UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases

Old 01-17-2021, 11:39 PM   #51
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

(Reminder, including to myself, that this storyline takes place before a number of events, including Keith and Willa's engagement, their wedding, and the time distortion that resulted in their future selves and their 10-year-old daughter being pulled ten years back. Also, Pangoro was still a Pancham.)

As it turned out, Marion's name was a familiar one to Blueberry, as she had hatched under Coselle's care, and even recognized Liliana from a party thrown at Marion's Secret Base. At that time, however, the Drifloon had been a bit preoccupied with the young Litwick of Marion's. Liliana nodded. "I remember Gwyn," she murmured. "Sometimes I miss them, my old teammates... I wonder what became of them all. And of Marion, for that matter..." It was at this point Peeves put an arm around Liliana, something she seemed to greatly appreciate. "Thanks, Peeves," she said quietly. "Don't get me wrong- I wouldn't give up being with on Keith's team with you for anything, but I still..."

"I get it," Peeves said. "It's only natural you're gonna miss them."

Liliana nodded. "Spending time with the others does help, though," she said. Myrtle, Helena, Chuck... You, of course, as should go without saying... Even Willa's Probopass- having him around almost feels like having Mr. Nose around again somehow."

Peeves chuckled. "From what I've heard about Mr. Nose, that sounds about right," he agreed.

Blueberry had then talked about how baby-crazy she was at that time, and considering that she and her husband were unable to actually do something about that themselves, they had instead opted to adopt. "They really are wonderful," Liliana agreed as they watched Chip zipping around, gleefully munching cookies, and having the consideration to go intangible when his zipping would otherwise cause him to collide with anything. Of course, in the process, this did result in errant cookie crumbs going flying every so often, but that he was making an effort could not be denied.

"Indeed they are," Peeves nodded, a hint of fatherly pride in his voice. "And hey- nothing wrong with adopting. Plenty of our teammates have done that. James and Lily, for instance- he's a Vileplume, she's a Venomoth. They adopted a little Foongus one day and the rest was history." Then, he chuckled at Waffle's reaction to the particular manner in which Peeves had paid for the cookies. "Not a lot of experience with Dusknoir, I'm guessing?" he asked. "Cuz this ain't a mouth, at least not in the traditional sense," he stated, indicating the "mouth" on his belly.

"We can indeed consume food through it," Liliana explained. "But when we absorb things into our bodies more for storage purposes, it's different. It depends on the Dusknoir's intention when they open it, and one can't so easily contaminate the other."

"Keith knows this good and well by now," Peeves stated. "More than once he's had me keep things safe right here in the First National Bank of Peeves," he said, patting his stomach.

The conversation then turned back to that of human speech. Evidently, some of Blueberry's teammates were good with it to some degree. Waffle could write human language out in static, Jess's Ralts seemed to be able to communicate telepathically, but then there was a Sneasel that could actually speak human language. Evidently she wore a mask that Blueberry speculated could have something to do with that. "It's an interesting theory," Liliana murmured, sounding intrigued. "Hermione did tell me she once helped fashion a Pokémon-to-human speech translator. For whom exactly, she didn't say, but..."

"Well, Vinny- that's the Camerupt- he says that pretty much any Pokémon could conceivably learn human language if they put in the work," Peeves shrugged. "So yeah, whether it's the mask or not, that could go either way. Vinny taught himself to speak back when his old Trainer was putting him up for trade to make himself stand out more- back then, Numel were ridiculously common, and he wanted to make sure he stood out from the rest."

Over at the table, the Pichu and Milcery applauded Fred and George as they continued with their jokes, and once the initial shock common among those first meeting Probopass wore off, they smiled and curtsied, making it clear that the Rock/Steel-type's kind words were not lost on them. Not long after, they left and came back with everyone's orders, before asking if anyone wanted anything else.

"Hmm..." Keith murmured, taking a thoughtful sip of his Nutty Buneary Frappe. "Think I'd like to try that Sneasel Burger with Pickles, please."

"The same for me, please," Willa said, causing her and Keith to smile at each other.

"I'mma have da Cheesy Whimsicott Meatloaf," Meowth stated.

"Ooh- may I have the Cheesy Rowlet Pizza?" asked Phantump.

After listening to the others relay their orders, Meowth rolled his eyes. "Ya know dey's Pokémon too, right? It ain't like I gotta translate fer youse!" he exclaimed. However, he then rolled his eyes and turned back to Miru and Momo. "Alright, dat's gonna be da Mimikyu's Frightful Feast fer Absol, da Playful Pancham Fried Rice fer Pancham, and Flapple wants da Rainbow Oricorio Popcorn," he reported. "Dodrio, ya ain't wanted nuttin' else?" he added, turning to the Triple Bird Pokémon.

"No! This sandwich is excellent!" cawed all three heads in almost unnerving unison, before they continued eating, each head consuming one of the Dugtrio Sandwiches in the Dugtrio Sandwich Trio. Fred and George, meanwhile, were, for a change, easing up on the constant stream of jokes, the better to be able to actually consume and enjoy their food and drink, which the two of them seemed to be enjoying immensely.
Old 01-26-2021, 03:28 PM   #52
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
"My. Name. Is. Brulee. It. Is. Nice. To. Meet. You. Mimi," the Mimikyu responds, happy that someone was also looking for his friend. Though, he could sense some annoyance coming from the other Mimikyu. Was there something wrong with being friends? He didn't really know. But that didn't really matter, and he was ready to head out.

Before that, he was asked another question. This time it was about how he knew Pan. Brulee tilted his head for a second, a little confused by the question. Friends should know how friends have met, right? He knew how all of his friends have met. He didn't need to ask, he just knew.

"We. Fought. Battle. Together. We. Lost. But. I. Wanted. Friend. Regardless. Comfort. Friend," Brulee stated, his voice filled with a cheer.

While he certainly got jealous of things, he also wanted the best for his friends. The only Pokemon he truly was jealous of was the Raichu that lived with them. The entire line bothered him in his soul, but he didn't really know why. But that didn't matter now, he needed to find his friend.

"Let's. Go. Find. Him!" he exclaimed with an excited cheer, heading off with Mimi.

---

Watching his Pokemon head off in search of the black Litwick, Leo patiently waited for the drinks to arrive. The white Litwick soon reappeared, holding their order with a powerful Telekinesis. That was certainly a way to do things and added a fun flair to the entire place. She seemed to question where his Mimikyu went, based on her looking at the empty seat while speaking.

"Ah, he went off with another Mimikyu in search of the other Litwick," he responded as he was handed his drink.

Taking a sip, he was immediately assaulted with toasted hazelnut flavor, followed by super sweet cream. The toasted nuts brought out a bittersweet flavor that was able to cut and compliment the almost overwhelming sweetness of the cream. As he drank more, he could start tasting the bitterness of the coffee as well, but there was an almost fluffy, chocolate flavor that also emerged. The entire drink was incredibly well rounded, both in terms of the caffeine content, but as well as the flavor. The four flavors all hit in waves, making it something you wanted to both quickly consume but savor.

He could tell his Pokemon were also enjoying their drinks. Custard was sipping at his latte, a satisfied grin on his face as he watched the Mimikyu. Leo didn't know exactly was his mischievous partner was plotting, but he was sure it was pretty nasty. Then again, his nasty plots tend to end up being humorous, even if they are a little humiliating. He was kind and caring to his trainer, but liked to egg on others and push their buttons. Guess that's what happens when a Togepi grows up in Po Town.

As for Waffle, the Audino started to hiccup, consuming the fizzy drink too quickly. That didn't deter the normal type, and he continued to drink, stopping every so often to open his mouth and enjoy the popping sounds. While it could be seen as childish, Leo could tell the Audino was intently dissecting the entire drink based on flavor and mouthfeel alone.

For the Hot Cocoa, it sat alone at its supposed drinker's seat. Leo could tell by the mug design that it'll stay warm for a long while, the ceramics similar to the mugs he uses at home. Though, the was was a tad bit worried the marshmallows would melt before Brulee came back. It was fine for now.

Just as he thought things were winding down, he felt his entire bag starting to shake. Suddenly, a chocolate ball rolled out of it, and the Pokemon escaped in a brilliant flash.

"PIE!" shouted the inhabitant before it even fully appeared. The Pokemon that appeared was a hungering Snorlax, who seemed to be craving only one thing. Pie.

"Well shit," Leo muttered, awaiting the inevitable chaos that was about to ensue.

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 03:58 PM   #53
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey LET'S [MINGLE]

Mimi listened carefully as the other Mimikyu explained the exact nature of his "relationship" to her elder brother. Nodding in satisfaction for the time being, she relaxed slightly and carried on.

"I. See. Just. 'Friend'..." She smiled with relief. "I. Have. Friend. Too. Come. We. Meet. Her."

She led Brűlée over towards the central table, where Keith and Willa were happily dining with their Pokémon. There she tugged on Momo's skirt in order to flag the Pichu's attention, interrupting the party's placement of a second round of orders.

"This. My. Friend. Momo." Mimi asserted proudly, as Momo blinked in surprise and confusion to see the small doll when she was supposed to stay safely out of sight (not to mention explicitly told not to bother the customers) - let alone a double image of her as the shocked mouse did a double-take. She gave an awkward quick curtsy in polite introduction whilst Miru sweatdropped a bead of cream, not quite sure how to handle the situation. Mimi then went on to ask if either had them had seen Pan, and both shook their heads. Disappointed, the puppet then pivoted to the two puzzled humans sitting at the table.

"Mistah. Miss. You. See. Big. Brother?"

She repeated the previous motion of miming an image of a Liltwick with her shadows, striving her best to make it as accurate as possible. With a mind easily diverted, Momo attempted to help by doodling the Liltwick's likeness on her pad as well - although her depiction didn't turn out much better. Meanwhile Miru sighed and apologized to the waiting group for the waitress's momentary distraction, pinching her partner's cheek to try and remind her to stay focused on serving the clients first, rather than getting sidetracked from task.

...At the same time, Patty paled as soon as Leo casually responded to her obvious query, casting about in an abrupt panic.

"Another Mimikyu? Oh no..."

She soon spotted her sister over by the crowded company in the middle of the café, and excused herself as she swiftly shuffled over to retrieve and reign in the rebellious ragdoll. Pan exhaled a breath of ease as he watched her wax depart, once again about to creep out of hiding and make a break for it when he suddenly felt the earth shake - and the way was blocked once more by a big, bulky pair of padded feet beneath an even more enormous blue blob. He whimpered and retreated back into safety, wondering if he'll ever be able to escape from this pink cloth prison...

-

Blue and Waffle nodded in commiseration as Liliana expressed nostalgia for her old teammates, the latter recalling his own loss of contact with a loved one.

"I had a brother who was with Miss Marion as well, his name was Gadget... I haven't heard from him in a long time though. I hope he's still doing all right."

Blue laid a heart on her husband's mitt, and he smiled at the comfort as he continued on.

"I had wanted to invite him - along with the rest of my siblings - to the grand opening of our bakery..." He caught Blue's scrutinizing eye, still sore over how the lawless lawnmower nearly made a mess of her perfectly planned picnic at the Park. "...But perhaps it's for the best we didn't."

"I'm sure he's still off being his energetic self somewhere," Blue stated smoothly with a soothing pat, watching with appreciation as the similarly excited Duskull darted around the restaurant, yet having the sense to at least lower his presence's corporeality before crashing into anything so as not to ruin the décor. (Though his whizzing about did cause wayward cookie crumbs to fly every which way, to Waffle's dismay as he realized he'd be the one likely stuck cleaning up after via vacuum possession.)

Despite the Dusknoir dad's assurance of the cleanliness of his own innards, Waffle still wasn't quite convinced either, but left it alone as the topic turned to human language. According to Liliana, apparently a "Hermione" had helped create such a device to specifically facilitate communication between people and Pokémon.

"A Pokémon-to-human speech translator, you say? Fascinating, how did she manage that?"

The Rotom replied, greatly intrigued by all things technological.

OoC - @MM: See above for the continuation of Keith and Willa's side of the story.

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 02-14-2021 at 08:31 AM.
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 09:02 PM   #54
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

As Keith and Willa were placing more orders, they were interrupted in doing so by the arrival of a pair of Mimikyu, one of which was introducing the other to the Pichu waitress. Neither Momo nor Miru seemed to know what to make of this, though Keith and Willa smiled as they saw the pair of unconventional Pikaclones. One of them seemed disappointed that the Pichu and Milcery seemed to not have an answer to some sort of question, before turning to the pair of humans and posing the same question, along with a helpful visual aid in the form of an image crafted from shadows, eliciting an impressed whistle from Keith. "That's... that looks like a Litwick, wouldn't you say?" he asked Willa.

"I'm inclined to agree," nodded Willa.

"She's askin' if either o' youse had seen her big brother," Meowth supplied helpfully. "Which I'm guessin' must be a Litwick."

"That'd certainly explain it," agreed Keith, as he glanced around the room. Whether this was fortunate or not was open to interpretation, but from where he was, he couldn't really see a Litwick anywhere. "Well, I'm sorry, I don't think I've seen your big brother," he shrugged.

Willa, meanwhile, gave a small smile at Miru's apology. "It's quite all right," she assured the Fairy-type. "We're not in any sort of hurry, and it's quite nice to meet your friends. A friend of ours has a Mimikyu of her own, too."

Liliana gave a chuckle at the mention of Gadget. "Mow the lawn, mow the lawn, mow the lawn," she chuckled nostalgically. "There was never a dull moment with Gadget around. Oh, yes," she added as Waffle insinuated that it might be for the best that Gadget didn't take them up on their invitation. "Even more of a handful than little Chip. I can only imagine the chaos that would ensue if ever they met," she smiled.

"Yeah, I remember Gadget," nodded Peeves. "I didn't know him nearly as well as you did, though," he added to Liliana. "But it's hard to forget a hyperactive sentient lawnmower mowing basically the entire park at high speeds," he chuckled. Liliana joined in on this chuckling, before the subject turned to the Pokémon-to-speech translator.

"Oh- I'd have to ask her for some of the more technical details," Liliana stated. "But she's very handy with these sorts of things, and highly intelligent, too. I'm sure Keith would have brought her if she was still his Pokémon, but she actually wanted to go with this cryptopokologist who recently moved into Sludge Wave Coast," she explained.

"I'd often help Hermione out with a lot of her experiments, as well as her cooking, before Keith caught Cotton," Peeves added. "She's a Weedle, and she hadn't learned Psychic yet back then, so working with objects meant for humans, kinda difficult for her."

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 03-09-2021 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Minor grammatical fix.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 01:15 PM   #55
Lil'twick
Insanity

Brulee followed Mimi to the other side of the cafe, watching as strange people were talking about something. Was his friend here? He didn't know, but he wanted to find his friend really badly. Though, he was curious about what the female Mimikyu was implying with "just friend". Was there something more than friends? The Mimikyu, still being young, didn't know what romance actually was. Let alone the concept. He did awkwardly watch as he saw Mimi tug on a Pichu's outfit. What was that for? He just watched as the events unfolded in front of him. This wasn't helping find his friend, as no one there knew where his friend was. This caused Brulee to break out into Fake Tears, though to him they were very much real.

Though, this was immediately stopped as soon as he heard a booming voice echo through the cafe. He turned immediately, and out of pure fear looked back at the group in a big panic.

"Pie. Hungry. Pie. Scary. When. Hungry. Must. Be. Fed. Or. He. Eats. Us!" Brulee yells in a panic. This wasn't going to end well.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 05-30-2021, 06:40 PM   #56
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey LET'S [HIJINKS]

Mimi pouted in frustration upon once again receiving no results from her inquiry, though Brűlée seemed even more disheartened as he abruptly burst into tears beside her, startling the three females. Seeing her doppelganger crying candidly, Mimi's mouth scrunched as she sniffed and started to join him, dropping the strong façade in favor of a waterfall of emotion. Their combined wails rose to such a loud volume it resounded throughout the entire restaurant, and Miru sweated in distress as she turned to the table to again apologize for such a disrupting scene during the midst of their meal, while Momo tried her best to placate the two.

"Don't worry, I'll help you look for him too! We'll definitely find him~"

She CHANTed confidently, pumping her fists with LUCKY determination, as Miru sighed and shook her head, throwing her own cream hands up in defeat to admit she's completely lost control of the situation. Before anyone could act further though, the dual dolls' echoing sobs were suddenly drowned out by an even more dominating sound, which simply shouted a single ominous word: "PIE!"

Brűlée blinked and immediately ceased bawling upon recognizing whom the booming voice belonged to, switching instead to a fearful expression as he exclaimed in horror:

"Pie. Hungry. Pie. Scary. When. Hungry. Must. Be. Fed. Or. He. Eats. Us!"

Panic took hold of the entire group, as Momo herself clung to Mimi in terror as she began screaming as well, and not even Miru's attempts at AROMATHERAPY could get her comrades to calm down. In desperation, she looked back to the doubtlessly confused customers, bowing and begging for assistance...

-

In answer to Waffle's curious interest in the invention, Liliana unfortunately had little information to offer on the finer details, but made mention of the Weedle's new trainer who would surely know more.

"A 'cryptopokologist'?" Waffle repeated in puzzlement as he cocked his head, unversed with the term. "What's that?"

Meanwhile, Blueberry was much more keen on hearing how Hermione apparently also appreciated working in the kitchen, nodding in approval.

"So she likes to cook too? My, she certainly sounds multi-talented. I'd have loved to meet her as well."

...Just then, their conversation was unexpectedly interrupted by what sounded almost like a pair of sirens, followed by a deafening roar. Blue's eyes widened as she instantly identified the cry of her youngest daughter - but the thunderous rumble felt forebodingly familiar as well. She cast about apprehensively and spotted her smallest huddled against her friend Momo in the middle of the room, the two trembling in trepidation as Patty hurriedly approached. But where was Pan...?

Her gaze was drawn to the direction Patty was arriving from, and her face grew pale as a potato as she absorbed the sight of an enormous Snorlax commanding half the tiny café's available space, head barely brushing against the low ceiling as he grinned and bent down to hungrily examine his surroundings, drool dripping from his open fangs. Her memory flashed back to nearly losing her then littlest one to the Gigantamax Snorlax King, and in her agitation-addled state she mistakenly assumed this intruder must have swallowed her son whole. Mother's instinct taking over, she hastily grabbed a carving knife and flew towards the giant blue bear in a shrieking fury, prepared to exact PAYBACK by slicing him open to rescue her baby if she had to.

Waffle watched in alarm as his enraged wife took off waving a weapon wildly before he could even react, gulping as he swiftly swerved to the other ghostly guests.

"I'm sorry, I have to go stop her before she does something rash. Uh, please enjoy viewing the selection in the meantime!"

He hurriedly spit out with a respectful nod, before giving chase to try and reign his partner in, lest she regretfully tarnish their restaurant's reputation forever in its very first review...

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 05-30-2021 at 07:43 PM.
Old 05-30-2021, 07:17 PM   #57
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

The pair of Mimikyu... were not all that pleased that Keith and Willa hadn't seen this Litwick they were looking for, to put it mildly. One of them was quick to burst into tears, with the other following suit shortly after. The Milcery seemed intent on apologizing for the whole ordeal while the Pichu seemed to be trying to comfort them, though Keith and Willa looked more concerned than disrupted, each of them looking about ready to stand up and join in the search for the Litwick themselves.

"Oh, a cryptopokologist- someone who studies strange kinds of Pokémon that many don't believe exist," Peeves explained. "Most well-known kind of Pokémon like that's called Missingno., if you've ever heard of such a thing? That's the sort of Pokémon Eddie studies."

"It's really quite fascinating," Liliana added. "I help out in Eddie's laboratory from time to time, and-"

At that point, however, everything was interrupted by the impossible-to-miss booming cry that echoed throughout the establishment. A cry one generally doesn't like to hear in a place that serves food to paying customers; the cry of a hungry Snorlax.

Blueberry was, to put it mildly, not happy to see the Snorlax. Having jumped to the entirely mistaken conclusion that the Snorlax had eaten her child, the Drifloon was looking to attack. With a knife. Waffle was quick to apologize to the Dusknoir family, but not so quick as to get so much as a singular syllable in before Chip took off. "STOP!" the Duskull exclaimed to Blueberry with Astonishing authority behind his childish voice. "I handle this! Is least I can do in return for tasty cookies!" And without waiting for the Drifloon's response, Chip wheeled around and flew in towards Pie, stopping just outside of arm's reach. It was evident that the little Duskull had mistaken Blueberry's response as concern towards the state of the bakery, but either way, he seemed very much intent on dealing with the Snorlax however he could.

Meanwhile, the Mimikyu's panicked response to the Snorlax's roar did not go unnoticed. "...apparently dat Snorlax's name is Pie, and when it's hungry, it's scary," Meowth whimpered.

"Oh, this ain't good," Keith murmured. "Don't worry," he added to the Milcery who was currently asking for assistance. "We got this. Willa, look," he added, pointing to the chocolate chip cookie-looking Duskull zipping towards the Snorlax.

"...Is this wise?" Willa murmured, raising an eyebrow at the sight of Chip facing off against such a beast of an opponent.

"I think this is just the fight for the little guy," Keith replied with a grin and a confident tweak of the brim of his Mega Hat. "Chip! Sweet Scent!" he called out.

"Scent of cookies!!" Chip exclaimed, waving his arms in Pie's direction, causing the irresistible aroma of fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies to waft right towards the Snorlax. Of course, anyone with functioning brain cells would realize that this would surely make the hungry Snorlax focus on Chip, which is exactly why Chip wasn't just gonna float there- once Pie was onto him, Chip was gonna get moving, flying in circles around the Snorlax, trying to keep his attention on him and off anything else, such as customers' food, or slower Pokémon.

Peeves, meanwhile, was eyeing the Snorlax warily. He knew better than to try and stop his son here, but he was also ready to spring in with a Mean Look if Pie needed to be immobilized in a hurry. Meanwhile, Liliana went for a Foresight- between being a mother herself and being not unintelligent, she had a shrewd idea the sort of conclusion Blueberry had jumped to, and reasoned that if she could use Foresight to find the Litwick, she could put Blueberry at ease, ideally before any rash actions were taken.
Old 07-25-2021, 03:59 PM   #58
Lil'twick
Insanity

Panic flew across the cafe as the hungry Snorlax broke out of its ball. Leo could only blink as he saw the other occupants of the place immediately go on the offensive and attack the Snorlax, or at the very least try to distract him. While he appreciated the attempts to distract the Pokemon, he wasn't as happy with the seeming owner of the cafe trying to attack his Pokemon.

He could only blink as Custard launched himself skyward, the Togetic having a plan in mind. He first used a Follow Me, trying to grab everyone's attention. While mischievous, even Custard could tell that this was going from harmless pranks to someone getting hurt very badly.

"ALL OF YOU BEHAVE YOURSELVES!" The Togetic boomed, though to Leo all he could hear was chirping. [I]"If we were food critics and saw this, this place would get condemned and the owners charged with assault. All the Snorlax needs." The Togetic points to the addled Pokemon. "Was what we ordered for him specifically."

Leo could tell that his Pokemon quickly went from mischievous plotting to defensive, protective mode at the sign that his trainer may become hurt in this conflict. His Togetic was annoyed, his Mimikyu was crying, and from what he could tell him Audino was too overwhelmed to do much of anything. Not to mention his hungry Snorlax who hadn't gotten his order.

This was going downhill fast. Hopefully, Custard was able to talk some sense into people. If not, this would become so much worse.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 09-25-2021, 08:09 PM   #59
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey LET'S [PANIC]

Everything erupted into pandemonium upon the entrance of an enormous Snorlax, as Pie's presence sent practically the entire staff into hysterics. With a wild shriek Blueberry lunged at the beast, waving her trusty knife to exact vengeance for her poor (presumably) vored child. Waffle struggled to reign in his wife with THUNDER WAVE but to no avail, and so Chip stepped in by whizzing straight towards the Snorlax and emitting a warm, cookie-scented sweetness that would surely attract the voracious snack lover. As the Duskull-shaped dessert darted about in an erratic effort to distract, his father watched on worriedly - ready to intervene if necessary - while his mother's keen sense of intuition picked up on a possible reason for the proprietor's panic attack and began hurriedly scanning the room for signs of the missing candlestick. She soon spotted him cowering under the table, seemingly unsure whether to interrupt the hectic scene of chaos or remain hidden and attempt to sneak away, in order to avoid responsibility for all the mess his absence had inadvertently incited.

Meanwhile, as half of the current clientele joined in trying to subdue the Snorlax - or at least keep his attention occupied - Pie's own trainer and party members were none too pleased with how their teammate was being treated, especially when they were paying customers who merely wanted their orders to be served. Custard flew up to the center of the ceiling to command the café's concentration, as the ticked off Togetic waggled a reproachful finger to force everyone to follow his movements, scolding in a scathing tone. Although the booming rebuke was almost at odds with his angelic squeaks, it still wasn't enough to cow the crazed parent into calming down.

Deciding enough was enough, Pan sighed as he gathered his courage and stepped out to also CAPTIVATE the crowd, not wishing to be the cause of bringing the family business down in one day, when his folks had worked so hard to achieve their dream. Upon seeing her son apparently safe and sound, the Drifloon immediately dropped her weapon and wrapped her darling baby up in her strings, sobbing with relief as she refused to let go. In contrast, Mimi also abruptly stopped crying as she barreled by - basically knocking Brűlée down in haste to glomp her big brother, snuggling close to the self-conscious candle as he glimpsed pleadingly to Patty for help. (Meanwhile Mimi cast a surreptitious look back at the bowled-over Brűlée for a moment, squinting with a menacing gleam before swiftly switching to BABY-DOLL EYES when her mother glanced up.) Their elder sister simply rolled her own eyes as she retreated to the kitchen to finally fetch the offended patrons' food, whilst her father endeavored to explain the grave misunderstanding via static illustrations and apologized profusely to Leo and co. for the commmotion, offering to waive today's total cost for the whole meal as compensation. Miru and Momo too turned sheepishly to their assigned diners and bowed deeply in regret for the disturbance, the Pichu particularly ashamed of her own unprofessional outburst escalating rather than defusing the situation.

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 09-25-2021 at 11:50 PM.
Old 09-25-2021, 08:58 PM   #60
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Things had started to get rather insane, but fortunately, none of it actually went too far. Liliana's Foresight allowed her to locate the little Litwick in no time, but he chose to show himself all the same, and the Drifloon's change in demeanor proved Liliana's intuition correct- she was merely concerned about her child. And evidently this had been the big brother the Mimikyu had been looking for, as evidenced by Mimi joining in on the heartwarming family hug. The female Dusknoir floated over, allowing them some time to hug it out before speaking up. "Are you all right now?" she asked them.

The Togetic, meanwhile, had drawn all attention to himself, telling all who could understand Togetic language (so basically just the Pokémon) that all the Snorlax needed was the food ordered for it, while also pointing out, and rather rightly so, in all fairness, that if this was witnessed by any food critics, that'd be it for this business. And considering Keith and Willa would eventually order their wedding cake from here, I for one think it's safe to say that didn't happen.

Chip, satisfied that the situation wasn't about to escalate any further, backed down from Pie, though Peeves continued to covertly keep an eye on the Snorlax, just to play it safe. He also didn't really think there was any further danger, but until Pie was actually given his food, it seemed sensible to be careful to some degree.

Profuse apologies were offered all around, including ones to Keith, Willa, and their Pokémon by the Pichu and Milcery serving them. "It's quite all right," Willa assured the adorable pair. "All seems to have worked out well in the end, has it not?"

"It's obvious to me this isn't the sort of madness we can expect from here all the time," put in Keith. "Now, the quality of the food, on the other hand, that's what I'm hoping we'll continue to see when we come back in the future," he grinned.

"Agreed!" cawed all three of Dodrio's heads in somewhat startling unison.

"I WOULD BRAVE THE FIERCEST KARATE CHOPS AND THE MOST VICIOUS MUD-SLAPS FOR THIS BEVERAGE!" Probopass declared. "IF YOU CONTINUE TO MAKE BEVERAGES AS GOOD AS THIS THEN YOU HAVE A CUSTOMER FOR LIFE!"

"If what just happened thinks it can scare us away from coming back, it doesn't stand a ghost of a chance," stated Fred.

"That's the spirit, Fred," chimed in George.

Absol smiled reassuringly. "I can foresee no disaster befalling this establishment as a result of what has occurred," she stated.

"Yeah! And Absol's really good at foreseeing disasters!" Pancham grinned (this was, after all, back before his evolution into Pangoro). "Besides, this food's good!" he added.

"Basically what they all said," Flapple added. Phantump nodded in agreement as well, between sips of the Litwick Hot Cocoa.

"Seems like it's unanimous," purred Meowth. "Gonna take more den a little drama ta screw tings up fer us," he stated.

Chip, at that moment, floated over to the table, bringing the scent of chocolate chip cookies along with him. "I think it safe to not try distract Snorlax any more," he stated. "Since they bringing him food now."

"Sounds that way, yeah," Keith nodded. "You did good, though, Chip," he added with a smile. "How are you liking this so far?"

"It amazing!" the Duskull responded, his eye shining. "Cookies so good!"

"I imagine so," nodded Willa. "Would you like to order something to drink as well?" she added. "Surely you wouldn't be satisfied with cookies alone."

"Oh! Yes, yes, you make good point," Chip nodded, before turning to the Pichu and Milcery. "Um, hi. My name Chip," he said. "May I order tall glass Moomoo Milk?" he asked.

While this was going on, Flapple landed next to Brűlée, who had gotten bowled over by Mimi's mad dash to hug her brother. "You OK there?" the Apple Wing Pokémon asked.
Old 10-01-2021, 11:11 AM   #61
Lil'twick
Insanity

Custard let out a sigh of relief. That would've gone bad, fast. The Togetic just looked at the room, and saw that it soon returned to normal, with the people there starting orders and the owners apologizing. They were still waiting on Pie's pie, but well that could wait. The Snorlax seemed to be somewhat pacified now, taking a few bites out of everyone's food.

Meanwhile, Brulee felt hurt. Why would the other Mimikyu push him to the floor? Why did she want him to not interact with Friend? He started to cry, extremely hurt by her actions. He just wanted to be friends with the Litwick. To be close to him, and spend time with him. What was wrong with that?

He was then approached by a Flapple, who seemed quite concerned for him. He looked up at the dragon apple, still crying and sniffling.

[I]"I'm. Not. Okay. I. Just. Wanted. To. Be. Friends." He stated.

The Mimikyu then got up, still sniffling, and thanked the Flapple. He then ran over to Pan and Mimi, still crying. Why was she trying to act all innocent, when she knocked him down? Surely people saw what she did.

"Hi." he stated meekly to Pan. "I. Just. Wanted. To. Be. Friends. But. She. Doesn't. Want. Me. To. Be. Friends. With. You." the disguised Pokemon stated.

"So. Can. We. Please. Be. Friends?" He asked Pan.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 10-21-2021, 01:55 PM   #62
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey LET'S [BE FRIENDS]

Miru and Momo relieved as their guests expressed no great distress over the disturbance, and the Pichu giggled at Probopass's grand enthusiasm for such good food and drink, raising his glass reassuringly. As Chip realized there was no more risk of danger at the moment (though his dad still remained somewhat rightfully wary for his son's safety), the Duskull relaxed and joined the group at the table, deciding he desired something to quench his thirst as well. Miru nodded as she went to fetch her own specialty, soon returning with a cool cup of classic Moo Moo Milk to wash the cookies down with, and promising the rest of their meal would arrive shortly.

Meanwhile, Momo glanced at Absol curiously, wondering what the Pancham meant by "foreseeing disasters". Was it like fortunetelling? She excited at the thought, pointing a paw at herself whilst holding another out hopefully for the dark diviner dog to read. She wished to know what her prospects of becoming an idol were, as it was her dream to stand on stage and perform for the crowd's attention someday (successfully setting her apart from her previous enormous pack of siblings).

Over by the other table, Patty finally returned with the requested food orders, placing them before the patrons with a bow of regret for the delay due to her brother's and sister's distracting shenanigans. Waffle as well apologized profusely again, asking if there was anything else he could get for them to reimburse the negative experience. ...Meanwhile, his wife was still half strangle-hugging her children as Liliana approached to ask if the family was all right now. Pan gave a pointedly sarcastic look in response but said nothing as the Drifloon nodded and squeezed him tightly, thanking the other mother for her concern as she dabbed her eyes with a kerchief.

On the other hand, Flapple noticed Brűlée take a tumble and touched down to also check on the doll, whose ego was far more bruised than his body. Emotional wellbeing wounded by such sudden backstabbing behavior, water welled in his eyes again as he rushed over to try and find out what was going on.

"Hi. I. Just. Wanted. To. Be. Friends. But. She. Doesn't. Want. Me. To. Be. Friends. With. You."

He shyly addressed the black Liltwick whilst at the same time boldly accusing his sister of companion-blocking, as the other Mimikyu made a (mock) shocked and equally hurt expression, acting appropriately as if she never heard such a thing. Sniffling, she too burst into tears as she tried to make her case and (manipulatively) twist the situation around.

"It. Accident. I. Run. Fast. Frightened." Mimi sobbed, before pointing a condemning shadowy claw back at her clone in exact mirrored motion. "His. Fault. He. Started. It. Said. Snorlax. Scary. Gonna. Eat. Us."

She wailed, utilizing all her innocent appeal to appear afraid and pin the blame for the whole situation on another target. (Said Snorlax was now currently munching contentedly on his pie, perfectly placated and hardly seeming a threat at this point.) Blueberry was quick to coddle and console her crying child, casting a stern glare at the doppelganger for unduly terrifying her tot. Pan however lifted a skeptical wax brow as he didn't quite believe the sincerity of her words, all too familiar with putting on a pure angelic façade to fool their parents. At the other puppet's pleading request for friendship, Pan smiled awkwardly.

"Sure. Sorry about my sis, she can be kinda clingy sometimes." He guiltily rubbed the back of his neck. "And uh, sorry about running away earlier. To be honest, I thought you'd be mad at me... You know, for losing the battle before..."
Old 10-22-2021, 07:51 PM   #63
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

With things settling back down to normal, Chip asked for some Moomoo Milk, and Miru was happy to oblige. Chip nodded in thanks, watching as the Fairy-type went in back to go get the beverage in question. Keith looked on at his Duskull with mild interest during this time, though said nothing. Once Miru returned with the Moomoo Milk, Chip accepted it gratefully. "Thanks very much," he said, before taking a sip. "Ahh. Is very good," he said happily. "Um, by way," he added to the Milcery, sounding the tiniest bit shy at this point, "I no think I get you name?" The Milcery's statement that the rest of the meals would be out shortly was met with appreciative nods and thanks.

Absol gave a kind smile as Momo excitedly requested the Dark-type to tell her something of her future. "I am afraid I am no fortune teller," she said softly. "We Absol have the power to foresee disasters before they happen- it's quite specific like that. However," she added, her smile widening. "I nevertheless get the feeling you have a lot of potential, and for what it's worth, I do not foresee any disasters in your future at this time, so I would say you have reason to be optimistic," she nodded.

Liliana nodded wordlessly, happy that all went well. However, then the other Mimikyu came up, looking for friendship, with Mimi going into a sob story about Brűlée pushing her down and concocting a tale of the Snorlax looking to eat them in order to scare, which the Drifloon ate up like the visiting Ghost-type family ate cookies. Liliana, however, noticed a certain winged wyrm hovering uncertainly a little ways away, clearly listening to the conversation and looking a bit conflicted. "Flapple?" called Liliana. "Did you want to say something?"

Flapple was a bit startled that Liliana had noticed him, but he flew over all the same. "OK, look, I don't know that it's any of my business," he began to Blueberry. "But I was over at that table when this guy was talking about the Snorlax eating them if he was hungry and not fed, and, like... he sounded seriously scared himself," he shrugged. "I don't think he was trying to scare anyone needlessly, it came off to me like a legitimate warning, y'know? And not just to me, either. Even Absol was a little on edge about this, and if you know the first thing about her kind..." He trailed off there, pretty certain he'd gotten his point across well enough.

"Yeah, I noticed that much from how Keith practically sprang into action," nodded Peeves, the Dusknoir having deemed it safe to no longer keep a wary eye on Pie. "Dude doesn't scare easy, but if he thinks someone's in danger, you can bet he acts on it." Liliana nodded in agreement. "Everything's, uh, OK over here, now, though?" he added.

"Yes," confirmed Liliana.

"Good, good," nodded Peeves. "We're glad this all turned out all right."
Old 01-30-2022, 01:33 PM   #64
Lil'twick
Insanity

Brulee just glared at the other Mimikyu. He didn't believe this was an accident, but that was something he dared not start a fight over. A strange... clicking noise came from him as he rearranged himself, before standing back up. He was confused on why Pan would be afraid he'd be mad. Mad? That was... odd.

"I'm. Confused. Why. Would. I. Be. Mad. It. Not. Your. Fault. We. Lost. Everyone. Tried. Their. Best!" Brulee responded, choosing to ignore the other Mimikyu at this point.

"And. One. Day. We. Can. Try. Again. Try. Out. Best. To. Win!" the Mimikyu continued on.

Meanwhile, Custard let out an audible sigh. It seemed this crisis had been averted. But, well, he felt something was wrong... He looked at his trainer who more than seemed to be... distant. The Togetic flew over and poked his trainer, who looked at him with a little bit of surprise.

"Oh, Custard. Sorry, just was a little engrossed in the food," he responded to the topic with a reassuring smile. Yet, the look in his eyes was a whole different story.

"We'll be leaving once we're done with our food," The Togetic piped up, concern in his voice. "Brulee, let's eat okay! This was fun everyone~"[/i]

The Mimikyu then looked at Pan and gave a nod.

"Good. Bye. For. Now. Friend!"

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 03-18-2022, 12:21 PM   #65
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

As Chip cheerfully accepted the glass of milk, the grateful Duskull drank down a big gulp to wash down the biscuits with, leaving behind a large white moustache that caused the girls to giggle. Oblivious to his newly acquired facial feature, he curiously inquired as to his server's name, who smiled and curtsied politely in response.

"My name is 'Miruku', but you may call me 'Miru'."

Her Pichu partner then piped up with an eager grin.

"She also goes by another name when she transforms into-"

Miru stopped the mouse with a swift slap over her mouth, laughing nervously.

"Ahaha, pay no mind to her, she's been watching too many superhero shows lately~"

Momo made a muffled noise behind the blocking blob, crossing her paws madly (whilst simultaneously savoring the sweetness dripping down her fur). As Absol answered her question regarding the future though, her face fell a little in disappointment that the dog couldn't predict her path clearly, but nevertheless foresaw no imminent disaster at least. She brightened at the encouragement, all the more determined to make her dream come true.

Meanwhile, Mimi was making quite a scene with her accusational outcry, although her mother appeared to be the only one falling for it as Flapple quietly took Liliana and Peeves aside and told the other side of the story. The couple seemed somewhat concerned about the other ghost parent's gullibility towards her kid's discredited claims, but made no public comment as all seemed peaceful now at least. Blueberry quickly soothed her daughter, hushing the little one with hugs and kisses before ushering back into the kitchen for some comforting ice cream (though the doll glanced back to cast one last dirty look at her doppelganger before disappearing).

Pan looked relieved as both his little sister left and Brűlée reassured he had no reason to be angry (at the Liltwick, at least). As his other sibling came out to finally serve the second table's food though, Custard called the Mimikyu to come eat, so Brűlée bid goodbye to his new friend for now. Pan seemed a bit saddened at the meeting being briskly cut short, but nodded in understanding.

"Hope you enjoy the meal!"

He said sincerely, not just as customary to a customer.

As Patty finished distributing the plates before each patron, she noticed the human himself seemed pensive, and alerted her father - who was still watching worriedly nearby to ensure everything went well (and no further complaints were filed). Waffle immediately swooped in and asked the trainer if things were all right via static, wringing his mitts as he anxiously awaited an answer.
Old 03-21-2022, 06:07 PM   #66
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Chip wasted no time in drinking a nice, refreshing gulp of the Moomoo Milk, truly the beverage of choice to go with cookies. Indeed he did not realize he'd ended up with a milk mustache, and instead listened as Miru introduced herself. Then, the Pichu spoke up, saying something about her going by a different name, but before the Electric-type could elaborate, Miru slapped a blobby appendage over her mouth, smoothing it all over by claiming that the Pichu had been watching too many superhero shows lately. "Heh. Well, I no can blame her," replied Chip. "There some good ones on TV. I even hear a lot about actual superhero, Captain Stomach, and all the good things he do. Is always nice to know there real heroes out there, keeping everybody safe. But, um, I no want forget my manners- is very nice meet you, Miru," Chip continued, before taking another sip of his Moomoo Milk. "You also enjoy superhero shows?" he asked the Milcery.

Meanwhile, with things having settled down, the Drifloon and Mimikyu having retreated to the kitchen, the Litwick having gone back to work, and the other Mimikyu having returned to his table to eat with his teammates, this left Peeves, Liliana, and Flapple by themselves. "Well, I think that went about as well as it could have," Liliana stated.

"...I kinda wanted to actually say what I said, to them, y'know?" responded Flapple. "Like... I feel like I could've tried and really averted the misunderstanding there."

"Perhaps," conceded the female Dusknoir. "Though I'm not completely sure how successful you would have been, Flapple, no offense intended," she added gently.

"Nah, none taken," Flapple shook his head. "I get it, yeah- things are calmed down for now, I guess there's no reason to rock the boat for the moment, especially since it just stopped rocking a moment ago."

"Couldn't have put it better myself," Peeves nodded. "Though I do get what you're saying," he added fairly. "Kinda feel sorry for that other Mimikyu, he was clearly actually terrified of what that Snorlax could've done. Proud of my boy for handling things like he did, though," he added, glancing over in Chip's direction, his one and only eyebrow rising as he noticed that Chip was speaking with Miru. He gently elbowed Liliana and discreetly pointed this out, and the pair of Dusknoir exchanged looks, silently coming to similar conclusions, and wondering, based on said conclusions, if they already had a good idea as to how this would play out.

Flapple, meanwhile, winged his way back over to Keith and Willa's table and resumed eating his Rainbow Oricorio Popcorn, noticing almost immediately something was amiss. The Apple Wing Pokémon cast an exasperated glance at Dodrio. "Really?" he groaned. "I thought you were fine with just the sandwiches."

"So I wanted a little taste, is that too much to ask?" Dodrio's three heads cawed back in just about perfect unison.

Flapple raised an eyebrow. "...one taste per head?" he asked flatly.

"What's your point?" Dodrio retorted, before continuing to stuff her beaks full of Dugtrio Sandwich Trio. Flapple rolled his eyes, but said no more as he went back to his food- the last thing he wanted was to start even more drama in this place. Why ruin perfectly good food over such a petty squabble?
Old 03-23-2022, 05:19 PM   #67
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat
Thunder Badge

The Pokemon Society of Evil ventures forth!

It was not a pleasant evening. Wind and rain lashed the beach, and huge dark waves crashed against the cliffs with such ferocity one could be convinced they were attempting to cleave straight through. The sound of the fearsome waves was outdone only by the booming of the thunder that split the night, like the roaring of some great beast. But of course, the worst part of this particular evening was the host of creatures standing upon the very edge of the cliff. Sheltered from the rain by dark energies, the gathering of shadows looked out over the stormy sea with eyes that flashed brighter than the lightning around them.

"I was promised glory and conquest, worm. Explain yourself quickly, or be destroyed." The voice was quiet compared to the rage of the storm, but the threat behind it was deadlier than any tsunami. Its owner split from the rest of the group, stepping out into the rain and turning to face the others. Its target, unmoved by his companion's vitriol, simply cocked his head.

"An understandable question, Saatus, but foolish nonetheless." He chided. "To take power, we must first eliminate any... competition. This would be the location of our first target."

"Hmm. I suppose that is a reasonable enough purpose... I do believe you've mentioned it before, now I think about it. So this would be the lair of that... ?"

"Lilith." Wurmple answered, and Saatus nodded as though he had known all along. Ignoring him, Wurmple continued, "The Demon Queen, she calls herself... I believe, anyway. I must say, gathering information on this one was quite the undertaking, and accurate data was thin on the ground... " he mused, stepping forward alongside Saatus and peering down at the cliffs below. "Still, I should be able to guide us down to the entrance with my telekinesis. I won't be able to hold myself, however. " He glanced over at another of the group, who saluted back.

"I' d be ha pp yt o." Joltik replied. "Th ere's quite en o u gh m eta l in th esec liffst o holdu s.Ju s ttell m e wh e reto g o."

Wurmple nodded silently in response. "I assume we're all ready? Then off we are." He hopped on Joltik's back, carefully avoiding injuring himself on her metallic armor. He raised his head to the sky, releasing the psychic shield that protected them from the rain and instead casting his energies around to Saatus and Paras, lifting them with a flash of bluish light and floating them over the edge of the cliff despite their various protests. A crackle of electricity and magnetic power meant he and Joltik were off as well and following closely behind, with Honedge silently bringing up the rear as usual. After a small period of floating, Joltik's field became too strong and Honedge clanked onto her back next to Wurmple, albeit unwillingly.

At length, the group reached the entrance to the tunnel, and settled back to the ground. Wurmple strode confidently off Joltik's back and up to the entrance, sending his psychic power as far into it as he could to check for signs of life.

"Hardly a dignified manner for one such as I to travel..." Saatus grumbled, brushing himself off despite being perfectly clean. He cleared his throat importantly and strutted up next to Wurmple, clacking his claws as he looked down the tunnel. "Hah! THIS is where the so-called Demon Queen lives? It's barely a hole in the ground! Tsk tsk, really. No good villain would dare make their lair in such a sodden, foul place."

Wurmple side-eyed the overconfident Krabby. "You judge too soon, dear Tyrant. We have yet to uncover the full breadth of this cave, I imagine... Prepare yourselves for battle, companions. We'll need all the help we can get to defeat our opponent in her own domain." He turned and stared into Paras's blank, cold eyes. "That would mean you, my bloodthirsty friend. I won't have you charging in claws-first, and with our Trainer unaware of our current position I see it only fitting to do the job myself - Use Swords Dance!" The order was accompanied by another flash of blue light, as Wurmple used his psychic abilities to assist in 'convincing' his fellow bug. Paras flinched from the mental push, spluttering curses under its breath even as it carried out Wurmple's order. Satisfied, Wurmple turned back to the dark tunnel. He took a deep breath, Calming his Mind, then with a final "Follow me." he took off into the blackness with the others plunging in after him.

Cy, Bug Trainer

FB Profile
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 01:52 PM   #68
Lil'twick
Insanity

To fill the gap between the seams

Soon, their food was done, and proper payment was made. Leo recalled his team and thanked the staff of the cafe once more. A few ideas were swirling through his head, even so, he had zoned out during it. Things felt... off for sure. Like he wasn't entirely here. Was he here? Did he exist? Was this just the frayed seams of his dying mind coming together? He shook his head, knowing that it was most likely some kind of reaction going on in his head.

On his way out, he looked at a rather eccentric trainer pass by him. Surely, they would be able to keep things lively there. There was already a lot going on then and there, in that place. At that time. That time was already long past. Way before things had changed forever.

"Custard... when are we?" he questioned, looking at his Togetic as they stood on the shore.

The Togetic cocked his head, confused at what his trainer was talking about. It was June, the year was 2020. Why did he speak as if he was from the future? That was certainly... weird. Something was happening to his trainer, but he couldn't exactly understand what.

"Rosemary... Hatterene... Dialga..." the trainer muttered, seeing visions of days yet to come. "When am I? Who am I?"

The trainer then straightened his back, eyes going from dull to vibrant. There was certainly something wrong going on with Leo, but the Togetic had no clue what. Much less what he meant by those words. The Hatterene that had ravaged his gym... that incident was only a month prior. What did he mean by Dialga, the temporal best of time? Or the herb rosemary. Yet, the way he spoke it referred to a name, not the plant.

The duo then boarded the ferry that had arrived and braced themselves for the journey back to their home.

---

Two years had come and passed since their visit to the cafe. Indeed, Brulee and Pan had battled the Haterrene now known as Rosemary once more, and come out victorious. Leo's team continued to grow and change, even if his Snorlax was now gone. In his place, Waffle had achieved to the power of Mega Evolution, the Audino truly joining the ranks of the fairy Pokemon amongst him. Custard had reached ascension, learning the power of the Einherjar.

Yet, Leo had begun to act strangely once again. The Togetic knew that. These little incidents had occurred more and more. Especially when that unannounced visitor had come earlier in the year. He was also worried about his trainer's reversion to his days from Team Skull. The aggression, anxiety, and lies grew. Something was definitely wrong. He knew his trainer didn't deal with rejection well, but this was something entirely different.

"Forever watching over him... Hmm," the Togetic mused, flapping his tired wings above his sleeping trainer.

"Ethan rejecting him definitely took a toll. Especially... with that collar coming back. I know that collar. Taiga gave it to him, all those years ago. So why would he wear it again? Knowing what that man did to him... unforgivable. It was my love for him that saved him that day. The catalyst that gave me my wings," the Pokemon continued to speak gravely. The mischievous Togetic was nowhere to be seen.

"Yet, Ethan too has been strange ever since his return from Unova. The tension here is too high... Sooner than later, things will change for the worse. Rosemary has been gone for months now. The gyms have been quiet ever since the advent of Nibiru. You have barely left this place for almost seven months now. This isn't like you Leo!" the Pokemon shouted, his words falling on deaf ears.

The Pokemon then took in a deep breath, ready to finish the rest of his thoughts.

"Even after everything has been said and done, I'll remain for you, Leo. I'm your friend to the bitter end. I was born to your lonely love, and have protected you every day since," the Togetic soon began to sob. "So please, let me have the wings I need to let you soar Chrys."

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 05-06-2022, 03:00 PM   #69
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Froslass Welcome to my womb

As Chip continued to fill his own stomach with cookies and milk, he spoke admiringly of the renowned real-life hero known as "Captain Stomach", to which Miru nodded excitedly.

"Oh yes, I've heard of him! He's an upstanding role model, I've even studied some of his techniques in order to improve my- er, nevermind..."

When the Duskull inquired as to what kinds of "superhero shows" she watched, Miru was all too eager to switch the topic.

"Well, I'm not sure if you would classify them as the 'superhero' genre exactly, but I enjoy classic Kantonian cartoons like PokéCure, Cardcatcher Cherrim, and Sailor Munna. Oh, and Indigo Mew Mew of course. My personal favorite is Phantump Thief Jangmo-o, although that one's a bit more obscure."

"I prefer Unovan series such as Crobatman myself," the Pichu piped up beside her, "Although I do like Puella Mega Diancie Magica."

Miru cast her partner a somewhat judgmental look for the latter statement as she sighed and shook her head, before carrying on the conversation.

"What about you? You have any favorite TV programs?"

Meanwhile, as Leo's party finished their meal in peace and paid before politely taking their leave, Pan watched with slight worry as his new friend's trainer seemed to be rather out of it. Still, he promised to meet up with Brűlée again later, and right now he had a job to focus on (which to be fair he'd been shirking up to now). He and Patty quickly set to work clearing the plates, while Waffle breathed a sigh of relief that no further incident followed, and turned his attention to the remaining table to check if everything was going smoothly. Apologizing again for the commotion earlier, he asked how the food was, and if he could perhaps interest them in any dessert?

As he started to spell out the sweet specialties though, he felt his static spark suddenly, sensing a surprisingly extreme amount of electricity in the air. Thunder began to rumble outside, and the sound of waves crashing against the rockface echoed throughout the cave. Strange, the forecast hadn't mentioned anything about a storm, and he hoped their departed guests would be able to make it home safely despite the inclement weather...

Just then, another loud boom resounded, announcing the presence of a group of shadowy figures at the entrance. Everyone stopped and stared at the grand appearance of... a bunch of bugs, a crab, and a floating sword behind them - all soaked to the bone but seemingly primed for battle for some reason, radiating murderous intent and malevolence as they gazed suspiciously around the room - as if seeking something or someone. Confused but ever happily ready to receive new customers, the Rotom-H cautiously approached the company with a warm smile and professional bow.

"Welcome, how may I help you? Table for..." he counted carefully, "Five? You must have had a hard time getting here, perhaps I could get you some towels as well?"

-

Back in the kitchen, Blue was fussing over Mimi, checking to make sure her precious child was okay (while scolding lightly at least for breaking the rules by playing outside in the dining room in the first place). Nearby, Kimball the Vanillite was diligently cleaning the utensils, a bit disappointed she had nothing to do so far other than dish duty and doling out "comfort food" to her boss's crybaby. Out of sheer boredom, she decided to check on the frozen food stock for the umpteenth time - as well as a certain... "guest" who of all things had (rudely) taken up residence within the walk-in freezer, claiming it as her "evil lair" since it contained "the most appropriate climature for plotting world domination".

Entering the cold storage, Kim was greeted by the sight of a Froslass who called herself "Lilith", lounging about a fancy divan intricately carved from ice like she owned the place - effectively creating a wintry palace for herself. She appeared preoccupied, peering into a swirling snowglobe that showed the images of the newly arrived unit, smirking to herself after having already witnessed their struggle through the rainstorm just to reach their destination. Perhaps then, she would deign to grace such determination with her presence after all - however puny their efforts may be.

"Hm, it seems we've some unwanted visitors..." she mused with a haunting cackle. "Shall we teach these insignificant insects a lesson then?"

Kim rolled her eyes slightly, choosing to ignore the giggling ghost as she passed by.

"Right... You mind moving so I can count those cartons behind you?"

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 05-06-2022 at 09:15 PM.
Old 05-09-2022, 02:25 PM   #70
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Miru nodded excitedly at the mention of Captain Stomach, but as she made mention of having been studying some of his techniques, she was quick to Clamperl up. "Oh, if you studying how he fight for inspiration for battling, there no shame in that," Chip responded. "I recently learn Absorb, so I trying to make it work like Captain Stomach's Marvelous Mustache of Might- you know, holding enemy in place while draining them. Maybe I need learn Giga Drain someday for better results, but I think it good start," he shrugged.

The conversation turned to that of superhero shows, a change in subject Miru was all too keen to latch onto. She tended to go for some of the more classic Kantonian cartoons, Sailor Munna, things of that nature. The Pichu piped up, stating she tended to prefer more Unovan series like Crobatman, and after Miru visibly judged her friend for some of what she said, she asked Chip if he had any favorite TV programs. "I not really watch much of those Kantonian cartoons," Chip began. "But I seen little bits of them while flipping through channels, and I interested by what I see. I not rule out sitting down and properly watching them someday. Superhero shows I usually watch are more of Unovan shows, like Crobatman and Ariadosman. Though, I, uh, also like watching cooking shows," the Duskull admitted.

Meanwhile, the Heat Rotom floated over to Keith and Willa's table, apologizing once more for the earlier commotion, asking how the food was, and suggesting the notion of dessert.

"No apologies needed," Keith shook his head with a smile. "Everything ended well, nobody was hurt, and the food thus far has been absolutely delicious."

"Indeed," Willa nodded in agreement. "I for one would like to see the dessert options." At this, Keith and Willa's various Pokémon, by now either done or almost done with their meals, called out in a cacophony of agreement.

"...It seems unanimous, den," Meowth chuckled.

"So it seems," Keith chuckled back. "Sure, then, let's have a look at the desser- what the?" he murmured, for the weather seemed to be getting audibly worse outside. "Weird. I didn't think we were getting a storm today," he frowned. "Yet it sounds like Kyogre itself cracked open the skies out there." And as he said this, another boom sounded, the thunder heralding the arrival of a vaguely ominous group pf Pokémon. An oddly grey Joltik, a Krabby, a Honedge, a Paras, and a Wurmple, and as Keith's eyes fell on the latter two Pokémon, said eyes widened in recognition. "...are those Cy's Pokémon?" Keith murmured.

"The Paras and Wurmple, definitely," Willa murmured. "Paras especially, those eyes are... certainly distinctive," she added, choosing her words carefully.

"Indeed," Keith agreed. He remembered when Meowth translated for Amanita and Amanitin when the Parasect relayed to him the story behind said Paras, and from what it sounded like, that poor zombie mushroom bug corpse puppeteer had certainly had it rough. That was a weird sentence.

"If dat's dem, den where's Cy? Meowth wondered out loud. "It don't look like dey gots deir Trainer wit dem."

"Hm, true," Keith nodded. "I hope everything's all right," he added.
Old 01-02-2023, 02:53 PM   #71
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat
Thunder Badge

Wurmple sucked in a hissing breath as he spotted Keith. Of all the Arceus-cursed luck! I can't have my identity revealed! It's too late to hide... I need a way to remedy this. Surely one so experienced as Keith wouldn't have memories erased so easily, but it could be worth trying... He backed up, letting his compatriots shield him from view as he tried to brainstorm. Joltik, cover me. Speak to the Rotom, let it know why we're here but don't cause chaos. Wurmple's eyes flicked over the whole room, surveying the options. Honedge- If things go wrong, don't hesitate to send it all crashing down with Rock Slide. The Trainers here are strong enough to survive, and Joltik and I can shield us. Honedge didn't react, but Wurmple knew it would obey him.

Meanwhile, Joltik had scuttled forward to take control of the situation. She shot a quick Disable towards Saatus to stop him from making a scene, then bowed to the Rotom (as best a Bug could bow, anyway). "T han kyoufo r th e offer,bu twe arewel l prep ared anddo no t requir e f ood. Asfo r th e rai n, weare mo r ethanca pable o f dealin gwithit ou r selve s. We r equest a s e p a r a t e roo mtospe ak w ith a r esid ent ofthisp l ace - Lilith." Her speech was odd and stilting, crackling with electricity and laced with metallic scraping sounds. She glanced over her shoulder(s), and Wurmple nodded. His eyes flashing, he lifted the very raindrops off his companions with his Telekinesis and flung them out the entrance as a ball of water, leaving the group perfectly dry. He locked eyes with Joltik briefly, and she shook herself. Returning her gaze to the Rotom, she stared him down in a manner that left no uncertainty. "Pe rha ps I shouldbem ore cle ar: Byr equest, I m ean y ou will all ow us a s e p a r a t e au die ncew ith Lilith. O rels e." At this, Saatus sauntered up next to her and grinned cruelly at the Rotom.
"I'd do what the lady asks, stranger. It'd be terrible if we had to interrupt this lovely meal." He said conspiratorially, snipping his claws. Joltik transferred her imperious glare to him, and he huffily stepped back again.

I can't enter his mind yet. He'd know. I have to be patient... Could I bribe him? With what? ...I dare not try blackmail. Lilith is a threat to be eliminated, but Keith is a downright force of nature. We wouldn't stand a chance. Maybe if I... no. Wait, perhaps... Gah! I can't focus on this and the upcoming fight at the same time. I can wait to stop Keith. Right now, I need to zero in on that presence in the back. The chill of it... She's blocking my telepathy without even trying. It's like a blizzard in her mind. But I know one thing - she's ready, and we need to be too.

Cy, Bug Trainer

FB Profile
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases