UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2021, 11:16 AM   #1
Lil'twick
Stardust
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Albion
Posts: 4,429
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Litwick Arcane Realm: Zone of Magic

THE ARCANE REALM

"The moment man devoured the fruit of knowledge, he sealed his fate... Entrusting his future to the cards, man clings to a dim hope. Yes, the Arcana is the means by which all is revealed..." Nyx Avatar (Persona 3)

Once a simple place where new trainers were sent to learn the basics of adventuring, with the vast changes to Fizzytopia the Arcane Realm seemed to have faded from existence. Though gone, it was never forgotten by the bitter trainers who were forced into spending what felt like years in that simplistic place. A place where no growth was truly given, and only stagnation existed. Yet, when the realm disappeared, all were freed from their restraints and truly allowed to begin anew.

Now, it seems that the Arcane Realm has resurfaced in Fizzytopia. Showing up where the old Arcane Realm use to be, this new one is vastly different then the one that the denizens of Fizzytopia are used to. Now truly a place of magic and mystery, it says the very land itself is influenced by the “cards”/ What these cards are, and what they refer to nobody particularly knows. The only thing that is certain, though, is that this Arcane Realm is teeming with life, and has infinite possibilities for adventure.


The Kingdom of Swords

Encompassing the entirety of the Arcane Realm, the Kingdom of Swords rules over those who make their residence in this mystical place. Though, the main part of the Kingdom is the castle of its ruler, and the small castle town and vast plains that surround it. It is also rumored an ancient tomb of the emperor that founded the Kingdom, which use to be a vast empire, is hidden deep within the castle. (Please respond in RoyalBlue)

0. Fool’s Path - The main road through out the Arcane Realm, it symbolizes the beginning of a journey and has many branching paths that are meant to symbolize life’s many paths. Many new trainers have tread this road, looking to see what adventure would unfold for them.

I. Magician’s Hamlet - The Castle Town, named for the power Court Magicians that made their workshops here, where it is said that all of its inhabitants are master craftsman and well known through the realm. Those that live here have been loyal to the Kingdom for Generations, and the beautiful buildings and rich populace show that even in it’s twilight years, the Kingdom is still prosperous.

II. High Priestess’s Cathedral - A large, gothic cathedral sitting atop a hill overlooking the Hamlet, it was said this place was built by a holy maiden with her bare hands to offer a place of refuge and respite for the poor and damned. Her charity and kindness has created a devout sect of nuns to her teachings, who look after and take care of her cathedral. Pilgrims from all over visit this place, looking for the sacred knowledge hidden in the texts and relics within the Cathedral.

III. Empress’s Garden - Within the castle walls lies a beautiful garden, said to be planted by the first Empress and continues to this day be tended by the queen and her servants. A variety of flora and fauna make their home here, and many of the kingdom’s artists and writers come here as a means for inspiration, and a small amphitheatre where plays are held is within the garden.

IV. Emperor’s Castle - The main castle itself, made of beautiful marble stone with blue spinnerets atop the towers. Despite its majesty, the Castle itself feels like a labyrinth for those unacquainted with it. After all, only the foyer, ballroom, and throne room are open to the general public, and the research labs, soldier and servant quarters, and even the royal family’s private quarters are often off limits. What secrets this castle has for the years it’s stood, it’s said only the King knows.

V. Hierophant's Crypt - The ancient resting place of the royal family, buried deep within the castle with an entrance for visitors to see from the Cathedral. While the Cathedral’s entrance is a tunnel with a statue of the great Sage-King known as the Hierophant, who turned the empire into the kingdom it is now today, it is said that there is an entrance in the Castle itself, revealing a vast catacomb of the royal dead, and royal riches. There are rumors among thieves that the statue at the Cathedral can also provide an entrance, but the information that lies here contains the history of the Arcane Realm as a whole, and is something only a brave few can learn.


The Forest of Wands


Once monikered the Forest of Adventure, the Forest of Wands has been changed and twisted by the surplus of magical energy flowing through the Arcane Realm. THe once simplistic woods are now a labyrinth where magic flows through the roots of the trees and a sense of dread and whimsy encompass all who enter. Though, it was possible that this was here the entire time, like everything else, and the deep magic that flows through these woods caused trainers to dream of the much more simplistic Arcane Realm. (Please reply in SeaGreen)

VI. Lover’s Grove - Named for the two giant oaks twisted around each other, said to be the eternal form of a princess and her commoner lover. Couples can commonly be seen coming here, sitting under the oaks and gazing into the small pond next to it. Various berries and flowers grow under these oaks, said to be the fruits of love. Yet, important life decisions are made here, and for a simplistic place there is often danger lurking about for the couples who venture here.

VII. Chariot Inn - An inn and tavern for travelers located at the mouth of the woods, named for being a common resting spot for knights on their patrols through the kingdom. Travelers from far and wide make their stop here, either preparing to brave the forest or just to experience the Arcane Realm in full. A variety a favors can be done here for those staying here, or it can serve as a stepping stone to travel into the woods. Though, it is ill-advised to leave the inn during the night. Grim things are said to happen.

VIII. Cave of Strength - Deep within the woods is a cave rumored to be filled with dangerous beasts. While the knights stay clear of this place, thieves, adventurers, and foolish children explore this place in hopes of trying to find treasure or just prove their mettle. Though, while the strong certainly prevail, there have been more than a few people who have gone missing within the cave. Some say a religious cult is to blame, others a demon. What really lurks there, though, is unknown.

IX. Hermit’s Mire - A swampy portion of the Forest, the mire his home to various hermits, lunatics, and other outcasts of society. A thick miasma hangs in the air, making it hard to breath and visibility not the best. What lurks within the putrid waters further cements this is a place people do not want to visit. However, it is said that those who embrace this place find enlightenment.

X. Fortune’s Woods - A place in the forest where the magical energy is at its most potent, forming a sort of myst that permeates the air. Everything from the trees to the wildlife here seem a bit out of this world, and it’s hard to predict what exactly will happen here. Some state that these woods even spin like a wheel, and depending on where the wheel is travelers will experience either good luck or bad luck. Whatever it is, this portion of the forest is filled with fun and whimsy.

XI. Grounds of Justice - A barren field, charred and stained in blood. Here war criminals were executed, heretics burned, and those affected by plague said to waste away. A statue of an angelic figure watches over these sacred grounds, guiding the dead towards enlightenment. Whether their deaths were just or not, they have tainted this land within the forest. The only thing that awaits here is grim fate, with scales in her left, and sword in her right, ready to guide the lost.


The City of Pentacles


A marvelous, extravagant city on the coast that serves as the Kingdom’s main mercantile capital. While the master craftsmen of the hamlet visit here to sell their wares, there are more than one way to make a quick buck in this city of money. Greed drives the people, and those seeking to become rich come here. Those these ambitions have not lead to good results. A dark underworld resides in this place, where the filth and muck are the last of a person’s worries. Striking gold is easy, losing your life is even easier. (Please Reply in LemonChiffon)

XII. The Hanged Man’s Plaza - A statue of a famed monk sits directly in the middle of the city’s main plaza, trying to remind the residents to practice restraint in terms of their greed. Flower beds and benches accompany this statue, and the poor and unlucky help tend to this place. In a place of greed, it feels off that a reminder to let go of things and make sacrifices for the better good is in place, but more happens at this tourist attraction then what meets the eye.

XIII. Death’s Yard - A vast graveyard on the outskirts of the city, where the dead are laid to rest. Those who have lost their lives to greed, disease, or misfortune make up the majority of those who now reside in this land of the end. Though, it can also symbolize a new beginning, and the small church presiding over the yard helps people restart their lives. Though, sometimes, the ghosts do it for them.

XIV. Island of Temperance - An island off the coast of the city, another tourist attraction for visitors to the city and the patrons to make money off of. It was once a temple where monks practiced their beliefs in order, and those that have defiled this sacred land are said to meet with a grisly fate. Though, the temple remains intact, even if it is slightly submerged now. Spelunkers try to find the treasure still hidden in the temple, and the treasure that has been lost under the waves. Weather land or sea, there is something for everyone at this island.

XV. The Devil’s Playground - The city’s slums, where the law doesn’t exist and drugs and crime run rampant all in the name of money. Addiction to money, drugs, and even bodily pleasure are common within the inhabitants, and the seedy dealings here are seen as a sort of wonderland for those who like that kind of lifestyle. Though even through the filth and muck, a beautiful lotus can bloom. Even here can some of the most valuable treasures be found.

XVI. The Tower - An ancient tower that has been in existence before the city was even built, it was an attempt to reach the heavens. Even if it’s now destroyed, it still towers over the city, and can be seen anywhere on the horizon in the Arcane Realm. Places like the Cloud Garden and New Fizz City can be seen from the top of this tower, and the halls within hold the history of the city and not only the shady dealings within this city, but also of the magic in world around it. It’s said, however, that the wisdom here is guarded by creatures of eld, and an elevator system is in place for tourists that want to see the view from the top.

0. Jester's Sepulcher [Shadow Area] - The end of the Fool's Path in the City of Pentacles. A tomb deep within the catacombs of the tower, this unholy grounds is the resting place of the Jester that almost destroyed the city. THe very air here can corrupt even the purest of hearts into madness.


The Land of Cups

Named for the small valleys and tall hills and mountains native to the region, forming almost natural cups, this is an almost verdant and fertile land. Despite the desert in the very north and the mountains nestled in, a large variety of life can be found here. The Land of Cups is the jewel of the Arcane Realm, and without it, the realm would be a lot more desolate. Luckily, there are preservation efforts to make sure this jewel doesn’t lose its shine. (Please respond in Plum

XVII. Desert of Stars - A small, arid desert at the northern tip of the Land of Cups, the Desert of Stars is named for the various meteorites found within this region. While more a dry, mountainous desert than a sandy one, sandstorms are still a common occurance here. Though, despite these conditions, explorers and treasure hunters flock to this region for the meteorites found here, and the rare Pokemon attracted to them. Some have even stated they’ve had some otherworldly experiences here.

XVIII. Lake of the Moon - The largest lake in the Land of Cups, this place is rich in aquatic life and is a very popular place for fishers. It’s said that this lake wanes and waxes with the phases of the moon, and that the lake acts strangely the closer it is to a full moon and a new moon. Some say during a New Moon, an ancient temple can be seen floating in the lake, but it is hard to verify if it exists there and the lake is too deep to safely explore. During a full moon, the aquatic life becomes incredibly hostile, and the legendary “King of the Lake” has been said to awaken and surface during this time.

XIX. Chalice of the Sun - The largest mountain in the Land of Cups, the Chalice of the Sun is famed for its snow-capped peak and magma chamber deep within. A dormant volcano that hasn’t erupted in eons, the Chalice is a symbol of life to the people. Mountain Climbers and Skiers enjoy the difficult trails and wonderful slopes that are on the mountain, and there is even a ski lift to the summit. At the summit is a small temple dedicated to the sun, built in the middle of a small caldera that was created when the Chalice first erupted. Meanwhile, at the base of the mountain is a deep tunnel system that allows explorers to reach the magma chamber of the Chalice. Across these walls are cave paintings, and relics of ages long past .

XX. Meadow of Judgement - Named for being one of the places where heretics and traitors were tried, the meadow has now grown out from that purpose and is a large place of life for small critters and flowers. The beautiful flowers provide food and shelter for a variety of Pokemon living there, and the feeling of magic is strong here. Mages can often be found here practicing their craft due to the large, powerful leyline within the Meadow. It is also said by the religious sect of the Arcane Realm is that this is where Judgement Day will commence, and all of the flowers here symbolize a soul that will be saved.

XXI. The World Tree - The supposed source of all magic in the Arcane Realm, the World Tree’s roots extend throughout the entire realm. Some believe it is the very thing binding the Arcane Realm together, and what allowed it to go through a such rapid change compared to when it last graced Fizzytopia. The locals often leave gifts for the tree at its base, where the creatures that call it home feast on and use. Though, the health of the tree has proven vital to the ecosystem of the Land of Cups, and that when the tree is in danger the desert grows and crops and life start to die. If not for the world tree, then the Arcane Realm itself will cease to exist.
__________________


If I had to leave to disappear and leave this world behind, no matter-
All I'd need is your smile
And I wouldn't even mind

Hawke | Leo


Last edited by Lil'twick; 05-29-2021 at 03:14 PM.
Lil'twick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 11:17 AM   #2
Lil'twick
Stardust
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Albion
Posts: 4,429
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Active Adventures: To be added
__________________


If I had to leave to disappear and leave this world behind, no matter-
All I'd need is your smile
And I wouldn't even mind

Hawke | Leo


Last edited by Lil'twick; 04-27-2021 at 01:43 AM.
Lil'twick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 01:42 AM   #3
Lil'twick
Stardust
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Albion
Posts: 4,429
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Ongoing Adventures

Missingo. Master
Spoiler: show

Adventure Start
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master, post: 6960038, member: 21823
"'...and found, to my surprise, that the unusually powerful wild Pokémon only made their home on the island's east coast, same as the strange creature I battled that day. Exactly what significance the eastern coast of Cinnabar holds to Missingno. is as yet uncertain, but my findings seem to indicate that there exists a direct correlation between the gathering of immensely powerful wild Pokémon and the presence of Missingno. and Pokémon like it.' Heh, you see now, Meowth?" Keith added with a grin as he closed his copy of Kanto Myths and Legends by Viridian Coffee and Anne Mewtruck, and stowed it safely back in his bag. The rumors of powerful Pokémon within this cave... Maybe, just maybe, it could mean..."

"...dat we's about to die?" Meowth supplied snarkily.

"Har har," Keith retorted. "I'm talking Missingno., Meowth. If there really is one to see in there..."

"Oh, yeah. Alls youse gots to do is fight yer way past Arceus only knows how many supa-strong Pokémon," Meowth rolled his eyes.

At this, Keith grinned. "You make it sound like a bad thing," was all he said before proceeding further onward towards the cave entrance. Though for all his recklessness and bravado, he nevertheless decided to play things a bit on the safe side, and produced a Luxury Ball off his belt, opening it up to unleash a powerful Ledian. "Stewie, I want you to keep your eyes out for signs of danger," Keith stated. "This cave's supposedly home to seriously dangerous beasts, and that could translate to some intense battles. You up for it?"

"Led Ledian!" Stewie declared firmly. Keith grinned, exchanged a fistbump with Stewie, and together they headed into the cave, Meowth still clinging to Keith's shoulder nervously.


Update 1
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyDrawsaLot, post: 6962350, member: 112934
Missingno. Master - After a small chat with your Meowth, fantasizing on the cave's contents, and sending out your Ledian, Stewie, for protection, you proceed into the cave. The cave is rather murky and black, but sunshine coming in from outside allows you to see. You hear whispers, and bug Pokemon are scuttling all over the walls. Stewie hovers beside you, his fists clenched and his gaze fixed, ready to defend you and Meowth from any threat.
As you go deeper and deeper inside, the light dims and dims. Then, a small flame is seen up ahead. You proceed towards it, but as you go, the flame disappears.

You find yourself in a small circular cave. There are two passageways, both lit at the end. Strange scratch like markings can be seen in the cave you are standing in the middle of. Two torches suddenly light up, and you see something on the wall. It is some sort of cave painting. In it is a picture of some powerful being, being worshipped by smaller underlings. In the next painting, the being is challenged by one underling. In the final painting, the being destroys the small underling with a wave of hand, which make the other underlings worship this being with more vigor.
You turn back to the two passageways. Suddenly, writing above the passageways light up.

The one on the left reads, "Many go in, one comes out. Many wish for strength, none thinks to doubt. Many feel prideful, many vain. But those that survive, will never be the same." Despite being a written inscription, a tone of ominousness can be felt. Deep in the left passageway, a roar echoes through.

The one on the right reads, "This is the easy way. Do not suspect. If you want strength, come here. Its for free!"
What do you do?


Reply 1
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master, post: 6968780, member: 21823
Further into the cave they ventured, and as they did so, the lighting dimmed more and more, as was to be expected the further away from the sunlight they got. Meowth clung to Keith's shoulder as best he could without extending his claws, a fact Keith was quite grateful for. Another thing he was grateful for was Stewie's presence- the Ledian was a powerful presence indeed, a former Shadow Pokémon, now purified and completely trustworthy, and easily one of Keith's strongest Pokémon. And not only was he strong, but Keith trusted him more than most to stay alert for potential danger- Stewie was Ginny's boyfriend, after all, Ginny being Keith's paranoid Pawniard and the self-appointed security for the Poisonous Palace, no doubt she'd have taught him more than a little about these sorts of things.

"What the..." Keith murmured. As the darkness had intensified to its worst levels yet, a flame flickered into view up ahead. But as he made to pursue it, it went out. Still, he proceeded in that direction. It wasn't much to go on, but right now, he'd take "not much" over "literally nothing." And sure enough, that paid off as they came to a small chamber. Two passageways sat before them, both illuminated at their respective ends. And as they tried to look around, their search was made quite easier by the presence of a pair of torches that lit up out of nowhere. The better for them to examine the cave paintings they could now see.

"Dey seem ta tell a story," Meowth murmured. "Some powerful bein', worshiped by its undalings... one o' dem challenges da bein'... and g-gets destroyed... and... and da othas just worship it more vigorously..."

"Sickening," Keith spat. "Some self-proclaimed god, no doubt, ruling by fear alone... where have we heard that before, hmm?"

"Yeah, dat sounds like Mt. Aduro all ova again," Meowth murmured. "I seriously hopes yer wrong, though."

"You and me both," Keith stated.

Stewie, meanwhile, was reading the inscriptions above the entrance to each passageway. "Led. Ledian!" he called over to Keith.

Keith approached. "Stewie, what do you got?" he asked. When Stewie, by way of an answer, pointed up at the writing, Keith began to read. "...huh," he murmured. "OK. Left one's seriously ominous, and the roaring I can hear from that direction doesn't exactly help. But the right one seems like a painfully obvious trap."

"Dunno how much pain'll be involved, though, since wateva's roarin' its head off ain't dat way," Meowth chimed in.

But Keith was shaking his head. "You remember that one chamber in Mt. Aduro?" he asked quietly. "That way didn't seem too dangerous either... not until the Heatmor started breathing in the toxic fumes from the hundreds of dead-"

"Alright, I get it, don't even say it," Meowth interrupted, looking nauseated at the very memory.

Keith nodded and said no more on that matter, and gladly so. It was bad enough he'd still sometimes see that grisly corridor in his nightmares without having to give it any real estate in his waking thoughts. Eugh. No thanks. "Alright... Both ways seem suspicious in their own ways," he stated. "The left path is a lot more obvious about it, the right path... well, common sense seems to dictate that it'd be a trap... But then, Meowth, what if that roaring..."

"...is a Missingno.," Meowth groaned, finishing the sentence exactly the way Keith had intended to. "Oy... and dat's wat we's really here fer ta see, ain't it?"

"Ledi..." Stewie murmured.

Keith turned to Stewie. "Stewie," he said. "We're taking the left path. We're expecting danger, and we'll need to respond appropriately should danger arise. You ready?"

At this, Stewie saluted his Trainer. "Led Ledian!" he declared.

Keith grinned, exchanging a fistbump with the former Shadow Pokémon. "Knew I could count on you. Alright, let's get moving, and be ready for action at the first sign of danger." Meowth and Stewie did not need to be told twice. As Keith started down the left passageway, Meowth was peering ahead, intent on putting his superior feline eyesight to good use, while Stewie was all set to set up Reflect or Light Screen at a moment's notice, whichever would be the bigger help. Both, even, if it seemed necessary.


Update 2
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyDrawsaLot, post: 6970051, member: 112934
Missingno. Master - After deciding that the right cave was a clear trap, and the left a fair-ish gamble, you proceed down the left one. Its a slightly tight squeeze, with black, slimy walls, moss clumps everywhere, and small insectoid Pokemon crawling on the walls. As you keep going through, the light coming from the end of the cave grows brighter, and brighter, and brighter, until, Boom! The light disappears. Then, the moss on the cave walls suddenly begin to glow in a beautiful show of bioluminescence.
They grow bright blues, deep purple, and slightly ominous greens. You proceed down the cave, led by the glowing moss, then you stop. You hear a loud shrill scream, then a roar, and then lastly a crashing sound. Then, the bioluminescent moss stops glowing, then torches at the end of the cave light up.
As you proceed to the end of the cave, you reach a large clearing. A rocky pedestal sits in the middle. As you walk up to it, you see a small, shiny, rhombus-shaped stone. It was teal, and a carving of a dragon wing was inside of it.
Stones begin to glitter around you, all of them similar in shape to the one on the pedestal. Reds, blues, yellows, and greens shine everywhere, and all seem fresh for the picking.
As you look at the stones, you hear loud thudding on the ground. The ground is shaking and trembling, pebbles jumping, and then the glittering stones dim, before blacking out entirely.
Out of nowhere, three Pokemon appear, running in from a cave adjacent to the pedestal. One is a Kommo-o, another a Druddigon, and the last a Salamence. They seem very angry, and are ready to attack. The Salamence seems to be the leader, standing ahead of the other two. Kommo-o's left hand is super-charged with electricity, Salamence's mouth is emitting smoke, and Druddigon's head takes on a metallic sheen.

Kommo-o, Salamence, and Druddigon want to battle!

What do you do?


Reply 2
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master, post: 6970320, member: 21823
The left path led to the source of the roaring. The right path, an obvious trap. Neither one seemed like a particularly good option, but if Keith was to get anywhere in this place, he had to go with the lesser of two evils, and a tough battle was always a chance he was good with taking. It wasn't the roomiest of paths, but Keith wasn't too bothered by this. The slimy walls didn't bother him much- we're talking about a man who regularly hugs his Muk and Garbodor here. Keith pressed onward, doing his best to ignore Meowth's nervous chuckling. The light at the end of the tunnel got brighter... and brighter... until...!

...it... went... out?

But then! Keith's eyes lit up as the walls did the same- the moss on the walls glowed in a seriously cool selection of colors. "Whoa..." he and Meowth breathed simultaneously.

"Lediiiii..." Stewie added, likewise awestruck by this.

Before long, however, the moss stopped glowing, and torches in the walls lit up seemingly of their own volition. And that's when Keith saw it- a clearing, and a rocky pedestal in the center. And on that rocky pedestal was a most unmistakable shape.

"Is dat a Z-Crystal?" Meowth whispered.

"I think it is!" Keith murmured. "And look!" he added- for indeed, the one Keith supposed had to be a Dragonium Z was not alone. There were numerous stones glittering all around, all of them in most distinctive shapes. "Z-Crystals? All of these?

At that moment, however, the ground had started shaking. Slightly at first, but with progressively increasing intensity, as though something... as though something was coming.

"...dat can't be good," whimpered Meowth.

Indeed, a trio of large, angry dragons came barreling in. One of them, their evident leader, was a Salamence, a species Keith knew of pretty well. Another one was a Druddigon- Keith knew that species arguably even better, as he owned one himself. The third looked vaguely familiar- Keith had never seen this type of Pokémon before, but felt as though he may have seen a pre-evolution? He whipped out his Pokédex, intent on getting an answer and getting it fast.

"Kommo-o, the Scaly Pokémon. A Dragon and Fighting-type, and the evolved form of Hakamo-o," droned the device. "Kommo-o threatens enemies by jingling the scales on its tail, battling only those who stand strong in response. Armor was made from its scales in the distant past."

"Ahh, so that's what it evolves into," Keith remarked, putting away his Pokédex. "A trio of Dragon-types, huh? We can handle these!" he grinned. "Meowth, I choose-"

"Pass," Meowth interrupted flatly.

"Oh, fine then," Keith said, rolling his eyes. "Stewie, what say you?"

"Led ledi! Ledian!" Stewie responded confidently, turning to face the Salamence.

"Nice," Keith grinned. "But you're gonna need some backup, no doubt- WAH!" For at that moment, the Fast Ball on Keith's belt burst open, the modified Wht Apricorn unleashing its electric rodent occupant out into the open. "Anion!?" Keith exclaimed as his Minun materialized. "You up for this?"

Anion gave a confident smirk. "Mai mai, mai mai!" she declared, looking up fearlessly at the Kommo-o.

Keith chuckled. "Hard to argue with spirit like that," he shrugged. "And as for the Druddigon," he added, plucking the Poison Ball off his belt and enlarging it. "Aster, let's go!" he declared, throwing the sphere forward. And in a flash of light, accompanied by a sparkly swirl of sapphire stars, a Shiny Toxapex materialized, looking shy as ever, but as it occurred to her that she was in a battle, Aster started to look more determined. "Ready to go?" Keith called.

"Tox! Toxapex!" nodded Aster.

"Then here we go!" Keith declared. "Stewie, use Light Screen, then hit that Salamence with your Ice Punch! Anion, meet Kommo-o's attack head-on with Nuzzle, then follow up with Acrobatics! Aster, use Baneful Bunker to stop Druddigon's attack and follow up with Venoshock! He grinned, knowing all three of his Pokémon would see their Abilities come into play here- Stewie's Ice Punch was gonna be delivered with a forceful Iron Fist; Anion's Volt Absorb would make Kommo-o's Thunder Punch completely useless; and once Baneful Bunker ensured Druddigon's own Iron Head got it poisoned, Aster's attacks would be delivered in a particularly Merciless fashion.


Update 3
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyDrawsaLot, post: 6970497, member: 112934
[COLOR=rgb(65, 168, 95)]Missingno. Master - Stewie quickly set up a Light Screen, then flew at Salamence, frost collecting on its fist. Salamence braced for the attack, then released a mix of both Flamethrower and a Dragon Pulse on the incoming Ledian, the energy forming a dragon shape, and the fire cloaking it, making the attack be much more powerful, and completely neutralizing Stewie's Ice Punch attack, and blasting him backwards, slamming into the cave wall behind. Salamence then stood in place, performing a Dragon Dance, which powered up its strength and speed.

Both you and Anion were very sure that her Volt Absorb ability would neutralize Kommo-o's attack, but you would soon be very disappointed. As Anion and Kommo-o's fist collided, Anion was about to absorb the electricity, only to be stopped by an energy surge coming from Druddigon's left fist, which deactivated her Ability! Druddigon had broken the mold. Kommo-o then struck Anion with his fist, before spinning quickly and smacking Anion with a Dragon Tail. The attack had the ability to send Pokemon into their Pokeballs, which was exactly what happened to Anion. Dissipating into red energy, she quickly retreated into the same Fast Ball clipped to your belt. Kommo-o stumbled slightly, due to the paralysis caused by the Nuzzle attack.

Druddigon, similar to its leader, blasted a Flamethrower from its mouth at Aster, disabling its Baneful Bunker, then it went in for an Iron Head, taking the Venoshock head on, while doing damage.

These Pokemon were absurdly complex for wild ones, perhaps they weren't at all?[/COLOR]


Reply 3
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master, post: 6970695, member: 21823
[COLOR=rgb(65, 168, 95)]The battle began, and very quickly did not go at all as Keith was expecting. Salamence let loose an impressive combination of Dragon Pulse and Flamethrower, cancelling out Stewie's Ice Punch completely, before going into a Dragon Dance. But it was Anion's predicament that threw Keith for a loop as the Thunder Punch landed! "WHAT?!" Keith exclaimed. "But how- she has Volt Absorb!"

"Look at da Druddigon!" Meowth exclaimed, pointing a paw at the pure Dragon-type. "I tink it's got Mold Breaka!"

"But that should only affect whatever it's attacking!" Keith spluttered. "Wha- Mold Breaker doesn't work like that!"

"Evidently it does," Meowth shrugged.

"Gah..." Keith groaned. At that moment, Kommo-o landed a Dragon Tail, sending Anion hurtling right back into her Fast Ball. At the same time, Druddigon burned through the Baneful Bunker with Flamethrower before actually landing the Iron Head- Venoshock didn't do nearly as much as it ought to have done since Druddigon didn't get poisoned.

"Dese are some tough opponents," Meowth remarked.

"You don't say," Keith grunted. Then, however, his face lit up with a grin. "...you don't say!" he repeated, sounding highly interested. "Tough Pokémon, abnormally so- exactly the sort of Pokémon you'd find hanging around where a Missingno. would call home! Oh, I can't give up now!" He reached for the balls on his belt and plucked off the Fast Ball. "Anion! One more time!" he exclaimed, sending his Minun right back out.

"Mai maaiiii!" Anion exclaimed. She glared at the Kommo-o, decidedly not amused with its use of Dragon Tail earlier.

"Let's play it smart this time!" Keith declared. "Aster, go for Wide Guard! Anion, use Helping Hand! Stewie, use Shadow Rave!"[/COLOR]


Update 4
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyDrawsaLot, post: 6989823, member: 112934
[COLOR=rgb(65, 168, 95)]Missingno. Master - After your surprise at the Cartoon Physics of Mold Breaker, you remarked that these were unnaturally strong Pokemon, so the cave must house some strong creatures, including a Missingno. You decided to play differently this time, commanding Aster to set up a Wide Guard, which protected your Pokemon, and Anion gave Stewie a Helping Hand, performing multiple quick movements, releasing an electric pulse, which powered Stewie up. Stewie tapped into his Shadow powers, dark spikes erupting from the ground and striking all three opponents.

Kommo-o performed a Clangorous Soul, raising all its stats, and Druddigon Tormented Aster, which cancelled any chances of him using Wide Guard again. Salamence just stood here, menacingly. Then, a stone on the wall glittered, light shining onto Salamence's neck. The light slowly intensified, as Salamence was enveloped by a purple energy, as a Mega sign appeared above it. Salamence had Mega Evolved!

By then, the Wide Guard had wore off, so Salamence went in for a huge strike on Stewie, the recoil from it making the attack a Double-Edged sword, and Salamence's flying mastery seemed to Aerilate the attack, dealing more Flying damage than Normal damage, which wasn't exactly good.[/COLOR]


Reply 4
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master, post: 6993617, member: 21823
[COLOR=rgb(65, 168, 95)]Keith grinned as Stewie landed a powerful blow. The Ledian wasn't the fondest of anything what that reminded him of his time as a Shadow Pokémon, but such unease was generally put to rest by reassurance that he was using these powers for good. And right now, taking down these daunting dragons definitely qualified.

But that alone wasn't doing the trick. The enemies weren't doing anything that would run afoul of Wide Guard, and Kommo-o was performing an odd move that seemed to power it up and harm it simultaneously. Keith consulted his Pokédex for some sort of an explanation.

"Kommo-o's special attack- Clangorous Soul," said the Pokédex. "It powers itself up at the cost of hit points."

"Oof, that's not good," Keith remarked.

"....it just got even worse," Meowth squeaked, spotting it at the same time Keith did- one of the stones on the wall shining onto Salamence's neck. And then, Salamence made a transformation, one Keith never would have believed of a wild Pokémon- it Mega Evolved!

"...that's even more not good!" Keith exclaimed.

"Ya tink?!" Meowth retorted.

And then, Mega Salamence attacked- a powerful, forceful, super effective Double-Edge, aimed right at Stewie! Yes, super effective- now Mega Evolved, Salamence had Aerilate, which meant its Normal moves were now Flying moves, and the Ledian took major damage!

Keith had to think, and think fast- these Dragon-types were looking like less and less of a joke, and he didn't take them for a joke to begin with. And now, one of them was able to freaking Mega Evolve in the wild?!

"Wh-wh-wat do we do?" Meowth squeaked.

Keith did not say anything just yet, regarding the trio of Dragon-types warily. Then, his expression changed from wary to determined. He stood up straight, and adjusted the brim of his Mega Hat. "We fight back harder," he stated. He turned to his Shiny Toxapex and held out the Poison Ball. "Return now, Aster!" he declared, withdrawing the Poison/Water-type. "You were great," Keith murmured to the ball as he minimized it in his hand. "Don't you worry, we got this." He placed the Poison Ball back on his belt and in its place plucked off a regular Poké Ball. "Alright- Chuck, I choose you!" Keith declared, hurling the sphere forward from which his Gengar emerged. Grinning, Chuck said nothing, and merely glanced around at his surroundings and adversaries, taking particular notice of the Mega Salamence with no Trainer around.

"...I think I'm correct in assuming we're to go all out?" the Gengar finally inquired, impish grin still in place.

Keith gave a nod and a grin of his own. "That you are," he confirmed. "Now, Chuck!" he added, gripping the brim of his Mega Hat. "Emerge from the shadows, and make those shadows yours to control!" With that, he swept the Mega Hat off his head and held it up high. "Mega Evolve!!!" he declared.

At once, three tendrils of energy erupted from the Gengarite set into Chuck's headband, while another three erupted from the Key Stone set into Keith's iconic cowboy hat. These tendrils of energy connected in midair, linking Key Stone to Gengarite- linking Keith to Chuck. And completely in sync with his Trainer, Chuck underwent a magnificent transformation, submerging his laughable legs beneath the cave floor as a third eye opened on the forehead of the ![/COLOR]



[COLOR=rgb(65, 168, 95)]Now armed with a spunky and confident Minun, a powerful and loyal Ledian, and now a Mega Gengar, Keith looked more ready than ever before. Even Meowth seemed to be calming down somewhat.

"Let's do this!" Keith declared. "Anion, take the Kommo-o! Magnet Rise, in the air, circle around and around it, and strike with Acrobatics when you see an opening!"

"Mai mai!" Anion nodded, already getting ready to float into the air by way of electromagnetic energy.

"Stewie, stay on the Salamence!" Keith added, now addressing his Ledian. "Fly circles around it with Agility, and strike with Ice Punch when an opening presents itself!"

"Led, ledi!" nodded Stewie, all set to start moving.

"Chuck, that leaves you and Druddigon for the moment," Keith stated. "Bulk Up, then Ice Punch! Don't worry," he added, correctly interpreting the Gengar's momentary hesitation. "It doesn't have Rough Skin, it has Mold Breaker."

"Ah, well, then!" grinned Chuck as he started to Bulk himself Up like the Machop he was when he was alive. "Let's get this party started, shall we?"[/COLOR]


Update 5
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyDrawsaLot, post: 7015965, member: 112934
[COLOR=rgb(65, 168, 95)]Missingno. Master - Realizing you are outclassed at the moment, you recall your Shiny Toxapex, then decide on fighting fire with fire, sending out your Gengar, and commanding its Mega Evolution. Anion quickly rose like a magnet, heading straight for Kommo, then performing Acrobatics around it. Stewie did something similar, speeding towards Salamence with acute Agility, and then striking with a frosty Ice Punch.

Chuck finally Bulked Up, then threw an Ice Punch of his own. With the trio of attacks, the three Pokemon slowly dissipated into thin air, as if they were holograms, or a figment of your imagination!

A voice boomed through the entire cave, shaking the walls and pebbles on the ground trembling, saying, You have done well to pass your first test. But, this is only the beginning. Claim your reward.

You reach your hand forward, but out of nowhere, an odd sense of foreboding zips through your veins, as in you shouldn't dare touch the Z-Crystal.

Ahead of you, there are three separate passageways. One has moss all around it, and vines block the mouth of the cave, but can easily be brushed aside. The second seems bright and shiny, but looking through will see a sheer drop, into the rushing aquatic rapids below. The last cave is lined with glittering crystals, but unlike the cave you are already in, the crystals are not diamond-shaped, but spherical, with many colors inside.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgb(65, 168, 95)]What do you do?[/COLOR]


Reply 5
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master, post: 7016315, member: 21823
[COLOR=rgb(65, 168, 95)]Keith grinned with confidence renewed as his Pokémon went in to attack, Anion targeting Kommo-o with a super effective Flying move, Stewie unleashing a forceful Ice Punch upon the Mega Salamence, and Chuck, Mega Evolved, also going for an Ice Punch on the Druddigon. Keith expected these to land forceful hits that would turn the tide of the battle. What he didn't expect was for these attacks to make the targets outright disappear! "Wat da-?!" Meowth exclaimed.

"What just happened?!" Keith said at the same time as Meowth's outburst.

As if in response, a booming voice echoed throughout the cave, congratulating Keith on passing his first test, but warning him that it was just the beginning. It then invited him to claim his reward. However, as Keith reached for the Z-Crystal, he shuddered. "Wat is it?" Meowth asked.

"Ugggh... I dunno," Keith admitted, pulling his hand back. "It's... it's like I... I dunno, there's this weird feeling. Like... Like I shouldn't touch that Z-Crystal for some reason."

"Dat don't make no sense ta me," Meowth remarked. "But if yer sure enough dat yer gonna pass up a Z-Crystal, youse must really mean business."

"Glad you understand," Keith nodded. Instead of focusing on the Z-Crystal, he instead looked at the way forward. Or... ways. Plural. There were three possible paths. One was overgrown with moss, and the entrance was covered in vines. Easily brushed aside, though, Keith figured. Nothing seemed too particularly dangerous about that. The next one was a bit harder to see, with an interior bright and shiny enough that Keith didn't even need to look to his side to see that Meowth was entranced by it. However, Keith snapped his fingers in Meowth's face, breaking the trance. "Look past the shininess," Keith advised the Normal-type.

"Wat do ya- oh. Ohhhh, "Meowth murmured, seeing what Keith saw- namely, the sudden sheer drop that sounded like it led right into the rapids. Keith chuckled as the Scratch Cat Pokémon looked determinedly away- Meowth hated getting wet. "Alright, so, dat leaves, wat?"

"That one with the moss and the vines and that one with the multicolored... spherical... gemstones?" Keith murmured, realizing what he was potentially seeing. "You thinking what I'm thinking, Meowth?"

"Dat dey's spherical?" Meowth replied.

"Very much so," Keith nodded. "Now, when you think multicolored spherical gemstones, there anything in particular that comes to mind?"

"Mega Stones," Meowth responded almost immediatel.

"Damn right," Keith nodded. "I think, therefore, you know which way we're going."

Chuck, Stewie, and Anion approached Keith, the Gengar no longer Mega Evolved. "Mega Stones, hmm?" remarked the Gengar. "Well, obviously they're no concern of mine, but I know a few teammates of mine who would be quite interested."

"Heh, don't I know it," Keith grinned. "Chuck, Anion, Stewie, nice work, all of you," he added.

"But of course," the Gengar grinned back.

"Mai mai!" Anion declared proudly.

"Ledian!" grinned Stewie.

"Alright, then, Chuck, Anion, take a good rest," Keith added, producing Chuck's Poké Ball and Anion's Fast Ball. "Stewie, you still good to go, just in case? We don't know what else lies ahead."

"Ledi," nodded Stewie.

While Chuck went back into his ball without fuss, Anion wasn't planning on doing likewise. The Minun deftly dodged the recall beam, then climbed up Keith's clothing, coming to rest on his previously unoccupied shoulder, the one Meowth wasn't occupying. "Mai mai, mai mai!" she declared.

Keith chuckled. He knew by this point that there really was no forcing Anion to do what she didn't want to do. "Fair enough, all right," he conceded. "Just keep a sharp eye out, alright? We don't know what we're up against next."

"Maiiiiiinun!" Anion nodded. With this agreed upon, Stewie led the way on to the passageway lined with multicolored spherical gemstones. Keith followed close behind, his Meowth and Minun on his shoulders.[/COLOR]


Reply 6
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyDrawsaLot, post: 7016472, member: 112934
[COLOR=rgb(65, 168, 95)]Missingno. Master - After assessing the trio of cave passageways, you decide on the glittering stones, recalling your Gengar, you proceed down the earthen corridor. The rocks are jagged, jutting out at all sides, clearly requiring a careful person to traverse. The stones embedded in the cave walls glittered, providing miniscule light. The corridor is rather short, and, upon reaching the end, you feel the rumble again, this time much more than before, your feet shaking, then you hear the voice again.

You chose this cave despite all the dangers in it? You have proven yourself once more. Let your test begin.

Right as the voice finished speaking, three stones began to shine, outdoing the ones around it. One stone was pure white, with red and white stripes, the next blue, with pink and yellow stripes, and the last one pink, with cream and red stripes.

Go ahead! Pick one!

As you reach your hand out, the sense of foreboding that came from the Z-Crystal returns, yet stronger this time, despite the beckoning sense of the disembodied voice.

Maybe this was all a trick?
Maybe this was a test of greed?[/COLOR]


Reply 6
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master, post: 7016788, member: 21823
[COLOR=rgb(65, 168, 95)]There was that voice again! As Keith had made it through the corridor full of glittering stones (which were a lot more jagged than Keith had initially believed), that booming voice echoed throughout the cave, commending him on picking such a dangerous cave. The test, it seemed, was to begin.

And begin it did! A trio of stones started to shine before Keith, each with a differing color scheme. One was pure white with red and white stripes; one was blue with pink and yellow stripes; and the last was pink with cream and red stripes.

"Are dey... Mega Stones?" Meowth breathed.

"Maiiiinun," Anion murmured wonderingly.

"Lediiii," Stewie added, admiring the spherical stones.

"It seems like it," Keith replied in a hushed tone." He reached his hand out, but almost immediately pulled it back- there it was again, that sense of foreboding of unknown origin, the same as he'd felt when reaching for the Z-Crystal! What was this?! "Gah," he murmured. "I'm feeling it again, Meowth... something's telling me I shouldn't touch any of these."

"Oh, fer cryin' out loud, den wat is ya supposed ta do?!" Meowth exclaimed in exasperation.

"I dunno, but it can't involve touching one of those stones," Keith stated firmly.

"Well, apparently ya gotta," Meowth stated. "Da voice said pick one."

"Yeah..." Keith murmured. "That is what the voice said, isn't it? Pick one. Pick one. Didn't say I had to touch one, just that I had to select one."

"Ohh, I see wat yer gettin' at," Meowth purred. "Alright. Dat makes sense."

Keith turned to his Minun and Ledian for their opinions. Anion shrugged and nodded, while Stewie simply nodded. And that was good enough for Keith. He reached out with his hand yet again, but this time not to touch one of the stones, but rather to point at one. Specifically, the blue one with the pink and yellow stripes. "I pick this one," Keith stated, hoping the voice would respond to this. Hoping even more that said response wouldn't screw them all.[/COLOR]


Update 7
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyDrawsaLot, post: 7017551, member: 112934
[COLOR=rgb(65, 168, 95)]Missingno. Master - Quickly thinking, you decide that you can just point at one, instead of touching it. As you point out a finger towards the blue one, the voice booms through the cave again, this time more reserved and quiet.

You are smarter than I expected. Tell me, why did you come here? For fame? Gifts? Any humans who came her were fueled by greed, and I hope a great trainer such as yourself is an exception to that.

As the voice stopped talking, your attention is drawn back to the Mega Stones. The other two, the Scizorite and Audinite, seemed to melt! The color dripped off of them, slowly collecting into puddles on the floor. The pair of puddles slowly rose, forming the figures of the two Pokemon in their Mega Forms. The third stone, the one you picked, is quickly "swallowed" by the cave wall, the earthen wall covering it up entirely.

Test your strength once more. Meanwhile, you will be subjected to my other tests, not just requiring physical strength, but mental as well.

Scizor repeatedly snapped its two pincers, as they gained a metallic sheen, as it prepared a Bullet Punch, which was sure to hit very hard, as Mega Scizors are always known as great Technicians. Audino sang a discordant cacophony, using her Hyper Voice, directing the sound waves towards the formerly Shadow Ledian in front of her. [/COLOR]


Reply 7
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master, post: 7017803, member: 21823
OOC: Just a minor note, that's former Shadow Ledian. That part of Stewie's life is firmly behind him.

[COLOR=rgb(65, 168, 95)]As it turned out, Keith picking apart the possible meanings of "pick one" was the right move to make. The voice sounded, albeit quieter than before, commending Keith on his intelligence. The voice then inquired as to why Keith had come here in the first place.

And Keith had to think about that. Part of him wanted to find out if this cave and its legends of powerful Pokémon had any connection to Pokémon like Missingno. Not even for any sort of personal gain- this sort of thing was simply of great personal interest to him. Another part of him wanted to come here for the chance to prove his strength as a Trainer, something he seldom, if ever, passed up an opportunity to do. Truthfully, any sort of personal gain (beyond maybe helping his Pokémon get even stronger, if one could even count that) simply hadn't occurred to him.

He said nothing for the moment, but as the voice expressed a hope that a great Trainer such as him would not be fueled by greed, he nodded. But if he was about to add anything more verbal to that response, he didn't get his chance- the Mega Stones before him melted away! Well, two of them did- the one he'd picked, was seemingly swallowed into the cave wall, while the other two melted into weird puddles on the floor. And then from those puddles formed a pair of Pokémon, likely the ones corresponding to whatever Mega Stones they were. A connection made all the more clear by the fact that they were both Mega Evolved!

Keith grinned as the voice invited him to test his strength once more, and added that he would be subjected to other tests as well. "I'm more than up for the challenge," Keith stated. "Mega Scizor and Mega Audino, hmm?" he remarked, sizing up the pair of powerful opponents.

Anion stood up on Keith's shoulder. "Mai mai!" she declared.

"Hold on there, Anion," Keith said quickly, plucking a Poké Ball off his belt. "I want this guy to get in on the action. Don't worry- I'm more than willing to bet you'll get your chance later on," he grinned.

"Mai..." grumbled Anion, but the Minun obligingly stayed put.

Keith nodded. "Thank you," he stated. "Alrighty, then!" he added, clicking the button to bring the ball to full size, before throwing it forward. "Dennis, let's go!" he declared.

In a flash of light, the ball burst open, and a big, bulky creature materialized with a magnificent flower on his back. "SAAAAAAAUR!" roared the Venusaur.

"Led ledi!" Stewie exclaimed. He'd been quick to try and set up a Light Screen before the Hyper Voice hit, and whether or not he'd managed to do so in time, he'd made the effort nonetheless. And seeing Dennis being sent out, the Ledian knew who he was almost certainly going to go up against, and thus turned to the Mega Scizor who was readying a Bullet Punch.

"Let's do it!" Keith declared. "Stewie, use Swords Dance, and follow up with Fire Punch! Dennis, you take the Audino! Use Toxic, then Venoshock, and follow up with Shadow Storm!"

"Ledian!"

"Venusaaaaur!"[/COLOR]


Update 8
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyDrawsaLot, post: 7018052, member: 112934
(I fixed it)
[COLOR=rgb(65, 168, 95)]Missingno. Master - After accessing the situation, you send out a third Pokemon, telling your Minun to stay behind. This was your Venusaur, Dennis. Stewie had tried a Light Screen, but it was futile in the end, as Audino's Hyper Voice was hyper-discordant. Stewie, following your commands, stood, or, well, flew, in place, swords materializing around it, dancing in a co-ordinated set of moves, powering up Stewie's attack. Scizor quickly went in for its attack, lunging forward, clashing with Stewie's Fire Punch. They struggled for a few moments, before Stewie was overpowered by the Mega Scizor, who, after pushing Stewie's fist aside, made a quick swipe across his face. Audino took the Toxic, but seemed to not be affected by it at all! Mega Audino were potent Healers! Therefore, Venoshock was weaker than likely intended, but it still did some decent damage as it was a super effective move. Venusaur then shot off a Shadow Storm, but it was neutralized by Mega Audino's Blizzard. The two wind-based moves clashed, canceling each other out, but since one was coming from a Mega Evolved Pokemon, and the other coming from a non-Shadow Pokemon, the Blizzard slightly prevailed over the other, although all it did was just pelt Venusaur with ice crystals. Audino then went for a Psyshock, levitating tiny pebbles, then making them plummet towards Venusaur.

So you are not fueled by pride? That is good. You must win this battle to claim your prize, and there will be even tougher battles to come, young Trainer, so do not let yourself relax.[/COLOR]


Reply 8
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master, post: 7018800, member: 21823
[COLOR=rgb(65, 168, 95)]The Light Screen wasn't set up in time, but Stewie wasted no time on his next move, a Swords Dance. However, Mega Scizor was able to overpower Stewie and land a powerful blow with Bullet Punch! Moreover, Mega Audino was able to cure itself of the poisoning like the skilled Healer that it was! Venoshock was super effective, but nowhere near as potent as Keith had been hoping. And then Shadow Storm was cancelled out by Blizzard, though Blizzard won out ever so slightly, pelting Dennis with a few ice crystals. And then came the Psyshock, another super effective blow, and this time with nothing to block it!

And Keith sought to fix this. The voice stated he had to win this fight if he wanted to claim a prize, but even if that hadn't been the case, he was still determined to win. His Pokémon were strong, even the Meowth and Minun on his shoulders sitting out this battle, and he knew it, they could do this! "Dennis! Skull Bash!" Keith called out at once.

"Saaaaaur," rumbled Dennis, lowering his head and assuming a stance that both prepared him for the powerful technique he was preparing and also boosted his Defense. Psyshock was technically a special attack, but it was the target's Defense that mattered here. Not only was Dennis gonna take less damage from his attack, but he'd also follow up with a mighty physical blow!

Keith turned to Stewie at this point. "Alright, Stewie, let's even the odds a bit. Flash, let's go!" he grinned.

"Led ledi!" Stewie responded, preparing to shine blinding light into the Scizor's eyes. Wouldn't be nearly as threatening if it couldn't see what it was doing, after all.

"After that, same tactic as with the Salamence- we outmaneuver with Agility, and Fire Punch when you have an opening!" Keith declared. Then, back to Dennis. "OK, Dennis, after this, follow up with Sludge, then pin it to the ground with a Body Slam!"

"Venusaur," Dennis growled in agreement as he charged up his Skull Bash.[/COLOR]


Update 9
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyDrawsaLot, post: 7019017, member: 112934
[COLOR=rgb(65, 168, 95)]Missingno. Master - You command your Pokemon once more, this time with a more full out approach than before. Stewie Flashed light towards Scizor, hoping to blind it, only for Scizor to cross both hands across his face, coating its pincers with metal again, reflecting the light back at Ledian, blinding the Five Star Pokemon! Stewie then tried to carry out its other commands, trying to use Agility to maneuver around Scizor's multiple X-Scissors and Night Slashes. Since he was partly blinded by the Flash attack, Stewie ended up smashing into the wall, which gave Scizor a chance to strike Stewie with an Aerial Ace!

Dennis buckled down, readying a Skull Bash, raising its Defense. Audino chuckled at this, then fired a Flamethrower from her left hand, straight at Dennis as he came in for the Skull Bash! The sheer intensity of the stream of fire caused Dennis to get burnt! Audino's eyes then glowed blue, using a Psychic to levitate the Sludge out of the way and directly towards Stewie! She then used that same attack to levitate Dennis into the air then threw him at the wall, directly for Stewie!

But the show of power wasn't over yet. Pebbles and boulders all around you rumbled as they rolled together in between the two Pokemon, eventually structuring themselves into a Steelix! And, of course, the Steelix quickly Mega Evolved! As you stood there, gazing at this all, Steelix slammed his tail into the ground, causing Stones to Edge out of the ground directly towards you![/COLOR]


Reply 9
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master, post: 7019131, member: 21823
[COLOR=rgb(65, 168, 95)]Well, then. It was almost comical how majorly Keith's strategies were falling apart. Almost comical, but not quite. The reflective metal of Scizor's pincers reflected the light back at Stewie, hitting him with his own Flash, and Dennis's Skull Bash was met with a Flamethrower that, of course, burned him. Not only that, Stewie ended up plowed into the wall as a result of his partial blindness, and Mega Audino, using Psychic, was looking to hit Stewie with Dennis's Sludge, as well as Dennis himself! "OK, hell, no," Keith declared, holding out the Luxury Ball and Poké Ball. "Stewie, Dennis, return!" he called, the recall beams calling back his Ledian and Venusaur before they got even more badly injured. After this, however, Keith threw the balls once more, sending them back out. He knew this wouldn't do anything for Dennis's burn, but at least Stewie would be able to see perfectly well again. And now he knew better to attempt a Flash.

But there was yet another problem to contend with. A number of pebbles and boulders rolled together, coming together to form the shape of a Steelix, which, of course, Mega Evolved on the spot. Was that bad enough? Evidently not, for then the Steelix started to let loose a powerful Stone Edge, aiming it directly at Keith! And for a moment, Keith was frozen in place, still stunned by the frankly ludicrous turn of events, as Meowth tensed up and gave a squeak of terror...

"Mai maaaiiii!"

Keith blinked, his Minun's angry cry snapping him out of it. He saw Anion jumping down off his shoulder, taking on a reddish aura as she stood in the path of the Stone Edge- she was using Counter, Keith realized! "Yes! Anion, you rule!" Keith cheered.

"Mai mai, mai mai," Anion smirked.

Keith straightened his hat, looking more determined than ever before. "It's three on three now, guys! Let's do it right this time! Anion, after that Counter, use Thunder Wave on Mega Scizor, then Entrainment on Mega Audino! Dennis, once Anion's done that, target Mega Audino with Toxic once more, then blast it with Venoshock after Venoshock! Stewie, once Scizor's paralyzed, we try our strategy once more- Swords Dance, Agility, and Fire Punch once you have an opening!"[/COLOR]


Update 10
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyDrawsaLot, post: 7019509, member: 112934
[COLOR=rgb(65, 168, 95)]Missingno. Master - Thinking quickly, you recall the two Pokemon that were on a collision course for each other, stopping any chance of them hitting each other. Your Minun thinks even faster than you, Countering the Stone Edge! Steelix grunted as it was hit by its own attack, then slammed its tail in the ground again, causing an Earthquake and simultaneously causing a Rock Slide! Steelix lastly took a Breaking Swipe at Stewie! Minun shot off a Thunder Wave at Scizor, paralyzing it, or it seemed so, only for Audino to play Healer again! Anion then did a quick dance, using Entrainment on Audino, only for Steelix to take the hit for the Hearing Pokemon, also taking all of Dennis' attacks! Since Steelix was a Steel type, they did no effect to it at all!

Stewie repeated its previous actions, at least not blind this time. It worked slightly better, but Scizor was ready for it. Scizor stood its ground, fighting back with bullet-fast punches. Audino repeated its Blizzard, this time more powerful than before! It struck Dennis the hardest, as it was a super-effective hit. Then, things were about to get even worse than they were. A purple five-fingered hand slowly appeared from the cave wall, as if someone was passing through. It took about 12 seconds before the creature completely passed. It was a Dusknoir! But it was larger than normal, and it was dark purple. Then, the voice spoke again. It was coming from the Dusknoir!

I have come to test your strength, myself.

The Dusknoir opened its stomach mouth, and multiple shadows spiralled out of it! The shadows formed themselves into a Gengar, Banette, and Malamar! Gengar and Banette of course, Mega Evolved, then they all waited for your next move.[/COLOR]


Reply 10
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master, post: 7019942, member: 21823
[COLOR=rgb(65, 168, 95)]Keith was quick to think here, withdrawing his Pokémon just in time and sending them back out, and he felt quite confident in the orders he'd given as well. That is, of course, right up until they all went horribly wrong. Again. Because why the hell not. Steelix recovered quickly from getting hit with twice the power of its own Stone Edge, and executed Earthquake and Rock Slide simultaneously, and following up with Breaking Swipe. Scizor's paralysis from Thunder Wave was healed again by Audino's Healer, which apparently consistently activates instantaneously upon the merest hint of a status condition. It certainly seemed like this was the case in this battle, at any rate. Scizor fought back easily against Stewie, Audino repeated Blizzard, a gigantic purple Dusknoir came out of nowhere and summoned an additional three opponents, two of which were a Gengar and a Banette, and thus were able to Mega Evolve. And of course, as was the case with anything else they've encountered in this cave, if it can Mega Evolve, it friggin' Mega Evolves.

For a moment, Keith was speechless. Mega Scizor, Mega Steelix, Mega Audino, Mega Gengar, Mega Banette, and a Malamar, and that was assuming the damn Dusknoir didn't get in on the fight itself as well! And considering Keith's luck so far, he figured it just might!

"...Youse gotta be kiddin' me!" Meowth exploded, breaking the silence. "How is any o' dis fair?!"

"I don't believe it was ever intended to be, Meowth," Keith stated quietly.

"Yeah, dat makes me feel betta," Meowth replied dryly. "I say we trow in da towel, and forfeit while da forfeitin's good."

Keith opened his mouth to respond to this, when his other Pokémon saved him the trouble. "SAAAAAUR!" Dennis roared in disagreement.

"Led ledi!" added Stewie.

"Mai maaaai!" Anion exclaimed indignantly.

"...dey don't wanna quit," groaned Meowth. "Dennis, Stewie, and Anion wanna see dis trough to the end fer youse."

Keith smiled appreciatively at his Venusaur, Ledian, and Minun. "Thank you, guys," he said. "That means a lot. I know you won't let me down, and so I won't let you down either. And that means it's on me to make sure things are as evenly matched as possible!" he added. "Meowth, you get in there, alright? It's all hands on deck now."

"As I knew it would be," Meowth sighed, jumping down off Keith's shoulder, claws extended.

Keith then took the Poison Ball and Poké Ball off his belt. "Aster, Chuck, you too!" he exclaimed, sending back out his Shiny Toxapex and his Gengar.

"T-T-Toxa..." Aster murmured shyly, though she still stood ready and resolute.

"Hmm," Chuck grinned, eyeing up his opponents, including his Mega Evolved counterpart. "Oh, we're absolutely going all-out here, I take it?"

Keith grinned back. "However did you guess?" he quipped, gripping the brim of his Mega Hat. "Now, Chuck!" he added. "Emerge from the shadows, and make those shadows yours to control!" With that, he swept the Mega Hat off his head and held it up high. "Mega Evolve!!!" he declared.

Once again, three tendrils of energy erupted from the Gengarite set into Chuck's headband, while another three erupted from the Key Stone set into Keith's hat. These tendrils of energy connected in midair, linking Key Stone to Gengarite- linking Keith to Chuck. For the second time today, Chuck underwent a magnificent transformation, and now stared down the enemies with the maniacal grin of the ![/COLOR]



[COLOR=rgb(65, 168, 95)]Keith turned his hat backwards- things were getting serious now. "OK, Chuck, get moving!" he declared. "You're going after Audino- strike it down with repeated uses of Sludge Bomb! And its allies are more than willing to defend it- attack from the shadows if you have to, whatever gets the job done!"

"Yes, sir!" cackled Chuck, his voice echoing strangely following his Mega Evolution.

"Aster, go for the Malamar!" Keith continued. "Attack with Pin Missile, and shield yourself from retaliation with Baneful Bunker! Then follow up with your Infestation attack!"

"Toxapex!" Aster responded, sounding as ready as she ever would.

"Meowth, you're taking on the Scizor," Keith stated. "Start with a Fake Out, then hit it with an Incinerate! Follow that up with another Incinerate, and we'll show it who the better Technician is!"

"Dat's right!" Meowth purred. Keith's confidence was proving, as usual, to be strangely contagious.

"Stewie, take the Banette!" Keith continued. "Ominous Wind, Thunder Punch, Ice Punch, in that order!"

"Led Ledian!" Stewie responded readily.

"Anion, take on the Gengar!" Keith declared. "Confound and strike with Acrobatics, then use Nasty Plot and give it a Thunderbolt!"

"Mai mai!" Anion responded sharply.

"And Dennis, that leaves you and the Steelix!" Keith declared. "Let it taste the Fire of your Hidden Power, and then tie it up with Leech Seed and String Shot!"

"SAAAAAAUR!" roared Dennis.

"And everybody," Keith added. "Be ready to change targets at a moment's notice. These opponents aren't to be taken lightly!" As he spoke, he eyed the Dusknoir carefully. From the larger purple Pokémon's wording, Keith wasn't entirely certain whether or not it would actually join in on the fighting itself, but if it showed signs of, he was all set to warn whichever Pokémon it would target. This would be a tough battle, for certain, but Keith was ready to take it on, and so, he knew, were his Pokémon.[/COLOR]


Update 11
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyDrawsaLot, post: 7020260, member: 112934
[COLOR=rgb(65, 168, 95)]Missingno. Master - Contemplating forfeit, your Pokemon refuse, ready to fight to the end. Dusknoir is surprised at this, but is ready to give you a challenge. Shooting a hand forward, he commands his minions to attack, and they all rush forward to their separate targets. Scizor was first, dashing for your Meowth. Opening a single pincer and targeting Meowth, it releases a silvery beam of light directly for him! It was a Flash Cannon! Meowth headed in for a Fake Out, but the Flash Cannon stopped it. Meowth then tried its Incinerate attack, firing a ball of fire! Meowth was also a Technician, so Scizor needed to be quick. Scizor then hit Meowth with a Brick Break, but was still hit by the Incinerate, dealing some damage. Stewie flew quickly towards the Banette, bringing with a quite Ominous Wind, which was sure to damage the Banette. Banette fought back with a Thunderbolt, which hit Stewie directly, and even paralyzed the Five Star Pokemon! Due to this, Stewie could not perform its Thunder Punch, but it could perform Ice Punch, so it still dealt damage to the Marionette Pokemon.

Chuck swooped in from the shadows directly behind Audino, blasting it with a Sludge Bomb, but it was protected by, well, Protect! The forcefield couldn't stay up for long, so Audino moved quick, blasting him with a Psychic! Anion shot towards Gengar, who just disappeared into plain sight. It was gone, for now. Aster shot Malamar with Pin Missiles, but Malamar deflected them with simply a swipe of tentacle. Malamar dashed forward, shooting a wave of Psychic energy at Aster, which disabled her Baneful Bunker, and Malamar used the opening to Psycho Cut Aster, who released an Infestation on Malamar, which was sure to hit hard. Lastly, Dennis shot off a Hidden Power at Steelix, who set up its Iron Defense. Dennis then used both Leech Seed and String Shot, it was clear you were trying to bind up Steelix, but it was not going to work! Steelix spun its multiple segments, tearing off the String Shot and Leech Seed vines. Then, Dusknoir speaks again.

I'll be sitting out of this fight.[/COLOR]


Reply 11
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master, post: 7020347, member: 21823
[COLOR=rgb(65, 168, 95)]The battle, the really big battle, got underway! Meowth's Fake Out was somehow cancelled out by a faster Flash Cannon, but Incinerate landed, at least. Stewie got paralyzed by Banette's Thunderbolt, but had at least landed Ominous Wind and Ice Punch. Chuck, on the other hand, was having no luck whatsoever, Audino's Protect shielding it from Sludge Bomb before it retaliated with Psychic, and Anion's target, the opposing Gengar, had vanished into thin air! Malamar was able to deflect Pin Missile and Disable Baneful Bunker before landing a Psycho Cut, but was subsequently hit hard by Infestation. And Dennis landed Hidden Power completely unimpeded (Iron Defense, after all, does nothing against special attacks), but was able to clear off the String Shot and Leech Seed without a problem.

Keith nodded at the Dusknoir's assurances that it would be sitting out of this fight, then turned his full and complete attention back to the battle. "Meowth, cover Anion, that Gengar's using Phantom Force!" he declared. "Have a Shadow Claw at the ready when it reappears, then follow up with Icy Wind and Bite! Anion, while Meowth's doing that, give all your allies a nice Helping Hand, then blast Scizor with a Thunderbolt! And if it comes at you with a physical move, give it your best Counter! Aster, now that Malamar's got that Infestation to contend with, try Pin Missile once more! Follow up with Liquidation, then Ice Beam! Chuck, use Reflect Type on Audino, then keep going for Sludge Bomb after Sludge Bomb! Stewie, keep targeting Banette! Ominious Wind once more, then Swords Dance, and follow up with Shadow Blast! Dennis, keep wearing down Steelix! Go for Growth, and follow up with Hidden Power after Hidden Power!"

Keith had said that all pretty fast, but fortunately, all six of his Pokémon had no trouble following what he had said. He gave a tired yet confident grin- he started to feel as though this was actually doable.

He only hoped he was right.[/COLOR]


Update 12
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyDrawsaLot, post: 7021360, member: 112934
[COLOR=rgb(65, 168, 95)]Missingno. Master - After affirming Dusknoir would not join the fray, you send out another set of commands. You realize the Gengar was using Phantom Force, and command Meowth to defend Anion when it re-appears. Meowth rushes over, as its claws extend, glowing a dark ultraviolet, ready to Shadow Claw the Shadow Pokemon when it appears.

Anion performs a quick dance, giving her teammates a Helping Hand, then raising its right paw to blast a Thunderbolt at Scizor. Scizor's left pincer suddenly became metallic, and, putting it in the way of the incoming Thunderbolt, it reflected the attack! It bounced off of the pincer and headed straight for Stewie! Gengar reappears, directly behind Meowth, and before he can make a move, Gengar strikes him with a Drain Punch, which was so powerful it made Meowth slam into the wall!

Aster tried Pin Missle again, but it was as useless as the first time. It then went in for a Liquidation, only for Malamar to disappear as well, then reappear behind her! Malamar struck Toxapex with a Psycho Cut, and before Toxapex to turn and use Ice Beam, Malamar had already re-appeared in front of her and hit her with a Night Slash. The Infestation seemed to not be taking any effect!

Chuck tried to Reflect Type Audino, but, of course, Audino disappeared, and in its place appeared the enemy Mega Gengar! It seemed as if Chuck had reflected himself instead! So, Chuck was lost at what to do, as the Audino was nowhere to be found! Stewie blew an Ominous Wind again, this time, instead of boosting Stewie's abilities, it lowered them, Swords Dance doing the same! Stewie tried a Shadow Blast, but it didn't even effect Banette!

Dennis stood in place, using Growth, then repeated Hidden Power, which seemed to be the only thing that had worked, scorching Steelix's metallic surface.[/COLOR]


Reply 12
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master, post: 7022698, member: 21823
[COLOR=rgb(65, 168, 95)]...Why did Keith bother hoping for any shred of hope for this battle? Why? Scizor's pincer glowing with a metallic sheen, deflecting the Thunderbolt, because why not? Gengar totally calling Meowth jumping in and going for Drain Punch? Sure! Aster's Pin Missile having no effect on the Malamar it should have destroyed? While Infestation was doing literally nothing to it??? Yeah. This is fine. Chuck failing to do anything to Audino because it straight-up vanished?! SURE. BECAUSE AUDINO TOTALLY DO THAT. Stewie's moves seeming to lower his own stats? Why not! Made just as much sense as anything else that just happened!

Keith was momentarily speechless as he saw his Pokémon's efforts crashing down all around him. Well-thought-out strategies totally predicted. Moves ludicrously rebuffed. Audino vanishing without a trace. Stewie apparently had Contrary now somehow. Nothing was making sense. Pretty much the only aspect of this fight that was going right (or even making sense!) was Dennis's Hidden Power hammering away at Steelix. Everything else was feeling like it shouldn't even be happening the way that it was. How did Stewie suddenly gain Contrary when Malamar can't learn Skill Swap or anything similar? How was Malamar deflecting such super effective hits so easily? WHERE WAS AUDINO?!?!

Keith took a deep breath. He couldn't let himself lose focus just because of a few... dozen... extremely weird occurrences in the same battle. "Anion, use Entrainment on Stewie!" he called to his Minun. He didn't know how Stewie's Ability could have been changed, but right now, only thing that made sense was to change it to something else, and fast. Especially since the opposing Mega Gengar would surely have Shadow Tag, which would prevent Keith from withdrawing the Ledian to undo all of this. "Then use Seismic Toss and throw Scizor into the wall, and nail it with Thunderbolt before it can react! Stewie, once Anion uses Entrainment on you, use Swords Dance twice- that should be sufficient- and then unleash Shadow Storm on Banette once more! Chuck, don't let your doppleganger get away! Shadow Punch, Shadow Storm, Shadow Ball, go! Meowth, find that Audino and nail it with Gunk Shot as soon as you can! Follow that up with Iron Tail, and then Fury Swipes! Aster, heal yourself with Recover, then use Smart Strike on Malamar and follow up with Pin Missile yet again- don't give it time to recover between moves so it can't swat this one away! And Dennis, keep hammering away at Steelix! Hidden Power, Hidden Power, Hidden Power!"

His orders given, Keith, panting slightly, waited to see what came of them. At this point, nothing about the battle was certain, but he wasn't about to let a little weirdness trip him up too badly. Or in this case, a lot of incredibly frustrating weirdness, but same idea.[/COLOR]


Update 13
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyDrawsaLot, post: 7024726, member: 112934
[COLOR=rgb(65, 168, 95)]Missingno. Master - [/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(65, 168, 95)]Dusknoir chuckled at Keith’s frustration, and muttered something underneath his breath. It was inaudible, and there was no time to care about it, as you had something more important to contend to! Anion shot off a wave of discordant sound at Stewie, an Entrainment wanting to give Stewie’s its ability, but it just seemed to not work. Stewie tried the Swords Dance, but it was futile, as it lowered his Attacking power! Stewie fluttered towards Banette, who sent it right back with a Dragon Claw! The Marionette Pokemon’s right hand glowed green as it performed the attack! But Banette could not learn this move! You have no time to call out this issue, as Anion was the one being thrown into the wall as Scizor grabbed the small Cheering Pokemon in its pincer and threw her at the wall, Anion trying Thunderbolt but it not taking any effect.

Chuck readied its set of Shadow attacks, which made Dusknoir laugh out loud. “Are you seriously trying shadow-based attacks on a shadow?” The enemy Gengar simply reappeared behind Chuck, blasting him with its own Shadow Ball. Audino reappeared, and came crashing down on Aster, stopping it from doing its Recover attack with a Thunderbolt! Meowth ran over, and tried a Gunk Shot, rolling up a large purple ball of trash to throw, and the attack seemed to be successful, only for Steelix to smash the trash midair with its tail, and since Steelix was Steel type, it was completely immune to the attack! Meowth then tried an Iron Tail, but Audino scorched it with a Flamethrower mid-air! Aster dashed forward, striking the Malamar quite smartly, and re-tried the Pin Missile, but it was just as futile as the first two. The Infestation seemed to take effect this time, at least. However, Dennis had lucked out, as the Hidden Powers had stopped taking effect, making no scorch marks on the Steelix’s shiny skin.

Then, you get a loose feeling in your head. Your surroundings begin to shake out of view, fading, before you feel a cold blow to your head, then the world goes dark.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgb(65, 168, 95)]~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgb(65, 168, 95)]You wake up sitting at a campfire, a small boy roasting a marshmallow at the other side. He was hunched up, his knees to his chest, and the arm holding the stick was trembling as if the boy was scared. He wasn’t staring at you; he was staring at something behind you.
Behind you was the Dusknoir from before.[/COLOR]


Reply 13
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master, post: 7024739, member: 21823
[COLOR=rgb(65, 168, 95)]Dusknoir seemed to delight in Keith's frustration, but whatever it was mumbling under its breath, Keith neither knew nor cared. He couldn't afford to focus on anything other than this battle, not until things started looking more manageable.

...which did not happen.

Keith was in stunned disbelief as his latest set of commands seemed to fall flat at every turn. Anion's Entrainment flat-out didn't work, and Stewie seemed to still have Contrary, and was thus even further weakened by subsequent uses of Swords Dance. The Banette used Dragon Claw, a move Keith knew for a fact that the species outright couldn't learn. The Minun, meanwhile, got thrown into the wall by Scizor, and its Thunderbolt had no effect. Chuck's efforts actually got Dusknoir laughing, calling him out for attempting shadow-based moves on a shadow. "Well, speaking as a shadow myself, naturally I am," retorted the grinning Mega Gengar, just before taking a Shadow Ball from behind. Meanwhile, the Mega Audino reappeared, blasting Aster with a Thunderbolt. Meowth unleashed Gunk Shot, only for Steelix to intercept. Aster's attacks on Malamar still seemed woefully ineffective, though Infestation at least seemed to be starting to take effort. And Dennis's Hidden Power somehow seemed to stop working on Steelix.

Keith took a deep breath, intent on giving his Pokémon more orders, when his head started feeling funny. He shook his head to try and clear it, and if anything that made things worse. His surroundings faded from view, and then he felt a cold blow to his head, and everything went dark.

~~~~~

"Huh... wha... where..." Keith mumbled fuzzily as he came to. He saw a campfire, with a small boy roasting a marshmallow. "Wh... y'know, if you let the marshmallow catch fire, then blow it out a few seconds later, I personally think that's the best way to roast them-" he began, before his memories started to catch up to him. The cave. The multitude of Mega Evolutions. The large, purple Dusknoir. The horribly one-sided, nonsensical battle. Inexplicably passing out. "...wait, why am I at a campfire in the first- what-" he added, noticing that the boy seemed scared of something. And not Keith, but rather something behind him. Keith followed the boy's gaze- "Arceus, Mew, and Helix!" he exclaimed, jumping as he saw the very Dusknoir he had just been thinking about. "I- what- where am I?" Keith asked. "What happened in that battle? What WAS that battle? Why was absolutely nothing happening like it should have? Where- where are my Pokémon?" he added, reaching for his belt, hoping to find all six Poké Balls still there and containing their rightful occupants.
[/COLOR]


Update 14
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyDrawsaLot, post: 7027327, member: 112934
[COLOR=rgb(65, 168, 95)]Missingno. Master - [/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(65, 168, 95)]Waking up in a cave behind a campfire was weird at first, and giving marshmallow roasting tips was even weirder, but realizing that Dusknoir was behind you, startled, you spin around and affirm that yes, Dusknoir was there. Dusknoir just floated across from you and put a hand towards the campfire, making the fire much larger, and scorching the boy's marshmallow to smithereens.

"I told you Yohan, stop it with the marshmallows." Dusknoir snarled, and the boy dropped what remained of the stick, and wrapped both hands around his hunched legs. Since the fire was much larger, it was easy to see details that had been hidden by the dark before.

There was a latch around the boy's neck, and a chain trailed behind it, but it had been broken. In the campfire's light, you could see burn marks on different parts of his body. There was something off about the boy's gaze. He seemed hurt. He seemed abused.

"Run, Mr. Keith, run before the dark hurts you." The boy said, but there was an odd shrillness to his voice, it was high-pitched, abnormal, odd, as if his mind was broken.
"Quiet!" Dusknoir snapped at the small boy.
"Dusknoir, you said you'd protect me! Let's go so the darkness doesn't hurt us!"
"You have your campfire, Yohan. That means the dark can't hurt you." Dusknoir reassured.
"But, why is it still hurting me?!" The boy sputtered, as he grabbed his left arm with his right as if it hurt. It did.

I'm draining from him.
A voice whispered into your ear, you look at the other individuals in the room, the boy writhing in pain, Dusknoir staring intently at you. The boy's gullible. You can take your Medichamite if you leave me with the boy. Don't bother fighting me, it will only hurt the child. [/COLOR]


Reply 14
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master, post: 7027666, member: 21823
[COLOR=rgb(65, 168, 95)]The situation was... weird, to say the least, and Keith having only just regained consciousness didn't exactly clear much of anything up. For instance, he only just now realized that this was still in a cave- probably still in that same cave, for that matter. Dusknoir did nothing to answer any of Keith's questions, but instead intensified the campfire so the boy's marshmallow was incinerated. And as the fire was enlarged, more details could be seen- the latch around the boy's neck (Yohan, Keith heard the Dusknoir call him), the broken chain that trailed behind him, the strange quality to the boy's gaze. He's been abused, Keith realized. And as he spoke up, urging Keith to run before the dark hurt him, there was a shrillness to his voice, an unusual quality, as though his mind had been broken. And Dusknoir wasn't treating him very kindly, either, having evidently fed him lies about the campfire protecting him from the dark, lies that were very clearly not fooling Yohan.

And then Keith heard the whisper. The Dusknoir, he realized- he was telling Keith that he was draining from Yohan, who he dismissed as gullible, and he told Keith he could take his Medichamite if he left Dusknoir with this boy, adding that fighting him would only hurt the child.

Did... did Dusknoir know who he was talking to here? Did he have any notion whatsoever? Did he perhaps labor under the wholly mistaken delusion that just because Keith was one quarter Gastly, just because he was technically also a Ghost-type, that that made him a kindred spirit, one who would side with the Dusknoir in this situation? Or maybe he just took Keith for some greedy nobody, who would gladly take the shiny new Mega Stone and look the other way on the abuse of the small child taking place before his eyes? Sure, Keith knew of somebody who would very much appreciate a Medichamite, but if taking this one meant looking the other way on this atrocity, Keith didn't want it, and he knew Terri would agree.

Either way, whatever he was thinking of Keith at this moment, Dusknoir was dead wrong.

"...Dusknoir, what do you take me for?" Keith asked. He did not raise his voice. He did not shout. Rather, there was a calmness to his voice of an ominous sort- a "before the storm" sort of calmness that went quite well with the absolutely livid look in his eyes as he regarded the purple specter. "You let me see what you're doing to this poor boy, and you think you can buy me off with a damn Mega Stone?" He stood up, straightening his Mega Hat. "How gullible- how greedy- do you think I am? Who do you think you're talking to? I'm the man who conquered the giant Heatran of Aduro Island to save the Heatmor population. I'm the man who restored Celebi's faith in humanity. I'm the man who took on Team Rocket and forced them to disband. You can take your Medichamite and blow it out your ghostly ass," he said defiantly. He plucked a Poké Ball and Luxury Ball off his belt, and they burst open before he could even throw them- clearly, Chuck and Stewie had heard their Trainer through the balls, and were ready for action. "Stewie, defensive maneuver one-one-five-one-one-three-two-one-nine!"

"Ledi!" Stewie replied. This was a coded command, one devised by a member of Keith's team not currently on hand; Ginny, his perpetually paranoid Pawniard. So of course it would be intimately familiar to her boyfriend, as Stewie proved by immediately working to set up Reflect, Light Screen, and Safeguard. Over all of them, of course, but he'd heard enough to know to focus primarily on Yohan.

Chuck, meanwhile, needed no commands at the moment, floating before Dusknoir. "Oh, you've pissed him off now," grinned the Gengar as he set to work casting a Disable on the Dusknoir, stopping whatever he was doing to the little boy. "If you knew the first thing about Keith Masters, you'd know that's not smart."

While Chuck confronted Dusknoir, Keith turned to the little boy. "It's Yohan, right?" he asked kindly. "My name is Keith Masters, and this here is Meow-" He stopped, realizing Meowth wasn't on his shoulder. Rolling his eyes, he took another Poké Ball off his belt and sent Meowth back out onto his shoulder. "...and this here is Meowth," he continued.

"Heya," Meowth murmured, looking around, wondering what was going on.

"Me and my Pokémon, we're gonna get you outta here, alright?" said Keith. "That Dusknoir's the one hurting you, so we all gotta get outta here."[/COLOR]


Update 15
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyDrawsaLot, post: 7032625, member: 112934
[COLOR=rgb(65, 168, 95)]Missingno Master - [/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(65, 168, 95)]Realizing the obvious course of action you'd take, Stewie and Chuck both burst out of their balls, Stewie carrying out a pre-determined defensive maneuver to protect you all. Chuck tried to Disable Dusknoir, but it was to no effect, but at least it was worth a try.

"Hurting me?" Yohan asked innocently, looking up at Dusknoir, who growled at you before turning back to Yohan.
"What? No. He's just lying to you." Dusknoir fibbed, and then turned back to you, ready to silence you with violence if need be.

"No, you are," Yohan replied firmly, now standing, both feet planted firmly on the ground, a determined gaze on his face, and one arm outstretched, pointing an accusing finger at Dusknoir. "It makes sense now. You aren't protecting me, you're hurting me. You're the darkness. Do you think I'm a toy for you to play with? To hurt, injure, and abuse? Well, not anymore."

Yohan turned and gave a low whistle, and a small catlike Pokemon jumped down from a ledge a few feet away. The Pokemon was glowing yellow, with black hind fur, and orange paws, with an orange star on its tail. It was a Shiny Shinx!

"Come on Shinx, we're going with Mr. Keith now." Yohan said happily to the small Pokemon, who hopped up and down in happiness at that prospect. Yohan walked over to you and grabbed your arm, tugging on it expectantly.

"Stop." Dusknoir yelled, and Yohan felt a sharp pain in his stomach. Tears formed in his eyes, and he collapsed onto the floor, but was able to sit up against the cave wall.

"You cannot leave, if you do, you will simply perish." Dusknoir told him, then turned to you. "And you cannot save him. You simply are not strong enough to reach the Mage in the Meadow of Judgment."

"Yes he is." Yohan said, then turned to you. "Run to the Meadow of Judgment, you might find some sort of solution there! I can protect myself." Yohan let out a second, differently-pitched whistle, this time calling a large Grimmsnarl. "Grimm and Shinx can protect me. Now go!"[/COLOR]


Reply 15
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master, post: 7032706, member: 21823
[COLOR=rgb(65, 168, 95)]Keith was hardly surprised that Dusknoir responded to these allegations by doubling down on his lies, and as the Ghost-type shot a threatening look to Keith, it was met with one with defiance- Keith was not so easily intimidated. Fortunately, Yohan realized that Keith's words made too much sense to so readily disregard, and he finally realized that the Dusknoir was the one hurting him. Calling his Shiny Shinx to his side, Yohan stated he was leaving with Keith.

Not that, of course, Dusknoir would let this go so easily. Causing a sharp pain in Yohan's stomach, Dusknoir forced the boy to collapse to the floor. He was at least able to sit up against the cave wall, but Dusknoir stated that if Yohan left, he'd die. And he then told Keith that he wan't strong enough to save him, letting slip in the process that doing so in the process would entail reaching the Mage in the Meadow of Judgment.

The Meadow of Judgment... it rang a bell. Yes, Keith realized- this was one of the locations within the Arcane Realm he'd seen on his map before coming here. He knew where that was, and he knew he could get there. Provided, of course, he could get out of this cave.

Chuck, however, gave Keith an encouraging grin, before turning to Dusknoir, smirking insolently. "Tsk, tsk, tsk. Underestimating Keith Masters, are we?" he grinned. "Better mons than you have tried that. Never goes well for them.

"Right, then- the Meadow of Judgment's our next stop," Keith said determinedly.

"But of course," Chuck agreed.

"Led ledi! Ledian!" Stewie declared as well.

"Dat's right!" purred Meowth.

Keith turned to Yohan, but the small boy assured him he'd be OK. He whistled again, and this time a large hairy beast of a Pokémon materialized- a Grimmsnarl, Keith realized, but this was hardly the time to whip out his Pokédex. Yohan urged Keith to run to the Meadow of Judgment and find a solution there. Keith nodded seriously. "We'll be back with help of some sort," he vowed. "That's a promise, Yohan. Alright- Meowth, Chuck, Stewie, let's move!" he declared, all of them ready to take off for the exit. Keith hoped Shinx and Grimm really would be able to sufficiently protect Yohan from Dusknoir in the meantime- the poor boy looked like he'd been through hell as it is. All the more reason for them to hurry, Keith knew- whatever Shinx and Grimm would be able to do, however much more Yohan would be able to endure if he had to... Keith didn't want to think about how little time he undoubtedly had, and so he'd run, run like a Rapidash, and do whatever he possibly could.[/COLOR]


Update 16
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyDrawsaLot, post: 7035756, member: 112934
[COLOR=rgb(65, 168, 95)]Missingno. Master - Knowing what needed to be done, you leave Yohan, and turn around, realizing you have no way out. Yohan snaps his fingers a third time, causing a Gardevoir to appear. Gardevoir extended a hand at you, the hand gathering psychic energy, then the energy enveloped you, and then poof! You were teleported out of the cave and right outside at the entrance you had entered from. When you were being teleported, Yohan yelled "There'll be a ride outside!" as you dematerialized. Dusting yourself off and reminding yourself of what you needed to do, you glanced around, looking for the hypothetical "ride". Then, a Salamence appears behind you, roaring to alert you of its presence. It bends over, beckoning you to hop onto its back.

This was the ride Yohan was talking about! Hopping onto its back, it let out a large roar, then in one large wing heave, it took off, and flew at a high speed towards the Meadow of Judgment. It was traveling very fast, so it only took about half an hour to arrive at the [/COLOR]Meadow. Salamence looked down, and realizing you had arrived at your destination, it went into a nosedive, and landed on the Meadow's soft grass.

Getting off the Dragon Pokemon, you observe the surrounding area. It was exactly what a meadow would look like, flowers, grass, and some grass Pokemon meddling about. There was a gardener tending to the bushes, hunched over, so he couldn't see you. Perhaps he knew something about the Mage? Well, it wouldn't hurt to ask. Or would it?.


Reply 16
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master, post: 7036931, member: 21823
[COLOR=rgb(65, 168, 95)]With Keith's mind set on the task at hand, he turned, raring to get moving. Nothing would stop him from saving this boy from Dusknoir! Nothing!

...except the total lack of an accessible exit that Keith could see. That was actually proving quite effective at the moment.

Keith turned back around, caught off-guard by this, looking to see if he'd missed something. As he did, however, Yohan snapped his fingers, and a Gardevoir appeared. Keith was rather surprised at this point- how many Pokémon did Yohan have just hanging around in here? Did they all try and take down that Dusknoir, and all fail? Well, in Gardevoir's case, Keith could honestly kinda understand it, with the type disadvantage, but he knew that Grimmsnarl were Dark-types, was there nothing it could've done? Or was Dusknoir simply that formidable of a foe? Either way, Keith neither wanted to dwell on it nor had the time to do so- he was being teleported outside by Gardevoir, and as this happened, Yohan called to Keith that there would be a ride for him. And once outside, Keith's unspoken question was promptly answered as he turned to face the source of a sudden roar, finding it to be a Salamence. "What the-" Keith murmured as he climbed onto Salamence's back. Was this Salamence Yohan's as well? Just how skilled a Trainer was this boy? Keith registered in the back of his mind that at some point long after all this was over, once he'd rescued Yohan, he realized he'd want to challenge him to a battle someday.

And Salamence was off! With Chuck and Stewie keeping pace admirably, the Dragon Pokémon soared through the air. Even at its high speeds, the journ[/COLOR]ey to the meadow still took about half an hour, and as awesome as the flight was, Keith found it marred by his constant concern for Yohan's well-being.

At last, Keith dismounted the Salamence, for it had landed in the Meadow of Judgement. "Thank you," Keith said to the Salamence with a respectful bow. Chuck and Stewie likewise bowed, even though they'd simply flown alongside, and even Meowth gave a respectful nod, before they all turned and started looking. Flowers, grass, Pokémon... pretty much your standard meadow, Keith knew.

"Hey, look dere," Meowth said, pointing with a front paw.

"Huh," Keith murmured, turning to look- Meowth had spotted a man hunched over, tending to the bushes. "A gardener, no doubt," he said.

"Ya tink he might know sometin' about sometin'?" Meowth asked.

"Who knows?" Keith shrugged. "But at this point, I'll take any shot at a lead I can get. Chuck, Stewie, you with me on this?"

"Naturally," grinned the Gengar. "Certainly couldn't hurt to ask the man."

"Led ledi," Stewie murmured, eyeing the man suspiciously. This wasn't entirely unexpected to Keith, considering Stewie's girlfriend was Ginny, a notoriously paranoid Pawniard. But all the same, Keith nodded- they weren't sure of anything that was going on, there was no telling if this man was as he seemed. Of course, they saw no reason to be hostile, but at the very least, Stewie was ready to set up Reflect and Light Screen should the need to suddenly defend themselves arose.

Keith led the way, approaching the gardener. "Excuse me? Sir?" he said. "I'm hoping you can help us out- we're looking for the mage, we need help. A young boy's life is at stake."


Update 17
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneasel12, post: 7057296, member: 3180
Missingno. Master - Dismounting the Salamence as you land in the Meadow, the large dragon bows in acknowledgement of you, or perhaps to the mission you are now on, before flapping its wings and taking back off. It would seem you will need to find your own way back to the cave after your mission to find the mage is complete. Now left with just your Pokemon and your wits, you approach the gardener after a brief conversation with your team, wary of another potential attack after all that has happened.

The gardener turns to you, his tanned and freckled face bearing a wide, toothy grin that almost reminds you of your floating companion. "Oh, I'm terribly sonny. I know there's a mage that likes to frequent these fields, but he hasn't been by in some time." Gesturing around, it's apparent that some of the meadow is wilting, and the gardener himself is the only other creature you can see. "He used to come by regularly, but ever since the pack of Stunky moved in and the flowers started dying off there's not been hide nor hair of the man."

As if on cue, a bit of the meadow begins to rustle, a familiar vile smell piercing your nose as chittering sounds emanate from the various patches of wilting flowers. Still grinning, the man turns back to the garden, ignoring the smell of in its entirety as he proceeds to tend to the remaining plants. "What a shame, to not be able to see the meadow in its full glory. This is nothing more than a pale imitation."


Reply 17
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master, post: 7057545, member: 21823
At Keith's words, the gardener turned to him, face bearing a positively Gengaresque grin as he apologized for the fact that the mage hasn't been around as of late. He gestured around, and as Keith looked, he came to realize that the flowers were wilting, and nobody else, person or Pokémon, was around but the gardener. Evidently a pack of Stunky were to blame for the flowers dying off, and ever since this, the mage had made himself as scarce as a Dunsparce.

As if on cue, some of the meadow started rustling. Keith could detect the smell, too- owning a Skuntank himself, as well as a Weezing, Garbodor, and Normal Form Muk, bad smells just simply didn't bother him anymore. And he heard the chittering sounds from within the patches of flowers. The gardener turned back to his work, lamenting that the meadow as it currently stood was but a pale imitation of what it once was.

"...Oh, geez," Keith sighed. "Y'know, the sad thing is, they probably don't even want this to happen to the meadow, either. My Garbodor always tries to pick flowers for me, but they always end up wilting by the time she actually hands them to me."

"So what's the plan?" asked Chuck. "Seems obvious to me that if we can fix the meadow, the mage might come back."

"Oh, is dat all?" Meowth asked dryly. "How do you propose we do such a ting? Last I checked, ain't none of us was da Mythical Pokémon Shaymin or nuttin'."

"Well, first things first, I say we work out exactly what drove the Stunky to come here in the first place," Keith stated. "Meowth, Chuck, I'm gonna rely on your help for that, since you two can report back to me and tell me directly."

"I had a feelin'," groaned Meowth, though he hopped down off Keith's shoulder regardless.

"Oh, indeed," grinned Chuck, the Gengar looking ready to go.

"Remember, you two, we're looking to resolve this peacefully if we can," Keith reminded them. "We're not fighting them off unless we absolutely have to. If something going on with their old home is the issue, then we'll try and fix that instead."

"And da meadow?" Meowth inquired. "I doubt just gettin' da Stunky ta leave would fix everyting."

"No, same here," Keith agreed. "Stewie," he added, turning to his Ledian. "I'm thinking you might be able to help out here, pollinating flowers and such. Maybe even use Supersonic once the Stunky have been taken care of, try to signal to the Pokémon that used to live here that they can come back and try to help make the meadow what it once was. And," he added, plucking a Poké Ball off his belt and grinning, "Dennis here happens to know Grassy Terrain, which should surely get things moving as well."


Update 18
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneasel12, post: 7058149, member: 3180
Missingno. Master - With your mind set to figuring out what might be causing the Stunky to have come to the meadow, you and your team shortly set to work looking for the small Pokemon. Or rather, you would be, were it not for the fact that the moment Meowth approaches the flower beds two of the creatures jump out, having been hidden by the wilting lavender before you. One, clearly appearing a bit more aggressive than the other, rips into your feline companion with a Fury Swipes, which does a fair bit more than just muss up his fur before the Stunky jumps backwards towards its friend. The second Stunky proceeds to then envelope the area in a thick Poison Gas, the resulting cloud causing something of a coughing fit as it poisons Meowth and the two duck back into the field.

"Be careful, they're rather aggressive." The gardener notes with his grin still reaching ear to ear, seemingly not bothered by the fact that he conveniently forgot to mention this in the first place.

To make matters yet worse, the ground shakes in response to the words, causing yet more of the field to rustle as surely more of the Stunky move about within. Clearly there's something more sinister afoot than simply the invasive species having wilted a bit of the local flora. At the very least, the sudden fright seems to have caused the additional Stunky to release a bit more gas, wilting flowers in their retreat and making it rather easy to spot the various directions they are each running, a cursory glance revealing three separate paths worth of the Pokemon for you to take care of.


Reply 18
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master, post: 7058905, member: 21823
Meowth and Chuck were quick to get to work. Or, they would have been, except Meowth was very quickly met with a pair of Stunky that did not seem to take very kindly to this. One of them lashed out with Fury Swipes, while the other let loose Poison Gas that got Meowth spluttering and coughing as the pair of Poison/Dark-types retreated.

"Gah," Meowth spluttered as Keith quickly dug a Lum Berry out of his backpack. "Ya couldn't'a said dat a little sooner?!" he snapped to the grinning gardener as Keith fed him the Lum Berry, curing his poison. "Gah... alright, dat's betta, tanks," he mutted to Keith.

"You bet," Keith nodded as Meowth climbed back up onto his shoulder. "But sheesh, those Stunky- WAH!" he exclaimed, for at that moment, the ground had started shaking. This didn't last too long, thankfully, but Meowth was still, bad pun fully intended, shaken up. "WAT DA HELL?!" he exclaimed.

"OK, clearly, the problem here goes much further than simply the Stunky," Chuck stated.

"YA TINK!?!" Meowth exclaimed, clinging to Keith's arm as though for dear life.

"Alright, let's take it easy," Keith stated, looking out after where the Stunky had fled. "Finding the Stunky shouldn't be too hard- they left a few trails behind," he said, gesturing to the wilted flowers the Stunky left in their wake. "There's three ways to go here, so I suggest we split up. Chuck, you take one path. Stewie, use Safeguard to be on the safe side, then go down another path. Me and Meowth will take the remaining path."

"Oy," groaned Meowth.

"Oh, don't sweat it, Meowth," Keith said. "I promise I won't send you in to battle them unless it's necessary- I'll use Dennis," he stated, gripping his Venusaur's Poké Ball.

"Alright, fine," relented Meowth. "Let's get dis goin', den."

"Right," Keith nodded. "Remember, guys- we need to fix this field, not just for its sake, but for Yohan's sake as well- we need to find the mage if we're to save him."

"Led ledi!" nodded Stewie.

"But of course," Chuck nodded with his usual grin.

Keith and Meowth exchanged looks and nods, and then Keith set off, headed for whichever path Stewie and Chuck were leaving for him.


Update 19
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneasel12, post: 7063399, member: 3180
Missingno. Master - After healing Meowth of his rather bothersome status, your group has a quick discussion as to the nature of this particular task, opting to split up a bit in order to round up the fleeing Stunky. Stewie sets a Safeguard up, a matter of protection from any further poison the small skunks may be throwing your way.

As your three groups approach each end of where the respective Stunky have been wilting flowers, it becomes clear that they want nothing to do with you, producing more Poison Gas and moving about further. While this doesn't cause any issues for Chuck and Stewie, it does mean that yourself and Meowth are forced to move about in such a way that you occasionally lose track of the Stunky, slowing you down a bit, though your choice to let Dennis the Venusaur do some following helps to mitigate this a fair bit.

Nonetheless, you all eventually manage to back the three groups into a corner where they can run no longer, causing them to burst out of the field, revealing a total of four Stunky, all of whom loose a Screech at your group, affecting each of your four currently present Pokemon before the skunks take a defensive stance.

With the flowers at least safe for now, it seems like your job is about to become a fair bit easier, at least up until the moment that the source of the earlier shaking makes itself known. A large Skuntank, easily bigger than any you've taken sight of in the past, emerges from the ground below Dennis, striking the Venusaur's underbelly with Dig. The Stunky seem to become instantly more aggressive as their evolved form appears, rushing to its side in preparation to face you in battle.


Reply 19
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master, post: 7063832, member: 21823
And the chase was on! The Stunky were leaving more Poison Gas in their wake, trying to shake off their pursuers, but they vastly underestimated what they were up against. Chuck, of course, was a Poison-type, and Stewie had covered himself with Safeguard. Meowth groaned his displeasure as he buried his face in Keith's jacket to avoid breathing in the foul fumes. Keith, however, was not deterred. Normal people would have been, sure, but Keith was not normal; he was 25% Ghost/Poison. Nevertheless, sensing that things might get tricky, he sent Dennis out nevertheless, getting the Venusaur in on the chase as well.

At last, they had the Stunky cornered- four of them in total, and they each let loose a Screech, the grating noises cutting the Defense of everything Keith had out of their balls at the moment. But it didn't end there- the mystery of the earlier shaking was abruptly solved as its source erupted from the ground, striking Dennis with Dig!

"Arceus, Mew, and Helix!" swore Meowth.

"It's a Skuntank- and it's huge!" Keith exclaimed. "The leader of these Stunky, no doubt!"

"Saur! Venusaur!" roared Dennis, stamping his feet, eyeing his various opponents, but the Skuntank in particular.

Keith grinned- Dennis was raring to battle, and he was all for it. "Let's bring it, then, Dennis!" he declared. As he spoke, he casually aimed one of his Poké Balls at Chuck, withdrawing him. "Use Dragon Dance, then follow up with Shadow Storm and Earthquake!" Now Meowth realized why Keith had withdrew Chuck- the Gengar did not possess Levitate and was liable to be hurt by the move himself. Keeping this in mind, Meowth clung tightly to Keith's shoulder, as though for dear life.


Update 20
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneasel12, post: 7064145, member: 3180
Missingno. Master - Expressing your immediate displeasure with the group of skunks turning to fight you, withdrawing Chuck seems like the best play in order to maintain the safety of your team. As Dennis buffs himself with a Dragon Dance, it's clear the group wants nothing more than to send you packing, a series of Fury Swipes coming from the group of Stunky to rip into Dennis, though the Venusaur doesn't seem overly bothered even with the defensive debuff on him. What he doesn't appreciate, however, is the Flamethrower that comes from the Skuntank, singing his petals and causing the Venusaur to roar out in pain.

Retaliating, Dennis unleashes a massive Shadow Storm, which causes the Stunky to yip in pain and back up to their larger ally, away from the Venusaur that caused them such problems. The Skuntank, however, has no interest in protecting the smaller skunks, and proceeds to burrow under the ground once more, preparing for another strike. Realizing they may be outmatched, the Stunky all proceed to Leer at Stewie, the Ledian's Defense being lowered by a massive amount as he looks on towards the group.

It matters very little, however, as Dennis unleashes an absolutely massive Earthquake, which completely does in the Stunky, knocking them all out, and the roaring groan from below tells the tale that Skuntank isn't particularly happy about the nasty blow either. A short moment later it becomes evident as to why as it emerges from the earth to Dig into your Venusaur's underbelly once more, causing Dennis to reel from the blow a bit, clearly not feeling too happy about the damage he's sustained either.


Reply 20
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master, post: 7064182, member: 21823
The odds seemed a bit stacked against them here, with Keith only using Dennis against an entire horde of Stunky, complete with their Skuntank leader, but if Keith was at all worried about this, he hid it well. Indeed, he wasn't too worried- Dennis was a force to be reckoned with, and everyone present knew it. Well, maybe not the Stunky and Skuntank, but they were gonna learn this very soon.

Indeed, things were going pretty well- the Shadow Storm and Earthquake were sufficient to knock out all the Stunky, leaving only the Skuntank for a one-on-one fight. Prior to fainting, the Stunky had managed to Leer at Stewie, evidently under the mistaken impression he was intended to get in on this fight. The Ledian shuddered as he felt his Defense drop drastically, but he did his best to not show his discomfort, lest the enemy try and capitalize on it somehow. And he had to keep his wits about him- suppose he needed to get in on the action suddenly? Not that he didn't have faith in his Venusaur teammate, but that Skuntank was doing some nasty damage...

Dennis had been taking some considerable damage, but the Venusaur refused to back down. The Flamethrower stung, and that second Dig took something of a toll on him, but he still stood strong. Keith smiled proudly- a tough battle like this? Dennis was in his element here, and Keith knew it. "It's one on one now, Dennis!" Keith declared. "Let's try and wrap this up! Use Rock Climb! Then grab it with Vine Whip and use your Seismic Toss attack!"

"Venusaaaaur," rumbled Dennis, already all set for the first of those moves.


Update 21
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneasel12, post: 7064841, member: 3180
Missingno. Master - With Skuntank in Dennis' sights, Stewie opts to remain on alert in case he's needed in the fight, despite the massive drops to his defense. Dennis rushes the skunk, scaling the beast before jumping on its head with the power of his Rock Climb. With Dennis now decidedly close to the tank, the beast tilts itself under the Venusaur before he can finish his landing, and proceeds to whip him over his back, the Foul Play using Dennis' own strength against him as he slams into the ground.

As Dennis rights himself, he wraps his foe up in his vines, smashing him against the ground for a moment with his Vine Whip before pulling the massive Skuntank aloft in preparation for his next attack. But with Skuntank getting lower and lower in health, it appears that this is not how the monstrosity chooses to go out, glowing a bright white before a massive Explosion rips up the ground around itself and Dennis, rocketing chunks of ground and withered flowers about, the resulting blast washing over you and the rest of your team as well.

As the dust clears, the Skuntank is nowhere to be found, but Dennis very much is, knocked clean unconscious by the blast. He's not the only Pokemon to take the brunt of it, though, as Stewie, with his heavily lowered defense could not seem to weather the storm either, both Pokemon having been KO'd. Meowth crawls up your back and onto your shoulder, having avoided the brunt of the blow himself by dint of falling off his perch and behind you in the first place.

"Well, that was unexpected." The gardener chimes in from a distance, "Or perhaps not. It was a Skuntank."


Reply 21
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master, post: 7064867, member: 21823
The fight was getting intense, with Skuntank having executed a Foul Play in response to the Rock Climb. And then, as Dennis was preparing for what Keith was hoping to be a finishing move, Skuntank decided to finish the fight on its own terms.

By using Explosion.

"GAH!" Keith exclaimed, standing strong against the sudden blast that sent chunks of dirt and withered flowers flying in every direction. Meowth fell off of Keith's shoulder and was taking shelter behind his Trainer, but Dennis and Stewie were caught in the blast. And as things settled down, Keith could see that his Venusaur and Ledian were both KO'd. "Oh, geez," he groaned, holding out the Poké Ball and Luxury Ball. "Dennis, Stewie, return," he said, withdrawing them both.

"Wh... where'd dat giant Skuntank even go?" Meowth asked, looking around.

"Now that's a good question," Keith stated, likewise looking around. "It's gotta be a little too knocked out to Dig its way out of here, and I wouldn't imagine it could hide itself all that effectively. I was kinda thinking about catching it, too," he added.

Meowth looked up at Keith. "Youse already has a Skuntank," he said flatly. "And one dat ain't nearly dis violent, neitha."

"Yeah, you're right," Keith conceded. He then, however, heard the gardener's words about this being unexpected. Or not, considering it was a Skuntank. Keith rolled his eyes- it wasn't as though exploding was some whole thing with the Skuntank species. Yeah, they could learn the move, but even so! Keith's own Skuntank knew Explosion, but Bellatrix hadn't ever actually used the move in all her years of knowing it. Still, though, this wasn't the time to dwell on it., and he made his way back over to the gardener. "I definitely wasn't expecting that," he stated. "But the Skuntank seems to be completely gone following that, so I'm hoping that means that it and the Stunky can stop screwing this place up now." He sighed, glancing at the Poké Ball in his hand. "Is there anywhere around here I can heal my Pokémon he asked. "My plan was to have my Venusaur use Grassy Terrain after dealing with the Stunky and Skuntank, try and see if that can get the meadow back in shape, but he kinda needs to be conscious to do that," he chuckled weakly.

Hm. Wait a minute, Meowth thought to himself as Keith was talking to the gardener. Dis guy weren't exactly followin' us. How'd he know we was up against a Skuntank? Does he know more den he's lettin' on or someting? He elected to say nothing for the moment, instead waiting to see how things played out. At least for now, anyway.


Update 22
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneasel12, post: 7064879, member: 3180
Missingno. Master - Rolling your eyes at the man, you point out that you weren't expecting things to go quite they way they did, and that more importantly the entire group of skunks seem to have disappeared entirely, a notion that causes the man to raise a hand to shield his brow from the sun and look around before shrugging at the missing Pokemon.

The request to heal your Pokemon gets a bit of an odd response, "Well, some would say this whole Meadow is a place of healing!" the gardener jokingly shouts, before letting loose a laugh only able to be provided by someone thinking their joke was far better than it actually was. "But no, the nearest point of healing is some ways away, I'm afraid."

Looking quizzically at your Meowth as the Pokemon sat in thought, he finally responds to your notion of wanting to bring back the flowers. "Oh, not to worry! I've got just the thing." Plucking and tossing a Pokeball from his pack, the man reveals that he is the proud owner of a beautiful mushroom, one attached to a large insect at that. The Parasect looks around for a moment before noticing the state of the area, immediately creating a Grassy Terrain of its own before setting to work fixing the field with a Rototiller.

"I wouldn't be much of a gardener if I didn't have to tools to deal with some wilted flowers when there's no longer any threat around, now would I?" The man jokes once more, sitting along the side of one of the patches of the wilted Meadow and calmly watching his Pokemon work. Patting the ground carefully next to him, he signals to you and Meowth, "Come, sit a moment. Unless you have some other plan to find your mage friend?"


Reply 22
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master, post: 7064915, member: 21823
After the gardener's joke fell flat, he explained that they were a considerable distance away from the nearest point of healing. Keith sighed at this, and reattached Dennis's Poké Ball to his belt. Dennis would be fine, though, he knew, which served to reassure him somewhat. And the gardener helped things along by sending out a Parasect who immediately set to work tending to the meadow, with Grassy Terrain and Rototiller. Keith gave a chuckle, shrugging in response to the man's statement- true enough, one should expect a gardener to be able to tend to plants. At the man's request to sit, however, Keith looked a little restless, almost as though unwilling to stay put.

And Meowth noticed this. "Sit," he said to Keith firmly. He's got a point- we ain't got nuttin' ta go on fer findin' dis mage otha than dis meadow, and yer no use ta Yohan if ya wipe yerself out fer no good reason."

Keith sighed deeply- Meowth was right and they both knew it. "You're right," he relented, sitting down beside the gardener, watching Parasect at work. "I sure hope this works," he murmured. "We need the mage's help to save this young boy from a Dusknoir." He turned to the gardener. "I don't think I got your name, by the way," he added. "I'm Keith, Keith Masters. And this is my partner, Meowth."

"Pleased ta meetcha," Meowth chimed in. He still felt like the gardener might know more than he was letting on, so he was listening carefully to whatever the man might say, see if there were any clues to be detected in how he spoke or what he said.


Update 23
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneasel12, post: 7071255, member: 3180
Missingno. Master - Opting to sit by the gardener and await the arrival of the mage, you watch as the Parasect works with incredible haste to repair the garden. Where wilted flowers once stood new growth sprouts swiftly, and even the crater where the Skuntank exploded is swiftly filled in by the bug. All the while the man sits smiling, seemingly ignoring your question as to his identity, letting out a small laugh every now and then.

Just as the garden is soon to return to it's full glory the man finally speaks up, "What a shame, to not be able to see the meadow in its full glory." With that, his slight laughing becomes a full blown cackle as his garb twists and darkens, puffs of dark smoke enveloping the man before swirling out swiftly around him. The sight is practically paralyzing, as the smoke begins to envelope the entire area, until everything simply becomes black.


And as soon as the overwhelming darkness had appeared, it promptly fades away, leaving yourself and Meowth just outside the Cave of Strength once more. Mere feet away from you sits a man in a dark purple cloak, hood pulled up over his head so that the only thing that can be seen of his form is a large, toothy grin.

"Ah, the Cave of Strength," the man mutters, "a place one can enter with ease but can only leave by their own merit." Standing, he begins slowly striding towards the entrance, the shock of the event leaving yourself and Meowth as you find your bodies suddenly able to move once more.


Reply 23
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master, post: 7072459, member: 21823
Parasect was working fast, very fast indeed, to repair the garden, with new growth sprouting wherever wilted flowers once stood, and even the crater getting filled in.

The speed at which the Parasect worked, however, was not at the forefront of Keith's mind. Rather, he was slightly annoyed by the fact that the gardener had yet to actually answer his question about his identity. He simply sat where he was, occasionally giving a small laugh as Keith and Meowth exchanged bewildered looks.

This, however, did not go on forever. Just as Parasect looked to be wrapping things up, the man finally spoke, but rather than reveal his identity, he instead stated what a shame it was to not be able to see the meadow in all its glory. Before anything could be said in reaction to this, he gave an unnerving cackle, his clothing twisting and going as dark as the smoke that was starting to envelop him. Neither Keith nor Meowth could even move as the smoke engulfed the entire area.


And then, the darkness was gone. But, Keith was quick to notice, so was the meadow- they were back just outside the Cave of Strength! And there was a man beside them in a dark purple cloak, complete with hood over his head, so all that could be seen of him was a large, toothy grin. He spoke quietly about the Cave of Strength before getting up and striding toward said place.

"...WHAT JUST HAPPENED?!" Keith exploded, once the extraordinary occurrences of the past minute finally caught up with him.

"I knew sometin' ain't seemed right about dat guy!" Meowth spat. "Always felt ta me-owth like he knew more den he was lettin' on! Hey! Youse!" Meowth added, leaping off Keith's shoulder and landing right in the man's path. "Stop right dere!"

Keith was quick to rush to Meowth's side, likewise standing in front of the cloaked man. "Who are you and what is going on here?" he demanded.

"And dis time, youse betta answer dis guy!" Meowth added, brandishing his claws. "I've had it up ta here wit all da screwiness goin' on today, so eitha start talkin' or come and get yer daily dose o' vitamin Fury Swipes!"

Keith had nothing to add to this; rather, he was trying to see if he could get a better look at the man's face, anything other than the grin. Wanted to see what, if any, emotions he could get from the guy's expression- he had absolutely no idea who they were dealing with here, and while he would be fine letting Meowth attack if the need arose, he also wanted to be damn sure that said need was actually arising here in the first place.


Update 24
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneasel12, post: 7074205, member: 3180
Missingno. Master - Promptly calling out the man for his new, strange appearance and the dark fog that had just transported you back to the entrance to the Cave, yourself and Meowth make your displeasure towards his cryptic ways known and known well. But the man doesn't even bother to grace you with turning his face back towards you, instead opting to stare directly towards the cave entrance. That is, until you get directly into his face, attempting to get a better look under his hood, where you are met with a piercing gaze of bright red eyes, his smile widening as he seems to look straight through you.

"Why, have you not yet realized what has become of you? What more is to come for you to leave?" The man slowly raises one arm, a bony finger cloaked in a dark purple glove pointing towards the cave. "You cannot leave this cave aside from your own merit, and as such part of yourself has been lost here."

The further dodging of your question is made only more obvious as he simply places his hand on your opposite shoulder to Meowth, a cold chill running through the area he touches before he simply begins to walk past and into the cave. "Perhaps you'll find it once you help this boy, or perhaps the boy requires that you find it to save him." Removing his hand from your shoulder he presses on, "It is quite the conundrum. But then, why ever were you sent to find me if you could do this all on your own?"


Reply 24
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master, post: 7075785, member: 21823
This man, this mystery of a man, was clearly capable of a great deal many things. Keith had seen enough to know this to be true. That said, he'd also seen enough to sincerely doubt that straightforward answers were not among that which he was capable of, for he refused to give a simple, straight answer, instead stating that leaving the cave was impossible except by one's own merit, and therefore, part of Keith was lost there. Keith and Meowth exchanged bewildered looks at this, before the man touched Keith's shoulder. Keith shuddered- his hand was frigid to the touch. The man continued towards the cave, speculating that Keith might find this lost part of him once he helped Yohan. Or maybe it was that Yohan required Keith to find this part of himself in order to save him. Keith's head was spinning at this point, but it was the man's final words that got the gears turning. "Why was- sent to find- you mean-"

"Dis guy's da mage?!" Meowth exclaimed.

"I mean, he's clearly got powers of some sort, so in hindsight, kinda makes sense," Keith shrugged. "But if I could do this all on my... why... sent to find..." Keith's eyes gradually widened, his mouth falling open as it dawned on him. "...oh, that piece of shit,," Keith hissed.

"Wat?" Meowth asked.

"Dusknoir!" Keith exclaimed. "Meowth, that was no accident that he let slip about the mage- he played us like fiddles! Sent us on this wild-Zangoose chase to waste our time and leave him free to drain Yohan- oh, geez, Yohan," he murmured, turning back to the cave. "We gotta get back in there, Meowth!" he exclaimed. "We've already wasted so much time! I just hope we're not too late," he groaned as he took off running after the mage.


Update 25
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneasel12, post: 7078584, member: 3180
Missingno. Master - Stuttering about unsure of what this man was even going on about, you exchange looks with Meowth at his rather less than straightforward answers, before the sudden realization strikes that this very man is none other than the mage you were sent to find in order to defeat the Dusknoir and save young Yohan. Worse still, if the mage's words ring true, only your own actions can grant safe passage out of the Cave of Strength, and his help may not have been needed in the first place! That vile cur Dusknoir clearly sent you on this mission in order to further drain Yohan, securing time away from your intrusion and possibly finishing its terrible plan.

Running in after the mage, you find yourself greeted by the very same room with a varitable horde of Z-Crystals dotting the walls, with no clear way forward from here. What's more, there doesn't seem to be any voice prompting you through the room as before, and even the mage seems to be stumped as he wanders about for a moment examining the room.

Your eyes are however, drawn to a few small divots in the wall ahead, small diamond shaped dents where Z-Crystals were once housed now empty. Stranger still, the six empty slots form a perfect circle in the wall, each one pointing to the next slot in the formation.

"An odd place your Cave has taken the shape of," the mage chuckles at your predicament, before offering out his hand. "I've found these Z-Crystals scattered about the room, I'm guessing at least some of these fit into the holes you've found."

Dumping his findings into your hands, you see that he has located a Psychium Z, a Grassium Z, a Darkinium Z, a Ghostium Z, a Rockium Z, a Buginium Z, and Poisonium Z. But which six of these are meant to fit in the slots? And in what pattern?


Reply 25
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master, post: 7078979, member: 21823
With everything finally clicking, Keith wasn't wasting any more time. He and Meowth were right behind the mage as the they entered the cave, finding themselves in the same room from before, the one where the walls were studded with a Champion's ransom in Z-Crystals. Annoyingly, one thing about it that was different from before was the lack of a guiding voice- no doubt that voice before had been Dusknoir, and of course no way in hell he'd want Keith making it through now...

"Hm," Keith murmured, noticing something else askew about the room. "What have we here?" And as he approached a wall, he saw a few diamond-shaped divots- six, to be exact, in a perfect circle, each pointing to the next one in the formation. Exactly the right shape for Z-Crystals, he realized. And as this occurred to him, the mage held out his hand- conveniently, he'd found some Z-Crystals lying around, and supposed that some of them might fit into these holes. "Yeah," Keith murmured, scooping up the Z-Crystals.

"And if dey's gotta be in a certain orda," Meowth piped up, "I'm tinkin' it's got ta do wit type matchups."

"My thoughts exactly," agreed Keith. "Alright, so, six holes, seven Z-Crystals, question being, which one's out? Poisonium beats Grassium, Grassium beats Rockium, Rockium beats Buginium, Buginium beats Darkinium, Darkinium beats Ghostium, Ghostium beats Psychium, Psychium beats Poisonium... wait- Dark beats Ghost, Ghost beats Psychic-" he added, realizing. He and Meowth exchanged looks of sudden realization. "Dark also beats Psychic!" they exclaimed simultaneously. With this established, Keith hastened to fit the Z-Crystals into the slots, leaving out the Ghostium Z, in the order he'd just established- Poisonium, Grassium, Rockium, Buginium, Darkinium, Psychium, each one pointing to the one it was super effective against, forming a very nice type hexagon. If that wasn't ever a term, it sure as hell is now.


Update 26
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneasel12, post: 7079068, member: 3180
Missingno. Master - Examining the Z-Crystal shaped holes for a moment, with a little help from the Z-Crystals the mage has found lying about the cavern, your first thought is that this hexagonal ring must have something to do with type matchups. A thought that Meowth just happens to blurt out before you can. Listing off the types here, there's a fairly obvious chain between all seven of the crystals, but only six slots to fit them into.

A sudden realization dawns about the both of you, shouting out that one of the steps in the chain is unneeded, as Dark beats Psychic as well as Ghost. Hastily fitting the remaining Z-Crystals into the ring on the wall, the type hexagon glows momentarily, the crystals sinking into the stone and holding themselves in place. This just leaves the Ghostium in your hand, pulsing with energy but nowhere to go, until a blast of ghostly wind erupts from the crystal, pushing the three of you backwards.

The Ghostium Z floats menacingly in the air for a moment, before beginning to crack and shatter, the shards glowing and growing in size before breaking again and again, slowly forming an almost humanoid shape. After a moment, the shape takes proper form as pure Ghost energy coalesces in one final pulse, revealing a large Golurk standing between you and the hexagon you had just created.

Reeling a fist backwards before punching, a Shadow Punch rips through the room, striking Meowth, though luckily the Normal type is immune to the attack. However as the Golurk lurches forward slowly, its clear this foe isn't about to let up just because its surprise assault didn't work out as intended.


Reply 26
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master, post: 7079070, member: 21823
Keith hastened to fit the Z-Crystals into their intended slots- every moment counted here, and he knew it. And for a moment, he grinned triumphantly, seeing the momentary glow as the Z-Crystals were fixed in place. But this triumphant moment was short-lived; the remaining Z-Crystal, the Ghostium Z, let loose a blast of ghostly wind that pushed everyone backawards. "Wha..." Keith murmured, at a momentary loss for words as the Z-Crystal hovered in midair. And then, it shattered! The shards glowed, grew in size, then shattered once more. This process repeated itself as a vaguely humanoid shape began to form before them, and with the final pulse that pulled all the energy together, it became clear that their assailant was a large, formidable Golurk. The towering titan let fly a Shadow Punch. Keith winced, even as the attack just barely missed him- the intended target was Meowth, however, who took the Ghost move like the nothing that it was to him. "Boy, we know type matchups betta den dis big lug," he remarked.

"That we do," Keith nodded. "Here comes Golurk," he added, noticing the giant fighting robot starting to lurch forward- it was obviously not deterred in the slightest by the epic fail that was its opening attack. "Meowth, go!" Keith exclaimed, gesturing forward.

"I'm on dis!" Meowth declared, jumping down. Normally, he'd have hesitated at the idea of going up against such an alarming opponent, but he knew there was too much at stake to be a scaredy-Meowth about it. He assumed a fighting stance, claws extended.

"Alright, Meowth, start with Mimic!" Keith ordered. "Copy that thing's opening move for your own use, then show it a real Shadow Punch! Then follow up with Water Pulse!" He grinned, confident in these orders- Golurk's blunder was actually going to be quite the opportunity for Meowth to temporarily gain a move that was not only super effective against this adversary, but would also surely gain even more power in the paws of a skilled Technician like Meowth.


Update 27
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneasel12, post: 7080202, member: 3180
Missingno. Master - A bit shocked by the sudden appearance of the massive Golurk before you, it's a bit of a relief that its surprise attack wasn't able to affect Meowth, a sentiment the cat clearly shares as he jumps from your shoulder, claws at the ready to take down this titan.

Quickly proceeding to Mimic the Shadow Punch that was thrown at him, Meowth picks up use of the move to hopefully put the hurt on this gargantuan colossus. The Golurk, however, clearly just now realizes that its attack did a whopping nothing to Meowth, and proceeds to switch tactics. Jets bursting from its feet, it closes the gap quickly, an arm raised back to deliver a hefty blow. The attack is so telegraphed it isn't even funny, something easily avoidable by most Pokemon. But as Meowth goes to strafe to the side to dodge the blow, the Golurk's other fist quickly launches itself from its arm as a rocket, delivering a hefty Dynamic Punch directly to Meowth's head and sending him reeling with confusion. Stopping in the air as the hand returns and reattaches, it's clear this particular foe is employing No Guard tactics to ensure its attacks land.

Dazed by the previous attack, Meowth finds himself unable to execute his newfound technique, a situation the Golurk capitalizes on heavily as it slowly approaches, mechanical servos whirring as it raises a limb into the air and brings down a hefty Hammer Arm into the cat before it, the excessive force at least slowing down the titan for the future. Unfortunately, between these two hefty blows and the damage sustained in the Meadow, Meowth isn't exactly looking too hot at the moment, staring with glazed over eyes at the foe before him.

Reeling an arm back, the Golurk begins focusing a massive amount of its energy into one, fight ending blow. Fortunately, before it can swing, Meowth temporarily breaks through his addled state, releasing a Water Pulse to drench the titan, the sudden shock to its system causing its energy to temporarily reboot as its arm drops from its raised position. While the attack may have been stopped, it's clear Meowth is in no shape to deal with this formidable foe on his own.


Reply 27
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master, post: 7080281, member: 21823
Keith suppressed a chuckle as Golurk went for another attack, one so obvious and easily avoidable that it was honestly comical. That is, of course, until the attack unexpectedly landed. Keith gritted his teeth- Golurk had No Guard! And that combined with a powerful move like Dynamic Punch, that was just asking for trouble. The confusion resulting from the move left Meowth reeling hard, and the Hammer Arm Golurk used as a follow-up move did heavy damage. "Oh, geez, Meowth!" Keith exclaimed. At that point, however, Meowth was able to fight through the confusion for a moment and land the Water Pulse as ordered, shutting down Golurk's attempt at finishing it off. As Meowth stumbled and turned around, Keith held up three fingers. "How many fingers am I holding up, Meowth?" he asked.

"...September?" Meowth mumbled in a daze.

"Yeah, this is a problem," Keith stated. He reached for his belt. The Fast Ball- nope. Anion would be next to useless against a Ground/Ghost-type. Dennis and Stewie were unconscious. He grabbed the purple Poison Ball, but as he did so, the Fast Ball rattled, then burst open.

Keith stared as his Minun reappeared. "Mai mai!" Anion declared boldly, standing on the ground before them. Then, she looked up- way up- and saw the Golurk properly. "Mai..." she murmured weakly, before hastening to retreat behind Keith.

"Oh, no," Keith stated, picking up the plucky Pikaclone. "Anion, Meowth can't do this alone. Or... probably not at all if I'm being honest," he added, with another look.

"Meowth, dat's right..." Meowth was mumbling, teetering around like a drunken Spinda.

"Minun mai," Anion conceded, seeing this.

"Look, I get this isn't the best matchup for you," Keith stated. "But I'm not asking you to do this alone, alright? You'll have backup."

"Mai..." murmured Anion.

"There's a life at stake here, Anion," Keith said seriously. "Please?"

"...Mai mai!" Anion finally nodded, cheeky grin back in place.

"That's the spirit," Keith grinned back as the Electric-type hopped down to the ground. This left Keith free to grab one of his least-used items; Meowth's Poké Ball. "Meowth, return!" Keith declared, withdrawing the confused Normal-type, only for him to send himself back out onto Keith's shoulder, shaking his head vigorously- as Keith had hoped, the brief stint in his ball had cleared up Meowth's confusion, though Keith had no intention of sending him back into the fight.

"Gah... I feel like I been hit by a freight train," Meowth groaned.

"You're not that far off," Keith stated.

"Wh... yer sendin' Anion in ta fight dat ting?" Meowth said incredulously, seeing the tiny Minun facing off against the gigantic Golurk.

"Not by herself," Keith stated, finally throwing the Poison Ball. "Aster, let's go!" he exclaimed.

The ball split open, and in a flash of light and a swirl of stars, there appeared an unusually pink Toxapex beside Anion. "Tox, Toxapex!" Aster exclaimed.

"Mai mai!" Anion said to Aster.

"Toxa," smiled Aster. Keith smiled as well- Aster might be shy and reserved, but most certainly not when there was a battle to be had.

"Let's do it, then!" Keith stated. "Aster, use Baneful Bunker to block whatever Golurk goes for, then follow up with Liquidation and Hex! Anion, use Magnet Rise, strike using Acrobatics, and power up Aster's Hex with your Helping Hand!"


Update 28
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneasel12, post: 7081515, member: 3180
Missingno. Master - Deciding that this isn't Meowth's fight to fight, the cat is recalled, only to reappear on your shoulder, having shaken his confusion from being in his ball for a moment. Opting to take on this titan with not one, but two Pokemon, Anion and the Minun and Aster the Toxapex take Meowth's place, with a little convincing required for the former due to the size of their massive foe.

Opting to go for a defensive strategy for the moment, a Baneful Bunker sees Aster hunkered down to defend from an incoming blow, while a surge of electricity allows Anion to begin floating in the air thanks to Magnet Rise to hopefully avoid most of the Golurk's terrible typespam against the small Minun. Golurk, slowed by its previous technique, whirs into action, a sudden charge of High Horsepower sending it sailing towards the Toxapex, only to smash itself into the bunker, the pins of the shield stabbing into the mechanical titan, poisoning it.

Anion is quick to get to punishing the Golurk, zipping through the air and striking with a burst of Acrobatics, aided with extra nimbleness due to the lack of held item, while Aster sprays a Liquidation stream at the monster, the Merciless Toxapex dealing a critical blow against the titan thanks to its poisoned state. The Golurk's core whirs with energy, before raising its arms into the air to disperse a pulse of Gravity through the room, the sudden surge forcing Anion back to the ground for now.

Looking to deal a hefty blow to the creature preventing you from progressing through the cave, the hearty applause of a Helping Hand from Anion giving a boost of enthusiasm to Asher as the Toxapex's sadistic Hex forms, shredding into the golem before you thanks to the poison running through the clay creature. While the hits its taken are clearly showing a bit of wear, it's obvious that the Golurk is far from defeat at this point, and an incredibly destructive Magnitude shakes the room to prove the titan's horrible might, a quaking that neither Asher nor Anion is at all appreciative of.


Reply 28
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master, post: 7083607, member: 21823
The battle got underway, and to Keith's delight, his decision to have Aster defend herself in such a manner was the right one, for Golurk went in for a High Horsepower, running afoul of the poisonous nature of the Baneful Bunker! This boded well, especially for Aster, the usually bashful Toxapex able to showcase her Merciless battle style in all its glory. Liquidation- critical hit. Hex- not only a critical hit, but doubled in power in the first place since its target had a status condition. Keith grinned- teaching Aster that move was a seriously good idea!

The grin, however, had faded somewhat as Golurk went for Gravity, counteracting Anion's Magnet Rise and sending the Minun falling right back down to the ground. Golurk was quick to capitalize on this, unleashing a forceful Magnitude that shook up both its opponents.

"Toooooxaaaa!" wailed Aster.

"Mai-ai-aiiiii!" Anion exclaimed.

"Gah!" Keith grunted, standing strong as the ground shook, with Meowth clinging to his arm as though for dear life. "Hah... OK, whew," he sighed once the attack subsided. "Damn... Golurk's not going down easily," he remarked.

"Didn't tink it would," said Meowth.

"Same," Keith nodded, frowning. Golurk's durability was undoubtedly a big part of the reason why it was blocking their way- to waste more time! They had to act, and act fast, if they had any hope of getting past it. An idea occurred to Keith at this point, one which ignited an all-too-familiar gleam in his eye, though this wasn't about personal gain- if this would be faster than outright defeating the Golurk, surely that could only be a good thing? "Alright- Anion, Aster, are you two still good to go?" he called out.

"Mai mai!" nodded Anion.

"Toxapex!" Aster confirmed.

"Good," grinned Keith. "Anion, time to show Golurk those moves we've been working on! I know you only just recently learned them, but the time has come- use Ice Beam, Shadow Ball, then Energy Ball! Aster, Venom Drench, then bombard it with Hex after Hex!" As he spoke, Keith reached into his backpack, reached right for the Poké Ball pocket, and closed his fingers around an empty Dusk Ball, watching the action intently as he did so.

"...Eh?" Meowth murmured, finally noticing what Keith was doing, and subsequently, the look in his eyes. "...is youse serious?" he groaned.

Keith nodded seriously. "We're on a timer, Meowth, and we don't know how short of one it is," he stated. "If it's gonna take too long to outright defeat Golurk... then I'll have to catch it."


Update 29
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneasel12, post: 7083727, member: 3180
Missingno. Master - Clutching at a Dusk Ball as you issue your orders, you make your choice to end this fight now, one way or another. A Venom Drench from Aster coats the poisoned titan, lowering its stats as a result, while a lancing Ice Beam reaches out from Anion to deal some devastating damage. Almost uncaring, the Golurk coats its head in a shimmering glow and charges forward, directly slamming headlong into Aster with a Zen Headbutt. The charge sends Aster skidding across the floor past yourself and Meowth, stopping just in front of the mage, who has been watching intently this entire fight.

This doesn't deter the Toxapex at all, though, and the assault continues as Aster unleashes a second dose of Hex, further punishing the golem for its poisoned status, while Anion continues the typespam assualt by producing an orb of pure shadows, lobbing the Shadow Ball into the Golurk, the combined attacks pushing it back a ways towards the wall. Loosing a single fist as a rocket, the titan retaliates, the Drain Punch landing firmly on Anion, sapping away a fair chunk of health to keep the Golurk in your path.

More super effective attacks are lobbied, this time another Hex and an Energy Ball to go with it, dealing yet more massive damage to the golem, the Grass type attack having the added benefit of causing the monstrosity's Special Defense to fall visibly before your eyes. Once more, the Golurk reaches for the ground, the resulting Earthquake pulsing through the room, cracking the walls as Z Crystals glow in response, the damage causing both Anion and Aster to tremble, neither looking particularly great. Still, they look better off than the Golurk as the poison in its system ticks away, leaving it in a rather sorry state in comparison to the menacing form that had appeared before you at the start of this fight.


Reply 29
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master, post: 7083734, member: 21823
Anion and Aster went on the offensive yet again, with the former letting loose a barrage of super effective moves, and the latter, after first making sure to weaken the colossus before them, followed up with her own barrage of powerful moves. Slowly but surely, Golurk was weakening.

Alas, it was the "slowly" part of this that Keith was taking issue with. By no means was Keith Masters an impatient man, but when lives were at stake, he knew well the importance of hurrying the hell up. And to make matters worse, one of the attacks Golurk had launched this time around was Drain Punch. Sapping precious hit points away from the Minun to replenish its own. And then came the Earthquake for massive damage, both to the Pokémon and to the cave. Keith gritted his teeth- the walls around them were starting to crack, Golurk could cause a cave-in!

"WAH!" Meowth yowled as the cave shook. "Is it tryin' ta kill us all?!"

"Wouldn't doubt it at this point," Keith stated.

"Maaaiiii..." groaned Anion, standing up unsteadily.

"Toxaaaa..." added Anion, her numerous legs shaking as she somehow remained upright.

"Anion and Aster ain't got much more in dem fer dis, eitha," Meowth pointed out. "But Golurk ain't lookin' too hot itself."

"Yeah, but..." murmured Keith. "If we can't finish it off quick enough, it'll probably use Magnitude or Earthquake again, and I don't think we'll be quite as lucky... I've got to try," he stated.

"At dis point I ain't even gonna argue wit dat logic," said Meowth.

"Right. Aster, Anion, stay alert," Keith advised his Pokémon. "If this doesn't go the way I'm hoping, I need you both to use the same moves I ordered last time, alright? Except no Venom Drench- just make it all Hexes, Aster."

"Mai mai!" nodded Anion, keeping a wary, watchful eye on Golurk all the while.

"Toxapex!" Aster agreed, doing likewise.

With that being said, Keith's time to act had come. With his free hand, he turned his hat backwards. His right hand clutched the Dusk Ball, now enlarged to its full size. He brought his right arm back, then heaved the sphere right at Golurk. "Go! Dusk Ball!" Keith exclaimed.


*Keith used Dusk Ball!*


Update 30
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneasel12, post: 7091527, member: 3180
Missingno. Master - With the Golurk threatening to bring the very cave down upon all of your heads, you clearly need to end this before it gets any worse. Twisting your cap on your head, you pitch a Dusk Ball like you were in the major leagues, the ball sailing towards the hulking behemoth of a roadblock in front of you. Just as it's looking like the ball will connect, the Goluck holds out one arm, catching the Dusk Ball in its hand. Energy pulsing through the golem, its massive fingers wrap around the ball before it proceeds to crush the orb, causing it to splinter and shatter in its grip, leaving naught but dust of the capturing device.

As if the insult of destroying your ball wasn't bad enough, the Golurk's other arm reaches back to the wall behind it, large mechanical fingers digging into the stone work to wrap around a crystal in the wall. Ripping the crystal from the earth a bright glow envelops the fist of the Golurk before it comes crashing down to the ground, a massive shockwave erupting forward, ripping up the ground in a massive Tectonic Rage that barrels through the earth and into Aster, the resulting spikes from the floor sending the Toxapex flying through the cave to land at your feet, unconscious.

Anion's companion now out of the battle, the Minun looses an Ice Beam as per your orders, more out of desperation than anything else, the cold beam lancing into the Golurk's chest and causing a large frozen patch across the cracked clay. The Golurk reels for a moment from the attack, before the glow of energy from its core fades and its form shatters into mere shards of Z-Crystals to scatter across the floor, leaving your path now unblocked thanks to the large hole in the far wall the construct just created for you in preparation for its final attack.


Reply 31
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master, post: 7092741, member: 21823
Realistically, Keith wasn't sure what to expect in these next few seconds. Maybe he'd catch the Golurk. Maybe the ball would wobble a few times before Golurk broke free. Maybe Golurk would even break free before the ball could land on the ground. That said, as realistic as Keith tried to keep his expectations, even he wasn't prepared to see Golurk grab the Dusk Ball out of the air and crush it into a fine powder. Keith's eyes bulged almost comically, and Meowth made a funny squeaking noise.

But that wasn't enough for Golurk- with its other arm, it grabbed one of the Z-Crystals out of the wall- along with the surrounding wall- and tapped into its power to unleash the Ground-type Z-Move- Tectonic Rage! The super effective Ground-type Z-Move sent Aster flying backwards, and the Shiny Toxapex came to rest at Keith's feet. "Toxaaaaa," she groaned, completely knocked out.

"Oh, man," Keith groaned, holding out Aster's Poison Ball. "Aster, return now!" he said, withdrawing the Poison/Water-type. "Rest up- you were great," he murmured.

It all rested on Anion now, and the Minun wasn't messing around. "Mai maiiii... MINUUUUUUN!" Anion exclaimed, letting fly an Ice Beam at Golurk. And thankfully, this was all it took- Golurk shattered before their eyes, into naught but Z-Crystal shards. In hindsight, as Keith observed this, perhaps it was foolish to try and catch the Golurk- it probably wasn't an actual Golurk in the first place. But before Keith could dwell on this too much, he heard Anion cry out. "Mai mai! Mai mai!" the Electric-type was exclaiming, pointing to where Golurk had dug out the Groundium Z. "Aha!" Keith grinned. "Of course- we have our opening!" He scooped up his Minun in his arms and took off towards the hole in the wall. They were getting closer, and with the way no longer obstructed, there was no time to lose.


Update 31
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneasel12, post: 7097575, member: 3180
Missingno. Master - Shocked by the ball being crushed to dust, shock turns to horror as the room shakes thanks to a Tectonic Rage that knocks Aster clean out, leaving Anion to finish off the Golurk, a job the Minun manages thanks to the low health of the golem. Shaking off the encounter you spy the hole that has been cleared by the Pokemon's powerful Z Move, leading directly into another room further into the cave. The Mage accompanying you seems to have the same idea, climbing through the hole and waving you in to progress. In here is another room familiar to you, this one lined with Mega Stones from wall to wall instead of Z Crystals.

The Mage doesn't even have to do the busy work of grabbing you the necessary items this time, as four Mega Stones roll about the room lazily, with only two obvious divots for the stones to fit into, one on either end of the room to your left and right.

"Oh great. Another puzzle." The Mage complains, "It's always something with this cave. Tests and more tests."

The four stones here all appear different in coloration, with one being of a yellow marble with a cream and grey swirl inside. The second one is a bright blue with the inner swirl predominantly pink and yellow with a slight twinge of orange. The third stone takes a brighter yellow color than the first, with an inner swirl of red and dark blue. Finally, the fourth is a pale blue that appears almost white in color, with the inner swirl taking on a color of pale green and two shades of pink. But which of these four are to fit in the two slots available?


Reply 31
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master, post: 7098396, member: 21823
The battle against Golurk could have easily gone a lot smoother, but it also could have gone worse. And right now, it left them with a way forward, and Keith would gladly take that. Except, as it turned out, this led them straight into another puzzle. "Not another one!" Meowth exclaimed.

"Well, no time to complain about it now," Keith stated, already scooping up the Mega Stones. "Four Mega Stones, two slots. OK... Meowth, you wanna help with this?" he asked.

"Dey's Mega Stones. Dey're shiny. Dat's all I got," Meowth snarked.

"Yeah, worked that much out for myself, as it happens," Keith retorted. "Look, my hands are full with these things- dig my Pokédex outta my pocket, see if we can identify these Mega Stones, get an idea what we're working with here."

"Gotcha," Meowth replied, nimbly climbing down Keith, fishing his Pokédex out of his pants pocket, and returning to his usual spot on the man's shoulder. "Alright, hold 'em up," he said, opening the device and working the buttons with the precision of a skilled Technician. Keith did as instructed, and Meowth started to scan the Mega Stones. "Alright, contestant numba one... dat's a Kangaskhanite," Meowth stated, pointing to the yellow Mega Stone with the cream and grey swirl. "And lessee here... Second one's a Medichamite," he declared, pointing to the bright blue Mega Stone with the pink, yellow, and very slightly orange swirl. "And behind door numba tree... yep, dis one's a Gyaradosite," he reported, now gesturing to the bright yellow one with the red and dark blue swirl. "And last but not least... dat's a Gardevoirite," he finished, with a glance at the pale blue Mega Stone with a swirl combining pale green with varying shades of pink.

"Kangaskhanite, Medichamite, Gyaradosite, Gardevoirite," Keith murmured, deep in thought. "And only two slots... so which Mega Stones to go with? If it's got to do with type matchups...?"

"Wat if it's just types in common?" Meowth wondered out loud. "Medicham and Gardevoir are both Psychic-types, ain't nuttin' else outta dese four wat dat shares a type."

"Yeah... yeah, that's true," Keith nodded. "Y'know what, Meowth? Best theory we got, so let's roll with it." With that, he strolled over to the left side of the room and placed the Gardevoirite in that divot, then over to the right side, and into that divot went the Medichamite. And back Keith went, keeping a wary eye out. "Meowth, Anion, be ready for anything," he instructed his Meowth and Minun.

"Gotcha," Meowth nodded.

"Mai mai," agreed Anion. After that Golurk, Anion wasn't about to underestimate anything else this place was prepared to throw their way.


Update 32
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneasel12, post: 7098545, member: 3180
Missingno. Master - Scooping up the Mega Stones and getting to work instead of complaining the the Mage you brought here for... some reason, you hold up each stone while Meowth pages through your Pokedex, attempting to identify each by sight. Listing off the group as a Kangaskhanite, Medichamite, Gyaradosite, and Gardevoirite, a brief discussion is in order to determine what goes where. With precious few clues from the walls here aside from only being given two slots to work with, it's decided that this still has something to do with types as the last set of indentations did. Meowth's theory of types in common is picked up on, and soon enough the Medichamite and Gardevoirite are selected and placed carefully in the two slots available to you.

For a moment, nothing seems to occur, but soon and sure enough the remaining Mega Stones you hold begin glowing brightly as the walls themselves light up with the stones set throughout them. The remaining two stones become hot with energy, too hot to hold in fact, causing them to clatter to the ground before rolling towards the back wall and giving a similar reaction to the Z Crystal in the previous room. Shattering and expanding in a cascade of lights, two forms begin to take shape before you. The first is that of a Kangaskhan, which promptly erupts in further light, its joey jumping from its pouch as the Pokemon Mega Evolves before your eyes. The second, however, is not the expected Gyarados that the stone would have seemed to be. Instead, a small, hunched, humanoid form takes shape, that of a Sableye. Like the Kangaskhan, this Pokemon also erupts in light, a gem from its body springing forth and growing massive in size, clutched by the Sableye as it takes on its Mega Evolved form.

The Mega Pokemon stand between you and the far wall, watching you expectantly, quite unlike the Golurk in the previous room. It would seem they are more than content in letting you take your time as they bar you from progressing further.


Reply 32
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master, post: 7099134, member: 21823
Keith expected something to happen with the unused Mega Stones. And sure enough, when they grew too hot to hold, he let them fall to the ground without any resistance- bring on the Mega Kangaskhan and the Mega Gyarados, he figured. The previous room gave a pretty clear indicator that this was the sort of thing to expect.

Except, he was only half-right. The Kangaskhanite took the form of a Kangaskhan, but the other Mega Stone took a considerably smaller form than either Keith or Meowth had been expecting- that of the Darkness Pokémon, Sableye.

Keith glanced at Meowth. "Gyaradosite, huh?" he remarked.

"Hey, a lotta dese tings look similar," Meowth complained. "Do you know how close I came ta tinkin' dat Gardevoirite was a Venusaurite?"

"Alright, well, either way, seems like we ended up on the right track regardless, so whatever works," Keith stated, turning his attention back to the Kangaskhan and Sableye, both of which were already Mega Evolving. "We gotta fight these things, and they're not gonna make it easy."

"Right!" Meowth exclaimed, jumping down to the ground, claws extended and ready for action.

Anion ran up alongside Meowth as well. "Mai mai!" she declared, her cheek pouches sparking.

"Then here we go!" declared Keith. "Meowth, use Nasty Plot, then hit them both with Swift and Shadow Wave! Anion, use Nuzzle on the Sableye, hit them both with Growl, and power up Meowth's Shadow Wave with your Helping Hand!" This spurred the pair of Pokémon into action at once. And Meowth made sure to not lose sight of the baby Kangaskhan as well- the Mega Evolution energy had affected it more than the mother, it was sure to be just as much a threat by now.


Update 33
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneasel12, post: 7114379, member: 3180
Missingno. Master - Watching as the Mega Stones take form, you make point to call Meowth out for his incorrect guess as to the Sablenite forming before you, to wit the cat responds by pointing out there's basically no rhyme or reason to the differing colorations of Mega Stones nor easy way to figure out which is which. Jumping back off your shoulder once more, Meowth readies himself for battle by Anion as the battle prepares to get started.

But as Anion rushes in towards the Sableye, a cheap trick awaits the Minun, a swift Sucker Punch reaching out behind the balwark of a gem the gremlin Pokemon holds to deal a decent blow. It doesn't dissuade Anion much, though the Minun is hardly looking well off, and the Nuzzle connects, paralyzing the Mega Sableye. Meanwhile, Meowth prepares for the fight with a Nasty Plot, carefully watching both the Kangaskhan and her joey. But the amount of caution can't quite be enough as both rush in with a Dizzy Punch, the joey connecting in Meowth's stomach while the mother lands a clean blow to the head, leaving Meowth confused once more. Anion attempts to use a cute Growl to get the opponents to back off, a tactic that gives the Mega Kangaskhan some pause for a moment, lowering its attack, but a reflection of the Minun appears in Sableye's shield, the Magic Bounce causing lowering of Anion's own attack. Meowth briefly breaks through some confusion to loose a Swift, small stars striking at the Kangaskhan and its joey, but bouncing harmlessly off the shield of the Sableye, which remains locked up by paralysis.

Just then, the Mega Kangaskhan and its joey rush at Anion, each delivering a Power-Up Punch to the Minun, which due to the damage that has been sustained all around so far, causes Anion to stumble and tumble, falling to the ground unconscious. The Sableye grins, still locked by paralysis as Meowth's confusion prevents his final attack for now, leaving him in a poor state for further fighting.


Reply 33
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master, post: 7114401, member: 21823
As the battle began, Keith got a nasty feeling it wasn't going to work in his favor so easily. Sure enough, Sableye landed a Sucker Punch on Anion, and Kangaskhan was just landing some powerful hits. Also, Keith wasn't sure what the hell he was thinking when he gave his orders, but in doing so, he seemed to have missed some quite crucial details about Mega Sableye. First and foremost, Magic Bounce- Mega Sableye's Ability, which allowed it to hit Anion with her own Growl, lowering her Attack. At least it didn't shield Kangaskhan from the move, Keith reasoned. And second, in ordering Meowth to use Swift, he appeared to have somehow forgotten than Sableye was a Ghost-type, and thus totally immune to Normal!

Things hardly got better from there. Before Keith knew it, Meowth was stumbling around, too confused to even get off the Shadow Wave, which was just as well, because Anion was too unconscious to try and power it up with Helping Hand- after all the damage the Minun had taken thus far, the Power-Up Punch from Kangaskhan was the straw that broke the Numel's back.

"Gah... Meowth, dat's right..." Meowth mumbled as he stumbled.

Keith groaned loudly- this wasn't good! His Pokémon were getting picked off with almost absurd ease. Dennis and Stewie still hadn't recovered from the battle against that giant Skuntank, Aster had fallen to the Golurk, and now Anion was down and Meowth was confused. Keith had one Pokémon left who was still in very good shape, but he'd kinda been hoping to save that one until the time came to confront Dusknoir directly. But there was no getting around it- they needed Chuck, and they needed him now.

"Anion, come back now!" Keith declared, holding out the Fast Ball and withdrawing the Minun. Then, he held out another Poké Ball- with the circumstances being what they were, he was pretty sure its occupant would agree that this qualified as an emergency. "Meowth, return!" he added, withdrawing the confused cat, only to send him right back out, the idea being that the short stay in the sphere would get rid of the confusion. Then, as Keith placed Anion's Fast Ball back on his belt, he took another Poké Ball off and enlarged it. "OK... Chuck, we need you now!" he exclaimed, throwing the ball and unleashing a grinning Gengar into the cave.

The Ghost/Poison-type turned to face Keith. "Once again?" he inquired.

Keith nodded. "No time to waste," he replied.

Chuck gave a nod. "As I suspected," he stated. "Let's do this."

With that, Keith gripped the brim of his Mega Hat. "Chuck!" he declared. "Emerge from the shadows, and make those shadows yours to control!" With that, he swept the Mega Hat off his head and held it up high. "Mega Evolve!!!" he declared. And once more, Chuck underwent that incredible transformation, becoming the formidable right before their eyes!




"Now, let's do this!" Keith declared. "Meowth, use Breaking Swipe, Shadow Wave, and Breaking Swipe again! Chuck, nail them both with Dazzling Gleam, then use Drain Punch on the Kangaskhan, and Hex on the Sableye!


Update 34
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneasel12, post: 7136920, member: 3180
Missingno. Master - Withdrawing Anion and Meowth, it's become increasingly obvious that these fights are bringing your team to the edge. Meowth pops back from his Pokeball near immediately, now cleared of his confusion but decidedly at a major disadvantage against these two foes on his own. With little option left, you make the decision that it's time for Chuck to join the fight, the Gengar appearing by your side once more, prompting a short "Oh?" from the mage walking in these trials alongside you.

One shining glint of light from your Mega Hat later and the Gengar's form begins to twist in light that reflects throughout the Mega Stones lining this section of the cave, sinking slightly into the ground as his form becomes more streamlined and ready for combat.

Meowth starts off, back fresh in the fray with a Breaking Swipe, catching both foes in the wide arcing attack, the residual Dragon energy lowering the attacks of both Mega Pokemon. Meanwhile, Chuck's Dazzling Gleam temporarily blinds both opposing Pokemon as it deals fair blows to them each. The Sableye responds by proceeding to Fling its large gem at Chuck, dealing a hefty blow, the magical gem pinning the Gengar to the ground. This leaves the Ghost wide open as the Kangaskhan and its joey rush in with a Shadow Claw to strike, as well as a followup attack by the Sableye, a Shadow Ball ripping through the air to explode atop Chuck. At least the explosion loosens the gen enough for Chuck to get free, smacking Kangaskhan with a Drain Punch to get a bit of health back after the devastating barrage.

Meowth responds to the attacks now that Chuck is clear of the fray, a Shadow Wave washing over the two enemies for a fair chunk of damage. After a brief moment of recovery, the Kangaskhan and its joey continue the assault on Chuck, each striking with a blow of Assurance, powered up due to the recent damage of the blow by Sableye, leaving Chuck in a more than sorry state thanks to the never ending slew of super effective attacks. Looking at the enemies, it's obvious as to why they are going this hard, as neither looks too great themselves, perhaps weaker than the Golurk you had just recently fought. A Hex from Chuck onto the Sableye confirms this, as the blow lands just to cause a similar shattering of the Pokemon constructed by the Mega Stones into nothing but shards. Angered by the falling of their ally, the Kangaskhan and joey dig into the far wall, ripping up a large chunk of it with a Rock Slide that flies through the air and into Chuck, leaving causing the Mega energy arround the Gengar to fade as he is knocked unconcious by the repeated blows.

Luckily, Meowth still has another attack up his sleeve for now, a final Breaking Swipe smacking into the two roos and causing them to burst like pinatas into yet more Mega Stone shards.

"How convenient that our foes continue to open the way forward for us..." the Mage muses, signaling to the now open room in front of you.


Reply 34
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master, post: 7137468, member: 21823
With Meowth's confusion cleared up and Chuck Mega Evolved, the battle resumed, The mage seemed rather intrigued by Keith's usage of his Mega Gengar, but Keith couldn't focus on that- much more important was the battle at hand.

Which... was not going well. Keith could only look on, mouth agape in disbelief, as Chuck was pinned underneath the Mega Sableye's gigantic gem. Was it somehow stopping him from sinking into the shadows or passing through the floor? Either way, he only got out from under it when practically blasted out by a Shadow Ball. Attack after attack pelted Chuck, and even in spite of him healing off some of this damage with Drain Punch, the Mega Kangaskhan knocked Chuck clean out with a Rock Slide before being finally bested by Meowth's Breaking Swipe.

"Gah," panted Meowth. "Dat was rough."

Keith, meanwhile, was listening to the mage's remark. "Yeah, it's convenient, alright," he nodded gravely, reaching into his backpack. "Almost too convenient."

"Yeah, dis has gotta be some kinda trap," Meowth stated.

"My thoughts exactly," Keith stated. "But regardless of whether it's a trap, it's also the only shot we got of stopping Dusknoir and saving Yohan." As he spoke, he produced a number of items from his bag- a Revival Herb, a Revive, and five Sitrus Berries. "So we gotta be as ready as we can," he finished, striding over to his unconscious Gengar. He took the Revival Herb and held it in front of the Ghost/Poison-type's mouth, at which Chuck began to sniff at it. Once his mouth fell open a bit, Keith dropped the Revival Herb right on in. A few moments of chewing, and then Chuck's eyes flew open almost comically.

"Ugh!" gagged Chuck as he choked down the Revival Herb. "Oh, it tastes like Muk piss!"

Keith chuckled, raising an eyebrow. "Speaking from personal experience there?" he quipped. "Yeah, I know they ain't the tastiest solution, but this is an emergency," he said.

"Gah... Yeah, you're right," conceded Chuck. "Arceus, Mew, and Helix, that's disgusting," he groaned, pulling a face.

Keith, meanwhile, handed three of the five Sitrus Berries to Meowth, who had started to greedily devour them, after which he produced a Poké Ball, sending out his unconscious Venusaur. The Revive did its work, restoring Dennis's health at least by half, and the remaining two Sitrus Berries were fed to the Venusaur in the hopes of getting the rest of the job done.

"All right," Keith stated once his Pokémon had eaten their fill. "Things are gonna get dangerous moving forward, just letting you know," he said. "There's a little boy's life at stake, and I for one won't give up. I know I can count on you, though. Are we all good to go?" he asked.

"But of course," grinned Chuck. "It'll take more than that to stop me."

Dennis grinned. "Venusaaaaur!" he declared.

"Youse can count on me-owth as well!" purred Meowth.

Keith grinned. "Thank you, guys," he said. "I know I can always count on you. All right- Chuck, Dennis, return for now," he added, withdrawing the Gengar and Venusaur. "Just to play it safe," he murmured as he reattached the balls to his belt. "Meowth?" he added.

Meowth responded by nimbly climbing back up onto his Trainer's shoulder. "Let's do dis," he grinned.

Keith grinned back, adjusting the brim on his Mega Hat, before they both turned to look at the opening ahead of them. Taking a deep breath, Keith stepped forward. Whatever lay ahead, he couldn't say for sure, but right now, he was as ready for it as he would ever be.


Update 35
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneasel12, post: 7188347, member: 3180
Missingno. Master - Having cleared out the room, you opt to take the route of healing up your squad, an apt decision given their current state and the known foe that awaits you in the next room. Chuck and Dennis are promptly revived, and berries are distributed throughout to maximize your chances at winning. As you recall your Pokemon, all aside from Meowth, that is, your traveling companion bravely steps through the hole in the wall before you, signaling for you to do the same.

Meowth now perched comfortably on your shoulder for the moment, your hat is adjusted in preparation as you step through the boundary. But what awaits you is far from what you had expected. No child on the brink of collapse to be found her, let alone the Dusknoir that had taunted you so. The Mage turns towards you, his toothy grin wide beneath his hood. "You still haven't figured it out, have you?" he chuckles, slowly turning to a raucous laughter before shedding his cloak entirely. Ghostly wisps and wind fly throughout the area, and a loud series clicking sounds can be heard from your belt. Your Pokeballs take a grey tint and become unresponsive to the touch. It would seem your other allies will do you no good here.

Looking back at the Mage reveals a shadowy mirror of yourself, with bright eyes and a smile that reaches from ear to ear. "You're dead asleep, you all and everyone you brought here! You never even left the cave!" The shadowy form disperses somewhat, forming a large ball of purple gas with a pitch black center, staring at you with the same white eyes and a smile bearing two sharp teeth. "And now I'm free to take what I've been longing for all this time. The body I've been forced to share with you!"

The form flashes for a moment before becoming enveloped in a bright white light, rapidly changing, condensing into a singular purple shadow, one that you are more than familiar with at this point. The Gengar hovers before you, eyes aglow and baring the same smile the Mage has flashed at you multiple times over now, ready to finish the job.


Reply 35
Spoiler: show
[QUOTE="Missingno. Master, post: 7188389, member: 21823"]
Keith had healed up as much of his team as he could. He'd prepared to the best of his abilities. He was ready... right?

Nope. Not even a little bit. No enemy waited for them in the next room, but before Keith could comment on this, he had the Mage's chuckling to react to. Chuckling that turned to out-and-out laughter as he removed his cloak. Keith took a step backwards, but ghostly wisps and wind were flying all around, and Keith could hear a series of loud clicking sounds. And judging by where said sounds were coming from, he had a sinking feeling. And sure enough, try as he might to send out Chuck or Dennis, the balls on his belt were utterly unresponsive. The Mage looked a mere shadow of himself, grinning maniacally as he told Keith he was asleep- he and all the Pokémon he had with him. He'd never left the cave to begin with!

Keith's mind reeled. He'd been asleep this whole time? Since he tried to leave the cave, it all had been a dream? No- before even that. Since he inexplicably collapsed during that increasingly unfair battle that was looking utterly impossible to win. Or hell, even before that, maybe, considering how that battle appeared to defy, among other things, the laws of physics? It was impossible to tell. Was that Dusknoir real? Was Yohan real? And the Mage... the Mage was changing form, having threatened to claim the body that... that he'd been forced to share with Keith? But as the changes completed themselves, that too clicked into place- the Mage was a Gengar. That was the implication- that he was supposed to be a manifestation of the quarter of Keith that was Gastly DNA. That surely couldn't be real, right? And yet, all that had transpired thus far had felt so real. His Pokémon being present, that felt real, the items he'd used on them felt real, how could this all just be some sort of drea- wait a minute.

"Gah... we gotta fight, don't we?" Meowth hissed.

"...this might not take long, Meowth," Keith murmured. "There's one thing that might work, but I really don't know if I'm on the right track."

"Hey, it's just you and me against dis crazy Gengar wat dat seems ta want youse dead, and yer crazy ideas have worked fer youse before," Meowth pointed out. "Just tell me wat ya needs me ta do!"

Keith nodded, swallowed, and took a deep breath. This really was a risky idea on so many levels, but right now, it was the best shot they had. But if Keith really was asleep this whole time, then what else could any of this be? All he knew was, he had to wake up, and wake up soon, and right now, this was the only option he could see that could conceivably do the job.

"...Use Dream Eater!!" Keith bellowed, gesturing dramatically to the Mage/Gengar.
[quote]


picklenugget
Spoiler: show

Adventure Start
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklenugget, post: 7227273, member: 129922
He had finally made it. The Fool's Path, the beginning of many a trainer's story, now including his. He took a deep breath, savoring the smell of the woods and grass. The sky was just darkening above him, so he might take Soundwave out for a stroll.

"Soundwave, I..." Myth falters, rather new to this trainer thing and not knowing what to say. "Soundwave, you should come out!" he says, hoping he said the right thing. It looks like he did the right thing, however, as Soundwave comes out of her poke ball.

"Noibat!" She cries in joy, glad to be finally let free from her Pokeball. She flies around in the air for a few moments before landing on Myth's shoulder. Myth strokes Soundwaves's fur and stares down the road. He wonders what he should do to begin his journey. Contemplating, he looks up and notices the sky is getting even darker. He had better get a move on if he didn't want to sleep in the woods.

Myth travels down the road for a bit, Soundwave following him. Myth notices that Soundwave is getting rather far away so he calls her back. She flies over to myth curious as to why he is calling her.

"Sorry Noibat, but I should probably get you back in your Pokeball," he laughs nervously, "let's hope I do it right this time." He reaches inside his bag for his Pokeball and takes it out. "Ok, um come on in Soundwave!" That was definitely not right, he thinks to himself, as his Noibat returns to his Pokeball. He sighs and continues along the road.



Ironthunder

Spoiler: show

Adventure Start
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironthunder, post: 7158817, member: 101640
Well this was... Unexpected. The last thing Liawe remembered was falling asleep at her camp in the valley, and now she awoke in what seemed to be a barren plain. Without her tent. Her bag was on the floor next to her, with an assortment of Pokeballs that she hoped were hers, but... With how weird this all was, it could've been anyone's. That issue was quickly resolved however, as three of her Pokémon emerged from her bag, proving it to be without a doubt her own as Hope floated through the fabric with a strange noise that might've been a laugh or a snarl. Following Hope from the bag on the floor came the rather sleepy forms of Carl and the Crimson Fandango, the little bird twittering happily as the bug crawled over and nestled its head into Liawe's leg. Smiling at her company, she picked up the bag and got things in order before sitting down, before grunting with surprise as the Larvesta hopped into her lap. "So, we're here, wherever 'here' is." Taking in the surroundings of the scorched plain, Liawe twisted to look at her shadowy compatriot questioningly. "Was this your doing, Hope?" The only response from the little ghost was a look of almost-calculated bemusement. "Well," she said, lowering the Crimson Fandango to the floor as she stood, "We're not getting anywhere just sat here, so what say we go figure out where we are?". This was met with a cheer from the Crimson Fandango, who crawled into her arms, and a twittering chirp from the Starly as he perched on her shoulder. Hope grimaced behind them, but set off in pursuit of her trainer as they set off through this strange land they found themselves in.


Update 1
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteiri, post: 7191032, member: 88404
Ironthunder

Desolate was the first word that came to mind. There was nothing here, nothing grew and the wind hardly made a sound. It seemed absolutely deserted, no signs of life anywhere around you, yet only one question clearly rang out in your mind: where were you? Your memory was in a slight haze, remembering falling asleep in the valley but now you were here, no sign of your tent or the belongings that were in it. All you had was your Pokeballs and bag, and no clue as to where you were or how you got here. Hope seemed happy enough, making your skin crawl slightly... had the ghost had something to do with it? Actually, you could see her floating around, seemingly looking at things that were invisible to your own eyes. A shudder crawled down your spine, hoping it was just Hope trying to scare you.

You decided that you had to find something in this wasteland, just standing here would do you no good and would make it easy for the angered buzzards above you to swoop down and pluck you and your Pokemon, one by one. As you stood, you noticed something far into the distance. You couldn't quite make it out, but it towered above everything else. You decided that this would be a good starting point to figuring... something out. You set forth towards it, slowly wandering over the scorched Earth.

Your walk was long, uneventful. Occasionally Hope would giggle as if something funny had just been whispered, always doing so after a chill made it's way through your body. Both Carl and Crimson Fandango didn't seem to notice however, keeping their eyes on the sight in front of you, which was slowly becoming much clearer than before. It was tremendous, and almost breathtaking too. You broke out into a sprint to get a better look, coming to a head directly in front of it: a massive angelic statue. Her face was blindfolded, holding a sword in her right hand and a set of scales in her left. Although her face was blindfolded, something about the way that the statue looked down on you sent chills through your body... you felt as though every ounce of your being were being weighed, judged in a sense.

As you stared at the statue, Carl suddenly cawked, his beak dropping slightly as he began to salivate. He leapt off your shoulder before you had a chance to turn around, flying towards whatever had caught his eye. You turned, watching him flutter towards a Grubbin that had wormed it's way out of the scorched Earth. It seemed like your trek had made the bird rather hungry, as he swooped down to try and Pluck the creature off the ground. You should probably make him stop, as the creature showed true terror on it's face...

What do you do?



grassyglide
Spoiler: show

Adventure Start
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by grassyglide, post: 7173021, member: 31960
[COLOR=rgb(65, 168, 95)]With Wisewoods perched on his left shoulder, Argyle stood still in between two tall and thick trees that seemed to serve as a gateway to a particularly strange part of the forest. He took a deep breath, following the air as it made its way to his lungs and then eventually back out. The air felt different than previously when he was walking in the forest. He couldn't help but feel a mystical sensation throughout his body. He turned left and met his Rowlet's gaze. It was clear that Rowlet felt a similar sensation.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgb(65, 168, 95)]
"Looks like we made it to Fortune's Woods," Argyle said to his partner, "Let's see what fortune has in store for us, huh?" He tried to feign confidence as much as possible; however, with the undeniably strong presence of an other-worldly force, his anxiety about the possibilities that laid ahead seeped in through the facade. Despite knowing that such worries were pointless, he frequently found his mind occupied with such thoughts. Being present in the moment was a work in progress for Argyle.

"Let! Let! Let!" Wisewoods chirped. It seemed as if the Rowlet had sensed Argyle getting lost in thought, after all they had spent a fair bit of time together and both knew how each other operated at this point. Wisewoods' chirp snapped Argyle back into the moment. The two seemed so small compared to the trees around them, but that didn't matter. They were here to check out the Woods and as long as they had each other and the support of their family no matter how far away they were from them, they could get back up even after facing the toughest blows Fortune could swing at them.

His eyes filled with a mixture of excitement and worry that was only natural, Argyle asked, "Well then, shall we?"

"Rowlet!" the Pokemon chirped back, his voice carrying the same mixture of excitement and worry that Argyle felt. Argyle nodded in return and took a step forward. They were now in Fortune's domain.
[/COLOR]


Update 1
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorFB, post: 7174930, member: 118084
grassyglide: As you make your way deeper into the forest, you get an overwhelming sense of being encapsulated by the surrounding trees. They tower over you, their gnarled and knotted trunks twisting round one another in a beautiful yet foreboding way. Earthy tones fill your nostrils, a mixture of rugged earth and the gentle aroma of enticing of green smells - dew soaked grass and hearty oak The dappled light peers through the overhead canopy, creating an ethereal hue which perfectly heightens the whimsical atmosphere of your surroundings. For a moment you are lost in this scenery, both literally and figuratively, your fate completely surrendered to the fickle fancies of the encroaching natural world. After walking for what feels like an eternity, swathed by the strange juxtaposition between the captivating beauty and worrying robbery of personal agency offered Fortune's Woods, you come across a small clearing. Without warning, your legs feel much heavier than they previously had, and with a frown you move towards a nearby upturned log to take the weight off.

As you rest, you begin to be plagued by the unshakeable feeling you are being watched. That nagging, uncertain tugging in your mind, desperate for you to confirm your suspicions but never quite imposing enough to act upon. As you wrestle with this sensation, your thoughts are soon torn asunder by another stimulus. Loud shouting emanates from further within the woods, just beyond the treeline. It seems to be a bunch of boisterous children hollering at something - but first impressions are often fatal, and it is clear Wisewoods is somewhat perturbed by the situation, shifting uneasily on his talons.


Reply 1
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by grassyglide, post: 7175639, member: 31960
[COLOR=rgb(46, 139, 87)]Argyle wasn't sure what he was expecting when he took that first step into Fortune's Woods, but it was definitely not this. Argyle was no stranger to strange forests. After all, he did spend quite some time walking in Ilex Forest, a forest supposedly under the auspices of Celebi, a Pokemon known to manipulate the very fabric of time. However, no breath he took in Ilex Forest felt as mystical as even the first breath he took when he stepped into Fortune's Woods. Argyle could feel that Wisewoods, who had made his home in Ilex Forest prior to meeting Argyle, also felt as if he was in a completely different world now. With each step that plunged the duo deeper into Fortune's Woods, they had felt themselves getting swept farther and farther into a new world. When the duo came upon a clearing in the woods, Argyle could not help but think that he did not end up there on his own. It seemed as if some magical force had entranced him as he and Wisewoods walked about. Or perhaps it was as if the woods were playing around with Argyle's fate, not unlike how a cat might play with its prey, and eventually seeming to decide to grant him and Wisewoods an opportunity for some rest by opening up a clearing. Try as he might, Argyle could not muster up the energy to think hard about the potential forces at work. He was too consumed with the heaviness in his legs and his desire to rest. Typically, Argyle would be quite anxious in such a situation, but he seemed to have resigned himself to whatever fate had in store for him. Thus, he supported himself on a log and sat down. Wisewoods stood on the edge of the log, trying to keep watch as vigilantly as possible, though it was hard to keep one's guard in a forest that seemed to use its enchanting beauty to disarm all who roamed its grounds.

As Argyle was about to dose off to what might have been a deep slumber, he jolted up. This sudden movement startled his Rowlet, who looked at him inquisitively. Argyle quickly scanned his surroundings but couldn't see anything out of the ordinary. "I couldn't help but feel someone or something's piercing gaze on me as I was about to drift off," Argyle explained to his partner.

"Row," the Rowlet chirpped and then positioned himself towards the direction to which Argyle had his back to when he was resting. Wisewoods was looking with a quiet intensity in his eyes, as if he sensed something in that direction. Argyle knew that his Pokemon was much more perceptive than him. Perhaps he had also picked up on the same feeling of being watched and also had a strong sense of where it was emanating from. As he mulled over whether or not to walk in the direction of Wisewoods' gaze, Argyle heard a sound. Wisewoods shifted his focus, trying to figure out where the sound was coming from. Though it seemed like the sound was coming from every direction, it did seem particularly strong straight ahead of the duo, beyond the treeline.

Argyle looked at his Rowlet. Clearly, Wisewoods was alarmed by this situation as was Argyle. However, it didn't seem like the two had a choice in the matter. They could obviously wait in the clearing, but sooner or later they would have to start moving. Argyle was not so sure the woods allow him to return home so easily. It seemed like the place that would hide the path back home until it decided not to. Argyle knew going in that he would be surrendering himself to whatever Fortune planned for him, so there did not seem a point in resisting. It was clear the forest wanted Argyle to start moving and Argyle thought he had no choice but to indulge the woods' whims. He looked at Rowlet and beckoned him to take his perch on his left shoulder. "I guess we should check out what those sounds are," Argyle said in resigned tone.

"Let," the Rowlet chirpped uneasily. That was the end of the discussion and the two slowly walked straight ahead and back into the woods. Soon, the clearing disappeared behind them and they were surrounding once again by the trees. [/COLOR]


Update 2
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorFB, post: 7178934, member: 118084
grassyglide: With the strange noises interrupting your reflection on the captivating, uneasy beauty of the forest, you begin to gradually make your way towards the source. As you duck and push your way through low hanging branches, gingerly easing your way through the bushy undergrowth, the sounds only grow louder - and more identifiable. It was definitely hollering of some sort, distinctly male - and there wasn't just one voice. Finally, you come to the edge of another clearing, with the problem at hand laid bare.

Centred at the far end of the clearing is a small but ornate shrine, two intricate Torii gates flanking a humble wooden construct. The visuals are rather enamouring, even to one familiar with this kind of architecture... which only serves to worsen the sight before you. A group of three males were whooping as they take it in turns kicking the Torii, each arching blow met with a pained splintering of wood, not quite enough to fully fell the gates but certainly testing the limit of their tensile strength. The boys were clearly young teenagers, caught in that awkward period between child and adult. Wisewoods, living up to his name, jumps to your shoulder and pecks gently at your hair, using a wing draw your attention. Following his indicated line, you spy - hiding within the dense foliage, much like yourself - a huddle of Pokemon, most prominently headed by a pair of worried looking Kirlia. They wince with every scathing assault on the shrine, their desperation palpable, but their unwillingness to engage with the boisterous teens understandable.


Reply 2
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by grassyglide, post: 7179314, member: 31960
[COLOR=rgb(46, 139, 87)]Soon after Argyle and Wisewoods had left the clearing they had rested at behind them, Argyle found himself feeling the magic imbued in the ground with each step he took and could not help but feel enchanted by the bouquet of scents that filled up his lungs with each breath. The forest was truly beautiful, save for the constant cacophony of shouting that pierced the captivating atmosphere. Argyle could feel that they were inching closer and closer to the source of the sound. Argyle knew he had to maintain focus on the source of the sound while also carefully navigating the obstacle course-like forest with the low-hanging branches and the bushy undergrowth. Yet, a part of him wanted to simply get caught up in the magical feeling that was swirling all around him.

Argyle found himself sitting at the base of a tree. The tree didn't seem like the ones in Fortune's Woods, where he was just walking moments ago. The air felt different too. How could this have happened? He was walking moments ago, trying to get to the source of the yelling. He tried listening and initially could no longer hear the cacophony he could hear so clearly a couple seconds ago. He tried a bit harder and ever so faintly, he could hear the sound again. At least he wasn't completely removed from the forest. Next, he tried to stand up and start walking, but his body refused to obey his brain. Yet, on a deeper level, he could sense that his body was still moving. What kind of magic was this? Had a part of his consciousness drifted off into some magical dream zone? At least, his initial panic had partially subsided. This allowed him to survey his surroundings more carefully. These trees were not from Fortune's Woods, yet they felt much more familiar than those of the magical forest in Fizzytopia. They reminded him of home. That was it! He had managed to dream up a scene from the Ilex Forest. Not that he was going to complain, but it seemed quite out of place to suddenly find himself feeling so nostalgic that he'd start reminiscing about the Ilex Forest. He realized that Wisewoods wasn't with him in this dream, which he found strange. The duo had been inseparable ever since meeting in the Ilex Forest. Then, as if on cue, a Rowlet started chirpping on a branch above Argyle. Argyle looked up and coming to an apparent realization regarding the nature of his dream, he quickly opened his backpack. As he guessed, there were ripe Oran and Pecha berries. He meticuluously emptied out the berries and laid them out. Not much long after that, the Rowlet came flying down to take the berries that were offered to it. This wasn't a dream after all, it was a dramatically real flashback to how the duo had met. A sense of calm and appreciation washed over Argyle as he started to rest his back on the tree behind him. However, instead of meeting with a solid surface, his body seemed to phase through and a sense of falling into a pit took over.

The part of Argyle's consciousness that had floated off into a fond memory had returned back to the present. Argyle still could not completely understand why his mind had decided to replay that scene from his past all of a sudden. Was it the doing of the magic that permeated the forest? Regardless, he did not have the time to wax poetic about how fickle the mind was; he and Wisewoods were now all but upon the source of the shouting. They slowly approached a clearing, but remain hidden among the dense foliage to observe what was happening. Argyle was aghast with what he saw: three teens, maybe 7 or 10 years younger than Argyle, were kicking the Torii gates. Sure these were just teens still understanding themselves and the world around them, lord knows Argyle had made mistakes at those ages, but this behavior wasn't really something that Argyle could let slide. Argyle never liked senseless violence and always respected and cherished life. Throughout his short life, he had learned that the world works in mysterious ways. All one could really do was count their blessings and uphold life. Desecrating a shrine erected to show appreciation to the wonders of life, in the middle of Fortune's Woods no less, was the exact opposite of that. Argyle was considering the best course of action to take when confronting the teen trio when the ever-perceptive Wisewoods grabbed his attention with a couple gentle pecks. Wisewoods was pointing out a group of Pokemon cowering together in a huddle in the dense foliage. This shrine was their home and the teens had disturbed their peace. Argyle's priority was now confirming the safety of the Pokemon. After having checked up on them, he would confront the trio.

Argyle nodded to his partner and slowly made his way to the group of Pokemon while making sure not to be heard or be seen by the children. It seemed like they were too wrapped up in their kicking and hollering to notice anyway. Once Argyle was relatively close yet still far enough to not further startle the Pokemon, he motioned for Wisewoods to assume the role of the diplomat. Wisewoods was to approach the group and check on their well-being while comforting them. He was to tell them that they were here to help and that the group might want to consider moving slightly deeper into the forest for the time being since it was not clear how violent of a turn the confrontation would take. After relaying this message, he was to fly back to Argyle and launch a gentle Leafage attack, aiming at ground at the feet of the teens so as to grab their attention. At which point, Argyle would confront them verbally at first. Hopefully that plan would be enough.

Argyle and Wisewoods locked eyes and nodded in agreement. Wisewoods took off and approached the group as Argyle watched from a distance. Two Kirlia assumed the leadership roles for the group and accepted Wisewoods with slight apprehension. Argyle could barely hear his Rowlet chirpping, "Row Rowlet," calmly as he began conversing with the group. Argyle found himself hoping all would go according to plan.[/COLOR]


Update 3
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorFB, post: 7196550, member: 118084
grassyglide: Your plan decided, you watch as Wisewoods begin to slowly but methodically stalk his way towards the gathered Pokemon. For brief moments the Rowlet evades your gaze, even knowing where he is, a testament to his ability to blend into the surrounding nature, Finally, you see the meticulous owl break through the brush, briefly startling the shrine attendants. Both Kirlia skitter to block Wisewoods, arms raised and Psychic energies fluttering over the surface of their body - but the fright in their eyes was that of a startled and cornered animal. You almost forsake your own cover to defend Wisewoods - but the Rowlet is quick to diffuse the situation, cooing gently while raising both wings nonthreateningly. After a tense moment, the Pokemon are persuaded, hiding deeper within the woods; though the Kirlia make sure to have a clear vantage of their still besieged shrine.

With that done, and Wisewoods ready to provide backup, you stride into the clearing. The vandals take immediate notice, recoiling from your words and bunching together in an instinctive defensive motion. Your height helps to lend credence to your shouts as you berate the boys, but after the initial shock has worn off their sneers soon return. The largest of them steps forwards, clearly working up a little bravado and punctuating it with one final kick on the shrine.

"Yeah, and what the hell are you gonna do about it? You can't start attacking some random kids, mister. There's only one of you..."

At his call, a bright crimson flash erupts, and a Poliwag stands before the boy, immediately adopting an aggressive stance with narrowed eyes and smirk.

"And there's four of us!"

With that, Poliwag moves to attack you - but as he does, Wisewoods bursts from his position, unleashing a frenzied storm of leaves. As the Leafage lands its mark, Poliwag recoils, but a burned foe is not necessarily a defeated one. This ambush seems to inflate the sense of defiance in the bully, and he quickly orders a retaliation.

"Phelps! Hit them with a Double Slap and then a Headbutt!"

---

OoC: Don't take this as a reprimand, but in future you should probably avoid determining the outcome of selected actions. I'm not sure it was intended this way, but noting that Wisewoods had success in communicating with the shrine Pokemon could easily be construed as overstepping your boundaries as an updatee - for all you know, I was intending to have Wisewoods have a little trouble convincing them. It's minor and it's best to catch something like this when it's innocuous and not later in your FB experience, so consider this a worthwhile learning experience for going forward.


Reply 3
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by grassyglide, post: 7198166, member: 31960
[COLOR=rgb(46, 139, 87)]Argyle watched after Wisewoods as the latter flew off towards the shrine Pokemon. Even though Argyle was able to roughly guess the flight trajectory of the Rowlet, Argyle still struggled to pick out the Pokemon at times. The Grass Quill Pokemon, true to its nickname, was at home in such woods. While brandishing a momentary look of admiration at his Pokemon, Argyle thought that he could potentially make use of his partner's capabilities in its natural habitat in the battle that might happen moments later. However, the moment of admiration was not to last. As Wisewoods approached the Pokemon, Argyle noticed that the shrine Pokemon were initially combative. Argyle was overcome with a mix of surprise and fear as he looked on to see how his Pokemon would handle the situation. Despite Argyle's uneasiness, Wisewoods, for his part, seemed to approach the situation calmly. From afar, Argyle observed the Pokemon raise its wings to indicate that it came in peace and then could barely make out the chirps it made to explain the situation. Argyle relaxed when he saw the Pokemon move deeper into the forest.

Wisewoods, having completed his task, flew back to Argyle. With the shrine Pokemon a bit farther away from the scene of a potential battle, Argyle could now engage the delinquents freely. Argyle and Wisewoods exchanged looks and nodded at each. With that, Argyle emerged from his position among the bushes and into the clearing.

"Stop that!" Argyle shouted at the trio of troublemakers, "Why would you want to harm that shrine and frighten off the shrine Pokemon? We're in Fortune's Woods and I can only guess that shrine was built as a way of expressing gratitude to Fortune and a place for trainers to come and share their deepest wishes with the hopes of them being granted. Whether you call it coincidences, fortune, fate or destiny; our lives and the world progress in mysterious ways. All we can do is be grateful and hope for the best. Two notions that the shrine probably embodies." As Argyle spoke, his mind jumped back to the day he met Wisewoods in Ilex Forest. Perhaps it was the magical nature of the woods, perhaps it was Fortune or perhaps it was Argyle's own doing, but the flashbacks only strengthened Argyle's resolve and served as a reminder that the duo's relationship was part of this intricate and mysterious web of fortune. "Don't you see that harming that shrine will only get yourselves hurt?" Argyle concluded.

Argyle paused to see what impact his words had on the kids. While they initially recoiled and became defensive from Argyle's emergence into the clearing, it was apparent that Argyle's words had fell on deaf ears. To drive that point home, the largest of the trio kicked the shrine one last time before defying Argyle, "Yeah, and what the hell are you gonna do about it? You can't start attacking some random kids, mister. There's only one of you...". The kid cut off to take out a Pokeball. Looks like we're gonna have to do this the hard way, Argyle thought. From the ball, a blue Tadpole Pokemon emerged. "And there's four of us!" The kid shouted to finish the sentence he had paused. In the ensuing moments, the trainer ordered his Poliwag, Phelps, to attack Argyle. However, Wisewoods was quick to leap into action to protect Argyle by firing off a Leafage attack that landed a hit on the opposing Pokemon.

Just like that the battle for the shrine had started. The Poliwag's trainer had said that there were four of them, but Argyle wasn't sure whether to trust him. It could be that the other two also had Pokemon and they were just waiting for Phelps to tire out Rowlet before bringing them out. Better end this quickly, he thought, Than risking it drawing out. Wisewoods did seem to have the advantage in more ways than one. Wisewoods had aerial superiority and could seamlessly blend in with his environment, not to mention the clear type advantage.

"Phelps! Hit them with a Double Slap and then a Headbutt!" The boy's orders to the Tadpole Pokemon interrupted Argyle's train of thought. Thinking time is over, Argyle thought, Looks like the Poliwag will have to try and get in close to get those attacks off. I'll have to try to make it hard for the Pokemon to get close. Then, maybe I can take the battle to them.

"Wisewoods, hit 'em with Razor Leaf and then follow it up with a Grassy Glide!" Argyle yelled.[/COLOR]


Update 4
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorFB, post: 7206830, member: 118084
grassyglide: With orders issued, the battle immediately gets underway. Phelps seizes the initiative, closing the distance between himself and Wisewoods with a burst of unexpected speed. Crouching low, the Poliwag centres himself before twisting violently, slapping Wisewoods twice with his tail. The Rowlet coos in disdain, flapping his wings to create a bit of distance and firing off a sharpened volley of leaves. These slash at the mucus covered skin of Phelps, the Poliwag visibly wincing as he is stricken. With an audible huff, the Water type lowers his head, taking careful aim before propelling himself forwards. With a sickening crunch the blow lands, catching Wisewoods off guard and sending him skittering away. A sharp hiss of indignation follows, before the owl cloaks himself in a flickering aura of pale green energy. With an elegance to his movements, Wisewoods moves left to right, mixing up his approach timing before finally employing one final agile acceleration. With expert precision he rakes his talons along the body of Phelps, the Poliwag shrieking in agony as he recoils away.

With the advantage clearly in your favour, the gathered boys seem uncertain. They each take a few unsure steps back, and for a moment it seems they may end up fleeing - before the tallest, and presumably eldest, finds within himself a defiant second wind. Barking at the other two to man up, he stamps petulantly. Try as he might though, the youngster has a poor poker face - it's clear that the momentum was there for the taking, his body language screaming insecurity about his battling skills.


Reply 4
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by grassyglide, post: 7207399, member: 31960
[COLOR=rgb(46, 139, 87)]As soon as Argyle wrapped up giving orders, both Pokemon lept to action. Phelps the Poliwag landed the first hit. Argyle was hoping that Wisewoods would have gotten the Razor Leaf off before Phelps could've closed the distance, but he was clearly not expecting such speed from the Tadpole Pokemon. Wisewoods took the hit with some pain but was quick to shrug it off and create some distance between himself and his foe. This allowed the Grass Quill Pokemon to fire off a barrage of leaves. "Alright!" Argyle exclaimed as he saw the leaves slash at the Poliwag leaving it recoiling in pain.

Perhaps Argyle's exclamation distracted the Rowlet as Poliwag managed to make use of Wisewoods' momentary loss of focus to send him skittering away. "Wisewoods!" Argyle yelped with concern but he should've known more than to doubt his partner. In retaliation, Wisewoods cloaked himself in a pale green aura. Argyle watched in awe as his partner elegantly and swiftly made his way toward Phelps. The owl used his talons to attack the Poliwag. Phelps' shrieks of agony pierced through the silence of the clearing.

"That's it Wisewoods," Argyle said, "We'll wrap this up soon enough." The tide of battle was clearly in favor of Wisewoods. Argyle, though not the most experienced of trainers, was brimming with confidence at the situation. On the other hand, the trio of troublemakers' confidence was clearly all but depleted. The apparent leader of the bunch tried to face Argyle defiantly and bolster his two friends' spirits, but Argyle could see from his body language that the leader was only feigning confidence. Behind that defiant second wind, Argyle sensed insecurity. Argyle saw this as an opportunity to end this without further battling.

"Listen guys," Argyle started, "You're clearly no match for us. From what I can see, the battle is in our favor and if things keep up Phelps will be out sooner rather than later. So, why don't y'all just scurry on home and let's just call this over. If you don't care about harming shrines and frightening Pokemon at least consider your Pokemon's wellbeing. If you refuse, I'll be forced to keep up the attacks like earlier. Are you really sure you want that?" Argyle then turned his attention to Wisewoods who was still awaiting Argyle's next orders. "Hey Wisewoods, I've given them an out. If they don't take it, be prepared to first hit 'em with a Grassy Glide, since that worked out so well last time. Then, follow it up with a Leaf Blade." Once again directing his attention to the leader, "So, what'll it be?"[/COLOR]


Update 5
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorFB, post: 7216271, member: 118084
grassyglide: Your continued attempts at diplomacy seem to begin bearing fruit as the situation continues to worsen for the group of bullies. The worry is palpable on the two younger lads, and soon they stagger away. Slowly at first, they abruptly rush at a breakneck pace through the woods, their frantic retreat clearly that of people who knew the locale well. Unfortunately, the remaining kid is apoplectic. Body trembling, eyes straining as he fights back frustrated tears, you can almost hear the sound of his teeth gnashing together, his monotonic jaw motions leaving little to the imagination. Finally cracking, the boy screams orders to Phelps, the Poliwag flinching at the desperation in his trainer's voice.

"Meet his Grassy Glide with a Body Slam, then obliterate him with Ice Ball!"

Wisewoods has a clear aura of caution around him as he once again becomes bathed in verdant light, spreading his wings and using them to move along the ground at a rapid clip, weaving right and baring his talons at Phelps. The Poliwag lunges forwards to collide with his foe, reeling away from the point of impact as he comes out looking much the worse. Faltering, Phelps is left wide open for Wisewoods, who leaps into the air. Performing a neat pirouette, the Rowlet ignites his wing, a flickering green blade manifesting as he drops like a stone. A slicing blow bisects Phelps from top to bottom, and for a moment it seems the Poliwag will fall. Then his eyes narrow, his lips pursing as he creates a hardened sphere of jagged ice.

This was what Wisewoods was so wary of.

Leaping in an attempt to escape, the Rowlet shrieks in agony as he is pelted by the projectile, his manoeuvring managing to reduce the hit somewhat, but the super effective nature could only be mitigated so much. Thrusting an arm out, seemingly oblivious to Phelps being so close to fainting, the young tormentor issues what he believes to be his winning hand.

"Ha! I've got you now, you'll be so god damn sorry! Phelps, Ice Ball them till they stop moving!"


Reply 5
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by grassyglide, post: 7216668, member: 31960
[COLOR=rgb(46, 139, 87)]Argyle waited to see how the trio would react to his latest peace offering. Then, the two followers of the apparent bully leader started to move away from the shrine. At first Argyle watched them move slowly, but soon enough they broke into a frantic run. The slightest of smiles appeared on Argyle's face. Who would've thought I'd have people cower in fear like that, he thought.

Unfortunately for him, the smile was short-lived as he saw the apparent leader of the bunch still just barely standing in front of him. At least two of them bucked, Argyle thought, looks like this one won't give up without a fight though. The kid was the picture of desperation. He was shaking and trying to fight back tears of frustration. Argyle wasn't sure what kept the boy going. Was it just out of stupid pride? Whatever it was, it pushed the boy to finally scream an order filled with desparation to his Poliwag.

The kid's command caught Argyle off guard. "Wait what, Ice Ball!?" Argyle reflexively shouted, "How'd I not see a potential Ice-type move on a Water-type Pokemon? If that connects Wisewoods'll be in serious trouble." Argyle watched in worry as the owl and tadpole went at it with their new commands. The two Pokemon collide; Wisewoods' Grassy Glide slamming head on into Phelps' Body Slam. Fortunately for Argyle, the Poliwag came out having sustained more damage than Rowlet. However, Argyle was still tense as he watched on. After all, his concern was not the Body Slam but rather the doubly super effective Ice Ball that was about to come. Wisewoods was clearly not out of the woods yet. Argyle's hope was that the Grass Quill Pokemon's Leaf Blade would be just enough to end it before letting the water-type fire off the Ice Ball. So, he watched anxiously as Rowlet took the sky and then dove downwards with a green blade forming in his wing. The attack connected. Argyle and Wisewoods watched and for at least a moment it seemed like they were victorious. But... it was only to last for a moment. Poliwag managed to muster enough strength to fire off a hardened ball of ice. Wisewoods was able to react fast enough to evade taking on the attack at its fullest attack. Still the move was doubly super-effective on the Grass/Flying owl.

"Wisewoods!" Argyle yelled, "I should've expected an ice-type move and I should've had you play it more cautiously from a distance."

The Rowlet turned around and acknowledged his trainer's sentiment but then cooed indicating that he was fine. Wisewoods, who was always attentive to his surroundings, then pointed to his opponent with his wings. Argyle was quick to take note of what his Pokemon was trying to show him. The Poliwag was teetering on the brink of fainting. Argyle nodded to his Pokemon. He was grateful that he had such a perceptive Pokemon as a partner.

The Poliwag's trainer, on the other hand, lacked the perception that Rowlet had. In a last-ditch effort filled with desperation, the bully ordered his Phelps to use Ice Ball. It seemed to Argyle that the trainer was blind to his own Pokemon's condition. Phelps being on the brink of defeat gave Argyle confidence but he was still cautious of the Ice Ball that awaited them if Rowlet could not finish it in the next move. Argyle wasn't really sure how much more of that Rowlet could take.

"Wisewoods, you are great at hiding yourself, right? So, let's use Shadow Sneak to sneak up on your opponent and attack 'em. Hopefully that'll be enough. If it's not, though, you'll need to try and get away from the Poliwag and dodge the impending Ice Ball. As you try to dodge the balls of ice, try running a Double Team to increase your chances of evasion. Of course hopefully it won't come to that and your Shadow Sneak will be enough."

Wisewoods responded with a hoot and faced Phelps, hopefully for the last time. [/COLOR]


Update 6
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorFB, post: 7224055, member: 118084
grassyglide: The hairs on your arms begin to prick as the tension reaches a fever pitch. Phelps has his orders, and should he land his blows Wisewoods would be unlikely to make it through the battle. Thinking quickly, you instruct Wisewoods as best you can, an affimrative chirp the only response. Phelps hurriedly begins to draw moisture from the surrounding air, jagged crystals locking together as a larger hunk of ice forms before him. Finally finishing his first projectile, Phelps searches for his opponent... but his desperate eyes tell a vivid story, one of uncertainty and panic. Cloaked in darkness, Wisewoods moves through the nearby foliage, his silent stalking as ominous as it is brilliant. Circling round to the back of his foe, Wisewoods hurtles from the brush, talons drawn in front of his body to score a raking assault. Staggering, Phelps narrows his eyes as he fights encroaching oblivion, determined not to fall. With a defiant shout the Poliwag lobs his brutal sphere towards Wisewoods, the Rowlet barely managing to twist his body and reduce the resulting damage.

Phelps huffs with disdain, visibly irritated at his failure. This is only compounded as Wisewoods rapidly creates a number of flickering duplicates of himself. Faced with choice paralysis, Phelps is strikingly open to attack, and Wisewoods seizes the initiative, once more cloaking himself in night. Twisting his approach, the Rowlet bursts upwards, scoring the decisive blow on Phelps and causing his gathering Ice Ball to melt to the ground with a whimper. The bully is aghast, returning his Pokemon while spitting fury, face contorted with crimson rage. Sputtering, he promises retribution before stomping deeper into the forest.

Something about his mannerisms struck a chord with you - the certainty with which he spoke left a malingering sensation that he wasn't blustering with his final words. Giving chase seemed sensible - maybe you could cut off a second confrontation at the root - but Wisewoods seems concerned with the Shrine Pokemon, cooing in their direction.

[Wisewoods gained 2 levels!]


Reply 6
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by grassyglide, post: 7224410, member: 31960
[COLOR=rgb(46, 139, 87)]Wisewoods did respond with an affirmative chirp to Argyle's commands but Argyle was as tense as he could be. Not that there was much he could do at this point, it was all up to his Pokemon. All Argyle could do was watch on and hope that the Wisewoods either ends it before the opponent fired off the Ice Ball or managed to outlast its impact. Oh yes, he sure was tense and the tension physically manifested on his body as the hair on his arms began to prick. Argyle watched wide-eyed as Phelps proceeded to gather moisture from the air to generate a ball of ice. The ball was finished soon enough. Argyle gulped. He knew that Wisewoods would successfully conceal himself and launch an attack from the shadows but he still felt nervous as he looked at the ice ball that Phelps intended to fire at Wisewoods. As Argyle watched uneasily, the Poliwag looked around to locate the Rowlet. Wisewoods was nowhere in sight. Argyle had been too distracted by his anxiety of the impending end game and the ice ball that the Poliwag had formed to pay attention to where Wisewoods had concealed himself. I should be paying more attention to Wisewoods, he reprimanded himself. As if to answer Phelps' and Argyle's questions about his whereabouts, Wisewoods emerged from a nearby brush to score a hit on the Poliwag. You never cease to amaze me with these sneak attacks, Argyle remarked mentally.

Argyle looked on with eager anticipation hoping that this was the final blow. Unfortunately for him, Phelps did not succumb to that blow. Instead, he mustered enough strength to fire off the Ice Ball he had prepared. All Argyle could do was mouth the words "Oh no" as he waited for the ball to make contact with the Rowlet and take him down. Argyle should've known better than to doubt the aerial maneuvering capabilities of his Pokemon, however. Wisewoods managed to contort his body to avoid most of the damage allowing him to continue the fight.

"I was worried there," Argyle said, "but looks like you had it all under control." Wisewoods, knowing better than to let his guard down at this crucial stage of the battle, did not offer up a response. "Still let's be careful." Argyle wasn't actually really talking to Wisewoods anyway. It was more to himself to help ease him. Wisewoods already knew to be careful, Argyle saying it now wasn't going to change anything.

Wisewoods proceeded to use Double Team that Argyle had instructed him to do so earlier. The after image clones of Wisewoods paralyzed Phelps. He didn't know which one was the actual Rowlet. Wisewoods, for his part, seized this opportunity for another strike on his foe. Argyle looked on, now more confident than nervous as Wisewoods cloaked himself in darkness and scored a Shadow Sneak hit on the opponent. "Yes!" Argyle exclaimed as the Poliwag faltered and succumbed to all the damage he had taken.

The bully recalled his Pokemon and faced Argyle and Wisewoods. Argyle looked at the kid's face. It was definitely a sight to behold. Not that it was nice to look at. Far from it, it was the spitting image of rage. A crimson red hue had overcome the kid's face and the muscles were in a weird shape. Argyle studied the face as the kid promised that he'd have his revenge before marching deeper into the forest.

Argyle and Wisewoods stared at the path he took and then Argyle turned his attention to Wisewoods. "Nice job on that battle," Argyle praised his Pokemon, "but looks like our job isn't done yet. Do you think you can continue?"

Wisewoods responded with an affirmative chirp.

"So, let's pursue him then?" Argyle asked.

Wisewoods did not chirp affirmatively to this. Instead, he used his eyes to point Argyle towards the direction where the shrine Pokemon had hid and cooed. Argyle nodded and got the message. "You're right. Let's go check up on them first and let them know the shrine is safe for now. We can track the kid afterwards. Just make sure you remember the direction in which he went."

Wisewoods chirpped in agreement and the two started towards the shrine Pokemon.[/COLOR]



Connor
Spoiler: show

Adventure Start
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorFB, post: 7093517, member: 118084
Sweeney scowled behind his visor. He had known that his dress code was incompatible with the arid environment of a desert, but he had yet again found himself being playfully bullied into decision he was initially largely opposed to. Julia delighted in the surroundings, the young Larvitar bounding merrily from rock to rock. investigating with a childlike glee. Atlantis, perched on his trainers helmet, watched with an uncharacteristic alacrity, the living fossil finding vicarious enjoyment in the unbridled awe Julia was experiencing.

Pausing for a moment, Sweeney had to admit the trip was worth the suffocating atmosphere. When he had first expressed interest in adventuring to the Arcane Realm, there had been a twinge of instant regret. Julia had boisterously taken command of the discussion - managing to box out even Marco, a feat impressive in it's own right - and voiced a staunch determination to visit the Desert of Stars. Her gusto caught the trainer off guard, and he ended up swept along in the pace of his Pokemon, as was all too often the case. No matter his protestations or stern words from Sophie, Julia would not be dissuaded. Worse still, Atlantis poked the hornets nest, coyly egging the Larvitar on in her crusade. Eventually, Sweeney had to relent, much to his chagrin. Fortunately, the abject exhilaration of Julia was going a long way to justifying the concession.

Julia, now digging through the earth, turns towards her trainer, eyes wide with uncertainty due to his stopping. With a sigh from the Bartender, and a knowing snicker from Atlantis, they continue on their way. While their wandering was certainly aimless at the present, there was no doubt trouble would fine them. It always seemed to.


===

Forgot I don't have a Sig on here, so profile.


Update 1
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneasel12, post: 7114379, member: 3180
ConnorFB - Wandering through the Desert of Stars wasn't exactly the first choice for places to go where your attire could be considered appropriate, but at least Julia seemed to be enjoying herself as she jumped from rock to rock, exploring the sands with glee. After stopping to dig through the sand as she watches and waits for a cue from you on where to be going, the Larvitar hops back to running amongst the small rocks jutting out from the sand.

After a bit of hopping on the rough rocks, the Larvitar takes a bit of a tumble, sliding off a surprisingly smooth rock and into a small dune on the other side of stone. The dune doesn't appear to have been made naturally, the drop a bit too sudden to have been caused by the occasional wind of a kicked up sandstorm. Picking herself up from her fall, Julia finds she's fallen on a bit of a peculiarity out here, a large chunk of stone in the shape of a human arm clutching at a similarly stone Pokeball. The detail is immaculate, smooth to the touch and with carving that speaks to the same level of attention to the figure as that of a marble statue in a museum.

A glance around shows no clear signs of what could have caused this dune, let alone the stone arm within it. Surely something must have left some sign to explain the peculiar scene you and your Pokemon have found yourselves stumbling on to?


Reply 1
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorFB, post: 7116640, member: 118084

Try as he might, Sweeney could not manage to keep pace with Julia. The Larvitar was much more equipped to manoeuvre the surroundings than her trainer, and Atlantis found amusement in the awkward gait Sweeney was having to adopt in his attempt to stay close behind. As Julia tumbles down an unexpected dune, Sweeney rushes, nearly tripping himself as the uneven sands shift beneath him. As he finds Julia, his interest is immediately seized by the strange statue she had happened upon. Running his gloved fingers over the intricate detailing, Sweeney muses on the peculiarity of the discovery - he would be unwilling to admit it, but there was a distinct suspicious edge. How did this end up in the desert? The condition indicated it was unlikely to have been here for a protracted period of time - erosion would have obliterated most of the finery. Frowning concealed by his visor, resolving to get to the bottom of the mystery, Sweeney indicates for Julia to investigate further, tapping his helmet to urge Atlantis to do the same.

With a roll of his eyes, the Kabuto leaps from his perch and onto the sand, nodding towards Julia and considering the situation at hand. Neither were particularly suited to excavation. Sweeney crosses his arms at this, before coming up with something of a plan. Calling Lancelot out, Sweeney allows the Slowking to pass instructions on, preparing to join in the effort. Julia would look to remove as much sand as she could by simply eating it, facilitated by her Bite attack. Atlantis would assist by using Icy Wind to blow away as much of the dune as possible - while Lancelot would bring up the rear, using Strength to try drag the statue from it's current position. Sweeney, meanwhile, would walk around the perimeter of the seemingly unnatural dune, attempting to make some sort of sense of the absurdity.


Update 2
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneasel12, post: 7136920, member: 3180
ConnorFB - This strange arm of seemingly carved stone couldn't have gotten here on its own, not in this excellent shape, aside from being clearly broken off of something. The regular sandstorms hadn't even eroded a bit of it, so clearly it was fresh. With Julia and Atlantis willing to help out, you decide that Lancelot would be the optimal choice to help relay orders while clearing the area.

It's not long before Julia finds something, taking a Bite into the sand only to come up with another large chunk of stone, Atlantis proceeding to blow some of the remaining sand away with an Icy Wind to reveal the main statue that the arm had come from, the immaculate form of a young female trainer seemingly issuing orders to an unseen Pokemon, the legs buried down into the dune. Pulling the remaining stone statue out of the stone with a bit of Strength, Lancelot reveals the remaining form, not much more than boots and a bag tossed to the ground, all sitting atop a large chunk of uncut stone, what the statue was likely carved from.

Unlodging the statue, however, does reveal exactly what had severed the arm off in the first place, a couple of Durant staring up at your team, only to realize they've been found and promptly scuttle out of the dune with surprising speed. The duo of bugs quickly blitz past you and make their way further into the desert, kicking up a fair bit of dust in their wake. At least they've left an easy trail to track.


Reply 2
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorFB, post: 7159455, member: 118084
Watching from a distance while investigating himself, Sweeney stops as Lancelot manages to wrestle the statue free from the surrounding dunes. First impressions confirmed it as extremely strange. Not only was it a weird subject - a female trainer, stood in a familiar pose to any trainer not wet behind the ears - the apparently rushed plinth underfoot drew further curiosity. How did it get here? Who placed it in the desert? Who was the sculptor? Having looked to answer questions, the Bartender only found himself with more than ever. The severed arm lay beside it, pointing towards the statue as if in a twisted mockery of Sweeney's inquisitiveness.

His thoughts were not allowed to ruminate. Without warning, a group of Durant come hurtling out from beneath the statue, no doubt the culprits of the mysterious disarmament. Much like his Pokemon, Sweeney is quick to move out of their way. He had endured his fair tussle with angry Pokemon, and Durant were not the type you wanted to fuck around and find out with. Especially not when startled. Sweeney had no intention of meeting the same fate as the unfortunate stone lady.

As they scuttle into the distance, a decision has to be made. Either chase the Durant, or investigate the area they discovered the statue. potentially uncovering concrete information regarding it's origins. Weighing the options up, Sweeney considers the tracks left behind by the escaping insects, and makes his choice. Recalling Lancelot, he motions for Atlantis to nestle comfortably on his helmet again, before releasing Joss and pointing to the tracks. With a mocking caw, the Chatot sails into the air, his task clear. Keep a close eye on the Durant, and indicate if they were heading in an awkward direction. With that done, Sweeney gives chase.

---

OoC reminder - Pokemon used (Larvitar, Kabuto, Slowking, Chatot)


Update 3
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneasel12, post: 7188347, member: 3180
ConnorFB - Moving swiftly out of the way of the fleeing Durant, you take a moment to survey the area and make a choice. Whether to stay and discover as much as you can here, or follow the Durant before they can make a proper escape, that is the question here. After a moment's thought, your Slowking is recalled while Atlantis the Kabuto quickly scuttles back up your back. Tossing out another Pokeball as a replacement, the multicolored feathers of your Chatot, Joss, take flight.

The bird is quick to respond to your command, taking high to the sky to best keep an eye out on the Durant as they flee, leaving a bit of a trail behind them but covering their exact location thanks to the sheer amount of sand they begin to kick up. Giving chase to them, it's obvious they are much more suited to this environment, as they slowly form a gap between your positions, even Joss barely able to keep sight of them after some time as they lead you deep into the desert.

A bit later, the Chatot lets out a loud Hyper Voice into the air, the sound losing much of its potency thanks to the distance, before making a slight bank to the left and swooping towards a bit of a sandstorm kicking up in the area, just barely within eyesight at the horizon of your vision. The trek there is devoid of contact with flora nor fauna, despite the sizable distance, and as you come to the very edge of the storm, you spy a mass of strange shapes within.


Reply 3
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorFB, post: 7196726, member: 118084
The sound of Joss' signal was a welcome one. Sweeney pushed through the final stretch of his shadowing, his figure showing signs of slouching under the strain of the journey. After the taxing trek through the desert, Sweeney had to take a moment to collect himself. He was hardly a slouch - he had to have a degree of physical competency just to have survived this long - but the combination of unsuited dress and harsh environment were beginning impose a visible toll. Head tilted back as he attempts to study his breathing, the Bartender had to consider whether this particular thread was really worth tugging at. A raging sandstorm whirled before him, and the thought of intensifying his hardship by wading through the mire was not one he relished. He somehow doubted he would get many answers behind the statue by pursuing the Durant, but at this point he had invested too much into the chase to simply retreat empty handed.

Unsure even if the shapes he could make out were the quarry he was tailing, Sweeney motions to Joss to descend. The Chatot, while a useful guide from the skies, wouldn't be able to deal with the conditions within the storm too well. As Joss settles on his shoulder, Sweeney fumbles with the parrot's Poke Ball, recalling him. Straightening his suit, as much good as it would do him, Sweeney takes the first few grim steps into the sandstorm, with Julia - being the most suited for the task at hand - merrily leading the way.

At least his visor would keep the sand out of his eyes.

Hopefully.

Mostly.

---

OoC, for personal reference;

Declared Pokemon: Larvitar, Kabuto, Slowking, Chatot



Liltwick
Spoiler: show
Liltwick
Adventure Start
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liltwick, post: 6652684, member: 83117
The cobblestone streets of the Hamlet felt familiar to Leo, similar to the feel of the streets in Po Town. It was a bit nostalgic, considering this place reminded him of Po Town before Team Skull took over. All of the buildings had a charm to them, a mixture of stone and brick creating the elegant setting as the castle walls loomed over the Hamlet. Shops lined the streets, from smithies to boutiques. Apparently everyone here were masters of their craft, and while the Hamlet was small it was certainly wealthy. Much like how Po Town use to be before Team Skull took over.


Yet, those days were long gone now. It was time to focus on the present, and focus on one of his main goals of his journey. He wanted to be a patissier. He always loved to make the little pastries and confections for his fellow grunts, and if this place had the best of the best, then maybe he could get an apprenticeship. Or, at the very least, some sort of training. Even if it meant gathering ingredients or a Pokemon Battle, he was going to do what it took!


Continuing his stroll through the Hamlet, he eventually found the patisserie. Home of a supposedly world famous razz berry tart, the pastry chef here was called a genius. Weird to think about, since this version of the Arcane Realm just resurfaced, or was it more that the memories involving this place were simply... sealed away? That it's true nature was here the entire time and no one really chose to believe it existed. Whatever the case, the boy was here to bake, not solve ancient mysteries.


Update 1
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteiri, post: 6722903, member: 88404
Liltwick
As you entered the pastry shop a small bell chimed, signaling to whoever was inside that someone had entered the small building. You marveled at the small shop, it seemed so insignificant in the grand scheme of things... yet apparently a world renowned chef worked here, making beautiful pastries for the whole of the Castle Town. As you entered the building, you saw no evidence of said chef. It was clear that the shop was open, as you made sure to double check that the open sign was flipped after you entered... yet there seemed to be no one here except a large Blissey wearing an apron.

"See!" She called out, waddling towards you with a smile on her face. "See! See!" She called out, gesturing for you to approach the counter. Slightly confused, you made your way to the counter where she showed you all sorts of baked goods. "Bliss!" She called out, scooping on up in both arms and offering it to you. It appeared as though she wanted you to try it.

"BB! What have I told you about giving away free samples?" A man came out from behind the counter. His skin and hair were dark, well kept and he was dressed quite fashionably. The Blissey put her hands on her body, as if to mimic a woman putting her hands on her hips and scolding a man. She gave some stern cries at the man, who you assumed was her master. He sighed and rubbed the bridge of his nose. "Yeah yeah, alright. Let him try it." He chuckled, watching as you took a bite of the pastry.

It was amazing.

Warm, fresh, and filled with strawberries and creme. You could barely contain a pleasured noise that threatened to escape your lips.

"Any good?" The man asked, a coy grin on his face. He stuck out his hand. "Lucius Kovitz, nice to meet you." He eyed you before continuing. "Never seen you around here, what brings you to the shop?"

What do you do?


Reply 1
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liltwick, post: 6762359, member: 83117
The shop was small and quaint, and felt comforting. It was also a bit... empty. Which seemed concerning. Did he get the wrong place? Leo shook his head. No, sure this had to be the place. The smell was enough to let him know. He looked at the Blissey who was making pastries. Was the renowned chef this Blissey? Thinking about it, the eggs Blissey carry with them would make for excellent pastries, as long as the Pokemon was consenting to assist.

As he was lost in though, the Pokemon approached Leo, letting out gleeful cries. Shaking his head, he looked at the Blissey and saw she was motioning towards the display case. The boy walked over and looked at the case. Copious amounts of fresh baked pastries sat perfectly lined up on shelves. They glistened under the light and smelled amazing. The Blissey then scooped one up and handed it to him. Leo started to try and take a bite, but a man came out of the back and started to chide the Blissey.

This caused Leo to recoil in shock, and just hold the pastry as the man talked to the Blissey. He was taller than Leo, his hair well kept and skin the shade of chocolate. His voice also had a chocolaty richness to it as well, and seemed soothing even so he was mad at the Pokemon. The man was also well groomed, and dressed in fancy clothes. Compared to his hoodie... Well it was obvious this man was well off. Leo just sighed, expecting to not be able to try the pastry at this rate. he then saw the man sigh, and was told he was able to try it.

Biting into it, warm buttery pastry melded with sweet cream and a sweet berry... It tasted similar to a Rawst to him, but was more sweeter and without the bitterness. He let out an audible sound of happiness, feeling the sweet flavors dance across his mouth with each bite. This was amazing. More amazing than anything he'd be able to dream to pull off.

"Any good?" He heard the man ask before introducing himself as Lucius Kovitz and asking Leo where he was from.

"That was amazing..." Was the only thing Leo could muster for a little bit. Taking a minute to let that euphoric pastry do its magic, Leo cleared his throat. "Leo. My name is Leo. I heard there was a world famous patisserie here and I had to try it. I'm an up and coming baker, so I want to journey around the land to get inspiration and grow!" He exclaimed with a cheeky grin.


Update 2
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteiri, post: 6767915, member: 88404
Liltwick
"Nice to meet a fellow baker." He smirked, speaking with a certain level of coyness that made your skin crawl. He clearly knew that his baking was fantastic, and his tone reflected that. There was an air of wealth to him, the way he held himself, the way he was dressed --- everything about him exuded an aura of wealth that made you feel inadequate. Lucius patted the Blissey on the head, moving towards you. "I'd be more than willing to assist in any way I can. My Blissey is used to running the shop alone." The Blissey puffed out her cheeks, not enthused that she had basically been volunteered to watch the shop without consenting.

"I need to gather ingredients around the hamlet. You're welcome to come and see how a world class baker manufactures his craft." He smirked again. You had to admit that his arrogance was a bit off putting. But, getting to see how a pastry like the one you had just tried were made was certainly appealing to you. He did not even wait for you to answer before he was marching out the door. BB, the Blissey, sighed. She shot you an apologetic glance before you walked through the door, following Lucius.

The sun was shining high in the sky of Castle Town. You looked around, trying to spot Lucius amongst the crowd of people walking through the streets. You finally spotted the man, seeing him talking to a fellow merchant.

"Leo, come here!" He called, waving you over. He was talking to a man at a small stand surrounded by various fruits and vegetables. You walked over, giving a curt nod to the merchant. "The first step of owning a successful bakery is in the ingredients. Only the freshest will suffice in a perfect pastry!" He grinned, showing a toothy smile. The shop owner sighed, presenting Lucius with a box of fruits. "Thanks!" He smirked, looking down at his box. "Next stop, the farmer!" He ran off, not even making sure you were following him. You sighed, tuning to follow him.

"Kid, wait." The merchant that had sold the fruit stopped you. "Hey, be careful around Kovitz." He spoke in a hushed tone, looking around. "That man is trouble... his last apprentice has not been seen in a few months. We think he had something to do with it." You were taken back by his words. It was such a hefty accusation that you figured your doubt must be clear on your face. "It happens to all his apprentices. Mina was the last in a long line of missing folks. Kovitz says they move after he teaches them his tricks... but the pattern keeps repeating." The merchant sighed. "Sorry, kid. Just... be careful."


What do you do?


Reply 2
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liltwick, post: 6768040, member: 83117
There was a certain air to this man that was of wealth. He knew it, and seemed to flaunt it. Yet, as off putting as it was, Leo also felt a sort of captivation by it. He was being offered to learn these secrets that he had. To be able to make something as good as that pastry... That wasn't something he could so easily give up now, could he? Despite the inadequacy that he felt... Yes this was truly a good opportunity.

Leo just blindly followed the more experienced baker through the hamlet, still not familiar with its streets. The hamlet was certainly beautiful, with cobblestone streets and quaint brick houses. It was quiet here... Perhaps this would be a good place to settle down once everything was over. Then again... Rent must be super expensive here... Everyone here was a supposed master of their craft. And here he was, just starting out.

Leo was able to leave his thoughts by the time he arrived at a fruit stand. Spotting Mr. Kovitz in the crowd took a bit of time, but he did have this... air... to him that was enough enough to catch a whiff of the man was. he was at least a good tracker and scout despite his clumsiness. Though, considering he always had a silent step, it wasn't that bad of a trade off.

Leo just listen as Mr. Kovitz gave his lecture on that the best bakers use the freshest and finest ingredients. That made sense... Fresher something was the more potent its flavor. Why a freshly baked cake always tasted better than a cake you bought in a store's refrigerated pastry section. Besides, the cake usually dries out due to the the cooling and it just becomes this cold slab. It was gross.

He then was told that the next step was to head to the farmer. Eggs and milk most likely. Both were important in many pastries. Eggs helped set up a foundation and held things together. Milk made certain ingredients and pastries smoother, creamier, and sometimes richer... Depending on the milk's quality. Though, it was also useful in cutting richness as well. It all depended on the milk and what its being mixed with.

Though, before Leo could make his way to the farmer, the merchant pulled him aside and told him of some strange happens involving Mr. Kovitz. That apparently all of his previous apprentices have just... disappeared after their training was completed. The townsfolk thought Lucius was responsible for it, one way or another. It kept repeating... That was certainly troubling, but it was a risk he was willing to take.

Leo just gave the man a nod, and started to tail after his new mentor. Sure, the circumstances around him sounded suspicious and most people would be pushed away from that appearance alone. But, there was certainly more to him... There's more to everyone. Guzma was truly like a father, despite all of the nasty rumors that circled around Alola. Misconceptions just warp people... There had to be more to this.

"Everyone has some good in them..." Leo just muttered as he chased after Lucius.


Update 3
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteiri, post: 6779867, member: 88404
Lit
Sure, hearing such things about the man who would be mentoring you was somewhat off putting. But everyone had some good in them... right? Lucius certainly didn't seem like a bad man. Quite the contrary. He had allowed you to sample his baking without question and had now taken you under his wing to show you the ropes of owning a bakery and the ins and outs of baking. You were sure the man at the stand was just paranoid. You nodded your head, trying to mentally assure yourself that this was the case.

Once you caught up to Lucius, you noticed he had quite the assorted basket of ingredients. A little olive oil, some fruits, some flour, and some sugar. All pretty standard ingredients, nothing that slapped you as suspicious. He was peering into the basket as well, counting his ingredients in an attempt to figure out if there was anything else he needed. He suddenly gasped loudly, noticing a key ingredient was missing from his basket.

"I missed the eggs!" He calls out, slapping his head in disbelief. "Hey kid, do you think you could go grab me some?" He asked, gesturing towards the various stands. You opened your mouth to explain that 'you didn't really know this market' but he was already speeding off, back towards the shop. You sighed, looking around the various stands again. Why did you have to grab the eggs? Especially in this horrific sea of shops and stalls. You had little idea as to what each of these shops even sold... let only where to go to get the eggs.

You walked through the crowded market, attempting to catch any sight of a stand that had the oval shaped food that you desired. "Hey! Balance it better!" You heard a voice within the crowd, turning your attention to see what you assumed to be a street performer with various eggs around himself and his Pokemon. A tall Kadabra was trying it's best to balance the egg on it's spoon while the spoon was inside it's mouth. But it kept getting frustrated and dropping the egg.

"Ugh! We're going to need more eggs if you keep this up!" Called the trainer, clad in magicians gear. seeing that bundle of eggs was certainly tempting... you wouldn't have to do as much work if you just grabbed those now.

What do you do?


Reply 3
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liltwick, post: 6780419, member: 83117
A bit of doubt stuck in Leo's mind as he went to go look for Lucius. Considering everything the man had done for him so far... Leo didn't want to believe the warning he got. It sounded more like paranoia than anything else. Leo sighed, and hoped it was just that: paranoia.

He was able to find Lucius soon after, and saw the man had a variety of ingredients already. Some oil, fruit, sugar, and flour. All of it was pretty standard in baking, with sugar and flour being some of the basic building blocks. Leo saw his mentor rummaging through the basket. Did he forget something? Lucius then stated he forgot the eggs, and asked Leo to get them. Seemed that answered that question. Though, Leo barely knew this market. Why task him?

Leo just nodded, only to see Lucius long gone in the direction of the bakery. Looked like he was stuck getting them, regardless of the answer. The boy just walked through the market, trying to see if any of the stalls had eggs. Was a bit hard, with people moving constantly and often obscuring the contents of a shop. He didn't want to stick out like a Deerling in the headlights.

As he walked through the streets, Leo did hear someone yelling above the crowd. He went towards the location of the noise, and saw what seemed to be some type of street performer getting frustrated at his partner Pokemon. It didn't look justified, considering what he was making the Pokemon do. A Kadabra, being forced to balance an egg on its spoon, with the spoon in its mouth... Without using any psychic powers. Seemed to be an unreasonable task, and the Pokemon obviously looked frustrated. Not to mention it was a waste of eggs.. Wait, eggs!

There just seemed to be a carton of eggs sitting next to the Magician. Seemed to be an easy fix to his problem. Just grab and go. Leo knew he could pull it off, but... Part of him didn't want to resort to flat out stealing. There had to be a better way. An idea went through his head at this time, hopefully he could pull this one off.

"Hey!" Leo shouted at the street performer.

"You're supposed to work with your Pokemon partner, not berate it when it screws up a task that you're not even helping it with," he sighed. "Not to mention you're wasting perfectly good eggs."

Leo then grabbed a Pokeball from his pocket. It was Honey's Pokeball, his Cutiefly.

"if you want to give these people an actual performance, I challenge you to a battle," Leo stated as he held the Pokeball towards the performer. "If I win, you give me the eggs and find a different act. If I lose, then I'll help you out with your current act. Deal?"

While his words seemed simple enough, the look on his face and tone of his voice showed he wasn't taking no for an answer. He was use to corralling unwieldy grunts. One street performer would be no different.


Update 4
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteiri, post: 6810908, member: 88404
Lit
The magician looked offended at your words. Why did you care what he did with his Pokemon? He glanced at his Kadabra, who cowered as the trainer's brow furrowed while looking at the spoon wielding psychic type.

"How uncouth!" He shouted, crossing his arms and glancing at his Kadabra. "Kazam is more than happy to preform, aren't you?" He looked at the Kadabra, who gave a forced and pitiful nod. It was clear to you and most of the onlookers that the Kadabra was dreading coming performances, and it clearly hated being forced to balance an egg without using it's natural psychic talent. "However, I accept your challenge!" He sneered, it was clear that he didn't want to disappoint the crowd that was steadily growing around you. He turned to his Kadabra, a scowl forming.

"Work on your balancing act while I handle this punk." The Kadabra gave a flustered nod, placing another egg on the spoon and trying desperately to balance it. It gave you a stern glance, a glance that said 'you better win'. The magician tossed a Pokeball towards you, spitting out yellow fox that brandished a stick-like wand at you. "Braaaaaaaaaaa!" It called, a grin creeping onto it's face as it looked at the Pokeball in your hand. The street performer smirked, ready for whatever you wanted to throw at him. You had to hope that the Kadabra would not break too many eggs, assuming that you won this battle.



Braxien wants to battle! What do you do?

Reply 4
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liltwick, post: 6845817, member: 83117

A Braixen... Well that was certainly not expected. Seemed this magician was even more of a sadist than Leo thought. At the very least though, this gave him an easier advantage. Looking at Honey's Pokeball, he knew the Cutiefly would fall easy prey to the fire fox. So why not use this advantage to counter. Grabbing Custard's currently empty Pokeball and also the Pokeball for Carrot, his Carbink.

"Hey Kadabra, this is how you juggle!" Leo shouted, and started to juggle the three Pokeballs. While he was clumsy, he at least learned some parlor tricks to distract people while his fellow grunts stole. It worked like a charm.

When his little show was over, he let Honey's and Custard's Pokeball fall into his bag, and held out Carrot's. All three looked exactly the same. There was no realistic way to tell them apart. With a smirk, Leo held the button on the ball before throwing it back up into the air.

At this point, a small Carbink was glistening in the sunlight. The rock bunny blinked as it looked at the Braixen. Seemed this would be a Kalosian brawl. Leo knew his team wasn't certain experienced in battle, but quick thinking was needed to get things done. Hopefully this battle would teach Carrot some things around a fight.

"Okay Carrot, let's Sharpen up real quick! Once that's done, hit that fox with a Smack Down," Leo ordered. A solid offense was a good defense in this case. A battle was similar to baking. Use the right ingredients and timing, you'd get the result you'd want. If you mess up and don't follow your plan, then you'll end up burnt.


Update 5
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteiri, post: 6980074, member: 88404
Lit
Kadabra's ears drooped seeing you juggle, it was clumsy, but certainly better than his attempts. The magician seemed frustrated, knowing you had made a fool out of not only his Pokemon, but you had also basically mocked how he had taught his Pokemon! He scowled, pointing towards the Kadabra with anger in his eyes.

"Continue practicing while I handle this..." He grunted, looking down, "...Ruffian." The word rolled off his tongue with disdain as he glanced at the small rock bunny you had sent out. His Braixen hardly had a chance to react before it found itself being smacked down by a rather hard rock, causing it to shack it's head vigorously.

"Braaa..." It groaned, holding it's head in it's paws. You noticed that the once sparse crowd had gradually begun to grow, many people gathering around to watch your fight. There were small murmurs to be heard from each of them, friends seemingly talking about the battle.

"Woah, you don't think the Marvelous Melvin will lose this... do you?" Asked one man, his eyes aflame with wonder as he watched the battle unfold. The magician grew flustered, his face turned up in a flushed snarl as he pointed at your Carbink.

"Braxien! Show off your Psychic Terrain, and then hit that little beast with a Psychic attack!" The Braixen did as commanded, lazy eyes fixated on you as it pointed it's stick at the ground and caused strange pink mist to swirl around Carrot and itself. While Carrot was fixated on the mist, it pointed the stick at it, blasting Psychic towards the small Carbink.

It seems as though both Pokemon are on equal footing at the moment...
what do you do?


Reply 5
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liltwick, post: 6980206, member: 83117
Leo got some enjoyment out of the magician's anger. He was a prick, treating his Pokemon that way, and needed to be taught a lesson. Sure he was mischievous, but if someone truly deserved to be punished, then Leo had no qualms in what he had to do in order to act out that humiliation. That was part of Team Skull's ideals, ground those who were acting all high and mighty.

It also seemed that he had attracted a bigger crowd as well, considering that there were now people uttering to themselves about the battle. It would only make victory all the more sweeter. That in itself was a reward. Leo wanted to punch this guy in the face, but this was a much better way to humiliate him.

"Ruffian? Aw, thank you. At least I'm not trash," Leo responded in a sweet, charming voice to the insult. "And I'll show you what it means when you insult a friend. Your Kadabra is trying its hardest for your approval, but a trainer like you only sees Pokemon as tools!"

Leo then clenched his fist, trying to not let his anger get the best of him. Stomping on the ground, Leo looked at Carrot and the Braixen. Seemed he was going with a Psychic assault. That was fine, only option he really had at this point.

"Alright Carrot, let's have some fun. Give that Braixen a good Smack Down! Then while its reeling from that give it a Rock Throw straight to the face," Leo ordered, determined to show up this jester in a magician's cloak.


Update 6
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola, post: 7058416, member: 3396
Liltwick – Upon hearing himself referred to as literal rubbish by a mere boy in front of a swiftly gathering crowd, the “(Not so) Marvelous Melvin” sputters in indignation and orders his Braixen to launch an all-out Psychic assault. Seemingly unimpressed with its own trainer’s ill-tamed temper, the fox’s eyes roll as it lazily twirls its twig at the earth, trailing pink translucent clouds like an artist’s canvas. A veil of cotton candy drapes over the field as Carrot fixedly watches the painter’s careful movements, spellbound by such masterful brushstrokes. The conductor grins at the successful distraction, as it suddenly lifts the baton and brandishes it directly at its captive audience, blasting a beam from the branch straight into the bunny’s unsuspecting face.

Carrot squeaks and blinks away the brightness, before retaliating with a double rock blitz of its own, might heightened by sharpened senses. Though the Braixen braces itself for the first impact, it succeeds in knocking the target off balance at least, so the second stone thrown deals further insult to injury thanks to the two projectiles’ rapid succession. None too pleased with his Pokémon being persistently pelted by pebbles, Melvin scowls as he makes his next mandate:

“Oi, don’t just sit there and take a beating – hit that blasted bunny with a PSYBEAM!”

Braixen brays and obediently waves its wand – but nothing happens. Confused, it flicks the stick once more; but rather than a radiant ray, only a few pathetic sparks emerge from its end, sputtering into silence.

“What? Don’t tell me you too.” Melvin glares pointedly at the puzzled Pokémon, before shifting his glance to Kadabra, who quickly redoubles its efforts to appear busy with perfecting its balancing act. “Can’t you creatures even keep your powers under control? Surely you can at least manage a simple WILL-O-WISP then?” he grumbles, turning attention back to the active combatant, who grimaces as it focuses all its energy into producing a faint purple flame. Despite flickering weakly, the orb manages to fire off and float across the arena, eventually finding its way to Carrot as it engulfs in a ghostly glow. The Carbink winces as it feels its core temperature rise, simultaneously sapping its strength.

You’re not sure what’s going on exactly, but something seems strange about the whole situation… As even the surrounding mist appears to be draining faster than normal, as if sinking deep into the soil, flowing towards… somewhere. Whispers start to circulate amongst the crowd, and although Melvin frowns nervously in concern over the murmurs, he looks determined to still continue the bout.

What will you do?


Reply 6
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liltwick, post: 7058822, member: 83117
Leo was in awe over the psychic display. The luminescent pink waves dancing through the air, dazzling all who watch it despite the Braixen's halfhearted attitude towards it. Carrot was certainly in awe as well, the the Carbink was soon blasted by the Psychic attack when his guard was down. It seems the fox Pokemon was at the very least twice the amount of talented compared to its dimwit of a trainer.

The boy was a little shocked at the interaction between his opponent and their Braixen. Even if he did appear as a kid, he was still an adult, and tended to actually act like when he needed to. This was a display of childishness that was incredibly off-putting. He was a little glad that he had stepped into this now. Lessons had to be learned, even if it was the hard way.

"Alright Carrot, I know we can burden our way through that burn. Bolster up with another Sharpen, that'll counteract the defense drop, then keep that Braixen Smacked Down! Slow and steady will win this for us!" Leo shouted, giving his orders to his Pokemon.

He was a little intrigued though, by how it seemed the psychic energy was being sapped into the ground. Something rotten was going on, he could sense it. And not the sugary rotten or the mischievous rotten, something that was for all intents and purposes vile. Whatever was interfering with this match, he had to know.

"Hey Custard, look around for me please. Something suspicious is going on," he whispered to his Togetic, who gave him a nod as he flew off.

Update 7
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola, post: 7077508, member: 3396
Liltwick – Disgusted by such a childish display coming from a grown man, you decide it’s time you acted the adult and teach this awful bloke a lesson. Calling out to Carrot to refine its senses once more, it grits down and grinds against the stone, rubbing the burnt charcoal and polishing to a shine again. Turning from coal back to diamond. Seeing Carbink easily counteract the stat drop, Melvin grates his own teeth and commands Braixen to attack again.

“Two can play at that game. Since you can’t seem to get your magic act together, use HOWL, and then show that stupid hunk of rock your IRON TAIL!”

Braixen does as directed by throwing its head back and letting loose a long wail, bolstering its own strength. Muscles fortified, it suddenly leaps at Carrot as its stick shines bright white with further reinforcement, wielding the weapon physically like a lead pipe rather than a wand. Displaying surprising strength and close combat ability for a caster class, steel slams into the stunned target with a super effective strike, sending the poor rabbit reeling across the field as if it were a baseball (causing the panicked crowd to hurriedly part its path rather than try to catch the foul fly).

Carrot squeaks as it collides harshly with the earth, digging a deep furrow into the soil in an attempt to slow its trajectory, finally stopped fully by bumping hard into buried bedrock. The battered bunny manages to right itself, albeit wobbling weakly as it barely lifts to the air. On the other hand, its opponent appears to be panting hard as well, having used up a great deal of energy in its Hail Mary assault. Carrot senses an opportunity as it uproots and raises the large boulder it contacted with, before sending it barreling back at Braixen, smacking straight in the belly and knocking it over once more. …When the dust settles at last, Braixen is left unconscious, with Carrot still hovering triumphantly mere inches above the ground.

Braixen is unable to battle! Carbink gains +3 Levels!

Melvin grumbles in frustration as he recalls the fainted fox back into its ball, casting a cavalier glance towards Kadabra, who cowers in response.

“Fine then, forget about you. I might be able to still get some use out of this one, but if you can’t master another skill that doesn’t involve your Psychic powers when they’re on the fritz, then I don’t need another freeloader.”

With a “harrumph” and whisk of his cape, he takes off down the street, leaving the eggs and abandoned Psi Pokémon behind. Confused and hurt, it watches as the surrounding congregation shrugs and starts to disperse as well, until only you remain. It looks to you with uncertainty, clearly not sure how to react to its newfound independence.

It seems Custard has yet to return from his scouting mission either… What will you do?

Reply 7
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liltwick, post: 7077793, member: 83117
While he was glad that he won, Leo was miffed at that piece of human garbage calling itself a magician. All he needed were the eggs, but that inadvertently caused the Kadabra to become homeless. It was all about talent and prowess, and if a Pokemon wasn't up to stuff than it was disposed of like trash. It was frustrating.

He noticed that Custard wasn't back yet, which was a bit surprising. Usually he'd be able to track down and get back to him within a moment's notice. Something was off here. Well, he knew that, but not seeing his Togetic return by now only further affirmed his suspicions.

The boy then went to pick up the eggs and carefully secured them at his side. He then looked at the Kadabra and extended his hand.

"Look, I'm sorry that you were treated the way you were. No trainer should treat their Pokemon that way. Everyone has their own talents and potential, and you shouldn't be forced into something that wouldn't benefit you," he told the Kadabra, hand still extended. "Come with me for a bit, I can at least find you a home."

"Besides, I might need your help in tracking down Custard. I have to get back to the shop..." he said with worry. He didn't want to lose Custard in this, but he couldn't risk his apprenticeship. Though, there were still doubts about Lucius, he needed to trust the rumors weren't true. That's when he got an idea in his head. He grabbed a Pokeball made out of pure, hardened chocolate and sent it out.

"Alright Pie, let's go!" he announced, and a giant Snorlax came out, interested in its very own Pokeball.

"I'll let you eat it once you find Custard. Take the Kadabra with you, and don't forget to use your Oder Sleuth. You know everyone's scents Pie, I can trust you with this," Leo ordered his Snorlax before heading back to the shop with Carrot in tow. He just hoped this would all work out.


Update 8
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola, post: 7084034, member: 3396
Liltwick – With the sorry excuse of a magician’s departure, you find yourself suddenly saddled with a new companion, whom you promise to help find a new home in exchange for its assistance in tracking down your friend – to which the Kadabra readily agrees. To aid the search party, you send for your Snorlax from his edible vessel, whom you also tempt with an assurance he would finally get to consume the container upon locating Custard. Easily swayed by such sweet nothings, Pie starts to sniff the air for the Togetic’s scent, before toddling off in a seemingly random direction, with Kadabra dubiously following the giant’s footsteps as he parts effortlessly through the sea of people like a snow plow.

That settled, you glance at the sun overheard as you notice the sky seems to be getting strangely… dark all of sudden. Odd, you didn’t think that much time had passed, but regardless you’d better be getting back to the shop soon before you lose your apprenticeship on the very first day. Keeping Carrot by your side just in case, you hurry back towards where you vaguely recall the bakery being, hoping you’ll be able to find your way there without a guide this time.

With your Carbink acting as a makeshift magnetic compass to navigate instead, eventually you manage to stumble back to your destination. Opening the door, you come upon Lucius standing alone behind the counter, and he glances up abruptly at the bell’s chime, seeming almost surprised to see you there. He then composes himself, and smiles.

“Ah, you’ve returned… And you found the eggs, I see.”

He nods approvingly at the carton you’re carrying, though something about his expression appears a bit… off. It’s then that you notice the Blissey from before is nowhere to be seen, and Carrot’s ears perk as it too senses something fishy about the whole situation. Before you can react though, a wave of wooziness washes over you, and for some reason your legs feel weak and weighted like lead, unable to run or even move an inch as he approaches.

“I suppose we should begin our first lesson then…” His warm, melting voice weaves in and out like static, fading fast from your consciousness. “…Which is, don’t just blindly accept food from strangers.” He watches with calm as your lids grow heavy, hands shoved casually in his coat pockets – yet a flash of genuine sympathy seems to cross his eyes as your own gradually succumb to slumber.

“Sorry, kid,” you distantly hear him sigh. “I tried to warn you, but.... You really shouldn’t have come back here.”



You wake some time later to discover yourself trapped in a dim, dank room – perhaps the basement? Your limbs have been bound to a chair, and beneath it inscribed on the floor in red paint (or more likely blood) appears to be some kind of bizarre symbol: an ornate pentagram within a circle, like one might use in a satanic summoning ritual to call upon a demon. Lines extend out from the center of the star and crawl up the walls like spiderwebs, glowing faintly as energy seems to travel along them from above ground, leading back to the source.

You haven’t much time to admire the morbid décor though, as you realize both your bag and Poké Balls have all been taken from you, and Carrot is missing as well. …However, you do hear humming off to the side, and scan slowly to see BB the Blissey singing cheerfully to herself as she sharpens a pair of shears on a grindstone. She catches your gaze, and turns with a grin as she shockingly speaks inside your still muddled mind:

“Ah, you’re awake!” She beams with pure delight as she clasps her winged paws together, the angelic image utterly at odds with the current chilling surroundings. “Now then, we can finally begin the ceremony~”

How do you respond?

Reply 8
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liltwick, post: 7086663, member: 83117
He was warned, after all. This was the expected result. But, he still held out hope. So why, why did he still feel betrayed? He put trust in a total stranger, and paid for it. He was so use to being able to fall back on people. If you pulled this shit in Team Skull you got your ass handed to you. So why did he think it would be the same as it always had been.

Of course, he wasn't exactly proficient in demonic rituals. Well, even proficient is a strong term. He was total lost, but he could at least ascertain he was the sacrifice here. If this way his fate, then may it be so. This was, after all, his first real time exploring a place that was outside of Alola. And this is how it ended up. He'd become a sacrifice. But, in a weird way, wasn't
that how things always would end up?

Looking around, he noticed the Blissey sharpening shears on a whetstone. Great. He was going to be cut up and ground into paste. Or something along those lines. He had nothing on him, his bag and Carbink both being gone. There was nothing he could do but sit and wait. That's when he felt his mind being probed, and the angelic figure of the Blissey turning hiding a devil in disguise.

"So, this is my 'just desserts' isn't it?" he muttered, not caring to really look at the morbid scenery around him. "I guess the saying the devil's in the details applies literally here, huh? Tell me, what does BB stand for? Black Blossom? Bottom black? Big Bertha?" He questioned jokingly. If he was going to die, he'd at least going out optimistically.

"But I digress, your name isn't important. All that matters is that I'm getting chopped to bits by a Pokemon, correct?" He said with a half-smile, eyes cast downward. There was a sense of serenity here.

"Oh well, guess I wont be able to make my special recipe for Malasadas anymore. At least, unless I make a deal. You things are all about contracts, right? Then let's make one. My freedom for that recipe."


Update 9
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola, post: 7093121, member: 3396
Liltwick – The Blissey cocks her head at your initial inquiry, clearly perplexed for a moment.

“‘BB’? Ah, you must mean this meatsack.” Her face lights up in understanding as she giggles. “I don’t know why that man continues to call her such, but as for myself… I’ve gone by many names according to your kind, but for now you may call me ‘Aisa’.”

She curtsies in a courteous manner to make your acquaintance, before moving on to the next query.

“Dear me, I believe you’re mistaken.” Her hand moves to her mouth in horror at the mere suggestion of such a gruesome method of execution. “Chopping to bits would be sooo messy, don’t you think? No no, all I intend to do is this.”

A snap, and suddenly a string of spun scarlet seems to materialize in front of you, leading from your pulsating heart to her pink paw, which she winds tightly around like cotton candy floss as if to further prevent escape. Bringing the shears ever closer, they hover a hair’s width over the red thread before pausing at your last desperate plea, offering to sell your special secret recipe in exchange for freedom.

“Silly, I have no use for Malasadas.” She smoothly rejects the bid without batting an eye, gesturing to the symbol blooming beneath your feet as it begins to glow seemingly brighter, hungry for nourishment. “All I seek is your soul to serve as the final ingredient. Once the required seven sacrifices are gathered, then the gateway will open. Now then, this won’t hurt a bit~” She smiles serenely as the blades slowly inch together, putting pressure on the cord that – despite her promise of zero pain – seems to travel straight up to your sternum, suffocating as the first fine strand of fiber starts to sever and fray…

BOOM.

Without warning, the floor above suddenly shakes violently, and the Blissey halts her proceedings as she blinks and glances up in confusion.

“What in the world…?”

You can hear Lucius yelling, followed by a mighty CRASH as the boards creak and give way, resulting in a giant mass of blue blubber landing directly before you with a thud. Pie roars triumphantly as Carrot and Custard hover down after him through the hole in the ceiling, the latter carrying your bag with a grin. Carrot swiftly floats over to your side and uses its SHARPENed edge to slice cleanly through the ropes, releasing you before your flabbergasted captor can even react.

“Wh- what the-“ She sputters in indignation at her plans unraveling in the span of a second. “How did you all get here?! Did that idiot let one of you escape?”

Just then, the last member of the rescue party leaps down: the Kadabra from earlier, as it casts a look towards Blissey that is equal parts plaintive and pitying.

“Enough, sister.” A surprisingly distinct female tone of voice emits from its mind; one that feels not quite fitting if not for image alone, but rather the host’s whole demeanor seems to have shifted since you saw it last. “You know this isn’t the way.”

To your added astonishment, it flicks its finger, and the dreamlike lifeline still tying you to Blissey seems to loosen and reel back towards Kadabra, before dissolving into invisibility again. The Blissey hisses in response, almost seeming to throw a tantrum.

“It’s their fault she’s dead!” she cries, eyes aflame like burning rubies. “Without her, this world is doomed anyway. So why allow it to live longer? Let it perish I say, and let’s start fresh again, with just the three of us.”

She extends her paw – pleadingly – but the Kadabra shakes its head, lifting a spoon instead.

“Not yet. There’s still time. Which is why, we’ll be taking our leave now.”

At that moment, a burst of radiance erupts from the silver, engulfing you and your Pokémon in its hemisphere. Just before you’re blinded completely by white, you catch sight of Lucius arriving down the stairs, as he locks gaze with you and nods slightly. Unable to respond in time, your stomach lurches as you find yourself abruptly swept away, TELEPORTing to…


Fortune’s Woods

You come to in a quiet copse of trees, with Kadabra and the rest of your team still beside you, the latter crowding around you in relief and concern over your wellbeing. As you eventually manage to reassure them that your body at least hasn’t been physically harmed in any way, you meet Kadabra’s stare while it seems to await the inevitable mountain of questions you must have.

What do you say?


Reply 9
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liltwick, post: 7093877, member: 83117
Everything around him happened in a flash. The devil wasn't interested in bargaining. Well, that wouldn't make them a devil now, would it? A demon. Yes, a true demon. It seemed he was resigned to his fate as a sacrifice. Gritting his teeth, Leo could only look forwards as the Blissey inched closer on closer. Her so-called promise of it being painless was an obvious lie. He could feel the cord sear through his entire body as she continued her approach.

"Guess this is it..." he sighed out. His voice was almost a whisper, and his eyes were filled with despair.

That was until a loud boom filled his ears. His eyes suddenly perked up, his head looking around wondering what was going on. He heard Lucius yelling from above and then heard the floorboards break with a loud crash. THat's when his eyes were filled with blue, as Pie descended into the room. At this point, it seemed like pure chaos. He was glad he decided on keeping the Snorlax around.

He then saw Custard and Carrot descend down with Pie, the Togetic happy to see his trainer. The Carbink quickly cut through the ropes, reeing Leo. He jumped up and gave Custard a hug. He was worried about what happened to the Pokemon, but now not seemed to be the time. Looking further up, he could see the Kadabra float down. The look on its face as it stared at the Blissey confused him. How could a random Pokemon have a connection to this demon?

But, there turned out to be one. He listened, somehow, to the conversation at hand. Resetting the world? But why? Sure there were bad things, but there were bad things everywhere. There was so much beauty and joy here, to the point it felt shocking that someone wanted to get rid of it. But, he felt he was freed all the same. As if that demon's hold on him was gone.

Leo could tell, though, that something had happened. What exactly happened, he did not know, but it was enough to cause sacrifices to be made. It was truly unforgivable. No matter what happened, it was right to play with other's lives to undo it.

"The past is the past for a reason!" He shouted. He noticed Lucius heading down the stairs and giving him a quick, understanding nod. Was he too a prisoner to the Blissey? He didn't have time to ask questions, as he was soon teleported away from this entire situation.

When he came to, he was in the woods. Getting up, he could see his Pokemon were with him still, as well as the Kadabra. That was good at the very least, but he was a bit worried about the situation he had left behind. But, his Pokemon were worried about him.

"Guys, I'm fine. See," he stated as he began to show them nothing bad had actually happened to his body.

With his group relieved, he saw the Kadabra looking at him. She? It? Was waiting for him. To open his mouth and ask away. He had been confused about the entirety of this situation, after all.

"Where are we? This has to be the Forest of Wands, right?" He immediately questioned. He wasn't planning on having to come here, but it might not be a bad thing. The entire forest was filled with magic, according to the guide. That could end up protecting them.

"Anyways, what the hell is going on? I just came here for an apprenticeship. I don't want to have to deal with angels or demons or any of that. I just want to be a baker. Make cakes and pastries. You know, simple things? I've had a fair share of trouble in my past, and now," he said looking at his team.

"So, who are you? What is that monster in pink? And why are people being killed?" He asked, his voice a little distraught at this point. He didn't want to have to go through any of this.


Update 10
Spoiler: show

Liltwick – Your mind reels are you rant off questions and complaints in rapid-fire, and the Kadabra takes them all in with calm. It then begins simply enough by confirming your first suspicion.

“Indeed, this is the ‘Forest of Wands’, as so named by your species. Unfortunately, this host’s power has been significantly drained by my sister’s machinations, so I was not able to take us far. However, the magic here runs deep, and will shield us from my sister’s eyes for a while as this vessel recovers its mana reserves in the meantime.”

Seeing you raise an eyebrow at the third person expression, it continues on in a detached manner.

“As you may have surmised, the spirit with whom you are currently communicating is not Kadabra’s. My sister and I at the moment are but projecting our souls, whilst our original forms still sleep safely beneath the water’s surface. As for our identities… You may perhaps know us best by our modern monikers: I am Uxie, Keeper of Knowledge, and the one you saw before was Mesprit, Bringer of Emotion.”

It bows before you in civil introduction, as your jaw drops upon realizing you are in fact faced with an ancient creature of myth; albeit as a mere shadow, like a mirror’s misted reflection. But if they were only two members of the Legendary Lake Trio, that meant the third…?

“Not long ago, poachers came to disturb our bed of rest. Only their intent was not to capture, but hunt us for sport and claim our jewels as trophies. My sister Azelf was awakened first from her slumber and tried to flee, but ultimately perished at the poacher’s hands. Hence why my other sister and I have taken measures to prevent physical harm to our own bodies through this indirect method of interaction.”

Though it still speaks with an eerily dispassionate and impartial tone – cold and concise, like succinctly summarizing a scientific proof – “Kadabra” closes its eyes as it recounts the tale, thus resembling its true persona upon recalling what is surely a painful memory.

“You may be aware of how our existence serves to maintain control over the rulers of Time and Space, Dialga and Palkia. With one link of the Red Chain broken, the beasts have already begun to run rampant. You’ve no doubt heard of the rift that has opened near the place you call ‘New Fizz City’, allowing travelers to pass through its gate to eras memoriam. While an issue in itself, it is not one of pressing concern for the time being. The rip is small and can be easily repaired. Rather, my sister’s grief and rage-fueled rampage may result in this universe’s unraveling even before the tear has a chance to grow.”

It then points up at the sky, which even through the filtered treetop canopy you can tell is much darker than before, as if the sun is slowly being consumed by shade.

“If Mesprit is able to complete her mourning ritual, then the ‘dragon who swallows the sun’ shall arise and wreak its vengeance for being sealed away. The only way to defeat it is by gathering three sacred relics: the Mirror, the Sword, and the Stone. …As luck would have it, the Sword is said to lie somewhere within these very woods.”

It then lowers its gaze back towards you, wearing a sympathetic but solemn countenance.

“I apologize for getting you involved in all this. For myself, I bear no particular hatred towards humans. However, my sister has allowed Emotion to cloud her judgment. Without Willpower, she knows naught but to throw a tantrum like a child. She forgets her duty and wishes death upon this world before its appointed time. …For you see, our roles perform another purpose.”

To illustrate its point, it snaps its fingers, and the thin crimson wire from before appears again in the air, faint but thankfully intact as it hums and hangs from the heart still beating strong behind your breast.

“All beings possess a lifeline which was spun by Azelf before birth. I measure the thread to determine the length allotted, and Mesprit cuts the cord when that creature’s time is up. This world too, has a lifeline of its own. That is how I know it is not yet destined to die. Though she is unable to terminate it alone at this time, if the serpent is successfully summoned then all is lost.”

It flicks once more, and the strand dispels.

“What you choose to do now is up to you. As I’ve stated, I have no personal quarrel with your kind as a whole, and recognize as an individual you share zero responsibility in instigating or resolving any wrongdoing; so you may leave at any time if you so desire. …However, it pains me to admit this, but with this weakened state I doubt I will be able to sense the Sword’s presence on my own, let alone fend off an attack if she finds out what I’m up to. Since she herself has been feeding off the abundant magic in this realm by harnessing its ley lines, it’s only a matter of time before she is able to track my energy trail. Truth be told, I could use some assistance.”

How do you reply?


Reply 10
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liltwick, post: 7126066, member: 83117
All of this information just confused Leo. All he wanted to do was learn from a master patissier, not end up on a quest to help one of the Lake Trio. And some of this felt wrong for him. Azelf was always depicted as a more masculine figure. And he, she, whatever is dead? And Mesprit is taking out her rage on trying to summon Giratina? It just feels a little all out there.

"I-I'm sorry but this is all too much for me. I'm not all too familiar with Sinnoh mythology but this feels just, different from what I know. I almost got sacrificed by a demonic Blissey apparently being possessed by the Pokemon of Emotion. I'm not even the heroic type... I use to be a member of an apparent evil organization.," Leo stated, feeling confused and downtrodden. Part of him wanted to help but, just, he didn't know if he could.

He looked at his team, all of who had varying reactions. Custard flew over to him and tried to comfort his trainer. The Togetic knew that the boy never dealt well with pressure. The Pokemon didn't really know how his trainer was in the past. They met after Leo was a part of Team Skull, but the Fairy-type knew there was always something that he didn't really want to talk about.

Pie and Carrot, on the other hand, simply looked confused. They never had seen their trainer like this before. The Carbink gently floated over and nuzzled up to Leo's foot, trying to reassure him. Though, that was short-lived as the Snorlax lifted up the trainer and gave him a giant hug.

"Thanks, guys, I really needed that. Look Uxie, I'm sorry but, I'm no hero. I can help out in finding you a champion, sure, but I'm not going to be restricted by that role. Heroes always die in the end..." he mumbled, his gaze distant and faded.


Update 11
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola, post: 7128279, member: 3396
Liltwick – Confused and overwhelmed by all this new information at once, you find yourself balking at the daunting mission set before you. A hero? You? Surely there must be some sort of mistake… You’re not cut out for these kinds of epic quests, considering your own association with an “evil” organization in the past… Sensing growing distress as you retreat into painful memories, your Pokémon surround their trainer in concern, unaware of whatever dark history you’ve been hiding but ready to help reassure all the same. Custard hovers worriedly by your head in an attempt to comfort, as Carrot covers the lower half by gently nudging your foot – only for both to be outdone by Pie as he gathers you up in a great big Bewear hug.

The air and anxiety literally almost squeezed out of you, you smile in thanks to your companions for their efforts in cheering you up. Though still reserved, you agree to assist Uxie for the time being, at least until another, more fitting champion can be found. Once again, confidence falters as you grimly contemplate the tragic fates that oft befall “heroes” in the end…

“I appreciate your willingness to embark on this journey for now, even if you feel it is not your forte. Rest assured, I have no intention to hold you to this task. If at any point you no longer wish to continue on, then simply say the word and I will do my best to return you from whence you came.”

Hearing the final foreboding remark muttered under your breath, Uxie adds:

“If it is any consolation, I can tell you that your life thread is not destined to end anytime in the near future, so take that as you will.”

With that, it turns and begins heading off into the woods, as you shrug and shadow after – albeit still somewhat reluctantly. …After what feels like hours of aimless wandering though, it seems as if you’ve made no progress at all. The trees look the same as ever, and you start to suspect perhaps you’ve just been walking in one giant circle. Even the Kadabra’s form beside you appears to be furrowing its brow further in unease, faded powers utterly failing to pinpoint its destination’s direction and thus unable to formulate a proper plan.

Just then, Custard suddenly calls out in alarm as you spin around to discover Carrot is nowhere to be seen. Pie blinks in nervous bewilderment at the bunny’s absence, having not noticed anything amiss until the Togetic took note their friend was no longer following. As you cast apprehensively about for where the rock rabbit might have gone, you think you can hear a faint giggling up above in the treetops…

What do you do?


Reply 11
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liltwick, post: 7136476, member: 83117
Even if he wasn't fated to die soon, it really didn't give him any sort of consolation. This was way too out of his element. He just didn't know exactly what he was supposed to do here. Even if Uxie was dejected, he felt almost apathetic. Like a part of him just didn't even exist. There was no fire, or passion in this sort of situation. He was almost killed, and he didn't know how to process this.

Taking a deep breath, he looked past the Kadabra and walked forwards. He didn't care at this rate. This wasn't why he was here. He wasn't actively searching for some grand adventure. Sure, there were times he helped play the hero, thinking back to his recent trip to the Arboreal Cradle. But, that was different. It was just... a bygone dream. Or was it the strangest reality? Or did he never wake up, and this too was part of his dreams. Perhaps he was still in that clearing with Sprinkles, sleeping under the stars.

Besides, even if it wasn't a dream... Why would Mesprit go into a rage like this? Even if Azelf didn't exist at this rate, there was still the issue of Dialga's Gate. It was slowly consuming the area around New Fizz City day after day. Even if it was a strange temporal rift... it was the lake trio's duty to keep Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina all in check. That much he knew of Sinnoh's lore.

Things just... didn't add up. Nothing here added up. He continued to wander through the woods, lost in these cyclical thoughts. Even if he was moving forwards, it felt like he was going in circles. So, the question was, where was the lie? This was a scenario that shouldn't happen. A scenario beyond him to really understand.

Through his musings, Leo didn't notice that Carrot had disappeared. It took Custard slapping him in the face to snap him from this stupor. The Togetic pointed out that the Carbink was gone, and Pie was looking pretty worried. Looking around, the Carbink was nowhere in sight. Surely he was with them, right?

Leo held Honey's Pokeball, wondering if the Cutiefly was in enough of a state to help out. The Battle against the Braixen was taking, certainly. Then, if that wasn't an option, what was? The pie had to track down Custard earlier, and the Snorlax has a one-track nose, to say the least.

Then he heard a faint noise coming from the trees. It almost sounded like... giggling? Some sort of spirit was up to some tricks, to say the least. But, it didn't really matter now, did it? By some stroke of fate, he'd find Carrot again. This sort of lethargy was dangerous, to say the least. He just felt that this was straying too far from his intended path.


"Custard, lure it out with a Follow Me," Leo calmly stated. The tone of his voice was apathetic, and the look in his eyes hallow. Custard came up and patted Leo, his eyes filled with worry. The Pokemon had never seen his trainer in this state.

"Pie, I want you to Block it once comes out, I rather not whatever it is to escape once it comes down. We need to rescue Carrot..." he muttered. His voice was getting quieter. The Snorlax tilted his head. This was getting worse, but the two Pokemon were powerless to help their trainer.

Then, Custard's eyes lit up. There was a way, but he needed to make sure that there was something. The Togetic quickly flew towards Leo's bag and rummaged through it. At this rate, Loe didn't really care. He was too lost in his thoughts to notice. Custard found a Luxury Ball and examined it for Leo's markings he'd make to denote who was in it... The scribbles were flowers. Yes, perfect, he brought her along.

Custard grabbed the Pokeball and flew it over to Leo's hand. The trainer looked a little confused.

"Will this help us find Carrot?" he asked. Custard nodded, and in turn, Leo let the Pokemon out.

A Comfey appeared from the ball. She looked around, trying to figure out the situation. She could see the worry on Custard and Pie's faces and then looked at her trainer. She instantly flew over to try and give him some triage. Glace flew over to her trainer, and wrapped her lei around his neck, and waited. This was their only hope, to save their trainer. Custard and Pie were then ready to follow their orders, hoping they could rescue Carrot at the same time.


Update 12
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola, post: 7156486, member: 3396
Liltwick – Thoughts plagued by questions and concerns, your mind sluggishly follows your feet by wandering in circles, trapped in an endless cycle of self-doubt. Everything seems too unreal to be true. Was this perhaps all just a dream? Some cosmic scheme to keep you confined within a fantasy, forever fated to fight gods and wars rather than fulfilling one simple wish…

Lost in your reverie, you fail to notice the absence of your astern party member until it’s too late. Hearing snickering from above, you start to suspect some mischievous spirit is at work, but apathy has drained your will to the point of barely registering alarm, let alone rage. The eerie, quiet calm with which you command your remaining companions causes more unease than if you had yelled with full force, and they sense something else must be done quickly to snap their trainer out of such critical stupor.

Hovering over to your bag, Custard roots around and retrieves a black and gold leaf ball trimmed with a floral pattern, gently impressing it into your palm. Confused and bewildered by the insistent request but too lethargic to protest, you agree to release your Comfey onto the scene in hopes she’ll somehow be able to help find your missing friend as well. Upon seeing such worry upon the Togetic’s and Snorlax’s expressions, and then the languid state of their trainer, the little lei swiftly floats over and wraps herself comfortably around your shoulders, letting a soothing aroma wash over you in an attempt to breathe some life back into your soul.

Custard then proceeds to raise a paw and waggle his finger invitingly at the treetops, calling out in temptation to whoever was hiding within. There’s a pause – before a small, dark brown object suddenly drops down from the branches. Though primed to face a much more menacing foe, all five of you blink in bemusement as you confront what appears to be… an acorn?

All of a sudden, the tiny bean suddenly sits up and sprouts a pair of short stubs, striving to flee whilst its foes are distracted. Pie promptly moves to block its path however, and the petite Seedot squeaks in terror as a giant foot stomps down in front of it, plopping back onto its bum in surprise. The kernel cowers with fear as it switches tactics to trying to burrow itself deep into the ground instead in a desperate effort to hide, and your perplexed Pokémon look to you for assistance, wondering what to do now about this miniature prisoner they’ve managed to capture.

How do you react?

Reply 12
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liltwick, post: 7168523, member: 83117
Feeling the comforting healing of his Comfey, Leo looks around as if he had awakened from a nightmare. He had a role to play in this, and he needn't run away. Everything here was just a bygone dream to the forest, but it was a reality for him at this point. Looking around, he saw Custard and Pie following the orders he had issued out. Good, nothing went wrong when he was in that stupor.

He watched as a bean, no maybe an acorn, jumped out of the tree and slammed into the ground. Its small feet went to try and get some solid footing, opening its eyes and trying to figure out a way to flee. This was a Seedot... Was it following them, the rustling in the trees? It felt like a little too much noise for one Seedot, but it didn't matter.

What mattered was that the Seedot tried to flee while his Pokemon were focused on him. That's when Pie stomped his foot down, scaring the living daylights out of the small acorn. It tries to burrow in the ground, feeling that if it can't run away it'll go down. Though, that really wouldn't work at this rate.

"Custard, please use Extrasensory to lift it up from the ground. Pie, I want you to use Yawn to make it drowsy," Leo calmly ordered, walking up towards Seedot as well.

With a small smile and a soft tone, he spoke to the Pokemon.

"Could you please help us find your missing friend? I'll promise you no harm will come to you if you do. Of course, Pie is probably hungry by now." Leo looked at his Snorlax. "I can't control him when he's in his hungry rage, and he loves chocolate. And you look like a cute little bonbon, so much he might swallow you whole. So what do you say?"

Update 13
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola, post: 7174882, member: 3396
Liltwick – Before the desperate prisoner can even begin to make a dent in its escape tunnel, it finds itself abruptly lifted off the ground by a disorienting invisible force. Its tiny legs flail in helpless panic as you smile softly and speak to it in a smooth tone, which only serves to unsettle the dangling hostage further. At the thinly veiled threat to permit your Snorlax to swallow the seed whole, Pie takes the cue to grin and open his mouth up big in demonstration, letting out a large yawn that reveals the two sharp teeth in his lower jaw, and wide waiting tongue which he uses to lick his lips with a smack. A pink bubble floats simultaneously forth from his drooling maw, popping on the Seedot’s snout and showering it in saliva. It shudders as the sickening liquid seeps into its skin, at the same time acting as a sedative to strangely calm its nerves, like a snake’s poison paralyzing its prey. Slowing movements, its drooping eyelids hold its handler’s hypnotic gaze at it starts to squeak again, albeit sluggishly. You can sense the Kadabra beside you listening intently as it nods, before turning to translate the slurred speech.

“It seems today is the Birthday of the Forest King’s daughter, and his subjects were ordered to find suitable gifts for her to organize a surprise party. It was thought such a sparkling jewel would make a perfect present for the princess. Your companion has thus been taken to the King’s court, where its gems will subsequently be harvested and carved to create a splendid crown of crystal.”

As before, Uxie repeats the information with utterly deadpan delivery, relaying such disturbing details without batting an eye. Yet, it surprisingly continues on under its breath:

“Such fools, no better than those poachers who thought they could claim our stones as mere ornaments…”

It snaps up suddenly from its reverie as the Seedot pipes up again, and Uxie nods once more in understanding.

“The little one is now offering to lead us to where its cohorts are holding Carbink captive, in exchange for sparing its life. While my powers may be diminished, I can determine its words are at least trustworthy. Seeing as we have no other recourse or guidance to rely on at the moment, and time is of the essence, I suggest we follow its direction if you wish to save your friend.”

What will you do?

Reply 13
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liltwick, post: 7182811, member: 83117
Leo simply blinked at the situation, trying to understand the situation. A party was happening, and they took Carrot to grind him into gems? That would just ruin the mood of the celebration, wouldn't it? Sure jewelry and trinkets were definitely things princesses wanted, but they hadn't the need to do that to a poor Carbink now, would they?

He shakes his head, his determination once again reigniting. He could feel violent tendencies to go down, the lost kid within him returning to his older, sweets loving self. He ignored the sadness in the Uxie's tone, he was only focused on one thing and one thing alone.

"Custard, there's a party going on! And you know what we do with parties we weren't invited to right?" Leo shouted with giddy glee. Though, it wasn't a tone of childlike wonder. There was a toothy grin creeping up on his face, plans of mischief were afoot. The Togetic let out a happy squee, before starting to stir up a Nasty Plot.

The two looked at the Uxie, the legendary most likely discerning their true intentions. Pie looked confused, still holding the drowsing Seedot. The Snorlax could tell he wasn't going to be eating the Seedot at least, and let the Pokemon down.

"Well, we need to rescue Carrot now, don't we? After all, we can't crash a party if we don't have everyone with us right? Come on boys, let's go!" Leo exclaimed, picking up the Seedot and holding the acorn.

"Let the way little guy, and if you know where some chestnuts are please take us there too, okay?" Leo asked as he patted the Seedot on the head. While it was presented as a sweet question, there was an underlying tone that implied this was more of a direct command.
[/reply]


Update 14
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola, post: 7200270, member: 3396
Liltwick – A sense of gusto begins to rise in your gut as you absorb the situation, almost giddy with glee at the idea of getting to crash a party uninvited. Though perhaps alarming in its own way – as Uxie raises an eyebrow slightly at the unexpected amount of enthusiasm displayed – at least you seem to be motivated again, and so it doesn’t question the sudden shift in attitude. Custard appears hardly concerned either, rubbing his paws together mischievously as he plots some nasty punishment for whoever would dare neglect to extend an invitation to your own entire party. Pie is more confused than anything, but recognizes he won’t be eating the Seedot anytime soon it seems, and so passes the nodding off nut to you in disappointment. As you grant permission for it to lead the way with a “gentle” pat on the head, you offhandedly remark if it knows the location of any chestnuts to take you there as well.

Spurred awake by the somewhat nonsensical threat request, the Seedot swallows as it agrees and slowly begins to shuffle off upon being placed back on the ground, still a bit woozy and unsteady on its feet. Though clearly too tired to try and run away at this point, your group continues to keep a close eye on the captive; flanking it on all sides like prison guards to prevent escape, instantly primed to subdue and restrain should it try to make a break for it.

Eventually, you come to a surprisingly sizeable clearing where a great commotion seems to be taking place: all kinds of Grass Pokémon are bustling to and fro – presumably busy with preparations for the party – as you quickly crouch down behind the bushes to avoid being seen and creep steadily closer to spy on the proceedings. Over to one side, you spot poor Carrot being contained in a sturdy wooden cage suspended to a tree by vines, with two Nuzleaf sentinels standing watch; brandishing sharp-looking spears and stern expressions as they diligently patrol the perimeter.

Before you can even attempt to approach the confined Carbink however, your attention is caught by a booming exclamation from the back, where a grand throne garnished with garlands of blooms is erected in the center. The thunderous voice belongs to a fuming Vileplume seated on top – clearly the so-called “Forest King” – as its followers all screech to a grinding halt, pausing the process of further festive decorating with flower festoons to stare at the recipient of the raging ruler’s wrath: a wilting Whimsicott with its head bowed before the former in shame. A smaller Cottonee cowers behind its elder’s shielding ball of fluff as the mad monarch makes a sour face and spits out the sample bite of Birthday cake it had apparently been munching on, glaring at the offending piece of pastry before tossing the plate at the fearful floof’s feet. (Fortunately the crockery is carved of wood as well instead of porcelain so it doesn’t shatter dangerously – despite landing close to the little one as it squeaks and ducks its head in dread, diving deeper into the senior subject’s down.)

“Pah! You call this a cake?” (Kadabra takes the liberty of translating mentally for you once again as a courtesy.) “Every year is the same old thing, I’m sick and tired of it. Can’t you come up with a new recipe?”

“But, milord, this is the princess’s favorite flavor she always requests…”

“Hmph. My precious daughter deserves better than this commoner fare. Something fresh, something exotic…”
The poisonous petal Pokémon grins as its budding idea blossoms into a direct order, licking taste buds in anticipation. “Right then, return to the kitchen, and come back with a dish that’ll really impress. Only the most extraordinary, exciting dessert will do!”

The Whimsicott winces at such a vague demand, but nevertheless nods, daring not to disobey the crown’s command.

“Yes, your Majesty…”

The chef murmurs in defeat with a heavy sigh, as Cottonnee pops its head out again out of the wool, peering worriedly up at the parent cook with consternation. Meanwhile, with the Vileplume’s anger momentarily quelled, the other vassals simply shake their heads in sympathy before starting to resume their tasks. If you wish to slip by whilst the servants are still distracted, better make a decision fast…

What will you do?



lilboocorsola
Spoiler: show
Adventure Start
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola, post: 7058417, member: 3396
OoC - Continuing my Adventure from Incognito Isle. Thanks, Lilt!

Kanna inhaled deeply as she steeled herself and stepped onto the deck, following Lopunny down into the cargo hold – where she halted short at the image of so many creepy caterpillars crawling about the hull, like a scene out of a vermiphobe’s nightmare. There were at least a dozen tiny green pests wiggling and wriggling in every direction, digging into the crates and devouring every piece of fabric they could get their greedy little suckers on. From the speed at which the cloths were being consumed, it was clear the creatures were completely starved, and would eat the entire stock empty if not stopped soon.

Though Kanna cowered slightly at the sight of such an overwhelming task before her, her companions each patted her back with a reassuring paw to help bolster her confidence. Resolving her determination, she nodded to indicate she was ready, as the three then put on their most CHARMing performances to draw the insects’ notice. Once the Caterpie were thoroughly captivated by the sudden strangers’ cuteness, Kanna placed her paws together and cocked her head to the side in an adorably pleading pose, beckoning the bugs to follow her outside. The audience gladly obliged, trailing after their new leader in an orderly line formation, like the Pied Piper conducting the children of Hamelin. Kief and Yufi brought up the marching band’s rear to ensure no stragglers stayed behind, and soon they had all descended the ramp safely onto the docks, where Chansey and Lopunny were waiting with congratulations.

“Thank you so much!” the former exclaimed, as her partner approached to hand Kanna a Silk Scarf in gratitude. “Here, I think this would suit you for what you've done. The Caterpie didn't seem to touch the box the scarves were in, and apparently they were over ordered. I hope you enjoy this!”

Kanna blushed as she gingerly accepted the gift, murmuring a modest “It was nothing.” However, another small voice instantly arrested her awareness.

“Mama.”

She blinked, and turned around to see the crowd of Caterpie focusing on her with wide, expectant eyes as they all began slowly chanting in unison, crying and clamoring for attention as they all crammed together towards her.

“Mama! Mama! Mama!”

The Furret nearly dropped the fabric as she covered her face to bury an intense blush, just about to die from embarrassment.

“N- no, you’re mistaken… I’m not your Mama…”

“…Mama?”


Kanna’s ears perked at the different, yet familiar sounding voice. Lifting the veil, she looked down to see Yufi gazing eagerly up at her, wagging her tail as she repeated the word as well, blissfully joining in the chorus.

“Mama!”

Yufi yipped again, before rotating to the other raccoon.

“Papa!”

She gleefully declared, as Kanna almost fainted in shock. Not only was this the first time the young cub had finally formed a full phrase in their presence, but for her to boldly declare the both of them as her “parents” – it was too much for her heart to bear.

“Y- Yufi, I’m not sure that means what you think it does…” She stammered pathetically, casting a desperate glance to Kief for assistance, who merely grinned and shrugged, not the least bit bothered by the moniker. Kanna could only shake with rising shame as Yufi watched the two of them in confusion, when yet another surprising sound interrupted the conversation – this time the growling of one of the Caterpie’s tummies. Seems they all hadn’t eaten their fill yet, and Kanna softened at seeing the pitiful expression in its eyes. Gazing down at the silken garb in her paws – evidently of high (and surely expensive) quality judging by its sheen and smoothness – she gulped as she made a decision. After all, they did say it was a surplus…

“You know, I’m pretty sure Minchi already has one of these, so… Here. You guys can have it.”

Hoping the Chansey and Lopunny wouldn’t mind, she gently laid down the muffler on the ground. Upon witnessing her example of unprecedented generosity, Kief and Yufi immediately followed suit, gladly removing their bandanas to offer the hungry horde. As Kanna observed the Caterpie light up and chow down on the free feast, squeaking in satisfied delight, she couldn’t but help but feel a swell of pride. She may not have been their actual mother, but she still wished them health and happiness – so long as it didn’t cause trouble for others.

Revolving to her benefactor, she bowed her head in apology for sacrificing the present she had just so kindly received.

“I’m really sorry, I just wanted to make sure they’ll be okay and figured this was a better use for it… If you’d like us to pay for it to help cover the damages I’m sure we can work something out… Right, Kief? …Kief?”

Kanna glimpsed up to find her friend missing from her side, with Yufi gleaming mischievously as she attempted to appear innocent by batting the lids of her big baby browns. A sinking feeling began to weight the Furret’s gut as she gulped.

“…Yufi, where did Kief go?”

The kit beamed as she pointed a paw at the ship – which was starting to sail away.

“Boat!”

She barked simply as Kanna paled, realizing Kief must have sensed an opportunity to sneak back on board whilst the crew was away and everyone else distracted, in order to search for any other goods that – *ahem* – wouldn’t be missed. “Somehow” he must have drawn up the anchor as well, as the wind was already beginning to swiftly carry the craft out to sea.

“Oh no oh no, what to do what to do what to do…”

The Furret flailed as she panicked. In a flash of adrenaline-fueled inspiration, she abruptly grabbed Yufi and hoisted her onto her back, warning her to hold on tight. The rider squealed with joy as her mount then executed a magnificent U-TURN, managing to land on the vessel’s stern. Panting, Kanna peered back over the railing at the dumbfounded blob and bunny left behind on shore, surrounded by a squirming swarm of worms at their feet.

“I’m so sorry! We’ll bring it right back, I promise!”

She called out, hoping they could even hear her at this point. Ducking her head down in disgrace, she slunk along the length of the liner until she finally caught up with Kief at the captain’s station, prepared to give him a good scolding. Before that though, she stared at the steering wheel, which clearly no one was commanding at the moment.

“…Kief, do you even know how to steer this thing?”

He shook his head, as Yufi shared an oblivious smile. Kanna sighed and slapped her forehead, leaning against the rail in defeat. It was official. They were boatnappers, and currently drifting out into the middle of the ocean with only the currents to guide them, having no idea of where they were headed or how to get back.

…This was going to be a very long “vacation” indeed.

Update 1
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liltwick, post: 7058474, member: 83117
lilbluecorsola-

It's been a few weeks since the trio had saved the boat from the Caterpie horde and inadvertently stealing the boat. Incognito Island was a distant dream at this point. There was enough food for the three to survive off of, even if Kanna was starting to get at her wit's end. Their trainer must be worried sick by this point, and it seemed no one was really able to find them. All they could see was the open seas and a spare Wingull or two fly by every few days or so.

It really was a vast nothingness. The ocean was this blue void, and the sun red warmth bordering on death. With supplies dwindling, it would be a miracle for landfall to happen soon. Yufi and Keif were at least having fun being "pirates" even so this was just a simple merchant ship. Besides all of the cloth that was mostly eaten, there were still a few other valuables. Mostly jewelry and kits to make clothing or jewelry. If there was anything else, it was either eaten by the trio or eaten by the Caterpie.

Though, today seemed to be a little different. There were clouds forming on the horizon. It was a welcome sight, to say the least. After all, it's been nothing but blistering sun since they left Incognito Island. A huge thunderbolt then broke across the sky, and the smell of rain became incredibly strong.

A huge, whale like creature erupted from the ocean. It let out a huge roar, and as it did the rains came crashing down. The waves were now turbulent, and it was becoming obvious that the boat wasn't going to handle this sudden change in weather. The whale roared, and jumped up into the air before diving back into the ocean. The resulting aftershock caused a giant wave to wash over the boat and knock it over.

When the trio came to, they were washed ashore on a distant island. In front of them seemed to be the back of some kind of building, with most of it in the water. Wherever they were, it seems that they were stranded here. What a vacation.


Reply 1
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola, post: 7079439, member: 3396
Days passed, turning into weeks. There was nothing surrounding them but a vast, blue emptiness, as the red hot sun beat down mercilessly, baking the brown stowaways on board into a golden crisp. Their food supplies were diminishing, and Kanna’s anxieties were running rampant as she wondered how in the world they were going to survive once they ran out, let alone find their way back. Jess must be worried sick about them at this point, and there was no sign of land or life other than a stray Wingull soaring overhead every now and then (who were always flying too high to heed her quiet cries for help, or else purposefully playing deaf to the desperate pleas).

Kief and Yufi, meanwhile, seemed wholly unconcerned by their current dire situation, having the time of their life pretending to be pirates as they explored the entire ship from top to bottom, gleefully looting every unopened crate they could find. A part of Kanna couldn’t help but be amused by their antics as she watched them play, decking themselves out in jewels and dashing garments as they swashbuckled on deck. Still her apprehensions were mounting, especially as the gathering clouds on the horizon began to shift to black without warning. Her nose quivered as she sensed the smell of rain in the air, and a streak of lightning abruptly pierced through the canopy and spread across the sky, followed by a booming clap that sent the skittish Furret fleeing for cover. Even Yufi was frightened by the sound and heavy downfall as waves crashed against the hull, heaving the boat to and fro. She shivered and curled up against Kief and Kanna as the three soaked balls of fur huddled together for warmth and comfort, attempting to keep their balance amidst the turbulence which threatened to overturn their vessel at any point.

Just then, an enormous whale-like figure erupted from the sea, singing with a roaring wail like a banshee. The beast bellowed again as it dived back into the brine, resulting in a towering tsunami that completely engulfed the craft, causing the trio to squeak in terror as they tumbled from the sinking safety straight into the dark and dangerous depths. Kanna clung to Yufi with all her might, but her grip slipped from Kief’s, and she watched in horror as they started to get swept away from each other. The Zigzagoon struggled against the stream, however his small paws simply weren’t capable of fighting such strong currents. Kanna’s own limbs were full and she couldn’t move, and she was swiftly losing consciousness from being buffeted by the powerful surges. Just as the undertow pulled her below, she thought she saw a bright flash of light glowing in the distance, and an approaching shadow like an eel rapidly racing in her direction , reaching down towards her from above. She blinked as she felt something grab hold of her and lift forcefully, bursting back to the surface and gasping for air. Her savior dragged her over onto a piece of driftwood, nudging encouragingly from behind as she barely mustered the last of her energy to clamber up and collapse, still clutching the trembling Zigzagoon beside her. She couldn’t even twist her head to look at her rescuer, as her exhausted lids drifted to a close…



…When she awoke, her first sensation was of something wet and sandpapery licking her face. She fluttered her eyes open to see an unfamiliar creature standing over her, tongue hanging out as it slobbered all over.

“Ah- ah… PUNCH!”

She yelped in shock and disgust as she instinctively socked the rude stranger right in the jaw, making him stumble backwards as he plopped his bum on the beach, painfully nursing the smacked sore spot with an expression of hurt surprise in his eyes. Kanna glanced fearfully around to realize she was on what appeared to be a deserted island, meaning she was alone with some wild Pokémon who was probably going to end up eating her for dinner, after having already inappropriately harassed his prey.

“Wh- wh- where are you? Who am I? What’s going on? Yufi! Kief! Help!”

Hearing her screams of panic, Yufi came dashing down the sandbar with an excited bark, wagging her tail in joy.

“Papa! Mama! You’re awake!”

Kanna paused as she rotated slowly to the unknown party, squinting at his cream and caramel-colored features as things finally clicked into place.

“…Kief?”

The Linoone smiled and awkwardly waved a claw.

“Hey.”

Tears formed at the corners of her eyes as she immediately extended forward to embrace him.

“Is it really you?”

She sobbed, as he gently wrapped a long tail around her in reciprocation.

“Yeah. It’s me.”

“I can’t believe it,”
she sniffed. “You evolved… in order to save me?”

“’Course I did.”
He grinned. “I love you after all.”

Kanna froze again at the words she’d always longed to say herself, but could never work up the courage to – let alone ever expected to hear from him first. And here he had admitted it so casually, the humiliation crept up her cheeks like a hot thermometer.

“You… You really mean that?”

“Yep.”
He swelled with pride as he fished out a crystal Heart Necklace. “I saved this for you too after all. …Was planning to give it to you when we got home, but I guess now’s a good a time as any.” He confessed sheepishly with an uncharacteristically shy scratch of his chin.

Kanna clasped her paws together over her mouth in astonished honor at the offer; she knew she should be angry at him for giving her stolen goods in the first place, but this was such a dream come true she overflowed with appreciation at the unexpected romantic gesture.

“Thank you…” She giggled nervously as she wiped dry diamond drops, giving him an affectionate peck. “I love you too. …And uh, sorry about slapping you before.”

Meanwhile, Yufi was eagerly watching the proceedings with a wide beam, as the snuggling pair suddenly became aware of their young spectator and broke away in embarrassment. Kanna’s heart was still thumping as she placed the pendant over it, treasuring the keepsake despite its… “illicit” origins. After all, the reason she fell for him in the first place was because of his thoughtfulness towards others – even if he did have some rather *ahem* rascally habits.

Coincidentally, Yufi spotted something wash up on shore, and chased after the dark blob before it could be whisked away again. Fetching it with her fangs, she trotted triumphantly back and handed it to Kief, who gleamed with relief as he wrung out the fabric, setting the slightly sodden Team Pocket cap back on his crown. Kanna stretched out to assist in adjusting it, before nodding in approval. That settled, they revolved to take stock of their environs, noticing they were near the back of some sort of building, partially submerged in water.

“For now, I guess we should try checking out this place first… And see if we can find a way to contact Jess.”


Update 2
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liltwick, post: 7079835, member: 83117
lilblue-

With Keif's evolution and further confession to Kanna, the Furret and Linoone share a tender moment before Yufi crashes the party. The female Zigzagoon is wondering what her mommy and daddy were doing, and was further wondering about the big building in front of the group. Kanna decides the best course of action would be to explore the submerged building. They could possible find a way to communicate with their trainer in there.

The group heads towards the building, and quickly realizes that it was some kind of temple. There was a small bridge leading towards the back entrance, which didn't seem to be submerged within water. Since there was nothing else around, it only seemed natural to go inside and investigate the place.

Once inside, the group notices a sign posted on the wall. It seemed to be an informational plague of some kind. Something about how people shouldn't try to explore the place and stick to their tour guides. Of course, words mean nothing for the two members for the Zigzagoon line, and they barrel forth deeper within. Nothing was ever quiet with them around after all.

Kanna makes haste to follow them, and she could see Keif and Yufi sitting in front of some kind of door. There was a little switch near the bottom, and there was another plaque there saying "Do Not Enter." Of course, Keif and Yufi don't necessarily understand the meaning of that and pull the switch anyways. The door opens to reveal a set of stairs. Once set leads up, and the other leads further into the depths. An ominous feeling emanates from these stairs but, well, it was less of trying to convince them to not, but more trying to figure out which one would be less dangerous.

What do you do?

Reply 2
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola, post: 7084035, member: 3396
As the trio approached the ruined structure, upon closer inspection it appeared to resemble some sort of sacred temple. A thin mobile arched over the water towards the back entrance, providing safe and dry passage at least. Kanna had certainly had enough of swimming for a lifetime, so she was thankful for that as they crossed the bridge into the building, Kief and Yufi eagerly leading the way as they began to explore.

As soon as they stepped inside, a bold plaque greeted them with words none of them understood, so the Linoone and Zigzagoon blatantly ignored the warning and barged on through, figuring whatever message it held was only intended for humans anyway. Kanna nervously wondered if the text might have contained some important information, but given she didn’t know how to read people’s writing either there wasn’t much she could do but quickly follow her friends for fear of losing sight of them.

When she caught up with her companions, they were seated in front of another door with a similar sign beside it. Again, the scribbles meant nothing to them, so Yufi impressed a small switch she noticed by the bottom, and the entry exposed to reveal a twin set of stairs: one scaling up, and the other descending further into the depths. Kanna gulped as she peered down at the shadows, suspecting all sorts of dangers awaiting at the end. It would probably be more benign and beneficial to take the rising path, as if they could get onto the roof they’d at least have a better bearing on their surroundings. …But, of course, her comrades weren’t considering the practicality of either course of action for survival, instead focused on what would produce the most excitement. And the unknown darkness certainly seemed most inviting, beckoning with promises of adventure – and possibly treasure.

Before Kanna could even suggest otherwise, the two already began traversing the steps into the underworld, heedless to any potential peril. Kanna swallowed as she swiftly chased after them, not wanting to be left behind despite a multitude of misgivings.

“W-wait for me, guys!”

She squeaked as she tugged on Kief’s tail, who slowed down enough for her to travel next to him. Though she was still apprehensive, the heat of his elongated body beside hers helped her feel secure, and the glint of her necklace seemed to guide the way even in the lack of light. She leaned against him as they walked, comforted by his warm coat and confidence – but at the same time still hoping they weren’t about to be eaten by a grue.


Update 3
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liltwick, post: 7084686, member: 83117
Yuki-

The trio heads down the stairs, much to Kanna's chagrin. The passageway was dark, damp, and smelled like something died. It was unpleasant, and despite the gleams of the necklace, extremely hard to navigate due to the darkness of the passageway. It didn't help that Yufi would go ahead every so often, which caused a conflict on interest in Kanna staying next to Kief out of comfort, and trying to reign in the Zigzagoon.

As the trio ventured further down the stairs, they also manage to trigger a variety of traps along the way. A few trip wires that caused poisoned darts, pressure plates causing swinging axes and more similar traps were being triggered. Of course, with everyone's small, lithe frames it was actually impossible to be hit by these traps. They felt more made for humans than Pokemon. Of course, that doesn't mean there wasn't a trap that would be bad for all of you.

The one confusing thing was that the stairwell felt like it just kept going down and down and down. There were no twists or turns. It felt like it just kept going on forever and ever. As if you were going deep within to the very heart of the temple. The perception of time was lost, and the trio didn't know if they were climbing down the stairs for minutes or hours. That was until Yufi pressed on one specific pressure plate.

A large rumbling noise happened, and the stairwell sudden filled with light. Torches hanging on the walls were lit by some unseen force, and the three of you could hear a large thud behind you. Turning around, the trio notice a giant boulder starting to roll towards them. There was only one choice here. RUN.

Running down the stairs, Kanna realized that the stairs were still, in fact, trapped, as she saw darts flying out and axes coming down as Yufi ran as fast as she could. This was just great. If they weren't squished, then some other terrible fate was going to befall them. That was when Kief noticed a light at the end of the tunnel, and barreled forwards with Kanna and Yufi in tow. The three formed a furry wheel as they ended up bouncing down the stairs and going straight into a room. They heard a loud thud, and the boulder blocked their entryway. They were trapped now, great.

Though, looking around the room, there noticed three exits. Two were on the sides of the room, and the last one was adjacent to them. The exits were connected by three stone bridges, and the room itself was more of a square with four circular points. Each point had a little alcove, as well as a different color. In the center of the room was a pedestal. Looking up, you could see a white, ovular rock resting on the pedestal. It was a white and gray rock with dark circles on the top at peculiar positions. What was this rock for?

What does the group do?


Reply 3
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola, post: 7084035, member: 3396
As the trio approached the ruined structure, upon closer inspection it appeared to resemble some sort of sacred temple. A thin mobile arched over the water towards the back entrance, providing safe and dry passage at least. Kanna had certainly had enough of swimming for a lifetime, so she was thankful for that as they crossed the bridge into the building, Kief and Yufi eagerly leading the way as they began to explore.

As soon as they stepped inside, a bold plaque greeted them with words none of them understood, so the Linoone and Zigzagoon blatantly ignored the warning and barged on through, figuring whatever message it held was only intended for humans anyway. Kanna nervously wondered if the text might have contained some important information, but given she didn’t know how to read people’s writing either there wasn’t much she could do but quickly follow her friends for fear of losing sight of them.

When she caught up with her companions, they were seated in front of another door with a similar sign beside it. Again, the scribbles meant nothing to them, so Yufi impressed a small switch she noticed by the bottom, and the entry exposed to reveal a twin set of stairs: one scaling up, and the other descending further into the depths. Kanna gulped as she peered down at the shadows, suspecting all sorts of dangers awaiting at the end. It would probably be more benign and beneficial to take the rising path, as if they could get onto the roof they’d at least have a better bearing on their surroundings. …But, of course, her comrades weren’t considering the practicality of either course of action for survival, instead focused on what would produce the most excitement. And the unknown darkness certainly seemed most inviting, beckoning with promises of adventure – and possibly treasure.

Before Kanna could even suggest otherwise, the two already began traversing the steps into the underworld, heedless to any potential peril. Kanna swallowed as she swiftly chased after them, not wanting to be left behind despite a multitude of misgivings.

“W-wait for me, guys!”

She squeaked as she tugged on Kief’s tail, who slowed down enough for her to travel next to him. Though she was still apprehensive, the heat of his elongated body beside hers helped her feel secure, and the glint of her necklace seemed to guide the way even in the lack of light. She leaned against him as they walked, comforted by his warm coat and confidence – but at the same time still hoping they weren’t about to be eaten by a grue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola, post: 7096097, member: 3396
As they descended deeper and deeper into foreboding darkness, Kanna grew increasingly anxious from the seeming lack of any finish to the flight, paws padding nervously on each cold and clammy step as she wrinkled her nose from the overwhelming stench. To make matters even more difficult, Yufi kept daring to charge heedlessly ahead despite Kanna's calls to stay close.

"Yufi, don't go too far! Stay where I can see you!"

"Don't worry, Mama! Look, it's okay~"


...She said, just as her foot slipped onto a slightly raised tile, as once again all three heard a *click* from sort of switch being activated. A glint in the shadows alerted Kief, who immediately dove to grab the oblivious Zigzagoon by the scruff and avoid a hail of arrows abruptly raining down through the hallway. Kanna shrieked as she scurried after them, in her panic pressing another plate that sent sharp blades swinging side to side in her path. With her wiry frame she managed to dodge fairly easily, but was still shaken as she stumbled dizzily next to Kief, nearly collapsing onto him for support. He set his bundle down briefly in order to attend to the frightened Furret, as Yufi wagged her tail, hopping up and down in excitement over the thrilling experience.

"Whee! That was fun~"

Of course, as soon as she exclaimed this, her bum landed on another button - as all of a sudden torches illuminated above, extending all the way forward and back the way they came. While at first Kanna was relieved to finally have some light to guide by (besides the humble brightness of her necklace), the Furret froze as she heard a dull thump from behind, like the heavy weight of stone contacting concrete. Sisyphus must have been slacking, as all three turned to the sound and saw an enormous sphere slowly starting to roll towards them, swiftly picking up speed and fury as it slanted steeper down the slope.

Kanna squeaked in terror as Kief once more snatched up Yufi, and the trio began racing for their dear lives down the incline, adrenaline fueling acrobatics as they danced nimbly between more darts and other dangers, narrowly escaping each shish kabob attempt. Still, if they weren't sliced to striped sashimi bits, they'd be flattened brown pancakes soon enough as their energy levels were fading fast from fleeing nonstop.

Just then, a beam of salvation blinked ahead, and Kief barked as he put on an extra burst of EXTREME SPEED, dragging the exhausted Kanna after him as he tucked his body protectively around his partners, the three forming a fuzzy ball as they bounced down the last few feet of stairs and into a lit chamber. There was a loud crash following them as the pursuant globe lodged itself in the doorway; having failed to make flapjacks, it thus chose to entomb rather than consume its prey by preventing a return path.

Yufi popped her head out first from the pile, once again grinning in exhilaration.

"That was so cool! Can we go again? Please?"

As Kief gently disentangled himself from a quivering Kanna, whose fur was still standing on end as she mumbled to herself in a daze, he scratched and shook his head.

"I think Mama needs a rest for now."

"Aw..."


While they waited patiently for the Furret to recover her wits, the Linoone and Zigzagoon began to look around their current surroundings (investigating intently for signs of anything sparkly or shiny). There appeared to be three other outlets linked by bridges, so they weren't completely confined at least. Curiously, the corners of the room seemed to each contain a differently colored alcove, and in the center stood a pedestal which displayed a pearl-like orb with grey patches; clearly meant to tantalize any would-be treasure hunters despite its dreary appearance. Mesmerized by the monochrome marble, Yufi was about to eagerly approach when the Furret suddenly snapped out of her funk, maternal instinct outweighing her horror to take over instead.

"Hold it, young lady. You're not going anywhere near that thing until Kief and I have properly checked for traps this time."

Yufi's ears drooped as she pouted, but obediently waited by the obstructed entrance as Kief and Kanna crept forward cautiously, exploring every inch of the area to scope out its safety; the former using his ODOR SLEUTH to sniff out any potential perils as the latter simultaneously scanned with intense FORESIGHT.

Update 4
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liltwick, post: 7113909, member: 83117
Yuki-

Kanna, untrusting of the stone, went to go investigate it with Keif. With the whirlwind of traps that the other two triggered on the way down here, she didn't want to take any further risks. Yufi looked dejected, but she did what she was told and stayed put. Looking back, Kanna could see her daughter was highly fidgety, but at this point, it was the safest thing to do.

Looking at the stone, Kanna stared intently at it as she used her Foresight. Keif, on the other hand, raised himself onto his hind legs and began furiously sniffing the stone. Kief's nose scrunches up, the scent of the stone was offputting. While he recoils, Kanna notices a faint, white glow to the stone. It seemed similar to a ghost Pokemon, but not exactly? Kanna and Kief looked at each other, nodding as they had both reached the same conclusion.

The two of them carefully go back to Yufi, determining that the stone was harmless. With excitement in her eyes, the young Zigzagoon runs up to the stone to go and touch it. And that triggers the trap. The entire room starts to shake as the three exits close. The entire room goes dark, and the white stone begins to float a little bit.

"WHO DARES DISTURB MY SLUMBER?" A loud voice booms throughout the room. Scared and confused, the group huddles together as they stare at the stone.

"I see, lost travelers," it states as it descends back onto the pedestal.

At this point, Kanna and Kief could see more ghostly energy pour into the stone until a faint facsimile of a Corsola appeared over it. Was it a ghost of the coral Pokemon, its body being used as a protector? Or did it hold more significant value to the temple? Whatever it was, it didn't seem like it wanted to hurt the three of you.

"Travelers, I will give you three trials. My soul is weak and fading, for being confined as this place's protector for so long. These three trials will revitalize my soul, and free me from this prison. Each of these doors leads to a trial that only one of you may do. You three will need to do this concurrently to pass. This is to test the harmony of your familial bonds. I will reward your generously, of course," the Corsola spirit states.

Kanna could tell that it was hurting the entire time it was talking with the group as if it truly needed to be saved. Though, before any questions could be asked, the spirit leaves the stone and it goes silent once more. The doors reopen. With no information about the trials ahead, the group needed to decide who would go to which door.

What do you do?


Reply 4
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola, post: 7131145, member: 3396
As Kief and Kanna cautiously approached the centerpiece, the former lifted himself on his hind legs in order to sniff feverishly all over, snout wrinkling as a rather repellant odor filled his nostrils. Whilst he withdrew, Kanna squinted closely at the stone, seeming to notice a faint film of white enveloping like an embryo sac. There was something ethereal about the skeletal substance, slightly translucent and dream-like... Still, there didn't seem to be anything overtly dangerous about the ovoid object, so she nodded to her partner and the two returned to their increasingly impatient daughter waiting by the entrance, who was already bouncing around restlessly in anticipation of her mother and father's findings.

Upon hearing the good news that the rock appeared relatively harmless and being granted permission to go forth and investigate herself, Yufi eagerly bounded forward to try and touch the temptation. ...As soon as she made contact with the outer casing though, another trap triggered as tremors traveled out from the epicenter, causing the entire chamber to quake violently as the three other open doorways slammed shut all of a sudden. Lights dimmed as the orb began to rise slowly, burning bright like a bulb as it now offered the only source of illumination amidst total darkness.

"WHO DARES DISTURB MY SLUMBER?"

A deafening roar filled the room as the frightened family huddled together, gaping wide-eyed at the shiny glowing sphere hovering above their heads; terrified they had somehow invoked the wrath of the moon goddess herself, complete with dark craters and patches. Marred by maria.

"I see, lost travelers," the marble murmured more softly as it gently declined back onto its resting, taking on the soothing tone of a planetarium's narrator instead. Like a spinning celestial lamp, the globe's crust began to crack, starry points peeking out from the shell as they hatched into luminous beams, extending out and forming crystalline branches. A tired pair of pale pink eyes blinked open, dead and soulless sockets gazing wearily at the three confused critters before it.

"Travelers, I will give you three trials. My soul is weak and fading, for being confined as this place's protector for so long. These three trials will revitalize my soul, and free me from this prison. Each of these doors leads to a trial that only one of you may do. You three will need to do this concurrently to pass. This is to test the harmony of your familial bonds. I will reward you generously, of course."

Kanna sensed a great pain in the spirit's words as it spoke, fortunately with no hint of hostility either. Rather, it seemed desperate for its soul to be saved, though the animated image faded before they could ask any further questions, once again leaving nothing but a cold and lifeless boulder. Its structure had evoked familiarity though, rather resembling another favored member of their trainer's team... What could've happened to the poor creature for it to end up trapped here for all eternity, even in the afterlife?

"Mama, the stone sounded really sad... We should try to help it..."

Yufi looked pleadingly up at her parents, who glanced at one another before regarding the doors with a mix of wonder and concern. As much as they would like to assist, the idea of splitting up sounded like a dangerous idea, especially when they had no idea what kind of "trials" awaited them... Still, they all agreed they couldn't stay here at least if they wanted to find a way back to Jess - lest they ultimately become prisoners of the temple themselves. After a long period of heavy consulting, during which Kanna warned Yufi repeatedly not to take any unnecessary risks whilst alone, the trio finally decided on which way to go. Giving one last heartfelt group hug (wherein Kanna squeezed the Zigzagoon so tight almost to the point she couldn't breathe), the group promised to stay safe and meet up together again, as Kief went to the left, Kanna to the right, and Yufi to the remaining final corridor...


Update 5
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liltwick, post: 7136485, member: 83117
Yuki-
With the three choices made for who goes to which tunnel, the family breaks apart to take their challenges. Kanna looks down her corridor and noticed multiple levels of what seemed like a maze. Walking in, she notices a ladder in front of her. Going up it, she sees a new floor and notices a hole in the ground. Going down that, she feels herself slide down into the next floor.

She makes her way through the maze, going up another ladder. She notices the path leads into a left-hand corridor. Walking down that path, she ends up at another shute, she slides down. The next room has another shute, and she goes into the lowest floor of the maze. At this rate, she notices three options within the room. There was a ladder towards the left, a corridor straight ahead, and a right-hand corridor. The entire maze seemed disorienting. Up and down, down and up. It made her feel sick to her stomach. At least this gave her a chance to rest. Though, she needed to choose what path she'll take next.

--

Keif, knowing his family will be fine, runs down into his corridor. He noticed high walls, which seems to contain a maze of some kind. He runs straight into it and heads down a straight path. As he's running, he begins to ramp up more and more speed. The path seems endless until he reaches the other side. That didn't seem like a maze at all. In front of him was a door with three slots within it. It was obvious he needed the key, but where could he find one? The so-called maze seemed to be a straight path.

He then looks behind him and notices that the entire maze looked different. There were multiple corners that he hadn't even noticed. Turns going off the straight path, and multiple corridors that he couldn't see. The key seemed to be within this place somewhere. But where? The obvious options were a left path and a right path immediately at this side of the maze. He could go straight into the middle path again and hope he could slow down enough to find another path. What does he do?

--

Yuffie, excited that she gets to be by herself, runs off into her own maze. She notices corners after corners, but her unique running style seems perfect for it. Until the path slopes down, and she starts to bounce off of the corners before she crashed into a wall. She yelps in pain, realizing that being too fast could potentially be dangerous in this maze.

Taking her approach more slowly, she manages to get to a crossroads. Each path in front of her had a different kind of curvature to it. The path directly in front of her continued to be the zig-zag corner pattern. To her left the walls were wavy, and she could hear the sound of ocean waves coming from it. Was this maze partially sunken? To her right the maze was straight, and she could see a bright light coming from it. Was that a way out? She didn't know. Which way to go was her choice though.

What do they all do?

Reply 5
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola, post: 7159296, member: 3396
With directions settled and determined countenances, the three set off on their respective routes. Kanna gulped as she peered cautiously through the right corridor, finding herself greeted with what appeared to be a multi-layered maze. A ladder positioned prominently before her beckoned, and with no other obvious option she obliged to climb. Reaching the top, there was nothing but a small hole awaiting, just the right size for her wiry frame to slip through. She swallowed in hesitation, bracing herself as she gently lowered into the burrow, sliding on her belly towards the unknown and landing with a soft plop at the bottom. Though the ride was a bit smoother than her previous adrenaline-fueled descent downstairs, she still wasn't keen on any further such steep falls. ...Unfortunately, as she progressed through the paths, it seemed like the whole catacomb was comprised of chutes and ladders, like some kind of disorienting roller coaster. Stomach squirming, she took a moment to curl up and rest, letting her senses settle as she considered her next move. Having landed on what she presumed was now the lowest floor, two hallways headed forward and to the right, with yet another ladder leaning to the left. She immediately dismissed the latter, having had quite enough of rising motion sickness for the time being. That left the two remaining passages... Though still somewhat woozy and weary, she gradually unraveled with a heavy sigh after recovering some stamina and picked the rightmost pathway, praying her family was having an easier time than her...

-

Kief, confident in his and his family's navigation abilities, quickly raced down his course at full speed, which turned out to be a completely straight shot. After what felt like an excessively long period of running though, it seemed as if there was no end in sight... Until at last, he encountered a barricade with a single door, bearing no markings aside from three slots in the center. It appeared a key of some kind was required, but where to find one? With no other clues, he revolved back around and blinked at how the entire labyrinth seemed to have shifted, with several branching trails he hadn't noticed before. Confused, he decided to comb through the entire length of the middle lane once more, this time utilizing his ODOR SLEUTH in an attempt to sniff out which of the connecting conduits might contain treasure a hidden key, or perhaps at least some yummy food to satisfy his tummy...

-

Enthused at the prospect of venturing out on her own, Yufi bounded blissfully forth and sailed through her section with ease, which seemed perfectly suited to her unique movement style. ...That is, until the track began to slope downwards, causing her to trip and stumble, bouncing off the sharp corners before crashing directly into a barrier. Wincing in pain, she picked herself up and decided to follow her mother's advice after all to proceed more carefully, glad her parents weren't there at least to see such concerns embarrassingly proven right.

Slowly, she approached a crossroads up ahead, forking to the front and on both sides. The avenue forward seemed to maintain a zigzag pattern, while to the left the walls were shaped like ocean waves, the sound of which she could hear coming from that vicinity. Could part of the structure be submerged underwater? Considering her recent seafaring experience with battling Mother Nature for survival, she wasn't really eager to test out the theory. Instead, she turned to the final choice: A bright light emanating from the right, easily visible through a seemingly straight, simple channel. Twinkling in invite, she excitedly advanced towards the brightness, optimistic that it was a signal showing the way to freedom...

Update 6
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liltwick, post: 7160152, member: 83117
Yuki-

Kanna makes her way through the rightmost pathway and continues to work through a few winding corridors. She continues for what feels like forever as the path continues to move forward. It was strange, not seeing anything in terms of heading back up. After who knows how long, she hits a dead-end in the maze. All of that walking, for nothing. Looking around, it seems that her only option now was to head back and take one of the alternative routes.

---

Kief makes his way down the central hallway once again, using his Odor Sleuth to try and pick something up. He smells nothing but the dusty old walls as he makes his way down, before feeling a powerful scent enter his nostrils. Stopping, his nose takes him to the right and he enters a small corridor. At the end of it, he could see what looked like the key. Though, it didn't look easy. He saw three crates stacked up gently at the entrance of the corridor. Examining it forward, there were a few holes in the floor that'd prevent him from moving forward. Looked like he'd need to figure out a way to move the crates into the holes without breaking them.

---

Yufi heads towards the bright light, and enters a chamber filled with treasures! Looking at it, it seems this place was meant to house the treasures of the monks in the temple. Though, on a closer look, the treasures were boring old things like clothing and bowls. Nothing here was actually interesting, well, besides what seemed to be a lit lantern in the middle of the room. Was this making the glow? Well, if that was it, it would certainly help navigate the labyrinth.

What do they do?

Reply 6
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola, post: 7167456, member: 3396
As Kanna navigated her way through the extensive winding corridors, doubts began to plague her mind as to whether she was really headed in the right direction. More than that, she worried how her family was faring. Kief could surely take care of himself, but what about Yufi? Was she safe, all alone without any guidance? What if there were more traps lying in wait - or even enemies lurking within the shadows? Her tail twitched fretfully to and fro with increasing anxiety - to the point she didn't even notice a dead-end planted right before her until she bumped straight into the wall. Grimacing and rubbing her snout, she sighed as she examined the surroundings and came to the unfortunate conclusion there was no further path to progress from here. Reluctantly, she made a U-TURN right back the way she came, returning to the fork before deciding to try the straight passage instead in hopes it would finally lead to freedom, and her family...

-

Meanwhile, Kief was conscientiously backtracking along his own route, keeping his nose close to the ground as he sniffed furiously in search of some kind of clue. For the most part, only the musty odor of dust filled his nostrils - inciting him to sneeze violently once or twice in order to clear the irritated canals. As he inhaled deeply following another coughing fit, this time a strange new scent floated faintly by, tickling his heightened senses. His ears perked as he picked up on the unfamiliar fragrance, tracing it to the source as it grew steadily stronger. The trail took him down a small adjoining hallway - so narrow he had missed its existence entirely before - at the end of which he could spot what seemed to be the prized key he sought. While his younger self would've barked in excitement and immediately bounded forth without heeding any danger, an image of Kanna's concerned expression suddenly crossed his mind, and he glimpsed down to realize there were a few gaping holes in the floor to prevent ease of crossing. The tight fit meant he couldn't just walk around the pitfalls, so he'd have to find some other way to circumvent them. Casting about, he noticed three large crates conveniently stacked nearby, clearly meant to be used to construct a makeshift bridge. Being not particularly well equipped to handle lifting heavy boxes (let alone how to even get the top two cartons down by themselves without breaking), he pondered for a bit before coming up with a brilliant(?) idea: Using an ICE BEAM to coat the hall and sliding the containers across altogether as a group (balancing carefully so as not to cause the tower to collapse), then applying MUD SHOT to the bottom when approaching a breach to slow each successive base down and cushion the fall.

-

Pursuing the brightness, Yufi soon found herself stumbling into a secret room stuffed full with treasures - at first glance, anyway. As she eagerly investigated the relics, her enthusiasm over hitting the jackpot deflated as the appraisal only yielded boring items such as some inexpensive earthenware and drab, simple clothing befitting a monk's lifestyle. Everything was obviously lacking extravagance, utterly unadorned in keeping with an ascetic's aesthetic. As she put down yet another plain piece of pottery in disappointment, her eye was caught by the chamber's centerpiece: a softly glowing lantern, which emitted welcome warmth and comfort amidst the dampened cold. Figuring it would help to at least dispel darkness as she made her way through the maze, she marched boldly forth to grab the lamp (not even questioning who could've bothered to light it after supposed "abandonment" so long underground).


Update 7
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liltwick, post: 7167601, member: 83117
Yuki-

Making her way back, Kanna heads down the straight corridor. The path here was a lot more interesting than the previous one. Strange pictures adorned the walls as if it was telling a story. She saw various monks and what seemed like a ritual to seal away what looked like a demon. They sealed it away in a vessel of stone, its spirit scattered around the temple. But, it also spoke of a young girl who sacrificed herself to act as a seal to the demon.

At the end of the corridor was a lamp, alight with a bright green flame. It sat atop a pedestal with a small inscription. In unown letters, it stated, "Bring the lamps and key to the seal." With that information, it seemed safe enough to take the lamp.

--

Using his wits, Kief freezes the corridor down with an Ice Beam, allowing him to easily slide the crates. Pushing them forwards, he softens the blow to them with mud shots, allowing them to nice and firm in the holes he needed to cross. With his path forwards, he heads towards the key. Standing in front of it, he notices that it's only big enough to cover one of the other holes. Guess there were more hidden around this maze that he'd need to find.

--

Yufi rashly jumps ahead and grabs the lamp. As she does, the room shakes and the door behind her seals shut. She starts to hear the sound of water as if the waves were rising. Looking around, she could see small holes in the walls. Did she have to figure out a way to escape? Before she could think, she heard a voice in her head.

"Prove your worth."

Suddenly, a dark shadow appears before her, taking her form. Did she have to defeat this shadow to escape from here? It looked like she had no choice but to fight.

What do they do?


Reply 7
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola, post: 7167999, member: 3396
As Kanna made her way through the straight corridor this time, she found herself accompanied by what seemed to be a scrolling story along the walls, adorned by ancient murals depicting the temple monks performing some sort of ritual. Though faded and worn with age, the fresco's paint was still just fresh enough to make out details such as the subject of the ceremony: what could only be described as a foul demon, dark and foreboding. The evil spirit was apparently sealed within a stone vessel, its soul scattered by the sages in several pieces throughout the shrine. Of note was another small figure contrasting the shadow: a young girl bathed in holy light, acting as a sacrifice to keep the beast at bay. The chiaroscuro effect was chilling, and Kanna shrank in reverent fear as she passed beneath the devil's design, almost afraid it would come to life and leap out at her.

When she reached the end of the hall, she was greeted by the sight of a peculiar green lantern sitting atop a pedestal, as if burning with the color of envy. Inscribed on a placard below were symbols she recognized resembled the Unown species, but given her lack of association with the human alphabet she still could not comprehend their arrangement. Still, the setting seemed relatively safe enough, and the light brightened in invitation to her approach. Entranced by the flickering emerald flame, and seeing as there were no other signs to steer her so far, she wondered if perhaps this was meant to help guide her to the goal. Taking a deep breath and bracing for whatever might result in case this was indeed a trap, she gingerly reached forward to take the lamp

-

Kief quickly got to work coating the floor with frost, gently pushing the packages forth with much greater ease. Taking care not to slip or stumble so as to keep the cartons from capsizing, he slowly neared the first hollow and stopped to smear some viscous mud in the basin as well as along the bottom box, before cautiously nudging it into the cavity. It dropped without much difficulty, the sticky substance helping to steady its descent whilst also cementing firmly in place, fitting snug and secure in the square. Kief continued on with alternating snow and sludge, the task growing progressively simpler as he deposited each load one by one. Eventually he made it to the other end, where the key lay tantalizingly within reach. Examining it up close though, it clearly could only cover one of the slots seen on the previous door. Looks like he'd have to keep searching for the others. Sighing, he extended out to collect the prize before heading back to continue exploring

-

As soon as Yufi touched the target, the chamber once again began to tremble and the entry (expectedly) slammed shut. Her ears perked to the sound of rushing water, as if the ocean waves were rising all around her. A claustrophobic sense of dread began to creep up as she recalled the terrifying experience of being submerged in the sea, and she swiftly scanned about for an escape. Her suspicions were only confirmed when she realized the surrounding sides contained tiny gaps reminiscent of a sieve, intended to gradually fill the room with liquid death and drown the poor victim caught within. Before she could even begin to process the situation enough to start panicking, an ominous voice suddenly resounded in her mind:

"Prove your worth."

She blinked as her own shadow cast by the lamplight seemed to expand and transform, swelling up to the same height whilst still reflecting her image. A mirrored pair of eyes peered forth, glowing eerily like sinister rubies amidst smoke. ...Rather than cower at the creepy clone however, a look of relief crossed Yufi's face as she raced towards the stranger(?), wagging her tail with thankful excitement to see she wasn't alone in this endeavor.

"Hey! Are you stuck here too? Looks like we gotta find a way out of here fast... Come on, let's work together!"

Not at all disturbed by the daunting duplicate, she grinned with purely innocent CHARM as she obliviously batted her BABY-DOLL EYES, holding out a hopeful HELPING HAND towards the doppelganger as a prospective peace offering...

Update 8
Spoiler: show

lilblue-

Kanna reaches forwards and takes the lamp, and feels the entire corridor start to shake. The pedestal was on begins to sink into the floor, and she could hear some sort of machine start to activate. Looking around, a grate appears behind her, trapping her in the room. She sees two clay orbs drop down from the ceiling, and then unfurl to see two Baltoy before her. They seem to be the guardians of the lantern and are ready to fight for it. What does she do?

---

Kief, grabbing the key, feels the entire labyrinth he was in have its walls collapse down. Looking around, he saw a pedestal with a green lantern rise within the center of the now once gone maze. Looking around, there seemed to be nothing besides that and the door. Well, this was obviously trapped, but he could feel a pull coming from the lamp. Whatever this lamp was, he could sense he needed it to continue.

---

Yufi tries to play nice with her doppelganger, but the shadow is having none of it. Her charming words and baby-doll eyes massive lowering the opposing Zigagoon's attack. It doesn't really care, standing there unspeaking while it watches her. She then extends a helping hand as a peace offering, but that turns out to be her first mistake.

The shadow Yufi lets out a massive Hyper Voice, its distorted voice piercing through the normal one's ears. She then goes in and tickles the Zigzagoon senseless, lowering some stats and making it so she is buzzed a little bit. Lastly, she lets out a Swift, the stars crashing into the normal type. This wasn't going to be an easy battle.

What do they do?

Reply 8
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola, post: 7180639, member: 3396
The moment Kanna touched the lamp, the entire corridor once again began to shake, and the pedestal which her prize previously occupied started to sink. As the dais descended into the earth, Kanna could simultaneously hear some sort of mechanism activate behind her, and whirled around in horror to witness a gate slam down, trapping her at the end of the hall. A pair of brown balls suddenly dropped down from the ceiling, seemingly composed of clay. The ceramic spheres unraveled to reveal two toy-like Pokémon, crudely carved yet clearly resembling a child's spinning top. Their stone-faced expressions were anything but playful though, staring menacingly at the trespasser through sealed slits, unblinking and unnerving. Their attention was fully focused on the stolen article in her paws, evidently prepared to fulfill their roles as acting guardians to fight for the artifact.

Kanna gulped as her first instinct was to immediately Run Away, in her panic performing a U-TURN and bouncing off one of the Baltoy as a buoy. However, not even her innate ability for escape could get her out of this predicament, as she simply bumped straight into the waiting grate. She scrabbled and scratched desperately at the obstacle, searching for any weak faults or avenue she could fit through, but the barrier refused to budge. Meekly, she turned around and tremblingly held out the trophy with her head bowed in terrified deference, hoping the porcelain protectors would accept the item in return as a peace offering (and subsequently let her go without tearing her to shreds).

"I- I'm so sorry. Please forgive me. I promise I won't do it again!" She babbled senselessly in her flustered state. "H- here, you can have it back now."

The frightened Furret groveled pitifully as she placed the penance on the ground and backed away slowly, before COILing up into a CURLed position of DEFENSE in the corner as she cried softly and continued to mumble apologies, whole body quaking with petrified dread whilst trying not to make direct eye contact with the suspicious sentinels.

-

Upon collecting the key, Kief sensed his surroundings start to shift all of a sudden, as the walls themselves seemed to fold and collapse, flattening into the floor until there was nothing left but an empty expanse between him and the doorway, aside from a platform risen in the center. Atop the podium a green light glowed, luring the Linoone to approach. Curious but cautious, he sniffed the strange object all over, which obviously looked important somehow. While he couldn't discern anything outwardly dangerous, he had a feeling there must be some sort of trick associated with it. Still, he figured he needed such a blatantly indicated MacGuffin in order to make progress, and so reached out for the required relic, bracing for whatever booby trap may be triggered as a result...

-

Yufi's shadow merely stood silently as she attempted to sweet-talk it into joining her cause, remaining so still and motionless to the point she waved her extended paw in front of its red, dead gaze in an effort to entice a reaction. ...It succeeded - but not in the way she had hoped, for at that moment the emulation opened its maw wide, exposing even deeper darkness as it emitted a high-pitched shriek like a banshee, so shrill and strident it nearly damaged poor Yufi's sensitive hearing. The raccoon winced whilst raising her paws to her ears in order to block out the deafening din, as she elevated her own HYPER VOICE to try and compete:

"HEY, WHY ARE WE SHOUTING?"

She yelled in genuine confusion over the noise, which instantly ceased as the first source of the screaming abruptly leapt on her, tickling relentlessly. The raccoon giggled and squirmed as her replica pinpointed all her most vulnerable spots, teasing until the target was practically tipsy from laughter, gasping for air as she frantically tried to twist free. Her foe then followed up by firing a number of sharp ninja stars at her skin, causing Yufi to yelp in surprise and pain as the small sparks sliced through fur.

"Hey, that hurt!" she whimpered, frowning in frustration as she struggled to make sense of the stranger's actions. "C'mon, now's not the time to playing around." She took on an annoyed tone as she shoved the bully back with a TACKLE, HEADBUTTing a bit more roughly to try and get it to stop so they can concentrate on the more urgent task at hand.


Update 9
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liltwick, post: 7183252, member: 83117
Yuki-

Figuring out that she had no way of escape, Kanna curled up into a ball. She pleaded with the two Baltoy, saying she'll return the lantern if they'd let her go. Things weren't all that simple, and the Baltoy just floated there. They were watching, waiting. Escape wasn't a possibility, so what exactly were they trying to get out of this?

This was supposed to be a test, and the words of the chained spirit echoed in Kanna's mind. In order to free it, she'd need to pass her trial. Was this too part of her own trial? She had to figure that out, or she'd never escape this room.

---

Heading towards the pretty obvious trap, Kief headed towards the pedestal and grabbed the lantern. The room shook, and the platform once again shifted. Kief could feel himself being lifted as the floor below him rose towards the ceiling. He could see that other parts of the floor were now missing, a pure void awaiting him if he fell off. He heard the flapping of wings and could see a Sigilyph descent from the ceiling. Seemed he needed to fight the guardian of this lantern.

---

Yufi, realizing her shadow self wasn't playing around, retaliates from the vocal moves with more physical ones. She tackles into her doppelganger and then proceeds with a direct headbutt. Her dark version flies through the room before landing perfectly. It stood completely still, its eyes of pure darkness reflecting Yufi's being.

"Flesruoy tpecca ot deen uo. Yawa nur ot gniyrt pots. Nword ot si etaf ylno, ton fi," the shadow screeches out, its voice completely distorted and maddening to Yufi's ears. It sounded like her's but completely distorted beyond proper comprehension.

As its words finished, the water levels in the room began to rapidly rise. She needed to figure something out, now.

What do they do?


Reply 9
Spoiler: show

Despite Kanna's pitiful crying and pleading, the Baltoy merely blinked blankly at the curled ball of fetal fur cowering in the corner, making no move towards either the lantern or to eat/free her. ...Eventually, she unwound slightly just enough to fearfully peek at the waiting "predators", as the words from the chained spirit echoed through her mind - combined with the images she witnessed on the walls on the way here. Could the sacrificial maiden's soul be the one trapped here for eternity, and the only way to save her was to pass this "trial"? The palpable pain heard in the presence's sad speech pressed on Kanna's conscience once again as she carefully processed the weight of this information, recalling Yufi's worried expression as she begged to help rescue the poor rock from its sedentary station. Whether it was indeed the ghost of the girl in the stone or not, her heart ached beyond for just its sake - as it seemed the only way she would be allowed to see her own family again would be to take some sort of action instead of just sitting here feeling sorry for herself.

The Furret bit her lip as she took a deep breath and unfurled fully, facing her foes with fresh determination. Though still somewhat afraid, focusing on her familial bonds helped fill her with enough confidence to further fortify her DEFENSIVE status by summoning a SHIELD around herself in anticipation of the coming combat, as it appeared a clash was inevitable at this point.

"If I beat you, then you'll let me go, right? Fine then, if that's what it takes..."

Steeling her trembling nerves, she tentatively started by testing the WATER with a PULSE of aquatic energy towards the top she didn't (accidentally) kick earlier, planning to then SURF the small wave to strike both simultaneously. (Meanwhile, she was unaware her daughter was about to do the same, but with a much larger body of liquid...)

-

As predicted, the moment Kief touched the MacGuffin, the entire pedestal began to move with him on it, ascending up towards the heavens. He held on tight to the platform as its altitude quickened to a great height, fortunately stopping just short of the ceiling so he wasn't squashed. However, after unflattening his pancaked form and peering cautiously over the edge, he saw only an endless void awaiting should he make a single misstep. Swallowing, his ears perked to the flutter of feathers in darkness as a colorful winged creature descended from above, three circular blue eyes staring out from stripes of black as it swooped ominously overhead. The orbs rotated unnervingly in their sockets before converging on the lamp, clearly fixated on protecting the prize from potential thieves. Considering the flame's handle was currently clamped firmly in the Linoone's jaws and there was nowhere to run, it didn't seem like he'd be getting out of this predicament easily without first subduing the sentinel somehow.

Like a true trained crook treasure hunter, Kief quickly assessed the situation and his opponent, calculating his options. The arena's limited size didn't leave the Linoone much room to operate, let alone make use of the new movement capabilities his species was famed for. Straight speed certainly wasn't the answer here, as it'd only send him plummeting to his doom. On top of that, his adversary obviously had an unfair aerial advantage, making him practically a sitting Ducklett to any oncoming attacks. Also, while his trainer unfortunately wasn't around to help provide information on the enemy's stats via her strange blue-and-white pocket device, he had a suspicion such a bizarre being may also be carrying some surprise nasty tricks up its "sleeve". So, in typical Team Pocket fashion - but also out of sheer curiosity - his initial instinct was to steal SWAP abilities with the bird-beast to find out just what sort of SKILL it possessed.

Next, his plan was to make himself appear as miniscule as possible to avoid damage, as any direct hit could easily knock him over to his doom. Taunting with the fabled catchphrase CAN'T CATCH ME, he suddenly transformed into a tiny cookie version of himself like a fairy tale. With a grin, he then fired off "frosting" in an ICY WIND to try and slow down the feathered fiend further, so that they would be more evenly matched in terms of maneuverability.

-

As Yufi retaliated in revenge for the tickle/electro-torture, her aggressor received the strike with surprisingly little resistance, simply landing smoothly in a backflip across the room. For a moment, it stood completely still - before unleashing another shrill mix of garbled noises, causing Yufi to wince as she covered her ears again.

"I still don't get what you're saying..." She frowned in frustration, utterly unable to decode the distorted message despite sounding vaguely like her own voice. "But if you're not going to help, then quit trying to distract me."

Whilst she said this, the water levels were still rapidly rising within the chamber, and so was her panicked sense of dread as her priority shifted back to getting the heck out of here. The steady stream had pooled to a dangerous point where her short stature now had to paddle lightly to stay afloat, and right now she had bigger concerns than trying to deal with some dumb stubborn shadow who couldn't take a hint - like, not drowning. Thus, an idea occurred to her as she started swimming in circles, hoping to trap the shade in a WHIRLPOOL and SURF over it to SMASH through the ROCK wall herself if she had to.


Update 10
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liltwick, post: 7219188, member: 83117
lilbluecorsola-

The Baltoy were ever staring, ever watching. Kanna's anxieties grew to a peak before realizing that they weren't going to immediately eat her. There was really only one way out of this predicament, and that was to fight. Creating a Defensive Shield around herself, Kanna shot a Water Pulse at one of the Baltoy before flooding the entire area with a Surf. The Baltoy just completely got washed away, and fall to the ground unmoving. All of that worrying over two trash mobs? The grate falls behind her, and her way back was opened. If this was that easy, then what truly awaited her here?

---

Quick on his feet, Kief immediately Skill Swaps with the Sigilyph. As the two abilities are traded, he gains the ability of Magic Guard. Well, immunity to all forms of non-direct damage was a nice bonus. With that done, he immediately shrinks into the size of a small cookie, enticing the Sigilyph to come and dine on him.

The weird ancient bird-like creature indeed descends to feast on the cookie Kief. It sends out blades of air, the Air Cutter trying to cut through the small cookie. However, the attack manages to miss due to his smaller size, and Kief couldn't help but feel a giggle coming up his throat.

With his evasive maneuvers now done, he turns around and emits a frosty Icy Wind. The move washes over the seemingly gigantic Sigilyph, slowing down the Pokemon and lowering its speed. The Sigilyph then picks Kief up with a Psychic attack and throws him against the ground. He could feel his cookie self 'crack' a little bit, but nothing too much to worry about. This was starting to get fun!

---

Yufi, choosing to ignore the words of the shade, focuses on worrying about getting out of the room. If it was going to stand in her way, then she'll just have to get use it to break through the room. She uses a Whirpool attack to trap the Pokemon??? before ramming into it with a massive Surf attack. The water in the room moves violently as she does so, but the walls do not break. Thinking on her feet, she then uses Rock Smash, using the force of the water to try and break through the wall with the shade. She somehow manages to do so, and the shade disappears.

The water, however, doesn't start to drain out of the wall. Instead, it starts to drain out the center of the room. It turned into a giant whirlpool, and it was pulling things in. Before she could even react, an eldritch scream pierced her ears as she felt something grab her foot. Looking back, it was the shade looking at her with a nightmarish smile. Its face was starting to meltdown, with only one eye and a pure white, goopy smile staring into her.

"SSYBA EHT OTNI LLAF! LLAF! LLEH GNITSALREVE NA OTNI EM HTIW EMOC LLIW UOY. NWORD DNA ETAF ROUY TPECCA. SYAW RUOY EGAHC OT ESUFER UOY FI!" The creature shrieked as it began to drag Yufi into the whirlpool.

What do they do?



SpinyShell
Spoiler: show

Adventure Start
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinyShell, post: 7084540, member: 113106
Sil wandered down Fool’s Path, enjoying the sights of the strange new land she had just arrived in. Trailing a ways behind her was her partner Hailstone, an Alolan Sandshrew, who was darting between the dappled shade on the path, avoiding the glowing patches of sunlight that would quickly melt the ice off of his frozen back. The two passed various branches of the Fool’s Path, some clean cobblestone roads with signs indicating their destination, others dirt paths choked with shrubbery leading into the unknown. Sil stared down each and every one, lost in thought, feeling a sense of both nervousness and excitement slowly building up inside her.

She and Hailstone had come from Sinnoh to adventure in Fizzytopia in order to grow and strengthen themselves, landing first in the Arcane Realm after a long boat ride from Canalave City. An old woman in the port town they arrived in told the two about Fool’s Path, recommending that such budding youngins’ should travel it first as new trainers wander the route due to its many open roads and possibilities. Sil had hoped that--

“Squeak!”

She was jolted from her musings by the cry of Hailstone, who had dashed ahead of her while she was lost in thought. She looked down at the Alolan Sandshrew, who was staring intensely at her. Satisfied that he got her attention, he waited for a bit as she fast-walked up to him, but quickly grew impatient and darted ahead again. It seemed he was excited to explore this new place too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinyShell, post: 7084540, member: 113106


Update 1
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelphon5, post: 7091106, member: 117862
Following your partner, you continue to notice a variety of paths branching here and there broken up by a combination of trees, clearings filled with an abundance of wild pokemon, and other young trainers looking to improve their skills through the time-honored tradition of battle. But as you continue down the path before you Hailstone seems to begin slowing down, becoming less interested in the area and more confused than anything else, turning his head towards you and giving you a questioning glance before once again running off on his own.

Curious about his behavior, you start paying more attention to the areas you've been passing through, only to notice that they seem to be the same ones over and over again. You see the same trainers and pokemon repeating their actions each time you pass them by. Having tired from his hasty pace Hailstone opts to remain by your side as you two try to wrap your brains around the odd happenings of the area.

Strangely as you two travel together progress seems to be being made. The familiar sites you had been encountering stopped repeating. You finally reach bizarre crossroads of sorts with 2 different options laying before you: One appears to be a dusty path that fades as it goes off into the distance. You can giant mountain's peak jutting out on the horizon, and from the looks of it is a giant volcano. The other path is one that keeps along the cobblestone you've been walking on. You can see two landmarks on the horizon, one being a series of massive cathedral towers reaching for the sky. They are enshrouding a nearby hamlet, which according to the guide, is home to a series of master craftsmen under a variety of different crafts.

Reply 1
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinyShell, post: 7102853, member: 113106
As the two wandered along the road, they took note of the many different paths that branched off of the main cobblestone one, each one separated from the others by groves of trees or open spaces where wild Pokémon ran about and other budding trainers tested and honed their skills in battle. Sil entertained the notion of stopping and joining them, but ultimately decided against it when she noticed that Hailstone had slowed his brisk pace, squeaking quizzically and looking about nervously as he scanned his surroundings. It seemed that he was confused by… something, and he gave his trainer a puzzled glance before he darted ahead again.

Sil watched him run off, feeling a knot of worry in her stomach as she paid more heed to her surroundings to determine what was bothering the Sandshrew. As she looked around, Sil realized that the areas seemed to be similar, no, identical, to the ones previously passed. But it wasn’t as though the two were just looping around on a circular track. Like a tape on repeat, they saw the same trainers and Pokémon, performing the same actions they had done the last two... three... four times they had passed by. Something was clearly off here.

Having tired from his rapid pace, Hailstone returned to Sil’s side, staying protectively close to her as the two attempted to figure out what was going on. The two made careful note of every detail in each clearing, trying to see if anything had changed every time they passed by, but dimly realized that nothing was changing no matter how many times they went by.

However, bizarrely, even though the clearings appeared to be unchanged, the two did seem to make progress as the strange repeating areas faded away to an odd-looking crossroads. Two paths branched out from the fork, each one intriguing in their own way. One was a dusty dirt road that faded to a tall, snow speckled mountain with sloped sides that, rather than ending in a pointed peak, appeared to top off flatly like a volcano. The other path was a continuation of the cobblestone road that Sil and Hailstone were traveling on, leading to several large gothic cathedral towers that scraped the belly of the sky. Beneath the hill where the towers were was a small village where, as Sil vaguely recalled from the guide, expert craftsmen and magicians made their home.

Sil tapped her foot absently mindedly as she mulled over which direction to go. She was wary of continuing on the cobblestone path considering their recent troubles with it--she’d rather avoid getting into any more suspiciously magical hijinks--but taking an Ice/Steel type to a volcano may not be the best choice. Though, she did have a Rock/Water type on hand who could deal with more fiery monsters, and the volcano appeared to be snow-capped, which the Alolan Sandshrew would most definitely enjoy. But then again...

Sil turned to Hailstone to ask him what he thought about this fork in the road, only to find that he wasn’t at her feet anymore. Spinning around in a frantic circle, she spotted him racing down one of the two paths, his strength clearly back and his mind clearly made up.

With an exasperated sigh, she jogged after him,
coughing as she kicked up dust from the dirt road, the volcano looming ominously in the distance.

Update 2
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liltwick, post: 7156622, member: 83117
You head down the path towards the Chalice of Sun. You immediately notice that the area starts to warm up as you continue down the path. Despite the volcano being dormant for who knows how long, it still has left a last effect on the area.

Another thing besides the heat that you notice is that the area slowly becoming more and more sparse of vegetation. Compared to the grassy plains and sprawling hills you traversed on the path, this was arider. The Chalice filled your vision, and everything paled compared to the ever-looming mountain. It was all-knowing, all-consuming, and all enlightening.

After what felt like hours you finally see something on the horizon. At this point, it was dusk fall. The sky was vibrant pumpkin orange, with hazy violets and mute pinks melting into the horizon. You could start to see the beginnings of the brightest stars peek through the veil of the ozone, looking down on the Arcane Realm with all their glory. And this celestial waterwork painted your gaze to a small shack at the base of the mountain. A plume of smoke rose from the building, and you could smell burnt earth.

An Indeedee held a broom, sweeping away at the outside of the shop. You could tell by the shape of its horns it was a Male, and it looked that he was quite fussed with the work he had to do. He'd make large sweeps with the broom, look around quickly, and then use his psychic powers to disperse the piddling dust pile he just made. Why'd he started over the work he was so obviously annoyed with? Perfectionism would make sense, but from the behavior, you could see it was definitely being haphazardly done at best.

His head perked up as he heard you approach, and he quickly dropped the broom and ran inside. Was it worried you'd report its behavior if you caught it? You didn't know, but you could see the Pokemon poking its head out every so often to check if you were still there. You could always check it out, or move forwards.

What do you do?

Reply 2
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinyShell, post: 7182495, member: 113106
Soon, Sil’s and Hailstone’s backs were flecked with sweat and water-ice, the heat becoming increasingly intense. Despite its slumber, it seemed the volcano still burned beneath the earth, turning the surrounding area into an arid desert, the lush greenery of the Fool’s Path replaced with hardy shrubs and brown dried out weeds. Eventually, the plant life faded entirely, leaving only rocks, the burning sun, and the looming Chalice to rest the eyes on. It filled their vision, drowning out almost everything else as it stood like a sentinel on the horizon, keeping watch over the desolate area below.

They trudged through the land for hours, the bright blue sky slowly faded to a soothing canvas of pink and orange and navy freckled with glittering stars as dusk began to settle. Sil felt a twinge of unease settle in her stomach--she hadn’t planned for a night-long stay in the desert. However, before she could fret over it anymore, something on the horizon caught her attention--and broke the monotony--a small shack with a curl of smoke rising from its side, the scent of burnt earth filling the area.

At the front of the shack, which appeared to be a shop, was an Indeedee, his croissant-shaped horns pointing upward to the heavens. In his paws he held a broom, which he made wide, haphazard arcs with. However, to Sil’s and Hailstone’s surprise, he quickly undid all his effort with a wave of his paw and a flash of pink Psychic energy, scattering the dust he had just collected. Behavior expected of a perfectionist, but judging by the Indeedee’s annoyed expression and haphazard sweeps, that didn’t seem to be the case. And, when he saw the two approaching, he dropped the broom and darted inside. Occasionally, they could see his horned head peep out from the doorway, most likely checking to see if they were still there.

It was a strange situation, all around, and Sil still felt uneasy. But, at the same time, she was intrigued by what was going on. And, of course, she'd rather not spend the night out in the open if she could avoid it. With Alolan Sandshrew in tow, she made her way to the shack.


Update 3
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liltwick, post: 7183252, member: 83117
[color=plum]Heading into the building, you notice a small kiln immediately. It felt warm, and the smell of baking clay instantly hit your nose. Was this the reason the Indeedee seemed to stall out its work? You could see it watching you intently, standing close to the door to try and escape.

"Hello?" you hear an older voice state, and see an elderly man appear from behind a curtain.

"Ah, hello. It's rare we get visitors," he states with a weak smile. It was obvious he had been living a long life, with his smaller stature and wrinkly skin. His hands were clutching heavily to a cane, and they looked almost leathered.

"What do we owe the fine pleasure of your visit today?" He asks, sitting down at a small table and grabbing a tea kettle from underneath. The Indeedee heads over and grabs it, seeming happy to get out of the heated room. The old man just smiles at you to sit down and join him.

Before you could make your decision, the smell of tea began to permeate the room. There was a certain smell to it that was calming, but also cleansing. You couldn't even smell the clay anymore, just the sweet aroma of the tea. The Indeedee rushed back into the room and poured two cups, one for you and one for the old man. It then poured a cup of ice water for Hailstorm.

Once that was all done and over with, the Indeedee grabbed the broom and ran back outside. The old man didn't seem to mind the Pokemon's behavior and just smiled as he sipped the tea. Well, it would be rude to refuse his hospitality.

What do you do?


Reply 3
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinyShell, post: 7193109, member: 113106
The heat of the day was long gone, replaced with frigid cold. While Hailstone found the chill a welcome change from the sun’s unfriendly glare, Sil couldn’t help but shiver a little as the two of them walked to the shack. As they got closer, the scent of burnt earth grew stronger. Sil hesitated at the entrance, worried for a moment about barging in. However, the warmth and light that emanated from the hut was very inviting in contrast to the cold and dark of the outside. She’d rather not spend the night out in the open. And, she figured (and hoped), that anyone living out in such isolation would appreciate having visitors stop by.

Eager to get out of the cold, she stepped into the shack with Hailstone in toe. The first thing they noticed was the smell of baked clay, the scent so strong it was nearly overwhelming. Then they saw the small kiln tucked in one corner of the shack, no doubt the source of the aroma. Near the door was the Indeedee, watching them and the door, his eyes darting rapidly between both; perhaps the reason he was trying to stall his work was to get some fresh air.

“Hello?” a feeble, old voice called. An elderly man appeared from behind a silky curtain, his withered hands clinging to a twisted wooden cane and his back hunched.

He smiled weakly when he saw the two. "Ah, hello. It's rare we get visitors. What do we owe the fine pleasure of your visit today?" he said as he sat down at a small table and pulled a kettle from underneath. The Indeedee seemed eager to get out of the stuffy room, swiftly grabbing the kettle before disappearing into what Sil could only assume was the kitchen. The old man smiled, ignoring his partner’s behavior, and gestured at them to sit down.

Before she could even accept his offer, the smell of tea began to spread throughout the room, becoming even more overpowering than the scent of clay. The Indeedee appeared from the kitchen and hastily poured them two cups: tea for Sil and ice water for Hailstone.

Finished with his task, the house fairy grabbed his broom and rushed outside; the old man just smiled and sipped his tea, unfazed by his Pokémon’s behavior. Sil found it odd, but it was rude to pry into the matters between a person and their Pokémon partner. She pulled a chair out from the table and, relieved to rest after a long day of walking, graciously took his offer before pulling out a chair for Hailstone who hopped up beside her.

“If it gets too hot for you, it’s fine if you want to get some fresh air outside. Just don’t wander off” she said, giving Hailstone a pat on the head before turning to the old man.

“Thank you for your tea and kindness,” she said, Hailstone squeaking his thanks as well. “I’m Sil and this here is Hailstone.”

“We’re fairly new here to the Arcane Realm and Fizzytopia at large. We had decided to explore the Realm starting with the Fool’s Path however, we encountered an odd magical spell of sorts. As we walked, we noticed that we kept seeing the same scene over and over again; the same trainers, the same Pokémon, the same areas--and it couldn’t have just been us going in circles as the people and Pokémon we saw repeated the same exact action every time. Eventually, we came to a fork in the road leading to either the Magician’s Hamlet or the Chalice of the Sun. Before we could even discuss anything, Hailstone took off running towards the Chalice--perhaps he was a bit sick of anything to do with magic. At any rate, we walked for quite some time until it got dark and then we spotted your house and decided to stop by.”

“Sorry, that was a bit of a novel” she said, and waited for the old man’s response.


Update 4
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liltwick, post: 7193902, member: 83117

SpinyShell -

While Hailstone happily sits on his iced water, you explain to the old man that you're new here in the Arcane Realm. He listens as you tell him how your Alolan Sandshrew went down the path towards the Chalice. You add in that he most likely was getting tired of the latent magic in the air, and how you walked for hours before stumbling on the hut. The old man just sipped at his tear for a bit while you regaled your tale.

"Ah, that reminds me of my youth. Well, you are more than welcome to spend the night here then. The kiln will be fired up all night, so if you hear any cracking noises don't worry. It keeps the place nice and warm," he replies, sipping at his tea.

The Indeedee stares at you again, having a sort of strange fixation. Was it just not use to be around customers, or was it for some other purpose? You couldn't tell, but it constantly looking at you in between its chores were a little unsettling. If anything, it was going to be the reason why you wouldn't really be able to sleep through the night.

"There is one thing I'd like your help with," the old man states. "In the morning, if you could get me some clay from the mountain I would appreciate it. My body is frail and feeble now, so all I can do is make my wares here instead of travel. My Indeedee would be able to lead the way."

"Of course, rest first. Tiredness leads to a cloudy mind. Please let me know in the morning."

You see the old man retire back into his room. You could tell from how he spoke that he was doing this for many years and that he didn't like being able to do his work by himself. It was sad, but also comforting in a sense. At this point, it felt like the tea was brewed with melancholy instead of tea leaves. You could feel a calm serenity fill the place, the only sound was the kiln.

The Indeedee returns inside and looks at you. It seems it was going to show you the way to the guest room. There was a lot to process, and a good night's rest would allow you to collect your thoughts. Of course, there was always the option to continue to head out and tough it in the night.

What do you do?


Reply 4
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinyShell, post: 7194279, member: 113106
The old man sipped his tea as he listened to her tale, his wrinkled hands so frail Sil was surprised that they could even hold the cup. Once finished, she lifted up the tea cup she was given, pausing for a moment to savor the scent before taking a drink.

“Ah, that reminds me of my youth,” he said. “Well, you are more than welcome to spend the night here then. The kiln will be fired up all night, so if you hear any cracking noises don't worry. It keeps the place nice and warm.”

She smiled to show her thanks, but as she did so she caught sight of the Indeedee taking a break between his chores. He was staring rather intensely at her and she couldn’t tell why, his expression unreadable to her. Perhaps he wasn’t used to visitors--she figured not many people would head out this far in the desert and, even if they did, it was so vast it was unlikely that they would stumble across this little shop unless they were deliberately searching for it. Or, maybe there was another reason. Whatever it was, she figured it would be difficult to sleep through the night while the Emotion Pokémon kept his gaze fixated on her.

"There is one thing I'd like your help with,” the old man said, getting up from the table. “In the morning, if you could get me some clay from the mountain I would appreciate it. My body is frail and feeble now, so all I can do is make my wares here instead of travel. My Indeedee would be able to lead the way. Of course, rest first. Tiredness leads to a cloudy mind. Please let me know in the morning."

And, with that, he disappeared into the backroom. His voice had a bitter edge to it--it seemed that he disliked having to work all alone, having none but his Pokémon to aid him and keep him company.

The tea began to taste bitter, melancholious.

...

The Indeedee returned to the room and looked at her, waiting for her to finish her drink. It seemed he wanted to show them to the guest room. Gladly accepting his silent offer, she began to get up, eager to hit the hay and rest. But as she took her last sip of tea, she paused. The Indeedee’s stare had made her uncomfortable--something seemed off here. While she felt terribly guilty to feel such a way in the face of the hospitality of the old man, she still couldn’t shake the uncomfortable feeling that had settled in her gut. And, looking at Hailstone, it seemed he had noticed too. Perhaps it would be better to go tonight rather than wait until morning.

Recalling Hailstone back into his Pokéball for some much-needed rest, she picked up her backpack.

“I… I think I could go tonight. The tea did restore some of my energy. And while I’d like to let Hailstone rest, I have two other Pokémon that could help us. I’m ready whenever you are. If you, uh, want to go tonight that is.”


Update 5
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liltwick, post: 7219188, member: 83117

The Indeedee looked at you curiously. It didn't understand why you wouldn't want to take a rest. Your clothes were a little scuffed up from all the walking that had happened today, after all. Though, if you did indeed wish to help out, it couldn't fault you on that. He looked at you once more, seeming to ponder what exactly would happen if he left on his own free will. He left the room real quick before quickly coming back. He looked like he was ready to go.

Leading you outside, he began to walk further down the road. You trail behind the Pokemon, trusting that he knew the area better than you. The night air was crisp, and the skies were clear. You could see the moon beginning to rise, and the starry night painted across the skyline. Compared to the dusk that you saw when you arrived, there was a different kind of beauty to this. A sense of tranquility washed over you.

You watched as the Pokemon continued onwards. The road started to twist and turn up the mountain, and it becomes colder as you ascended the Chalice. There was a sort of beauty to this place, the frigid air dancing on your skin. It was enticing you to climb higher and higher, but the Indeedee soon stopped. You could see why, as the psychic and normal-typed Pokemon looked at the road ahead. There was a fork here, on to the left that kept level with where you were at on the mountain, and one going diagonally forwards that went up the mountain.

He looked back at you, looking a bit puzzled. Was he actually not as familiar with where to go as you thought he would? Well, the road branched here, and it looked like you had the choice on which way you could go. It seemed strange having to choose this many paths in one day, but the mountain was vast.

What do you do?



Raves
Spoiler: show

Adventure Start
Spoiler: show

"They say they used to hang traitors to the kingdom and heretics to the church at this meadow, the guide book said back in the day..."

"Wim?"

"..."

For what seemed like a grim sounding location, the Meadow of Judgment was advised to Rory by the Arcane Realm Tourism and Socialisation of Youths Pantheon, otherwise known as the Artsy Pants to most people, as an ideal place to go to learn about the many mysteries of one's self. At the very least, it was a beautiful place regardless, with countless flowers, teeming with life everywhere, and even in the air he could feel some sort of funny tingling sensation, whether that was the magic that apparently inhabited the area, or just the excessive pollen count that would lay anyone with hay fever six feet under. At his feet, Xigua scuttled around, taking the odd nibble of a flower after careful scrutiny and enjoying the variety, while hovering just above waist height was one of his oddball pokemon, and not because it wasn't a bug pokemon.

No, ever since he arrived, Statis had emerged from her ball suddenly, and was not taking a "please, return to your ball" for an answer. The Elgyem's natural role to Rory was to support him in the event of him being utterly overwhelmed in terror and fear, but there was no definitive danger to him in this peaceful a location, and he ultimately figured that maybe the Elgyem just wanted to actually have some fresh air. He did feel a bit selfish keeping the psychic pokemon cooped up in her ball often, even though she appeared to hold no grudge of sorts towards him for the treatment, and he reckoned she could maybe learn something from the apparent magic in the meadow. He didn't have much of a plan coming here other than to do touristy things, but he at least was interested in what sort of pokemon resided here.

Mentally, he was also curious of a theory he had. In a place of beauty once stained with the blood of hundreds, surely there could be some interesting history behind it, and that dark past could have some impact on today's beauty...in essence, the theory went that there was bound to be some remnant of the apparent evils committed here, and he was interested in seeing if that had any effect on the spot of ill fate and its surroundings. But most of all, he just wanted to do touristy things. Take some snapshots, get some souvenirs, maybe catch a new friend or two, that sort of thing.


Update 1
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liltwick, post: 7062458, member: 83117
Raves-

The Meadow of Judgement. Once stained in the blood of heretics, its now a place with inherent magic. After all, death causes a massive swirl of ether to gather in places such as this. It is also said every flower here symbolizes a person who will be saved on judgement day. You notice that the flowers here seem... Surprisingly hearty. That they sway to avoid attacks and aren't affected by the effects of mage craft.

Making you way through the meadow with Xigua and Stasis, you notice a few people practicing some form of magic in one way or another. Most of it looked interesting, but it was obvious enough that they didn't want to be interacted with. Furthermore, nothing of what they were doing really seemed like it would hint to this place's dark past.

You then spot something intriguing. A small patch of flowers, stained blood red, blooming in the middle of the meadow. Nothing else seemed to be growing there, and the earth itself felt different. There was something here with this flowers that seemed to hold a key. Especially considering their color and shape was different from everything else from this garden.

Checking your little pamphlet, you see a small little paragraph about this flowers. Higanbanas - Red Spider Lillies. In the language of flowers, they represent final goodbyes. They also only grow in spots where those goodbyes occur. Only native to the Kanjohto region, it is quite an oddity that they would grow in this meadow. There seemed to be warmth emanating from these flowers... Almost like they were filled with blood.

What do you do?


Reply 1
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves, post: 7074063, member: 22311
The meadow's flowers were as vibrant as they seemed, and the very plains themselves appeared to be as full of them as he had heard. Merely walking through the plants, Rory could feel his legs tingling, as though the magic within was flowing into him and empowering him...or that might just be the grasses on bare legs. Yeah, probably the latter. However, there was the odd figure here and there in the midst of proving that, yes, magic was indeed a real thing here. One was generating small sparks, another manipulating soil in the air to form shapes, but the teen merely looked for a few seconds before continuing. After all, nothing broke concentration like a nosy spectator, and the last thing he wanted was to get on the wrong side of a wizard who could turn him into a Froakie.

Besides, the spells they were performing weren't anything malicious, more akin to terraforming or other druidic arts like thaumaturgy, whatever that was. Xigua continued to scuttle beneath him, and Statis hovered above, but the three of them soon paused upon an unusual sight. "Huh?" he mused, trying to comprehend the sight. Amidst the many flowers, there was a small patch of them, scarlet like blood, simply in the middle of the park on their own. Heck, the soil felt...different. The Wimpod seemed a little uncomfortable, but nevertheless remained stalwart while the Elgyem appeared fixated on them. The shape of the plants was also abnormal, and remembering his touristy nature Rory quickly dug out the pamphlet of the area and began to skim through it before finding a small article on them.

"Higabanas, the red spider lily. Representing final goodbyes...growing only where said goodbyes occurred...I think we mighta found a clue," he piped to the pokemon, though he was puzzled as he read further. "Native to Kanjohto...unless someone planted these here for something?" His mind was transfixed on the flowers, which on top of their odd colouration appeared to emanate some sort of warmth. Curiosity overcame common sense as the teen slowly and carefully approached the blood red flowers for a closer look, seeking to gently poke at them a little and to see just how they functioned. Statis remained focused on the scene, eyes focused on the trainer, as the bug type held back, uncertain on the scent.

Update 2
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liltwick, post: 7074652, member: 83117
Raves-

Drawn in by the spider lilies, you reach towards their scarlet petals. The warmth increased as reached closer, and it soon felt like you were pushing your hand through a warm, sticky substance. It felt akin to a pool of blood, but nothing in the area suggested there was actual blood. You then grazed the flowers, and their tendril like petals tickled under your hand. As you reach closer, you feel something... fluffy. You then feel an incredibly heat and instinctively pull your hand back. A small plume of embers come from within the flower patch, but the plants themselves did not catch. They were not natural.

There was then some rustling in the fields of flowers as something flew out. You could see a patch of white followed by some red spires. But the vision soon faded as the area turned dark.

"Damn it!"

You heard someone shout, the sound echoing throughout the meadow. Looking over, you could see one of the mages look a little charred as a thunder cloud hung above them. They then sent out a Psyduck, who quacked in confusion before noticing the dark, storming mass above. It then tilted its head, and the storm started to clear it due to its Cloud Nine ability.

You then take notice that the flowers started to glow a bright crimson red. They were to be drawing in the magical energy of the failed magical experiment. The area also felt warmer as well. At the point Xigua was inching his way towards the flowers, the Wimpod strangely attracted to the warmth as well, and started to tug at one. It couldn't hurt to pick just one for him, could it?

What do you do?

Reply 2
Spoiler: show

Curiosity was often something lethal to pretty much anything feline in nature metaphorically, yet as the teen was attracted to the scarlet flowers, he could do little but reach for them and caress them a little. They seemed strangely warm, and as he neared them, the warmth seemed to grow, as if he was trying to push through some hot gluey air. It was odd, certainly, but even moreso was the fact that despite feeling like blood, there wasn't anything akin to the substance among them. Touching the spider lilies, Rory could feel the petals tickle him, a soft tremble rippling through his arm as he came closer, before coming across something unusually fluffy. Flowers weren't usually this fluffy-

"!"

Rory gasped aloud as a sudden surge of heat emanated from within the patch and as he drew the limb back swiftly, Xigua squeaked in surprise as a small burst of embers flecked into the air. Was that some sort of defensive mechanism, and were these plants hunting? He had certainly heard of carnivorous plants, and there were certainly tales of explorers haplessly entering jungles and falling foul of the Victreebel species.

"W-wait, that's not right...flowers don't normally spit fire?"

His train of thought was derailed as something darted out of the spider lilies and as he tried to make out the blur, he could see some white, with what seemed like small red points, but before he could ponder on the mystery, the sky suddenly darkened as one of the mages evidently had trouble with one of their spells, appearing a little inged as the crackle of lightning above him answered the question of what likely happened. The sorceror then summoned forth a silly yellow ducklike creature which quacked dimly before noticing the storm cloud above.

This distraction however was enough for the teen to forget what he had seen, and as far as he knew something white had run out of the flowers. Flowers that appeared to be glowing deeply, as if absorbing the energy of the failed spell. Things also felt somewhat warm as well, with Xigua interested in the flowers, seemingly tugging at one gently as the Elgyem hovered overhead. While Rory may have forgot in the rush of things, the observant psychic type had an inkling on what just happened, but appeared to say nothing of the sort, as if willing to let fate take its course.

"Hold on a sec, Xig, lemme get that for ya," Rory said calmly, motioning for his starter to step back while he pulled out a small knife from his pocket, one which had seen quite the uses when out in the field, and reached down carefully to try and snip the flower the Wimpod had interest in.

Update 4
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liltwick, post: 7127096, member: 83117
Raves-

You snip the flower from its stem, you feel an immense warmth rush through you. It felt invigorating at first, but then your blood started to boil. The spider lily started to ooze out an ichorous substance, covering your arm. It started rushing from the flower, covering Xigua at first, and then the rest of the meadow. No one seemed to notice it but you, but for that, it seemed to be too late.

Everything was red now, and the smell of iron permeated the air. The area was enveloped within a red mist, causing it to feel extremely humid. But, it was warm and inviting. You felt dizzy but euphoric as the mist drew you in. It was intoxicating, and it was obviously not just you that was being affected. Xigua and Stasis were both affected by this mist, seeming to have the time of their lives.

Then, everything went dark. You could no longer see your Pokemon, hear the people around you, or even feel. All of your senses were gone, except for the flower you still held in your hand. Its magic served as a sort of anchor within this darkness.

"The end of something old, the start of something new. But now, with new-found purpose."

You felt the words probe your mind, the flower glowing a vivid crimson as they did. Was the flower the one communicating with you? It certainly felt like it, but at the same time, you really didn't know. It was hard to discern things within this void.

"Now come, receiving the passage of your Judgement child."

The warmth left the flower, and you felt like you were about to drift away into nothingness.

In Darkness Blooms the Spider Lily
Camellias for the Body
Violets for the Heart
And Asters for the Soul


You hear an ancient voice whisper. Archaic magics were stirring, far beyond your control or comprehension. Everything then turned to white, and you could feel yourself having control over your body once more.

Looking around, the meadow looked different. Everything was covered in white... Snow. It was certainly snow. You could see your Pokemon looking around confused. Wasn't it just bright and sunny a moment ago? Looking at your hand, you still held the Spider Lily, it looking as it was before you cut it.

What just happened? Judgment? It certainly fits the name of this place, but it was all so confusing. The only thing you had to work off of was that weird poem if you could call it that. You do notice, though, that there seems to be a faint light ahead. Is it just the sun gleaming off of the snow, or something more?

What do you do?



ChrisCLark13
Spoiler: show

Adventure Start
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisClark13, post: 7069847, member: 120787
Two Fools Beginning a Journey

It was early in the morning, a bit too early for most people to be out and about- but a certain new and eccentric trainer to Fizzytopia just couldn't wait to get on with his day!

Curtis Renard skipped down the "Fool's Path", fully taking in the sights, smells, and sounds of his surroundings. The tails of the Ninetails-styled fursuit he was wearing happily bobbed behind him and the hood of it was also bouncing against his back, making for an interesting sight.

"Where to go, where to go?" he mused aloud to himself. He then looked behind himself and yelled, "Hey com'on, catch up!"

Trailing behind that was the trainer's sole Pokemon, a rather grumpy looking Vulpix that was plodding along after him. Perhaps a 'bit' pudgy, it just tiredly glared at him before sitting down on the trail.

As Annahime the Vulpix sit there panting, she wondered what she had done to deserve being saddled with this... this idiot. Sure, maybe she hadn't gotten out of the way fast enough when he was looking for a partner or maybe had been a bit too eager when the treats were pulled out? Well, she was the strongest of her siblings, so it was only right that she get picked!

But... but... whatever the case was, she was now stuck with this 'Trainer'. Some child who was dressed up in imitation of her parents looked like- like what she would look like when she evolved one day. Well, it did raise her ego a bit that the idiot clearly thought so highly of her line- why... why did he have to be such a morning person? Where did that human's boundless energy come from?!

Curtis looked on as his Vulpix just sat there, panted, and stared off into space. Oh... maybe it looked like a break was in order. "Well, what can do you?" he muttered to himself. He walked over to his starter Pokemon and physically hoisted her over his shoulder. There was a low protesting grumble from the 'mon as she was picked up, but that was about it. Usually, she complained more about being picked up than this. She must've been more exhausted than he thought!

He carried her along the path, looking for a good place to rest...


Update 1
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneasel12, post: 7074205, member: 3180
ChrisClark13 - The Fool's Path, a road that wanders the whole of the Arcane Realm and its many points of interest. With your new starter by your side, it seemed the obvious place to start out, what with its symbolic nature of the beginning of journeys. Yet, now the Vulpix has found herself sitting on the road, clearly a bit worn out despite not having walked particularly far just yet. Hoisting her up and onto your shoulders, you soldier on, walking with her weight as she stares down at the waving tails on your fursuit, the very same garb that seems to be drawing looks from other travelers as you walk along, causing a great many of them to give you a wide berth and move to the edge of the path in order to get by you.

Up head you spy the Magician's Hamlet, the road forking to the town known for its many craftsmen and beautiful buildings, as well as off further along to lead further into the Arcane Realm. Just as you are approaching the intersection, a bit of a ruckus stirs passed some of the other travelers, startling a fair group as a small, brown, vulpine creature balancing itself precariously atop a pale blue ball with red markings, barreling through the crowd. Just as soon as you notice it, it barrels into your leg with a crash, causing it to fall to the ground with a short "Vee!" and the ball to unfurl into another small creature with four short legs, floppy ears, and a short trunk. The duo glance over at what they had bumped into, only to spot your odd appearance.

Startled by your attire, the two playing Pokemon part ways, the small elephantine creature running back off towards the Hamlet while the brown and white fox like creature runs along the road leading further into the Realm.


Reply 1
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisClark13, post: 7075698, member: 120787
Curtis instantly recognizes the brown fox-like Pokemon, it's an Eevee! Everyone knows that's what an Eevee looks like! Though as far as that weird long-nosed Pokemon went, he had never seen it before. Though, of course, that didn't matter to him because his entire attention was focused on the Eevee that was running away down the road! But why was it running away though? He just wanted to be friends!

He takes a look around to gather his bearings and notices that everyone is... avoiding him for some reason? But why? Usually, people think his suit is cute...? Oh, right! He had forgotten that he was not supposed to put the hood down! His parents had told him that suits like this look awkward and that it's sometimes even bad luck... Oh shit! Bad luck! Of course, that's why everyone was acting weird! He was being bad luck right now!

The Ninetails cosplayer quickly set down his Vulpix to free his hands so he could put his eared hood back up. Then, he ran as hard as he could after the Eevee. "Wait, please come back! I just wanna be friends with yooouuu! I'm sorrrryyy!!!"

Meanwhile, Annahime the Vulpix sneezed at the dust her idiot trainer had kicked up. What, what the hell had just happened? Why was her trainer running off like that!? Like- like some idiot kit that was chasing after a toy! Barking and yipping angrily, she ran off in pursuit of the idiot. "Pix! Pix! Pix! VuuuulllPIX!!!" Why, Gods above why!? Why she stuck with this idiot!?!

Update 2
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneasel12, post: 7078584, member: 3180
ChrisClark13 - Promptly ignoring the Phanpy and giving chase to the brown fox, you notice that people seem to be avoiding you on your path. But how could this be? Your suit was so adorable people should be flocking around you with praise for the outfit. Of course! The hood was down, completely ruining the illusion of your Ninetales appearance! Setting Annahime down, a quick flip of your hood fixes the situation, allowing you to further chase down the Eevee.

Yipping and barking behind you Annahime seems a bit less than enthusiastic about running along, but luckily for her the chase doesn't take too much longer, the Eevee having taken shelter under a moving cart filled to the brim with an assortment of flowers being pushed along by an older man. Spotting you running after, the man stops, causing the Eevee to run out in front of the cart for a moment before realizing that its cover had been blown, choosing to instead jump up and into the flowers to hide and relax.

"Oh, is this little scamp yours?" The man notes, glancing over at your attire, as well as the now panting Annahime following you, who is more than happy to come to a stop, pawing at your leg as you've halted.

The small brown fox begins rolling about in the flowers, clearly enjoying all the colors, eliciting a small "Vee!" of excitement.

"Oh dear, can you please control your Pokemon?" The old man attempts to straighten out the flowers as the Eevee continues to roll about, fretting ever lost petal and broken stem. "These flowers need to last a few days along my trip, and I don't have time to stop to get more."

Reply 2
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisClark13, post: 7078639, member: 120787
"Um... it soon will be my Pokemon?" Curtis comments as he crouches down and approaches the Eevee rolling around in the flowers as non-threateningly as he can. He makes a few soft clicking sounds with his mouth to gently get the Eevee's attention. He then gently extends his right hand, palm down, so the Eevee can sniff it. "Hey, hey there little guy. Do you wanna be friends? Please be friends me with me..."

Meanwhile, due to how her dumb trainer is completely ignoring the cue to pick her up, Annahime is now pacing around his feet and making small hops onto his legs to get his attention. Eventually, she is forced to take matters into her own paws and so, just makes the leap up onto her dumb trainer's crouched-over back. She claws her way up his backpack and onto her preferred riding position, his left shoulder.

Curtis looks away to turn his head towards Annahime as she claws her way up. "Oh hey there," he says softly, "um... say hi to our new friend. Be nice please..."

Upon reaching her spot, Annahime pokes her head up past Curtis's shoulder- only to immediately start staring down the Eevee best she can. She starts rumbling with a high-pitched growl, not liking that this brown fox-thing is stealing away her trainer's attention.

Curtis starts stammering nervously, "Oh, um. P-play nice now... please... Oh oh um, um- Use Psychic to lift the Eevee out of the cart! Um, gently please though!" he suddenly gives out a order, causing the Vulpix to stare at him for a moment as the order processes through her brain.

Luckily, Curtis's relatives had gotten in a some amount of training before handing off Annahime or else she would've not followed orders at all. Though in her mind, it was a matter of 'well, if he wants me to do a trick- I suppose I can humor him'. Annahime sits up more on her trainer's shoulder, then her eyes glow a light red as she attempts to grip the Eevee in a psychic hold and tries lift it up slowly. She had better be getting a treat later for all this effort.


Update 3
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneasel12, post: 7078804, member: 3180
ChrisClark13 - The old man's misunderstanding was rather, well, understandable, given your attire and apparent affection towards the Eevee now messing up his flower cart. Nevertheless you correct him, insisting that this small fox is only soon to be yours, rather than already in your possession. A small, stifled chuckle manages to escape the worried man's lips as Annahime climbs your back and on to your shoulder - at least your antics are helping to ease the mood!

Heeding your order to do one of her best tricks, the Vulpix's eyes glow red a moment before a similar glow surrounds the Eevee, lifting the troublemaker slowly from the cart and setting the fox on the ground, though not without a fair bit of protest as shouts of "Vee!" ring through the air, eliciting looks from other travelers.

"Thank you for helping with your friend," the man speaks out with a smile, reaching down and giving the Eevee a light scratch behind the ears, an action which prompts Annahime to pout a bit. But as the man picks up his cart to continue forward, the Eevee stares over at you and your Vulpix before deciding that shoulders must make for an excellent sitting spot. Sadly, it isn't your shoulder the fox is interested in, jumping on the cart once more only to launch itself onto the old man's shoulder.

"Oh! I'm terribly sorry little one!" The man shouts in surprise before placing the Eevee back on the ground, "I'm getting a bit too on in years to be making new friends at this stage of life."

This statement doesn't dissuade the fox, though, as one more "Vee!" of obstinacy shouts out before the creature jumps back to the man's shoulder. Sighing, the man accepts his position as Eevee's new perch, 'Terribly sorry young man, but it seems your new friend has taken a liking to me." Scratching the Eevee behind the ears for moment he ponders, "But perhaps you'd be willing to help me out and show this scamp just how friendly you are? I could use some help getting this cart to the City of Pentacles."


Reply 3
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisClark13, post: 7078944, member: 120787
Curtis looks despondent for a moment upon seeing that the Eevee seemingly wants nothing to do with him, but he cheers back up again once he realizes that he hasn't lost his chance to get it to like him just yet! "Yeah! I'll do it!" he shouts over-enthusiastically as he pumps a fist into the air. "I'll prove I'm the best, friendliest person ever!" He pauses for a moment, realizing just how silly the words that came out of his mouth were.

Annahime whines in embarrassment and tries to hide her face behind her trainer's head.

"O-oh um," Curtis stammers as he gives out a nervous chuckle, "I overdid it didn't I?" though once again, the wind comes back into the sails of his determination. He points his whole arm at the old man, his finger held out defiantly, "But, my point still stands! I'll come along and help you out!"

Then to prove his determination he wrestles his Vulpix off of his back and sets her down? And now he's getting out a treat bag? He takes one out and holds it out of Annahime's reach, who immediately starts jumping up and trying to get at it. "Hey, hey! Sit, siiiitttt," Curtis chides as he sets a hand on the fox's head to make her sit back down, "I'll give you this on one condition, you have to be nice. Okay?"

Annahime internally grumbles, 'You have to be nice'? what kind of stupid command is that? She turns her head away in disagreement. But then, her trainer says, "I'll give you the whole bag later..." that gets her attention, though that's not quite good enough and so she turns her head away towards the other side of her body, "Vuuul-pix!" and turns her nose up at the offer.

Curtis sighs, an entire bag isn't good enough? They weren't kidding when they said that this Vulpix was stuck-up! "Um... I'll give you three now?" His Vulpix starts turning her head back towards him, but not all the way and gives a tilt of the head. Okay, um, she seems to be listening at least? "How about, five now and the rest later?"

Finally, an agreeable deal was reached. Annahime fully turned her head back towards her dumb trainer and gave a slow, solitary nod. She supposes can make nice with the Eevee for such a sizable bribe. Dutifully, her trainer pulls out from the bag the agreed-upon five treats and holds them out in his hand for her to eat.

The pact made with the lazy, greedy Vulpix- the cosplaying trainer picked up his fox and placed her back on his shoulder. "Alright! Lead the way!" he shouts as he makes to follow the old man and his flower cart.


Update 4
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneasel12, post: 7079068, member: 3180
ChrisClark13 - Practically jumping at the chance to prove just how friendly you can truly be, your enthusiasm is perhaps a bit startling to the Eevee, who elicits a worried "Vee..." as it positions itself on the old man's shoulder to try and avoid your gaze for now. At the least, your realization that you may have overdone your greeting helps the situation, the old man chuckling a bit as you offer your help on the way to the City of Pentacles.

Annahime, on the other hand, is a bit belligerent in her willingness to help, having to be offered bribe after bribe and turning them down one after another before finally agreeing to five treats now and the rest of the bag later. Happily wolfing down the treats provided, the Vulpix is lazily placed atop your shoulder, ready to ride along.

"Yes, well, as much as your enthusiasm is appreciated, your energy is best saved for the moment." Hoisting the cart back up and walking once more, the man points to the road ahead. "We're about two days out from the City of Pentacles, and who knows what troubles we may run into along the way."

It takes a few moments for the man to realize he's just agreed to letting you travel along without actually providing any assistance, let alone your own name, "I'm sorry, I didn't actually catch your name, or why you're here, beyond trying to befriend this fox. My name is Hugh, and despite the flowers I'm currently carting I actually deal in higher value trade goods normally."

The statement catches the ears of a man heading the opposite direction along the Path, choosing to wander over and stand in front of the man's cart. "High value trade goods, you say? Mind if I... examine your stock?" The man was somewhat young, with his hair cut short and an outfit that struck less of being able to purchase such goods than it did the idea that he might try to charge a toll despite being in the middle of the road already.

"Oh, I'm out of stock right now, and I've spent what little profit I've made recently on these flowers..." The man pauses, turning the cart to try to get around the hoodlum, only for the new arrival to position himself in front of the cart once more. "Really sir, I must be going, it's only a matter of time before these start to wilt." But the younger man persisted still, refusing to allow movement down the Path.


Reply 4
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisClark13, post: 7080516, member: 120787
As they're walking along, Curtis starts to respond to Old Man Hugh giving his name, "Oh, I don't think I shared my name either!" The trainer puts his right arm out of front of himself and jabs back at his chest with a 'thumbs up' sign, "I'm Curtis, Curtis Renard! And this here is Annahime because-" he takes note of another guy coming out and blocking their path. Curtis trails off as he finishes his sentence, "-because she acts like a princess..."

What the heck is this random guy doing!? What he's doing doesn't line up with what he's saying at all! Not to mention he looks all shifty-like! Not so much the way he's dressed, because you're not supposed to judge people based on appearances and all that- but the way he's acting! (Though also kind of how he's dressed.)

Curtis stomps his way up and wedges himself between the cart and this interloper, "Hey! What are doing? You're being super rude you know! He's said he doesn't have any high-value stuff on him right now- and even if he did, it's none of your business!" He puffs out his chest and does his best to between the man and the cart for now.

Annahime has to tighten her grip to stay her perch as her trainer barges in. Wasn't he supposed to be showing how nice he was? Yet, here he is now getting all angry at someone. Though to be fair, like he said, they are being rather rude... though also, she really doesn't like being carried into this mess either. But getting out of this would mean having to jump down and getting back up would be a hassle and she also guesses that it would make her trainer look weak and that'd be indirectly bad for her own reputation as well. So, instead, she just sits there and silently glares up at the man her trainer is confronting. Her hackles and tails are raised and her ears are laid flat back on her head in a threat display- trying to both look bigger and look ready for a fight.


Update 5
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneasel12, post: 7081515, member: 3180
ChrisClark13 - Your introduction interrupted by this interloper, you opt to put yourself between him and the cart so that he can't easily hassle your new friend in regards to any expensive merchandise he may or may not have. Puffing out your chest and calling him out for his behaviour, Annahime even getting passed her usual laziness to put on as intimidating an appearance as possible to attempt to back you up.

Staring at you with an eyebrow raised, the ruffian of a man sizes you up for a moment. "What, a man in a costume and an overweight fox are going to stop me from getting a good price from this here merchant, are you?" Smirking, he pulls a pure white Premier Ball from his vest, clicking the release mechanism on the ball to present a multicolored sludge of a Pokemon, more green and yellow than the standard variant of Grimer most people are used to.

The old merchant attempts to dissuade the ruffian, his soft, calm voice speaking out "Now, now, there's no need for-"

"Shove it, old timer." The man quickly interjects. "If your friend here wants to puff out his chest at me he better be able to back it up. I don't take kindly to that kind of insult."

"Oh dear, um..." Backing his cart away for a moment, the old man looks at his flowers, worried once more. "Well in that case, I don't suppose you'd be willing to send this punk on his way so that we can get on ours?"


Reply 5
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisClark13, post: 7081546, member: 120787
Curtis did his best to hide his excitement, a Pokemon Battle- an actual to goodness Pokemon Battle that wasn't against another member of his family! Oh! Oooh! It's on! A spark lights up in his eyes as stomps the ground as he points forcefully at the interloper. The teen-dressed-as-a-fox holds his pose as he shouts, "If it's a battle you want, then you're in for it! Annahime use-" he gets interrupted by his Vulpix jumping off of his shoulder forcefully, "-oof!"

Ignoring the momentarily ungrateful landing (Ananhime totally did not just crash into the ground once she jumped off Curtis's shoulder)- angry flames started to form and circle around the pudgy Vulpix, as she prepared an attack!

The moment Annahime had heard the words 'overweight fox' the raging flame of anger was ignited inside Annahime's heart. You see, one of the few things that can match her weight is her anger towards people who dare to point that fact out! After all, she's not fat- she's just extra fluffy! ANYONE WHO SAYS OTHERWISE IS A FILTHY LIAR WHO DESERVES TO BE ON FIRE!! (Not even her trainer is an exception to this on her bad days. Thankfully, that fursuit is built to withstand the occasional Pokemon attack.)

Meanwhile, Curtis takes this moment to go ahead and have his Pokedex scan his opponent's Pokemon. Annahime seems to have this under control for the moment and more information is always a good thing! After he presses the button, his Pokedox quickly begins reading out the entry, "Grimer, Alola Form. The Sludge Pokemon. A Poison and Dark type. The crystals on Grimer's body are lumps of toxins-" though he doesn't have time to finish listening to the entry as Annahime lets out a loud cry as she launches a Mystical Fire attack!

"VUUUUUULPIX!" A large column of magical fire erupts into being in front of her snout and shoots directly towards the ruffian! If not the for the fact that said ruffian's Grimer just so happened to be in the direct way of the attack... well um, Annahime would've partially fried the human who had just called her fat.

But, it's clear who she was aiming for- other Pokemon that just so "happened" to be in the way or no.

Shocked by his Pokemon's bad behavior, Curtis stands there for a moment flabbergasted. "No bad!," he calls out after a moment, "you're supposed to attack his Pokemon! Not him!"

In response, his own Vulpix glares back at him for a moment before focusing her eyes on the Grimer. Fine! First, this pile of trash would burn, THEN the human who owns it!

Curtis rubs his hands together for a moment, then claps them as he gets his composure back. He shouts as he points out his finger, "Alright, follow up with another Mystical Fire and then use Protect!"


Update 6
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneasel12, post: 7083727, member: 3180
ChrisClark13 - Opting to take the thoughtful route of taking a quick look through your Pokedex to get a tactical advantage on your enemy, surely this fight is bound to go your - oh no what is the fox doing.

The spiraling flame reaches out towards not the opposing Pokemon, as you would hope in a Pokemon battle, but instead towards the trainer blocking the way down the path. The Grimer isn't exactly going to let this stand, and stretches itself into the way a bit to absorb the Mystical Fire, sinking back down to the ground, its Special Attack lowered by the flames.

"No need to be uncouth." The ruffian responds, clearly unhappy with Annahime, "Give it a Payback to show it how things go around here!" The Grimer happily obliges, a dark aura surrounding itself before expanding outwards, amplifying the sludge's limbs as it stretches out to strike a blow at the Vulpix.

As if the strike wasn't bad enough, your berating of the Vulpix really drives the point home, helping to cool her head as you issue further orders. The opposing trainer isn't exactly wont to simply let you do as you please on your own time, shouting a couple orders of his own as Annahime is listening to your commands. Almost as soon as she turns back to the fight, a thick Poison Gas fills the area directly around Annahime, causing the Vulpix to begin coughing as the gas seeps into her lungs and she becomes poisoned. Retaliating after finishing her coughing fit, a second Mystical Fire burns up the remaining gas and pours itself over the Grimer for further damage and yet another drop to the sludge's Special Attack.

With things looking fairly even at the moment, the Grimer releases an aerosol of pure toxins, the Venoshock meant to agitate the poisons already in Annahime's system. Luckily, she's more than ready thanks to your orders, and sets up a Protect shield, absorbing the blow harmlessly.

Irritated by your defensive display, the ruffian shouts once more, "Get that pathetic excuse for a Pokemon out of our way with a Poison Jab!"

Reply 6
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisClark13, post: 7084204, member: 120787
Curtis grits his teeth as he watches Annahime take a beating. He sees that the guy's just gonna switch to physical attacks with all those special attack debuffs and Annahime doesn't really have a good way to dodge all those. Think, think! Shut down his options, box them in, do something! The Grimer needs to stop beating on Annahime somehow!

"Annahime, Disable that attack! Then Fire Spin and Fire Spin again! Trap that pile of goo in a vortex of flames and bake it like it's in an oven! Or better yet, a kiln! Bake it to a crisp!" Curtis has no idea what happens to what a Grimer's made of when the temperature is cranked up, but he was going to do his best to find out!

Annahime catches her breath for a moment as she hides behind her quickly fading Protect shield. Each breath, unfortunately, bringing in a fresh bit of pain to her lungs and mouth thanks to that foul gas earlier. Seriously, who- what kind of Pokemon fights like that? That's so mean and now everything is hurting! She hears her name and orders being barked out and, while she's not sure why it's not just three Fire Spins- oh right, the Grimer's going to attack! As quick as she can, she calls up her power and throws out a Disable- making her eyes glow light red as she does so. Then she gets right into calling up the flames needed for a double Fire Spin. Burn, burn, burn you ugly pile of goop- burn!


Update 7
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneasel12, post: 7091527, member: 3180
hrisClark13 - With the scoundrel before you more than happy to continue this fight, the Grimer lunges forward with a Poison Jab, striking into Annahime with a solid blow. The Vulpix responds happily to your order to Disable the move, preventing the sludge monster from using the action for a little while going forward. Continuing the assault, Annahime engulfs the monster in a Fire Spin, trapping the Grimer in a fiery vortex.

"Oh, I see how it is." The thug groans, "Give it your own Disable and Snarl."

The Grimer obliges, its own Disable preventing Annahime's next Fire Spin, the fox unable to use the move for a little bit. An angry barking noise looses a dark wave as the Grimer proceeds to Snarl at the fox, dealing a decent bit of damage and reducing Annahime's Special Attack as a result, to which the Vulpix promptly whines.

"Ahaha! Perfect job!" The man laughs at the misfortune that has befallen your fox before barking a couple more orders, "Go with another Venoshock and Headbutt! Get that pathetic fox out of our way already!"

The old man behind you groans at the ongoing battle, with every passing moment glancing at his cart of flowers. "Oh, please hurry along with this ruffian..." He speaks up softly, poorly attempting at urgency, "These flowers do have an expiration... what ones still remain from the little one's earlier frolic through the cart."

At the words 'little one' the Eevee promptly looks up at the old man from the ground, having been intently watching your fun looking battle. "Vee!"

Reply 7
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisClark13, post: 7091712, member: 120787
Curtis grit his teeth as he saw Annahime continue to take a beating. Not good, not good! Why does that thing know Disable too? His plan was now in tatters (and with it a large chunk of his confidence). If his Vulpix goes down then- then he'll just have to fight himself and there's no real way that would work out! Not to mention that Annahime going down is just really bad on its own! How, how does he get out of this? First thing's first, weaken it some more? No, maybe? If only he could buy a moment to use the healing items he brought! Com'on think- what moves does she have, he only makes her run through most of them every other day!

He spares a glance back to the old man as they call out to him. "J-just a minute!" he barks in return, clearly flustered by how the fight is going. Why, why oh why is he up against a thing that he- that Annahime- has no type advantages against!?

Hurriedly, he gives his orders in as brave of a voice as he can manage. "Annahime- Confuse Ray! Will-O-Wisp! Fast as you can! You've got this!!" There, that should buy them some time. He flips his backpack over one shoulder, zipping open a pocket- then letting the backpack fall to the ground as soon he's grabbed what's looking for:
a Super Potion (1/3) and an Antidote (1/4). He stuffs the Antidote in his pocket and starts running over to this Pokemon as he preps the Super Potion with both hands.

Annahime lets out an angry whine that turns into a growl as her gaze drifts to the pile-of-goop's Trainer- how- how dare he laugh at her pain like this! This is totally unlike the practice matches she's had against the other members of her Trainer's family and their Pokemon- no respect for each other at all! She starts bracing for the attacks coming her way- but then she hears her name and a series of orders. Acting on her training, she digs her paws into the ground and summons up balls of ghosty light and flings them right at her opponent's eyes- trying to throw off their attack!

Coming up just behind her after all that (and whatever state she ends up in) is Curtis. As soon as he reaches Annahime he sprays the Super Potion on her, making her yip and snap at him in surprise as the medicine stings against her injuries. "Hold still, it's a potion. It'll feel better in a moment I promise!" he says as he sprays the rest of it on her as quickly as he can. There, that should keep them in the fight just a little longer- now only if he can apply the Antidote too...


Update 8
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneasel12, post: 7097575, member: 3180
ChrisClark13 - With Annahime poisoned you opt to stall your opponent for a moment while you heal the fox up, a flash of a Confuse Ray leaving the Grimer befuddled. Just befuddled enough that the pile of sludge can't seem to manage its orders well, slapping itself in the face for a moment. Sneaking up behind the fox, you spray her with the Super Potion, eliciting a yipping sound out of her as he spray does its work. It takes a moment of soothing, but she does manage to calm down for a moment to allow the healing process to take hold. Meanwhile, the Grimer is having difficulties still, smacking itself around a bit.

"Hey!" the ruffian shouts at you, "Healing items are cheating!"

The old man blinks for a moment at the shout, "...and how is that?"

"Because I don't have any!"

Between the small laughs of the old man, Annahime turns her attention back to her foe, loosing a Will-O-Wisp at the Grimer, the small flames leaving similar sized burns on the sludge. In this moment, the Grimer finally manages an attack, a Headbutt giving Annahime a good knock, though it's dampened a fair bit by the Grimer's inability to move much without hurting itself in any real capacity. Just then, the burns take hold, causing the Grimer to wince before collapsing, unconscious.

Annahime gained 1 level.

Recalling the Grimer, the man sulks away in a huff. "Fine. I'll just have to get some flowers in town..."

Climbing out from below the cart, the Eevee yips as the man in celebration, running happily around Annahime, who continues to suffer from her poisoned condition.

"Well." The old man chuckles once more, "That sure was something. Would never have guessed that he actually wanted to buy some of my flowers!" The chuckle turns momentarily to true laughter before he pauses to catch his breath. "But as I said, these aren't for sale. I've got a special purpose for this cart."

The Eevee runs over to the old man once more, yipping out a quick "Vee!" which prompts him to lean down and allow the Eevee back onto his shoulder. "Yes, yes, we should get going if we're going to find a good place to camp before we reach our next destination." Turning to you he motions towards the road. "Why don't you heal up a bit and we'll get going? It's not too far away now from where I plan to stop for a rest."

Reply 8
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisClark13, post: 7097833, member: 120787
Curtis watches, somewhat in awe, as the Grimer just gets completely wrecked by the combination of Confusion and Burn. He'd have to remember to start with that combo more often.

At the old man's comment about the ruffian wanting flowers, Curtis comments. "Huh, he could've just said so- but I guess he wanted a battle more than he wanted the flowers. You know, maybe he was trying to get them for free? Could be that he's broke- but this wasn't an official battle or anything so I wouldn't have given him any money anyways." Curtis stands up fully just so he can pound his right fist into his left palm, "and even then I would've had to get back at him for beating up Annahime!"

Speaking of Annahime, he then realizes that she's still poisoned when she can't even half-heartedly bat at the Eevee without stumbling. "Ah, yeah. Lemme just check her over and I'll be right along!" Curtis grabs the Antidote from his pocket and starts spraying it over his poor, poor fox. Luckily, this one doesn't sting as bad when it touches her injuries since it's just neutralizing the poison. Once the bottle is empty, Curtis stuffs it back into his pocket (pack your waste with you and all that) and picks his fussy fox like a baby so he can get a good look at her belly. Okay, doesn't seem like any injuries there... he flips her over onto his shoulder and runs a hand carefully through her fur to check for bruises and injuries. Maybe it's just due to the Super Potion, but she's a lot less hurt than she seemed in the end- giving how much she was barking and whining during the fight. "It's okay, it's okay, you're fine now... who's a good girl, you're a good girl."

Annahime lets out a small (and unfortunately cute) grumble as her idiot trainer pokes and prods and fusses over her like she's some kind of baby. She nips at his gloved fingers and growls louder, but he just grabs her snout and wiggles it like he's playing with her! Finally, he puts her back on his shoulder- though given how exhausted she feels from walking earlier and that fight just now she elects to instead just drape herself over his neck.

Curtis continues on with the baby talk as he gives the Vulpix a few scritches behind the ears, "Aww, she's all tucked out." He goes back over to his backpack, cleaning out his pockets before putting it back on. Speaking more normally now, he feeds her a couple of treats from his pocket, "You did great out there Annahime. I thought we might actually lose there, but you pulled through!" It seems she enjoys the praise gives Curtis a little lick on the cheek before resuming acting like a floppy scarf.

With a chuckle, he walks back over to the old man, "Sorry if I took too long, had to make sure she's okay and all that. Ready to go now..." Curtis trails off as he reaches into his pockets once more and pulls out a couple of fox treats before offering them to the Eevee, "...and before we get going, these are for our little friend here."

Annahime groans weakly in protest when she realizes her treats are being shared. Oh whatever, fine. Take them you little lazy brown thing. Didn't even help at all in the fight. Annahime does her best to ignore this scene and doze off.

And with a sleepy six-tailed fox on his shoulders, Curtis set off with the old man.


Update 9
Spoiler: show

ChrisClark13 - Congratulating your lazy fox on managing to put forward enough energy to earn a victory, as well as realizing that perhaps statuses are best used towards the beginning of a fight rather than the end, you cure Annahime's poison and proceed back to the old man and the Eevee you continue to covet the affection of. Annahime isn't exactly happy about the fact that you offer up her precious treats so willingly towards the other vulpine, but begrudgingly accepts it for now, lazily draping herself around your neck as you walk further along the road with the old man.

The old man is quiet for the majority of the walk, solemnly watching over his cart full of flowers as though the lot of them could wilt and die at any moment. He only perks up when he spies a bit of a turn in the road as the sun begins going down, just off the road lying a large area with naught but dirt, clearly used as a regular camping ground in the walk between the Hamlet and the City of Pentacles.

"We can camp here for the night," he sighs as he wheels his cart over to the area, taking off his pack and pulling out a couple thin blankets, laying them atop each other for a place to rest on. The Eevee gladly makes itself cozy in the fabric, looking around for any predators before lying down for a bit. As the old man begins to get comfortable, a realization dawns on him. "Oh dear. I was expecting others to have set up camp here already, but it looks like we won't be having any other guests with us tonight." Searching through his pack for a moment he turns to you, "And I neglected to bring anything usable for kindling, let alone a proper campfire."

The area you've walked along the road so far has largely been fields, without much in the ways of trees to use for wood. Surely there must be a way to sustain a fire for most of the night?


Reply 9
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisClark13, post: 7098852, member: 120787
Curtis himself starts taking his camping gear out of his backpack, pulling out a small tent, a sleeping bag, an inflatable sleeping mat, a portable gas stove, a gas can for the said stove, and a mess kit- pretty much everything a modern camper (or Trainer) would bring along. He lets the sleeping gear sit on the ground for now as he eagerly pours some water into a tea kettle and sets it to boil. He sits down and picking through a small selection of dehydrated camping foods as he waits. Trying to figure out what he and Annahime would like best.

Meanwhile, the Vulpix in question slinks off of her Trainer's shoulders and lays down to rest until the tent is set up. She lazily watches the blue fire of the camping stove, staring into the tiny flames and watching how they flicker. This day had been... interesting. Her and her trainer's first time going out adventuring and all that. She didn't expect there to be quite so much walking though... and especially not for her trainer to try and force her to do so much of it. And now, here she is sitting in the dirt, why couldn't they have just stayed home...?

Curtis similarly, is lost in thought for a moment- though instead, he's still trying to think about what tasty meal he wants the most. He's got it narrowed down to the Sweet and Sour Pork or the Rice and Alolan-cooked Chicken. When the old man speaks up, Curtis looks over and realizes that he doesn't have much of anything to rest on or even eat. Where's his tent, his traveling food? Oh... he doesn't have much, does he?

Curtis looks down to his selection of premium camping foods his parents paid then grabs the lot as he stands up to go sit down next to the man, "Well, I don't have anything for a campfire either- but I do have that stove over there and these here," Curtis holds up the camping food bags, "I also have a small cooking pot if you wanna make something... Oh, and if you're worried about getting cold you can just use my sleeping bag I guess. Between Annahime over there and this fursuit, I usually just end up sleeping on top of it anyways."

"I mean, what do we need a campfire for anyways?" Curtis jokes


Update 10
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneasel12, post: 7099016, member: 3180
ChrisClark13 - Setting up your own personal camp with almost every possible piece of equipment imaginable for the modern day camper, you set forward to getting down right cozy as you and Annahime prepare for the oncoming night. Meanwhile, your fox makes herself as comfortable as she can laying on the ground for the time being, watching as you work at selecting a good meal, staring back and forth between the Sweet and Sour Pork in one hand an the Rice and Alolan-cooked Chicken in the other. That is, of course, until the old man makes mention of the lack of fire.

Looking around at his lack of proper preparation, you offer up your sleeping back in the event that he is worried about warmth, a thought that he promptly shakes off, waving away the idea. "No, no, it's about more than just being warm. Though I suppose that is always a nice part of having a fire."

Pointing along the road to either end he continues, "It's quite a way away from any settlement here, so we need the fire ward off any would-be predators in the night."

The mention of the word "predators" causes the Eevee to startle for a moment, tucking itself firmly in between the man's two blankets and poking just its nose out to sniff the area. The old man calmly pets the top of the blanket, stroking it softly to calm down the Pokemon, "Now now, don't fret little one. I'm sure we'll think of something to keep us safe tonight."


Reply 10

Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisClark13, post: 7099314, member: 120787
"Oh," Curtis replied. He'd never really had to deal with wild Pokemon getting into his stuff or even just attacking him and Annahime during the night. Though part of it could be that he has a tent, part of it a Pokemon that can spit fire, and the other last part of it is... well, he's pretty sure he's never been this far out from modern civilization before. "Um..." he trails off as he thinks.

So, he could try to cram everyone in his tent? But that'd be a really tight fit and the cart would be left completely unprotected so that's out.

He could look for firewood? But where though?

Maybe take shifts standing to look out for trouble? But... without a fire wouldn't things just sneak up on and around you anyways?

He looks over to Annahime, she can create fire- but for how long through.

"You sure we don't have anything that we can use for a fire? Because, well, the only idea I've got is to see how long me and my Vulpix can stay awake while she puts up Will-o-Wisps to scare things off." Curtis continues to ramble, "I'm pretty sure I've got an energy drink or something in my bag somewhere so I might be able to function in the morning... but she's too small for that much caffeine so we're not going to have her firepower if we run into any trouble. And that's assuming that we even can stay awake that long. That's uh, the best idea I've got." Curtis winces, "maaaybe you can think of something better?"

Just then, the camping kettle starts going off. "Just a moment!" Curtis runs over to it and takes it off the fire just before the whistling would've reached its peak shrillness. He rips open the bag of Sweet and Sour Pork and fills it up with hot water before sealing it up again and giving it a good shake. Curtis calls over to the old man if he wants hot water for anything and if so, puts more hot water on to boil instead of just putting the camping stove away.

As Curtis makes his way back to the old man with the food bag in one and his mess kit in the other (which has a Pokemon food dish), Annahime somehow finds the energy to get annoyingly underfoot.

She got a good whiff of the food and has now realized just how hungry she is. "Hey, hey, calm down it's still cooking" Curtis chides as he sits back down. But the hungry, fat fox will not be swayed. She wants her food and she wants it now. She's even considering just ripping into the bag with Psychic- though that might spill her food all over the dirt so she holds off for now.

He keeps the food bag away from Annahime's hungry jaws as he continues where his conversation left off, "So yeah, staying up all night on watch with Annahime- no, that wasn't the signal that it was ready- here to look out for trouble. Please tell me you can think of a better idea? Maybe there's a place I could find some firewood that's not too far away?"

Update 11
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneasel12, post: 7114379, member: 3180
ChrisClark13 - Gently petting the Eevee to prevent it, too, from jumping at the food you are preparing, the old man listens to your thoughts on the matter of preparing firewood. "I see..." He ponders, unsure of how to help out further. The Eevee then jumps from the man's lap and begins pawing at the dirt nearby, something having caught its attention.

After a short moment of digging, the Eevee returns, a small glimmering yellow stone in its mouth. The man leans down to examine the stone, only for the kit to begin running around in circles, likely wanting to play with its newfound toy. The Eevee rushes over and sets the stone before Annahime, pawing at it repeatedly.

"Oh, I do think that we've found ourselves a fragment of a glowstone!" The man cheers up near immediately. "If it's natural to the area there's sure to be larger chunks nearby." Taking out a small trowel he begins poking at the dirt, ripping up small sections here and there.

Just as your prepared food is becoming ready, the man exclaims once more. "I found a few more bits around. They look like they've chipped off of something much larger." The man glances around the clearing, looking for more of the stone. "But at this rate it will take all night to pull up enough of the stone to actually give us the light we need."

Surely there must be some way to find more of this mysterious glowing crystal, enough to provide a warm glow for your group to sleep safely tonight?

Reply 11
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisClark13, post: 7114388, member: 120787
Curtis leaned in to inspect the glowstone, tapping it gently, "Huh, never seen something like that before- or even heard of it."

Annahime sniffs curiously at the piece of glowstone as well. Was the Eevee trying to give her a gift? Hmm, it does glow- so maybe it's kind of a pretty sort of thing? Annahime picks it up with a Psychic for a moment so she can put the glowstone piece in her head-fluff. Hmm, why yes she does suppose it looks rather nice. She looks at the Eevee and gives them a nod, that'll do that'll- wait what.

Curtis plucks the glowstone out of Annahime's fur, looking it over closer and pressing on it to get a feel for it. Shortly thereafter Annahime plucks it back out of his hands and redecorates herself with it. She huffs indignantly at her Trainer, "Pix!" it was a gift to her! How dare he take it! She growls when he bends down to take the pretty stone back. "Vulll-pix!"

Curtis sighs, looking back at the old man, "Just a moment, Annahime's being testy. She does that when she finds something she likes you see..."

He bends down, keeping his hands away from her. He speaks to her pleadingly, as one would to a misbehaving child, "Annahime, I'm not gonna take it- it's yours okay? But look over there at what the other guy is doing- he's digging up more of those glowstones! I bet if we get enough we can make you a necklace or a tiara out of it, or both! Now, I'm going to help him out, but if you don't help too- then none of what we find will be yours and it'll all go to the Eevee instead- yeah?"

He swears he can see sparkles in her eyes as she considers the possibilities, though at the very least her tails are wagging at the thought. Not even giving her Trainer a quick nod, she runs over to where the old man is digging around and starts tearing holes in the ground best she can with applications of Psychic. She then looks back at her Trainer and motions for him to come over... over to the pile of dirt she's ripped up.

"I think she wants me to pick through it..." Curtis groans.

"Pix! Pix!" she nods. Now he's getting it!

Curtis turns around, rolls his eyes, and gets a shovel of his own out of the camping gear he brought along and comes back. He starts to pick through the mess, then stops. "Annahime, here's a better idea. Just throw what you're digging up into the air and let the dirt blow away- yeah? Then we can just pick up anything that glows that didn't get blown away."

Annahime, pleased that her dumb Trainer can apply his brains to things other than battling (and the fact that they're digging up pretty stones helps too!), nods and starts changes up how she's digging with her Psychic- throwing the clumps of dirt up she's grabbing up into the air. Curtis does the same using the shovel. Though it seems that the job of actually picking up the glowstones falls to him and the others, naturally.

Though there's a quick break to eat, once Curtis realizes that he kind of left his food just sitting there. But after a few minutes of forcing down his meal fast as he can (something Annahime does herself naturally), it's back to work.

He hopes the weird digging method he came up with shows some good results and they can find what they need pretty quickly... because Annahime's not gonna last long at the rate she's using up her energy- even with all that food she just ate.


Update 12
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneasel12, post: 7136920, member: 3180
ChrisClark13 - Annahime, as per usual, takes some convincing to do the one thing necessary to provide the lot of you with a decent night's sleep. But the idea of a shining stone adorning her soft fur seems to be enough incentive to get things rolling as she begins digging up chunks of earth with Psychic energy, tossing it into the air after a bit of coaching to reveal some shining glints here and there. Meanwhile, the Eevee begins frantically running about, collecting the small shining scraps and pawing off any remaining dirt before putting the stones in a pile.

It's a bit of hard work that consumes some time, but soon enough there's a sizable pile of the stones, able to illuminate some ten feet or so around it. Taking out a small pouch of water, the older man washes off his hands before making camp around the stone, motioning for you to do the same.

"It's later than I would have liked, but we should be able to get going fairly early after a good night's sleep." He comments, laying down, the small brown fox cuddling up next to him for the night.

Annahime, meanwhile, begins dragging your sleeping bag over with Psychic, trying to position it by the stones, ready for rest herself after all that exertion. Taking a nice resting position near the stone, she stares into the pile, the soft glow reflecting off of her lustrous fur while revealing some eyes in the distance that it reflects off of momentarily before whatever predators are out there move along for the night.


Reply 12
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisClark13, post: 7165067, member: 120787
Curtis would rather be in the tent he brought, but whatever- he's too tired to put up a fight against Annahime's pushiness right now. Besides, wasn't sleeping next to that pile of rocks is supposed to be safer right now, right? Annahime, already curled up on the sleeping bag, seems to have forgotten a few things- namely the sleeping mat and the pillow. He lets out a sigh and walks the short distance to his tent to go grab them.

Meanwhile, Annahime picks up some of the shining stones with her Psychic grip and lifts them up. She tries for a while to arrange them into different floating patterns; however, much to her annoyance, trying to do beyond a very simple pattern quickly becomes very difficult. She keeps at it for a while longer anyway, at least until she starts feeling a headache from the psychic strain of it. She's about to set the shining stones back down but notices the Eevee lying over there. She wonders what the other fox would look like with the shining stones adorning their fur as well, wondering if they would even like that.

She's not quite sure where the thought came from, but she supposes the other brown fox did help after all. Maybe her dumb trainer's rubbing off on her or something- maybe because she's sure that somehow her dumb trainer is going to end up bringing that Eevee home at some point so she might as well play nice with it. Anyhow, she starts to carefully place some of the shining stones one by one on top of the Eevee- covering their back and (if the Eevee doesn't object) putting some in its tail. There, the other fox is all pretty now.

Curtis, having come back just in time to see this rare act of generosity from Annahime, lets out a soft "Aaaaawwww" and gives his Vulpix a pat on the head. "Knew you had it in you to be a good girl," he softly teases, giving her a scratch under the chin. "Now if you'll excuse me a moment..." he says, tugging on the sleeping bag to lay it out on top of the sleeping mat. Stubbornly, Annahime doesn't move at all and just stares blankly at him as he sets up for the night and finally gets into the sleeping bag.

Soon, both trainer and Pokemon are fast asleep...


Update 13
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneasel12, post: 7188347, member: 3180
ChrisClark13 - With Annahime now comfortable and the old man more or less shut up about the state of the camp, despite himself being the one that came unprepared, it's time for some rest. After giving the Eevee a bit of decoration, Annahime stubbornly refuses to move as you finish actually setting up to sleep, having been rather comfortable atop the sleeping bag alone. Regardless, she does decide to cozy up after you actually finish setting up, and nods off to sleep in a timely manner.

"Hey kid!" A shout jolts you quickly from your slumber. "Get up already or we'll be late!"

Looking about, it's still decidedly dark out, though the stars in the sky are beginning to fade, so it's likely to be dawn soon enough. Despite the fact that it is still incredibly early, however, the old man seems completely prepared. He chews on what appears to be a soft jerky of some sort, taking tally of the items in the cart as he prepares to leave. The Eevee pokes its head playfully out of the cart, still adorned in small stones, before jumping out and rushing over to you, pouncing directly onto your stomach as further warning not to be left behind, the resulting impact startling Annahime somewhat and causing her to lazily roll out of the sleeping bag to check the surroundings, only to stare about bewildered as to why it's some gods forsaken early.

"It's a half hour trek to our next stop and I want to be there before dawn!" The old man shouts once more at you. "That means you've got about ten minutes to get ready and get some food in you before we're back out on the road."

The Eevee confirms this timeframe, hopping back towards the cart playfully before pulling what appears to be a Sitrus Berry out of the man's pack and letting out a happy squeal of a "Vee!" before slowly nibbling on the food as it waits to get back on the road.


Reply 13
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisClark13, post: 7193671, member: 120787
Curtis half-cracks his eyes open, groaning like a zombie, "Huuuuwhaaaaa?" His half-awake brain pushes through the fog surrounding it just enough to register that... it's not that bright yet outside. The trainer's eyes drift back shut as his mind starts to sink back into unconsciousness.

Unfortunately, it seems that the Eevee he'd been trying to befriend has other plans.

Curtis is caught completely off guard by the ball of fluff that catapults itself into his stomach. In reaction to the air being forced out of his lungs, his body flips onto its side curls itself into a ball. He starts coughing and gasping for air, his body thinking that he was suffocating for just a moment there. His mind takes a few seconds to catch up as he groans from pain, "Augh why.... I'm up, I'm up..." Unfortunately, he was no stranger to being woken up by impatient Pokemon- at his parent's house had been a particularly impatient Mightyena that would wake him up in much the same way... and if that didn't work it would literally drag him out of bed.

Annahime yaps unhappily as she's sent tumbling off to one side, but she's quick to pick herself up. Luckily, she didn't really see what just happened otherwise she'd be mad at the Eevee for waking them up. Well, angrier than she already is that the thing seems to be a morning Pokemon. Hadn't it ever heard of the concept of... well, beauty sleep or just that it's actually unnatural to be that full of energy this early in the morning?

Blearily, she looks to her human to see that he seems to be getting up too now with many a groan and a moan- like a normal person instead of whatever that Eevee is. Grumpily, she yawns and stretches out.

As Curtis peels the sleeping bag off of him, he nods along at the old man's words, "Give me a minute." Ten minutes? Why hadn't the geezer gotten them up earlier? It's gonna take all of that, maybe more, to pack all this up. Looks like it's trail mix and jerky for breakfast- which well, isn't all that bad really.

Annahime waddles over to join the Eevee as they all pack up. Seeing as it got its breakfast from the old human's pack, maybe there'd be something in there she could eat too? A berry or two does sound nice about now. She attempts to simply walk up and shove her face into the pack, sniffing and looking for something yummy to eat. She does spare a glance back at her Trainer, just to confirm that he's too busy taking down camp to stop her from sticking her nose in where it doesn't belong.

Curtis packs up as quick as he can as he stuffs some food in his pockets for later. As soon as he's done, he walks up to the old man, "Alright- all ready to go! Don't worry, I've got some stuff in my pockets I'll eat along the way."

__________________


If I had to leave to disappear and leave this world behind, no matter-
All I'd need is your smile
And I wouldn't even mind

Hawke | Leo


Last edited by Lil'twick; 04-28-2021 at 12:16 PM.
Lil'twick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 01:44 AM   #4
Lil'twick
Stardust
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Albion
Posts: 4,429
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Ongoing Adventures Pt 2

mespritchaser
Spoiler: show
Adventure Start
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by mespritchaser, post: 7174326, member: 120224
The Arcane Realm is a place not unknown to Revel, but it's somewhere she hadn't been before. Now that she's able to explore different places without hindrances (and a few experiences in her arsenal), she took the opportunity to take her next adventure at this place called The Land of Cups, known as the jewel of the Arcane Realm. She wasn't sure if that particular title drew her in, but the more she read about it, the more she wanted to see it for herself.

Her interest was particularly piqued by something called the Desert of Stars. A desert, Revel thought to herself. I've definitely never been in one before. This was a different land from what she was used to, which was usually filled with people. She knew that reading about it, especially since it mentioned meteorites and 'otherworldly experiences' that some people have encountered. It sounded daunting, but very intriguing, and that unfamiliarity definitely would not deter her. She's finally given an opportunity to be a Trainer and an explorer. She had to see what's up about this place.

The thing is, the Desert of Stars was far up north, so naturally it takes many days of travel. The Trainer isn't sure how long her trio has been travelling now, but it's definitely been a while. Her Piplup Chachi and Applin Alfie are walking close by to her, a bit exhausted, but patient in moving forward. Even Chachi, who is always looking for excitement, is trudging on with few complaints - though the most would be how slow his companions were at times. The unfamiliar terrain did not hinder his thrill of adventure.

Alfie, on the other hand, is a little more timid and walks closer to his Trainer (or even Chachi, if Chachi walked slow enough). All his life, he's lived among a grove of berry trees, and has never been elsewhere aside from that. He also has new companions as well, and none of them were round or small or looked like the fruits that grew on his home.

Still, whenever his Trainer stops to take in the view of the mountains shaped like cups (hence its name), Alfie would look at the view with her. He doesn't quite understand what it entails exactly, but it helps him get used to the new terrains they've been walking on. Revel knows that the Appletun does not have the adventurous spirit that her Piplup had, or at least not yet. "Not that much trees around, huh?" Revel says. Alfie would nod slowly as he looked around, seeing only mountains and unfamiliar plants that could only thrive in dry environments. Different. Very different.

"This is a new place for me too," Revel says to no one in particular, both her Pokemon at her side. "I wonder what's in it for us here?"

They continue walking slightly further, and just as Revel thought about taking a break, she notices the first few meteorites around the desert. Or maybe they were regular rocks? She isn't sure if she's able to tell the difference. Either way, she hopes that her trio finally made it to their destination.

"I wonder if that's..." Revel says to herself, before she notices Chachi running excitedly towards a nearby rock. "Chachi! Don't touch that!" Chachi stops before he reaches the rock, and pouts at his Trainer. "I mean, we should be careful," Revel continues. "We don't know what kind of power or side effect we could get from touching these things." Understanding the warning but disappointed he doesn't get to touch, Chachi crosses his fins, settling for staring at the rock (for now). Alfie simply tilts his head in curiosity.


FB Profile


Update 1
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl's Perap, post: 7178161, member: 5314
Having travelled across the Arcane Realm for so long that you and your party had lost all sense and track of time, it soon became apparent to each of you that you must be arriving in the area known as the Desert of Stars. Since pressing North, the terrain had become more desolate and craggy, littered with boulders, hardy shrubs and small rocks that glinted in the sunlight as you passed them by. The ground itself was made up of a course sand mixed with tiny fragments of stone, making the walk feel like twice the exertion.

Pressing on with the mountains at the side of you, Chachi and Alfie, the three of you follow a slight sloping incline in the terrain to the top of a wide mesa. Reaching its flat top, the three of you are taken aback at the sheer amount of boulders that seemed to have accumulated there. Wanting to get a closer look, Chachi points a flipper and you choose to walk in and amongst the rocks. Every last boulder was an ashy grey colour against the sand, each one roughly the same size and shape as the next: almost perfectly rounded.

As you walk between the many spherical boulders, you start to get the funny feeling that something is watching you. After encountering nothing but your Piplup and Appletun on your way here, it could just be your mind playing tricks on you but you can shake the peculiar feeling nonetheless. Pressing onwards across the mesa, your suspicions that something has been following the three of you are confirmed when a flash of pink darts between several boulders to your right before dashing in front of you as you turn around to look.

"Clef!" a small squeak of a voice comes from behind a boulder to your left that looked to be a slightly darker shade of grey to the rest, prompting Chachi to take off and investigate. In a moment, the Piplup quickly reappears with what could only be described as a puzzled look upon his face. Following the plucky penguin behind the rock, you are surprised when you see what your Piplup had encountered: a small square door made out of metal was built in to the rear side of the boulder.

What will you do?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl's Perap, post: 7178161, member: 5314
Having travelled across the Arcane Realm for so long that you and your party had lost all sense and track of time, it soon became apparent to each of you that you must be arriving in the area known as the Desert of Stars. Since pressing North, the terrain had become more desolate and craggy, littered with boulders, hardy shrubs and small rocks that glinted in the sunlight as you passed them by. The ground itself was made up of a course sand mixed with tiny fragments of stone, making the walk feel like twice the exertion.

Pressing on with the mountains at the side of you, Chachi and Alfie, the three of you follow a slight sloping incline in the terrain to the top of a wide mesa. Reaching its flat top, the three of you are taken aback at the sheer amount of boulders that seemed to have accumulated there. Wanting to get a closer look, Chachi points a flipper and you choose to walk in and amongst the rocks. Every last boulder was an ashy grey colour against the sand, each one roughly the same size and shape as the next: almost perfectly rounded.

As you walk between the many spherical boulders, you start to get the funny feeling that something is watching you. After encountering nothing but your Piplup and Appletun on your way here, it could just be your mind playing tricks on you but you can shake the peculiar feeling nonetheless. Pressing onwards across the mesa, your suspicions that something has been following the three of you are confirmed when a flash of pink darts between several boulders to your right before dashing in front of you as you turn around to look.

"Clef!" a small squeak of a voice comes from behind a boulder to your left that looked to be a slightly darker shade of grey to the rest, prompting Chachi to take off and investigate. In a moment, the Piplup quickly reappears with what could only be described as a puzzled look upon his face. Following the plucky penguin behind the rock, you are surprised when you see what your Piplup had encountered: a small square door made out of metal was built in to the rear side of the boulder.

What will you do?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl's Perap, post: 7178161, member: 5314
Having travelled across the Arcane Realm for so long that you and your party had lost all sense and track of time, it soon became apparent to each of you that you must be arriving in the area known as the Desert of Stars. Since pressing North, the terrain had become more desolate and craggy, littered with boulders, hardy shrubs and small rocks that glinted in the sunlight as you passed them by. The ground itself was made up of a course sand mixed with tiny fragments of stone, making the walk feel like twice the exertion.

Pressing on with the mountains at the side of you, Chachi and Alfie, the three of you follow a slight sloping incline in the terrain to the top of a wide mesa. Reaching its flat top, the three of you are taken aback at the sheer amount of boulders that seemed to have accumulated there. Wanting to get a closer look, Chachi points a flipper and you choose to walk in and amongst the rocks. Every last boulder was an ashy grey colour against the sand, each one roughly the same size and shape as the next: almost perfectly rounded.

As you walk between the many spherical boulders, you start to get the funny feeling that something is watching you. After encountering nothing but your Piplup and Appletun on your way here, it could just be your mind playing tricks on you but you can shake the peculiar feeling nonetheless. Pressing onwards across the mesa, your suspicions that something has been following the three of you are confirmed when a flash of pink darts between several boulders to your right before dashing in front of you as you turn around to look.

"Clef!" a small squeak of a voice comes from behind a boulder to your left that looked to be a slightly darker shade of grey to the rest, prompting Chachi to take off and investigate. In a moment, the Piplup quickly reappears with what could only be described as a puzzled look upon his face. Following the plucky penguin behind the rock, you are surprised when you see what your Piplup had encountered: a small square door made out of metal was built in to the rear side of the boulder.

What will you do?
Reply 1
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by mespritchaser, post: 7183142, member: 120224
“Spheres,” Revel whispers to herself in awe. They were more boulders than spheres in themselves, but it still left the three of them amazed. Is this it? Or, where are we? Are these the ‘stars’? Even Chachi’s eyes are glued to the weird, almost perfect round shape, and doesn’t move an inch.

Alfie is the first one who comes to his senses, carefully walking ahead of the group. Chachi then catches up to him and points to a path among the boulders. “Pip! Pip!” Revel affirms the Piplup. “I knew you were onto something, Chachi.” Alfie looks towards the direction of the path and agrees with a low “Tun.” “Even Alfie thinks so,” Revel chuckles. “Let’s check it out.”

As they walk, the trio observes the boulders surrounding them: each one about the same shape as the last, and all with about the same grey color. What landed here that made all these boulders look almost perfectly alike? Revel already formed that thought in her head earlier, but seeing them up close made her wonder even more.

A tingle goes down the Trainer’s neck, and she quickly looks around her. She expects someone (or some thing) to be watching them, but she doesn’t see anyone else. It’s just her and her two Pokemon companions. Maybe it’s just the vibe I get from this place that’s all sorts of weird, Revel thinks to herself. What do I expect? She momentarily shakes off the feeling and continues walking.

“Tun!” Not even a long while later, Alfie gasps in surprise when a flash of pink darts speeds across them from the right. To the left, where the flash headed toward, the trio hears a small squeak. “Clef!” All three are surprised, but Chachi runs to investigate the sound, which seems to come from a boulder that was a darker shade of grey from the rest.

“Pip..?” Chachi returns from his quick investigation, looking confused. “What is it, Chachi?” Revel asks as she and Alfie run to his spot, and her question is immediately answered by the sight of the small square metal door built on the boulder’s rear.

“...Tun?” Alfie asks Chachi, unsure of what to make of what he was seeing. “Pip… Pip?” Chachi is at his most puzzled in their trek so far, looking around for whatever the flash of pink was. Revel did not even have time to process that the weird feeling she had earlier was right, because her view now raised more questions than answers. The flash of pink that they saw earlier was nowhere to be seen either, but… could this door be the reason why?

“I think…” Revel begins, her Appletun and Piplup looking at her for their next step. “Okay. I think we’re really onto something here.” She looks at Chachi, who has been constantly insistent on looking at the boulders. Chachi’s eyes sparkle upon realizing that he can touch the boulder this time. Revel nods. “Alright, peck lightly at that door three times, like we’re knocking. If nothing answers after a while, try opening it. Alfie, stay next to Chachi and get ready in case anything comes out.”

Nodding at his Trainer, Chachi’s determination returns and he inspects the door for a bit. Alfie, inspired by his companions, also nods at his Trainer and stands firm next to Chachi and anticipates whatever happens next. Revel watches the events unfold, keeping an eye on both her Pokemon.

Then, Chachi lightly pecks at the door thrice.


Update 2
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl's Perap, post: 7188312, member: 5314
With no sight of the pink flash that you had recently spotted amongst the boulders, you have a hunch that the peculiar door you have encountered might hold the answer to its disappearance. With Chachi commanded to deliver a polite knock to the strange portal, you collectively hold your breath as the plucky penguin gladly steps forward to rap upon the door thrice. The seconds that follow Chachi's knock seem to stretch out with nothing until you hear a faint clattering noise coming from behind it. Despite this, no answer comes to the Piplup's knock and he proceeds with the next step of your plan.

With no knob to speak of, Chachi steps up to the door and slides his flippers along each of its sides. If it was a door, it would have to have some way of opening and it wasn't long before the young penguin found the solution. Along one side of the door, a small button was hidden in an indentation in the metal and, upon spotting this, Chachi gives it a quick poke with his beak. With a metallic whoosh, the door swings outwards and a familiar squeak rings out from within.

"Please don't hurt us!" Another voice, strangely human, comes from within the sphere and a small turquoise hand feebly attempts to pull the door closed but appears to retreat at the sight of Chachi. Not planning to harm whoever the voices belonged to, your Piplup gets closer and peers into the dark within the boulder and you carefully approach the doorway yourself. In front of the space, you suddenly spot the cause of the pink blur. Inside the boulder looks to be what you can only describe as the sophisticated trappings of a spaceship, with levers and contraptions aplenty as well as a pair of small Pokémon: a cowering Cleffa and a young Elgyem.

"We come in peace. My friend and her sister came here in search of a gift for their mother... but we got separated." The human voice before appears to be coming from the Elgyem, his beady eyes aglow as the words apparently form directly in your mind. The Cleffa corroborates this, hopping forwards to vaguely point out into the distance beyond the plateau. Given that you and your Piplup are not posing a threat to you, the Elgyem steps forward into the doorway, albeit still nervously:

"We're smart but we're not exactly tough so... we really could do with some help."

"Clef?" The young Star Shape Pokémon peeks out from behind the equally sheepish Elgyem. Though she was shy and quite clearly scared by yours and your Piplup's intrusion, it seemed that she was imploring you with her eyes from the safe spot behind her friend. Looking up to you with similar eyes of his own, Chachi chirps up at you and awaits your decision.

What will you do?


Update 3
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl's Perap, post: 7204877, member: 5314
The decision to assist the young travellers comes as a welcome relief to the Cleffa who had tried her best to implore you and your Pokémon friends and the Baby Pokémon chirps happily, dancing up and down before remembering herself and her predicament. You can sense the Elgyem's similar relief as well as you watch the little green man offer a hand-like appendage to Chachi as a way of a greeting, the Psychic type choosing to follow this up by bowing slightly through the doorway in the rock to you and your Appletun.

With your offer of help quickly accepted, the Cleffa leaps into action before you. Given that you don't speak her language, the Star Shape Pokémon attempts to mime what she needs to tell you to the very best of her ability, hopping this way and that before hiding behind a nearby boulder. From what you can gather, she seemed to be imitating some sort of monstrous creature, using her tiny hands to emulate something with horns... or perhaps tusks. Her Elgyem companion watches yours and your Pokémon's reactions as the odd pantomime takes place and takes stock of things before stopping the Cleffa in her tracks.

"What Cleffa is saying is that there are dangerous creatures out there and she believes her sister has been snatched up by one."

At the telepathically shared words of the Cerebral Pokémon, the Cleffa nodded, her hands quick to imitate the monster once again. This time, she motions away from the safety of their vessel and once you have followed her, she begins to point down one of the sloping sides of the rock formation that you all found yourself gathered upon. Not all too far away, it looked as if there was the mouth of a cave in the sloping rock and this is where you realise the Baby is highlighting to you.

"We think she could be in th-"

The alien's implanted words stop abruptly and you realise that something is suddenly quite wrong. Before you or your team mates can react, the Cleffa loses her footing at the edge of the slope and begins to tumble down in the direction of the cavern opening. As she does, Elgyem leaps forwards to gape aghast at his companion's slide into the abyss before turning to you with tears instantly forming in his wide eyes.

What will you do?



Sneaze
Spoiler: show

Adventure Start
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneasel12, post: 7073125, member: 3180
The Lake of the Moon, an interesting landmark within the Arcane Realm to be sure. The rumored changing of the topography with the moon's phases drew Michael here to examine the site, with scant little else on his plate at the moment. Surely something was behind the unnatural state of the body of water, something he could deal with in a timely manner. At least, perhaps he could were he not escorting a small army of fresh out of the egg Pichu. Five of his six baby mice were present, Annie, Angela, Asher, Axel, and Andrew, with the youngest of the siblings, Aren, left at home with their parents for now. The rambunctious scamps were proving to be a bit of a distraction already, climbing up and down the man's hoodie, swinging from the chains on his pants, and just being generally overly playful scampering about, forcing him to keep a regular eye on the group. Surely he could at least get some research done here and come back later to deal with the root problem, right?

Scooping Angela up and placing her on his right shoulder causes an almost immediate reaction in the group, the lot of them ceasing their play to climb up the man's body and perch atop him. With Asher winning the race to cling to the top of Michael's head, Annie and Andrew decide to rest for the moment in his lowered hood, while Axel takes his other shoulder for his vantage point. The group temporarily calmed, Michael finally begins his approach to the lake, ready to look for clues to begin uncovering the mysteries surrounding this very surreal body of water.


Update 1
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liltwick, post: 7073181, member: 83117
Sneasel12-

The Lake of the Moon. Number 18 in the recognized landmarks of the Arcane Realm. A place of mysteries based on the cycle of the moon, but they can also be said to just be illusions as well. It was best to come into this place with a clear mind, instead of being deluded about what you might actually find here.

With your horde of Pichu at your side, you make your way towards the shores of the lake. The water was crystal clear, reflecting everything with perfect clarity. It gently ebbed and flowed across the sands of the shore, and you could see a few boats on the water. Fishermen, ready to harvest the fish that made this place its home.

At this angle you would notice one thing, that there was a darker spot of water that seemed impossible to see through. It was this brilliant shade of royal blue, but no light seemed to penetrate the waters. It was in the shape of a waning crescent, just like how the moon was the night before. At the least that phenomena was accurate. But the temple and the so called "King of the Lake" wasn't so sure. No one has seen the former and its reported that any who challenged the later turned up as chum the day after.

It was then you noticed a small boat tethered to the shore, attached to a rusty iron rod. The rope was made of a material you could not identify at a glance, but the boat was obvious enough. Ebonwood, or Ebony, was a powerful wood in terms of magical theory. It was a conduit from spells of powerful destruction, but was able to absorb curses incredibly well. No one was near this lone boat, and it seemed too new to have been sitting here for a while.

With nothing else out of the ordinary at this time, seems like this was your best bet. Your Pichus also looked a little curious about the boat, but none of them left your side to go investigate it. It looked innocuous enough, but there was no way of knowing unless you investigated it.

What do you do?


Reply 1
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneasel12, post: 7074184, member: 3180
Staring over at the deep blue water, Michael is entranced by the shape of the lake having taken the form of the moon from the previous night. But before he can muse on it for too long his eye catches sight of a small boat of Ebonwood, a rope attached to lead to a rusted iron rod tethering the boat to shore. Between the lot, while he didn't recognize the material of the rope, what worried him most was the fact that the iron has become rusted while the boat was so new. Was this simply an old rod being re-used, or was the boat simply older than its fresh appearance gave hint to?

Michael wasn't the only one perturbed by the vessel, Alexander climbing out of his hood to look closely at the boat, while Angela took his place next to their sister in the man's hood, even going so far as to pull the hood up over the two of them slightly to provide a place for the sisters to hide. Noticing the Pichus hadn't made a rush to play with the boat, Michael places both Asher and Axel on the ground to see how they react, only for the both of them to back up behind his legs for shelter. At least the lot of them had good instincts.

Deciding he was unlikely to get any further information from a cursory glance, the man went to see if he could remove the iron rod from the ground to see how the boat would react to no longer being tethered to shore. He would much rather avoid touching the boat itself for now until he understood what enchantments might be at play here first.


Update 2
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liltwick, post: 7074652, member: 83117
Sneaze-

You, and the horde, go and investigate the rusted iron rod tethering the boat to shore. It seemed harmless enough, and it looked like that the boat was freshly tied to the post. On closer inspection you could see various different scrape marks from different kinds of rope on the rod. Though, it certainly was strange that an something as old as this was used to keep something as new as the boat to stay ashore.

You then heard footsteps running towards you, and the horde instinctively moves to form a protective barrier around you. A figure soon comes into view carrying a load of fishing supplies and then stops about 30 ft in front of you panting. It was a younger woman wearing a pink angler's vest, a pink hat with sunglasses on it. Her eyes were a vibrant green and she kept her blonde hair in twin tails.

"Ahh what are you doing with my boat I jsut had that made oh my god oh my god I knew I shouldn't have stopped my alarm!!!!" she yelled ut, almost not being able to breath between her words. She then hung her head and collected herself.

"Hi, I'm Haley. Third generation angler for the Fisher family!" She introduced her self, winking with a cheeky smile while giving a thumbs up.

"I don't know what you and your Pichus were doing with my boat, but if you excuse me I need to get out on the lake," she stated as she headed for the boat. The horde, with varying reactions, make their way to block off her path. She examines them, and notices the worry on Annie's face.

"Okay darlings, I'll be fine. My boat's cursed, sure, but it's a curse to prevent people that aren't part of my family from using it," she boasted, her eyes shining with mischief. "It's also blessed to give us bigger hauls. Why it looks so new, well, I happened to have it touched up by one of the woodworkers at the port city. Now, if you excuse me, I must be going."

She then jumped over your horde, took the rope, and pushed it off from shore. Seems that solved the mystery of the boat, but nothing really to incline towards the mystery of the lake. She did mention the port city... And your horde seemed interested in that as well. But from this lake, its about a three day's trip on foot. There was always the idea to try and explore the rest of the Land of Cups. Surely there were some magical phenomena that wasn't based on the lunar cycle you could observe.

What do you do?


Reply 2
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneasel12, post: 7075321, member: 3180
Just as he was piecing together the puzzle of the rather oddly new boat, a young woman came running up shouting to get away from the vessel, decked out in pink and shouting about her alarm for some reason or another. Michael chose to just give the woman a quizzical look before she began to collect herself and give a short but rather cheery introduction, only to immediately begin dashing at the boat to get onto the lake.

Much to Michael's surprise, the entire horde of Pichu moved to block her path, clearly concerned about her safety aboard the vessel. She moves to lessen their worries, explaining that the curse only affected those not of her family, to which Michael could only be grateful that he had shown some restraint instead of attempting to board the boat right off. Of course, her comment goes immediately to the wayside as she simply jumps over the Pichus and runs up and into the boat before leaving shore.

"What an odd woman..." Michael mumbled out, waving his hands to attract the attention of the Pichus, who stop staring out at the woman disappearing into the water and collect around their trainer. "Right. We have a lead of some kind, but it's quite a ways away. Alternatively, we could look around this area some more to see if we can pick up on something else."

The idea of a split decision sent the Pichus into a frenzy, the group arguing with each other over where to go, causing the tossing of small yellow bodies through the dirt as the debate began to get physical.

"Okay, okay, let's take this to a vote." He chuckled, holding out both of his hands. "Touch the right hand if you want take the long walk to go over to the docks, and touch the left hand if you want to stay here in the Land of Cups."

Staring up at the man's hands for a moment, the Pichu begin to think, before Annie runs up and places her paw on his right hand. Axel is next, taking his left, quickly followed by Angela to the very same hand. Andrew thinks before placing his paw on the right hand. Now being the tie breaker, Asher looks back and forth at the hands, before sticking his tongue out at Axel and running over to the right hand, eliciting a chuckle from the trainer.

"Well, that's the vote."

Michael then begins collecting the Pichu on his shoulders and in his hood once more, and moves to make his long walk to the far off docks in search of more information on this boat.


Update 3
Spoiler: show

[/QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liltwick, post: 7079835, member: 83117
Sneaze-

With your brief meeting with Haley over with, you ponder over what direction to take now that the mystery of the boat was solved. As soon as you mentioned it, the horde immediately start to fight within itself. Ear pulling, punching, kicking, you name it. These Pichus wanted their voices heard and they would do anything to make sure theirs was the right one. Seeing it devolving into a mess, you decide to hold a democratic vote. Two of your Pichu vote to stay within the Land of Cups, and three of them decide to venture off to the City of Pentacles.

Taking the road you used to get here, you end up back onto the Fool's Path. It was the main road through the Arcane Realm, and branched off towards every major area before ending at the World Tree. Heading towards the city, you end up passing by multiple trainers and travelers as they head towards the various attractions of the Arcane Realm.

Of course, the scenery wasn't changing much now. This was a huge place, and exploring the entirety of the Arcane Realm could very easily take months. Some people even stated they've experienced a strange phenomena that they felt there were locked in one place for a year, even so no time seemed to have passed while they were there.

After what felt like a few hours, probably was as the sun was starting to cross the sky and set, you notice a peculiar sight on the road. A young trainer, no more than about the age of ten, was sitting on the side of the road. Was a common enough sight, but the appearance was what caught your eye.

They were wearing a brown hoodie that had a zigzagging cream pattern on the bottom part of the jacket. The other thing was that the hood itself had two brown, cream tipped ears jutting out. It looked like someone took an Eevee and made it into clothing. Surrounding this trainer were five Eevees, who seemed to have noticed the Pichu horde accompanying you. They all bark in happiness and eagerly jump up to play with your Pichu.

At this rate the trainer notices what was going on and runs after them, but they were too late. The Eevees barrel into you, causing your horde to become loose. At this rate its was just udder chaos.

"I-I'm sorry sir. They don't like to be in their balls and they just want to play. They're all very young and I'm new to this whole thing I'm sorry." The trainer explains, apologizing profusely. At this point you're able to tell that this was a young boy. Seemed like he needed some help with managing five of the same species at once.

What do you do?


Reply 3
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneasel12, post: 7093095, member: 3180
After easily hours of walking back along the Fool's Path toward the City of Pentacles, Michael was starting to get a bit bored of the barely changing scenery, and even the faces that passed him by from time to time seemed to blend together like unimportant silhouettes of the side characters of his life. At least, up until he spotted a younger trainer to the side of the road, dressed in a hoodie designed after another Pokemon. Michael wasn't about to judge, his horned hood still hanging back behind his neck to allow sleeping space for the Pichu as they took turns walking and napping, tuckering themselves out fairly easily along the path.

Of course, it wasn't about to be his choice whether or not to simply pass by the boy, a small pack of Eevee pepping up and barking before barreling into him and nearly knocking him off his feet, the collection of sleeping Pichu jostled by the knock and sent tumbling to the ground to awaken, most immediately jumping into play while Angela instead stared about groggily before attempting to hide behind her trainer's legs.

The young boy apologized profusely and then some for the interference, noting that the kits were all young in and of themselves and that he was rather inexperienced. Rubbing the back of his neck, Michael wondered who would allow such a young trainer to watch over five young and excitable Pokemon with no supervision. It was disaster waiting to happen, really.

Scooping Angela up and holding her in one arm, the man figured he'd give some form of advice on the situation. "Well, yeah, it can be tricky to get a hang of watching after a group of Pokemon." Shifting Angela into his hood he continues, "But even the most excitable group has its share of differences. It's about finding out what makes each one tick so you know how they'll react to certain things."

Nodding to Angela he clarifies, "For example this one here loves playing but is probably just a bit worried your Eevee might get her fur dirty. Not usually a problem but we're quite a ways away from town and a proper washroom."

Pointing around at the group, his point is made a bit more cleanly, "I've got show-offs and trouble makers, ones who want to play and ones who want to scrap. Even they way they react to a brand new Pokemon to them like Eevee is completely different for each of them."

"So, knowing what my Pichu want from their little play time, what is it your Eevee care about so much that they'd nearly knock me off my feet?"


Update 4
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liltwick, post: 7093180, member: 83117
Sneaze-

Seeing that the boy really had no control over his Eevees, you let your horde play with the other horde. Hordes within hordes within hordes. Well, this was really beginning to become a giant mess, wasn't it? At least everyone besides Angela was ready and willing to play. You do explain, though, that she's primarily hesitant that the only reason why is that she likes to be clean. You then ask him why his Eevees would knock you off of your feet.

"I-I don't really know being honest. Ever since I got them they've overall been rambunctious. Let's see here..." he starts looking through the crowd and picks up one of the Eevees. You could see a heart-shaped pattern on its tail, and it was wearing a pink collar.

"This is Nara. She's the first one I got, and well she's the one closest to me. SHe's kind and motherly, and seems to have this sort of radiance to her, like the morning sun," he states and then sets her down. You can see her go over to Annie and start to gently play with the Pichu. Seems Nara could tell Annie was a little easily spooked, and worked to assuage the little Pichu when she did.

He then grabs another one, this one with a blue collar. you could tell be the star-pattern on the tail that this was a male Eevee. "T-this is, uh, Aquarius. Or, Aqua for sure. I don't know why but he likes to get wet a lot and tends to be very, uh, naughty nature," the boy states with a tinge of embarrassment. The Eevee rocked its bod as it jumped out of the boy's arms and immediately tackled down Asher. You could tell the two of them being together was going to be a disaster.

The third one had a yellow color and had a mohawk on his head. It was weird, to say the least. "He's Spike. He seems really into hardcore music and generally rocking out," the younger trainer states as the Eevee flops over. Seems he was also quite lazy. This intrigued Andrew, who was confused about why the Eevee was so different and not really moving. The Pichu went to go fidget with the mohawk, while the Eevee cared not.

And then there was another in his arms. This one had a light blue collar, and their fur was really shiny looking. You could tell this Eevee liked to be well-groomed and present themselves in a beautiful manner. "This is Forrest! He likes to be groomed up and fancy!" The boy exclaims as he sets this one down. Immediately he walks pompously towards Angela and starts to help her clean up to play. Seemed that nothing dirty would happen with him around.

And the final Eevee had a green collar with a heart-shaped tail. Seemed this was his other girl. "And last, but certainly not least, is Celty. She likes to just chill out and enjoy the surroundings around her." And with that last introduction, she carefully jumps from his arms and goes towards Axel. The two of them start playing at a casual place, but you could see the Eevee glare at the other two trouble makers every so often.

"And for me, my name is Shawn. I just want to become a good trainer and eventually own every eeveelution. I heard first-timers tend to follow this path, but I still really haven't found a direction that interests me. If you could, uh, give me pointers on how to keep a group of Pokemon more well behaved, I'd appreciate it, sir!" He stammers out, a little embarrassed after the long list of introductions.

"Oh, um, sorry to be rude, but I never got your name did I?"

How do you respond?



Circus
Spoiler: show

Adventure Start
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circus, post: 7177617, member: 127920
[COLOR=rgb(41, 105, 176)]Kekoa took a deep breath as he watched the long road ahead of him.

In the distance, he could see a large castle and the luminous glint of gothic mosaics in the sunlight, and a snow-capped mountain range. To one side, he could see the border of a woods, who seemed to go on forever. To the other, he saw a large tower by the coast, piercing the clouds without sign of stopping.

He broke into a grin. There was so much to see in this place, but yet it was … somewhat nostalgic. It reminded him of his first adventure into the wild so long ago.

“Kong,” Kekoa said, stopping Grookey’s attempt at performing a drum solo with nothing but a stick and a couple of rocks “where do you think we should go?”

Kong looked at the landscape before tilting his head and chattering. “You also don’t have a clue, huh?” Kekoa said, laughing a bit as he stretched. Scratching his chin, he thought about the issue for a while before defaulting to the age-old method of hard decisions.

“Eenie meenie miney moe …” he recited the nursery rhyme, before stopping at the castle. “I guess that’s as good as place as any.” he shrugged before breaking into a lazy walk towards it.

The monkey quickly put away its stick and climbed up to its shoulder. They continued in their way, humming a little ditty without a care in the world as they awaited for the next big step in their journey.[/COLOR]

(OOC: Member thread since apparently I don't have enough posts for a signature yet)


Update 1
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteiri, post: 7191032, member: 88404
Circus

A castle on the horizon, almost sounded like something out of a fairy tale. You chuckled to yourself at the thought, making your way towards it with your trusty Grookey by your side, perched atop your shoulder. Life was but a carefree romp, and you were excited to explore anywhere and everywhere that you could muster. You wondered what sights the castle would have in store, what the halls would have to learn, what smells you could siphon from the aged rock walls. You closed your eyes, tossing your arms behind your head as you kept walking. Maybe they had a fantastic kitchen... you could practically feel yourself drooling as you walked, you had been totally clocked it if it wasn't for the sudden monkey screech in your ear.

You opened your eyes fast, seeing you had stumbled into the middle of some sort of training. A Rapidash glared at you angrily, stomping towards with with eyes set to kill. Your eyes widened, cowering slightly before watching the Rapidash get pulled by reigns. "Woah there!" A sudden shout came, the Rapidash being pulled away as a stocky man in chainmail armour approached you.

"It's a little careless to wander onto the battlefield, lad." He murmured, glancing at you and your Grookey. "You lost?" He eyed you closely, your mouth tried to form words but it couldn't, your heart still practically pounding out of your chest after the Rapidash. He eyed you again, but suddenly his eyes seemed to gain a sort of recognition. He quickly pulled out a piece of old parchment, looking at names. "Ah, I'm sorry." He chuckled, "They told me to look for someone with a Grookey, I just didn't expect ya to be so young!" He let out a mighty laugh, patting you on the back. You were very confused, trying to open your mouth to protest as he shuffled you along.

"Come now, let's get you fitted into your gear." He shuffled you towards the castle, signaling to the rest of the knights to follow. As you were shuffled along, Kong spotted an older man with a Grookey behind him slowly walk into the training grounds you were leaving. He looked slightly confused, glancing around as your troupe faded from sight. Kong clung to your shoulder, afraid of what would happen next. Do you speak to the guard and tell him there's been a mistake, or go along with whatever they're doing?

What do you do?

ChiVulpix
Adventure Start
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiVulpix, post: 6997663, member: 108883
The sun was shining and Noboru had been walking on the fool's path. She had heard tales about heroes walking the same path as she did at the start of their adventures. It was Noboru's first adventure as well and she was very exited. Usagi-her newly claimed Froakie was walking beside her and she was just as happy to set out on a journey as Noboru where. The Froakie was impatient and eager to progress so she started running with Noboru following. "so you wanna make this a competition?" Noboru asked. Usagi nodded and the two of them started to run as fast as they could. They eventually got very tired and decided to take a break. They sat down beside a pond and drank some of the water. Usagi splashed some of the water at her trainer who sent an even bigger wave at the Froakie. They continued that way untill they were completely soaked. Noboru changed clothes from her blue vest and black shorts to her dark blue asian-style robe. She shook her black, curly hair and water flew in all directions. Usagi tried to catch as many waterdrops as possible. She loved water since she was a water type. She noticed it started to get dark so Noboru set up a camp. The young trainer had packed some very nurtritious ninja-buns that was made to keep a ninja's stomach full when they were on long missions. Noboru knew it was a bad idea to eat 2 but they tasted delicious so she could'nt resist. She gave Usagi a half bun since she's small and does'nt need as much food. Then the young ninja and her Froakie went to the forest to train a bit before going to sleep.


Update 1
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskerade, post: 6998626, member: 63055
ChiVulpix:
((Welcome to the Arcane Realm! Since you’re traveling down the Fool’s Path, please reply using RoyalBlue color))

Living your best life with Usagi by your side, you decide to see what destiny has in store for you, choosing the road of many branches as the starting point of your journey. After a rather lengthy trek along the Fool’s Path, punctuated by some tomfoolery with your Froakie companion and a short break to refill your energy, you start to wonder when fate is going to toss you a coin. Sure, a number of people and their Pokemon pass you by as you go along, but you can tell they’re on a similar journey of their own…

“Hello dear,” you hear suddenly. A trembling, tired voice that is no less ominous for that. “Would you lend an old woman an ear?”

Looking over your shoulder you see an elderly woman in tattered gray robes that you could almost swear wasn’t there a minute ago. A Murkrow on her shoulder stares straight at you with a blank expression, but the woman is definitely smiling as she holds out a weak, shaking hand in your direction.

“Dear child… your story, your life is just now beginning! That always warms my heart. Would you care to know what destiny has in store for you? Or perhaps some guidance for the road ahead?”

You know that if you make a run for it, she is probably in no physical condition to follow you. You can choose to ignore the lady and go on your way, or indeed, lend her an ear as she requests… What will you do, young ninja?



Zelphon
Spoiler: show

Adventure Start
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelphon5, post: 6995032, member: 117862
Walking through the forest Rylie can't but think of the one he spent time in as a child, the light peering through the canopy, the sounds and the smells all bring him back to a time before he had gotten to know the Eevee he now calls his partner. As he continues along a path created Rylie is brought back to reality by a nuzzle from his long time friend. Looking to her he smiles saying "Heh, sorry about that.. you know how I can get in places like this" before finding a nice bunch of leaves to sit down on. "Come on, let's get some rest."

Laying his scarf and bag down on the ground Rylie sets up a makeshift picnic for him and his partner, using the scarf to keep his food off of the forest floor and taking out a small pink bowl for Naula. "Hmm, seems like we're getting low on supplies, should stock up on some berries while we make our way to the pond". "Hey Naula, how are you holding up girl" Rylie asks before giving her some light scratches in her mane causing her to mew happily.

As time passes and both of them finish their food Rylie begins to pack up shop, dusting off his scarf and packing away Naula's bowl before slipping back on his scarf and pack. "Well that should hold us until we get there, come on girl I think we should be getting fairly close to the grove."


Update 1
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorFB, post: 7000645, member: 118084
Zelphon: Having enjoyed your brief picnic, you resume your travels with Naula, intending to reach the heart of the Lover's Grove in short time. As you walk, you muse to yourself on the nostalgia of the surroundings, and somewhere in the distance you can vaguely hear tittering chatter - no doubt a sign of couples filtering through the trees. However, as you drift into the pleasant monotony of your forward march, something begins to seem wrong. It was subtle at first, but you could now clearly make out a faint wispy mist gradually seeping across the ground, and though you quicken your pace, the Grove wasn't coming into view. Frowning, you look to Naula, and despite her more attuned faculties it seems as if she is equally confused by the strange happenings.

Strangely, the chattering had gotten louder, odd given the difficulty you were having approaching the Grove. Weirder still, it appeared to be emanating from all directions. Regardless of how much you strained, you couldn't quite perceive anything legible - it was almost as if the noise was dancing just on the peripheral of your senses, teasing you in a tangibly annoying fashion. As you begin to question whether this was an elaborate dream, you notice a distinct rustling over the background whispers. Searching, you manage to trace the sound to a nearby bush, but before you managed to investigate further Naula darts into the underbrush, yipping for you to follow. Whatever laid in wait had already begun it's hasty retreat, and what had initially presented like a simple expedition was beginning to escalate rapidly.

Reply 1
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelphon5, post: 7003093, member: 117862
With the quick change in tone for his adventure through the forest, Rylie briefly blinks in confusion. He starts running after Naula with a bewildered expression upon his face, trying to use her cries to keep track of her in the strange mist. "She hasn't run off like this since the first few times we met back home, something must really being going wrong here," he thinks to himself; doing his best to keep up the pace while avoiding branches.


But even with his experience traversing through forests, the rapidly approaching mists would eventually prove a bit much for him to handle. The pressure of the situation catches up to him, and he fumbles over a thick root jutting through the ground. He lets out a grunt as the loud thud of him hitting the ground notifies Naula. She stops running and heads back towards him, nuzzling his head to try to give him a Helping Hand back up before letting off a few cries and using her head to motion him along.

Smiling for the first time since the events that had just transpired, he swiftly jumps to his feet, and wipes the grime off his face before running off to catch up back with Naula.

"Heh, at least she seems to be keeping track of me as well, I wonder where she's trying to lead me," he wonders to himself. However, as he finishes his sentence, he quickly notices that the chattering from before seemed to be closing in on him. He quickens his pace, this time more confident that regardless of what was chasing him, both he and Naula would be able to handle once they reached whatever destination she was leading him off to.

Update 2
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorFB, post: 7005472, member: 118084
Zelphon: Hastily recovering from your brief tumble, you take up the chase once again, with Naula bobbing and weaving between the underbrush while leading you as best as she can. The encroaching fog was only beginning to thicken as you went, now resting comfortably at knee height - and this came with it's own trouble. As much as you try to remain surefooted, it is as if the surrounding trees are intentionally trying to sabotage you, the roots threatening to trip you with every thundering step. Finally though, Naula darts into a nearby bush, and as you hack your way through the greenery, you find yourself in a small copse.

Looking around, this place looks more sinister than your intended destination. On all sides, twisted oaks loom over you, suffocating in their haggard presence. The ground underfoot, insofar as you can see past the mist, is crumbling and barren. The air here feels physically dense, the atmosphere oppressive and foreboding. As you furtively survey these hostile surroundings, Naula begins to bark loudly, and you naturally follow her line of sight.

Breaking beyond the treeline was an eerie display - two pale, flickering orbs. The erratic way they dance with one another is mystifying, and for a moment you are locked in place, staring at the peculiar spectacle. However, you are jarringly yanked back to reality as you hear the whispers fray at the edge of your consciousness, this time more palpable to your senses.

"Leave ... Flee ... Escape ... Help."

The voice was simultaneously grating yet soothing, the discordant notes sending shivers throughout your body. It was clear that something strange was afoot, and Naula was getting more desperate in her frantic yips towards this entity.

Reply 2
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelphon5, post: 7052681, member: 117862
Taken aback by the sense of wrong permeating through the area Rylie takes care to avoid the twisted, rotting branches of the nearby trees, fighting through doubts towards the leadership of his partner as they permeate his mind. He hadn't felt this way in a very long time, the difficulties the area was giving him adding to the confusion of the seasoned hiker. "This just keeps getting weirder by the minute, I thought this area was supposed to be a pretty place frequented by pokemon and couples alike".

Turning around a tree Rylie briefly loses track of Naula before quickly noticing her estranged reaction towards something a bit more specific than the general craziness that had been taking place up until now, moving his gaze towards that of her own he quickly notices the two specters before them causing him to freeze in and out of a fear driven trance as the strange lights and his partners cries pull him in and out of reality like a game of tug-o-war.

Eventually gaining a semblance of composure Rylie takes a more confident stance and looks back up to the strange lights hovering overhead with a determined stare, replying to their chorus of whispers with "Leave or help, what do you want from us, why did you lead us here and what are we meant to be escaping from? Is there something you're having trouble with or do you just want us out of your territory? We're just trying to get to the Lover's Grove but we'd be happy to aid you two if there's something you need. [/Color=SeaGreen]


Update 3
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorFB, post: 7063995, member: 118084
Zelphon: "L-Lover's ... Grove?"

The wisps respond violently. Intensifying, the otherworldly flames begin to spit embers onto the desiccated ground, where they sink slowly through the dusty surface layer. Where they previously burned with an intense blue, now they were overcome by a striking and furious crimson, a dull pain throbbing through your head as screams echoed within your mind. After a few moments of this, during which time you consider fleeing, the barking of Naula only ever growing more desperate, a calmness falls over the apparition.

"Lover's Grove ... Take ... me there."

Shifting back to the eerie but comparatively less terrifying shade of blue, the wisps fade into the surrounding undergrowth, and for a moment you think this strange encounter may be nothing but a dream. Despite this, some part of you is left aware of the reality, Naula remaining on high alert with her fur standing on end. The foliage eventually parts once more, and this time rather than some trickery, it is a significantly more tangible being that replaces them.

A Mimikyu gingerly emerges, shielding itself from view using it's shadowy claws. It is clear that this particular Mimikyu has found itself upon tough times. It's cloak was tattered - torn in a number of places. Regardless of the circumstances, there was something decidedly pitiable about the Pokemon, the sense emphasised by it's uncertain behaviour. In spite of it's shyness, Mimikyu edges further into the clearing, gradually coming to a halt after finally emerging fully. Without warning, the wisps appear again, instinctively putting you on edge. However, the voices are this time much more considered and calm.

"I have ... unfinished business. Lover's Grove is ... important. I am ... no harm to you. Provided you are .. no harm to me."

Any suspicions you may have had were emphatically confirmed - Mimikyu was the one conjuring the voices.

Reply 3
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelphon5, post: 7102913, member: 117862
Rylie attempts to stammer out a confirmation to the wisps but the words never leave his mouth. The fear caused by the increased aggression of the dancing lights before evokes is terror. The crimson hue causes him to worry the worst was about to come. With the screams of his apparent aggressor and the barks of his partner pelleting his mind and ears; he winces in pain before it all just suddenly stops.

Rylie reopens his eyes and regains his composure. He then nods slightly at the questioning spirit, giving it some trust. He intently watches the descent of the lights into the foliage, before taking a somewhat defensive stance as they are replaced by the shuffling of the leaves. But just as he mentally prepares to start issuing orders to Naula, Rylie's face turns to a look of concern and curiosity. Seeing the Mimikyu's emergence from the bushes quells his worries, the Pokemon's torn visage and shy demeanor inciting a sense of calm within.

"Come on Naula, let's give them a chance," Rylie says while maintaining his gaze on the pokemon before him.

Rylie listens to the Mimikyu's plea, giving a small nod of agreement to the purposed truce. "U-um, yeah sure l-let's go there together then... But, um before we do how's about we take a breather? This entire encounter has left me kind of winded... and I feel it's probably best Naula here get used to your scent before we continue forward. It's the last of what I got but if you'd like I can offer you a Haban Berry if ya want me to. Though they've always been a little too bitter for us," he stammers out. Even after being reassured it was just a Pokemon, the situation had riddled him with anxiety.

"My name is Rylie by the way, what do you go by?"

Update 4
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorFB, post: 7103429, member: 118084
Zelphon: "Name? I..."

Mimikyu trailed off, the fabric of her disguise shifting uneasily, the Fairy type pausing for a few moments to focus on her thoughts.

"I... have no... name. None that I... remember."

Where the stuttering speech pattern had once seemed ominous, now it felt tragic and pitiful, the trembling resort of a being struggling to maintain their grasp on their self of sense. The foreboding surroundings only emphasised this pained moment, and Naula briefly bristled - until it became obvious that no danger would be posed. As Naula settles, you offer a Haban Berry - and Mimikyu accepts with an uncertain gratitude. After eating, the Ghost type waits patiently for you to regulate your breathing - a far from simple task considering the circumstances - and you finally begin to move towards the Grove.

It does not take long for you to realise that something was wrong. No matter how much distance you covered, no matter how much your legs began to succumb to a persistent tiring, it appeared like you were stuck in a repeating loop. You notice that Mimikyu becomes visibly more deflated with every cursed repetition, and eventually the Pokemon stops in her tracks entirely.

"I knew.. this would happen. I am.. unable to leave... this place. Neither can you... if you stay near me..."

This dejected sight seems to resonate with Naula. Puffing her cheeks out, the Eevee rushes you, determinedly barking, her intent clear as day. Mimikyu was suffering a horrible fate, and regardless of their inadvertently involving you both, now that you were involved Naula was overcome by an obligation to help. Unfortunately, you were ill prepared to handle an oddity of this inclination. Above all else, information was vital when dealing with the supernatural, and currently there was little to work from.


Reply 4
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelphon5, post: 7136927, member: 117862
[COLOR=rgb(0, 168, 133)]Saddened by his new traveling companion's lack of memory, Rylie gives a weak smile as the Mimikiyu eats the offered berry. Meanwhile, he once again regains his composure from the chilling surroundings. Satisfied enough with the rest, Rylie gets up with a slight grunt before putting on his backpack and securing his scarf. He then motions for his two companions to follow along before once again hitting the trail. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgb(0, 168, 133)][COLOR=rgb(0, 168, 133)] "Alright, now that we've gotten the chance to relax and eat let's get going to the Grove eh?"[/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgb(0, 168, 133)][COLOR=rgb(0, 168, 133)][COLOR=rgb(0, 168, 133)][COLOR=rgb(0, 168, 133)]But just as Rylie was starting to get into the rhythm he noticed something strange. The trees were always in the same spot, accompanied by the same mixtures of stone, twigs, and other sparse fauna. Distressed, he turns around and looks back at Naula and their ghostly companion only to notice that they were once again acting disheveled. His partner had apparently tried to bring this to his attention sooner, the uppity Eevee giving him a look of determination before turning around to cuddle up to their companion.[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgb(0, 168, 133)][COLOR=rgb(0, 168, 133)][COLOR=rgb(0, 168, 133)][COLOR=rgb(0, 168, 133)][COLOR=rgb(0, 168, 133)] Egged on by Naula's newfound support for them, Rylie leans down to console Mimikyu, givng them a smile before saying;[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgb(0, 168, 133)][COLOR=rgb(0, 168, 133)][COLOR=rgb(0, 168, 133)][COLOR=rgb(0, 168, 133)][COLOR=rgb(0, 168, 133)][COLOR=rgb(0, 168, 133)] "Well then it looks like we're stuck in this together, can you tell me what is that's keeping us here? Regardless of that, you look like you aren't holding up too well so if you need a lift just let me know, and either I or one of my Pokemon would be glad to help you."[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]


Update 5
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorFB, post: 7138999, member: 118084
Zelphon: "I am... cursed. I don't know how... or when, but I have been unable to leave... this place as far back as I can recall. Curses are fickle... and can be powerful, but they... also follow strict rules. There is a... precise order to inflicting such chaos... and suffering. However... this structure can... prove them vulnerable. A slight fraying... can cause an unravelling of... the entire tapestry... and lead everything to collapse."

Where once an entrenched dejection held the tone of Mimikyu, now a faint glimmer of hope seems to crawl forth. Naula seizes upon this, using the slightly upbeat mood to begin playfully tackling Mimikyu, managing to solicit a brief giggle from the Fairy type as she rolls with the roughhousing. This solitary moment of brevity breaks some of the barriers Mimikyu had clearly erected, the at first sinister impression giving way to one of unguarded pity. With a start, the Ghost type wrenches herself straight, an eagerness to her movements.

"I am not sure why... but I have just realised. I have a recollection... of warmth. Of happier times. An inn... I stayed there, with someone. A long, long time ago. It is not... far. Maybe it is... connected. To how I became... this."

The implication is left hanging, uncertain and seemingly unbroachable - was Mimkyu referring to their predicament, or something more fundamental? You have little time to ruminate on this, as Mimikyu again musters her strength in an attempt to convey one final message.

"I am already... at the limit of my territory. I am... weaker here, but I must... warn you. Curses are fragile, yes... but they are dangerous... when not approached correctly. Their rigidity... causes a flipside of instability... and they can easily backfire onto meddlers."

The ominous warning was as shivering as it was clear: involving yourself without appropriate foreknowledge would have dire consequences.


Meetan
Spoiler: show
Spoiler: show

Adventure Start
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetan, post: 6744622, member: 57787
[SPOILER="Alipyon by DaisyInari <3"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetan, post: 6744622, member: 57787

Why does this always happen to me?

The question had been rattling around Alice Hope's mind for a while now as she trudged along the rural road. She certainly felt like a fool, or like she was being taken for one at this point, by this Pokemon world that had held her for so long. To say that she was a hostage in it was wrong. The Phantom Isles had pushed her into her own memories and revealed that she had probably hailed from it, so it was more accurate to say that it had rescued her back... But still. Alice didn't appreciate being thrown from one realm to another, some adventures unresolved, wondering if she had succeeded as the heroine or been brutally murdered and somehow restored. Was Bedlam Ridge still in one piece, or had Rigel won the battle and shot her in the head...?

Absently, her fingers touched her forehead, and then blue eyes peered downward through the glasses on her nose. A soot-black Bagon, Eridian, walked at her side. His changing of colour had been a Halloween curse, but he seemed to be perfectly happy with himself. Alice knew she'd feel the same way eventually. If she was going to be happy with all of the progress she'd made since tumbling into the wonderland, she had to accept the bad as well. A world full of monsters and gangs couldn't be free of problems for all, after all, and it was hard to see herself as a protagonist with plot armour. The dragon noticed her stare and looked up, the blonde smiling apologetically.

“Aww, Eri. I'm fine. I'm just thinking hard, that's all.” She explained, glossy lips pulling into an apologetic smile. For as pathetic as the dragon had considered her when they first met so many years ago, Alice had come far and he respected her far more these days. The biped grunted his acknowledgement, stoic as ever. In spite of her growth, though, the young woman still suffered her anxieties, and hadn't wanted to walk the country road 'alone'. He couldn't hold it against her, since she didn't remember how they had even got there to begin with.

It was sunny and cloudless, but every time the wind blew, Alice wished she had a coat. Her feet were cozy in their faux fur-lined ankle booties, and the grey leggings she wore were thick; but the purple top's sheer sleeves didn't do much to guard against the temperature. They were on the wrong side of spring for that. Not to mention, her loose locks now resembled a bird's nest. She could do with gloves, too...

The Fool's Path threatened to branch off again, and Alice sighed, stopping at the crossroads. “Now what do we do?” The idol complained, pouting dramatically. After a time, she concluded, “You know what The Doctor said,” Spoiler: Eridian had no bloody idea what she was talking about, “Turn Left.”

And so, turn left they did.


Update 1
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic Professor, post: 6748039, member: 106428
Meetan:

You were walking along the "Fool's Path" thinking about what had happened to you, and how you felt on those times, your bagon walking alongside you.
You had wished you could find a place where you could get warm gloves and perhaps a jacket or something, to stop this coldish wind that blew every now and then.
It wouldn't hurt, you thought if you could also find a place to clean up in general either, thinking about how your hair was a mess.

Upon coming to the split in the path, you soon decided to head down the left path, your bagon confused as to what you why you were talking about a doctor but followed regardless.

As you walked and walked and then walked some more, you soon came upon what looked to be a settlement or at least a camp of some sort that was off the main path, but still close to it.
Maybe someone there had some clothing you could buy or borrow, and a place to clean up in general... But before you could make up your mind as to what to do or go, A woman approached you riding atop a Gogoat.
"Hello, there dearie, what brings you to one of the many camps set up on the Fool's Path?"
So,... not only was this a camp, but there were many along the path. That seemed to be some good information to know.
But what were you doing here?

What will you do next?


Reply 1
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetan, post: 6748089, member: 57787
The duo trudged on for what felt like forever, and although the motion certainly helped, Alice still felt the wind chill enough that she was bothered by it. She was lost in her thoughts, though, the silence maintained as their four feet carried on, attention distracted enough that the woman and her Gogoat caught her off guard. There was no way that she would've noticed the camp like this, and it irritated Eridian a little. Sometimes, the girl could be dangerously naive or obtuse, it was why she was so lucky to have him by her side. She was also lucky that he wasn't as ill tempered as dragons could be, although that didn't make him any less ferocious. The seriousness of Eridian's posture and the meanness of his eyes only hinted at the guard monster's true nature and capabilities.

Alice was surprised to find someone so far from the castle town, back straightening with a bit of a jump, but the woman wasn't unwelcome company. It was nice to see a Gogoat, too. They reminded her of a more successful adventure back on the Galea Plains, even if it was one full of falls. "Oh, hi." She smiled politely,slightly startled but otherwise chipper, "I mostly just need somewhere to clean up and get water and snacks before I move on." She explained, "Me and Eridian here have been going for a while, and we'll probably be adventuring for a while yet." Alice added, as if to justify why such aid might be important for them, "If it helps, I'm a pretty strong trainer. If you need help with anything, I'm sure that me or one of my Pokemon could help you all out in exchange."


Update 1, Take 2
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury, post: 6758833, member: 101661
(Going to start you from the initial post)

Quoting some odd doctor, you get a weird look from Eridian when you decide to turn left. What, did he expect you to turn right? What a fool! You continue along the Fool's Path, surely there would be a sign or something around to tell you where exactly this path was leading. If it truly was a Fool's Path, maybe it was just a big loop or something? The path seemed well worn at any rate, deep grooves were a clear sign of the wagons and carts that were likely dragged through here on the daily. Despite the obvious signs of traffic however, you'd yet to run into anyone. Thankfully that was about to change. Eridian perks up as it spots a cart up ahead, tipped on its side and with a large portion of its contents sprawled across the road. A small flock of Pidove have descended from the trees and begun to peck at the wares, much to the distress of the elderly gentlemen who is trying to scare them away. Eridian rushes forward, the smoke black Bagon quickly closes in on the cart. He growls at the Pidove, trying to help the man in his plight, but was helping him worth your time? As you get closer to the scene, you notice the cart seems to be intact, but a rather large hole in the ground seems to be the reason it is on its side. Whatever was pulling the cart seems to be gone as well, some broken ropes suggesting that whatever it was had broken free when the cart fell.

"Would you lend me a hand young lass?" The old man pleads, "I need to get to market and if I loose any more produce I'll loose everything!" He seems to be down on his luck, but perhaps your arrival would turn things around?"


Reply 1
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetan, post: 6758893, member: 57787
Alice continued along the Fool's Path, wondering if maybe it was a big loop, although it most likely wasn't. She attributed the name to stories, or perhaps misfortune that had befallen people, or however many had gotten lost here. None of that was particularly optimistic, if she was to be honest, and that was grand considering here she was... But eh. Ignoring Eridian's odd looks, the woman's attention was soon grabbed by the first sign of other life that the duo had found: a turned-over cart, with a poor elderly gentleman trying to scare away some irritating Pidove. "We should do something about that, Eridian--"

Before she could move to follow him, the scrappy dragon was already charging the scene. That was convenient, because Alice hated to run at the best of times, and she had done it enough in her life already. He growls aggressively, pint sized but fearsome nonetheless, attempting to get rid of the little buggers. As the trainer grew closer, she could see that the cart itself was fine - although it was hard to say about the stuff he was carrying - and a hole had caused the problem. Maybe the Pokemon was too dumb to avoid it, or something had forced it to stay this direction or otherwise ignore the hazard? She figured a skilled merchant would be used to such things by now and be more prepared for it.

"Yeah, sure. We can help pick everything up and help lead the cart if you want." Alice offered, releasing her Pineco in a flurry of hearts to aid them, "Eridian, Farren; use your Strength to put this cart back the right way up, will you? Farren, your string shot would be good, too." She asked of them, and the Pokemon grunted their affirmatives. Eridian began to try and push the cart from the ditch, Farren using his string to try and pull the cart in a good direction so that they could turn it back onto its wheels. "Unless there's something else you wanted us to help you with?"


Update 2
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury, post: 6758939, member: 101661
Meetan- Eridian quickly scares off the Pidove, they weren't about to mess with a little black thug dragon! Thankfully that means the majority of the elderly traders goods are intact, the mountain of spilled berries and home-baked goods were salvageable but their value would likely be depreciated. That likely wasn't good, as from what you could gather from the merchant's behaviour, he needed the money. You quickly come to his aid though, tossing out a ball and releasing Farren the Pineco. The Pink Pineco was just one of many oddly coloured Pokemon you possessed, but in a place called the Arcane Realm, people had probably seen much stranger things than a black Bagon and a Pink Pineco. First things first, you had to get the cart back on four wheels. You order Eridian to use his Strength to lift the cart, which he does with ease. Farren follows with a String Shot, pinning the thread to cart's rear before reeling it in, ensuring the the cart isn't placed back in the same hole it had hit to tip over. With the cart back on all four wheels, the elderly merchant begins to load the items back in, working as fast as his ageing body would allow. You begin to help, as does Eridian and Farren, although the Pineco struggles without any notable appendages. You offer to help pull the cart as well, but the old man shakes his head.

"No I need to get my Tauros back, I'd be lost without him", the old man is shaking in panic at this point. "Something has been messing up the road recently, there are holes like this all over the place. I didn't see this one until it was too late and the cart tipped, Tauros panicked and broke free, bolting off in that direction." He points off the road, through a thicket of trees. You can clearly see tracks heading off in that direction, it likely wouldn't be overly hard to track the spooked Tauros. "I can finish loading everything back up, would you be a dear and go find my Tauros? He might need to be calmed down, but he's not overly aggressive."


Reply 2
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetan, post: 6759236, member: 57787
The Pidove scattered, intimidated by her beloved dragon, and the plan to sort the cart out was a success. It was soon back on its wheels, and they were able to help the old man a little bit. Alice felt awful for him. Seeing someone upset like this was always distressing for her - she was quite empathetic and it was like their feelings resonated - but with someone elderly it always seemed to hurt more. She knew the food's value might have been depreciated, but she was considering whether it would be worth trying to buy some anyway, once this was all said and done. Plenty of food items in Fizzytopia unlocked a Pokemon's abilities, and maybe some of this would do the same? If not, she expected her Pokemon would still find them delicious, and it was always good to be well stocked when on an adventure with no idea where the fuck you were going.

"Hey, don't worry too much about it. We'll go and get that Tauros for you." Alice assured him, her voice encouraging and yet soothing all the same. She could be a selfish bitch, but right now she wasn't thinking of rewards. Besides, seeing a Tauros in the flesh could be cool! She'd always loved Tauros, but had yet to encounter one in her Fizzytopia frenzy. "Eridian, Farren; can you try to pick up the Tauros' scent? I know your nose isn't as strong, Farren, it's just better for both of you to try anyway." She added, and the bagworm nodded in acknowledgement, hopping along the ground to try and get a sense of the Pokemon's smell. The Bagon was sniffing along the rope and part of the cart as well as the ground, doing his best to get a sense for the runaway before doing the same along the grassy tracks. That'd help separate the Tauros' aroma from the birds', too.

They didn't have time to waste, though, so once her Pokemon were ready to roll, Alice would pick up Farren and get ready to jog - or at least briskly walk - after Eridian, who she'd encourage to pick up the pace. Hopefully he wouldn't force her into a run, not that it'd be the first time. Her stamina was better these days but she just wasn't built to run, it was a fact, and even if she'd been working on it she had naturally weak ankles... Life's a biatch. "Even if he does get aggressive, we've got it, but we'll do our best not to hurt him. Otherwise pulling the cart'll be an issue." Hopefully it wasn't already injured, but if he was, they could try to fix that as well. Maybe there would be berries or other items about that they could gather to help bribe or heal the Tauros with.


Update 3
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury, post: 6759322, member: 101661
Meetan- You reassure the elderly merchant that you would retrieve his Tauros, you really felt for him and his situation. You task your two Pokemon to tracking the lost bull's scent, it goes without saying that Eridian would have more success in this than Farren. The bagworm seems a little uncertain on what to do, he gives the footprints a couple of sniffs but can't really discern a particular scent. Eridian on the other hand is much more experienced in this sort of thing and quickly goes to where he can get a good whiff of the Tauros' scent. The broken straps and ropes at the front of the cart were drenched in the Tauros' odour, he had a read on it as soon as the smell entered his nostrils. From there he followed the scent trail over to the clearly defined hoof prints and began to follow them, quickly gaining distance. It was time to move! You reassure the man once more before scooping up Farren and heading off in a brisk walk after Eridian. Thankfully the little dragon wasn't moving too fast, he had to remain on the Tauros' trail after all.

You follow the Bagon for a few hundred metres before you emerge into a small clearing. There it was, the Tauros! The bull seems to have calmed down by itself, it was now feeding from a small bush on the far side of the clearing, its back turned to you. It seems to be happily grazing from the bush, but it had a job to do, the old man needed it and you promised to bring it back to him. Eridian is wary of approaching, even though the Tauros seemed relaxed, it would likely spook easily if he wasn't careful. You'd found the Tauros, but how would you go about getting it back to its owner?


Reply 3
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetan, post: 6759341, member: 57787
Alice was glad that Eridian quickly found the Tauros' scent. Of course she had faith in him, but this world tended to throw the weirdest wrenches around, and she never enjoyed figuring out how to stop getting hit by them. Often they tended to just hit her harder, and surprisingly, she wasn't that into it! Quietly, and taking in the sweet sights of nature, Alice followed after the concentrating dragon until they came across the Tauros. Keeping silent, the blonde expressed her awe with a dramatic facial expression, resisting the urge to snap a few photos with her Pokegear. She didn't want to disturb him, but they had to, and in a way that didn't mean it killed them to death.

"Farren, can you attract the Tauros with your sweet scent?" Admittedly they were risking attracting all sorts with such a move, but Alice just wanted to try and keep the creature calm while they led it back to the old man. Still expressing her plan in a whisper, Alice added, "Eridian, approach from front and try talking to him. Let him know what's going on. I'll wait back here, let him know so he doesn't get scared. I have treats, too, if he wants any." She had some poffin, pokeblock and castelia cones at least. There was probably something on her person that would appeal to the Pokemon's palette. Hanging back, the Bagon stalked off to get to a good point to move in, trying to appear as non-threatening as possible... Which, for Eridian, was quite frankly difficult. If a Pokemon could have resting bitch face, it was absolutely him. Farren, however, was more like Lorin. The easygoing Pineco somehow managed to have an upbeat vibe without actually having much of a face. Maybe it was because of how cute the pink bagworm was? Pink fumes began to release from the cone, filling the air with a sweet and peaceful aroma, and Alice hoped that her tactic would work.

Thing was, she had this funny feeling that it really, really wouldn't.


Update 4
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury, post: 6759384, member: 101661
Meetan- Not wanting to spook the Tauros, you decide that convincing the Tauros to follow you of its own volition would be better than announcing your presence. To that end, you order Farren to release a Sweet Scent, the enticing aroma would likely draw the Tauros in, then all you had to do was lead it back to the cart! You had some extra treats ready should they be needed and Eridian would approach from the front once you had the Tauros' attention and would fill it in on the situation. If all went as planned, there was no way you could fail. The pretty pink Pineco continues to release its Sweet Scent, the slight breeze wafts the perfume towards the Tauros. You watch eagerly as the pink cloud reaches the Normal type, quickly grabbing its attention. The bull's tails swish with excitement and it quickly turns around to find the source of the delightful aroma. A look of pure glee in its eyes it approaches Farren, it doesn't appear frightened at all. The bashful bull begins to lick the bag worm, Farren doesn't seem all too delighted by this but he knows he can't afford to scare the Tauros. Eridian approaches carefully, coming at the Tauros head on so he was less likely to surprise it. You watch as the Bagon explains that you are here to lead it back to its master, the Tauros appears to understand.

Something catches Eridian's eye, causing him to turn. The dirt is being pushed up as something burrows through the ground, approaching at speed. He stands at the ready, but whatever it is digs straight under him, what was it after? Not what, who! Farren suddenly disappears as a hole appears beneath him, causing him to drop a few feet under the ground. The Tauros is a little startled but thankfully it doesn't run off. Meanwhile, down in the hole, Farren looks into the eyes of the Pokemon that dragged him down here, well rather, the jaws. A large pair of orange jaws are all the Pineco can see. Whatever it was, it was drawn in by the Sweet Scent and appeared infatuated with the Pineco.


Reply 4
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetan, post: 6759511, member: 57787
At first, everything was going to plan, and Alice was delighted! Tauros didn't seem scared at all, which was good! In fact, looking as happy as he was, the bull was super, duper adorable! Seeing him lick her Pineco, though, she cringed with a grin on her face. "Ooof, sorry, Farren." She mumbled. Thankfully, he was a bug with plenty of patience, and it showed - he didn't make any motion to attack, simply squeezing his eyes shut and enduring it while Eridian did his part. In spite of his grumpy expression of neutrality, the Tauros wasn't upset at all, and the dragon eventually waved her over. She nodded, and began to walk back.

"All cool? Thanks, guys. And you're one beautiful Tauros, by the way, your human is so lucky!" Alice complimented, only to be distracted by the Bagon's keener senses. She turned to see where he was looking, and cursed grimly. Oh, for fuck's sake, of course they'd attract the problem-starter with their sweet scent as well. "Guys, brace yourselves!" She warned, one hand reaching to comfortingly and carefully touch the Tauros' mane as the digger approached... Only for the Pokemon to swallow up Farren into a hole. Alice was startled, like the Tauros, but not totally spooked. She wasn't entirely sure what to do, though. They couldn't lose the Tauros again.

"... It'll be okay. We're pretty strong, we promise. Right, Eri?" Alice looked to the dragon, who nodded, and seemed ready to fight if his trainer ordered it. She peered down the hole, thankfully able to see her Pineco. Thank goodness he was so bright! "Farren! You okay down there, buddy?"
"Pineco pine!" He answered loudly, in a way that implied he was, if not confused. A big mouth and orange? He'd feel threatened, if said orange didn't seem to look like it loved him. How odd.
"Can you use your string shot? We can catch it and pull you up!" Alice suggested, glancing to Eridian, who nodded. It seemed like a fine idea, although perhaps Tauros' tough hooves and horns would be more suited for the job. Regardless, Farren tried to angle himself to fire up a lengthy String Shot. If Eridian could catch it he could either pull or wrap it around himself and try to haul Farren out. "Try and get the Pokemon to come up with you! Let it know we're not trying to fight, I can even feed it if that's what it wants! ... Or battle it, if it prefers." She assumed she could take it. Arrogance on her part, but hey, if they couldn't then they'd find out!


Update 5
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury, post: 6759574, member: 101661
Meetan- You rush to the hole, sharing a quizzical look with the Tauros, you were both a bit confused about what had happened. You shout down the hole to Farren, who has unfortunately gone from one level of uncomfortable to another. As you call out, the Pineco rocks backwards and fires up a String Shot, seems like he really wants to get out of there....

Eridian grabs the thread and begins to pull, but it seems a little heavier than he expected. You find yourself drafted into the task, grimacing at how sticky the String Shot is as you work to pull your Pineco out of the hole. It was like deep sea fishing but on land! You had no idea what you could be dragging up, for all you knew it was more trouble. As the pink Pineco is finally pulled free from the hole, he has someone else attached to him. The big orange jaws of the Trapinch let go of the Pineco as it is dragged above ground. The little Ant Pit Pokemon shies away immediately, whimpering in fear. This didn't really feel like the sort of place you'd find a Trapinch, generally their species preferred sandy areas over forests. Eridian stands wary, not overly trusting of the Ground type. The Tauros seems fine though, perhaps it resonates with the fear in the Trapinch's eyes? From what you can tell it doesn't appear hostile, what are you going to do? The old man likely would have packed things up by now and would be desperate to get back on the road, could you afford to waste more of his time?


Reply 5
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetan, post: 6759583, member: 57787
Alice couldn't see that Farren was getting more uncomfortable, but the fact wouldn't have surprised her had she known. Eridian was more aware, simply because Pokemon could sense these kinds of things, and Farren wasn't radiating sweetness so much as he was panic. As it was, the dragon was quick to take hold of the string shot and begin to pull, but even with his overwhelming Strength he was having problems. Alice asked the Tauros to step back a bit, just so that she could get a decent angle without tumbling into the hole in the process. When she did latch onto the leash, though, Alice loudly expressed her disgust at the feeling of the sticky, squidgy string, and as soon as they had completed their mission the blonde was wiping her hands on her clothes with a shudder and grimace.

"Farren!" Alice exclaimed in relief, only to stop and coo. "Oooh, a Trapinch!" She wasn't as worried as she had been before, because the little bug didn't seem to be rearing to go. In fact, it seemed to be the opposite, like it was frightened. How unexpected for what Alice had thought to be a troublemaker, but perhaps all of the burrowing had been impulsive behaviour. Was it scared of them or something else? "Hey, it's okay! Eridian, don't worry about them. Look, it's scared." She was about to crouch down and then stopped. They needed to help the old guy, too. "Eridian, will you take this Tauros back to the cart? And tell him I love him." She added in an overly sweet tone, petting the Pokemon's mane with the back of her hand to avoid leftover glue getting stuck in it. Alice made a kissy sound before finally crouching down, the dragon no doubt apologising to the creature before gesturing for them to go together. His trainer was the worst sometimes.

She decided to sit on the grass with Farren, who was relieved to be freed of both Tauros and also the Trapinch's jaws. He hoped it stayed that way. She took off her bag, opening it up to take out a few different treats. "We aren't going to hurt you! Tell them, Farren. If something's wrong, we can help them." She had never heard of a Trapinch out in the forest, though. The Arcane Realm was supposedly weird, but was it /this/ weird? "You seem like you're far away from home, you know. I hope you're okay."


Update 6
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury, post: 6759590, member: 101661
Meetan- Execute plan, divide and conquer! You put Eridian to task, he'd be leading the bashful bull back to its master while you and Farren remained and tried to work out what was up with this Trapinch. Eridian grumbles a few things to the Tauros, part of which is likely an apology for your fawning over it, before the pair head off in the direction you'd came. You watch as the dragon and bull leave the clearing, the Tauros's tails swishing around happily as it follows Eridian like a stray puppy. That left you sitting in the clearing with Farren, the Trapinch not too far away, still fairly cautious. As you pull out your bag, the smell of food seems to draw the Ground type in. Farren begins to talk to it as well, welcoming it in and letting it know you were here to help, not harm.

Trap pin pinch?

The bug clicks as it scuttles in closer. Eyeing off your bag. You're taken a back as the Trapinch just jams its massive head into the bag, pulling out an Iapapa Berry. The berry is quickly broken down by the Trapinch's powerful jaws, no worries Trapinch, help yourself!

Trapinch ate your Iapapa Berry!

The berry seems to satisfy the seemingly young Pokemon as it climbs into your lap and settles down. Wow, didn't take much to earn its trust! Farren rolls his eyes, he wasn't too impressed that the Trapinch had gone from biting his butt to cuddling you. You now had the Trapinch's trust and the Pokemon was clearly displaced, at least that is what you had gathered from Farren. Maybe it would be best to take it with you? Eridian would likely have made it back to the cart with Tauros by now and if anyone had an idea about where the Trapinch had come from, a local like the merchant would be your best bet.


Reply 6
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetan, post: 6759913, member: 57787
Alice pouted lovingly after the Tauros, cooing out another adoring 'awwwh' as it disappeared. Look at that swishy tail! That Tauros was so, so, so cute and she wanted one! "I love him, so much." She told Farren, whose answer definitely sounded like the Pineco version of 'I know'. The Trapinch, her newest concern, thankfully seemed impressed by the snack filled bag. It was a trick that rarely failed, honestly, tried and tested. As a lover of food, she sometimes wished strangers offered her free candy. What? Nothing--

"Oh my god, whoa." It was comical how the Trapinch had suddenly dove into the bag, head first. It clearly knew what it wanted, though, because a moment later it had withdrawn with an Iapapa Berry as a trophy. Between biting Farren's booty and the crushing of the berry, the ground type had shown off its powerful jaws plenty. At least it was happy now. It was like a baby, even, in how it just climbed into her lap to settle, as if the snack had tired it out. She imagined that all of the crazed digging had something to do with it. "Awwh, Farren, don't be like that. We'll make sure that doesn't happen again, and besides, you know I love Trapinch! And one day they can be a beautiful Flygon!" Or at least, Alice hoped it wanted to be. She couldn't deny that if the creature didn't want to evolve, she'd probably be disappointed.

"Okay, we should go and get Eri before he abandons us for someone less irritating than myself." Alice joked, sealing her bag back up. She carefully held the Trapinch as she got up, swinging her bag over one shoulder and then looping her other arm through the second strap. Off she went, Trapinch in arms and Pineco rolling along just a bit ahead of her as they went to check that the old man and Tauros were okay, and to see if he might have any ideas about the displaced Trapinch. If it was all for naught, though, that was fine. Axel or Mimi could maybe help fill in the blanks later.


Update 7
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury, post: 6760314, member: 101661
Meetan- Cradling the Trapinch in your arms, you make your way back to the cart, Farren trailing closely behind. By the time you make it back to the cart, the old trader is just about finished hitching the Tauros back up. Eridian stands nearby, waiting somewhat impatiently for your return. As the elderly gentleman makes his final ties, he turns to thank you, however you can still sense an air of panic about him. "Thank you so much young lady, I don't know how to thank you. I can't afford to lose anymore produce, but perhaps this little trinket will suffice?" The old man pulls a small rainbow coloured shell out of his pocket and presents it to you, it was a Heart Scale! Until now he hadn't notice the Trapinch, but upon seeing it, he seems to string a couple of bits of information together. "Oh is that the little bugger who has been digging all these holes! Do us another favour and take it far away from here. Actually, I might even know where that Trapinch came from. Some poachers were caught here a couple of days back on their way out of the Arcane Realm. A friend told me they had been gathering Pokemon from the Land of Cups, maybe Trapinch was one of those Pokemon?" He looks up at the sun, using it to gauge the time. "I really need to get going, otherwise my buyer will go looking elsewhere. I'm on my way to the Magician's Hamlet, your welcome to catch a ride with me if you'd like, there are plenty of merchants there that might have something of interest to you. If you want to take that little one back home though, that would be in another direction."

The old merchant climbs up onto his cart, grabbing the reins as he waits patiently for your answer. This Trapinch seemed young, maybe it had a family to get back to or they might have been taken as well, meaning the best place for the youngster would be with you? You couldn't afford to keep the old man waiting, you needed to make a decision here and now.


Reply 7
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetan, post: 6760317, member: 57787
It was no surprise that the old man was still feeling shaken up. Alice would have been if she was in his position, and he had time pressures to worry about. Not to mention she might have triggered him a little by having the Trapinch in her arms. Whoops. "You're totally welcome. And it'll more than suffice, thank you!" The trainer was genuinely delighted to take the Heart Scale from the merchant's hands, and she murmured a few comforting notes to the baby while she swung her bag down to pack the prize away. Alice hoisted the bag back up while the man spoke. "Oh, yeah, it was. But she's a shy little bugger, really. -- And that'd make sense. It would explain why she was so stressed and tired. It took Farren's Sweet Scent to get the Pokemon to chill, and with a berry she was right as rain.

"Oh, no worries. And yeah, we'd love to come with you, right guys?" Farren confirmed with more enthusiasm than Eridian, who not only was less bothered about their direction, but knew that his trainer was motivated by laziness and shopping. Of course she'd take any excuse not to use her legs! Alice was of course tempted to go to the Land of Cups, but maybe they could head that way later. For now, the Trapinch seemed settled. Waiting for permission, Alice returned her other two Pokemon and then climbed into the cart, settling into the back with the Trapinch still in her lap, finding a Poke Ball in her bag to officially capture it with. "I think Fiona would be a good name for you, and I don't think you're a little bugger. I think you're lovely." She cooed, giving the ground-dweller a loving scritch and scratch. Her nails had definitely seen better days... "I won't let those poachers or anyone else come after you, okay? I promise." All things considered, if humans had tried to harm it so, it was crazy how quickly it had just accepted her aid. The Trapinch must have been young and desperate, that was for sure. Alice couldn't risk letting it down.


Update 8
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury, post: 6760326, member: 101661

Pleased with your reward, you gratefully accept the Heart Scale, as well as the offer of a ride! You recall Farren and Eridian into their Pokeballs, Eridian a little displeased that'd you'd essentially elected to go shopping. As you settled on the rough wooden seat of the cart, you speak softly to the young Trapinch still nestled in your arms. You reassure it that you'd take good care of it and that it wouldn't have to worry about anyone trying to take it ever again. Digging through your bag you produce a Pokeball, presenting it to the Trapinch, along with the suggestion of a name, Fiona.

Traaaaaaapinch

The Trapinch yawns, but it seems to approve as taps the Pokeball with its nose, causing it to draw her inside. The ball shakes a couple of times in your hand before settling with a resounding click. The capture was successful!

You caught a lvl 5 Female Trapinch! She has the ability Arena Trap as well as the Egg Moves Gust and Bug Bite!

"Well, better in your care than out here running a muck", the man remarks. "I don't think I got a chance to introduce myself properly, my name is Phillip, everyone calls me Phil though, apart from my wife." Phil gives the reins a little flick, urging Tauros forward. The Normal type breaks into a steady gallop, causing you to grab the side of the cart. Maybe this wasn't the best idea after all? "Sorry about the rush and all, but we really need the money from this sale. We're under a lot of pressure at the moment, my wife has been sick and we're low on funds, if we don't get the money we need, we risk losing the farm." It all made sense now, why Phil had been so stressed about his overturned cart. "If we keep this pace we should make it to the Hamlet just in time. Enough about me though, what about yourself? What brings you to the Arcane Realm?"


Reply 8
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetan, post: 6760341, member: 57787
Alice was more than delighted with her capture, especially when her bright pink Pokedex confirmed the extra moves it had, and that it was young just like she suspected. What a cute baby! They'd definitely make sure that little Fiona grew up big and strong. She put the ball away for the moment to keep it safe, curling herself around her belongings so that she didn't lose any to the exceedingly speedy and bumpy ride that they were now on. "Hey, no worries, I understand. Your job's important enough without all of that to worry about, too." She said, as chill as she tended to be. Alice tended to have two extreme modes: lazy and easygoing or the absolute other end of the scale. She was rarely in the middle.

"It's... Kind of a weird story, to be honest." Alice admitted. "I'm Alice Hope, by the way-- I'm a trainer and an idol, more the first than the second a lot of the time. But I was on a mission helping the police in Bedlam Ridge, infiltrating the sanctum. I... Think I blacked out during a trainer battle, and then I woke up. There wasn't much of a mark on me, so I don't think I was shot or anything, but I don't really remember how I got here." Someone might have rescued her, but the one ally it turned out had been assisting her, her Honedge fucking impaled. Not to mention that Farren hadn't been on her person when Alice had started the mission out. The thing was, it wasn't the first of such instances, and it wouldn't be the last. There were so many gaps in her memory, often tailing off of deathly situations... And the young woman had a theory that was unsettling to contemplate. It was possible to come back from the dead in this world, but if that was truly the case... Then how often, and why?

"So, we just started walking along the road. I figure a place with a bunch of people is probably a good next step, too." Alice added optimistically. "Especially if we can stock up on anything decent. But where's the farm, by the way? If there's anything more that we can do for you, we'd love to.


Update 9
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury, post: 6760738, member: 101661
Meetan- As you fill Phil in on your story so far, the old trader is taken a back. It appears he didn't expect a pretty young girl like you to have such a gory back story! Repeating your story to the man made you realise just how many blank parts it had, it even made you consider the possibility that you'd died and somehow recovered. You decide to leave the questions about your past for now, instead you inquire about Phil's farm and whether there was anything you could do to help.

"It's about an hour or two back down the Fool's Path, you can't see it from the road but you probably would have passed it. There is plenty to be done, but nothing I can't handle, as long as this sale goes through. Besides, I wouldn't want you to waste anymore of your time helping me." The trees and open expanses soon begin to give way to homesteads, as you move from the wilderness into a more residential area. The road transitions from dirt to firmly packed cobblestone as you make your way into the Magician's Hamlet. "We're here!"

Phil slows Tauros right down as he is forced to accommodate the crowd that fills the marketplace. Children run through the streets, screeching as they play with their friends. Tradesmen shout out sales pitches, locals stumble around with arms full of goods and travellers walk between the variety of hastily made stalls and well established craftsman shops. "I need to go and find my buyer, you're welcome to come with me or you can hop off here and go have a look around. Either way, its your choice." Phil brought the cart to a stop, standing up to try and get his bearings as he waited for your response.


Reply 9
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetan, post: 6761086, member: 57787
Alice could tell that she had startled Phil with her recollections, and she hoped that he didn't feel uncomfortable. Sometimes she was too open about things, or attempted to play down the seriousness of things that weren't okay at all, without realising that others might react as such. "Well, it's not a waste if we want to do it." She reminded him, but let the whole thing go. If he had it handled, then that was okay, she didn't want to underestimate him simply because he was on the older side. He probably had other Pokemon who assisted him, too, and that could make all of the difference - more than some impractical princess like herself could make, surely. The ride began to get bumpier as the surroundings of nature faded away into an olden, urban setting. The castle loomed over the Magician's Hamlet from its distance, an admirable sight, although Alice couldn't keep focus on it for long when she was convinced one of these idiot locals was going to end up under Tauros' hooves.

"I can at least stay with you until you find your buyer." Alice offered. She wasn't in a rush, really, and she planned to take a look around before heading off wherever life led her. Of course they'd have to aim for home eventually, but it was kind of nice to have an almost aimless wander for once. Usually they went somewhere with a goal in mind, or quickly found one, at least. "You know, if you run over one of those, you get extra points." She absolutely meant the children. Alice had enough problems with kids on this bloody planet, often reinforced by their dumbass parents. It wasn't that she hated the youth but god, she was normally better off avoiding them. If Phil didn't hear her quip, that was fine, though. He was obviously trying to find her buyer, and so Alice began to peer about as well, seeing if there was anything that captured her interest to come and look into later on.


Update 10
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury, post: 6763930, member: 101661
Meetan- Phil lets out a chuckle as he catches your quip about running over children, seems he did have a sense of humour! He seems to work out where he needs to go and sits back down, happy that you've agreed to stay with him until he finds his buyer. "Thanks a lot Alice, if only all youngster were as kind as you." He steers Tauros through the crowd and down a side alley, eventually coming to a stop outside an old warehouse. The warehouse doors are wide open, the first thing you notice is a pair of old jeeps. These certainly weren't from around here, it seemed like most of the Arcane Realm relied on old fashioned modes of transport. A group of men soon make themselves noticed, they're almost as rough looking as the jeeps! Covered in tattoos, torn jackets and jeans, mud stained boots. Half of them had shaved heads, the remainder sporting haircuts you wouldn't pay a barber for. You notice a couple of pokeballs on their belts as well and as one steps forward to confront Phil an Ariados scuttles up his back and onto his shoulder.

"You're late old timer, that means we won't be paying you the full amount", this bloke seems at least half educated, although his lackeys appear less so as they snicker and nudge one another. Phil looks shocked, he was certain you'd get here on time.

"We had trouble on the road, a Trapinch had put holes all through the Fool's Path. I can't be that late, I need the full amount." You notice the man's interest perk slightly when Phil mentions the Trapinch, your Trapinch.

"You'll get what we give you", the man motions for his men to collect the goods and they slowly approach the cart. Phil looks devastated that he won't be getting the money he was promised, surely this wasn't fair?


Reply 10
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetan, post: 6763949, member: 57787
Oh, no, this certainly wasn't fair. Alice had gotten a bad vibe from this place the moment that Phil had turned down a dodgy alley, and especially when she saw the more modern jeeps. She didn't want to be judgemental - she was an outsider, too! - but outsiders with messy jeeps, in a shady alley, coming out and looking like that? There was a lesson to be learned here somewhere, surely... Oh, wait, no there wasn't. They had a freaky Ariados and were acting like pieces of shit. With the way the guy reacted at the mention of Trapinch, too, Alice quickly put potential dots together: these were the poachers, and they'd likely drive miles with Tauros, too, if they had the opportunity, along with whatever was left of Phil's farm. She wondered what else they hid in that warehouse of theirs...

"No. You'll get what he gives you." Alice slid off the back of the cart inelegantly, reaching for one of her Love Balls, which she quickly released. The familiar form of the black Bagon landed on the street, and seeing what he had to work with, the little dragon eyed his opponents up with a snarl. "You pay the full amount, up front, before you put your hands on anything - or you deal with me. Do you understand?"

Eridian was showing teeth, and as if to make a point to the Ariados on the thug's shoulders, his maw began to glow a hot, threatening orange. If they recognised her, they'd hopefully know not to mess with her, but if they didn't and were willing to try it on? Alice was willing to give them a shock. These goons clearly liked to pick on who they perceived as weak, and she was absolutely here to ruin their day. "Have Tauros back up and out of here, and stay where people can see you. I'll catch up on you after, okay? Call or send something if they try anything." Alice added to Phil. She had her mind made up, clearly, and Tauros would likely get spooked if they battled around it. Admittedly, she'd have no issue with Tauros literally trampling these fools, but she didn't want to risk herself or Phil in the process - the goods on the cart would end up all over the place. Her blue eyes returned to the group, sizing them up. She was more nervous than she looked, but she'd faced far worse and come out... Alive, maybe. Debatedly. To be confirmed. "So, how are we doing this?"


Update 11
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury, post: 6764717, member: 101661
Meetan- You certainly didn't think highly of this lot, it didn't take a genius to put the clues together, these guys were poachers! So not only were they planning on underpaying Phil, they were planning on capturing Pokemon against their will! You quickly release Eridian from his ball, the black Bagon snarls, putting all of the men on edge. The Ariados chatters back at the Dragon, not overly intimidated. As you instruct Phil to get Tauros and the cart out of here, the old man refuses to budge. "Alice what are you doing? I told you I need this sale." It seems he isn't too happy with your approach...

"We aren't looking for any trouble young lady", the leader interjects, "of course we'll pay the full amount." He motions for one of his lackeys, who quickly approaches with a brief case full of money. The thug presents it to Phil, who quickly checks that the full amount is present. Happy with the exchange, Phil puts the brief case onto the cart and motions for the men to continue unloading.

"Glad we could come to an agreement", Phil says politely, "have your men unload as quick as they can, "I've got other places to be." Phil grabs your arm softly, pulling you aside so that he can speak to you privately. Eridian still has his eyes locked on the Ariados, he didn't trust the bug. "Alice I can't believe you'd risk blowing my sale, I told you how much I needed this." Phil seems disappointed, but if you hadn't pulled out Eridian, the man likely wouldn't have paid him the full amount. "Please don't do anything else, at least until I'm out of here." It wasn't a massive request, but would you be able to respect his wishes when your gut was telling you that these guys weren't to be trusted?


Reply 11
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetan, post: 6764885, member: 57787
Alice was satisfied that the men had quickly surrendered, but she still didn't trust it. They had been far too confident mere moments ago, and while perhaps they had just dismissed her as some damsel before, it wasn't as if the Ariados was matching their fear. She kept her eyes on them until Phil called her out, and her cheeks immediately burned red, stomach twisting. Was he seriously saying that to her? In private? She knew that he was desperate-- but really?

"Yeah, but they weren't even going to pay you properly for it! Not much might be better than nothing, but all of your pay is better than that!" And Alice was suspicious of that, too. She genuinely wondered if the bills were falsified or something, but it wasn't like Alice had the knowledge to figure out something of the sort, and interrogations didn't always reap honest answers (still worth a try on these losers, though...). "I won't, I promise. I wasn't here trying to make trouble for you, I just wanted you to get all of the money you needed. Can't you see they're shady as hell? Didn't you see the face that guy made? They're probably at least linked to the poachers!" Her voice was still hushed, expression showing urgency. Honestly, she wasn't sure why she was bothering-- Phil probably didn't care this point now that he'd scolded her. He had his own affairs that he was clearly locked into. At least she had escorted him, anyway, and hopefully he could leave without a problem and things would work out fine for him. For her, on the other hand, she felt torn. Once Phil was gone, she probably had a duty to at least check this stuff out... But what to do? That was the question. The end of this exchange would likely help with that, and if Eridian had picked up on anything or what his instincts told them to do.


Update 12
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury, post: 6768632, member: 101661

Meetan- Still shocked that Phil had scolded you, you do your best to apologise and convince the old farmer that these men weren't trustworthy. All you had to go off was a gut feeling and the leader's reaction to Phil's mention of your Trapinch, neither of which is enough to convince Phil. "I appreciate you getting me the full amount, I truly do, but what if that hadn't worked? None of what you've said is enough to convince me that these men could be poachers and I doubt any of the local law enforcement would be willing to take a gut feeling as evidence. Look into it if you want, but wait until I'm out of here." Phil certainly was in the mood for delivering home truths.....

You wait around while the men unload Phil's cart. Eridian continues his stare off with the Ariados, while you keep an eye or ear out for anything of interest. Leaning up against the side of the cart, you catch a small exchange between two of the men....

"Boss says we're heading out at sun down", one remarks, but before you can hear anymore they spot you and fall silent once more. It isn't long before they finish unloading the cart, their own vehicles were now filled with the produce, wherever they were going, they were taking it with them.

"Our business is concluded, on your way now", the leader shoots you a smile. He'd gotten what he wanted, Phil had gotten what he wanted, all parties were happy, except for you. "I'm afraid this will be our last exchange, we'll be looking for a more reliable supplier in the future." The man turns, caring little about Phil's reaction, while his Ariados hisses one last time at Eridian. The old man looks disgruntled, but at least he had what he came for. He climbs back onto his now empty cart and picks up the reins, preparing to turn Tauros around.

"You coming Alice?" Phil questions, "I can drop you back in the main square so you can do a bit of shopping if you'd like."


Reply 12
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetan, post: 6774325, member: 57787
Alice couldn't believe him. She knew he was under stress, but seriously? These people screamed bad vibes. Perhaps he was sheltered or just distracted, believing the best in people - or maybe he did because if he considered the worst, his life would be in trouble. That wouldn't change these thugs and what they would have tried to do, though. She said nothing more, simply keeping an eye on the scene, her Bagon able to sense how infuriated his human was feeling. It probably didn't show beyond mild annoyance to the others, however, or at least not until the leader spoke. Alice initially returned his smile with a polite one, but once he said he was cutting business with the trader-- oof. If looks could kill.

"-- Yeah. I'd like that, thank you. Come on, Eridian." Alice prompted of the Bagon, who was returning the Ariados' hissing with a growl and hint of fiery teeth. Sure, maybe not in front of the elderly, but he had an educated guess at this point that Alice wouldn't mind if both the spider and his trainer went up in flames at this point. So long as the fire didn't touch her, what would it matter? It didn't seem like anyone knew them here. Reluctantly, and with a last sneer, Eridian moved to join his own human in the back of the cart. Both of them kept their eyes on the goons until they were led out of sight, and Alice only spoke when she was certain they were out of earshot.

"I'm sorry that you felt like we caused you trouble back there, but those men weren't going to listen to reason. You can completely ditch us after this if that's what you want-- and I was never going to start anything while you were there." Alice clarified, given that Phil seemed to suddenly think she was a loose cannon. "I have a lot of contacts outside of the Arcane Realm. I can always see if any of them are looking for people to trade with and suggest you once I can get in touch with them-- do you have a business card or anything?" She wanted to make up for the lost business in some way, even if she felt like they weren't much to lose in her own opinion. They would have screwed him over eventually, and Alice wouldn't have been there to save him, or anyone else most likely.


Update 13
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury, post: 6777095, member: 101661

Meetan- You hop back onto the cart with Eridian as Phil manoeuvres his way out of the alleyway. Eridian keeps his eyes on the warehouse, even as Tauros pulls you away, he didn't like anything about that exchange. You're left feeling disgruntled as well, you only wanted to help Phil, perhaps there was still a way for you to do that? Offering to give Phil's number to some of your outside contacts draws a smile from the old man once more.

"Thank you Alice, you really do have a kind and giving heart," Phil digs into his pocket before pulling out a small piece of card with his name and number on it. He hands it to you with a smile, "I know those guys really didn't seem on the level, maybe if you got some evidence to show that they're up to something the authorities would put a stop to them?" Tauros comes to a stop as you reenter the main market. "Well I guess this is where we part ways, for now at least. It has been a pleasure meeting you Alice." Eridian leaps down off the wagon, waving a goodbye to Tauros. You hop down as well, waving a goodbye to Phil as he steers Tauros through the bustling crowd.

Now on your own once more, you decide to have a look through the market. There are a range of different stalls. Some seem to be selling foods and medicine, you peer through the window of a shop filled with an array of different stones. You pass another stall with plenty of different held items, as well as another selling handcrafted Apricorn balls. As you continue your scouting sweep around the market, you pass a heap of different clothing boutiques, as well as what appears to be a dusty old record shop, with crates full of disk piled everywhere.
[/color]


Reply 13
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetan, post: 6777317, member: 57787
Alice absently pet her Bagon's smooth back and the hard cap of his head as the cart moved. It was reassuring to see that Phil still thought well of her after what had happened. Maybe he had simply scolded her to keep up appearances, or it had happened because of the pressure that he was under. "Thank you, I'll see what I can do." She told him, putting the business card into her wallet, on top of some of the store cards and other bits that she had crammed in there. "Yeah, that's what I was thinking of doing, actually. I'm hoping it works out, but these things are never so simple."

As one could expect, the market was busy, and Alice was honestly impressed by anyone willing to risk driving through that. She knew people well enough, people were stupid, it was asking to hit someone or have some other hassle come up. Still, Alice exchanged similar pleasantries as she disembarked, both woman and Pokemon waving off the elderly man and his beautiful, shy Tauros. Once they were out of sight, Alice made a move, at first perusing the stalls. She wasn't there long, at first peering through the window of the stone shop, curious by what items they might have. It didn't take long for her to move on, however, Alice's interests as predictable as ever.

"Ooh, Eri, look!" Not far away, there was the stall to end all stalls. As pretty as the clothing boutiques looked, this was better, and the dragon kept at his trainer's toes as the blonde bolted over to have a look. "Excuse me, do you have any Love Balls?" She'd purchase as many as she could afford or carry, whichever came first.


Update 14
Spoiler: show
[
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury, post: 6780770, member: 101661
Meetan- Upon spotting the stall selling Apricorn balls, your heart skips a beat. If there was one thing you loved, it was Love Balls. The precious pink balls were often hard to track down, they weren't sold at your run of the mill department store. It took a master craftsman to turn Apricorns into usable Pokeballs and it was a dying art, you just hoped that they still had some Love Balls left! As you approach the store, a pleasant old woman stares up at you, her head barely sitting above the counter despite her standing on a stool. She adjusts the thick glasses resting on her nose, allowing her to get a better look at you.

"Hello there sweetie", she greets you kindly, "looking for anything in particular?" You manage to spurt out the words Love and Ball, which prompts the woman to search through her remaining stock. "Oh it looks like I only have three left deary", she puts the two balls on the counter in front of you. "I'm afraid Pink Apricorns are few and far between at the moment, I haven't managed to find any for a few weeks now. I'll sell you them for $300 each. If you can track down some Apricorns I can also turn them into balls for a small favour, it'll take a little time though." Unfortunately it doesn't seem like you're going to be walking away with a horde of Love Balls like you'd hoped, but some is better than none right? However it seems that the woman isn't just a seller of Apricorn Balls, she's also a craftsman. If you had any Apricorns on you, now would likely be a good opportunity to get them changed into balls.


Reply 14
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetan, post: 6780775, member: 57787
It was a good thing, really, that there weren't as many left as Alice had hoped. The disappointment on her face was obvious, and Eridian murmured something snarky and snorted; a bit of smoke flaring from the sooty dragon's nostrils. The fact was, though, she'd have just gone and made herself bankrupt if the opportunity had presented itself and with so many shops around there was definitely the opportunity. Alice was a predictable creature, after all. "That's perfect! I'll take all three, and I have four apricorns I can give you, too! My babies brought them back from a holiday for me but I've not had a chance to switch them up yet." She explained, swinging her bag around to rifle through for the precious items, which she'd even stuck in a box for good measure. "What kind of favour did you have in mind? I didn't really have anything planned until later on..." She added. Of course, Alice wanted to get to the record store before the shops shut, but she also wanted to go and check out that warehouse - but maybe it would be better to catch them in the act as they were preparing to leave? It was hard to say, but it felt ballsy to plan a break in in broad daylight. Perhaps if they saw a police officer around, Alice could try to tip them off. Remembering herself, Alice also took out her cute wallet to set the money out for the transaction at hand, excited to transfer her Pokemon over (or perhaps find a new buddy to stick in one of them!) once she had the chance.


Update 15
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury, post: 6780861, member: 101661

Meetan- Somewhat disappointed in the quantity of available Love Balls, you put on a happy face as you pull out your wallet and pay for the three Love Balls. You also pull four pink Apricorns out of your bag, catching the woman buy surprise. "Oh these are lovely Apricorns, they'll make perfect balls!" The old lady picks up the Apricorns one by one and turns them around in her worn, old hands, assessing them for any imperfections. "It's not too big of a favour, its just that I'm getting a bit old and to do it myself would exhaust me. Remember how I said some of the Apricorns aren't growing too well at the moment? Well I was hoping some good fertiliser would get the trees producing again. There is no better fertiliser than fresh Mudbray mud, if I had a constant source of that, my business would surely benefit." The old lady places a grey Heavy Ball on the counter. "I heard some travellers say they spotted a small herd of Mudbray just outside of town this morning. You look like a capable trainer, do you think you could catch me one? I'd have your balls ready for you by the time you get back of course."

The old lady's task was a simple one, catch her a Mudbray. It seemed pretty straight forward, but who knew what difficulties you'd encounter? If you spent too much time on this, you might not be able to check out any of the other stores, or worse, you could miss your opportunity to suss out what those suspicious men were up to. It was just after midday, you had a bit of time up your sleeve, but is it enough?


Reply 15
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetan, post: 6780878, member: 57787
"Oh, yeah." Alice had said as the shopkeeper prompted her about the Love Balls. She had recalled it, because it sucked to know that fighting for her favourite capture item was going to continue on for a while more, at least where the Arcane Realm was concerned. Sure, they could leave and go home anytime, but they seemed to be near impossible to come by there, too. "That sounds like something we could definitely do." She said. With Jasper's Mean Look and the combined senses of her other Pokemon, surely they could track down the herd before they got too far. "I've got one more shop to check, and then we'll head out that way and see what we can find." If her intuition was right, that Records Store sold more than music, and perhaps some TMs would help balance out the team's odds against not only the Mudbray, but against their intended targets later on, too.

Making sure the Love Balls were safely popped away, Alice asked what time the woman intended to pack up and where she could be find before heading off at a brisk pace towards the TM Shop to see what they had in stock. If it was all just the same fare and prices as her usual haunts, she wouldn't bother, but if they had sales items or anything else that would catch her eye, Alice would stick around to purchase some moves. Sure, the task the woman had set sounded easy on principle - Pokemon like Eridian likely wouldn't struggle against a wild Mudbray, but if they had to track down or even potentially fight all of its friends, it was going to consume their time, and all of it was precious right now. If they had to heal up, too, then that meant more cutting into their task tonight, and they couldn't risk those warehouse goons running off or they might never be found again.


Update 16
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury, post: 6781500, member: 101661
Meetan- Confident you can complete the task set by the old craftswoman, you pick up the Heavy Ball, pocketing it for now as you plan on squeezing in a bit more shopping before you head out. Your gut tells you that dusty old record shop you passed might be stocking more than just an outdated music collection. If you could snag a couple of on sale technical machines, it would probably make capturing a Mudbray a whole lot easier. You didn't know a lot about the species but you'd certainly heard tales of their stubbornness, one certainly wouldn't allow itself to be captured without a good fight. It takes you a little bit of time to locate the store again, the bustling crowd making it hard for you to get your bearings. A bell chimes as you open the door, waking the scruffy looking teen who was passed out behind the front counter. The first thing you notice is the strong herbal scent in the air, however it didn't exactly smell medicinal. He rubs his eyes before letting out a groan. "Eh we're having a sale at the moment, half off whatever you want. I think there was some old TM's in that box over there, I don't know."

Surely this guy couldn't be getting paid..... Either way, you follow Eridian as he heads over to the box the far from helpful merchant had pointed out. He tosses aside some useless old records, thankfully it seems the teen has begun to drift off again. Eventually he pulls out a nice little clutch of TM disks, which he spreads out on the floor for you to get a better look. TM Rock Tomb $500 $250. TM Nature Power $700 $350. TM Dragon Pulse $700 $350. TM Sandstorm $800 $400. TM Double Team $700 $350. It wasn't exactly a massive selection, but at half price these TM's were bargains! Eridian looks at the now sleeping merchant, then back to you. He was asleep again, maybe you could just take them? He was that out of it he probably wouldn't even notice they were gone, or remember that you were in here. Big risk, big reward, but was it really worth it?


Reply 16
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetan, post: 6781537, member: 57787
Alice was impressed by Eridian's quickness in sorting all of this out, although she was pretty sure that the guy had been smoking weed (or whatever this world's version of it was). Either that or he'd worn himself out doing something. If he was being paid, he was obviously bored enough and went without monitoring regardless, so... Damn. The dragon was tossing aside records with enough frivolity that she was surprised none of them smashed, but at least they soon got to the good stuff. Some of these moves were seriously good and cheap to boot, and Alice was so glad they'd come here. They would give Jasper the edge they needed for sure, and save them some money in the long run. It was just a shame that they'd missed out on more, but the Love Balls made that worth it too, in the end.

"Okay, hang on..." Maths wasn't her strong suit, and Alice triple checked her calculations as she went through her pretty purse another time. It had absolutely crossed the idol's mind that they could probably just steal what was there, but it didn't feel worth it when her finances were in order just fine. Besides, there had to be some cameras or something to try and prevent such moves or they'd get robbed under this guy's 'watch' all of the time! Laying
$1700 on the desk, Alice turned away and took advantage of the quiet to release Jasper, her pink Sableye cocking his head in intrigue.

"Listen boy, if we can capture a Mudbray for an old lady in need, at least four Love Balls are ours for no monetary exchange whatsoever. And I think you're a perfect candidate for the battling job, but we're gonna give you a little boost, okay?" She decided to make use of the TMs right there, already an expect with managing them after all this time. Once they were all applied, Alice set the cases by the desk to be recycled later, and they were off. The pink Sableye clung to one shoulder, light as a feather given his ghostly form, and Eridian was by her side. If someone tripped over his hardy head, it was absolutely them who was going to suffer, not him. They were brisk in their movements, jogging in places where it was possible without losing each other. They needed to hurry up and head outside to find a Mudbray, and fast!

[Teaching Jasper the Sableye TMs Rock Romb, Nature Power, Dragon Pulse and Sandstorm!]


Update 17
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury, post: 6781864, member: 101661

Meetan- You avoid the temptation to make off with the TM's without paying, generating a shrug from Eridian, the black Bagon not all too fussed if you want to waste your money. With Jasper loaded up with an arsenal of new attacks, you make your way out of the shop and bustle your way through the crowd on your way out of the marketplace. Eridian ploughs head first through the crowd, not really caring about who gets in his way and the crowd soon learns to get out of his way.

You make your way back out of the hamlet, following the same road out that you came in on. The old craftswoman said that the Mudbray were spotted not far out of town, so you head straight into the forest. Jasper crawls down from your shoulder and him and Eridian begin sniffing around for clues. As you follow them deeper into the trees, you come to a stop as you notice the ground is covered in muddy hoof prints. You were certainly in the right place. The tracks seem to break off into two distinct paths. One leads off to a nearby grove, you squint your eyes and you swear you can spot some apples hanging from the trees. The other path leads off in the opposite direction, through some thick shrubs. You can make out the faint sound of running water coming from that direction. It seems you have a choice to make. Jasper seems to favour the path towards the water, while Eridian seems eager to head towards the grove but there is a chance he just spotted the apples and wants something to eat....


Reply 17
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetan, post: 6782039, member: 57787
It was nice to get out of the hustle and bustle of the hamlet, in spite of being a city girl at heart. Although her memories of her childhood were faint, Alice knew they had hailed from a small market town, and they honestly felt more congested at times than London or New Fizz ever could. She frowned as her imp climbed down from his mount, watching the two as they sniffed about. They were obviously going in the right direction, because things were getting muddier and there were hoof prints to boot. She whispered her praise to the duo, only for them to reach a fork in the exploration: Bagon wanted to pursue the route with the apple trees and Jasper was insistent on wherever the running water was coming from. Both were promising leads, but which one would pay off?

"-- Eri, let's try this way first." Alice said, earning a growl and a glare from the black dragon. It probably didn't help that Jasper's expression was eerie and smug by default, but that his personality could often lean into that. "I'm sorry!" She insisted with a whisper, moving to lovingly crouch and throw her arms around the Bagon, but he still looked unforgiving. The grove was right! And it came with free food! Why was free food fine for her and not for them?! Still, the trainer and ghostie were pursuing the sound of the water, quiet and careful in case they spooked the Pokemon they came for. Of course Eridian had to follow. God knows what these chuckleheads would get into without him defending their sorry behinds...


Update 18
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury, post: 6782051, member: 101661

Meetan- Much to Eridian's displeasure, you head away from the Grove and its bounty of apples and make your way towards the water source. Jasper uses his sharp claws to slash through the thick shrubbery, clearing the way for you ever so politely. He was certainly feeling smug after you chose his option over the Bagon's and he'd certainly rub it in the Dragon's face if he ended up leading them to the Mudbray. You emerge from the trees to find yourself on the bank of a slow moving river. On the far side you just catch the unmistakable brown rears of Mudbray heading into the long grass on the other side of the river! Jasper hisses, annoyed that you had just missed your opportunity, but perhaps it wasn't too late?

Eridian spots something further down stream, a young Mudbray still playing in the thick mud of the riverbank. It obviously hadn't paid attention when the rest of the herd moved off, or more likely it was stubborn and chose to stay and frolic for a while. A mistake it would likely regret, because on its own it would be easy pickings for you! You manage to maintain the element of surprise for now, the Mudbray is too busy enjoying itself to pay any attention to its surroundings. Jasper glares at Eridian, as if to say "I told you so." Eridian doesn't take too kindly to that however and shoves the Sableye before rushing toward the Mudbray, it seems that he has a point to prove! If you're not quick, Eridian will blow your cover and alert the Mudbray, however in his current mood the Bagon might not take to kindly to playing second fiddle to Jasper.


Reply 18
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetan, post: 6782059, member: 57787
Alice pouted, seeing that they had narrowly missed the herd of Mudbray. There was no way that they could get across the river without the Pokemon noticing them, but they were in luck. One little Mudbray had stayed alone to play! How bad she felt, then, that they had to interrupt it, but a job was a job and this was their best shot. Better to disturb one foal than to get upset a whole crowd, and maybe it'd be harder for the herd to trample them in revenge if there was a river separating them. "Come on, guys, chill out." Alice whispered, seeing the way the two Pokemon were bickering at each other. As far as she knew, Eridian wasn't even the jealous type, so what gave? She gasped when the dragon suddenly shoved the other Pokemon, taking the Sableye aback, his jagged teeth clearly curving downward in dismay. Not only that, but Eridian was charging off and ruining their moment!

"Jasper, hurry up ahead and use Mean Look and Infestation on that Mudbray before we can lose it!" Alice ordered of her Sableye. The dual type nodded, his form shifting so that only the gem-like eyes were visible, although she could hear the swift tip-taps of his paws as he hurried to intercept their prey. "Eri, Rock Tomb or Hydro Pump! Or at least wait a second and come back!" The blonde added in a frantic hiss, trying to stay out of sight as she hurried after the eager dragon. She had no idea if he'd listen to her, but it was worth a try. Hopefully whatever stunt he pulled didn't ruin their chances. It wasn't like the Bagon was dumb, after all, but this was impulsive. Maybe he just wanted to show that his instincts were good, too.


Update 19
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury, post: 6782077, member: 101661

Meetan- With Eridian acting strangely and risking blowing your plan, you quickly urge Jasper to get ahead of him. The Sableye fades almost from sight, his bright gem eyes still visible. He streaks past the Bagon, his Prankster ability giving him a surge of speed as he casts a Mean Look upon the unsuspecting Mudbray. The Ground type has no idea what is coming for him until Jasper sends a surge of bug energy through the ground, which quickly swarms around the muddy mule, making it pretty much impossible for it to flee. It does alert the Alolan native to your presence however and it turns to face your incoming Pokemon, bracing from impact. Eridian chooses the stronger of the two options you gave him, the Bagon fires off a powerful Hydro Pump! The Super Effective attack slams into the Mudbray, but doesn't even force it back an inch. A rather enraged look develops on the normally doe-eyed Mudbray as it pulls itself out of the mud to confront its attackers. You get a sinking feeling that perhaps the Mudbray had stayed behind because it was confident it could handle itself...

The mad Mudbray charges forward, shaking the ground as it Bulldozes towards Eridian. Both the dragon and the ghost are shaken by the attack as they find their speed reduced. Jasper is lucky in that the Mudbray hasn't really caught sight of him yet, but Eridian isn't as lucky. The Ground type kicks up the pace as it tramples over the Bagon with a High Horsepower before quickly following up with a Double Kick that sends Eridian flying head first into the mud pool. The Dragon struggles in the thick mud, he only had himself to blame though, if he hadn't acted so rashly he probably could have avoided all of this. Jasper lets out a snicker as he watches his ally splash down, but he could be next. The Mudbray notices the sunlight refracting through Jasper's gems and turns its attention to the partially concealed ghost, even as the infestation continues to cling to it. This wasn't going to be an easy fight...


Reply 19
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetan, post: 6782083, member: 57787
Alice was relieved that Jasper managed to get to the Mudbray first, at least ensuring that whatever happened next, they wouldn't be losing the Mudbray to runaway tactics. As it turned out, they might be losing it to a battle won, because its small size meant absolutely nothing - something that Alice really should've been keen to by now. Between her own Pokemon and past encounters, this whole book-cover-judging-thing should've been nipped in the bud forever ago. Alas, Eridian's rash behaviour is punished with quite the pummelling, enough to make the blonde clench her teeth and cringe. She shot Jasper a glare and told him to cut it out. This was not appropriate team behaviour.

"Eridian, walk it off! Use Double Team, then Dragon Rush and Dragon Breath! Jasper, hang back and wait for me." She said. It wasn't fair to ambush this Mudbray with two Pokemon on one, and Alice needed to give the dragon a chance to recover his pride and prove his worth rather than reducing them both. Plus, while she'd otherwise feel inclined to tag Jasper in - he'd literally been the best choice for this mission from the start given his abilities - Alice didn't want to upset Eridian more by showing the Sableye favouritsm. Especially not when he was being a little bitch about it. Jasper pouted, pointing a claw at the pair and grumbling something like the child he was. "I don't care. You get over here right now, young man." She pointed at her feet, and the Sableye sulked over, clinging to the woman's leg while he waited for his turn. Hopefully Eridian would just get the bashing he'd stupidly earned, and then he could sit in his ball while he, Jasper, the better one got the job done! Yes, yes!


Update 20
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury, post: 6782107, member: 101661

Meetan- Although you'd grossly underestimated the Mudbray, you still feel like it is unfair to gang up on the Ground type. Eridian had gotten himself into this mess, literally, he deserved the chance to make up for his mistake. Jasper is for from pleased about your decision as he slinks back to your side, you can almost here him cursing the Bagon, hoping he'd fail. If the Mudbray's first exchange with the Bagon was anything to go off, there was a fair chance Jasper would get his wish.

Eridian struggles to get out of the mud. While the Mudbray could move through the viscous fluid like a Swinub in snow, the little dragon with his stubby arms and heavy head was having a real bad time. He attempts to follow orders and spread out in a Double Team, but the mud restricts his movements, greatly reducing the effectiveness of the move. The Mudbray shows no concern over the increased number of Bagons that are flailing and struggling to get out of the mud. It forms a swirling storm of rocks around itself before sending them sliding towards Eridian, making quick work of the clones and dealing a nice bit of damage to the dragon. Eridian knows that as long as he's in the mud, he's a sitting Ducklett. He begins to gather his strength, tapping into the power of his Dragon typing his surges forward, rushing out of the mud. The black Bagon roars with relief as he pulls himself free of the mud and hurdles towards the Mudbray. A dragon shaped construct of energy surrounds him as he slams into the Ground type, but the Mudbray doesn't budge. It seems the Mudbray's Stamina is already proving beneficial, its physical defence almost impossible to penetrate. The Mudbray lobs a Mud Bomb at Eridian, forcing the dragon to leap back as he uses his Dragon Breath to counter the attack, saving himself from being coated in even more mud. This Mudbray certainly was a quality specimen, that old craftswoman was surely getting the better end of this bargain!


Reply 20
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetan, post: 6782113, member: 57787
Alice was tense, teeth together and then biting her lip, nervous about the decision she'd made. Eridian really wasn't faring well in this terrain, whereas Jasper was a lot more agile and literally able to phase through most things. As smug as Jasper was and wanting his spotlight, he could tell that the trainer was worried, and it wasn't all too fun when it got sad. Thankfully, Eridian managed to save himself through sheer power, propelling himself fiercely out of the mud. It was scary, though, how the Mudbray just seemed to stand there and take it. Between its stamina and natural hardiness, this battle might be an actual nightmare. No wonder the craftswoman had sent someone else to do this job, she was in for a treat once they snagged this thing!

"Eridian, it's gonna be okay, we've got this." Alice said, while absolutely not being sure if they had this. The key, though, was clearly to make use of special attacks and keep their distance. Maybe they'd be alright. "Use Dragon Pulse and Dragon Breath, then use Hydro Pump again!" She was wary of him getting tired, but if that happened, maybe it'd be okay to switch Jasper in. Alice was just hoping that the Bagon would be able to overwhelm the Mudbray with power before it began to matter, and then once she'd captured the Mudbray and handed it over, she could swing by the Pokemon Centre or whatever alternative the hamlet had to patch him up. Plus, there was no need for him to run back, although she always liked to have at least one Pokemon out with her so that she didn't have to go alone.


Update 22
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury, post: 6782122, member: 101661

Meetan- With Eridian gaining little ground on the stalwart Mudbray, you decide you need to exploit the ground type's weaker Special Defence. Mudbray was stronger at close range and when taking physical attacks, if Eridian could keep at a distance and keep chipping away at it, he might just weaken it enough for a capture attempt. As the Mudbray attempts to close the gap, Eridian tries to remain fleet footed, pushing the Ground type back with a powerful Dragon Pulse. The attack at least manages to generate a pained whinny from the stubborn little mule. It then tries to shake the Bagon of his feet, slamming its mud clad hooves into the ground. Luckily the shock waves it creates are only of a low Magnitude and although they do some damage to the dragon, he manages to maintain his footing. Flanking around to keep the Mudbray guessing, Eridian snaps his jaws open as he bathes the ground type with his Dragon Breath. The strange flames cause the opposing Pokemon's muscles to cramp with paralysis, further inhibiting its ability to get close to the dragon.

Eridian seems to be on the front foot now, with the Mudbray struggling to move he pushes his advantage and fires off another Hydro Pump. Showing how truly stubborn and pigheaded it is, the Mudbray charges straight into the incoming attack, knowing full well he has no chance of avoiding it. As he hits the water he continues to surge forward, pushing through the water as if fuelled by Superpower. Eridian keeps up the attack, doing his best to push the Mudbray back but it seems nothing will stop him. Eventually Eridian runs out of puff and drops the attack, letting the Mudbray through. The Ground type crashes into the black Bagon, sending him tumbling backwards. Eridian slowly rises to his feet, he's exhausted but still standing. The Mudbray is looking exhausted as well and with the paralysis holding it back, this might be the perfect opportunity to capture it. You've only got one Heavy ball though, so if you were going to take your chance, you would have to make it count!


Reply 22
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetan, post: 6782176, member: 57787
Alice enthusiastically cheered as Eridian began to turn the tide for himself, feeling proud of her little baby (although the description hardly suited him - he was at least seven years old by now! Jasper's attention was locked into the battle, seeing the pair zip around, stunned that the dragon had managed to steal an advantage from the wily Mudbray. Sure, Eridian was one of the older and more elite members of Alice's line-up, but that little mule had given him total hell from the moment the encounter had started. It was even paralysed, what luck! "It's okay, you've got this, Eri. Keep it up! I want you to use the same three attacks, one more time!" She instructed him, and Eridian inhaled deeply, dark eyes tired but unrelenting; reflecting the rest of him. "And then you can take a good rest once we catch it!"

The dragon did as asked, taking another deep breath. Alice had reached into her bag, picking out the Heavy Ball and enlarging it in her hand. If everything went to plan, the Mudbray would hopefully be weak enough to be an easy capture, and she could just throw the ball (and have Jasper retrieve it because... Holy hell, that's a lot of mud, and she was a weakling like that) and be done with this whole battle. Alice had a feeling that it might not be so straightforward given the trouble the Mudbray had given them thus far, but they didn't have a whole lot of time to spare today, so she was praying to Arceus it'd be damn quick and easy.


Update 23
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury, post: 6783274, member: 101661

Meetan- Not wanting to taking your foot off the throat, you order Eridian to give the Mudbray another serving. The Bagon groans, between the extra weight of the mud, trying to keep on the move as well as firing off repeat attacks, he was beginning to get tired. It seemed the Mudbray was feeling the same, it seemed content to Bide its time....

Eridian let fly with a Dragon Pulse, the powerful attack managing to force the Mudbray back a few steps. Continuing his assault he bathes the Ground type with another Dragon Breath, the Mudbray groans as it endures the same attack that had previously left it paralysed. Eridian huffs and puffs, this was getting exhausting. He looks back at Jasper, the Sableye was still grinning. Looking to finish the job, the black Bagon fires a final Hydro Pump at the Mudbray, who until this point hadn't moved a muscle. However, as the attack hits the Alolan native, a massive amount of energy condenses around it. A tremendous beam quickly overpowers Eridian's Hydro Pump before hitting the Bagon and sending him soaring through the air. He comes crashing down near your feet, for a moment you don't think he'll get up. Eventually the dragon rises, he's unsteady and barely able to hold himself up, but he's conscious! The Mudbray is buckling at the knees, it put everything it had into that final Bide. Seeing your opportunity you take aim and toss the Heavy Ball towards the Mudbray. It makes no effort to move and the ball strikes true, pulling it inside. The ball lands in a nice puddle of mud, where it shakes a couple of times before coming to a stop with a click!

You caught the Mudbray!

Jasper rushes out to collect the ball, the Sableye quickly scoops it up and rushes back to you with it. You graciously accept the mud covered ball from the ghost, giving it a couple of shakes to try and get the excess mud off of it. The sun was starting to set over the horizon, the day was slipping away from you. You'd better get a move on!

Eridian gained 4 levels! (as Eridian is lvl 100, you receive 4 Rare Candies from an unknown source....)


Reply 23
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetan, post: 6783536, member: 57787
Alice had never seen Eridian looking so rough, and this was all because of some Mudbray? It was insane. Thankfully, the attacks worked out even if Eridian took a final, built-up release of power from their target. Heck, seeing her heavy little dragon thrown around like that was honestly horrifying, and Alice couldn't help but wonder if letting Eri redeem himself to the very end was really the right thing to do. Relief washed over her when the Heavy Ball clicked, and before she could even ask Jasper had taken the imitative to go and collect it for her. Yucky, but less yucky for not having to step into the mud. "Thank you, Jasper." Alice said to her ghost, minimising the sphere to put away again.

"And you, Eridian. Thank you. But next time, stick with our pack, okay? I love you." Alice added, crouched down to look at him, setting a kiss to his hardy forehead. "Take a rest, we couldn't have done this without you." She put him away and urged Jasper to come along. It was clearly getting late and this was not the kind of timing Alice had hoped for. Of course the dual-type was glad to be the sole attention for now, and Alice went between urgent walking and dashing to return to the hamlet's marketplace, seeking out the woman to give the Heavy Ball to. "Hopefully there's a Pokemon Centre nearby, but I'm worried we won't have time if we wanna get back to that warehouse." She added, hoping to find the right stall. The woman had likely waited for them, but still. God forbid if she hadn't and this had not only been for nothing, but basically a loss! Except for the magical candies, of course, but one doesn't simply acknowledge magical candies in Fizzytopia.


Update 24
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury, post: 6789150, member: 101661

Meetan- Minimising the Heavy Ball, you place it in your bag before also recalling Eridian. The Bagon had been through a lot, although he had kind of gotten himself into the situation. You now found yourself under a fair bit of time pressure. Not only did you have to head all the way back to the markets, you had to exchange the captured Mudbray for the Love Balls, then hopefully locate someone capable of healing Eridian. Time permitting you'd make it to the warehouse in time to catch those crooks red handed, but that was beginning to look more and more unlikely. Jasper dashes effortlessly alongside you, moving quickly wasn't exactly your forte but you didn't really have much of a choice in this situation.

It takes you slightly less time to return to where you'd come from, although it probably would have been a quick trip if you hadn't needed to stop so much to catch your breath. The woman awaits your arrival with a big smile on her face. She places the 4 newly crafted Love Balls on the table, she certainly was a fast worker. "There you are deary, four brand new Love Balls. How did you get on with that Mudbray? I know they can be a little stubborn, I hope it didn't give you too much trouble." She waits patiently for you to present her with the Pokemon you'd captured for her. Being a local, this woman probably had a good idea about where to go to get Pokemon treated, or at least know someone who could hook you up with a quick potion. There was very little light left, that thug you'd overheard had said they were heading out at sun down, if that wasn't now, it was soon. If you couldn't find a quick way to heal Eridian, you'd either have to leave him untreated for now or risk losing track of the men you're certain are poachers.


Reply 24
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetan, post: 6812201, member: 57787
Alice hadn't returned to the vendor as quickly as she might have wanted, but she got there in relatively good time and that was what counted. Handing over the Heavy Ball, she was made to feel better by the sight of the freshly crafted Love Balls that were exchanged for them. She was a reward-motivated person, after all, and having something tangible was relieving. She popped the pink and white orbs into her bag, figuring that she could sort all of that out at a better moment. Right now, the party needed to figure out where to go next and how much time that'd take.

"Thank you so much for these, they're awesome." Alice complimented firstly, "And honestly, it was a bit difficult, but my Bagon got it good in the end. He took a lot of damage, though, and I was wondering if there's a Pokemon Centre or somewhere else close by that I can take him? We've got somewhere really important to go to, fast, but I really don't want to leave him as is if I can help it." Eridian was a core part of her team, for this kind of mission at least, and Alice really didn't want to exchange him for another even if she had plenty of dependable Pokemon waiting in the wings. Sundown was fast approaching, and while Alice had caught her breath, all of this rushing around before predicted chaos really wasn't going to have them at their peak if they even arrived in time.


Update 25
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury, post: 6813108, member: 101661

Meetan- Eager to make it back to the warehouse in time but equally desperate to get Eridian healed up, you ask the old craftswoman whether she knows of a local healer or anywhere you could get the Bagon back to full strength. After accepting the Heavy Ball from you, the old woman smiles and points behind you. "Head straight back that way and you'll find the local Pokemon Center, its equipped with the latest technology, they should be able to heal your Bagon in no time flat!"

It turns out that getting Eridian healed might not be that time consuming after all! You say your goodbyes and rush towards the building that you were directed to. On the outside it looked like every other building in this old hamlet, apart from the sign hanging by the door which was painted with the signature mark of a Pokemon Center. As you fling the door open, a Chingling perched above the door chimes. You'd hoped this would be a quick in and out, but what you're met with is a tremendous line. A line at least 10 trainers deep stood between you and the front counter. It seems the lack of healing facilities in these parts meant that this Pokemon Center saw plenty of action. Each trainer would likely take a couple of minutes to heal their Pokemon, if all went well, you'd probably be waiting for half an hour. Whether you had that much time to spare was a decision only you could make. Risk missing your opportunity to suss out the scum at the warehouse, or chance facing them with Eridian in really bad shape.....


Reply 25
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetan, post: 6953345, member: 57787
Alice went towards the Pokemon Centre as quickly as she could once the woman was given thanks, hope in her heart and urgency in her brisk steps. That hope quickly diminished when she saw the state of things inside, and she knew that there was no way that they could wait out getting Bagon treated. Alice cursed her bad luck, but this didn't have to be the end of things. She didn't have items to patch wounds, but one of her Pokemon did have the ability for it. "Millie," She asked of her Miltank, releasing her off to the side with the worn out, sooty dragon. "We need to be quick, but let Eridian drink some of your milk to make him feel better. He had a rough battle to help us out, but we don't have time to wait out that queue and I can't afford to go on this next mission without him."

She hoped it wouldn't take too long. Alice didn't need Eridian to be good as new, she just needed him to be better off and hope that some resting time would do the trick, given that she didn't plan to throw him out into this raid unless it was an emergency. Once Millie did the best that she could do, Alice would put them both away and release Axel the Abra in their stead. His psychic prowess was always valued in these situations. Rather than speak out loud, not wanting to risk being overheard by nosy citizens or anyone who might have bad intentions, Alice merely gave her pink companion a meaningful stare and conveyed her thoughts for him to read. He was more than used to such methods by now.

"Axel, go through my mind and find the warehouse we were at this morning with Eridian and the old man. I want you to teleport us near there, and if you can, try to get a sense for the area and what's going on inside. How many people and Pokemon, and how dangerous it is." Alice explained silently, "I'm pretty sure they're poachers or up to something else really bad, and we can't let them get away with it. So we need to figure it out, and if it is some awful operation, put a stop to it. Can you do that for me?"


Update 26
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury, post: 6959124, member: 101661

Meetan- With no time to waste waiting in line, you go to a fallback plan. You release Millie the Miltank from her ball, hoping her Milk Drink would help revitalise Eridian after his battle. You turn to give the two a little privacy, the Bagon a little uncertain about getting his MooMoo Milk straight from the source.... After a minute you turn around to see Eridian a lot more energised, he likely wasn't completely healed but he was much better off than he was before! With the task complete, you withdraw both the Bagon and Miltank into their balls, their task was done, now it was Axel's turn. You release the Abra from his ball and quickly communicate with him telepathically. He grasps the urgency of the situation and in a flash your surroundings change.

You now find yourself in the alley across from the warehouse. You give Axel a few moments to try and scan the warehouse psychically, but the Abra comes out with nothing. He then teleports you inside and you quickly realise why he couldn't pick up anything, the warehouse was empty. Muddy tire tracks lead out of the warehouse and there was no sign of the produce that you'd helped drop off earlier. You have a look around to see if you can find any clues. Out the back you find a number of large cages, were they for holding Pokemon? There were definite signs that something had been held in there recently. Axel draws your attention to the office, where a large map of the Arcane Realm lays spread across the desk. You sit in the chair for a moment as you inspect the map. There was a clear path marked out, it seemed to be the route they were taking. It was heading from here, all the way to the Desert of Stars, deep in the Arcane Realm. If they were up to no good like you thought, they surely had big plans for when they got there. It would be a long way to travel, but who else could stop them?


Reply 26
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetan, post: 6959549, member: 57787
Alice might have been the one to make the order, but she wouldn't act like exacting it didn't make her nervous. They could have warped right into a patrol, but thankfully that wasn't the case. Her gratitude didn't last. Once Axel came up empty, and teleported them inside, she realised that she had missed the criminals after all. "Oh, for fuck's sake...!" She cursed angrily, her Pokemon silent, but seeming to radiate waves of sympathy from his mind. He was long past flinching at the idol's cursing tantrums, after all. They'd raided a gangster church and killed people, they had a lunatic Honedge for an ally - the sleepy psychic might as well have been part steel or darkness by now. "Fucking... Shit. We must have spooked them and they fucking ran!"

Her tirade continued as she began to search for some clues to their route, venting all the while, until Axel could prompt Alice into the nearby office. It didn't entirely fix her mood, but it certainly provided the young woman with some hope, for the route of the runaways were laid out in a map. Now, she wasn't the best with those things, but it wasn't too complex and with access to internet maps to compare to, Alice could figure it all out. All she could pray for now was that they didn't deviate from their plan. "I just wish we knew how long it'd probably take... I bet we can ask someone, though." The pseudo-detective remarked, and her Abra wordlessly concurred. They didn't have time to waste, however. They needed to get on the road.

"Axel, get us out of here. Back to the Pokemon Centre." They'd grab some supplies, make sure everyone was in top shape, and find someone to take them out onto the Fool's Path towards the Desert of Stars. Even if they only made it some of the way, they could figure out the rest. Nothing would stop the adventurers from completing their mission - nothing ever did, after all. Right?


Update 27