UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 03-21-2013, 04:26 PM   #26
deh74
Noted homosexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Emperor View Post
Where do you think a Blizzard or Surf attack goes when it misses?

Plus you'd be stuck at 10 forever.
Offscreen...I never really thought about that though.

Unless the gen 7 characters are older than 10.

PASBL
The Whistling Sound of Impending Doom.

deh74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:36 PM   #27
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Nah, Red and Green are retconed to 11 in FRLG, and BW's leads are older than previous leads.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:13 PM   #28
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindrindra View Post
Nah, Red and Green are retconed to 11 in FRLG.
I don't remember that when playing Touhoumon Puppet Play Enhanced. Thought they were still 10.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:20 PM   #29
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

It's one of those 'It's all there in the manual' dealios. You know, the manuals no one ever reads. XD
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:24 PM   #30
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I always read manuals. #childofthelate80searly90s I just don't happen to own FRLG and TPPE didn't come with a manual.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:34 PM   #31
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

icic
Quote:
Old 03-21-2013, 09:08 PM   #32
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

You can fuse with your Pokemon and have Magic Kung Fu battles with special enhancements based on which Pokemon you fused with.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:04 AM   #33
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Quote:
Originally Posted by deh74 View Post
Triffids?

I say we give magikarp splash to start with, learns tackle at level 4, followed by bubble at level 7, water gun at 11, and bounce at 16. It doesn't need any more moves than that because who's gonna keep a magikarp beyond level 20?
Ever read the manga about how Red was nearly eaten by a Victreebel?
Old 03-22-2013, 08:13 PM   #34
deh74
Noted homosexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeVA View Post
Ever read the manga about how Red was nearly eaten by a Victreebel?
I probably want able to read then, so no.

PASBL
The Whistling Sound of Impending Doom.

deh74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:24 AM   #35
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
There will be a Fire/Ice type based on Robert Frost and an Ice/Fire type based on George R. R. Martin.
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:04 PM   #36
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairne View Post
There will be a Fire/Ice type based on Robert Frost and an Ice/Fire type based on George R. R. Martin.
This

This pleases me greatly
Old 03-25-2013, 10:07 PM   #37
Loki

Not really. If it's based off GRRM, that means its will be old, slow, and be on the verge of dying while everyone is waiting for him to help finish up his saga of books.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:50 PM   #38
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor Jesus View Post
Not really. If it's based off GRRM, that means its will be old, slow, and be on the verge of dying while everyone is waiting for him to help finish up his saga of books.
At least it's not based off of Robert Jordan then.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:05 PM   #39
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
At least it's not based off of Robert Jordan then.
Low blow, dude.

At least WoT ended as of a few months ago.

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:03 PM   #40
Loki

Gen7 takes place in on an alien world. All the Pokemon you encounter are all new and completely alien. There are no alien people, only alien Pokemon. The new evil team are people who don't like aliens, and thus alien Pokemon. They only use Earth based Pokemon from Gen1-6. The storyline legend is actually the alien planet, which is awakened by the evil team. You catch the planet and then die as you asphyxiate in space since the planet got sucked into your Pokeball. If you don't catch it, it will eat the Earth.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:25 PM   #41
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
If only... XD

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future
Gemini Spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:24 PM   #42
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Keymon: a monkey whose body is shaped like a Victorian-era key

Menkey: a side evolution for Mankey where two hominids, joined at the hip, form one Pokémon. Individually they look like cavemen.

Munnkey: looks like Olivia Munn wearing a monkey costume

Monkeylime: A key lime with monkey facial features and prehensile tail. Part-Grass.

Monkeese: if you trade a Mankey holding a Toxic Orb for a Zubat holding a Flame Orb, the person who was going to get the Mankey gets this instead. (The other person gets nothing.) It's a vampire Mankey ... with flaming wings of fire. Be afraid.
Old 02-10-2014, 01:45 PM   #43
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Dear Game Freak,

please scrap one of Camerupt's abilities and replace it with Water Absorb, known in Japanese as Water Storage. It not only makes perfect sense for the animal as far as the old wives tales go about camels storing water in their humps, it not only makes good sense with scientific facts about camels' high tolerance for rapid intake of large volumes of water, but it would remove the 4x weakness that cripples this beautiful beast while leaving everything else intact. Solid Rock ain't cutting it. And don't even get me started on Magma Armor and Anger Point.

Pick an ability of Camerupt's. Any ability. And please, please replace it with Water Absorb.

Sincerely,

everyone who got excited when they first found a Numel in Pokémon Ruby or Sapphire only for that excitement to evaporate faster than spilled water in the Nefud upon discovering its horrid typing and stats

P.S. If you're feeling especially kind, please redistribute Camerupt's stats in light of the Gen 4 physical/special split. Having 100 Attack, 105 Special Attack, and shit everything else is no longer a sensible trade-off for a Ground/Fire Pokémon. Please chop off fifty of those Attack points and place them somewhere else besides Speed. He's perfectly happy to run Earth Power over Earthquake. Thanks.
Old 02-10-2014, 02:08 PM   #44
Mercutio
Banned

I often run Camerupt in game on R/S, he's pretty sexy.
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 03:21 PM   #45
rotomotorz
Think ye can take me?

This.
No jk. If it was this I'd probably kill something
{======|_|""T""|_|""r""|_|""a""|_|""i""|_|""n""|
/o--000'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'
Squad Summary

rotomotorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 03:23 PM   #46
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Camerupt is pretty good in FF Talon...yeah that doesn't help does it? ;-;
Old 02-10-2014, 03:28 PM   #47
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Send a message via Skype™ to Whimsy
Camerupt needs no help for this reason and this reason alone:
It is awesome.

/crippling bias towards Ground Types.
Also lol it gets Growth. Mixed Sunny Day sweeper?

Spoiler: show
Fizzy Bubbles Profile/Whimlist/ASB/Wild Future
Inactive Ref, laziness op~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost™ View Post
In Mother 3 Swampy was Flint and you were Hinawa. You two were a wonderful couple. Icarus was your dog, and Toy and I were your twin sons. Well, until a dinosaur impaled you through the heart. So yes, where is he!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
#still
#fucking
#salty

Whimsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 03:38 PM   #48
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotomotorz View Post
This.
No jk. If it was this I'd probably kill something
Do you mean the picture or the rumor?

The picture: It says right there in the article that this picture was fished off of the Internet from an Unreal Engine Developer's concept art for a 3D Pokémon Center. It looks nice except for the sticker book picture of Charmeleon that so horridly, horridly clashes with the rest of the center's look and feel.

The rumor: Reeks of being made up by the fans. Plus and Minus are unlikely names for several simple reasons:
  • Marketing. You want pairs that will appeal to lots of people. Do I get Red or do I get Blue? Do I get White or do I get Black? Probably the biggest time they dropped this ball was with Diamond and Pearl (where 90% of little kids wanted Diamond over Pearl because of the name and the box cover legendary), but for the most part they tend to release titles that appeal to a broad spectrum. But Plus and Minus? That's just a disaster waiting to happen. Everyone would want to buy Plus and you'd have nearly nobody buying minus outside of hardcore adult fans who know the inside scoop and are buying Minus specifically because of its version-exclusive content.
  • Internal consistency. You're not going to get Pokémon games with the names Drizzle, Drought, Blaze, or Static in them for a very simple reason: these names already belong to abilities. It would be very strange to release games named Plus and Minus when Plus and Minus are not only already attached to two creatures (Plusle and Minun) but even worse to two abilities with those exact names.
Then there's the fact that they speculate about Southeast Asia being where we're headed next. Gee. How perceptive of you. I'm sure you're the first person to ever say that! ... Everyone's been screaming at the top of their lungs that we're headed to Southeast Asia ever since the tiki doll was found in XY. It's by far the most popular theory, ahead of Easter Island, Africa, and South America. That the rumor spreader picked that region for his claims is hardly surprising.

The legendary ideas sound like they have very, very poor broad appeal. They sound like something only 0.1% of the fandom is going to be enthusiastic about.

Game Freak has gone on record saying that they intend for Pokémon Bank to be software fans will be using for many generations in a row as we press on into the future. There's little reason to believe that they would backtrack so soon and install Bank-like facilities in-game like this rumor suggests.

A lot of the ideas sound really crappy, to be honest. I would be disappointed if Gen 7 was what this fan is dreaming for.
Old 02-10-2014, 04:12 PM   #49
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
I love Camerupt but oh god yes that would make it better.

Also Flare Blitz. No Fire-type physical STAB is a pile of arse.
DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 04:14 PM   #50
rotomotorz
Think ye can take me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Do you mean the picture or the rumor?

The picture: It says right there in the article that this picture was fished off of the Internet from an Unreal Engine Developer's concept art for a 3D Pokémon Center. It looks nice except for the sticker book picture of Charmeleon that so horridly, horridly clashes with the rest of the center's look and feel.

The rumor: Reeks of being made up by the fans. Plus and Minus are unlikely names for several simple reasons:
  • Marketing. You want pairs that will appeal to lots of people. Do I get Red or do I get Blue? Do I get White or do I get Black? Probably the biggest time they dropped this ball was with Diamond and Pearl (where 90% of little kids wanted Diamond over Pearl because of the name and the box cover legendary), but for the most part they tend to release titles that appeal to a broad spectrum. But Plus and Minus? That's just a disaster waiting to happen. Everyone would want to buy Plus and you'd have nearly nobody buying minus outside of hardcore adult fans who know the inside scoop and are buying Minus specifically because of its version-exclusive content.
  • Internal consistency. You're not going to get Pokémon games with the names Drizzle, Drought, Blaze, or Static in them for a very simple reason: these names already belong to abilities. It would be very strange to release games named Plus and Minus when Plus and Minus are not only already attached to two creatures (Plusle and Minun) but even worse to two abilities with those exact names.
Then there's the fact that they speculate about Southeast Asia being where we're headed next. Gee. How perceptive of you. I'm sure you're the first person to ever say that! ... Everyone's been screaming at the top of their lungs that we're headed to Southeast Asia ever since the tiki doll was found in XY. It's by far the most popular theory, ahead of Easter Island, Africa, and South America. That the rumor spreader picked that region for his claims is hardly surprising.

The legendary ideas sound like they have very, very poor broad appeal. They sound like something only 0.1% of the fandom is going to be enthusiastic about.

Game Freak has gone on record saying that they intend for Pokémon Bank to be software fans will be using for many generations in a row as we press on into the future. There's little reason to believe that they would backtrack so soon and install Bank-like facilities in-game like this rumor suggests.

A lot of the ideas sound really crappy, to be honest. I would be disappointed if Gen 7 was what this fan is dreaming for.
Twas a joke, mate. I even said I would kill something if it were true.
In Gen 7 I demand that Rotom-S get Hurricane
{======|_|""T""|_|""r""|_|""a""|_|""i""|_|""n""|
/o--000'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'
Squad Summary

rotomotorz is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON