UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 09-30-2016, 09:27 PM   #451
rotomotorz
Think ye can take me?

I think IVs were already in the game but now there's a way to roughly know what they are. Why they're in is probably to make it faithful to the games in that aspect
{======|_|""T""|_|""r""|_|""a""|_|""i""|_|""n""|
/o--000'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'
Squad Summary

rotomotorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 11:16 PM   #452
deoxys
Fog Badge

IVs in Pokemon Go are seriously nothing like in the games. There is some minor math involved that makes your screen tapping skills slightly stronger.

Unlike in the main games, it's not like they have a serious effect. While it's definitely a noticeable effect, however minor, any match can be won with the right Pokemon if you're tapping and swiping faster. You know, depth!
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 08:30 PM   #453
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Today went pretty well. Hatched a decent Shellder which I evolved into a Cloyster with far higher CP than my previous Cloyster. Got two of my Pokémon into Gyms, collected a nice defender bonus from that. Made it to level 25! Got me some Max Potions from that. And as I was getting close to wrapping up my walk, just heading home, I see a freaking Onix in Sightings. Needless to say, the walk went on a little longer. Well worth it, though, to get the Pokédex up to 104 seen and caught.
Old 10-02-2016, 02:00 PM   #454
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Well, to start today off, before I even went out on my usual walk, found an Electabuzz in my house. And while on my walk, had an Incense going, and it lured in a Dragonair. Took me a lot of Razz Berries and Ultra Balls, but I got it! Evolved a bunch of stuff too, though Electabuzz and Dragonair were the only new additions to the Pokédex today. Koffing's getting very close to evolving- if I catch and transfer one more Koffing, I'm set! Same deal with my Weepinbell- I'm just one Bellsprout away from finally getting a Victreebel.
Old 10-03-2016, 09:59 PM   #455
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Finally got enough Candy to evolve my Nidorino and Jigglypuff! Oh, yeah, and one more thing- I HAVE A WEEZING!!! Wish I could say the same for Victreebel, but still!
Old 10-04-2016, 12:00 PM   #456
Escalion
Getting married! :D

Send a message via Skype™ to Escalion
Hatched quite a few eggs lately, didn't get much interesting out of it in terms of new Pokémon. But I now do have my first (that I know of) 100% perfect Pokémon. Pity it's a Caterpie, but I'm going to keep it and evolve it all the way up anyways.

Getting close to Level 22 too, and I have plenty of Pidgey to soon be able to use another Lucky Egg to quickly get to Level 23.

It's quite annoying though that Revives and Berries have become a lot rarer than before. Just when I start needing them...
Old 10-06-2016, 04:20 AM   #457
Escalion

So, we're going to get capture rate upgrades in the next update, depending on how many Pokémon of a certain type we've already captured (see serebii). Hope the update comes soon, cause wasting 5 Poké Balls on a freaking 87 CP Pidgey is ridiculous...
Old 10-06-2016, 08:15 AM   #458
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

I already got the gold medal for a bunch of types, including Normal, Bug, Water, Poison (naturally), Psychic (there's a Drowzee nest within range of my house, so yeah), and Flying. So this should really help me out, especially when I try and catch evolution fodder for easy XP. I mean, in what universe should I be having any trouble catching Pidgey and Weedle?
Old 10-06-2016, 11:43 AM   #459
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

I just want my alakazam

Abra nests where
Old 10-06-2016, 02:55 PM   #460
Escalion

I want my Victreebell and Vileplume, but getting the candy for that goes soooooo sloooooow..... T_T
Did hatch three 2 km eggs today again, a Zubat, a Pidgey and a Jigglypuff, of which only the latter is really something I can use towards a Pokémon I don't have yet. Though I'm already getting damn close to a 100 Zubat candy, which will probably be needed by the time Gen 2 comes to Pokémon GO and Crobat becomes available.
Old 10-06-2016, 03:04 PM   #461
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

I've been saving up Zubat Candy for that exact reason, and I'm also trying to hoard Horsea Candy for the same reason. I would also try to hoard Scyther Candy and Onix Candy for the same reason... if I could ever find Scyther and Onix. I've only ever found one of each.
Old 10-06-2016, 03:13 PM   #462
Escalion

Whatever I can get in Horsea candy I save too. Caught a Seadra recently so I don't have to save for that anymore. I have the same problem as you regarding Scyther and Onix though, only ever seen and caught 2 Onix, and never seen a Scyther.

Onix do appear on the radar from time to time though when I'm at home. I have a suspicion of where I could find them too, but while closeby, I don't usually have time to go there in daytime and I don't want to go there at night as there are no street lights there.
Old 10-06-2016, 03:48 PM   #463
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

I've only ever seen two Onix on the radar. One was the one I caught, and I just... could not find the other one. I might eventually set either Onix or Scyther as my buddy Pokémon, but they'd be pretty far down the to-do list, I think. Right now it's my Graveler, and it's gonna stay that way until that Graveler becomes a Golem, and even then, I got a bunch of other Pokémon that are just a few Candy away from evolving, like Meowth and Exeggcute.
Old 10-07-2016, 06:13 AM   #464
Escalion

Well, this is nice

Update announcements follow each other quickly these days. Now Niantic have released a Gym Training update, well rather a statement they're going to update it soon.

It'll be possible to train with a full team of 6 at your own team's Gyms, instead of just 1 Pokémon. And for low-leveled trainers, the CP of the Pokémon training against will be lowered to make sure even a Level 5 trainer with a 500 CP Pokémon can fight to get a spot at a Gym owned by Level 25 trainers with 2000 CP Pokémon.

Great update!
Old 10-07-2016, 02:38 PM   #465
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

So basically training is gonna be a lot easier to do now? Hell, yes!

Today went pretty well. I was able to get Pokémon into three different Gyms, allowing me to collect a huge defender bonus. Two of them got booted out not long after- I'm willing to bet that at least one of those is the work of this one guy from Team Mystic who keeps taking back this one Gym from Team Valor... but anyway, yeah, I was able to collect a defender bonus for three Pokémon at once, so I'm calling that a victory. Also... I hatched a Chansey. And its IVs are amazing! Chansey's got pretty crap CP, though I do remember taking on a Chansey in a Gym once- it was surprisingly annoying to take out even with Pokémon much higher in level. But yeah, even if its IVs weren't this great (perfect HP! ), I'd still be happy, since this is my first Chansey- that's another entry in the Pokédex!
Old 10-09-2016, 12:07 PM   #466
Escalion

Hatched an Aerodactyl (and a Weedle) today!
Second highest CP Pokémon I have at the moment. And I managed to get 2 Pokémon in a Gym, 1 of which I've held the entire weekend already lol. Which honestly doesn't surprise me that much... Been to the city last weekend and in the center, ALL the Gyms (all 6 of them) are help by Mystic, ALL level 10 with 52.000 points on them.
Got really lucky somehow a spot became available at a Gym just outside the center, which already had a few 2.000+ CP Pokémon in them.

I've also managed to stock up on a Berries and Revives, and a few Poké Balls. Very close to level 22 too now, only 1.500 exp needed, so I should get there really soon.
Old 10-09-2016, 01:58 PM   #467
The Morg
Trying to send Christmas cards

Just had a CP 1500 Snorlax appear in the wild. I was prety surprised since I thought I'd have to wait to hatch one, but now suddenly I just caught one normally. It's also now the highest CP of any of my Pokemon. I also saw Electabuzz on the radar, but it never showed up.

I'd really like a way to throw away Eggs. I used to get a good mixture of 2K, 5K, and 10K eggs, but now I only find 5K. It's kind of boring, and I'd just like to get rid of them and keep trying to find more of the other kinds. I do wonder if it's intentional to make people burn through (and re-buy) more Incubators.

*munch munch* | FB Profile
The Morg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 05:46 PM   #468
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Did they put out an update for Go? Because I just noticed today that I have Machamp and Arcanine registered as "seen" in my Pokédex. Never found any in the wild, but I fought them in Gyms earlier today, and I don't recall the Pokédex ever registering Gym Pokémon as "seen" before.

Anyway, hatched a Vulpix today, which I needed for the Pokédex, and caught an Ekans, which when transferred, left me but one Candy away from an Arbok. So I'm walking my Ekans right now, giving Graveler a break.
Old 10-12-2016, 01:11 PM   #469
GrJackass
Night Man

when are they going to add gen 2 omg im dying~

”Fee, fie, foe, fum the End are Near at thou Bobbum. Time me open Bobbum Van trunk, for ruin Bobbum wif Equipmunk.”
GrJackass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 03:15 PM   #470
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escalion View Post
Well, this is nice

Update announcements follow each other quickly these days. Now Niantic have released a Gym Training update, well rather a statement they're going to update it soon.

It'll be possible to train with a full team of 6 at your own team's Gyms, instead of just 1 Pokémon. And for low-leveled trainers, the CP of the Pokémon training against will be lowered to make sure even a Level 5 trainer with a 500 CP Pokémon can fight to get a spot at a Gym owned by Level 25 trainers with 2000 CP Pokémon.

Great update!
Ugh finally. I felt so locked out of the entire Gym system just because I don't play constantly.
Old 10-12-2016, 03:57 PM   #471
Escalion

Same here Shuckle. I really need this update to be able to actually play the participate in the Gym system instead of leeching of open gaps lef by others, which only rarely happens. Right now I have little chance of successfully fighting and winning over a Gym from another team, and if no places are available on a Mystic Gym there's no chance to fight to get a spot. The moment more than one 1500+ CP Pokémon appears I'm screwed, which in my area is means always.

In other news though, hit level 22, saved a bunch of Pidgey and Weedle so I'm close to fulling up half an hour of evolutions for the Lucky Egg. And I used up all my coins that I saved up to buy a bunch of Incubators which in combination with those that I still had mean I now have all nine 5km eggs I have ready to hatch at the same time, which I'll plan to have happen under a Lucky Egg boost too.
Old 10-12-2016, 04:15 PM   #472
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Got the update today, though not until after my walk. Still managed to catch a few things- Pidgey, Drowzee, nothing too special, but enough to convince me that these catch rate bonuses might just make a decent difference. Haven't had the chance to try out training in a Gym since getting the update, hopefully I'll be doing that tomorrow. Though I'm running low on medicine, so I'm not so sure at the moment. Oh- I hatched an Abra with great IVs today, and in the process, scored enough Candy to evolve it into Kadabra. That worked out nicely! So yeah, got Kadabra in the Pokédex now. SO CLOSE to level 26!!!
Old 10-12-2016, 04:21 PM   #473
Talon87
時の彼方へ

The gym proposal sounds like it screws over the 1% in favor of the 90%. I'm for it, both business-wise and utilitarianism-wise, but I do still feel sorry for those top 1% of players who are now going to have to deal with being booted out of their gyms all the time by a Trainer Joey and his Rattata.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 04:26 PM   #474
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

I'm pretty sure the update makes it so the levels are only scaled down when you're training against a Gym belonging to your own team, not when you're trying to take over another team's Gym. I can't see for myself until tomorrow (and even then, hopefully not, since both of the Gyms nearest to me are Valor-owned, with my Blastoise and Lapras helping to guard them), but I'm pretty sure that's how it's supposed to work.
Old 10-12-2016, 04:33 PM   #475
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
I'm pretty sure the update makes it so the levels are only scaled down when you're training against a Gym belonging to your own team, not when you're trying to take over another team's Gym. I can't see for myself until tomorrow (and even then, hopefully not, since both of the Gyms nearest to me are Valor-owned, with my Blastoise and Lapras helping to guard them), but I'm pretty sure that's how it's supposed to work.
I got that, so maybe I'm misunderstanding something else. I thought that when your team controlled a gym and you wanted to join as one of the defenders, you had to have higher CP than the lowest rung on the ladder. I then thought that this update was taking that away, the pro and the con both being that everyone can now partake in gym defense. On re-reading Esca's description, I think I see where I went wrong. It sounds like you can train against weaker versions of your gym's monsters, and that the credentials to be a Gym Defender still haven't changed -- you gotta have at least as much CP as the lowest rung guy or else you can't become one.

Seems like a scenario in which everyone wins. The 1% aren't about to be dethroned by Joeys, but the Joeys now have a reasonable chance to become stronger.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON