Old 07-12-2012, 02:07 PM   #251
Talon87
時の彼方へ

CALMING DOWN.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:16 PM   #252
GrJackass
Night Man

on the topic of even needing spoilers, if anyone wants to just watch korra or even last airbender sometime shoot me a pm and ill just stream it for you if im on

”Fee, fie, foe, fum the End are Near at thou Bobbum. Time me open Bobbum Van trunk, for ruin Bobbum wif Equipmunk.”
GrJackass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 03:11 PM   #253
jolteonjak
Volcano Badge

IMO, entering this thread should be enough of a warning of spoilers for either series. This isn't 5 minutes after the finale where jackasses on Facebook spoil the episode for people on the West Coast of US. That being said, edits have been made.
jolteonjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 03:23 PM   #254
Emp
Volcano Badge

I also don’t see the need in spoilers for this season anymore. It was getting to a point were all we were talking about was the finale and it’s not like anyone planning on watching the series should really be here anyway. It’s taking being cautious to an extreme.

I’ll edit in some tags where necessary though but my stance is only use tags when the season is currently being aired as not everybody watches it right after it airs.

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:57 PM   #255
deoxys
Fog Badge

I just know some people who might or might not lurk the thread and not have been caught up.

If you guys dont want to tag anymore than whatever, I guess I don't care enough to argue.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:12 PM   #256
Charminions
Your reality is mine

LOTS of Korra news from ComiCon. Here's a list of all that stuff compiled together by Tumblr user dongbufeng:

Spoiler: show
Quote:
•Here it is. All the new info. It comes from Jenny-SDCC, Matt Patches, and Hypable

•All the New Info from the Korra Panel

•Book 2 is called “Spirits” and takes place 6 months after Book 1.

•Concept art from snowy landscapes at a festival at the Southern Water Tribe.

•“The opening scene is at the Southern Water tribe at a festival. There is a cool banquet hall made of ice. They go on a crazy journey through another water tribe and it is a bit dark and scary”

•“Korra & co. will travel into the tundra of the Southern Water Tribe. Creepy snowscape with bright green sky.”

•“The look harkens back to the iceberg Aang was frozen in. The ice has an otherworldly glow to it.”

•“Beautiful Southern Air Temple concept painting. Yellows and oranges. Looks like #LOTR”

•Book 2 is “In the thick of animation and design and production, still a very far way to go”

•“Opening of Book 2 in a festival in the sourthern water tribe, gentle snow falling, lanterns, circus games, A PAINTING OF A MUCH LARGER SOUTHERN WATER TRIBE!”

•Southern Water Tribe has a beautiful banquet hall made of ice

•Great landscapes, storms, ominous rock formations

•“Mysterious location they’re journeying to in this storm, with cool spooky lighting”, harkens back to the glow Aang’s ice burg had

•Naga and Korra exploring the mysterious location

•Twisted roots coming out of ice walls

•Southern Air Temple all spruced up

•Vistas, base of the mountain around the temple, very gentle, “misty kind of Chinese mountains”

•Ancient air bender site

•SPIRIT WORLD!!!!

•Explore the spirits, background, creation of the Avatar

•There are some paintings of the Southern Air Temple and the base of the mountain with mist around them. They will be going into the spirit world as well with 2 very special episodes

•Korra will explore spirit world. Book 2 will feature episodes that look back at history of Avatar/spirit world.

•Asami takes over Sato’s company!

•The costumes are similar with elements to compensate for winter. Asame has an Amelia Earhart look. The others have longer selves and winter coats.

•Book 2 will feature Bumi as a main character! Same with Kya. Bumi wears pink earmuffs.

•Korra was inspired by Gina Carano.

•“We’ll meet Unarock, Korra’s uncle. Her whole family is comprised of badasses”

•Korra is very similar, longer sleeves, very athletic, Mandarin a-symmetrical top, looks a little meaner

•Mako get’s a coat! Still has the scarf

•Bolin has an AWESOME green parka

•Asami takes over her fathers company, more business attire

•STILL A BADASS THOUGH, Goggles, and updated racing leathers

•Tenzin gets ANOTHER claok

•BUMI BUMI BUMI HAS PINK EAR MUFFS, Kya will also appear, Bumi definitely has the same spirit as the old king. Bit of a pot belly since we last saw him

•KYA! No dreds, has a half moon necklace, bit of a hippy, FAVORITE SONG IS SECRET TUNNEL, has a special bond with Jinora

•The Avatar parents get an update, going to see more of Korra’s parents this season, Korra’s dad was thought of initially to be like a line backer physically

•Flashback to Tonnraq in his early 20’s, shirtless XD

•Tahnroks brother, “Unolok”??? will be appearing! Very posh, to bring up the relationship between the north and south tribes

•His children, twins, kind of creepy, slouched shoulders

•Verick???, Howard Hughes, little bit of a playboy guy, Captain of Industry, more humorous, great rapport with Bolin, VERY BRIGHT PURPLE CLOAK, Southern Water Tribe descent

•Spirits! shadowy creature? Can’t even describe!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7...8q1fo1_500.jpg

•Pro-Bending returns! Fire Ferrets vs. Rhino Lions in an animatics preview. But Mako & #Korra aren’t on the team!

•Korra airball races Jinora & uses Avatar state to beat her! Tenzin’s pissed

•Probending! Fire Ferrets agains the —— Lions (missed it), Bolin giving pep talk…to TWO ENTIRELY NEW PLAYERS. Go down as the fastest knockout in probending history XD

•Mako is on a fancy bike, chasing…waterbenders past a Wendy’s XD Intense chase scene, and he takes down the truck! “Looks like you had some car trouble, good thing the police are here.”

•ASAMI FLYING A PLANE, Nearly bankrupt because of her father’s reputation, sounds confident, but sercretly worried

•Pema being heckled by her three eldest and Korra riding around on air scooters, Korra goes into the Avatar state to win the race, Tenzin overhears, and scolds

•Naga barking, weird shadow spirit appears in the distance, attacks Korra, pins her down….fade out

•Korra goes Avatar state to fight the creature, into the festival

•Amazing motorcycle chase scene b/w #Korra & Mako vs. robbers. Great motorcycle driving effects.

•Mako becomes a cop in Book 2. And is ready to sling some great zingers.

•So Mako has become a cop, and now Bolin is struggling to find his place in the world. TO BECOME A MAAAAN.

•They always imagine Korra’s father is huge even though he is a gentle guy

•Kya is a water bender with a hippie look. She has a special bond with Senna

•Bumi’s sister will be joining this season.

•Verick, a Howard Hughes playboy, kind of character. He and Bolin have a funny relationship. Southern Water tribe member. Also a shipping magnet who is a more entertaining character.

•We get to see more of Korra’s parent and meet her uncle OOdalak who is head of the northern tribe and more in touch with the spirits. He mentors Korra

•Andrea Romano is the voice coach and she describes how she gets the cast to understand the animation. She organizes the scenes so the actors to react better and work together.

•The spirit creature appears to be evil. The storyboards are really cool. They just told us that Mako becomes a cop in book 2 and Bolin is looking for his path.

•They showed an animatics clip with the Fie Ferrets being beaten and Mako chasing someone on his motorbike. Asame is determined to put her father’s company back on top. Tinsin’s family airbends all around the island. Korra goes into the avatar state to win race. The spirit creature attacks Korra, it is twice her size. She goes into the avatar state to fight it.

•A very cool spirit creature with glowing eyes, walks on two legs, with a tail, and branch like appendages.

•Bringing in two writers from Avatar to work on Season 2, so Bryan can focus more on design and art.

•They’re going to record our voices for crowd scenes in #Korra Book 2! Awesome.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:52 PM   #257
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

Another, more concise summary (no offense to you, Charmin, the guy who wrote up the one you posted repeated a lot of stuff and had his thoughts all over the place):

6 month time skip
Big focus on the spirit world
Tenzin’s siblings take part
North and South water tribe part of the plot
Korra’s family included
Asami owns her father’s company and PLANES
Mako’s a cop and has a motorcycle! Works for Lin!
Bolin is still probending, emphasis on him finding his place in the world
Korra cheats and doesn’t respect the Avatar state

EDIT: Also, PICTURES! The link is to my tumblr so just click to photos to enlarge them.

http://copygoo.tumblr.com/post/27149...ightly-fanatic

[i can't believe all of the things they say about me]

Last edited by Copygoo; 07-13-2012 at 04:55 PM.
Copygoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 05:11 PM   #258
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Less pleased than pleased but it's a mixed bag overall. Optimistically looking forward to Book 2 nonetheless.
Old 07-13-2012, 06:15 PM   #259
deoxys
Fog Badge

S1 fandom: "Avatar state, YIP YIP!"

S2 fandom: "Korra pls"

calling it now.
Old 07-13-2012, 06:18 PM   #260
Talon87
時の彼方へ

If you want to be understood, you'll have to formulate your ideas into complete sentences.

No, seriously: I have no idea what you're trying to suggest by "Korra pls".
Old 07-13-2012, 06:27 PM   #261
deoxys
Fog Badge

Translated: S2 fandom: "Korra, what are you doing. No. Stop that. That's not supposed to be abused... JESUS TITS KORRA WHAT DID I JUST SAY"
Old 07-13-2012, 06:31 PM   #262
GrJackass
Night Man

well, after what charm posted... of course that's whats gonna happen

”Fee, fie, foe, fum the End are Near at thou Bobbum. Time me open Bobbum Van trunk, for ruin Bobbum wif Equipmunk.”
GrJackass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:43 PM   #263
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
Translated: S2 fandom: "Korra, what are you doing. No. Stop that. That's not supposed to be abused... JESUS TITS KORRA WHAT DID I JUST SAY"
I don't really understand how you even reached this dichotomy. I consider myself an S1 fandom person (if I haaaaaaaad to choose!) but I'm definitely anti-Avatar state in general. I tend to find it a boring deus ex machina superpower, I didn't like how they cheated with it in A:tLA (will spoiler tag explanation just because ), and I was pretty enthused all season long with Korra that they didn't bring it back. Now that it's shown up at the very end of the season that's fine and all but I sure am unhappy to hear that it's going to play a prominent role in Book 2.

Avatar: the Last Airbender Book 2 and 3 series finale spoilers:
I really disliked this:
  • Season 2 episodes w/ the Guru: You must choose! Between the Avatar state and love!
  • Season 2 finale: Aang says he chooses love and leaves the Guru just like how Luke Skywalker hightailed it out of Dagobah ...
  • Season 2 finale: ... yet he then goes into the Avatar state to try and save Katara ...
  • Season 2 finale: ... and then gets Azula'd, causing him to lose his connection with the Avatar state forever ...
  • Season 3: ... only for the writers to then say "SURPRISE! We're writing a KIDS SHOW, SILLIES! ^-^ Did you really think we were going to lock him out of the Avatar state for good? Of course not! " and to have him utilizing it -- and not just utilizing it but it being what saved his child ass -- in his final fight against Ozai.
If you're going to cut off thousands of years' worth of accrued knowledge and do so because it generates one hell of a gutpunch reaction out of your audience, then do it and stick to it. Don't fucking retcon it with a smile on your face not even 20 episodes later. "Oh, look at me, I'm Aang: I get to have the Avatar state cake and eat the Katara cake too! Ain't life grand? "

So yeah. Not enthusiastic to see the Avatar state back. Even less enthusiastic to hear that Korra will be abusing it and it will get her into trouble one way or another. An entire season built around the Avatar state = a wasted season in this fan's opinion.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:36 PM   #264
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
>Talon

Minor correction on the season 2 finale;

Aang doesn't go into the avatar state to save Katara, quite the opposite - he deliberately surrounds himself with rocks so he can ignore katara's cries for help rather than rushing to her aid. He's told that in order to get the avatar state he has to willingly choose it over love, and he does. Also the whole point of the "unlocking chakras" thing seems to be more to be able to willingly choose to let those things go when they interfere with your duty as the avatar, rather than abandoning those things altogether. I mean, Roku had a wife and kids, and so on.

With regards to the whole "losing the avatar state being a gutpunch" thing... not really. I love the season 2 finale and I don't think that was supposed to be the gutpunch at all, more "let's avoid giving him an I Win By Default button with a season left to go". The gutpunches were Zuko's failed heel-face turn, the fall of Ba Sing Sae and with it the last real armed resistance, Aang nearly dying, Iroh's capture. Loss of the avatar state slots in at a fairly ignorable number five.

Last edited by Concept; 07-13-2012 at 07:44 PM.
Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:44 PM   #265
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
>Talon

Minor correction on the season 2 finale;

Aang doesn't go into the avatar state to save Katara, quite the opposite - he deliberately surrounds himself with rocks so he can ignore katara's cries for help rather than rushing to her aid. He's told that in order to get the avatar state he has to willingly choose it over love, and he does.

Also the whole point of the "unlocking chakras" thing seems to be more to be able to willingly choose to let those things go when they interfere with your duty as the avatar, rather than abandoning those things altogether. I mean, Roku had a wife and kids, and so on.
I realize all of this. Sorry if the way I phrased it in short, sarcastic wording in list form muddled that. In the bullet point you took issue with, what I was saying was that he's choosing to save her along with everybody else and that he's pushing her down to the same level as the Sokkas and the Tophs of his world. This still stands:

The back-and-forth on Aang's attitude towards "Do I choose love? or do I choose the Avatar state?" is what pissed me off about Season 2's final few episodes, and it then ended up being a complete waste of our time once they went ahead and handed him both anyway.

And your point about Roku having a family is pretty spot on. It's a glaring internal inconsistency with the Guru's teachings. Either the Guru didn't phrase it very well or else it's a huge plot hole that he tells Aang "you can't love" [/Star Wars homage] yet here's Roku with both romance and bromance in his life right up until the very end.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:59 PM   #266
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

>Talon

Again, I really don't see the inconsistency at all. The impression I got was very much "you have to be willing to put your duty as the avatar ahead of these things" not "get rid of these things" (in the sense that I clearly prioritise my degree over going to the pub but that doesn't mean I'm never going pubwards again). If you thought the latter then I can understand why you don't like the season 2 finale because that would bring so many contradictions throughout the entire rest of the series (Roku's guilt over Sozin counts for guilt, earthly attachment for Aang, Roku & Kuruk, fear for Aang pre day of black sun, etc etc). I never got the impression that was what they were saying though, that it could've been construed that way had never occured to me.

Last edited by Concept; 07-13-2012 at 08:03 PM.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:09 PM   #267
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Interesting. And yes, I very much took it that way because the Guru very much made it sound that way. I get what you're trying to say -- it's a "be able to flip it off and on, like flipping a light switch" kind of thing -- but I reject that for the very simple reason that:

Aang would have had no reason to have a royal freakout over the idea of "losing" Katara / killing his love for Katara if it were only something transient. Hell, the Guru wouldn't have even had to put it to Aang in such a scary-dark way like forfeiting the right to love: he could have simply told Aang "the purest form of meditation, the highest of the chakras, requires you to cut off all earthly attachments, including love, but just so that you can totally clear your mind. You can go right back to loving the moment you're done meditating." You seem to be implying that you think that even THAT was too much for Aang, hence his freakout. To me, that would be pretty fucking silly of the boy. (Perhaps not as bad as the glaring plot holes my interpretation leaves me sourly with, but still pretty damn silly of the boy.)
Old 07-13-2012, 08:45 PM   #268
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

You can't fully commit to "if and whenever it's necessary, you'll disregard X for Y" without commiting, ahead of time, to "I'm going to give up X entirely, because I have to Y" - even if you never have to act on the latter decision, you have made it. For example, by being willing to say "if and whenever it's necessary, I'll give up fencing to be able to do my degree", I have effectively already commited to the decision "I'm giving up fencing entirely in order to manage my degree" without knowing when or if I'll have to act on that decision. He's a twelve year old boy in love for the first time being told to regard his feelings as irrelevent and unimportant next to something else (avatar duty I guess in this case), which isn't something any twelve year old wants to hear. And pretty much any twelve year old who hears something he doesn't want to gets angry, shouts, and leaves - which is exactly what Aang does. It's not "I'm freaked out/scared so I'll lash out" anger, it's "I'm angry" anger.

Gosh that was much harder to articulate than I anticipated and I've probably made a complete hash of it. If I'm just being confusing than I'll sleep on it and try to think of a better way to explain what I mean.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:01 PM   #269
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Here, so people can stop freaking out about Season 2, here's some promising info from Comic Con. (It's spoileriffic, so be warned).

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:33 PM   #270
deoxys
Fog Badge

I just wanted to share

Azula's VA now has a tumblr, and it's pretty much nothing short of amazing - http://greydelisle.tumblr.com/
Old 07-19-2013, 06:52 PM   #271
deoxys
Fog Badge

BORKED

Book 2 Trailer.

Blew away my expectations. They certainly know how to make a trailer, to say the least. The art direction looks fantastic, and the soundtrack sounds great, too... the trailer music gave me chills.

A slightly spoilery bit shown several times in the trailer and recently announced:

Part of the season will be about the story of the very first Avatar, named Wan, a story that took place 10,000 years before Korra. This is why you seem some of the background art changing throughout.

Premieres in September!

Perhaps Talon will join us for a weekly viewing and discussion this time around!
Old 07-19-2013, 08:22 PM   #272
Red Panda
head head bitch

Hello, new here. Don't know if a link has been posted the trailer, but for your convenience:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=83641
Red Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 02:29 AM   #273
deoxys
Fog Badge

I embedded the trailer into my comment above. If you're on mobile or iOS you won'r see it though.

Regardless, welcome. Hope to get this thread active again.
Old 07-21-2013, 10:33 AM   #274
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Bloody hell. Impressive trailer. I have high hopes for this season (despite being disappointed with the latter half of last season).

As for the recent announcement, that has the potential to be really fascinating if done well. Will tie in nicely with what (at a fairly likely guess given the series title) the theme of this season will be - Korra focussing on the spiritual side of being the Avatar.
Old 07-21-2013, 10:42 AM   #275
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

Thanks for the share, deo.

I really like the look of the new trailer, and I have to say, I'm more excited about the announcement than any other piece of Avatar news they could have given. That is exactly what I wanted them to explore.
Amras.MG is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment