UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development

Old 10-25-2017, 10:57 AM   #76
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Ex-Admiral Insane
I never quite got why people considered Type: Null and Silvally to be ultra rare Pokemon in the first place. To me they had near-Legendary status from the get-go. They were rare, unbreedable, you only got one and that was post-game, it had Legendary stats and it was basically an Arceus-mini clone (or at least hints towards it).

You can argue it was man-made but so was Mewtwo, Genesect (and possibly Magearna).
You can argue it's an Arceus rip-off meant to be handled by humans, but so can you for Mewtwo.
You can argue there's more than one off them, but then again so there are for Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Lugia, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Phione, Genesect, Cosmog and arguably a few more. And once again; Mewtwo if he hadn't blown up the lab.

PO: Type: Null and Silvally should have been categorized as Legendaries from the start and been just as obtainable in FB as any of the other Legendaries, which so far has not been discussed yet.
I do realise however that I'm one of the few (or only) who feels this way, so no concrete decision will be made on this yet. The discussion of Type: Null and Silvally should still be held, and be done alongside the discussion of how we're planning to accomodate Legendaries in FB
Right now however, Legendaries are not a topic I'm willing to go much into.

EDIT: BTW, I consider UBs to be in the same category. Different name, but they have (near-)legendary status.

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Spoiler: show
Party:
Traitors:
Lost Souls:
Ex-Admiral Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 09:24 AM   #77
Maskerade
Rainbow Badge

On Shadows:

So, about a discussion started recently on Discord about increasing availability of Shadows or, at least, conversion into Shadow.

A "Shadow Spray" has been proposed similar to the current Shiny Spray. Personally, I'm not a fan of this idea. Unlike shinies, there's more to Shadows than justa change of coloration - there's an implicit psyche change behind the process, which draws a line between shadow and non-shadow that isn't there for shiny vs non-shiny. With that in mind, dousing ink on a Pokemon to make them essentially evil is too artificial for my taste.

However, I don't think Pokemon should only be allowed to convert from bad to good (i.e. Purification). We should be allowed to explore the other side of this process, because the world of FB doesn't have to be inherently "good". I'd welcome the opportunity to let players dabble with Pokemon conversion into shadow, especially since we already have a system in place to account for this kind of transformation with the current Bond mechanics.

Trying to compromise between practicality and RP setting (because something too forcibly tied into RP might put people off if they lack time), I thought of something off the top of my head which, if not ideal, at least could be a good starting point for discussion.

In my LMN adventure, TKF guided my character into a cave with an underground lake. The water in that pool was imbued in a Dark Aura that corrupted everyone who drank from it, and most other Pokemon in the vicinity. I'm not sure this is an official LMN location, but it could be the setting we currently lack.

To make things practical, we could maybe approach this as the old FB handled Happiness. It was essentially a weekly shop, which lacked flavour but made up for it in convenience, to be perfectly honest. So my idea was:

- 5 weeks of drop-off, representing 5 stages of meditation/training inside the Dark Aura Cave. At the end of that period, a Pokemon will be imbued by and control the aura, effectively becoming Shadow. So basically, a 5-week Daycare drop-off with a bit of flavour, which may or may not be RPed if the player wishes.

- Week 1: "[Pokemon nickname]'s fears are starting to surface..."
- Week 2: "[Pokemon nickname] is behaving erratically under the influence of the cave's aura..."
- Week 3: "[Pokemon nickname] is learning to adapt to its newfound violent instincts..."
- Week 4: "[Pokemon nickname] somehow feels at ease in this oppressive atmosphere..."
- Week 5: "[Pokemon nickname] has learned to control and manifest its inner darkness completely!"
. [Pokemon nickname] has become a Shadow [Pokemon species]!

Rough around the edges, sure, but hey, it's a start - it's not too demanding on player time, and it's not a simple matter of dumping a spray on a Pokemon. Care to join in on the discussion?
Old 09-12-2018, 06:09 PM   #78
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
*casts ancient voodoo revival magic*

Hey so legendaries were being discussed again in the discord again and we're gonna bring the discussion here. So far, for those who want egendaties catachable/befriended, there have been two lists made so far. One based on lore power and the other based on the ingame battle facilities with minor changes.

List 1) (Lore power)
Mewtwo
Mew
Ho-oh
Lugia
Celebi
Kyogre
Groudon
Rayquaza
Deoxys
Jirachi
Dialga
Palkia
Giratina
Regigigas
Arceus
Victini
Zekrom
Reshiram
Kyurem
Genesect
Xerneas
Yveltal
Zygarde
Hoopa
Cosmog
Cosmoem
Solgaleo
Lunala
Necrozma

List 2) (Battle Facility + Regigigas -Phione)
Mewtwo
Mew
Ho-oh
Lugia
Celebi
Kyogre
Groudon
Rayquaza
Deoxys
Jirachi
Dialga
Palkia
Giratina
Regigigas
Manaphy
Darkrai
Shaymin
Arceus
Victini
Zekrom
Reshiram
Kyurem
Keldeo
Meloetta
Genesect
Xerneas
Yveltal
Zygarde
Diancie
Hoopa
Volcanion
Cosmog
Cosmoem
Solgaleo
Lunala
Necrozma
Marshadow
Zeroara

Wondering people's thoughts on these lists and just the status of legendaries in general in FB.

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 07:12 PM   #79
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

I find myself leaning closer to the first list rather than the second, with one fairly major alteration- allowing the Cosmog line. Now, yes, Solgaleo and Lunala are powerful, but unlike the likes of Groudon and Xerneas and so forth, they're not ultra-ancient gods with ultimate power over something like land or sea, or life or death, or truth or ideals, or any of that. Their only real legendary power of note is the ability to create Ultra Wormholes, and that can be easily circumvented with the explanation that putting them in a Poké Ball restricts that power. It'd be nothing new for the series, after all- that's why Cyrus bothered with the Red Chain instead of just chucking a Master Ball at Dialga or Palkia, because catching them would strip them of their world-resetting capabilities, which is the very thing Cyrus needed for his plan to succeed. In addition, the Cosmog line is most definitely not one-off in universe, so it'd be feasible for people to come to own them.

As for Ultra Beasts- I'd say allow them all as well.

Now, as for how we obtain them... I would say they should be restricted to being rewards at the very, very end of very long, arduous adventures. You should have to go through hell, basically. Earn your legendary. And in Diancie's case, I'm leaning less towards catching your own, and more towards letting people with Carbink go on equally long, arduous adventures that allow them to, at the very end, have said Carbink undergo the transformation into Diancie. And no catching evolved legendaries/UBs, either- you can't catch Naganadel, Silvally, Cosmoem, Solgaleo, or Lunala, but Poipole, Type: Null, and Cosmog are fair game.

Alternatively, one idea that was brought up in Discord was a campaign of some sort, where Ultra Wormholes open around Fizzytopia, Ultra Beasts are coming in, we gotta stop them, we each get one Beast Ball to work with. Though honestly, any area of any zone could feasibly host an adventure where an Ultra Wormhole opens up and an Ultra Beast suddenly needs to be dealt with. Personally, I like the idea of a UB-catching campaign to introduce Ultra Beasts to FB, just not as the only way we can get them.
Old 09-12-2018, 07:40 PM   #80
Maskerade
Rainbow Badge

As always and forevermore I cannot afford the time to write as much as I would like on this topic which is dear to me, but I will leave a link to my views on the matter back in 2015, many of which remain unchanged. Feedback was also surprisingly positive for that point in time, I think :P

https://forums.bulbagarden.net/index...stions.195664/
Old 09-12-2018, 07:58 PM   #81
Heather
Naga's Voice

Personally I'm not about this, but not enough to be mad about it if it gets approved either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 09:26 PM   #82
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Just to be clear, the proposed lists are off limit legendaries right?

I said it in the discord but if we did do this I’d prefer to keep it clear of regular adventures. It just has the potential to cause chaos as updaters are rarely consistent in the way they go about things, which isn’t a bad thing in most cases but here I think it is.

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 08:09 AM   #83
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
These are most definitely the banned legendaries. Obviously I'm in favor of the first list because I wrote it. I'll knock up a more in-depth list of all legends with reasons for why they were/weren't on the list in a minute.
Old 09-13-2018, 10:12 AM   #84
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Having scrambled through, I've changed my list slightly, adding Darkrai, removing Mew and sticking a question mark on Uxie/Azelf/Mesprit and Guzzlord/Celesteela. Basically the primary criterion boils down to 'potential for abuse in adventures', either by gamebreaking lore power, outright battle prowess, or sometimes just colossal size.

Mewtwo, Genesect- No.
Lumping these two together because the reasoning is identical. They're supposedly extremely powerful legendaries. Mewtwo was designed for battle and Genesect is an upgraded primal hunter. In short, they'd be simple outright wincons for basically any battle.

Mew- Yes.
Having the movepool it does is really not an issue, given that it's fizzby and we let everything have that degree of movepool anyway. Mew's inherent strength is diversity, which we allow anyway. Shapeshifting? Ditto's legal. Levitation? Pfft. Mew's not really got much of a reason to be denied to the playerbase other than it being exceedingly rare, thought extinct. It being the Ancestor Pokemon is really not all that powerful.

Raikou, Entei, Suicune- Yes.
As legendaries go, they're not particularly strong and honestly unless you were told they were legendaries you'd just think they were really rare, regular Pokemon.

Ho-oh, Lugia- No.
Arceus- No.
Zekrom, Reshiram, Kyurem- No.
Too powerful.

Celebi- No.
Time travel is screwy and Celebi just gives an easy out on adventures. Things went wrong? Call Celebi out and jump back five updates to fix it. No, deal with the hand you were dealt.

Regirock, Regice, Registeel- Yes.
They've canonically been shown as being capturable, and their only purpose as a legendary is pretty much to invoke Regigigas.

Latios, Latias- Yes.
Honestly I just can't think of a good reason why they shouldn't be banned. They're not hyper-strong, they just fly very fast, and honestly if that's an issue then we're going to have to ban Ninjask and a few other Pokemon.

Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza- No.
Extremely powerful and also rather large. Size starts becoming an issue, not to mention that Kyo and Groudon are literally planet killers.

Deoxys- No.
It being an alien and possibly exclusive aside, the forms present an issue in that Attack Form is supposedly one of the strongest things going, Defense Form is basically untouchable defensively, and Speed Form is too fast for anything to hit it. That versatility is kind of awkward to work around from an updater's perspective: Even if they can't form-change mid-adventure, it's still a nightmare to deal with.

Jirachi- No.
As mediocre as Jirachi is, lorewise allowing someone to have the Wishmaker is a tad too strong and just allows for all kinds of BS that's not worth going into.

Uxie, Azelf, Mesprit- Undecided.
Azelf and Mesprit almost certainly have little to no issues. Uxie is the only one that poses an issue, due to the fact it can just wipe minds on a whim. As it stands, I'd have to say Yes for Azelf and Mesprit, but No to Uxie. And splitting up the trio like that feels really kind of weird.

Dialga, Palkia, Giratina- No.
Extremely powerful. Add in that Dialga has time shenanigans a la Celebi except stronger, Palkia can cause spacial distortions to basically teleport whatever it likes, wherever it likes, and Giratina drags into interdimensional stuff... That's a headache and a half for any updater.

Regigigas- ???
Celesteela, Guzzlord- ???
Size is an issue here. Celesteela is almost ten meters tall, and both of these Pokemon are of a frankly absurd mass. Guzzlord would most likely cause earthquakes as it walked, and both would likely have trouble fighting without destroying a vast chunk of whatever zone they're in. But then again, we allow Alolan Exeggutor, so height's barely an issue, and when it comes to mass we still allow Mudsdale, so it's debatable. Currently veering towards Yes, but I'd like input from others. They're lumped with Regigigas because honestly if we allow Celesteela/or Guzzlord there's no reason to deny Regigigas, because both of those outstrip Regigigas in both weight and height.

Darkrai- No.
Changed my mind on Darkrai, simply because with a bit of thought, it'd have a knock-on effect to the rest of your squad and having a Legendary that just hampers everything else you have is kind of a nope.

Victini- No.
As the being that brings victory, it essentially means that any trainer with a Victini cannot lose. Which removes 95% of the risk in an adventure, when you know the outcome of the battles.

Xerneas, Yveltal- No.
Too powerful. Giving trainers the Pokemon with control over life and death respectively? Definitely potential for abuse. Not to mention necromancy shenanigans.

Zygarde- No.
If it wasn't for Complete Form being insanely powerful, plus height/weight issues, then I could see the case for it. But Complete Form is supposedly capable of mass annihilation of environmental threats, and it could probably level a city in one move. That kind of power may be a little much.

Hoopa- No.
We aren't allowing summoning shenanigans without the proper rituals and sacrifices.

The Other Ultra Beasts- Yes.
There's not really all that much to classify them as Legendaries. Poipole is explicitly extremely common, and the rest of them are shown to be existing in significant numbers, so they're hardly Legendary-rare. It's entirely feasible that they're just strong Pokemon that (Poipole aside) don't evolve to our knowledge, like Kangaskhan or Shuckle.

Cosmog, Cosmoem, Solgaleo, Lunala, Necrozma- No.
The whole line kind of has to be treated as one here, and honestly giving players the ability to mess around with Ultra Wormholes is a can of worms that should really be left unopened.

Heatran- Yes.
Cresselia- Yes.
Phione, Manaphy- Yes.
Shaymin- Yes.
Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Keldeo- Yes.
Meloetta- Yes.
Volcanion- Yes.
Magearna- Yes.
Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, Tapu Bulu, Tapu Fini- Yes.
Marshadow- Yes.
Zeraora- Yes.
This entire category falls under the list of 'I can't think of a valid reason why we should ban them other than 'because they're legendaries' and that's not really a valid reason'.

To summarise, these are the legends that one could not own:
Mewtwo
Ho-oh
Lugia
Celebi
Kyogre
Groudon
Rayquaza
Deoxys
Jirachi
Uxie?
Dialga
Palkia
Giratina
Regigigas?
Darkrai
Arceus
Victini
Zekrom
Reshiram
Kyurem
Genesect
Xerneas
Yveltal
Zygarde
Hoopa
Celesteela?
Guzzlord?
Cosmog
Cosmoem
Solgaleo
Lunala
Necrozma
Old 09-14-2018, 09:46 PM   #85
Heather
Naga's Voice

To help you with the Lake Trio, Canalave Library texts state that Azelf can make those who hurt it completely immobile. Even if the same text does say it takes days to take effect, there is no telling if that is merely the limit of Azelf's power or if it's just being sadistic in letting you have five days before you know you will never move a muscle again. Because that can't be definitively answered, you bet your ass someone will try to argue for it being instantaneous in an adventure for their own benefit, so I would rule it out. With a solid case for bumping off two of three, I think we can just say majority rules and let all three stay at their lakes.

I'm also going to argue against the Island Guardians, however, because why pray tell would they ever leave their particular island in Alola of their own volition when their job is to protect it and those on it? Lorewise, also, their power is enough to scare wild Pokémon away from the ruins in which they reside, according to Olivia (and the lack of encounters in any Ruins area), as they have a reputation of running wild, indicating their power to be far too great for a lot of adventures that steer away from situations that would reasonably involve battles with very strong trainers.

Agree on most of the mythicals and whatnot you've proposed allowable except Heatran because he motherfucking died on arduro island, but yeah most of these Pokémon either have incredibly limited and niche lore powers or are literally just Pokémon with an exclusive move that Gamefreak literally made to be given away in Japan with a movie about it despite giving them no lore (this is especially true of Gen 7 mythicals).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park

Last edited by Heather; 09-14-2018 at 09:56 PM.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 10:16 PM   #86
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

>Canalave texts
The bit that always stood out to me was the one that mentioned that coming into physical contact with Mesprit drains one of their emotions- this particular tidbit forever reflavored its reasons for being a dang roamer in my mind. While this isn't as overtly abusable as the others, it's still got a fair bit of utility (especially when used in conjunction with a hypnotist like malamar or beheyem)- you don't have to worry about someone trying to get revenge on you for hijacking their body for a bit if they can't even get mad, ya know? So majority rules is a bit unnecessary with those three.

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 09:04 AM   #87
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Gonna have to counter heather's statement on heatran.

There was a random guy in the Sinnoh League who casually had a Heatran out at signups.

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 09:45 AM   #88
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

I can see the point for the Tapus and the lake trio. So we'll scramble them all to Nos for now and throw up the projected list:

Mewtwo
Ho-oh
Lugia
Celebi
Kyogre
Groudon
Rayquaza
Deoxys
Jirachi
Uxie
Mesprit
Azelf
Dialga
Palkia
Giratina
Regigigas?
Darkrai
Arceus
Victini
Zekrom
Reshiram
Kyurem
Genesect
Xerneas
Yveltal
Zygarde
Hoopa
Tapu Koko
Tapu Lele
Tapu Bulu
Tapu Fini
Celesteela?
Guzzlord?
Cosmog
Cosmoem
Solgaleo
Lunala
Necrozma

Any input with regards to Steela/Guzzlord? The issues in question were Steela's height (about 10m, which is a touch shorter than most telephone poles and is certainly larger than the majority of buildings) and the duo's sheer size and mass. Steela is a tonne, Guzzlord's over 800kg and both of them have the body structure to show it, so to speak. Not to mention that Guzzlord's five meters in height and more than that in width, probably about half again. Neither are fitting in buildings, they're probably going to cause earthquakes when they hit the ground, and Guzzlord is likely wider than most streets. In short: How big is too big?
Old 09-15-2018, 09:52 AM   #89
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Size and mass don't mean much here tbh. Celesteela's the same height as Steelix is long, and the worst that would happen with that is that neither would be a fit in buildings, but since when has that been an issue when most adventures are outside?

Weight also isn't a huge factor, given the fact Mudsdale is also extremely heavy, as is Snorlax. And in regards to your question of "how big is too big," we have the Boutique. If something is agreed to be too big, then it would be so.

If anything, the argument with Steela's placement there is in how she moves. Being a literal rocket, the act of flying would create a blast of hot pain beneath her, which is about the only dangerous thing surrouding her. Hell, we'd be allowing Nihilego, which is literally a parasite pokemon and more dangerous than both Cele and Guzzlord.

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 10:08 AM   #90
Maskerade
Rainbow Badge

Right, so, found a bit of free time. Let me try and address this matter again.

Useful as it will definitely be in the future, I'm not sure discussing "tier lists" of what can and cannot be owned is perhaps thinking a bit too far ahead right now - we don't even have approval of the concept to begin with.

Obviously people will have different opinions on this matter - some think it'll be cool to explore, and it has been shown possible in both games and anime; others prefer to keep Legendaries away from player ownership for balance or lore reasons, and they're justified too.

Fortunately, FB is primarily (exclusively right now) PvE. Personally, I'm in the camp of those who would like to try this idea out, and without a heavy emphasis on PvP, I think it can be accomplished without breaking the game.
The main issue at the moment, given how the game plays out, might be Legendaries becoming a sort of panic button, the easy way out for many PvE challenges. I think if we can try to work around this obvious issue, the concept can still be implemented, but obviously it would require updaters to be in agreement - they are ultimately the ones to be potentially impacted by this decision, not necessarily fellow players.

Another issue is how we would go about awarding players these Legends. This might also be an issue if other people who don't win a Legend feel cheated, jealous or start pressuring staff to give them the same opportunities. If this does become a situation, then I see it as a community problem rather than an issue with the concept. Ideally, sooner or later, everyone should receive roughly the same opportunities, but obviously, those who are more active and stick around longer might understandably gain what they want faster - it's just the way it is.
So in order for this to work, ideally, people would have to be patient and understanding, the same way they should probably not be salty against a player who, by luck of the draw, ends up with multiple Shinies - ultimately, that stroke of luck does not directly detract from anyone else's enjoyment, so why should it be an issue? Same with players being awarded a Legendary Pokemon.

Some people have suggested that Legendaries should only be awarded in big Events and not "trivialized" in Zones, if I understood correctly. Trivializing Legendary Pokemon would be an obvious mistake we want to avoid, but at the same time, I don't think it's feasible to limit them to Events.
  • Issue number 1: Events don't roll out often enough due to the manpower they require; ultimately, we are not that active to run sufficient Events, nor do we want Events to become commonplace.
  • Issue number 2: I don't see how we would go about rewarding Legendaries at the end of Events. Would everyone get the same Legendary, tied to the event plot? Would everyone get different Legendaries, resulting in mass distribution? Would only a select few players who took part in the Event win the Legend, leaving others out? None of these seem ideal to me.
For the reasons above, I would personally prefer not to tie Legendaries themselves with Events.

I thought of another possible approach, and I'd like to know your opinion.

I would introduce the concept of "Legend Tokens". These would be account items (i.e., awarded to Maskerade rather than his characters), and won in several possible ways: zone rewards for high-quality RPing and/or overcoming particularly difficult challenges, perhaps also as a Birthday reward, Staff FC Rewards and/or the occasional Event giveaways. The catch would be, a single Token wouldn't earn you a Legendary Pokemon; rather, players would have to collect a certain number of Legend Tokens (3? 5?) in order to be eligible for a Legendary Adventure, where they would finally be allowed to befriend/recruit a Legendary Pokemon.

I feel this approach has its merits: first, it rewards adventuring and putting in the effort,; second, it still leaves this decision in the hands of updaters - they would be by no means obligated to hand out Tokens just because they can; third, by having alternative ways to earn Tokens, those who have less time available to earn them through RP would also not be left out of a chance, although they might progress slower (this is still a roleplaying game at the end of the day).

From a lore perspective, I would prefer a Legendary be considered "befriended" rather than outright captured. Instead of trapping it in a Pokeball, we could perhaps introduce custom summoning items for these Legends, without subduing them to humans in a capture device and upsetting natural balance.
Other than that - and opinions may also vary here - I would effectively consider them "owned" by the respective account. As such, they would be usable in shops - Legendary Pokemon, much like all the others, do have levels and learnsets, so disallowing them to enter the Move Tutor or Daycare seems counterproductive to me.

When would a player be allowed to call upon the Legendary Pokemon that they earned? I would like your input on this too. Personally, speaking as an updater, I would welcome the chance to work with a player owning a Legend. It is never impossible to upscale challenges to accommodate for this - which is to say, just because a player can call upon Articuno, that doesn't mean it's an insta-win. Rather, it pushes the updater to keep up as well, and I find that very interesting. This to say I wouldn't necessarily restrict their usage, although I would perhaps not be opposed to some manner of "obedience" roll if I see a player relying on their Legend too much, too often - as the Legend isn't owned, it might be prone to acting on its own, or refusing to show, if called out too often by the human at every opportunity. Other than that, provided people are reasonable and don't try to Heatran their way out of every single challenge, I don't see why there should be a penalty or restriction. Lemme know what you guys think.

Other things to take into account:
- I would allow different players to own the same Legendary Pokemon, as there is proof multiple can exist in the same universe, or the same Pokemon can befriend several humans (mechanically, locking someone out of a certain Legend they love because someone else beat them to it is unfair)
- I would not allow Legends in standard battles if we ever get a PvP running, except if agreed upon by both sides.
- I would not forbid a player from earning multiple Legends if they accumulate enough Tokens; it just means they put in the effort.
- I might, however, be opposed to making Tokens tradeable, as it devalues them.
- I would also make Legendary Pokemon, or their summon items, untradeable; they were earned but not caught, and a bond of trust does not pass through the GTS. :P
- Tier lists I might discuss later, if the general opinion seems to be in favour of implementing this, otherwise I'd be wasting my time.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by Maskerade; 09-15-2018 at 11:53 AM.
Maskerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 12:28 PM   #91
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

OK so finalised list of banned legends is:
Mewtwo
Ho-oh
Lugia
Celebi
Kyogre
Groudon
Rayquaza
Deoxys
Jirachi
Uxie
Mesprit
Azelf
Dialga
Palkia
Giratina
Darkrai
Arceus
Victini
Zekrom
Reshiram
Kyurem
Genesect
Xerneas
Yveltal
Zygarde
Hoopa
Tapu Koko
Tapu Lele
Tapu Bulu
Tapu Fini
Cosmog
Cosmoem
Solgaleo
Lunala
Necrozma

Which, for swift reference, means this is the list of allowed Legendaries.
Mew
Raikou
Entei
Suicune
Regirock
Regice
Registeel
Latios
Latias
Heatran
Regigigas
Cresselia
Phione
Manaphy
Shaymin
Cobalion
Terrakion
Virizion
Tornadus
Thundurus
Landorus
Keldeo
Meloetta
Nihilego
Buzzwole
Pheromosa
Xurkitree
Celesteela
Kartana
Guzzlord
Magearna
Marshadow
Poipole
Naganadel
Stakataka
Blacephalon
Zeraora

Just finalising this list for now.

RE: Mask's post
>Don't have approval of the concept

We're hacking this proposal together for approval. Approval doesn't come at the title of the initiative, it really helps to have some structure of how you plan this shit to work.

>Distribution methods
Basically as you said. Event-only's kind of bad. Events and long adventures are the sort of things I had in mind.

>Tokens
It's a really solid idea tbh, but it feels to me like you're just buying a legendary. Also having them as account-locked not character-locked is a big no. I'd also question the speed of acquisition, not to mention that it'd require a staff rewards rejig to accommodate. In short, it's a good idea and you've clearly put work into it, but I'm just not that big a fan of what boils down to legends being made comparable and potentially equivalent to Shadow Pokemon.

>Befriending vs capturing
Honestly at this point it's pretty much personal flavor, I was just going to leave this basically to how the 'owner' of the legendary wants to play it.

>Legends and their items are non-tradable
Figured this might've been a given but for the record there's no way in hell trading legends should be a thing.

>Multiple legends
Already sort of covered, there's no reason to say there aren't so go for it.

>PvP usage
I think the general consensus is that if you want casual PvP, do it in bases. If you want serious PvP, go to ASB. As for legend use in casual PvP, that's user-dependent but I think the age-old rule of 'Don't be a dick' will cover that.
Old 09-17-2018, 02:21 PM   #92
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

I think we should really establish that Ultra Beasts aren't legendaries. They're more of their own category, and while I'm all for discussing the possibility of catching them alongside the possibility of catching legendaries, it's not right to lump them together. The Pokémon Company's made it clear that UBs aren't considered legendaries. They're pretty much their own thing.

As for Mask's idea about befriending legendaries, I feel like that could work, but I'd personally prefer it as a possibility, something you could do in lieu of catching them, depending on how you'd want to do it, but for Ultra Beasts... just catching. Beast Balls are a thing for a reason. But yeah- this could work IMO, just as long as it's not the only possibility.

I'd like to, at this point, reiterate my support for the idea of a UB catching campaign, not unlike the Snowdown in essentials. Ultra Wormholes open up in Fizzytopia, UBs come through, and we gotta stop 'em, we each get one Beast Ball with which to work. Not as the only way of catching them, though- more like a way to introduce UBs, and following the campaign, the Department Store could start stocking Beast Balls, or something.

As for legendaries in adventures, I feel like this could just be up to the updator. I'm not sure how I feel about the tokens, myself. I feel like if you want to catch (or befriend) a legendary, all you need is a good, long, and very challenging zone adventure. Like what I went through to catch my Heatmor, only even moreso. Rather than needing some sort of currency to get the adventure underway to begin with, just see the adventure through to the end, make the right choices along the way, and I would say that a battle against the legendary/mythical in question would invariably be necessary (with the possible exceptions of Manaphy, as you'd likely receive that as an Egg; Diancie, as the end result would be transforming your own Carbink into one; and Phione, as I'm pretty sure we can just do for that what the games do- that is to say, make it the result of Manaphy and Ditto getting it on).
Old 09-17-2018, 02:41 PM   #93
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
I think we should really establish that Ultra Beasts aren't legendaries. They're more of their own category, and while I'm all for discussing the possibility of catching them alongside the possibility of catching legendaries, it's not right to lump them together. The Pokémon Company's made it clear that UBs aren't considered legendaries. They're pretty much their own thing.

As for Mask's idea about befriending legendaries, I feel like that could work, but I'd personally prefer it as a possibility, something you could do in lieu of catching them, depending on how you'd want to do it, but for Ultra Beasts... just catching. Beast Balls are a thing for a reason. But yeah- this could work IMO, just as long as it's not the only possibility.

I'd like to, at this point, reiterate my support for the idea of a UB catching campaign, not unlike the Snowdown in essentials. Ultra Wormholes open up in Fizzytopia, UBs come through, and we gotta stop 'em, we each get one Beast Ball with which to work. Not as the only way of catching them, though- more like a way to introduce UBs, and following the campaign, the Department Store could start stocking Beast Balls, or something.
UBs aren't legendaries, but they're equally as rare this side of the wormhole and just as strong, if not stronger, than several other legendaries on the lists. Therefore, they're in the same boat.

As I said before, befriending vs capturing is going to be left to the individual. It's basically entirely flavor text. Once you have ownership, you have ownership, and how you portray that ownership is down to you.

Honestly I was considering something of the sort, but I was probably going to delay proposing an event until we actually had the proposal sorted in its entirety. No point planning the celebration until there's something to celebrate.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development