UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development

Old 05-21-2017, 08:37 AM   #1
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Eevee Smeargle

So, as was the case back before Tess and co. stepped down, I find myself very interested in working out just how we handle Smeargle in FB. Back then I was the only active member with a Smeargle, but if I'm not mistaken, I think one or two returning members have Smeargle of their own as well, so this would likely be worth at least some discussion.

The current stipulations as far as Smeargle goes;

1: Using a TM or Custom Move item on Smeargle is allowed, but must use up one of its Sketches. If it was already taught any moves without consuming any Sketches, it's allowed to keep said moves without retroactively using up Sketches.

2: I never did think to ask about dropping off Smeargle to learn MTs or HMs at the cost of Sketches, so still unclear what the rule would have been there.

3: The IQ-based Custom Moves were considered an exception, and were perfectly allowed to be learned without consuming Sketches.

4: The ten instances of Sketch in a Smeargle's movepool were all it got- no relearning Sketch.

My questions here are as follows;

1: Will we need to keep using up Sketches to teach TMs and CMs to Smeargle?

2: If no, will those who used Sketches to teach TMs or CMs to Smeargle be allowed to regain any Sketches used in that manner, assuming the answer to #3 is no? Being perfectly honest, this one only affects me, and if the answer is no, that's cool. Just want to know either way.

3: Will Smeargle be allowed to relearn Sketch for potentially unlimited uses of Sketch?

4: Will we allow Smeargle to learn MT moves? Will we need to pay extra considering Smeargle doesn't learn any moves from MTs in the games, or not, because technically they're all perfectly possible for it to know in the games? Will Sketches be consumed by doing so?

I realize that this is probably not our highest priority at this time, or even anywhere close to it, but I figured I'd at least get this discussion going so at least it's there for when we don't have a buttload of more important matters ahead of it.
Old 05-22-2017, 07:25 AM   #2
Snorby
Snackin'

Now that TM Compatibility is unlocked, I see no reason for TMs or MTs to use up Sketches, personally. I also think it's fair to give back any Sketches lost in that case. I think Relearning Sketch is definitely too much, though.

Click on Fawful for my ASB squad summary. Other links coming soon.
Snorby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 08:19 AM   #3
Balmund
'Munds of fun

Send a message via Skype™ to Balmund
I personally don't think it's game-breaking for Smeargle to relearn Sketch as many times as it is needed, to be honest. I mean, game balance has already been thrown out the window with Pokémon having the potential access to huge movepools, plus lifted restrictions on TM and MT compatibility. Besides, Smeargle can potentially relearn Sketch an infinite number of times ingame already. So, I'm of the opinion that one should just fudge it and let it learn all moves it possibly can, and perhaps even make it a quest to collect them all.

::FB::WF::
Balmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 12:39 PM   #4
Altocharizard55
The Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balmund View Post
I personally don't think it's game-breaking for Smeargle to relearn Sketch as many times as it is needed, to be honest. I mean, game balance has already been thrown out the window with Pokémon having the potential access to huge movepools, plus lifted restrictions on TM and MT compatibility. Besides, Smeargle can potentially relearn Sketch an infinite number of times ingame already. So, I'm of the opinion that one should just fudge it and let it learn all moves it possibly can, and perhaps even make it a quest to collect them all.
Basically, this. I don't really have anything else to add. There's no game balance to worry about, and this makes Smeargle a lot more fun.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development