UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment

Old 01-21-2013, 03:44 AM   #1
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

Pichu Rude Removal

When Dexters Lab got canceled, they decided to make one final FUCK YOU sort of episode. It never got aired.

Until now. It airs Tuesday.

Twitter Link

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:01 AM   #2
Kori Gotcha
Boulder Badge

Oooh. I heard about this on reddit. I'm definitely going to check this out.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:49 PM   #3
Kori Gotcha
Boulder Badge

Anyone want to catch Rude Removal early, Adult Swim put it up on it's youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=TLN_ka1ZSDg
Old 01-22-2013, 09:17 PM   #4
deoxys
Fog Badge

Letdown. Regular Show and Adventure Time are far worse.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:26 PM   #5
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
Letdown. Regular Show and Adventure Time are far worse.
Well what does that say about what Cartoon Network has become?

And wasn't Dexter's Laboratory a kids show? I don't watch Regular Show, but it definitely does not strike me as a show intended for kids. (Adventure Time ... ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, fans debate it, I would say ... personally, I'd say it's a show for kids, but yes, it has a lot of humor or other things that only adults are going to get. Also, I wouldn't say that you see anything at all approaching this level of inappropriateness in Adventure Time. Then again, I stalled halfway thru Season 3, so maybe what you're thinking of comes later ...)

I dunno. I thought it was retarded and frankly boring (a 3-minute joke stretched out into a 7-minute sketch), but I've always hated shows like this so I'm not its target audience. I would think that for long-time fans of Dexter's Laboratory, this episode would be insanely naughty.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:48 PM   #6
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

I've always been a Dexter fan and I was sort of let down. It wasn't as raunchy as advertised.

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:51 PM   #7
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

I'm sure from 2003 perspective, we might have had a very different reaction.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:53 PM   #8
Emp
Volcano Badge

I’ve always been a huge fan of Dexter’s Lab, but this didn’t really shock me in any way. I’m actually confused why it was dubbed as this ‘lost’ episode in the first place. This has been done since in the Powerpuff Girls ("Curses" The girls learn a swear word which is always bleeped, resulting in shock for the people of Townsville) and Spongebob Squarepants ("Sailor Talk" Spongebob and Patrick discover a swear word written on the back of a dumpster outside the Krusty Krab, which is also bleeped throughout the episode). All three of these stories seemed to play out exactly the same, so this didn’t really manage to strike any emotions.

That being said, it was nice seeing a new episode. And not the kind of new episode that Cartoon Network butchered with cheap computer animation and grating voice actors. My all-time favourite episode will always be the one with the Star Trek spoof.

“NRFB! NRFB”

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Last edited by Emp; 01-22-2013 at 10:00 PM.
Emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:29 PM   #9
Lady Kuno

I don't know why you're all disappointed. It's classic Dexter's Lab humor. Did you guys not used to watch it?

I thought it was great.

Old 01-22-2013, 11:34 PM   #10
Loki

I think they're holding it to a higher standard seeing as how it was supposedly "banned," but with how morals and the media have changed, it doesn't feel special.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:26 AM   #11
Kori Gotcha
Boulder Badge

Whats with this "supposed lost episode" and "banned" talk? I don't know about banned but it's considered a lost episode because it was never aired or put up for show anywhere. Until now, only the people behind the show actually knew anything of it and here it is.

For everyone who was let down, you guys were probably expecting this episode of Dexter's Lab to be Ren and Stimpy, but what you got was Dexter's Lab with an extra pinch of overworked sensor bleeps.

The reason why this episode is different from the Powerpuff and Spongebob episodes yous aid is because while those were said in a naive way, the words said in this episode were meant in a direct and intentional way, not to mention that as earlier said, standards have risen, as have the ages of those who originally watched it.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:42 AM   #12
Loki

It was not allowed to be aired, thus banned/lost (until now).
Old 01-23-2013, 05:41 AM   #13
Spikkle
Cascade Badge

Send a message via MSN to Spikkle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kori Gotcha View Post
The reason why this episode is different from the Powerpuff and Spongebob episodes yous aid is because while those were said in a naive way, the words said in this episode were meant in a direct and intentional way, not to mention that as earlier said, standards have risen, as have the ages of those who originally watched it.
This. When the nasty swears aren't being used in an ironic manner, they're a whole lot less funny. 'Curses' was one of the better PPG episodes (though I have to say, this one was probably my favourite).

Spikkle ------ Hollo ------ Tyke ------ Kooky Monster ------ Blake ------ Rockon

PASBL Squad | Fizzy Bubbles | Winner of deo's Award for Least Intelligent Comment of All Time

Need refs for: vs. Copy (new match)

Bonus:
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyranidos View Post
Pikachu is like me when I play tennis. If I play someone that sucks, I start to suck and lose. But if I play someone good, I play somewhat decently and still lose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowshocker View Post
"One cross referee; one wayward pinch of banned narcotic substance, one RNG... AND KABLOOIE!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Emperor View Post
And the round starts off with both Pokemon pulling out a Monopoly Board and.. it seems to work! Relicanth starts things off by picking the Tophat. Vulpix seems to be upset, as he coveted that piece. Luckily for him he does just that! Vulpix uses Covet and gets to play with the Tophat piece. Relicanth looks quite upset by these turn of events, and decides to use the Car instead!

The round continues with Relicanth landing on Central Avenue! He decides to purchase the property.. it's super effective! Vulpix instead decides to use Imprison! Suddenly Relicanth finds himself in jail! What an exciting twist! The round ends with Relicanth unable to do anything else at the moment.

Spikkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:49 PM   #14
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
This episode was great. I loved the end especially.
KAIRNE I WILL RIP OFF YOUR SCROTUM AND FEED IT TO YOU THROUGH A FUCKING SWIRLY STRAW.

Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:10 AM   #15
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor Jesus View Post
I think they're holding it to a higher standard seeing as how it was supposedly "banned," but with how morals and the media have changed, it doesn't feel special.
The Tiny Toons "lost" episode where Buster became a fat drunkard who committed crimes remains shocking to this day. I'll grant you that people have become desensitized to "extremes" in media (I don't find George Carlin or the ICP's language offensive, while they became famous for dropping bombs on virgin land) but that doesn't reflect on this episode. As Talon suggested, it was a single gag stretched to fit seven minutes.

If anything, I found viewing this middling. On the one hand, it was great to see a real Dexter episode with the original cast, directors and artists and not have it feel fake like the successor series. But it was depressing to see how futile Mom couldn't control the rowdy Dexter/Dede facsimiles. It gave off the impression of empty threats without a legitimate punishment to back them up.

I think I'll kill myself now.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:29 AM   #16
Lady Kuno

I dunno. Surprised so many people here didn't like the episode. It's still an amazing episode and reminded me on how different cartoons are then and now. God I miss being a kid, no kids today will understand that era.

Old 01-24-2013, 08:16 AM   #17
CyberBlastoise
Team Mother?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Emperor View Post
I dunno. Surprised so many people here didn't like the episode. It's still an amazing episode and reminded me on how different cartoons are then and now. God I miss being a kid, no kids today will understand that era.
Ah yes, the same era that introduced Alf and Urkel. I grew up through that era myself and while I miss it, I'd rather kids today have their own era and their own stories on how the kids tomorrow are ruining the world with their [insert whatever here].

I'm not saying I didn't enjoy the show, I did, especially the ending. But like you it reminded me how old I really am...and how my humor matured to something that made Dexter's Lab not as humorous as it used to be to me. =/

Fizzy Bubbles

PASBL
CyberBlastoise is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment