UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 02-16-2014, 09:12 PM   #26
Snorby
Snackin'

Ominous Wind, then Air Cutter

Click on Fawful for my ASB squad summary. Other links coming soon.
Snorby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:21 AM   #27
Sneaze
I'm sorry, Talon :(

Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
Apollo recalls his fallen Quagsire, and a Swirlix takes his place, by the name of Kandi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Species Characteristics
Swirlix (Fairy): Swirlix's body is sticky and sweet, making it rather hard to let go of if grappled. Using a move, it can spit a fine thread of sticky, sugary string similar to String Shot to entangle a target.
The Swirlix is quick to act, shining the bright light of a Dazzling Gleam through the arena, effectively blasting the Chatot with ease, the bright light causing a bit of irritation to Angel's eyes. Regardless, Angel flaps her wings and beats up an Ominous Wind, the naturally widespread attack easily finding its way to her Swirlix foe. Kandi is undeterred, and creates another bright flash of energy, a second Dazzling Gleam blasting Angel effectively, though this one doesn't seem to carry any ill effects. Her eyes are feeling a bit better, but Angel opts for another somewhat widespread attack, and with a few beats of the wing a mass of Air Cutter shreds through the arena, slicing into Kandi for some nice enough damage, pushing the Swirlix back a bit outside of standard battling distance to end the round.

Kandi's took some nice hits but is still pretty well off, while Angel is looking incredibly battered now. Energy wise Kandi's still great, with Angel getting progressively more winded, needing a break soon.

MMS.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:40 AM   #28
Snorby
Snackin'

If Kandi tries to get in close, Aerial Ace. If he keeps his distance, however, Air Cutter.

Old 02-18-2014, 03:05 PM   #29
Apollo77
Done With Your Shit

Send a message via Skype™ to Apollo77
Alright Kandi, he's tired, so quickly let out a Thunderbolt and finish him off already. If that for some reason isn't enough, Dazzling Gleam.
Apollo77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 08:30 AM   #30
Sneaze

Angel attempts to watch her foe warily, when suddenly electricity begins to crackle around Kandi. The Chatot is far too tired, and the resulting Thunderbolt strikes her square in the chest before she can react. As soon as the bolt fades the bird falls quickly to the ground, falling limp and lying unconcious.

Angel is unable to battle!

A bit of energy usage from Kandi, but largely unchanged.

MMS, your next 'mon and orders.

Quote:
Old 02-20-2014, 06:41 PM   #31
Snorby
Snackin'

Alright Trikster, you're up!

Acid Spray into Kandi's eyes, then Thunderbolt

Old 02-20-2014, 06:53 PM   #32
Apollo77
Done With Your Shit

Toxic, then Double Team. Let's see how he likes not being able to hit things.
Old 02-22-2014, 01:52 AM   #33
Sneaze

The fallen Angel is recalled and promptly replaced with an Eelektrik, by the name of Trikster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Species Characteristics
Eelektrik: (Electric) Eelektrik constantly levitates using a magnetic field. This levitation allows for fairly quick and nimble travel and requires no energy to maintain. They are also fairly good swimmers and are able to stay underwater as long as any Water type.
The newcomer quickly looses an orb of pure poison, which is lobbed through the air before splashing down on Kandi. The Acid Spray is incredibly painful, and the hiss can be heard as it damages the eyes of the Swirlix, which is going to cause a bit of irritation if nothing else. Regardless, Kandi looses some poison of his own, this particular poisonous substance a nice gloop, which manages to find its way to Trikster regarless of the Swirlix's poor vision, the Toxic splashing over the Eelektrik quite nicely, and will begin to seep in soon. Kandi manages to act a bit more quickly than his foe this time, and moves back and forth, a technique we've seen once already by the bird that was just out. This particular Double Team also creates three clones, for a total of four. Crackling with electricity, Trikster takes aim at one of them, and looses a Thunderbolt... which strikes hard on Kandi, sending him reeling and causing the clones to vanish harmlessly. The round ends with the two just outside of standard battling distance.

A nice bit of damage to Kandi pushes Trikster into the lead somewhat, but it's nothing that can't be taken back quickly. Energy wise, they both used about even amounts, which puts Trikster slightly more well off, and neither will need a break quite yet.

Apollo.

Quote:
Old 02-22-2014, 10:44 AM   #34
Apollo77
Done With Your Shit

I swear to God I knew this would somehow happen. ughhhhhhhh

Dazzling Gleam in hopes of blinding him, then get a bit of health back with Draining Kiss.
Old 02-22-2014, 01:45 PM   #35
Snorby
Snackin'

Close your eyes to avoid being blinded, then let loose a Discharge

Old 02-24-2014, 01:18 PM   #36
Sneaze

Kandi starts off the round by creating the bright flash of the well spread new Fairy move, Dazzling Gleam. The move has already become well known for its ability to hurt eyesight, and Trikster wants none of it, simply closing his eyes. While this does protect him from the side-effects of the attack, he gets hurt nicely by the actual damaging energy of the move. A bit irritated, he crackles with electricity before loosing a bolt of Discharge. The Electric attack barrels straight at Kandi, striking nicely, and as Kandi attempts to make a counter attack, it becomes obvious that the attack has rendered the Swirlix paralyzed. The round ends here, with only a bit more distance being created between the two.

A bit of damage to both sides leaves the scales largely unchanged, though they both are moving slowly down their healthbars. Energy usage for each was nice thanks to the one movers and they're ready and raring to go.

MMS.

Quote:
Old 02-24-2014, 04:51 PM   #37
Snorby
Snackin'

Acidx2

Last edited by Snorby; 02-24-2014 at 04:58 PM.
Old 02-24-2014, 05:50 PM   #38
Apollo77
Done With Your Shit

Here's to hoping I don't get fked by paralysis.

Throw up a Light Screen ASAP. Then let out another Dazzling Gleam, making sure to time it so that you don't move Light Screen out of the way while he's firing off Acids.
Old 02-26-2014, 05:50 PM   #39
Sneaze

With his opponent now incapacitated opponent, Trikster makes his move to put out some serious typespam, spitting up a bit of Acid at his foe. But no such luck, as Kandi manages to overcome his paralysis thanks to using a largely energy based technique, erecting the translucent pane of a Light Screen before himself. The poison splatters across the screen, causing it to shatter, but it effectively nullifies the liquid's momentum, causing it to fall short. Trikster attempts to fire out another attack to really put the pressure on, but the Eelektrik doesn't have that much Poison energy, sadly. Kandi also can't seem to get out his second attack, as paralysis locks up his body, and the round thus ends.

No damage to either side. Low energy use by each 'mon was appreciated and they're feeling pretty great.

Apollo.

Quote:
Old 02-26-2014, 06:53 PM   #40
Apollo77
Done With Your Shit

Well that went better than expected.

Another Dazzling Gleam to blind him cuz lolI'msobadatorderinggoingfirst, then uhh I guess Dazzling Gleam again. If by some chance your hesitation with paralysis makes you able to see your opponent using a Steel move, swap out one Gleam for Safeguard.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:39 PM   #41
Snorby
Snackin'

Ice Fang to break the light screen. follow up with Ice Beam

Sigs are fun to abuse

Old 02-28-2014, 09:27 PM   #42
Sneaze

Trikster rushes in towards his foe, before striking hard with an Ice Fang, clamping his teeth down on his foe, and causing a bit of frost to form over the Swirlix's face. Undeterred, and now free of paralysis Kandi prepares another Dazzling Gleam, which blasts across the arena, despite his foe being directly in front of him, the energy blast deals a nice bit of damage to the Eelektrik, and does seem to have some effect on the eyesight of his foe. Nonetheless, due to the close distance between them, Trikster has no problem spotting his foe and loosing an erratic bolt of an Ice Beam into the cotton candy monster for another nice blow, causing a bit more frost to cover Kandi's face. A little harder to see, and a bit harder to concentrate, it takes Kandi a moment to work up his next Dazzling Gleam, which is blasted at the Eelektrik before him, dealing a nice blow as the round comes to a close.

Kandi has closed the health gap ever so slightly, but Trikster still holds the lead as both mon make their way towards the midpoint. Energy use was a bit above average for both 'mon but they're still okay.

MMS.

Quote:
Old 03-01-2014, 12:54 AM   #43
Snorby
Snackin'

Flash Cannon twice. Replace either or both with a Discharge if Kandi tries to avoid being damaged by them.

Old 03-02-2014, 11:34 AM   #44
Apollo77
Done With Your Shit

Wow I put this off kinda long

Wait for him to begin Flash Cannon, since he doesn't know you're trying to avoid being damaged, then use Light Screen to reflect it back. If you don't have the Psychic energy for Light Screen, then Protect instead. Then, in the same manner, wait for Flash Cannon to begin again, and melt it with Flamethrower.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:59 AM   #45
Sneaze

Trikster begins the round by preparing a ball of shimmering silver energy in front of itself. Kandi watches closely, making sure there is no way the Eelektrik can back out of using the Flash Cannon before attempting to set up a defense. The beam is launched, but as the Swirlix goes to ready its technique, he finds himself lacking enough Psychic energy to do so. Kandi tries to switch techniques, but there is simply no time, and the beam blasts away the the cotton candy's health, a slight residual glow indicating that energy based attacks are going to be doing a bit more damage to the Swirlix for a little while. Once again Trikster prepares a Flash Cannon pouring his remaining Steel energy into the attack, but Kandi is perfectly prepared this time, a stream of fire erupting from the mouth of the Swirlix. The beam and the Flamethrower meet in dead center, only for the flames to wrap around the beam, allowing both to continue to travel and strike for slightly reduced hits.

Kandi's health took a massive dive this round, heading for critical ranges now, while Trikster is sitting comfortably just below the midpoint. They both had fairly intensive rounds, and breaks would be nice for each of them.

Apollo.

Quote:
Old 03-05-2014, 04:42 PM   #46
Apollo77
Done With Your Shit

Hrmmmmm.... Draining Kiss.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:41 AM   #47
Snorby
Snackin'

Flash when he tries to go in for a Draining Kiss, and immediately after air-slither/float/whatever you do away from Kandi.

Finish with a Flash Cannon if you still have sufficent Steel energy left, Zap Cannon if you don't.

Don't worry Trikster, you'll get a break real soon.

Old 03-08-2014, 08:17 AM   #48
Sneaze

Kandi approaches his foe, coating his lips with a light pink energy, looking to deal some damage and heal itself in the process. But Trikster lives up to his name, and with a brief Flash of intense light that quickly irritates the eyes of our cotton candy monster. Kandi continues forward, not being able to see so well in the immediate future, but thanks to the distance he needs in order to strike from melee range, manages to easily get in his Draining Kis. The moment his lips make contact, health is quickly sucked from the Eelektrik, healing the Swirlix handily. Panting a little, Trikster decides he is fed up with his foe, and being in point blank range is the perfect position for him as suddenly a crackling ball of electricity forms between the eel and his foe. The lack of distance gives Kandi zero reaction time, and the intense electrical charge instantly starts to paralyze it, leaving him wide open as the Zap Cannon ravages his health bar, leaving him handily paralyzed directly in front of his foe as the round comes to a close.

Kandi took a massive beating, and is deep within critical range now, while Trikster only took a decent hit. Energy wise, things are looking the other way, with Kandi feeling a bit refreshed while Trikster absolutely needs a break immediately.

MMS.

Quote:
Old 03-08-2014, 04:15 PM   #49
Snorby
Snackin'

back away and take a Rest, Trikster. You've earned it.

Old 03-08-2014, 08:27 PM   #50
Apollo77
Done With Your Shit

(Ugh I wish I had the Psychic energy for Dream Eater right nowwwww... oh well)

Oh, he wants to get some shut-eye, does he? Let's use Dazzling Gleam to wake him up as soon as he falls asleep and make sure that doesn't happen! Then follow up with another Dazzling Gleam. Let's close this health gap a bit.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL