UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > UPN News

Old 10-17-2016, 11:14 PM   #26
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
Basically, keep all Sun/Moon demo spoilers not related to Ash-Greninja in the Sun/Moon thread
Umm ... what? There are plenty of people who are happy to play the demo but who still want to sit out all of the other spoilers, who don't want to see any data mining leaks, who don't want any CoroCoro, etc etc etc. *raises hand* I don't know why you haven't done it already, but someone should go ahead and make a Sun & Moon Demo thread in the Pokémon forum. (News is for news discussion.) The thread should have the very obvious rules of:
  1. Anything that can be found out by playing the demo through normal means, e.g. no hacking or ROM dumping, is fair game to discuss.
  2. Anything that can be found out from the demo through extraordinary means, e.g. data mining, is off limits. Take it to the spoiler discussion thread.
  3. Anything that is not even in the demo at all, e.g. CoroCoro leaks about content not present in the demo's data, is also off limits. Take it to the spoiler discussion thread.
Preeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetty obvious. No?
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 11:28 PM   #27
deoxys
Fog Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Umm ... what? There are plenty of people who are happy to play the demo but who still want to sit out all of the other spoilers, who don't want to see any data mining leaks, who don't want any CoroCoro, etc etc etc. *raises hand* I don't know why you haven't done it already, but someone should go ahead and make a Sun & Moon Demo thread in the Pokémon forum. (News is for news discussion.) The thread should have the very obvious rules of:
  1. Anything that can be found out by playing the demo through normal means, e.g. no hacking or ROM dumping, is fair game to discuss.
  2. Anything that can be found out from the demo through extraordinary means, e.g. data mining, is off limits. Take it to the spoiler discussion thread.
  3. Anything that is not even in the demo at all, e.g. CoroCoro leaks about content not present in the demo's data, is also off limits. Take it to the spoiler discussion thread.
Preeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetty obvious. No?
Well...

uh... Yeah...?

... We can do that I guess, I'll be honest, I've been slightly overwhelmed tonight with people coming to me about how to handle spoilers with the demo coming out now. I basically had already told everyone in the Sun/Moon thread to keep all the datamined stuff spoiler tagged, should there be anything, that is - and to spoiler tag demo related stuff, but to mark it so that everyone knows it's demo-related.

You're right, this logic isn't the best. Handling Sun/Moon spoilers on the forum has been tricky business, but if people want a demo thread, to discuss purely what's in the demo, then I guess we can do that, but I also don't want to go against Kuno/Jeri's wishes, either. I don't think it's 'obvious', though. Keeping all of the forum's ducks in a row on the topic of spoilers hasn't been the easiest thing in the world to maintain, especially when you start having people question what constitutes as a spoiler or not, as the definition seems to wildly vary. Also, micromanaging a Demo discussion thread could be tricky. I get the feeling there could be a lot of accidental spoilers in such a thread, but I guess we can see what happens

Last edited by deoxys; 10-18-2016 at 12:21 AM.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 02:27 AM   #28
Talon87
時の彼方へ

It doesn't much matter to me personally as I would be sitting such a thread out anyway, for the very fact that I can't trust people to not bring in outside information whilst trying to discuss what they see in the demo. I just don't agree with the decision to lump demo discussion in with spoiler discussion. Opening yourself up to the demo doesn't mean you're opening yourself up to story spoilers, evolutions, the Aloladex of creatures, etc. It just means you're willing to take one or more of the three starters out for a spin, check out the in-game graphics, and maybe discover five to ten new Pokémon. The same way most reasonable people wouldn't suggest "Anyone who chooses to play the demo opens themselves up to 100% of data mining spoilers! ", I wouldn't suggest "Anyone who chooses to play the demo opens themselves up to any and all spoilers period." It doesn't follow. It's as bad as suggesting that if I choose to watch the trailer for a movie that I deserve to be told all the details of the full-length film.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 04:21 PM   #29
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Spoiler: show
So it gets a +110 stat boost, superior to all Mega Evolutions? That's pretty sweet, although I have to question what is the point of boosting both Attack and Special Attack if Greninja is meant to be either a Special Attacker or an Attacker.

The changes to Water Shuriken are the deal breaker here. How much damage is that boost? Maybe if you give Ash-Greninja Life Orb or something, it can sort-of approximate how much damage it did with Protean?
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 04:26 PM   #30
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Also, I'm sorry, but if those reports are accurate, it just makes the anime outcome all the more bullshit!
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 10-18-2016, 04:27 PM   #31
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
idk, Ash-Greninja's no bulkier than the average Greninja. Or the average soggy paper towel.
Old 10-18-2016, 04:38 PM   #32
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

It's also faster than pretty much everything.

The only non-Megas that are faster:

Ninjask
Accelgor
Electrode

Not only are those three frail, they're weak. They don't pack anything close to the firepower of the Ash-Greninja.

Needing to KO another Pokemon is the balancing factor here, since without Protean that's going to be a lot harder. But once it does...
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 10-18-2016, 04:44 PM   #33
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Honestly its not as versatile as Protean Greninja, but its literally Keldeo on roids.

There really isn't many counters to a Water-type with 153 Sp.Atk / 132 Speed. Bar like, Blissey.
Old 10-18-2016, 05:00 PM   #34
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Even in Blissey's case, if Greninja gets a move like Secret Sword or Psystrike - which calculates using the opponent's Defensive stat - it can smash the Special walls pretty well on its own, because of that massive attack stat it's not making use of.

I wonder if Water Shuriken is that now? Using Special Attack and Defense in the calculation.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 10-18-2016, 05:48 PM   #35
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

XY Anime spoilers

Spoiler: show

These were the titles VGM provided for the upcoming XY episodes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
Upcoming Japanese episode titles.

941 One Last Battle with Ash! Serena's Choice!!
942 Farewell, Ash-Greninja! Xerosic Strikes Back!!
943 A Zero With No End! Till the Day We Meet Again!!

eugh.
In the Sun & Moon Demo, the Ash-Greninja's OT is "ASH". Given this, and the spoiler-ific titles, it seems likely to me that Ash is going to meet the S&M protagonist, and give him/her his Greninja.

It isn't going to get boxed, but maybe we have a better idea where it's going this time around.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > UPN News