UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime

Old 01-13-2008, 02:18 AM   #76
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Re: big bad birtha's suggestion box 2: secret passions unveiled

I think so, since when I try to load it, it opens the appropriate DOS-esque applet and gives me options 0, 1, 2, and 3. (1 and 2 involve doing stuff. 0 iirc was quit, which was what I did.)

As for Version 1.11 ... I don't see it. Headed off to start up the machine in Japanese mode.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 02:29 AM   #77
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Ack! I apologize >.< I just checked the link I gave you for caster and it was forbidden. http://njm4558.run.buttobi.net/ Go there, and download the file that says
th075Caster071227_exe.zip. After that, extract it and put all of the files in the same folder as your game.

As for China....You shouldn't have to do that. All you should have to do, is hit the microwave and choose the same file your game is in.

Anyway, you are right. We are kind of spamming my lovely suggestion box with this, so I will make a Touhou thread.
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 03:35 AM   #78
Talon87
時の彼方へ

UPDATE: Here is what my controller looks like.

Also, I just beat the game for the first time ever. (Reimu x Normal Difficulty) I had gotten to Remilia Scarlet before, but I had not realized she was the final boss. I feel better now that I got as far as her before I gave up. And damn was she broken! (I had to use one Continue! And I was afraid, with four KOs, I was going to have to use the 2nd!) I don't think I would have ever been able to beat her if not for you teaching me how to make use of the D-Combos, so thanks. Those were much needed. I liked Reimu's colorful orbs best; her other two attacks, while interesting (the column of light for # of hits, the ball of energy for total damage), are both close range! And like you mentioned, and I agree, Reimu's strength is in staying as far away from the opponent as possible and dealing damage from the safety of the edge of the screen. So, I liked the balls. That, and their semi-ability to home in on the target is nice. (As opposed to having no homing at all.)

I have Caster already! Here is a screencap of my screen.
Old 01-14-2008, 05:45 PM   #79
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

Finally! Shana II 13 delivers some much needed action!
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 06:18 PM   #80
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger

It wasn't a very good episode, though, even if there was some action. I was somewhat disappointed that "THE HIGH POINT" of the last stretch of stench consisted of Shana getting punched around and Wilhelmina restraining Margery. Even "OGATA GETS BLOWN TO BITS" was better in written form than it was animated. I'm starting to think J.C. Staff isn't as good a studio as I once thought.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 06:36 PM   #81
Loki

lol. Nice spoilers there.

I personally think your standards are just getting higher. Especially after you started watching TTGL.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:37 PM   #82
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

That might be the case, but I passed off TTGL as a once-in-a-decade type of show. Then I saw Baccano!, which was done by an un-known studio and animation-wise seemed similar to Shana, and had my socks blown right off. Baccano! was everything I had dreamed I would see in Black Lagoon and then some.

So, it's not a case of just one series raising my bar, but multiple ones. And I still haven't seen Denno Coil or Darker than Black, the former of which also won that award for "best animation of the year" with Gurren-Lagann and the latter is a Bones title, and Bones is famous for high production.

And I supposed I did lament a bit more loudly than I should about Shana, but from my knowledge of what is to come in the novels, this brief spar with Pheles will be the only action we'll see until Sairei no Hebi makes his triumphant return to the living world, likely around episode nineteen or so. We're up for more Indecision 2008 in the coming month, and we won't see "Gar God" Yuuji until long after he's been defeated by Simon in SaiGar.

Plus, we haven't seen Blutsauger in a while. That sword needs to re-appear before anything is to progress.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-14-2008, 09:55 PM   #83
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Doppel, you may want to notify SaiGAR Guy via 4chan that his page needs a little updating ...
Old 01-14-2008, 09:59 PM   #84
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Alright. It has been awhile, but here is zine new episode update. I haven't hit much yet though.

H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~2- I am starting to really like this =D I mean, it has everything. Great characters, mysterious, but promising story, and even a trap. I really wish to find out more about this as everything goes along.

Shakugan no Shana II 13- =D =D =D This episode was made of pure and epic win! It more than makes up for the crappy start this had. I can easily say that this is one of the best episodes of Shana.

I still have to watch Rosario, even though I am kind of reluctant to =/ There's also some Gintama episodes I need to watch. However, Touhou has me ensnared ;_;
Old 01-14-2008, 10:11 PM   #85
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuande
Doppel, you may want to notify SaiGAR Guy via 4chan that his page needs a little updating ...
There will be a big topic during the interim between the first and second round matches, which would be ideal for fixing stuff like that. Most of his posts nowadays that accompany graph postings consist of "Dang, I'm feel sick" or "I'm so drunk". We've always known him to be a drunkard, but I think this is a bitch much. >_>
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-14-2008, 10:13 PM   #86
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger
There will be a big topic during the interim between the first and second round matches, which would be ideal for fixing stuff like that. Most of his posts nowadays that accompany graph postings consist of "Dang, I'm feel sick" or "I'm so drunk". We've always known him to be a drunkard, but I think this is a bitch much. >_>
A "bitch much," huh? I love it. So glad I caught it before any possible edit.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:16 AM   #87
Loki

Hahaha! Typos are hilarious.
Old 01-15-2008, 03:16 AM   #88
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I started watching Final Approach and I was just about to do a face-palm when I realized this was going to be harem-ish, but there's THREE important points that strike a discord in my brain.

1. The developers of the original visual novel this show was based on do NOT write eroge! They're the same folks who did Hourglass of Summer, which along with Ever17 was one of the big, non-ero visual novels. +5
2. Ryo, the main lead, acts nothing like a normal harem lead would. Had Ryo been Keitaro, or Makoto, Suguru, Shungo or that guy from Shuffle, he'd be totally oblivious and indecisive, un-able to share his feelings...Ryo defies this stereotype so fiercely my first impression of him was "holy shoot, GAR!" and sure enough, he's maintained a view-point akin to my own heart. +10
3. People recommended this title to me on the basis of it being horribly tragic, and the girl what's her name describes herself as "Yamato Nadeshiko - the ideal Japanese woman who would do anything and everything perfectly for her husband". Dopple's logic goes along the lines of, "she'll do anything for him + tragedy at some point = give her life for Ryo"? It seems very possible, and a modulation shift from the first episode would be well warranted. Even if this isn't the case, +15 for making me think about it.

So, +30 and I'm not even done with episode one! This show might shape up to be truly awesome.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-15-2008, 03:04 PM   #89
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

I watched the latest Rosario Vampire today. Here are my sexy thoughts.

Rosario + Vampire 2- >.> I don't see how this is so popular. I seriously don't. When I looked at the comments, they were all "I love this!" comments, and I don't see any good points to this show. Sure, when the vampire girl goes insane, it's pretty badass, but that's it. Okay. One more episode. If the next episode is no good, I'm dropping it.

Alrightey. Off to pick up my paycheck then go to work. *sigh* I won't be back until 9:00 ;_;
Old 01-15-2008, 03:27 PM   #90
Loki

Is episode 39 of Hayate the last episode? I saw the preview of episode 38 and they said final episode and now I'm freaking out. I thought it was supposed to be 52 episodes long, what happened?
Old 01-15-2008, 04:06 PM   #91
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Everything from the start of season II and on was filler; since an anime season is thirteen weeks long, Hayate is now in its fourth season with canon content again. Episode forty one aired not too long ago.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-15-2008, 04:34 PM   #92
Loki

That can't be true. There are some episodes between 14-25 that have canonical material. Like when Hayate transferred the inheritance condition to defeating him instead of making Nagi cry. Anyway, I'm sure we all knew it was filler after that episode. Like... ridiculous filler. Not as bad as Naruto filler though.

Although for filler, I did like Kuzuha-sama. Her voice is so sexy.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:00 PM   #93
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Oh, I see what you mean. There was barely any canon material, though. We never got to see "Hayate no Gotoku" getting used, Church of Alexander Mark never appeared...Trantez, the translator for Musashi QUALITY, was shocked so much was omitted by the anime.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-17-2008, 11:54 AM   #94
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

I have hit two new episodes today. I don't know much what to say about Wolf and Spice (don't get me wrong, I really liked the second episode), but I did catch another new one. Here's my thoughts on it.

Shigofumi ~Stories of Last Letter~ This is another great new one. I really liked this. The end of the episode was kind of horrible though ;_; Anyway, I look forward to the next episode.

Err....I still have Kaiji to watch, and then there's Hayate 40 >.> So many new episodes, so much Touhou in my way.
Old 01-17-2008, 04:38 PM   #95
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Minami-ke ~Okawari~ dropped. No, not by me! By Ayako! That's right -- the better TL of the two fansub groups who were working on Minami-ke Season 1 has informed his fansub group, "You can count me out." (And who can blame him!?) So, Ayako has had to announce, "Um ... if our translator refuses to do Okawari, there really isn't much we can do." (Click the link to read the real, more concise message.)

Is ~Okawari~'s subject material bad? No(t by much). It's just a continuation of where we left off in Season 1 (with an inferior team of writers and artists imagining how those chapters from the manga would look in anime form as compared with Series 1's team).

Is ~Okawari~'s character design all that bad? Honestly, no, it's not different enough to be bad -- and this is coming from a guy who thinks Series 1 had some of the cutest, normalest character design ever.

So what makes ~Okawari~ so bad that the translators refuse to translate it? Two things:
(1) Rumor has it (wouldn't know, I only have Ep1 raw) that both episodes aired so far have been really lecherous and playing off of perverted humor. Episode 1 certainly had a fair amount of T&A (with the girls going to a hot springs resort), but apparently the Japanese just won't let it die that the animation team (for S2) animated Haruka's voluptuous boobs as floating like floaties in the salty water. Click here for one artist's interpretation of Studio #2's blunder. (NSFW, but very much so rated PG, you should all click on it when no one's around and you're at home)

(2) This one I can confirm, as it was my own chief complaint with the second series: the animation sucks. No, I don't mean the art style, the character designs, the color pallet, etc. None of that. I mean, "you'll be looking at this cup of sake and it'll be warping in size, with nobody moving it, in a way indicative of lazy animation. Like ... as if the team drew 60 different sake cups for 60 different frames, but each time they drew the cup from scratch and, while close!, they were a little off every time, so it gives the 60fps finished product a feel of "the lines moving about." Some shows use this intentionally (e.g. Science Court from Saturday morning cartoons way back when), but it's just not welcome here. -_-;
Old 01-18-2008, 12:46 PM   #96
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I started watching Kyou no Go no Ni (Today's Class 5-2) by Sakuraba Koharu. You may know him as the creator of Minami-ke. Well, it turns out that his older manga was turned into a 4-episode OAV and it's really quite cute. If you enjoy school days animes and would like to see a semi-novel spin on it (5th grade one-sided first love from the girl towards the unaware guy), then check it out. It's only a total of 2 hours long. And the first hour so far's been really cute and mildly funny.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:56 PM   #97
The Morg
Trying to send Christmas cards

I thought 5-2 was pretty cool; in fact, I sort of feel like rewatching it now. The collarbone incident was awesome!

*munch munch* | FB Profile
The Morg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 06:02 PM   #98
Talon87
時の彼方へ

My favorite two girls are the auburn long-haired girl who has the crush on Ryouta (#1) and the blonde quiet girl with vampiring biting tendencies (#2).
Old 01-19-2008, 01:32 AM   #99
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Kaiji 15 is out.
Old 01-19-2008, 03:40 AM   #100
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Already saw it. It was OK. Being spoiled sort of nullified the shock of what happened in the first five minutes, and toward the end. ._.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime