UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2010, 04:34 PM   #51
Talon87
時の彼方へ

LOL. I just mean this:

I feel like the staff members who pushed for the patch's release on October 11, 2010:
(a) knew full well that the project was still in beta, but
(b) were frustrated with the lack of QC and editing needed to produce the alpha, and so
(c) announced the alpha, which
(d) got folks like us here at UPN excited to start playing, which
(e) netted the staff a whole army of de facto QCers

That's all I mean. But you're right: the language of words like "tricked into" is really nasty and not very accurate, either. No one tricked us into anything -- or at least, I can't prove it. It's just my cynical perception. lol

As for your bit about playing through with us ... no way! That really surprises me. I guess it makes sense out of why you're active in the Error Reports section alongside me and those one or two anonymous guys, but I figured you were just a really diligent editor who was playing back through for his third or fourth time.

And you're definitely not at my pace. lol I'm a slowpoke. You're probably closer to our BBB (big bad birtha), who's already well into Satoru's path from the looks of things. I've only just reached Kokoro's Day 7.

As for the raison d'ętre of wiki projects ... you're right. But ...

Well, to me, never having been part of a wiki family, I always feel like wikis are run by staff members. What I mean by that is, regular members whose edits take major priority over those of other users. That is to say, while wikis are in theory purely democratic, in practice they are far more akin to a government where prominence consigns rank. The more you partake in the community, the more your opinions matter. We try to avoid this in our forum here. When BBB first showed up, we started chatting with him like he was one of us. And the same's true for lilbluecorsola, who's only just joined us as a regular in the last several months. I don't get the same vibe from Wikis. Ever. I always feel as though seniority counts for 90% of whether your edit will stay put or not on a Wiki. 99.9% if it's Wikipedia.

So ... that's all I meant by that dichotomy between so-called "staff" and "non-staff." I see myself as non-staff.

Please! ^_^ Post about your playthrough here with us if you would like to! You can also invite as many of your teammates as you'd like to! Perhaps they're already discussing the game on bigger sites like AnimeSuki (I saw that they had a thread for the game courtesy of a Google search), but if you'd like to chat with the four of us, we'd more than welcome it.

And if any of you have played Ever17, I'm sure that Doppleganger would be only too happy to hear your thoughts on that game.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 05:18 PM   #52
cloudscream
Pokemon Trainer

More than half of the "staff" were long inactive since May or June 2009 (except the_paper). After the translation of Kokoro's route, the project was stalled and was nearly abandoned. No translators, no editors. That's one of the downsides of a wiki TL project—people just come and go. I just came in and translated a few TIPS because I was really eager to play R11 (I loved Ever17). Now Never7 needs a lot of help, so don't hesitate to contribute to that project.

R11's pacing is so good (so far). Even though the game was spoiled for me because of the work on the project, I'm still in awe of what's happening. lol

I like how this game uses the perspectives of two people from two different educational backgrounds. One is from the "soft sciences" (social sciences, and psychology to some extent) and the other one's from the natural sciences.
cloudscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 05:39 PM   #53
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudscream View Post
More than half of the "staff" were long inactive since May or June 2009 (except the_paper).
The first time I read this, I perceived it as meaning May/June 2010. And I was like, "So? What's a few months compared to 2+ years?" But Summer of 2009, wow, yeah.

Quote:
After the translation of Kokoro's route, the project was stalled and was nearly abandoned. No translators, no editors. That's one of the downsides of a wiki TL project—people just come and go.
Given how Kokoro's route sets up for Yukidoh's, I can only imagine this is due to burnout and not because of lack of interest in translating his story.

Quote:
I just came in and translated a few TIPS because I was really eager to play R11 (I loved Ever17).
Okay. I saw that you were an editor, but I didn't realize you could speak Japanese. I'll quit patronizing you then with the "talk to the TL" talk. If I just post things like 我々 or 切れた, I know now that that'll be good enough.

Quote:
Now Never7 needs a lot of help, so don't hesitate to contribute to that project.
I've actually thought about it. But ...

Quote:
R11's pacing is so good (so far). Even though the game was spoiled for me because of the work on the project, I'm still in awe of what's happening. lol
You've just hit the nail on the head as to why I don't like to translate for these sorts of things. The worst possible way to do it is to let people translate as they play. 'Cause then everyone translates the beginning bits 10, 20, 100 different ways and then nobody ever winds up translating the end bits. The best way to do it, as you and the other projects on TLWiki have done things, is to have someone rip the script, divide it into manageable chunks, and to say, "We need folks to handle these chapters" and to list some specific chapters. Like Chapter 43. Or Chapter 92. But never Chapters 1, 2, or 3. No, those are taken right at the start.

And so yeah: as you can probably tell from our thread, we're a spoiler-sensitive group. So I can't really say that I envy the thought of having the game ruined for me. That's the dilemma. ^^; If I could somehow be entrusted to translate only things like TIPS or meaningless dialogue, and never things like pivotal dialogue, then it'd be a breeze for me. But no one's ever going to cut my steak into bite-sized pieces and feed them to me like I'm a 4-year old child. And I don't ask them to either. I just figure, "I'll let those who don't mind taking one for the team take the hit, and I'll patiently wait for the release."

Or, in the meantime, gradually try and work my way up to no longer needing English releases. ^^; [/selfish]

Quote:
I like how this game uses the perspectives of two people from two different educational backgrounds. One is from the "soft sciences" (social sciences, and psychology to some extent) and the other one's from the natural sciences.
That's true, and a good point; but I'm disappointed with Kokoro's lack of putting that knowledge of hers to good use. If she really is a criminal psychologist (age 20), then it'd be reasonable to see her psychoanalyzing the people she's encountered. The best I've seen so far is this, from the end of Kokoro Day 6, but these kinds of moments are few and far between:

Spoiler: show

Maybe ... a "persona", if you will?

Last edited by Talon87; 10-15-2010 at 05:42 PM.
Old 10-15-2010, 05:39 PM   #54
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

God damnit! I'm so freaking close to the end, and it ends up as a bad end. I need to retrace my steps and see what I did wrong.

Anyway, some interesting shit's going down.

EDIT: Gaaahhhhh! This game's pulling some Clannad shit on me. I retraced almost all of my freaking steps and I'm still getting the same bad end! Haah, I guess I have no choice but to auto-skip through the whole thing and find a walkthrough.

Last edited by big bad birtha; 10-15-2010 at 06:50 PM.
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 07:18 PM   #55
cloudscream
Pokemon Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post

Okay. I saw that you were an editor, but I didn't realize you could speak Japanese. I'll quit patronizing you then with the "talk to the TL" talk. If I just post things like 我々 or 切れた, I know now that that'll be good enough.
Speak, yes. But good enough to read and enjoy Japanese literature? No. I'm still studying for the exam for JLPT N2 this coming December. That's not yet fluent. I may or may not pass the exam. lol I extensively used a dictionary for translating just a few TIPS, especially for those scientific terms.

BTW, I reached the good ending after a couple of bad ones, and now I'm confused.

Edit: Wow. Yuni is Ryoma Echizen. I mean, the seiyuu of Ryoma Echizen is Yuni's.

Last edited by cloudscream; 10-15-2010 at 07:58 PM.
cloudscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 08:07 PM   #56
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

I thought the bad ending where Kokoro got pissed at everyone was awesome. (Kokoro ending spoiler)
I loved how she got sick of everyone ignoring her requests, and decided "You know what? If you don't wanna listen to me for your own good, you might as well be dead." The laugh was great too.
Old 10-15-2010, 08:32 PM   #57
Raide
Pokemon Trainer

Talon87: Lack of communication is one of the biggest problem in R11 project. Only three of the staffs (other than me) appear irregularly at IRC. I only report regularly with one editor in my playthrough, and said editor's judgment can still conflict with other staff who is doing reediting and major find-and-replace even after my QC pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad birtha
Haah, I guess I have no choice but to auto-skip through the whole thing and find a walkthrough.
There's a walkthrough provided with the English patch. Go look at the game folder.

(MAJOR SPOILER WARNING) For those who've finished Satoru route:
There are two endings you must see: Yukidoh's Failed Plan (entering the second transfer point) and good end (where he saved everyone, complete with epilog).

Since the game doesn't spoonfeed you (very important plot-related TIPS are only unlocked once you get 100% of everything in the game) like in Ever17, you can start to just read the TIPS at tlwiki page, Jungian stuff (Man and His Symbols), and fan speculation and theories in English about the game's framework. I don't know about giving leads, since I think you guys should try discussing the game among yourselves; it's much more fun that way.

Last edited by Raide; 10-15-2010 at 08:58 PM. Reason: removed links
Raide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 11:16 PM   #58
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Whoops! That was a webpage I linked to elsewhere to ask for Japanese help on Iga's "hidden in" village, a la Naruto's Konohagakure - The Village Hidden In The Leaf.

This is the proper Talon post. It won't be by tonight's end! I vow to at least catch up with Corsola, if not get close to Talon's point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87
Well, to me, never having been part of a wiki family, I always feel like wikis are run by staff members. What I mean by that is, regular members whose edits take major priority over those of other users. That is to say, while wikis are in theory purely democratic, in practice they are far more akin to a government where prominence consigns rank. The more you partake in the community, the more your opinions matter. We try to avoid this in our forum here. When BBB first showed up, we started chatting with him like he was one of us. And the same's true for lilbluecorsola, who's only just joined us as a regular in the last several months. I don't get the same vibe from Wikis. Ever. I always feel as though seniority counts for 90% of whether your edit will stay put or not on a Wiki. 99.9% if it's Wikipedia.
Speaking from experience as AP's third most senior wiki editor, it's more of a problem when there's a gross disparity in the abilities and maturities of the editors. I was basically kicked off the One Piece Wikipedia article project for the reasons you mentioned, because it was very much a clique but one that was based on seniority and not ability. The worst thing in the world was having a 12 year old administrator decide to make it his pet project, which led to the article being utter garbage.

AP's was based on ability. Someone would apply/be nominated, we'd reveal writing samples, and discuss how the editor would impact the current staff chemistry. I.e., we'd not accept people who were disruptive or argumentative. All discussions took place in the forums, not IRC or talk pages (though we had those as options) because forums blend both a recurring record and time/responsiveness. It was very effective organization.

We never got into reversion wars because of this, each editor was more or less at the same level of maturity and was conscious enough of the problems caused by completely open wiki projects.

The only reason AP's wiki sucks right now is because 1) Jonas picked a unique wiki protocol, making the appeal of wikis - the convenience of organization - null, since we had to learn the syntax language and organize as we wrote and 2) People lost interest in One Piece. The latter was inevitable as we aged, but we accomplished little when we still had the fire because of 1). And to this day, very few people of quality caliber are around to join the cause, OP's fandom is an internet chemostat, perpetuating a young fanbase from the age of 12-18 and never giving us the college level maturity/writing staff we need to wrestle control back from wikia.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 12:17 AM   #59
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

I give up. After playing through the Satoru route 4 times under the walkthrough's instructions, I still keep getting a bad end. Fuck it, someone else can go through the pain in the ass of figuring it out.

(Satoru's end spoiler)
The only solutions I can think of is unlocking every scene, or starting Kokoro's route from scratch, and playing all the way to Satoru's end. I might try later on, but I'm fed up right now.
Old 10-16-2010, 12:41 AM   #60
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

BBB, an invisible power is preventing you from finishing, wanting us to catch up to you!
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 10-16-2010, 12:49 AM   #61
Raide
Pokemon Trainer

Which Satoru bad ends did you get?
The one where Satoru arrived to the cabin only to discover got killed? That's bad end alright. The other two with ED song credit where you got locked in Hotarubi and where you managed to save everyone but ends with cliffhanger are two real endings.

Why it can be frustrating.

Unlike Ever17 that spoonfed you in the end, Remember11 tend to cause butthurt amongst Infinity fans and for a reason. But once you start to compare fan theories with yours, a lot of things becomes fit/logical and that's why it's brilliant. I can give some lead/links, but that might not be fun.

Last edited by Raide; 10-16-2010 at 01:19 AM.
Old 10-16-2010, 01:10 AM   #62
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Oh, so the one that ends where Mayuzumi says "Who are you?" is the good ending? In that case, I guess I was frustrated over nothing.

I don't mind the cliffhanger ending. I was just frustrated because I thought it was a bad end.
Old 10-16-2010, 04:27 AM   #63
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Thoughts (9%, yet 27 hours played!) -

It's unlikely the body-swapping is in the same time period. There are two Yuni, and unless one is a twin body-swapping with the other, my conclusion is the time period must be different because Yuni didn't know Satoru in Satoru's time-line, but he's aware of Satoru (likely) through Kokoro in her time-line. Note, I never got to see Yuni hear Satoru's name, so I don't know for sure if the two Yunis are the same person or not.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 10-16-2010, 05:20 AM   #64
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

WHAT? I GOT A BAD ENDING?

What the heck!

I can't believe that!

Was it that freaking medicine option?!

OK...something about my game-play philosophy. I try to play as if I were in the protagonist's shoes, as the protagonist. So I played how I as Kokoro would have acted.

I feel ridiculously awful I somehow lead to Satoru's death. Holy guacamole.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 10-16-2010, 07:52 AM   #65
Raide
Pokemon Trainer

That part is confusing, yeah. But there's an explanation for that. Also Kokoro might be more trusting of people than what you might think.

Very light Remember11 general spoiler.

This game cover hides the biggest spoiler in the game.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:48 AM   #66
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

I'm at 51%, 15 hours played. ^^ Got three bad Kokoro endings. On Satoru's chapter Day 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raide View Post
Very light Remember11 general spoiler.

This game cover hides the biggest spoiler in the game.
There are just my thoughts, please don't answer if it's a huge spoiler:

I've been wondering since the beginning: Does the triple venn diagram symbol hold any significance? There appear to be three chapters after all... Is there a hidden third party that links Satoru and Kokoro?

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 10-16-2010 at 04:49 PM.
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 10:11 AM   #67
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Well, you've lapped me. I didn't get to play at all last night. Still on Kokoro Day 7. Looking increasingly likely that I'll be the last one to finish ... again.
Old 10-16-2010, 10:16 AM   #68
Raide
Pokemon Trainer

Talon87: Even those who've finished might have missed a lot of hints and mysteries since not everything will be answered for you. Feel free to play with your own pace and take notes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post
There are just my thoughts, please don't answer if it's a huge spoiler:

I've been wondering since the beginning: Does the triple venn diagram symbol hold any significance? There are three chapters after all... Is there a hidden third party that links Satoru and Kokoro?
I'll answer by giving you link to the symbol: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borromean_knot
Old 10-16-2010, 01:48 PM   #69
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Here's Creepy Yuni, if anyone else wants a copy. Pardon the language, I uploaded it without realizing I might want to change the name first :

You creepy, mysterious fucker!

Okay. So. I just beat the game on Kokoro's Path. Holy shit.

(Safe once you've completed Kokoro's path.)

When I saw this, I think my jaw mentally dropped 10 feet. I mean, BBB had mentioned a surprising plot twist for the game's end, but I didn't expect this. Just what is going on!?

The bit where Yukidoh dashes off like Superman (link) made me chuckle. Not what Kokoro was saying, mind you: just the artwork. I mean, just look at him! "Up, up, and away!"

So many unresolved questions!
  • What is the deal with Yuni?
  • What's the deal with the mind transfers? How do they work? What's their true nature?
  • Who was the man in black in SPHIA?
  • What year was it at the cabin? at SPHIA?

And then there were some newly introduced questions:
  • What on Earth is up with the ocean suddenly appearing, replacing the mountain summit? XD Just what is going on!?
  • What's the deal with the discrepancy between the newspaper printing and the observed reality that they in fact survived?
  • If the lady Kokoro found on the mountain was one of the three dead bodies the authorities later found, then who were the other two? Was Yomogi one of them?
  • That lady's fingers moved!! (You can see this more easily if you look at the Album artwork for her.) Was this just because of Kokoro's actions? Or was the woman actually still alive when Kokoro found her?

Man oh man. Can't wait to start Yukidoh's path. Here goes!
Old 10-16-2010, 10:16 PM   #70
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Just reached the "bad" real end of Satoru's chapter. I read BBB's spoiler on the good ending, and now I'm starting to piece some things together...

(Satoru's end spoiler)

So basically, the personality "Satoru Yukidoh" originally belonged to the glasses-man's body. That would explain why Mayuzumi doesn't recognize Satoru in the "good end", right? Examining the album artwork for the "guru-guru" scene, the man's figure is indeed ambiguous. Oh hoh.

Will backtrack and aim for the good ending now, so I can witess this for myself.

Edit- Reached the good end. Too tired to think much more tonight, so I'll start off with this question that's been bugging me for some time:

Is Inubushi Keiko really the third personality? Well, I guess that goes without saying, judging by the end... But I initially received the impression that one of the consciousnesses might've been a baby's. Considering the references to the "red room", dreams of being born, and the childlike behavior Satoru and Hotori exhibited at times. (Can't recall any specific moments when Kokoro acted this way, probably since there were no security cameras in the emergency cabin. Therefore we never got to see playback of Kokoro's actions when she wasn't controlled by Satoru or herself.)

So then, might've there been actually four consciousnesses? Or perhaps five? Could this "child's conscience" belong to Utsumi's unborn twins in the past?

And if so... Does that mean he/she/they actually murdered Enomoto in the storeroom? (For current discussion purposes, "Enomoto" refers to the glasses-guy.)

I'll have to go back and re-read the description of the security footage closely again. But I felt like Satoru's and Hotori's behavior during and after Enomoto's death seemed uncharacteristically innocent and childlike, not performed with the malice of a serial killer like Inubushi Keiko. Rather, it was like they didn't understand the concept of death or what they were doing. They were just... Playing. Amusing themselves through whatever means. And the fact that both of them were acting in this manner at the same time means...

One more thing... It's late, so I'm having trouble figuring out how Kokoro deduced Hotori was Inubushi at the end. She brought up the point that the consciousnesses were tied to their starting locations... Was Inubushi connected to SPHIA? So, the Hotori that left SPHIA with Utsumi and Yuni had her original Inubushi personality? Then the transfer took place, but since they were outside the circle, Inubushi's consciousness didn't leave her body. Same for when everyone transferred back to SPHIA 2012. Is that how it works?

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 10-17-2010 at 09:37 AM.
Old 10-17-2010, 03:28 AM   #71
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Well, you've lapped me. I didn't get to play at all last night. Still on Kokoro Day 7. Looking increasingly likely that I'll be the last one to finish ... again.
I just started Kokoro Day 2...
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 10-17-2010, 09:45 AM   #72
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Continuing on from my previous question... (Satoru's End Spoiler)

I just read the TIP on "Baby Colic". I'm now convinced that there had to be a baby's consciousness somewhere in the transfer cycle. Could Inubushi Keiko be an infant? That still doesn't make much sense...

I'm also still puzzled about the two Yunis. If the Yuni in the shelter cabin was from 2012, then that explains the newspaper. But what about the radio Yuni had at SPHIA, which broadcasted programs from 2011? Unless... He listened to it while SPHIA was transferred to Mount Akakura 2011. I see. But then how did 2011 Yuni know about things that happened at the cabin, if he'd never actually been there? (Like Kokoro asking if he was a twin/clone.) *scratches head* Argh, this is why I hate time travel...
Old 10-17-2010, 10:21 AM   #73
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

I'll give a second opinion on those, but I'm lazy, so my knowledge is probably limited compared to yours. (Satoru's end spoiler)
Yeah, I also believe Mr. Sunglasses was the original Yukidoh Satoru. Judging from the ending in the third area, that's really likely (the way they talked was switched.)

For who the third personality is....I'm kinda conflicted on that. Your theory that it's the twins makes sense. It explains why Kokoro so carelessly cut herself and let her finger get sucked. It also explains several of the other switch events.

My main problem with it is that I don't know enough about the third area. The only thing I know is that Satoru and Mr. Sunglasses is there. As for the twins being there, I have no clue. Anyway, I'll list the switch pattern.

Kokoro's body: Kokoro -> Third personality -> Satoru
Satoru's body: Satoru -> Kokoro -> Third personality

I believe the silent girl that Kokoro comes in contact with is the original Hotori, and the one that Satoru comes in contact with is Inuboshi. Atleast that's what I thought, judging by her actions when she transfers. She acts really childish about exactly when the second phase of the transfer happens, which is when the same happens to Satoru (I'm assuming the twins are the third personality.)

For Yuni, at the very end when cabin Yuni was talking to Satoru, he explained that the Yuni at SPHIA was told of the events at the cabin. I think that's why he rushed outside of the transfer point to be rescued by the rescue team. For radio, It broadcasted 2011 stuff when Kokoro was in Satoru's body. That means that the world outside of SPHIA was 2011 at that time.

If I figured out what the 3rd area is, I'll have what I need figured out. I also believe it's 6 months before SPHIA, but 6 months after the cabin.

Last edited by big bad birtha; 10-17-2010 at 10:26 AM.
Old 10-17-2010, 12:15 PM   #74
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Okay, let me try to organize my thoughts by posing these questions... (Satoru's End Spoiler)

First of all, who exactly is Inubushi Keiko? The DID patient's original personality, right? The one who performed the hospital murders.

Now, since she has DID, does "Inubushi" only refer to one personality? Or all of them combined? Basically, when "Inubushi's" consciousness transfers, does her disorder transfer as well? Or only the killer personality? Is this her dominant personality (unlikely)? Satoru, in his own body at SPHIA, seems to interact with a range of different personalities - playful, seductress, violent, etc. Do all of these collectively make up the existence known as "Inubushi Keiko"?

Second, what happens when a consciousness transfers to a dead body? Does the consciousness then die, like Satoru predicted? If so, then shouldn't Inubushi's personality have died when it entered the original Hotori's body, according to Satoru? Then how could Inubushi still exist within the body at SPHIA by the game's end?

Third: Do the three personalities (Satoru, Kokoro, a) only cycle between their three respective bodies? How then, do we explain Hotori's and Inubushi's participation in the transference phenomenon? Let's assume the consciousness doesn't die when it enters a dead vessel, and is merely "stored" temporarily. So Hotori's and Inubushi's consciousnesses switch back and forth, parallel to Kokoro and Satoru.

However! The introduction of the third area and personality a throws a heavy wrench in this process. What happens when SPHIA enters the third area? Whose consciousness inhabits the girl's body then? By deductive reasoning, we must conclude that there is a third personality in addition to Hotori and Inubushi: b. That makes six altogether. Thus, we have to modify the flowchart...

Kokoro's body: Kokoro -> Personality a -> Satoru
Satoru's body: Satoru -> Kokoro -> Personality a
Inubushi's body: Inubushi -> Hotori -> Personality b
Hotori's body: Hotori -> Personality b -> Inubushi
Personality a's body: Personality a -> Satoru -> Kokoro
Personality b's body: Personality b -> Inubushi -> Hotori

If my hypothesis is correct, I believe these would be the transfer orders. Notice that on the third transfer, Personalities a and b inhabit Satoru's and Inubushi's bodies simultaeously. This would explain their behavior in the storeroom at the time of Enomoto's death.

The fourth question I was going to ask is whether we should allow for the possibility that the consciousnesses don't revolve through the same sets of three bodies in two separate cycles, but simply jump into any random vessel that's available? Since Kokoro, Satoru, and Hotori all reported seeing the "red room", it would seem their transfer cycles overlap somewhere. So then how come we never saw Inubushi or Hotori in Satoru's or Kokoro's bodies?

However, by organizing the cycles in the chart, it all makes perfect sense. Personalities a and b belong to the prenatal twins. They share the same body, i.e. their mother's womb. Kokoro, Satoru, and Hotori could've each inhabited this shared vessel at some point without ever crossing paths.

There are still a lot of mysteries left to be explained (what is the third area, why would the pregnant Utsumi be there, how and why are Satoru and Enomoto involved, etc.), but for now I'm pretty satisfied with this conclusion. What do you think, BBB (and Raide, if you decide to read this)?

As for Yuni, I forget his exact words in the epilogue, and I can't go back to check since I'm working on Kokoro's Chapter 100% and saved the system data. Who told Yuni at SPHIA about the events at the cabin? Was this from the terabyte disc? If so, how/why would information like Kokoro's twin/clone question be included in it? I guess it's not impossible... But then the only one who could have made the disc would be Yuni himself. Or Kokoro, I suppose. Maybe there's a 2013 Yuni? Lol.

On a random note, I can't get the second humorous "bathroom scene" to appear in Kokoro's chapter. Gah, I know I'm missing a scene from the "Hold it in" option... Plus I want to see what happens. =<

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 10-17-2010 at 01:03 PM.
Old 10-17-2010, 12:45 PM   #75
Talon87
時の彼方へ

There are some tidbits which appear to be non-unlockable due to things like typos in ID tags and whatnot. For example:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lors, on the TLWiki
There was an error in this TIP: the code "TS067" was written as "TS066" and thus it was impossible to unlock the 72th TIP.
Ignoring the nails-on-a-chalkboard writing of "72th" instead of "72nd" ^^;;;;;;;;; , he raises a good concern. If he's caught this, then who knows how many other path completion things may currently be impossible to do? I'm not fearmongering that there are a lot of them. I'm just saying that there are probably more where this TIP error came from, and it could explain things like the difficulty in unlocking alternate scenes like you just expressed. I have encountered what appear to be several errors in Kokoro's album, but I'm refraining from voicing them until I complete Satoru's path -- JUST in case that solves the problem.

That stated ... are you sure there's an alternate scene? 'Cause in a lot of games like Remember11, the player is often presented with choices which have as few as one screen's worth of textual difference before returning to the common path. I didn't choose to hold it in, so I don't know what Kokoro says, but if you were expecting her to wet her pants or something, I'd say "think again." It's possible that she just resolves to hold it in and then the game continues onward (starting from the point just beyond the bathroom scene).

================================================== =

I'm surprised at you two! You've both beaten the game and yet there's next to no discussion going on! Or so I'd like to say: but it looks like you two have finally started passing notes between yourselves. So that's good to see. I look forward to joining in on the fun in the next week or so.

I'm currently on Satoru Day 2. I just got away from the bathtub, decided to do a Quick Save, typed up my newest batch of Caught Typos & Grammar Errors, and submitted them to the TLWiki after cross-checking to make sure there were no duplicates. (Indeed, it looks like more and more people are spotting and reporting errors now! I have genuine competition! )

================================================== ==

Question for the TLWiki Staff:
When are you guys considering releasing the next patch? I hope it will be soon. I fear that if it is not, then players will be re-inventing the wheel in the Error Reports section.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime