UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 05-15-2007, 09:16 AM   #276
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Re: Pokemon diamond and pearl.

Battle Island (?) is no fun with Level 100 Milotic and Level 100 Zangoose.

I went ahead and deposited pretty much every single Pokemon I imported yesterday. :x The strong guys were too strong, and the babies were, well, babies who still need to be bred and stuff. The only big guys I'm keeping around for now are Starmie (who's Level 86 and could use the final experience) and Linoone (who's my Pick Up + Covet guy ).

I might go and do the Iron Island sidequest today. Or I might not. Depends on how fun Battle Island turns out to be. So far, so dull. (I HATED the Battle Tower in Emerald, LEAST FUN OF THE SEVEN BATTLE ZONES, and I'm really disappointed to see that it's the only portion from Emerald that they kept. God, did I love the Battle Dome. -.- Best Zone ever. And Sexy Lucy of the Battle Pike wasn't too bad, either, even if the Battle Pike itself was sort of silly.)

By the way, teaming up with a Glaceon and a Zapdos controlled by the A.I. is a lot less fun than I had hoped it would be. "Glaceon, use Mirror Coat, now!" ... every friggin' time. "Zapdos, use Pluck!" ... every friggin' time. Even though I had Rain Dance in effect for Zapdos. -.- Even though the enemies were clearly physical some times and were never going to use a special move on SpDef-buff Glaceon. -.- In the end, we did win our MultiBattle tour of the Battle Tower, but it took FOR-E-VER thanks to how many times Glaceon used Mirror Coat. In the end, I intentionally used Surf to KO it to drag out Zapdos. -.-

EDIT-Update: Ugh! :x In every previous game, when they've told you "you have to wait 24 hours," they've simply meant "You have to wait until the clock strikes midnight and it's the next day." That's the way it is with getting berries from the Berry Master, with getting TMs, with talking to Julia, a whole bunch of events. But the one time when it counts -- PAL PARK -- they really mean "24 hours" and not "when the chimes strike 12." Crap. :x So, until tonight at 11pm, no Togepi, no Starmie, no nothin' except for four ßbers and a Torchic and a Bulbasaur.

Iron Island, here I come. -.-
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 12:29 PM   #277
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

Random question:

Does Magma Armor poke have to be "next" to an egg to make it hatch faster? Or does it just have to be in the party to effect everyone?

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 03:06 PM   #278
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

Having daycare problems. :/

Both ditto and the guy I want to breed (female) were caught in this game. The ditto has the personality and the everstone. When I started the rate was around 50% impish (the personality I want). Then I turned off my game bla bla.. and suddenly I stopped getting impish eggs. Im around 0/20 now on Impish and I have no idea what the problem is. -.-

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 04:57 PM   #279
Skrusti
Boulder Badge

Magma Armour just makes eggs hatch more faster, doesn't matter where 'tis. :0 About the Impish thing...No clue. Never really messed with breeding.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:37 PM   #280
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

Kuno, did you try taking Ditto & other out then putting it back in?

Milotic now learns HAZE! Making it way sexier then it's ever been! And how does Aqua Ring work? Does it heal 1/X amount every turn until the user switches or does it stop after 5 turns? Cause Recover vs. Aqua Ring comes down to take.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 06:24 PM   #281
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Milotic doesn't learn Haze via Heart Scale. (I should know -- I checked Heart Scale moves on Hotohori earlier today and didn't see it.) I did see Aqua Ring, Aqua Tail, and a few others.

And as for the Ring, I'm not convinced it's worth it. If you use the Ring, it means you're committed to staying put. Which means they can count on switching to something Milotic fears (like a Wood Hammer-user) and know that they either (a) made you waste a turn with the Aqua Ring or (b) get off free hits. Recover's better because you can take 25% damage, heal 50% (for a net gain of +25%), and switch out. You win, they lose.

I might be convinced the Ring is worth it if it gets a boost from Rain Dance, as I'm a weather user (and yes, my Milotic knows Rain Dance), but only if it heals +25% with rain in effect per turn. Otherwise ... :\

================================================== =========

quilava_plush, I have the Metal Coat. I can trade it to you equipped to random crap. If you have spares sitting around, I'll gladly take a Charmander or Mudkip or Spiritomb. If not, random crap is fine, I'm not holding your Metal Coat hostage from you. Give me a time. (Preferably tomorrow?)

================================================== =========

SI, got your PM, but you didn't suggest a time. Really should have done that. ^_^; Anyway ... how does 9pm EST (90 minutes from now) sound to you? If not, we can do a time tomorrow. Tell me when.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:33 PM   #282
quilava plush
Boulder Badge

Send a message via AIM to quilava plush Send a message via MSN to quilava plush

QP HAET PAL PARK QUOTA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87
quilava_plush, I have the Metal Coat. I can trade it to you equipped to random crap. If you have spares sitting around, I'll gladly take a Charmander or Mudkip or Spiritomb. If not, random crap is fine, I'm not holding your Metal Coat hostage from you. Give me a time. (Preferably tomorrow?)
I've already got a spare Spiritomb, so I'll give him to you. Would, say, 4:00 PM CST or later be good? =\ I'm not sure how much work I'll be doing tomorrow, but I should be free past that time.

SI, I'll probably get your brother's Elekid tomorrow. The Elekid I'm importing to breed is on my Emerald but by Pal Park time limit hasn't let up yet (I don't remember when I migrated last night, but apparently it's pretty late -_-).
Old 05-15-2007, 07:36 PM   #283
SulcataIxlude
Cascade Badge

Send a message via AIM to SulcataIxlude Send a message via MSN to SulcataIxlude Send a message via Yahoo to SulcataIxlude

That sounds fine QP, and he was wondering if Togepi is ready yet, or still not set yet? And Talon tomorrow at the usual time we trade at would be good.
SulcataIxlude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 07:47 PM   #284
Talon87
時の彼方へ

What am I, chopped liver? >_> *has Togepi and Elekid on schedule for 11pm tonight, a.k.a. 90 minutes from now*

I thought I was giving you that Togepi, SI. Whatever.

*signs off to prepare the Arcanine of Justice*
Old 05-15-2007, 08:05 PM   #285
quilava plush
Boulder Badge

Time limit just let up, so Elekid's on the cart now. I don't have the Togepi ready either, so if it's alright then Talon can go ahead and trade his. (In this case I can just work on Elekid and have it out faster. :O) Does your brother want a specific nickname?
Old 05-15-2007, 08:15 PM   #286
SulcataIxlude
Cascade Badge

Send a message via AIM to SulcataIxlude Send a message via MSN to SulcataIxlude Send a message via Yahoo to SulcataIxlude

Ok QP my brother is at the ice gym so he'll be a few minutes, and if it is no bother could you name the elekid Malfad? Thanks a lot once again.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:27 PM   #287
quilava plush
Boulder Badge

Cool, I'll be a while myself. I somehow missed the memo that Elekid can't breed, but it's nothing a trade experience boost and Lucky Egg can't fix.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:34 PM   #288
SulcataIxlude
Cascade Badge

Alrighty QP that is no problem at all, he says just pm or post when your ready. Oh ya Talon my bro is ready for the togepi now if he is available. :O
Old 05-15-2007, 08:52 PM   #289
Talon87
時の彼方へ

if he's awake at midnight EST, cool. If not ... oops. I messed up. I discovered Pal Park last night at 11pm (not 10) and didn't really get it to work until 11:30pm or so. So the soonest the Togepi will be over is 11:30pm.

If it's any consolation, the Togepi comes with a Shiny Stone attached. On the house.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:01 PM   #290
SulcataIxlude
Cascade Badge

Hey Talon 12 est works perfectly fine for him (it will be around 9 pm pst here, so he'll still be awake.) And he says thanks for the stone too.

Edit: If it is no hassle talon he wanted to know if you could name the togepi Hepilos?
Old 05-15-2007, 09:14 PM   #291
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I can name it Hepilos. He needs to know that if I encounter the same problem with Togepi that q_p is encountering with Elekid, then it'll have to be tomorrow since Togepi is a happiness-evolver. Hopefully that won't be an issue. Elekid's only the second non-legendary creature I've ever heard of not breeding (the first being Riolu >_< ).
Old 05-15-2007, 09:18 PM   #292
SulcataIxlude
Cascade Badge

Thats alright talon if you encounter the same thing like qp does.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:31 PM   #293
quilava plush
Boulder Badge

Elekid is ready, Electrizer and all! It took a while since the first two eggs hatched into something not Adamant (and one was female), and only one egg's left but I'll hatch it with other eggs later on. Anyhow, he doesn't have Thunderpunch from the get-go, but he'll learn it at Lv.28.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:51 PM   #294
SulcataIxlude
Cascade Badge

Alrighty qp my bro is logging on, and he has a surprize for ya too.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:08 PM   #295
quilava plush
Boulder Badge

Thanks to your brother once again! I'll definitely make good use of the Heart Scale, especially with all the team building for contests and the battle tower I'll be doing.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:29 PM   #296
Deis
Pokemon Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Deis Send a message via MSN to Deis Send a message via Yahoo to Deis

Your welcome. If you ever need anymore heart scales I could try and get you some more. And thanks again for the Elekid and Omastar. Leveling my elekid as I speak. ;)
Deis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 10:36 PM   #297
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Do you guys honestly have a hard time finding Heart Scales? O.o (I've used or given away a total of 8 and have over 10 in my bag.) Maybe I just have freakin' weird luck in the Underground. Truth be told, I still only have 4 red shards ...

Bad news: Togepi can't have sex. I'm guessing that all GSC babies are banned from having sex. For whatever reason. -_-; I will try to get Togepi to be happy (giving it the happy hold item, getting it massaged, etc., whatever may work), but nothing beats partaking in battles and being part of a winning team. So ............... I'll go and do that right now. I'm so sorry about that.

In other news, I have the following new creatures which I know CAN make babies, so PM me real quick if your bro is interested in these at ALL:
- Growlithe
- Dratini
- Magmar (the adult, thank god)
- Starmie

I'm pretty sure he can find Staryu easily in the game, but Dratini, Growlithe, and Magmar, I have no clue. You tell me. I'll hang around here for a little bit while I figure out how to best spruce up Togepi.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:42 AM   #298
Skrusti
Boulder Badge

Normally I'd be like "mmm, Dratini" since they're cute little buggers, but..I wanna actually BEAT the game first. (Still waiting to go to the ice gym xd)
Old 05-16-2007, 07:17 AM   #299
Blastoise
We deny our creators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87
FYI, I produced Jirachi (from the Colo bonus disc) on Ruby, traded him to Emerald, and then tried to produce him on both Ruby and Emerald. This was back in 2005. Emerald said it was flat-out incompatible, and Ruby said "but you already got one!", so ... buyer beware. I don't know of any way to "spawn Jirachis" using the Colo disc other than to hard-reset Ruby and Sapphire. Sounds really shitty. (a.k.a. Don't ask me to spawn Jirachi. -.-)
If it's on Emerald, clone that motherfucker. Battle Tower cloning glitch FTW.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:10 AM   #300
SulcataIxlude
Cascade Badge

Woot after killing palmer yet again (my battle tower stuff got restarted when my team was defeated on it's 40ish winning streak) I had enough points to buy the power items that raise special defense, and speed. Now I am ready to train my super uuber team! One quick question: I was looking at my azelf, and I was wondering would a special sweeper set of energy ball, flamethrower, thunderbolt, and psychic (with the special attack version of choice band attached to him) be a decent?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON