UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2021, 03:23 PM   #76
Lil'twick
Stardust
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Albion
Posts: 4,428
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Jaho-

Seeing the Dusclops place a deadly curse on the Maractus, you immediately swerve to have Noka try and do the same thing. You have the shed husk use Mimic, with it learning the move Curse for this battle. The ghostly cyclops look at you with intrigue.

Y-O-U-W-I-L-L-O-N-L-Y-K-I-L-L-I-T-I-F-Y-O-U-U-S-E-T-H-A-T

With its warning ignored, you then have your Shedinja spit out spiteful words towards the Dusclops. This weakens its cursing abilities, assuring that it won't be using them any time soon. Though, as a ghost-type, it would be tantamount to suicide using the move again in such quick succession. With the cost to vitality, it would instantly knock out the opposing foe.

Your opponent, seeming confused by this sudden change in battle tactics, seems more content to play with you. Waving its hands around, it conjures up a green doll and disappears. The substitute looks cute and adorable, but it is only a decoy for the real thing. Sure, the Dusclops only ad a quarter of its health left now, but maybe it felt it could get away with that.

It didn't matter to Noka, who summoned wings of light from its back. Cloaked in divine radiance, it fired off wings of light at the doll. It was blown back a bit, but not broken. Far from it, it seems the attack didn't even make a scratch.

T-R-Y-A-L-L-Y-O-U-L-I-K-E-I-A-M-C-O-N-T-E-N-T-T-O-W-A-T-C-H-Y-O-U-S-Q-U-I-R-M

Noka tries to bear a grudge at these words, but is too exhausted at the point to continue for now and needs a small rest. As the Shedinja dips slightly, you see an ethereal nail pierce through the Maractus. Three more rounds to go.

What do you do?


Danny- Trusting your gut, you begin to head down the left side cavern. This initially leads you upwards, twisting and turning as a faint light tantalizes you and your party. Was this just another entrance? It would make sense, considering caverns most of the time had multiple entrances and exits.

The light soon got larger and larger, and you enter a small room with a burning lamp. An oil lamp, usually used by miners and excavators. Though, you don't notice any human footprints here. Was it perhaps lit by your missing Mismagius? Well, that would make some amount of sense. Especially as the corridor ahead of you was pitch black.

Well, darker than anything else you could ever see. An all-encompassing maw, eating away at the reality around it. It was unnerving to you, how now light seemed to penetrate the corridor before you. There was a certain sense of dread that came from the thought of entering it. Even in the darkest parts of the night, there were places you knew not to go. It was a primal fear ingrained into you... And that was triggering now.

So what will you do here? Take the lantern and venture forth into this void? Or spurn the abyss, and retrace your steps to go down the other path? This was your final warning before you dive in and be consumed.

What do you do?
__________________


If I had to leave to disappear and leave this world behind, no matter-
All I'd need is your smile
And I wouldn't even mind

Hawke | Leo

Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 04:04 PM   #77
Jahotsafits
Boulder Badge
 
Jahotsafits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Georgia (USA)
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
Jaho-

Seeing the Dusclops place a deadly curse on the Maractus, you immediately swerve to have Noka try and do the same thing. You have the shed husk use Mimic, with it learning the move Curse for this battle. The ghostly cyclops look at you with intrigue.

Y-O-U-W-I-L-L-O-N-L-Y-K-I-L-L-I-T-I-F-Y-O-U-U-S-E-T-H-A-T

With its warning ignored, you then have your Shedinja spit out spiteful words towards the Dusclops. This weakens its cursing abilities, assuring that it won't be using them any time soon. Though, as a ghost-type, it would be tantamount to suicide using the move again in such quick succession. With the cost to vitality, it would instantly knock out the opposing foe.

Your opponent, seeming confused by this sudden change in battle tactics, seems more content to play with you. Waving its hands around, it conjures up a green doll and disappears. The substitute looks cute and adorable, but it is only a decoy for the real thing. Sure, the Dusclops only ad a quarter of its health left now, but maybe it felt it could get away with that.

It didn't matter to Noka, who summoned wings of light from its back. Cloaked in divine radiance, it fired off wings of light at the doll. It was blown back a bit, but not broken. Far from it, it seems the attack didn't even make a scratch.

T-R-Y-A-L-L-Y-O-U-L-I-K-E-I-A-M-C-O-N-T-E-N-T-T-O-W-A-T-C-H-Y-O-U-S-Q-U-I-R-M

Noka tries to bear a grudge at these words, but is too exhausted at the point to continue for now and needs a small rest. As the Shedinja dips slightly, you see an ethereal nail pierce through the Maractus. Three more rounds to go.

What do you do?

"Noka use Pinch Punch and try to dodge any incoming attacks"
Bobert looks at the Maractus and asks if it can "do anything to help at all, pin missile, hyper beam, flame thrower, anything?" sounding a bit more desperate on that last one. His eyes becoming a bit more glossy with every word addresses to the nailed cactus.
__________________
~Moo
Jahotsafits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 01:57 PM   #78
CrazyCreeperKid
Thunder Badge
 
CrazyCreeperKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Vermilion City
Posts: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
Jaho-

Seeing the Dusclops place a deadly curse on the Maractus, you immediately swerve to have Noka try and do the same thing. You have the shed husk use Mimic, with it learning the move Curse for this battle. The ghostly cyclops look at you with intrigue.

Y-O-U-W-I-L-L-O-N-L-Y-K-I-L-L-I-T-I-F-Y-O-U-U-S-E-T-H-A-T

With its warning ignored, you then have your Shedinja spit out spiteful words towards the Dusclops. This weakens its cursing abilities, assuring that it won't be using them any time soon. Though, as a ghost-type, it would be tantamount to suicide using the move again in such quick succession. With the cost to vitality, it would instantly knock out the opposing foe.

Your opponent, seeming confused by this sudden change in battle tactics, seems more content to play with you. Waving its hands around, it conjures up a green doll and disappears. The substitute looks cute and adorable, but it is only a decoy for the real thing. Sure, the Dusclops only ad a quarter of its health left now, but maybe it felt it could get away with that.

It didn't matter to Noka, who summoned wings of light from its back. Cloaked in divine radiance, it fired off wings of light at the doll. It was blown back a bit, but not broken. Far from it, it seems the attack didn't even make a scratch.

T-R-Y-A-L-L-Y-O-U-L-I-K-E-I-A-M-C-O-N-T-E-N-T-T-O-W-A-T-C-H-Y-O-U-S-Q-U-I-R-M

Noka tries to bear a grudge at these words, but is too exhausted at the point to continue for now and needs a small rest. As the Shedinja dips slightly, you see an ethereal nail pierce through the Maractus. Three more rounds to go.

What do you do?


Danny- Trusting your gut, you begin to head down the left side cavern. This initially leads you upwards, twisting and turning as a faint light tantalizes you and your party. Was this just another entrance? It would make sense, considering caverns most of the time had multiple entrances and exits.

The light soon got larger and larger, and you enter a small room with a burning lamp. An oil lamp, usually used by miners and excavators. Though, you don't notice any human footprints here. Was it perhaps lit by your missing Mismagius? Well, that would make some amount of sense. Especially as the corridor ahead of you was pitch black.

Well, darker than anything else you could ever see. An all-encompassing maw, eating away at the reality around it. It was unnerving to you, how now light seemed to penetrate the corridor before you. There was a certain sense of dread that came from the thought of entering it. Even in the darkest parts of the night, there were places you knew not to go. It was a primal fear ingrained into you... And that was triggering now.

So what will you do here? Take the lantern and venture forth into this void? Or spurn the abyss, and retrace your steps to go down the other path? This was your final warning before you dive in and be consumed.

What do you do?
Danny hoped the cave he picked was the right one. The cave first led upwards, with many twists and turns - guided by the light shining from the end of it, Danny felt that he was going the right way. Fleur was positively terrified, and could not keep up her normally refined demeanor - but Danny couldn't blame her. The deep caverns were pretty freaky, and they were so deep, so far from plant life, a Grass type like her would feel very isolated. But that was nothing compared to Hermes. A flying Pokemon, trapped underground.... definitely a harrowing experience. The Bird Pokemon kept strong and brave, glaring down the tunnel as he flew through it, keeping in pace with Danny and Fleur. Danny himself felt hot and claustrophobic. However, he knew, no matter how trapped he felt, that his friend was somewhere down here, and she needed rescuing.

The light they were following began to grow, until they reached a small clearing - in which, sat an oil lamp. Danny quickly searched for footprints. None. Had Minerva lit the lamp? Danny knew that she could use Mystical Fire - so the idea wasn't off the table. The corridor ahead was pitch black, like the fur on a Houndoom's back. Looking into the deep, dark cavern, Danny felt a feeling of dread - like the cavern was a black hole, pulling him in, and there was no escape.

No escape.

Danny put a shaking hand on the lantern.

"Minerva may be down there. That's more than enough reason to find out." he said, his voice firm.

Fleur stopped shaking, and stood strong, and nodded. Together, Danny, Fleur, and Hermes proceeded, guided by the flickering glow of lanternlight.
CrazyCreeperKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 11:12 PM   #79
myahoo
Soul Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaze View Post
myahoo - After your gem goblin takes a quick moment to swipe away a shining rock from the rambling man only to discover it to be no more than a chunk of ice, you apologize to the scientist and he ventures back out of the cave. Your words, however, fall on deaf ears, his only thoughts focused on the ice even as the light ceases to filter through it to create beautiful colors as he leaves the cavern. With no response to your statement coming, there is little more to do than simply push forward into the kaleidoscope before you.

The ever-changing colors of the glass-like ice walls are almost dizzying to behold, forcing you to shift your gaze now and again and making it hard to tell if any given spot is a wall or a path hidden from your view. That is, until you pass through a shimmering arch and into a large, dome-like room, panels of ice shimmering in the same way along the ceiling as crystalline pillars stretch up from the floor and down from above, the light shining brightly through them as though they, solely, illuminate the room.

At the room’s center is a large pool, crystal clear in appearance and glowing in lighter hues that blend together in the water, a small stream feeding into the water from a hole in the back of the room, no larger than a few feet in diameter. Stepping forward, seaweed can be seen growing at the pool’s bottom in thick amounts, shifting about on occasion, as though something is hidden within the thick underwater foliage.
The possible-researcher didn't seem to hear her apology or even notice Ore's actions as he headed right back out into the cold without pause. Melissa exchanged looks with her starter. That was...odd.

"Do you think he's okay?" she asked quietly as Ore chittered impatiently at them.

Wildfire shrugged. How was he supposed to know?

Melissa sighed. "Fair."

Since there wasn't really anything they could do for the guy, they followed Ore deeper into the glacier, the Sableye frequently backtracking to keep them on course when Melissa proved less than able to tell where paths and walls were. Wildfire did his best to guide her as well, but he didn't have Ore's natural ability to traverse confusing environments.

Eventually, they passed through a shimmering arch and Melissa slowed to a stop, staring in awe at the room they'd found. It was large, shaped like a dome, and the ceiling shimmered like the arch had, crystalline pillars dotting the room, illuminated from within by the light streaming through the ceiling. The only thing marring the beauty of the room was a patch of matte purple studded with gems investigating the walls and formations while his trainer stared at it all.

It took Melissa a little while to realize that there was a pool of water in the center of the room, just as clear as the ice surrounding them and glowing in lighter shades of the same colors. She walked cautiously up to its edge and peered curiously into it. Seaweed coated the pool floor, occasionally shifting as though something was moving within it.

She tilted her head and squinted at the moving seaweed. "Hey, Ore, did you see this?"

Ore glanced over and chittered a question.

"No." Melissa paused. "I don't think so, but I think there might be something hiding in the water."

Her Sableye made a dismissive noise and continued investigating the room.

Gently resting her chin on Wildfire's head, she murmured, "Can you see anything?"

Wildfire blinked and obliged, turning his gaze to the water to see if he could Detect anything. He doubted he'd be able to see anything from here, but he figured Melissa would probably try with someone else if he failed.
__________________
myahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 10:29 AM   #80
Lil'twick
Stardust
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Albion
Posts: 4,428
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Jaho-

Realizing that your Shedinja was in quite a pickle, you ordered it to use Pinch Punch. Well, uh, guess you need to consult your type chart again. The Shedinja punches through the substitute doll, dealing no damage to it. Ghost-types are immune to Fighting-type moves. You should know this, owning one yourself!

The Dusclops then reappears, tired of tormenting you. At this point, you were flopping around like a fish out of water. There was no joy or pleasure to be derived from this, only a cruel indifference to your suffering. This was the price to pay for messing with the laws of the isles. To suffer and become consumed. And consumed you shall be, as the Dusclops's shadow sneaks up onto Noka, and drags the Shedinja into the void, knocking it out.

So all that was left was you and the Maractus, and you desperately plea to the Cactus to assist in any way. You begin listing off moves at random, and it lights up to one. Pin Missile. The Pokemon then fires off a barrage of Pin Missiles at the Dusclops, the buggy spines repeatedly hammering away at the substitute doll. Though, even that volley seems to not be enough, as the resisted attack fails to fully pierce through the Substitute.

A new ally has appeared! A Male Lv. 13 Maractus has temporarily become your ally in the wake of Noka's disappearance. It knows the moves Absorb, After You, Cotton Guard, Ingrain, Peck, Spiky Shield, Sweet Scent, Growth, Pin Missile, Mega Drain, Leech Seed, and EM Grass Whistle!

You then watch the nail pierce the Maractus once more. Two more rounds, lest you break through the Substitute and find a way to out heal the damage.

What do you do?


Danny-

Taking lantern in hand, you and your team plunge into the abyss. The darkness gives way to the mystical fire of the lamp in hand, showing the way forward. Sediment and obsidian stand mixed within the volcanic walls of the cavern, the ashen sand meeting a lava tube. Bones crunch beneath your feet, sure signs of those who have met their end here. Cobwebs hang above, trapping and ensnaring prey to its last moments.

As you continue onwards, a creeping sense of dread crawls beneath your skin. You feel a piercing gaze behind you, but whenever you look back with the lantern you see nothing. Every so often, dust and sand trickle from beneath the ceiling, as if something was crawling above you. An assault on all sides, within this tunneled graveyard.

And then you feel the tunnel suddenly slope downwards, and you lose your footing. Taking the plunge, you slide your way across bones and rock, scraping you up in the process. You then feel your head slam into a wall, and the lantern break.

Everything was a blur, except the fire within. It burned through the broken lantern and faded away into nothingness. All-encompassing darkness would soon take you, this volcanic void your tomb. The sounds of your Pokemon became distant murmurs, their desperate please not enough to rouse you from this state.

Yet, there was one thing that could, as you feel yourself being sprayed with water. Bliking a bit, you could make out the rough outline of the Wimpod. Was it also worried about you? It seems to be that way, as you manage to get back up. Your head was still splitting, and ears ringing. You could feel you were bleeding, but that didn't matter now.

In this newfound state, you notice something that the light would've hidden. A faint, red flicker... shining in the darkness below. Minerva's gems. The Mismagius was close, seeming to be at the bottom of a spiraling cavern. Feet tire fast, so go forth! Surely, this would all be over once you reunited her. Though, this sandy cavern may end up your own grave.

What do you do?
__________________


If I had to leave to disappear and leave this world behind, no matter-
All I'd need is your smile
And I wouldn't even mind

Hawke | Leo


Last edited by Lil'twick; 09-10-2021 at 01:04 PM.
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 03:28 PM   #81
Missingno. Master
Happy Halloween!
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 7,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaze View Post
Missingno. Master - With the Onix now unfurled before you, Hermoine’s note taking is promptly stopped for the moment, the ground shaking with every slight movement so as to prevent close calligraphy in the first place. Instead, you opt to take your Pokedex and try for a scan of the beast, having Homer offer a Sitrus Berry in an attempt to get the beast to remain still long enough to do so.

The bait seems like it might just work, the Onix stretching its massive length out to arc over the berry and take a sniff as the Pokedex begins to scan, but fate would not be so kind this day. A sudden screech draws all eyes higher up the mountain, a hulking wyvern dropping from a gigantic next above the clouds to swoop up the fresh food. The grey winged beast’s stone hide guards it well as the Onix attempts to shove it out of the way and defend its gift, allowing the Aerodactyl to nab the berry and begin gliding over the Cauldera and away from the mountaintop. The rock snake is having none of this, clearly coveting the gift that was offered, and rearing up to absolutely massive heights before launching itself forward.

The snake slams headfirst into the ancient creature, driving it into the boiling water of the Caldera as both creatures’ stony flesh hiss with contact before disappearing as the sands and glass shards are stirred up. The entire form of the beast vanishes beneath the surface, a surprising feat to be sure, before the steam dissipates to reveal another gigantic tunnel now formed. The Onix, clutching the smaller creature in its mouth, promptly emerges from the mountainside, blasting through the waterfall and tumbling down towards the Cracked Canyon below.

Looking back, your Pokedex beeps, unable to finish its scan before the loss of your prey, it now clear that you’ll need to make chase again. However, it seems the hole now formed is draining the Caldera at a surprising rate. There’s no telling what damage could be done to this delicate ecosystem should this not be taken care of promptly.
Ah, the Pokédex. This most simple yet essential tool was something no Pokémon Trainer worth their salt left home without. A marvel of modern technology, Professor Westwood's claim to fame, it was capable of telling a Trainer all they needed to know about a Pokémon. And right now, Eddie was using his to try and get the information on this Onix he so desired.

The Sitrus Berry was noticed straight away, and the Onix sniffed curiously at the berry as Homer wordlessly offered it up. Alas, this was not destined to go well, as Eddie soon found out- a loud screech drew the attention of all, whereupon they saw a massive winged creature swooping down, right at the Sitrus Berry! Despite Onix's efforts to stop it, the Aerodactyl grabbed the berry and made to fly away. And boy, oh, boy, Onix was not happy about it. Rearing up terrifyingly, Onix slammed headfirst into Aerodactyl, sending both Rock-types tumbling into the boiling water. "Ah!" Eddie gasped. However, neither of them reappeared, and once the steam dissipated, he could see why- a massive hole, a tunnel, that the Onix had dug. And what was more, he could see where to, as the Onix burst out of the mountainside, having grabbed the Aerodactyl in its mouth, and blasted through the waterfall, tumbling down to the canyon below.

The Pokédex beeped to indicate the scan could not be completed, but as Eddie looked, he could tell this was the least of the problems- once again, the Onix was unintentionally threatening the local ecosystem, this time by inadvertently draining the caldera. "Well, this won't do," he stated, before turning to his fat Alakazam. "Homer-" he began.

Here we go, the Alakazam thought snarkily.

"Save it," Eddie interrupted, adjusting his glasses. "Save it for after we've fixed this. I need you to use Psyshock to plug the hole."

