UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 08-25-2016, 04:37 PM   #401
Mercutio
Banned

So multiple mainstream news sources in the UK have this week published the inevitable "fewer people are playing Pokémon GO!?" articles. Common reasons cited being that the game is laggy, the app itself is pretty crap and the gameplay is only really good if you're prepared to walking constantly around a large city and catch 1000 Drowzee. Poor variety, Gym are kind of meaningless, level curve is idiotic. Etc.

Pokémon GO: dead or alive?
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 07:10 AM   #402
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

I stopped playing regularly but plenty of my co-workers still do and I plan on returning once I moved to a better place with more access to Pokestops

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 07:30 AM   #403
Celebii151
ADCs in 2017 LUL

Send a message via Skype™ to Celebii151
The novelty is wearing off I believe. I stopped playing a while back but that's mostly because of my lack of cellular data. I do know that is has become less popular amongst my age group over here, though.

PASBL Record
Trainer Level: 5
Referee Grade: B
Wins (DQ): 51 (5) Losses (DQ): 27 (6) Draws: 3
KOs: 135 TP: 294 SP (Earned): 0 (0)

Anime Style Battling | Fizzy Bubbles | Wild Future
Thanks to Pengyzu for the UserBar!
Celebii151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 03:48 PM   #404
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

All I know is, my brother remains interested in this, and until this came out, he had just completely stopped doing anything Pokémon-related. I'm sure now that the initial hype has worn off, of course some players are gonna drop this, but overall, no, I don't think this is dead yet.

Anyway, today's walk was an interesting one. The local Gym is owned by Valor, but is too packed with powerful stuff for me to help level it up. I did, however, stumble upon another Team Valor Gym, this one much more recently acquired, allowing me to just leave Vaporeon there and collect my defender bonus. And before that? I caught two Magikarp... and a Slowbro. A weak as hell Slowbro, but a Slowbro nevertheless- I needed one for the Pokédex. Oh, and I hatched a 2km Egg... it gave me a Rattata. -__- Well, I didn't say the day was perfect. Getting very close to level 22- I only need a couple thousand XP.
Old 08-26-2016, 04:02 PM   #405
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
I found a wild Gyarados earlier, and hit level 15. I still have a bunch of crap to evolve, but not sure how much stuff I need to fully abuse a Lucky Egg.
Old 08-26-2016, 04:17 PM   #406
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Oh, yeah, forgot to mention- the Magikarp I caught earlier brought my Magikarp Candy count into triple digits. I'm a quarter of the way there! Slowly but surely, just like training a Magikarp in the games.
Old 08-26-2016, 04:21 PM   #407
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

I remember a run I did where I had to use a Magikarp without Exp Shares or switching it out unless it was on critically low health from when it learnt Tackle until it evolved. It was hell.
Old 08-27-2016, 07:37 PM   #408
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
So multiple mainstream news sources in the UK have this week published the inevitable "fewer people are playing Pokémon GO!?" articles. Common reasons cited being that the game is laggy, the app itself is pretty crap and the gameplay is only really good if you're prepared to walking constantly around a large city and catch 1000 Drowzee. Poor variety, Gym are kind of meaningless, level curve is idiotic. Etc.

It's been consistently fun so far to walk around town and see pokemon everywhere, and I still get excited when I see something rare or cool. No problems here with gameplay. Could stand to have less early route trash when you level up more, but I hear they're good for levelling so I suppose I can't complain with how they handled that.
Old 08-27-2016, 07:42 PM   #409
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Today wasn't especially eventful at first. I did hatch a Magnemite, which I'd been after. A lot of stuff ran away, including a Voltorb, a Bellsprout, and a freaking Pidgey. Oh, and I FINALLY hit level 22! Just... a hundred thousand experience points to the next level.
Old 08-28-2016, 12:59 AM   #410
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Lucky egg evolved my way straight from 1/4 through level 22 all the way to level 23. Not bad at all.

Old Squad Summary

UPN Mafia Global Rules & Guidelines

UPN Mafia Queue & Statistics Archive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoS View Post
I was wondering what the high-pitched ringing in my ears was all day, but it's probably kots screaming into a pillow.
kingothestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 02:20 PM   #411
Escalion
Getting married! :D

Send a message via Skype™ to Escalion
Today I hit level 20. Saving up a whole bunch of Pokémon already to use a Lucky Egg sometime soon, cause otherwise it's going to take forever to get to level 21 and further...

Also for the first time since the start I ran out of Pokéballs yesterday. Did get some new ones now, and luckily I had an Egg ready to hatch to push me over the limit to level up.
But gotta make sure I stock up good next time I go to the city, or hope my fiancée lives on top of a Stop, but I doubt that XD

Looking forward to that too though, catching some Pokémon in the Philippines.

Quote:
I think it's far from being dead. Of course people are leaving the game after the initial hype wears off, but that goes for every game/app ever. It's not the finished product yet either, and I'm sure more people will leave before it's really finished. But it's far from being dead, very far even. And with every big new update (new generations, or mechanics like trade being released) I'm also sure activity will spike again.
Old 08-28-2016, 02:52 PM   #412
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Quote:
Pokemon GO, like Fate/GO, will likely be here to stay. F/GO was _infamous_ during its beginning period for seriously poor content, hilariously shitty servers that would cause the game to go down for multiple days at a time, and it was really difficult to get anywhere in the game without using money.

F/GO is going strong, much stronger than before, by improving on itself. Pokemon GO will do the same.
Old 08-28-2016, 03:23 PM   #413
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

...I need ONE MORE TENTACOOL CANDY. JUST. ONE. MORE!

So yeah, had things to do today, didn't have much time for my usual walk. Caught a Tentacool, which, after transferring, left me with 49 Tentacool Candy. And my only other Tentacool is the one I'm looking to evolve. Caught a couple of Magikarp. Got given an unreasonably hard time by a Pidgey, a Caterpie, a Rattata, and a Geodude, resulting in my current complete lack of Poké Balls.
Old 08-29-2016, 12:19 AM   #414
The Morg
Trying to send Christmas cards

Quote:

Oh there was never any question about the app being crap. It was originally awful and now it's become mostly awful. That's not why you get it, of course. You get Pokemon Go in order to meet other people who like Pokemon. It's incredible how easy it is to find or create impromptu gatherings of Pokemon fans at almost any time. The game surrounds you with people that want to play and talk about Pokemon, and it's easy to start conversations with these people, too, because it's Pokemon. It's an experience I never thought possible.

The app is rubbish though

*munch munch* | FB Profile
The Morg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 03:47 PM   #415
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Finally hatched my 5km Egg today, and it was... a... Goldeen. Well, then I incubated and hatched a 2km Egg, which got me... a... Weedle. Well, at least I caught a couple more Magikarp. I'm at, like, 126 Magikarp Candy at the moment. I'm getting there. Hoping for better luck with this next Egg I got going. 5km. Hoping for a Koffing or Bellsprout, or else something I don't already have, like maybe Vulpix.
Old 08-30-2016, 11:02 PM   #416
Heather
Naga's Voice

Forgot to mention that I snagged a Koffing a few days ago, thanks to a lure at my dorm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 08:40 PM   #417
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Today was OK. Actually found and caught a wild Ponyta, which I believe was the very first Fire-type I got that didn't involve hatching an Egg or evolving an Eevee. Hatched two Eggs- a 5km Egg hatched into a Mankey. Already had one, and with better IVs, but I welcomed the additional Mankey Candy. Similarly, the 2km one hatched into a Magikarp- no complaints there, not when I'm trying to save up for a Gyarados. Up to 140 Magikarp Candy thus far. Saw a decently powerful Slowpoke, cp of 600-something, but it fled on me. -__- And just now I caught a Bellsprout, and after transferring it, got to 25 Bellsprout Candy- a quarter of the way to a Victreebel!
Old 09-04-2016, 04:07 PM   #418
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

OK, hatched a Psyduck last night and a Zubat today. Got my Vaporeon stationed in the local Gym, and my Flareon in another Gym that I had to take back from Team Mystic four or five times today, because every time I took it, this Team Mystic guy would take it right back. Last I saw, though, that Gym's now fortified with the Pokémon of several Team Valor members, including my own Flareon. So yeah, collected a decent defender bonus today. I can afford 20 Poké Balls now, but I'm thinking I ought to save up for an incubator instead. Caught several more Magikarp, an Oddish, numerous Pidgey and Weedle... nothing out of the ordinary. Would kinda like the opportunity to add something new to the Pokédex, honestly.
Old 09-05-2016, 10:33 AM   #419
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Haven't gone for my usual walk just yet, but given that I was still able to collect the same double defender bonus that I got yesterday... I think this day's getting off to a good start. If I can collect it again tomorrow, I can afford an incubator! Oh, and caught another Gastly- I'm really getting close to evolving my Haunter.
Old 09-05-2016, 12:42 PM   #420
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Well, today's walk was fairly uneventful, save for the minor detail of me finding and catching a Rhydon! That was insane. Burned through every single Ultra Ball I had, I wound up catching it in a Great Ball. Decent CP level, and its IVs aren't too shabby, either!
Old 09-05-2016, 01:04 PM   #421
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

I hatched a bloody good Jynx earlier. Appraisal hinted at perfect HP and Atk IVs, and it's a damn good CP compared to the rest of my stuff too- 631.
Old 09-05-2016, 03:13 PM   #422
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Forgot to mention- I checked on both Gyms I have Pokémon stationed at. They're both now highly fortified level 10 Gyms. My Pokémon are pretty well-defended. I don't think it'll last forever, but I'm still liking my chances of getting enough of a defender bonus tomorrow morning to afford an incubator. Which is great- I can finally get going on my 10km Eggs while still hatching 5km and 2km Eggs.
Old 09-06-2016, 07:07 PM   #423
The Morg
Trying to send Christmas cards

I'm thinking that the item storage upgrade might be more worthwhile than buying Pokeballs. You just have to time it so that you will be camping or running through a bunch of pokestops to fill it up. An added bonus is that you can also get some Great/Ultra Balls mixed in, which you can't buy. The best part is that it's permanent, unlike the Pokeball purchase which you can easily burn through the same day you buy it.

I'm getting there, but slowly. The Gyms here are super competitive, especially now that a lot of people have hit level 30+. My only chance to get in a Gym is when someone leaves me an empty slot. =3=

*munch munch* | FB Profile
The Morg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 07:10 PM   #424
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Today was a good day. First off, woke up to a nice defender bonus, which got me up to 150 PokéCoins, precisely enough to get an incubator. Now those 10km Eggs I got sitting around won't just collect dust while I hatch the quicker ones. Hatched a 2km Egg today, though... it was just a Weedle, unfortunately. Getting infuriatingly close to Gengar and Vileplume, and gradually closer to Victreebel as well- in fact, I need only catch a few more Gastly and I'll be able to evolve my Haunter!
Old 09-08-2016, 10:50 AM   #425
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Yesterday was... an experience. In an uncharacteristic moment of utter stupidity on my part, I didn't think to check my phone's remaining battery power before leaving for my walk, at which point I realized I was down to 29%. So that turned my walk into a race against the clock, to see if I could hit up all my usual PokéStops and return home without the phone dying. Made it with 6% battery life to spare.

Today was much better- made damn sure my phone was fully charged beforehand. Also hatched three Eggs- the first was a 2km Egg, got a Magikarp from that. No complaints whatsoever- when it comes to Magikarp Candy, every little bit helps. Second one was a 10km Egg, got my very first Lapras from that. And probably the best one I could ask for, too- it's not completely perfect, but it's literally as close it can be without actually being perfect- 15 IVs in Defense and HP, 14 in Attack. And the third Egg, another 2km... Spearow. Huge letdown after the first two, but still can't complain. Also finally scrounged up enough Caterpie Candy to evolve my Metapod into Butterfree. My Pokédex is at 90 seen and caught.

Oh, yeah- this morning, finally caught that last Shellder I needed, I was finally able to evolve me a Cloyster.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON