UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 07-27-2016, 01:01 PM   #4426
DaisyInari
Sarasaland represent!

Send a message via MSN to DaisyInari
Altaria

A lucky crit saves the day

A shedinja and sigilyph combo is pretty good if you don't have hazards ^^; Super glad I won that!

Hi, I'm Daisy!

Spoiler: show
W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
TP-131 SP- 64.5/96.5 (5SP to Deh, 5SP to FW, 5SP to Desert Spirit, 8.5SP to Fallen Icarus, 10SP to Kyro12, 8SP to Charminions, 10 to aposteriori)
SHUCKS I GOTTA FIX THIS SOMETIME
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Credits to Charm for making this!

Come, my birdies!!!! Mwahahahaha!!!!!!

Thanks Pingu for being so nice and making me this~

Credit to TheKnightsFury for the sprite!

Fear my abnormally large signature~

Be Positive Ref~ I <3 you, Lonely Cubone and those who eval'd me~
DaisyInari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 11:55 AM   #4427
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
The REGEND of Mega Lucario

Nothing very spectacular here, just Mega Lucario being...Mega Lucario.

fuck the cancel button
Old 08-04-2016, 09:55 AM   #4428
phoopes
Double Dragon

New usage-based tiers are out.

Shaymin is RU.

lol Power Creep
Old 08-04-2016, 12:06 PM   #4429
dirkac
uhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
New usage-based tiers are out.

Shaymin is RU.

lol Power Creep
Jesus that is incredible
dirkac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 04:55 PM   #4430
rotomotorz
Think ye can take me?

But Shaymin is king!
{======|_|""T""|_|""r""|_|""a""|_|""i""|_|""n""|
/o--000'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'
Squad Summary

rotomotorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 09:38 PM   #4431
DaisyInari
Sarasaland represent!

Altaria

A (not-so) friendly face appears

I muted him after the first comments, but like, is there any way to do something more? I absolutely hate those kind of people :\

Hi, I'm Daisy!

W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
TP-131 SP- 64.5/96.5 (5SP to Deh, 5SP to FW, 5SP to Desert Spirit, 8.5SP to Fallen Icarus, 10SP to Kyro12, 8SP to Charminions, 10 to aposteriori)
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Old 08-06-2016, 11:23 PM   #4432
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

...Dang. Talk about atrocious gamesmanship... They even started just randomly mashing the keyboard at one point, as if it was the reason the game wasn't going well for them!

Kids, please grow up to be nowhere near similar to this Based Gengar person. Nobody will be very pleased with your presence if you do!

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 07:15 AM   #4433
Heather
Naga's Voice

Clearly he could not handle the power of Apollo.

But seriously that's just beyond rude. That guy should face consequences for that behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 07:47 AM   #4434
Mercutio
Banned

What a dickbag.
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 07:47 AM   #4435
dirkac
uhhhhh

Ugh, people like that are why I mute my opponents sometimes.

Flaming/Bashing really should be Reportable and taken seriously because that kind of behavior is just completely unacceptable.
dirkac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 09:33 AM   #4436
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Laddering up an alt. I don't understand how someone could have come so far as the 1400s and still bawquit like this. Turn 2 forfeit, all because of a Turn 1 flinch. Seriously, what is wrong with people? I would expect this sort of behavior from the scrubs who occupy the 1000s, not from somebody who has won as many battles as it takes to get to 1400. Looking more closely at her ranking, Soffi even has 197 Random Battle wins under her belt!

Hmm ... guess 1400's not what it used to be ... welp, onwards and upwards!
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 10:55 AM   #4437
Aposteriori
Banned

Stuntank did a great job.
Aposteriori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 09:10 AM   #4438
Talon87
時の彼方へ

This one's for all you Shaymin fans. No, not Sky Forme Shaymin: Hedgehog Shaymin. (Random Battle, 15 turns)

Opponent goes from cheekily winning with broken-ass Azelf to ragequitting with his tail between his legs 5-4 (soon to be 5-2) in reaction to my 1337 5H4YM|N PL4YZ.

No, but seriously:
  1. Thank goodness Azelf wasn't able to KO 50% health Shaymin with Psyshock. I thought for sure he could, given what he had done to poor Magmortar.
  2. Thank goodness Seed Flare (85% acc) never missed.
  3. Thank goodness for outsmarting him with Natural Cure Shaymin vs. parahax Dunsparce. He thought for sure I would switch out. I did too! Until I decided that I'd be better off biting the two turns of Rest sleep, even if it meant giving him free Coil boosts, because I could then fire back with Seed Flare first next turn and finish him off with whatever I switched in next. Clearly he didn't have Coil. Clearly he panicked. Gave me a free turn with the switch-in to Politoed. And then ...
  4. Hooray for him panicking at the very end there? ^^; Yaaaay!.......? ^^;; Very strange that he would decide to Encore when a) Shaymin clearly outspeeds and b) why the fuck wouldn't I want to go for another Seed Flare? It's not like I was about to Rest again, dude. Full health and no status afflictions? Weird. He must've thought that Politoed outspeeds ... which is crazy, seeing as Politoed is widely recognized for being a slow slower Pokémon.
You add all of this up and I go from losing to an Azelf to winning handily. No idea what the final score would've been but given he ragequit right there I'm not ruling out the 5-0. SHAYMIN SWEEEEEEEEEEEP!
Old 08-08-2016, 09:41 PM   #4439
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyInari View Post
A (not-so) friendly face appears

I muted him after the first comments, but like, is there any way to do something more? I absolutely hate those kind of people :\
We've already discussed this elsewhere, but I've got an unfortunate continuation for you ...

Black-hating, Mexican-hating, homosexual-hating Yanmega fan ................................ vs. Talon87 (OU, 15 turns)

So as you might have seen tonight, I've asked some of the guys on the TCC Discord chat to help me out with creating a Mega Diancie team. It's rough going, but then again, we're not even twelve hours into what could be a very long journey. We'll see.

Anyway, I'm trying to see how far I can ladder with varying incarnations of the team, and I come upon this lovely fellow in the low 1200s. He proceeds to complain about how cheap Mega Diancie is, falls apart, lets me slaughter half his team ... then sends out Sharpedo and realizes in the same moment I do that Mega Sharpedo @ one Speed Boost is a really great answer to my team. Starts talking shit left and right, turns on the timer after only five seconds (whereas he's had much longer to think on earlier turns), the usual immature stuff. But it's just the level of his profanity ...

Things take a turn for the bizarre when, after making fun of Mexicans, he calls in ... what appears to be his Spanish-speaking friend. Said friend begins spouting racial slurs about Mexicans, all while doing so in 100% Spanish, not a single word of English spoken. It's ... really bizarre. I don't think they understand how ironic it is that they who apparently hate Mexicans speak much better Spanish than I who have no problem with Mexicans do. Like ... if you're gonna hate on an ethnic group, does it really make any sense to speak their language? Is this one of those "know thine enemy" applications?

Anyway ... I am able to successfully snatch victory from the jaws of defeat, crushing his spirits. He leaves the room without another word. His friend silently follows suit.

I create a replay of the video, mostly to share with you guys. But also because I discovered that in the Help forum on PS, it says this:

Quote:
If your opponent is harassing you in a battleroom, save the replay and PM the link to a moderator (@) here.
Well hey, I think. Look at that. They still take customer requests players' requests to have foul-mouthed players dealt with. So I decide to PM one of the admins from the middle of the list ('cause I figure the first couple on the list probably get more than their fair share of PMs ^^; ). And ... our story ends there. I never heard back from her. Her name was @MochaChip, a very cute name. If I had to guess she's probably just afk right now. It happens. But yeah ... no punishment, no reward, just ... nothing more happens. That's how this chapter closes.
Old 08-08-2016, 10:26 PM   #4440
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Warning- Accidental Rant Ahead:
...Weeell then. I knew that the other hispanic peoples don't take kindly to being lumped together with Mexicans, but holy geez, that was freakin' ridiculous! Just because you don't like a group of people and you can't see the person on the other side of the screen doesn't mean you can just treat them like trash on the small chance that they are of said group of people! Take it from a guy who has a more valid reason to be racist than most of the people who are but isn't: prejudice is not fun. Especially misplaced prejudice. Seriously, you people all around the world need to just stop and think about your life choices before you find yourselves in messy situations because of your jerkwad ways...

That said, this was most definitely a big case of horrendous gamesmanship. His loss was definitely well deserved, though I'm not sure if I'd say that alone is quite getting his just desserts. There's no way you were the only one they badmouthed for no reason, I'm sure...

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 05:33 PM   #4441
rotomotorz
Think ye can take me?

His team was so bad he deserved to lose
Squad Summary

Old 08-09-2016, 07:14 PM   #4442
DaisyInari
Sarasaland represent!

Altaria

Winning by the skin of my teeth

PHEW

Hi, I'm Daisy!

W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Old 08-09-2016, 07:21 PM   #4443
Talon87
時の彼方へ

First battle since yesterday. (OU, Princess Diancie, 19 turns)

My inexperience with my proclaimed beloved Diancie is startlingly apparent. Like, I didn't realize just how bad a feel I have for her. GUESS THAT MAKES SENSE SEEING AS I'VE BARELY EVER USED ONE! T_T I need to get a better feel for what sort of hits she can take, what sorts of moves people tend to predict or not predict from her, etc. For example, I did not expect Raikou to do as much damage as he did. Specs? Scarf? Makes no difference -- even Specs'd, I'm amazed that a simple Volt Switch (STAB, 70 base power, no weakness) did like 80% damage to me. I've really got to get a better handle on which hits Diancie can take (if any) and which ones she cannot (which appear to be the vast, vast majority).

She did her job really well here though of taking out the enemy team's own Mega and easily their scariest win condition. Dragon Dance is clearly the way to go if you're running Mega Altaria, and I don't think my team really has a single answer to her once she gets that first Dragon Dance up. I was fortunate enough to not only have Diancie already out on the field but to also have an opponent who was confident I would use Protect instead of attacking. While Diancie is currently packing Protect, I was banking on the DD and figured I needed to get hits in fast. I'm satisfied with the OHKO that Moonblast delivered. I only wish I could magically run 252 Atk / 252 SpAtk / 252 Speed so that Diamond Storm could offer more of the same.
Old 08-09-2016, 08:02 PM   #4444
rotomotorz
Think ye can take me?

80% is probably Specs
Squad Summary

Old 08-09-2016, 08:11 PM   #4445
Talon87
時の彼方へ

The people in the upper 1200s, lower 1300s of the OU ladder are really, really repugnant. I can't wait to get out of here.
Old 08-09-2016, 08:17 PM   #4446
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
That was a Specs Raikou, but other Raikou will still do about 50% with Volt Switch.
Old 08-09-2016, 10:14 PM   #4447
Heather
Naga's Voice

>giant asshole has Ice Beam Dragonite
>ICE BEAM DRAGONITE

Oh come on. Even I'm not this bad, if that's 1200s I should be at least 1300. Not to mention how much I wanted to punch him.

Quote:
Old 08-10-2016, 02:39 AM   #4448
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
I'd say the same but I seem to forget about/ignore Megas when I teambuild, so I can hardly talk about not being crap.
Old 08-10-2016, 11:22 AM   #4449
Heather
Naga's Voice

Oh no I'm shit but there's shit and then there's special offense Dragonite shit

Quote:
Old 08-10-2016, 01:51 PM   #4450
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Special offensive Dragonite used to be sorta viable in the rain with Hurricane, but not now.

And on unrelated news, I got Showdown last night and started randbats.

I think this got me above the 1450 threshold or nearly there, and I'm fairly pleased with this fight.

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON