UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Fanart & Fanfiction

Old 08-25-2016, 06:14 PM   #51
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Oh look part 3! Only 1 or two more parts to go!

Spoiler: show
As night fell, Beruka got ready inside of her tent. She wanted to make sure that she was ready for anything that Serenity might throw at her if she did get hostile towards her. She put on a set of light leather armor, dyed black, so that she could favor mobility over protection. A few daggers were stored in various places. She made sure that her entire body was covered with something, in case Serenity did use some kind of poison. While she was basically immune to most common poisons, she didn't know where Serenity came from, and she might have had some kind of special poison Beruka had never seen. Beruka doubted it, but it was idiotic to not be prepared for such a circumstance.

She had just finished getting prepared when she felt that someone was outside of her tent. She opened the tent flap and saw a smiling Serenity standing outside, with a small basket in her arms. She backed up as Beruka walked out, looking at her and she laughed a little bit.

"Oh? You're quite prepared for this little trip~. I apologize for seeming like I was intruding, but I expected you aren't the kind of person who would go and visit somebody else. So I figured I would come and make sure you were ready." Serenity's gentle smile made Beruka think that she was being genuine. Beruka wondered if Serenity saw through the preparations and knew about Beruka's worries, but she didn't think she did.

"I apologize, but I don't understand the appeal of flower picking. So I'm probably not going to be the most enjoyable of companions on this trip." Serenity cocked her head, slightly confused at Beruka's comment, before smiling again.

"Don't worry about it, Beruka. It would be nice to get able to enjoy just spending some time with someone. Maybe you'll find a flower you find pretty and you'll pick it yourself." Serenity started to walk ahead, and Beruka followed her, wondering about flowers. Did she ever find a flower beautiful herself? She didn't think so. But she didn't think it would be a big deal if she came back with no flowers in tow.

Beruka followed Serenity through a small forest, watching as she deftly moved around the trees and roots without once getting tripped up. It was something almost unnatural to watch, a slim girl who didn't seem to be anything special being able to move through the forest as if it was a simple obstacle. Even Beruka occasionally found her foot stuck or stumbled on something she didn't see, and it made it a little difficult to keep up with Serenity on longer stretches. Regardless, Serenity seemed to make sure that Beruka was always following her. A turned head, a coy smile, and a spring forwards.

Finally, they ended up at the top of a tall hill, looking over both Corrin's camp and the Nohrian encampment. Beruka looked at the encampment, noting that it must have been the same one that Serenity found. It was pretty far away, so she wondered if it was truly the same spot where Serenity was picking flowers before. She was paying attention to the Nohrian troops down below, trying to see if she could maybe pick out who the commander was, when she saw Serenity come up to her. In her basket were several light blue flowers, and Beruka noticed that she had gloves on her hands again.

"Hey, Beruka, do you want one of my flowers? These are really pretty blue flowers. I really like blue, you know. It's not a color I got to see a lot of as I was growing up, so I make sure to treasure it when I find it." Beruka looked in the basket, and saw several light blue flowers inside of it. She was worried that the flowers were poisoned and hesitated to take one. The flowers remained as vibrant as usual, however, and Beruka slowly grabbed one, holding it in her hands.

It was a pretty small flower, unlike the flowers that Serenity had been picking before, and it looked like it may have just been some sort of wildflower. The flower remained vibrant and blue in her hands, not suddenly decaying like the last flower she saw. It made her feel a little safer than before. Serenity didn't seem to be trying to kill her.

"You're not one for words, huh? It's fine, I understand a lot of people aren't friendly with me. I try to laugh past it, but it still hurts a little bit." Serenity got a little wistful as she walked back to the place where the flowers were blooming. This time, Beruka followed her without saying anything, and crouched down as she watched Serenity slowly pick some more of the flowers. She worked delicately and precisely, not damaging the flowers while making sure to take as little stem as possible. It was interesting to watch for Beruka, before most people didn't take the care into such an activity as Serenity did.

Serenity looked at her companion, before sighing. "Flowers were also very rare when I grew up. I had a small collection of them. It was kind of trivial and silly to keep such a thing, but I did. When I got to travel...I collected all different kinds of flowers. But that didn't last long..." Serenity stopped talking, looking at one of the flowers in her hand. She looked like she was about to burst into tears, memories that should have never been thought about again coming up and making themselves known.

"Serenity...I don't know anything about you or the life you used to lead. That worries me. It worries me because it worries Lady Camilla a lot. A lot about you is something I can't figure out." Beruka paused before she was going to ask her next question. She had wondered about this before, but she had a good idea that she was correct.

"Serenity, I myself as many will now am not just a Wyvern Rider. I'm an assassin. I'm not just any assassin either. I've had to kill many assassins in my life. So I've learned when to pick up the signs of one. Serenity, as you an assassin?" Beruka asked, trying to be as blunt as possible in order to shock Serenity. Serenity's face grew cold as she looked at Beruka. She was likely going to be found out, eventually, but without the ability to explain-

"You're quite right Beruka, she is an assassin. It's good to see your instincts are still strong, even if you are one of Camilla's bitches." Both of them turned around to see Hans lumbering up to them, a massive axe in hand. Beruka immediately pulled out one of her daggers, but knew that a one on one fight with Hans in this case would be deadly to her. He laughed as he saw Beruka's attempt to defend herself.

"Don't even bother. No matter how good you are, I'm going to be able to split you in two. Might as well anyways; killing a traitor is going to look good when I return back to Iago and King Garon." Beruka backed away as Hans approached her, trying to find a path in which to get away. He wasn't going to strike until she tried to make a move, however.

Serenity made a slight movement, and Beruka saw a bright flash of metal fly from her and strike Hans dead center in the eye. He yelled out in pain as he fished the metal dirk out of his face, it pulling out his eye as he took it out. He threw it away, roaring in rage. He charged towards Serenity, and before she could pull out another dirk and throw it at him, he had grabbed her by her neck and was choking her with one of his hands.

"You fucking bitch! Iago will make you pay for that. You're going to be forced to remember what your job was, Iago will remind you very painfully, and you'll be his little pet as-" Hans filth was cut off by a sudden gurgling noise as blood began to stream out of her mouth. Serenity seized on this opportunity and kicked him in the face, forcing Hans to drop to her on the ground as he covered his mouth with his hands. His skin was turning a blue color as he continued to choke on his own blood, before he suddenly fell over onto the ground, dead as stone. It had happened so quickly that Beruka couldn't react right away, unaware of what exactly happened, before she turned towards Serenity.

"That dirk was poisoned, wasn't it?" Serenity looked at Beruka with her dagger still drawn, and shed a single tear, before removing her gloves and picking up another dirk. A very faint purple sheen covered the dirk where her hands were, and she aimed at Beruka. She laughed dryly before launching the dirk at Beruka, who was able to deflect it, if only barely.

"I'm sorry, Beruka. I was hoping we could become friends, or something. A shared kinship between assassins, if you will. You were right. I am an Assassin. I was hired to kill Corrin. Are you going to stand against me?" Serenity grabbed another dirk, this time in both hands as she prepared to fight against Beruka.

"Your mission to kill Corrin. I serve Lady Camilla, who wants to protect him. Such a question is obvious!" Beruka charged at Serenity, swinging her dagger at her as Serenity easily parried the strike and attacked with her other hand. Beruka dodges the attack, already beginning to sweat as Serenity moved with almost inhuman speed. This wasn't the speed of an assassin who looked as young as she did. This was someone who had lived a long time and trained for a long time.

Beruka was quickly pushed back under Serenity's assault. While not strong, every attack was meant to be a killing blow; if even one of these attacks connected, Beruka knew she would die. But she was struggling to stay in the game against Serenity. There was no way to escape, and fighting back was not a real possibility. There were so few openings in Serenity's attacks that Beruka could hope to exploit.

It was a lopsided match. Beruka, for all her skills and training, was unable to mount an offensive against Serenity. She could only hope that she might be able to find an escape route, but she was quickly being worn out. Keeping up to Serenity's speed was immensely taxing on her, and her armor was becoming soaked in sweat as she found herself beginning to flag. Serenity on the other hand, had a face that was like a skull: completely unmoving and unfeeling, and not a drop of sweat existed on her body. Beruka parried an attack poorly, and Serenity took advantage of this, attacking her hand and knocking the dagger away from Beruka. Her gloves were cut, and the dirk just brazed against her hand, although neither of them noticed as Serenity swung her leg and tripped Beruka up, making her fall against the ground.

Serenity fell on top of her, smiling. "I'm sorry Beruka, but even as I am now, there was simply no way you could have defeated me. I simply am much more experienced than you. Don't feel that you've failed Camilla, you fought valiantly to the end. Like a true assassin would." A masked formed in her hand and she put it on, the mask covering her face but stopped at the point where her lips were. Like this, she was no longer the girl known as Serenity.

"But for you, your enemy was one of the Hassan-i-Sabbah, one of the Old Men of the Mountain. The assassins that defined all assassins. I, Hassan of Serenity, will end your life. Zabiniya..." Serenity swooped in, planting her lips onto Beruka's as she gave Beruka a long, passionate kiss, as if Beruka was her lover and she was going to see her for the last time. This was always how she killed her targets, when she could decide. With a lover's kiss, they would die happily.

Beruka punched Serenity in the gut, causing her to fall off. Serenity looked at her in shock, seeing Beruka's blushing face. She looked flustered and shocked, although not more than Serenity was.

"What? You should be dead. No one can touch the Poison Girl and live. How did you survive?" Serenity spoke coldly as Beruka stared at her, blushing more before falling over. Serenity walked over to her and looked down.

"You...kissed me?" Beruka asked. Serenity didn't understand how this was happening. Beruka surviving was impossible. Impossible. Impossible. Impossiblenooneevertouchedmeandlived.

Beruka stabbed Serenity with one of her dirks, causing her to look down at the wound. It was a sloppy strike and wouldn't kill her, but the feeling of pain in her abdomen was something she was not used to and she fell down onto the ground, wheezing in pain as she put pressure on the wound. She couldn't pull out the dirk, as it would just cause the wound to bleed even more, but she would struggle with blood loss if she couldn't dress her wounds.

The two assassins just simply laid down next to each other. Serenity looked at Beruka, who looked at her. "Why don't you finish me off, Beruka? Kill me, already. I've failed. Even if you don't kill me, you know who I am now. No one will accept me." Beruka looked down at her legs, and tried to get up, before falling back down on her back.

"My legs, um, won't move. It's probably your poison." Beruka said as Serenity looked at her, before laughing a bit.

"The deadly poison of Hassan of Serenity...which would kill entire armies with ease...has only paralyzed Beruka from the legs down. What a joke." The mask fell off of Serenity's head, revealing Serenity with tears coming down her face. Beruka didn't know why Serenity was crying, but Serenity took out the dirk from her wound, causing it to gush anew as more blood poured out.

Serenity was going to die. Once again, she would meet the Hassan of Hassans as she failed her mission and died by his hands. She simply waited for his sword to tear apart her soul and send her back to the Throne of Heroes...but instead of that, she saw a masked face in front of her. With a scarred eye. She felt herself being picked up. She looked over and saw Kaze picking up Beruka. The two of them had somehow been saved.

"Saizo...don't...bother..." Serenity whispered out, before he shook his head.

"We're going to bring the two of you back. There, you can explain yourself." Saizo said coldly. Serenity looked at Beruka before the two of them were being moved into the forest. Her wound still hurt, but now she was only looking at Beruka. Her light blue hair.

'I...can touch her.'
Old 09-06-2016, 05:54 PM   #52
Emi

Instead of continuing to post updates here and on tumblr like a crazy person I've set up an AO3 account and instead am going to be updating it there.

Here's the link if people are interested

Please kudo and comment if you can! :3
Old 09-23-2016, 02:00 PM   #53
Emi

Hey guys I need money and your opinion on writing commissions.

Right now, I can probably doing around 1,500-2,000 words an hour, depending. This means I could be charging about $9-9.50 per 1,500 words, with $11 per 1,500 being the rate for NSFW stuff. Open to anything, but I hold the right to reject a commission if I don't feel confident enough in writing it.

The idea is simple: an hour's pay for an hour's work (with CT minimum wage used because its expensive to live in this gd state). But I'm sure there are others with more experience in this who could weigh in.
Old 04-03-2017, 07:13 PM   #54
Emi

Spoiler: show

This is an old one I never got around to putting up, but inspired by Monmusu's different lamia variants I made a Dragonair Melusine. I actually think this one came out good, and while I can see some flaws they don't bother as much as they might have before.

...its not colored tho

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Fanart & Fanfiction