UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 01:22 PM   #12501
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I feel like we just had this very same conversation not even one month ago (when takkupanda was expressing frustration about having not yet gotten his first capture while someone else who just joined 2-3 weeks before his post had just gotten theirs). Anyway, once again I'll write that I joined on May 29, 2007 and got my first capture on July 5, 2007, so 37 days.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:26 PM   #12502
kaisap112
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
I feel like we just had this very same conversation not even one month ago (when takkupanda was expressing frustration about having not yet gotten his first capture while someone else who just joined 2-3 weeks before his post had just gotten theirs). Anyway, once again I'll write that I joined on May 29, 2007 and got my first capture on July 5, 2007, so 37 days.
It's obviously...fizzybubblesception.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:29 PM   #12503
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

The mods are trying to decide where the new Updators should go, though frankly no one's stepped up to volunteer their Zone as in need of Updators when they asked. >.>; Not even when takku left (although it looks like they're aware). If no one else speaks up maybe I should just claim the CG could use more staff. =3=
Old 08-28-2012, 01:52 PM   #12504
kaisap112
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post
The mods are trying to decide where the new Updators should go, though frankly no one's stepped up to volunteer their Zone as in need of Updators when they asked. >.>; Not even when takku left (although it looks like they're aware). If no one else speaks up maybe I should just claim the CG could use more staff. =3=
I'd just say that ALL zones need more staff. x.x This is hardly an issue of ZA-pride...right?

"WE'RE JUST FINE STOP OFFERING NEW UPDATORS TESS! " (Note sarcasm here.)
Old 08-28-2012, 02:00 PM   #12505
Treepandaone
Original Gangsters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Did you join around the time when the updaters updated a million times a month?
Old 08-28-2012, 02:02 PM   #12506
Emp
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisap112 View Post
I'd just say that ALL zones need more staff. x.x This is hardly an issue of ZA-pride...right?

"WE'RE JUST FINE STOP OFFERING NEW UPDATORS TESS! " (Note sarcasm here.)
Well it's not a case of just identifying which zones need staff. It's which zones need staff the most. There's about 7 zones and they're all capped, but I don't think there's enough ZA's for every zone to get a new updater. Whilst Whale Island is capped it also has the most active adventures of all the serebii zones.

Glacier Islands is the only one I see in desperate need of updaters. Then I'd say Cortoza, Talas and Cascadia could use updaters. And finally Phantom Isle, Whale Island, Astoria and The Cloud Garden seem pretty set to me. If anything, I'd focus on making boards more active rather than individual zones. Maybe reopen the Haunted Mansion or Twilight Realm on UPN and a zone on BMG. I think there's reason pretty much all the new members are coming in from Serebii even though BMG has just as big a member base. And UPN is the HQ, so I think it should be pretty active here too!

I don't have permission to view the private boards yet so I haven't been able to advertise positions for Whale Island.

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Last edited by Emp; 08-28-2012 at 02:08 PM.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:30 PM   #12507
Kori Gotcha
Boulder Badge

I had an adventure going on in Riviera about a year ago, but that fizzled. He didn't update and then I left and now it's in the bulbagarden hall of records purgatory. I'd like to start an adventure over in Cortoza. I'll have to think of an intro post today.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:03 PM   #12508
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo View Post
Well I hope who ever updates me writes some pretty dark stuff, thats why Phantom Isle was the first zone I posted in! ^^

Though for myself, its quite difficult to do as I need complete silence and isolation.
Always wanted to try my hand at Updating a dark area like the Haunted Mansion or Phantom Isle. I could never match up to mistress Stacey or ME though. ^^;

I also like to focus solely on writing. Which makes it hard to write Updates because there are so many distractions. =<
Old 08-28-2012, 03:04 PM   #12509
darkrai
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by empoleon dynamite View Post
Twilight Realm on UPN
I want this. Easily the best thought-out zone of them all. Just look at the size of it.

I remember a ball at the haunted mansion or something of the sort, a special campaign it was, can't remember much of it though, although I was in it (ithink?). Did it get finished?
EDIT: there's no record of it ): must have been prior to the upn purge (2007?)

Last edited by darkrai; 08-28-2012 at 07:22 PM.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:06 PM   #12510
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Its hard for me to choose which zones to post it because of how I want my Pokemon to be. I was going to use both Surgei my kickass new Yanmega and Hades my Shuppet on the Phantom Isle, but it is so packed I don't want to make an intro post. Cortoza was an idea but none of my mon really fit, and the others were packed. ;;

Also, never bringing Lemon Drop to the CG. Yuki will steal her from me and then I will be Tony Montana up in that shit.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:09 PM   #12511
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treepandaone View Post
Did you join around the time when the updaters updated a million times a month?
No; and if you click the link in the post you quoted and scroll down to the section where I index all of my adventures, you can see for yourself. My updator updated me around once every 1-2 months on average leaning towards 2. I got a grand total of six posts out of him in the span of roughly 10 months. Hardly "a million times a month" by which I'm sure you meant once to twice weekly. No: more like once every six to eight weeks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by empoleon dynamite View Post
If anything, I'd focus on making boards more active rather than individual zones. Maybe reopen the Haunted Mansion or Twilight Realm on UPN and a zone on BMG. I think there's reason pretty much all the new members are coming in from Serebii even though BMG has just as big a member base. And UPN is the HQ, so I think it should be pretty active here too!
Ding ding ding ding!
Old 08-28-2012, 03:10 PM   #12512
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

The resurrection of the Twilight Realm would be rad. I'd love to continue my Adventure there at some point, even if it traumatized my character never to trust old women. XP

I remember the Halloween Ball. Had a long second post typed up, then I lost it. =( Never got motivated to write another one.

Still have my intro post saved though. It's over 9 pages long. o.o;

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeVA View Post
Also, never bringing Lemon Drop to the CG. Yuki will steal her from me and then I will be Tony Montana up in that shit.
I wouldn't steal Lemon Drop. ^^; I don't even like Buneary. Traded away the one I got in Excelsior.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:15 PM   #12513
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Quote:
*cough*do mine*cough* jk lol

I understand whole heartedly, I found it hard to make an intro as well because I myself wasn't the one coming up with the end result and the road getting me there. Also I kept going back to edit them, not for major story changes but mostly because I didn't like the wording of something. I think I'm somewhat satisfied to leave all 4 posts alone...maybe >.<
Itza actually already said he'd like to take you since he likes your RP style, but wants to wait 2-3 weeks until he settles in school. I'm also starting school soon and want to see how things go first before taking on any more, sorry. ^^;

Sounds like me. XD I'm very picky about my wording.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:24 PM   #12514
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
I am going to post an intro post in the Phantom Isle, since Itzatrap seems interested in updating it.

I think my intro post should be interesting none-the-less.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:28 PM   #12515
Balmund
'Munds of fun

Send a message via Skype™ to Balmund
Quote:
I feel the same way BUT I did post in Whale Island, bringing along my Vulpix, no wild pokemon even gets close to the ship wreck of a pirate ship. I figured I wouldn't run into any water pokemon at the very least.
I've been thinking about taking you actually. It would be fun to see how your adventure affects Hayward's who also happens to be lurking around the Black Swan. I would have to take Dead Lion if I did though. Hmmm... decisions, decisions...

::FB::WF::
Old 08-28-2012, 03:38 PM   #12516
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Quote:
Also I just realized its enchantress birthday in a couple of hours, August 29th if I'm not mistaken. So before I vanish, Happy early birthday!! *poof* "classsssss awwaaiiitttttttssssssssss"
Actually it's probably her Birthday there already. =O Happy Birthday, Tess! <3
Old 08-28-2012, 03:49 PM   #12517
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Happy birthday, Tess!
Old 08-28-2012, 03:50 PM   #12518
MarbleZone
Soul Badge

I don't know Tess's time zone, but since I'm GMT I'll play it safe and wait until after midnight to officially give my congratulations. Superstitions, if you will. :P
Old 08-28-2012, 03:53 PM   #12519
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

I don't believe anyone answered my previous question, by the way- has anyone actually ever had a Shadow Pokemon purified?
Old 08-28-2012, 03:55 PM   #12520
kaisap112
Volcano Badge

Happy birthday from me, too! :3

I'm suddenly struck with inspiration to write zone adventures in the world of musicals - entertainment in general. Movies, television, radio etc.

Not sure how interested people would in stuff like that, or urban adventures in general.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:57 PM   #12521
Celebii151
ADCs in 2017 LUL

Send a message via Skype™ to Celebii151
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeVA View Post
Its hard for me to choose which zones to post it because of how I want my Pokemon to be. I was going to use both Surgei my kickass new Yanmega and Hades my Shuppet on the Phantom Isle, but it is so packed I don't want to make an intro post. Cortoza was an idea but none of my mon really fit, and the others were packed. ;;

Oh, yeah Blaze, when I first read your reply to the CG my first thought was:

'He can help with the security by bringing in two of his Pokemon.'

I lol'd because I thought your only two other Pokemon were Buneary and Yanma, who aren't really all that intimidating. But now that you have Yanmega...

PASBL Record
Trainer Level: 5
Referee Grade: B
Wins (DQ): 51 (5) Losses (DQ): 27 (6) Draws: 3
KOs: 135 TP: 294 SP (Earned): 0 (0)

Anime Style Battling | Fizzy Bubbles | Wild Future
Thanks to Pengyzu for the UserBar!
Old 08-28-2012, 06:23 PM   #12522
Stark
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkikuMew View Post
Speaking of zone captures, how long did it take you guys to get yours?
11 Days. But back then we had the Arcane Realm which really moved people along pretty fast. Plus not many people from my group of new players lasted very long, so Shinjara was able to update me pretty quickly given I was the only person she had to write for.

Happy Birthday Tess! Hope it is a great one for you!

Which reminds me... Today is Houndour day!

Spoiler: show

Last edited by Stark; 08-28-2012 at 06:37 PM.
Old 08-28-2012, 06:28 PM   #12523
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
*wishes he had a Houndour to celebrate...*

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future
Old 08-28-2012, 06:30 PM   #12524
Balmund
'Munds of fun

Send a message via Skype™ to Balmund
If you get one.... YOU WILL NOT BRING IT TO MY BASE. Stuff might happen. xP

Also, Happy Birthday Tess!
Old 08-28-2012, 06:30 PM   #12525
jolteonjak
Volcano Badge

Happy Birthday Tess! Hope you have a great day boss! =)
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out