UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development

Old 05-13-2017, 10:25 AM   #1
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Klefki Secret Bases!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proposal Thread
Newer members will start with a standard base in their desired location, with their a possibility of a community created list on where members can start with their new base. They will also be given a starting set of basic furniture that they can arrange themselves. The Base Shop will now be cash operated, and will primarily be used in purchasing expansions for bases and moving real estate if desired, as well as special tiles such as water or stairs. These will be much cheaper than before, and as such allows members to modify their bases at a much faster rate. This shop will also sell furniture for members to buy, as well as members being able to request custom furniture, recolor existing ones, and as well as special tiles for things such as carpet.

None of this is final, and it is heavily encouraged by those of us in the Discord for the community at large to discuss this before anything is put into place. Feedback is encouraged from all members, and as of yet none of this is set in stone.
While this is the preliminary suggestion for how Secret Bases will be operated, the opportunity still exists to discuss and refine before the new Secret Base policies are implemented.

Additionally, if we do want a Secret Base shop, that shop will need to be designed, a ZO will need to be chosen for it, etc.

Let's get this discussion underway~
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 10:44 AM   #2
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

I like these ideas

Thanks to my best friend Missingno Master for the banner
óÓŇň furry, witch, and pansexual.
Little (little age of 2-4)
Hater of loss meme
Little (space): someone who goes to a younger sense of mind to deal with stress and anxiety.
crazy in love with my boyfriend AcendedDailga
kawaiiconcept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 12:49 PM   #3
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
This is something I can get behind.
Old 05-13-2017, 01:10 PM   #4
Crys
seems theres a case aclaw

time to blow all of my cash on base cosmetics
Crys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 01:22 PM   #5
Heather
Naga's Voice

This all sounds good to me, but I would at least like to reiterate that at least some stuff like doors and what have you ought to cost dollars instead of coins,
since we're moving towards the idea of coins buying more luxury items. You want a huge pool? Maybe coins for the water tiles, but i think a door is pretty basic. Of course, that could be part of starting furniture, but i'm just using it as an example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 06:10 AM   #6
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Personally, there should be a shop, but I'm not sure as to how the line is drawn between 'luxury' and 'not luxury'. Perhaps keep decorations as cash, impose a decoration limit per base size and have size increases be coins?

Also as an aside, when we make the shop can we have display cases for Z Crystals and Mega Stones?
Old 05-14-2017, 06:52 AM   #7
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
I'm not sure we can really draw a line in the sand as to what is cash and what is coins though. I'd rather it all be coins personally.
Old 05-14-2017, 09:50 AM   #8
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Honestly that seriously depends on how rare coins are. I really do not like the idea of giving everyone a base but then charging them the rare deluxe currency to buy literally anything for the base. That's a bit of a dick move. Decorations, at least to some degree, should be a cash purchase.
Old 05-14-2017, 11:00 PM   #9
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

I like the idea of everything being cash. Bases really upset in the past because it seemed that nothing could ever happen that would allow me to afford one. I love the idea of everyone starting with one.

Frankly the whole proposal sounds fantastic and I don't think anything really needs to be changed.

if you need an SO for that shop... this guy's looking for a job.
Old 05-15-2017, 10:40 AM   #10
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

I have in my items a "Secret Base Voucher" from when they were first introduced. I am not entirely sure what it did or what it should do now. Thoughts?
Old 05-15-2017, 10:47 AM   #11
Emi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironthunder View Post
Honestly that seriously depends on how rare coins are. I really do not like the idea of giving everyone a base but then charging them the rare deluxe currency to buy literally anything for the base. That's a bit of a dick move. Decorations, at least to some degree, should be a cash purchase.
There will very likely be some sort of starter pack for furniture, but honestly Base stuff is a very solid definition of luxury. We aren't trying to be dicks, but coins do need something to be spent on.
Old 05-15-2017, 10:50 AM   #12
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

How about instead of a starter pack, each base comes with a small sum of coins? Or a voucher worth a certain amount of coins, which can only be spent on base items?

I suggest this because I am picky and 80% of base furniture is hideous. This way, everyone gets the same starting out, but also gets to indulge their own flair.

Meet me at
Spirit ★ World

!!!

Nerd Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 10:56 AM   #13
Emi

The voucher is actually a good idea and let's me give Muyo's thing a purpose.
Old 05-15-2017, 07:20 PM   #14
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
So how about this. Bases can be bought with Cash, if we do not give everyone a base at the start, and can be upgraded using coins. Everyone gets a Furniture Voucher with their base worth n amount of coins, which can be spent on furniture to decorate one's base. Additional furniture can be bought with coins. People can pay a small fee to recolor their furniture or base tiles, with each one costing x (this amount should not exceed 50 coins per item). Additionally, players may create custom furniture which can be sold in the base shop eiith mod approval. Pricing will be worked out with the mods, SO, and the member. Since custom furniture is primarily cosmetic and gives no advantage, I feel that the community doesn't really need to vote on every single piece.

Also can we name the new Base Shop "Fizzy Homes and Gardens"?

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 08:26 PM   #15
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

I am totally liking the idea of having a small free base at the start. I mean, aren't bases basically free in the game anyway? Plus I did get rid of my gigantic base I used to have (because not-so-soft reset), so having a small one to start with my new-ish character would be cool.

I would like to suggest we should have a choice of the type of base (not the size though) for the starter base.

That reminds me, there's also the whole thing about the locations to rent:
- I dunno about you guys, but as much as it's realistic to have different prices for different locations, but FB-wise it's kinda ridiculous and annoying... since everyone seem to agree to have a base right from the start, I would gladly put my vote for either being able to choose whatever location we want to move in and then pay if we want to move our base to another location, or simply take the "fuck it" route and not care of the location of our base at all.
- That said, perhaps we could have more locations to move into? Of those I remembered were nice (iirc, there was the haunted plains, the beach, the clouds and... I know there's more but I forgot), but I feel like there would be more choices, like temple ruins, a forest, mountains, and others, that could be more fitting for certain Pokémon types/trainers.
- Should we just dump the idea of base damage because of the location weather, plus the insurance to protect you from it? Not only it seems like a pain in the butt to update (then again, it was the low-update Arn doing it...) but it's just a sad pain in the butt for base owners too. So best solution would just can the whole thing ^^;

Oh speaking of "Secret Base Voucher" Muyo has, I also have a "Base Token" hanging around my items (which I kept, just in case). What would that be useful for now? Same as before?

As for pokédollars vs. coins, I think it's in the same boat as the Boutique is in. They're technically luxury items, but since all it does is help into putting/setting a story in without affecting the Pokémon's strength, it's not worth putting coins into it. I would say, like the Boutique, put it as Pokédollars, but if people prefer a small amount of coins instead, then *shrugs*

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 11:59 PM   #16
Schala
Savior of Pokemon-kind

A basic small starting base + a voucher to get some starting furniture sounds good. Expansions and any furnishings after that should cost coins. And yeah, insurance was dumb, scrap that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkikuMew View Post
As for pokédollars vs. coins, I think it's in the same boat as the Boutique is in. They're technically luxury items, but since all it does is help into putting/setting a story in without affecting the Pokémon's strength, it's not worth putting coins into it. I would say, like the Boutique, put it as Pokédollars, but if people prefer a small amount of coins instead, then *shrugs*
See, the problem I have with this is that an argument for something be not count as luxury can be made for just about anything, and if we end up having one or two 'luxury' things, then what's the point of coins? Either we need to come to an agreement that more than shiny spray and devolution spray (the latter of which I'm not sure we even need because the reset thread allows people to de-evolve for free) are luxury items, or we just scrap coins and make them cost a large amount of Pokedollars. There's no need for a currency that can only buy one or two things.

For coins to makes sense as a currency (at least in my opinion), we need several things available for purchase, at a range of prices. The Boutique seem fairly ideal for 'cheap' luxury items. The cost of everything besides the sprays should be low and affordable. Bases strike me as low to mid-range. Basic furniture would be cheap, bigger more elaborate items would cost a bit more, and expansions would fall on a bit more pricier side.

The point is, luxury items don't have to cost a lot of coins, and in fact some luxury items should be cheap. It doesn't make any sense to just have a handful of big ticket items that require an entirely different currency that has to be kept track of, made obtainable, etc, and I think bases and the Boutique present a great opportunity to expand the use of coins.
Schala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 08:56 PM   #17
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

So here's a question: I have an old base that I built ages ago and am not really super happy with now. I wouldn't mind swapping a new one out if new base rules were drafted up (or even if we just re-implement old ones). Would we allow for people to move bases, and if so, would they get value out of their old base?

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 08:26 PM   #18
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

From the Economy Revamp thread:

SECRET BASES: Secret bases would either be totally free or would require a flat rate of Pokedollars to purchase. No limits would be placed on environment, and purchasing of items would not be necessary. These would essentially be free RP zones for individual members with pure, creative freedom.

The idea of totally free Secret Bases, with no dedicated shop, as a free RP area for our members (limit one per member):

Y/N?
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 09:17 PM   #19
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

That's an interesting idea. I think I'd still want to create images for my Secret Base, the way I do now, but yeah- basically making them individual and completely customizable free RP areas, with no cost whatsoever (beyond any potential cost of getting the base in the first place)? I like this idea. I have so many more ideas for my Secret Base- this could be interesting!
Old 05-18-2017, 09:19 PM   #20
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

I'm 100% down for bases being free, customizable FreeRP areas. I too have so many ideas I would like to explore and I've not even been allowed to touch a base.

Meet me at
Spirit ★ World

!!!

Nerd Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 10:25 PM   #21
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

I would love secret bases being free and easily customizable for the sole purpose of roleplaying. That's like a dream come true so yes please.
Old 05-18-2017, 10:27 PM   #22
Heather
Naga's Voice

I find the idea interesting, to say the least, though it heavily devalues the stuff that has been purchased over the years. I'm fine with it having a price tag, I just want to know what Coins look like in terms of obtaining them before we decide to make 90% of Base stuff buy-in-coins. I know the general attitude at the moment is you get them for finishing adventures, but I want to know for sure that that's going to be a method.

That being said, having it be an unlimited Free RP area is more convenient for explaining my character's long absence, but that's neither here nor there

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 10:24 AM   #23
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
I'm perfectly fine with the free base thing, and if Marion's economy proosal goes ahead, coins will be a non-issue Heather.

Mind you, it's gonna sting given how much I spent on getting the Spire as it is, but then those coins were basically free anyway under a broken as fuck system so hey ho.

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 10:44 AM   #24
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Considering I have like, no Coins left in my account anyway I guess I'm okay with this. XP Besides, this means my 'mons can finally open the Beachside Bakery. \o/
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 11:50 AM   #25
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

I'm down with free bases! I still don't know what exactly I'm gonna make as a base, but I'm happy to see that I'm free to do whatever I want

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development