UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 10-13-2011, 01:18 AM   #1
deoxys
Fog Badge

Junichi Masuda 'considering' Ruby/Sapphire 3DS remakes

http://mynintendonews.com/2011/10/12...-nintendo-3ds/

Quote:
Junichi Masuda, one of the developers at Gamefreak who make the Pokemon games, has replied to a fans request on Twitter to remake Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire.

”Thanks for your thoughts. Ruby and Sapphire are important games to me. I will consider your request.”

Of course it’s by no means confirmation that we will get either title, but the fact that Masuda is actually considering it is well worth a mention. Lets hope we see both games on the Nintendo 3DS.
So basically a yes. SunRuby and SeaSapphire are most likely going to happen.

MAL - Fizzy Bubbles - Twitter

deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 06:44 AM   #2
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
Oh God no whyyyyyyyyy.
DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 06:50 AM   #3
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Send a message via MSN to Rangeet Send a message via Skype™ to Rangeet
Oh god yes.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:01 AM   #4
pengyzu
heiir of liife

Send a message via Skype™ to pengyzu
How awesome! I started with RS and I sure hope to play them again... in style! And with new Pokemon! How exciting
Old 10-13-2011, 07:23 AM   #5
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Just clarifying that I actually like RS, I just don't see why we need remakes when I can just use the GBA slot on my DS.

FRLG/HGSS were good since they brought old games up to date, given that you can't play RB/GS on anything but a Game Boy. Now I can play every region on one console I don't see the point.

Gimme Gray and role on Gen VI already.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:34 AM   #6
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Because I loved Gen 3 so much, I'm actually pretty bummed to hear this. Am still hoping that Lindsay might prove to be correct yet. I would sooner see Gen 3 remakes which use the Gen 6 graphics engine than ones which use the crappy Gen 5 graphics engine.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 12:21 PM   #7
deoxys
Fog Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Just clarifying that I actually like RS, I just don't see why we need remakes when I can just use the GBA slot on my DS.

FRLG/HGSS were good since they brought old games up to date, given that you can't play RB/GS on anything but a Game Boy. Now I can play every region on one console I don't see the point.

Keep in mind 3DS doesn't have a GBA slot, so a remake of R/S very plausible. That being said, I highly doubt there will be a D/P remake at this rate, although they could if the next portable scraps DS playback, which I doubt.

Also, Talon, I'm inclined to agree. I hope Gen 6 graphics would be utilized in Pokemon RuSa remakes, although I don't that happening =/
Old 10-13-2011, 12:25 PM   #8
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Quote:

Because, they are going to phase out the GBA games. It has been obvious ever since HG/SS. Ever wonder why the Hoenn legends were in that game??????

FUCK YEAH REMAKES!
Old 10-13-2011, 04:19 PM   #9
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

>It has been obvious ever since HG/SS. Ever wonder why the Hoenn legends were in that game??????

By this logic the Johto Legends would be in FRLG, which had one Beast (depending on starter) and Ho-oh and Lugia by event. The Hoenn legends were included so that people without R/S/E could get them and complete the PokéDex, same for why the Legendary Birds were in Platinum for no real reason.

RS don't even need remakes, what with them being in the 'current' graphical style and such.
Old 10-13-2011, 04:39 PM   #10
deoxys
Fog Badge

Quote:

RS don't even need remakes, what with them being in the 'current' graphical style and such.
But R/S's graphical style isn't the same as the one currently be used.

But now this has me questioning if they'll re-remake Red/Green again since it's last ieration was on GBA as well...
Old 10-13-2011, 04:42 PM   #11
Emi

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
But R/S's graphical style isn't the same as the one currently be used.

But now this has me questioning if they'll re-remake Red/Green again since it's last ieration was on GBA as well...
If anything, I really do not want Gamefreak to go on a remake spree. Ruby and Sapphire should be just enough.
Old 10-13-2011, 04:46 PM   #12
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

That's the thing. If they remake Ruby and Sapphire then you'll have the Gen I fans crying out for a RB/FRLG remake, since they'll be the only one left behind.

The line is either no remakes at all or remakes of both pairings.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:39 PM   #13
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

That reads like a very vanilla response o.o; Ya know like some standard reply you'd get back from some companies automated e-mail. Not calling Masuda a robot or anything... but I wouldn't read much into it. I'm sure he's been requested by fans ta remake everything under the sun including even B/W lol.

After all ya always hear SE saying they'd like to remake FFVII and its always on their minds and always being requested. Same with Ono and a new Vampire Savior, etc. Besides, I'm sure Gen IIImakes have been on Game Freaks chalkboard timeline forevers anyhow.
Lindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 07:46 PM   #14
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
That's actually something I'm hoping for. I mean, come on. Kanto's always had epic music. But the opportunity to hear it remixed to B/W's already awesome standards? And see the Kanto region, potentially in 3-freaking-D? The very idea gets me excited!
Old 02-20-2012, 08:12 AM   #15
nerubi
Pokemon Trainer

Wow, remake of Ruby and Sapphire )

Fizzy Bubble

;386-a; FC Black - Tsubaki : 4942 9431 4010 ;386-a;
nerubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:47 PM   #16
Treecko's Awesomeness
Pokemon Trainer

I'd be completely in favor of this. Gen 3 was my favorite gen, and seeing it rebooted would be awesome.
Treecko's Awesomeness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 03:41 PM   #17
Megh
Pokemon Trainer

Location: Within a house in a city within a country within a continent. Within Earth. Within the Milky Way :P
Oh god, I hope I hope I hope sooo muuuuch. Nyaaa. That would be EPIC. And as for a Gen I remake, it's had one already, and so has Gen II, so it's only natural Gen III would be next in line. Come on, Kanto and Johto are fine 'n' dandy, but it's Hoenn's turn!
Megh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:00 PM   #18
phoopes
Double Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Because I loved Gen 3 so much, I'm actually pretty bummed to hear this. Am still hoping that Lindsay might prove to be correct yet. I would sooner see Gen 3 remakes which use the Gen 6 graphics engine than ones which use the crappy Gen 5 graphics engine.
I've always been curious: What makes you think that the Gen 5 graphics engine is crappy? I do prefer the graphics of 4th gen to 5th gen, but only slightly, and that's via splitting hairs on certain things. But by no means do I think it's crappy. When I think crappy graphics for Pokemon, I think of the original games, not Gen 5.

Gah, I will be the first in line to buy this should they remake it. Gen 3 is my favorite generation, and the one I started out with as well. Really excited to see what they can do with it.
Old 05-26-2012, 05:07 PM   #19
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I've explained this many times before and even taken the labor of providing pictures. I'm not going to do all that again. Suffice to say:

1. At any given position on the overworld map, the pixel art looks worse in this game than it does in 4th Gen. Not a lot worse, but worse. It shouldn't look worse as we move forward, not ever! It should look as good or better.

2. In motion, the overworld pixel art in this game looks horrendous compared with previous generations' overworld pixel art when in motion. People's eyes change shape and width in funky misrendered ways. The illusion of depth is completely shattered by the distractingly bad pixel malformations that occur as you move past people, buildings, and trees. Lines suddenly double in width and then vanish all together before showing up once again at their original width. Pretty much every single 3D item in this game was pixel art rendered to look perfect when the hero was standing on the exact same horizontal line as is it. Move above or below that line and the item starts to look real bad.

3. The battle sprites look nice when you're zoomed out from them ... but you're rarely zoomed out from them. 90% of your time is spent zoomed in. And some times you even super zoom in. During either the zoomed-in or the super-zoomed-in times, the pixel art looks fucking atrocious. F-u-c-k-i-n-g---a-t-r-o-c-i-o-u-s. Don't just link me some sprite on Bulbapedia and compare it to a sprite from 4th Gen because that's not how this is gonna work. My criticism here is that the sprites were lazily only rendered once (at the "zoomed out" phase) and then the 3D camera actually zooms in on these during combat. It's analogous to zooming in on a JPEG on your computer. What looked pretty when zoomed out suddenly looks like some cubism vomit when zoomed in. If you honestly have never noticed this, never ever consider a career in which visual perception is key.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 07:10 PM   #20
phoopes
Double Dragon

1. I agree with you here. Slightly worse, but not awful.

2. Here is where our opinions begin to diverge. Personally, the only quibble I have here is with the eyes changing shape and being wonky. Again, I feel the same way about number one. While it is slightly worse than Gen 4, it's really not that bad in my opinion.

3. I do agree with you here, but not completely. I do agree with you that the quality of the sprite goes down as the zoom increases, but again, I think you're making it out to be worse than it actually is. It's not good. Heck, I'd go as far to say the quality on the super-zoomed in sprites is poor. But it's not, "Fucking atrocious," as you put it. However, I don't mind it too much because they're not like that all the time. Also, I cut them a bit of slack here because in all fairness, it's something they've never done before. This said, I will be disappointed if they don't improve upon this in games to come. In my opinion, 4th gen looks the best, but by no means is 5th gen that far behind in terms of graphical quality.
Old 05-26-2012, 10:20 PM   #21
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

Graphics:

HGSS > DPPt > GSC > BW > RBY > RSE

Ranking is based on what the handheld is capable of, as well as how stylized the graphics are to those capabilities, and how good they look in general.

HGSS still looks leagues better than any other handheld Pokemon game. Black and White just looks lazy and gimmicky, which is weird considering that's sort of my feeling about them in general?
Amras.MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 03:58 PM   #22
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

To be fair, a lot of B/W graphics are bad because this is the first time they've done those things. Especially for the battles- they went from the 2D system which they had pretty much mastered in HGSS (which I would of been fine with them keeping, but I suppose there are all to many newbs who are all like 'I want my pogemans in 3D!) to a 3D system which they had never done before in B/W. While some attacks still look downright kickass in the new system (Aura Sphere, just about every Fire-type special attack, Tri-Attack, etc), the vast majority were very much 'meh', especially moves with animations involving changing the graphics of the user (lookin' at you, Work Up).

tl;dr: Most shitty attack animations can be blamed on the 3D battle display and continuous animations, two of the very things the fandom loved.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:51 PM   #23
Nagasaki
Cascade Badge

Send a message via Yahoo to Nagasaki Send a message via Skype™ to Nagasaki
If Ru/Sa will be remade, Let me ask you guys... Which do you prefer better?

D/P style of B/W style?
Nagasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:16 PM   #24
Emi

HGSS style bitches.
Old 06-08-2012, 05:52 AM   #25
Trainer Andy
Pokemon Trainer

Whilst I still consider the third gen somewhat of a weak link, my OCD means that I must buy this to keep my collection complete. If it ever actually comes out of course.

Oh, and B/W style.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON