UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases

Old 01-19-2020, 03:47 PM   #51
Missingno. Master
Merry Christmas

Jake was in agreement of the idea, and as the hover bot quietly took its position, Keith and Willa turned to each other and nodded. Then, they turned back to the battlefield. Willa let go of Phantump, allowing him to float forward onto the battlefield.

Keith, meanwhile, threw the Friend Ball. "Albus, let's go!" he exclaimed as the ball split open to unleash a Kakuna onto the battlefield.

"Hi, Albus!" Phantump said cheerily as the Bug/Poison-type appeared beside him. "This is my first time battling, and we're teaming up!"

"Kaku, Kakuna!" Albus replied happily. He didn't move much, of course, being a Kakuna, but he still looked ready for action.

My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 05:18 PM   #52
Zorchic
Pokemon Trainer

Jake nodded, as Keith sent out the Pokémon he would be using, a Kakuna named Albus. Phantump greeted Albus cheerily. Both Pokémon moved onto the battlefield.

Kakuna, the Cocoon Pokémon. A Bug- and Poison-type. Kakuna remains virtually immobile as it clings to a tree. However, on the inside, it prepares for its coming evolution, heating up its shell.

Jake checked his Pokédex momentarily, and then tossed his Pokéball into the air. Out popped a Starling Pokémon, his Starly. This Starly was colored differently from most other Starly, being colored like a Taillow instead.

"Starrr!" Starly trilled in excitement, flapping his wings.

The Aura Guardian grinned at Lucario. "Wanna battle again?"

I can't wait! replied Lucario. He stepped onto the battlefield, ready to battle.

The referee gave its robotic call. On the right, visitors Keith Masters and Willa Carnet, with their Kakuna and Phantump. On the left is our Jake Celeste, with his Starly and Lucario. May the battle begin!

~~~

"Allow me to do the honors this time!" declared Jake. "Starly, nail that Kakuna with a Quick Attack! Lucario, use Foresight on Phantump!"

"Star, Star, Starly!" cried Starly. Surrounded in a burst of white light, he zoomed quickly towards the seemingly immobile Kakuna.

Lucario closed his eyes and concentrated, his four head appendages rising in the process. With his aura vision, he located Phantump. Lucario opened his eyes, which glowed bluish-white and shot a "flashlight beam" of the same color at Phantump. The attack would negate the Stump Pokémon's immunity to Normal- and Fighting-type moves.

Pokéball symbol & Mimikyu sprite courtesy of Missingno. Master
Fizzy Bubbles Member post (on BMGf) Wishlist on BMGf Wishlist on UPN
Zorchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 05:33 PM   #53
Missingno. Master
Merry Christmas

The battle began! Jake's Lucario couldn't wait to get back in on the action, and Jake also sent out what Keith very briefly believed to be a Taillow, before realizing it was in fact a Starly! "Interesting, "Willa remarked. "I've never seen a Starly colored like a Taillow before."

"Same here," Keith agreed.

With that, Jake gave the orders- Starly was speeding towards Albus, while Phantump's immunities were stripped away by Lucario's Foresight. Keith knew Quick Attack would come far too fast for Albus to defend with Harden, but he wasn't too concerned with that. "Albus! Counter!" he exclaimed.

"Kaku!" exclaimed Albus. A reddish aura came over his yellow shell as Starly slammed into him... only to be flung away with twice the force he'd come charging in with in the first place!

"Uh... um..." Phantump murmured worriedly as Lucario's Foresight took effect.

"It'll be fine, Phantump!" Willa promised. "Use Confuse Ray!"

"R-right!" nodded Phantump. His eyes glowed brightly as he launched a blast of befuddling energy at Lucario with intent to confuse.

"Now follow up with Leech Seed!" Willa commanded.

"Albus, use Ice Beam on Starly!" Keith ordered.

My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Old 01-19-2020, 06:10 PM   #54
Zorchic
Pokemon Trainer

Bonk! Starly's Quick Attack connected, but Albus had time to use Counter, dealing extra damage to Starly on impact. The small bird staggered back, but righted himself in the air.

"No big deal," Jake said to Starly, consoling him a bit. "Try to shrug it off."

Meanwhile, Phantump used Confuse Ray, unleashing a blast of energy designed to confuse.

"You know better than that, Lucario!" Jake encouraged. "Dodge that Confuse Ray and counterattack with Copycat! Aim it at the Kakuna!"

Lucario nimbly jumped away, dodging Phantump's Confuse Ray. He closed his eyes and concentrated once again, recalling how Phantump had used that attack. He opened his eyes and surrounded himself in a dark purple ghostly glow, all while his four head appendages were rising with aura. Then, Lucario formed a yellow sphere in his hands—Confuse Ray. Lucario thrust the Confuse Ray at Albus, intending to disrupt the opponent.

Just then, Willa and Keith gave their next round of orders, having Phantump use Leech Seed and ordering Albus to use Ice Beam.

"Starly, dodge the Ice Beam!" Jake called out. "Cut through the Leech Seed with a Wing Attack on Phantump!"

In response, Starly swerved in the air, dodging the Ice Beam. His wings glowed a brilliant white, and he charged at the Leech Seed first. The Wing Attack cut right through it. The Starling Pokémon then changed course, heading right for Phantump with a super-effective Flying-type move.

Old 01-19-2020, 06:33 PM   #55
Missingno. Master
Merry Christmas

Jake was rolling with it pretty well, with Lucario not only dodging Confuse Ray, but using Copycat to throw that move right back at them- aiming it at Albus, even! "Albus, dodge it!" Keith exclaimed.

"Kaaaaakuna!" Albus exclaimed. He fired a strand of String Shot up at the ceiling, then reeled it in quickly once it stuck, lifting himself into the air just in time to evade the orb of confusion.

Phantump, meanwhile, had to deal with Starly bearing down on him at high speeds, Wing Attack having sliced clean through the Leech Seed. Phantump squeaked in terror as Starly streaked straight towards him. "Phantump! Branch Poke!" Willa exclaimed. Phantump hastily complied, turning his head so Starly would ram right into one of his pointy branches instead. And with how fast Starly was coming, it wasn't gonna have much time to work around this, if any time at all.

But Keith and Albus weren't just forgetting about Lucario! Keith gestured towards the Fighting/Steel-type. "Thunder Wave!" he called out.

"Kaaaaaakuna!" replied Albus, taking aim with his stinger and unleashing waves of electrical energy that would surely lock up Lucario's muscles and paralyze it.

Old 01-20-2020, 09:30 PM   #56
Zorchic
Pokemon Trainer

Keith reacted fast enough for him to tell Albus to use String Shot. The Kakuna shot thread at the ceiling and latched himself on, avoiding the Confuse Ray. The Cocoon Pokémon then shot a series of shockwaves at Lucario that intended to induce paralysis.

"Wow, I didn't know a Kakuna could move so fast," Jake remarked, as a compliment. "Lucario, avoid the Thunder Wave with Detect!"

Lucario's eyes glowed white, just like when he used the move before, and the Thunder Wave went around him harmlessly.

Jake watched as Starly flew right into Phantump's Branch Poke. It was nothing to worry about, though. One of Starly's glowing wings clashed with the Grass-type move, and the energy that was released pushed both Pokémon back. Neither attack had won out.

"Bring it on!" Jake called. "Starly, go at Phantump with a Quick Attack! Surround it with the move!"

Starly quickly readied a Quick Attack and flew around Phantump in tight circles that were too fast for the eye to follow, waiting for the right time to strike. After a few seconds...

"Now! Tackle him!" shouted Jake.

Starly broke out of his circle and zoomed inward. Ideally, he would have rammed into the Stump Pokémon head on. Starly then flew out of the way, as necessary for Jake's next move.

The young Aura Guardian looked at Lucario and winked, and instantly, Lucario knew what to do. He used Psychic, detaching Albus the Kakuna from the ceiling, and shot the yellow Cocoon Pokémon at Phantump. If all went as planned, the two of Jake's opponents would collide with each other. Even if Phantump managed to dodge, Albus would at least hit the ground.

Old 01-21-2020, 04:24 AM   #57
Missingno. Master
Merry Christmas

Keith grinned as Jake complimented Albus's speed. "Albus is no slouch," he replied. "You should meet his parents. Takes after 'em both."

The fight raged on, however, with Starly surrounding Phantump with Quick Attack before striking at an unexpected angle with Tackle, sending Phantump reeling just as Lucario used Psychic to sever the String Shot and send Kakuna plummeting- right towards Phantump.

"Albus!" Keith exclaimed.

"Phantump!" Willa called out.

"Oh! Albus!" Phantump exclaimed- once he'd righted himself and cleared his head, he noticed Albus falling right towards him. Floating upwards, Phantump reached out and caught his friend in his arms.

"Kaaakuna," Albus murmured appreciatively.

"You're very welcome," Phantump smiled.

"Phew," Keith shakily chuckled. "Alright, let's get ready to fight back!" he added. "Albus, we'll use Psychic as well!!"

"Phantump, follow up with Leech Seed!" Willa commanded.

Albus and Phantump nodded to each other before setting to work. The idea was simple- immobilize and damage Starly with Psychic, thereby preventing it from outmaneuvering the Leech Seed. And, for good measure, Albus would then telekinetically throw Starly at Lucario, just as a bit of payback.

Old 01-21-2020, 08:15 PM   #58
Zorchic
Pokemon Trainer

It was certainly impressive how Phantump managed to catch Albus in those stubby hands of his. To add to that, the Kakuna released Psychic waves which enveloped Starly in a faint blue glow. Phantump shot another Leech Seed at the little Starling Pokémon.

Sure, Starly couldn't do anything about the Leech Seed hurtling towards him, being suspended in the air...

But Lucario could.

"Slice open that Leech Seed, Lucario!" Jake called urgently. "Metal Claw, let's go!"

Quickly, Lucario ran towards Starly and the Leech Seed. With a flying leap, he clawed at the energy-sucking attack with his hand spikes, which were now three-fingered claws.
Spoiler: show

Slash! The Leech Seed was torn apart yet again.

It was only then that Lucario heard Starly give an alarmed chirp and turned towards Starly, as Albus telekinetically carried him right towards Lucario. Keith seemed to want to do to Jake what Jake had done to him.

Fortunately, Jake had dealt with such situations before, and had Lucario step right between Starly and the opposing two Pokémon. As Starly got closer and closer...

"Lucario, duck now!" shouted Jake.

With a swift duck, Lucario avoided the telekinetically levitated Starly, who sailed right over him—and headed right for Albus, again. The Kakuna couldn't Counter Starly now, the bird Pokémon wasn't using an attack. He was simply zooming at a high speed towards his opponent. Lucario even took hold of Starly with his own Psychic, guiding Starly and making sure he did not miss his target, the Kakuna. The two Pokémon fought for control with their respective Psychic attacks.

Old 01-22-2020, 05:55 PM   #59
Missingno. Master
Merry Christmas

As Keith supposed he ought to have seen coming, Jake was quite prepared to have his own strategy thrown back at him. Not only did Lucario slice through the Leech Seed with Metal Claw, it even used Psychic to keep Starly on track as it zoomed towards Albus. Not in any sort of attack, just flying in for an impact- Counter wouldn't work since no actual attack was taking place here.

"No!" Phantump cried out defiantly, holding onto Albus. "Not my friend!" And the Ghost/Grass-type was off, putting his hovering capabilities to full use, zipping in all directions to try and outmaneuver Starly.

"Good, Phantump!" Willa grinned. "Keep it moving, and use Branch Poke on Starly as soon as you have an opening!"

"Albus, Iron Defense, let's go!" Keith added.

Old 01-22-2020, 06:18 PM   #60
Zorchic
Pokemon Trainer

(Just a clarification question, is Phantump carrying Albus?)

Old 01-22-2020, 06:20 PM   #61
Missingno. Master
Merry Christmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorchic View Post
(Just a clarification question, is Phantump carrying Albus?)
(Yes.)

Old Yesterday, 03:20 PM   #62
Zorchic
Pokemon Trainer

It was then that Phantump came to Albus's rescue, lifting him into the air and zipping in all directions. Phantump readied a Branch Poke, while Albus braced for impact with Iron Defense.

Well, Iron Defense would do nothing against what Jake would do next.

"Lucario, hit 'em with an Aura Sphere!" he shouted. Aura Sphere was a Special-attacking move that never missed, tracking the opponent's aura and ensuring a hit despite Phantump's erratic movement.

Lucario formed a sphere of blue energy between his hands and launched it at Phantump and Albus. Hopefully it would keep them from getting to Starly. Even if it wouldn't, Starly let loose a Growl at that very moment, sending sound waves through the air to intimidate the two opponents and lower their Attack.

Old Today, 03:56 AM   #63
Missingno. Master
Merry Christmas

Willa gritted her teeth as Lucario unleashed Aura Sphere- that was guaranteed to be right on target no matter what, and with Phantump currently vulnerable to Fighting moves, there was no chance of getting out of that unscathed. But Phantump was determined nonetheless, braving even the Growl to land a hit with Branch Poke. But between the decreased Attack power and the poor type matchup, the move wasn't that effective at all.

Moreover, there was still the matter of the Aura Sphere honing in on them, but Keith was ready for that one. "Albus! Bide!" he commanded.

"Kaaaaaku!" exclaimed Albus, taking on a soft white glow. Taking the cure, Phantump held Albus in front of him like a shield, and with his friend's help, Albus took the full force of the Aura Sphere.

"Phantump, quickly, use Growth!" Willa called out.

"R-right!" Phantump nodded, forcing his ghostly body to grow just a little, more leaves sprouting from his branches as his offensive power increased. If Willa had a plan, she wasn't about to give any spoilers just yet, and what was more, Albus was proving to be an effective means of defense, and that wasn't even considering what would happen when he was finished storing energy...!

Old Today, 05:05 PM   #64
Zorchic
Pokemon Trainer

The determined Phantump pushed through the Growl and landed his Branch Poke on Starly, albeit a weak one. Starly brushed off the attack, but he gave Jake a signal with a wave of his wing.

Meanwhile, Albus the Kakuna determinedly took the Aura Sphere by himself, and readied a Bide to use that to his advantage.

Phantump used Growth, removing the Attack drop by boosting the stat, and raising his Special Attack stat as well.

After looking over his Pokémon, Jake realized that they looked a bit battered. "Lucario, heal up with Life Dew now!" he called.

Lucario nodded and formed a sphere of revitalizing water in his hands. He released it into the air, where it exploded into sparkly droplets of water. They splashed onto Lucario and Starly, restoring a quarter of each of their health.

Knowing what Bide did, Jake decided to use that against Albus and Keith, by leaving Albus alone. It was a crazy idea, but if what Jake was planning went through, then it just might work.

In case Albus purposely tried to take a hit, Lucario first used Psychic to hold him in place so he couldn't interfere. Lucario was careful not to actually deal any damage. While Lucario was using Psychic, he would also be carrying out another plan.

"Lucario, Starly, go all-out! Give it all you've got!" Jake called next. "Lucario, use Work Up to boost your stats before attacking Phantump with Dark Pulse! Starly, absorb some of the Dark Pulse's power into your own Wing Attack! Concentrate on Phantump!"

Let's do this! Lucario gave a determined battle cry as he surrounded himself with a red glow that boosted both of his offensive stats. He released a beam of swirling Dark energy from between his hands at Phantump.
Starly sprang into action as well, surrounding his wings with a solid white light. He rode on top of the Dark Pulse like a current, and gradually his wings darkened to a sinister purple color as they collected some of the Dark energy. Together, Starly and the Dark Pulse headed straight for the Stump Pokémon.

Old Today, 06:00 PM   #65
Missingno. Master
Merry Christmas

Lucario went for Life Dew, healing both itself and Starly a little bit. And then...

"Uh... what... I- I can't move Albus! He's stuck!" Phantump exclaimed, trying to pull Albus away, but the Kakuna was stuck in place by Lucario's Psychic.

"Phantump, let go-" began Willa.

"Wait!" Keith interrupted. He whispered urgently to Willa. "They're trying to not attack Albus, so right now he's Phantump's best defense, and take it from me, Phantump could do worse!"

Willa looked at Keith, then nodded. "...Stay there, then, Phantump," she said.

Lucario and Starly were then going all-out, launching into an intense combination of Dark Pulse and Wing Attack, all aimed right at Phantump. But, all Phantump had to do was maneuver himself so Albus was between him and the oncoming attacks. As a bonus, surely the Dark-type move would disrupt the Psychic that was holding Albus still. And yet, as Starly was rushing straight towards them, with the powerful Dark Pulse coming along, Phantump whimpered audibly. Even Albus made a small, worried sound as he attempted to take in as much of the intense attacks as he could for Bide purposes.

BOOM!

Keith and Willa both winced as the attacks landed with explosive impact. The ensuing smoke cloud obscured everyone's vision for at least a minute. And as it cleared... Phantump was still floating in midair, and the Kakuna he held was vibrating with all the energy he'd taken in.

"Are you two OK?" Keith called.

By way of an answer, Phantump wordlessly and gently placed Albus on the ground, then turned slowly back to his opponents, a surprisingly intense look in his eyes.

"Ka, Kakuna!" Albus called back to Keith.

Keith grinned. "Then let 'er rip, Albus!" he exclaimed.

"KAAAAAKUNAAAAAAAAAA!!!" Albus bellowed, letting loose a forceful beam of pure energy right towards Lucario, his Bide fully charged and then some.

"Phantump?" Willa asked. "Are you OK?"

For a moment, Phantump said nothing. And then, with a sudden scream, the Stump Pokémon slammed his ghostly tail into the ground. Which normally wouldn't have been all that impressive, were it not for the minor detail that doing so sent an energy pulse rippling throughout the battlefield. A greenish aura came over Phantump's entire body, and all at once, four thick, spiky vines erupted from the ground, coming for the opponents with great force.

Willa's eyes went very wide. "Wh... h-how..."

"Phantump knows Frenzy Plant?" Keith murmured.

"E-evidently!" Willa nodded, a small smile coming over her face as the shock slowly wore off. "Go for it, Phantump!" Phantump's only response was to continue screaming angrily as he powered the supercharged vines that were moving in to attack those who had hurt not only him but also his friend.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases