Go Back   UPNetwork > UPN News

Old 09-14-2015, 02:25 PM   #26
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
Relicanth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
Gash) is possibly the dumbest thing I have ever seen.
So tempted to sig-quote this.
DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 02:39 PM   #27
Mercutio
Banned

Is that joke funny to people who aren't British?
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 04:08 PM   #28
Quilavaflare
Cascade Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Quilavaflare
Prediction: Pokemon Z happens.
New gimmick for Pokemon Z happens.
"Play with your Pokemon in Pokemon Amie and watch as they become you!"

Friend Code/Username list
Spoiler: show
3DS: 0748-3092-2840
Y Trainer Name: Roy
[Friend Safari: Paras, Vivillon, Beautifly]
Pokemon Showdown: Quilavaflare
Nintendo Network: Snowboos

Quilavaflare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 04:41 PM   #29
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quilavaflare View Post
Prediction: Pokemon Z happens.
New gimmick for Pokemon Z happens.
"Play with your Pokemon in Pokemon Amie and watch as they become you!"
QUIT TRYING TO BEAT YO-KAI WATCH BY BECOMING DIGIMON, POKÉMON!
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 06:25 PM   #30
rotomotorz
Think ye can take me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Official Site
The strength of their bond changes Greninja's appearance, and it takes on the characteristic look of Ash's attire. This phenomenon is also said to have happened just once several hundred years ago in the Kalos region, but it remains shrouded in mystery.
AZ Floette anyone?
{======|_|""T""|_|""r""|_|""a""|_|""i""|_|""n""|
/o--000'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'
Squad Summary

rotomotorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 06:33 PM   #31
Talon87
時の彼方へ

AZ is several thousand years ago, not several hundred. It's more likely to be an anime-only hero like Sir Aaron. Though I suppose it could also be AZ like you say and the anime just fucks up the date by one order of magnitude.
Old 09-14-2015, 09:12 PM   #32
deoxys
Fog Badge

I really do not like the concept of Ash-Greninja and everything it implies. What's worse is I was thinking of the scenario the other day myself where this just becomes the next "thing" in Pokemon Amie where certain specific Pokemon can be "customized" to adapt some features of yourself once they reach maximum bonding.

I can't remember the last time I looked at something Pokemon did and thought thought was just straight up stupid, but here we are. That's of course assuming the direction they're taking and I think we all know it's a very realistic possibility given Game Freak/TPC's record of gimmicks.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 10:06 PM   #33
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
I think we all know it's a very realistic possibility given Game Freak/TPC's record of gimmicks.
"In the Pokémon series up until now, there has been a limit on how many times each Pokemon could evolve. However, Mega Evolution is a different kind of Evolution, one that surpasses that limit. Mega Evolution is described as an Evolution beyond all Evolution, a transformation found only in the Kalos region. It has also been called the greatest mystery of Pokémon."

I still remember when Mega Evolution was something we were allowed to hope would be XY-only and quickly jettisoned come Gen 7.

Sigh.
Old 09-14-2015, 10:24 PM   #34
Red Panda
head head bitch

I still think that this whole Gash bullshit is just going to segue into Greninja mega evolving without a stone or something bc something something anime is dumb something something

this is stupid etc
Red Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 04:24 AM   #35
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
AZ is several thousand years ago, not several hundred. It's more likely to be an anime-only hero like Sir Aaron. Though I suppose it could also be AZ like you say and the anime just fucks up the date by one order of magnitude.
Well, several hundreds is a thousand, so maybe they're just being a bit ambiguous about it. If they'd had said 'several thousand years ago', then it's basically a dead giveaway that they're on about AZ. This... makes people think harder, without excluding the possibility of it being AZ.

Last edited by Ironthunder; 09-18-2015 at 02:49 AM.
Ironthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 09:27 PM   #36
precita
Boulder Badge

Ash getting a Greninja was pretty obvious once he only got one starter this gen, and the series mimics the Hoenn seasons where the same thing happened with Sceptile. The new Greninja forme or whatever it is, is a twist.

I'm more curious why the writers are powering Ash up with an almost all fully evolved pokemon team making him look even better than he was at the end of DP...when they have to justify him losing the league yet again if the cycle of the show continues.

This is the first time in a series Ash has evolved every single one of his pokemon on his current team (not counting Pikachu, obviously). He came close in AG and DP but Corphish and Buizel didn't evolve. I just hope he doesn't come across another legendary user in the league again.
precita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 06:24 AM   #37
Mercutio
Banned

Two things: his sixth might be terrible, and they could just gice his Greninja the Torterra treatment. Fully evolve, immediately lose all value.
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 08:51 PM   #38
precita
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
Two things: his sixth might be terrible, and they could just gice his Greninja the Torterra treatment. Fully evolve, immediately lose all value.
Greninja is his only starter this gen and the pokemon itself is too popular for them to screw it over. Torterra played second fiddle to Infernape because its less popular.

Ash usually gets one fully evolved powerhouse every series like Charizard, Sceptile, Infernape and now Greninja. Granted Johto and Unova didn't have a fully evolved starter, but that's cause those two sagas handled Ash's teams the worst of them all and were poorly received.
Old 09-18-2015, 09:10 PM   #39
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
His sixth is likely to be a Grass-type, as he has Water, Fire and Flying (three times) covered. Since Clemont has Chespin and Jessie has Gourgeist, it's probably going to be either Phantump or Skiddo. Skiddo's been featured already, and so has Trevenent, but Phantump hasn't, so I'm going to lean toward that for his sixth.

I just hope it's not awful.

Fizzy Bubbles - Cable Club Post - Wild Future

Various awesome artstuffs by DaisyInari

DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 11:21 PM   #40
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
Theory: Zygarde is strongly implied in many ways to have something to do with DNA and cell structure, especially considering its name comes from Zygote and the French word for Guard (and possibly the Norse Midgarde).

If AshGreninja is a thing, perhaps some event will occur that mixes Ash's DNA with Greninjas via Zygarde magic shenanigans or something. That's literally the only thing I can think of that would explain why Greninja has, uh... Ash's features. Unless they go full Digimon Frontier (never go full Digimon Frontier) and have Ash and Greninja straight up fuse together. Yeesh. That... Yeesh.
Pokemon Z: We finally get to dress up in pokemon costumes and fight each other with our fists, just like we've always wanted to do.
Old 09-23-2015, 12:21 PM   #41
precita
Boulder Badge

I just remembered on the BW2 anime poster from 2012 they put Dawn and Piplup on it, obviously advertising her upcoming cameo. The XY anime is going to be over 90 episodes in soon, and there's no Iris promo on this poster so she's likely not going to appear for a while yet.

Even though Iris was probably the least popular female lead since Johto-era Misty, it would still be odd to see the writers break tradition and not bring her back for the kids who grew up watching BW as their first saga.

All the other girls had their cameo returns by this point in the previous series, so its weird XY will be into 100 episodes soon without any past girl cameo.
Old 10-18-2015, 09:07 AM   #42
Talon87
時の彼方へ

This feels like something Morg would post.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > UPN News