UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2021, 03:27 PM   #101
blu3shift
Boulder Badge
 
blu3shift's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: the funny zone
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Enigma View Post
Cape Effervescence: blu3shift
As you made your way around the outside of the large base you scanned for very obvious windows. Maybe through sheer dumb luck or another twist of fate, you could stumble upon them?
But... What would you do once you got inside? There was some bigger scarier pokemon that Krelia's Gengar was having trouble taking down alone on top of who knows how many poachers and presumably wild pokemon entrapped within. Say you broke the windows and flooded the base. That would throw everyone unexpectedly underwater and chaos would ensue as people rushed to patch the hole and seal off other parts of the base. Who knows if the captured pokemon would be friend or foe to you regardless of if you tried to free them,... assuming there were many in there to free that is.

You didn't have a map of the base but if they were smart enough to hide their base underwater they were smart enough to have it sectioned off and have multiple entrances and exits... Wait... That's true, there Should be multiple entrances and exits.

Tap Tap Tap
Krabby tapped on the window of the aquamole and pointed its other orange claw to a light that you could see illuminating what seemed to be a pristine white wall. OH, That had to be the observatory deck, because there was a crack that ran along the middle of the glass. Akuma had to have been doing a lot to cause this much damage to it if he was alone, for glass to be used in such a manner safely it had to be at least several inches thicker than bulletproof glass.

What will you do and what's your Plan?

...Yeah, there was no beating around the bush with this one. If Elijah stayed in the Aquamole, then he'd just be fumbling around for the next hour until he inevitably was arrested for sneaking around the base for a bit. He was going to have to get out and look for an entrance himself.

"Yeah, okay, this is something that I'm gonna have to do myself," Elijah said as he recalled Epoch. It's a shame that he didn't really have any Pokémon on hand that could survive the elements outside (minus the one that he was given for making a quick escape), but he could maybe pull through and figure this one out on his own? He just had to hope that nobody could see him while he looked around.

"This is gonna suck so much," he told himself as he put on the helmet of the diving suit and climbed the ladder up to the submarine's airlock. He was about to literally jump right into a sink or swim situation, and to be honest he wasn't too thrilled about that.


---

This was a terrible idea. In fact, it was probably the worst thing that Elijah had ever come up with. It was an idea so rancorously awful that he was now a flailing, panicking mess drifting in the middle of the ocean, wondering if he was going to perish amidst the weak rays of light that filtered down from the surface above.

The first thing that Elijah noticed when he left the submarine was how heavy the ocean felt on him. The heaviest thing that he'd tried to bear the weight of previously was when he was asked to move around the couches in the living room, and even that paled in comparison to the suffocating depths that surrounded him. The second thing he noticed was how dark it was. Sure, the Aquamole gave him an excellent view of his surroundings, but there was a clear difference between sitting behind a windshield and being on the other side of it. He couldn't see anything down here, his only guiding light being what he thought was the cold white glow of the observatory windows distantly orbiting around him. The last thing he noticed was how he completely lost his sense of direction. Up was completely relative when he wasn't standing on the ground, and it didn't help that he had accidentally started spinning himself out in the midst of his blind panic. This diving suit at least had an oxygen tank, right?

Did Elijah even put that thing on? He couldn't tell. The least that he could say was that he wasn't being crushed to death by the pressure down here, so he guessed that that wasn't going to kill him. He debated calling out that "Kingdra" character that Quincy had given him earlier, but decided against it when he remembered that all of his possessions were under the suit.

So here he was, a completely helpless rookie who had bitten off more than he could chew, out in the middle of the ocean where he couldn't swim. This truly was going to suck.
__________________


Because constant burnout is a state of mind.™
blu3shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 06:52 PM   #102
Prof.Enigma
Fizzy Bubbles 3 Houses
 
Prof.Enigma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Anchorage Alaska
Posts: 1,093
Cape Effervescence: blu3shift
Something clicked and tapped your foot, and as you looked down you saw the Krabby that had partnered with you. It was surprising that you could see it this well in the dark depths of the ocean but maybe the fact that it was so close to you and that you weren't far from the aquamoles lights.

It seemed to motion to you shaking its head? What could that mean? As your thoughts raced as you started to panic more and more the Krabby pinched your foot for a moment, Not too hard but hard enough for it to snap you out of your thoughts and to focus on it and the pain. Soon after you heard a variety of clicks, whistles, and beeps not unlike that of Epoch, as you turned to the sound you were blinded by a bright harsh light as the Aquamole seemed to be alive of its own accord, and turning on floodlights.

However, this was more likely to be Epochs doing because withinside the subnautical machine you could see your partner zipping about working on something it seemed... that's right... you're not alone in this. While it wasn't much of a relief, something seemed to be helping calm you down with the thought that Epoch and the Krabby were here.

As you were gathering your thoughts, you heard a loud clanking and groaning sound, to which you and the pokemon turned. Withinside the Observation Deck, you could see a familiar Pokemon causing havoc by phasing in and out of things ripping apart things as it went. However,... Akuma kept looking about frantically. Another shadow caught your eye as another pokemon appeared within the deck. A large grey pokemon with gold markings upon its body, with one large eye under what looked to be a bell that one would see at hotels... and a face within its stomach?

The said Face opened up and inhaled, sucking a lot of loose parts and items within it seemingly into nothingness...
No wonder Akuma was terrified... But now wasn't the time to get caught up watching. You needed to look for a way inside.

Prof.Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 10:58 PM   #103
blu3shift
Boulder Badge
 
blu3shift's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: the funny zone
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Enigma View Post
Cape Effervescence: blu3shift
Something clicked and tapped your foot, and as you looked down you saw the Krabby that had partnered with you. It was surprising that you could see it this well in the dark depths of the ocean but maybe the fact that it was so close to you and that you weren't far from the aquamoles lights.

It seemed to motion to you shaking its head? What could that mean? As your thoughts raced as you started to panic more and more the Krabby pinched your foot for a moment, Not too hard but hard enough for it to snap you out of your thoughts and to focus on it and the pain. Soon after you heard a variety of clicks, whistles, and beeps not unlike that of Epoch, as you turned to the sound you were blinded by a bright harsh light as the Aquamole seemed to be alive of its own accord, and turning on floodlights.

However, this was more likely to be Epochs doing because withinside the subnautical machine you could see your partner zipping about working on something it seemed... that's right... you're not alone in this. While it wasn't much of a relief, something seemed to be helping calm you down with the thought that Epoch and the Krabby were here.

As you were gathering your thoughts, you heard a loud clanking and groaning sound, to which you and the pokemon turned. Withinside the Observation Deck, you could see a familiar Pokemon causing havoc by phasing in and out of things ripping apart things as it went. However,... Akuma kept looking about frantically. Another shadow caught your eye as another pokemon appeared within the deck. A large grey pokemon with gold markings upon its body, with one large eye under what looked to be a bell that one would see at hotels... and a face within its stomach?

The said Face opened up and inhaled, sucking a lot of loose parts and items within it seemingly into nothingness...
No wonder Akuma was terrified... But now wasn't the time to get caught up watching. You needed to look for a way inside.

"Out of control" seemed to be the theme of tonight's escapade. Elijah kept on spinning, the only things him keeping him anchored to reality being the rushing of the ocean around him and an incessant tapping on his right foot. The tapping on his foot quickly turned into short, sharp pain as he eventually stopped, the inertia from his 3,600 degree front flip dwindling suddenly. Did something stop him? Was he actually swimming?! Confused, he looked down to see a rusty carapace shaking its head at him.

...Riiiiight, the Krabby. Somehow in his frenzied panic, he'd forgotten all about the stowaway who had led him here in the first place. It kind of hurt his self esteem a bit to forget something that obvious, but his right foot hurt way more than that did so he wasn't really going to complain about it. All he had to worry about now was hoping that the stinging would go away by the time he got in that base... or at least he would have if he wasn't immediately blinded by the Aquamole's floodlights. Submarines didn't just... flash their lights at people on their own, did they? Worriedly but curiously, he turned to look at the cockpit, spotting a turquoise and pink blur whizzing through the ship's controls.

Was that Epoch in there? Didn't he just recall them to their Poké Ball a minute ago? Elijah silently appended "Epoch not actually inside of their ball" to his worryingly long list of weird incidents that he'd encountered with the Porygon so far, hoping that it would be the last. At least he knew that the submarine had some sort of autopilot now, not that it would be much help when he finally made his way inside the base.

Speaking of inside the base, Akuma was still inside the observatory, and from the looks of things he was just as freaked out as Elijah was. The Gengar didn't just bounce off of, but careened through every object in the room, an ethereal pinball leaving a trail of destruction in its wake. Elijah wasn't sure why Akuma was doing this until another Pokémon that he didn't recognize revealed itself. Unfortunately, his Pokédex wasn't exactly waterproof, so he kind of had to improvise on identifying it.

It kind of looked like a Sigilyph that was going through an emo phase and also had arms for some reason. It wasn't hard to make the comparison, with the large red glowing eye protruding from its torso, all of those golden sometimes-jaggedy accents all over its body, and those two bits on its chest that looked like eyes but probably actually weren't. Oh yeah, and that gaping maw in the middle of it all that was trying to devour everything in that room, Akuma included.

The pressure was on. If Elijah didn't act fast, then he wasn't going to be able to act at all. "Uh, you see any way intoooo..." He began before trailing off, quickly realizing that nobody could actually hear him through the vacuum of his diving suit. Elijah gestured towards the observatory instead, hoping that the rest of his team was able to read him. That, and he hoped that he could actually swim swim instead of floating there like he had been for the past few minutes. Wasn't he supposed to kind of... push the water away from him? Yeah, that was probably how it worked.
__________________


Because constant burnout is a state of mind.™
blu3shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 05:29 PM   #104
Zelphon
League President
 
Zelphon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: The Sniz Mobile
Posts: 2,660
Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Enigma View Post
Sunder Island: Zelphon
With ever-growing agitation and concern the Pumpkaboo flitted about in a panicked manner and spoke quickly, it was ever clear that it did not want to be in this area much longer, strong allies or not.

“Something else on this island has been building up with its rage and outright hatred for humans and any pokemon that was once a companion to a human, What it is I know not but it has spectral powers, not unlike my own that allow it to animate corpses… Unfortunately, these were once my companion friends who lived with me for quite some time… but then They came and hunted us down…

After engaging in combat with these… Beasts we were able to flee and make it without casualties… until much later that is. Whatever creatures they are, they are not normal, nor mortal and I doubt you’ll be able to take them on without sustaining losses-” the Pumpkaboo’s ramblings were cut short by another, a much louder howl that sounded much much closer than the last, joined with at least three others.

“If you are foolish to engage in battle with these beasts Do NOT let them bite you or your friends, I cannot sit here any longer, IF you wish to meet up with me, I will be waiting by the beach, for whatever reason these beasts hate the ocean and refuse to go near it.”

With that last statement, before you could stop the pumpkin pokemon, it took off floating at a rather fast pace, before getting scooped up by its once-living companion Pangoro that lumbered at a much faster speed, also holding the Scrafty in its other arm. Right now you have two choices, you could either take on these… Beasts and attempt to defeat them in combat or you could flee with the Pumpkaboo to the ocean shoreline. What will you do?


Oblivious to the agitation of the Pumpkaboo Marrieta continues to pose and posture as Phantom takes notice of the situation. Deciding that things are taking too much of a serious turn and knowing that his trainer would regret not gathering information first the Shuppet floats down to her side before phasing into her.

Stopping mid-sentence about the power of her pokemon Marietta abruptly changes posture and mannerism, her eyes turning an inky red as Phantom performs a possession of her body.

Now in full control Phantom looks up at Stella "If the frantic retreat of our friends is anything to go by I think it best we retreat, I'm sure she'd much rather get the full story first anyway" the foreign voice coming from their trainer's throat cueing the Dragapult in on what's going on.

"Agreed, I shall provide the transport to keep us apace with their party, hop aboard and please...try talking to her first next time.

Laughing hysterically in response to Stella's last statement he once again takes on his calmer persona as the roars of the mysterious threat draw even closer "Hmph, very well, though she rarely needs this treatment anyway."

Piloting Marietta's body onto the Dragapult's back the Shuppet lets out a sigh before stating "She's usually smarter than this, I guess the whole situation with monsters and zombies must have overexcited her" before releasing control and putting both Houndour and himself back in their pokeballs.
__________________
Life, but a series of paths and flows
Down many one can go
May yours run smoothly and be soft to your feet

Zelphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 08:21 PM   #105
Lil'twick
Stardust
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Albion
Posts: 4,428
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
grassyglide-

Waiting with bated breaths, your Vivillon scans the entire area for the tree's re-emergence. You once more hear the cackling of children, and the creaking of old wood as the Trevenant comes out from the void behind Silver. The butterfly, however, has been anticipating this attack the entire time. Setting up a protective barrier around himself, the tree can only help but whine as its phantom force was futile.

NO FAIR!

NOFAIRNOFAIRNOFAIRNOFAIRNOFAIR!!!!

You hear the childish legion throw a temper tantrum. Maybe this would end up working out for you after all. At the end of the day, whether dead, alive or as a giant tree, these were still children. Enrage them enough, and they'd just end up screaming and crying until they shut down and gave up. Was it a cruel thing to do? For sure, but it was tried and true. That is if you could handle the screaming.

And much like screaming children, the Trevenant became to scream. Part is due to the temper tantrum, another part is due to the Blizzard. Frigid winds and hardened snow pelted the grass and ghost type, causing it to wail out in pain. You could see its roots soon begin to freeze over, the ice slowly climbing up the Pokemon's body.

Yet, as the tree begins to freeze over, it spews out spiteful words against Silver. All of the childrens' hatred and roiling rage targetting the butterfly. Blaming it for all that went wrong with their lives, this spite steals away its ability to use Blizzard, massively draining the Vivillon in any future attempts at using the attack. Yet, the encroaching ice was overtaking the opposing Pokemon. One last hit should bring them out of their misery.

What do you do?
__________________


If I had to leave to disappear and leave this world behind, no matter-
All I'd need is your smile
And I wouldn't even mind

Hawke | Leo

Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 06:44 AM   #106
grassyglide
Boulder Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
grassyglide-

Waiting with bated breaths, your Vivillon scans the entire area for the tree's re-emergence. You once more hear the cackling of children, and the creaking of old wood as the Trevenant comes out from the void behind Silver. The butterfly, however, has been anticipating this attack the entire time. Setting up a protective barrier around himself, the tree can only help but whine as its phantom force was futile.

NO FAIR!

NOFAIRNOFAIRNOFAIRNOFAIRNOFAIR!!!!

You hear the childish legion throw a temper tantrum. Maybe this would end up working out for you after all. At the end of the day, whether dead, alive or as a giant tree, these were still children. Enrage them enough, and they'd just end up screaming and crying until they shut down and gave up. Was it a cruel thing to do? For sure, but it was tried and true. That is if you could handle the screaming.

And much like screaming children, the Trevenant became to scream. Part is due to the temper tantrum, another part is due to the Blizzard. Frigid winds and hardened snow pelted the grass and ghost type, causing it to wail out in pain. You could see its roots soon begin to freeze over, the ice slowly climbing up the Pokemon's body.

Yet, as the tree begins to freeze over, it spews out spiteful words against Silver. All of the childrens' hatred and roiling rage targetting the butterfly. Blaming it for all that went wrong with their lives, this spite steals away its ability to use Blizzard, massively draining the Vivillon in any future attempts at using the attack. Yet, the encroaching ice was overtaking the opposing Pokemon. One last hit should bring them out of their misery.

What do you do?

IT'S YOUR FAULT...

EVERYTHING...

I HATE YOU

Argyle wasn't sure if he heard correctly from the cacophonous choir of children's voices emanating from the Trevenant. Even if the words were left to the listener's discretion, the feeling behind them were clear: pure spite.

"Vivillon, steel yourself to their shouts," Argyle advised but as is true with a lot of things, it was easier said than done. It was hard to be the receiving end of the spiteful screams of dead children. It opened the way to self-doubt. After all, wasn't Argyle and Vivillon's purpose to bring peace to these kids? Yet, they seemed far from peaceful...

No, what they were doing was necessary. Before Argyle could appeal to the souls, they had morphed into the Trevenant and engaged in battle. They had scoffed at Argyle's attempt to make peace with Charlotte's locket as a sort of olive branch. They were clearly not in a sane mindset and needed to be put out of their misery. Sometimes the ends do justify the means and this was hopefully going to be case here. Once the battle was over, these souls could finally rest. That had to be true. That was the foundation on which Argyle and Silver had fought this battle. If that came into question, they would not stand a chance against the horrifying screams.

"We'll put them out there misery soon," Argyle added as Silver tried to stay upright against the sonic onslaught. And upright he did stay... for the most part. The spiteful chanting put an end to Silver's ability to use Blizzard. Still, the earlier Blizzards had done their part and it seemed almost over for the Elder Tree. All it hopefully needed was one final wind to knock it down...

"Silver, use Icy Wind," Argyle said calmly.
__________________
Fizzy Bubbles Profile | FB Wishlist
grassyglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 11:56 AM   #107
Lil'twick
Stardust
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Albion
Posts: 4,428
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Grassyglide-

Hoping... No, praying that this would be the final attack, your order Silver to use Icy Wind. With a heavy heart, the Vivillon sends out a frigid wave of air, helping speed up the ice's growth. You watch as the Trevenant soon becomes engulfed within a frozen tomb, its maddening please silenced. The crimson eye fades, signifying that this was the end.

Congratulations, for his hard efforts Silver, has earned 3 levels!

And then you hear the ice begin to crack. You see crevices form at a fast pace, covering the frozen tomb until it all shatters. Yet, this does not free the Trevenant from its icy prison. It too shatters away and unleashes a shadowy mist.

All-consuming, the mist draws in the spirits of the drowned, as well as the lake that they had created. It begins to bubbles up into an orb, and bursts in a flash of brilliant white. You're assaulted by the blast, feeling forceful wet winds wash over you.

Yet, when you stand, you see the spirits of the children laughing and smiling once more. Instead of twisted, bloated, gray spirits you see them fully restored. An ethereal white, all of them sing and dance once more before dancing towards the sky and fading away.

One by one, they wave goodbye and give their goodbyes. Their tears fall, and light rain begins to cover the area. Though, it has a warm, cleansing touch, as the remaining muck and mire soon fade away. In its place, baby's breaths and forget-me-nots soon bloom in full force. You see a few items strewn across the flowers, as if gifts from the children to you.

You have obtained x1 TM Rain Dance, x1 Absorb Bulb, and x1 Damp Rock!

However, there was something else you needed. The entire reason you came here, after all. A way to get into the locked and sealed mausoleum. Sure, exorcising the spirits was important, but this would just happen again if the root of the problem wasn't cut.

With shimmering light, you see one last spirit left standing. Staring at you, he gives you an awkward smile before walking over. A boy around your age, wide-eyed and soft-faced. Holding out his hand, he looks at you with a soft gaze.

"If you'd give me a smile and clasp my hand, I wouldn't mind having to disappear... That'll prove to us, to me, you can save her," he states with a sad, solemn tone. He had teary eyes at this point, as if he, and everyone else, had been waiting for a kind, kindred soul.

What do you do?
__________________


If I had to leave to disappear and leave this world behind, no matter-
All I'd need is your smile
And I wouldn't even mind

Hawke | Leo

Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 04:57 PM   #108
grassyglide
Boulder Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
Grassyglide-

Hoping... No, praying that this would be the final attack, your order Silver to use Icy Wind. With a heavy heart, the Vivillon sends out a frigid wave of air, helping speed up the ice's growth. You watch as the Trevenant soon becomes engulfed within a frozen tomb, its maddening please silenced. The crimson eye fades, signifying that this was the end.

Congratulations, for his hard efforts Silver, has earned 3 levels!

And then you hear the ice begin to crack. You see crevices form at a fast pace, covering the frozen tomb until it all shatters. Yet, this does not free the Trevenant from its icy prison. It too shatters away and unleashes a shadowy mist.

All-consuming, the mist draws in the spirits of the drowned, as well as the lake that they had created. It begins to bubbles up into an orb, and bursts in a flash of brilliant white. You're assaulted by the blast, feeling forceful wet winds wash over you.

Yet, when you stand, you see the spirits of the children laughing and smiling once more. Instead of twisted, bloated, gray spirits you see them fully restored. An ethereal white, all of them sing and dance once more before dancing towards the sky and fading away.

One by one, they wave goodbye and give their goodbyes. Their tears fall, and light rain begins to cover the area. Though, it has a warm, cleansing touch, as the remaining muck and mire soon fade away. In its place, baby's breaths and forget-me-nots soon bloom in full force. You see a few items strewn across the flowers, as if gifts from the children to you.

You have obtained x1 TM Rain Dance, x1 Absorb Bulb, and x1 Damp Rock!

However, there was something else you needed. The entire reason you came here, after all. A way to get into the locked and sealed mausoleum. Sure, exorcising the spirits was important, but this would just happen again if the root of the problem wasn't cut.

With shimmering light, you see one last spirit left standing. Staring at you, he gives you an awkward smile before walking over. A boy around your age, wide-eyed and soft-faced. Holding out his hand, he looks at you with a soft gaze.

"If you'd give me a smile and clasp my hand, I wouldn't mind having to disappear... That'll prove to us, to me, you can save her," he states with a sad, solemn tone. He had teary eyes at this point, as if he, and everyone else, had been waiting for a kind, kindred soul.

What do you do?


Argyle watched as an icy gust pelted the Trevenant. The air was tense as it was cold. Would that attack be enough to finally lay the poor souls to rest? Watching the wind speed up the ice's encroachment of the Trevenant was a bleak affair... but at least it did the trick.

Before Argyle and Vivillon towered an icy statue of the Trevenant. The cursed cries of the many souls inhabiting it's haunted body had ceased. There was quiet, whether it was peaceful was another question... the nightmare that was the battle which preceded the quiet was still fresh in Argyle and Silver's minds.

"Good job, Silver," Argyle said, noticing that the Vivillon - who had only hours ago been peacefully hanging in Amity Gardens - was more shaken than he was, "we did what we had to do to lay those souls to rest." Silver needed the reassurance.

As Argyle's voice pierced the silence, the ice began to crack. Then... it all shattered. Not just the ice, no, but the Trevenant in it too. It gave way to a shadowy mist. As if it were a black hole, it drew in the souls of the drowned along with the lake that had formed. The gravity of all that it pulled in forced it to condense into an orb.

Argyle was awed? frightened? curious? As the orb bubbled, he grew more and more tense. As his suspense peaked, the orb burst and Argyle covered his eyes. He felt the water assault him. Of course, this water could only ammount to a tiny fraction of the tsunami that had claimed the lives of those who he had just fought. Once the wave of winds had subsided, he opened his eyes. What he saw was truly a sight to behold.

The children. They were smiling and waving at him and Silver. This was what they had fought for. Silver for his part looked at the children in a content manner. Argyle could've sworn that the butterfly was almost smiling as he watched those kids find peace once more. Of course it wasn't just the kids making peace, but Silver and Argyle too. Still, someone was missing from the picture... Wisewoods. Argyle had recalled the Pokemon early in the fight after taking a nasty hit, but he was still part of this journey and deserved to say goodbye. Argyle solemnly took out the ball that housed his starter and released him. Wisewoods was still slightly dazed from the attack, but was cognizant enough to see what was going on. So, he too watched on as the kids bid farewell.

As they disappear off into the eternal slumber a gentle rain washes over the battlefield. Unlike the heaviness in the air from earlier, this rain has a gentle, cleansing feel to it. The field gets washed, it's as if the battle never was waged. Still, the memories would be etched in Silver and Argyle's hearts for sure.

As the rains subside, Argyle notices and picks up a couple items. No doubt, they were gifts from those spirits. "Seeing their smiles were enough, though, wouldn't you agree Silver?" Argyle asked. The Vivillon beat his wings in agreement. Only then did they realize that there was still one soul lingering.

"If you'd give me a smile and clasp my hand, I wouldn't mind having to disappear... That'll prove to us, to me, you can save her," the soul said.

Save her? Argyle thought, Save who? Charlotte? Argyle wanted to ask those questions and more to the spirit, but somehow thought that asking those would ruin the mood. Argyle just had to place his trust in him, smile and clasp his hand.

So, he did just that. Argyle smiled as he extended his hand. Wisewoods and Silver observed.
__________________
Fizzy Bubbles Profile | FB Wishlist
grassyglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 03:41 PM   #109
Lil'twick
Stardust
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Albion
Posts: 4,428
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Grassyglide-

Taking the boy's hand, you watch him give you one last smile before fading away. You feel a strong gust of wind sweep through the area, the flowers bellowing at the force. The small flicker of the boy's soul moves along with the wind, before fading for your eye. You feel your hand become heavier, seeing a wrought iron key appear within.

Giving yourself and your team the moment you need, you then look towards the key. A malicious aura surrounded this key, surely hinting at the corruption that tainted the kid's souls. If nothing else, this at least proved that whatever force was sealed behind the mausoleum's doors was most certainly malevolent.

A sense of dread crawled through your stomach. It was finally time to confront the last part of this. With the kids at peace and Charlotte's grave restored, only the mausoleum remained. If whatever was locked there could corrupt something so pure so easily, it was a force to reckon with. It would surely be this adventure's end, once you entered.

Best be prepared for the situation. If there was anywhere else left in Rememberance Park you needed to go, now would be the time. For once you went over, and entered, you had a sense you wouldn't be able to leave until it was all said and done.

What do you do?
__________________


If I had to leave to disappear and leave this world behind, no matter-
All I'd need is your smile
And I wouldn't even mind

Hawke | Leo

Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 09:48 AM   #110
Connor
Unwavering
 
Connor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 8,901
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Enigma View Post
Fizzby Harbor Reply in Light Sea Green
Victory Island: Just a few miles out at sea lies Victory Island, one of the city’s most popular attractions. The island is home to a great monument depicting the hero who brought peace to New Fizz City and their partner, Victini. It is foretold that the mythical Pokemon still resides on the island and will at rare times appear to visitors to grant them insatiable fortune – to this point, budding Pokemon trainers often come here to train before exhibition matches. Be warned that the island Pokemon have a competitive spirit making them tough to contend with.​

The statue loomed before her, drowning out the sky with it's domineering, prominent size. The shadows proved a welcome respite from the overbearing midday sun, the breeze here cooler and pleasantly sharp against her skin. The young trainer holds a single hand out, the carved stone smooth to the touch but bursting with reverent worship. A small smile creeps across her face as she reaffirms her resolution. She would grow stronger, gain as much power as she could. As she needed. Maybe one day, her legacy would be preserved in as grand a manner.

Taking a few steps to give a wider perspective, Connie had to admit that for despite her introspection, she was in awe of the sheer scale of the monument. She knew the legend well - such was its ubiquity within the culture of the region that every child were taught it, and many others beyond those borders delighted in the archaic tale. Something so integral to the shared consciousness and history of the populace was befitting of grandeur, and those who had constructed the monolith clearly held the same belief. It served as a shining point of commonality, a useful tool for inspiring collective thought if nothing else. In a sense it was almost grotesquely indulgent, though rarely would someone openly voice that opinion. Thoughts of her family flash through her mind as she reflects, realising that the two institutions were not so dissimilar. Scowling now, she clicks her tongue with frustration. Perhaps this symbol too was simply a veneer obfuscating a truer, more grim underbelly. Having somewhat soured her own mood, Connie looks around, searching for her partner. She spots Cornish fairly quickly, the Mawile doing little to conceal his presence. Arms crossed, he was feverishly eyeing each passing trainer, desperately trying to prompt them into seizing upon his bait and initiating a battle. Rolling her eyes, Connie walks towards the Mawile, loudly calling out to him.

"Cornish, stop making a nuisance of yourself. We have to get going back to the harbour."

The Mawile instantly retorted with a growling dissent, but nonetheless strolled over to her side, his body language protesting all the while he was approaching.

---

OoC: Declared Pokemon (Mawile)
__________________
FB
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 09:35 AM   #111
grassyglide
Boulder Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
Grassyglide-

Taking the boy's hand, you watch him give you one last smile before fading away. You feel a strong gust of wind sweep through the area, the flowers bellowing at the force. The small flicker of the boy's soul moves along with the wind, before fading for your eye. You feel your hand become heavier, seeing a wrought iron key appear within.

Giving yourself and your team the moment you need, you then look towards the key. A malicious aura surrounded this key, surely hinting at the corruption that tainted the kid's souls. If nothing else, this at least proved that whatever force was sealed behind the mausoleum's doors was most certainly malevolent.

A sense of dread crawled through your stomach. It was finally time to confront the last part of this. With the kids at peace and Charlotte's grave restored, only the mausoleum remained. If whatever was locked there could corrupt something so pure so easily, it was a force to reckon with. It would surely be this adventure's end, once you entered.

Best be prepared for the situation. If there was anywhere else left in Rememberance Park you needed to go, now would be the time. For once you went over, and entered, you had a sense you wouldn't be able to leave until it was all said and done.

What do you do?

Only a moment did the smile last on the soul's face as he held Argyle's hand. Yet the emotions it conveyed was as strong as the wind the clasping of hands had embraced. Oh yes, Argyle would be damned if he ever forgot the smile of this nameless boy as he departed to join his friends in that peaceful eternal slumber every soul longs for.

As the smile faded away along with the rest of the soul, Argyle instinctively eased up if only just a bit. All those tragic souls of kids whose lives were cut short had finally attained the peace they had sorely missed. Having had to fend them off at their worst, it was relieving to see that Silver and Argyle's efforts paid off. Still, Rememberance Park was far removed from attaining everlasting peace. As long as "she" was restless, so was the cemetery and the souls in it...

The boy had left Argyle with a parting gift. A key with a sinister aura that granted one access to the mausoleum. When Argyle had conversed with Monk Yoshi, he had mentioned three parts of the cemetery that was of interest: the portion that housed Charlotte's grave, the lake that the restless tsunami victims' souls had formed and the locked mausoleum. Argyle and co had managed to tackle the first two areas and now he held the key to the last one. Given how emotionally taxing it was to piece together Charlotte's grave and how horrifying it was to face the corpus of souls, Argyle was not looking forward to what malicious being resided in the mausoleum.

Argyle shook his head.

Not a malicious being... just a soul who failed to come to terms with their tragic end. We just have to help them make their peace like we did to those kids, he thought.

Easier said than done.

Argyle exchanged glances with his Pokemon. They were clearly thinking the same thing and none of them were looking forward to it. How could they? Silver had taken quite the beating against the Elder Tree. Argyle wasn't sure how much he could take in a battle. Wisewoods had more time to rest, but he too was weak. Argyle really didn't want to go through another battle but he feared that he didn't have another choice. The trio nodded in silence. They would start off for the mausoleum and bring to a close this terrible chapter in New Fizz City's history. But, first thing's first...

"Wisewoods, use Synthesis and heal yourself up," Argyle said, "Silver, let's see if you can do the same but by roosting instead." At least they'd be re-energized for a potential fight. "Then, let's put an end to this once and for all."

__________________
Fizzy Bubbles Profile | FB Wishlist
grassyglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 01:56 PM   #112
Prof.Enigma
Fizzy Bubbles 3 Houses
 
Prof.Enigma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Anchorage Alaska
Posts: 1,093
Cape Effervescence: blu3shift

Swimming, Pushing water away from yourself. Moving to something while pushing against the pressure of the weight of the water. This oddly seemed like what flying could be like if one could fly high in the sky, fighting gravity instead of the water pressure.

Making your,... feeble attempts to swim getting you closer and closer to the observation deck aided by the Krabby, you soon reached the top of the deck's glass window dome. From here you can probably grab onto the framework and pull yourself along without having to really swim much. helpful.
Akuma meanwhile had spotted you in a short moment of looking back at his ghastly opponent and gave a devilish grin before continuing his pinballing of destruction leading the adversary away from the observation deck, deeper within the submerged base.
Good, now that you didn't have to worry about the threat of that thing You could now focus on getting inside.

You and Krabby climbed about the Domed deck looking for some form of an escape hatch, and lo and behold. Bingo. Built into the side of the deck there was a door with a giant steering wheel. Cliché.
Now to see if you could open it... Fighting the water pressure with that door is not going to be an easy task. Perhaps Krabby's moves could come in handy here...


Sunder Island: Zelphon
After taking direct control of your trainer, you and Dragapult begin heading to the beach following the Pumpkin Pokémon and its undead companions. Releasing your trainer from your control and retreating back within the confines of your Pokeball along with your other companion, you await further command.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a short amount of time, you awake to the pumpkaboo staring intently into your face with a curious look upon its face.
"Oho, you awaken. It seems as if your partners overruled your choice to fight the beasts plagued by darkness, Smart choice that was"
The pumpkin Pokémon floated over closer to the shore, letting the soft waves lap at its stump.

"Those beasts aren't unlike my friends here, but something much darker has corrupted their souls... Something much more powerful than me is controlling them from somewhere within the Islands confines. Anger... so much hatred and hurt."
As the pumpkaboo spoke its voice grew softer and softer. It knew more than it was letting on with the situation. Should you press it for the information it has locked away?

But, what it said struck out to you... souls being corrupted... It doesn't sound much different than Shadowification of pokemon... Were these beasts Shadowfied Zombies?
Prof.Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 03:19 PM   #113
blu3shift
Boulder Badge
 
blu3shift's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: the funny zone
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Enigma View Post
Cape Effervescence: blu3shift

Swimming, Pushing water away from yourself. Moving to something while pushing against the pressure of the weight of the water. This oddly seemed like what flying could be like if one could fly high in the sky, fighting gravity instead of the water pressure.

Making your,... feeble attempts to swim getting you closer and closer to the observation deck aided by the Krabby, you soon reached the top of the deck's glass window dome. From here you can probably grab onto the framework and pull yourself along without having to really swim much. helpful.
Akuma meanwhile had spotted you in a short moment of looking back at his ghastly opponent and gave a devilish grin before continuing his pinballing of destruction leading the adversary away from the observation deck, deeper within the submerged base.
Good, now that you didn't have to worry about the threat of that thing You could now focus on getting inside.

You and Krabby climbed about the Domed deck looking for some form of an escape hatch, and lo and behold. Bingo. Built into the side of the deck there was a door with a giant steering wheel. Cliché.
Now to see if you could open it... Fighting the water pressure with that door is not going to be an easy task. Perhaps Krabby's moves could come in handy here...
It wasn't swimming, but it was kind of swimming? Elijah didn't care, eventually settling right next to the observation deck with the Krabby in tow. If it got him somewhere and he wasn't dying, then it was definitely an improvement over where he was ten minutes ago. He'd probably be wearing the stupidest grin on his face if he wasn't dealing with everything happening at the same time. Either way, that was definitely enough for right now, he decided as he grabbed on to the side of the base and hoisted himself... whatever way this wall was facing.

Curiosity piquing his interest, he peeked through the dome of the observation deck to keep tabs on the chaos that was ensuing inside. Akuma and the... whatever Pokémon were still going at each other with a fervor that left the entire room a mess, but not for long as the battle came to a lull about fifteen seconds later. The Gengar seemed to be sizing up his opponent when Elijah caught his eye, then grinned just ever-so-slightly more before bolting down the exit into the rest of the base. Score one for that guy, then—giving the rookie trainer an opening was definitely enough to make up for that whole teleportation incident from earlier. The only thing that he had to worry about now was getting inside.

Lucky for him, there happened to be an escape hatch right next to the observation deck, complete with a comically oversized wheel that seemed just a little too clichéd. Probably a trap, but it was better than nothing at this point. He gripped the wheel and attempted to turn it... no dice. The valve refused to budge, even when Elijah tried to put his entire weight into it. He'd have to try something else. Maybe the crustacean at his side would prove useful?

Yeah, definitely. Pretty sure that crab was stronger than he could ever be. If he recalled correctly, it knew some move related to gripping things... oh yeah, Vise Grip was in there somewhere! It should be a piece of cake to get this thing open, just tell it what to do... oh right, diving suit underwater. Again, he couldn't exactly tell the Krabby how to pull that one off down here, so he had to resort to charades again.

Elijah motioned towards the wheel, awkwardly cupping his hands to resemble pincers and rotating them counter-clockwise. Hopefully that was enough for the Krabby to understand him.
__________________


Because constant burnout is a state of mind.™
blu3shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 12:42 PM   #114
Lil'twick
Stardust
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Albion
Posts: 4,428
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
grassyglide-

Contemplating what to do next, you realize that battle was unavoidable. With that, you have your Pokemon heal up, with Wisewoods soaking up the sun's rays with a Synthesis, and Silver roosting to rest his wings and recover from the previous battle. With those two all done and rested up, you take the key in hand and open up the mausoleum.

You feel a dark force rush past you, winds unleashing the unworldly seal that had been placed on the building. This energy... felt like hatred had given form. Rage boiling over into a coying black mist or malevolence. Yet its power was weaker than if you'd had decided to come here first. It was actually tolerable... instead of all-consuming.

With the door open, you take your first step inside the building. Rows of tombs lined the walls, seeming to honor the names of those who had led the city in the past. Besides them, heroes of eld, and pioneers who had made important names onto the region. This is... Sacred ground.

And yet, the place was warped and twisted. While the entry room seemed fine, the stairwell to the inner chambers was warped and twisted. A mire of souls swirled beneath, and it looked more like a portal to hell itself than a place to enshrine those revered.

"Please..." You heard a voice beg from beyond the stairwell. Distorted, and faded beyond recognition. Yet, you felt the items from the grave resonate from the voice.

And as if the items were calling to the spirit, a flash of pink appears before you. Yet this time, you were able to recognize the form. A Frillish floated before you, her face saddened and distraught. Power was seeping from her, into these items you held. This was the cause of the events in the park. Yet, there was something afoot beneath her actions. At this point, the items you had were almost bursting with energy.

What do you do?
__________________


If I had to leave to disappear and leave this world behind, no matter-
All I'd need is your smile
And I wouldn't even mind

Hawke | Leo

Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 12:51 PM   #115
grassyglide
Boulder Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
grassyglide-

Contemplating what to do next, you realize that battle was unavoidable. With that, you have your Pokemon heal up, with Wisewoods soaking up the sun's rays with a Synthesis, and Silver roosting to rest his wings and recover from the previous battle. With those two all done and rested up, you take the key in hand and open up the mausoleum.

You feel a dark force rush past you, winds unleashing the unworldly seal that had been placed on the building. This energy... felt like hatred had given form. Rage boiling over into a coying black mist or malevolence. Yet its power was weaker than if you'd had decided to come here first. It was actually tolerable... instead of all-consuming.

With the door open, you take your first step inside the building. Rows of tombs lined the walls, seeming to honor the names of those who had led the city in the past. Besides them, heroes of eld, and pioneers who had made important names onto the region. This is... Sacred ground.

And yet, the place was warped and twisted. While the entry room seemed fine, the stairwell to the inner chambers was warped and twisted. A mire of souls swirled beneath, and it looked more like a portal to hell itself than a place to enshrine those revered.

"Please..." You heard a voice beg from beyond the stairwell. Distorted, and faded beyond recognition. Yet, you felt the items from the grave resonate from the voice.

And as if the items were calling to the spirit, a flash of pink appears before you. Yet this time, you were able to recognize the form. A Frillish floated before you, her face saddened and distraught. Power was seeping from her, into these items you held. This was the cause of the events in the park. Yet, there was something afoot beneath her actions. At this point, the items you had were almost bursting with energy.

What do you do?

Argyle braced himself as he placed the key. Not that he was quite sure what he was expecting, but after seeing the malicious aura the key was seeped in, he was ready for anything. If Giratina stood behind that door menacingly awaiting Argyle's arrival, he would just accept it as meant to be. After all, what could top the vile corpus of child souls disguised as a Trevenant?

No. Not evil. Not vile.

What lay behind that door had to be her soul. Argyle did not know her. How could he? All he had to get acquainted with her was a couple of broken pieces she had left behind in tatters. Still, there was no way she could be that menacing. Deep down she was probably just that innocent child Argyle thought her to be. It was on him to make sure that her inner soul defeated any lingering hate that had surfaced.

Resolved to see this out, Argyle held the key firmly as a dark wind brushed past him. The wind perked up the hairs on his arms. The hate was palpable. Argyle shivered. No turning back. He took the first step in. Silver and Wisewoods flew in after him.

Even if just for a second, Argyle forgot the tense situation and took in the mausoleum. It was truly a sight to behold. Tomb after tomb honoring those who had carved their names in the annuls of Fizzytopia history. But, like I said, this awe only lasted a fleeting second. The dark energy was too much to ignore for any longer. It demanded that Argyle not honor those who rested here but instead tremble in fear of a portal that seemingly led to hell. Whether the warped stairwell actually led to hell was something Argyle could never know without stepping in it, but the souls that seemed to be swimming on the other side was enough proof to convince Argyle that it led to some place... unpleasant, to say the least.

"Please..."

As the cry for help faded away, Argyle could feel the locket shake. He reached for it and took it out. As if that locket beckoned towards the pleading spirit, a pink flash appeared.

The pink flash from when Argyle arrived at the broken grave.

The pink flash from when after Argyle had repaired the broken grave.

The pink flash that seemingly dragged the drowned souls and morphed them into that Trevenant.

That same pink flash now stood before Argyle as a Frillish.

"Their spirits warp and transform... A poor spirit corrupted and turned into a Gengar...".

Monk Yoshi's words echo in Argyle's mind and everything falls into place.

"Charlotte..." Argyle's voice trails off. He needed a moment to take everything in. Then, he held out the locket towards the Frillish. "Charlotte, right? Please take this locket. That little child in there is still in you. No matter how righteous it may seem to rail against cruel fate, don't give into that hate. It... it..." Argyle recalled all the poor kids who had suffer. "It causes too much pain and suffering. Not just around you... yourself as well. You're hurt. Please rest..."

Argyle begged his case. Would this Frillish who was clearly distraught but still emanating that twisted energy heed the call?
__________________
Fizzy Bubbles Profile | FB Wishlist
grassyglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 10:53 AM   #116
Lil'twick
Stardust
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Albion
Posts: 4,428
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
grassyglide-

The Frillish blinks for a second, seeming confused by your words. Yet, it doesn't lash out at them. It just stares at the items, like a forlorn child finding their favorite toy once again. Floating over, the pink jellyfish takes the locket first and starts to cry. You see the dress float over as well, and the two items surround the Pokemon in a flash of white.

Once the light fades, you see the spirit of a young girl floating next to the Frillish. She was the exact same once from the locket. Charlotte. The Pokemon seems to be mimicking her movements, as you see them both nod their heads and smile at you. Well, mimicking wasn't the right term here... More like mirroring. Still, it seems you had quelled her spirit.

"Thank you, kind sir," the girl speaks, her tone soft and sweet. While there was a soft ethereal distortion... it sounded nothing like the drowned children for earlier.

Yet, even with her pacified, this place didn't change. The spiteful mire still hung in the air. No, there was another issue here. Something much darker, more sinister. The sea of souls from the stairwell only swirled in intensity, and you could see the girl give it a saddened look.

"Please, follow," she says softly, before floating towards it with the Frillish.

You watch as the girl extends her hand, and the Pokemon its tentacles, towards the stairwell. With a pale white pulse, the sea of souls disappears. She then beckons for you to follow her, as she descends the stairwell. Knowing you really didn't have another option, you do so.

Descending into the depths of the mausoleum, the mire only gets worse. Stagnant black mist swirled around you as if the choke the life from you. And as you went further down, it only got heavier... and heavier... until the point, you felt crushed by the pressure it was causing.

You then exit the stairwell and see Charlotte (and her worldly host) staring towards the center of the room. This place looked to be its own grave, with a stone grave hoisted on an alter. A statue of some hero erected behind it, and two wrought iron standing candelabras lit. And in the center of the room, and man emanating this dark aura.

"All... your fault..." you hear him mutter. The voice was familiar. The please wasn't Charlotte's, it was his.

"This is all.. your fault..." he continues on, not noticing your presence.

"Father," you hear Charlotte speak up, but the words fell on deaf ears.

"For fifteen years... I've been haunted by nightmares. Of losing her. Over, and over, and over. If you never asked to go to the beach that day... She'd be here. She'd be alive," the man continued, madness and despair consuming him.

"I NEVER WANTED YOU. THAT BITCH INSISTED ON HAVING YOU. ALL I WANTED WAS TO BE WITH HER! BUT NO, SHE WANTED A FAMILY. BABY THIS. BABY THAT," the man continued on, and you could see the pain on Charlotte's face. No wonder this happened... To desecrate the dead, that was an unforgivable sin.

"AND EVERY NIGHT YOU HAUNT ME. TAUNT ME. THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT! EVERYTHING WOULD'VE BEEN BETTER IF YOU WERE NEVER BORN!" he screamed, the black mist drawn into him and soon enveloped him in a black void.

And here, he turned from something more than a man. From those howling screams of hatred, a monster was born, its singular red eye piercing through you. Its stomach, painted with yellow eyes and a gaping maw, and two strong arms ready to grab you both and stuff you in. A yellow antenna extends from the top of its head, a small swirl of black mist emanating from it. The creature floats there and leads out a piercing wail.

"ALL... YOUR... FAULT! I WILL SEND YOU TO HELL BASTARD CHILD!" it yells out and begins to charge at you. Looks like it was time for the final fight.

What do you do?
__________________


If I had to leave to disappear and leave this world behind, no matter-
All I'd need is your smile
And I wouldn't even mind

Hawke | Leo

Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 05:12 PM   #117
grassyglide
Boulder Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
grassyglide-

The Frillish blinks for a second, seeming confused by your words. Yet, it doesn't lash out at them. It just stares at the items, like a forlorn child finding their favorite toy once again. Floating over, the pink jellyfish takes the locket first and starts to cry. You see the dress float over as well, and the two items surround the Pokemon in a flash of white.

Once the light fades, you see the spirit of a young girl floating next to the Frillish. She was the exact same once from the locket. Charlotte. The Pokemon seems to be mimicking her movements, as you see them both nod their heads and smile at you. Well, mimicking wasn't the right term here... More like mirroring. Still, it seems you had quelled her spirit.

"Thank you, kind sir," the girl speaks, her tone soft and sweet. While there was a soft ethereal distortion... it sounded nothing like the drowned children for earlier.

Yet, even with her pacified, this place didn't change. The spiteful mire still hung in the air. No, there was another issue here. Something much darker, more sinister. The sea of souls from the stairwell only swirled in intensity, and you could see the girl give it a saddened look.

"Please, follow," she says softly, before floating towards it with the Frillish.

You watch as the girl extends her hand, and the Pokemon its tentacles, towards the stairwell. With a pale white pulse, the sea of souls disappears. She then beckons for you to follow her, as she descends the stairwell. Knowing you really didn't have another option, you do so.

Descending into the depths of the mausoleum, the mire only gets worse. Stagnant black mist swirled around you as if the choke the life from you. And as you went further down, it only got heavier... and heavier... until the point, you felt crushed by the pressure it was causing.

You then exit the stairwell and see Charlotte (and her worldly host) staring towards the center of the room. This place looked to be its own grave, with a stone grave hoisted on an alter. A statue of some hero erected behind it, and two wrought iron standing candelabras lit. And in the center of the room, and man emanating this dark aura.

"All... your fault..." you hear him mutter. The voice was familiar. The please wasn't Charlotte's, it was his.

"This is all.. your fault..." he continues on, not noticing your presence.

"Father," you hear Charlotte speak up, but the words fell on deaf ears.

"For fifteen years... I've been haunted by nightmares. Of losing her. Over, and over, and over. If you never asked to go to the beach that day... She'd be here. She'd be alive," the man continued, madness and despair consuming him.

"I NEVER WANTED YOU. THAT BITCH INSISTED ON HAVING YOU. ALL I WANTED WAS TO BE WITH HER! BUT NO, SHE WANTED A FAMILY. BABY THIS. BABY THAT," the man continued on, and you could see the pain on Charlotte's face. No wonder this happened... To desecrate the dead, that was an unforgivable sin.

"AND EVERY NIGHT YOU HAUNT ME. TAUNT ME. THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT! EVERYTHING WOULD'VE BEEN BETTER IF YOU WERE NEVER BORN!" he screamed, the black mist drawn into him and soon enveloped him in a black void.

And here, he turned from something more than a man. From those howling screams of hatred, a monster was born, its singular red eye piercing through you. Its stomach, painted with yellow eyes and a gaping maw, and two strong arms ready to grab you both and stuff you in. A yellow antenna extends from the top of its head, a small swirl of black mist emanating from it. The creature floats there and leads out a piercing wail.

"ALL... YOUR... FAULT! I WILL SEND YOU TO HELL BASTARD CHILD!" it yells out and begins to charge at you. Looks like it was time for the final fight.

What do you do?

So... Argyle was right... kinda? Really depends on your definition of right. For the most part he was wrong.

The Frillish was indeed Charlotte, that he was right about, but... everything else that occurred took him by surprise.

There he was thinking that all the destruction in the cemetery was due to Charlotte not coming to terms with her loss. When the boy had said "you can save her", Argyle had thought he meant to save Charlotte from her own darkness... That's what had fueled him to beg before the Frillish, still expecting a fight...

What he witnessed was the diametric opposite of a fight. Frillish reached out for the locket and pulled in the other items recovered from the grave. A brilliant light flashed before Argyle's eyes and there he saw the girl from the locket. Charlotte looked so innocent as she thanked Argyle in her sweet voice.

So was that it? Had Argyle's fears of a big bad evil gal been completely misplaced? If that was truly it, how come the sinister aura was here?

As if Charlotte was reading Argyle's thoughts, she beckoned Argyle to follow deeper into the mausoleum. There he saw the darkness emanating from a man. Though the darkness that he emitted was nothing compared to the spite he spit. All of his anger aimed at Charlotte.

"I NEVER WANTED YOU. THAT BITCH INSISTED ON HAVING YOU. ALL I WANTED WAS TO BE WITH HER! BUT NO, SHE WANTED A FAMILY. BABY THIS. BABY THAT"

His own daughter! That poor little innocent child... If Argyle had not heard those words, he would have had a hard time believing this man was her father, but that was indeed the case. No wonder Charlotte could not rest when faced with such vitriol. Argyle could not help but feel angry in Charlotte's stead. How could he pin the tsunami on Charlotte? This man was not in a healthy headspace. It just went to show how dangerous obsession was. Everything had to be done in balance. Love was no exception.

Alas, it seemed too late for this man to find his balance. He was consumed by his hate... literally. The dark aura that he put out eventually twisted him into a Pokemon...

Here we go again... Argyle thought. Just like the Trevenant from before, except this time it was none other than the Grim Reaper himself: Dusknoir. At least, this time it was only one soul rather than that monster from earlier... Argyle could not help but think.

Argyle finally had his big bad evil guy to fight and fight he would. Not for his sake, but for Charlotte's sake. To keep the promise he made to that boy from earlier. No two ways about it, he would prevail over this Dusknoir. Of course, it wouldn't just be him. Wisewoods and Silver would be by his side. Speaking of which, the Dusknoir was prepared to engage in battle, so it was about time to give orders to the duo.

Against Trevenant, Argyle could not think completely straight due to initial fright of the situation. However, even if this ghost was stronger, Argyle was now used to dealing with the haunted graveyard and the task at hand was so clear that he felt more focused on the fight.

"Let's put a timer on this fight, Wisewoods, start things off with a toxic," Argyle started, "Silver, let's boost our defenses with a Light Screen while also watching Wisewoods' back, after all it's your ability to guard your friends, right?"

Argyle was starting off cautious, but would soon launch into an offensive.
__________________
Fizzy Bubbles Profile | FB Wishlist

Last edited by grassyglide; 09-17-2021 at 06:29 PM.
grassyglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 10:05 PM   #118
lilboocorsola
Reboot
 
lilboocorsola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Searching for a secret base
Posts: 5,856
Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Enigma View Post
Milcery Patisserie: Yuki
Miru nodded and the Milcery started to waft her whole body up and down in a slightly mesmerizing bob, a sweet and warming scent soon started to fill the room filling the room with what seemed to be everyone’s favorite scent, whatever it may be. It allowed Malori to take a shuddering breath and stop in her tracks… Dejected she fell to her knees and openly sobbed into her hands… You weren’t likely to get a response from her here at the moment. It was probably best to let her cry some more, she was overwhelmed with what seemed to be a building damn of shoved away emotions.


Sinistea Patisserie
As Blueberry drifted back in through the rift, unnoticed, you finished getting Mimi covered back up with her bandages. Perhaps there was a way to restore these but that wasn’t here or now. You were abruptly reminded about your Cake that you worked hard on and you were disappointed that it was probably ruined by the smog…

Turning back to the Sinistea you offered to have them return home with you, Well not technically home but back to the other side where you lived, and Mimi spoke her approval of the proposed idea.

But as the Sinistea was about to answer you a crashing noise could be heard followed by the words “What kind of MONSTER would torture a grieving family?! What kind of MONSTER would kidnap young Pokemon?!”

Silence filled the room as sobbing could be heard from the other side.

Sinistea’s face started to contourt and all indications of happiness vanished from the room.
Tears started to form in the teacups eyes and started to sniffle. Before you could say anything the Sinistea started to sob in the same intensity as Malori…

From there things only seemed to get worse as you turned to look at the Rift, it started to Shrink!
It seemed that the Rift was connected to Sinisteas emotions.. And if you wanted to get back home, you’re going to have to calm the Sinistea down


Recognizing the urgency of the moment, Miru swiftly began to bob up and down as she released a pleasant aroma to fill the air with soothing sweetness. Jess inhaled deeply as she basked in the lovely scent of vanilla (somehow mixed with what felt like cooling wind of an air conditioner in summer), as Malori did the same for whatever fragrance suited her senses - perhaps one familiar of her family, as she sniffed and sighed softly in reminiscence. Falling to her knees with a weak shudder, she still continued to sob into her hands, although at least she was no longer actively attempting to assault the aperture. Jess breathed out in relief, deciding to once again give the woman her space to grieve, meanwhile concentrating on the portal and hoping her Pokémon would return through it soon. Although - was it just her imagination, or was the gap growing steadily smaller...?

On the other side, just as Patty extended her paw to their new friend with an inviting smile - they were suddenly interrupted by a loud crash resounding above, followed by scalding words of hurt and accusation. Obviously the poor target they were directed towards, Sinistea sniffled and soon burst into waterworks; and a shocked as well as confused Mimi looked like she was about to join the tearful teacup as Patty hurriedly tried to placate the two.

"Hey, it's okay! We just need to go back up there and explain everything..."

As she said this though, she noticed the opening was also shrinking in conjuction with the crying and swallowed, now regretting her rash decision to run away without telling anyone. Though she wasn't sure what the first furious statement meant, she realized the second must be referring to a gravely wrong assumption made about their absence. Feeling immensely sorry for her actions, she desperately wished her mother were here to help now.

Unbeknownst to her, Blueberry was already halfway towards the hole when the commotion started, and she halted abruptly upon hearing the howling behind her. Though she could likely still slip through the crack at her current size, there was no way she could abandon her children to a now uncertain fate - or one who was weeping its little heart out so much. Tugging at her own heartstrings, the balloon backtracked towards the group and carefully weaved between undetected while they were all distracted by the wails. Hovering right by the bawling beverage's handle, the Drifloon gently leaned in and began to hum a quiet lullaby like HYPNOSIS - a special song radiating warmth and motherly love she used to comfort and cradle her own kids to sleep at bedtime when they were but babies - at a volume just audible enough for her selective audience to hear.

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 09-18-2021 at 11:22 AM.
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 01:02 PM   #119
Lil'twick
Stardust
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Albion
Posts: 4,428
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
grassy-

Finding the resolve to protect the girl's spirit, you steel yourself for battle. Perhaps, if you didn't go through the steps to save her... You'd be fighting her here instead of her deranged father. Desecration of the dead would only lead to vengeful spirits... Even if it comes from the corrupted living.

Your order your starter to spew Toxic onto the rampaging reaper. The poison globules soak into the spirit, causing it to become badly poisoned. The opposing foe winces in pain, its red eye flinching slightly as the poison seeped into its ectoplasm. Yet, this did not seem to damper its roiling rage in the slightest.

It then opens the maw on its stomach and begins to charge up an orb of shadows. The lost souls from all around you are drawn in, each calling out in terror or spite. The orb of souls soon becomes tainted with the malicious shadow emanating from the Dusknoir, and it fires off a Shadow Ball towards Wisewoods.

The grass owl takes the hit and winces in pain. Luckily, Silver's Friend Guard lessens the blow. The Vivillon gives its friend a reassuring smile that everything would be okay, allowing the Alolan Pokemon to power through here.

The Kalosian bug then erects a screen of light around himself and his friend, ready to have it lessen any special blows from the Dusknoir. Yet, the hate-filled beast realizes this and begins charging its fist with the fires of hell. Soaring through the air, the ghost uses a nasty fire punch against the Vivillon, engulfing it in hellfire. Yet, by some luck, the butterfly is not burnt.

The toxic poisoning then saps the life of the Dusknoir, causing it to wince in pain. For defensive orders, you were at an advantage here despite the two attacks you took. Yet, the Dusknoir's pressure soon became overwhelming... Be careful, for the worst has yet to come!

What do you do?
__________________


If I had to leave to disappear and leave this world behind, no matter-
All I'd need is your smile
And I wouldn't even mind

Hawke | Leo

Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 02:08 PM   #120
Zelphon
League President
 
Zelphon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: The Sniz Mobile
Posts: 2,660
Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Enigma View Post
Sunder Island: Zelphon
After taking direct control of your trainer, you and Dragapult begin heading to the beach following the Pumpkin Pokémon and its undead companions. Releasing your trainer from your control and retreating back within the confines of your Pokeball along with your other companion, you await further command.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a short amount of time, you awake to the pumpkaboo staring intently into your face with a curious look upon its face.
"Oho, you awaken. It seems as if your partners overruled your choice to fight the beasts plagued by darkness, Smart choice that was"
The pumpkin Pokémon floated over closer to the shore, letting the soft waves lap at its stump.

"Those beasts aren't unlike my friends here, but something much darker has corrupted their souls... Something much more powerful than me is controlling them from somewhere within the Islands confines. Anger... so much hatred and hurt."
As the pumpkaboo spoke its voice grew softer and softer. It knew more than it was letting on with the situation. Should you press it for the information it has locked away?

But, what it said struck out to you... souls being corrupted... It doesn't sound much different than Shadowification of pokemon... Were these beasts Shadowfied Zombies?
Slumping into a more comfortable sitting position Marietta blinks her eyes a few times before fully processing her seemingly instant transportation to the campsite.

As the Pumpkaboo speaks on Marietta's attention focuses further on what it has to say, the words coming from its mouth sparking her interest as it begins sounding more and more like the mysterious beasts may very well be affected by the Shadow Phenomena.

Curiosity heightened she gets back up on her feet and says "Indeed, although I am their master a wise trainer must still take council from their servants...though this one does lack memory of such a conversation taking place."

"Never the less these beasts you've placed great fear in sound like they may have their hearts closed by the Shadowy cloud of darkness just as many of mine do. Although this one senses you've not yet told the full story, my pokemon and I can not be of aid to you if secrets yet lay between us."
__________________
Life, but a series of paths and flows
Down many one can go
May yours run smoothly and be soft to your feet

Zelphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 02:53 PM   #121
grassyglide
Boulder Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
grassy-

Finding the resolve to protect the girl's spirit, you steel yourself for battle. Perhaps, if you didn't go through the steps to save her... You'd be fighting her here instead of her deranged father. Desecration of the dead would only lead to vengeful spirits... Even if it comes from the corrupted living.

Your order your starter to spew Toxic onto the rampaging reaper. The poison globules soak into the spirit, causing it to become badly poisoned. The opposing foe winces in pain, its red eye flinching slightly as the poison seeped into its ectoplasm. Yet, this did not seem to damper its roiling rage in the slightest.

It then opens the maw on its stomach and begins to charge up an orb of shadows. The lost souls from all around you are drawn in, each calling out in terror or spite. The orb of souls soon becomes tainted with the malicious shadow emanating from the Dusknoir, and it fires off a Shadow Ball towards Wisewoods.

The grass owl takes the hit and winces in pain. Luckily, Silver's Friend Guard lessens the blow. The Vivillon gives its friend a reassuring smile that everything would be okay, allowing the Alolan Pokemon to power through here.

The Kalosian bug then erects a screen of light around himself and his friend, ready to have it lessen any special blows from the Dusknoir. Yet, the hate-filled beast realizes this and begins charging its fist with the fires of hell. Soaring through the air, the ghost uses a nasty fire punch against the Vivillon, engulfing it in hellfire. Yet, by some luck, the butterfly is not burnt.

The toxic poisoning then saps the life of the Dusknoir, causing it to wince in pain. For defensive orders, you were at an advantage here despite the two attacks you took. Yet, the Dusknoir's pressure soon became overwhelming... Be careful, for the worst has yet to come!

What do you do?

In stark contrast with Argyle's defensive approach, the Dusknoir came out firing. Why should the giant ghost care about defenses when it could just overpower its foes? Wisewoods and Silver had to make sure they outlast the barrage of attacks.

The first of those attacks was a Shadow Ball aimed at Wisewoods, perhaps in retaliation for the poison that the owl had sprung on the reaper. Fortunately, Wisewoods had Silver as his partner, who helped lessened the blow. They were gonna need to make use of all opportunities to weaken the foe's attacks if they were to save Charlotte and perhaps even bring peace to this father of hers.

Argyle's confidence was still unshaken despite that initial attack; however, the Fire Punch that the ghost aimed at Silver in response to the light barrier he had erected, did manage to shake it. How could it not? Both Wisewoods and Silver were weak to fire, not to mention the chance of causing burn on them! Though Silver was fortunate enough to evade the residual burns, but who was to tell they'd be luckier in the future. Argyle had to do something about that. After all, one had to take all precautions they could and only then leave it up to fate.

Wisewoods having shaken off the Shadow Ball and Silver managing to stave off the worst of the Fire Punch were still standing defiantly against the Dusknoir. One had to wonder how much longer they could stand tall in the face of the pressure the ghost exerted. Hopefully, at least long enough to let the poison claim its victim. Though, leaving it all up to the poison would be too slow, Wisewoods and Silver would have to help. Obviously Argyle could launch into an all-out offensive now, but would that be prudent with a Fire Punch lurking? What if Silver used Powder to block the Fire Punch? This ghost was not a one-trick pony, that would probably be an overly-cautious move without enough pay off. There was also the potential of Dusknoir inflicting some sort of status condition on them. That seemed like something Argyle should take care of. Guess it wasn't time to launch into an offensive yet. It would probably be wiser to make it as hard as possible for the Dusknoir to hit them.

"Wisewoods, Confuse Ray to start things off, then run a Double Team. That oughta make it harder for the Dusknoir to hit us," Argyle explained his plan, "Silver, for your part start things off with a Safeguard. Then, we can start the offensive. Silver, hit him with a kiss to drain some of his energy and heal yourself up."
__________________
Fizzy Bubbles Profile | FB Wishlist
grassyglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 04:30 PM   #122
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat
Cascade Badge
 
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Dragonland
Posts: 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Enigma View Post


Downtown - The Business & Commercial District

Downtown reply in Slate Gray
Downtown is the bustling financial center of New Fizz City and its most urbanized area, with historically laidback zoning restrictions giving rise to the tallest high-rises in the city. The biggest, busiest and most crowded area in the city, downtown it is a hive of activity for both shoppers and businesspeople alike; even if you're not mesmerized by the city's soaring skyscrapers and monuments, you'll be blown away by its flourishing arts, food, and fashion scenes. From famed museums and art galleries to world class sporting venues, you could live a lifetime and not experience all the amazing things downtown has to offer.

Battle Tower: Behind the city’s most impressive skyscraper you’ll find one of the world’s most state-of-art battle facilities, the Battle Tower! With a number of play formats to choose from, challengers are tasked with battling their way to the top of the tower, facing increased difficulty at each level. Plucky trainers are awarded useful battle items depending on how far they progress. Make it all the way to the rooftop and you’ll face the mysterious Tower Tycoon – but beware, they haven’t lost to a challenger yet!​
Dracen pulled his hood closer around his head, trying to block out the constant noise. Though born in Hammerlocke, he'd always preferred more isolated places, and he'd grown used to the peace and quiet of Oasis Base. Here in New Fizz City, there was always something making a racket. Car engines roared, footsteps bustled, people chattered, Pokemon called, and there was the hum of electricity under it all. Dracen had recalled Gible, who hadn't dealt well with the noise at all, so it was just him walking along. He felt exposed without the company of his Pokemon, even though he knew they were all with him in their balls. It was almost claustrophobic in this place, where skyscrapers loomed from every direction, streets and walls closed off anything that wasn't sidewalk, and smoke rose from every tower to blot out the sky. He longed for the open beauty of the desert, but he had a purpose. The same purpose as he always did, of course - But he'd run out of obscure wild places to seek out in order fulfill it. Thus he wound up here, under an Ariados' web of power lines and the cloying smell of smog, to find a more urban source of mystery and power...

He rounded a corner and stopped dead, smiling for the first time since entering New Fizz. He looked up, and then continued looking up as the tower stretched away into the clouds. He almost tipped backwards trying to see the top of it, before finding his footing again. He hoisted his backpack, resettling it squarely on his shoulders, then set his gaze on the tower once more, his face the picture of determination.

"The Battle Tower... Let's shake the place to its very foundations!" He shouted, leaping into a run towards the distant tower. In their Pokeballs, Dracen's Pokemon sensed the excitement and awoke, alert and ready for the battles ahead.
__________________
Dracen, Dragon Trainer

Cy, Bug Trainer


FB Profile
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 04:43 PM   #123
Raves
a quick fly cuppa
 
Raves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Posts: 2,274
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Enigma View Post
Alderboro Reply in Khaki
Amidst the urban jungle you’ll also find a little pocket of history, Alderboro faithfully evoking the spirits of days long gone. Alderboro is the last remnants of New Fizz City before it was new, drawing both locals and tourists alike to its nostalgic, almost enigmatic charm. The neighborhood’s narrow winding streets are lined with attractive green spaces as well as cafes and shops passed down through generations, offering a perfect place to while away the afternoon. You’ll find time seems to move much slower in Alderboro.

Trader’s Bazaar: A bustling marketplace packed with food, clothing, and knick-knacks you’re not likely to find in the city’s shopping malls and boutiques. Beware of some of the dodgier vendors advertising fake items as genuine artefacts. If you're lucky, however, you may just find a gem amongst the junk.​
It was a simple idea, really. Head into town, do some shopping, acclimatize oneself with the customs of the land, and clear one's mind of troubles. For most people, the idea of this would have been an everyday occurrence, something many trainers do, as natural as breathing or sleeping.

Kyve was not most people.

He had seen a few fairly sized settlements in his life, back where he was from, but this...this dwarfed them by comparison. Those massive stone towers stretching to the heavens, the immense quantity of glowing lights of every colour of the rainbow, the hustle and bustle of noise hither and thither, and the crowds...

Yes, this was unlike anything he had ever experienced. He felt lost, and the unnerving feeling of people scrutinizing him didn't help. Yes, he had been privy to interrogation by the cap'n, but that was with someone he was at least familiar with. It probably didn't help that he stuck out like a very, very sore thumb, what with the scruffy grey hair and hobo beard, the myriad of nicks and scars that was part and parcel of living on the Great Tide, and ragged clothing that hadn't been changed in a good half year or so, crusted with salt and cracked leather barely holding itself together, and patchworking haphazardly flung together to stave off decay, all in the fashion of an eighteenth century privateer.

The way a couple of the stray pokemon recoiled from him also told him he was in dire need of a good scrubbing. That, or it was the fact that he had a very shady looking Furfrou, just as scruffy as him, radiating a somewhat malevolent aura many would identify as that of a shadow pokemon. Amaro was not fiendish, far from it: rather, he was accustomed to the art of death and destruction, a scoundrel and a rogue, yet one with firm morals. Straddling the back of this canine sat a slightly dozy Squirtle, the shellfish pokemon comfortable in the cushioned position of the Furfrou. Carron had offered to give Kyve a shower, but the human was reluctant to do so without a proper new outfit. Something far more modern, yet sticking to his nautical roots.

"Surely there be somethin' in this here marketplace that'll fit me well, lads," he pondered to his pokemon, while looking around the many stalls in an area that, while only part of the city, was far more expressive than anything he had encountered back where he hailed from. Kyve wasn't foolish though, and his history in the art of government-approved piracy and buccaneering meant he had a keen eye for anything that appeared dodgy. Still, the main issue on mind was getting some new duds, and so he and his partners kept their eyes open for anything textile related.
Raves is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 03:31 PM   #124
Prof.Enigma
Fizzy Bubbles 3 Houses
 
Prof.Enigma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Anchorage Alaska
Posts: 1,093
Cape Effervescence: blu3shift

Just as Krabby reached for the door and was about to hook upon it with its reddish claws, you heard a loud reverberating bang that emanated from within the base. Something just happened. Something not good. Krabby was able to get the door open to a room that was grated on the floor. Perfect. You made your way in and Krabby followed suit, dragging the door behind it as it was obvious to the little crustacean that you were trying to get into the dry parts.

Automatically without you even needing to figure out what levers to pull or what buttons to press the room started to drain, and with it, a lot of water pressure suddenly weighed down upon you. It was almost as if Gravity had intensified... Strange.
Once the water was all but gone, you figured it best to get out of your wetsuit. Flippers and a helmet weren't going to help you here. Stowing them away as best as you could to hide evidence that you were here if that was even possible, you pulled open the next door and peeked around the hallways to see, or hear anything.

Silence... Silence so loud it made your heartbeat seem obnoxiously loud, like a hammer pounding away at the walls. Logically this shouldn't be the case given that most people wouldn't be able to hear that, but your mind was gripped by fear as every breath you took sounded like a huge sigh. The stress of this mission was finally hitting like a Conkeldur much more than it had when you were outside. Krabby tugged on you once more, reminding you to ground your mind and focus. Stressing out right now could cause you even more trouble than you were already in.

Without warning, Krabby started scuttling down one of the hallways sideways, eying you as it left. Wha... Why... You had a choice to either follow the Krabby who wasn't nearly as stressed as you were and hope to find some kind of map or layout or something Or you could wander alone and risk getting caught underprepared for either Poachers,... or that Thing.

On the other side of the aquatic base, unbeknownst to you, Akuma was running out of energy. Shapeshifting and "fusing" with Krelia had already exhausted him enough, but he now has to distract this Dusknoir to allow the kid to get in. Hopefully, he was smart enough to have taken the chance to get inside when he led the stupid-everything-eating Dusknoir away from the observatory.

Another Loud noise, frillish on a stick did that thing ever freaking stop??!


Sunder Island: Zelphon

"As much as it pains me, you are correct... I know of the one who is controlling all of the foul beasts.
After the part of the island blew up, We fellow remaining pokemon waited and waited for our trainers to return to us. Never straying far from the beach in hopes to sight a vessel to cross the treacherous waves that keep us trapped on the island. Three months after the humans left the island groups of us broke away and decided to live on the island, wild once more. Turning their back on the humans and despising them for abandoning them here. Several like myself still held hope that one day those of the human partners who survived the explosion and earthquakes on the island would return... Eventually, we had to turn to the island once more to sustain ourselves."

Pumpkaboo decided to float back over to you where it stared into your eyes as it spoke more, its eyes glazing over as it seemed to relive memories once more as if they were happening now.
"Delphia was one of the first to return to the wilds, not out of anger but of hope to see if there would be a way for us to contact humans in any way or form... Something happened to her within one of the larger human structures, what this was we knew not. Soon she started to act strangely, lashing out at others unjustly, ruling over lesser pokemon with her strength, hoarding food from others. Then she started to lure the young ones away. From what transpired I believe that Delphia lured them to the place where she changed. "

Pumpkaboo shuddered
" That night was one of the first nights the beasts started to roam the island. Attacking and making more of themselves and causing others to go missing.
I could tell it was Delphia's doing, for her magick lingers on those who change, unfortunately, I wasn't able to prevent my friends from getting hurt here as we tried to confront Delphia and get her to stop." Pumpkaboo nodded to the empty decaying husks of the Scrafty and Pangoro that stood motionless, expressionless to all of the movements of the world.

"I know not how to stop or undo what she is doing... I only know how to prevent it from taking over me... I am sorry dear friends" the pumpkin pokemon drifted over to the corpses of its friends and nuzzled them softly, as it started to cry.

These were clearly hard memories for the pumpkaboo to bring up, how it maintained a cheerful demeanor despite all what transpired to it was beyond knowing. But you had information... A start... What will you do with this information?
Prof.Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 04:26 PM   #125
blu3shift
Boulder Badge
 
blu3shift's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: the funny zone
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Enigma View Post
Cape Effervescence: blu3shift

Just as Krabby reached for the door and was about to hook upon it with its reddish claws, you heard a loud reverberating bang that emanated from within the base. Something just happened. Something not good. Krabby was able to get the door open to a room that was grated on the floor. Perfect. You made your way in and Krabby followed suit, dragging the door behind it as it was obvious to the little crustacean that you were trying to get into the dry parts.

Automatically without you even needing to figure out what levers to pull or what buttons to press the room started to drain, and with it, a lot of water pressure suddenly weighed down upon you. It was almost as if Gravity had intensified... Strange.
Once the water was all but gone, you figured it best to get out of your wetsuit. Flippers and a helmet weren't going to help you here. Stowing them away as best as you could to hide evidence that you were here if that was even possible, you pulled open the next door and peeked around the hallways to see, or hear anything.

Silence... Silence so loud it made your heartbeat seem obnoxiously loud, like a hammer pounding away at the walls. Logically this shouldn't be the case given that most people wouldn't be able to hear that, but your mind was gripped by fear as every breath you took sounded like a huge sigh. The stress of this mission was finally hitting like a Conkeldur much more than it had when you were outside. Krabby tugged on you once more, reminding you to ground your mind and focus. Stressing out right now could cause you even more trouble than you were already in.

Without warning, Krabby started scuttling down one of the hallways sideways, eying you as it left. Wha... Why... You had a choice to either follow the Krabby who wasn't nearly as stressed as you were and hope to find some kind of map or layout or something Or you could wander alone and risk getting caught underprepared for either Poachers,... or that Thing.

On the other side of the aquatic base, unbeknownst to you, Akuma was running out of energy. Shapeshifting and "fusing" with Krelia had already exhausted him enough, but he now has to distract this Dusknoir to allow the kid to get in. Hopefully, he was smart enough to have taken the chance to get inside when he led the stupid-everything-eating Dusknoir away from the observatory.

Another Loud noise, frillish on a stick did that thing ever freaking stop??!
Elijah was relieved to finally get in that base already, having been sleuthing around for it for what felt like months. Sure, going through that airlock wasn't exactly the most pleasant experience, but it was a blast compared to aimlessly piloting a submarine for a few hours. He silently hoped that this would be worth the money and the stress that he could tell would be a pain to cope with. Or, at least as silently as he could, because the eerie atmosphere inside the base proved to make his thoughts seem as loud as a jet taking off in the middle of a concert in comparison. It creeped him out slightly, but not enough for him to abandon his mission.

Elijah slipped the Whatever-Scope on his head. Sure, it made him look stupid, but he had a job to do, and nothing short of dying was going to keep him from doing that. And even if he did, he'd probably just get back up and do it again—knowing Krelia's apparent affinity for ghost types, he wouldn't be surprised if one of those weird gadgets that she gave him had some sort of contingency plan built in. Speaking of weird gadgets, he also made it a point to pick up the discarded earbud on the floor—having both of them might be useful later on. That and he wanted to see what would happen if he threw one of them at Epoch, who was very inconveniently not on hand at the moment.

Who was on hand, however, was his Fomantis. He promised that he'd give her some time on the battlefield, and he was definitely a man of his word—even if he wasn't exactly too thrilled about fighting for reasons that definitely weren't important right now. She looked around confusedly for a few seconds upon being released, but quickly returned to Elijah's side after getting her bearings... or at least she would have if that Krabby wasn't making a quick getaway down the hall for reasons unbeknownst to Elijah. Desiring to not be stranded in enemy territory without anything to defend himself, he followed suit, trying to ignore whatever the hell that noise was in the distance that had somehow started a minute after he dropped in.
__________________


Because constant burnout is a state of mind.™
blu3shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:21 AM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.