UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment

Old 12-21-2012, 08:40 PM   #1
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

It's time for a DEATH BAAAAATTTLLEEE!!!!!!

So I'm sure anyone who knows what I'm talking about was looking forward to Goku vs. Superman. Thoughts? Disappointed at the delay? Also I guess it will be a general death battle thread so we can discuss previous episodes too.

biggggg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:42 PM   #2
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Wut.

Not to be rude...but they are like from two different universes, and have some of the least logical backgrounds.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:44 PM   #3
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

Go watch it before you make judgements. I suggest Shadow vs Vegeta or Link vs Cloud to start with.

Old 12-21-2012, 08:45 PM   #4
Emi

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggggg5 View Post
Go watch it before you make judgements. I suggest Shadow vs Vegeta or Link vs Cloud to start with.
This sounds like it is fan based.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:48 PM   #5
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

It kind of is. It is based at screwattack.com. But the reasons they give for the victors are really good arguments, even if it is disappointing sometimes.
The fight animations are really well done too. Especially during the later episodes.

Old 12-21-2012, 09:39 PM   #6
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

Didn't they also do Rainbow Dash vs. Starscream?
Old 12-21-2012, 09:40 PM   #7
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

Yes. And Dash pwned.

Old 12-21-2012, 11:57 PM   #8
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

This sounds retarded.
Amras.MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:59 PM   #9
Emi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amras.MG View Post
This sounds retarded.
Oh, so I am not the only one thinking this?
Old 12-22-2012, 11:22 AM   #10
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

Well I respect your guys' opinion. I wish you would watch them before passing judgement but I can't force you. But if you are gonna hate on it then please don't do it in this thread.

Old 12-22-2012, 02:25 PM   #11
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Sorry, bro. Checked out the site. It's pretty lame.

Stopped reading when an article on 8 reasons why they hate DBZ had about half of the list weren't canon or in-universe. Except for the comments pointing that exact thing out.

Sorry, bro.
KAIRNE I WILL RIP OFF YOUR SCROTUM AND FEED IT TO YOU THROUGH A FUCKING SWIRLY STRAW.

Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:41 PM   #12
Dylan_Cypher
Pokemon Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Dylan_Cypher Send a message via MSN to Dylan_Cypher Send a message via Yahoo to Dylan_Cypher Send a message via Skype™ to Dylan_Cypher
Okay, real talk, saying a site is lame because they have opinions that are flawed is kinda bullshit. This is because everyone's opinions are flawed.

Getting back on topic though - Death Battle. First watched Link Vs Cloud and the reason I kept watching was because Link won. I'm a huge FF and FFVII fanboy and even I know Link deserved that win. So when I saw they weren't just prattling the Square fanboys in that one I wondered who else they were and were not prattling to.

If you liked the show Deadliest Warrior then you'd like Death Battle cause they're the same show. As has been stated the animated fights are well done and the characters abilities are analyzed before and after the fights in a logical and methodical way.

This isn't some schmuk on youtube chopping together animated series footage this is pro-level content and deserves to not be judged as lame just because it's fan-based.

@biggggg5: What's your favorite Death Battle so far. I'd be happy to get a legit discussion going.

Last edited by Dylan_Cypher; 12-30-2012 at 05:45 PM.
Dylan_Cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:00 PM   #13
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
I think the problem with Superman vs. Goku is there isn't really any consistency when it comes to how Superman's powers are portrayed. Goku lives in an over-the-top universe where spontaneous discoveries occur during the heat of battle, whereas Superman knows his limits internally.

Really, this battle isn't cut-and-dry, it all depends on the environment and how one rectifies the series logics. Though, I can't imagine Goku losing in most cases, even in a more tame universe similar to Superman's. He's just way too OP.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:55 PM   #14
Spikkle
Cascade Badge

Send a message via MSN to Spikkle
I loved these.

I agree that Screwattack in general is so much horse manure (and you can tell, by the inclusion of 'Boomstick', that they're playing to a certain audience), but this series is that diamond in the rough.

Thoroughly enjoyed Eggman vs Wily, Bomberman vs Digdug and Rogue vs Wonderwoman.

Link vs Cloud is of course the standout winner. That pegasus boots sequence...

Spikkle ------ Hollo ------ Tyke ------ Kooky Monster ------ Blake ------ Rockon

PASBL Squad | Fizzy Bubbles | Winner of deo's Award for Least Intelligent Comment of All Time

Need refs for: vs. Copy (new match)

Bonus:
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyranidos View Post
Pikachu is like me when I play tennis. If I play someone that sucks, I start to suck and lose. But if I play someone good, I play somewhat decently and still lose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowshocker View Post
"One cross referee; one wayward pinch of banned narcotic substance, one RNG... AND KABLOOIE!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Emperor View Post
And the round starts off with both Pokemon pulling out a Monopoly Board and.. it seems to work! Relicanth starts things off by picking the Tophat. Vulpix seems to be upset, as he coveted that piece. Luckily for him he does just that! Vulpix uses Covet and gets to play with the Tophat piece. Relicanth looks quite upset by these turn of events, and decides to use the Car instead!

The round continues with Relicanth landing on Central Avenue! He decides to purchase the property.. it's super effective! Vulpix instead decides to use Imprison! Suddenly Relicanth finds himself in jail! What an exciting twist! The round ends with Relicanth unable to do anything else at the moment.

Spikkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:00 PM   #15
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

I wouldn't know I haven't really seen anything on there other than death battle. I do agree that the ending to eggman and wily was hilarious.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:48 AM   #16
Spikkle
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
I think the problem with Superman vs. Goku is there isn't really any consistency when it comes to how Superman's powers are portrayed. Goku lives in an over-the-top universe where spontaneous discoveries occur during the heat of battle, whereas Superman knows his limits internally.

Really, this battle isn't cut-and-dry, it all depends on the environment and how one rectifies the series logics.
This. The trouble with Superman is that he's a clusterfuck of different powers that have been developed over more than 50 years of comics, and depending on which Superman you're talking about he might be invulnerable, which is probably the most important power of his to take into consideration. There is only one canonical version of Goku (Dragonball Evolution does NOT count dammit), whereas there are literally dozens of incarnations of Superman in various media. Even if 'invulnerability' doesn't really make any sense, the creators of DB will take that literally (as evidenced by Link's 'unbreakable' Hylian shield in the Link vs Cloud fight).

Since his weaknesses also vary by which particular Man of Steel you're talking about, from red suns to magic and many things between, the one they choose will have a huge impact on the outcome, since if we have an invulnerable Superman, Goku will require some way to damage him or else the fight is pointless. While I don't know all that much about the mechanics of Dragon Ball Z, it seems to me that it won't particularly matter how much Goku's power level goes up - unless he can hit a chink in the armour, whatever that may be.

Spikkle ------ Hollo ------ Tyke ------ Kooky Monster ------ Blake ------ Rockon

PASBL Squad | Fizzy Bubbles | Winner of deo's Award for Least Intelligent Comment of All Time

Bonus:
Quote:
Pikachu is like me when I play tennis. If I play someone that sucks, I start to suck and lose. But if I play someone good, I play somewhat decently and still lose.
Quote:
"One cross referee; one wayward pinch of banned narcotic substance, one RNG... AND KABLOOIE!"
Quote:
And the round starts off with both Pokemon pulling out a Monopoly Board and.. it seems to work! Relicanth starts things off by picking the Tophat. Vulpix seems to be upset, as he coveted that piece. Luckily for him he does just that! Vulpix uses Covet and gets to play with the Tophat piece. Relicanth looks quite upset by these turn of events, and decides to use the Car instead!

The round continues with Relicanth landing on Central Avenue! He decides to purchase the property.. it's super effective! Vulpix instead decides to use Imprison! Suddenly Relicanth finds himself in jail! What an exciting twist! The round ends with Relicanth unable to do anything else at the moment.

Old 01-07-2013, 02:24 PM   #17
Kori Gotcha
Boulder Badge

Well, even with all incarnations of Superman, he's always been weak to magic since that ignores his invulnerability. You could always say that Goku's Kamehameha and other chi moves tap into a sort of magic that would affect Superman to even the odds. That is admittedly stretching things though.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:01 AM   #18
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

Let us use science to explain a fictitious battle between two insanely overpowered characters.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:29 PM   #19
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

Just saw an update. Superman vs. Goku will be out tonight!

Old 01-10-2013, 09:16 PM   #20
phoopes
Double Dragon

Calling it right now. Goku will break Superman's invulnerability by...

Goku used Tail Whip!
Superman's defense fell!
Old 01-10-2013, 09:16 PM   #21
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

Damn that was... Damn

Old 01-10-2013, 09:26 PM   #22
XanderKetsu
Rainbow Badge

Send a message via AIM to XanderKetsu Send a message via Skype™ to XanderKetsu
Well, just saw it. And, was impressed. My only problem: They can't top it this fight.

DAMMIT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Char View Post
Or...do you?
XanderKetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:43 PM   #23
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

I have faith they will find away.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:12 AM   #24
deoxys
Fog Badge

Well shit, that was pretty epic.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:55 AM   #25
Spikkle
Cascade Badge

Very pleased that they finally decided to add a sort of 'post-game analysis' segment. A lot of people got confused about the way that earlier fights (Link vs Cloud) turned out, because the reasons why X beat Y were not explicitly explained.

Bonus:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment