UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2020, 08:17 PM   #401
Emp
Volcano Badge

Yanmega Arboreal Cradle - 2o

Unknown Location

TheKnightsFury: While the veteran huntress put her lockpicking skills to work, you take the opportunity to probe the young hunstman for intel on the dangers in store. The source of the threat’s power wasn’t entirely clear, a sentiment which Ammorith seemed to share on second thought: “Y’know, I’m too sure – but when they spend so long in your mind it’s almost like you get a taste of theirs’. It feels like the magic of the Rapidash and rider are intertwined. I’ve seen that ugly mare do things no Rapidash is naturally capable of – and his other fairy type is just as powerful.”

“Followers?” He continues, as you try to ascertain the league of the threat, “He doesn’t have any – other than his Rapidash and his muscle, a gnarly beast covered in dark purple hair. But make no mistake, while under his will we’ll do things that no loyal servant would. I’ve seen hunters run straight to their death to try catch a Zygarde cell… Whatever he is compiling with them must be worth more than our lives – or to him, our lives are just worthless.” It was unnerving to consider one man could achieve so much singlehandedly but having little want to add the will of others to his contingencies said much about his character, and vulnerabilities to the same effect.

Ammorith mulls on your outstanding question for a moment: “I’ll bet our Pokemon are in his cabin in the front carriage of the road train, that’s where he goes to sleep when we’re not on the move - other times he’s out at the reins. I don’t think any Hunter has ever seen the inside his quarters, it seems only logical he would keep anything that he wouldn’t want us getting our hands on in there.”

“Bingo!” with a click the shackles fell apart, Lilev struggling to her feet. She quickly does the rounds on the rest of your cuffs, the weight of the world feeling lighter as you come to a wobbly stand. The shackles were just one small hurdle in the path to escape, one wrong move and you could be right back where you started – or worse.

Lilev seemed to have an idea though, “I can’t imagine we’ll have much time before they’re on us – Ammorith and I will round up as many Hunters as we can while you try and sneak to the front of the train and collect our Pokeballs.” The Hunters were better placed rounding up their kin and you your Pokemon, not to mention Lilev was the only capable lockpick – and yet you can’t shake the feeling you’d been given the riskier assignment. “But Xander, you hear as much as a pin drop in that cabin I want you to head straight back the way you came, got it? You’ll be no good to your Pokemon dead.”

“Oh, and before you go kid, take this. I’m surprised it wasn’t confiscated – but then, why would it be?” The starlike trinket glistened gold, reminiscent of a sheriff’s badge sans for a coloured bevel which adorned a point of each star, illustrative of the five biomes of the Cradle. “For what it’s worth, you’re one of us now kid – you always were.” You pocket the Hunter’s Badge, the fleeting initiation filling your weak bones with enough courage to carry you through the dangers alone. The huntress departs with an encouraging pat while the huntsman shakes your hand with a firm determination, the three of you breaking apart for what you hoped wasn’t the last time.

The night’s cold nips at you as you push through to the next carriage up, chock full of hunting supplies and food stores but nothing like to house your Pokemon. The next cart offers much of the same, although you must have been nearing your destination as the next door up looked out of place amidst the bleak surrounds; sturdier than the ones that came before, you notice its bolts and handles decorated with a rose gold finish and on closer inspection, an antique seven-digit combination lock. Damn it! There was no way you could pick your way through it, even with Lilev’s help. You would need to crack the code of letters and numbers if you ever hoped to gain passage to your Pokemon. You eyes dart around for clues in desperation, noticing an inscription etched on the ceiling which simply read:

You force heaven to be empty

Last edited by Emp; 07-28-2020 at 08:22 PM.
Old 07-29-2020, 04:15 AM   #402
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Emp- With Ty, Tyranitar, Mojumbo, Surgei and yourself, it takes no time at all to unload the wagon. You pile up the crates of supplies next to those already scattered around the mine's entrance. With that task sorted, it was time to head in and hopefully meet your future employers! You follow Ty into the carefully excavated tunnel. Wooden supports have been placed to try and prevent an unexpected cave it, while oil lamps have been placed at regular intervals, illuminating your surroundings once the sunlight is no longer able to. The tunnel is only shallow, only a good thirty metres deep before it opens up into a small chamber.

A handful of people stood motionless around the chamber. You pause, waiting for a moment for someone to move, but they remain a still as statues. "What the bloody hell is going on here", Ty breaks the tense silence. What indeed was going on here. You head to the nearest body, a young woman draped in a lab coat, thick glasses resting on her nose. A look of absolute terror is frozen on her face. In her hand is a notebook, which Ty pries from her hands. While he begins to flip through, you make some more observations. Most of the people were facing in one direction, towards a structure on the far side of the chamber. Some were mid turn, like they were turning to flee. You walk towards the structure, which seemed to be some sort of large stone seal, now blasted apart.

"We uncovered the seal several days ago, but only now have we managed to decode the inscription." Ty reads, walking towards you. "Our native translators had warned us as soon as it was uncovered. Despite their pleas, the boss has insisted that we break it. One of the translators told me the legend of the seal, a story ingrained in the tribe's history." Ty pauses, pulling a small pair of reading glasses out of his pocket. "Sorry kid, this thing is pretty lengthy. Can't believe the bloody idiots didn't listen to the natives, that's rule number one for Guardian's sake. Ty puts on his glasses and continues to read the tale recorded by the young scientist.

"Centuries ago a shaman rose to power. Not much is known of his origins, only rumours that he was born by the Cradle itself. The shaman's power was so great that his village's elders sort to execute him, fearing what he could accomplish. They were right to be fearful. They failed to pull off the execution, the shaman was rescued by a band of his followers. This act begun a brutal rebellion. Word spread quickly through the Cradle. Many tribes acted rashly, killing anyone versed in magic out of fear they'd join the shaman. This only fuelled the rebellion. Driven into desperate measures, the shaman turned to dark magic. He begun draining Pokemon of their energy, boosting his power to a remarkable level but twisting himself in the process. Soon even those close to him begun to fear his power, as did the Guardians of the Cradle. The Guardians were forced into hiding, fearing the shaman would seek their power as well. Instead the shaman turned to the Mausoleum. The remains of the demons spoke to him, driving him, fuelling his hatred and cementing his decent into darkness. The combined might of all of the Cradle's tribes wasn't enough to bring the shaman to heel. When all seemed lost, the Guardian's bestowed two young warriors with the power to seal the shaman away, entombing him within the Mausoleum." Ty lets out a satisfied groan, finally getting through the narrative. "Well, that was quite a story, but it doesn't exactly explain what happened here does it?" Something strange had certainly happened here, but could it really have anything to do with that legend? Were these people dead, or just frozen? There were so many questions to answer here......

Old 07-30-2020, 04:12 PM   #403
King Ghidorah
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
King Ghidorah- You were out gunned. Kyurem was handling Salazzle without issue ad you had a feeling the Guardian had barely revealed any of its power yet. After tossing Salazzle a Cheri Berry to relieve her of her paralysis, you grab two more balls from your belt and toss them out to aid the newly evolved lizard. Scizor and Bisharp stand strong, both had already been through quite a bit during the climb, but you'd taken care of them and they were at full strength and ready to fight. Kyurem lets out a low growl, almost like it found it amusing that you'd decided to throw more Pokemon at it. Scizor stands at the ready as Salazzle prepares to douse the Dragon in toxins once more, he'd smash through the rock and clear a path for the poison. Salazzle lets fly with a Toxic deluge, Scizor holds his ground.

A tremendous burst of cold surges from Kyurem. Glaciate. It seemed impossible, but the cavern got even colder as the wave of freezing air washed through, freezing the toxic into icicles which shatter harmlessly against the ground. Scizor and Bisharp are all but frozen in place, barely managing to move, while the Heat Balm seems to have somewhat shielded Salazzle from the chilling effect. Unfortunately, Kyurem has other plans for her. As Salazzle looses another Dazzling Gleam, Kyurem stamps its foot into the ground. Although its hurt by the attack, it fails in comparison to the Power that erupts from the Earth beneath Salazzle. The lizard crashes into the ceiling before plummet back down to the cavern floor where she remains, unconscious.

Salazzle gained 2 levels!

Enraged, Scizor bursts forwards, quickly closing the gap between Kyurem and itself with a Bullet Punch. Even the powerful claws of the Scizor fail to chip the ice from Kyurem's body. Bisharp rushes in as well, blades scraping against each other as he throws Kyurem off with a Metal Sound. The pair of Steel types then combine to smash the Guardian with Iron Heads. Bisharp hits hard, almost Defiantly after the the slowing effect of the Glaciate. Continuing their assault, the pair land two powerful Fighting attacks on the Guardian's wings, the blows cracking through the ice..............

Time for you to taste my true strength

Kyurem booms, the spikes on the tips of its wing shoot out, stretching long tubes down to its tail. Energy floods through the tubes, fuelling Kyurem as its form drastically changes. Its tail now burns bright red, half its body seems to have been fused with something else.

Spoiler: show

Kyurem rises up into the air, gathering energy before letting out a bright flare. The flames was over Scizor and Bisharp, dealing a startling amount of damage, although the momentarily relief from the Bittercold is bitter sweet, if Kyurem didn't put an end to them soon, the cold surely would.
White Kyurem. Hugo should have known. His Steel-types wouldn’t stand a chance against Fusion Flare. The fact that they survived the blast at all was nothing short of a miracle. And yet…here they stood. Hugo knew they would succumb to the bittercold soon enough anyway, so he needed to maximize his attacks here.

Salazzle lay at his feet, unconscious. Despite being taken out by Earth Power, he knew in his heart she was meant to play a bigger role here. But how? He thought back on his journey to get here, he thought back to Heidi.

Heidi! She had not only given him the heat balm, but a few other things as well. Hugo quickly rummaged through his backpack, pulling out the Revival Herb. The herb’s bitterness was pungent, filling even the cold, frostbitten air of Kyurem’s lair. He pried open Salazzle’s jaws, careful to avoid any knife-like fangs or deadly poison, and placed the herb on her reptilian tongue. Like a shot of adrenaline, the Poison-types eyes shot open and she gasped for air, jumping to her feet, seemingly revived. She stuck out her tongue in disgust, but hey, she was awake, right? A little gratitude would be nice.

Seemingly remembering where she was, she shot her head toward Kyurem – who of course seemed different now – and bared her toxic fangs in retaliation. Bisharp and Scizor stood nearby, much more worse for wear, but still standing – for now. The three slowly backed toward Hugo, creating a barrier around him so he could provide direction.

“Bisharp, Scizor – you are doing everything I can ask and more. I appreciate your effort more than I can express. But we know this is it. I need you to go down swinging. Can you do that for me?”

The Steel soldiers nodded curtly. Hugo knew Bisharp would be insulted that he was even asking these questions of him.

“I thought so. Bisharp, take the left. Scizor, the right. Salazzle, you stay in the middle. Another Fusion Flare won’t hit all three of you. Salazzle will be able to handle it better by being in the middle. Salazzle, I want you to start with Helping Hand, then use Dragon Pulse. Give them a boost. Scizor, go in for another Bullet Punch, follow it up with Steel Wing and Superpower! Bisharp, catch it off guard with Sucker Punch! Then nail it with Metal Burst and another Revenge!

Here is what is most important. Kyurem is likely to go after Salazzle again with another Earth Power. If it does, I need one of you to sacrifice yourselves to it. Push Salazzle out of the way and take the hit in her stead. Can you do it?!”[/b]

The fire shined in their weary eyes. They would do it if they had to.

“Salazzle, if that happens, follow up with Disable! Let’s go!”
Old 07-31-2020, 04:46 AM   #404
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emp View Post
Unknown Location

TheKnightsFury: While the veteran huntress put her lockpicking skills to work, you take the opportunity to probe the young hunstman for intel on the dangers in store. The source of the threat’s power wasn’t entirely clear, a sentiment which Ammorith seemed to share on second thought: “Y’know, I’m too sure – but when they spend so long in your mind it’s almost like you get a taste of theirs’. It feels like the magic of the Rapidash and rider are intertwined. I’ve seen that ugly mare do things no Rapidash is naturally capable of – and his other fairy type is just as powerful.”

“Followers?” He continues, as you try to ascertain the league of the threat, “He doesn’t have any – other than his Rapidash and his muscle, a gnarly beast covered in dark purple hair. But make no mistake, while under his will we’ll do things that no loyal servant would. I’ve seen hunters run straight to their death to try catch a Zygarde cell… Whatever he is compiling with them must be worth more than our lives – or to him, our lives are just worthless.” It was unnerving to consider one man could achieve so much singlehandedly but having little want to add the will of others to his contingencies said much about his character, and vulnerabilities to the same effect.

Ammorith mulls on your outstanding question for a moment: “I’ll bet our Pokemon are in his cabin in the front carriage of the road train, that’s where he goes to sleep when we’re not on the move - other times he’s out at the reins. I don’t think any Hunter has ever seen the inside his quarters, it seems only logical he would keep anything that he wouldn’t want us getting our hands on in there.”

“Bingo!” with a click the shackles fell apart, Lilev struggling to her feet. She quickly does the rounds on the rest of your cuffs, the weight of the world feeling lighter as you come to a wobbly stand. The shackles were just one small hurdle in the path to escape, one wrong move and you could be right back where you started – or worse.

Lilev seemed to have an idea though, “I can’t imagine we’ll have much time before they’re on us – Ammorith and I will round up as many Hunters as we can while you try and sneak to the front of the train and collect our Pokeballs.” The Hunters were better placed rounding up their kin and you your Pokemon, not to mention Lilev was the only capable lockpick – and yet you can’t shake the feeling you’d been given the riskier assignment. “But Xander, you hear as much as a pin drop in that cabin I want you to head straight back the way you came, got it? You’ll be no good to your Pokemon dead.”

“Oh, and before you go kid, take this. I’m surprised it wasn’t confiscated – but then, why would it be?” The starlike trinket glistened gold, reminiscent of a sheriff’s badge sans for a coloured bevel which adorned a point of each star, illustrative of the five biomes of the Cradle. “For what it’s worth, you’re one of us now kid – you always were.” You pocket the Hunter’s Badge, the fleeting initiation filling your weak bones with enough courage to carry you through the dangers alone. The huntress departs with an encouraging pat while the huntsman shakes your hand with a firm determination, the three of you breaking apart for what you hoped wasn’t the last time.

The night’s cold nips at you as you push through to the next carriage up, chock full of hunting supplies and food stores but nothing like to house your Pokemon. The next cart offers much of the same, although you must have been nearing your destination as the next door up looked out of place amidst the bleak surrounds; sturdier than the ones that came before, you notice its bolts and handles decorated with a rose gold finish and on closer inspection, an antique seven-digit combination lock. Damn it! There was no way you could pick your way through it, even with Lilev’s help. You would need to crack the code of letters and numbers if you ever hoped to gain passage to your Pokemon. You eyes dart around for clues in desperation, noticing an inscription etched on the ceiling which simply read:

As Lilev worked her magic, Ammorith continued to spout whatever details he could about their situation. Xander took in as much as he could, at the moment a lot of it seemed like useless information, but it was helping to fill in the gaps and could prove useful later on. They were interrupted when Lilev let out a successful cheer, thankfully she muffled the celebration and quickly got to work on realising them as well. Free from their restraints, they now had to regain their strength. The plan was simple, Lilev and Ammorith would head back and try and free the other hunters, if they were going to mount an assault, they'd need troupes. Xander would head towards the front of the road train and attempt to recover their Pokemon, no easy feat. They'd likely be under watch or at least lock and key. It was a dangerous mission, he'd be alone and defenceless, one misstep could prove to be his last. Before he set off, Lilev presented him with a Hunter's Badge, officially accepting him into their ranks. It meant a lot, it really did, but Xander couldn't afford to be emotional now.

He worked his way out of the carriage and onto the next. The next carriage was just full of supplies, no sign of Pokeballs but Xander did nick a bit of food which he quickly shovelled into his mouth before moving on. The next carriage was filled with similar supplies but the door to the next carriage was remarkably different. It's bolts and handles were finished with rose gold and if that didn't mark the door as important, the ornate lock certainly did. The old lock required a 7 digit combination, it would take forever to guess and there was no picking a lock like this. Desperate to continue, Xander looked around for any signs of an alternate route. Luck must of been on his side, his eyes drifted upwards to the ceiling where he spotted an inscription.

Surely it was put there on purpose. Perhaps whoever set the lock needed something to remind them of the combination? Xander tinkered with the lock, it seemed to involve both letters and numbers. But how could that inscription relate to the lock? It couldn't be the number of letters in each word, that was only 6 digits. Xander found himself repeating the words over and over, saying them softly, so he could hear them.

Force Heaven

Force Heaven

Four Seven?

Surely not?! Xander loved a good pun, a play on words, was that all this inscription really was? A play on words? Force heaven was surely 4 and 7, and once he had that, he was easily able to decipher the rest. Fiddling with the lock, he put in the combination.

U472BMT

Old 08-02-2020, 09:20 PM   #405
Emp
Volcano Badge

Yanmega Arboreal Cradle - 21

Unknown Location

TheKnightsFury: Your companions and your ticket out of this nightmare were on the other side of the locked door – you could feel it in your bones. But with no means to pick your way through you were forced to crack its combination instead; time was ebbing away fast so you send your foggy brain to work on deciphering the inscription etched on the carriage ceiling. Whispering the words aloud tipped you off to a hidden meaning in the phonetics – it seemed almost contrived, but you twist in the combination all the same feeling it click and unbolt with the final letter. There was nothing keeping you out of the sorcerer’s quarters now, a thought filling you with triumph and trepidation in equal measure. It takes all your courage to pry the door open and press through...

The carriage was to your relief vacant, allowing you catch your breath as you pore over its fixtures in stealth. Despite his warriorlike appearance the quarters indicated comfort and status, featuring decorative woodwork and adorned with tapestries evocative of bygone eras of human history. One wall hanging depicting a great stag Pokemon steals away your attention, jewels encrusted into its antlers shimmering a kaleidoscope of colours. The legendary appeared to be imbuing life on landscape, a path of green and floral patterns stitched twisting from its footsteps. It was a beauty to admire, but not what you came for. You rummage around various chests and drawers strewn about the room, coming across all sorts of maps and war trinkets but still no sign of your Pokeballs. There were treasures you would loot in a heartbeat under other circumstances: Skulls of Forgotten Souls, a Bubbling Cauldron, even a pair of Silver Umbra.

In the space of a few minutes you had turned the whole room upside down with nary a sign of your teammates, hope giving way to despair. The festering negativity seems to stir another presence in the room, one that had been perhaps watching you this whole time. Dark tendrils begin to seep from the shadows as an ominous laughter breaks the silence; you’re given no chance of escape as the tentacles coil around your limbs binding you in place. Following the source of the laughter you fix eyes on a gnarly looking its constricts revealed to be locks of hair working like muscle fibers. For as ugly as the Rapidash was in its old age, this Pokemon looked like it was born ugly. Its toothy grin widened as it looked about ready to squeeze the life out of you...

“Release him, Grimmsnarl,” an icy wind washes over your exposed face as the door at the fore of the cabin swings open, the warrior entering calm and composed amidst his raided quarters. He approached in drawn out steps, eyeing up the mess you’d made with curiosity, “You are looking for your companions? I can assure you they are quite safe. They have proved most valuable to our cause – as have you, my brother.”

His composure was unnerving, he seemed to have complete control over the situation – you almost wonder if he had foreseen the encounter all along. The Grimmsnarl had slacked its grip now enough for you move freely, although he was in close enough range to counter about any unexpected movement. The sorcerer gestures to a set of chairs surrounding a small war table depicting the Cradle, from what you could tell, “Please, take a seat. If you want answers I shall offer them to you.” While cooperation sounded optional enough, Grimmsnarl’s snare implied it was anything but. What will you do?

Last edited by Emp; 08-03-2020 at 04:23 AM.
Old 08-03-2020, 04:41 AM   #406
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Unknown Location

TheKnightsFury: Your companions and your ticket out of this nightmare were on the other side of the locked door – you could feel it in your bones. But with no means to pick your way through you were forced to crack its combination instead; time was ebbing away fast so you send your foggy brain to work on deciphering the inscription etched on the carriage ceiling. Whispering the words aloud tipped you off to a hidden meaning in the phonetics – it seemed almost contrived, but you twist in the combination all the same feeling it click and unbolt with the final letter. There was nothing keeping you out of the sorcerer’s quarters now, a thought filling you with triumph and trepidation in equal measure. It takes all your courage to pry the door open and press through...

The carriage was to your relief vacant, allowing you catch your breath as you pore over its fixtures in stealth. Despite his warriorlike appearance the quarters indicated comfort and status, featuring decorative woodwork and adorned with tapestries evocative of bygone eras of human history. One wall hanging depicting a great stag Pokemon steals away your attention, jewels encrusted into its antlers shimmering a kaleidoscope of colours. The legendary appeared to be imbuing life on landscape, a path of green and floral patterns stitched twisting from its footsteps. It was a beauty to admire, but not what you came for. You rummage around various chests and drawers strewn about the room, coming across all sorts of maps and war trinkets but still no sign of your Pokeballs. There were treasures you would loot in a heartbeat under other circumstances: Skulls of Forgotten Souls, a Bubbling Cauldron, even a pair of Silver Umbra.

In the space of a few minutes you had turned the whole room upside down with nary a sign of your teammates, hope giving way to despair. The festering negativity seems to stir another presence in the room, one that had been perhaps watching you this whole time. Dark tendrils begin to seep from the shadows as an ominous laughter breaks the silence; you’re given no chance of escape as the tentacles coil around your limbs binding you in place. Following the source of the laughter you fix eyes on a gnarly looking its constricts revealed to be locks of hair working like muscle fibers. For as ugly as the Rapidash was in its old age, this Pokemon looked like it was born ugly. Its toothy grin widened as it looked about ready to squeeze the life out of you...

“Release him, Grimmsnarl,” an icy wind washes over your exposed face as the door at the fore of the cabin swings open, the warrior entering calm and composed amidst his raided quarters. He approached in drawn out steps, eyeing up the mess you’d made with curiosity, “You are looking for your companions? I can assure you they are quite safe. They have proved most valuable to our cause – as have you, my brother.”

His composure was unnerving, he seemed to have complete control over the situation – you almost wonder if he had foreseen the encounter all along. The Grimmsnarl had slacked its grip now enough for you move freely, although he was in close enough range to counter about any unexpected movement. The sorcerer gestures to a set of chairs surrounding a small war table depicting the Cradle, from what you could tell, “Please, take a seat. If you want answers I shall offer them to you.” While the invitation sounded optional, Grimmsnarl’s snare implied it was anything but. What will you do?
The combination had worked! The door swung open, revealing the sorcerer's quarters. They were much more decadent than Xander had expected, he'd expected it too be a bit darker and mysterious? Well there was still plenty of mystery here, the sorcerer had developed quite the collection of items, yet Xander was unable to locate his Pokemon. Where could he be hiding them? He barely got a chance to search, as a Grimmsnarl revealed itself, binding Xander with its powerful hairs. "Ahh fuck", Xander spat, knowing exactly how much trouble he was in. It was hard not to admire the Grimmsnarl though, sure it wasn't the prettiest looking Pokemon, but it was pretty bad ass. The sorcerer soon revealed himself as well, ordering his hench mon to release its hold on Xander. There was an eerie air of complete mystery around the man, Xander couldn't help but fear him. It wasn't all fear though, he was filled with curiosity and the man seemed like he was willing to divulge information. Xander accepted the offer of a chair, eager to get his full.

"I guess I might as well jump straight to the nitty gritty", Xander spoke, trying not to stumble on each word, despite his nervousness. "Who are you? What are you planning and why are you doing it? There's no doubting you have immense power, but why cause so much torment? Something must be driving you. You don't seem the type to be be seeking fame or fortune. I guess what I'm saying is, tell me, tell me everything." Xander wasn't sure how forth coming the sorcerer would be, but if he could keep him talking, it would at least buy more time for Lilev and Ammorith.

Old 08-03-2020, 11:17 PM   #407
Emp
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Emp- With Ty, Tyranitar, Mojumbo, Surgei and yourself, it takes no time at all to unload the wagon. You pile up the crates of supplies next to those already scattered around the mine's entrance. With that task sorted, it was time to head in and hopefully meet your future employers! You follow Ty into the carefully excavated tunnel. Wooden supports have been placed to try and prevent an unexpected cave it, while oil lamps have been placed at regular intervals, illuminating your surroundings once the sunlight is no longer able to. The tunnel is only shallow, only a good thirty metres deep before it opens up into a small chamber.

A handful of people stood motionless around the chamber. You pause, waiting for a moment for someone to move, but they remain a still as statues. "What the bloody hell is going on here", Ty breaks the tense silence. What indeed was going on here. You head to the nearest body, a young woman draped in a lab coat, thick glasses resting on her nose. A look of absolute terror is frozen on her face. In her hand is a notebook, which Ty pries from her hands. While he begins to flip through, you make some more observations. Most of the people were facing in one direction, towards a structure on the far side of the chamber. Some were mid turn, like they were turning to flee. You walk towards the structure, which seemed to be some sort of large stone seal, now blasted apart.

"We uncovered the seal several days ago, but only now have we managed to decode the inscription." Ty reads, walking towards you. "Our native translators had warned us as soon as it was uncovered. Despite their pleas, the boss has insisted that we break it. One of the translators told me the legend of the seal, a story ingrained in the tribe's history." Ty pauses, pulling a small pair of reading glasses out of his pocket. "Sorry kid, this thing is pretty lengthy. Can't believe the bloody idiots didn't listen to the natives, that's rule number one for Guardian's sake. Ty puts on his glasses and continues to read the tale recorded by the young scientist.

"Centuries ago a shaman rose to power. Not much is known of his origins, only rumours that he was born by the Cradle itself. The shaman's power was so great that his village's elders sort to execute him, fearing what he could accomplish. They were right to be fearful. They failed to pull off the execution, the shaman was rescued by a band of his followers. This act begun a brutal rebellion. Word spread quickly through the Cradle. Many tribes acted rashly, killing anyone versed in magic out of fear they'd join the shaman. This only fuelled the rebellion. Driven into desperate measures, the shaman turned to dark magic. He begun draining Pokemon of their energy, boosting his power to a remarkable level but twisting himself in the process. Soon even those close to him begun to fear his power, as did the Guardians of the Cradle. The Guardians were forced into hiding, fearing the shaman would seek their power as well. Instead the shaman turned to the Mausoleum. The remains of the demons spoke to him, driving him, fuelling his hatred and cementing his decent into darkness. The combined might of all of the Cradle's tribes wasn't enough to bring the shaman to heel. When all seemed lost, the Guardian's bestowed two young warriors with the power to seal the shaman away, entombing him within the Mausoleum." Ty lets out a satisfied groan, finally getting through the narrative. "Well, that was quite a story, but it doesn't exactly explain what happened here does it?" Something strange had certainly happened here, but could it really have anything to do with that legend? Were these people dead, or just frozen? There were so many questions to answer here......
Emerging from the mineshaft Emp and the huntsman had just as quick stumbled onto the scene of a mystery. The band of scientists and archaeologists were frozen like statues circling a blasted seal, expressions of terror painting a clear picture of their few final moments. While Ty went in guns blazing Emp ambled apprehensively in tow, trying to avoid the eye contact with the ruin lest he feel the residue of its power. Poring over the statues his head began to swim with questions he was not likely to get any answer to: Had the petrification been painless? Were they given any warning? Could they be revived somehow? He directed Surgei and Mojumbo to keep a wide birth while Nikola needed no telling, his rattling felt against the trainer’s shoulder as he Camouflaged out of sight. Ty would ease their worry as his probing of the scene suffered him no ill effects, prying a field journal from one of the scientists which revealed all they needed to know up until the disaster and then some. The explorers came to learn the blasted seal was steeped in the history of the local tribespeople, a safeguard of sorts against an evil shaman whose power had sent the Cradle into a dark age. Where the labors of man and god alone had failed, their combined efforts were enough to put an end to the demagogue’s reign of terror, sealing him within the Mausoleum once and for all. Or so they had hoped.

Fear was coursing through the traveller’s brain like a neurotoxin; if the archeologists had truly opened the floodgates to an ancient evil, their best bet at survival was to run straight back the way they came. Emp wondered if he could live with leaving these petrified souls for dead, or worse giving the ancient magic a chance to spread across the Cradle and beyond like a contagion. Emp focused on steadying his breathing, telling himself fear was part of being human, a precursor to bravery. So feel it, own it, let it ignite your thoughts.

“Mistake or not they had to have opened the seal for a reason. Since the trap has already been sprung perhaps we should venture ahead? Whatever is in there might not have gotten away, or at least left a clue to its motives and whereabouts,” Emp could hardly believe the words escaping his lips. Were they volunteering themselves up as the Cradle’s last line of defence, or would they simply become prey drawn to a Chinchou’s lure?

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Old 08-05-2020, 07:53 AM   #408
Emp
Volcano Badge

Yanmega Arboreal Cradle - 22

Unknown Location

TheKnightsFury: If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. With the threat sat before you steeped in mystery, you better ask your fill. He doesn’t seem taken aback by your inquisitiveness, or least of all threatened, speaking up and sating your curiosity one answer at a time, starting with an introduction: “I have gone by many names over many lifetimes – my supporters know me as the Lifebringer, my detractors would prefer me called the Mindbender. I do not care what name you give me, they are just words in a language that will one day be forgotten – just like you and I.” He spoke with an air of mystery, each answer seemingly raising another question.

“I was one of the first men, born in a time before civilisation – when the earth was alive with magic and mythical beasts roamed openly. It was a time of harmony, the delicate cycle of life and death in perfect equilibrium – we had the gods to thank for this.” He gestures to the bejewelled tapestry on his mantle, the depicted stag known in many a folklore as the Life Pokemon. “During this time there were three: the Gods of Life, Destruction and Order. You see, while the two opposing forces fulfilled their duty a master was required to keep the natural order in check. But even with their omnipotence they were outmatched by a greater force – the greed of man.” The mindbender spat his words, telling of the distance he had set from his kind.

“Since man crawled out of the mud they have sought to defile the natural order of life and death, taking the life that exists around them to unnaturally extend and enrich their own – it is truly disgusting. The gods gave up on us, driven into hiding as humankind set the world on a path of war, corruption and imbalance.” It was hard to punch a hole in his argument as vile as his methods were, it was true the world of man was rife with greed. That said the very raison d'etre of the Hunter’s Guild was to undo this sort of damage – his vendetta with their company still wasn’t entirely clear, although he’s quick to move onto a new tangent.

“Before leaving this world, the God of Life approached me in a forest. I did not know until decades later that it had bestowed eternal life upon me – I was a young warrior with no particular goals or ambitions but over the centuries I desperately sought meaning in this gift, determining after several lifetimes it was no accident. The God of Life chose me as its herald – its cause became my own.” He then gestures to the fairy-type in the room, then to the front of the carriage where muffled cantering could be heard.

“I am gifted with a portion of Xerneas’ Fairy Aura, imbuing my Pokemon with the same power as I – that is how my steed has bound your will to my own. You must think my methods ugly but no mortal would ever understand. I have tried to sway your people before, the first Hunters thought me insane.” While the immortal had lived several lifetimes across several corners of the world, his fascination with the Cradle and its custodians was growing apparent, “The Arboreal Cradle stands as the last vestige of a world before man. The Guild was founded to protect these lands – but man is incapable of understanding the natural order, no less maintaining it."

He turns his attention to the war table, with a mad flourish sweeping it clean of the pieces representing various guilds and tribes: "That is why I am willing to do what no one else is will – to save the Cradle I must purge what is corrupted and bring about a new world. Death will become this place and all who reside in it, then life will bring it back anew. The Gods of the Life and Death left our world millennia ago but their master remains – its power capable of realising this vision all the same.” The Mindbender’s voice grew with enthusiasm, smile twisting as his plan inched closer to fruition.

It would be impossible to reason, his unshakable god complex had made sure of that. The long exposition gave you a lot to stew on, but he wasn’t finished with you yet: “Now it is my turn to ask a question, brother. There will come a time when the Aura Breaker is returned to full strength, and the powers gifted to me will cease. It will be too late to stop my plan – but you will be faced with the opportunity to oppose me or join me. You are no true Hunter – and you must understand my cause is a necessary evil to restore balance. So, I must know, if given the chance will you try to kill me?”

Last edited by Emp; 08-05-2020 at 10:06 AM.
Old 08-07-2020, 05:03 PM   #409
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Unknown Location

TheKnightsFury: If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. With the threat sat before you steeped in mystery, you better ask your fill. He doesn’t seem taken aback by your inquisitiveness, or least of all threatened, speaking up and sating your curiosity one answer at a time, starting with an introduction: “I have gone by many names over many lifetimes – my supporters know me as the Lifebringer, my detractors would prefer me called the Mindbender. I do not care what name you give me, they are just words in a language that will one day be forgotten – just like you and I.” He spoke with an air of mystery, each answer seemingly raising another question.

“I was one of the first men, born in a time before civilisation – when the earth was alive with magic and mythical beasts roamed openly. It was a time of harmony, the delicate cycle of life and death in perfect equilibrium – we had the gods to thank for this.” He gestures to the bejewelled tapestry on his mantle, the depicted stag known in many a folklore as the Life Pokemon. “During this time there were three: the Gods of Life, Destruction and Order. You see, while the two opposing forces fulfilled their duty a master was required to keep the natural order in check. But even with their omnipotence they were outmatched by a greater force – the greed of man.” The mindbender spat his words, telling of the distance he had set from his kind.

“Since man crawled out of the mud they have sought to defile the natural order of life and death, taking the life that exists around them to unnaturally extend and enrich their own – it is truly disgusting. The gods gave up on us, driven into hiding as humankind set the world on a path of war, corruption and imbalance.” It was hard to punch a hole in his argument as vile as his methods were, it was true the world of man was rife with greed. That said the very raison d'etre of the Hunter’s Guild was to undo this sort of damage – his vendetta with their company still wasn’t entirely clear, although he’s quick to move onto a new tangent.

“Before leaving this world, the God of Life approached me in a forest. I did not know until decades later that it had bestowed eternal life upon me – I was a young warrior with no particular goals or ambitions but over the centuries I desperately sought meaning in this gift, determining after several lifetimes it was no accident. The God of Life chose me as its herald – its cause became my own.” He then gestures to the fairy-type in the room, then to the front of the carriage where muffled cantering could be heard.

“I am gifted with a portion of Xerneas’ Fairy Aura, imbuing my Pokemon with the same power as I – that is how my steed has bound your will to my own. You must think my methods ugly but no mortal would ever understand. I have tried to sway your people before, the first Hunters thought me insane.” While the immortal had lived several lifetimes across several corners of the world, his fascination with the Cradle and its custodians was growing apparent, “The Arboreal Cradle stands as the last vestige of a world before man. The Guild was founded to protect these lands – but man is incapable of understanding the natural order, no less maintaining it."

He turns his attention to the war table, with a mad flourish sweeping it clean of the pieces representing various guilds and tribes: "That is why I am willing to do what no one else is will – to save the Cradle I must purge what is corrupted and bring about a new world. Death will become this place and all who reside in it, then life will bring it back anew. The Gods of the Life and Death left our world millennia ago but their master remains – its power capable of realising this vision all the same.” The Mindbender’s voice grew with enthusiasm, smile twisting as his plan inched closer to fruition.

It would be impossible to reason, his unshakable god complex had made sure of that. The long exposition gave you a lot to stew on, but he wasn’t finished with you yet: “Now it is my turn to ask a question, brother. There will come a time when the Aura Breaker is returned to full strength, and the powers gifted to me will cease. It will be too late to stop my plan – but you will be faced with the opportunity to oppose me or join me. You are no true Hunter – and you must understand my cause is a necessary evil to restore balance. So, I must know, if given the chance will you try to kill me?”

It was a lot to take in, let alone process. Xander did his best to summarise it. Lifebringer/Mindbender was about as ancient as you could get. He was born in a time where three gods reigned, Life, Destruction and Order, with Order serving as the master over Life and Destruction. The arrival of man saw the balance thrown out and the Gods disappear, but the God of Life, Xerneas had bestowed upon the Mindbender a fragment of its power, its Fairy Aura. From them, the Mindbender had taken the role of God of Life upon himself and sort to save the Cradle, the last land mostly untouched by man's greed. He would summon Zygarde, the God of Order and have it cleanse the land, purging it of humanity.

Mindbender then posed a question, would Xander seek to kill him? He wasn't sure that he had to. Mindbender had referred to Zygarde as the Aura Breaker, once it was summoned, would Mindbender's Fairy Aura be broken, leaving him powerless? If that was the case, he'd barely be a threat. Xander also wasn't sold on Mindbender's plan. Why was he so confident that Zygarde would see his vision as order? Without his powers, surely Mindbender wouldn't be able to control Zygarde, he'd just have to hope that the God of Order saw things his way. Xander didn't believe Zygarde would.

"No, I don't think I will try to kill you", Xander replied confidently. "I don't think I need to, because I think Zygarde will do it for me. The way I see it, the only one causing an imbalance is yourself. You've squandered your gift of life, you've become twisted and corrupt over time. Life isn't about staying the same, life is about change. Life is about adapting, overcoming challenges and making the most of what you've got. Sure, there are plenty of humans who contribute more to destruction than life, but the same can be said of Pokemon as well. You can't have one without the other. Summon Zygarde and let it judge us."

Old 08-07-2020, 06:05 PM   #410
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

King Ghidorah- The pungent Revival Herb had successful awoken Salazzle, bringing her back into the fight. Eager to avoid another devastating Fusion Flare, you tactically position your Pokemon, spreading them out to avoid making them an easy target. Scizor and Bisharp are quick to jump in, Salazzle lending a helping hand as the pair of Steel types land a Bullet Punch and Sucker Punch respectively. Kyurem replies by knocking the pair back with a Brutal Swing of its tail, sweeping it around in an arc to send the trio tumbling backwards.

Pulling themselves up off the ground, the trio continue to fire off attacks at Kyurem. Salazzle and Bisharp keep the Guardian busy, Salazzle lancing it with a Dragon Pulse, while Bisharp lets off a burst of steel energy, punishing Kyurem for that last attack. Scizor glides it, striking with a Steel Wing, but this time Kyurem is prepared for the close range attack. It's tail lights up again, gathering a massive amount of fire energy. As Scizor strikes, Kyurem unleashes another Fusion Flare. Scizor is engulfed by the raging fire, once it subsides, the Steel type is revealed to be unconscious.

Scizor is unable to battle! Scizor gained 2 levels!

Seeing his partner downed, Bisharp rushes in, eager for Revenge. He leaps up at Kyurem with a powerful uppercut, striking the Guardian in the jaw. It replies with a rippling Dragon Rage, the torrent of dragon fire drives Bisharp back, leaving him in quite bad condition. The Bittercold takes hold, finishing the job as Bisharp feels the last of his energy wicked away by the chilling effect. He collapses to the ground, unconscious.

Bisharp is unable to battle! Bisharp gained 2 levels!

Salazzle seems to be struggling with the Bittercold now as well, the effects of the Heat Balm were wearing off!

The cold will claim you all

Emp- "Kid they opened it because they're greedy bastards, this isn't the first time greed has led to disaster in the Cradle. That said, this could be bad. We need to gather as much information as we can, then I'll put a call in to the Guild. You're right though, let's check out the tomb." You make your way towards the tomb, carefully weaving around the statue-like researchers. You pauses for a moment at the entrance to the tomb as Ty spots something lying on the ground. He picks up the object, turning it in his hands as he inspects it. "Hmm, looks like a Seviper fang, but all the colour has drained out of it." Ty gives the fang a squeeze and it crumbles in his hand. "Strange, very strange."

You warily step into the tomb, Surgei and Mojumbo on high alert for any signs of danger.

"Wait!" A voice shouts out from behind you, "don't go in there!" You turn to see a young native woman jump out from behind a desk.

"Eyes front kid!" Ty instructs, drawing your attention back to the tomb. A large pile of rocks on the far side of the tomb begins to move. You watch as the rocks seem to take form. A body with arms and legs takes shape around a familiar looking red crystal. "What in the Cradle is that?" Ty questions, "that's not a Pokemon." It certainly wasn't any you'd ever seen before. The rock creature hurls a stone towards you, but thankfully Mojumbo instinctively knocks the stone away with his vines. The glow of the red crystal can be seen pulsating through the rocks of the creatures chest, it seems to be the source of its power.

Old 08-13-2020, 11:22 PM   #411
Emp
Volcano Badge

Yanmega Arboreal Cradle - 23

Unknown Location

TheKnightsFury: You are left on tenterhooks as the Mindbender considers your response, a wry smirk unfurling in that you had at least not been so foolish as to try deceiving him. He leaves your words to hang for a moment longer as he paces the quarters, idly pocketing one of the silver coins from his opened drawer. Grimmsnarl held its fix on you all the while, repulsed by your sudden bout of confidence, not being the type of energy it readily siphoned from a room. “I have no illusions of Zygarde being my ally,” he interposes, “It is as much my obstacle as it is my catalyst. When my work is done there will come a time for Zygarde to pass its divine judgement. I am willing to change the world as a martyr if fate determines it so, even at the cost of my soul.”

The warrior fixes his gaze on the front of the carriage, eyes blinking shut as though reaching into the vision of his steed on the other side. “We are about to arrive,” he announces curtly, “I have faith you will prove better than the rest of them, brother. Though not so much faith to free you from my will yet.” The wagon comes to a turbulent halt, the sudden jerk sending stray pieces flying from the war table. Once stationary a familiar sensation fogs in your mind as Rapidash’s Hypnosis flares up, pupils dilating as the edges of your peripheral tint a kaleidoscopic hue. While not so intense as in the Glades, the magical neurotoxin is enough to keep you from fighting or fleeing. Therein the Mindbender disembarks the cart with you in tow and Grimmsnarl at the flank, the ogre’s piercing glare felt on the back of your head in spite of your forced obedience.

The arid soil shifts underfoot as you take your first steps onto land. Moonlight washes down on your face and the surrounds, a shadowy world painted in greyscale. It was difficult to discern much about your whereabouts other than it was likely leagues and leagues from the Liaznom Glades. In every way that forest had been abundant in life this one was devoid; you were lost in a graveyard of trees picketed like matchsticks, foliage seemingly incapable of growing sans for a few tough weeds and thornbushes. The Mindbender ushers you close as he makes to scout the location, leaving his steed and his prisoners behind.

The path at your feet fades as the darkness of the woods swallow you whole, the rhythm of your footsteps only interrupted by the faint sound of rustling bushes and the howl of the wind. The breeze seemed to animate the lifeless branches overhead, their silhouettes like demonic claws as they twisted and contorted across your path. There was a sinister feeling hanging in the air, or perhaps the talk of gods and magic had worked to heighten your superstition. You wade through the dead forest for a while longer until a wide clearing comes into view, moon-speckled slabs of rock stacked in various formations surrounding a burnt-out pyre. Once certain, the Mindbender whispers his mare to his position, the Rapidash hearing from an impossible distance as it soon enough canters to your fix, the whole company of hunters following her like a homing beacon. Her pastel mane was glowing iridescently, magic stores replenished for the ritual ahead.

“Xander!” Calls a familiar voice, “Thank gods you’re alive!” You wonder how far Ammorith and Lilev had gotten before their freedom was snatched back away, or if they ever truly stood a chance at escape at all. There was some conversation among the Hunters as they tried to resist their invisible binds, but most were shaken into silence. In the light of Rapidash’s mane you notice almost a dozen had cages in hand, housing the worm creatures you had scoured the furthest reaches of the Cradle for. With his host gathered The Mindbender mounts the Galarian steed and makes for the burnt-out log pile, brandishing what looked like Rapidash’s missing horn and reviving the bonfire with a flourish. The flames leapt high as its crackle filled the ambiance. It was mesmerizing to watch, embers every colour of the spectrum ebbing from a pulsating white centre, where the emanating heat was the greatest.

“Brothers and sisters!” He proclaims, “An important night is upon us – the night we come out of the shadows and begin to claim back the Cradle from man! Not all of you will leave these woods alive, but it is a price we must pay to usher in a better world. The chosen shall not die in vain – they will come to be known as heroes of legend. Now, step forward.” You count thirteen of the host comply, some falling into hysterics as they realised their fate while others held onto their Hunters’ courage. They were the weariest looking of the company – malnourished, injured or mentally scarred – perhaps having outlived their use. Stepping under the light of the pyre, Ammorith is revealed as one of the chosen.

Last edited by Emp; 08-14-2020 at 01:33 AM.
Old 08-14-2020, 12:38 AM   #412
Emp
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Emp- "Kid they opened it because they're greedy bastards, this isn't the first time greed has led to disaster in the Cradle. That said, this could be bad. We need to gather as much information as we can, then I'll put a call in to the Guild. You're right though, let's check out the tomb." You make your way towards the tomb, carefully weaving around the statue-like researchers. You pauses for a moment at the entrance to the tomb as Ty spots something lying on the ground. He picks up the object, turning it in his hands as he inspects it. "Hmm, looks like a Seviper fang, but all the colour has drained out of it." Ty gives the fang a squeeze and it crumbles in his hand. "Strange, very strange."

You warily step into the tomb, Surgei and Mojumbo on high alert for any signs of danger.

"Wait!" A voice shouts out from behind you, "don't go in there!" You turn to see a young native woman jump out from behind a desk.

"Eyes front kid!" Ty instructs, drawing your attention back to the tomb. A large pile of rocks on the far side of the tomb begins to move. You watch as the rocks seem to take form. A body with arms and legs takes shape around a familiar looking red crystal. "What in the Cradle is that?" Ty questions, "that's not a Pokemon." It certainly wasn't any you'd ever seen before. The rock creature hurls a stone towards you, but thankfully Mojumbo instinctively knocks the stone away with his vines. The glow of the red crystal can be seen pulsating through the rocks of the creatures chest, it seems to be the source of its power.
Emp gaped as the pile of boulders rumbled to life, amassing a hulking torso and soon enough building a pair of arms and legs for mobility. The outsider felt a strange sense of déjŕ vu staring into its pulsating red core, he could have sworn he’d seen the crystal before couldn’t place where. He could be sharp as one of Mojumbo’s whips at times and just as slow at others; the hangover had decidedly put him in the latter camp. There wasn’t much time to dwell on the thought as the rock creature laid its claim to the territory, hurling a heavy stone as a warning shot – Mojumbo quick to intercept with a snap of his vines. The sudden rockfall had sent Emp reeling, Nikola activating his Camouflage and sending sparks flying every which way. They were right to err caution, the enemy was neither man nor ‘mon making it difficult to formulate a retaliation. The orb on its chest seemed to beat like a heart, while the rest of its mass had been inanimate just moments ago. Emp was sure that if he could dislodge the crystal from its rocky housing he could diffuse the threat with little destruction.

“Mojumbo, weather it down with a Leaf Storm then Bind it in place with your vines…” the next stage of his plan required a switcheroo, Emp recalling his Eelektross and subbing in another of his aquatic allies, Beaker the Crawdaunt, “Beaker, I need you to close in on that thing while Tangrowth works on holding it down, use Rock Smash to chisel around the red crystal then dislodge it with your Crabhammer!” The Rogue Pokemon clicked her pincers affirmatively, a look of true grit plastered on her face as she entered the fray.

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Old 08-14-2020, 03:03 AM   #413
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Unknown Location

TheKnightsFury: You are left on tenterhooks as the Mindbender considers your response, a wry smirk unfurling in that you had at least not been so foolish as to try deceiving him. He leaves your words to hang for a moment longer as he paces the quarters, idly pocketing one of the silver coins from his opened drawer. Grimmsnarl held its fix on you all the while, repulsed by your sudden bout of confidence, not being the type of energy it readily siphoned from a room. “I have no illusions of Zygarde being my ally,” he interposes, “It is as much my obstacle as it is my catalyst. When my work is done there will come a time for Zygarde to pass its divine judgement. I am willing to change the world as a martyr if fate determines it so, even at the cost of my soul.”

The warrior fixes his gaze on the front of the carriage, eyes blinking shut as though reaching into the vision of his steed on the other side. “We are about to arrive,” he announces curtly, “I have faith you will prove better than the rest of them, brother. Though not so much faith to free you from my will yet.” The wagon comes to a turbulent halt, the sudden jerk sending stray pieces flying from the war table. Once stationary a familiar sensation fogs in your mind as Rapidash’s Hypnosis flares up, pupils dilating as the edges of your peripheral tint a kaleidoscopic hue. While not so intense as in the Glades, the magical neurotoxin is enough to keep you from fighting or fleeing. Therein the Mindbender disembarks the cart with you in tow and Grimmsnarl at the flank, the ogre’s piercing glare felt on the back of your head in spite of your forced obedience.

The arid soil shifts underfoot as you take your first steps onto land. Moonlight washes down on your face and the surrounds, a shadowy world painted in greyscale. It was difficult to discern much about your whereabouts other than it was likely leagues and leagues from the Liaznom Glades. In every way that forest had been abundant in life this one was devoid; you were lost in a graveyard of trees picketed like matchsticks, foliage seemingly incapable of growing sans for a few tough weeds and thornbushes. The Mindbender ushers you close as he makes to scout the location, leaving his steed and his prisoners behind.

The path at your feet fades as the darkness of the woods swallow you whole, the rhythm of your footsteps only interrupted by the faint sound of rustling bushes and the howl of the wind. The breeze seemed to animate the lifeless branches overhead, their silhouettes like demonic claws as they twisted and contorted across your path. There was a sinister feeling hanging in the air, or perhaps the talk of gods and magic had worked to heighten your superstition. You wade through the dead forest for a while longer until a wide clearing comes into view, moon-speckled slabs of rock stacked in various formations surrounding a burnt-out pyre. Once certain, the Mindbender whispers his mare to his position, the Rapidash hearing from an impossible distance as it soon enough canters to your fix, the whole company of hunters following her like a homing beacon. Her pastel mane was glowing iridescently, magic stores replenished for the ritual ahead.

“Xander!” Calls a familiar voice, “Thank gods you’re alive!” You wonder how far Ammorith and Lilev had gotten before their freedom was snatched back away, or if they ever truly stood a chance at escape at all. There was some conversation among the Hunters as they tried to resist their invisible binds, but most were shaken into silence. In the light of Rapidash’s mane you notice almost a dozen had cages in hand, housing the worm creatures you had scoured the furthest reaches of the Cradle for. With his host gathered The Mindbender mounts the Galarian steed and makes for the burnt-out log pile, brandishing what looked like Rapidash’s missing horn and reviving the bonfire with a flourish. The flames leapt high as its crackle filled the ambiance. It was mesmerizing to watch, embers every colour of the spectrum ebbing from a pulsating white centre, where the emanating heat was the greatest.

“Brothers and sisters!” He proclaims, “An important night is upon us – the night we come out of the shadows and begin to claim back the Cradle from man! Not all of you will leave these woods alive, but it is a price we must pay to usher in a better world. The chosen shall not die in vain – they will come to be known as heroes of legend. Now, step forward.” You count thirteen of the host comply, some falling into hysterics as they realised their fate while others held onto their Hunters’ courage. They were the weariest looking of the company – malnourished, injured or mentally scarred – perhaps having outlived their use. Stepping under the light of the pyre, Ammorith is revealed as one of the chosen.

The Mindbender was confident in his plan and the time had come for him to enact it. They had arrived at their final destination and as they did, Rapidash's Hypnosis took hold once more, depriving Xander of his ability to move of his own accord. He wasn't fully embraced by the effect, he was still conscious and quickly realised he could still talk.

Xander was led through the dead forest by the Mindbender, until they reached the pyre. Everything was finally in place. The captured hunters were all present, including Lilev and Ammorith. The Zygarde Cells was nearby as well, caged and ready for whatever ritual the Mindbender was planning to summon Zygarde. Xander had figured it would be as simple as gathering a heap of cells in one place and activating the core, but it seemed like the ancient warrior had something else planned.

Mindbender took his place, giving a short speech before summoning his chosen thirteen to be sacrificed on the pyre. Xander watched in horror as Ammorith stepped forward with the twelve other weary Hunters. What the fuck was Mindbender doing?! Why did he need this sacrifice? Surely Zygarde wouldn't want this! He seemed to have selected the most weary and broken raiders, those who no longer had the will to resist Rapidash's powers.

"Take me instead!" Xander shouted. Wait, what the fuck was he doing?! "Take me instead you sick prick! Spare Ammorith and take me instead, you said yourself that I was special, stronger. Take me instead!" Xander had no idea why he was doing it. Maybe part of him felt like death was inevitable at this point and he might as well go out heroically. Something was telling him that this was the right thing to do, to embrace death. For if Mindbender was the champion of Life, than perhaps the only way for him to rival the ancient warrior was to become the Champion of Death! After all, this wouldn't be the first time he faced death in the Cradle. Dusknoir had ripped his soul from his body when he was fighting to save Diancie and he'd managed to overcome that. If anyone was equipped to handle death, it was him!

Last edited by TheKnightsFury; 08-14-2020 at 03:43 AM.
Old 08-14-2020, 10:55 AM   #414
King Ghidorah
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
King Ghidorah- The pungent Revival Herb had successful awoken Salazzle, bringing her back into the fight. Eager to avoid another devastating Fusion Flare, you tactically position your Pokemon, spreading them out to avoid making them an easy target. Scizor and Bisharp are quick to jump in, Salazzle lending a helping hand as the pair of Steel types land a Bullet Punch and Sucker Punch respectively. Kyurem replies by knocking the pair back with a Brutal Swing of its tail, sweeping it around in an arc to send the trio tumbling backwards.

Pulling themselves up off the ground, the trio continue to fire off attacks at Kyurem. Salazzle and Bisharp keep the Guardian busy, Salazzle lancing it with a Dragon Pulse, while Bisharp lets off a burst of steel energy, punishing Kyurem for that last attack. Scizor glides it, striking with a Steel Wing, but this time Kyurem is prepared for the close range attack. It's tail lights up again, gathering a massive amount of fire energy. As Scizor strikes, Kyurem unleashes another Fusion Flare. Scizor is engulfed by the raging fire, once it subsides, the Steel type is revealed to be unconscious.

Scizor is unable to battle! Scizor gained 2 levels!

Seeing his partner downed, Bisharp rushes in, eager for Revenge. He leaps up at Kyurem with a powerful uppercut, striking the Guardian in the jaw. It replies with a rippling Dragon Rage, the torrent of dragon fire drives Bisharp back, leaving him in quite bad condition. The Bittercold takes hold, finishing the job as Bisharp feels the last of his energy wicked away by the chilling effect. He collapses to the ground, unconscious.

Bisharp is unable to battle! Bisharp gained 2 levels!

Salazzle seems to be struggling with the Bittercold now as well, the effects of the Heat Balm were wearing off!

The cold will claim you all

Hugo recalled Scizor and Bisharp. They had fought valiantly, they had served their purpose. Yet seeing them fall, along with the bittercold taking its toll on Salazzle, the magnitude and seeming inevitability of what was to come was beginning to set in on Hugo.

“The cold will claim you all,” Hugo repeated to himself. At his side, Piloswine was grunting and kicking up dust, his rage becoming palpable. The bittercold was uncomfortable for everyone, but an Ice-type like Piloswine could handle it better than most. Still, Fusion Flare could be catastrophic. Did Salazzle’s Disable work? And how many times had Kyurem used Fusion Flare? He thought he had heard once that it could only be used so many times. Was that true?

Either way, there were only so many options left. Piloswine was itching to fight, and if not now, when?

“Alright, Piloswine! Let’s go!”

The wooly beast charged ahead, stopping alongside Salazzle, thrashing its tusks from side to side.

Hugo pondered for a moment, then tossed another Pokeball. Hakamo-o emerged with an a furious roar. Hugo knew this could go sideways as well. Hakamo-o was weak to both Ice and Dragon moves, and had no protection from the bittercold. Still, Hugo knew he had a powerful arsenal of moves at his disposal. If he could land a few major hits, it could make all the difference…

Besides, he didn’t really have any other options.

Hakamo-o to Salazzle’s other flank, the new trio ready to go to war. Salazzle looked to Piloswine, then to Hakamo-o. She lashed her tail angrily against the ground, hissing and growling at them. In turn, they responded with stomps and roars, chest pounds and tusk shakes. They were seething. What was happening? Was Salazzle planning to attack them? It took Hugo a moment before he realized that wasn’t it at all. She was giving them a pep talk; psyching them up.

And then…

In a flash, Piloswine evolved into Mamoswine and Hakamo-o evolved into Kommo-o!

“YES!” Hugo shouted. Could this turn the tables?

The trio of Pokemon, suddenly much more imposing than before, roared with triumph and anticipation.

“Salazzle! Use Helping Hand! Use Breaking Swipe! But most importantly, use ENDEAVOR!

Mamoswine, use Endure! Lower the accuracy and blind it with Mud Bomb! BLAST IT WITH SUPERPOWER!

Kommo-o! Use Dragon Dance! Rock it with Clanging Scales! BRING DOWN THE SKY WITH DRACO METEOR!

It’s on.
Old 08-15-2020, 09:39 PM   #415
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Emp- What you were up against was neither man nor 'mon, but that didn't mean it wasn't a threat. You had little information to go off of. It was formed from rocks, could you treat it like a Rock type Pokemon? The familiar red crystal beating in the chest of the monster seemed to be the source of its power, perhaps removing it would prove an easy solution? There was only one way to find out.

Nikola goes into hiding as you recall Surgei and send out Beaker to help Mojumbo to confront the rock golem. The Tangrowth sends a storm of leafs streaming from within its vines. The powerful attack drives the golem back as it attempts to lurch forward, it seems the attack is effective against it! Having gained the upper hand, Mojumbo closes in, extending his vines to bind the golem in place. Power Gems begin to fire from the gem within its chest, the animated pile of rocks peppering the Tangrowth as it tries to get free. Beaker scuttles forward across the hard stone, large claws raised as he prepares to smash through the rock golem. A resounding crack fills the tomb as the Crawdaunt smashes through the rocks of the creature's chest, exposing the crystal. A follow up with a powerful Crabhammer knocks the crystal loose, sending it skidding across the floor. The rocks lose their shape as the crystal is knocked away, that was certainly over quick!

You look over at the crystal and notice it is beginning to pulse and shake, the rocks around Mojumbo and Beaker were beginning to roll back towards it. "Quick Tyranitar, crush it!" Ty shouts and Tyranitar leaps forward, bring a heavy foot down upon the glowing crystal, smashing it to pieces. The rocks come to a stop, the threat had truly passed now. "Quick thinking kid, that crystal look familiar to you? Looked a lot similar to a Boldore's crystals, perhaps it was from a Gigalith? Between that and the Seviper fang, I'm beginning to think our shaman does indeed use Pokemon, or at least parts of them, in his magic. Now, where is our native friend?" The native woman was still half concealed behind the desk, she had likely endured a lot. How would you approach her?

Mojumbo and Beaker gained 1 level!

King Ghidorah- With two Pokemon down and the Bittercold proving a true terror to deal with, you choose your next two Pokemon wisely. Piloswine was raring to go, well equipped to handle the Bittercold and while he was exposed defensively, Hakamo-o possessed a powerful arsenal to fight the Guardian with. The threat in front of them seemed to awaken something within them as well, as both took the opportunity to evolve! Now a Mamoswine and a Kommo-o, surely you stood a better chance now?

Kyurem meets the newly evolved Pokemon with a Noble Roar, reducing the attacking potential of your Pokemon as they prepare to launch into battle. Salazzle is left waiting while Mamoswine prepares to Endure whatever Kyurem throws at it, while Kommo-o tries to overcome Kyurem's tactics with a Dragon Dance. With the pair busy, Kyurem turns its focus to Salazzle, who'd been a bit of a thorn in its side. It fires glowing stones at the lizard, its Ancient Power proving devastating as Salazzle does her best to avoid the attack. Her limbs were tightening, the cold restricting her movement, she could feel the energy flooding from her body. Thankfully her friends are on the attack now, Mamoswine launching a Mud Bomb that doesn't strike where desired, popping on Kyurem's back as opposed to its face. Rubbing its scales together, Kommo-o shakes Kyurem with a Clanging Scales, made all the more powerful thanks to a Helping Hand from Salazzle.

Having been playing support for most of the battle, Salazzle rushes in on the offensive. Leaping through the air, she swings her tail around to strike Kyurem with a Breaking Swipe! The Super Effective attack connects, but Salazzle has landed herself in a dangerous position. Kyurem grins as it stomps its feet once more. Salazzle knows whats coming, but is helpless as she lands back on the cavern floor just as the Earth Power erupts beneath her. The reptile lets out a tremendous cry, soaring backwards Kommo-o catches the unconscious Salazzle before she hits the ground.

Salazzle is unable to battle! Salazzle gained 2 levels!

As Mamoswine rushes forward, Kommo-o places Salazzle down and begins to gather energy between his hands. A Superpower from Mamoswine manages to knock Kyurem on its side, although Mamoswine feels his strength fade after the attack. While Kyurem is scrambling to regain its feet, Kommo-o launches the Draco Meteor into the air. The projectiles arcs upwards, gathering speed and energy before crashing down on Kyurem for yet another Super Effective hit. Kyurem regains its feet, the Guardian isn't looking as invulnerable as before, but its still far from beaten. It drives Mamoswine back with a Dragon Pulse before bringing a giant Icicle Crashing down upon Kommo-o, the Dragon manages to avoid a direct hit but even the partial blow is quite painful for him. As Kommo-o feels the effects of the Bittercold for the first time, Kyurem's tail begins to charge up once more. Yet another Fusion Flare on the way?!

Old 08-16-2020, 12:56 AM   #416
Emp
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Emp- What you were up against was neither man nor 'mon, but that didn't mean it wasn't a threat. You had little information to go off of. It was formed from rocks, could you treat it like a Rock type Pokemon? The familiar red crystal beating in the chest of the monster seemed to be the source of its power, perhaps removing it would prove an easy solution? There was only one way to find out.

Nikola goes into hiding as you recall Surgei and send out Beaker to help Mojumbo to confront the rock golem. The Tangrowth sends a storm of leafs streaming from within its vines. The powerful attack drives the golem back as it attempts to lurch forward, it seems the attack is effective against it! Having gained the upper hand, Mojumbo closes in, extending his vines to bind the golem in place. Power Gems begin to fire from the gem within its chest, the animated pile of rocks peppering the Tangrowth as it tries to get free. Beaker scuttles forward across the hard stone, large claws raised as he prepares to smash through the rock golem. A resounding crack fills the tomb as the Crawdaunt smashes through the rocks of the creature's chest, exposing the crystal. A follow up with a powerful Crabhammer knocks the crystal loose, sending it skidding across the floor. The rocks lose their shape as the crystal is knocked away, that was certainly over quick!

You look over at the crystal and notice it is beginning to pulse and shake, the rocks around Mojumbo and Beaker were beginning to roll back towards it. "Quick Tyranitar, crush it!" Ty shouts and Tyranitar leaps forward, bring a heavy foot down upon the glowing crystal, smashing it to pieces. The rocks come to a stop, the threat had truly passed now. "Quick thinking kid, that crystal look familiar to you? Looked a lot similar to a Boldore's crystals, perhaps it was from a Gigalith? Between that and the Seviper fang, I'm beginning to think our shaman does indeed use Pokemon, or at least parts of them, in his magic. Now, where is our native friend?" The native woman was still half concealed behind the desk, she had likely endured a lot. How would you approach her?

Mojumbo and Beaker gained 1 level!
They would enter the round blind, Emp feigning confidence as he relayed orders to his capable commandos. The hunch that the mysterious enemy was a rock-type would prove right as Mojumbo’s Leaf Storm washed over its rocky hide, eroding it some. This gave the heap of vines enough of an opening to ensnare his foe in creepers, the Bind meeting some resistance as the golem spat rocky shrapnel in all directions. Mojumbo gritted his teeth as he endured the pelting all the while doubling down his hold, giving Beaker the window she needed to home in and begin the extraction. With a swing of her pincer she chipped away at the outer layers of Rocks, Smashing them to grit and powder with each blow. Soon enough she had chiselled away enough to dislodge the beast’s heart, water molecules swelling around the Crab’s claw as it swung like a Sledgehammer. The thump was enough to dislodge the crystal from its housing, the foe toppling like a tonne of bricks. The hunter’s Tyranitar would snuff it out for good with a heavy stomp, the crystal shattering underfoot, its lifeforce dissipating with it. Nikola let his guard back down, scampering down Emp’s body so he could get face to face with the shards of inanimate crystal and blow a triumphant raspberry.

Emp could do nothing but facepalm as Ty rightly identified the crystal as that of the species he had encountered less than 24-hours ago. While the mystery was no closer to unravelling they had another clue to how the shaman operated; evidence was mounting that he used the parts of Pokemon in his dark arts, animating them into all sorts of abominations. It was impossible to gauge how capable the pair would be in a faceoff with more of these twisted creations, but knowing they shared characteristics with the dismembered Pokemon parts they took power from would at least put them in better stead. The pair chewed on that thought for a moment before Ty prompted Emp to check in on the native girl who had tried to ward them off in the first place. She was cowering behind the desk still, they should at least let her know the danger has been neutralised – perhaps learning more about the mysterious threat in the process. The shaman had known ties with the Cradle’s indigenous communities, after all.

“You can come out now,” Emp started sheepishly, “My name is Emphyr and this is Tyrone – or you can call us Emp and Ty! Just don’t call him Ty the Tyrant.” Emp made sure to whisper the last part, smirking as he did so, “We’re looking to get to the bottom of all this commotion – do you know anything about the shaman who enchanted this creature?”

goes from L56 to L57
goes from L52 to L53

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Last edited by Emp; 08-16-2020 at 01:06 AM.
Old 08-16-2020, 11:34 PM   #417
Emp
Volcano Badge

Yanmega Arboreal Cradle - 24

Unknown Location

TheKnightsFury: The technicolour pyre lashes wildly at the starry night sky. Before the fire your skin glows red, orange, yellow but also green, blue, indigo and violet. Every eye reflects the flickering, each iris containing a small picture of the enchanted embers; it was hard to imagine their vibrant colour came as such a dark omen. The idea a man known as the Lifebringer would slay your company so wantonly was just as nonsensical. If he was the herald of life perhaps life was overrated – with a shift from one hopeless situation to the next death had never felt so close, you decide it might be time to embrace its cold arms.

“I’d sooner see that madman in the pyre, if he weren’t so yellow belly to face me without his magic”, Lilev spits, “But there’s no chance one of you young’uns is dying today – spare the lads and take me.” The wider camp were mumbling in agreement, triggering several more to offer themselves up in place of the greener guildmembers. There was an unwinnable back and forth therein, no one particularly wanting to offer up their life nor live with the guilt of allowing someone else to. It was an impossible situation that would likely take hours to resolve – unfortunately, the Mindbender would not be so patient.

SILENCE!” he snaps, letting his calm slip for the first time. “Even in the face of death you Hunters cannot help yourselves – you think yourselves worthy of putting a price on life, even now between each other – yet you squabble and allow self-righteousness to cloud your judgement. You must see why the Cradle would be better off rid of your kind – why I must wash this land of its sin.” The Mindbender paced horseback around the fire, flipping a silver coin in contemplation.

“I will show you mercy this once though – if only to ease the fragile minds of those who survive. You who are willing, step forward instead.” He wasn’t talking to you; legs spellbound it seemed you were needed for some greater purpose. Thirteen others step forward like Wooloo to the slaughter – some new faces, some the stubborn same. It seemed Ammorith would live to die another day, his mentor offering herself up in place. For just a moment Lilev’s unshakable bravery slips, stealing a final look at her mentor with tears streaming down her face.

“You have been like a son to me, kid. I will always-“ The final words fail to escape her lips, for her soul was ripped clean from its vessel. You half expected them to walk straight into the fire and burn alive, but the Mindbender spares you this image at least as his Grimmsnarl assumes the role of executioner, Breaking their Spirits in a way no regular Pokemon could. The waifs of energy seem to ebb from the chosens’ heart centre into the magical pyre, each releasing a scream as they fuelled it to a roaring inferno. The bodies drop lifelessly to the ground, thinning out the prison camp a good third. There was no time to mourn the immeasurable loss, the ritual was just getting started.

Life becomes death, death becomes life...” the Mindbender chanted, over and over. Soon enough voices on the other side joined his chorus, demonic shadows appearing in the flaming vortex, more terrifying than anything that had come before. “I have come to make a deal.” He starts, flashing the ancient coin, “I wish to corrupt the being known as the Aura Breaker. I have gathered a collection of its essence - the cores and cells which it uses to scout these lands - and mean to face it in its domain to finish the rest.” Hundreds of voices from the netherworld groaned in unison; it was a tall order with dire consequences, even for them. The temptation of such chaos and imbalance is all too much for the voices to refuse however, agreeing to his terms with a word of warning:

K̸̦̓̈́n̷̅o̶̍͝w̵͗͒ ̵̣̏t̴͊h̸͊͊i̴̩̐s̷͖̈́͒,̵̥̑ ̷͎̉l̷̈́ị̶̀̆f̵̼̊͐e̸̓̓b̶̋r̴̖̐͋i̷͎̎̿n̵̐g̸̭͑ẹ̴̔͝r̴͋.̸ ͂͘ ̸̓͐T̷̓h̶͝ḛ̴̐ ̶̛̽c̴̻͊͆ȍ̶̑n̷̬̈̐s̶̩͗e̵͂̏q̶͒ủ̵̫ȅ̵n̷͔͑c̷͂͒e̶̓ ̺ ̸̫̐̒o̴͋f̵̀̉ͅ ̸̄c̷͛͆o̷̼̾̃r̵̾r̷̫̅u̵͗p̴̅̔ţ̷̽͘ĭ̵̔n̷̫͛ģ̴̿̾ ̵̇a̴͠ ̸̚̚ͅg̶̀͘ǫ̴͒̂d̵̋ ̶̱͐̕i̵̽̈́s̶̍̔ ̴͚́ȧ̷̺ ̵̩͌̚f̸̄à̵͍̒t̴́e̷͂ ̵̦͘w̷͖̎ȏ̸̡̎r̵͓̓͠s̵̔͂è̶̈́ ̷̏͋t̴̊̀h̷͖̅̕á̶n̷̗͑ ̶͛̔͜d̶̚e̵̥̓ä̵̡́t̶̚h̵̚.̷̛̣̽

You wonder if being chosen was a mercy as the Mindbender tosses his silver umbra in the flame, receiving a strange, shadowy in exchange. The pyre peters out as quick as that, the gasps of countless evil spirits silenced with it. The Mindbender grins at his prize, its red glow distorting his facial features. “Release the core and cells,” he commands at once. Several of the hunters wordlessly comply, the gelatinous worms spilling out in every direction. The Galarian mare effortlessly scoops them into a ball with her Psychic powers, dangling them ahead of the mindbender who had the ancient cube outstretched. The proximity seems to trigger something in the relic, pulsating wildly until it swallowed the mass of struggling cells like a black hole. Red sparks were dancing up and down its surface, the intense concentration of energy enough to burn the Mindbender’s fingers, releasing his grasp while his steed whinnied and bucked. The relic seemed to shake like a Pokeball, soon enough coming to a complete stop the corruption a success – confirming this hunch, the beast returns to the forest clearing in a flash of crimson. The hellhound had a wild snarl on its face, letting loose a bloodcurdling howl which threatened to shatter your mind.

À̵̺͌W̶̙̲̐̈́Ó̶̻̈́̚͝Ȍ̶̒O̵̧̢̮̰͝Ŏ̸̀̂Ö̴̥͚́͋̒O̶̤̬̽͐ͅ

The Ancient Feywood

You come to in a stretch of wood that feels strangely older than time. The ethereal trees were less packed than in the Glades, more than making up for it in sheer size with trunks as tall and thickset as skyscrapers. It was daylight again, the pinkish-blue sky painted with streaks of fluffy cloud. How long had you been under this time? It was impossible to hazard a guess but this slight rousing came with a feeling of finality. Last you recalled you were heading to the domain of the Aura Breaker itself, the Mindbender’s hold now starting to slip as you closed proximity. You were still spellbound to allegiance but could feel your usual self attempting to scratch free from the subconscious. While your host had been devastatingly thinned, with your Pokemon by your side you formed a small battalion – there was a whole army of powerful creatures on the field besides your own: Armaldo, Kommo-O, Kabutops, Grimmsnarl, Haxorus and Yanmega to name a few. None looked so menacing as the Shadow Zygarde to your flank, the abomination sniffing out feverishly for its do-good doppelganger.

“Brother Xander, sister Yancy, have your Pokemon scout the skies for sign of the Aura Breaker.” The Mindbender commands, “Ready your squads for battle – we are in its lands now, the wellspring of all life in the Cradle.”

Last edited by Emp; 08-17-2020 at 12:22 AM.
Old 08-17-2020, 03:24 AM   #418
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Unknown Location

TheKnightsFury: The technicolour pyre lashes wildly at the starry night sky. Before the fire your skin glows red, orange, yellow but also green, blue, indigo and violet. Every eye reflects the flickering, each iris containing a small picture of the enchanted embers; it was hard to imagine their vibrant colour came as such a dark omen. The idea a man known as the Lifebringer would slay your company so wantonly was just as nonsensical. If he was the herald of life perhaps life was overrated – with a shift from one hopeless situation to the next death had never felt so close, you decide it might be time to embrace its cold arms.

“I’d sooner see that madman in the pyre, if he weren’t so yellow belly to face me without his magic”, Lilev spits, “But there’s no chance one of you young’uns is dying today – spare the lads and take me.” The wider camp were mumbling in agreement, triggering several more to offer themselves up in place of the greener guildmembers. There was an unwinnable back and forth therein, no one particularly wanting to offer up their life nor live with the guilt of allowing someone else to. It was an impossible situation that would likely take hours to resolve – unfortunately, the Mindbender would not be so patient.

SILENCE!” he snaps, letting his calm slip for the first time. “Even in the face of death you Hunters cannot help yourselves – you think yourselves worthy of putting a price on life, even now between each other – yet you squabble and allow self-righteousness to cloud your judgement. You must see why the Cradle would be better off rid of your kind – why I must wash this land of its sin.” The Mindbender paced horseback around the fire, flipping a silver coin in contemplation.

“I will show you mercy this once though – if only to ease the fragile minds of those who survive. You who are willing, step forward instead.” He wasn’t talking to you; legs spellbound it seemed you were needed for some greater purpose. Thirteen others step forward like Wooloo to the slaughter – some new faces, some the stubborn same. It seemed Ammorith would live to die another day, his mentor offering herself up in place. For just a moment Lilev’s unshakable bravery slips, stealing a final look at her mentor with tears streaming down her face.

“You have been like a son to me, kid. I will always-“ The final words fail to escape her lips, for her soul was ripped clean from its vessel. You half expected them to walk straight into the fire and burn alive, but the Mindbender spares you this image at least as his Grimmsnarl assumes the role of executioner, Breaking their Spirits in a way no regular Pokemon could. The waifs of energy seem to ebb from the chosens’ heart centre into the magical pyre, each releasing a scream as they fuelled it to a roaring inferno. The bodies drop lifelessly to the ground, thinning out the prison camp a good third. There was no time to mourn the immeasurable loss, the ritual was just getting started.

Life becomes death, death becomes life...” the Mindbender chanted, over and over. Soon enough voices on the other side joined his chorus, demonic shadows appearing in the flaming vortex, more terrifying than anything that had come before. “I have come to make a deal.” He starts, flashing the ancient coin, “I wish to corrupt the being known as the Aura Breaker. I have gathered a collection of its essence - the cores and cells which it uses to scout these lands - and mean to face it in its domain to finish the rest.” Hundreds of voices from the netherworld groaned in unison; it was a tall order with dire consequences, even for them. The temptation of such chaos and imbalance is all too much for the voices to refuse however, agreeing to his terms with a word of warning:

K̸̦̓̈́n̷̅o̶̍͝w̵͗͒ ̵̣̏t̴͊h̸͊͊i̴̩̐s̷͖̈́͒,̵̥̑ ̷͎̉l̷̈́ị̶̀̆f̵̼̊͐e̸̓̓b̶̋r̴̖̐͋i̷͎̎̿n̵̐g̸̭͑ẹ̴̔͝r̴͋.̸ ͂͘ ̸̓͐T̷̓h̶͝ḛ̴̐ ̶̛̽c̴̻͊͆ȍ̶̑n̷̬̈̐s̶̩͗e̵͂̏q̶͒ủ̵̫ȅ̵n̷͔͑c̷͂͒e̶̓ ̺ ̸̫̐̒o̴͋f̵̀̉ͅ ̸̄c̷͛͆o̷̼̾̃r̵̾r̷̫̅u̵͗p̴̅̔ţ̷̽͘ĭ̵̔n̷̫͛ģ̴̿̾ ̵̇a̴͠ ̸̚̚ͅg̶̀͘ǫ̴͒̂d̵̋ ̶̱͐̕i̵̽̈́s̶̍̔ ̴͚́ȧ̷̺ ̵̩͌̚f̸̄à̵͍̒t̴́e̷͂ ̵̦͘w̷͖̎ȏ̸̡̎r̵͓̓͠s̵̔͂è̶̈́ ̷̏͋t̴̊̀h̷͖̅̕á̶n̷̗͑ ̶͛̔͜d̶̚e̵̥̓ä̵̡́t̶̚h̵̚.̷̛̣̽

You wonder if being chosen was a mercy as the Mindbender tosses his silver umbra in the flame, receiving a strange, shadowy in exchange. The pyre peters out as quick as that, the gasps of countless evil spirits silenced with it. The Mindbender grins at his prize, its red glow distorting his facial features. “Release the core and cells,” he commands at once. Several of the hunters wordlessly comply, the gelatinous worms spilling out in every direction. The Galarian mare effortlessly scoops them into a ball with her Psychic powers, dangling them ahead of the mindbender who had the ancient cube outstretched. The proximity seems to trigger something in the relic, pulsating wildly until it swallowed the mass of struggling cells like a black hole. Red sparks were dancing up and down its surface, the intense concentration of energy enough to burn the Mindbender’s fingers, releasing his grasp while his steed whinnied and bucked. The relic seemed to shake like a Pokeball, soon enough coming to a complete stop the corruption a success – confirming this hunch, the beast returns to the forest clearing in a flash of crimson. The hellhound had a wild snarl on its face, letting loose a bloodcurdling howl which threatened to shatter your mind.

À̵̺͌W̶̙̲̐̈́Ó̶̻̈́̚͝Ȍ̶̒O̵̧̢̮̰͝Ŏ̸̀̂Ö̴̥͚́͋̒O̶̤̬̽͐ͅ

The Ancient Feywood

You come to in a stretch of wood that feels strangely older than time. The ethereal trees were less packed than in the Glades, more than making up for it in sheer size with trunks as tall and thickset as skyscrapers. It was daylight again, the pinkish-blue sky painted with streaks of fluffy cloud. How long had you been under this time? It was impossible to hazard a guess but this slight rousing came with a feeling of finality. Last you recalled you were heading to the domain of the Aura Breaker itself, the Mindbender’s hold now starting to slip as you closed proximity. You were still spellbound to allegiance but could feel your usual self attempting to scratch free from the subconscious. While your host had been devastatingly thinned, with your Pokemon by your side you formed a small battalion – there was a whole army of powerful creatures on the field besides your own: Armaldo, Kommo-O, Kabutops, Grimmsnarl, Haxorus and Yanmega to name a few. None looked so menacing as the Shadow Zygarde to your flank, the abomination sniffing out feverishly for its do-good doppelganger.

“Brother Xander, sister Yancy, have your Pokemon scout the skies for sign of the Aura Breaker.” The Mindbender commands, “Ready your squads for battle – we are in its lands now, the wellspring of all life in the Cradle.”
It seemed Xander wasn't the only one to offer up his life. Lilev was next to speak up, shortly after, a handful of other Hunters joined her. The show of free will was not appreciated by the Mindbender....

Disgruntled, the Mindbender gave them the opportunity to decide who the thirteen sacrifices would be, but Xander found himself locked in place. Why wouldn't the warrior let him offer up himself? Before Xander could question further, Grimmsnarl made its move, breaking the Spirits of the sacrificed. It was horrifying to watch, their bodies falling lifeless to the ground. The Mindbender conducted his ritual, empowered by the dark magic, he used a Silver Umbra to create a Shadow Zygarde Cube. The cells and core were released and with the cube, the Minderbender was able to summon a Shadow Zygarde! The hell hound looked fearsome, but Xander couldn't help but feel it was..... incomplete.

Xander had passed out due to the creature's tremendous roar. When he finally came to, his surroundings were much different. It seemed otherworldly, ethereal trees, a pinkish-blue sky, where the hell were they now?! Xander could still feel the restraints of the Rapidash's Hypnosis, although part of him was still resisting trying to break through. He was filled with joy to see his Pokemon around him, although he knew Rapidash was likely restricting them as well. With the Mindbender and the other Hunters, they had a small army of powerful Pokemon at their disposal and it seemed they were on the hunt. Mindbender wanted seemed to want the real Aura Breaker, despite him having obtained his own Shadow version. So his plan wasn't entirely complete? Xander had a feeling this wouldn't just be a case of Shadow Zygarde vs Zygarde, maybe Mindbender wanted to spread the corruption? He also hadn't given up hope on Lilev and the other sacrificed hunters. Grimmsnarl had taken their souls, but was it much different to what Dusknoir had done to him? Perhaps there was a way to save their souls, perhaps there wasn't, but Xander would do his best to try.

For now though, he had a tasked and he was compelled to obey. "Corvisquire, Dreepy, sweep the forest, keep an eye out for ANYTHING of interest", Xander gave the orders he was meant to, but did his best to do so in a way that might give them a glimmer of hope. Anything could be anything. It could be signs of the Aura Breaker like the Mindbender wanted, or it could be something or someone that could help them. Empoleon and Ivysaur weren't as suited to scouting, but Xander felt like they'd find use soon.

Old 08-17-2020, 05:11 AM   #419
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Emp- You make your way over towards the terrified native woman. Meanwhile, Ty and Tyranitar make their way around, checking on the rest of the statue-like researchers and workers. The woman doesn't seem to shy away when she sees you approach, that's a good sign. Any information she had would likely prove useful, being native as well meant that she'd likely be knowledgeable about the Cradle and the shaman's connection to it. You introduce yourself, Ty as well, slipping in a little joke to help break the ice.

"Shay-Naira", the woman replies, "but most just call me Shay." Her accent was thick but she seemed to have a strong grasp of the common tongue. "I heard you reading the journal, you read about the story I told her, the story about him." You continue to press, asking for any useful information about the seemingly revived Shaman. "I pleaded for them not to break the seal. When they did, at first everything was fine. The Shaman just stood there, just like they are now. If I was to guess, I would say that he somehow froze his body when he became entombed, but once the seal was broken, he took the opportunity to break free." If the Shaman had been frozen like the researchers and workers were now, then surely that meant they were still alive?

"Hey kid", Ty shouts, "this one just blinked!" Well that was a relief! It would probably take some time for the Shaman's magic to wear off, but it seemed like they'd all be okay. That wasn't the main issue here though, the main issue was the powerful, Pokemon abusing Shaman who was likely bent on vengeance!

"Praise the Guardians", Shay cries, tears running down her face. "There's more. I hid once the seal was broken, the Shaman never saw me. He spoke as he exited the cave, spoke like a man driven to insanity. He wasn't talking in complete sentences, his words barely fit together. One word he said more than others though, 'Temple'. There is only one place he could be going, the Old King's Temple, many powerful artefacts from the Cradle's past are kept there, among them are the weapons bestowed upon the young heroes which were used to seal the Shaman away. He could be after them, he could be after something else, I can't be sure. Sorry I couldn't be of more help."

Old 08-19-2020, 06:45 PM   #420
Emp
Volcano Badge

Yanmega Arboreal Cradle - 25

The Ancient Feywood

TheKnightsFury: With the nefarious plot unfolding before your eyes, there was nothing for it but to play your part. You were a warrior of life now, a creed you would perhaps take to your grave; traversing the godswood with the intent of slaying its guardian, death never felt so close. You command Dreepy and Corvisquire to search the skies while Empoleon and Ivysaur brace for any trouble below. The living spy planes return from their reconnaissance a while later, the Rapidash scanning their minds for readings and reporting back to the Mindbender.

“Fascinating. There are four more like this one spread out across the perimeter.” he remarks, gesturing at his incomplete Zygarde, “Just as it scours the lands with a percentile of its power – it will not come out to fight in full force unless it has to. This will be its undoing – by spreading its defence so thin we will have the opportunity to add more of its power to our own.” The doppelganger seemed to like the sound of that, yapping feverishly as it made ready to chase.

“We must fan out quickly, half of you follow brother Xander to the Zygarde in the west while the rest follow sister Yancy to the one in the east. I will face the two in the north alone.” The Mindbender must have been confident in his abilities to best two of the mutts singlehandedly, although he did have a Zygarde of his own onside. Without question you allow Dreepy to set course like an arrow to the western bearing, a handful of hunters at your flank. Ammorith was among your faction while the others you didn’t know by name, not the sort of formality necessary in an inventory of hiveminds. Battling alongside them would be an assortment of heavy hitters including Kommo-O, Armaldo, Seviper, Alolan Marowak, Zebstrika and Scolipede. It would stand to reason your combined strength would have no problem taking on just a fraction of the protector’s might.

Splitting off from the mystic madman brings a subconscious pang of relief, although even as you stepped away his grip does nothing to slack. The steed seemed to be doubling down on her hypnotic hold for this critical stage of the mission. Minutes roll by as you venture deeper into the tangled heart of the primeval forest, recalling your hunting lesson from a lifetime ago as you pay close attention to the ebb and flows of the surrounds. You spot a few luminescent Morelull bobbing in the shadows of the underbrush, while Togetic and Togekiss flocked in the giant baobab trees, filling the air with song. What wildlife you do encounter seemed to be migrating away from your heading, a sign you were drawing close…

You’re given no warning as the ground beneath you begins to give way, bursts of energy exploding out from the underbrush knocking most of the faction off its feet! The Land’s Wrath had come from the forest’s protector itself, a green canine entering the scene with fangs bared. The lets out a valiant howl before vanishing as quick as it had arrived, its hexagonal scales disappearing one by one signalling activation of its Camouflage. Not intent on fleeing the scene, the Zygarde uses its cover to rush your inventory with Extreme Speed in efforts to pick them off one by one – Zebstrika reeling from the surprise attack. It was hard to tell who was ambushing who with the legendary gaining one up so fast. While you would give anything to switch sides, even with the Aura Breaker in your midst its current form isn’t potent enough to uncloud your mind. With the Mindbender’s hold too overwhelming, you’re compelled to give this battle your all and use whatever dirty tactics it takes to synch victory.
Old 08-20-2020, 04:09 AM   #421
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:
The Ancient Feywood

TheKnightsFury: With the nefarious plot unfolding before your eyes, there was nothing for it but to play your part. You were a warrior of life now, a creed you would perhaps take to your grave; traversing the godswood with the intent of slaying its guardian, death never felt so close. You command Dreepy and Corvisquire to search the skies while Empoleon and Ivysaur brace for any trouble below. The living spy planes return from their reconnaissance a while later, the Rapidash scanning their minds for readings and reporting back to the Mindbender.

“Fascinating. There are four more like this one spread out across the perimeter.” he remarks, gesturing at his incomplete Zygarde, “Just as it scours the lands with a percentile of its power – it will not come out to fight in full force unless it has to. This will be its undoing – by spreading its defence so thin we will have the opportunity to add more of its power to our own.” The doppelganger seemed to like the sound of that, yapping feverishly as it made ready to chase.

“We must fan out quickly, half of you follow brother Xander to the Zygarde in the west while the rest follow sister Yancy to the one in the east. I will face the two in the north alone.” The Mindbender must have been confident in his abilities to best two of the mutts singlehandedly, although he did have a Zygarde of his own onside. Without question you allow Dreepy to set course like an arrow to the western bearing, a handful of hunters at your flank. Ammorith was among your faction while the others you didn’t know by name, not the sort of formality necessary in an inventory of hiveminds. Battling alongside them would be an assortment of heavy hitters including Kommo-O, Armaldo, Seviper, Alolan Marowak, Zebstrika and Scolipede. It would stand to reason your combined strength would have no problem taking on just a fraction of the protector’s might.

Splitting off from the mystic madman brings a subconscious pang of relief, although even as you stepped away his grip does nothing to slack. The steed seemed to be doubling down on her hypnotic hold for this critical stage of the mission. Minutes roll by as you venture deeper into the tangled heart of the primeval forest, recalling your hunting lesson from a lifetime ago as you pay close attention to the ebb and flows of the surrounds. You spot a few luminescent Morelull bobbing in the shadows of the underbrush, while Togetic and Togekiss flocked in the giant baobab trees, filling the air with song. What wildlife you do encounter seemed to be migrating away from your heading, a sign you were drawing close…

You’re given no warning as the ground beneath you begins to give way, bursts of energy exploding out from the underbrush knocking most of the faction off its feet! The Land’s Wrath had come from the forest’s protector itself, a green canine entering the scene with fangs bared. The lets out a valiant howl before vanishing as quick as it had arrived, its hexagonal scales disappearing one by one signalling activation of its Camouflage. Not intent on fleeing the scene, the Zygarde uses its cover to rush your inventory with Extreme Speed in efforts to pick them off one by one – Zebstrika reeling from the surprise attack. It was hard to tell who was ambushing who with the legendary gaining one up so fast. While you would give anything to switch sides, even with the Aura Breaker in your midst its current form isn’t potent enough to uncloud your mind. With the Mindbender’s hold too overwhelming, you’re compelled to give this battle your all and use whatever dirty tactics it takes to synch victory.
Zygarde, they had to find Zygarde. Xander ploughed through the terrain, feverishly tracking the fractured Guardian. His troops followed him without question, just as he followed the will of Rapidash without question. He wanted to question though, he could still feel part of himself tearing at him, screaming at him to break from his task. Try as that part might, it couldn't overwhelm the hold that Rapidash had on him.

Suddenly the hunters became the hunted. The wrathful Zygarde revealed itself with a powerful display of strength, vanishing moments later as it camouflaged into its surroundings. As they blindly looked around for the Guardian, it through itself at them, moving with Extreme Speed. A powerful blow left Zebstrika reeling, they needed to take up a defensive position while they worked out a way to overwhelm Zygarde. "Form a circle around me, hold the line until I come up with a plan." Xander ordered his troops into formation, shielding himself and his Pokemon. He was in charge, he was charged with bringing Zygarde to heel, he should be protected. "Fire type moves at the ready, set the forest ablaze", Xander set the troops to task. "Corvisquire Heat Wave, Dreepy lend a Helping Hand." He hoped the forest would burn like any other. Not only would the destruction anger the Guardian, forcing it to act rashly, he hoped that the smoke would reveal its position to them. "The rest of you keep your eyes on the smoke, be ready to attack one you spot it. Empoleon prepare an Ice Beam, Ivysaur a Nature Power." This place was heavy with Fairy Energy, he was sure Nature Power would benefit from that. Xander would do anything to complete their mission.

Old 08-21-2020, 10:50 AM   #422
King Ghidorah
Rainbow Badge

Quote:

King Ghidorah- With two Pokemon down and the Bittercold proving a true terror to deal with, you choose your next two Pokemon wisely. Piloswine was raring to go, well equipped to handle the Bittercold and while he was exposed defensively, Hakamo-o possessed a powerful arsenal to fight the Guardian with. The threat in front of them seemed to awaken something within them as well, as both took the opportunity to evolve! Now a Mamoswine and a Kommo-o, surely you stood a better chance now?

Kyurem meets the newly evolved Pokemon with a Noble Roar, reducing the attacking potential of your Pokemon as they prepare to launch into battle. Salazzle is left waiting while Mamoswine prepares to Endure whatever Kyurem throws at it, while Kommo-o tries to overcome Kyurem's tactics with a Dragon Dance. With the pair busy, Kyurem turns its focus to Salazzle, who'd been a bit of a thorn in its side. It fires glowing stones at the lizard, its Ancient Power proving devastating as Salazzle does her best to avoid the attack. Her limbs were tightening, the cold restricting her movement, she could feel the energy flooding from her body. Thankfully her friends are on the attack now, Mamoswine launching a Mud Bomb that doesn't strike where desired, popping on Kyurem's back as opposed to its face. Rubbing its scales together, Kommo-o shakes Kyurem with a Clanging Scales, made all the more powerful thanks to a Helping Hand from Salazzle.

Having been playing support for most of the battle, Salazzle rushes in on the offensive. Leaping through the air, she swings her tail around to strike Kyurem with a Breaking Swipe! The Super Effective attack connects, but Salazzle has landed herself in a dangerous position. Kyurem grins as it stomps its feet once more. Salazzle knows whats coming, but is helpless as she lands back on the cavern floor just as the Earth Power erupts beneath her. The reptile lets out a tremendous cry, soaring backwards Kommo-o catches the unconscious Salazzle before she hits the ground.

Salazzle is unable to battle! Salazzle gained 2 levels!

As Mamoswine rushes forward, Kommo-o places Salazzle down and begins to gather energy between his hands. A Superpower from Mamoswine manages to knock Kyurem on its side, although Mamoswine feels his strength fade after the attack. While Kyurem is scrambling to regain its feet, Kommo-o launches the Draco Meteor into the air. The projectiles arcs upwards, gathering speed and energy before crashing down on Kyurem for yet another Super Effective hit. Kyurem regains its feet, the Guardian isn't looking as invulnerable as before, but its still far from beaten. It drives Mamoswine back with a Dragon Pulse before bringing a giant Icicle Crashing down upon Kommo-o, the Dragon manages to avoid a direct hit but even the partial blow is quite painful for him. As Kommo-o feels the effects of the Bittercold for the first time, Kyurem's tail begins to charge up once more. Yet another Fusion Flare on the way?!
Hugo’s heart raced with anticipation. Kyurem was beginning to show some signs of vulnerability. Bisharp, Scizor and Salazzle had been lost, but Kommo-o and Mamoswine were proving to be a formidable duo. But Kommo-o wasn’t going to last much longer in the bittercold without some sort of intervention. Hugo quickly sprayed Kommo-o with a slightly frozen Full Restore and after a bit of deliberating, applied one of the pots of Heat Balm across its tough scales.

Hugo realized he only had one heat balm left. He also only had one additional Pokemon left. He laughed to himself, thinking of the partner who had yet to be released into battle, thinking about how his fate may be left in the hands of…

Mr. Mime!

He tossed a Pokeball and the tap dancing Ice clown appeared with a flourish. Certainly poetic irony. But not much time to dwell as Kyurem’s tail began to blaze for another Fusion Flare, which would spell doom for Ice-typed Mr. Mime and Mamoswine. Though he hoped Mamoswine would be insulated from the flame, at least to some extent, with it’s Thick Fat.

“Mr. Mime! Use Protect! Then throw up a Light Screen and Reflect!”

“Kommo-o, Mamoswine! GO FOR THE TAIL! Knock it off course with Sky Uppercut and tamp out the flame with Mud Bomb! Mamoswine, smash the tail with Stone Edge and crush it with Superpower! [b] Kommo-o, use another Dragon Dance and slam it with Iron Head!”

Despite the adrenaline coursing through his veins, Hugo could feel the cold invading his body. He knew this would end soon…one way or another.
Old 08-22-2020, 01:11 AM   #423
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

King Ghidorah- With Kommo-o already looking worn down, you decide to bolster it with a Full Restore, also applying a Heat Balm to help ward off the effects of the Bittercold. While you're busy doing that though, Kyurem finishes charging its attack. Its attack that isn't a Fusion Flare! Kyurem releases an ultracold blast of ice towards Mamoswine! Even the Mamoswine's Thick Fat isn't enough to insulate it against the incredibly powerful attack, which is so cold that it leaves Mamoswine with Burns all over its body. The release of energy sees Kyurem revert back to its original form.

As Mamoswine struggles to shake off the tremendous blow, you release your final Pokemon from its ball. Mr Mime is thrown into the thick of it. Kyurem swings its bulky tail around with a Breaking Swipe. Thankfully the crafty Psychic type is quick to through up a Protective barrier! It manages to shield itself from the wide spread attack, although the same cannot be said for Mamoswine and Kommo-o who both take the full force of the attack. Their strength is sapped away from them, but they rise to continue fighting. Taking aim at the tail that just struck them, Kommo-o lurches forward, swinging upward at it with a Super Effective uppercut while Mamoswine peppers it with a Mud Bomb. While the pair keep up the offensive, Mr Mime gets to work setting up some defences. With practised waves of its hands, the Psychic type quickly establishes a Light Screen and a Reflect, hope to weaken the blows that Kyurem was dealing out.

A Stone Edge from Mamoswine isn't as strong as it would hope due to the burn and attack drop, but the attack is effective and manages to keep the Guardian distracted. Kommo-o works itself up with a Dragon Dance, helping to counter the effects of the Breaking Swipe. With the Heat Balm and Dragon Dance putting some energy back into his limbs, Kommo-o dashes forward, slamming into Kyurem with an Iron Head! Mamoswine follows with a Superpower, which deals a good chunk of damage, but leaves Mamoswine vulnerable, even with Mr Mime setting up defences....

It isn't Mamoswine that Kyurem decides to target next though.

You think your balm can protect you from the cold? The Bittercold is nothing compared to me!

KYYYYYYYYYYYYYRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Kyurem lets out a tremendous screech, raising its head towards the ceiling before bring it down mere feet from Kommo-o. It bellows a cloud of unimaginable Cold, the Sheer power of it was staggering. Mamoswine and Mr Mime are caught on the edge of the attack, but seem unaffected. Kommo-o is not so lucky. The Heat Balm was useless, even Mr Mime's screens prove useless against the attack, which seems to freeze Kommo-o from the inside out. The Dragon doesn't collapse, instead it stands there like a statue, frozen solid with every ounce of energy drained from its body. Kyurem's power was truly terrifying!

Kommo-o is unable to battle! Kommo-o gained 3 levels!

Old 08-24-2020, 10:38 AM   #424
King Ghidorah
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
King Ghidorah- With Kommo-o already looking worn down, you decide to bolster it with a Full Restore, also applying a Heat Balm to help ward off the effects of the Bittercold. While you're busy doing that though, Kyurem finishes charging its attack. Its attack that isn't a Fusion Flare! Kyurem releases an ultracold blast of ice towards Mamoswine! Even the Mamoswine's Thick Fat isn't enough to insulate it against the incredibly powerful attack, which is so cold that it leaves Mamoswine with Burns all over its body. The release of energy sees Kyurem revert back to its original form.

As Mamoswine struggles to shake off the tremendous blow, you release your final Pokemon from its ball. Mr Mime is thrown into the thick of it. Kyurem swings its bulky tail around with a Breaking Swipe. Thankfully the crafty Psychic type is quick to through up a Protective barrier! It manages to shield itself from the wide spread attack, although the same cannot be said for Mamoswine and Kommo-o who both take the full force of the attack. Their strength is sapped away from them, but they rise to continue fighting. Taking aim at the tail that just struck them, Kommo-o lurches forward, swinging upward at it with a Super Effective uppercut while Mamoswine peppers it with a Mud Bomb. While the pair keep up the offensive, Mr Mime gets to work setting up some defences. With practised waves of its hands, the Psychic type quickly establishes a Light Screen and a Reflect, hope to weaken the blows that Kyurem was dealing out.

A Stone Edge from Mamoswine isn't as strong as it would hope due to the burn and attack drop, but the attack is effective and manages to keep the Guardian distracted. Kommo-o works itself up with a Dragon Dance, helping to counter the effects of the Breaking Swipe. With the Heat Balm and Dragon Dance putting some energy back into his limbs, Kommo-o dashes forward, slamming into Kyurem with an Iron Head! Mamoswine follows with a Superpower, which deals a good chunk of damage, but leaves Mamoswine vulnerable, even with Mr Mime setting up defences....

It isn't Mamoswine that Kyurem decides to target next though.

You think your balm can protect you from the cold? The Bittercold is nothing compared to me!

KYYYYYYYYYYYYYRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Kyurem lets out a tremendous screech, raising its head towards the ceiling before bring it down mere feet from Kommo-o. It bellows a cloud of unimaginable Cold, the Sheer power of it was staggering. Mamoswine and Mr Mime are caught on the edge of the attack, but seem unaffected. Kommo-o is not so lucky. The Heat Balm was useless, even Mr Mime's screens prove useless against the attack, which seems to freeze Kommo-o from the inside out. The Dragon doesn't collapse, instead it stands there like a statue, frozen solid with every ounce of energy drained from its body. Kyurem's power was truly terrifying!

Kommo-o is unable to battle! Kommo-o gained 3 levels!
Hugo was stunned. Kommo-o, though still breathing, was frozen in his tracks. Hugo, in his stupor, recalled the Dragon-type to its Pokeball, hoping it would thaw.

Sheer Cold. It seemed to be a near death sentence. He had that final revival herb, sure, but Kommo-o, Scizor, Bisharp, and Salazzle were too exposed. If the bittercold didn’t sap away their strength, Kyurem’s Sheer Cold would take them out in the blink of an eye. It didn’t seem to bother Mr. Mime or Mamoswine though.

The lightbulb went off.

“MR. MIME! NOW! USE ENCORE! USE ENCORE! QUICK! NOW! BEFORE HE MAKES ANOTHER MOVE!”

If Hugo could keep Kyurem using Sheer Cold on Mamoswine and Mr. Mime, it could be the opening he needed.

“Follow it up with DRAIN PUNCH! AND DAZZLING GLEAM!

Mamoswine was worse for wear, it’s burn clearly taking its toll despite the protection from Thick Fat. Hugo didn’t know how much longer he would be able to go on, so he needed to make the most of these moments.

“Mamoswine, use Hail!”

Why? Mr. Mime had an Ice Body, of course.

“Then go for Flail”

His attack was weakened, though Hugo hoped the damage he had taken would strengthen the power of the Flail. But perhaps he should go for Special attacks instead?

“Then Ancient Power! Use Ancient Power!”

Hugo suddenly noticed he was losing feeling in his own limbs. The heat of the battle, the rush of adrenaline, could only protect him for so long. He knew what he had to do, even if he didn’t want to do it.

He pulled the final Heat Balm from his pack and rubbed it into his own skin. Hopefully this would help. And hopefully the Encore would connect…
Old 08-25-2020, 05:16 PM   #425
Connor
Flashbacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
Connor: While you weren't normally one to heed your Pancham's suggestions, the desperation on the face of Cain and the intensifying monsoon all but forced your hand as you make for the recess behind the waterfall, to Marco's excitement and Sophie's chagrin. Shielding the Gligar from the downpour, you're at least somewhat thankful that your helmet protects you from being utterly drenched even as you squeeze behind the roaring falls, and as you and your group enter the recess, you're not too surprised to find that the bits of cobble indeed have turned into a path heading into a cave. What's definitely odd though is the fact that the cave itself seems well lit, with numerous mushrooms and plants providing bioluminescence, but before you can opt to stay put and wait for the storm to pass you by, movement catches the fighting type's eye and he darts off after it before you can make a move. Once more your hand's forced as you chase after the panda, but it only takes a minute or two before you catch up to him, and what stopped him.

Hidden behind the falls, you find yourself looking at the entrance to some sort of subterranean temple, covered in fairly thick vines, and from the looks of things a statue of some description beyond it. The vines seem fairly sturdy and don't budge too easily, but appear to be somewhat soft and shouldn't be too tough to chop through, and the Pancham seems very eager to explore this strange place. Sophie meanwhile doesn't seem too thrilled, though the living jellybean seems to be focusing on something beyond the statue. What's your plan?
Sweeney immediately feels an apprehensive suspicion on witnessing what lay behind the waterfall. Sophie clearly shared this sentiment, the telekinetic connection between the pair grumbling with static annoyance. Cain leans towards excited chattering of Marco, but is understandably a little uncertain, having taken perch on his trainers helmet while gazing around these strange new surroundings. Just as Sweeney had begun to get his bearings in what he assumed to be the beginnings of a cave system, something caught the eye of Marco, his dynamic vision working well to further undermine his trainer. The Pancham is off like a shot, and with a splayed gait Sweeney gives chase, barely managing to right himself as the slick cobbles betray his footing.

As the group come to a stop, Sweeney is bewildered. His previous expectation seemed starkly off base now, as he stood face to face with a temple of sorts. Age had not been kind to the stone, blanketing it with thickened vines. Testing the strength of the foliage, the Bartender came to the quick realisation that Cain could make short work of the blockade - but Sophie was adamantly voicing apprehension. Certainly not unfounded, considering the circumstances. Still, the mischievous glint in the eyes of Marco was unmistakable - he was going to follow through with this investigation whether Sweeney was there or not, and for the sake of safety it would probably be best if Sweeney tagged along. Well, for the safety of the Pancham, anyway. Much less his trainer. With some reluctance, Sweeney relays orders to Cain and Marco.

"Alright guys, these vines have to go first. Marco, hit them with a Breaking Swipe - Cain, you attack with Fury Cutter."

Their instructions given, Sweeney steps beyond the point of no return. These ruins weren't about to explore themselves.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records