UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out

Old 05-29-2013, 03:13 AM   #201
kaisap112
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Morg looks like two entirely different people between Yuki's photos and yours.
Why didn't anyone tell me Morg looks like Wentworth Miller?
Old 05-29-2013, 01:05 PM   #202
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

'Bout time I post my own pictures, hmmm? Since I was the most "tourist" of the group, I have lots of them (too much even, I won't show ALL of them since they're either not very significant or repeats whatever that has been posted already) so here we go with the meetup, on my perspective! ^^

Thursday:

So things on my first day didn't go as expected, but in a lovely way: since I have arrived a lot earlier to the airport and the weather wasn't looking great in Montreal (the night before we had a lighting storm), the airline have switched me on an earlier flight. (On perspective, it was a really good thing - I only learned yesterday that my original flight got canceled o.o;;) Cuz of all that instead of Lilblue, Morg, Marion and her boyfriend to wait for me at Boston's airport, I was the one waiting for them! ^^; And when they greeted me, I saw this:

Spoiler: show

I dunno why Marion's boyfriend didn't want to get in the picture, he kept moving out of it ^^; I guess he wanted to let only those of FB get in it?

After that we did a quick stop to my hotel to temporarily flee from the kidnapping check in and drop off my luggage, which I took the opportunity to take a quick picture of the view from my room's window:

Pretty ^^

After that we went off to the Museum of Science! First thing we saw was this Rube Goldberg-ish machine that it's purpose was to spin a fan while a bunch of balls went through a complicated course and making music along the way:

It was neat, the kind of thing you'll stare at for hours, which we almost did X)

Then we checked out a section of the museum where there was a lots of birds:

Sorry Daisy, there was no live ones, only stuffed ^^;;

There was also this game where you had to walk through a corridor towards a bird without scaring it. It had two difficulties. Lilblue passed through hard mode like a boss/ninja, while me... seems like my game tester powers decided to activate even while I'm vacation and screwed over the game: the screens froze and couldn't detect me arriving at the end of the corridor ^^;; After that we watched a small presentation of "magic tricks" with science:

Didn't know beach balls had the ability "Levitate"!

Oh and we took another picture with the heat sensor camera, and saw more birds!

I'm the one with the extremely red forehead on the right. I was starting to be horribly tired from all that walking around x_x

I hope those little live chicks compensate/forgives the stuffed birdies earlier ^^;

Oh, and here's a view of PART of the museum:

This place is huge o.o I sure believe when Morg said it takes more than a day to visit the whole thing!

And then we went to the butterflies garden!

I'm used to bigger butterflies gardens, but they still had pretty fluttery folks ^^

And some froggies too :3

Then we went off shopping and sightseeing around town. We first checked out a imports store with lots of anime goodies and such :3

Kaisap, this is for you! :3

Marion accompanied with Bedivere and holding a book of poems about murders and such. Say it with me, all together now: Why are we not surprised? :P

And then we stopped off for a snack at a tea place where they had yummy bubble tea and mochi ice cream!

I never tried mochi before, and I must say that stuff is AWESOME.

Why in the world I haven't taste this before, and why don't I have seen those on my side of the border!? I MUST FIND SOME HERE AGH

After more shopping, the day was over and it was time to go back to sleep. It was about time because my feet were dead, and my right foot was hurting me so bad it poisoned most of the rest of the week, hurting the whole way through ;-; (which by the way guys, sorry for all the complaining about it.) To put it in perspective...

...This is how much I walked that day. 11092 STEPS.

So that'll be it for now, of course I'll post pics of the other days, but it takes long to resize all those pictures and everything ^^;;

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:23 PM   #203
DaisyInari
Sarasaland represent!

Send a message via MSN to DaisyInari
Altaria

>stuffed birds

It hurts me and yet I still squee because they're so cute :'D

Did you keep the welcome poster Okiku? I'd totally hang that in my room if I were you \o/

Hi, I'm Daisy!

W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
TP-131 SP- 64.5/96.5 (5SP to Deh, 5SP to FW, 5SP to Desert Spirit, 8.5SP to Fallen Icarus, 10SP to Kyro12, 8SP to Charminions, 10 to aposteriori)
SHUCKS I GOTTA FIX THIS SOMETIME
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Credits to Charm for making this!

Come, my birdies!!!! Mwahahahaha!!!!!!

Thanks Pingu for being so nice and making me this~

Credit to TheKnightsFury for the sprite!

Fear my abnormally large signature~

Be Positive Ref~ I <3 you, Lonely Cubone and those who eval'd me~
DaisyInari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:45 PM   #204
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkikuMew View Post
And then we stopped off for a snack at a tea place where they had yummy bubble tea and mochi ice cream!

I never tried mochi before, and I must say that stuff is AWESOME.

Why in the world I haven't taste this before, and why don't I have seen those on my side of the border!? I MUST FIND SOME HERE AGH
Strictly speaking, you could make your own mochi. But I imagine it'd be pretty difficult and/or exhausting:

sample 1
sample 2

Although apparently not if you use a machine?

sample 3

As for mochi ice cream, I dunno if it'd be worth your time and effort to try and make that from scratch, but who knows. *shrug* Maybe it's easy provided you already have the mochi. No clue.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:51 PM   #205
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyInari View Post
>stuffed birds

It hurts me and yet I still squee because they're so cute :'D

Did you keep the welcome poster Okiku? I'd totally hang that in my room if I were you \o/

Yes I have! :3 Maybe not hang it in my room, but I am definitely keeping it ^^ I have kept a lot of stuff actually, including some flyers of the places we went (I'm such a hoarder ^^;;;) Of course I also have some actual loot, which last night I took a nice pic of (almost) everything I bought ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Strictly speaking, you could make your own mochi. But I imagine it'd be pretty difficult and/or exhausting:

sample 1
sample 2

Although apparently not if you use a machine?

sample 3

As for mochi ice cream, I dunno if it'd be worth your time and effort to try and make that from scratch, but who knows. *shrug* Maybe it's easy provided you already have the mochi. No clue.
*shugs also* Well after a quick, good ol' Google search, there is one place near home (need to drive there though) that have mochi ice cream. I'll try maybe getting some tomorrow or somewhat soon :3

And on with the next day!

Friday:

I actually didn't take many pictures on that day (at least, none redundant with those already posted) so it'll be a bit on the short side ^^;

As Lilblue mentioned before, we were supposed to meet at a start of a panel (Japanese confectionery :3) but I mistakenly gave to her and Morg the time when the panel ended instead of started ^^;;; At least I realized my mistake halfway through the panel so I was able to enjoy the panel a bit and meet up with everyone ^^ Before the panel though and while I was unknowingly late, I was able to take a few pictures of cosplayers and did a tiny bit of shopping in the artists' room!

Evil Rao from Okami.

no need for introductions for those two guys :P

Honey from Ouran High School Host Club. My sister complained he got his hair all wrong, but she still squee'd all around X3

my first piece of loot, very appropriate for me if I do say so myself :3

As previously talked about that day we went to the Q&A of Greg Ayres and Nabeshin and we tried to get on the Pokémon panel but just when we were a few people away from entering, the panel was full and the security wouldn't let us in ;-; We also looked in the last minutes of the "Know Ur Meme" gameshow, and to end our day we checked out the panel "Totally Subversive Toons" that ended up with a video montage featuring the famous big speech in Charlie Chaplin's "The Great Dictator" and scenes from MLF: FiM. Don't ask X)

Again, more to come! ^^

Last edited by OkikuMew; 05-29-2013 at 04:00 PM.
Old 05-29-2013, 02:59 PM   #206
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
Man Morg looks like such a bro, in the best way.
Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:39 PM   #207
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
Man Morg looks like such a bro, in the best way.
He is an awesome bro ^^

Saturday:

Another low-pic day for me. Mostly because again we missed a LOT of the panels (well, gameshows) we wanted to go because it got filled up completely. So we just went off shopping in the Dealer's Room most of the day :3

That the view you get when you enter AB. THAT'S JUST THE FREAKIN ENTRANCE CORRIDOR.

Franziska Von Karma from Ace Attorney. Far from perfect, but seen worse

Downward view from the 3rd floor. To say they're using the whole convention center... x_x

That pic was just to tease the crap out of my sister, fan of all squee and doggie things X3 When she saw the pic she squealed for a full minute straight X)

Other than that, we also were able to sneak in the Zelda panel and got into the "Bad Anime Bad" panel, showing really, REALLY bad anime (too bad I don't remember the titles of said anime.) Oh, and we also hanged out in my room for awhile to read the Hyrule Historia and the two Ace Attorney mangas I brought with me :3

Last edited by OkikuMew; 05-29-2013 at 03:44 PM.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:38 PM   #208
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:

Honey from Ouran High School Host Club. My sister complained he got his hair all wrong, but she still squee'd all around X3
DON'T TOUCH ME!

There were quite a few Honey cosplayers that I saw... I think my final bunny total was over 50 or 60, including all the ones in the Dealer's Room. XP At some point I gave up keeping close track, especially considering I wasn't sure whether to count repeats. ^^;

It's too bad we didn't get to see the AMV Contest. Wonder if there were any more amusing ones this year. Guess we'll just have to wait and see if they get uploaded to YT...
lilboocorsola is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:36 PM   #209
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post

DON'T TOUCH ME!

There were quite a few Honey cosplayers that I saw... I think my final bunny total was over 50 or 60, including all the ones in the Dealer's Room. XP At some point I gave up keeping close track, especially considering I wasn't sure whether to count repeats. ^^;

It's too bad we didn't get to see the AMV Contest. Wonder if there were any more amusing ones this year. Guess we'll just have to wait and see if they get uploaded to YT...
I think I saw only two other Honey cosplays, but in my (albeit limited) opinion he pulled it off the best thanks to his small stature, natural hair color and natural adorableness. But yeah, there was certainly a lot of bunnies, probably since there was a lot of them for sale in the Dealer's room ^^; But what I saw the most though was Homestruck cosplayers. My GOD THERE'S TONS OF THEM ITS EPIDEMIC. It's worse than Naruto in Otakuthon...

Yeah, I think it's too bad too :/ the fact there was so many things at the same time going on (not to mention it was the perfect time for shopping) that the AMV Contest had to go :/ Maybe next year? ^^;

And oh hey, MOAR PICTURES! \o/ (I hope I don't bust out the Internet usage for this...)

Sunday:

Although a bit of a slow day AB-wise (as all cons goes on Sundays), but there's still quite a few pics since we got plenty of entertainment outside AB ^^

Speaking of AB, mostly all we did that day was last-minute MOAR SHOPPING, and as mentioned by Lilblue we checked out two gameshow panels, Anime Taboo and Name that Anime Tune (with in between 30 minutes of Omegle goodness).

Oh hey, found oh so famous Gym Leader Erika! ^^ With a cute Oddish umbrella :3 She looks very tired though, poor girl... :/

Ein plushies! 83 But if you see the price tag on one of them, there's worth 30$... No thank you.

The very last pic of the convention. What better than the entrance of it, right after leaving it for the last time? Oh, and a special appearance of an angel from Doctor Who! DON'T BLINK

After AB we all went to meet up with everyone at the Cheesecake Factory :3 OHMYGOD THE FOOD IS GOOD THERE. I feel ashamed that I couldn't eat the leftover Turtles cheesecake I took ;-;

The view we had from our table. When my mother saw it it confused the crap out of her: "...That round blue thing is the ceiling??? O.o" X)

Loki/Raptor Jesus, Marion and her boyfriend nicknamed Mankey King, waiting for out lunch to arrive!

And there's Lilblue and Morg/dosuser right beside me :P

After eating our yummy meal, we all went to the aquarium! First stop...

...Penguins! :3 Shame their bathtub wasn't filled with water, it would raise their cuteness stats by 50 if they were swimming in it...

Seals chillin' by their pool. That last one was a bit funny, it came out of the water then stood there in that exact position for at least 5 minutes straight! I guess that spot is good to dry off or something...

And now, TONS OF FISHIES!

Oh hey a... spotted Sharpedo?

And there's a Quilfish! MM would surely approve this one.

A WILD... Carracosta APPEARS??

BACK TO FISHIES!

Carvanha, eau my.

Welp, as annoying as wild Tentacool are at sea, seems the aquarium tried to do their part to lower their population by keeping tons of 'em...

Mantines! In that aquarium, you could actually reach down into the water and pet their backs while they swim by! :3 I did pet a few, they're all squishy and slimy and rubbery and... really, really strange ^^;

Oh and of course after the Aquarium we went bowling, but Lilblue and Loki covered that part up pretty well already ^^;

I'll be posting my last batch of pics tomorrow, related to my last (non travel-related and fun) day in Boston! And also the aftermath with all the goodies I bought/brought with me :3

Last edited by OkikuMew; 05-29-2013 at 10:48 PM.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:50 PM   #210
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
I think I saw only two other Honey cosplays, but in my (albeit limited) opinion he pulled it off the best thanks to his small stature, natural hair color and natural adorableness. But yeah, there was certainly a lot of bunnies, probably since there was a lot of them for sale in the Dealer's room ^^; But what I saw the most though was Homestruck cosplayers. My GOD THERE'S TONS OF THEM ITS EPIDEMIC. It's worse than Naruto in Otakuthon...

Yeah, I think it's too bad too :/ the fact there was so many things at the same time going on (not to mention it was the perfect time for shopping) that the AMV Contest had to go :/ Maybe next year? ^^;
He is a pretty cute kid. =3 There actually weren't as many Homestucks as last year, I think. I was more distracted by the SAO cosplays. SO MANY OF THEM.

Well, at least we got to see GARZEY'S WING. \o/ Perhaps next year he'll show the third episode?

Quote:

Mantines! In that aquarium, you could actually reach down into the water and pet their backs while they swim by! :3 I did pet a few, they're all squishy and slimy and rubbery and... really, really strange ^^;
I've felt Nyantines at SeaWorld before. I actually really like the texture. Same with snakes.
lilboocorsola is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:04 PM   #211
jolteonjak
Volcano Badge

Needs more turtle pictures!
jolteonjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:18 AM   #212
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
I care not for anime so I'm missing most of these references, but I'm glad to see you all had fun. I'd totally be down for an international version of this someday. We need to go to an aquarium again so I can bore you all.

Also seconding Morg's bro-ness.

Also also I'm not sure how to say that Marion looks hot without sounding creepy. Hmm.
DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:32 AM   #213
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

Posting to affirm my appreciation for Morg's t-shirt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
Because I look damn good in a dress.
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
SoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 01:14 PM   #214
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Quote:
He is a pretty cute kid. =3 There actually weren't as many Homestucks as last year, I think. I was more distracted by the SAO cosplays. SO MANY OF THEM.
There was less Homestrucks than last year? o.o I can't imagine how many more there was... as dor SAO, I'm not knowledgeable enough to identify those cosplaying from it so I had no idea ^^;

Quote:
Well, at least we got to see GARZEY'S WING. \o/ Perhaps next year he'll show the third episode?
Oooooh THAT'S the name of that show he showed us! :o Perfect, now I can show how awful it is to my sister XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
I care not for anime so I'm missing most of these references, but I'm glad to see you all had fun.
I'll say don't worry about not getting all the references, I have very limited knowledge of anime (which most of it comes from my sister who's really into it) and I still had tons of fun \o/

Wow, seems a lot of guys are wanting to start a bromance with Morg now! *shot* Well he did get experience from his stay in Sheraton... *shot repetitively for inside joke*

ANYways, here's my last pack of pics!

Monday:

With AB now truly gone, the whole day was all about sightseeing and do everything we could do in Boston while we can, since it was my last day before I need to go back home (although I was technically leaving only at 6pm I still needed to be at the airport 5-6 hours in advance and not to mention I had to pack everything up...) So our first plan was going to the Museum of Fine Arts!

First surprise of the day: ended up the entry price was free because of Memorial Day! \o/ I know about that holiday, but I didn't know it was that day! ^^; Not complaining though! As already said we checked out the temporary exhibit of samurai armors, but we also checked fairly quickly the permanent exhibits (mostly the asian one):

Long painting is long!

Love those stained glass *-*

GAH I'M BEING STALKED BY MORG WHILE I TAKE PICTURES OF VASES HELP MEH D:

Beautiful byobu ^^ I am definitely getting one (or at least an asian-style folding screen) for my future apartment *-*

And after we had enough (well, more that we wanted to do something else, that place's so huge you can also spend days just visiting that! ^^;) we went off to the duck tours!

Ohai guys! Loki this is my picture, not yours! XP

One of the duck boats passing by. Ours was green.

This was our conDUCKtor (yes, that is their official title) and guide... Dr. Quackenstein. His bio according to him and the tour's pamphlet: "Academic, scholar, historian, mad scientist. Professor Quackenstein serves as lead investigator at Boston Duck Tours laboratories, where he conducts important research in the fields of time travel, alchemy and discount brain surgery, when he's not out on the town giving tours.". He was pretty cool though, he was the kind of guy that's SO MUCH into his job/character you don't know if he's really crazy or not. At least he was very educational with his Boston facts and pretty entertaining! *to a kid holding the wheel while on the water* "You see those sail boats? If you hit them... each and every one of them... are worth... 250 points!"

Pretty church... but I completely forgot what church it is and how it was significant in history ^^;

The museum of science we went Thursday, from the water!

After all was said in done, unfortunately it was getting late and we had a hard time deciding what to do since all the other museums and such were closed, and movies these days are on the boring side ^^; So we simply took a walk around Boston Common and the Public Garden!

Lilblue already posted a pic like this, but I thought this one was awesome with the sunrays ^^

Pretty view of the park ^^ That's where we saw those ducks Lilblue took pictures of :P I took some too, but it would've been redundant.

When we started to be a bit hungry (just a tiny bit hungry for me, I wasn't that hungry that night ^^;) we went off to finish the day with a bang by eating at the Top of the Hub, the restaurant on the 52nd floor of the Prudential Tower ^^ You've seen the sights, now you'll see the food!

I had to photoshop the picture a bit since it was too dark, but at least you see well now ^^ I don't remember what Morg took (he's right across me), but if I recall correctly Lilblue (left) had some chicken, Loki (right) some steak and for me some crab cake. Yummy :3 We had dessert too (Lilblue and Morg shared a volcano cake with mango ice cream, Loki had some other chocolate cake while I had a caramel crčme brűlée) which was just as good, but I forgot to take a picture of those ^^;

And then the saddest part came around: leaving everyone behind. We had a group hug and of course made a promise to continue talking to each other in FB and perhaps doing an event like this again ^^ (not-so-fun fact: I actually cried when I turned my back and walked away.)

So there you have it! ...Or not quite actually, I still got one more picture to show! MY LOOT! :3 Took it the night when I got home~

A bit hard to tell what is what by just looking at it (maybe I should've added numbers to make it easier to identify?) but here's what all that loot on the picture are:
  • Espeon Plushie: It's Himiko! :3 That cute little smile, that elegant pose... it just screams Himiko ^^
  • Mew tail: I'll be able to cosplay a little bit for Otakuthon! ^^
  • AB Booklet
  • Mew hat: THIS THING IS ADORABLE I LOVE IT
  • Zelda Twilight Princess poster: Actually it was Morg who gave it to me o.o Thank you again man! ^^ I love the artist who made that poster too, very talented in the works he did on his still-running comics ^^
  • Nyan Cat print: GAH IT'S TOO ADORABLE :3 Got it for free because of a deal too! ^^
  • Art Museum pin
  • Okamiden t-shirt THE ADORABLENESS. AGAIN. I love the two Okami games, and felt ashamed that I didn't have any t-shirts about it... not anymore! :3
  • hand-painted asian necklace: From the Art Museum shop.
  • Bowling socks: Not much of an awesome souvenir, but I'll keep anything! XD
  • Duck Tours Pictures: Now that I think of it, I should've had it opened to see the pictures inside ^^; It was basically me, Lilblue, Morg and Loki holding a buoy behind the duck.
  • Pokémon cards: there was a vendor that was selling those (all holos) for a dollar each chard. Since holo cards get reach 2$ each... sounds like a bargain to me! :3
  • Hi-chews: had a bunch of those since at the confectionery panel they gave away some, and at the Dealer's Room Hi-Chews were there themselves, giving samples X)
  • Pins: Some of them (the bunny and monkey) were given to me just because the artist wanted to give me something for buying stuff for my sister ^^ The others I bought it at Level Up Studios. They'll be decorating my work card, along with all those I already have! X3
  • Ocarina: OMG THAT WAS THE BEST THING EVAR. I actually wanted this exact ocarina before (for reference see here) since I was disappointed with the one I already have (doesn't look much like the OoT one and only have 4 holes...) and felt sad that it costed so much + delivery... Until I discovered STL Ocarina had a booth in the Dealer's Room... and were selling the same kit for just 70$ :Q_____ NO REGRETS.
  • Art of War by Sun Tzu book: I heard a lot of good things about it before, especially from one of my bosses at work saying it was a great tool for getting team management skills (heck, it's a required read for all businessmen in Japan!) I haven't read a word of it yet, but I will eventually ^^
  • Mew Sprite magnet: More Mew adorableness :3
  • Duck Tour Magnet
  • Greeting sign
  • MOAR CANDIES
Actually, that's not everything that I bought/brought ^^; I kept more of the flyers/papers I collected along the way. I also bought for my sister two Full Metal Alchemist mystery mini figurines (she ended up with Ed and Al, so happy they were different~) a black cat tail, black cat ears and a cat bell necklace; and for my mother I got her a Mario Bros. Mushroom plushie X3 I wanted to get something for my dad but didn't find anything interesting, but he's happy with the Boston's public transportation map, him being an ex-bus driver and now a subway driver XD Oh and there's another t-shirt I bought (another Okami-themed) but they didn't have it in stock so I had to order it (I just hope they read my writing right so they get my address correctly... *crosses fingers*)

NOW there you have it! ^^ I hope everyone liked my pictures~! I had so much fun ^^ I really have to thank all of you guys who were there with me, you were a lot of help and made the whole thing 10x more awesome ^^ I really hope we can do something like this again next year! <3

Last edited by OkikuMew; 05-30-2013 at 01:19 PM.
Old 05-30-2013, 05:52 PM   #215
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

I was going to make another post, but lazy.

Just go look at the album here.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:39 PM   #216
The Morg
Trying to send Christmas cards

>Cool T-shirts

Escalion, this one is for you! Or anyone who likes caffeine, I guess. =3=

*munch munch* | FB Profile
The Morg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:02 PM   #217
Escalion
Getting married! :D

Send a message via Skype™ to Escalion
Quote:
Originally Posted by dosuser View Post
>Cool T-shirts

Escalion, this one is for you! Or anyone who likes caffeine, I guess. =3=
o_O How do you know I have a bottle of Red Bull in my hands right now while wearing a black version of a Red Bull T-Shirt o_O

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out