UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime

Old 07-13-2013, 03:09 PM   #176
kaisap112
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
No joke? It [GnY full] sounded horrible when I listened to it, though the gratuitous German and low quality is probably what made it incoherent.

It is better stand-alone. Why the heck was it merged into that monstrosity?
I swear I said this before...and I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisap112 View Post
What people seem to have missed is that the band is big on storytelling. Live concerts happen with big orchestra, lots of singers, dancers and active storytelling. Taking Guren no Yumiya as a single like this is kinda like reading one chapter in the middle of a book with no context: it's confusing and annoying. But if you listen to it in the full album, there's a storyline and every song makes sense in it.
GnY-single has three songs on it. A regular Linked Horizon album (=one concert, one story) seems to contain at least 11 songs. We're talking about a really long piece of music here, and picking three songs from that does have the effect of making the combination sound...totally weird.

PS. The new OP also has a small ton of gratuitous German. Just so you know.
Old 07-13-2013, 03:16 PM   #177
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Oh. When I think single, I think of an individual song. I interpreted your post as suggesting that OP2 is the rest of what we collectively heard as the "Guren no Yumiya full" that I posted earlier.

Unless you mean, instead of 3 individual songs, they just strung it together onto one and called it the Guren no Yumiya full?
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 03:19 PM   #178
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Oh. When I think single, I think of an individual song. I interpreted your post as suggesting that OP2 is the rest of what we collectively heard as the "Guren no Yumiya full" that I posted earlier.
You've been plugged into otakudom long enough to know that the Japanese often release "singles" with several tracks on there. :o Pretty much every OP or ED these days is released as what's known as a "single" but comes with several tracks (and not just an instrumental-only version either, I'm talking different songs).
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 03:22 PM   #179
kaisap112
Volcano Badge

Quote:

Unless you mean, instead of 3 individual songs, they just strung it together onto one and called it the Guren no Yumiya full?
By Guren no Yumiya single, I mean the release that includes the songs Guren no Yumiya, [OP2-song] and another song that I can't even read in Japanese. This release, in fact.

Okay, I actually listened to the songs in numerical order. OP1 and OP2 are ONE LONG SONG split into two halves.

Opening 1 & Opening 2 Themes (Jiyu e no Shingeki Single)
OP1 - Guren no Yumiya
OP2 - Jiyuu no Tsubasa

Hopefully that at least somewhat explains things.
Old 07-13-2013, 03:26 PM   #180
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
You've been plugged into otakudom long enough to know that the Japanese often release "singles" with several tracks on there. :o Pretty much every OP or ED these days is released as what's known as a "single" but comes with several tracks (and not just an instrumental-only version either, I'm talking different songs).
I guess this is true, but I've never seen this for full versions of songs, I think. I have CD releases of TV sized stuff, both vocal and instrumental, along with other things, but I was always under the impression full versions were released as an individual song after the initial CD release.

I've also observed the phenomenon kaisap just described but only twice before, with my lossless Idolm@ster and Gunbuster tracks, which are long files that have the individual song I'm looking for and a drama skit affixed to the end.

Suffice to say, even though I listen to a lot of J-Pop, I haven't had a lot of experience seeing things structured like this.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 03:34 PM   #181
kaisap112
Volcano Badge

Figured out what I find so off about OP2.
Spoiler: show
The song is called "Wings of Freedom", I think? Regardless of the title, it's a very happy, upbeat and victorious song - set to animation where people fight and get killed and eaten and all sorts of things clearly stating the war is not over. My brain is not comfortable with that contradiction.

Not the first time lyrics/music have contradicted the video and hence given me a really uncomfortable feeling. I've watched a Japanese PV where girls sing "I hate myself" while smiling like people do in toothpaste ads. I might be in a minority with picking up on little stuff like that, though.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:27 AM   #182
kaisap112
Volcano Badge

Episode 14

Hey, it's an episode that actually progresses the plot!
I'll just get this out of the way. Levi is the most awesome thing in this series. Screw Mikasa, Levi's where it's all at! And Hiroshi Kamiya was the perfect VA-choice.

*clears throat* Okay, so actual contents of the episode.

Eren is put on trial to decide if he's handed to the Recon Corps (let him live) or the Police Corps (dissect him and kill him as a martyr for humanity). This sequence shows off some more of how assholes love breeding in the middle of tough times, religion can only make things worse and selfish high-ups interested only in their own safety and food supply are by no means a minority in this universe.

Oh yes, there's a religion that worships the walls. Walls built by humans became a miracle from God about five years ago in the timeline. The priest in the trial is absolutely useless. I do worry about a religion that's trying to make sure no one does anything to the walls ever - what if that helps mankind? "GOD SAYS NO" could exterminate humans. Go figure.

We've seen merchants before. They've all been total asses. The one in the trial is no different. But we also learn that the Police Corps aren't much better. Recall the fit Eren had when people at boot camp were saying they'd make top of the class just so they could join the Police and stay inside the walls, away from danger? That's basically their gimmick. When presented with the idea to use Eren to take back Wall Maria, the representative is most worried that people inside the walls will rebel against the higher-ups and residents of Wall Shina. Screw taking back more land and possibly taking care of food shortage, he might lose his status! (It's a realistic portrayal, for sure, but doesn't mean I have to like it.)

Levi steps in before Eren gets himself the death sentence with another Passionate Speech about how the prosecution is full of cowards. Eren's right, but Levi pretty much saves his life. Thanks to Levi the Awesome, Eren is given to the Recon Corps. Their next mission will decide Eren's usefulness for good; they'll be attempting to take back Wall Maria, or at least some of it.

Did I mention how much I love Levi?

Next week is apparently going to be about the "freaks and weirdos" known as the Recon Corps. Call them what you want, if they can kick nearly as much ass as Levi then I'm joining Team Recon. I already love Levi and Emma Skye Hanji Zoe, so I have high hopes for this group.

All in all, it was a very good episode. Looking forward to next week and my favorite captain! :3
Old 07-15-2013, 11:59 PM   #183
deoxys
Fog Badge

I haven't really had much to say about the show lately.

I'm up to date, but it's not incredibly discussable. I don't really have any theories at this point in time or anything, either, especially given the lack of content lately due to the snail's pace plot.

One spoilery thought from the newest episode:

Did not enjoy Levi making Eren his bitch. The violence was way over the top and gratuitous for me, isn't that silly? I can watch people get sliced up and shot and eaten and such and have seen plenty of violence from other media and be okay. One thing I hate is watching someone get the shit kicked out of them, slowly, complete with gruesome sound effects. Just watching Eren kneel there strapped to the pole while Levi went ]way over the top in making a point. I just cringed repeatedly. If that was real, it obviously would have been enough to probably kill him. All of the internal injuries and potential brain damage... god. I can't. I really can't. That shit just does not fly with me.

And just when you thought he was going to stop, he keeps going. Harder and faster. I hated that fucking scene. And then of course after all is said and done, Levi sits next to Eren who immediately flinches just by looking at him. Levi's metaphor of calling Eren a dog who needed to be trained not only pissed me off, but the last minute of the episode proved him correct entirely.

So yeah. Good on him for saving his ass. But at the same time, fuck him. And I don't understand his mini-fanbase he's got going for him. I really don't.

Next week:

Oh look. Turns out Levi and his buddies are all secretly rebels! They want a revolution!

Really? Fucking REALLY? As if the Titans aren't enough of a problem, you want to start a fucking revolt NOW? Why? What good will that do? Obviously the comfortable lifestyle of the wealthy and high ranked military officers and those who live in the inner wall is bullshit and is something that needs to be addressed, but WHAT? I don't... this just seems like it's a set up for a future arc that won't be really advancing the story that much.

How about instead of revolting you figure out some legitimate ways of EXPANDING the human territory and go out to kill titans? Can we get an arc about that? Then maybe we can talk about a change in how things are for their society.

Anyway... by the way the show is going and how it's progressing, I feel like we're in for a long series, despite the manga not being incredibly far ahead of the show right now and only coming out with what, one chapter a month I think? Not sure how to feel about that.

Let's just hope Shingeki no Kyojin doesn't become the next Naruto or Bleach, or even One Piece. But with the story they've laid out and the long term goals they've essentially established, it certainly feels like it has the potential to be.

PS. New OP is fantastic. The song sucks pretty badly though. Would never have been able to live up to "Guren no Yumiya" anyway.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 03:55 PM   #184
JustAnotherUser
Only Mostly Lurking

Send a message via Skype™ to JustAnotherUser
So I've watched the show so far - bar the recap episode - and I'm quite enjoying it. I don't really tend to have a lot to say about the whole episodes in general, so I'll only really duck in here and there, but I will say I agree with Deo's points on the episode;

Levi went WAY too far with the point he was making. Don't like Levi much at all, nor do I get why people ship him with Eren.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:52 PM   #185
kaisap112
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
One spoilery thought from the newest episode:

Did not enjoy Levi making Eren his bitch. The violence was way over the top and gratuitous for me, isn't that silly? I can watch people get sliced up and shot and eaten and such and have seen plenty of violence from other media and be okay. One thing I hate is watching someone get the shit kicked out of them, slowly, complete with gruesome sound effects. Just watching Eren kneel there strapped to the pole while Levi went ]way over the top in making a point. I just cringed repeatedly. If that was real, it obviously would have been enough to probably kill him. All of the internal injuries and potential brain damage... god. I can't. I really can't. That shit just does not fly with me.

And just when you thought he was going to stop, he keeps going. Harder and faster. I hated that fucking scene. And then of course after all is said and done, Levi sits next to Eren who immediately flinches just by looking at him. Levi's metaphor of calling Eren a dog who needed to be trained not only pissed me off, but the last minute of the episode proved him correct entirely.

So yeah. Good on him for saving his ass. But at the same time, fuck him. And I don't understand his mini-fanbase he's got going for him. I really don't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnotherUser View Post
Levi went WAY too far with the point he was making. Don't like Levi much at all, nor do I get why people ship him with Eren.
I'll just give some input to this:
I actually am pretty confused how you somehow watch people get eaten, blood and gore and detached limbs in this show, but when a guy gets kicked it's a huge deal. And the verbal abuse was light compared to the stuff we got in the Bootcamp Episode (this, by the way, is a military thing that's still in use - crushing you mentally at first to build you stronger during training).

SnK feels very military in that sense: your superiors aren't there to like you or coddle you. They're there to make sure you stay alive and complete your damn mission. (By superiors I mean the ones in the military, not the civilian merchants we've seen throughout the show.) Eren is possibly a weapon that can turn around the war, so like hell the military's going to sit there and let him get killed because he can't keep his mouth shut when he should. I have no doubt they would've cut off a leg if that meant Eren would stay alive - hell, he's grown limbs back before.

I'm not sure if we watched different translations, but Levi didn't call Eren a dog in the version I watched. He said that Eren is the type with whom actions (and pain) work better than words. We've seen that Eren doesn't listen to reason when he gets on his Big Badass Hero Speech tangents - if speech worked with him on any level, Armin would be enough to keep him in line. Since words don't work, we get Levi who doesn't have qualms about beating the importance of keeping your mouth shut into him. But the number one point of the performance was to show to the cowards in the prosecution that the military can handle Eren, titan powers or not.

The reaction you guys are having actually reminds me of their reaction: they got all panicked and squeamish about Eren getting beaten, but hell, these guys were all for dissecting Eren and killing him off for practically no reason. Humanity in the SnK-universe is not in a position where dismissing possibilities because of fearing the unknown will get you far.

As for Eren in the end of the episode being jumpy around Levi: pretty sure it's a small thing in comparison to him being alive and part of the Recon Corps. "Man the f*ck up or get eaten by titans" is what they taught at Bootcamp Day 1, how is this slipping everyone's memory? Levi's not the enemy, Eren's got bigger worries than him.

As to the fanbase (and as probably a representative of it):
I like Levi because he doesn't take shit from anybody and has the skills to back it up. Mikasa's similar as a character, but her utter obsession with Eren is so over-the-top it's ridiculous. Mikasa also stops being capable of doing her job the moment Eren is involved, while Levi doesn't have this issue.

As for pairing characters, I don't ship Levi with anyone. He has some friendly banter going on with Zoe, but that's not going to become a romantic relationship. And that's more than okay with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
Next week:

Oh look. Turns out Levi and his buddies are all secretly rebels! They want a revolution!

Really? Fucking REALLY? As if the Titans aren't enough of a problem, you want to start a fucking revolt NOW? Why? What good will that do? Obviously the comfortable lifestyle of the wealthy and high ranked military officers and those who live in the inner wall is bullshit and is something that needs to be addressed, but WHAT? I don't... this just seems like it's a set up for a future arc that won't be really advancing the story that much.

How about instead of revolting you figure out some legitimate ways of EXPANDING the human territory and go out to kill titans? Can we get an arc about that? Then maybe we can talk about a change in how things are for their society.
Okay, I really want to know which translation you've watched, because at parts it's like we're watching a different program.
This "revolt" is already happening, through standing up to the squeaky merchants and lords. And their next mission is exactly what you're suggesting! And they got their way with being allowed to execute this mission in this episode! They'll get to taking back Wall Mari and killing titans. If/when this mission is a success, Recon Corps will be trusted with resources, bureaucracy and social changes more for proving they get results (as opposed to the Police&Merchants, who sit on their asses and resist all attempts to win the war).

It's not an outright get-on-the-barricades revolution where the Recons are trying to spit in the King's face, but more of a sneaky shift of power from the lazy cowards to those who actually get the job done.

I didn't even think of the thing you suggested the episode conveyed, so this might be an issue with translations rather than the story itself.
Old 07-20-2013, 08:43 PM   #186
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

In response to Deo, JAF, and Kaisap:
(Not really a spoiler, but whatever)
There is a difference between Monster/Animal/Mecha on Human violence and Human on Human violence when it comes to human thinking. There are psychological blocks that allows the mass killing of/from non-human sources that kind of makes violence seem less horrific.

Essentially in the Gundam series, each mecha has a pilot and is effectively a soldier, but when you see Mobile Suits cut down and destroy other Mobile Suits, possibly a multitude of enemy mecha, you don't see it as murder/death of a soldier. It was a machine which you directly saw die (even though you know the pilot likely also dead) and it feels acceptable.

When you actually see humans fighting the psychology changes. It can seem brutal even if the violence is actually less brutal than other stuff you've been seeing. I suppose the fact that one person is also defenseless in the whole situation adds a bit of psychological brutality as well.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:54 AM   #187
deoxys
Fog Badge

I rewatched the WHOLE show yesterday with a friend because he hadn't seen it and was convinced from the first seven minutes of the first episode that it was a bad show. After about five episodes he didn't want to stop, just like I predicted would happen.

Anyway, I'm sharing this because I caught a lot of things I hadn't before that made me go "OHHHHH" after seeing them again. Forgive me if they've been discussed already:

1. When Eren changes into his Titan form, there is a bolt of lightning and a clap of thunder before he manifests. I didn't even notice this before, I have no idea how it blew past me - and yet, the Colossal Titan does the same thing.

I don't know if it means anything, but I'm definitely way more suspicious now that the Colossal Titan is a human. Not to mention the fact that it is clearly lacking skin, it makes me wonder if the Colossal Titan is an imperfect experiment thus far. I don't know what beef a human would have with the human territory to try to cause an extinction event, unless it is someone directly rebelling against the government, or what's more, if they pull a Naruto and the Colossal or Armored titans turn out to be Eren's dad.

2. The world and the titans. As I mentioned before, they make it no secret that it's very plausible this is on Earth in the very distant future. Of course, it could be deliberately misleading, but I think it's possible given mentions of "the Orient" as a region, and I have a new theory on where the Titans came from if that's the case.

At the end of the Battle of Trost, when Armin and Mikasa are pulling Eren out of his carcass, Armin mentions "it's like Eren is fusing with the Titan". Earlier to this, Eren had no control over his Titan form and was in a perpetual dreamlike state.

Here's what I'm getting at: Shingeki no Kyojin is The Walking Dead with Titans instead of Zombies. Obviously your first reaction is "duh!", but I mean this in a much more closer to literal sense than you realize. Instead of a disease and infected, mankind developed a method to transform into Titans, and they were used in war, probably. They didn't read the side effects well enough though because somehow, instead of being in control occasionally, the user would enter a dream-like state and go on an uncontrolled rampage. Over time, the people "fused" with their titans and their bodies disappeared completely, but their essence didn't, and perhaps even their consciousness.

Titans went mad, started killing humans in the past, and basically the humans inside the napes of the necks were absorbed by the body, and what was left was an unintelligent, blood thirsty monster.

Obviously this is probably not at all likely, but I figured I'd take a stab in the dark based on some of the information I was gathering for a second time.

Previous comments of mine from before now being changed:

Before I commented that a revolution would be stupid. After rewatching in two very close together sittings, I realized I was wrong. Not only does there need to be a revolution to change the way things are within the walls before they can worry about expanding outward (a COMPLETE 180 on my part), but as Kaisap said and I only just now read, there is most DEFINITELY a secret war already happening.

So yes... a complete change of mind for me. I had forgotten how awful the system they're living under is and how it would probably actually be dangerous to let it continue.

New episode:

Levi is much more likable this week I think. Getting back to my last comment about the secret war/revolution already happening, it's right there at the end. It's so blatant and loud and in your face "HEY! LOOK WHAT'S HAPPENING BEHIND THE SCENES EVERYONE!" and Erwen basically just confirms it.

I think it's odd the Titans "appear to be very light", showing a severed Titan head being about as light as a beach ball, apparently. Now THIS is weird. I suppose if they're going to try scientifically and logically explaining to us how Eren's titan just manifests out of thin air... it's possible this is how they start.

Alright, I think I covered everything... might have missed one or two things, will check tomorrows when I'm not trying to keep my eyes open
Old 07-21-2013, 08:21 AM   #188
kaisap112
Volcano Badge

First, I think we really could've used this screenshot when Attack on Recap came out.

Episode 15

We got a little flash at what happens behind the scenes and I might be totally wrong about this, but Erwin's dialog was just screaming "check it out, I'm a titan!" to me (no, I have not spoiled myself on this one, this is speculation). Just the part about taking off his mask did that, but the bit at the end about the "real enemies" just drove it in further.

The valuable research subjects getting murdered was interesting in and of itself. Was it a case of soldiers losing control in blind rage and killing them? Was it a planned thing, some kind of attempt to make sure humans don't get Info X out of them? Undercover Titans "saving" their comrades? Religious nuts? (Let's face it, if people are capable of worshiping a wall then surely there's at least a handful thinking Titans are new gods or the next stage in evolution or whatever.)

Levi's cleaning freak side strikes as the Corps clean up a castle. Enough said.

I present to you: the dynamic between Levi and Zoe in one frame.

We also had a moment to show that you should never meet your heroes in person. At least the Levi Unit is aware that their captain has his downsides (not sure if "surprisingly short" is a legit one though ).

And my favorite bit of the entire episode:

That feeling when no one else wants to hear about your fandom.
kaisap112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:36 AM   #189
JustAnotherUser
Only Mostly Lurking

Send a message via Skype™ to JustAnotherUser
Episode 15
A good episode for learning a fair bit about the titans, definitely. And I'm quite fond of Miss Zoe - there's something somehow charming about how batshit and enthusiastic she is about learning about the titans.

As for the murdered titans, I have two ideas; either someone higher-up the system didn't approve of it, or it was undercover titans that are like Eren. At least, those are what I think are the most likely answers.
Old 07-21-2013, 10:19 PM   #190
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Episode 14: Watched it.

Fuck Levi. Will never look at Kaisa the same way again.

It was an entertaining enough episode to watch, sure, but not enough to finish things once and for all for me. Not good enough to save this series, but not bad enough to allow me to put it to bed forever. Lucky for me, I've got another episode left to watch before I run out, so I'll watch that and then see how I'm feeling about passing final judgment on this series.

P.S. Mikasa >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Levi.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:34 PM   #191
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

I dropped this show several weeks ago, but haven't felt assed to really talk about it. The defense of trost was irritatingly stretched out, and I don't even give a fuck about this show's obnoxious generic military drama. "I'M SCARED! LET'S TALK ABOUT US BEING SCARED FOR 23 MINUTES!"

Anyway, here's the real reason I posted. If Kyojin were like this, it'd be watchable, I tell you what!
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:42 PM   #192
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad birtha View Post
Anyway, here's the real reason I posted. If Kyojin were like this, it'd be watchable, I tell you what!
Oh my lord. I think this Danbooru user's post says it best:
Quote:
It's extremely rare that the Most Unlikely Crossover pool actually lives up to its name, but I have to agree that this is one of the most random crossovers I've seen in years.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:51 PM   #193
deoxys
Fog Badge

I've seen a lot of King of the Hill x Attack on Titan stuff going around. It's probably the weirdest crossover I've ever seen and it's surprisingly a really popular one.

Example

There was one of a guy who did Hank Hill's voice and read some lines from the show and added things like "I tell you what", "...with propane and propane accessories", and "Goddangit, Bobby", but I can't find it anymore. It was very amusing.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:35 AM   #194
kaisap112
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Episode 14: Watched it.

Fuck Levi. Will never look at Kaisa the same way again.

It was an entertaining enough episode to watch, sure, but not enough to finish things once and for all for me. Not good enough to save this series, but not bad enough to allow me to put it to bed forever. Lucky for me, I've got another episode left to watch before I run out, so I'll watch that and then see how I'm feeling about passing final judgment on this series.

P.S. Mikasa >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Levi.
How is the discussion about this particular episode constantly making me seem like some awful monster? Not saying Levi's a saint, but there's more to consider with SnK than just one person before making judgement like "this guy is an ass". The plot doesn't make good breeding ground for The Most Positive and Adorable Moe Character Ever with No Flaws.

Me liking Levi shouldn't be any stranger than people liking Suigintou from Rozen Maiden, the bitchy sister from OreImo or any other effed up anime character who causes damage to other characters.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:24 PM   #195
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Episode 15: Watched it. AaAaAaAargh. Don't think I'll be dropping yet, even though I didn't think this episode was particularly great or anything. -.-;

I'm just barely curious enough to know about the latest mysteries' answers to want to keep watching.

Who killed the two captive titans? : my bet's on the Gendarmerie. (Commie label. No idea what other subs call them. The royal police force.)

Why? : Trying to weaken the Legion's (Commie label; Levi's people) position, I guess.

These guesses on who and why stated, I think your guys' guesses have got some merit to them too. Perhaps the faction that the Colossus and the Wall Smasher are a part of has agents who did this for them. (Or perhaps even they themselves did this. Kind of doubt it though since it looks like the titans were killed by human means.) Perhaps Elwin himself did it to try and deliberately stir up anti-Gendarmerie sentiment amongst the Legionnaires. (By pointing a finger at them and saying "They did it! " he can give his side an excuse for revolt, even though he knows the truth of their innocence.) Who knows, who knows.

Where is Mikasa headed? Armin? : I think it's a pretty safe bet that Mikasa is headed for the Legion. She's far too possessive of Eren to allow separation between them, and she's also naturally cut out for the job as this episode's intro scene with the kill counts nicely demonstrated for us. (When Eren is listing off Legionnaires' kill counts in the single digits yet suggests that they're still impressive, that's when you know that Mikasa with her kill count that is already nearing ten is way, way talented. Seriously, how many has she killed so far? Hasn't it been like at least seven? I swear, it feels like in some episodes she's killed three in a row! There's no way this girl's kill count is less than some of the other Legionnaires'.) As for Armin, I feel like he's headed for the {I forget their name; the people who guard the walls and do military strategy; Dot Pixis's people}. Armin's a natural-born strategist so it just makes the most sense for him to go there. He doesn't have what it takes to be a Legionnaire right now and I doubt that anyone in the Legion is willing to devote their time and energy to teaching him. He's of better use to humanity under Pixis's tutelage, so I think that's where we'll see him headed: studying directly under Dot Pixis.

That about does it for the mysteries. One last thing to say though ...

I'm not a fan of this psychopath Zoe. You guys seem to like her. Whatever. I think she's frighteningly nuts. The part where she was ramming a hot stake into Bean's eye while crying was meant to show her humanity, I realize, but for me it had the opposite effect: it showed what a detached psycho ex-human she is. I dunno. Just not a fan.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:41 PM   #196
kaisap112
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Episode 15: Watched it. AaAaAaAargh.
[size=1]Who killed the two captive titans? : my bet's on the Gendarmerie. (Commie label. No idea what other subs call them. The royal police force.)

Why? : Trying to weaken the Legion's (Commie label; Levi's people) position, I guess.
Just a clearance on translation differences:

gg uses the terms Police Corps (bitches royal police force, works inside the walls) and Recon Corps (outside the walls, Levi's people, though his specific group is also known as the Levi Unit).

Yeeeeah I don't know what the heck is up with Commie's "Übermensch" subtitles (that's what the Gratuitous German Track for Girls und Panzer was called!).
Old 07-23-2013, 03:54 PM   #197
deoxys
Fog Badge

So I did decide to go forward and read the manga for the reasons listed in my bbb thread comment. On chapter 34 right now (for comparison the anime is on chapter 21 or so).

I'm not really in the mood to leave a post for the manga readers and I doubt I will at all anytime soon. All I have to say is... what the fuck is this shit?
Old 07-24-2013, 01:02 AM   #198
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

I agree and I also agree with the deleted post.

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:04 AM   #199
deoxys
Fog Badge

lol

I didn't want to put my whiny pissed off bullshit in here so I moved it to bbb's thread. I'm happy to know I'm not alone though.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:28 AM   #200
Fallen Icarus
Confident in the present

Send a message via AIM to Fallen Icarus Send a message via Skype™ to Fallen Icarus
Did the fact that mangaspoiler
bertholdt and ryner were titans finally hit the last nail on the coffin? ;P That tidbit actually made it more interesting to me, but each to their own, I guess. Can't wait to see the anime people's reactions to it though. inb4 everyone of them rage-quits and I am left alone in this thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime