UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Wild Future > Johto > Golden Lands

Old 03-18-2014, 07:43 PM   #1
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Luxray Kaden's Second Trek

The bustling steel city seemed like a prime starting point for the newly officiated trainer. Kaden Alexius casually walked through the masses of people, dully staring towards the ground ahead of him for the most part. Kaden wasn't one for crowded places, or just places in general where human interaction occured, but the trainer figured the city would be a good starting place for his journey- even if he had to struggle through the company of these people. Even the air of the industrious metro couldn't pick up the spirits of this dull chap. The same couldn't be said for Raiden, however, the Shinx happily trotted behind his trainer- grinning widely at the fact that he now has a master of his own. Kaden took careful looks back at the Shinx, turning away immediately each time the Shinx faced him and grinned with glee- the idea of a Pokemon companion, or a companion in general, was still new to the trainer- who previously had to live on his own for the past five years.

With all of his starting gear packed up in his bag, Kaden's first order of business was to enter the Pokemon Center to find a certain machine. Looking up from the ground his eyes were just glued to, he's surprised to find the bright red building just a block away. Quickening his pace, he heads towards the center, Raiden staying close behind, before finally entering the building. He takes a look around until his eyes finally caught the Jeri Inc. machine. "Ah, there it is," he mumbles softly before taking out his trainer I.D., scanning it onto the machine. The machine beeps with a response, zipping out a yellow disc followed by a black-yellow Pokeball with a bold red V engraved on the top. Taking the Level Ball, he stuffs it into his bag before examining the disc. 'TM Shock Wave' it read as Kaden wondered how he could use it on his Shinx until something clicked in his head. Reaching into his bag once more, he pulled out his red TM Case, taking a moment to figure out where he could insert the disc before doing so. Within a moment, a bright beam flashed out of the case as Kaden hurriedly pointed it towards Raiden. The Shinx blinks at the sudden onslaught, and yet he felt no pain; instead, the Shinx felt a gain in something, yet he couldn't tell what. As the light faded, Raiden crackled with electricity- crying out as a wave of lightning dance right in front of him. Raiden has learned Shock Wave.

"Well, that settles that," Kaden said, looking mildly amused by the Flash Pokemon's gain in power, who simply smiles even brighter to his trainer- wagging his tail in gratitude for the gift he just received. Kaden fumbles a bit, adjusting himself before speaking, "Um, I guess we should leave this city and start our journey... unless there's something for us to do here," the trainer mused it over, not entirely sure what a good starting point would be as Raiden patiently sat in front of him, awaiting his master's decision.

Last edited by Charminions; 09-02-2015 at 10:13 AM.
Charminions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 01:51 AM   #2
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Schadenfreude
As you pick up your Shinx, you notice an old woman in a brown blouse staring at you. Between her hunched back and her widow's hip, she resembles a weathered gargoyle on one of Sinnoh's steeples. Her skin is parched, like dried sandpaper, and she seems to have a glass eye which does not quite point forward. Amused, she twists her face into what she may think is a smile but actually reminds you of a rabid Krookodile feasting on prey. Her mouth glistens like a maw. As she approaches you, one leg drags behind in an awful simulacrum of walk. The leg, looking gangrenous, drags like a corpse behind her. She hobbles towards you. You recoil involuntarily.

"Are you free for a moment, young man?" she asks wispily. "Because I am in need of a strapping fellow like yourself."

You wince.

"I can make it worth your while," she says.

You continue to hesitate; the stench of rotting fish wafts from her teeth.

"Approach the Luster Lighthouse and fetch me a Magnemite. If you do so, you shall be rewarded handsomely. Much like yourself." The woman takes a glistening Shard from inside her bag. "Do you think I'm kidding around?"

The old woman cackles and squeezes your shoulder as though she is sizing up a particularly juicy piece of meat. Despite your sense of resolve, you shudder and brush off the woman's hand. In response, Ruth simply smirks.

"A man at the Lighthouse knows me. Tell them that Ruth sends you."

The woman, presumably named Ruth, licks her lips, and you wonder whether helping somebody so positively disturbed could be a good idea. Forlorn, you look inside your back. You do need the money, though. And the Shard might go a long way.

What do you do?
Schadenfreude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 03:42 PM   #3
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Kaden reeled back from Ruth, the smell and closeness of this old woman proving too much for the socially inept trainer. "Alright, lady, I'll do it," he coughes, leaving the Pokemon Center as quickly as possible, Raiden trotting behind him in a slightly disturbed fashion- the smell may have irritated his nose as well.

With a heavy sigh, Kaden looks ahead to the lighthouse, "A Magnemite, eh? With your current moves, obtaining one might not be so easy..." he looks down to the Shinx who responds again with his signature grin. Shaking his head at the Flash Pokemon, he resigns, "... We'll just have to make do." Whatever the lady wanted of the Magnemite did not matter to the trainer, the bribe of shards seemed enticing enough- and so he walked on towards the Luster Lighthouse and towards whatever awaited the duo.

Last edited by Charminions; 03-19-2014 at 03:48 PM.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:18 PM   #4
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Schadenfreude
Quest: The Crone and the Magnemite

"... We'll just have to make do."

Your voice sounds uncertain, but you take the deal. It's a win-win: Ruth gets her Magnemite, and you get your Star Shards. Nobody loses, and you should be over the moon for this simple errand. Then why do you feel like you've made the wrong choice, though?

"Excellent. A worker called Aaron is waiting for you," says Agnes. "Tell him my name, and he will let you into the Lighthouse. A Magnemite will be there, waiting for you to pick up."

"Is that all I need to do?"

"Yes, that's all you need to do. Why? Having second thoughts, are you?" whispers Agnes as she strokes your arm.

You shake your head, despite the uncertainty that drops on your conscience like an anvil. What Ruth does not know will not hurt her.

"If you're ready, here's a map to the Lighthouse," says Ruth, handing you a weathered piece of parchment that smells like decaying meat.

Ruth flashes you yellow teeth. "Have fun, boy."
Schadenfreude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 01:30 PM   #5
Charminions
Your reality is mine

"Have fun, boy."

A shiver runs down Kaden's spine, "Any place other than here would be more fun," he mumbles softly, before taking the parchment and speaking up, "Sounds simple enough. You can do what you want with the Magnemite once you have it, I'm just here for the reward. Let's go, Raiden." "Shiiinx!"

----

Finally within close quarters of the lighthouse entrance, the trainer takes a moment to look up to the towering lighthouse- witnessing it up close for the first time was something new to the trainer, so he took a moment to take it in. Looking down, he yells out to the man who appeared to be waiting for him. "Are you Aaron? Ruth sent me," he dully laments.

Last edited by Charminions; 03-28-2014 at 01:19 PM.
Old 04-05-2014, 05:24 PM   #6
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Send a message via Skype™ to Salamencia
As Kaden approaches the lighthouse, there is a lone worker outside. Dressed in filthy overalls, boots and a bright yellow hardhat, the tall and muscular man certainly looks the part. The worker anxiously eyes Kaden, seeming a little suspicious of the teen. As soon as he hears the name “Ruth”, however, a rather eager grin appears on his face.

“Yes, yes, I’m Aaron! It’s a pleasure to meet you, young man!” The changed personality doesn’t really suit the burly industrial worker, who immediately grabs Kaden’s hand and shakes it vigorously. “I’ve been waiting all day for you. Quite the strapping young helper Ruth’s found herself, if I may say so. Oh, and you’ve even brought a Pokémon with you to help!” Aaron’s attention has now turned to Raiden, his gaze fixed upon the Shinx. “Good thing too, these Pokémon can be quite the handful if you rub them up the wrong way! But I’m sure an Electric type like Shinx won’t even need to fight them, right?” Aaron chuckles as he crouches down to meet Raiden’s eye. He extends a hand momentarily, as if to pet the Shinx, but quickly retracts it; seemingly catching his own overenthusiasm. Though his greeting isn’t the most pleasant, he doesn’t give the same disturbing impression as Ruth had. “Anyway, shall we go inside? You can pick up the p-erm… the package in there.” Aaron turns around, retrieving a key from one of his pockets and unlocking the Lighthouse door. As Kaden follows the keen beefcake inside, he can hear some kind of sparking from deep within.

Inside the Lighthouse, Kaden’s attention is immediately drawn to a brown ball in the middle of the room. The ball seems to have metal bars protruding from both sides. On closer inspection, though, it seems the ball and the metal are two separate things. The ball is resting on a… leg? “Hoo-hoo”, the ball cries as the metal construct suddenly sparks with electricity. As Aaron and Kaden approach the ball, various Pokémon cry out in the distance. The ball turns, and it becomes clear that it’s actually a Hoothoot. The Owl Pokémon stares into Aaron’s eyes defiantly.

“Oh, buzz off would you?” Aaron asks in an irritated tone. The Hoothoot notices Kaden and refuses to budge once more, though somewhat half-heartedly this time. It appears it is a little uneasy with this confrontation. From up close, Kaden can see beyond the Flying-type and into the cage behind it. Said cage contains a rather upset-looking Magnemite, which is sparking with electricity. It would appear the two were trying to force the cage open. “These pesky Pokémon never cooperate when you want them to, but this is something else.” Aaron sighs, shaking his head in disbelief. "Well, it looks like it’s up to you… erm… kid. Sorry, just realised I never got your name,” Aaron explains, blushing with embarrassment. “Heh heh, I get carried away when I’m on a job like this. Anyway, you’re going to have to fight it, I guess.” It certainly seems that Kaden will need to distract or incapacitate the Hoothoot in some fashion to be able to pass by it. Kaden could always refuse to continue if he prefers, as the Magnemite is clearly not happy with the current arrangement, but Ruth probably wouldn’t approve.

What will Kaden do?

Last edited by Salamencia; 04-05-2014 at 06:20 PM.
Salamencia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 11:47 AM   #7
Charminions
Your reality is mine

The burly worker's expression lightens to one not quite matching his outward appearance as he vigorously shakes Kaden's hand, introducing himself as he praises the trainer and his Shinx. Kaden lets out a slight eye roll at the sudden confrontation, though he remains composed nonetheless. "Yeah... take me to this package..."

With the trainer's consent, Aaron leads him into the Lighthouse when Kaden immediately catches the sight of some strange brown ball. Metal bars seemed to be sticking out of the ball, though as Kaden stepped closer it became apparent that the ball is a Hoothoot. This Owl Pokemon caws in defiance as it stares into Aaron's eyes- who yells out in irritation.

Behind the Hoothoot the trainer can see a Magnemite trapped in a cage, looking quite unhappy. "There's my package," Kaden stares into the cage, a look of perplexity and fascination meeting his face as he watches the Magnemite struggle. Raiden was beginning to feel uneasy as well, emitting a soft "Shiiinx-" cry at what he was witnessing.

Aaron tells them that they would have to get through the Hoothoot somehow in order to get to the Magnemite as the trainer takes a moment to contemplate. A mixture of feelings began to well up within Kaden after years of closing them out, memories of suffering shifted through his head as he looked upon Magnemite's own suffering. It didn't help that Raiden was expressing his own disapproval at what he saw. "Ugh," he stomps as he claps his hands onto his head, "a job is a job. What happens to other people or Pokemon is none of our concern," he finally decides, "Raiden, slam into the Hoothoot with a Tackle before frying it with your new Shock Wave!" "Shinx..." Raiden steps forward, not pleased at all by this though obeying his trainer nonetheless.
Old 04-23-2014, 04:25 PM   #8
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Send a message via Skype™ to Salamencia
Both humans step back, clearing space for the battle to begin. The Hoothoot, realising what is about to happen, bears an uneasy expression on its face. It’s clearly not entirely content with the situation at hand either. Taking one look back at the Magnemite, however, it hops forward and gives a defiant “Hoot”. Kaden’s Shinx growls back, psyching himself up for a fight as he takes in his trainer’s orders.

Raiden charges forward immediately, lowering his head and Tackling Hoothoot hard. The bird caws in mild discomfort, but stands its ground well against the much lighter Electric type. As Raiden shakes himself off from the impact, the Hoothoot responds with a Tackle of its own, sending Raiden backward and leaving him sprawled on the floor for a moment or two. The Shinx crackles with electricity as he returns to his feet before releasing a bright blue stream of electricity. The current ensnares Hoothoot, bringing a cry of agony from the Flying type.

“Magne- Magnemite!” the caged Steel type cries, looking quite concerned for its saviour. But before anyone can consider why the odd duo are friendly to each-other, Hoothoot gazes into Raiden’s eyes, its own eyes glowing a brighter shade of red. Raiden sways, muttering softly, and soon falls to the floor.

“No! He’s fallen asleep?!” Aaron exclaims. “Wake up, you lazy sonova-! Well? Do something, kid!” The worker now looks incredibly angry, quite different from the friendly man that greeted Kaden.

Hoothoot looks quite hurt already but, despite a slight reluctance in its facial expression, is quite capable of continuing the fight.
Salamencia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 03:39 PM   #9
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Raiden's obedience came before his ethics in this case, as he enters a feral fighting trance, growling back at the 'Hoots' of the Hoothoot to psych himself up.

"That's more like it," the trainer calls out. He has yet to experience a Pokemon battle; his only knowledge of such things coming from his experience watching others through the years, and reading about it as a kid before the disaster. He had to admit, however, actively partaking in it was quite thrilling. The Shinx at this point has lowered his head, charging head first to tackle the bird Pokemon, who caws out, but maintains its ground. "Hmph, that wasn't as strong as I thought it would be..." Raiden himself had to shake off a bit of recoil as he's soon tackled by the Hoothoot, the larger Pokemon sending the small Shinx back several feet. "Now that looks like it hurt..." the trainer comments emptily as Raiden rises up, electricity sparking off his body before releasing the blue bolts of lightning to the Flying-type. The Hoothoot could do little as the current zaps it, bringing out much pain as the cries grow louder.

The Magnemite cried too for concern of its friend, though Kaden does his best to pay no attention to it. Soon after, the Hoothoot's eyes glow bright red as Raiden suddenly falls over, asleep.

Kaden lets out a soft curse under his tongue as Aaron seemed infuriated at this point, commanding the trainer to do something.

"Oh, put a sock in it. I've got it handled," the trainer does his best to remain calm, reaching into his bag and pulling out a Chesto Berry. He walks over to his Shinx, nudging the berry into the sleeping Pokemon's mouth. "There, that should work. Now, continue the onslaught with a Night Slash into another Shock Wave!"
Old 07-26-2014, 12:06 PM   #10
Charzonsos
Pokemon Trainer

Send a message via Skype™ to Charzonsos
Kaden rustled through is bag and grabbed a Chesto berry that he fed to Raiden. As he prepared to feed it to his Pokémon, the Hoothoot quickly dashed up and Tackled the sleeping Shinx. The Hoothoot jumped back towards the cage once Kaden got closer.

“Cheap hitting fowl!” yelled Aaron. You can see the worker is obviously fed up with the Hoothoot.

Kaden fed the berry to Raiden and gave his Pokémon a series of commands. Raiden stumbled from side to side as he woke up, but locked eyes with the Hoothoot. The electric type darted off towards the Hoothoot. Preparing the Night Slash it lifted its paw, glowing with a dark aura, slashing across the fowl Pokémon, with the dark aura leaving a slash mark that dissipated after a few seconds.

The Hoothoot is knocked back by the attack. Before it can prepare to strike back, Raiden begins glowing with blue electricity launching its Shock Wave at the Hoothoot. The Flying-type Pokémon tried to dodge the attack, but the attack homes in on the Hoothoot. It cried out as the electric attack makes contact and the wild Pokémon fell over from exhaustion.

“Magnemite!” the electric Pokémon cried out as the Hoothoot fell to the ground. The Magnet Pokémon looked distressed as it stared at Aaron who was approaching the cave.

“That trouble maker is out of the way now, time to get the parcel,” Aaron said as he headed to grab the cage. Suddenly as the man got closer, the Hoothoot jumped up and Tacked the man. The man fell back in surprise. “The blasted thing still has a little fight in it!”

The Hoothoot stared at Raiden its eyes determined. They began to glow red again, but the Owl Pokémon winced in pain before it could try to use Hypnosis on the Shinx again. Raiden looked at the owl uneasily. It seemed clear that the Pokémon couldn’t take much more in the fight and the only thing that kept it going was its sheer determination to protect the Magnemite.

After running back to the door placing Kaden between him and the bird, Aaron yelled out, “Finish off that troublesome Pokémon so you can get the blasted Magnemite!”

What will Kaden do?

Last edited by Charzonsos; 07-28-2014 at 01:00 AM. Reason: Fixed Grammer Mistake
Charzonsos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 02:46 PM   #11
Charminions
Your reality is mine

OOC: Thanks so much for picking this up, Charzonsos! I'm very eager to get this moving again.

As Kaden got closer to his Shinx, Hoothoot quickly lunges in- knocking Raiden back with a hard Tackle.

"Damn it, now I'm getting annoyed," Kaden barked, finally feeding the berry to his sleeping Pokemon. Raiden stumbled a bit from awakening, but he soon regained his focus and initiated his orders. Raising a paw high, he charges it with Dark-type energy before slashing away at the Flying-type.

Hoothoot is sent back hard from the blow, as Raiden continues his momentum with crackling ferocity. Launching another blue current, the bolts hone in on the Hoothoot once again before frying the birdie.

The Magnemite cried out for his falling friend, though Kaden had to look away again. Emotions would make him weak. He was not weak.

Aaron began to approach the cage before grabbing it until Hoothoot suddenly Tackles him back.

Kaden had to hold in a bit of laughter at that. The guy definitely deserved it. Meanwhile, the Hoothoot began to attempt a Hypnosis again- its eyes glowing red with determination.

The young trainer had to admire the Hoothoot's efforts, but at the end, he had a job to do. There's no going back now, he figured. "Raiden, close your eyes away from that Hypnosis and ram him hard with Tackle! Then continue with another Shock Wave... if it's needed."
Old 07-26-2014, 06:25 PM   #12
Charzonsos
Pokemon Trainer

Kaden admired the efforts of the Hoothoot, but the Pokémon was preventing him from finishing his job. "Raiden, close your eyes away from that Hypnosis and ram him hard with Tackle! Then continue with another Shock Wave... if it's needed."

Raiden heard the commands of his trainer. He quickly closed his eyes looking away from the Hoothoot and started charging towards the Owl Pokémon at full force. Focusing its strength, the Hoothoot fired its Hypnosis, eyes glowing with determination. Yet with Shinx looking away, the attack failed to take effect. The charging electric-type Pokémon Tackled the Hoothoot sending it back. For a moment it looked like the Flying type was down for the count as it lied on the ground motionless, but it rose up once more noticeably ragged from the combat. The Owl Pokémon was on the last of it legs. It started charging towards Raiden trying to attempt one last Tackle.

Raiden saw the Hoothoot wasn’t going to give up. Obeying his trainer’s orders, the Shinx charged its electricity and fired the blue bolts of Shock Wave at the Hoothoot. Before the Flying-type Pokémon could deliver its attack, the electricity struck Hoothoot stopping it in its tracks. The Owl Pokémon remained still for a few moments and let out a caw as it fell over; knocked out and unable to fight.

Raiden has grown to Level 6!

“Magnemite?” the Magnemite whimpered seeing its protector defeated. The Magnet Pokémon looked out in stunned silence. Its eye locked onto the Hoothoot who had fallen in attempts to defend itself.

“Seems like it down for the count,” Aaron said walking next to Kaden. “I’ll give that dang bird one thing; it had sure had a lot of fight in it. Good riddance. Now time to get the Magnemite.” As Aaron prepared to walk over to the Magnemite’s casing, he stopped suddenly as he caught the sight of the Hoothoot. “I think it would be best if you retrieved the parcel for… eh… safety precautions…” Aaron eyed the Hoothoot, he obviously did not want a repeat of his most recent encounter with the Pokémon.

Kaden moves over to the cage that contained the Magnemite. The Pokémon looked up at Kaden with a pleading eye. Looking at the container that held the electric type it seemed to be lined on the inside with rubber to help neutralize the electric-type’s attempts to shock the cage. Looking at the cage, there were marks and scuffs where the Hoothoot had tried to break open the cage. On the front of the cage, there was a latch on the front that opened the cage. The latch had nothing keeping it locked other than the needed manual dexterity to maneuver it open.

The Magnemite looks at Kaden, shaking nervously as you loom over the cage. It clearly is in the cage against its will. The latch for the cage had nothing keeping it from being open from the outside. Yet he was hired by Ruth. She was expecting to receive the Magnemite and had already said she would pay Kaden for his efforts. He had already defeated the Hoothoot that was in his way, all he had to do was pick up the Pokémon’s casing and take it to the woman waiting for her parcel.

What will Kaden do?

Last edited by Charzonsos; 07-28-2014 at 01:00 AM. Reason: Fixed Grammer Mistake
Old 07-29-2014, 11:31 AM   #13
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Raiden follows through with his orders, closing his eyes from the hypnotic waves of the Hoothoot before Tackling him back hard. The Flying-type looked near defeat at this point, but it rose up once again for a final stretch.

Kicking off the ground, the Hoothoot lunges in for a final attempt at Tackle. Raiden, on the other hand, is more than prepared, fueling himself with electricity once again before dispersing it in a Shock Wave. The blue currents strike the Owl Pokemon before it can reach Raiden, stopping it in its tracks. Standing still in what seems like disbelief, the Hoothoot finally falls over, knocked out.

The Magnemite whimpered for its fallen friend, looking on at the Hoothoot in silence.

Aaron gave the Hoothoot some credit, preparing to walk up to the cage, but stopping midway as he looks at the Hoothoot again. He then suggests Kaden to retrieve the cage, fearing the Hoothoot would strike again.

"Fine, I'll do it," the trainer grumbles, walking over to the cage with the Magnemite. The Magnet Pokemon looks up in desperation, causing Kaden to hesitate again as hints of emotion seem to hit him. He looks around the cage, noticing the rubber inside that prevents any conduction of the Magnemite's Electric attacks. Claw marks were evident all over the cage where Hoothoot attempted to break it open. At the front end, the trainer could see a latch that would open the cage. Nothing kept it locked, he realized, as he would just have to simply open it.

Raiden came over as well, giving his trainer a look that also pleaded for the Magnemite to be freed. The trainer bit his tongue, conflicted on what he should do. Without thinking, he picks up the cage, walking out of the tower as Raiden trailed behind, a worried expression on his face.

While they're outside, Kaden looks back to his Shinx and then to the Magnemite. "Relax, Raiden, I'm not handing this Magnemite over until I know what Ruth is going to do with it. If she's going to endanger this thing, I'll simply free it in front of her and fight her off if I have to." The Shinx was surprised by the trainer's change of heart, but worried at the same time, though he let out a sigh of relief as they continued walking to their destination.
Old 07-30-2014, 03:12 PM   #14
Charzonsos
Pokemon Trainer

With the cage in hand, Kaden heads outside of the lighthouse. As he passes by Aaron, the worker says, “That was good work on your part. That Shinx sure is no push over and so strong for a Pokémon so young.” He looks over to the Hoothoot and sighs, “Guess I gotta get rid of that Hoothoot. Take care, and send Ag… er… I mean Ruth my regards.”

As Kaden exits and gets away from the lighthouse, he explains to Raiden what the current plans for the exchange of the Magnemite to Ruth. He wasn’t going to give over the Pokémon if Ruth was planning on harming the Pokémon. The Shinx was surprised with the trainer’s change of heart. Yet the electric-type couldn’t shake a sense of unease that surrounded the situation.

Walking along, the Magnemite shook uneasily within the cage. The Pokémon’s discomfort was more than obvious at this point. The map he received earlier also had the location of the drop off point for the Magnemite. Kaden made it to an alley in the Industrial District. The alley was relatively clean and also out of the eye of the public view. Why did the old woman want to meet in such a place?

Soon Kaden saw the sight of the old woman with her crooked smile staring down Kaden like a piranha preparing to attack a piece of meat. She began walking over cocking her eyebrow at the sight of the Magnemite that was firmly within the cage. Squeezing Kaden’s arm with her long, bony fingers, she said, “Well, I figured a strapping young trainer like you would be able to get the Magnemite for me. Glad to see you didn’t disappoint. You can just hand him over and can go on your merry way.”

Kaden had decided he wasn’t handing over the Magnemite until he knew Ruth’s intentions for the Pokémon and kept the cage away from the woman. He insisted that Ruth tell him her intentions for the caged Magnemite before he would hand it over.

The woman was caught a bit off guard by the question and seemed taken aback by the trainer’s question. The old woman quickly regained her composer and gave a smile revealing her crooked teeth. “You needn’t worry about the Magnemite. I just need it for a few simple tasks, you know helping around the house and other small chores. Nothing you need to bother your young mind with.”

Given Kaden’s mixed feelings of the situation, he wasn’t sure what to make of Ruth’s reply. Something about the way the woman was talking made Kaden feel Ruth wasn’t telling the whole truth and she was keeping something from the trainer.

The woman was insistent on getting her Pokémon, her fingers like claws around Kaden’s arm, “Now if you wouldn’t mind, give me the Magnemite and I can give you your reward.” The woman flashed a star shard from her bag again with what appeared to be a wad of cash sitting next to it. “You needn’t worry about that Magnemite, just take your reward and you can be on your way, honey.”

What will Kaden do?
Old 07-31-2014, 01:21 PM   #15
Charminions
Your reality is mine

As Kaden walks by Aaron, the worker thanks the trainer for his service- complimenting Raiden's strength and wishing them well. He slips momentarily on Ruth's name, however, which Kaden happens to catch, but says nothing in response. He didn't like the guy, no need to waste words on him.

---

Now traveling to the supposed destination, Kaden whips open his map for the location- an alleyway in the Industrial District. "What an non-suspicious spot to hand a Pokemon over," the trainer murmurs sarcastically.

He soon arrives at the alley, closed out of public eye with the old lady staring him down on the other side. A shiver goes up the trainer's spine at the unsightly being he is facing yet again, as the woman walks over, complimenting the trainer whilst squeezing his arm. She urges for the trainer to hand over the Magnemite and he can be on his way.

"Sure, but first, I have a question," the trainer speaks, "What do you plan to do with this Magnemite once you have it?"

Ruth was taken aback by the question, but she quickly gathers her bearings before smiling- showing off her horrendous teeth. She says he doesn't need to worry, and that she simply wants the Magnemite for small chores and tasks around the house.

The women grew more insistent, her fingers tightening around Kaden's arm. She flashes the star shard with a wad of cash in her bag, stating he can take the reward and be on his way.

The trainer tries to remain calm, the signs were all too clear. He flashes a look to Raiden, who nods before walking behind Ruth, blocking her off from the other side. With her surrounded, Kaden smiles back, an act he's not so good at, "A Magnemite doesn't look too handy for house chores. Ruth, if that is your name... if you really wanted this Magnemite for something like that, you wouldn't have to call me to a secluded alley. It's clear you're not who you say you are..." he pauses, thinking carefully before saying his next words, "Tell you what, I'll let this all go if you hand me the reward first. Then you can have your Magnemite and I'll be on my way like you wanted."

The trainer holds out the arm the lady was squeezing, opening the hand up and waiting for the reward, though he has every intention of freeing the Magnet Pokemon right in front of her, whether or not he gets his reward. Nothing wrong with doing wrong to wrongdoers, he figures, so it was worth a shot.
Old 08-01-2014, 04:25 PM   #16
Charzonsos
Pokemon Trainer

Ruth was taken aback by Kaden accusing her of having misdeeds planned for the Magnemite. She seemed offended for him demanding payment for his silence. The woman released her grip on the man’s arm once he put forth his hand to receive his payment. She walked back a bit only to find Raiden blocking the other side of the alleyway. The woman started to chuckle and stared at the trainer for a moment, “What happened when someone was hired for a job and they completed it before asking for payment due? The younger generation gets so anxious and want everything delivered to them so hastily.” The old woman let out a cackle as she reached into her purse and pulled forth a Star Shard and $100. “Though, since you’ve done such a good job getting me the Magnemite, I can give you your dessert a little earlier.” Winking at Kaden, she placed the Star Shard and the money in the hand of the trainer, gently creasing as she pulled her hands back. “Now that you got yours, I want mine. My new Magnemite if you would so please.” The old woman was preparing the grab the casing, looming in like a Mandibuzz on its prey.

Kaden had decided that Ruth wasn’t going to get the Magnemite. He quickly put distance between him and the old woman. He swiftly released the latch on the cage releasing the Magnet Pokémon. The Pokémon chirped in jubilee upon being released from its confines. The Magnemite quickly floated away and began heading out of the alleyway.

Ruth on the other hand, wasn’t as enthralled by this display. The old woman’s face let forth a scowl that had the anger of a woman scorned. “Well, I guess I’m going to have to school the young boy and teach him the ropes.” The old woman cackled as she straightened out her back and reached inside her bag, pulling out a Poké ball.

She threw the Poké ball forward releasing a Pokémon with a short yellow body with a cute face, but on further investigation it appeared to have a set of jaws on coming from the back of its head. This Pokémon was a Mawile a Pokémon known to deceive the unsuspecting. The Deceiver Pokémon looked at Kaden with a small smirk.

Ruth stared down Kaden, “I’m going to have to teach you a lesson.” Her voice wasn’t as weak as it sounded before and the woman had more of a serious air about her. She crossed her arms, “I had so hoped this would be easy and I could finish off what I needed to do.” The woman winked with her eye. “Mawile that man failed to deliver the goods entitled. Go and get that Star Shard back for me. Astonish that young lad and teach him a lesson.”

Without hesitation, the Mawile charged forward toward Kaden. The Steel-type Pokémon was obviously not going to yield and was preparing to swing its massive set of jaws to assault Kaden.

What will Kaden do?
Old 08-03-2014, 11:56 AM   #17
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Ruth was astounded by the trainer's accusation, releasing her grip from his arm. She then chuckled, before saying how the younger generation is impatient, but decides to gift Kaden anyway for his efforts. The trainer takes the Star Shard and $100, shoving it into his pocket before stepping back as Ruth reached for the cage. Putting more distance, the trainer grinned.

"I can't believe that worked, but you're still not getting this Magnemite," he releases the latch, as the Magnemite merrily buzzes with joy- heading out of the alley.

Ruth seemed severely peeved, however, as her nice act moments ago is completely gone. She straightens herself before reaching into her bag and pulling out a Pokeball. Throwing it forward, a cute yellow and black Pokemon appeared- with a huge set of vicious jaws coming out of the back of its head.

"Never seen that before," Kaden said, just a little worried, as he opens up his Pokedex.

Quote:
Mawile, the Deceiver Pokemon. It uses its docile-looking face to lull foes into complacency, then bites with its huge, relentless jaws.
Within moments, the Mawile lunges forward at Kaden. He had to act fast, and yet his Shinx was still too far behind to physically intercept. "Raiden, intercept with Shock Wave!" he yells in urgency, realizing he would have to rely on the Shinx' only Special move. He begins to run back, creating more distance that the Mawile would need to cover- hoping it would give Raiden the time to fire his attack. "Follow it up with a Night Slash to its eyes when you get the chance!" he yells, continuing to run. This was the first time he felt his own life was at danger, and it did not feel good.

Last edited by Charminions; 08-03-2014 at 12:07 PM.
Old 08-04-2014, 11:29 PM   #18
Charzonsos
Pokemon Trainer

Kaden quickly began to run back as the Mawile darted towards him. Upon seeing his trainer in danger, Raiden quickly ran forward while charging the electricity from his body and fired the Shock Wave at the Mawile. The Steel-type Pokémon was struck with the attack before it reached Kaden. Not allowing time to elapse between the attack, Raiden ran up and preparing to strike a Night Slash at the Mawile. The dark aura raked across the eye of the Mawile. The Mawile quickly turn back and knocked Raiden away. The Deceiver Pokémon revealed a twisted smile and turned where its jaws were lined at the Electric-type Pokémon.

Ruth laughed, “It’s been awhile since Mawile’s meal has fought back. I hope he enjoys his play time.” The old woman pulled out a Poké gear from her purse and dialed a number. Astonish that rodent and shed some Fake Tears. Mommy needs to make a quick phone call.”

What will Kaden do?
Old 08-05-2014, 03:26 PM   #19
Charminions
Your reality is mine

As the Mawile gave chase, Raiden managed to intercept with his Shock Wave, stopping the Pokemon before it could reach the trainer. "Phew," the trainer sighes with relief.

Continuing the pressure, Raiden covers the distance, storing dark energy into his claw before swiping it across the Mawile's eye in a Night Slash. The Mawile turns back, knocking the Shinx away.

Ruth simply laughes, issuing her commands as she pulls out her Pokegear- wanting to make a call to someone. The sense of urgency continued to hit Kaden's adrenaline.

"We can't let that call happen! Raiden, run towards Ruth as you lead the Mawile, jumping out of the way at the last second for the Mawile to strike Ruth instead! Then fry that Pokegear with Shock Wave! Just remain focused on Ruth, don't let whatever the Mawile does affect you!
Old 08-06-2014, 02:58 AM   #20
Charzonsos
Pokemon Trainer

Kaden knew he had to act quickly in order to stop Ruth from making the call. Hearing his trainers command, Raiden quickly ran into the direction of Ruth. The Mawile chased after the electric type which drew closer to the old woman.

“Ah, I was just calling to let you-Wait! Mawile get out of the-,” Raiden ran in front of the old woman and quickly shifted to the right. The Mawile was not as agile as the smaller electric-type and stumbled into his trainer. The Pokégear flew out of the trainers grip as she fell over onto the ground. Raiden began glowing with blue electricity charging for his attack. Ruth hit the Mawile that landed on her. “Get up you scum and get that Shinx!”

The Mawile, terrified from hitting her trainer, leapt up and ran towards the Shinx hitting him with an Astonishing blow. Shinx shook of the attack and launched the Shock Wave narrowing in on the Pokégear. Upon the frying of the Pokégear, the Mawile began crying. The sudden crying confused Raiden, seeing the fierce Pokémon reduced to tears.

Ruth stood up. “You troublesome child, I am growing tired of your insolence. Mawile, use Fairy Wind! Once you are done with that, Iron Head!” The woman was burning with rage staring at Kaden. “I will finish you both off and go finish the final touches on our plan. You won’t be progressing any further insolent trainer!”

What will Kaden do?
Old 08-06-2014, 01:51 PM   #21
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Raiden began his pace towards Ruth, as Mawile followed suit. All according to plan. At the perfect moment, the agile Shinx banks out of the way. The Mawile couldn't keep up with the nimble Pokemon, stumbling into her trainer in the process. Ruth's Pokegear falls out of her hand thanks to this which forced a grin on Kaden's face, but he kept his silence as the job wasn't done quite yet.

Fuming with rage, Ruth hit her Pokemon, yelling at the Mawile to get up and get the Shinx. The Mawile was scared for hitting her trainer and quickly ran into Raiden with an Astonish. The Shinx stumbles back, but regains his composure to release another blue current in Shock Wave, this time at the Pokegear. The sparks dance across the ground before honing in on the device, zapping it into smithereens.

A smile came across Kaden's face yet again, he felt exhilarated for accomplishing that. The Mawile, meanwhile, began crying, causing Raiden to become confused by her Fake Tears.

Ruth, on the other hand, was red with rage at the trainer, issuing another set of commands and threatening the trainer for his actions.

"Good luck with that," the trainer smirked, his cockiness reaching the higher ends at this point, "Raiden, brace for the Fairy Wind as you Leer them. Then hop over her Iron Head before Tackling her down."

Last edited by Charminions; 08-06-2014 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Typos
Old 08-10-2014, 12:13 AM   #22
Charzonsos
Pokemon Trainer

The Mawile reared back his jaw and fired a the pink Fairy Wind from the Jaws. Raiden stood his ground as the attack made contact,Leering the Mawile in the process. A little shaken from the Leer, Mawile began running towards Raiden preparing to strike and Raiden took off to attack the Mawile. As Raiden jumped into the air the Mawile, the steel type swung its Iron Head around grazing the electric type. The electric type tumbled around behind the Mawile, but quickly jumped back up and Tackled the Mawile. The steel typed looked like the attack hit harder than it would have, but still had fight in him. Raiden’s fight with the Hoothoot earlier took a little out of the Pokémon and this fight was wearing him down as well.

“You won’t be able to beat Mawile,” Ruth said. “Though I promise you once you are taken care of, your Shinx will make a nice pair of shoes.” The old woman cackled and yelled, “Mawile create some distance and then Taunt the kitten. Follow up with another blast of Fairy Wind.

What will Kaden do?

Last edited by Charzonsos; 08-23-2014 at 12:44 AM. Reason: Removed signature
Old 08-11-2014, 05:04 PM   #23
Charminions
Your reality is mine

The Mawile's Fairy Wind ravaged Raiden, who stood tough and leered her down in the process. Afterwards, the Mawile swooped in with Iron Head as the Shinx jumps over it to the best of his ability, taking a grazing hit in the process. "Not bad," Kaden remarked, seeing the limits of Raiden's jumps for the first time. This could be useful knowledge for down the road, but for now, he had to focus on the battle at hand.

Raiden gathers his bearings quickly before Tackling the Mawile hard, the previous defense decrease working well for the Shinx, though he looked wore down at this point. Two battles back to back cannot be easy.

Ruth noticed this and stated that there's no way Kaden would win before issuing her orders.

"Hmm, you may be right," the trainer remarks, ruffling through his bag to pull out a Potion before walking to the Shinx. Kneeling forward, he sprays it over Raiden's bruises, doing wonders to recover and re-energize the electric-type. "Great, now let's win this battle. Strike at her eyes with Night Slash to throw her off. Then zap another Shock Wave!
Old 08-23-2014, 12:44 AM   #24
Charzonsos
Pokemon Trainer

Feeling revitalized by the Potion, Raiden is ready to fight back at the Mawile. The Steel-type Pokémon put a long distance between the two of them and began Taunting Raiden. Already set on attacking, the Electric-type Pokémon charged towards the Mawile. The Mawile spun around pointing its massive jaws towards Raiden and released gust of pink wind towards the electric-type. Refreshed and energized, Raiden ran straight through the Fairy Wind and leapt towards the Mawile. Glowing with the dark energy, Raiden struck with a Night Slash across the Mawile’s eyes as it turned around. The attack startled the Deceiver Pokémon and it began to stumble back recovering from the critical hit. Not missing a beat, Raiden quickly charges up his blue electricity and fires the Shock Wave at Mawile. The Mawile screamed in pain as the electricity coursed through its body. The Pokémon fell to his knees and panted heavily as it tried to recover from its last onslaught.

Ruth had become furious at this point, “What do you think you’re doing? Don’t make me have to punish you again!” The Mawille, ragged from the onslaught of attacks, jumped back up to its feet and scowled at the Shinx. “Go out and Play Rough with the pest and follow up with an Iron Head for good measure!”

Raiden was still in top form while the Mawile had become much more ragged than before. Kaden notices that the Pokémon was grimacing where it was just struck in the eyes. Did the Pokémon have an exploit that they could use to the advantage?

What will Kaden do?
Old 09-01-2014, 02:02 PM   #25
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Now recovered, Raiden leaps through the incoming gust of Fairy Wind before swiping another Night Slash across the Mawile's eyes. The critical hit startles Mawile as the Shinx continues the momentum with another Shock Wave. The onslaught of attacks were doing its deal to the Deceiver Pokemon, and Kaden couldn't stop grinning.

Ruth, however, was not pleased and threatened her Mawile once again before issuing commands.

The young trainer also thought through his orders in the mean time. He did notice the damage dealt to the Mawile's eyes, and wants to exploit that.

"Okay, Raiden, zap another Shock Wave, aiming for her eyes. Then Night Slash across her eyes once again!"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Wild Future > Johto > Golden Lands