UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2018, 04:51 AM   #476
Meetan
Thunder Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskerade View Post
Meetan:

The guards look at you for a moment, before nodding simultaneously. Their expressions change from mocking to serious, and the one closer to you steps aside.

“Yeah, Marquis for now. Once we breach the Bastion we better get used to calling him Grand Duke.”

They open the gate, and you finally enter the Crimson Sanctum. You can feel their gazes locked on you as you pass them by, but fortunately neither tries anything funny. You find yourself in a massive hall, with a large stone pillars from ground to ceiling shaped like coiling Milotic. There are large open gates on each side wall, and a closed one in the wall directly in front of you. You reason you are now inside the wide circular fortress-like wall that surrounds the Cathedral, and that the doorways on both sides lead to corridors that run the full perimeter of the wall while the closed gate blocks the path to the former place of worship.

Obviously, you don’t know your way around. That is one of the many issues with this mission – you are impersonating a grunt who should, by all accounts, know the Crimson Sanctum like the back of her hand, but you have no clue where anything is and asking around would only make you look suspicious…

Suddenly, something bumps into your leg, but by the time you react, you only manage to catch a glimpse of a small Rattata fleeing quickly. However, as it brushed up against your leg, it seems to have dropped off something at your feet – kneeling down, you grab the small piece of paper and are astonished to find it contains a message directed specifically at you!

“Quartermaster is to the right, four doors down the corridor.”

You stare at the paper with conflicting feelings. On the one hand, it’s fortunate that you don’t have to ask for directions and risk blowing your cover; but on the other hand, the mere existence of this note might well imply your cover is already blown – why would someone be sending you tips unless they knew your true purpose for being here?

Whatever the reason, you now know where to go. Taking the corridor to the right, you keep going until you reach the intended door. Peering inside, you see a small room with a grumpy-looking man in his forties standing behind a tiny wooden counter, with a scar running across his face and over his right eye. Judging by the lack of space, you reckon this might’ve once been a monk’s bedroom, adapted to serve as the quartermaster’s shop.

“Whatcha lookin’ at grunt?” he barks from within, annoyed by your staring. “Ya know the drill, if ya want payment for a completed mission show me the proof!”
Alice gave the duo at the gate a lazy wave of the hand and a 'thank you' as she went over the threshold, stopping close to the entrance to take in the scenery. The Milotic statue was beautiful, and it was clear that the cathedral had once been impressive in a wholly different way. What the Shells were doing were far from good or in the spirit of religion, but then, one could debate that, too. Was this basically the crusades? Anyway--

She jumped, feeling something rustle at her ankle, Zoey stumbling a bit on her shoulder at the sudden jerk. The blonde peered down, blue eyes following the rush of a Rattata, who had left her a note. It was helpful, but from who? It was as much of a concern as anything else, but perhaps this meant that 'Molly' had an ally in this place. Scrunching the note up, Alice shoved it in her bag, making use of the direction they now had for the quartermaster.

Alice flinched. Stealth clearly wasn't a top point for her. She entered, albeit a bit awkwardly. "I know, but Rigel told me that you'd give me my reward when I got back, he didn't give me a receipt or anything." She said, "I took out the traitor about half an hour away from here, he and Anderson found me at the scene with the body. If that's not enough, I could go bother him, but I'm sure he's too busy to be worrying about grunts getting paid..." Alice hoped that might be enough to persuade the Quartermaster, their hint delivered politely and subtly, as if genuinely concerned about bothering their leader or systems not being followed. She needed to get this over with, there was a key to find and all that.
__________________
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 07:34 AM   #477
Maskerade
Cascade Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 462
Meetan:

The man's eyes narrow as you speak. Now that you're closer, you can take a better look at him: the quartermaster must be in his forties, but is completely bald; he wears a dirty white apron over his Shell uniform and an old blue bandana. Much like Sven larson he seems fond of smoking, judging by the intense scent of tobacco that lingers all around the small room.

He remains silent as you explain your situation and stress the importance of not bothering Rigel with trivial grunt matters. When you're done, he slowly removes his apron and walks over to the door, closing and locking it with all the calmness in the world. Then, he walks back to the counter and leans over, looking at you straight in the eye.

"I don't know how you got in here, but you're one stupid little girl if you think you're fooling anyone," he says, spewing each word with unnerving slowness. "Nobody, and I mean nobody addresses the Marquis by his first name inside the Sanctum, much less a filthy grunt. And nobody comes up to me demanding payment without proof of the kill."

He then smirks, retrieves a cigarette from beneath the counter and lights it up before continuing.

"I could sound the alarm right now and you'd be dead. But I ain't gonna do that," he says after a brief moment of pondering, "because you might be useful to me."

The quartermaster whistles and a Gengar materializes behind him.

"My insurance, just in case you try anything even more suicidal than blowing your cover like that. You say you offed the traitor? You probably didn't even know him," he declares with alarming accuracy, "but you did the Marquis a huge favor. For your sake though, I hope you didn't steal anything from the corpse. Because that old man ran away with something very important to our future Grand Duke..."

He pauses and scans you in search for the slightest giveaway on your part.

"Here's the deal, Marshal scum: I won't turn you in, but in return, you will find something for me. In the Marquis's chambers should be some sort of code; that code opens a secret room in the Cathedral where he keeps the secret weapon we will use to breach the Bastion of Vacuous Dreams. Only his closest Executives are privy to what that weapon is; you will find out and tell me, and then the Marquis will have no choice but to let me join the assault operation instead of forcing me to stay behind to run this ridiculous little shop."

He then falls silent, expecting an answer. What will it be?
__________________
Maskerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 09:47 AM   #478
Meetan
Thunder Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskerade View Post
Meetan:

The man's eyes narrow as you speak. Now that you're closer, you can take a better look at him: the quartermaster must be in his forties, but is completely bald; he wears a dirty white apron over his Shell uniform and an old blue bandana. Much like Sven larson he seems fond of smoking, judging by the intense scent of tobacco that lingers all around the small room.

He remains silent as you explain your situation and stress the importance of not bothering Rigel with trivial grunt matters. When you're done, he slowly removes his apron and walks over to the door, closing and locking it with all the calmness in the world. Then, he walks back to the counter and leans over, looking at you straight in the eye.

"I don't know how you got in here, but you're one stupid little girl if you think you're fooling anyone," he says, spewing each word with unnerving slowness. "Nobody, and I mean nobody addresses the Marquis by his first name inside the Sanctum, much less a filthy grunt. And nobody comes up to me demanding payment without proof of the kill."

He then smirks, retrieves a cigarette from beneath the counter and lights it up before continuing.

"I could sound the alarm right now and you'd be dead. But I ain't gonna do that," he says after a brief moment of pondering, "because you might be useful to me."

The quartermaster whistles and a Gengar materializes behind him.

"My insurance, just in case you try anything even more suicidal than blowing your cover like that. You say you offed the traitor? You probably didn't even know him," he declares with alarming accuracy, "but you did the Marquis a huge favor. For your sake though, I hope you didn't steal anything from the corpse. Because that old man ran away with something very important to our future Grand Duke..."

He pauses and scans you in search for the slightest giveaway on your part.

"Here's the deal, Marshal scum: I won't turn you in, but in return, you will find something for me. In the Marquis's chambers should be some sort of code; that code opens a secret room in the Cathedral where he keeps the secret weapon we will use to breach the Bastion of Vacuous Dreams. Only his closest Executives are privy to what that weapon is; you will find out and tell me, and then the Marquis will have no choice but to let me join the assault operation instead of forcing me to stay behind to run this ridiculous little shop."

He then falls silent, expecting an answer. What will it be?
When the quartermaster removed his apron and walked closer, Alice tensed up. It was like she had already realised she had fucked up, between the ominous silence of the gross room and the way he had looked at her. Alice was right, and her mind reeled with escape plans. Axel the Abra was in her roster for a reason, but also... Hermes. That Pokemon would gladly swallow the souls of everyone in this Sanctum, whether she demanded it of him or not. He was a last measure for a sinister situation, knowing that this mission could grow deadly. Alice didn't want it to be deadly for her, if it had to be for anyone.

"I'm dead whatever I do, then. Won't he wonder how you found out if you confront him?" Alice reasoned, "But fine. I want to know, too. But you'll need to tell me where his room is, because I don't know where anything is in this place." She continued, glancing between him and the Gengar, "And I assume it's guarded? Do you know a good way to get in? Since this is benefiting both of us."

For now, anyway. It felt like the Quartermaster was just stalling the inevitable, trying to get what he wanted so that he could turn her in anyway. "But don't people go into that Bastion and never come out again? Why would you willingly risk that when you could potentially find out what's in there without losing your life?" Alice added, "Just wondering."
__________________
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 10:21 AM   #479
Maskerade
Cascade Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 462
Meetan:

The quartermaster’s grin widens once you accept his proposal.

“We’re not saints here. The Marquis may be a brilliant man, but he’s still a man. He expects us to have the balls to fight for a position, so I’m not too worried about confronting him. You should be, though,” he adds with a dry chuckle. “As for the Bastion, that’s a problem for the Marshals that sent you to piece together; have fun with that.”

He makes it clear he isn’t here to help you. Your agreement only goes as far as you not being caught, and him being promoted; other than that, you’re still a Marshal and he’s still a Shell.

“Listen up kiddie. I send the Marquis 80% of whatever the grunts pillage and bring to me in return for payment – the “proof” I told you about, anything they retrieve from their missions that we can use. So you take that box over there and deliver it to the Marquis’s room – tell them you came from me and I’ll vouch for you.” He points with his head to a rather large, heavy-looking cardboard box leaning against a nearby wall. “You’ll find a flight of stairs next to this room; go to the upper floor; it’ll be the third door to your right.”

He walks toward the door again, unlocks it and opens it. Then, bowing sarcastically as if you were royalty, he motions for you to leave.

“Not to pressure you or anything, but that delivery is already fifteen minutes late. Better get going if I were you,” he adds with satisfaction in his voice.

Are you on-board with this plan? What will you do now?
__________________
Maskerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 10:56 AM   #480
Meetan
Thunder Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskerade View Post
Meetan:

The quartermaster’s grin widens once you accept his proposal.

“We’re not saints here. The Marquis may be a brilliant man, but he’s still a man. He expects us to have the balls to fight for a position, so I’m not too worried about confronting him. You should be, though,” he adds with a dry chuckle. “As for the Bastion, that’s a problem for the Marshals that sent you to piece together; have fun with that.”

He makes it clear he isn’t here to help you. Your agreement only goes as far as you not being caught, and him being promoted; other than that, you’re still a Marshal and he’s still a Shell.

“Listen up kiddie. I send the Marquis 80% of whatever the grunts pillage and bring to me in return for payment – the “proof” I told you about, anything they retrieve from their missions that we can use. So you take that box over there and deliver it to the Marquis’s room – tell them you came from me and I’ll vouch for you.” He points with his head to a rather large, heavy-looking cardboard box leaning against a nearby wall. “You’ll find a flight of stairs next to this room; go to the upper floor; it’ll be the third door to your right.”

He walks toward the door again, unlocks it and opens it. Then, bowing sarcastically as if you were royalty, he motions for you to leave.

“Not to pressure you or anything, but that delivery is already fifteen minutes late. Better get going if I were you,” he adds with satisfaction in his voice.

Are you on-board with this plan? What will you do now?
All of that made sense. Really, the fact that Alice had been sent on this mission without any kind of briefing made her wonder if the Marshalls were already corrupted, sending Mareep to the slaughter like this. Maybe she'd find out if she lived. That aside, the box that the quartermaster had assigned her looked heavy - far too heavy for her. Axel was too pink and distinct to bring out here in public while undercover, but... Well, she could only think of one other who could easily navigate this haul upstairs.

From a Love Ball came a rare release: a sword like ghost with a bright pink strip of fabric that fluttered from the hilt. It soon faded, though, the colour shifting into blue - a ghostly illusion, of course. "Hermes, help me take these upstairs, please." She said. It seemed to fade into the floor before rising up from beneath, the box balancing mysteriously on the long blade. Pokemon were weird, man.

"Yeah, we'll be quick." Alice replied, but she didn't sound optimistic as she headed out, ushering Hermes to join her up the stairs. Cathedrals. Why couldn't they have lifts?
"I'm surprised you let me out here... For a menial task?" The sword's thoughts echoed in her brain. Alice cringed at the sound.
"Axel's too obviously mine. And anyway, this is about to get really messy." Alice answered him.
"I see. And you would like to ensure you're protected, princess, of course." The Pokemon mused, a sinister undertone to its assumption. "Don't worry, I can see to that."
"I'm sure you can..."

Stopping shortly before the very top, Alice took the heavy weight from Hermes, struggling. Yikes. Hermes faded, invisible at her side, and the trainer proceeded to the door as directed. If there were guards, obviously she would announce her delivery with an apology, but if not she would knock and do the same before hopefully being allowed in.
__________________
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 03:59 PM   #481
Raves
Brains over Brawn.
 
Raves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Posts: 1,619
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Nothing witty here this time, just lots of waiting.

The Ribcage Mall.

Lil'twick
: It was clear as day that playing dirty was the one path to success as Wisp materialises by your side, the Shell scoffing at the Litwick's appearance "You're seriously thinking that'll work? Throw all you want, you've lost," he snarks before pointing forward, but before he could make a command to his Palossand, the candle's soul fire flares up, thick smoke billowing out as a haze fills the warehouse. As the spectral smoke wafts through the heavily reinforced ground pokemon, the water compacted within seems to evaporate, undoing all of the buffs Yuke involuntarily gave it while you release your Gengar amidst the shadows.

"The hell - cough - is this? Crush it!" The man barks out to his pokemon as he coughs as the haze starts to fade, you call to Yuke as Marie sinks into the sands, the shadowy pokemon very swiftly rushing through the cloak of mist through the Palossand, which audibly moans at the sensation of the sneaky strike through and as she reappears before the Shell, her eyes begin to glow. Shifting around, shadowy energy begins to develop within the phantom's maw, only for the Spheal to push through the pain and blast it in the back with yet another water gun, which causes the attack to backfire as it gasps and ends up swallowing the shadow ball it was preparing to launch at the Gengar.

Taken by surprise, the Shell is caught in the midst of her own hypnotic spell and slowly slumps to the floor as the billowing sandstorm around you begins to dissipate, to your personal relief. With attention grabbed once more, the Palossand shrieks before lunging at the Spheal, maw open wide in an attempt to replicate the grim dex entry of the species and swallow the injured Spheal whole. Yuke is having none of this, inhaling and with a cry calls upon every ounce of his power to unleash another frigid burst of snow...only this time there is no snow. With the sandstorm gone, you finally get a proper glimpse of the contents of the destroyed crate and find a number of shattered discs, yet one of said discs appears to be a pale blue.

From the Spheal, a glow of icy energy coalesces, and as the castle approaches the Spheal lets loose a much more effective beam of frost into the Palossand, arcing upwards and deep freezing the sand within, the beast wailing as it becomes sluggish, stopping in its tracks and flailing around, right until the ray stops. Taken by surprise, the Palossand is left stunned as Marie takes your next order into account, seizing the Shell's head in her hands and forcing them to suffer as she has, the man crying out as the nightmare only just begins. With its master in the midst of danger, the Palossand turns to Marie once more, and gives a hateful growl as sand seeps off it in volume, dark wisps of cursed energy flowing into the Gengar as the sand castle pokemon goes all out in making sure that Marie suffers for what she's doing. As the curse begins to take effect, you notice that the pokemon is as injured as it was before, but is still of great threat. Aimee lies on the ground, too terrified to get up, and as the sand castle waves its arms up and down, you can feel small tremors beneath you, and given the nature of the relatively flimsy warehouse it's clear that the pokemon intends to bury you all alive...

Yuke has learned the TM Ice Beam!


Crystal Grove.

Missingno. Master
: With a heartfelt capture behind you, and a destructive adversary before you, you place faith in Gemini and Mustard again to wage battle with the giant Claydol once more, this time with no retreat. Hawkeye stands beside the Weezing as Donovan nods. "Hold on one sec..." he hisses as he produces a super potion and sprays the poison pokemon with it, most of the injuries from the Black Scarab fading and leaving the pair more than ready to fight. "We got your back, Keith..."

With a hum, the crystals on the Claydol once again take on a glow, this time more of a pink hue, a cotton candy sort of hue, to which the Decidueye responds by flapping broad wings numerous times, creating a tailwind behind the Weezing and himself that lightens their bodies and allows their movements to be swift. A welcome response as far as Gemini and Mustard are concerned, giving their toxic projectile much more velocity as it slaps the Claydol right in the eye and seeps in. The giant gives a frustrated hum, when something unusual happens.

As the poison hits, some of the gems studded within the body lose their glow, and instead of a terrifying Z-Move, the Claydol instead releases a dazzling gleam of fey light that the poison pokemon shrugs off, while Hawkeye is forced to close his, well, hawk eyes, more vulnerable. "What the..." the bird's trainer mutters.

"It s-stopped the move?" Amanda replies rhetorically, the woman's hand to chin. "That would have been a fairy Z-move, but..." she muses, going into deeper thought. Frustrated at the noxious stunt, the Claydol is clean open to the much faster pokemon's follow up as Mustard spits a shadow ball at the psychic pokemon, smacking it clean in the chest. This time, the Claydol definitely feels that blow, knocked back a couple of feet as it goes from hateful to outright vengeful. "Hawkeye, aim steady..." the order is called as the grass pokemon shakes his head and begins to focus intensely, as though trying to keep a laser sight upon the Claydol as it glows a familiar green, an impeding bloom doom. With the wind behind them though, your starter(s) are ready to continue the assault as a blizzard erupts from their pores and the frosty blast chills the Claydol to the core.

Once again, the glow on some of the gems dissipates and the Z-Move is interrupted, and instead the Claydol's many eyes glow before its arms release a pair of brutal beams of solar energy all around it in a destructive arc, searing buildings and the ground, as the Marshals continue the evacuation now there's more of an opening. Gemini and Mustard once more withstand the assault while Hawkeye deftly leaps over the ray, nocks an arrow and lets it loose. The arrow flits around the colossus, spiritual energy shackling the doll before suddenly arcing into the back, striking into a cluster of crystals and exploding, critically knocking the pokemon to the ground as it gives a menacing hum. It is then you notice the cracks in the body and an absence of crystals.

"I think I have an idea!" Amanda calls suddenly, taking you and Donovan in mild surprise (and Meowth in much more surprise given the height the feline leaps) "I-it's a hunch, but if those Z-moves are interrupted by a super effective move..."

"...then that reduces the move to a normal one, and leaves it open..."

"...and those crystals can b-b-be broken...so they're not real."

Donovan blinks a couple of times in disbelief, before adjusting his hat. "Then some - ah! - something or someone made it like that...those stones have to go. Keith, you need to keep it shut down offensively, Hawkeye can snipe those stones." The plan is posited as the gems begin to glow pure white, another Z-move incoming...
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 08:09 PM   #482
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 4,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
Crystal Grove.

Missingno. Master
: With a heartfelt capture behind you, and a destructive adversary before you, you place faith in Gemini and Mustard again to wage battle with the giant Claydol once more, this time with no retreat. Hawkeye stands beside the Weezing as Donovan nods. "Hold on one sec..." he hisses as he produces a super potion and sprays the poison pokemon with it, most of the injuries from the Black Scarab fading and leaving the pair more than ready to fight. "We got your back, Keith..."

With a hum, the crystals on the Claydol once again take on a glow, this time more of a pink hue, a cotton candy sort of hue, to which the Decidueye responds by flapping broad wings numerous times, creating a tailwind behind the Weezing and himself that lightens their bodies and allows their movements to be swift. A welcome response as far as Gemini and Mustard are concerned, giving their toxic projectile much more velocity as it slaps the Claydol right in the eye and seeps in. The giant gives a frustrated hum, when something unusual happens.

As the poison hits, some of the gems studded within the body lose their glow, and instead of a terrifying Z-Move, the Claydol instead releases a dazzling gleam of fey light that the poison pokemon shrugs off, while Hawkeye is forced to close his, well, hawk eyes, more vulnerable. "What the..." the bird's trainer mutters.

"It s-stopped the move?" Amanda replies rhetorically, the woman's hand to chin. "That would have been a fairy Z-move, but..." she muses, going into deeper thought. Frustrated at the noxious stunt, the Claydol is clean open to the much faster pokemon's follow up as Mustard spits a shadow ball at the psychic pokemon, smacking it clean in the chest. This time, the Claydol definitely feels that blow, knocked back a couple of feet as it goes from hateful to outright vengeful. "Hawkeye, aim steady..." the order is called as the grass pokemon shakes his head and begins to focus intensely, as though trying to keep a laser sight upon the Claydol as it glows a familiar green, an impeding bloom doom. With the wind behind them though, your starter(s) are ready to continue the assault as a blizzard erupts from their pores and the frosty blast chills the Claydol to the core.

Once again, the glow on some of the gems dissipates and the Z-Move is interrupted, and instead the Claydol's many eyes glow before its arms release a pair of brutal beams of solar energy all around it in a destructive arc, searing buildings and the ground, as the Marshals continue the evacuation now there's more of an opening. Gemini and Mustard once more withstand the assault while Hawkeye deftly leaps over the ray, nocks an arrow and lets it loose. The arrow flits around the colossus, spiritual energy shackling the doll before suddenly arcing into the back, striking into a cluster of crystals and exploding, critically knocking the pokemon to the ground as it gives a menacing hum. It is then you notice the cracks in the body and an absence of crystals.

"I think I have an idea!" Amanda calls suddenly, taking you and Donovan in mild surprise (and Meowth in much more surprise given the height the feline leaps) "I-it's a hunch, but if those Z-moves are interrupted by a super effective move..."

"...then that reduces the move to a normal one, and leaves it open..."

"...and those crystals can b-b-be broken...so they're not real."

Donovan blinks a couple of times in disbelief, before adjusting his hat. "Then some - ah! - something or someone made it like that...those stones have to go. Keith, you need to keep it shut down offensively, Hawkeye can snipe those stones." The plan is posited as the gems begin to glow pure white, another Z-move incoming...
Before the battle got underway, Donovan made a much-appreciated contribution by spraying Gemini and Mustard with a Super Potion, helping to heal up most of what the Black Scarab did to it. "Thanks," Keith grinned appreciatively, just before the battle got underway. Claydol was preparing another Z-Move, and judging by the color of the glow, it seemed to be a Fairy-type move. Keith gritted his teeth, prepared for the worst...

...only for Gemini and Mustard to get hit by a relatively piddly Dazzling Gleam. The Weezing shrugged off the resisted hit with ease, both heads exchanging looks of surprise- hadn't Keith just said that all this thing used was Z-Moves?

Keith was similarly surprised by this, and judging by their words, so were Donovan and Amanda. But the Weezing didn't allow this to screw with the battle plan, and so they fired off a Shadow Ball that seemed to further infuriate the Ground/Psychic-type. This was followed up by a Blizzard that interrupted the impending Bloom Doom, causing Claydol to instead unleash a still-destructive Solar Beam. Moreover, Hawkeye was able to pull off a perfect Spirit Shackle, which landed as a critical hit thanks to Laser Focus, and seemed to destroy some of the crystals in the Claydol's body. "What the..." Keith murmured.

Amanda then startled them all (Meowth in particular), stating that she had a theory about this Claydol, and Donovan seemed to be following along with it pretty well- the Z-Crystals on Claydol's body, while obviously sufficient to get the job done, were still not the real deal. They could be shattered. And the Z-Moves could be interrupted with moves that had the type advantage over the intended Z-Move, causing Claydol to instead use the base move. And it didn't even need to be an attacking move- Toxic was sufficient to downgrade Twinkle Tackle to Dazzling Gleam, while of course Blizzard knocked Bloom Doom down a peg or two, down to the base move of Solar Beam.

Keith grinned as Donovan requested that he keep Claydol shut down on the offensive side of things. "Can do," he replied, adjusting the brim of his Mega Hat. He turned back to Claydol, and saw another glow. Another Z-Move incoming. And the glow was pure white... the Normal-type Z-Move? Keith gritted his teeth- Normal only had one weakness, and Gemini and Mustard didn't know any Fighting attacks!

"Gar!" exclaimed Ariana. Keith blinked, grinning at his Garbodor whose sharp cry had caught his attention. "Garbodor gar!" she said with a confident grin.

Keith grinned back. "Go for it, then, Ariana," he said. "Stop that Z-Move with your Drain Punch, then follow up with back-to-back Bullet Seeds!" Fighting beats Normal, so the Drain Punch was sure to stop the Z-Move. It might not stop the base move, but with any luck, those Bullet Seeds might just afford Hawkeye even more opportunities to strike down those fake Z-Crystals.
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 10:00 PM   #483
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,256
King Ghidorah- Dashing to the aid of both the old man and the Salandit, you quickly release two Pokemon to help you diffuse the situation. The first is an Onix, the towering rock snake would be well suited to the environment and held a distinct type advantage over the Fire and Poison typed Salandit. The second was a Ponyta, who would have no issue dealing with the fire spewed by the reptiles, but that wasn’t her true purpose. You were well informed when it came to Salandits, having read about them and their behaviour. The males were more common than the females, who made use of their pheromones to control the males. If you could isolate a female from the pack, then perhaps you could end this conflict quickly.

Your Ponyta is quick to follow orders, putting on a captivating display to draw the attention of all the Male Salandits present. What you didn’t expect however, is all the Salandit to be drawn to the beautiful spectacle. They all stop what they’re doing and rush towards your flaming pony, pushing each other out of the way as they try to get to her first. Onix looks at you with concern, unsure of what to do now that your plan has fallen through. She smacks the Salandits away as they try to get at Ponyta, poison drooling out of their mouths as they continue with desperation. After a few hits, three of the Salandit seem to snap out of their captivation and rush back towards the wheelbarrow full of ore.

The old man tries to get in their way, but the Salandit seem more urgent now and dart swiftly past him. It’s a team effort but the three reptilian robbers take off with the wheelbarrow, hastily pushing it further into the mine. “Arceus darn it!” Shouts the old timer as Onix continues to swat away at the remain four Male Salandit, you would have to deal with them before pursuing the others.


Maskerade- Your full of terrible puns as you entire the Bastion. Your Pokemon follow reluctantly, more afraid of suffering through your terrible sense of humour than the possibility of falling victim to the mysterious entity that now resided within these halls. Having been looking for the Marshal HQ, you were almost certain this wasn’t it, but looks could be deceiving. For all you knew they had picked this place for the precise reason that no one would suspect it to be their base.

As soon as you get inside however, its clear that you aren’t in the right place. There was no sign that the Marshals had been here, for a matter of fact, it was clear that no one had been here in quite some time. The lobby was in complete tatters. Paint was peeling off the walls and there was a musky, mouldy smell in the air. Almost all the furniture was torn or broken, and paper littered the floor. You make a quick sweep of the adjacent rooms, only to find them all as deserted as the main lobby. You come to the final room on the first floor. Its only a small room, likely someone’s old office. The only interesting feature of the room is a large painting in an ornate wooden frame. A gold plaque on the bottom of the frame reads “Celebi’s Gift”. The painting itself seems to have been slashed from the top right corner to the bottom left. From what you can see the painting is quite beautiful or at least it used to be. As you draw closer, you notice the cut edges begin to glow faintly, as if they wish to be reunited. You feel a compelling force to put the painting back together, but was it wise to meddle with something so strange?
__________________

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 08:50 AM   #484
Maskerade
Cascade Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 462
Meetan:

Hermes is obviously conflicted by the given task. His loyalty notwithstanding, carrying a cardboard box is still a very un-epic thing to ask of a living sword. Still, he ultimately agrees to it, and off you go up the stairs and towards Rigel’s quarters.

The upper floor looks exactly the same as the one below, long and lifeless stone walls, cold and unadorned, punctuated by wooden doors marking the entrance to each of the small rooms that used to serve as monk residences. As you follow the quartermaster’s instructions, you’re surprised to find they lead you to one of these unremarkable doors, guarded by two Shell soldiers. You might have expected Rigel to have chosen more sumptuous lodgings, but it seems he has settled for one of the smaller quarters, making no distinction between himself and the other Shells. That might, in a way, be revealing of the Marquis’s character…

Clumsily making your way towards the room with the heavy box in your hands, you approach the two guardsmen with as much confidence as you can pretend to have. You’ve already blown your cover once, best not try your luck a second time…

“Where do you think you’re going, grunt?” The question was delivered in a mocking tone, the guard clearly amused at the sight of a young girl carrying way too much weight to look respectable.

“If you’re here to see the Marquis, he’s away at the moment,” says the second man, visibly not as amused. “If that’s a delivery for him, I’m gonna need to see an ID first. You know, the standard procedure.”




Naruxami:

The device, despite probably not having been used in years, fortunately still seems to work. It rolls gently across the dry ground and touches the unconscious Pidgey on the wing, before snapping open and pulling the critter in.

Without so much as a sign of struggle, the center light blinks once… twice…. thrice, and the PokéBall locks shut!
*Congratulations! You’ve captured a Level 14 Male Pidgey! It knows the Egg Moves Steel Wing and Defog!*

As expected, the capture is easy given the bird’s condition. But in this particular case, that is definitely not a good sign: the less it fights back, the weaker it is, and that means the bird is in dire need of medical attention!

Fortunately, amidst the desolate buildings, locating the Pokemon Center doesn’t take long at all – it sticks out like a sore red thumb in the gray and brown landscape, which in hindsight might not be a spectacular idea. But when you arrive, you realize this is problem the least typical Pokemon Center you’ve ever seen: as you walk inside, you find dozens of stretchers leaning against the walls, nurses tending to injured humans, and not a single Pokemon in sight. This is more a full-blown hospital than a Center, you quickly understand, and it makes sense considering what the boy told you earlier: “nobody in Shanty Heights keeps Pokemon anymore”. Still, with nowhere else to go, you approach the counter with Pidgey’s PokeBall in hand.

“Yes?”

The lukewarm reception comes from the strangest Joy you’ve ever seen: a broad-shouldered man in his fifties with a grizzly beard, a pink shirt and a white apron to symbolize his profession.

“You don’t look hurt,” he declared in a deep, coarse voice. “If you’re here as a volunteer, look around and you’ll find plenty to do. If you’re here as a beggar, we have nothing.”





TheKnightsFury:

Despite the lockdown in place, you can’t exactly say the Marshals seem all that concerned. In fact, they seem bored out of their minds more than anything. And that being the case, they probably wouldn’t really mind if a single citizen slipped under their radar.

Blinky seems to enjoy your plan and the chance to let loose a bit. Once the officer turns his back to join the other Marshals, the Chinchou charges his antennae and unleashes a powerful burst of electricity; this time around, to make things even better, he doesn’t have to be too concerned with accuracy, and the electrical orb flies through the air before crashing into the side of the mountain ahead, creating a large explosion that causes the entire platoon to turn to the source of the noise, alarmed.

As the opportunity presents itself, the knightly Sigurd’s eyes glow blue and, in a split second, the entire scenario around you shifts. Sure enough, you are now inside the mining area: the walls up ahead have been mined dry, leaving behind nothing but boring, worthless rock, but the mine extends into the mountain’s center as if a massive Steelix had pierced through it. And, obviously, that’s where you want to go!

You enter the maze if tunnels with Blinky and Sigurd rignt behind, but as soon as you step inside, something feels… wrong. Nothing overwhelming, but for some reason, you begin to feel ever-so-slightly nauseous. Your partners seem to feel it too, but it’s nothing that will prevent you from going in deeper if you want.

The bigger problem, however, is the lack of light up ahead. The mine extends into the mountain, but downwards into the depths of the earth, and that means visibility will be minimal, if non-existent, very very soon.

What’s your plan?
__________________
Maskerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 09:54 AM   #485
King Ghidorah
Pokemon Trainer
 
King Ghidorah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
King Ghidorah- Dashing to the aid of both the old man and the Salandit, you quickly release two Pokemon to help you diffuse the situation. The first is an Onix, the towering rock snake would be well suited to the environment and held a distinct type advantage over the Fire and Poison typed Salandit. The second was a Ponyta, who would have no issue dealing with the fire spewed by the reptiles, but that wasn’t her true purpose. You were well informed when it came to Salandits, having read about them and their behaviour. The males were more common than the females, who made use of their pheromones to control the males. If you could isolate a female from the pack, then perhaps you could end this conflict quickly.

Your Ponyta is quick to follow orders, putting on a captivating display to draw the attention of all the Male Salandits present. What you didn’t expect however, is all the Salandit to be drawn to the beautiful spectacle. They all stop what they’re doing and rush towards your flaming pony, pushing each other out of the way as they try to get to her first. Onix looks at you with concern, unsure of what to do now that your plan has fallen through. She smacks the Salandits away as they try to get at Ponyta, poison drooling out of their mouths as they continue with desperation. After a few hits, three of the Salandit seem to snap out of their captivation and rush back towards the wheelbarrow full of ore.

The old man tries to get in their way, but the Salandit seem more urgent now and dart swiftly past him. It’s a team effort but the three reptilian robbers take off with the wheelbarrow, hastily pushing it further into the mine. “Arceus darn it!” Shouts the old timer as Onix continues to swat away at the remain four Male Salandit, you would have to deal with them before pursuing the others.

Well, that backfired.

Not only had Hugo let some of the Salandit get away with the wheelbarrow, but now he made his Ponyta that target of their acid-spewing affection. The wheelbarrow would have to wait until he dealt with the task at hand.

It was 4-on-2 in favor of the Salandit, but between Onix strength and Ponyta’s speed, Hugo was confident that he could take them out, though it may not be as easy as he thought. Ponyta stood behind Onix, a little spooked as you might expect given the onslaught of fire lizards clamoring for her. Onix roared mightily into the air, both out of frustration and as a challenge to the Salandit, telling them to bring it on.

Hugo whispered to Ponyta’s ear to soothe her, and jumped on her back, avoiding being scorched by the flames due to the mutual trust between trainer and Pokemon. If these Salandit were going to try and get to Ponyta, they were going to have to get through him first. And besides, he had a plan.
In a brief respite between charges from the Salandit, Onix leaned down so Hugo could elaborate.

“Alright, here’s what we’re going to do. Ponyta and I are going to lead them on a little chase. I want you to do a full sprint around Onix. Get them to follow you. Onix, once we get past your tail, I want you to slam them with another Smack Down. Think of your tail as a giant, stony baseball bat. Then once you have them stunned, I want you to squeeze them into submission with Bind!”

Onix growled in agreement, and Hugo tapped his heels into Ponyta’s haunches, signaling her to start her mad dash. As they took off, Hugo saw the man with the pickaxe nearby.

“HEY BUDDY! WE’LL GET YOUR WHEELBARROW BACK, BUT HOW ABOUT A LITTLE HELP?!”
__________________
King Ghidorah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 07:26 PM   #486
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskerade View Post
TheKnightsFury:

Despite the lockdown in place, you can’t exactly say the Marshals seem all that concerned. In fact, they seem bored out of their minds more than anything. And that being the case, they probably wouldn’t really mind if a single citizen slipped under their radar.

Blinky seems to enjoy your plan and the chance to let loose a bit. Once the officer turns his back to join the other Marshals, the Chinchou charges his antennae and unleashes a powerful burst of electricity; this time around, to make things even better, he doesn’t have to be too concerned with accuracy, and the electrical orb flies through the air before crashing into the side of the mountain ahead, creating a large explosion that causes the entire platoon to turn to the source of the noise, alarmed.

As the opportunity presents itself, the knightly Sigurd’s eyes glow blue and, in a split second, the entire scenario around you shifts. Sure enough, you are now inside the mining area: the walls up ahead have been mined dry, leaving behind nothing but boring, worthless rock, but the mine extends into the mountain’s center as if a massive Steelix had pierced through it. And, obviously, that’s where you want to go!

You enter the maze if tunnels with Blinky and Sigurd rignt behind, but as soon as you step inside, something feels… wrong. Nothing overwhelming, but for some reason, you begin to feel ever-so-slightly nauseous. Your partners seem to feel it too, but it’s nothing that will prevent you from going in deeper if you want.

The bigger problem, however, is the lack of light up ahead. The mine extends into the mountain, but downwards into the depths of the earth, and that means visibility will be minimal, if non-existent, very very soon.

What’s your plan?
The distraction had worked a treat and the team of four now found themselves inside the mine. A nauseous feeling immediately hits them all, perhaps the Marshals weren't kidding about the radioactivity after all? There was always the possibility that it was just a side effect of the teleportation, but Jayson was sure there was more to it than that. They had to get a move on before the Marshals decided to check inside, they likely wouldn't appreciate being tricked. The issue was that the tunnel was getting really dark, even the light emitted by Blinky's antenna weren't enough to illuminate their surroundings.

Jayson pondered for a moment, before coming up with a plan that might just work. "Iron Maiden and Blinky, just relax for a moment while Sigurd gives us a little more light to work with. Sigurd I want you to form some Will-O-Wisps and control them with Psychic to illuminate the path ahead of us." Jayson had seen a similar technique of Will-O-Wisp manipulation used by a Gym Leader in the Sinnoh region. He figured if Blinky could light up the area close to them, and Sigurd could light up the path ahead, visibility wouldn't be an issue.

"I'm not sure about this Jayson", Sigurd was showing concern. Jayson trusted the Gallade's gut, but they'd already gone to the effort of getting in here, they might as well have a look around.

"It's okay Sigurd, we'll search a little further and if things get worse you can always Teleport us back out." Jayson reassured the Psychic type, hoping that he wasn't putting his Pokemon at too great a risk.
__________________

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 03:46 PM   #487
Maskerade
Cascade Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 462
TheKnightsFury:

The journey into the mine is made somewhat easier by your Pokemon’s ability to illuminate the tunnels; at first, Blinky’s natural light proves sufficient, but after a while of exploring (with no results of note, as if the mine has already been plundered dry), it falls on Sigurd to provide extra light with several flickering Will-o-Wisps, each a tiny blue lamp floating about and showing you where to go.

*Sigurd has gained 1 Level!*

The expression “a maze of tunnels” is more than hearsay, you soon realize. Indeed, turn after turn, you have no idea where you are anymore; ultimately it may not be an issue thanks to Sigurd’s ability to Teleport back out, but it does make a thorough exploration of this mine considerably harder. What you can tell is that, much like what happened on the outside, the tunnel walls here seem to have been mined dry of any precious ore, thanks to years of territorial dispute between Marshals, Ribs and Shells who have steadily cleaned out the area of anything worthwhile.

Sigurd suddenly motions for you to stop and brings your attention to a sudden change in the tunnel up ahead. You see it too; you’ve been following the mine’s carved paths, and after the last bisection, you now find yourself in what seems to be a dead end: the tunnel ends abruptly in a solid rock wall, but something is off…

The rails.

Every path you’ve chosen so far has had mining cart rails put in place, which makes sense. Interestingly, though, this tunnel is no exception even though it seems to lead nowhere; more interestingly even is that the rails appear to continue into the wall, as if the tunnel was supposed to continue, yet doesn’t…

Sigurd, ever methodical, lays out your options: you can turn back and choose another path, or you can attempt to break through by force and continue down this path, assuming there is one as the rails seem to imply. Blasting your way through, however, might be a risky endeavour considering where you are – it doesn’t take a psychic Pokemon to tell you the risks of blowing stuff up inside a mining tunnel.

What will your answer to Sigurd be?
__________________
Maskerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 04:43 AM   #488
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskerade View Post
TheKnightsFury:

The journey into the mine is made somewhat easier by your Pokemon’s ability to illuminate the tunnels; at first, Blinky’s natural light proves sufficient, but after a while of exploring (with no results of note, as if the mine has already been plundered dry), it falls on Sigurd to provide extra light with several flickering Will-o-Wisps, each a tiny blue lamp floating about and showing you where to go.

*Sigurd has gained 1 Level!*

The expression “a maze of tunnels” is more than hearsay, you soon realize. Indeed, turn after turn, you have no idea where you are anymore; ultimately it may not be an issue thanks to Sigurd’s ability to Teleport back out, but it does make a thorough exploration of this mine considerably harder. What you can tell is that, much like what happened on the outside, the tunnel walls here seem to have been mined dry of any precious ore, thanks to years of territorial dispute between Marshals, Ribs and Shells who have steadily cleaned out the area of anything worthwhile.

Sigurd suddenly motions for you to stop and brings your attention to a sudden change in the tunnel up ahead. You see it too; you’ve been following the mine’s carved paths, and after the last bisection, you now find yourself in what seems to be a dead end: the tunnel ends abruptly in a solid rock wall, but something is off…

The rails.

Every path you’ve chosen so far has had mining cart rails put in place, which makes sense. Interestingly, though, this tunnel is no exception even though it seems to lead nowhere; more interestingly even is that the rails appear to continue into the wall, as if the tunnel was supposed to continue, yet doesn’t…

Sigurd, ever methodical, lays out your options: you can turn back and choose another path, or you can attempt to break through by force and continue down this path, assuming there is one as the rails seem to imply. Blasting your way through, however, might be a risky endeavour considering where you are – it doesn’t take a psychic Pokemon to tell you the risks of blowing stuff up inside a mining tunnel.

What will your answer to Sigurd be?
Things only got stranger as they continued to search. Sigurd's combination thankfully worked, illuminating their way through the tunnels. Unfortunately it really didn't make it any easier to navigate through the literal maze of tunnels. There was no way they were finding their way back out, Sigurd's teleportation was the only way they were going to avoid being trapped down here for eternity. Follow the old mine cart tracks, the party soon found themselves at a dead end, except Jayson and Sigurd weren't exactly sold on it being a dead end. The tracks continued into the wall, meaning that this was either some sort of illusion or false wall that had been put in place to conceal the part ahead. They were getting close to something.

"We take a controlled approach, break through the wall bit by bit instead of going hell for leather." Jayson reassured the Gallade that they wouldn't be putting themselves at any greater risk than they already were. "Blinky I need you to Soak the wall in between strikes, hopefully that will help weaken it. Try to target the middle of the wall. Sigurd and Iron Maiden, you're going to alternate. Sigurd use Focus Blasts, get in close and take your time to aim. Iron Maiden, full force Gyro Balls, aim lower to break apart the lower portion of the wall. While they could have gone for a more forceful approach, Jayson was sure a bit of patience now would be worth it in the long run. While things were getting curious, part of Jayson was still hoping for conflict, for another opportunity to sate his darker desires.
__________________

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 01:34 PM   #489
134
Not gonna fight you.
 
134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: The end of the line.
Posts: 918


Explouds to the left of me, Jynxes to the right,
And here I am, stuck in the middle with you.


Crimson Sanctum



[ Balmund ]


You lay it out straight for Topher: either he coughs up the kids' stuff -- and his Charmander -- or you and Sheena tear him and his little boyfriend a new one. He doesn't seem quick to comply. The stuff is one thing, but his Charmander? He has no intentions of giving you it, but Sheena is very big and very frightening and it doesn't take much of her intimidation tactics to wear the bully down. He'd only gotten the stupid thing a few weeks ago, and it sucked. It got its ass kicked! His dad would buy him a new one anyway...

However he ends up rationalizing it, he ultimately complies. His Charmander is crawling out of the rubble when he returns it to its ball, betraying the unspoken expectation that he would protect it. He made no effort to defend it from you as he places the Poké Ball in your outstretched and expectant hand. Then he and his buddy gather up the stolen items -- Pepper's bike and James' PokéGear.


"Empty your pockets, too!" Pepper asserts. He complies, producing a couple of crumpled bills, a few pieces of hard candy, and a slip of paper. She sifts through the goods, pocketing the cash and sweets before turning to you.

"This is some kind of coupon," she says, giving it to you. "Old women like this sort of thing, right?"

Her words are very earnest, and it doesn't sound like she's insulting you -- at least, no on purpose. Rather, it seems like she genuinely believes that whatever age she think you are is old. Better to just accept it and move on. As you busy yourself with trying to pocket the coupon, however, she snatches the Poké Ball from your hand, in that way kids do when they haven't yet learned they aren't entitled to everything.

"Ey, and we got his Pokémon, too!"

Stephen approaches you from the side, clutching his cousin's worthless Pokémon to his chest. "Can we go now...?" He warbles.

"Sure, Steve," James promises his friend, though his eyes are fixed on his newly reobtained Poké Gear. He looks thrilled to get it back; the device looks expensive, and has a custom casing. You probably saved him a couple thousand PokéDollars worth of chores to replace his trinket.

"Yeah, we're done here," Pepper agrees, pocketing the Charmander. "Come back to our hideout, and we'll pay you," she promises.

Logically, you know as soon as you leave, Topher is going to go crying to his daddy, and that might be more trouble than you're prepared for if you're still around when he shows up. Plus, the brat took your spoils. It might not do you any favors with the locals if you victimize any more children. Plus, James looks really upset, and he wants to leave.

You have received a coupon for one free MT move, redeemable at the Move Tutor!

What will you do?






Shanty Heights



[ Rotom310 ]


De-escalation, you decide, is priority. It's not that you don't think you wouldn't win in a fight, but... is violence really necessary? Your Weavile isn't helping your case for clemency, looking poised to attack at any moment, and there's always the threat of your third wheel making an appearance and screwing things up. Nonetheless, you're optimistic that you can talk your way out of this, vomiting 90 words a minute in your fright. Nikolai doesn't seem particularly swayed by your pleas, but evidently his wife is.

"Nikolai, please," she urges, hurrying down the steps. She looks so tired, dark bags under her eyes. She places a begging hand on his shoulder. "Look at him. He can't be older than the baker's daughter. He's practically a kid himself..."

Nikolai hesitates, shovel poised to skull you, but then slowly lowers the makeshift weapon. She's right -- you're still pretty young. Probably ten years younger than him. He doesn't have it in him to bludgeon another human being to death, and he looks defeated. The recent disappearances have taken a toll on his already struggling community, and the reality is that if you're as innocent as you claim, then it means they still haven't found their culprit. It's a difficult prospect for a desperate man to swallow.

"What are you doing in these parts?" He demands, his gaze never leaving Stealth. He's definitely not prepared to trust that thing, and despite his wife's pleas, he's not sure he trusts you, either. "You with the Shells?" He presses, referring to the organized crime syndicate that had established itself around these parts. "Or those ruffian Ribs? A new face is always bad news around here."

What will you do?


134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 02:04 PM   #490
CyberBlastoise
Team Mother?
 
CyberBlastoise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 618
The Bedlam Quarry
Please reply in Beige

Biggggg5: Climbing back upwards did not appeal to you in the slightest, so you end up trying your chances through the tunnel. The tunnel behind you seems to go deeper into the mine, heading downward for a long spiral, something that Alucard’s echolocation can confirm, if there is an exit that way, it will be for miles. The only other exit appears to be the one on the other side of the resting room. However, as soon as you enter, a monitor inside springs to life. A familiar red R appears on the monitor followed by a staticky image of an elderly man with his pet Sneasel sitting behind a wooden desk made of Mahogany.

The man starts speaking, “Welcome, my latest batch, to the testing facility.” Any answer is futile as this appears to be a prerecorded message. “As you may or may not be aware, you were specifically bred to be the best of the best. Here in our cozy secret lab, we have been breeding the most powerful Pokemon in order to further our goals. I am Doctor Johnson, your supervisor, and father…well surrogate father, or something, I dunno. Anyways, we need to get to testing. To start off with, we need to test your knowledge of the human language. So if you want to survive, take the doorway on the left, and don’t follow the Sneasel’s instructions.”

Then the Sneasel pops up with his own instructions. Alucard understands it as “This is something to test your obedience. Go to the door on the right.” Above the right doorway marks the words “Acid Bath Incinerator 8000. Warning, do not enter!”

The exit doorway however, appears to be on the far far right away from the monitor with the neon red words “EXIT” appearing above it. However, unlike the other doors to the facility, this one is heavily industrily reinforced.

“Now I’m sure you’re eager to see the world above and all that,” Johnson chimes in. “However, you need to know that the only way out is through our series of tests, as the exit door has been tested to keep out even a powerhouse like Machamp. We paid a fortune for it, and I bet you can see that too. I wanted the gold plated one, but budget cuts make things hard. Anyways, you graduate through our tests, however, you’ll be granted the key out and be free to follow your legally obligated destiny.” In fine print on the monitor it reads, “enslaved to Team Rocket and used for further breeding purposes as well as battle.”

“Okay, now that that’s done, please proceed.”

Any attempts to go through the door on the far far right appear to be in vain. He wasn’t lying when he said that the doorway was difficult to get through. So instead you have two choices to make, you can either go through with the tests, or you can try your luck with the Acid Bath Incinerator 8000, or you could try to go deeper into the cave behind you and hope for the best, but as stated before it goes downward for at least a mile. What will you do?

__________________

Fizzy Bubbles

PASBL
CyberBlastoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 05:27 PM   #491
Balmund
'Munds of fun
 
Balmund's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: A snake's lair.
Posts: 2,465
Send a message via Skype™ to Balmund
Quote:
Originally Posted by 134 View Post


Explouds to the left of me, Jynxes to the right,
And here I am, stuck in the middle with you.


Crimson Sanctum



[ Balmund ]


You lay it out straight for Topher: either he coughs up the kids' stuff -- and his Charmander -- or you and Sheena tear him and his little boyfriend a new one. He doesn't seem quick to comply. The stuff is one thing, but his Charmander? He has no intentions of giving you it, but Sheena is very big and very frightening and it doesn't take much of her intimidation tactics to wear the bully down. He'd only gotten the stupid thing a few weeks ago, and it sucked. It got its ass kicked! His dad would buy him a new one anyway...

However he ends up rationalizing it, he ultimately complies. His Charmander is crawling out of the rubble when he returns it to its ball, betraying the unspoken expectation that he would protect it. He made no effort to defend it from you as he places the Poké Ball in your outstretched and expectant hand. Then he and his buddy gather up the stolen items -- Pepper's bike and James' PokéGear.


"Empty your pockets, too!" Pepper asserts. He complies, producing a couple of crumpled bills, a few pieces of hard candy, and a slip of paper. She sifts through the goods, pocketing the cash and sweets before turning to you.

"This is some kind of coupon," she says, giving it to you. "Old women like this sort of thing, right?"

Her words are very earnest, and it doesn't sound like she's insulting you -- at least, no on purpose. Rather, it seems like she genuinely believes that whatever age she think you are is old. Better to just accept it and move on. As you busy yourself with trying to pocket the coupon, however, she snatches the Poké Ball from your hand, in that way kids do when they haven't yet learned they aren't entitled to everything.

"Ey, and we got his Pokémon, too!"

Stephen approaches you from the side, clutching his cousin's worthless Pokémon to his chest. "Can we go now...?" He warbles.

"Sure, Steve," James promises his friend, though his eyes are fixed on his newly reobtained Poké Gear. He looks thrilled to get it back; the device looks expensive, and has a custom casing. You probably saved him a couple thousand PokéDollars worth of chores to replace his trinket.

"Yeah, we're done here," Pepper agrees, pocketing the Charmander. "Come back to our hideout, and we'll pay you," she promises.

Logically, you know as soon as you leave, Topher is going to go crying to his daddy, and that might be more trouble than you're prepared for if you're still around when he shows up. Plus, the brat took your spoils. It might not do you any favors with the locals if you victimize any more children. Plus, James looks really upset, and he wants to leave.

You have received a coupon for one free MT move, redeemable at the Move Tutor!

What will you do?




"Hey!" Bel instantly complained as soon as the pokeball was snatched from her hands, but managed to rein herself in right afterwards. Though indeed she intended to keep the stolen Charmander by all means, it wasn't yet the time and place to antagonize the other children. She was instead starting to think up a plan for later, and one that the three might be willing to agree. There were other ways to coerce them into doing her bidding (other than threats and violence), and she still had to cash in the favor they owed her for retrieving their goods. Pepper could... hold on to it for now. Besides, she didn't wish for cavalry to arrive and back up Topher. Not now, anyways.

"Alright kids, were done here. Let's get going now before things get complicated. Sheena, come back. Play time is over. And you two..." She turned to the defeated bullies. "If I see your faces again there'l be trouble. Scram."
__________________

::FB::WF::
Balmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 07:04 PM   #492
Naru
I'm not a good loser
 
Naru's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskerade View Post
Naruxami:

The device, despite probably not having been used in years, fortunately still seems to work. It rolls gently across the dry ground and touches the unconscious Pidgey on the wing, before snapping open and pulling the critter in.

Without so much as a sign of struggle, the center light blinks once… twice…. thrice, and the PokéBall locks shut!
*Congratulations! You’ve captured a Level 14 Male Pidgey! It knows the Egg Moves Steel Wing and Defog!*

As expected, the capture is easy given the bird’s condition. But in this particular case, that is definitely not a good sign: the less it fights back, the weaker it is, and that means the bird is in dire need of medical attention!

Fortunately, amidst the desolate buildings, locating the Pokemon Center doesn’t take long at all – it sticks out like a sore red thumb in the gray and brown landscape, which in hindsight might not be a spectacular idea. But when you arrive, you realize this is problem the least typical Pokemon Center you’ve ever seen: as you walk inside, you find dozens of stretchers leaning against the walls, nurses tending to injured humans, and not a single Pokemon in sight. This is more a full-blown hospital than a Center, you quickly understand, and it makes sense considering what the boy told you earlier: “nobody in Shanty Heights keeps Pokemon anymore”. Still, with nowhere else to go, you approach the counter with Pidgey’s PokeBall in hand.

“Yes?”

The lukewarm reception comes from the strangest Joy you’ve ever seen: a broad-shouldered man in his fifties with a grizzly beard, a pink shirt and a white apron to symbolize his profession.

“You don’t look hurt,” he declared in a deep, coarse voice. “If you’re here as a volunteer, look around and you’ll find plenty to do. If you’re here as a beggar, we have nothing.”
The capture was effortless, and for once that wasn't a good thing. This Pidgey most certainly needed medical attention, and fast. Isaac turned to his other Pokemon, he had no means of extremely fast travel towards whatever building he needed to get to. He quickly returned Django and Jericho to their Pokeballs and looked down at Kyp, they would need to be fast to ensure that this Pidgey got the care he needed. With a nod, Kyp lead the way, using his strong senses and fast legs to find the Pokemon Center. However, due to the nature of the building in this desolate wasteland, his assistance was hardly needed.

As Isaac approached the door, Pokeball in hand. It opened like the typical centers he was used to, but there was something off about this place. The sheer and utter lack of any Pokemon in sight was striking to him, but then the words of the children wandered back in his mind. No one in Shanty Heights had Pokemon anymore. Why would they need a center when people were so much more important in this place? The wounded and the famished, all placed on stretchers in front of him. Kyp looked around, sniffing the air. The smell of sickness and dried blood was clinging to the air, it made him cringe visibly.

As he walked towards the counter, he prayed that he could find the assistance he required here. As he approached the counter, he saw the strangest looking Nurse Joy he had ever seen. He was so used to the pink haired nurses with the polite faces and adorable aprons. The apron on this burly man just seemed off putting, but at least he was doing good work for the people here. He looked at Isaac curiously, proclaiming that he didn't look hurt and asking him to volunteer.

"Oh um. No, I'm not hurt, thankfully." He placed Pidgey's pokeball on the counter, he felt extremely self-conscious having to ask for help in somewhere that no longer looked equipped for such a thing. "As much as I'd love to help, I caught a Pidgey who's in urgent need of medical attention. Please, I'll do anything to get him the help he needs." He was practically begging at this point, unsure of what to do if he would be refused. "His wing is broken and he was being preyed on by Mandibuzz... I know there's no Pokemon anymore but there has to be something you can do."

[Picking up Orpheus and declaring his ability to be Big Pecks <3]
__________________


tumblr fizzy bubbles backloggery steam last.fm
PSN: Asteiri | Discord: Asteiri#2000
Naru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 04:41 AM   #493
Maskerade
Cascade Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 462
Naruxami:

The man's stern expression turns into a terrifying scowl the second you mention you have a Pokemon that needs healing. He leans over the counter like a tower come to life, and glares at you.

"A fucking Pidgey? You came here to ask me to heal a bird?!" he spits each word with profound disdain. "Take a look around, Trainer. These people can't even stand on their own, and you want me to waste time and resources on a half-dead pigeon that could have been used to feed them?"

He slams his massive fists on the counter, then stops and takes three deep breaths before continuing in a noticeably less-angry tone.

"I'm sorry. I... life's hard these days. Not your fault, outsider." He suddenly plucks the Pokeball from your hand and twirls it in his fingers. "I used to train too, some ten years back. It's a luxury nobody in Shanty Heights can afford anymore. But this is still a Pokemon Center, you couldn't have known otherwise. Let me dust off the old machine..."

Looking defeated, like a man bearing the weight of the world on his houlders, the nurse turns around and slides his apron across the control panel of the large device behind him. It suddenly beeps and comes to life, causing some of the still-conscious patients to look in your direction.

"Still works... they knew how to build these things," the man mutters under his breath, clearly nostalgic. "Here we go..."

The familiar sound comes up as light envelops the PokeBall in its pod. Dun, dun, dun-dun-dun!

When the process is over, the nurse turns back around and places Orpheus's Ball on the counter. You can see he tries his best to smile, if only to make up for the previosu outburst, but it's the single most forced grin you've ever seen in your life.

"Thank you for waiting. We've restored your Pokémon to full health. We hope to see you again!" he says, suddenly out of character. "That's... how they used to say it, right? Look, people are gonna stare at you funny if they realize what you did. You don't go around capturing perfectly good food these days. So if anyone asks, tell them... tell them you're a Ranger and you just barely returned from a run-in with the Blanket, ok?"

The large man, now much calmer, prepares to resume his duties of tending to the wounded. What will you do now?





TheKnightsFury:

You decide to "take a controlled approach" with Focus Blasts and Gyro Balls to the wall, while Blinky is tasked with Soaking the rubble. Well, the reasoning is solid, and fotunately the rock not so much - Sigurd brings his hands to the side of his body, channels energy into a vibrant blue orb and hurls it at the wall, resulting in a violent explosion that causes the entire tunnel to shake ominously; afterwards, Iron Maiden spins and crashes into the cracked stone, and just like that, the thin barrier crumbles into rubble. As it does, the ceiling above you shakes a second time, but fortunately it doesn't result in a cave-in...

It is strange though. As you assumed, the path ahead continues, but the obstacle was considerably less sturdy than you might have expected. It's as if someone put up the wall more as a deterrent than an actual roadblock, and now that it's been removed, nothing prevents you from continuing down the tunnel. However...

Sigurd points ahead, calling your attention to something at the far end of the path: the tunnel runs in a straight line, it seems, but there is an almost imperceptible glow in the distance, violet in hue. Also, the nauseating feeling that's been nagging at you up until this point intensifies, and it's clear that only Iron Maiden seems unaffected...

Before you can proceed, however, you hear a strange scuttling sound up ahead, beyond the light Sigurd and Blinky can provide. And then, that voice...

"Turn back... for your own sake... or I will have to make you..."

Bone-chilling, raspy, dry as sandpaper and strained as if coming from a being in pain, it is by far the strangest voice you've ever heard uttering human words. Try as you might, you can spot nothing in the darkness, but it's clear you aren't alone...

What will you do?
__________________

Last edited by Maskerade; 05-29-2018 at 04:51 AM.
Maskerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 11:52 PM   #494
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskerade View Post
TheKnightsFury:

You decide to "take a controlled approach" with Focus Blasts and Gyro Balls to the wall, while Blinky is tasked with Soaking the rubble. Well, the reasoning is solid, and fotunately the rock not so much - Sigurd brings his hands to the side of his body, channels energy into a vibrant blue orb and hurls it at the wall, resulting in a violent explosion that causes the entire tunnel to shake ominously; afterwards, Iron Maiden spins and crashes into the cracked stone, and just like that, the thin barrier crumbles into rubble. As it does, the ceiling above you shakes a second time, but fortunately it doesn't result in a cave-in...

It is strange though. As you assumed, the path ahead continues, but the obstacle was considerably less sturdy than you might have expected. It's as if someone put up the wall more as a deterrent than an actual roadblock, and now that it's been removed, nothing prevents you from continuing down the tunnel. However...

Sigurd points ahead, calling your attention to something at the far end of the path: the tunnel runs in a straight line, it seems, but there is an almost imperceptible glow in the distance, violet in hue. Also, the nauseating feeling that's been nagging at you up until this point intensifies, and it's clear that only Iron Maiden seems unaffected...

Before you can proceed, however, you hear a strange scuttling sound up ahead, beyond the light Sigurd and Blinky can provide. And then, that voice...

"Turn back... for your own sake... or I will have to make you..."

Bone-chilling, raspy, dry as sandpaper and strained as if coming from a being in pain, it is by far the strangest voice you've ever heard uttering human words. Try as you might, you can spot nothing in the darkness, but it's clear you aren't alone...

What will you do?

The wall crumbled with much less effort than Jayson had anticipated. Thankfully they avoided starting a cave in, but Jayson was concerned that they may have alerted the Marshals to their presence inside the tunnels. They needed to be sure they couldn’t be ambushed from behind, luckily Iron Maiden had a technique perfect for such a situation.

“Iron Maiden”, Jayson spoke softly, “lay some Stealth Rocks behind us so that those Marshals can’t try and sneak up behind us without us knowing.” The Ferroseed let out a happy screech, she didn’t seem to be feeling the effects of the radiation at all, while Jayson, Sigurd and Blinky were experiencing strengthening symptoms. The obvious reason was due to Iron Maiden being a steel type. Steel was immune to Poison, so it was likely that radiation had similar characteristics to the Poison type. Jayson would keep that in mind, if things got too rough for Sigurd and Blinky we would have to switch them out for Pokemon more suited to the conditions.

Soon after the wall fell they were issued a warning from a strange voice. It was like nothing Jayson had ever heard, he couldn’t tell whether it was a human talking or perhaps some kind of Pokemon. The warning could easily be construed as a threat, Jayson wasn’t having any of it though.

“Thanks for the warning but I’ll do what I want, so kindly get out of our way or make yourself useful.” Jayson started to walk forward. “Sigurd, Blinky, if whatever it is tries to stop us, take it down with a Confuse Ray and Thunder Wave respectively.”
__________________

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 12:13 AM   #495
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,256
(not the most exciting or long update but I had 20 minutes free at work so I thought I'd give you some progress!)

King Ghidorah- Outnumbered by the Salandit but still possessing a type advantage, you quickly leap into action as you throw yourself onto the back of your trusty Ponyta. Thankfully you avoid getting scorched by the Fire type's mane, it seems she trusts you enough to ride her. With a nudge of your heel she breaks into a gallop and begins to circle Onix. The Salandit are quick to pursue, scrambling over the rocky surface to try and get to the pretty pony. Onix prepares itself, holding up its tail, waiting for the right moment to strike. You duck as Ponyta whizzes under the Rock types tail, the giant snake swings with incredibly force, collecting all four Salandit and sending them flying into the wall of the quarry. They slump to the ground in a heap, unconscious and no longer a threat.

Onix and Ponyta gained 2 levels!

As Ponyta comes to a halt, the old man rushes towards you, pick axe still in hand. "You've gotta go retrieve my ore", puffs the old timer. "That ore is rich in magnesium, its worth a pretty penny to the right buyer! I don't have a clue why Salandits would be interested in magnesium." The Salandit that had taken off with the wheelbarrow were no longer in sight. What you could make out however, is scratches on the ground from the heavy wheelbarrow. "Tell you what, if you managed to salvage it for me, I'll give you some things I've dug up that are no use to me but I'm sure could come in handy for a Pokemon trainer." The old man was willing to compensate your effort, but you'd need to act fast if you had any hope of retrieving the ore before the Salandit's reached their destination.
__________________

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 04:11 AM   #496
Meetan
Thunder Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskerade View Post
Meetan:

Hermes is obviously conflicted by the given task. His loyalty notwithstanding, carrying a cardboard box is still a very un-epic thing to ask of a living sword. Still, he ultimately agrees to it, and off you go up the stairs and towards Rigel’s quarters.

The upper floor looks exactly the same as the one below, long and lifeless stone walls, cold and unadorned, punctuated by wooden doors marking the entrance to each of the small rooms that used to serve as monk residences. As you follow the quartermaster’s instructions, you’re surprised to find they lead you to one of these unremarkable doors, guarded by two Shell soldiers. You might have expected Rigel to have chosen more sumptuous lodgings, but it seems he has settled for one of the smaller quarters, making no distinction between himself and the other Shells. That might, in a way, be revealing of the Marquis’s character…

Clumsily making your way towards the room with the heavy box in your hands, you approach the two guardsmen with as much confidence as you can pretend to have. You’ve already blown your cover once, best not try your luck a second time…

“Where do you think you’re going, grunt?” The question was delivered in a mocking tone, the guard clearly amused at the sight of a young girl carrying way too much weight to look respectable.

“If you’re here to see the Marquis, he’s away at the moment,” says the second man, visibly not as amused. “If that’s a delivery for him, I’m gonna need to see an ID first. You know, the standard procedure.”
Alice tried not to cringe. Of course, everything was standard fucking procedure around here. How often did the Marshalls send people to get murdered that they felt the need to ask for ID everywhere? And the Ribs probably had a hand in this policy too, naturally. "Yes, it's direct from the Quartermaster." She said, setting it down with a grunt. The young woman reached into her pocket. All she had with her was the stolen key card, and she hoped to hell that it functioned as ID. On top of that, if it did, she hoped it didn't immediately show to be stolen, because by the way people talked about the old man, he'd been revelled before he'd been reviled. It would surely stand out if a grunt was carrying an admin's key card.

"Of course, I'm sorry. Here you are." She offered, exhaling with an awkward smile. It was nerves, but Alice just played it off as if carrying the goods had taken the energy out of her. Hermes was lurking above the grunts, closer to the ceiling with his single, sinister eye set upon the pair. If things went wrong, the monster wasn't going to wait before jumping the duo with Shadow Sneak. When Alice had come to the Hatchery for him, he had already cursed the place, practically possessing one of the staff after taking his soul... And he had done it openly, like a show for his 'master'.

Honestly? Now that the woman feared him enough to keep him cooped up in his ball on most occasions, he was eager to play again, and Alice had to know it. If this went as swimmingly as she was desperate for, of course, he'd just phase through and follow her into the room. This wasn't going to stay clean for long, after all. He'd waited a while for this chance, the bouncing baby spirit could wait a little longer to satiate his hunger.
__________________
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 08:27 AM   #497
King Ghidorah
Pokemon Trainer
 
King Ghidorah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
(not the most exciting or long update but I had 20 minutes free at work so I thought I'd give you some progress!)

King Ghidorah- Outnumbered by the Salandit but still possessing a type advantage, you quickly leap into action as you throw yourself onto the back of your trusty Ponyta. Thankfully you avoid getting scorched by the Fire type's mane, it seems she trusts you enough to ride her. With a nudge of your heel she breaks into a gallop and begins to circle Onix. The Salandit are quick to pursue, scrambling over the rocky surface to try and get to the pretty pony. Onix prepares itself, holding up its tail, waiting for the right moment to strike. You duck as Ponyta whizzes under the Rock types tail, the giant snake swings with incredibly force, collecting all four Salandit and sending them flying into the wall of the quarry. They slump to the ground in a heap, unconscious and no longer a threat.

Onix and Ponyta gained 2 levels!

As Ponyta comes to a halt, the old man rushes towards you, pick axe still in hand. "You've gotta go retrieve my ore", puffs the old timer. "That ore is rich in magnesium, its worth a pretty penny to the right buyer! I don't have a clue why Salandits would be interested in magnesium." The Salandit that had taken off with the wheelbarrow were no longer in sight. What you could make out however, is scratches on the ground from the heavy wheelbarrow. "Tell you what, if you managed to salvage it for me, I'll give you some things I've dug up that are no use to me but I'm sure could come in handy for a Pokemon trainer." The old man was willing to compensate your effort, but you'd need to act fast if you had any hope of retrieving the ore before the Salandit's reached their destination.
(Hey definitely do NOT apologize for anything. I know you do these out of the goodness of your heart. Any and all updates are greatly appreciated!)

Hugo bit his lip penisvely, looking back at the fallen Salandit. They were no longer a threat and, in theory, were ripe for catching. Salandit, after all, was high on Hugo’s list of Pokemon he hoped to capture some day. But if he wasted time to do this, he might lose the wheelbarrow. And besides, these were all male. Perhaps, he reasoned, he may find the elusive female in his pursuit of the ore.

“Magnesium, huh?” Hugo said to the man with the pick axe. “You sure that’s what it is? Either way, they’re really into it.”

The fact that the Salandit so desperately wanted what the man had dug up greatly piqued Hugo’s interest. But he knew they weren’t going to give it up without a fight. He looked at Onix who, despite being a little worse for wear from the exertion, was still ready to go. And Ponyta seemed more calm and collected now, no longer spooked from having the Salandit hot on her trail. He stroked the non-flaming fur around her mane and she rustled her head in appreciation.

“You’re good, right?” he asked the Fire Horse, who responded with a resounding neigh.

“And you, Onix?” The rock snake roared and pounded her tail on the ground in affirmation.

“Alright,” Hugo said addressing the man. “We’ll get it back for you. Ponyta, Onix, see the tracks on the ground? Follow the path. We’ve got a job to do.”

Ponyta bucked back on her hind legs and neighed enthusiastically, Hugo clamoring not to fall off.

“Whoa, WHOA! Hold your horse--…ah nevermind. Let’s go!”

And so they went.
__________________
King Ghidorah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 05:20 PM   #498
Lil'twick
Wayward Bard
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Shirogane
Posts: 2,880
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick

Tate-

Your offer of taking the Smeargle away seemed to really resonate with it. After all, it was an opportunity to get out of this place. To wake up, get up, and get out of Bedlam Ridge. It was certainly a very tempting offering. Compared to staying in this depressing city, the beauty of the sea was tempting. Not only that, but the high mountain peaks... the lush forests and vast plains. Nature was always beautiful, and could be expressed by any artist. Besides, despite the Smeargle's monochromatic painting-style, you had to give it credit for looking good. Was that from the Smeargle's dreams, or previous experience? Whatever it was, you could see determination creeping up through the Smeargle.

After a while, the Pokemon looked at you, giving you a look that you hadn't seen before. A look of hope. Shaking its head, it was willing to leave everything behind. The question was, how. It would be easy enough to just capture the Smeargle. Besides, Pena would be happy that his new friend would be coming back home with you. Though, you felt that might not be the best option. After all, the Smeargle could end up feeling trapped again. It wanted to leave, though, so it was an option.

Regardless of your choice, the Smeargle still stared at you, it's resolve not changing. It wanted to leave, it made up its mind. And, after all, since you were the one who offered it you should be the one to help it out. That was only natural. Pena would certainly be happy to help out as well.

What do you do?

__________________


Ghost Legion
Hawke | Austin T. Willows

Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 08:04 PM   #499
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,256
King Ghidorah- Accepting the old timers offer, you surge off on your Ponyta in pursuit of the thieving Salandits. It is easy enough to follow the scratches along the cave floor, due to Ponyta's flames thankfully providing enough light to illuminate the tunnel. It's not long to you spot the Salandits up ahead, the normally speedy Pokemon seem to be slowed by the weight of the heavy wheelbarrow. Not long after you spot them, one of them turns around, made aware of your presence by the clanging of Ponyta's hooves and the sound of a massive Onix winding its way through the tight tunnels.

While its two companions continue to surge through the tunnels, one stays behind in some sort of valiant stand. Did this one Salandit think it could stop both your Ponyta and your Onix? It seems so as it lets loose a burst of flame that flies through the air. Its aim seems to be off however as the projectile strikes the tunnels ceiling, not even coming close to you. Suddenly something begins to fall from the the roof of the tunnel, slamming down onto the ground with a heavy thump. The lumps of spiked steel begin to grown and spin, it seems the Salandit has startled some wild Ferroseeds! The Salandit snickers as the Steel types being to Roll flat out towards you. It seemed these lizards were quite cunning, stopping them would likely be harder than expected. To make matters worse the Salandit seemed to be sticking around, raising its sharp claws it begins to race towards you, ready to Scratch and claw at Ponyta.
__________________

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 08:07 AM   #500
King Ghidorah
Pokemon Trainer
 
King Ghidorah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
King Ghidorah- Accepting the old timers offer, you surge off on your Ponyta in pursuit of the thieving Salandits. It is easy enough to follow the scratches along the cave floor, due to Ponyta's flames thankfully providing enough light to illuminate the tunnel. It's not long to you spot the Salandits up ahead, the normally speedy Pokemon seem to be slowed by the weight of the heavy wheelbarrow. Not long after you spot them, one of them turns around, made aware of your presence by the clanging of Ponyta's hooves and the sound of a massive Onix winding its way through the tight tunnels.

While its two companions continue to surge through the tunnels, one stays behind in some sort of valiant stand. Did this one Salandit think it could stop both your Ponyta and your Onix? It seems so as it lets loose a burst of flame that flies through the air. Its aim seems to be off however as the projectile strikes the tunnels ceiling, not even coming close to you. Suddenly something begins to fall from the the roof of the tunnel, slamming down onto the ground with a heavy thump. The lumps of spiked steel begin to grown and spin, it seems the Salandit has startled some wild Ferroseeds! The Salandit snickers as the Steel types being to Roll flat out towards you. It seemed these lizards were quite cunning, stopping them would likely be harder than expected. To make matters worse the Salandit seemed to be sticking around, raising its sharp claws it begins to race towards you, ready to Scratch and claw at Ponyta.
“Clever girl,” Hugo remarked under his breath, impressed by the craftiness of the raptor-esque Salandit. He didn’t know if it was female, but the opportunity to quote that movie in an extremely appropriate context was too good to pass up.

Anyway, film references aside, Hugo quickly leapt down off Ponyta’s back and plotted his next move. The Salandit were a formidable threat on their own, but to throw the Ferroseed into the mix added a whole other level of complexity. The Salandit’s greatest asset was its speed, he could tell as it careened toward Ponyta, and Hugo knew he would need to try and beat it to the punch. For that, he had an ace up his sleeve.

“PONYTA!” he shouted, his voice echoing through the cavernous walls of the tunnel. “Throw Salandit off balance with QUICK ATTACK!

Okay, so that was step one. What about the runaway steel seed monsters heading straight toward them? They had to tread lightly. Ponyta had the clear type advantage, but putting her directly in crosshairs of Rollout was risky. Onix could definitely tank the hit, but offensively there wasn’t too much she could do to take the Ferroseed out of commission. Hugo knew that whatever course of action he took, the timing would have to be just right or else it would all come crashing down around them. Nearby, Onix shuddered in anticipation, waiting for direction.

“Alright Onix! Pulverzie the Salandit with Tackle!” Onix look a bit confused, surely thinking she would be assigned to take out the Ferroseed. “Just trust me, okay?” Hugo pleaded. “Ponyta, after you’ve hit the Salandit, blast those Ferroseed with a motherloving FLAMETHROWER! AND THEN RUN LIKE HELL BEHIND ONIX! AAAAAAAHHHHHH!”

Hugo often had a habit of not being able to control the volume of his voice. He really needed to work on that.
__________________
King Ghidorah is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:57 PM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.