UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > UPNetwork

Old 06-19-2012, 03:30 AM   #1
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

Pikachu UPN DAY (2012)

It's that time of year again. The time where we all sacrifice a lamb to the volcano gods in order for them to spare us for another year.

.. Wait what?

Oh right. My bad. The goat sacrifice is next week. Carry on. Wait, wait. Don't go yet. I just remembered. It's UPN DAY 2012! It will be the last UPN Day since we all know the world is ending this year. Obviously. It'll probably be my fault. I'm sorry in advance.

So anyway, today is the 13th anniversary of UPN. Holy shit do I feel old now. Hnnnnng. As is the normal custom, please post any and all interesting UPN related stories. Whether you post in just the anime forum, FB, ASB or my super secret underground rave party forum, everyone can post something here. Post about how you found this place, or any cool stories you have involving UPN. And as usual, any new person that doesn't have one, can get the ability to change their user title whenever they want.

But people will post cool stuff here regardless, right? RIGHT?

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:52 AM   #2
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
Relicanth

>my super secret underground rave party forum

;;

Also happy final maybe UPN Day! I can already change my user title but this is such a monumental occaision that I felt I should post anyways.

UPN's become that site that I check before all others (well aside from my home page when I open the browser), and it's not even just for ASB anymore! There's interesting topics across the whole board (though less said about the debate forum the better), and the relatively small size of the community (compared to others) means that it seems, on the whole, a lot more friendly.

Can't really think of much else to say because I gave my boring origin story last year, so happy UPN Day to everyone, and all glory to the Hypnotoad Kuno!

Fizzy Bubbles - Cable Club Post - Wild Future

Spoiler: show

Various awesome artstuffs by DaisyInari

DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:01 AM   #3
pengyzu
heiir of liife

Send a message via Skype™ to pengyzu
Coool~ Happy UPN day! So I can share how I got here.

Once upon a time in a fugly forum far away, there was a kid who ran around by the name of Pengyzu. He spent his summer working in his humble trade shop and also did graphic art. One day, he grew tired of his monotonous life and decided to try out some RPing. He stumbled upon the rotting forum known as the ASB. He brushed up on the rules and diligently went over these a couple of times before making his presence known. He migrates over to the main hub of this RP, known as the UPNetwork, where he discovered that the internet offers not only trolls and idiots, but also loving friends and family. Unfortunately, real life caught up to this little penguin and distracted him for a good few months. He made his return as his summer was drawing in. He got into arguments and a lot of laughter. He was also inspired by the awesome forum admin known as Kuno to have more confidence in oneself. And from then on, he is striving to become a better ASBer, ref, and RPer. Blah blah blah, the end. Yay~

Happy UPN day everyone! Kuno can I have more features to fiddle around with my user title with :<
Old 06-19-2012, 04:10 AM   #4
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

BORKED

Happy UPN day. Most of my internet friends are from UPN! And the ones who aren't I tend to bring to UPN. Which is convenient.

My favorite UPN memory is arguing with Kuno for five pages on just how airborne a Porygon2 can be. Good times!

Also being in the UPN game was pretty awesome as well.
Old 06-19-2012, 04:19 AM   #5
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

Thanks for the kind words guys. \o/ And don't worry Muyo. This time you'll be a playable dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pengyzu View Post
Happy UPN day everyone! Kuno can I have more features to fiddle around with my user title with :<
Sorry. I can only give people regular user titles. Fancy HTML has to be done manually by me (and I probably wont).

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:25 AM   #6
RaichuRocks
My Thoughts Protect You

Yay! UPN DAY!

Lets see.....

Once I got into Pokemon, I found this place. When browsing, I noticed someone had a UNT avatar. Turned out this person became my best friend Muyotwo.
Did all kinds of things here. Fizzy Bubbles, ASBL.
This year was great as well. Lost a bet to Muyo for the Superbowl and became a Brony. No regrets whatsoever.

And the best of all? UPN Day is also the day my favorite hockey team won the Stanley Cup in 1999. Dallas Stars fan always.
Old 06-19-2012, 04:58 AM   #7
Celebii151
ADCs in 2017 LUL

Send a message via Skype™ to Celebii151
Well, I joined SPPf last year, and found it boring. Eventually, I came across the ASB forums, and fascinated. I joined, and battled, and it was dream crushing glorious. I eventually stumbled across UPN, and joined, where I remain to this day. As with Dave, this is usualy the first site I check when using my laptop. Then I joined FB, and became even more obsessed happy to have a reason to come. I am now a TL3 in ASB, and a ZA for the Cloud Garden in FB. Unfortunately, I haven't been ASB motivated as of late, and I am an inactive ref for now.

HAPPY UPN DAY!

PASBL Record
Trainer Level: 5
Referee Grade: B
Wins (DQ): 51 (5) Losses (DQ): 27 (6) Draws: 3
KOs: 135 TP: 294 SP (Earned): 0 (0)

Anime Style Battling | Fizzy Bubbles | Wild Future
Thanks to Pengyzu for the UserBar!

Last edited by Celebii151; 06-19-2012 at 02:57 PM.
Celebii151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:19 AM   #8
deoxys
Fog Badge

I've been with this fucking site for 9 goddamn years this month.

What the hell.

...Happy UPN Day

MAL - Fizzy Bubbles - Twitter

deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:31 AM   #9
Coolz8
Thunder Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Coolz8
Three months ago, I was invited here by a friend since he asked me if I was familiar to RPing. I replied yes, so he explained some of the Acronyms which i had initially thought as random as he may have mentioned to me a few weeks before. He then led me to this site, showed me ASB, trained me to get a bit used to the ropes, and built my little squad. When he then led me to another site called Serebii.net, A mix of confusion and disorientation slithered through my nerves and I then stuck to UPN, to consider it as my home. I slowly came to know different personalities in a bar-themed thread known as the Time Out, and the diligent administrators who closely monitor certain significant aspects of one of the core activities of UPN. I also came to know Fizzy bubbles, viewed some interesting art threads and so on. Thank you Pingu, Sir Kuno, Miss Daisy, Jeri, Shadow, Concept, Miss Hana, and UPN.

Happy UPN Day.

I have no regrets of coming here, nor of being invited. I'm glad to have been changed this way

--------
It would be best to confess as early as possible, to avoid any excess pain through excess attachment. Make sure you express yourself clearly, and no matter what the outcome may be, treat the other as you may treat a friend, applicable at such a stage in life.

--------

Last edited by Coolz8; 06-19-2012 at 05:34 AM.
Coolz8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:26 AM   #10
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Happy UPN Day!

I actually joined UPN back in 2003, intrigued after looking for Pokemon RPGs and finding Fizzy Bubbles. I've always been a lover of ghost types, particularly Banette, and I was actually the ZO of the Haunted Mansion for awhile. Around 2005, I began getting frustrated with the direction in which FB was going, and eventually I left UPN altogether. I returned March of this year after playing Pokepark Wii and being hit with a powerful, unexpected wave of nostalgia when entering the Haunted Mansion section. Damn you, Dusknoir! *Shakes fist*

Now I ZA for Phantom Isle, and a whole new generation of FBers get to be tormented updated by me~

Last edited by Marion Ette; 06-19-2012 at 07:29 AM.
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:44 AM   #11
takkupanda
Charismagnetism

Send a message via Skype™ to takkupanda
Happy UPN Day!

Living in India, initially (about 10 years back) I didn't have much exposure to Pokemon apart from the main series games (which I somehow would manage to find and download) and anime up to the 3rd season - Johto Journeys. After that I got too busy with my life given how competitive it is in India and stopped watching the anime altogether and only would occasionally play the games.

In about November last year, I watched the movie 'How to Train Your Dragon' and the whole movie and especially the scene with the music 'Forbidden Friendship' reminded me of Charizard Chills, one of my all time favourite episodes. I've since been on a nostalgia ride and in need of finding games somewhat similar to the anime, I came across the PASBL site. There were two links, I first clicked on the SPPf one (unfortunately) and then 'Cept and Dave hinted that I should come to UPN as most of the stuff happens here and I found the forum I had been searching for for years! After PASBL I joined FB and am a regular active member in both!

Fizzy Bubbles

Cable Club Trading List
takkupanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:50 AM   #12
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Happy UPN Day from Spain!

I've shared my UPN story so many times that I've lost count so just go find one of the previous UPN Day threads for that.

Ya'll are awesome and I <3 all of you (generally).

You weren't supposed to say anything!

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:24 AM   #13
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post

You weren't supposed to say anything!
Please, twelve year olds aren't allowed in the real secret underground rave party forum ;o
Old 06-19-2012, 08:26 AM   #14
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

Happy UPN Day!

Also never make a bet with Muyo. Never. He always wins. Always.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:51 AM   #15
Char
Banned

I joined in 2004/2005 for PASBL.

Rejoined last year for PASBL.

But I like the other sub-forums the people in there are cool. For all the years/time I've been on UPN.

There was this guy who had a crush on Misty and a bunch of other characters and his story was really long. That's something I remember from old UPN.

I still want my moving Charizard sprite avatar from 2004/2005.

:3
Char is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:21 AM   #16
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

Send a message via AIM to Tyranidos Send a message via MSN to Tyranidos
Obligatory "came here for PASBL and stayed for the cool people."

Will be for 5 years this November.

Happy UPN Day!
Old 06-19-2012, 10:24 AM   #17
JustAnotherUser
Only Mostly Lurking

Send a message via Skype™ to JustAnotherUser
Happy UPN day all. I already have user-title-changing abilities, but I just wanted to say something.
Dave pretty much summed it up, though, so...

You guys are the best. Here's to another year of UPN Hi-jinx!
Old 06-19-2012, 10:26 AM   #18
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Happy UPN day!

I first came here when Rangeet(yes, Rangeet of all people), has posted a link to UPN in one of the matches that he was reffing. I came at first just for the PASBL, but, soon found myself posting in other section of the forums as well, such as the Misc forum, the Pokemon forum, and even the infamous Debate Forum. I played the UPN game many of times and I still cannot find a use for the Mary Kate and Ashely Pron.

I've had my ups and downs with the forum, but I like to think that I am on an up now. All Hail Emperor kuno!
Old 06-19-2012, 10:40 AM   #19
DaisyInari
Sarasaland represent!

Send a message via MSN to DaisyInari
Altaria

Woohooo, thread is up! Was waiting for this~

This is my second UPN Day, and I've been here for a little over a year~ That's a baby compared to a lot of people, but I've also been here longer than others so it's a weird feeling *nod* A lot has changed since then- my art's gotten better, my asb skills have gotten a bit better (or so I'd like to think), I've joined FB, and made even more friends<3As college approaches though, I'm starting to get more and more busy, but I always have SOME time to come to this place and see how things are doing \o/ Thank goodness for a phone with internet xd

When you go to the Volcano gods for the sacrifice, can I come see? And by lamb I hope you mean something else because lambs are cute and don't deserve to be thrown into a firey pit of death :<

Too bad I already have the ability to change my usertitle! Although... there is something else I'd like to have *eyes those colored usertitles*

HAPPY UPN DAY EVERYONE, HERE'S TO ANOTHER GREAT YEAR~

Hi, I'm Daisy!

W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
TP-131 SP- 64.5/96.5 (5SP to Deh, 5SP to FW, 5SP to Desert Spirit, 8.5SP to Fallen Icarus, 10SP to Kyro12, 8SP to Charminions, 10 to aposteriori)
SHUCKS I GOTTA FIX THIS SOMETIME
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Credits to Charm for making this!

Come, my birdies!!!! Mwahahahaha!!!!!!

Thanks Pingu for being so nice and making me this~

Credit to TheKnightsFury for the sprite!

Fear my abnormally large signature~

Be Positive Ref~ I <3 you, Lonely Cubone and those who eval'd me~
DaisyInari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:42 AM   #20
Sneaze
Mrow?

I came here like 6 years ago on old UPN. Then old UPN went down and the universe became depressed because of it. But luckily it didn't last long and we got this new UPN.

But yeah, came for the ASB. Stayed for the everything else.

Though, I think we need a disclaimer stating that exposure to UPN may cause allergic reactions to... any other forums.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:51 AM   #21
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

I started on old UPN, around late 2004/early 2005 for Fizzy Bubbles, stayed for two years, I think, and then disappeared for a few years due to personal stuff. Came back in 2008 for FB/PASBL, quit FB, and then gradually stopped PASBLing as well, due to school. I've resumed activity in PASBL sporadically here and there, but I mainly just come back for Misc/Video Games/Entertainment/TO, where I spend far more time now. I feel as though I've fully moved from "FB guy" to "UPN guy" on this forum, which is really nice.

This is one of the few sites I still visit every day, and it's super awesome. I'm excited to be an NPC in the second UPN game, too.

Pretty much all of my internet friends are from this site - you guys are so cool ;;
Amras.MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:55 AM   #22
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Yay, UPN!

To be fair, I feel a little high on emotions right now, and my current recollection of coming to UPN is me and 'geet bouncing around a tube labeled "SPPf" with blades drawn and crashing against eachother until we built up enough momentum to accelerate straight out of the tube and into a sky tittled "UPN" in glowing, ENTERPRIZE-GRADE, rainbow letters. Eyup.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:23 PM   #23
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Happy 13th, UPN.

I went to the UPN wiki to confirm the details of a story I was going to tell but it looks like peeking at the Wiki itself has become the story. I mean, just look at these outdated headlines! ^_^;

Quote:
Loki opens signups[1] for a new Fizzy Bubbles campaign event.

Muyo opens signups [2] for the Pokébowl, a PASBL tournament to celebrate the integration of Diamond and Pearl.
Also, we need someone to go through and clean the Wiki up. A crapton of bad spam.

As for the story I was going to tell, it was going to have something to do with when it is that people consider themselves veterans and how big a deal we used to make about "board generations" but I think I'll settle for the hilariously outdated wiki headlines instead.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:51 PM   #24
The Morg
Trying to send Christmas cards

When are you going to invite me to an underground rave party? I have goof balls!

*munch munch* | FB Profile
The Morg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:05 PM   #25
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

I came for ASB, brought Daisy, got involved in Homestuck, got Daisy involved in Homestuck, and then Daisy and I got Kuno involved in Homestuck, and the rest is history.

And by history I mean boring for everyone but me. Happy UPN day!

[i can't believe all of the things they say about me]
Copygoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > UPNetwork