UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Gym League

Old 08-08-2021, 12:36 PM   #1
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Wishing Well Raid Battle 7: vs. Gigantamax Meowth!

Gigantamax Raid Boss Meowth
★★★★★

Health Gauge: 100%
Shields Up: 0

Raid Challengers

Missingno. Master, Meowstic: 300 HP
lilboocorsola, Linoone: 500 HP {Devil Horns (+20% to Fire moves)}
lil'twick, Togetic: 500 HP {Eviolite (+50% both defences if NFE)}
Connor, Pangoro: 400 HP {Black Belt (+20% to Fighting moves)}
Zelphon, Dragapult: 500 HP {Shadownium-Z}
CrazyCreeperKid, Mismagius: 300 HP
Median Dia, Metagross: 500 HP {Metagrossite}

As the raiders arrive, ready for trouble, it soon becomes clear of their adversary when the Meowth before them begins to stretch and make it double its height, before continuing to expand vertically to a great height. To protect the well from devastation, the raiders rally to unite their pokemon with the local region and to denounce the evil, ruthless and tough. As the raid boss's reach extends nearly to the stars above, Gigantamax Meowth towers up, massive coin dazzling with a beam of light, and as the ghostly Mismagius feels energy well within there was only one option remaining to the team.

Surrender now, or prepare to fight.

Dynamax Initiative: CrazyCreeperKid, Mismagius.

• Trainers may only list 1 order per round. They are also permitted to using 1 item in lieu of an attack.
  • Dynamax Initiative will select a trainer at random. If a trainer has initiative, they may choose to Dynamax their Pokemon for a duration of 3 turns. Dynamaxed Pokemon may only select a Max Attack of a corresponding type from their registered moveset, or Max Guard in place of status moves.
  • When issuing an attack, please state the attack's unbuffed Base Power (BP).
  • If a hold item or ability’s effect is activated in the present round as a result of the previous round’s damage calculation or the present round’s orders, please state it clearly in your response.
  • Roleplaying your orders is optional, but $250 may be collected for responses of 250 words or greater, and Bond will accumulate only for the trainer’s active Pokemon in battle.
  • You have until Wednesday, 11th August to place your order.

Last edited by Raves; 08-08-2021 at 12:46 PM.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 12:49 PM   #2
Zelphon
Caffeinated

Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
Starting us off with the classic Infestation (20 BP)

Zelphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 12:50 PM   #3
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Pirates of the Fizzibbean- The Tale of Captain Meowth

"Their captain?!" Keith and Willa repeated incredulously and simultaneously.

"Yeah," Meowth sighed. "Before Perrserker, I was da one callin' da shots wit dat crew."

"That's... more than a little shocking," Meowstic admitted. "I... would never have guessed."

"Well, I'm glad ta hear ya ain't neva would'a guessed," Meowth stated. "Cuz I strived ta make sure I left dat part o' my life firmly behind me-owth.

"It's definitely hard to imagine," Keith admitted with a shrug. "I can't really see you at the helm of a ship, commanding a crew of cutthroat Galarian Meowth.

"Heh, you'd'a been shocked ta see me back in dose days," Meowth replied. "But I guess I betta start at da beginnin'."

"A good place to start, I think," Willa stated.

"Alright... well, it all started years ago," Meowth began. "Before youse traded fer me, before my previous two Trainers even met me."

"Wait, but I looked into those records a long time ago," Keith frowned. "Your original Trainer got you from an Egg in the old Egg House."

Meowth shook his head. "Dat's wat dey told him," he stated. "I'll get more inta dat later. Fer now, suffice ta say dat place ain't exactly kept on top o' tings. Now, den," he continued. "Before any Trainer had any claim ta lay ta me-owth... well, I lived in da wild, as Pokémon do. Da story begins wit dis weird energy. I ain't known wat ta make of it back den, though nowadays I know it's Dynamax Energy. I'd fallen inta dis hole in da ground, knocked me clean out. I ain't too clear on wat happened in da meantime, but dere's... patchy memories of a ridiculous view from high up, and dis ominous red glow. And when I came to..."

~~~~~

"Owww... what happened?"

"Yarr, he awakens!"

"Arr!"

"Arrrgh!"

"...Eh?" murmured the Normal Form Meowth as he unsteadily got up. All around him, he could see other Meowth, though all very different from himself- wild, tough fur, hornlike whiskers, yellow eyes, charms as black as Murkrow feathers. "What's all this?" he meowed. "What happened?"

"Lemme tell ye, matey," said one of the Galarian Meowth, one who Meowth couldn't help but find quite... pretty. "Ye fought off seven enemies in one go!" she grinned. "Me an' the rest of us, we ain't seen nothin' like it before!" The other Galarian Meowth all voiced their agreement.

"Eheheh... I mean, it was nothing," Meowth replied modestly.

"Arrgh, no need fer modesty amongst us, lad!" chimed in another Galarian Meowth.

"Aye! We's all Meowth here, ain't we?" added another.

"See, yer beholdin' the crew o' the Iron Charm!" declared the female Galarian Meowth. "Most feared pirate ship in the Fizzibbean! Now, here be the deal- we been a crew without a captain fer far too long, and after what we seen, yer the obvious choice to lead us to greatness!"

~~~~~

"Afta dose flatterin' words, what's a Meowth wit nuttin' else goin' fer him ta say?" Meowth shrugged. It was at this moment he took hold of Meowstic's paw with his own, and the Psychic-type took the cue, pulling Meowth into a gentle embrace, which the Scratch Cat Pokémon looked most appreciative of, pausing for a moment to look into Meowstic's eyes before continuing his tale.

OOC: Meowstic used Light Screen (0 BP).
Old 08-08-2021, 12:53 PM   #4
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
We're gonna prevent any cheeky shenanigens with a Safeguard (0 BP)

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 03:38 PM   #5
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Team Pocket's here to prove who's the superior thief treasure hunter! PROCK(et) SMASH (40 BP)!
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 05:26 AM   #6
CrazyCreeperKid
Rainbow Badge

Minerva is passing on the Dynamax Factor; and also using Focus Blast (120 BP)
CrazyCreeperKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 07:40 AM   #7
Connor
Flashbacker

Focus Blast (120 BP, Black Belt)
Old 08-10-2021, 10:38 AM   #8
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Now then, guess it's time to unleash a little somethin' special for the first time. Behold, a four-armed hunk of metal!

Spoiler: show

...Wait, wrong image. Let's try that again.

Spoiler: show

Yup, we're gonna Mega Evolve, and use Hammer Arm (100 BP; boosted by Tough Claws)~
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 04:16 PM   #9
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.

★★★★★

Health Gauge: 85%
Status: Sp. Def +2, Light Screen (4 Turns Remaining), Infestation (4 Turns Remaining).

Raid Boss Attack Summary

Attack 1: Snatch (0 BP)

Meowth snatched Meowstic's Light Screen!
Meowth snatched Togetic's Safeguard!

Attack 2: Amnesia (0 BP)

Meowth's special defence sharply rose!

Attack 3: Skull Bash (130 BP)

Meowth's defence rose!
Median Dia, Metagross: 368 HP

Raid Challengers

(Safeguard, 4 Turns Remaining)

lil'twick, Togetic: 500 HP {Eviolite (+50% both defences if NFE)}
Connor, Pangoro: 400 HP {Black Belt (+20% to Fighting moves)}
Zelphon, Dragapult: 500 HP {Shadownium-Z}
Median Dia, Metagross: 368 HP {Metagrossite} [Mega Evolved

The battle begins as many do with the raiders taking the opportunity to bolster their defences and to start wearing away at the boss with damage over time, as Linoone goes for the defence drop, scoring it as Metagross taps into its Metagrossite and mega evolves, the robotic spider growing four more limbs and toughening its claws for the battle ahead.

The noodly feline is having absolutely none of this nonsense and pre-emptively snatches the incoming Light Screen for himself, ensuring protection from special attacks for the time being. That said, a few hefty blows still strike it, but not enough to trouble the boss who feels displeased at the raiders attempts to thwart its offensive presence, and promptly bolsters its special defence even more, eyeing the Pangoro suspiciously. Meowth then rears back, shiny coin gleaming to undo the defence drop before slamming into the Metagross hard with a skull bash, that despite the resistance and bolstered armour from the mega evolution, makes a noticable dent. As the infestation ticks away at the oversized cat, the other long fluffy critter on the field feels empowered.

Dynamax Initiative: lilboocorsola, Linoone.

• Trainers may only list 1 order per round. They are also permitted to using 1 item in lieu of an attack.
  • Dynamax Initiative will select a trainer at random. If a trainer has initiative, they may choose to Dynamax their Pokemon for a duration of 3 turns. Dynamaxed Pokemon may only select a Max Attack of a corresponding type from their registered moveset, or Max Guard in place of status moves.
  • If a hold item or ability’s effect is activated in the present round as a result of the previous round’s damage calculation or the present round’s orders, please state it clearly in your response.
  • Roleplaying your orders is optional, but $250 may be collected for responses of 250 words or greater, and Bond will accumulate only for the trainer’s active Pokemon in battle.
  • You have until Saturday, 14th August to place your order.

Last edited by Raves; 08-12-2021 at 04:26 PM.
Old 08-12-2021, 04:59 PM   #10
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Keith and Willa exchanged looks, shrugging their shoulders. "When Meowth puts it like that, I'm not certain I can blame him," Willa admitted.

"Same here, yeah," Keith nodded. "They probably made him feel like he fit in for the first time... boy, if anyone can relate..." he chuckled.

"...it would be us," Willa finished, nodding as well.

"Yes... anyone in that situation would surely desire such a turn of events," Meowstic agreed.

"Yeah, youse gets it," Meowth purred gratefully. "So... yeah. Fer a long time, it was a pretty decent situation, all tings considered," he shrugged. "I grew inta da role o' captain pretty quick, if I do say so myself..."

~~~~~

The cargo ship was moving fast over the waves, her crew frantic to reach their location in the Cascadia Archipelago before their pursuers caught up, but alas, that looked to be the case. The crew didn't know what was more disturbing- that they were actually under attack by pirates, or that said pirates were Pokémon! Loud, commanding screeches and meows could be heard from the helm of the Iron Charm, as her captain, who was still an alleged hatching, two trades, and a trading machine malfunction away from gaining the power of human speech, issued commands to his crew.

"We're comin' up on her port side!" Captain Meowth shouted as he adjusted the wheel accordingly. "All paws, battle stations!"

"Yes, sir!" "Aye aye, captain!" and other such affirmative yowls sounded from the deck below as the various Galarian Meowth busied themselves. Some of the crew of the cargo ship had sent out Pokémon of their own- a few Slowbro and Jellicent could be seen on the port side of the ship, ready to fight back.

The female Galarian Meowth stood beside the captain. "Arr, fer certain they ain't goin' down without a fight, sir," she remarked.

"Oh, aye," agreed Captain Meowth. "But don't ye worry none- they want a fight, we can give 'em one!" he grinned. "First mate, be everyone in position?"

"Aye, captain," nodded the Galarian Meowth by the captain's side. "Ready and awaitin' orders."

And so Captain Meowth kept a careful eye. "All paws, prepare fer a Shadow Ball broadside, on my order," he instructed his crew. "Hold... hold..." And once he was certain the time was right, he gestured with his paw. "FIRE!!" he commanded.

And at once, the Galarian Meowth obeyed, shooting Shadow Ball after Shadow Ball at the enemies. The Slowbro and Jellicent, having clearly been sent out in anticipation of Steel-type moves, were caught unawares by the super effective Ghost-type onslaught. The Jellicent had the good sense to back away, while the Slowbro cluelessly stood in place, taking the attacks until they fell over.

Captain Meowth, meanwhile, wasn't just wasting time watching this happen- rather, he was continuing to steer the Iron Charm, bringing her closer and closer to her target. "Prepare to board!" he called to his crew, and indeed, a number of the Galarian Meowth were getting ready to leap aboard the cargo ship, while the others threw their grappling hooks to keep the ships together. And once they had drawn close enough, leap they did! The crew, helpless against such numbers, especially without any more conscious Pokémon, weren't able to put up any sort of effective resistance as the ferocious felines robbed them blind.

OOC: Meowstic used Light Screen (0 BP).
Old 08-12-2021, 05:06 PM   #11
Lil'twick
Insanity

Let's showcase the power of Eviolite while protecting our allies with a Follow Me (0 BP)!

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 08-13-2021, 06:43 AM   #12
Connor
Flashbacker

Taunt (0 BP)

Last edited by Connor; 08-13-2021 at 10:22 AM.
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 10:30 AM   #13
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Stealing another's defenses doesn't guarantee that you can use them as well, you know. Brick Break (75 BP; Tough Claws boosted), away!
Old 08-13-2021, 11:05 AM   #14
Zelphon
Caffeinated

From the darkest depths of our shackled hearts we pull forth now the symbol of our strength!

SOULSTAINED PENUMBRA! (190 BP)

[Based off of Shadow End]

Old 08-15-2021, 09:03 AM   #15
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Becky lemmee ROCK SMASH (40 BP)
Old 08-17-2021, 04:01 PM   #16
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

★★★★★

Health Gauge: 75%
Shields Up: 8

Raid Boss Attack Summary

Attack 1: Shockwave (0 BP)

The raid boss cleared all stat changes and mental effects, and nullified raider abilities next turn!

Attack 2: Max Flutterby (120 BP)

Lil'twick, Togetic: 455 HP
The raiders' special attack fell!

Attack 3: Rage (20 BP)

Lil'twick, Togetic: 432 HP

Raid Challengers

(Light Screen (4 Turns Remaining), Safeguard (3 Turns Remaining))

lil'twick, Togetic: 432 HP [Sp. Att -1]{Eviolite (+50% both defences if NFE)}
Connor, Pangoro: 400 HP [Sp. Att -1] {Black Belt (+20% to Fighting moves)}
Zelphon, Dragapult: 500 HP [Sp. Att -1] {Shadownium-Z (Expired)}
Median Dia, Metagross: 368 HP [Sp. Att -1]{Metagrossite} [Mega Evolved]

DQ warnings: CrazyCreeperKid

Having robbed the raiders of their light screen, Meowth looms over the group watching them for their next actions, and the oversized noodle doesn't seem too fussed by the raiders getting their own screen up. However, the Pangoro's mockery infuriates the feline, even more so as the resilient Togetic dares the raid boss to have a go if they think they're hard enough with a Follow Me, flaunting their Eviolite as they do so. The follow up Brick Break makes the raid boss hiss, even more so as their barrier is shattered, but nothing is as affrontuous as the shadow Dragapult's ace in the hole, the Shadownium-Z activating and an incredibly powerful Soulstained Penumbra rains from the void to do tremendous damage to the feline, who is taken aback by the shadow move and horrified at the actual monster before it to the point that the Linoone's shin punch barely fazes it, though Mismagius is stuck staring at the cat like a mouse caught in its shiny head charm. Ooh, pretty...

Disgusted and enraged, Meowth clears its taunting with a shockwave that nullifies the raiders own abilities before taking but a second to contemplate the best course of action, before dropping a powerful Max Flutterby...that does surprisingly very little to Togetic, the natural double resistance to Bug and Eviolite dropping the damage to a shameful fraction, though the special offensive drop is felt across the board to mixed effect. Meowth then slaps the fairy with its paw in irritance, seething internally as its rage begins to build, as infestation ticks and does just enough to force the boss to shields, even as the overly tanky fairy feels the surge of the power spot.

Dynamax Initiative: Lil'twick, Togetic.

• You have until Friday, 20th August to place your order.
Old 08-17-2021, 04:36 PM   #17
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"...we was mastas of our craft," Meowth said. "We plundered pretty much any ship wat dat came in our sights. First it was out o' greed, but den it was out o' necessity."

"Necessity?" repeated Keith.

"See, word o' mouth started ta spread," Meowth explained. "Ship captains started gettin' more careful like. Dey stopped underestimatin' us, and half o' dem'd make good deir getaways before we'd even started ta give chase."

"I see," nodded Meowstic. "You ended up having to take what you could get."

"Beggas can't be choosas," Meowth nodded. "Though it must be said, we ain't neva gone hungry," he added fairly. "I was pretty good at wat I did. Yeah... back den, we was livin' da life, and yers truly felt on top o' da world." He gave a heavy sigh as he reminisced.

~~~~~

"Arrr har har har!" Captain Meowth laughed as he tossed handfuls of coins in the air. "What a haul! Arrr, life do be great, though," he sighed with a contented grin. "Ain't that right, first mate?" he added, turning to the Galarian Meowth beside him.

"Aye, captain," grinned the first mate. "Fer certain ye've done it again. Keepin' us rollin' in shiny things and keepin' our belies full, it be no small feat." And she nuzzled the captain affectionately- an action which, it must be said, Captain Meowth had no objections to.

"Arr, just doin' me job," purred the captain, nuzzling her back. "Just as ye does yer own job, and no mistake, ye does it well."

"Mmm, ye flatters me, captain," purred the first mate. "I be but a simple Galarian Meowth, no different from the rest o' the crew."

"I'll not stand fer such nonsense bein' uttered on me ship," smirked Captain Meowth. "Ain't no one I'd rather have as me first mate, in ev'ry sense o' the term."

"So then, ye'll keep on helpin' me, so I can maybe learn that new Steel Beam move?" asked the first mate.

"Oh, aye," nodded Captain Meowth. "But first, methinks I ought acquaint ye with me own Steel Be-"

~~~~~

"Meowth, I will pay you literally anything to not finish that sentence," Keith interrupted.

"Eheheh, sorry," Meowth chuckled sheepishly. "Dems was my ways back den, wat can I say?"

"So she was the first relationship you were in, then," said Meowstic. "I... take it there's more to that story, then? That things went downhill?"

"Ehh, youse could say dat," Meowth nodded.

"Could say what?" inquired Willa.

"Dat tings ain't stayed dat good forever," Meowth sighed. "Da first mate, she got all da special treatment from me. Bigga cut o' any loot we scored. First pick o' da shiniest coins or da best Technical Machines. Dinin' wit da captain. And I'd help her learn any new move she put her mind to. Steel Beam were just da tip o' da Bergmite, but dat was da big one wit her. Helpin' her out like dat, it ended up makin' me feel real good, fer more den one reason," he added sheepishly.

"But...?" Willa prompted Meowth.

"...but it ain't lasted," Meowth sighed. "I'll neva forget da day she mastered Steel Beam..."

OOC: Meowstic used Charge Beam (50 BP).

*As a result of reaching 10 Bond, Meowstic learned Gummi Bomb (Dark)!*

*As a result of reaching 10 Bond, Meowstic learned the Egg move Assist!*
Old 08-18-2021, 06:37 AM   #18
Lil'twick
Insanity

Well, time to become a god. We're going to Dynamax here! Let's crush those shields with a Max Starfall (130 BP off of Play Rough)!

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 08-18-2021, 06:13 PM   #19
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Let's play the cat's own game with a PAY DAY (50 BP)!
Old 08-19-2021, 09:04 AM   #20
Connor
Flashbacker

Focus Blast (120 BP)
Old 08-19-2021, 11:21 AM   #21
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Shields in the way? No problem! Get rid of them all with the revolutionary new move, Power-Up Punch! Get yours today for just the low, low price of 40 BP, and get back to beating Raid Bosses black and blue today!*

*Not suitable for children under the age of 13. Available while supplies last

Last edited by Median Dia; 08-19-2021 at 11:27 AM.
Old 08-19-2021, 12:30 PM   #22
Zelphon
Caffeinated

Shadow Fire (75 BP)

Old 08-21-2021, 09:34 AM   #23
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

★★★★★

Health Gauge: 66%
Status: Att +6, Def -1, S. Def -1, Infestation (2 Turns Remaining)

KO Count: 1.

Raid Boss Attack Summary

Attack 1: G-Max Gold Rush (140 BP)

Connor, Pangoro: 64 HP

Attack 2: Lash Out (150 BP)

Missingno. Master, Meowstic: 0 HP

Attack 3: Lash Out (150 BP)

lilboocorsola, Linoone: 260 HP

Raid Challengers

(Light Screen (3 Turns Remaining), Safeguard (2 Turns Remaining))

Missingno. Master, Meowstic: 0 HP
lilboocorsola, Linoone: 260 HP {Devil Horns (+20% to Fire moves)}
lil'twick, Togetic: 632 HP [Sp. Att -1]{Eviolite (+50% both defences if NFE)} [Dynamaxed: 2 Turns Remaining]
Connor, Pangoro: 64 HP [Sp. Att -1] {Black Belt (+20% to Fighting moves)}
Zelphon, Dragapult: 500 HP [Sp. Att -1] {Shadownium-Z (Expired)}
Median Dia, Metagross: 368 HP [Sp. Att -1]{Metagrossite} [Mega Evolved]

Disqualified: CrazyCreeperKid

Taking in the dynamax energy, Togetic dynamaxes and becomes all but invulnerable, as the Mismagius promptly turns tail and flees the scene, growing bored of what is likely a simple done and dusted fight. This does however leave Meowth feeling a little winded as one of the shields evaporates, but every other one of its barriers immediately crumbles under an intense barrage of assaults. As Dragapult's trainer calls for a Shadow Fire, the shadow pokemon doesn't seem to notice, mind clouded by the shadows, and instead breaks the final shield with a U-Turn!

This however was Meowth's plan all along. With rage building behind the assaults, the feline's physical might was capped out, and its lowered defences would only serve to enhance its own countermeasures. With a mighty roar, the oversized noodle unleashes its signature technique, a devastating G-Max Gold Rush! Rearing back, it snaps forth and slams its coined head down on top of Pangoro, dealing tremendous damage as the bear is buried under a mountain of coins, though the safeguard protects him from concussion and confusion as he slowly digs himself free. Meowstic is nowhere near as fortunate: with its reduced defences, Meowth lashes out and slays the opposing feline in a single blow, before doing significant damage to the surprised Linoone with another one, the cat proving it has claws and knows how to use them as the gloves come off.

Dynamax Initiative: Lil'twick, Togetic.

• You have until Monday, 23rd August to place your order.
Old 08-21-2021, 10:41 AM   #24
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

We need to hot Shields this round, which means I need to hit really hard to get us there. And that means that it's time for another Hammer Arm (100 BP; Tough Claws-boosted), of course!
Old 08-21-2021, 11:13 AM   #25
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"There! Try it again!" Captain Meowth called out encouragingly. And the first mate of the Iron Charm stood there, panting heavily, having just attempted and failed yet another attempt to pull off the move she'd been trying to learn for so long. They had gone ashore on a small rocky island, so that the two could work on Steel Beam without risking damage to the ship.

"Captain... I don't know..." panted the first mate.

"Arrgh, belay that!" interrupted Captain Meowth. "After all yer practicin', there can be no doubt! Ye can do this! Now show me! Show me Steel Beam!"

"GaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" yowled the first mate, digging deep within her... and glowing brightly! Captain Meowth's eyes shined with awe as his subordinate/girlfriend evolved before his eyes. And didn't just evolve, but also seemed to gain a newfound mastery of the very move they had been working on, for as soon as the glow faded, the newly-evolved Perrserker let loose a forceful Steel Beam that reduced the nearby big rock to rubble.

"Yarrr!" Captain Meowth exclaimed, beaming with pride as he went up to pull his first mate into a hug, only for Perrserker to beat him to it, yanking him rather forcefully into an embrace instead. The captain hadn't been expecting such roughness, but brushed off the observation- she had only just evolved, after all. It was a very emotionally-charged time, she needed a second to acclimate to her newfound size and strength.

~~~~~

"So she evolved into Perrserker at the same time as she mastered Steel Beam?" said Willa.

"Bingo," nodded Meowth. "Hard ta believe I used ta tink dat was da proudest moment o' my life...

"I suppose it's understandable," Meowstic remarked, though sounding a bit subdued.

"...Meowstic, I wanna make one ting clear," Meowth stated, having picked up on this subdued tone. "I'd pick youse ova her any day o' da week. And ya don't gotta take my word fer it right now just yet, neither- I ain't even gotten ta dat part o' da story," he added.

"...I appreciate that, Meowth," admitted Meowstic with a small smile.

"So... what did happen after that, then?" Keith asked Meowth. "Your girlfriend had mastered a tricky new move and even evolved... you had to be feeling on top of the world at that time... so what happened?" he asked.

"Yeah, I felt dat way in da moment," Meowth nodded. "And not witout reason. Notorious, feared, and super successful pirate captain, loyal crew, awesome girlfriend... fer one brief, shinin' moment, dat was me-owth. Dat was my life. And it felt incredible, fer da rest o' da day."

"Why? What happened?" came a voice that got everyone to turn their heads.

"Maribel!" Keith chuckled. "Sweetie, when did you get here?" For indeed, Keith and Willa's daughter was standing right at the start of the dock.

"A little while ago," responded Maribel. "Right around the time you told Meowth you'd pay him anything to not finish a sentence, what was that about?"

"Nothing," said Keith and Willa simultaneously. Maribel rolled her eyes, but smiled and did not press the matter.

"So, yes, to fill you in," said Willa. "Meowth was telling us about how he used to be a pirate captain," explained Willa. "He commanded a crew of Galarian Meowth, including one who became his girlfriend at the time-"

"-which is the one who had evolved into Perrserker, right?" finished Maribel.

"Dat's da one," Meowth nodded. "So yeah, everyting was great fer da rest o' da day. But dat night..." Meowth's face darkened. "Dat night, dere was a mutiny."

OOC: Cheering to heal Marco the Pangoro.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Gym League