...I will admit, that is actually a good idea, conceded Homer, before setting to work. Eddie already knew this to be true- Psyshock was a truly remarkable move, in which the user employed telekinetic power to pull together physical objects into a large mass before launching it at the opponent. The unique nature of this move accounted for it drawing power from the user's Special Attack while targeting the opponent's physical Defense. All Homer had to do was psychically pull together as many rocks of all sizes he could into a mass that would serve to plug the hole, and then... well... plug the damn hole.

While Homer set to work on this, Eddie kept an eye on the Onix's movements as best he could, tape recorder already in hand. "The Onix continues to elude me, as does the exact truth in regards to its levels of power," he murmured into the device. "However, in the process, I can confirm the presence of Aerodactyl on this island," he added, grinning excitedly, light reflecting off his glasses as he spoke. "An unnaturally large and powerful Onix... first spotted on the east coast of a volcanic island... in an island chain called the Unreal Archipelago... and now an Aerodactyl? The very Pokémon whose skeletal remains become the physical form of one of the several forms of Missingno.? This is all leading somewhere, I can feel it," he murmured excitedly. "This cannot be mere coincidence."

"Weedle, Weedle," Hermione murmured, likewise excitedly taking notes.

Femur tapped gently on Eddie's leg with her bone. "Cubonebone?" she questioned.

"Ah," Eddie smiled, putting away his tape recorder and picking up his Cubone. "Worry not, Femur. We'll get to the bottom of all this," he stated. "Once Homer's blocked that hole satisfactorily, we'll head back down the mountain and continue to pursue that Onix." With that established, he turned back to face Hermione, who had already finished writing what she wanted to take down. He put her notebook back in his bag, then held out his hand for the Weedle herself to crawl up onto his shoulder. And now, all he could do was wait for Homer to finish the job.
__________________
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 09:51 PM   #82
Jahotsafits
Boulder Badge
 
Jahotsafits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Georgia (USA)
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
Jaho-

Realizing that your Shedinja was in quite a pickle, you ordered it to use Pinch Punch. Well, uh, guess you need to consult your type chart again. The Shedinja punches through the substitute doll, dealing no damage to it. Ghost-types are immune to Fighting-type moves. You should know this, owning one yourself!

The Dusclops then reappears, tired of tormenting you. At this point, you were flopping around like a fish out of water. There was no joy or pleasure to be derived from this, only a cruel indifference to your suffering. This was the price to pay for messing with the laws of the isles. To suffer and become consumed. And consumed you shall be, as the Dusclops's shadow sneaks up onto Noka, and drags the Shedinja into the void, knocking it out.

So all that was left was you and the Maractus, and you desperately plea to the Cactus to assist in any way. You begin listing off moves at random, and it lights up to one. Pin Missile. The Pokemon then fires off a barrage of Pin Missiles at the Dusclops, the buggy spines repeatedly hammering away at the substitute doll. Though, even that volley seems to not be enough, as the resisted attack fails to fully pierce through the Substitute.

A new ally has appeared! A Male Lv. 13 Maractus has temporarily become your ally in the wake of Noka's disappearance. It knows the moves Absorb, After You, Cotton Guard, Ingrain, Peck, Spiky Shield, Sweet Scent, Growth, Mega Drain, Leech Seed, and EM Grass Whistle!

You then watch the nail pierce the Maractus once more. Two more rounds, lest you break through the Substitute and find a way to out heal the damage.

What do you do?


Regaining a bit of hope Bobert calls upon the Maractus to use absorb and spikey shield.

(also sidebar here: how did he use pin missile if it's not on the move list?)
__________________
~Moo
Jahotsafits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 08:18 AM   #83
CrazyCreeperKid
Thunder Badge
 
CrazyCreeperKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Vermilion City
Posts: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
Jaho-

Realizing that your Shedinja was in quite a pickle, you ordered it to use Pinch Punch. Well, uh, guess you need to consult your type chart again. The Shedinja punches through the substitute doll, dealing no damage to it. Ghost-types are immune to Fighting-type moves. You should know this, owning one yourself!

The Dusclops then reappears, tired of tormenting you. At this point, you were flopping around like a fish out of water. There was no joy or pleasure to be derived from this, only a cruel indifference to your suffering. This was the price to pay for messing with the laws of the isles. To suffer and become consumed. And consumed you shall be, as the Dusclops's shadow sneaks up onto Noka, and drags the Shedinja into the void, knocking it out.

So all that was left was you and the Maractus, and you desperately plea to the Cactus to assist in any way. You begin listing off moves at random, and it lights up to one. Pin Missile. The Pokemon then fires off a barrage of Pin Missiles at the Dusclops, the buggy spines repeatedly hammering away at the substitute doll. Though, even that volley seems to not be enough, as the resisted attack fails to fully pierce through the Substitute.

A new ally has appeared! A Male Lv. 13 Maractus has temporarily become your ally in the wake of Noka's disappearance. It knows the moves Absorb, After You, Cotton Guard, Ingrain, Peck, Spiky Shield, Sweet Scent, Growth, Pin Missile, Mega Drain, Leech Seed, and EM Grass Whistle!

You then watch the nail pierce the Maractus once more. Two more rounds, lest you break through the Substitute and find a way to out heal the damage.

What do you do?


Danny-

Taking lantern in hand, you and your team plunge into the abyss. The darkness gives way to the mystical fire of the lamp in hand, showing the way forward. Sediment and obsidian stand mixed within the volcanic walls of the cavern, the ashen sand meeting a lava tube. Bones crunch beneath your feet, sure signs of those who have met their end here. Cobwebs hang above, trapping and ensnaring prey to its last moments.

As you continue onwards, a creeping sense of dread crawls beneath your skin. You feel a piercing gaze behind you, but whenever you look back with the lantern you see nothing. Every so often, dust and sand trickle from beneath the ceiling, as if something was crawling above you. An assault on all sides, within this tunneled graveyard.

And then you feel the tunnel suddenly slope downwards, and you lose your footing. Taking the plunge, you slide your way across bones and rock, scraping you up in the process. You then feel your head slam into a wall, and the lantern break.

Everything was a blur, except the fire within. It burned through the broken lantern and faded away into nothingness. All-encompassing darkness would soon take you, this volcanic void your tomb. The sounds of your Pokemon became distant murmurs, their desperate please not enough to rouse you from this state.

Yet, there was one thing that could, as you feel yourself being sprayed with water. Bliking a bit, you could make out the rough outline of the Wimpod. Was it also worried about you? It seems to be that way, as you manage to get back up. Your head was still splitting, and ears ringing. You could feel you were bleeding, but that didn't matter now.

In this newfound state, you notice something that the light would've hidden. A faint, red flicker... shining in the darkness below. Minerva's gems. The Mismagius was close, seeming to be at the bottom of a spiraling cavern. Feet tire fast, so go forth! Surely, this would all be over once you reunited her. Though, this sandy cavern may end up your own grave.

What do you do?
The lantern was doing well enough to provide light, the light emanating from Minerva's own Mystical Fire, which was now being used to find her. Danny, while walking forward, observed the walls - a mess of sediment and obsidian, from the beach's sand mixing with the obsidian-lined walls of the lava tube. Danny tried to watch his step, but alas, he heard a crunching sound underneath his feet. His eyes darted down, and he saw bones. Bones of those who didn't make it as far as he did. He gulped, and headed on.

Fleur was positively mortified by the bones and scurried around them quite unladylike. Hermes made no contact with the bones, since he was flying, but avoided the cobwebs that hung overhead. It was very gross. Every so often, sand would trickle down from the ceiling - a sign of movement above - and from his back, Danny felt a piercing gaze - but whenever he turned, there was nothing.

"This place is seriously creeping me out." Danny said, his teeth chattering. Fleur nodded, and Hermes simply clicked his beak in agreement. Danny was about to contemplate turning back when he took another step, and suddenly he was falling. Thankfully. he didn't wall too far - slamming into a wall and knocking the breath out of his lungs. Hermes lowered Fleur down as quickly and carefully as he could and the two Pokemon cawed and hissed and tried to arouse Danny from his hopefully, not permanent, slumber, but their attempts were futile.

Then, a miracle happened. Danny felt cold water splash on his face, reviving him. He blinked quickly as his eyes adjusted to the darkness, the lantern broken and its flame long gone. It was the Wimpod from before! The Wimpod seemed interested in helping. Danny could feel himself bleeding - but then, he got a glimmer of hope. A literal glimmer, in fact, as he saw the faint red glow of Minerva's gems at the bottom of the cavern.

"We're going down there to save her and end this." Danny said, but even he didn't believe it. He didn't see how he would make it out of this tunnel alive. He thought quickly.

"Hermes, latch onto my arm." He held out his left arm. The Pidgeotto obediently grabbed it. "Fleur, use your Vine Whip to latch around a rock, and another on my other arm. We're gonna jump. I need you, Hermes, to flap as much as you can to slow our descent, and you, Fleur, use your Vine Whip like a climbing rope, to also slow our descent." Danny looked to the Wimpod. He had forgotten about him.

"Uh, you should be okay. Just stay up here." Fleur shot out two Vine Whips, and latched one around an outcropping rock, and the other on Danny's other arm.

He was clearly gonna die. This was a horrible plan. Obviously.

So, naturally, he jumped.
CrazyCreeperKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 12:08 PM   #84
Lil'twick
Stardust
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Albion
Posts: 4,428
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Jaho-

Regaining some hope, you have the Maractus use an Absorb against the substitute. Small, green orbs of energy fly out of the doll, not doing much damage to it. Though, the attack does heal up the cactus, if only by a small amount. It's enough to buy more time, at the very least.

The Dusclops then returns from behind the doll and shoots out pale, purple wisps. It wills the flames at the Maractus, burning it horrendously to try and negate the healing it's receiving from the absorb. It did look like it was more content to watch you suffer than do anything worthwhile. A punishment, for sure, for being hasty instead of stopping to properly think.

S-L-O-W-D-O-W-N-A-N-D-T-H-I-N-K-O-R-Y-O-U-L-L-B-E-M-I-N-E

The warning echoes loud in your ears, as you see the Maractus take a defensive stance. Its cactus spikes grow larger around it, creating a shield to protect it from an oncoming attack. The Dusclops appears once more and uses a Hex against the Maractus. The ghostly curse tries to wreak massive damage against the burned Pokemon, but the protective stance more than helps it in protecting against the attack.

The nail appears once more, and pierces through the Maractus, with the cactus then hurting badly from its burn, effectively undoing the pitiful heal from Absorb. Though, you could tell that was on the right track but needed to be stronger. If you could just break through the substitute doll, then you had a chance to out heal the Curse and Burn. Just stop, and think.

What do you do?


Danny-

The pain was tremendous, but you powered through it. There was hope still, and you knew you had to continue forwards. Your Mismgaius was own there, and you had to get to her no matter the cost. And that is exactly what you did, commanding your team to create a makeshift pully system to lower you down the cavern.

This did leave the Wimpod above, but it seems the timid bug had other plans. It lept onto your shoulder, the weight balance suddenly off. Though, Hermes and Fleur can quickly re-adjust for the added weight. You could feel the determination emanating from the Wimpod here, determined to avenge its family. It needed this just as much as you did.

After what was about ten minutes, you finally see the bottom of the cavern. A few small lamps were lit, and you could see Minerva in a fierce battle with a gigantic, hulking mound of black sand. It looked like a palace and knew that this kingdom was the true menace here. Piles of bones were stacked high at the walls of the cavern, the bodies of those consumed by the Sandygasts and the Palossand.

The shiny beast lets out a billowing howl as soon as you touch the ground. It could sense you were in a weakened state the blood loss starting to make you extremely dizzy. This was it, the final battle. You couldn't tell how long your MIsmagius has been fighting the monster, but she certainly was holding her own. She looked at you, ready and waiting for your orders.

What do you do?
__________________


If I had to leave to disappear and leave this world behind, no matter-
All I'd need is your smile
And I wouldn't even mind

Hawke | Leo

Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 02:04 PM   #85
Jahotsafits
Boulder Badge
 
Jahotsafits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Georgia (USA)
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
Jaho-

Regaining some hope, you have the Maractus use an Absorb against the substitute. Small, green orbs of energy fly out of the doll, not doing much damage to it. Though, the attack does heal up the cactus, if only by a small amount. It's enough to buy more time, at the very least.

The Dusclops then returns from behind the doll and shoots out pale, purple wisps. It wills the flames at the Maractus, burning it horrendously to try and negate the healing it's receiving from the absorb. It did look like it was more content to watch you suffer than do anything worthwhile. A punishment, for sure, for being hasty instead of stopping to properly think.

S-L-O-W-D-O-W-N-A-N-D-T-H-I-N-K-O-R-Y-O-U-L-L-B-E-M-I-N-E

The warning echoes loud in your ears, as you see the Maractus take a defensive stance. Its cactus spikes grow larger around it, creating a shield to protect it from an oncoming attack. The Dusclops appears once more and uses a Hex against the Maractus. The ghostly curse tries to wreak massive damage against the burned Pokemon, but the protective stance more than helps it in protecting against the attack.

The nail appears once more, and pierces through the Maractus, with the cactus then hurting badly from its burn, effectively undoing the pitiful heal from Absorb. Though, you could tell that was on the right track but needed to be stronger. If you could just break through the substitute doll, then you had a chance to out heal the Curse and Burn. Just stop, and think.

What do you do?


Bobert takes a moment to collect his thoughts before requesting his ally to use Pin Missile to hopefully destroy the substitute and then Leach Seed followed by Mega Drain as well as making an attempt to dodge whatever comes.
__________________
~Moo
Jahotsafits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 07:13 PM   #86
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat
Cascade Badge
 
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Dragonland
Posts: 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaze View Post
Unreal Archipelago: Zone of Mysteries


Many know of Phantom Isle, the haunted theme park that has terrified all those who entered. But after years of adventuring across the island, some trainers dared to go further out to sea from the mainland. Here they quickly found a number of other land masses, each just beyond the horizon from the next, forming a perfect circle with Phantom Isle at its base, though some have claimed the islands take the true form of the darkest witchcraft itself, Phantom Isle being the quintessential element of Spirit in this reverse pentagram. The first to be discovered was deemed the Defiled Oasis, possibly once a place of fae magic and abundant beauty, destroyed by companies to hide their power plant meant to fuel Phantom Isle's theme park with electricity, its existence hidden from the rest of the world after the failure of the park. Those that believe the theory of witchcraft have stated that this place's destroyed terrain has all but devastated what once was a place of only the purest Air quality. Next came the Conflagrant Spire, a beautiful and lush rainforest island with its own towering volcano, dotted with relics of a civilization past. While some say the great fire of the island's volcano disproves the theory of witchcraft, others have pointed out that the altars point to sacrifices to the Earth itself, further supporting the horrid story. Then came the Quiescent Glacier, less a land mass than a strange and massive chunk of ice, having made its way here some time ago but refusing to go even an inch further. The stillness of the ice seems to have filled the missing elemental slot on its own, the tranquil Water here sitting peacefully where other islands show the constant signs of the tide. Finally came the Tranquil Lagoon, so named for its seeming normalcy in comparison to the rest of the islands, where trainers would soon call home for those who wished to live away from the mainland. Ever stoking the Fire of the hearth, the villagers here set forth to live away from the craziness of the mainland, by whatever means necessary.

Each place was distinctly different, yet their mysteries all seem they could be connected in some way. Voyage has been granted to all trainers from the mainland, hoping to discover the true secret behind this strange land, but adventurers beware, Phantom Isle is not the only place of terror among the Archipelago. Please note that only direct traffic from island to island is approved at this time, as the conspiracy theorists firmly believe that at the center of this Archipelago, deep beneathe the sea, lies the most ancient evil ever to take seat in Fizzytopia, a statement that simply cannot be ignored.



Quiescent Glacier
Please reply in PowderBlue


An oddity to be sure, this glacier is more than enough to sink the grandest of ships and then some, measuring just as large as any of the other islands, though the term is definitely loose here. Having at some point floated into the southwestern point of the Archipelago, the glacier seems to have halted its movement entirely, a phenomenon unknown to the scientific world. Since its discovery, some researchers have set up on its base to study this curious event, only to repeatedly end up with more questions than they have answers. From strange frozen formations on the outside to a rumored endless void within, every inch of this place teems with beauty, though it may be difficult to describe it as natural. Between these landmarks and the halted movement in the sea, many believe that this glacier was called here, destined to fill the empty slot of the circle of islands for some reason. Whether staring into the white expanse above the island, or delving into the frozen caverns below, adventures are likely to lose, or perhaps even find, a part of themselves in these slopes.

Sub Areas:

Base Camp:
A hodgepodge collection of various mobile scientific trailers, this camp makes up the homes and workplaces as the researchers here. A rare few are typically around, usually only to process whatever labs they need to run before returning to the field, desperate to discover the secrets of the so-called island.

Cy gave a deep sigh as he stared at the glacier ahead of them. He pinched the bridge of his nose, squeezing his eyes shut for a long moment.

"You have got to be kidding me."

I most assuredly am not, and Dracen isn't either.

"It's a saying, Wurmple. Much as I hate to admit it, I trust your info is right."

Ah. Noted, and thank you.

"But of all the Arceus-blasted... Ugh. Whatever." Cy shook himself and smoothed down his hair, which was tangled and wild from the omnipresent wind that battered the cliffs. Cy and his Pokemon stood just beyond the southern edge of the Archipelago, on a bare spur of rock that jutted into the ocean. The only landmark he could see was the huge snow-covered glacier that sat like a slumbering beast, unmoved by the current that flowed around it. According to Wurmple and Dracen, there was a camp of researchers living on it who specialized in "odd phenomena". Although they called it an island, which seemed a severely inadequate description for the gargantuan slab of ice that Cy was now staring down.

I was unaware of the island's glacial nature as well. Don't blame me. Wurmple thought quietly.

"I- Hang on. I didn't say that out loud." Cy said slowly.

Yes, I did read your thoughts. No, I haven't had this ability for long. No, you shouldn't be worried about it. Wurmple rolled his eyes affectionately, cutting Cy off before he could start lecturing him.

"Well I'm worrying about it anyway. This thing keeps getting worse, Wurmple. I'm scared about what it might do to you." Cy retorted.

I appreciate your concern as always, my friend. Wurmple bobbed his head thoughtfully. I know it's unsettling. I've lost my Psychic power, while at the same time I've somehow been permanently connected to this mental realm that seems to be draining my energy. Trust me - if anyone knows how scary it is, it's me. But it hasn't truly hurt me yet, and if I can take advantage of the abilities it gives me, I will. Despite all your worries. Wurmple would have smiled if he had lips. Cy nodded reluctantly.

"I know. And I trust that you know your limits, so... " He paused for a moment. "Pfff. I dunno, I'm not the feelings type. You got the gist of it anyway." He stuck his hands in the pockets of his coat and shuffled his feet as Wurmple chuckled telepathically.

I did indeed. Wurmple said simply, leaving the rest of the conversation unspoken and unthought.

"Anyway. Back to the infuriating deja vu at hand... " Cy unclipped a Cherish Ball from his belt, tossed it in his hand, then snapped it open to send his Buizel out onto the cliff. Jeffrey stood and met his Trainer's eyes, determined and ready. "Alright Jeffrey," Cy ordered, putting the Cherish Ball back and stepping forward, "We gotta get to that glacier over that way. See it?" Jeffrey turned to pinpoint their destination, then turned back to Cy and gave a brisk salute. "Then use Surf and Ice Punch, and let's be on our way!" Jeffrey scampered to the very edge of the cliff, stood, and howled into the sea.

The answer to his howl came as a building roar, as a huge wave of dark water rose from the sea like the head of some ancient, titanic Pokemon and slammed into the cliff with a sound like a thunderclap. Jeffrey leaped straight up, then spiraled back down in a graceful arc, his twin tails spinning behind him as he disappeared into the spray. There was a whoosh of water and Jeffrey's head popped back into view atop a swirling platform of water that defied logic. Jeffrey saluted once more, then raised his arm further, reaching to the sky to gather energy as his paw frosted over with glowing ice. He slammed the frozen fist down, freezing his watery platform solid in moments. Since he was much too small to ride on, Jeffrey used Ice Punch in tandem with Surf to port his Trainer around. Cy stepped onto the icy platform as Jeffrey turned and grabbed the front edge of it, flattening down into a pose similar to that of one riding a traditional sled. The platform pitched forward, then started to pick up speed as the summoned wave retreated back into the ocean. Their trajectory leveled out as they hit the sea, and Jeffrey dipped a paw into the water, calling up another Surf to propel them to the glacier. As Cy sat down and got comfortable on the platform, he took a deep breath. At long last, they were on their way to finding real answers for Wurmple's condition. Hopefully, anyway...
__________________
Dracen, Dragon Trainer

Cy, Bug Trainer


FB Profile
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 02:31 PM   #87
Saiza
Boulder Badge
 
Saiza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2021
Posts: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash View Post
@Saiza

You could see it clearly now, the figure in the ball was most definitely a cicada. You were completely certain of that. The foggy shape seemed to pulsate in and out as your focus on it shifted.

Your focus on the cicada shape in the ball grew stronger as you fully made up your mind. It grew so intense, in fact, you accidentally bump into the table in surprise, and the crystal ball drops to the ground. It shatters in a flash of light. When the light clears, there's no glass on the ground, and a new crystal ball rests on the stand where the old one was. The only indication the old crystal ball fell were a couple small items on the ground where the original one dropped, and a cloudy cicada shape hanging in the air, the same shape you'd seen in the ball earlier.

You looked down at the items that had been previously contained within the orb. Contained within was an oddly appropriate Technical Machine, one for the move Flash, as well as a small note: "This may help you. Good luck."

You obtained 1 TM Flash!

The cicada shape pulsated in and out a couple times, before floating out of the tent. Not wanting to lose the opportunity presented, you pocket the TM and note, and you and Mobius give chase after the slow-moving form. It leads you out of the tent and around back, behind the larger Circus Tent. It being so dark out, and your path of pursuit for the foggy cicada cutting so close to the massive, shadow-casting tent makes it difficult for you to see. You almost run into the mass of fog guiding you, as it stops short. You are unsure of exactly why it stopped, at first. Quickly, however, due to the limited sight, your other senses draw focus. From ground level, you hear a slight scratching. Then comes a rustling of the sparse, weak grasses that can barely survive in such a constantly-shaded area. You then hear something else, a light crunching sound you cannot quite identify. The smell of freshly broken earth creeps into your nostrils. Trying to focus your sight on where the sounds seem to be coming from, you can make out a vague form. Small, seemingly bug-like, what looks like a couple bumps its back, and appearing not to have quite noticed your presence. Whatever the scratching an crunching sounds are, the unidentified creature seems to be focused on what it is doing.

The fog shape guiding you still hangs in the air, pulsating in and out, as if expecting something. What will you do?
Speckles of light filled his field of vision, and his head hurt. When he could finally focus again, he realized the crystal ball had shattered, but more ominously, a new one had already materialized to take its place. Shards of glass surrounded the wooden table, but more importantly, two items caught his attention: a familiar-looking disc, and a note.

"TM FLASH? Is this a present from the crystal ball, or from... someone else?"

This was all way too weird. But perhaps weirdest of all, a shadowy cicada hovered in midair in front of him and Mobius, before making its way out of the tent, rahter slowly - deliberately slowly, even.

"That's our cue, isn't it?" he asked Mobius in a jovial tone. This might all be super creepy, but there was no doubt it was fun! The Trapinch agreed, and hummed happily as Ary picked him up in his arms and dashed out of the tent, giving chase to the magical shape.

"Damn, it's too hard to see out here! Where did it... over there!"

They circled the larger tent, and then stopped for two reasons - the shadowy cicada did too, and critically, there were sounds coming from up ahead. Scratching sounds from something scraping at the ground, it felt like. It was too dark to see... an insect?

"It seems the shadows want us to do something... But how can I even decide what to do if I can't... wait, of course!"

There had to be a reason why the crystal ball had produced that TM. They needed light, after all. But Mobius wasn't suited for that kind of move... unlike someone else on his team.

"I'm not super sure I should be relying on her, but... she's my only option right now..."

Hesitantly, he reached for a PokéBall in his pocket. He took a deep breath... and tossed it on the ground. The device clicked open, and in a flash of silver light, a Ralts materialized.

"H-hey Cixi..."

They had known each other for mere days. In fact, the Ralts had pretty much been stalking him ever since they crossed paths on the outskirts of Magician's Hamlet, for reasons he couldn't really fathom. So persistent was the small Psychic-Type that Ary made the only reasonable offer he could think of - and of course the Ralts happily agreed to join him. But her motives, the reason behind her fixation remained a complete mystery to him, and there was definitely something unsettling about here very presence...

"I uh... I was wondering if you could help us out with all this darkness. I got this TM here, and I thought..."

Before he could finish, the disc flew away from his hand, enveloped in psychokinetic power, and hovered over to Ralts, who silently grabbed it. The TM faded, and Cixi's red horn took on a faint glow.

*Cixi learned TM FLASH!*

"Th-that's what I had in mind! So, if you could... uh, gently, so we don't scare whatever's up ahead..."

With a faint, warm but nevertheless strange smile, Cixi nodded, before casting a gentle burst of light from her horn, revealing....
Saiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 04:27 PM   #88
Lil'twick
Stardust
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Albion
Posts: 4,428
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Jaho- Stopping to think, you realize the strategy needed to outlast the Dusclops. You order your Maractus to use Pin Missle once again and wait. You see the resisted move pierce through the Substitute Doll over and over again until it finally breaks through. With that, you finally see the Dusclops appear once more, seeming floating above you. Its eye was glowing, and it unleashed a beam of pure energy towards the Maractus.

G-A-M-E-O-V-E-R

You wince, seeing the Hyper Beam shooting towards the cactus. Was this all just for naught? No, it couldn't be. Yet, that was this cruel reality. The Dusclops watched you writhe and struggle, ready to dine on your inexperienced soul. In this world, you follow the rules or pay the price. Sure, with your youthful inexperience you made those rash and brazen decisions. It was only one careless mistake, right? Surely your pice didn't have to be your life?

And the world soon faded into white, your vision becoming fully obscured. You felt no pain, nothing. You didn't even see the beam hit the Maractus, or you. This was the end, surely? But no, no it wasn't. As if by some stroke of luck, your vision returned to you.

Before you was Noka, your trusted partner. The shell of the Nincada that you began this journey with. The Pokemon stood before the Maractus, its ghost-typing allowing it to completely absorb the Hyper Beam. Its Wonder Guard was up in full force, allowing for hope to return once more.

And in the confusion, you could see the Maractus shoot out seeds that hit the Dusclop's body. Vines soon erupt from then, ensnaring the cyclops and leeching the life from it. You could instantly see the Maractus revitalize, along with the Mega Drain healing it further.

The Dusclops, shocked by the turn of events, tries its hardest to fire off another attack before the Leech Seed drains it of what little health it had left. It seems it was gambling on sacrificing its own health to feast on you fully, yet that did not go anywhere as planned. Instead, it disappears, along with the orb.

You find yourself back in the sewers, your other Pokemon looking at you with worry. It seems they had gotten to the lever just fine and had already pulled it to open to the rusted sluice gate. Was this truly a punishment for you, for not following the rules? Both the Maractus and Shedinja looked at you expectingly, seeming grown stronger from the battle.

Congratulations! Noka has gained 2 levels for its battle with the Dusclops!

You also noticed, tightly gripped in your hands, was a black cloth. As if torn from the cloak of the Reaper itself. Was this proof that you had passed that test, and were ready to venture forth? With Reaper Cloth in hand, you should have no issue dealing with otherworld;y beings wanting to ruin your day. Now, your way was opened forward, it was time to return to the main path from the detour and get to the bottom of the cacti's water crisis!

What do you do?
__________________


If I had to leave to disappear and leave this world behind, no matter-
All I'd need is your smile
And I wouldn't even mind

Hawke | Leo

Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 04:55 PM   #89
Jahotsafits
Boulder Badge
 
Jahotsafits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Georgia (USA)
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
Jaho- Stopping to think, you realize the strategy needed to outlast the Dusclops. You order your Maractus to use Pin Missle once again and wait. You see the resisted move pierce through the Substitute Doll over and over again until it finally breaks through. With that, you finally see the Dusclops appear once more, seeming floating above you. Its eye was glowing, and it unleashed a beam of pure energy towards the Maractus.

G-A-M-E-O-V-E-R

You wince, seeing the Hyper Beam shooting towards the cactus. Was this all just for naught? No, it couldn't be. Yet, that was this cruel reality. The Dusclops watched you writhe and struggle, ready to dine on your inexperienced soul. In this world, you follow the rules or pay the price. Sure, with your youthful inexperience you made those rash and brazen decisions. It was only one careless mistake, right? Surely your pice didn't have to be your life?

And the world soon faded into white, your vision becoming fully obscured. You felt no pain, nothing. You didn't even see the beam hit the Maractus, or you. This was the end, surely? But no, no it wasn't. As if by some stroke of luck, your vision returned to you.

Before you was Noka, your trusted partner. The shell of the Nincada that you began this journey with. The Pokemon stood before the Maractus, its ghost-typing allowing it to completely absorb the Hyper Beam. Its Wonder Guard was up in full force, allowing for hope to return once more.

And in the confusion, you could see the Maractus shoot out seeds that hit the Dusclop's body. Vines soon erupt from then, ensnaring the cyclops and leeching the life from it. You could instantly see the Maractus revitalize, along with the Mega Drain healing it further.

The Dusclops, shocked by the turn of events, tries its hardest to fire off another attack before the Leech Seed drains it of what little health it had left. It seems it was gambling on sacrificing its own health to feast on you fully, yet that did not go anywhere as planned. Instead, it disappears, along with the orb.

You find yourself back in the sewers, your other Pokemon looking at you with worry. It seems they had gotten to the lever just fine and had already pulled it to open to the rusted sluice gate. Was this truly a punishment for you, for not following the rules? Both the Maractus and Shedinja looked at you expectingly, seeming grown stronger from the battle.

Congratulations! Noka has gained 2 levels for its battle with the Dusclops!

You also noticed, tightly gripped in your hands, was a black cloth. As if torn from the cloak of the Reaper itself. Was this proof that you had passed that test, and were ready to venture forth? With Reaper Cloth in hand, you should have no issue dealing with otherworld;y beings wanting to ruin your day. Now, your way was opened forward, it was time to return to the main path from the detour and get to the bottom of the cacti's water crisis!

What do you do?



Bobert stands there shell-shocked for a bit and looks around before patting his pokemon and the cati that allow it before realizing that hey they got needles and that hurt a bit. After the prick, he looks at his hand as the blood surfaces a bit and he grips it into his hand and just starts laughing and starts leaning on the wall and sliding down onto the grimey floor and starts crying as well. He was ecstatic to still be alive, scared senseless, pumped from the whole ordeal, and kind of spent mentally.

After his episode subsides he checks in with everyone and assures the group that he'll be fine. He returns Noka and shinobi to their balls for not and offers to carry a catus while they make their way down the corridor with his flashlight to guide the way.

Noka was not the only one who grew in that battle but the growth that happened in that domain left Bobert as a damaged child and an inaugurated adventurer.
__________________
~Moo
Jahotsafits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 10:45 AM   #90
CrazyCreeperKid
Thunder Badge
 
CrazyCreeperKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Vermilion City
Posts: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post

Danny-

The pain was tremendous, but you powered through it. There was hope still, and you knew you had to continue forwards. Your Mismgaius was own there, and you had to get to her no matter the cost. And that is exactly what you did, commanding your team to create a makeshift pully system to lower you down the cavern.

This did leave the Wimpod above, but it seems the timid bug had other plans. It lept onto your shoulder, the weight balance suddenly off. Though, Hermes and Fleur can quickly re-adjust for the added weight. You could feel the determination emanating from the Wimpod here, determined to avenge its family. It needed this just as much as you did.

After what was about ten minutes, you finally see the bottom of the cavern. A few small lamps were lit, and you could see Minerva in a fierce battle with a gigantic, hulking mound of black sand. It looked like a palace and knew that this kingdom was the true menace here. Piles of bones were stacked high at the walls of the cavern, the bodies of those consumed by the Sandygasts and the Palossand.

The shiny beast lets out a billowing howl as soon as you touch the ground. It could sense you were in a weakened state the blood loss starting to make you extremely dizzy. This was it, the final battle. You couldn't tell how long your MIsmagius has been fighting the monster, but she certainly was holding her own. She looked at you, ready and waiting for your orders.

What do you do?
Danny, as most heroes who did something stupid and noble, was lucky to survive. The makeshift pulley system Danny had thought up to help lower him down the cave proved to be somewhat successful - although it was rather stressful for Danny's Pokemon to lower him down, especially with the added weight of Wimpod hopping on Danny's shoulder, joining the ride, and the blood loss Danny was experiencing starting to make him feel woozy, they managed to reach the ground. As the cave floor came into sight, Danny saw what, if it wasn't a trick of his blood-deprived brain, were stacks of dusty, dry bones - victims of the Sandygasts' and their leader Palossand, clearly.

Said Palossand made itself known immediately Danny touched down. Once Danny touched down, Fleur was quick to sever the Vine Whip and Hermes quickly took survey of Palossand and its weak points. Minerva, noticing Danny, turned to him, and seemed to want to crack a joke, but then her expression turned grave, seeing his bloodied self.

"Damn, you're not looking good, boss!" Minerva cackled, her voice hollow, but still mean like it always was. Her gems glowed a bright pink and she shot off a Heal Pulse at Danny. Neither Danny nor Minerva was sure how much it would help, but anything would make Danny feel better. Danny tried to make his head focus, and was ready to command his Pokemon. He faced down the Palossand, a colossal, horrifying palace of sand and stone with a gaping maw that seemed to swallow everything.

"Hermes, Fleur, double Leaf Storm on Palossand! Minerva, stay by me and Wimpod! Protect it at all costs!" Danny faltered a bit, noticing that he said protect it and not protect me, but he didn't care. He didn't come so far for Wimpod to just perish alongside all its brothers and sisters. It didn't feel right.

"Alright Palossand." Danny clenched his teeth, bracing for a tough battle. "You're going down."
CrazyCreeperKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 01:39 PM   #91
ChrisClark13
Cascade Badge
 
ChrisClark13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Utah, USA
Posts: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
ChrisClark13-

Trying to assess the situation, you aren't able to discern the source of the threat. Instead, you decide that safety in numbers would be better. Reaching for Yang's hand and gripping it, you tell her this, and she just yanks herself free with panic in her eyes.

"You idiot! If we stay here then we'll both die!" she shouts, and you feel the ground burst beneath your feet.

A vicious, primal roar. The fear of the hunted. And sharp claws digging through your flesh. A blur of blue scales, and an all too familiar stench. It was back. It found you. Even after hours of not seeing it. It had found you. Garchomp.

You feel your body fly through the air before you get tossed into the closest wall. Bones crunch. Blood flying. Breathing heavy. Vision hazy. Everything felt like it was failing. And you could hear the roar of the Garchomp echo through the chamber. It was pissed. And it was after you.

You feel yourself hoisted up, Yang trying to hold you.

"You really need to lose some weight..." she muttered, leaning you against the wall. Your vision was blurry, but you could see her Solrock and Minior trying to hold off the rampaging land shark dragon.

Wrapping some bandages in the puncture wound, and making a make-shift splint for your right arm, you could see the worry on Yang's face. Was this rampaging Garchomp the cause of this destruction? The thing that was trying to prevent the mining operation from continuing?

You could feel the adrenaline reignite your heart and mind. Your body was roaring and screaming at you. Kill it. Destroy it. Mangle it. Eviscerate it. The Garchomp was the threat. The thing that'll kill you. And it must be bruised, broken, and eliminated. There was no time to hesitate, you couldn't. Pure primal instinct had taken over, a feral veracity. All you could see, in a sea of red, was the Garchomp. And then you feel a dissonant whisper in your ear.

"Take all of your roiling rage and rancor... And ignite."

What do you do?
Curtis stared down at the Garchomp, his disoriented thoughts taking a moment to recognize that the thing that they'd been after was right in front of him- his goal. His head screaming to FIGHT, to KILL, he moved to clench his hand into a fist and felt his wounds. His body was no good. Besides, what could a human do to that directly with just one's own hands? He had no weapon he could wield against it, even if he was in a state to use one.

He would have to rely on his Pokemon to do what his useless human body could not. Besides, he was a Trainer, his Pokemon are his hands and weapons in times like this were they not? This was a Pokemon Battle, if not for glory or fame- but pure survival.

He narrowed his eyes as his anger turned colder and more analytical.

The Garchomp was just another Raid Boss in front of him. He knew how to deal with those. Bind it. Weaken it. Beat on it until it breaks. Make the fight into a complete joke and watch the enemy flail about.

Curtis's cleared his throat and rose his voice to give his orders. His tone was even and cold, "Annahime, weaken it with Will-O-Wisp. Finnegan, do the same with Snarl. Toby, Growl. Defang it and it will be helpless before us."

His voice was the only thing on his beaten and broken body that needed to work. As long as he could give orders, he could wield his Pokemon.
ChrisClark13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 11:56 AM   #92
Lil'twick
Stardust
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Albion
Posts: 4,428
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Jaho-

Realizing you were safe back in reality, you take a moment to collect yourself. Trifling with the dead was no easy task to recover from... Especially for a greenhorn like you. You decide the best way to go about things was to return both of your bugs, leaving it just being you, your Umbreon, and the three cactus Pokemon.

With the offer to carry one of them, you kind of realize that the Cacnea was too prickly and the Maractus too heavy. The Unovan cactus, however, does try to take the offer and jumps onto you. You fall onto your butt, and the cactus realizes it is just a tad bit too heavy for ya. You see the Cacturne smile at the exchange, and it gives you a hand back up.

The Maractus decides to hold your hand instead, trying to comfort you for the deadly experience the both of you had shared. With that decided, you shine your light forward and continue deeper into the sluice. The smell here was horrid as if the waste here was stuck unfiltered and left to rot for two decades. You see some... unsightly things floating in the water and understanding why the ghosts here were so strict on the rules. The Phantom Isle had had its fair shares of tragedies, so those who break its rules must be punished.

Yet, you could feel the Maractus try to reassure you that everything would be okay as you continue your way forwards. The Caturne was walking closest to the edge and would try to hide anything it might see as particularly distasteful for you. It could see in your eyes how broken you were from the experience you had made.

Then, at last, after at least 30 minutes of walking aimlessly, you get to the central gate. The main filtration system, the door completely covered in rust yet slightly ajar. Someone... Or something, had been coming in here. To Poison the water supply here, and drive off the grass-types who depended on it. Peering within, you could see the silhouette of a mime. Was it the Mr. Mime from the Carnival? What was it doing here? Well, you had two choices, try to sneak in and figure out a way forward, or barge in and dive headfirst into the consequences.

What do you do?


Danny-


Seeing your condition on your arrival, your Mismagius quickly ascertained the situation at hand. She fires a healing wave of purple light, the pulse washing over you and closing your wound. While it wouldn't have healed as much as if you were a Pokemon, it at least will prevent you from bleeding out. That was good... That was good.

Strengthened through your bloodied resolve, you give your team their orders. For Fleur to once again go on the offensive, using her ability and moves to blast the Pallossand away. For your Pidgeotto to follow suit, even at the cost of his offensive capabilities. And lastly, for your Mismagius to make sure the Wimpod with you was protected. It came here for vengeance, and couldn't meet the same grisly fate as its siblings.

With their tasks assigned, your team begins to fight the Palossand. Hermes goes first, whipping up leaves with his wings and firing the powerful, grassy storm at the imposing sandcastle. You could see his special prowess sharply drop as he does so, the attack landing a square hit. Yet, this weakened state was the Palossand's primed opportunity.

You suddenly feel forced onto one knee, the force of Gravity being sharply increased. This proves to clip Hermes's wings, as the katonian bird dives straight into the sand. A face full of sand while dealing with mental recoil was just insult to injury. At least this would prove to make your attacks more accurate as well.

Fleur takes the commotion as her chance and fires off a Leaf Storm of her own. Her contrarian nature proves beneficial once again in this adventure, and sharply boosts her special abilities. If she could just get more and more ramped up, then this overgrown, shining sand castle would stand no chance.

Yet, it seems that the Palossand wasn't worried about the snake. No, it wanted to make sure the bird couldn't fly at all. It creates a tomb of sand beneath Hermes, dragging him deeper within. It was certainly cruelty, seeing a flying type being completely and utterly dominated by a ground-type.

With the situation at hand, you needed to think fast. This felt all too familiar... Of course, the Sandygasts would learn their hunting tactics from the big boss itself. Yet, this was just the beginning.

What do you do?

ChrisClark13-

Realizing your Pokemon were with you once more, you begin to analyze the situation. Cripple the opponent, make sure it can't do anything and watch it writhe as it could do nothing. Break it, crush it, rip it apart, and destroy. Give in to your primal instincts and become a predator... Devour and consume all who stand in your way. And ascend, to the Apex.

Yet, that was not what fate had in store for you. As you barked your orders, the Garchomp dug beneath the ground. This was a skilled hunter who could take down an entire mining team. This wouldn't be a cakewalk like those Dynamax Raid Bosses from the power spots. This was a true hunter. A creature to fear. To run away, hide, and cower. You had no one else to help.

And with your entire strategy nullified from a singular move, you watch the ground erupt beneath Finnegan. The Garchomp's dig attack allowing it to surface, slicing its way through the Thievul. As you watch the Galarian fox land next to your other Pokemon, the Garchomp continues its offense. If you were going to cripple it, it'd cripple all of you.

Seeing its tail glow with draconic energy, it swipes at your entire team. This causes it to break through their physical offenses, lowering their attack with a breaking swipe. It then charges both of its claws with ground energies, and beings to pound against the ground. The entire ground gets Bulldozed, causing you, and your team, to trip over and lose their speed. It had momentum on its side... And the ability to hide beneath the surface. To overcome the Apex Predator like this, you needed to outsmart it and force it to stay on the surface.

What do you do?
__________________


If I had to leave to disappear and leave this world behind, no matter-
All I'd need is your smile
And I wouldn't even mind

Hawke | Leo

Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 06:43 PM   #93
Jahotsafits
Boulder Badge
 
Jahotsafits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Georgia (USA)
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
Jaho-

Realizing you were safe back in reality, you take a moment to collect yourself. Trifling with the dead was no easy task to recover from... Especially for a greenhorn like you. You decide the best way to go about things was to return both of your bugs, leaving it just being you, your Umbreon, and the three cactus Pokemon.

With the offer to carry one of them, you kind of realize that the Cacnea was too prickly and the Maractus too heavy. The Unovan cactus, however, does try to take the offer and jumps onto you. You fall onto your butt, and the cactus realizes it is just a tad bit too heavy for ya. You see the Cacturne smile at the exchange, and it gives you a hand back up.

The Maractus decides to hold your hand instead, trying to comfort you for the deadly experience the both of you had shared. With that decided, you shine your light forward and continue deeper into the sluice. The smell here was horrid as if the waste here was stuck unfiltered and left to rot for two decades. You see some... unsightly things floating in the water and understanding why the ghosts here were so strict on the rules. The Phantom Isle had had its fair shares of tragedies, so those who break its rules must be punished.

Yet, you could feel the Maractus try to reassure you that everything would be okay as you continue your way forwards. The Caturne was walking closest to the edge and would try to hide anything it might see as particularly distasteful for you. It could see in your eyes how broken you were from the experience you had made.

Then, at last, after at least 30 minutes of walking aimlessly, you get to the central gate. The main filtration system, the door completely covered in rust yet slightly ajar. Someone... Or something, had been coming in here. To Poison the water supply here, and drive off the grass-types who depended on it. Peering within, you could see the silhouette of a mime. Was it the Mr. Mime from the Carnival? What was it doing here? Well, you had two choices, try to sneak in and figure out a way forward, or barge in and dive headfirst into the consequences.

What do you do?


Holding his finger to his lips and looking back at the group and begins to sneak in keeping an active eye out for anything that would alert the accursed mime to the group so they could avoid it.
__________________
~Moo
Jahotsafits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 09:38 AM   #94
Lil'twick
Stardust
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Albion
Posts: 4,428
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Jaho-

Placing your finger to your mouth, you signal the group with you to be quiet. Quietly creeping into the door, you see the cistern in full view. A rusted, broken-down filtration device was trying to run to its best ability, but you could tell it wasn't working. You could see the Mr. Mime tinkering with it the best it could, trying to dismantle it properly. If this device was repaired, then the water would be drinkable. The destruction of the machine, though, would spell the end for these cacti.

You look around and see a flight of stairs to your immediate right. It was iron grated, seeming there for maintenance workers to get a bird's eye view of the filtration and machine. While the outline was faint, you could see some kind of door on the other side of the room, on top of the grated walkway. Looks like that was where you needed to go.

With that knowledge, you motion the group to begin to ascend the stairs, trying to make as little noise as possible. Though it does creek, that seems to not trigger the mime. Considering how old this place was, it would make sense that creaking noises would happen often. The scurrying of Rattata and other creatures would be a common occurrence.

Slowly stepping your way through, you manage not to trigger the ire of the mime for the first few minutes. The room was a lot longer, and larger, than initially appeared, so every second felt like a minute. If you were caught, that could spell game over. And that was something that could realistically happen, as you accidentally kick some debris that falls towards the mime.

You then see the Pokemon go alert and begin to scan the room. It knew something was there, but not exactly what. The Cacturne then motions for you to go behind it, and it uses its Sand-Attack to cover your group in sand. Considering how dark it was in here, it would just look like a build-up of dust.

With bated breaths, you see the Mime look in your direction. It squints a bit, before returning to the work it was doing. Looks like you weren't caught for now, but you for sure would need further assistance from your own Pokemon. Sending one out, though, would alert the Mime, so you had to use who was with you at the time. Halfway there, just need to evade detection until you got to the door.

What do you do?
__________________


If I had to leave to disappear and leave this world behind, no matter-
All I'd need is your smile
And I wouldn't even mind

Hawke | Leo

Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 02:06 AM   #95
Jahotsafits
Boulder Badge
 
Jahotsafits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Georgia (USA)
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
Jaho-

Placing your finger to your mouth, you signal the group with you to be quiet. Quietly creeping into the door, you see the cistern in full view. A rusted, broken-down filtration device was trying to run to its best ability, but you could tell it wasn't working. You could see the Mr. Mime tinkering with it the best it could, trying to dismantle it properly. If this device was repaired, then the water would be drinkable. The destruction of the machine, though, would spell the end for these cacti.

You look around and see a flight of stairs to your immediate right. It was iron grated, seeming there for maintenance workers to get a bird's eye view of the filtration and machine. While the outline was faint, you could see some kind of door on the other side of the room, on top of the grated walkway. Looks like that was where you needed to go.

With that knowledge, you motion the group to begin to ascend the stairs, trying to make as little noise as possible. Though it does creek, that seems to not trigger the mime. Considering how old this place was, it would make sense that creaking noises would happen often. The scurrying of Rattata and other creatures would be a common occurrence.

Slowly stepping your way through, you manage not to trigger the ire of the mime for the first few minutes. The room was a lot longer, and larger, than initially appeared, so every second felt like a minute. If you were caught, that could spell game over. And that was something that could realistically happen, as you accidentally kick some debris that falls towards the mime.

You then see the Pokemon go alert and begin to scan the room. It knew something was there, but not exactly what. The Cacturne then motions for you to go behind it, and it uses its Sand-Attack to cover your group in sand. Considering how dark it was in here, it would just look like a build-up of dust.

With bated breaths, you see the Mime look in your direction. It squints a bit, before returning to the work it was doing. Looks like you weren't caught for now, but you for sure would need further assistance from your own Pokemon. Sending one out, though, would alert the Mime, so you had to use who was with you at the time. Halfway there, just need to evade detection until you got to the door.

What do you do?

Bobert recognizing that his options were slim to none, ponders for a second what moves Sir Bobington knew that would be of assistance with this predicament and comes to the conclusion that there was nothing that would be quiet or not reveal them as copying the sand piles would ultimately dray suspicion and confuse ray and lighting would only impede sight for a short burst revealing where they were anyway. So he kneels down and whispers his commands to sir Bobington and the prickly trio.
Bobington would stay where he was while we moves so that he could use Unfinished Symphony* creating a mist around the mime and then use Light Ring so that the group would be practically invisible to the mime while we move swiftly to the door. If the mime was sufficiently distracted then Bobington could join us in the room after making an expedient retreat otherwise keep it busy.
would it work, who knew but it is their best shot as far as he was concerned.
__________________
~Moo
Jahotsafits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 09:57 AM   #96
Lil'twick
Stardust
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Albion
Posts: 4,428
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Jaho- Trying to think of a way to get past the clown, you have your Umbreon use Unfinished Symphony. It was a risk worth tasking, because if the Mime was confused, then you could lead the group of confused Cacti to the door. Yet... Things did not go according to plan at all.

While your Umbreon signs this incomplete, haunting melody, you notice that the mime doesn't react. It continues on its merry business, dismantling the matching without a care in the world. All that really seems to happen is the Cacturne, Cacnea, and Maractus get confused. They begin to look grim, the song damaging their psyche. That was... a total failure.

TO make matters worse, in their confused state, the group begins to flail about the room, trying to rush towards the door. They run like drunkards, hitting themselves against the walls and floors and making a gigantic ruckus. This, well, alerts the Mime, who immediately sees what's going on.

With a sadistic smile, it uses its psychic attack to open the door you all were so desperate to open. Inside... There was nothing. Nothing to stop it from dismantling the machine. There was only one option now, to fight it while protecting the now hurt and confused group of plants.

What do you do?
__________________


If I had to leave to disappear and leave this world behind, no matter-
All I'd need is your smile
And I wouldn't even mind

Hawke | Leo

Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 10:13 AM   #97
Jahotsafits
Boulder Badge
 
Jahotsafits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Georgia (USA)
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
Jaho- Trying to think of a way to get past the clown, you have your Umbreon use Unfinished Symphony. It was a risk worth tasking, because if the Mime was confused, then you could lead the group of confused Cacti to the door. Yet... Things did not go according to plan at all.

While your Umbreon signs this incomplete, haunting melody, you notice that the mime doesn't react. It continues on its merry business, dismantling the matching without a care in the world. All that really seems to happen is the Cacturne, Cacnea, and Maractus get confused. They begin to look grim, the song damaging their psyche. That was... a total failure.

TO make matters worse, in their confused state, the group begins to flail about the room, trying to rush towards the door. They run like drunkards, hitting themselves against the walls and floors and making a gigantic ruckus. This, well, alerts the Mime, who immediately sees what's going on.

With a sadistic smile, it uses its psychic attack to open the door you all were so desperate to open. Inside... There was nothing. Nothing to stop it from dismantling the machine. There was only one option now, to fight it while protecting the now hurt and confused group of plants.

What do you do?


Upon realizing that this backfired completely Bobert calls upon his Twins. "Shinobi use Defog*, Nōka use Shadow Sneak*, Bobington use Unfinished Symphony* again!"

At this point, after the commands are given Bobert goes over to the cati and slaps them as a physical attack that should help cut down the effects of Unfinished Symphony if he remembered correctly.
__________________
~Moo
Jahotsafits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 09:52 AM   #98
Lil'twick
Stardust
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Albion
Posts: 4,428
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Jaho-

Trying to swarm the Mr. Mime, you try to send out your twin bugs with orders. That doesn't work, as their Pokeballs fly through the air before you see a psychic aura surrounding them. Mr. Mime snickers as it twirls the balls with its psychic powers before throwing them into the empty storage room. You hear the door slam shut and lock. This island had its rules. You have already learned the price once of rulebreaking.

So, the only Pokemon that could actually attack was your Umbreon, who tried to use Unfinished Symphony again. Didn't you learn your lesson last time that the attack doesn't affect the Mr. Mime? That it's ears were Soundproof. Your Umbreon was a sitting duck, and the mime was more than happy to abuse that.

Your eyes adjust the shining light filling the room, a Dazzling Gleam coming off of the Mr. Mime. The attack hits the Umbreon, as well as your confused posse of cacti. The Cacturne, and your dark-typed Eeveelution, cry out in pain over the super-effective attack. Don't fight the Chessmaster with an incomplete board.

Recalling the effects of the move, at least what you think the effect was, your go and slap the cacti. Though, it doesn't work. This was a move used by a Pokemon. It could only be broken through a Pokemon, or healing items used by trainers. That's how Pokemon battles worked, did they not?

You then felt yourself be lifted up, the Mr. Mime's psychic attack hoisting you over the pit. You broke the rules, you had to pay the price. The mime snickered as it let you go, and you could feel yourself falling. Soon, you would be consumed by that toxic filth beneath you. Melted and wasted away, and another body to add to the undrinkable water.

Well, at least that's what was supposed to happen. Instead, you feel the reaper's cloth with you glow with energy, and a portal appears beneath you. You end up on top of the group of cactus, who all collectively receive a Shadow Punch to the face.

N-O-M-O-R-E-G-A-M-E-S

You hear the Dusclops echo through your head. This was truly your last chance. Make it count, and fight the Mime properly.

What do you do?
__________________


If I had to leave to disappear and leave this world behind, no matter-
All I'd need is your smile
And I wouldn't even mind

Hawke | Leo


Last edited by Lil'twick; 10-21-2021 at 10:04 AM.
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:51 AM   #99
Jahotsafits
Boulder Badge
 
Jahotsafits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Georgia (USA)
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
Jaho-

Trying to swarm the Mr. Mime, you try to send out your twin bugs with orders. That doesn't work, as their Pokeballs fly through the air before you see a psychic aura surrounding them. Mr. Mime snickers as it twirls the balls with its psychic powers before throwing them into the empty storage room. You hear the door slam shut and lock. This island had its rules. You have already learned the price once of rulebreaking.

So, the only Pokemon that could actually attack was your Umbreon, who tried to use Unfinished Symphony again. Didn't you learn your lesson last time that the attack doesn't affect the Mr. Mime? That it's ears were Soundproof. Your Umbreon was a sitting duck, and the mime was more than happy to abuse that.

Your eyes adjust the shining light filling the room, a Dazzling Gleam coming off of the Mr. Mime. The attack hits the Umbreon, as well as your confused posse of cacti. The Cacturne, and your dark-typed Eeveelution, cry out in pain over the super-effective attack. Don't fight the Chessmaster with an incomplete board.

Recalling the effects of the move, at least what you think the effect was, your go and slap the cacti. Though, it doesn't work. This was a move used by a Pokemon. It could only be broken through a Pokemon, or healing items used by trainers. That's how Pokemon battles worked, did they not?

You then felt yourself be lifted up, the Mr. Mime's psychic attack hoisting you over the pit. You broke the rules, you had to pay the price. The mime snickered as it let you go, and you could feel yourself falling. Soon, you would be consumed by that toxic filth beneath you. Melted and wasted away, and another body to add to the undrinkable water.

Well, at least that's what was supposed to happen. Instead, you feel the reaper's cloth with you glow with energy, and a portal appears beneath you. You end up on top of the group of cactus, who all collectively receive a Shadow Punch to the face.

N-O-M-O-R-E-G-A-M-E-S

You hear the Dusclops echo through your head. This was truly your last chance. Make it count, and fight the Mime properly.

What do you do?


Bobert to grew tired of these games and is super resentful of the malicious and macabre Mime with it's stupid rules and disregard for life. He growls for Bobert to use Stomping tantrum then light ring readying a Pokeball. when the light starts to shine he lobs it at the mime and gives an extra command quick attack. Time to keep it on it's toes.

__________________
~Moo
Jahotsafits is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:34 AM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.