The hostess with the mostess

That's one sweet Articuno bro. Thanks!

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 03:24 PM   #27
Hanatori
Skippy.

Jumpluff

Hey, hey, here's one more! This one goes out to Kairne from PikaGod, fulfilling a writing request! PikaGod warns that this might be a little NSFW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairne
Writing Request AKA Make The Yuletide Even Gayer:
A short gay christmas-themed romance story between a cigarette-smoking Dewott and an innocent, timid Kecleon, names are obviously Kairne and Jeri, respectively.
Spoiler: show
It was a glorious Christmas Eve, and there were little birds a-chirping and little children out playing in the snow. Truly everyone with families was happy to be. But what about those who didn’t have anywhere to be or anyone to be with? Well they found themselves at a truly magical abode, the Santa’s Lay. Truly it was the best holiday themed establishment this side of Unova, and there were many a truly amazing story told about it.
That particular Christmas Eve, there were two particular people who had decided to spend Christmas in Santa’s Lay. One of them was a burly Dewott, rarely seen without a cigarette adorning his mouth, and often muttering something about those damn Combuskens thinking that they were better than he was. The second of the fine individuals was a young Kecleon, intimidated by both the fact that he was alone on Christmas Eve as well as the fact that he was surrounded by a large group of burly men. Which was silly, for it was burly men that the young chameleon had come in search for.

Making use of his ability to turn most invisible, the Kecleon stood in front of a ridiculously garish red wallpaper, making sure that no one could see him. This too was a silly action, as he needed the various pokemon to actually see him, otherwise the whole idea of coming down to the Santa’s Lay was pointless. He thought maybe some liquid confidence would cheer up him, and make a little more ‘jolly’, if you know what I mean.

Sitting at the bar, the Dewott played with the cigarette dangling down from his mouth. He had just been laid off, something about how Combusken were so much better at disposing of stuff. It wasn’t his bloody fault that he didn’t have the ability to burn things by being a bloody fire chicken. Oh well, for the man’s thoughts were irrelevant, it was Christmas Eve and the Dewott was on a quest to find something to put his mind at ease… or someone that was. He needed more alcohol in his system, then he would quest for his Lay, or something like that.

The Kecleon ordered a drink, he didn’t really know what it was that he ordered, but it sounded nice and fruity, and he liked fruit a lot. He looked down the bar, trying to possibly catch eye contact with someone who looked attractive. After all, the rules stated that if two people meet eyes then they would need to ‘battle’. Towards the end of the bar, a Dewott caught his eye. The pair stared at each other for a couple of seconds, both of them as if they were in a different universe, completely detached from the outside world. The young Kecleon broke the eye contact, feeling a little weird. What was that? He had never felt like that before.

The Dewott shook his head, well that was a little strange. There was something about that Kecleon wasn’t there? Drink in hand, he made up his mind. Pushing himself off his chair the man made his way over to the Kecleon, stumbling every now and then thanks to the amount of alcohol that he consumed so far. The Kecleon nervously watched as the Dewott made his way over, he didn’t know what was going to happen, maybe he would get angry and hurt him, or maybe something worse. The Dewott stumbled over, leaning against a bar stool for added support, and leant in close to the nervous pokemon, his lips brushing up against the Kecleon’s face.

“Wanna fuck?” slurred the Dewott, whispering in what he thought was a seductive tone.

“Kairne!” yelled Jeri, slapping his husband against the shoulder. “You did not just say that! The kids don’t need to know that!”

The Samurott chuckled, as the small Kecleon and Oshawott in his lap looked at their two fathers in confusion.

“Kids,” started Jeri, deathglaring Kairne, “That is not how we met. We meet each other in a library, with no drinking and definitely nothing naughty happening. Anyways, it’s time to unwrap presents so why don’t you guys go and stack everything in piles for me?”

At the mention of unwrapping presents, the kids leapt off their father’s lap and rushed into the lounge room, leaving Jeri and Kairne by themselves.
“I can’t believe you told them that,” said the Kecleon, his eyebrow raised.

“They are going to find out at some point in time how we really met,” retorted the Samurott, “Plus it’s probably not going to be as horrifying to them when they are young. Plus I like it when you get angry.”

“You never stop do you?” jokingly asked Jeri as his husband wrapped his arms around him.

“You know I don’t. And you know,” replied Kairne, leaning in, his lips brushing against Jeri’s face, “I still want that fuck.”
Old 12-25-2012, 03:40 PM   #28
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Shockingly accurate to how something along those lines would actually go down.

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 03:42 PM   #29
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
PikaGod, that was awesome. Hilarious and sweet, all at once.
KAIRNE I WILL RIP OFF YOUR SCROTUM AND FEED IT TO YOU THROUGH A FUCKING SWIRLY STRAW.

Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 04:21 PM   #30
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Luvdisc

I feel really bad now my sprite request looks so terrible compared to the others'. ._. It seemed too simple so I tried to add the laptop, but it's surprisingly hard to sprite from that angle. x.X Sorry, gmoyes!

Pengy, that Delibird sprite sheet is hnnng adorable~

Everyone else's stuff is great too. Looking forward to seeing the rest! \o/
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 04:57 PM   #31
XanderKetsu
Rainbow Badge

Send a message via AIM to XanderKetsu Send a message via Skype™ to XanderKetsu
Dat Typhlosion... Thanks Hana!

DAMMIT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Char View Post
Or...do you?
XanderKetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:14 PM   #32
Takeo
Boulder Badge

Sableye

This is from Takeo to YUKI; because of some help from my best friend this story isn't complete garbage but unfortunately not dark enough *sigh*
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpinkcorsola
Mika always wanted to see the Lights. She was a Sableye who lived underground, doing nothing but spend her dreary days like her brothers and sisters, scavenging for and eating the same kinds of rocks. The others made fun of the batty old Golbat who told tales of the outside world, but Mika believed in him. One day, Mew comes to her and asks if she would like to be led to the surface. She follows Mew out into the sun, which burns her skin. Mew asks whether she'd prefer to return to her gray moratorium. To live in safety and shelter, never knowing true beauty, or to die in a blaze of glory. To be a part of something bigger. Mika chooses the latter. She smiles as she combusts into flames, and Mew sacrifices her soul to Ho-Oh.

(Note - Mika is a reference to "mica", as in fool's gold. I'd like another male character named "Adam" after adamantite to be included as a foil who calls her a "dreamer" and doesn't see why she'd want to leave when they have all the stone sustenance they need. He tries to convince her the sun doesn't exist, warning her not to stray out of concern. Even though he's a bully, he tends to also treat her like a little sister. Any other rock/mineral puns are much appreciated.)

Synopses for both are approximate. Tell the recipients they're free to make changes/additions or tell in their own words, of course.
Oh and it's not punny, get it? punny, because...

After another bland day of digging, Mika, was joyed to see golbat after she had eaten her meal. Mika really took a shining to him probably because she was the only one who believed his stories. She dreamed of visiting the places golbat described.
Being in his twilight years, everyone treated his stories as fairy tales created for attention. Well everyone but mica. She was always fond of his stories and she longed to see the outside world.
Mika badgered Adam to accompany her. Adam refused and it wasn't she said she go on her own that Adam decided to accompany her. Adam never liked golbat and the idea of mika wanting to leave home. In essence he felt she was leaving him.
Mikas favorite story was about the vast city with a tower that stretched into the sky. He said the tower sparkled during the day and looked as if it were on fire as the sun set.
After hearing the story the two left golbat to his business. Right after they were far away enough from golbat.
Adam barked, "why do you listen to that nut case? He takes you as a fool!". Immediately Mika teared up.
She said, "shut up! How would you know?!"
He said,"look around you! This is home. This is where we belong. You're being an idiot!"

---

A lone Sableye walked the catacombs of a vast underground cavern. Water dripped from the ceiling as a small breeze whistled in. The cave was dark. The Sableye's coloring was different from most of her race, instead of a cool purple, her skin was painted a lavish gold. The gems on her body glowed as did the shine in her diamond like eyes.

To any nocturnal creature, this dampy, dreary cave would be home, but it no longer felt that way to Mika, instead it felt like a trap, a prison that kept her from being free, but of what?. This cave gave all the necessities a creature of the dark needed: shelter, food, water...but that wasn't enough, it was never enough.

She was disgusted at the very thought of how everyone lived, doing nothing but spend their dreary lives scavenging for and eating the same kinds of rocks.

She had always thought there was more to this, more to life, more to this pit.

Suddenly she caught a low sound coming from behind her,

They were scuttling sounds heading straight for her!

She began to run, but the steps continued their pace, not even slowing for a second,

She rushed to her destination, an above ground hole she had been digging for years now, that laid hidden from anyone else,

She was half way through when a claw grabbed her by the arm and pulled her out, when she whirled around she found that claw belonged to her childhood friend, Adam, the expression on his face was irregular, instead of a child like smile sat a worried one.

"Can you just come to your senses Mica, this mysterious place of a world in the surface doesn't exist!,"

"Like hell it doesn't!" she retorted,

"Your a dreamer Mica, just like...like him!, Spouting stories of the surface world, and look where it got him, dead and buried, underneath a rock!,"

"You're wrong!, He made it to the surface!,"

"Then why aren't you with him!?,"

"..."

Mika was lost for words, "I...,"

Adam came in close, "I worry about you, I wouldn't be so harsh to you, if I didn't care about you," he said as he was about to place his claw softly on Mika's head before it got slapped away, "No!, don't touch me!," She yelled, "You can't do that, you can't just...expect me to forgive you after the things you have said."

"And stop calling me Mica, it wasn't funny when we were kids, it's not funny now,"

Adam just stood there, not knowing what to say,

"I'm not a fool, and neither was he!,"

"Everyone made fun of the batty old Golbat who told tales of the outside world, but I believed!,"

"Can't you for once see that there is much more to our lives then digging,"

They stared at each other for a moment, "I'm going Adam, you can't stop me, no one can,"

Anger consumed Adam, in his rage he pushed Mika to the side and took his rage toward the hand made cave, using GRAVITY he brought the earth around him to life, his hands glowed a sinister purple,

"NO!," Mika cried out,

"It's for your own good," he said, as he brought the only thing that brought Mika any meaning to a close.

---

Mika ran off and cried herself to sleep.
She dreamt she was standing in front of mew. Mew said that it heard crying and wanted to help out. Mika explained how she wanted to escape to see the lights. Mew said "I can help. Hold my hand". Upon holding mew's hand they were transported to a cavernous exit.

The sky was painted in array of colors, purples, blues and reds,
Mika was speechless, the view was like nothing she had ever seen, the crisp warm air danced around as it picked up bits of grass that pressed onto Mika's skin,

Mika put her hand out of the shadow and into the sunlight and instantly she pulled back as a pain pierced her arm.
She looked at mew and said "I'm not dreaming?!".
Mew said "no. This is it. You have your choice to go home or experience your dreams."
Mika ran outside. Her body burned but she didn't feel pain, she felt joy. She wouldn't fade away as many like her did before. Before fading away she saw a tower in the distance. It was glistening gold.

Last edited by Takeo; 12-25-2012 at 10:06 PM.
Takeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:16 PM   #33
Hanatori
Skippy.

Delibird

(You're quite welcome, Xander! That was fun to work on.)

Anyhoo, we have another new entry in the bag here, an art request from empoleon dynamite to Coolz8:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolz8
Karezi Homestuck-Pokemon Crossover
Old 12-25-2012, 09:21 PM   #34
Emp
Volcano Badge

That's what you get from a non Homestuck fan who completely did a last minute rush job. Hope I didn't steal Christmas for you Coolz!

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:30 PM   #35
Coolz8
Thunder Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Coolz8
Thanks, Big and Empy!

And you're entirely welcome, Daisy!

I don't think I can match the others much too well, but it's around 80% completed.

--------
It would be best to confess as early as possible, to avoid any excess pain through excess attachment. Make sure you express yourself clearly, and no matter what the outcome may be, treat the other as you may treat a friend, applicable at such a stage in life.

--------

Coolz8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:57 PM   #36
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanatori View Post
Hey, you! Talon87! I've got an art request for you, courtesy of DaisyInari, who says she's quite pleased with how her work turned out.

Hahaha, nice. I would say "*saved*" but that'll have to wait until Thursday or more probably Friday. (Central Indiana gets 4-10" of snow tomorrow, Lafayette 3-5", weekly high of 32 on Friday. ^^; ) But it looks nice from my iPhone. Nice pose. "Wish you were here" so seals the deal hahahahaha. Oh, Meowth Boss Fantasies Giovanni, how you never cease to amuse me.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:46 AM   #37
Hanatori
Skippy.

Jumpluff

Pulling out another new arrival here, it's from Coolz8 to kusari! Says Coolz of the art request, "Sorry for the long wait!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusari
Art!: Aggrons apparently care about the environment on the mountain they run. So how about an Aggron taking care of its mountain. Y'know planting trees and junk like that.
Old 12-26-2012, 03:47 PM   #38
Char
Banned

Is there no TDos entry this year?
Char is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:36 PM   #39
Hanatori
Skippy.

Jumpluff

Haven't heard back from him. Maybe we'll see something from him, maybe we won't. Sorry, Char. ;(
Old 12-27-2012, 12:24 AM   #40
Sneaze
Mrow?

We all wait patiently for T-dos' art entry to compete with mine for the "Why did you even volunteer?" award.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:27 AM   #41
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneezey12 View Post
We all wait patiently for T-dos' art entry to compete with mine for the "Why did you even volunteer?" award.
Honestly, yours works Sneezey!

My fakemon had hallucinogenic spores, so you can interpret yours as what you would see after such a sporing.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:00 PM   #42
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

Send a message via AIM to Tyranidos Send a message via MSN to Tyranidos
Tyranitar

Without further ado, I present to you, my Secret Santa gifts that were "misplaced" by American Airlines (Southwest is way better, dunno what I was thinking).

First, I would like to apologize to Kairne, for making his cool idea look extremely stupid:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairne
Art Request AKA Black Midnight:
A Black Ursaring with a white ring stalking a Winter Sawsbuck in the fresh snow by the light of the moon.

And this next one is for Charminions, who lovingly made a vague request so this abomination is not completely my fault:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charminions
Ninja-like Pokemon doing ninja stuff.

I think that wraps it up (though I never got my request ;; ). See you next year.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:06 PM   #43
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
That was actually pretty cool, TDos. I liked it.
KAIRNE I WILL RIP OFF YOUR SCROTUM AND FEED IT TO YOU THROUGH A FUCKING SWIRLY STRAW.

Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:19 PM   #44
Spikkle
Cascade Badge

Send a message via MSN to Spikkle
Rocky the Flying Onix?! Someone please pick up my sides for me, they appear to have been blown clean off.

Really though, I haven't seen much of Daisy's stuff due to hanging almost exclusively around the ASB forums.
But that picture is AMAZING.

The research paper stuff was inspired, too. Now I want to do one.

Spikkle ------ Hollo ------ Tyke ------ Kooky Monster ------ Blake ------ Rockon

PASBL Squad | Fizzy Bubbles | Winner of deo's Award for Least Intelligent Comment of All Time

Need refs for: vs. Copy (new match)

Bonus:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyranidos View Post
Pikachu is like me when I play tennis. If I play someone that sucks, I start to suck and lose. But if I play someone good, I play somewhat decently and still lose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowshocker View Post
"One cross referee; one wayward pinch of banned narcotic substance, one RNG... AND KABLOOIE!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Emperor View Post
And the round starts off with both Pokemon pulling out a Monopoly Board and.. it seems to work! Relicanth starts things off by picking the Tophat. Vulpix seems to be upset, as he coveted that piece. Luckily for him he does just that! Vulpix uses Covet and gets to play with the Tophat piece. Relicanth looks quite upset by these turn of events, and decides to use the Car instead!

The round continues with Relicanth landing on Central Avenue! He decides to purchase the property.. it's super effective! Vulpix instead decides to use Imprison! Suddenly Relicanth finds himself in jail! What an exciting twist! The round ends with Relicanth unable to do anything else at the moment.

Last edited by Spikkle; 01-02-2013 at 12:22 PM.
Spikkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:09 PM   #45
Emp
Volcano Badge

So am I the only person who thought T'dos's drawing for Kairne was a mishaped penis when they first opened the spoiler?

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:50 PM   #46
phoopes
Double Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by empoleon dynamite View Post
So am I the only person who thought T'dos's drawing for Kairne was a mishaped penis when they first opened the spoiler?
Okay I'm glad someone came out and said this because I thought it would be really awkward if I did. Once I saw the whole picture, I could tell what it was though, and it's a really neat drawing.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:28 PM   #47
Torkoal Stu
This

Quote:
Originally Posted by empoleon dynamite View Post
*raises hand*

Also I'm late, but Balmund's drawing for Loki is amazing~ : D
Torkoal Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:31 PM   #48
DaisyInari
Sarasaland represent!

Send a message via MSN to DaisyInari
Altaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikkle View Post
Rocky the Flying Onix?! Someone please pick up my sides for me, they appear to have been blown clean off.

Really though, I haven't seen much of Daisy's stuff due to hanging almost exclusively around the ASB forums.
But that picture is AMAZING.

The research paper stuff was inspired, too. Now I want to do one.
Aw, thanks Spikkle! I'm happy to say that the new techniques I tried out on that pictures turned out pretty great \o/ also you should look at the rest of my thread if you want to see more art

But! I know I'm missing one request, but if that person can't finish I'm fine with that! I just want to know who it is that got my bland request xd;

Hi, I'm Daisy!

W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
TP-131 SP- 64.5/96.5 (5SP to Deh, 5SP to FW, 5SP to Desert Spirit, 8.5SP to Fallen Icarus, 10SP to Kyro12, 8SP to Charminions, 10 to aposteriori)
SHUCKS I GOTTA FIX THIS SOMETIME
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Credits to Charm for making this!

Come, my birdies!!!! Mwahahahaha!!!!!!

Thanks Pingu for being so nice and making me this~

Credit to TheKnightsFury for the sprite!

Fear my abnormally large signature~

Be Positive Ref~ I <3 you, Lonely Cubone and those who eval'd me~
DaisyInari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:19 PM   #49
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

Good job everyone!

Put a special thanks to Balmund for doing my request.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 02:51 PM   #50
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Surprise!

Hey, Hana, you might have known who was doing your request, but at least you got the surprise of it being actually done!

Without further ado, Hana, your request! Utterly terrible and completely missing the point of the request, but here all the same!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanatori
Write a retrospective article about how the "DOGARS" song from Black/White 2 became a big hit in the Pokemon world, and how Roxie's band tried to follow up on that success.
"I'm sorry, I didn't quite hear you! Again, who do you want?!"

"ROX-IE-ROX-IE-ROX-IE, ROXIE!"

As she stood on the stage once more before the screaming crowd, Roxie almost pinched herself. But she didn't want to wake up. This was it- This is what she had been waiting for. Glancing around, she was stunned by the chaos before her. All this, for them? Really? She tore her eyes away to look at the others that shared this stage with her. Cook shot her a thumbs up from behind his wall of drums, while Jo flashed her a grin and Jonny proudly displayed the victory sign. Yes, they were here, she was here, they had made it. She felt a tear fall from her eye, and she didn't even care- She turned back to her waiting crowd, pulled the mic from the stand, and stood her ground. She wouldn't let anyone take this from her. Even if this was a dream, she'd just have to prove to reality who was boss around here. Just who did it think it was messing with?! She'd show it the venom a gym leader could spit!!

"ARE YOU READY TO RAWK?!"

The crowd screamed it's approval, and a grin split the leader's face as she gripped her guitar, hands already flying as her solo cued the song's beginning...

- - -

"Unnnngraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ggggggggh!"

A crash announced the start of a morning like any other as Roxie's alarm clock left one more dent in the wall before rolling to her feet. Flailing out of bed, the leader crawled to the annoyance, bashing it until it moved no more. Grumbling, she tossed on her sweater before groggily decending the stairs. Sliding into the kitchen, she very nearly flopped into her seat before pouring her breakfast out, to the amused concern of her father, who watched his daughter over the latest issue of PokePals.

"Honey, maybe you could give a little more time to your appearance in the morning?"- Roxie's reply couldn't really be considered any kind of known language, but she did manage to mutter something about the Whilipede Clock being much bulkier than the real thing. Her reaction was entertaining, if not particularly unexpected, and her father smiled before setting his paper aside. "So, still tired from your encore?"

Roxie stared at him through narrowed eyes as she chewed her cereal. When she abruptly stood up, her eyes had gained three sizes and the grogginess had entirely vanished from her face. Knocking her chair from it's feet, she first turned one way before sprinting the other, her meal left forgotten as the frantic banging of clothes being flung on and the screams of success echoed from the upstairs room. When she finally returned to the table, Roxie shot her father a look of satisfaction before saying something the old sailor is probably still wondering about.

"I told reality I'd give it a whooping if it messed with me!"

- - -

Roxie's band, who called themselves 'Smog-On' from that fateful day, enjoyed a dizzying rush up the charts as they followed their ever-popular 'Dogars' debut with the heart pounding single 'Venoshock', leaving a lasting impression on fans and critics alike. It's said that the band experienced some tensions early on as the pressure of maintaining both a gym and a musical career strained each of their friendships, but they announced a resounding comeback with 'Moltov', which Roxie happily told critics was inspired by the power she and her band had discovered when they worked together to save her gym from a particularly unsavory fate, reminicent of the strength of a particularly voltile blend of poisons. From then on, they consistently produced highly acclaimed albulms, which critics lauded for being "full of spirit" and "true to their roots". What that even means, not much care- but it's safe to say that, from the day the band claimed the Battle of the Bands win, Roxie and her crew have been "rawk"ing out.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Fanart & Fanfiction