UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Gym League
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2020, 10:50 AM   #26
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

More Acrobatics (110 BP because no item is held)!
Zorchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 02:08 AM   #27
Emp
Volcano Badge

Fire Blast (110 bp) with Devil Horns

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 07:31 AM   #28
Connor
Flashbacker

Raid Boss Rillaboom
★★★★★

Health Gauge: 60%
Shields Up: 0
KOs: 1

Raid Boss Attack Summary

Attack 1: Shockwave (0 BP)

Attack 2: Earthquake (100 BP)
MM, Mr. Mime: 200 HP
SpinyShell, Kecleon: 200 HP
Gary, Tropius: 260 HP
Sniz, Dusknoir: 300 HP

Attack 3: Frenzy Plant (150 BP)
Sneaze, Dusknoir: 75 HP

Raid Challengers

MM, Mr. Mime: 200 HP
Lit, Raichu: 357 HP
Zorchic, Staravia: 260 HP
SpinyShell, Kecleon: 200 HP
Gary, Tropius: 260 HP
Sniz, Dusknoir: 75 HP
Yuki, Delibird: 700 HP [Dynamaxed]
Emp, Salandit: 260 HP

Custard grows to rival Rillaboom in size, the festive sight buoying the spirits of the gathered trainers. They each in turn order their attacks, cracks beginning to spider the projected shields as they balk under the weight of the blows. Finally, they shatter with great fanfare, Staravia and Detox chirping amusement at this as they unleash an Acrobatics and Fire Blast respectively, dealing visible damage to the foliage fur of Rillaboom. With a deafening shriek, the Raid Boss discharges a strange shockwave, before mounting his revenge. Slamming a hefty fist into the ground, he rocks a number of Raiders with a dangerous Earthquake, before turning to Marissa, an especially nasty glint in his eyes. A few drumbeats later and vicious roots surge from the ground, smashing the Dusknoir relentlessly and leaving her barely holding onto consciousness.

Dynamax initiative: lilboo, Delibird

• Trainers may only list 1 order per round. They are also permitted to using 1 item in lieu of an attack.
  • Dynamax Initiative will select a trainer at random. If a trainer has initiative, they may choose to Dynamax their Pokemon for a duration of 3 turns. Dynamaxed Pokemon may only select a Max Attack of a corresponding type from their registered moveset, or Max Guard in place of status moves.
  • When issuing an attack, please state the attack's unbuffed Base Power (BP).
  • If a hold item or ability’s effect is activated in the present round as a result of the previous round’s damage calculation or the present round’s orders, please state it clearly in your response.
  • Roleplaying your orders is optional, but $250 may be collected for responses of 250 words or greater, and Bond will accumulate only for the trainer’s active Pokemon in battle.
  • You have until Saturday, 12th December to place your order.

Last edited by Connor; 12-12-2020 at 04:13 PM.
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 07:38 AM   #29
Sneaze
Mrow?

Pain Split (0 BP)

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 09:14 AM   #30
SpinyShell
Cascade Badge

As she surveyed the battlefield, Selene noticed a woman wearing a set of headphones and a Delibird adorned with Swablu style earmuffs, no doubt meant to drown out the Rillaboom’s drumming. More importantly, however, was the glowing magenta light coming from the woman’s wristband, a sign that she could Dynamax her red penguin. And it seemed like she was going to take full advantage of this opportunity, recalling the bird into his Christmas themed Pokeball before supersizing it and awkwardly hurling it into the air as she gave her command--Max Airstream.

With a brilliant flash, the penguin appeared and landed with a loud crash, before turning and glaring at the rockin’ gorilla. Despite what his stubby wings might have suggested, the Delibird was able to summon a hurricane level wind, the Max Airstream kicking up all sorts of leaves, twigs, and other debris as it surged towards the Rillaboom. The Drumming Pokemon was nearly blown off its building-sized drum set, but managed to recover with a scowl. Glowering down at the raiders and their Pokemon, the Rillaboom let out a loud shriek , filled with rage, as it hammered angrily on its drums, unleashing a strange shockwave that pulsed towards the raiding party.

Prism and Selene flinched, bracing for the worst. But when the shock wave reached them… nothing seemed to happen. Prism wasn’t injured or inflicted with a status condition, nor suffered the fatigue that came with a stat drop. But then, the glittering orange scales that Prism had whenever she was a Fire type began to shift, fading from orange to yellow to the dull green that they normally were. And despite her fiercest Flamethrower, her scales wouldn’t shift in color to match the move’s typing, instead remaining the dull green. She wasn’t changing type with the move, instead remaining a Normal type. It seemed the shock wave had done something, namely, nullifying her Protean ability.

“Well,” Selene said, “at least with your Normal typing Max Quake won’t hurt as badly anymore."

"Now, another Flamethrower.”

With abilities presumably nullified by the shock wave, I’ll resign myself to another devastating Ground attack.
Edit: Nevermind.

Flamethrower (90 BP) with 10% chance to burn.
Protean: Normal

Last edited by SpinyShell; 12-20-2020 at 03:41 PM.
SpinyShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 10:11 AM   #31
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorchic View Post
More Acrobatics (110 BP because no item is held)!
Old 12-10-2020, 10:31 AM   #32
Connor
Flashbacker

Came to my attention that ability reset also resets Protean changes, so Spiny is currently Normal type and did not take SE damage.
Old 12-10-2020, 02:06 PM   #33
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Let's go for a Heat Wave (95 BP)

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 08:52 PM   #34
Emp
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emp View Post
Fire Blast (110 bp) with Devil Horns

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Old 12-10-2020, 09:21 PM   #35
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

"Yes!" Terri grinned; the Aerial Ace had done its job, and that combined with the other moves had shattered Rillaboom's shield completely, leaving the Grass-type completely open and exposed to further attacks. Rillaboom, however, wasn't just letting this slide; a peculiar shockwave to offset any stat changes and the effects of any Abilities, followed by a forceful Earthquake that shook some of them up, the Normal Form Mr. Mime included. And finally, a Frenzy Plant to the Dusknoir. None of these moves actually knocked anything out, but Terri knew better than to overlook the Rillaboom's capabilities based on that alone. "It seems to be relying on moves like Earthquake a lot," Terri remarked.

"YES, INDEED!" agreed Perform. "HOW INCREDIBLY RUDE OF IT!" the Psychic/Fairy-type added, folding his arms and shaking his head disapprovingly at the engorged gorilla.

"So let's stop it from making use of that as much as we can," Terri stated. "Wide Guard, let's go!"

"BY THE HORNS OF XERNEAS, YES!!" declared Perform. Once again, he clapped his hands together, producing a sound not unlike a thunderclap, followed by the appearance of a shimmering, widespread barrier separating the Gigantamax Rillaboom from its numerous opponents, and more to the point, providing perfect protection to said opponents from any widespread moves Rillaboom might wish to attempt this time around. From what both Terri and Perform had seen, after all, that was a fairly significant threat in this battle. The more they could keep Rillaboom from leaning on moves like that, the better. Terri only hoped that Perform would be able to withstand any attacks that managed to target him...

OOC: Perform used Wide Guard (0 BP).

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 12-13-2020 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Minor grammatical fix.
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 09:27 PM   #36
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

I would be shocked if it weren't at shields at this point, so let's pop one and pray for a boost with a Silver Wind (60 BP)!

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 11:00 AM   #37
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Let's keep it up! MAX AIRSTREAM off of SKY ATTACK (140 BP) again!
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 04:40 PM   #38
Connor
Flashbacker

Raid Boss Rillaboom
★★★★★

Health Gauge: 48%
Shields Up: 5
KOs: 3

Trainer Recovery Summary

Sniz, Dusknoir: Pain Split
Sniz, Dusknoir: 158 HP
Gary, Tropius: Sitrus Berry
Gary, Tropius: 210 HP

Raid Boss Attack Summary

Attack 1: Focus Blast (120 BP)
SpinyShell: 0 HP

Attack 2: Frenzy Plant (150 BP)
MM, Mr. Mime: 0 HP

Attack 3: Max Strike (150 BP)
Gary, Tropius: 110 HP

Raid Challengers

MM, Mr. Mime: 0 HP [Must sit out one round until fully recovered]
Lit, Raichu: 357 HP
SpinyShell, Kecleon: 0 HP [Must sit out one round until fully recovered]
Gary, Tropius: 210 HP [Harvest trigger, Sitrus Berry restored]
Sniz, Dusknoir: 158 HP
Yuki, Delibird: 700 HP [Dynamaxed, 1 turn]
Emp, Salandit: 260 HP

Perform once again creates a defensive bulwark to ward off spread attacks, while Marissa connivingly connects her life force with that of the Raid Boss, hurriedly siphoning in an attempt to balance the scales. Though she doesn't quite manage that staggering feat, it is clear she is refreshed, and the sight of her teammates plugging away with determined, steady offence only serves as further reassurance. As Lucas billows a scathing, heated wind at the gorilla, familiar shields blink into existence - and a number are promptly shattered, most notably by the intense gusting tornado levied against them by Custard. From here, unfortunately, things go tragically wrong. First Prism is struck down by a furious blue sphere, Perform not far behind as he is ravaged by the same thickened roots which brought Marissa so close to fainting. Finally, Coco is engulfed by a ruddy grey explosion from below, stumbling in the wake of such a strike - but she refuses to fall, swiftly dispatching her Sitrus Berry to restore health only to forage another soon after.

Dynamax initiative: lilboo, Delibird

• Trainers may only list 1 order per round. They are also permitted to using 1 item in lieu of an attack.
  • Dynamax Initiative will select a trainer at random. If a trainer has initiative, they may choose to Dynamax their Pokemon for a duration of 3 turns. Dynamaxed Pokemon may only select a Max Attack of a corresponding type from their registered moveset, or Max Guard in place of status moves.
  • If a hold item or ability’s effect is activated in the present round as a result of the previous round’s damage calculation or the present round’s orders, please state it clearly in your response.
  • Roleplaying your orders is optional, but $250 may be collected for responses of 250 words or greater, and Bond will accumulate only for the trainer’s active Pokemon in battle.
  • You have until Monday, 14th December to place your order.
Old 12-12-2020, 04:42 PM   #39
SpinyShell
Cascade Badge

“Well, at least with your Normal typing Max Quake won’t hurt as badly anymore."

Those words echoed in Selene’s mind as she watched the Rillaboom summon a bright blue sphere, hurling the ball of energy directly at Prism. She had watched enough battles to know what move this was, Focus Blast. The infamous move had found its mark, unfortunately not owing up its nickname Focus Miss this time around. The Kecleon tumbled backwards, turning white and a sickly shade of yellow before collapsing into a depressing heap. It seemed that even with Prism’s sneaky type changing antics, or lack thereof, the unfortunate chameleon couldn’t avoid getting hit with a super effective attack. Selene glowered while recalling the chameleon back to her Aether Ball to recover.

This raid was clearly not Prism’s best. For the second time, the unlucky Kecleon was knocked unconscious, though at least this time she wasn’t the Rillaboom’s only victim. The rather rambunctious Mr. Mime was brutally lashed with powerful roots and vines--perhaps the gorilla was tired of his noisy antics as well? That was maybe the only upside to the gorilla’s little rampage, though Selene would rather have the Barrier Pokémon’s bizarre miming if it meant Prism was also conscious. As much as the Kecleon frustrated her at times, she still appreciated having her around.

Well, at this point she was once again forced to wait while her partner recovered. She glanced over the other raider’s Pokémon, but none of them seemed in immediate danger of fainting. The number of shields remaining, five by her count, appeared to be a much more pressing issue. Tapping into some of the Dynamax energy that now flowed around her, she took aim at the shields, watching with satisfaction as one of them shattered.

Cheering to break a shield.

Last edited by SpinyShell; 12-20-2020 at 09:35 PM.
SpinyShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 05:29 PM   #40
Lil'twick
Insanity

Shield Breaking with a Thunder (110 BP)!

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 12-12-2020, 06:08 PM   #41
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Rillaboom was not pleased. This was easy enough to tell as it started launching attacks left and right- none of them were widespread, and so one might think at first glance that Perform's Wide Guard had been useless. However, Terri disagreed- she was inclined to think that the Rillaboom was too smart to consider using a move like Earthquake or Boomburst while Wide Guard was in effect, and so it was Perform's efforts keeping it from using such devastating moves in the first place.

That's not to say, however, that it was smooth sailing. The Focus Blast smacked into the Kecleon, knocking it out, and then came the Frenzy Plant, a forceful onslaught of spiky vines erupting from under the ground that batted the Mr. Mime around. Perform let out a series of extremely loud and almost certainly exaggerated grunts of pain from the admittedly painful-looking pummeling he was undergoing.

"Perform!" Terri cried out as the vines finally ceased their assault.

"OHHHH, THE PAAAIIIN!" wailed Perform dramatically as he stumbled around, one hand on his chest. "IT'S TOO MUCH! NOT ONE SINGULAR HIT POINT REMAINS! HUMAN TERRI!" he added, wheeling around to look at his Trainer. "MAKE ME A PROMISE!"

"Of course, Perform," nodded Terri.

"PROMISE ME! THAT AS I LAY RECOVERING IN MY BALL, YOU WILL USE THIS TIME... TO HELP MAKE THAT SHIELD COLLAPSE!" boomed Perform, gesturing dramatically to the barrier Rillaboom had erected. "LIKE! A BUNCH! OF! BROCCOLI!!!"

Terri nodded, smiling. "You can count on it," she promised.

Perform nodded back, also smiling, before staggering backwards. "OHHH, I'M FADING! FADING FAST!" he bellowed, before finally falling on his back, succumbing to unconsciousness.

Terri held out the Fairy Ball. "Perform, undo," she said, withdrawing the Normal Form Mr. Mime. And as she felt the Dynamax Energy start to work its magic, she also felt it flowing into the Wishing Star on her Dynamax Band. With this happening, and with Perform's overly-dramatic plea in mind, Terri took aim with the Dynamax Band, and let loose a concentrated bundle of Dynamax Energy right at the shield. It didn't shatter it completely, but it definitely did its share of damage nonetheless.

OOC: Cheering to break a shield.

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 12-14-2020 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Minor grammatical fix.
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 11:42 AM   #42
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa View Post
I would be shocked if it weren't at shields at this point, so let's pop one and pray for a boost with a Silver Wind (60 BP)!
More of this.

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 11:37 AM   #43
Sneaze
Mrow?

Shadow Claw (70 BP + Shadow Lance)

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 11:46 AM   #44
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

One more MAX AIRSTREAM off of SKY ATTACK (140 BP)!
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 12:21 PM   #45
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

Shields are down, so let's keep attacking! Acrobatics (110 BP because no item is held) again!
Old 12-14-2020, 11:17 PM   #46
Emp
Volcano Badge

Blast em with more Fire (110 BP + Devil Horns)

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Old 12-16-2020, 07:15 AM   #47
Connor
Flashbacker

Raid Boss Rillaboom
★★★★★

Health Gauge: 31%
Shields Up: 0
KOs: 4

Trainer Recovery Summary

Gary, Tropius: Sitrus Berry
Gary, Tropius: 209 HP

Raid Boss Attack Summary

Attack 1: Earthquake (100 BP)
Gary, Tropius: 210 HP
Sniz, Dusknoir: 0 HP
lilboo, Delibird: 700 HP
Emp, Salandit: 60 HP

Attack 2: Solar Beam (120 BP)
Lit, Raichu: 87 HP

Attack 3: Energy Ball (90 BP)
Gary, Tropius: 109 HP

Raid Challengers

MM, Mr. Mime: 300 HP [Fully recovered]
Lit, Raichu: 87 HP
SpinyShell, Kecleon: 300 HP [Fully recovered]
Gary, Tropius: 209 HP [Harvest trigger, Sitrus Berry restored]
Sniz, Dusknoir: 0 HP [Must sit out one round until fully recovered]
Yuki, Delibird: 500 HP [Dynamaxed, 1 turn]
Emp, Salandit: 60 HP

The flickering shields are shattered one by one as Raiders launch determined attacks, the splintering bulwarks clearly perturbing Rillaboom, who had now settled into a sombre, melancholic drawl. As the finally shield buckles, Custard takes their opportunity, lashing a raging torrent of wind at Rillaboom - but the pulsing energy enlarging their body falters soon after, causing the Delibird to shrink back to normal size. Far from letting this dissuade them, the Raiders continue to marshal, and finally Detox launches a raging effigy of flame. As this blow lands, Rillaboom has clearly had enough. His fur flushes with a verdant energy, and devastation soon comes. Marissa ins felled by an Earthquake, Lucas nearly follows as he is stricken by a consuming white beam. Finally Coco stands defiant, tanking an Energy Ball with aplomb before healing herself - and miraculously finding yet another Sitrus Berry.

Dynamax initiative: Expired

• You have until Friday, 18th December to place your order.
Old 12-16-2020, 07:18 AM   #48
Lil'twick
Insanity

Let's go with more Heat Wave (95 BP)

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 12-16-2020, 08:14 AM   #49