UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 12-03-2013, 11:01 PM   #26
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Send a message via MSN to Rangeet Send a message via Skype™ to Rangeet
Sure, but even if it's used to get rid of confusion, it still has a little effect. Plus, sure, I can see the first Secret Power being aimed at Clefairy, but why the second as well? Follow Me isn't more powerful than Taunt. Once one attack is done, it ends. It's not like in the games.
Old 12-04-2013, 06:22 PM   #27
PROXIMA
Boulder Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to PROXIMA
I was contemplating that may be the case but as unsure. Alrighty, that's sound.

Edited.
PROXIMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:53 PM   #28
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Rangeet, let's go. Releasing literally next to Lileep. Ice Punch, Iron Tail.

Stone Cold, Thunder Wave Clefairy for full paralysis.

Last edited by Rangeet; 12-04-2013 at 10:05 PM.
Rangeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 05:02 PM   #29
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

"Lady Luck, I put my fate in your hands.

Lily, just try to Endure the onslaught. If you get an opportunity, hit Rangeet with Energy Ball at point blank.

Halley, Magic Coat that Thunderwave back. Then hit Rangeet with Magical Leaf."
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:17 PM   #30
PROXIMA
Boulder Badge

Round 6: Game Changer Rangeet

With Edge being taken out of commission last round Rangeet is forced to recall the hulking prehistoric Pokemon and send out his next battler. It looks like he decides to follow his opponent, Kind's, theme of cutesy Pokemon as with the flick of his wrist comes another Pokeball, and from this one comes a derpy yet astoundingly cute Quagsire named after it's trainer. Look at that face!

Quote:
Quagsire: (Water/Ground) Quagsire move at a decent clip on land, and a respectable pace in the water, though they prefer shallow, slow water to deep, fast currents. Wooper and Quagsire are coated with a slimy substance, which makes them harder to grab.
Thanks to how fresh Rangeet is in comparison with the rest of the battered, tired 'mon he's naturally the first to react with lightning fast speed as he quickly delivers a vicious Punch, his fist coated in Ice, to the abdominal cavity of Lily, not even the slightest change in his goofy expression as he does it. Before she can even react and try to Endure what's coming she feels the oxygen violently ripped out of her lungs as she keels over, swirly eyed, onto the arm of the goofy looking Quagsire who gently places her safely on the ground before returning to the battle.

Lily is unable to battle! Kindrindra, please send out your next Pokemon!

Unfortunately Rangeet hasn't much to do as he watches Stone Cold begin to let out his second Thunder Wave at Halley whom promptly reflects the paralyzing effect right back at him via a Magical Coat of energy that glows from within her. Soon after neutralizing the main aspect of Stone Cold's assault she turns her attention to Rangeet and sends him a nasty Magical Leaf. The bits of grass-type energy cut into him for some severe damage as the innocent expression is ripped from Rangeet's face, replaced by one of anguish. Thoroughly provoked, and with the wording of his trainer's orders a little vague, he finds it a reasonable course of action to quickly charge up some Steel energy into his Tail and give Halley a quick THWAP! across her face with said tail now encased in Iron 'causing some good damage before the round comes to a close, leaving Stone Cold with a pretty moderate bout of paralysis.

Rangeet took an unbelievable amount of damage due to his typing, leaving him looking worse for wear than Stone Cold with one attack. Still better than Halley though. Energy was alright, still fresh. Still got around half his Steel and Ice left.

Stone Cold enjoyed the one mover and suffered no damage. He's got some paralysis though because of his antics, and overall his energy levels are fairly low compared to Halley as they're sitting a pretty good chunk underneath the half mark at this point.

Halley avoided paralysis once again while only taking a relatively decent bit of damage. Doesn't need a break yet, and her Psychic and Grass is around half.

Last edited by PROXIMA; 12-05-2013 at 09:05 PM.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:37 PM   #31
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Not sure Iron Tail should have been used on Halley, but. Also I'm not sure Lileep has an abdominal cavity, but. :P

Also it's kinda strange that I've used so much of my psychic energy when Clefairy gets almost every psychic-type move in existence. Like, I think Trick Room is the only non-legend one she doesn't get. And Confusion.

"Krystal, let's have some fun. Start things off by stealing Stone Cold in, well, Cold Stone. Rock Tomb. Your second attack shall be Dark Pulse, directed at Rangeet.
Halley, abuse that CM boost! Secret Power Rangeet. Then show him your Secret Power once more.

30%, 20%, 30%. Come on, the odds are in my favour."
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:50 PM   #32
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Kind. It's a normal type. It doesn't get shit of anything. Proxima, you are reffing this at 2/3x, right? Quaggy shouldn't have taken that huge an amount of damage. You also missed Stealth Rock for both people

Rangeet, use Rock Tomb on Halley. Then use Dynamicpunch on Krystal.

Electabuzz, use a quick burst of Agility to dodge the rock tomb. Then, if it looks like Sableye's confused, do nothing. If not? Catch him in the most painful Submission hold you can think of.
Old 12-06-2013, 11:22 AM   #33
PROXIMA
Boulder Badge

This is why I don't like foregoing the usage of reference points. Don't read too much into Rangeet being worse for wear than his partner with one attack. Though it's true he's got less health than Stone Cold already, it's not as substantial as you may think. Also Clefairy being normal-typed does lower her amount of off-type energy, but since Electabuzz gets extra Fighting 'cause he's got so many moves I'm assuming we should grant the same courtesy to every 'mon in the same or similar circumstance, so she does get a bit extra because of that. Finally, Rangeet wasn't specifically told whom to attack so I reffed it as him interpreting his orders as attacking the closest thing to him. Once Lily was gone he only had one target left to attack, and since it attacked him *shrugs*.

With the untimely demise of Lily comes a new 'mon in her wake. Though not her ghost, Krystal appears to be of the otherworldly persuasion and quite a solid looking one at that!

Quote:
Sableye: (Dark/Ghost): While Sableye is usually solid, it can go invisible for a short amount of time, though the glint of their eyes remains visible to a keen eye. They cannot levitate at all but are excellent climbers, possessing dexterous limbs and a strong grip. Due to Ghost not providing immunity against Fighting attacks, they are considered weak to Fighting. Due to their keen eyesight, Sableye’s accuracy cannot be lowered. All ghosts fight more enthusiastically at night, though light does not hinder their ability to battle. Sableye can see in the dark.
Before the round begins and our fresh new combatants start things off the Stealth Rocks remember that they're supposed to jut up and hit the 'mon that are sent out, so they do just that despite the laggy delay. Silly Stealth Rocks always forgetting what they're supposed to do. Definitely not the refs fault. Nope, nope. Anyways both of them take a decent amount of damage from them.

Now with the sound of the bell signalling the start of Round 6 Rangeet and Krystal are the firsts out of the gate. Krystal the Sableye begins by stomping her solid, ghostly foot into the ground all the while tapping into her Rock reserves already. I'm sure you all know what happens next. The energy summons up some rocks that attempt to bind Stone Cold in a Cold Stone prison. Although the Electabuzz had other plans he quickly remembers as he goes to use the contractile fibers making up his muscles that he's quite paralyzed. Thus his attempt to Agilitys himself out of the way of the Rock Tomb fails as he's unable to do much of anything before the rocks encase and surround him. Since he can't see much of anything at this point he can't tell whether or not Krystal is confused, not that it matters since he wouldn't be able to do much anyhow. Meanwhile, Rangeet starts his round by proving that fresh minds think alike as he too taps into his rock reserves to summon a Tomb of Rock, this one for Halley. As the prison erupts around her Halley unfortunately hasn't much ability to aim her Secret Powers anymore so she decides to forego any energy wasting and does nothing. Pleased with himself he turns his attention towards Krystal whom had used the moments she was given after her first attack ended to charge her second. As the big Quagsire begins to pivot his body he spots the waves of Dark energy emenanting his way, though he processes this all a bit too late as the Dark Pulse lands on him before he even fully gets to turn himself to face his foe. As surprising and jarring as turning your face into a Dark Pulse may be he manages not to flinch and instead quickly closes the distance between himself and Krystal before delivering his Fighting energy-charged fist to her face 'causing a small asplosion and sending her careening backwards from the force. Krystal is luckily able to avoid confusion this time, due in no small part to her typing no doubt, and quickly gets back to her feet.

Stone Cold and Halley did nothing. No damage, and no energy use so she's feeling like a brand new woman Clefairy and he's feeling like a brand new Electabuzz.

Our newcomer Krystal is feeling the pain. She's already dipped quite heavily in terms of health and looks to be a little worse off than Stone Cold at this point. Energy use was good. Little under half her rock left. Obviously still fresh.

Rangeet took some good damage, looking a little more beat up than Krystal. Same amount of Rock left as her, but he's hurting for Fighting. Still a chunk left though. Still fresh-ish.

Last edited by PROXIMA; 12-06-2013 at 12:46 PM.
Old 12-06-2013, 11:48 AM   #34
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Find it hard to believe that he was able to agilidodge Rock Tomb while paralyzed.
Quote:
Old 12-06-2013, 11:52 AM   #35
PROXIMA
Boulder Badge

*Sigh* Completely slipped my mind. Will fix this up later, sorry for all the mistakes guys.
Old 12-06-2013, 12:01 PM   #36
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

No worries, it's not like you're the only one who forgot it. :3
Quote:
Old 12-06-2013, 12:46 PM   #37
PROXIMA
Boulder Badge

Fixed. I hope o.o
Old 12-06-2013, 09:26 PM   #38
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Was hoping since he's an electric type and doesn't have much paralysis, I might get lucky and break free.

Er, you do realise though that light paralysis isn't an auto-immobilised?
Old 12-07-2013, 12:14 AM   #39
PROXIMA
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROXIMA View Post
Thoroughly provoked, and with the wording of his trainer's orders a little vague, he finds it a reasonable course of action to quickly charge up some Steel energy into his Tail and give Halley a quick THWAP! across her face with said tail now encased in Iron 'causing some good damage before the round comes to a close, leaving Stone Cold with a pretty moderate bout of paralysis.
It may seem like he wasn't able to move at all because of my description but he was, he just ended up being too slow to efficiently get out of the way before he got surrounded. Idk why I worded it that way 'cause that does make it seem like he was completely immobile. I meant something more along the lines, "He goes to move, but has a hard time getting his muscles to co-operate to move quickly enough to escape the tomb. It's more than a light bit of paralysis, so I RNG'd his chances of escaping and unluckily he didn't pass the roll. Plus Krystal was pretty much brand new compared to Stone Cold whose been battling for 6 rounds now so she was pretty fast in getting the attack off.
Old 12-08-2013, 07:02 AM   #40
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Gimme a couple of days to order Seth. Sorry, can't think clearly. :x
Old 12-08-2013, 08:21 PM   #41
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

No prob~
Quote:
Old 12-12-2013, 05:29 AM   #42
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Rangeet, use the rocks surrounding Stone Cold to aim a Rock Slide at Sableye. Stone Cold, Mega Kick Sableye. Rangeet, Mega Kick Sableye. Stone Cold, Thunder Wave Sableye.
Old 12-22-2013, 11:20 PM   #43
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Giving you till Boxing Day. (That's the 26th.)
Old 12-25-2013, 11:59 PM   #44
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Kin pauses for a moment, raising an eyebrow at his opponent's latest orders.
"Quite the Krystal hate. Right, Krystal, use those sharp and nasty claws of yours to Dig out of the way of that Rock Slide. Turn Invisible as you travel, then emerge to the side of Halley's Tomb and free her with a quick Rock Smash. Then make yourself scarce, remaining invisible.

Halley, emerge from your Tomb after Krystal's help and give Rangeet the rest of your grass energy in the form of another bout of Magical Leaf. Then give him a Secret Power because why not."
Quote:
Old 12-26-2013, 08:09 PM   #45
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Also, why would I not know when Boxing Day is? I'm not that daft. ;;
Quote:
Old 01-01-2014, 11:28 PM   #46
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

So. Been a while since PROXIMA's logged in?
Quote:
Old 01-01-2014, 11:30 PM   #47
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Yeah, we should probably post this in the Ref Replacement Services or something.
Old 01-08-2014, 11:24 AM   #48
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

You do it
Quote:
Old 01-11-2014, 11:19 PM   #49
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Kind, can we just cancel this or something? You're kinda going to take a week to order every time, and that's after we find a ref, which is going to take a while.
Old 01-12-2014, 03:52 PM   #50
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Hey, I've gotten on every day since making that TA post. :P

(To be realistic, I'll likely be posting daily/semidaily, I just won't be on the 16/7 I used to maintain, and there's a sliiiight possibility of me vanishing for a week or so every once in a while.)
Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL