UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games

Old 09-22-2018, 12:51 AM   #1
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Classic mini-consoles!!

Ya know? Those lil systems that look like the originals an got bunches of games packed in! Former console companys like Atari & Sega had been doing these for yeaaaaaars but no one really paid attention until Nintendo jumped in. They're all the rage now an show lil sign of stoppin'. Like just a few days ago the PSOne Classic was announced! An then Sega announced they'd stop using the crappy outsourced company they were using for year and had a reputable japanese one on the job for the upcoming an now delayed Genesis Classic. Heres a rundown of recent/upcoming ones!

NES Classic
SNES Classic
Atari Flashback 8 / Portable
Commodore 64 Mini
Neo Geo Mini
PSOne Classic
Genesis/Mega Drive Classic

Its been almost a year now since I got the SNES one an I'm real satisfied with it! Its all tiny an cute and the default game lineups not half bad. I'm looking closely at the PSOne and new & improved Genesis ones. For the PSOne it all depends on the other 15 currently unannounced games. For Genesis its if Sega really did get their crap together an put out a good one of these finally. Gotta say I can see myself getting hooked on these kinda things. An isn't next year the Gameboys 30th anniversary? HMMMM...
Lindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 08:41 AM   #2
ChampofPokemon
Cascade Badge

I have the snes classic. It pwnz.
ChampofPokemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 07:28 PM   #3
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

With the Sega Genesis / Megadrive Mini announcement Sega decided ta follow Sonys lead in the dripfeed the games list department, except do it right by giving games people want! So far they've named the following 20 games as being in the NA/EU version:

Altered Beast
Castle of Illusion
Castlevania Bloodlines
Comix Zone
Contra: Hard Corps / Probotector
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
Earthworm Jim
Ecco the Dolphin
Gunstar Heroes
Landstalker
Shining Force
Shinobi 3: Return of the Ninja Master
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Space Harrier 2
Streets of Rage 2
Super Fantasy Zone
Thunder Force 3
Toejam & Earl

...an theres 20 more to come! This suckers gonna have twice the amount of games as the SNES and PS Classics! Sadly they've already wasted a few spots with Altered Beast and Mean Bean Machine but the promise for goodness is still there! Unfortunately Sega West decided to go for NOSTALGIA over presenting the games and system at their very best: aka sticking us with the crap 3 button controllers whereas Japan/Asia get 6 button controllers >_<!!

Oh ya, in the time since this thread was posted the PS Classic came out an I recently picked one up for $25... a far cry from the $100 initial asking price. This thing seems to have bombed an rightfully so. The console & controller are high effort, but the game lineup (including the fact that they mixed in PAL versions alongside NA ones), menu, an whatever else is sadly pretty darn sloppy. At least its super easy to load games onto! I've ripped & converted a bunch of my PS1 game discs including Twisted Metal 2 because thats the one they shoulda had on there in the first place, not the original!
Lindz is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games