Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Ham Tiger - 6

Spoiler: show
This episode had everything.

-anti-otaku message
-cute girls drawing cute things
-brolove
-zombies

Other than that, it was OK. Although what I just bullet-ed was about 90% of the episode.

I love how Morg and I figured out the puzzle within 5 seconds of it being presented. We're practically jr. inspectors on the PSYCHO-PASS police team, now.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 12:35 AM   #27
The Morg
Trying to send Christmas cards

Ham Fighter 6!

There's a gaijin character who speaks English. These characters almost always speak either Engrish or are voiced by random non-VA's who make it dry and emotionless. But not this guy! Since Doppleganger and I were watching via a streaming site, we each had the exact same reaction: did we accidentally click on a dub version? This guy could easily pass off as a legit western VA. A cursory google search reveals that his real career is teaching English and touring with his band.

And then some actual Engrish shows up: "It sleeps here" is the message on a grave.

Some backstory for this detective duo, which basically amounts to "I won't die, even if I'm killed!"

The villain of this episode is another topless guy! And he has ABS OF STEEL.

*munch munch* | FB Profile
The Morg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 12:08 AM   #28
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Watched episode 6.

What happened this episode? Did BONES run out of budget already? This episode was so sloppy it's unreal. I mean it has some alright development, and I do like the thing between the two artists. The execution was just so damn lackluster though. The animation/art this week was pretty bad too.

This week's duo just suddenly starts talking about their past to two random girls?

Steel punches do nothing....lightning punches do nothing...BUT LIGHTNING STEEL PUNCHES WILL BEAT HIM! Makes perfect sense.

I really hope this week's episode was just a temporary hiccup where BONES just decided to spend the week drinking or something.
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 03:03 PM   #29
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Episode 06:

After the amazingness of 05, 06 was a bit of a step down. The backstory felt kinda rushed and weak. But man all dat yaoi-bait.
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 06:04 PM   #30
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Y'all a bunch of haters. That episode rocked my socks. It's a big reason I'm barefoot right now.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 02-13-2014, 09:55 PM   #31
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Oh, one little thing I want to mention again:

For some reason I just love how those two random kids are regulars now. Seeing them was the highlight of the episode fro me. *shot*

Also the guy's appearance kinda reminds me of Naegi.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:32 PM   #32
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Episode 07:

DESPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

omg i'm close to crying right now ;;
Old 02-19-2014, 03:26 AM   #33
kaisap112
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post
Episode 07:

DESPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

omg i'm close to crying right now ;;
I'M STILL SO SHOCKED I CAN'T CLOSE MY MOUTH, MY JAW DROPPED SO HARD!

THERE BETTER BE A MINIMUM TO BRING DEAD PEOPLE BACK TO LIFE! OH MY LORD ART MY POOR SWEET ART! ;A;
Old 02-19-2014, 12:36 PM   #34
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisap112 View Post
I'M STILL SO SHOCKED I CAN'T CLOSE MY MOUTH, MY JAW DROPPED SO HARD!

THERE BETTER BE A MINIMUM TO BRING DEAD PEOPLE BACK TO LIFE! OH MY LORD ART MY POOR SWEET ART! ;A;
At the start of the episode I was like: "Man, I bet Art has some awesome Minimum waiting to be activated, I wonder what it is." I guess all the development he got this episode should've been a death flag warning... Damn you white-haired boys, stop dying in animé! (Although if his Minimum actually turns out be self-healing I'm not sure whether I'll be pleased or disappointed.)

And the villain! Argh! I dunno whether to give him props or pitchforks for FINISHING THE DAMN JOB. It's like, kudos for not falling into genre blindness and following a few important items on the Evil Overlord Checklist by not leaving the hero to die a slow painful death, but fucking overkill, man. =| All while still squeezing in a gloating speech and torturing his victim both mentally and physically. When he stepped on Art's hand reaching for his phone I literally went "YOU ASSHAT".

I am starting to see where the Makishima/Psycho-Pass similarities come in (Art's death even kinda resembles Kagari's), but I dunno, whereas Mr. Book Club President felt more boring Moral just has such a detestable crazy charm about him. I kinda wondered if he and Art were related due to the white hair, but I sure hope not. Liked Art's logic in defending his friendship with Nice, despite whatever jealousy he must feel deep down.

I also enjoyed the sidestory with the idol-sleeper and obsessed fans. Hamatora really doesn't pull any punches when it comes to this stuff. (Pun intended.)

I hope the show keeps this up because it's been a while since I've gotten this excited over an animé, both for its suspense and humor. <3

P.S. I want that acoustic version of the ED.

Edit- Some speculation:

Perhaps Moral will taken on Art's appearance to deceive Nice. His Minimum might be that he can only copy dead people, which is why he couldn't steal the head until he killed the lab guy.

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 02-19-2014 at 01:16 PM.
Old 02-22-2014, 02:03 PM   #35
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Oh lawd, Episode 7

Our Father who'd Art to Heaven

Things are pretty predictable. I don't see what's the big deal with Kanba though. I also found it hilarious that "Nice Body-chan" got that nickname when she must have been a child. And all my predictions came true, except idolmasterbater-kun having a Minimum. Just call me Ms. Cleo from now on!
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 02-22-2014, 02:23 PM   #36
The Morg

Episode 7!

Aw, I was hoping to see Art reveal his minimum at some point.

Dopple told me he had a theory that Moral was disguising himself as the old man. Man, he predicts EVERYTHING!

Dopple also wondered if the pickup artist had a minimum to seduce girls. I can only imagine how that would go. "Hey, want to see my minimum? There's nothing mini about it, that's for sure!"

Old 02-25-2014, 07:54 PM   #37
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Episode 08:

THIS SHOW IS ALL OVER THE PLACE. AND IT IS AWESOME.

DAMNIT I KNEW IT ASSHAT WOULD DECEIVE NICE-KUN. AND ART IS DEFINITELY DEADED NOOO.

And after all that DRAMA now we're back to ridiculousness. I just... Don't even. Nothing can match the greatness of episode 05, but godamn if I wasn't grinning and giggling like an idiot.

BITTER MELONS ARE THE BEST WEAPON (AFTER GRANOLA BARS).

BIRTHDAY AND RATIO WHAT ARE YOU DOING.

ALSO AFTER ALL THE SEX NOW WE GET TO TALK ABOUT DRUGS YAY.

DID I SAY NO SEX? STRATEGIC FANSERVICE FTW. (WHO CARES ABOUT BOOBIES WHEN THERE ARE MORE SHIRTLESS DUDES.)

BIRTHDAY NO STAHP. YOU DON'T ELECTROCUTE PEOPLE IN THE WATER JUST TO WIN. AND KEEP YOUR DOG UNDER CONTROL.

On a serious side note, I like how Ratio withdrew because he was concerned about another kid's injury. That was nice.

ALL THAT RUNNING HAD NO POINT WHATSOVER.

(Although I think it'd be even funnier if Honey slapped the guy handing her a bitter melon. That scene looked so suggestive. =U)

The ending kinda confused/disappointed me a bit. So I guess the old detective guy is alive after all... Was wondering how Moral would get around explaining either his or Art's disappearance...

P.S. Naegi Theo you poor baby. *hugs him*

God I haven't had this much fun with an animé in forever. It's like FMP? Fumoffu!
Old 03-01-2014, 12:29 AM   #38
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

What's big, thick, bumpy and bitter tasting?

The answer might be too steamy for girls, so I've contained the sunshine in this here spoiler box!

Boiled asparagus.

I dunno what more to say about this episode. I think the nurse is hot, and she sounds cute. We're pretty much full on PSYCHO-PASS with Nice doing his Kougami impression, all that's lacking is the philosopher name drops.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて

Last edited by Doppleganger; 03-01-2014 at 06:34 AM.
Old 03-01-2014, 12:31 AM   #39
The Morg

Episode 8!

Oh boy, an obligatory beach episode! After that obligatory hot springs episode, I have high expectations!

That information broker is like those obligatory save point/healing characters in video games (e.g. Nurse Joy). He just happens to be in whatever town you're in!

TOPLESS GUYS EVERYWHERE... AGAIN! Only THIS time, they're whipping out long, hard objects and trying to beat them off!

(06:19:35) DCD: why's he crying
(06:20:03) Morg: because he's... MELONcholy

Oh the old man is still alive. I was just thinking whoever guessed the villain's power was to copy dead people had a great hunch!

Old 03-01-2014, 12:55 AM   #40
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Morg View Post
Episode 8!

Oh the old man is still alive. I was just thinking whoever guessed the villain's power was to copy dead people had a great hunch!
That was my idea.

Also I found this interesting image that may foreshadow something:

Old 03-07-2014, 02:42 PM   #41
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Episode 09:

I think the message of this show is that fans are crazy.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:02 PM   #42
kaisap112
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post
Episode 09:

I think the message of this show is that fans are crazy.
*cuddles Art and Moral plushies* Whatever do you mean? :3

Also, THAT ENGRISH IN THE EPISODE. THE ENGRIIIIIIIISH~!
Old 03-09-2014, 10:05 PM   #43
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Is that a new episode? Didn't we watch 9 already? ?_?
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 03-09-2014, 11:10 PM   #44
The Morg

Episode 9!

Things have to be tough for Moral. If you kill someone and assume their identity, you have to take their day job too. That poor guy, sitting in the office, making phone calls all day... how can he raise his zombie army like this?!

Also their description of internet advertising is exactly how it has worked in real life for years. No hackers needed! I'll bet there are patents too.

Next episode sounds like it might be about Hajime, the mysterious girl we never really see in the spotlight. I'd certainly like to see more of her!

Old 03-09-2014, 11:15 PM   #45
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Episode 9

Like I was telling Morg, it seems the definition of 'hacker' has evolved from where it was in the movie Hackers that's almost twenty year sold. Originally, it referred to people who were legitimate virtuoso at programming. Now, apparently indexing and personalized ads are the realm of Gods to we modern layfolk. It personally think someone is a l33t haxxor if they're browsing Facebook and bashing Candy Crush on their iPhone!

I think Honey's breasts are reflective of real-world inflation. Everything gets bigger and I'm not sure how her tiny frame can support something like that. I bet, though, that whatever baby is privileged enough to drink from them will be granted milk and honey.

Moral's female assistant is also smoking hot. Her design is dynamite and her sultry voice is like a auditory massage, gripping the listener in strange places. Oh my, not there!
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 03-12-2014, 02:37 PM   #46
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Episode 10:

This show. This show. I guess it is a lot like Psycho-Pass in some ways but... Not. And that's what makes all the despair-inducing moments more shocking. I swear if this traumatizes me for ice cubes... (It's not like an umbrella which I avoided before Another anyway, I actually love eating ice. ;-; Have one before I go to bed every night.)

...And somehow despite all the despair Hajime still makes me laugh. "I'm a cutlet!"

Not sure how to feel about Art being alive...?

P.S. Poor Theo. *pats*

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 03-12-2014 at 03:38 PM.
Old 03-12-2014, 03:22 PM   #47
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I don't find it despairing at all. If anything, it's an over-the-top comedy series.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 03-12-2014, 03:36 PM   #48
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
I don't find it despairing at all. If anything, it's an over-the-top comedy series.
I think that's the charm of it personally. Even despair can be made ridiculous, which is refreshing.

P.S. I see what you mean by the florist having a dynamite design and voice. Eau my~
Old 03-13-2014, 11:36 PM   #49
The Morg

Episode 10.

How do you get a titan back to its human form? Put it on a diet! No more eating humans for YOU! I'd have a taste of that cutlet, though...

And yes, this is pretty ridiculous. All these earth-shattering, despair-inducing events and the next day it's as if nothing happened. Just another day in Hamatora land!

This guy listens to Holst! He's a true bro. I wonder why bad guys always listen to eerie classical music though.

The Minimum Holders broke out of jail? Does this mean the situps guy is on the loose somewhere? Maybe he can help with these guys' exercise routine!

Old 03-14-2014, 12:04 AM   #50
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Episode 10

Yeah, this series cannot be taken seriously anymore. It's not quite on the level of blatant silliness that Valvrave: The Liberator had, but everything Moral does approaches that level of over-the-top stupidity.

Not to mention that super hot chick the super hacker's great computer programming skills translate to:

1. Being able to type like she's the fist of the north star
2. Revealing the IP addresses of anonymous posters on BBs

These are not hacker abilities. The first one is a super power, the second is JavaScript.

I still affirm, though, that that woman makes me question my sexuality. Never before have I been so attracted to my computer screen and headphones. I feel like I want to do strange things to them.

I bet the BD adds a panty shot to what's her face kicking Three's book away.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Anime