Charminions (GL) vs Snorby (C)
4v4
Singles
Slapstick
Equilevel
48 HR DQ
Switch = Gym
The Devil’s Playground
Freshly minted Electric Boring GL Snorby will be trying to peel a badge off Charm, as well as finally complete a match against a notable. Meanwhile, they're also trying to kill each other in the GM. I'll be the one with the snarky commentary. Let's get this going.

Reminder to Charm to take this match seriously and not do something stupid like bide against a Substitute.

Spoiler: show
The Devil’s Playground
Challengers that wish to challenge the Fire Gym would have to travel deep within the volcanic regions of Yupien to locate the recently flattened and concreted arena that is the Devil’s Playground. Battles take place at the peak of the day when temperatures easily reach up to 50 C or 120 F, while the skies remain clear of all clouds- making the use of Rain Dance or Hail ineffective at doing much aside from possibly bringing a small cloud or two on the very odd chance. This sunny weather coupled with the volcanic heat of the distant volcanoes make Water and Ice-type moves weakened accordingly while making those of that type feel very uncomfortable. Fire-types, on the other hand, greatly enjoy this weather and will fight more enthusiastically because of it.

The volcanoes have remained dormant for decades, leaving little fear of a volcanic eruption to interfere with ongoing battles, however, burning lava has been extracted from these volcanoes and have been scattered about the arena in several small circular pools. The lava pools are 6 feet in diameter and depth; and are contained safely from melting away at the concrete flooring. Pokémon that are not Fire-typed or particularly capable of dealing with lava will be taking continuous damage upon contact with the lava and will suffer burns at the area of contact- the severity of these burns increasing with the amount of time contact is made. The concrete platform itself is very compact and sturdy, preventing earth-based and rock-based attacks that depend on the arena such as Earthquake and Stealth Rock from working.

To top things off, moderate amounts of volcanic ash continually fall onto the arena. The amount of this ash is not enough to hinder the vision of any Pokémon; the arena being a great enough distance from the nearest volcanoes to not suffer from that. However, this ash contains a special quality that brings discomfort to Dragon-types in particular- negating the benefits the type would otherwise receive from the beating sun while also making them slightly less enthusiastic in battle. Dragon-types that are already a Fire-type do not suffer from this, the Fire-typing in their blood being too in sync with the effects of the arena to feel any discomfort. The arena is slightly larger than the standard size and battles will start at the center of the arena, with a few lava pools already nearby.

Last edited by Stealthy; 01-07-2016 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Needs a cute icon
Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 09:32 PM   #2
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Bide hasn't been my friend in Gym matches lately ;;

Congrats on the gym, Snorby. Let's see what you got.

Scorch Badge
Attachable Badge

This badge is awarded to those who have stood against the heat of the Devil's Playground. With a burning ruby gem in the center, trails of flames seem to wisp out of the gem in what resembles a blazing red sun.
Badge Effect: Fiery Kickstart
Upon attaching this badge, the user will feel a surge of adrenaline rushing through them as dancing black flames lick across their arms and legs. For the immediate four rounds the holder is sent in, the holder will have a limbered dexterity, granting a speed boost akin to a long term Agility. Along with this, the adrenaline rush will leave the holder feeling little to no pain from attacks that strike them (though the damage will still be evident). Meanwhile, the momentum from the speed boost grants the holder a 10% boost to physical attacks during the rounds the badge is in effect. These boosts are granted by the power of the badge, and thus the holder will not feel any more tired than he/she would normally feel without the badge's effect.
Currently Attached To: Apollo Level 5 Male Blaziken

Ignatius Level 5 Male Magmortar
Hidden Power (Water)
Ignatius has lived in Mt. Chimney his whole life. From birth, he has always played within the lava of the volcano, often refusing to come out. Ignatius still remains stubborn to this day, though his passion for the lava that he lived in hasn't changed. Upon catching him, Ignatius caught a glimpse of surfers on TV and thought it would be cool to mimic them... only, he's a Fire-type.
Special Training - Lava Bender (Fire)
After training and playing constantly within lava, Ignatius has become adept at manipulating it. If and only if there is lava present in the arena, Ignatius can perform Surf and Waterfall with lava substituted for water, dealing fire-type damage and with the same burn chance as Lava Plume. Like the water versions of Surf and Waterfall, Ignatius can choose to ride the surf/fall or just send the lava out on its own. In return for this, Ignatius has forgotten Will-O-Wisp and Flamethrower.

Apollo Level 5 Male Blaziken
Hidden Power (Electric)
Apollo was my first pokemon, who has lived with my family in our farm for as long as I can remember. Because Apollo is the first member of my squad, he acts as the father of the squad, who my other pokemon come for advice and training, especially Mr. Kill. Apollo is naturally mischievous, perhaps even evil to a certain extent (from hanging out with me), but is a kind and gentle Pokemon deep down. As kids, Apollo and I would always run. Whether it was from a simple game of tag with the local farm pokemon and my 8 siblings or running away from angry farmers for burning their crops (hehe), we just ran and ran.
Special Attack – DynamicKick (Fighting)
A DynamicPunch in the form of a kick. The energy used creates a loud small-scale explosion on contact, sending the opponent flying, and possibly confusing it (the confusion chance being the same as a DynamicPunch). Damage and energy usage is equal to a DynamicPunch. Apollo forgot DynamicPunch in the process of learning this.

Ruby Level 5 Female Charizard
Hidden Power (Grass)
Since birth, Ruby has always felt different. She wasn't like the rest of her kind, and her parents saw it as well. Among the Charmanders in her clan, she was the only who didn't start anger-fueled fights, and constantly competed for dominance over the others. She was too gentle and kind, which led to the group constantly picking on her. Despite all the bullying, she never fought back. It wasn't that she wasn't strong, but she much prefered to show her prowess through graceful displays of fire and even draconian attacks. Eventually, her parents were so disgusted by her that they abandoned her at an early age.
She was deeply hurt, but remained strong for her own sake. She spent the next few years travelling throughout the Kanto region, facing the perils of nature and surviving off of the smallest amounts of food. No matter where she went, whether it was Mt.Moon, Viridian Forest, or the abandoned Power Plant, she didn't belong there. She kept clinging onto the hope that someday she would find a place she would truly belong, and yet everwhere she went- they outcasted her as a freak.
At a certain point, the physical and psychological pain she's been enduring eventually built up to the point where her tail almost burnt out. She was starving, and she couldn't find any food for miles, it was the end for her. She collapsed on a road, the flame on her tail slowly dimming into nothing.
She woke up, however, and she found herself in a place completely different from where she was before. She was on an island. Palm trees soared high into the air, rocky mountains and hills jutted in various places, while a large oasis rested nicely in the center of it all, a waterfall gently streaming into it. She couldn't believe what she was seeing. Standing back up, she realized any bruises she may have had already vanished. Was she dead?
Soon she heard the flap of wings overhead, and saw a Dragonite slowly descending towards her. The dragon introduced himself as the one who saved her, and told her that this place was safe for her to stay in. He took her deeper into the island, and there she saw a wide variety Dragon-type Pokemon flying, swimming, and frolicking around in peace. This place seemed like a paradise, but she couldn't help but hold her doubts. She was a Charmander, not a Kingdra, or Flygon, or Deino. She wasn't one of them, and yet a strange feeling in her gut made he feel like she was where she belonged. Maybe these were her people. Maybe she was home.
The Dragons took her in as one of their own, and showed her the ways of a Dragon. She naturally aced all of their tests as if she was one of them, except swimming of course. She felt free among her new family, and there she enjoyed a year of peace.
It was on another peaceful day that her world went to hell. PokeHunters far and wide caught wind of the existence of this island, and came in mass to hunt and capture these rare specimen to sell in the black markets. Nothing was left untouched. The Hunters stormed in on air crafts and Flying-type Pokemon. Salamences, Pidgeots, Skarmory, and even a Charizard that was once part of Ruby's old clan were sent out to capture the residential Dragons. The Dragon-types didn't give up without a fight however, and days of fighting went on as Ruby struggled to survive the horrors that she was seeing. Dragon-types who resisted intensely were killed instead of captured. In the end, Ruby and the Dragonite who originally brought her here were the only ones remaining. The hunters didn't care about capturing Ruby alive, since she wasn't an actual Dragon like the rest, so they decided to kill her off. Dragonite wouldn't have it however, and quickly carried Ruby off to the coast of the mainland as aircrafts and flying-types chased him down. Ruby safely landed, but Dragonite was brutally beaten at that point. She reluctantly ran for safety, leaving behind her dear friend as he was mutilated to death by the Charizard who followed them.
She kept running, running for help, for protection, for home. She was no longer being chased at that point; the hunters having lost interest in her, but her fears overcame her and she kept running in a panic because of paranoia. I found her lying in front of the entrance to Mt.Moon, near dead and tired. I immediately took her to a Pokemon Center where she was treated and then took her in as one of my own. She was reluctant to make herself a part of the team at first, but enough time went by that she eventually learned to trust us and opened up. She still remained a kind and gentle soul, despite all that she went through, but she has become fiercely protective of her new family, afraid that she will lose this one as well.

Special Training – Red Dragon (Dragon)
Ruby is proficient in the usage of Dragon moves, able to use Dragon-type attacks 10% faster while consuming 10% less energy, while her Fire and Flying-type attacks cost 10% more energy and take 10% longer to execute.
Attached Item: Charizardite X

Turqoise Level 5 Male Torkoal
Hidden Power (Grass)
Turq doesn't really much of his early childhood, having lost his parents by a raid of Golem in the Fiery Path. Turq was nearly killed as well when a wandering Squirtle came by and saved him just in time with his water capabilities. Now orphaned, the Squirtle befriended Turq and took him to his home. They travelled together through Hoenn, as the Squirtle gradually gained the Torkoal's trust. Finally they reached the shore of a beach that Turq's friend was from. The leader of the clan of Squirtle that lived there, a Blastoise, welcomed the fire turtle and treated Turq as one of their own. Due to the longevity of the Torkoal's life, his lifespan far exceeded that of his new brethren. He watched as generations of his dear friends' children pass, while he himself had much life in him. He grew to feel out of place with his comrades, the differences in their species evidently showing. Although he loves his family with all his heart, he knew he didn't belong there. After 60 years living on the shore, Turq honed his skills and went back to the Fiery Path to face his past. There he found the following generation of Golem and Graveler who had killed his parents. Deep anger swarmed within the Torkoal as the years of loneliness swelled up within him. He launched his attack on the group, though it wasn't the typical Fire attack that fumed out of him- it was Water. Scalding hot water poured from his snout as he drenched his old enemies. Single-handedly defeating them, Turq felt a weight lifted off his shoulder. He could finally feel at ease, but now he felt purposeless. After spending most of his life concentrating on getting his revenge, he know longer knew what to do with him. I found him on my travels through Hoenn, noticing the unique attribute the Torkoal had as I fought him and knew he would be a welcome addition to my team. After a fierce battle, I managed to catch him and over time- the Torkoal grew to find his purpose within the squad of his new teammates.

Type Change - I WILL BE SQUIRTLE!!!! (Water)
After spending years with a clan of Squirtle, Turqoise has learned to become similar to them, now having a Fire/Water-typing with the associated resistances and weaknesses. However, his inability to adapt to the rough waters that his brethren can weather continues to make him take super-effective damage from Water-type moves. He has learned Scald and Water Pulse, and since he hasn't spent much time with Fire-types growing up, he hasn't learned many Fire-type moves. These moves are: Inferno, Overheat, Heat Wave, and Eruption.

Shinka Level 5 Female Ninetales
Hidden Power (Water)
Shinka originally belonged to a Pokemon Ranger. The two of them regularly go on missions, but since these missions usually were in forests or other green-filled areas, it was quite dangerous for the fiery fox to tag along due to the fact that she could easily cause a forest fire. Eventually, Shinka grew too strong in her fire capabilities to hang around forests with her ranger owner- forcing the ranger to release her. I found her on my travels, looking sad and lost that her dear master abandoned her, so I decided to take her under my wing. But it took some time before she truly settled in. As time went on, I learned that Shinka is very carefree and happy-go-lucky but she's a loyal Pokemon to have by my side. I also learned that the time she spent in forests did not go in vain, in fact, she has learned quite a bit from it.
Special Training - Nature's Fox (Grass)
Due to the time Shinka spent in forests and interacting with the grass pokemon there, she has gained familiarity with the grass type. She has also learned how to use Seed Bomb and Giga Drain. She has never learned Attract, Swagger, Captivate, Endure, Double-Edge, Round, Return, and Frustration. Also, she has forgotten Incinerate, Fire Spin, and Overheat because she believes these moves are too destructive.

Bolmer Level 5 Male *Shiny* Camerupt
Hidden Power (Ground)
I was astounded when I hatched this Shiny Numel, having hatched several Numel in the past, Bolmer was the first to actually hold a permanent spot on the team. Bolmer, himself, is a rather mellow Numel and later Camerupt- not to be mistaken with the simple, dumb-witted nature that most of his species hold. A Numel/Camerupt of few words, Bolmer has little to say unless it's worth saying. He takes constant naps, and just lounges around when he's awake, leading the other members of my team to question why he's even deserving of a place on my team- seeing as he's been serving as merely a trophy thus far. Aside from the sparkly appeal of the Numel/Camerupt's shiny appearance, Charm is convinced that Bolmer will one day show his true colors and be of use. Later on Bolmer gradually grew an interest for battles and even came up with a clever way to make use of the lava in his hump.
Special Attack - Lava Prison (Fire)
Using considerable energy, Bolmer releases lava similarly to Lava Plume which rapidly cools in the air before landing on the foe for light fire damage with a 5% chance to burn. Though light in damage, the lava is released in a wide enough diameter cover the foe (or a very large portion of the foe if the foe is exceptionally large) as the lava quickly cools into molten rock. This molten rock casing greatly hinders the victim's movement for the next round before crumbling and dissipating into near nothingness. However, like Rock Tomb, the Lava Prison can be broken from the inside or out with moves that are considered strong enough to break a Rock Tomb. Bolmer can use this signature move up to three times per battle.
Old 12-30-2015, 09:56 PM   #3
Snorby
Snackin'

Thanks Charm, and good luck to ya. Thanks for reffing Stealthy.

Naturally, my squad is as boring as my shiny new gym would imply.

Nova: Level 5 Genderless Starmie
HP Grass

Baker: Level 1 Female Aerodactyl
HP Ground

Cain: Level 5 Male Rampardos
HP Water
Special Training: Fibroblast Healing
Cain has learned the moves Refresh and Recover. Cain has forgotten how to use Dig, Sandstorm, and Thunder.

Frieda: Level 6 Female Goodra (uplevel)
HP Ghost
Special Attack: Flash Bomb (XX)
Using Heavy energy, Frieda forms an orb and hurls it toward the opponent. Once nearby the opponent, it will explode, dealing Considerable damage and having a 20% chance to Burn, a 30% to Paralyze, and a 40% chance to Confuse the target. All of these statuses are rolled on separate RNGes. This attack is completely typeless, and therefore it is completely unaffected by type effectiveness in all ways. Flash Bomb has a fairly sizable blast radius, making it difficult to dodge. This attack may be used three times in a given battle. Frieda cannot use Shock Wave, Focus Punch, and Muddy Water.

Skippy: Level 5 Male Swampert
HP Flying
Special Training: Skip in FLAMES (FI)
Skippy has learned the moves Will-O-Wisp, Lava Plume, and Heat Crash due to his interactions with lava. He is very difficult to burn, and has enough fire energy for three Will-O-Wisps per battle. However, due to his time in hot environments, Skippy never learned the moves Blizzard, Ice Ball, Avalanche, and Dive.

Botticelli: Level 5 Male Blastoise
HP Grass
Blastoisinite Attached
Special Training: Koopa Troops (XX)
When using a physical attack, if it is ordered as Koopa![attack], Botticelli will fire an energy construct similar to a koopa shell imbued with the energy of the attack. The shell will be fired from his mouth as a Squirtle or Wartortle, and from his cannon(s) as a Blastoise. As a Mega Blastoise, these can be fired from his wrist cannons, his back cannon, or even all three at once. The attack retains all properties of the normal attack, just become a physical projectile version of the attack. For obvious reasons, grappling moves such as Seismic Toss and Strength cannot be ordered like this, nor can moves like Bite or Body Slam. It comes down to ref's discretion which exact moves can or cannot be used, but by and large any physical attack that could have its effects replicated by a Koopa shell will work. So, while the aforementioned stuff will not work, things like Earthquake, Gyro Ball, Dynamic Punch, Headbutt, and Iron Tail will work quite well. Attacks fired this way cost an extra light amount of energy.

Frieda will start us off, I suppose.

Click on Fawful for my ASB squad summary. Other links coming soon.
Snorby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 01:24 PM   #4
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Ruby, to the skies. Mega-evolve straightaway.

Spiral your ascension with a Dragon Twister. Then continue ascending with Dragon Dance.
Old 12-31-2015, 03:11 PM   #5
Snorby
Snackin'

Begin by hurling a Flash Bomb at her. If she's statused, take advantage with a QC Substitute, but if she's still healthy, see how she likes a Dragon Pulse.

Old 01-07-2016, 01:26 PM   #6
Stealthy
A New and Original Person

Round 1

>Charm mentions he's had trouble with bide
>Snorby jumps headfirst into the double bide matchup

So it's gonna be one of those.

Alrighty then.

Well we start off with Ruby, freshly mega evolved, hovering in the air, while Puff the Magic Dragon stares opposite from the ground. And with the a flash, the match begins with the Gym Leader's orders for Attack Pattern Kush. Ruby's wings blast a cyclone of energy (because that's how this attack works now) as she ascends higher up the volcano. Puff circles a bit slowly to the left, gritting through the brunt of the attack while protecting a bright nexus of energy. What bright nexus of energy? Why, it's a bright nexus of energy known as "bullshit sig".

Seriously, three status chances, hard to dodge, and does some mid-level damage. But no flash effect. Like come on.

Anyway, our magic dragon barrels through the twister and hurls the Lost Orb of Bullshit Mountain at Ruby, who swerves off of her attack into a reflex evasive maneuver, getting around the twinkling ball of energy, but oh wait its a timed explosive and goes boom anyway. Damn sigs.

Puff peers through the apparently not blinding or worth mentioning flash as her signature move explodes, checking to see if her opponent has been statused. And oh boy was she.

How statused you ask? Well, statused enough that she's both too paralyzed to fly and too confused to realize it. That girl is going down like a Malaysian Aeroplane and there ain't nothing stopping her but the cold hard ground. Meanwhile, the lovable Puff the magic dragon had poofed up a substitute, because a dragon falling out of the sky (and sadly not hitting a lava pool) is a pretty goddamn clear sign of that dragon being wracked by a status or two. Ruby, coming to as the copy pops into existence, roars and launches herself back into the air, spinning higher up in a traditional dragon flight pattern meant to intimidate other dragons pushing on other dragon's turf. Because Puff is all up in Ruby's house and Ruby ain't having none of that shit. Puff looks for her next set of orders as Ruby's display draws to a close, needing a response to that draconic callout.

Ruby's opened a lead and is boosted, fresh, and ready for more. She's a bit higher up and farther away from Frieda compared to when they started, but that could change easily given all the speed.

Snorby to order.
Old 01-07-2016, 04:43 PM   #7
Snorby
Snackin'

>First use of this sig
>2 Statuses
A mi me gusta mucho.

Dragonbreath into Dragon Pulse, instead using your sticky arms to try and latch onto your lighter foe with Outrage if she approaches, replacing either move.

Old 01-07-2016, 05:06 PM   #8
Charminions
Your reality is mine

You don't know how close I was to going "lol bide" again.

Defog that Dragon Breath back to its sub. Then swerve around the Pulse while striking with Dragon Rush.
Old 01-18-2016, 12:40 AM   #9
Stealthy

Round 2: NEUTRAL SPEED

Man. What a bothersome judgement call to start the round off with. Sucks when splitting hairs actually matters. Apologies for continually putting this off like a piece of shit.

So, The Reluctant Dragon begins by blowing any semblance of initiative with a conditional to react to Ruby, she seems a bit reluctant. She spurts out the most caustic bit of halitosis we've seen since Connor's morning breath. If you don't know what that smells like, well, just use your imagination. As the first flickers leave The Reluctant Dragon's maw, Ruby reacts with a lighting quick pair of wing flaps which are totally not Bide! Everybody is very proud of Charm.

The burst of wind eats at the stream of breath, thinning the misty flame out, but not enough of the dispersal hits the Imaginary Dragon to burst her substitute, while the remainder scorches Ruby. And once again, we have a momentary pause as Snorby's dragon seems a bit reluctant to attack at first. Oh boy. But soon, she once again spews things from her mouth, with waves streaming towards her quarry. I can only imagine how many people have mis-reffed this attack as a beam. Once again, Ruby reacts the second she sees the attack, swooping down, then swerving to the side. She arcs around arena, draconic energy gathering about her. Snorby's dragon tries to adjust her aim, but Ruby is moving so fast that she struggles to keep up. It appears her reluctance was not misplaced. Ruby collides into the substitute, being merely clipped by the dragon pulse, popping it open. She continues her glide, soaring higher up to a comfortable flying height and eyeing her opponent for real this time, looking to do some real damage.

Ruby's lead cut down a bit, but it's still there. Both dragons would do well to have an easier round, though Ruby would fare better than her opponent.
Old 01-18-2016, 07:44 PM   #10
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Flap(?) your ascension with a Dragon Twister. Evade what you can.
Old 01-18-2016, 08:32 PM   #11
Snorby
Snackin'

Flash Bomb, doing what you can to stay evasive.

Old 01-18-2016, 09:59 PM   #12
Stealthy

Round 3: I REFFED THIS SO FAST I DID IT TWO WEEKS AGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthy View Post
And with the a flash, the match begins with the Gym Leader's orders for Attack Pattern Kush. Ruby's wings blast a cyclone of energy (because that's how this attack works now) as she ascends higher up the volcano. Puff circles a bit slowly to the left, gritting through the brunt of the attack while protecting a bright nexus of energy. What bright nexus of energy? Why, it's a bright nexus of energy known as "bullshit sig".

Seriously, three status chances, hard to dodge, and does some mid-level damage. But no flash effect. Like come on.

Anyway, our magic dragon barrels through the twister and hurls the Lost Orb of Bullshit Mountain at Ruby, who swerves off of her attack into a reflex evasive maneuver, getting around the twinkling ball of energy, but oh wait its a timed explosive and goes boom anyway. Damn sigs.

Puff peers through the apparently not blinding or worth mentioning flash as her signature move explodes, checking to see if her opponent has been statused. And oh boy was she.

How statused you ask? Well, statused enough that she's both too paralyzed to fly and too confused to realize it. That girl is going down like a Malaysian Aeroplane and there ain't nothing stopping her but the cold hard ground. Meanwhile, the lovable Puff the magic dragon had poofed up a substitute, because a dragon falling out of the sky (and sadly not hitting a lava pool) is a pretty goddamn clear sign of that dragon being wracked by a status or two. Ruby, coming to as the copy pops into existence, roars and launches herself back into the air, spinning higher up in a traditional dragon flight pattern meant to intimidate other dragons pushing on other dragon's turf. Because Puff is all up in Ruby's house and Ruby ain't having none of that shit. Puff looks for her next set of orders as Ruby's display draws to a close, needing a response to that draconic callout.

Ruby's opened a lead and is boosted, fresh, and ready for more. She's a bit higher up and farther away from Frieda compared to when they started, but that could change easily given all the speed.
Ruby did a bit better at evading the attack this time because speed boost and remembering how it works, but whatever. Still took a nice hit. No status. Frieda is nearing the half point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthy View Post
Snorby to order.

Last edited by Stealthy; 01-18-2016 at 10:34 PM.
Old 01-19-2016, 12:40 AM   #13
Snorby
Snackin'

Return, Frieda.

Baker, in the air.

Stone Edge into Dragon Breath, doing what you need to to steer clear of the lava.

Old 01-19-2016, 01:28 PM   #14
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Cut around the stones while striking with Steel Wing. Then grab on and Seismic Toss her into a lava pool, submerging however much of yourself needed to make sure she gets dunked.

Last edited by Charminions; 01-19-2016 at 01:56 PM.
Charminions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 08:52 PM   #15
Stealthy

Round 4

Seeing that Charm just isn't falling for the Bide bait this time around, Snorby returns his dragon and sends out its replacement: Baker the Aerodactyl. With a few beats of her wings, Aerodactyl gets up to speed, soaring towards her opponent at the middle of the arena. Pockets of energy sprout in a ring about the pterodactyl, elongating and solidifying into sharp stone. Ruby soars with her back to Baker, tracing a wide circle. Her wings shine with a chrome casing, and the fresh Baker fires. Ruby swoops and ascends, trying to duck under the volley. But for the most part, Baker hits her mark. Ruby growls as her wings are pelted by the stones, though the metal casing does help with the damage.

At this point, the distance between the two is not much, and Ruby pushes forward, slashing her opponent with her hardened wings. Baker squeals in pain. The dragon pivots quite abruptly after smashing Baker with her wings, using her arms to quickly transition to her second move. She grabs hold of Baker and pins her wings, and then it's lava time. With focused strength, Ruby pushes the two avians towards the nearest lava pit on Snorby's side of the arena despite Baker's squawks and struggles. With an audible smack, Baker plunges into the searing lava. While crashing into a liquid rather than a solid saved her on damage from the Seismic Toss, the lava is certainly leaving its mark. Ruby emerges quickly, and is warmed but overall unscathed. A few beats later, and a very angry Aerodactyl erupts from the pit and strikes an unprepared Ruby with a stinging dragonbreath. Baker is fairly scorched. While most of her hide is lightly so, the more vulnerable leather of her wings suffered greatly. Particularly with the aggravating ambient heat of the arena, her flying will suffer.

Baker had a rough first round, but still holds a lead over Ruby, who's dropped below half. The two are in rather close range for fliers, with Ruby higher in the air. They're near the side of the arena, and have not really moved away from that lava pit.

Charm to order.
Old 01-27-2016, 06:08 PM   #16
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Aim an Ancient Power on her wing as you create distance. Fly to evade what you can without striking.
Old 01-27-2016, 06:24 PM   #17
Snorby
Snackin'

Smack Down, doing what you can to protect your injured wing. Follow by unloading a Dragon!Twister to take advantage of their limited flight. Make it a three by dropping Stone Edge on him.

Old 03-30-2016, 02:20 PM   #18
Snorby
Snackin'

Okay two months is long enough. Charm, would you prefer to queue this or cancel?

Old 04-08-2016, 06:12 AM   #19
Snorby
Snackin'

If someone could cancel this in the interest of moving Charm's queue along that'd be swell

Old 04-08-2016, 06:44 AM   #20
KamenAeons
What are you looking at?

Seeing as I'm next on the queue, dooon't mind if I do!

1 SP.

Also holy balls this was only four rounds?

Yukirin is awesome for doing this for me! And by Yukirin, I mean lilbleucorsola.
3DS FC: 1607 2923 7949

The Kamen Fleet (TL5 / A- Grade Referee) | Cameron Kalmia: Viridian's Maskmaker
Hizumi Yukikaze: Emerald Breeze~ | Tokikou Nobuyuki: Time Mage
Ludger Bullenaar: Bastion of Raji City | Helena Levinton: Violet Stitching
Shizuya Kasen: SHSL Armourer

Waifu Squadron and Explorers | Cavern of Chaotic Creativity

Paradise lies beyond the horizon, challenge it because it is unreachable.
Speak of the absolute territory, and grasp it with your hands.

SAAVE ME

FLOOF AND MOFUMOFU JUSTICE! *WHACK*

"Quit poking my face! >_<"
"Ahahaha, you'll never get rid of this! *hiss*"

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

"That was a terrible idea. But holy carp, this tastes pretty nice."

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Love burns brightly for one and all.

Please don't diss idols or fluffy things in my presence.
KamenAeons is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Gym Battles