UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out

Old 07-02-2014, 11:02 AM   #1
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Eevee Friend Safari Discussion

The most exciting event of 2014 has arrived: the Friend Safari! Trainers from around the world of Fizzy Bubbles have gathered here to explore the friendships that ambassadors from the Kalos region have to offer. And as members, we are all very excited to get an opportunity to RP with old friends, make new ones, and have a shot at capturing one of the very first Kalos Pokémon to be introduced to the game.

Per sentiments expressed here and here, I wanted to see a thread dedicated to Friend Safari discussion created so that those who wanted to use it could have their conversations gathered all in one easily-referenced place rather than lost to the limitless depths of the Time Out discussion thread. I'm sorry that it took this long for the thread to pop up; I apologize to those of you whose Friend Safari adventures have already peaked or even concluded in the time between the start of the event and now. If anyone would like to link to older posts of theirs in the FBTO or would like to quote-reply here to some older posts, you're more than welcome to. The task is too large for me to do all by myself, but I can at least provide future generations with a ballpark of where they should begin reading through the FBTO if they want to find older posts.

OkikuMew's post here, currently post #34487 in the thread, is the first post about the Friend Safari posted after the event thread was posted by Stark. If you have default forum settings, it appears on page number 1380 of the thread. By these same default settings, the thread has currently reached page 1394, so you'll have a backlog of roughly twenty-five pages to pore through if you want to find all of our older posts about the Friend Safari. As of the writing of this post, the current list of known Friend Safari Pokémon can be found here.

Bon appétit!
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 11:18 AM   #2
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Oh hey I'm mentioned! And also: "First"! I'm special!

... <.<; *ahem*

On a more serious note, I think it would be useful to put on that list of Pokemon/Friend here! I personally found it useful, even though my safari hasn't been updated yet ^^ And I could just edit this post as we know more! After all, there's still a couple of Pokemon not revealed in the current/active Safaris, not to mention the two safaris which its Pokemon hasn't been revealed at all! Dunno if at this point it's worth spoiler-tag it, but just to be on the safe side, I will Here's the current, updated list:

Spoiler: show
By Creature:
No.650 - Chespin - Angelique's
No.653 - Fennekin - Manon's
No.656 - Froakie - Remy's
No.659 - Bunnelby - Wyatt's
No.661 - Fletchling - Chantelle's
No.664 - Scatterbug - Angelique's
No.667 - Litleo - Yvette's
No.669 - Flabébé - Chantelle's
No.672 - Skiddo - Manon's
No.674 - Pancham - Chantelle's
No.676 - Furfrou - Manon's
No.677 - Espurr - Yvette's
No.679 - Honedge - Remy's
No.682 - Spritzee - Remy's
No.684 - Swirlix - Angelique's
No.686 - Inkay - Byron's
No.688 - Binacle - Yvette's
No.690 - Skrelp - Angelique's
No.692 - Clauncher - Wyatt's
No.694 - Helioptile - Jean's
No.696 - Tyrunt - Wyatt's
No.698 - Amaura - Chantelle's
No.700 - Sylveon - Byron's
No.701 - Hawlucha - Byron's
No.702 - Dedenne - Yvette's
No.703 - Carbink - Jean's
No.704 - Goomy - Byron's
No.707 - Klefki - Remy's
No.708 - Phantump - Jean's
No.710 - Pumpkaboo - Wyatt's
No.712 - Bergmite - Manon's
No.714 - Noibat - Jean's

By Friend Safari:
Angelique: Scatterbug, Swirlix, Skrelp, Chespin
Byron: Sylveon (Eevee), Hawlucha, Goomy, Inkay
Chantelle: Fletchling, Pancham, Flabébé, Amaura
Jean: Helioptile, Carbink, Phantump, Noibat
Manon: Fennekin, Furfrou, Bergmite, Skiddo
Remy: Froakie, Honedge, Spritzee, Klefki
Yvette: Litleo, Espurr, Binacle, Dedenne
Wyatt: Bunnelby, Clauncher, Tyrunt, Pumpkaboo

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr

Last edited by OkikuMew; 12-22-2014 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Updated Jean's and Manon's info
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 11:22 AM   #3
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
Even though my adventure's almost over, I'm seriously curious to find out what's in those last spots in Angelique's and Byron's Safaris.

Fizzy Bubbles - Cable Club Post - Wild Future

Various awesome artstuffs by DaisyInari

DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 11:44 AM   #4
uhhhhh
Beloved Mascot

Send a message via Skype™ to uhhhhh
Yup, I'm also curious myself on where the remaining 10 are!

So far we only have three people who have finished their adventure, (me, EBE, and MM) though it looks to me that some are almost done as well.
uhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 12:00 PM   #5
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Even though my adventure's almost over, I'm seriously curious to find out what's in those last spots in Angelique's and Byron's Safaris.
How many trainers in Angelique's and Byron's zones have already committed to a capture? I feel like most are either sitting on their hands waiting for Tess to update her groups or else have committed to a capture. Guess I'll do the work of answering my own question to you and see. ^^:

Angelique's Friend Safari:
Electric Blue Eye | Scatterbug | CAPTURED
Ex-Admiral Insane | Swirlix | attempting to capture
seakittenyfool | Skrelp | ???
empoleon dynamite | Scatterbug | still exploring
Allishinca | Swirlix | ???

Byron's Friend Safari:
DaveTheFishGuy | Hawlucha Goomy | attempting to capture
Escalion | Goomy | possibly attempting to capture
swampertforever | Hawlucha Eevee | attempting to capture
enchantress | Goomy | ???

Not really sure what's up with seakittenyfool and Skrelp. When it was first unveiled that he had an opportunity to capture a Skrelp, MM initiated trade discussions with him. But MM's recent posts in the Time Out give me the impression that he wants to keep his capture (a Froakie) for himself. So where does this leave Fishy?

I remember Alli posting in the FBTO with an image of Jake from Adventure Time when it was revealed that she found a Swirlix. I think she probably wants to capture it. But she hasn't posted yet, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Regardless, it looks like we haven't seen the last of Angelique's offerings since Emp is still exploring. And it looks like, unless Tess doesn't want a Goomy, we have seen the last of Byron's zone. Ironic that the guy who says he can't wait to see what Byron's last slot is is partly the reason why we may never find out (or at least not until the end of the event). ;P
Old 07-02-2014, 12:05 PM   #6
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Yeah I know ;;

I wouldn't be surprised if Fennekin is in Byron's fourth, but this is based purely off the logic that Tess likes Fire-types and Fletchling and Litleo are accounted for. But with Froakie in another Safari I don't think anything would have trumped Goomy for me in terms of want. I just hope other people find the things they're really after (Inkay for Okiku, for example).

Old 07-02-2014, 12:09 PM   #7
Stark
Rainbow Badge

I can give a little hint about what might be in left in those two zones for pokemon. All of the Friends have one Super Rare or Ultra Rare pokemon in their zones with the exception of Yvette who was given an extra Rare pokemon. All other pokemon in the zones were RNG'd.
Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 12:19 PM   #8
EpicSquirtle
Adrift in a sea of dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark View Post
I can give a little hint about what might be in left in those two zones for pokemon. All of the Friends have one Super Rare or Ultra Rare pokemon in their zones with the exception of Yvette who was given an extra Rare pokemon. All other pokemon in the zones were RNG'd.
Which would mean that between Angelique, Jean and Manon, one gets Noibat and the other two get Chespin or Fennekin. This is, assuming Noibat is a super rare.

Last edited by EpicSquirtle; 07-02-2014 at 01:07 PM.
EpicSquirtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 12:20 PM   #9
Emp
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark View Post
Based on that I can only guess that Noibat, Chespin or Fennekin is the final Pokémon in Angelique's zone.

In that case I'm probably gunna have to go with Skrelp, although I was really hoping I'd encounter a Inkay or Helioptile.

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 12:49 PM   #10
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Quote:
I just hope other people find the things they're really after (Inkay for Okiku, for example).
Well there's another one I would like to get, which funny enough you mentioned.... *whistles as she trails off*

Anyhow, with what's that left undiscovered though, I have 3 other Pokemon I wouldn't mind to get, so for a total of 5 "wants", I think I have a good chance to get something I would like to keep in my safari

> 1 Super/Ultra Rare per zone

I had a feeling it was done that way actually

Old 07-02-2014, 01:10 PM   #11
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Noibat being a Super Rare would be all sorts of silly considering it's the regional bat. The games had limited real estate so you can't really say, "Weeeeeeeeeeeeeell, they only showed up in two caves, both of which were near the end of the game, therefore SUPER RARE! " for them. Every creature in XY only showed up in one or two places in the wild. The anime's already shown Noibat in the cave between Geosenge Town and Shalour City (a cave in which Noibat does not appear in the video games) and it will probably continue to show Noibat whenever we go inside of a cave in Kalos. Granted, "FB is not the anime nor the video games," but still. It'd feel like Gastly all over again to make Noibat a Super Rare. To say nothing of the fact that it has Common rarity in Terminus Cave in the video games and Average rarity in Victory Road anyway. Tynamo makes sense as a Super Rare if for no other reason than the fact that the one Gen V location it shows up in, Chargestone Cavern, it has a 5% encounter rate in. That makes sense to translate into an FB Super Rare. But a video game common being made a Super Rare makes less sense. [/2˘]

Putting that aside, I don't think Byron will have one of the two starters. If he did, it'd make his zone overloaded with coveted Pokémon. He already has Goomy and Eevee. The latter has historically been Super Rare (though things change) and the former I could easily see being made Super Rare since it's a well-known fact that hoards of people liked Goomy back when they played XY last fall and so the staff could be thinking, "Well, let's make it a hard-to-get reward then! " I'd allow you to veto either one of these two candidates but not both. You can't possibly ask me to believe before the fat lady sings that neither Goomy nor Eevee are going to be Super Rare next generation and that, on top of these two already amazing choices, players in Byron's zone are also going to get a Fennekin/Chespin if they so choose. That would seem pretty wildly unfair to put three such popular and hard-to-come-by creatures all in one safari. So ... while we can't really rule out the possibility that a Chespin/Fennekin is Byron's last Pokémon, I'm going to vote against that being likely for the time being.
Old 07-02-2014, 01:12 PM   #12
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Aaaaaaaaaaaand Emp runs into a Chespin! Guess that sorts out Angelique's fourth out!

Old 07-02-2014, 01:13 PM   #13
EpicSquirtle

Quote:
Aaaaaaaaaaaand Emp runs into a Chespin! Guess that sorts out Angelique's fourth out!
Which means it's 50/50 for Jean having the super rare I'm after...... *crosses fingers*
Old 07-02-2014, 01:20 PM   #14
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Looks like I spent too long writing up that last post then!

So of Manon, Jean, and Byron remaining, I already ruled out Byron. And I think that Manon's more likely to have Fennekin than Jean is. So this would mean that Manon's Super Rare is Fennekin, Byron's is Eevee, and Jean's is a mysterymon.
Old 07-02-2014, 01:24 PM   #15
EpicSquirtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Looks like I spent too long writing up that last post then!

So of Manon, Jean, and Byron remaining, I already ruled out Byron. And I think that Manon's more likely to have Fennekin than Jean is. So this would mean that Manon's Super Rare is Fennekin, Byron's is Eevee, and Jean's is a mysterymon.
I doubt the final super rare pokemon won't be Noibat. It's the hardest to find in the games of any remaining pokemon on the list. Everything else you can come across with little effort unlike Noibat, which can take a long time to find. I just can't picture Noibat not being the other super rare.
Old 07-02-2014, 01:39 PM   #16
Emp
Volcano Badge

Agreed. You say Noibat is common (although so is Bagon) but he can only be found on the ceiling. He was the last Pokémon I caught in the Kalos dex because I had so much difficulty getting a ceiling event to trigger.

Chespin is cool and all but Chesnaut was the biggest dissapointment for me. I think I'll have to go for Skrelp, but I'll settle for Swirlix if I start to run out of time.

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 01:41 PM   #17
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicSquirtle View Post
I doubt the final super rare pokemon won't be Noibat. It's the hardest to find in the games of any remaining pokemon on the list.
But this is wrong. It isn't hard to find though. It's late to find, but it's downright common once you get there. Of the remaining eligible creatures -- Fennekin, Skiddo, Furfrou, Inkay, Helioptile, Carbink, Phantump, Bergmite, and Noibat -- I agree with you that none of them save Fennekin make good sense as a Super Rare. But the problem I have with Noibat being the other remaining Super Rare is that it's so much easier to find than others on this list. Like I've said, it shows up in two places in the games, Terminus Cave and Victory Road, and it's Common in the one and Average in the other. To offer only one example of contrast, Inkay also only shows up in two spots -- Route 8 and Azure Bay -- and it is Rare in both locations. So why make something which is Common in all of its locations harder to find than something which is rare in all of its?

And it's not just Inkay either. Skiddo? Only on one route and Rare there. Carbink? Only in one location and Rare there. Furfrou and Helioptile? Average rarity (which is the rarest Noibat ever gets) and only on one route instead of two. You claim that nothing on that list is rarer than Noibat ... but I feel like nothing on that list is more common than Noibat! ^^;

Quote:
Originally Posted by empoleon dynamite View Post
Agreed. You say Noibat is common (although so is Bagon) but he can only be found on the ceiling. He was the last Pokémon I caught in the Kalos dex because I had so much difficulty getting a ceiling event to trigger.
Ehhhhh ... this was not my personal experience. When I didn't use Repels, ceiling encounters were annoyingly frequent. When I did use Repels, well, no encounters of any kind as far as I can remember.
Old 07-02-2014, 01:54 PM   #18
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

List updated!

So did a little bit of research (admittedly before Talon posted those links and whatnot ^^' Which is why I may repeating what he said) on which super/ultra rare Pokemon could be alongside Fennekin that's left, and here's what I found based on how rare they are in-game:

Noibat: Common or average.
Skiddo: Rare or average.
Furfrou: Rare or average.
Inkay: Rare.
Helioptile: Average.
Carbink: Rare.
Phantump: Rare.
Bergmite: Average.

Based on that, I would say our best luck on which is the super/ultra rare is either Inkay, Carbink or Phantump. Skiddo and Furfrou could've been considered too, but since they have a "average" option, I consider them less rare. As for Noibat... yeah, definitely goes in the bucket of commons, along with Zubat ^^; It's actually the most common of them all! ...Statistically, anyway. The only reason people might not have encountered it (or had a hard time to) is the fact they can be only found from dropping from the ceiling... which some people (myself included) actually haven't encountered that event/effect much X)

Old 07-02-2014, 02:35 PM   #19
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Not really sure what's up with seakittenyfool and Skrelp. When it was first unveiled that he had an opportunity to capture a Skrelp, MM initiated trade discussions with him. But MM's recent posts in the Time Out give me the impression that he wants to keep his capture (a Froakie) for himself.
There was a slight change of plans. I'm keeping Trevor, and fishy will hold onto Skrelp until Norbert hits level 100, at which time he'll trade Skrelp to me for a few Candies.

(nicknames; Trevor=Froakie; Norbert=Haxorus)
Old 07-02-2014, 02:47 PM   #20
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
And then the realisation I could catch a Chespin is very tempting. Man did this come at quite the time. Here I was sussing how to begin a tango with Skrelp.

...ehh, I'm a guy who keeps his promises, as much as the prospect of a Chespin is the cooing of Asmodeus.

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 07:52 PM   #21
Shadowshocker
used First Impression

*ahem*

Barbaracle Streisand.

That is all.
Shadowshocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 12:20 AM   #22
EpicSquirtle

Quote:
And I think that Manon's more likely to have Fennekin than Jean is. So this would mean that Manon's Super Rare is Fennekin.
Just curious why you think Fennekin suits Manon more? Personally I think Fennekin suits them both, and even if it didn't, I don't think that decides which pokemon is in a safari.
Old 07-03-2014, 12:53 AM   #23
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicSquirtle View Post
Just curious why you think Fennekin suits Manon more? Personally I think Fennekin suits them both, and even if it didn't, I don't think that decides which pokemon is in a safari.
Well, it's just a bunch of tiny reasons that all together would lead me to bet on Manon before Jean. Sort of like when you're asked why you chose to go with red instead of black after placing your bet on the Roulette wheel.
1. Fennekin makes more sense to me with a female Friend Safari guide than with a male Friend Safari guide.

2. Red, the color of fire.

3. Manon's character design is, of the eight safari guides', the one which most closely resembles Serena's. Fennekin is Serena's mascot Pokémon.

4. Jean comes across as a "cool guy" type. Fennekin doesn't come across to me as a "cool" Pokémon, but rather a beautiful or (more like it) cute one. So I'd expect her to be in a zone like Manon's (beautiful) or Angelique's (cute).
Granted, from what we have already seen many of these factors would not have steered you any closer towards other creatures. (Chespin's not pink or Fairy-typed, Froakie's not green or Grass-typed, etc.) And they assume Fennekin was placed with Manon rather than they she was randomly generated there. (Obviously if the eight were randomly generated then random is as random does.) So take it for what you will. But since the question was why I felt Fennekin suited Manon more, I've provided you with my answer.
Old 07-03-2014, 01:01 AM   #24
Quilavaflare
Cascade Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Quilavaflare
So. Close.
I can almost taste it. I would do it, too, if that weren't weird.

Friend Code/Username list
3DS: 0748-3092-2840
Y Trainer Name: Roy
[Friend Safari: Paras, Vivillon, Beautifly]
Pokemon Showdown: Quilavaflare
Nintendo Network: Snowboos

Quilavaflare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 10:48 AM   #25
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Oh my gosh, Tess has just updated (welcome back and thank you! ^^) and we got new Pokemon info in!

Jean has Carbink, Helioptile and Phantump, while Manon has Fennekin, Bergmite and Furfrou!

*will update stuff later*

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out