UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Wild Future

Old 09-17-2014, 05:33 PM   #101
Heather
Gay Dragon Rider

>MarbleZone

WONDERFUL. Absolutely WONDERFUL. You made a quest that has two sides to it that well befits the updatee's character and is a true test of their decision making. I like that the negative consequences merely involve battling instead of being locked up somewhere with seemingly no way out but to go with a flow the updatee may not like. The quest is very well fleshed out and I like that you have the end results carrying on to other adventures in their effects. Again, well thought out and filled to the brim with potential.

Approved 3/3. Enjoy, good sir.

Edit: And Dave Ninjas me. Oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Mint Earhart
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 12:17 AM   #102
Fallen
Boulder Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Fallen
Using Dave's intro

As you glance around your immediate surroundings, you spot a blonde, spiky-haired man wearing a dark green camo vest. The man glances around, before taking off in a rush, jumping a nearby fence and ducking into a darkened alleyway. Unsure of what to make of the incident, you start in a different direction, intending to look for things to do elsewhere, but you are thrown off balance by a ferocious sounding roar in the distance. You quickly whip around, to see a majestic, orange and black striped dog racing towards you. The beast stops right in front of you, and you feel a wave of heat wash over you, as you admire the impressive Arcanine in front of you. A figure dismounts from the creature’s back and rights himself, turning towards you. The man’s slightly tanned skin, roughish appearance, impressive height, and unruly black hair give him a rather intimidating appearance. His black trench cloak flutters behind him, and he meets your eye, before speaking.

“Hello, my name is Agent Steele of the interregional police force, and I am here investigating a bandit situation in Cerulean City. We are tracking a group that has been stealing money and other items from some of the residents in the area, as well as pilfering from storage supplies. You have the look of a traveler; a bit uncommon these days. Perhaps you could lend our force a bit of a hand in apprehending these criminals. Of course, there would be a reward in it for you…”

Quest Outline

Spoiler: show
If the request is accepted, Dave would be given a little information on the group, as well as the area in which their main base is supposed to be. Agent Steele will suggest that Dave looks around town to find as much information as possible on the bandit group, before infiltrating the base and retrieving and retrieving a particular item of importance within a briefcase. Dave will not be notified what is in the briefcase.

Should Dave look around town for clues, he will be led to a tavern, where the bartender will tell him rumors of suspicious activity in Cerulean. This may lead him to multiple locations in town, notably an abandoned shack in the outskirts of town and a hidden passageway in one of the alleys. In both of these locations, Dave will be able to find a key code that will allow him to access part of the base. Also, searching in another less obvious location will result in Dave learning the guard duty rotation for the base, allowing him to pick the optimal time to infiltrate the base.

If Dave picks the optimal time to get into the base, he will meet little to no resistance, and will be able to explore all of the rooms in the hideout. If Dave goes at a sub-optimal time, he will have at most two battles and will still be able to explore every room. If Dave goes at a bad time, he will have at most four battles and will not be able to enter the secret room.

Using the key code found in the abandoned shack, Dave will be able to enter a safe and retrieve the briefcase. Using the other key code, Dave will be able to enter the secret room in the bandit hideout, where Dave will find a trapped Squirtle. Upon freeing it, it will help Dave escape from the base, and upon leaving to safety, will trigger a possible capture battle.

Dave will then have the choice of returning the briefcase to Agent Steele or keeping it to himself. Only one option will be possible.

Quest Rewards:

If Dave keeps the briefcase, he will receive one Technical Machine.

If Dave returns the briefcase, he will receive 3 Star Shards and $400

If Dave loses a battle in the hideout, or if Dave lacks the proper key to get into the safe, the quest will be failed, and Agent Steele will rescue him.

Fallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 01:40 PM   #103
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Approved 1/3!
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 06:12 PM   #104
Sparkbeat
I make cryin' babies weep

Approved 2/3!
Old 01-27-2015, 06:20 PM   #105
Heather
Gay Dragon Rider

Let's give some actual feedback, yes?

Hot damn, Fallen. This is nice. You make a well fleshed out post that's simple yet draws a good picture of what's going on. You get straight to the point without making excessive textwalls, while making an immersive enough experience for your client that they keep an interest but don't feel starved for more. The quest is well thought out and has plenty of branches that give fair rewards and has a potential for failure that isn't too big but isn't a Hufflepuff House either, enough to make your client think critically.

Approved 3/3. Nice job, enjoy updating.

Quote:
Old 02-03-2015, 01:49 PM   #106
Stealthy
A New and Original Person

Based off Lass El's intro

Amy wandered a bit about Viridian Village, receiving the fair few stares and glares which had become a standard for her life. She was certain she saw one lady clutch her purse! As if there was something to fear from a scrawny little girl with crazy green eyes and a Treecko. Aside from these few subtle acts of rudeness, Amy was very much ignored. One nice boy saw her eye color and smiled, however, but he continued on regardless.

It was a bit rustic, but the city had a surprisingly nice amount of stores filled with curious goods, and the villagers were quite eager to complete their shopping.

Soon though, she found herself a bit closer to the looming Viridian Forest. She was outside it, but there were more trees than buildings for sure. And she was still very bored. Mr. Leaf, however, proved a small source of excitement when he squeaked a bit and his head snapped towards a man and a woman arguing. The man was well built and dressed in green with a bright orange band on his arms and hat, clearly a man who worked in the forest as a hunter or trapper of some sort. The woman had dark skin and hair and was dressed more casually though practically.

"I'm going to go find my sister, and I don't know why you have such a problem with that!" shouted the woman, clearly furious.

"I don't have a problem with finding Erica," the man barked back, "My problem is with you going!"

"I may not be you or her, but I know these woods well enough. I can find her usual spot and go from there. If you don't like it, come with me!"

"You don't even know if she's there! And if anything got to Erica it's going to get to you even worse!" The man hollered, but the woman was already walking away and towards Amy, having noticed the thin girl's looks.

"Hi, my name's Jaclyn. My sister's a bug hunter. This morning she went in the forest alone and was supposed to be back an hour ago. That asshole over there is afraid to look for her," said asshole was currently trying to dodge Mr. Leaf who was pawing at his legs. "Wanna go into the forest take care of it ourselves?"

If Amy says no, then of course that's that. Should she say yes, however, there will be a bit of dialogue and an opportunity for her to convince the man (named Kal) to accompany them before Amy and Jaclyn head into the forest. Amy will have better luck convincing Kal than Jaclyn did.

Jaclyn will lead Amy to a small fifteen by fifteen clearing that she'll claim is Erica's usual spot. There'll be plenty of flavor and details, but there will be a few clues. The most obvious one will be marks of something relatively large being dragged off deeper into the woods. Mr. Leaf will show slight interest in a bush which, if investigated, will show an empty jar of honey had been thrown into it with a sewaddle licking at it. The sewaddle will run away if discovered, and if Amy chases it, it will use string shot to get away. The final clue will be bits of dried webbing. Amy will see these if she investigates something else such as a tree or another bush, but will see more clustered around the direction they came. If Kal is present and Amy got caught in the Sewaddle String Shot, then Jaclyn will ask Kal if the webs are similar and he will be say they are not, and the ones they found are much stronger. The order of the Sewaddle/finding the web strings doesn't matter.

Presumably, Amy will follow the drag marks. If she doesn't, quest is basically over or I improvise or whatever. Her abandoning Jaclyn/Kal will come back as a reputation. If she follows, they'll notice the bits of web as they go along, but won't be able to compare them to the Sewaddle web or the web they found earlier, provided either of them happened. Kal will not provide commentary if he is present aside from slight panic.

They will find Erica hanging from a tree and still trapped in a spider web, and is seemingly alone. Jaclyn will move to cut her down, and Amy can try to help or investigate the scene. Kal, if present, will "be vigilant" aka do basically nothing. If Amy investigates she'll find some shed skins and discover this tree is a nest to a Scolipede family. If Amy helps cut down Erica, she will be on her feet and ready to help when her captors come calling.

One or Two Whirlipedes will appear and aim to attack. Jaclyn will have a Pidove that knows Gust. If Kal is present, he will send out a Butterfree. Erica will have a Durant, but if Amy did not help her, she will not be fully out of the webbing and will take about a post's worth of time to get out before coming to help. The Whirlipedes will be a bit higher leveled than Mr. Leaf, but so will Erica's Durant and Kal's Butterfree. Mr. Leaf would receive a level for surviving this fight. Erica will largely do the heavy lifting in the fight. Venipede will begin to run away during the fight and will only fight if engaged.

Towards the end of the fight one of the Whirlipedes will squeal, which would signal the Scolipede leader of the den. Scolitrain shows up after Whirliwheel goes down. If Kal isn't present, Erica will release a Larvesta, which is also higher leveled. If Mr. Leaf is still up (if Amy was more helpful than annoying thus far, Jaclyn/Kal will try to keep the Whirlipede(s) off her Treecko's back) then the Scolipede will look to bear down on him first, and Amy will have to choose to help him or not by distracting the Scolipede or returning Mr. Leaf. Clever ordering to evade the attack may also work. If Mr. Leaf is returned he will not receive a level, but if he otherwise survives the Scolipede he will. If Mr. Leaf is unable to avoid the attack he will take serious damage, potentially KOing him. After this initial attack the Scolipede will direct its attention to Erica's pokemon, regardless of outcome.

Erica will make quick work of the Scolipede with her one/two pokemon regardless of the choice. Scolipede will run away before it is KO'd, believing all its young have escaped. I feel obligated to mention that these evolved bugs will be kinda like Faulkner's Pidgeotto in that they will be significantly lower leveled than their evolution threshold. Think of this as reverse horde mode.

Quest then begins to wrap up. Erica says that she and Kal were out early to investigate rumors of Ariados moving into the forest when one attacked and webbed her after Kal spilled the honey they use to attract bugs on her, and Kal ran away. The Ariados was then scared off by a Scolipede, which then dragged Erika to its nest. If you haven't picked up on it yet, Kal is a bit of a coward. Also that honey jar that spilled on Erica is the one in the bushes, and some of it got on Kal's pants hence why Mr. Leaf was attracted to them when they first met. If Kal is present then Jaclyn will rip him a new asshole, and if not it'll happen when she gets back and Kal will sputter excuses. If Mr. Leaf is injured or KO'd, Erica will help heal him with a sitrus berry as thanks. Amy will receive 2 star shards and $300-500 depending on how helpful she was, and finally a jar of honey.

Amy will then spot a leftover Venipede that was left behind, and can befriend it with the honey, leading to a very easy capture battle. Like super easy. I just made this girl's grass pokemon fight like three bigass bugs. Fuck, let's give the Venipede an Egg Move of Pin Missile. Doesn't get a Bug move for like 17 levels anyway.

If she passes on the Venipede, then on the way back they will find a Sewaddle in the initial clearing if the Sewaddle in the honey jar wasn't found and this one will get an Egg Move of Air Slash because Sewaddle's movepool is dicks and see the "I made you fight a Scolipede" thing from earlier. Oh, and yeah the honey will attract this one too. If she takes the Venipede then this thing won't show up. If Amy passes on the Venipede and scared off the Sewaddle earlier, then she gets a Pidgey to befriend/capture. No egg moves for the pidgey.

When they get back to town, quest over, and Kal, Jaclyn, and Erica will be available for future quests including actually investigating this Ariados business, a trip to Viridian Lake, and Jaclyn literally trying to rip a second asshole into Kal for being such a little bitch.

Naturally, I reserve the right to deviate and improvise as things develop in the event that Lass El is particularly creative or something.
Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 05:37 PM   #107
Sparkbeat

Denied: You've only posted once in your own RP thread when you should have at least 2 to start updating.

Approved 1/3: It's a pretty gut busting first quest, but seeing as there's little to no negative consequence for a highly likely KO while the reward remains high, it should be fine. Regardless, very well thought out, and fuck Kal. Glad to (hopefully) have you aboard Stealthy. (I may throw you an update over Mardi Gras if no one else has by then btw.) Now to just get you reffing.
Old 02-03-2015, 09:07 PM   #108
Heather
Gay Dragon Rider

You see, normally prerequisites for applying are in place just so that we know people won't be blithering idiots when they start this job. This application marks you as a notable exception.

First, the quest outline being longer than the update itself shows that you out a lot of thought into it. I'm laughing my ass of at "I made you fight a Scolipede yeah sorry about that" but honestly it proposes a neat challenge and it makes the client challenge themselves to not be the third wheel against a bigass Pokemon that quad resists its sole STAB. Very well done, good sir. I've toyed with disadvantage battles before, but only with levels, however, you have played the card masterfully, and its a very well put together story.

Approved 2/3. Good work, Stealthy.

Quote:
Old 02-04-2015, 01:47 AM   #109
Fallen
Boulder Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Fallen
Approved 3/3.

I have nothing to say that hasn't been said.
Fallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 02:33 AM   #110
PikaGod
Marsh Badge

Using Tyoyo’s first post for this:

You enter the chilly forest, intent on making your way to Goldenrod City. Through prior experiences, you knew the layout of Ilex Forest quite well, so with any luck it shouldn’t take too long to get through. However as it turned out, fate wasn’t going to let that happen. The first thing you smell upon entering is smoke; it’s not very strong so it must be from a fire that had by now been put out. The first thing you see is the blackened stumps of trees that once stood proud and tall.

“Help! Please someone help me!” a voice calls out, belonging to a woman running towards you.

She continues to run towards you... and then apparently forgets how to stop as she slams right into you, throwing you and Lula to the ground.

“Oh my, I am sorry,” she says as she picks herself up, offering her hand to help you up as well. “I didn’t mean to bowl you over. But please, I need you to help me.” She doesn’t even give you the chance to say anything before she starts to explain what is wrong. “I was out with my Buzz, my Volbeat, replanting trees and shrubs to help the forest when... when... when.” She choked back tears. “Some weird man jumped me from behind and took my Buzz away from me! Please I need someone to help me get him back!”

She looks at you in hope, managing to just hold back the tears. It’s clear that the Volbeat means a lot to her. While you do want to make your way to Goldenrod, maybe you have the time to help the girl get her pokemon back. On the other hand, you don’t have to help her. It’s not like you are going to be the only person who comes into the Ilex Forest.

What will you do?

Quest:

Alan may help the girl to get back her Volbeat or he could leave her be and continue onwards to Goldenrod.

Quest Outline:

If Alan decides to help the girl, who introduces herself as Violet, she will first take him to the spot where her Volbeat was taken. When he arrives there he searches around the area, looking for clues of any kind. Just as he finds a set of footprints that don’t belong to him or Violet, a Lv 2 Flabebe, who is capturable, jumps out looking to battle. Upon defeating and/or capturing the Flabebe, Alan and Violet follow the footsteps and find themselves coming towards a camp filled with pokemon. Violet finds Buzz and just before she can get to him, the man who stole Buzz appears. Alan has to fight the poacher. Upon defeat the police are called and Alan is rewarded with a star shard, a Cheri Berry and a $150 bounty for defeating the poacher.

If Alan decides to continue through Ilex Forest instead of helping Violet, he doesn’t encounter the poacher at all. Instead he finds his way through most of the forest with no problems until he is nearly at the exit. He finds a group of Poochyena fighting a single Stunky. The Poochyena think that he is encroaching on their territory and attack Alan. If Alan defeats the Poochyena they run away, leaving behind a Chesto Berry. If Alan is defeated then the Poochyena still run away and he gets nothing. Either way the Stunky will be impressed that Alan defended it, making the Lv 3 Stunky capturable.

At the conclusion of either adventure Alan can then make his way to Goldenrod.

Old 04-28-2015, 07:50 AM   #111
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Pretty straightforward but you definitely get how this works. That's all you need.

Approved 1/3
Old 04-28-2015, 07:56 AM   #112
uhhhhh
Cat Burglar

Send a message via Skype™ to uhhhhh
2/3 Approved!

Fairly simple adventure but the important thing here is you're capable of updating so that's good enough for me!

WF
Fitz/Siobahn

FB

PASBL

uhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 08:03 AM   #113
Sparkbeat

Approved 3/3

Keeping it simple is probably best for first quests, and you've got what you need down. Welcome to the team!
Old 04-29-2015, 10:17 PM   #114
Snorby
Snackin'

Based off Bleu's Intro

"Pidgey, are you alright?!"

Stan heard this cry from no more than 30 yards away west of him. Immediately feeling a pang of sympathy for the possibly hurt Pidgey, Stan took off at a sprint once Stingy had successfully clambered onto his shoulder. The little Skorupi had to dig into the sleeve of Stan's shirt to stay on his shoulder as Stan sprinted through the forest, ducking under branches and hopping over tree roots.

When Stan reached the clearing from which the cry had arisen, he paused just out of sight and took in the scene. A young man, perhaps a year or two Stan's senior, was looking on with an expression of deep worry as his Pidgey battled against three Shroomish. The Shroomish's eyes looked dull, and they didn't look quite as round and plump as a normal Shroomish should. The trio was standing in a crude semicircle around a pile of berries. Based on the Pidgey's jerky movements, it appeared to be paralyzed. Stun Spore, perhaps? The Pidgey was grounded for the moment, and one Shroomish stepped away from the berry pile and charged the Pidgey, ramming it and knocking it to the floor. The boy ran over to his pokemon and stuffed a small, red berry in its mouth. Instantly, it appeared the paralysis cleared. Pidgey, looking grateful and rejuvenated, spread its wings wide, said wings glowing white, and charged the Shroomish, which cried out in obvious pain and was sent tumbling back toward the others.

The boy suddenly turns, having noted Stan's presence.

"Hey! Could you help me out here? These three little bastards thought they could come in and steal these berries, even though Pidgey and I have been out here collecting for hours! Name's Bruce Williams, and my Pidgey here is called Star, by the way."

The Shroomish, meanwhile, looked on toward Stan with pleading expressions of despair.

What will Stan do?

Quest Outline:

1. If Stan helps Bruce out...

He will battle the Shroomish alongside Star, and the three malnourished, type-disadvantaged Shroomish will be defeated with relative ease. After that, a fourth Shroomish will sneak up from behind, Stun Spore to paralyze Star and Stingy, quickly rouse his comrades, and the group will take off with the berries. Bruce, infuriated, will quickly heal Star and Stingy with more Cheri Berries and then ask Stan to help him give chase.

1A. If Stan agrees and gives chase...

Bruce will mention that the he and Star were collecting berries because they figured the large storm a few days back knocked a bunch out of the trees. As the follow the Shroomish's footprints left in the mud of the path, they eventually find themselves in a new clearing. There's a huge tree toward the back of the clearing, but it appears to have been struck by lightning during the recent storm. Charred branches and bits of trunk lay scattered about, and the ground and surrounded tress look to be lacking life as well. They see the stockpile of berries next to a little pile of sticks and dead shrubbery. One of the Shroomish from earlier pokes its head out of the makeshift shelter, and immediately runs to stand in front of the berries, screaming out a call. When the boss calls, five more pile out of the shelter- the three others from before, looking just as malnourished as before, and two little ones, hardly more than infants. These infants, looking equally unfed, are forced back by the other four, who stand guard over the young and the berries. Bruce will realize the group of Shroomish took his berries to feed their young, as the tree that gave them shelter and food had been destroyed in the storm. Bruce is somewhat disappointed that his and Star's efforts went to waste, but he decides to leave the berries to the group of Shroomish. Despite this, he will give you a Star Shard and $500 for your help, and you will go your separate ways.

1B. If Stan refuses to go with, but doesn't mention how malnourished the Shroomish look...

Bruce will angrily shout that Stan is of no help and dash off after the Shroomish. Stan will see that the Shroomish accidentally left two berries behind: Oran and Cheri. Stan will pick the berries up and carry on his way.

1C. If Stan refuses to go with, but does mention how malnourished the Shroomish look..

Bruce will think for a moment, and realize how unfed the four looked. Just like in 4A, Bruce is somewhat disappointed that his and Star's efforts went to waste, but he decides to leave the berries to the group of Shroomish. Despite this, he will give you a Star Shard and $500 for your help, and you will go your separate ways.

2. If Stan points out how malnourished the Shroomish look right away...

Bruce will have a similar reaction to the one he has in 1A and 1C. He will recall Star and leave the Shroomish with the pile of Berries, but Stan will not receive anything from him. One Shroomish will carry an Oran Berry toward Stan and drop it at his feet as thanks, before the trio take the berries and head home.

3. If Stan fights on the side of the Shroomish...

Stingy and the three weakened Shroomish will fight in a battle against Bruce's Pidgey, who will be given an Oran Berry by Bruce prior to Stingy's entrance into the fight.

3A. If Stan and the Shroomish win...
Bruce will storm off, infuriated, and the Shroomish will lead Stan back to their destroyed home. After feeding the infants, one of the Shroomish will step up to battle Stan, and it will be capturable.

3B. If Stan and the Shroomish lose...
Bruce will go to take the berries, only for the fourth Shroomish to show up and paralyze both him and Star. The Shroomish will feed its three friends Sitrus Berries. It will lead you to their home, and, when sorting the berries, will find a Star Shard in the pile, and give it to you as thanks for your help, as well as an Oran Berry.

Click on Fawful for my ASB squad summary. Other links coming soon.
Snorby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 10:25 PM   #115
Sneaze
On The Hunt

Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
I love how in depth you went with your outline there, and each split in the story seems pretty captivating.

Approved 1/3

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 11:27 PM   #116
Sparkbeat

Short and sweet, and every option has a fitting enough reward.

Approved 2/3
Old 04-30-2015, 12:17 AM   #117
Stealthy

Usually we like to have first quests get a bit better chance at giving out a capture. However, your quest is nice and short, and the paths that don't end in one don't really deserve one. Instead you mete out an appropriate reward, which is waaaaay more important. A nicely put together short quest. Good job.

Approved: 3/3
Old 07-22-2015, 11:55 PM   #118
Celebii151
ADCs in 2017 LUL

Send a message via Skype™ to Celebii151
Using DLADV's opening post here.

It's a cheerful day in Cerulean City, with the warm sun beating down upon the civilians, the cacophony of their hustle and bustle accompanied by the soothing summer breeze. The atmosphere seems rather relaxing, counteracting the slight tension Atsuko feels at the thought of adventure. As she takes in the scenery of the town, she surveys the many cafes located around the city in abundance. Caving to her desires, Atsuko decides to head towards a nice looking cafe not too far down the street. Approaching the building, already able to hear the noises of its customers, Atsuko catches a glimpse of the name. The Beefy Basculin. Atsuko dismisses it as quite a standard name for a cafe in Kanjohto, and shrugging her shoulders, she pushes the double doors to The Beefy Basculin open. As she enters, she is greeted by a surprising sight. The noise she had heard outside the establishment quickly die down. Occupying every seat is a burly, tough-looking grown man, each with a mug of some alcoholic substance by their side. All of them seem frozen in whatever act they were partaking in, looking straight at this new arrival. At the front, an equally burly man seems to be frozen in the act of scrubbing the counter in front of him, also taking in the sight of Atsuko. For what seems like an eternity, Atsuko is locked into this intense staring contest with the rest of the customers. And somewhere during that eternity, it hits her: this is not a cafe. This is a bar. In almost in an instant the bar returns to its original hustle and bustle. Atsuko, sweating a bit nervously at her error, decides to play it cool. Underage, she walks up to the counter, but before she can even think to order, the bartender speaks. "Hey, girl!" "How would you like the opportunity to make some money? I promise you'll it regret it if you don't take up this offer. My name's Todd, by the way."

Outline
So, Atsuko has two options here, either eventually accept the offer or decline it. Should she accept it, the bartender will reveal that they are actually an undercover police organization, and that there has been criminal activity going on in the city. She is to be temporarily recruited as an undercover agent, using her seemingly harmless demeanour to catch baddies unawares. She will be given a wireless communication device, and she will first be sent to patrol the streets at night and come across a robbery. She will battle the perpetrator and upon defeating him, attempt to question him on his motives. However, he will attempt to flee to a dark alleyway, and whether he succeeds or not, Atsuko will find herself knocked unconscious by an unknown assailant. She will wake up in a wooden cell, without any items alongside her Skorupi and a surprisingly timid Machop, also imprisoned by these mysterious baddies. She could from there potentially convince Machop to break them out, or if she doesn't, her Skorupi will. Upon breaking out, there will be a single guard defending Atsuko's items, including the wireless communication device. He, alongside all other guards, will express their dislike of a weak Machop that could not do their manual labor. Being cocky, the guard will not call for help until he is defeated. Atsuko can then call the undercover police, who will begin to arrive at the scene. A second guard will arrive with a Geodude and quickly KO Atsuko's Skorupi. Machop will then stand up to defend her, KOing Geodude with ease. At this time, the undercover police will arrive, and explain the situation to Atsuko. They will exterminate the rest of the criminals and relieve Atsuko of her duty after thanking her. Machop will wave goodbye to Atsuko and reappear after her Skorupi has been healed at a Pokemon Center, wanting to battle with the chance for capture.

If she declines the offer, she will be jumped soon after leaving the bar and the storyline will pan out mostly the same way. When the undercover police arrive, they will explain that they kept an eye on her after she entered the bar, expecting her to get jumped like she did. They will still thank her for her help, but she will only receive $100.

Rewards
If she accepts the offer, Atsuko will receive $200 and will receive the opportunity to catch Machop. If she declines it, she will instead receive $100 and will still receive the opportunity to catch Machop.

Last edited by Celebii151; 07-23-2015 at 12:58 AM.
Celebii151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 02:28 AM   #119
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

I will use Fallen's first post.

The city bustles busily around Yuichi. Everyone seems to have someplace to go or someone to see, however most of them are polite enough to walk around each other and the stationary trainer. But it would still be plenty overwhelming for anyone not used a big city like Cerulean with the sheer amount of people, though having a friend (or pokemon) around usually helps. Looking around, Yu mostly sees the Shops and vendors of the Misty Plaza and the shoppers of said businesses. With Vulpix in arms he eventually works up the courage to step forward to look around more when he feels the first bump against his leg. When he turns to look all he sees is the purple fur of a Pokemon retreating. Lilith lets out a growl and squirms out of Yu's arms, ready to give chase. Upon investigation of his pockets Yu finds that his Pokedex is gone!

"Th' Purrloin got ya aye mate?" A nearby vender with a thick beard observed. "'Less ya plan on goin' an catchin' the dang cat yerself ya might as well kiss whatever it took goodbye." He said chuckling gruffly. "Not even the police have managed to catch it. It's been stealin from people for over a month now." He pointed to a sign stuck to a lamp post with a blurry photo of the cat pokemon on it. "They even put up a reward for gettin the things it stole back, not that anyone could manage it. I guess you could go try the police and report whatever it was stolen so that if they somehow manage to back they can get it back to you." He leaned back in his chair. "Whatever you do good luck mate." He said before getting distracted by a customer.

Lilith paws at Yu's leg gently, eager to get a move on. It seems that the fire type doesn't care for the fact that her trainer had been made a fool of by the Purrloin.

Outline:
Yu has two real options. He can go after the Purrloin himself or he can go to the police. If he goes to the police they will give more details about the reward and can share information to help finding the thief pokemon a bit easier. Either way he will eventually track the purrloin to it's hideout where the stolen items. The Purrloin will battle his Vulpix and if beaten will it will return the Pokedex but run away with the rest of the stolen items. Yu can then leave to pursue other things or search for the purrloin again. When he finds it again they will battle again but the purrloin will be impressed at him finding it not only once but twice and will have the opportunity for capture or to have it chased off enough to stop stealing. Either way he finds the stolen items, which include various knick knacks of no value other than they are shiny and 2 cherish balls. Yu can either walk off with these and claim he never found where the Purrloin hid the things of he can return to the Police and return the items for $200 and a star shard.

Rewards:
Either keeping the useless knick knacks and 2 cherish balls or return those for a star shard and $200. Also almost guaranteed chance to catch the purrloin.

Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

biggggg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 09:11 AM   #120
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

So general comments on rewards for both of you - you should probably give out a little more than a few hundred for a short quest - maybe something like $500~ for the first one since they'll be rather poor. You might want to give them some berries too since they'll generally lose at least one or two berries to a capture attempt. (Also please don't give out Cherish Balls)

But both Approved 1/3
Old 07-23-2015, 10:07 AM   #121
Connor
Disillusioned

Yeah. Poke Balls are good rewards for certain requests, but something like a Cherish Ball should really not be given out without it being some sort of event. Jeri pretty much covered all this though, so both Approved 2/3.
Old 07-23-2015, 10:12 AM   #122
Stealthy

Approved 3/3 for Bigg.
Old 07-25-2015, 12:15 AM   #123
Sneaze
On The Hunt

Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
Those rewards are a mite low but... sure.

Approved 3/3 for Cele

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 06:28 PM   #124
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Okay we are experiencing a bit of an updater glut (a good problem to have!). Until we get a few more people to go to our updaters, I'm gonna close updater registration for the time being. It'll open sooner than later so keep an eye out!
Old 01-18-2016, 09:53 AM   #125
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Things have slowed down a bit and I'd like to breath a little more life into WF, so I'm opening the doors again.

Just so everyone knows, new updaters will have to go through a little probationary period where they'll have to have their first quest reviewed by a veteran updater first before they can proceed, so if you're approved don't go crazy right away!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Wild Future