UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2012, 08:06 PM   #76
Sneaze
Mrow?

Daisy used Stall!

It's Super Effective!

Also, I didn't record the awesome battle against Yuki that was so close it wasn't even funny, so I hope she has that.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:08 PM   #77
Princess Ana
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Princess Ana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneezey12 View Post
Daisy used Stall!

It's Super Effective!

Also, I didn't record the awesome battle against Yuki that was so close it wasn't even funny, so I hope she has that.
I also faced Sneezy, but for some reason the log didn't save so I can't bring up the video.

ToxicStall Mantine works wonders.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:39 PM   #78
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneezey12 View Post
You mean this one?

Though you would've won if not for that misclick at the end. ^^;
lilboocorsola is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:32 AM   #79
Sneaze
Mrow?

1 HP and it didn't even have a Sash. That was seriously so insanely lucky.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 02:16 PM   #80
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

http://pokemon.aesoft.org/replay-Lil...ng--2012-06-14

The UNBEATABLE GOLBAT found a way to really be UNBEATABLE. Its ghost hacked the PO system so I couldn't escape. ;;

But in the end, perseverance prevailed and I BEAT THE UNBEATABLE. \o/
Old 06-14-2012, 02:40 PM   #81
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Not really seeing how he "found a way to be unbeatable." Especially since you managed to, well, beat him. And quite easily, mind.
Talon87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 02:52 PM   #82
Princess Ana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Not really seeing how he "found a way to be unbeatable." Especially since you managed to, well, beat him. And quite easily, mind.
You had to be there. Kin dissapeared for like fifteen minutes.
Old 06-14-2012, 02:53 PM   #83
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeVA View Post
You had to be there. Kin dissapeared for like fifteen minutes.
Also the spectator part referred to when someone showed up to watch and nothing was happening. ^^;
Old 06-14-2012, 03:17 PM   #84
phoopes
Double Dragon

No one is ever on the UPN server when I'm on PO...

Anyway, I got a replay of me in a Metronome tournament going against Blue Harvest (TripleHorse). Didn't win the game, but just thought it would be fun to show a Metronome match.

http://pokemon.aesoft.org/replay-Tri...es--2012-06-13
Old 06-14-2012, 03:34 PM   #85
Celebii151
ADCs in 2017 LUL

Send a message via Skype™ to Celebii151
>Phoopes

I had a Metronome match against Daisy once. I predicted that her Snorlax would use Sacred Fire. And it did.

PASBL Record
Trainer Level: 5
Referee Grade: B
Wins (DQ): 51 (5) Losses (DQ): 27 (6) Draws: 3
KOs: 135 TP: 294 SP (Earned): 0 (0)

Anime Style Battling | Fizzy Bubbles | Wild Future
Thanks to Pengyzu for the UserBar!
Celebii151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 04:52 PM   #86
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

>Fire Punch
>Horn Drill

DEMON PRINCE AGOGO
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:29 AM   #87
Celebii151
ADCs in 2017 LUL

My Proof that the most broken Pokemon is Riolu.

PASBL Record

Old 06-16-2012, 09:08 AM   #88
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebii151 View Post
My Proof that the most broken Pokemon is Riolu.
Well, he certainly showed why that isn't the case. Certainly the gimmick would rape unprepared teams, but throw on a superior priority move or Soundproof (lol) or Suction Cups and suddenly it's a different story. You both made a shitton of poor decisions in that match but none more costly than Blaze's decision to Growth rather than to have Venusaur try for Sleep Powder (best) or an immediate Sludge Bomb (less ideal given it's Chansey but still). And had he been running physical Venusaur, why, it'd all have been over right there and then.

That trick is pretty nasty though. If it became more popular, it'd certainly force a polarization towards more Arcanine and Cradily use. I guess the one other strategy which would see a rise in prevalence would be laying down Toxic Spikes and hoping they don't still have a grounded Poison-type.
Old 06-16-2012, 09:55 AM   #89
Celebii151
ADCs in 2017 LUL

Quote:
Well, he certainly showed why that isn't the case. Certainly the gimmick would rape unprepared teams, but throw on a superior priority move or Soundproof (lol) or Suction Cups and suddenly it's a different story. You both made a shitton of poor decisions in that match but none more costly than Blaze's decision to Growth rather than to have Venusaur try for Sleep Powder (best) or an immediate Sludge Bomb (less ideal given it's Chansey but still). And had he been running physical Venusaur, why, it'd all have been over right there and then.

That trick is pretty nasty though. If it became more popular, it'd certainly force a polarization towards more Arcanine and Cradily use. I guess the one other strategy which would see a rise in prevalence would be laying down Toxic Spikes and hoping they don't still have a grounded Poison-type.
Yeah, I could've lost that match easily, and I was extremely lucky. Here's an example of what happens when the opponent has no priority moves.

PASBL Record

Old 06-16-2012, 10:01 AM   #90
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Pausing on Turn 19 to ask you, why do you think he didn't forfeit by now? ^^; Isn't it obvious to him that he's never going to get to go again? Didn't he bother to look up the PP on Copycat and realize he can't expect to PP stall you? (32 turns? Good luck with that! ) Granted, the chain ends when you get him down to the last guy, but by then ...

EDIT: Yeah, just finished. He should have known better than to expect Gliscor to sweep your team for a remarkable 1-4 to 1-0 turnaround victory.

Last edited by Talon87; 06-16-2012 at 10:04 AM.
Old 06-16-2012, 05:55 PM   #91
Princess Ana

Quote:

The reason: I don't carry Sleep Powder. Each move has its merits, and...well...I have had problems with Sleep Powder in the past. Then, the only thing I would have would be the rare Sp.Def drop from Energy Ball...but I still need a boost if I want to take out Chansey. I figured it was going to use Protect or some crap for Wish. But then again....this is Celebii...
Old 06-16-2012, 09:30 PM   #92
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

I've had my bad luck with Sleep Powder as well, especially during testing phases of DP movesets for my Roselia. In like four matches in a row with either Stlbk or Talon over DS Wifi, Roselia never landed a single Sleep Powder.

I still use it though ._.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 09:42 PM   #93
Talon87
時の彼方へ

The odds of missing once each use are a respectable 1-in-4. The odds of missing twice in a row are a not the smallest in the world but still pretty unlikely 1-in-16. Given what Sleep Powder affords you, I'd say it's worth it.

In a match I played with Daisy earlier today, she kept using Sleep Powder and I kept waking up the very next turn. It was pretty frustrating for both of us: she never missed but she never gained an attack advantage either, the only move I'd fail to execute being the one I selected the very same turn she put me to sleep. Needless to say, my luck was the crazier of the two and ran out before hers. -.-; I mean, c'mon: three Turn 1 wake-ups in a row? If only she'd missed ...
Old 06-16-2012, 11:25 PM   #94
Princess Ana

Quote:
The odds of missing once each use are a respectable 1-in-4. The odds of missing twice in a row are a not the smallest in the world but still pretty unlikely 1-in-16. Given what Sleep Powder affords you, I'd say it's worth it.

In a match I played with Daisy earlier today, she kept using Sleep Powder and I kept waking up the very next turn. It was pretty frustrating for both of us: she never missed but she never gained an attack advantage either, the only move I'd fail to execute being the one I selected the very same turn she put me to sleep. Needless to say, my luck was the crazier of the two and ran out before hers. -.-; I mean, c'mon: three Turn 1 wake-ups in a row? If only she'd missed ...
MY bad luck is when they wake up too quickly. I use it on QD Butterfree....you don't know how many times I have died because of Sleep not working.
Old 06-22-2012, 07:15 PM   #95
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Just faced a team with not one, not two, but three F.E.A.R. Pokemon. I don't really have a great strategy for dealing with the F.E.A.R.ers but you might be amused to see what ultimately happens here. Spoiler:

Spoiler: show
Hooray for combating gimmicks with hax. Hooray for flinch hax. Hooray for having not one but two different Pokemon with flinch-inducing moves. And silly me for not bringing Mamoswine out way sooner and having him set up Stealth Rock, just what the hell man!? ^^;

EDIT: So ... taking a closer look at the file ...

Spoiler: show
I make a lot of embarrassing mistakes in this match, like when I don't attempt to flinch right from the get-go on Turn 1 or like when I stupidly aim for flinch on an Aron whose Focus Sash has already been broken. I also forgot in the span of two minutes it took to upload the video that this guy's F.E.A.R. Phanpy is a F.E.A.R. failure. ^_^; That was pretty ridiculous how Ice Shard took it out in one hit like that. No Sash, no anything to ensure you survive on only one HP?

So maybe this isn't the greatest video to watch ever. But still. I'm happy my team, which doesn't really have a solid answer to F.E.A.R., was able to defeat a team that spammed it not once, not twice, but three two and a half times.

Last edited by Talon87; 06-22-2012 at 07:32 PM.
Old 06-23-2012, 01:39 PM   #96
quintowill
Soul Badge

Send a message via AIM to quintowill Send a message via MSN to quintowill Send a message via Yahoo to quintowill Send a message via Skype™ to quintowill
Patrat is a boss!!.

Ok... Swords Dancing on a Rollout trapped Chansey will make any Pokemon a thret in CC...

43ko 123tp 6.5 sp
Banner by KratosAurion

Note: banner is not up to date...
quintowill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 02:09 PM   #97
Talon87
時の彼方へ

That was pretty mean of you switching in Patrat like that when you had a perfectly good Excadrill out already , but it certainly was a conservative and smart strategy. Really, the only danger you encountered was that Larvitar, but you got lucky with Swagger and the rest is history.
Old 06-23-2012, 02:14 PM   #98
Princess Ana

Okay, this battle goes to show how close a match can get.

9 HP was the deciding factor. NINE

http://pokemon.aesoft.org/replay-New...VA--2012-06-23
Old 06-23-2012, 04:29 PM   #99
quintowill
Soul Badge

Send a message via AIM to quintowill Send a message via MSN to quintowill Send a message via Yahoo to quintowill Send a message via Skype™ to quintowill
Quote:
That was pretty mean of you switching in Patrat like that when you had a perfectly good Excadrill out already , but it certainly was a conservative and smart strategy. Really, the only danger you encountered was that Larvitar, but you got lucky with Swagger and the rest is history.
I really had no choice. I only switched in Excadrill cause Submission and Focus Blast was the attacking moves it had.

43ko 123tp 6.5 sp
Banner by KratosAurion

Note: banner is not up to date...
quintowill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 04:46 PM   #100
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by quintowill View Post
I really had no choice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by quintowill View Post