UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Wild Future > Johto > Golden Lands

Old 09-06-2015, 04:47 PM   #76
Connor
Disillusioned

At the suggestion that they were a couple, Kaden immediately protests, and Sasha wears a coy grin on her face as she raises one eyebrow, crossing her arms and taking a step back. The man grins at this, but makes no further remarks, instead nodding at Kaden.

"Your caution is good, lad. Well placed, too. It'll keep you both safe that will. Well, I wish you a good and safe journey, but be alert. I've heard rumours of a bandit ring operating in the vicinity, picking of wary travelers between the towns. Better safe than sorry, as they always say."

With that, the man bows his head as a means of farewell, grabbing his cart and hurrying along on his way. Sasha stands until the trundling wheels are out of earshot, before looking towards Kaden with a mischievous grin.

"Bit quick to deny we were a couple there, weren't you?"

Not waiting for an answer, she calls to Blake, setting off along the path with Kaden in tow. The remainder of their journey goes without any major incidence, and they finally see the golden trees of Ecruteak slowly coming into view, making it to the city entrance before dark had fully taken the place. Everywhere was eerily quiet, the silence of night upon them, and Sasha breathes heavily of the clean air.

"Man, the air here is so much nicer. Not clogged like in Olivine."

Her tone makes it quite clear that she holds little sentiment for the place, and she turns to Kaden.

"Shall we bunker down at the Pokemon Center for the night?"
Old 09-07-2015, 02:33 PM   #77
Charminions
Your reality is mine

The man simply grins, not pressing the matter but complimenting the trainer's caution. He also warns them of a bandit ring that's targeting travelers around the area. He then grabs his cart and goes on his way, the duo standing still until he is out of view.

Sasha looks to Kaden with a grin, joking about how quick he was to deny they were a couple. The trainer opens his mouth in protest, but before he could respond Sasha calls to Blake and heads along their path. Grumbling quietly, Kaden shortly follows as they make it to the golden forest of Ecruteak without issue. No bandits so far, Kaden thinks to himself. If any of them showed up I'd have to actually do something about it now. He remembers his newly acquired title and the troublesome job that it entails.

They make it to the city just before the night touches the sky. Sasha takes in a deep breath, enjoying the cleaner air as she asks if they should sleep in the Pokemon Center for the night.

"Works for me. All that walking was exhausting," Kaden responds, entering the building.

They are greeted by a local nurse as Kaden displays his shiny new badge, "We were passing by and need a place to stay tonight." The nurse smiles and nods, ushering the two into a room with a queen sized bed before returning to her duties. "Should've asked for separate beds..." the trainer mutters, but his tiredness overtakes him, "Oh well." He collapses onto a side of the bed, snoozing through the night and into the next morning.

Last edited by Charminions; 09-11-2015 at 01:31 PM.
Charminions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 02:57 PM   #78
Connor
Disillusioned

Checking into the Pokemon Center for the night, Kaden and Sasha make their way towards their given room, and on seeing the Queen sized bed, the young officer immediately blushes, stammering out her protestation, but it becomes quickly evident that she wasn't going to get her own way. Clambering in, she makes sure to stay as distanced from Kaden as she can, turning to him with a scowling face before falling clean asleep.

"No fucking funny business."

With the night passing uneventful, the two trainers wake early the next morning, with Kaden noticing Sasha already going about her morning routine. Joining her, the two are soon checking out of the Pokemon Center, with Sasha rushing out into the fresh air of Ecruteak. Looking all around her, she becomes dazzled by the sight of the golden leaves in the morning sun, her eyes widened and fixated. It is evident that what Mayfair had said rang true - despite her gifts, she had seen little of the world. Managing to drag herself from her trance, Sasha walks back over towards Kaden, using her hand to shield her mouth as she utters a sharp cough.

"Alright then, how do we want to go about our business today? Want to check out the Golden Forest? Or do you have other things in mind? I'll tag along whichever you choose."
Old 09-12-2015, 05:25 PM   #79
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Warning Kaden not to try something, the two fall soundly asleep before waking up early in the morning. Sasha, wakes up first, going about her morning routine as Kaden stumbles out of bed with a groan. He rubs his eyes before changing into fresher clothes. Choosing an attire of black jeans, quite ripped from travel, and a white tee with a red/black flannel on top, he straps his bag over his shoulder and makes his way outside to see Sasha already there.

She looks around with wonder, making it quite clear she hasn't seen much of the world before. She soon snaps back to reality, walking over to Kaden and asking him where he'd like to go.

Kaden looks around the city, almost immediately noticing the Tin Tower standing tall and proud. The trainer thinks back to the bed time stories his mother would tell him. The lore of the Tin and Brass Towers of Ecruteak echoed through his brain in his mother's voice.

"I've always wanted to visit the towers of Ecruteak. The Brass one is all in ruins so it should be easy to check out that one first. It shouldn't be too far from the Tin Tower," he decides.
Old 09-13-2015, 01:05 PM   #80
Connor
Disillusioned

Sasha frowns as Kaden mentions the Brass Tower, her eyebrows raising as he lips curve downwards. Standing with a hip dropped, she crosses her arms, pursing her lips with distaste.

"You really want to go poking around that ruined old building? I never had you pegged as the type. Whatever you say, though. Come on, let's get going."

With that, she turns on her heels, heading towards the far end of town. As she walks, she looks over her shoulder to make sure Kaden is following, a wide grin on her face as she walks away.

Finally arriving at the entrance to the Burned Tower, the pair move to head in, but a loud voice calls to them from behind. Turning, Sasha looks puzzled as an elderly man in traditional robes slowly shuffles forwards. His heavy set eyebrows seem to dominate his facial features, only offset by the huge white beard growing from his chin. His eyes poke out from behind his wrinkles, two inlaid sapphires shining at the two people standing before him. His robes are dyed the traditional golden hue of his native town, with a thickened purple rope fastened around the waist. Greeting the two with a bow and a wide grin, the rather enigmatic man finally introduces himself.

"Greetings, young trainers. My name is Hide Nakata. I'm the custodian of the Brass - or Burned - Tower. While I am sure that you are more than capable explorers ... I feel I must warn you that there have been ... shall we say untoward fellows loitering around the place as of late. I am not really sure I in complete confidence can recommend exploring it's remnants to a couple like yourself."
Old 09-26-2015, 03:40 PM   #81
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Sasha doesn't seem too keen on the idea, stating she's surprised Kaden had an interest in poking around some old ruins. "Yeah, well, that's where I want to go," Kaden grunts, not feeling the need to explain himself.

She sets off towards the other end of town, Kaden following along. With a wide grin, she briefly looks back before continuing on.

Now at the entrance, an elderly man in golden robes approaches them- his bushy eyebrows and huge chin beard dominating his face. He introduces himself as Hide Nakata, a custodian of the Burned Tower. He warns them of hooligans loitering the place and states that exploring the area might be dangerous before making an assumption that they're a couple.

Every one thinks we're a couple... Kaden rolls his eyes, deciding to ignore the last bit this time, he instead flashes his badge.

"We can handle any idiots in there."

He then turns to Sasha. "Let's get going," he says, making his way through the entrance.
Old 10-18-2015, 06:59 AM   #82
Connor
Disillusioned

The old man seems to prickle somewhat as Kaden waves away his warnings about the strange men within the tower, but he quickly masks the emotion, smiling warmly and placing his hands together. With a low, calculated motion, he respectfully bows, before raising again and this time smiling sincerely with his eyes.

"I do wish you both the best of safety."

With that, he turns, and gingerly shuffles off into the distance, though his words hang in the air. As Kaden turns towards Sasha, she seems apprehensive, Nakata's words having gotten to her somewhat, but as Kaden calls for her to follow him, she shakes her head, chasing the thoughts from her mind. The young officer hurries through the entrance with Kaden, and the pair find themselves within the expansive - albeit run down - lobby of the tower.

Blackened wood extends on all sides, the dark hue of the structure giving indication that it might not be as sturdy as it once was. The distinct smell of ash hangs in the air, cloying the normally pure atmosphere of Ecruteak and making each breath harsh on the lungs. Sasha grunts as the air begins to get to her, and the shifting shadows set her on edge.

"Hang on. Before we go further, I want to make sure."

Grabbing at her bag, she pulls an orb from within, summoning Blake from within. The Luxio gives a low, rumbling growl as he comes into the air, but it was merely an announcement, nothing more. With her nerves somewhat calmed, Sasha allows the group to continue onward deeper into the Tower, and they soon find a means of descending deeper into the basement of the structure. A set of stairs slowly sinks into the ground, but as Sasha walks towards them, a horrifying sound rips through the air.

Wood splinters, and time abruptly dilates. Sasha is left hanging in mid air, her head turning over her shoulders to look towards Kaden. A distinct fear is etched within her gaze as she barely manages to cry out, and Blake roars in fury as his trainer disappears with a sudden crash. Rushing towards the hole left in the boards where Sasha disappeared, Kaden can make her out in the depths of the building. Huddled in a small ball, she had mercifully broken her fall with some discarded planks of wood, but she was clearly unconscious, despite her chest rising and falling rhythmically.
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 03:33 PM   #83
Charminions
Your reality is mine

OOC: Got plenty of time now to get back into this.

The old man smiles, wishing them safety before bowing out. His words seem to scare Sasha a bit, but the duo continue into the the dark lobby. Before they continue to the lower levels, Sasha sends out Blake.

"Good call," Kaden remarks, looking into his bag as he pulls out his own Pokeball. Clicking it open, Raiden pops out with a cheerful cry. He looks back into his bag and pulls out a Muscle Band. "Hmm, forgot I had this. Here, this should make you a little stronger," he attaches the band onto the Shinx.

With that done, they trek down the stairs when suddenly some wood splits and Sasha looks back at Kaden in fear before falling through the broken wood. Kaden and the Pokemon rush to the hole to see her unconscious on a pile of planks, but fortunately still breathing.

"Oh fuck, Mayfair is gonna kill me!" he pulls out an Escape Rope and ties it to what he assumes will be a sturdy piece of wood before letting it dangle through the hole. He then turns his attention to the Electric-types, "You two, jump over this hole and continue on down and try to meet up with us."

He puts on a pair of leather gloves from his bag and grips the rope, tugging it a few times to check its stability as he takes in a deep breath before steadily sliding down. What am I even supposed to do when I reach her? he thinks to himself, but shakes the thought out, at the very least I'll check to see if she can wake up.

Last edited by Charminions; 12-28-2015 at 03:44 PM.
Old 01-07-2016, 01:31 PM   #84
Connor
Disillusioned

With the day having gone from simple to troubling in all of a few minutes, Kaden reacts quickly, giving orders to the evolutionary brothers to scout ahead and try find a way down to Sasha and himself. Growling in ascent to the task, they dart off, Blake leading the way thanks to his more developed form allowing him greater power. Watching them leave, Kaden takes an Escape Rope from his backpack, uncertainly affixing one end to a rather sturdy looking piece of timber. Walking near to the edge of the newly opened hole, he gingerly tests his weight against the hold of the rope, happy to find that it could take him quite comfortably. From there, he began his short descent, moving slowly at first as he finds his feet. Eventually though, he touches down comfortably next to Sasha, and he crouches down next to her, gently shaking her so as to try and wake her. Stirring slightly, she mumbles, swatting the hand of Kaden away and turning over, but a second, sharper jolt sees her groggily coming round. Slowly, she attempts to sit up, swaying slightly as the wooziness in her head persists, but as some clarity comes to her eyes, they widen abruptly.

Pointing over the shoulder of Kaden, Sasha nudges her elbow into his ribs to gain his attention, and as he turns, his stomach drops out. Standing over the edge of the pit was a rather sinister looking man, his hair braided with small silver beads hanging at the end of each braid. One of his eyes bore a gnarly scar which stretched over right side of his face and down his cheek, with the eyelid closed, presumably blind in that eye. He was of a rather large stature, certainly taller than Kaden, and his clothes were both simple yet eccentric. He wore a dark brown tunic, but over that was draped a flaring white cape. Altogether an intimidating presence, but what really exemplified terror from this man was his twisted smile ... and the rather large, curved knife he held in his right hand. In a single motion, he bent down, grabbing the Escape Rope Kaden had used and slicing through the entwined rope in a single, practiced slice. Dropping the rope into the pit, the man guffaws as he turns to leave without a word, leaving the pair trapped. Looking around, Kaden can see no simple escape route, the only one available to them to press further in and attempt to reunite with Blake and Raiden.
Old 01-07-2016, 04:53 PM   #85
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Upon reaching Sasha, Kaden checks on her by gently shaking her. She mumbles and stirs, slapping away Kaden's hand as she turns over to continue snoozing- eliciting a stronger shake from Kaden which wakes her up.

"Good, can't have your death on my hands," Kaden grumbles, though he's actually relieved nothing worse happened.

Still woozy, Sasha takes some time to clear her head when she realizes something over Kaden's shoulder. Nudging him in that direction, he sees a frightening figure of a man. The man's hair is braided with silver beads at the end of each braid. A scar marks over one of his eyes that stretches down his face. He bore a simple dark brown tunic, with a vibrant flaming white cape draped over. The man's twisted smile and curved knife adds to the hostile vibe he's giving off. In a mere moment he cuts Kaden's Escape Rope, laughing to himself at his handy work before leaving without a word.

Now trapped, Kaden grumbles softly, picking what's left of his Escape Rope and putting it away in his bag. Looking ahead, he realizes that going forward was their only option out of here.

"If you can move, we should start heading on. Blake and Raiden are looking for us," Kaden reaches into his bag to pull out a new companion. Releasing the Pokeball, Melos the Magnemite pops out with a happy buzz. "We don't know when we'll find them in here, so some protection would be useful..." he starts walking, "...especially with that fucking creep lurking around."
Old 01-18-2016, 07:16 PM   #86
Connor
Disillusioned

Having managed to secure Sasha for now, Kaden suggests they get moving as he calls his newest addition to his team out into the open. Melos clanks mechanically as he hovers into the air, the soft thrum of his propulsion filling the surroundings, and Sasha nods as Kaden begins to walk, but she abruptly calls out. Turning, Kaden notices her crashing back down to the ground, and on closer inspection it becomes rather evident that she had managed to hurt her knee rather badly in the fall. She looks sheepish as she realises the need to rely on Kaden for support, but gingerly takes hold of his shoulder anyway, allowing the two to begin making progress through the depths of the Tower.

After walking for a few moments, they finally come towards a crossroads of sorts. Standing in what was presumably at one point a hallway, the trio look left and right, assessing the options before them. To their left was a set of stairs which would take them closer to the upper levels, but the stability of the wood was questionable. The fire damage had managed to reach here, and the wood was clearly in rather bad condition, charred in places. The option to their right proposed going deeper ... and seemed to have an altogether sinister vibe about it. A faint purple haze hung in the air, and as Sasha peered down the corridor, she looked towards Kaden, raising an eyebrow in an all too familiar fashion. She was curious.

"I'm voting for the right path. It's down to you what you choose, but that is too creepy. I think there might be something going on here."
Old 01-18-2016, 08:17 PM   #87
Charminions
Your reality is mine

As they begin walking, Sasha falls again- spurring a grunt out of Kaden as he runs over to inspect what could be wrong. Upon a closer look he realizes her knee is busted.

With a sigh, Kaden kneels down beside her, "C'mon, I'll support you." Sasha doesn't seem too happy about needing his help either, but reluctantly grabs onto his shoulder.

They make their way deeper into the Tower until they reach a diverged path. One is an unstable looking set of stairs that lead upward, while the other option is to go further into a creepy, purple fog-coated hallway. Sasha expresses she would like to go through this path, suggesting something is definitely going that they should look into.

"We'll go right... but only because I don't see us going up that flight of stairs without at least one of us falling on our asses again," Kaden decides before turning to the Magnemite, "Stay sharp, Melos. Who knows if that guy or something worse will pop up in there."
Old 01-20-2016, 08:37 AM   #88
Connor
Disillusioned

On mention of Sasha's possible inability to scale the stairs, the young officer shoots Kaden the kind of look that could kill, before evidently realising her current state of dependence and looking away embarrassed again. Clicking her tongue with distaste, she nods, clearly quite disgruntled.

"Yeah, alright. Let's get on with it. Something isn't right here, and we need to find out what."

With that said, the group begin their way down the long corridor, the purple fumes slowly becoming more dense as they move their way along the corridor. Though somewhat choking to the smell, they seemed inert, with no adverse effects taking hold as they ventured further. Determined to protect his trainer and show himself a worthy part of the team, Melos leads the way, the small sparks flickering from the magnets of the Magnemite allowing for some illumination amid the darkness. Finally, the group come into a rather large room, the area cavernous - presumably some sort of underground store during the times the Tower was in it's prime. What struck the group as odd, however, were the inhabitants.

Littered around were numerous Koffing, each of them looking towards the center of the room. Each of them wore an obviously concerned face, and the reason soon became evident. Hovering feebly in the center, just above a sizable hole in the wooden flooring of the basement, was a Weezing. The poor fellow looked to be in a horrible state, scuffed marks appearing all over the surface of his body, and the gases escaping his hollow insides were gently trickling out, no real force behind them beyond maintaining altitude. Beside him, a small Koffing - smaller than the rest in the room, by any right - was nudging him gently, clearly focusing on trying to get him back on his feet, so to say. Turning, she notices the intruders, and inflates herself using her gases, clearly trying to put off these new intruders from advancing any further.
Old 01-20-2016, 08:51 PM   #89
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Sasha gives Kaden a deathly look for the snarky comment, but the trainer shrugs it off as Sasha is forced to rely on him for the time being.

They walk down the right of the two paths, the purple fog thickening the further they go in. Melos lights the way with small sparks circulating him as vision gets more difficult for the group. Eventually they reach a large room that looks to have been an underground store for the Tower before it fell to ruins.

Kaden looks around pretty intrigued by what he sees when he notices several Koffing in the room. They are all looking to the center where a weakened Weezing is barely keeping himself up. Next to the Weezing is a rather small Koffing who's trying desperately to help the Weezing float. Noticing the group, she inflates herself and releases her gases in an attempt to ward them off.

"Well, isn't this great? I guess we can't cross without being attacked unless they know we're not hostile," he shuffles through his bag in the hopes of finding something that could help the situation. He notices a Sitrus Berry sitting in the corner. This could help that Weezing get some of his strength back, he thinks, picking it up.

He raises his hands up to show his peaceful intentions, the berry held in one of his hands to grab their attention. He then takes a cautious step forward, holding the berry to the ground before rolling it towards the Weezing in the hopes that he would feel non-threatened enough to eat it.

Last edited by Charminions; 01-20-2016 at 09:57 PM.
Old 01-23-2016, 01:55 PM   #90
Connor
Disillusioned

Wanting to make his intentions clear for the rather annoyed Koffing before him, Kaden slowly advances with one hand held up, holding out the Sitrus Berry for the youngster to see. As she eyes it, she falters somewhat, but she once again inflates herself as Kaden gradually continues to approach. The abrupt stop causes Sasha to gasp as pain shoots through her knee, and the sound brings the other Koffing to attention, each of them turning towards these new intruders and narrowing their eyes. As they do, the smell in the room takes an ominously sinister note, and Sasha immediately panics.

"They're mixing poison with the gases. We don't have long. Let me try something."

Staggering forwards, Sasha takes the Sitrus Berry from Kaden, shuffling gingerly to the floor and approaching while making eye contact. The Koffing guarding the Weezing seems much more taken off guard by this, and she droops closer to the ground, inspecting the berry clasped in Sasha's hands. On closer look, she realises what it was, and with a startled grunt, issues hurried orders to her comrades, the nasty smell dissipating shortly after. Sighing with relief, Sasha turns to the Weezing, offering the Sitrus Berry and making sure the Poison type ate heartily. After a few rushed mouthfuls, the restorative takes effect, gases once again flooding from his innards. The pit below him soon floods with gases once again, but as Kaden approaches, Sasha clearly has something to say.

"There was something in the pit. I didn't get a great look, but it was sparkling. May have some value. Reckon that's what the weird guy from earlier is after? It would explain the condition of the Weezing, if he's guarding it."
Old 01-23-2016, 07:52 PM   #91
Charminions
Your reality is mine

The little Koffing inflates herself as Kaden approaches, causing him and Sasha to stop. This stop, however, causes Sasha to gasp in pain. All the Koffing in the room then turn their attention to the duo with unfriendly looks. The room's scent turns for the worse as Sasha starts to panic, stating that poison is being mixed with the gases.

She takes the Sitrus Berry from Kaden, dropping to the floor as she aproaches the small Koffing while keeping eye contact. The Koffing realizes what she's holding and halts the other Koffing from continuing their poison spewing. With a sigh, Sasha then offers and feeds the Weezing, which causes more gas to flow out from him as a sign of his health renewing.

With raised eyebrows, Kaden watches as this goes on. Surprised by how effective Sasha was at dissipating the situation, he holds himself from any outward compliments and merely comments, "That was close..."

Sasha mentions how there is something in the pit below the Weezing that was sparkling and how it's probably valuable to the weirdo from earlier.

"If he's guarding it, it's probably best we leave it alone. Let's keep going, there's bound to be some clues."
Old 03-21-2016, 03:36 PM   #92
Connor
Disillusioned

Sasha frowns as Kaden mentions moving on immediately, crossing her arms stubbornly and glaring at the young man. Tapping her arm for a moment, waiting to see if he caught the hint, she finally sighs heavily, shaking her head and pointedly stabbing at the air with her finger.

"Don't you get it? If that weirdo was happy enough to send us tumbling because he was snooping around, chances are he's the one who left Weezing in this condition. He's not above hurting Pokemon to get to what he wants - and I don't understand any other reason for him to be waltzing around here in the way he has been. I say we meet up with our other Pokemon and try to find the asshole - be it by wandering around after him or planning an ambush here."

As Sasha speaks, the Koffing surrounding them seem to voice an agreement for her words, each of them bellowing a rather tuneful melody, the previously noxious fumes now doing little to encumber the breathing of those in the room. As they do, the Weezing turns towards Kaden himself, both heads of the Poison type looking towards Kaden somewhat expectantly, a stoic expression nailed to his face.
Old 06-21-2016, 08:42 PM   #93
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Sasha looks disappointed as Kaden seems to have missed the hint. She explains that the strange man from earlier isn't above hurting people or Pokemon to get his wish and that they should meet up with their Pokemon to either look for him or ambush him.

"Hmm," Kaden mulls it over, weighing his options. "You're right, that dude will probably come back here to get that object Weezing is protecting. Let's stay over here and plan the ambush. Our Pokemon will have a better chance of finding us if we're stationary anyway. Besides, you could rest your knee while we're here."

The trainer then looks over to his Magnemite, "Keep a sharp eye out, Melos. Let us know if you sense any presence and give that creep a dose of Thunder Wave if you see him coming."

Melos buzzes in response, levitating a bit higher as he scans the area for intruders.
Old 06-24-2016, 03:57 AM   #94
Connor
Disillusioned

With Kaden having decided to, for the time being, hold a vantage in the basement area for now, Sasha sighs with relief. The young officer gingerly hobbles over towards one of the two entrances to the room, indicating for Kaden to stand at the other. With their positions taken up, and Melos hovering at the center at the room, his keen senses focusing intently, the group are left simply waiting for something to happen. Nothing much does, for quite a while, and Kaden finds himself being joined by one of the many Koffing within the room. By her size, she is immediately recognisable as the Koffing Kaden has first come across, and her expression was grim as she positioned herself just above the head of the trainer. It was evident she wanted the guy who had hurt Weezing captured, and she wasn't comfortable just allowing outsiders to do all the work.

A few more minutes pass before any other notable changes occur. Nothing had managed to reach the ears of either Kaden or Sasha yet, but without warning, Melos whips round and approaches the entrance Sasha was guarding. The young officer startles at this, but quickly regains her composure, forcing herself to full height and ready to tackle whoever appeared. Melos himself began to crackle with a virulent yellow energy, waiting to incapacitate the intruder alongside Sasha. However, as quickly as he was put on high alert, Melos relaxes. With a yowl, Blake comes rushing through the entrance, followed quickly by Raiden. Each of them, crackle with their natural energies, but as soon as they realise their trainers are not in any immediate danger, they go to reunite. Sasha chuckles as Blake nudges at her affectionately, the Luxio clearly worried about his trainer. Moving over towards Kaden with some obvious discomfort with does not go unremarked by Blake, the young officer lays out their options.

"What do we do now? The way I see it, we have a few options. We could both remain cooped up in here, waiting for that bastard, but he might escape while we wait. We could both go lookingg for him, but then we risk the possibility of him navigating around us and getting to Weezing. The third, and probably most risky depending on the creeps strength, would be us splitting up. One of us to guard the Weezing, one of us to look for and apprehend him. Your call."
Old 08-13-2016, 06:35 PM   #95
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Sasha seems relieved that Kaden decided they should stay put, as the two trainers take guard duty on each of the entrances to the room. Melos floats in the center of the room as the group waits for quite a while. The small Koffing from earlier heads over to Kaden, floating above him as she guards the entrance with him. The trainer lets out a brief snicker at the Koffing's effort, but remains silent as more time goes by.

Melos suddenly jerks to Sasha's position, noticing a presence the trainers couldn't. This catches Sasha off guard for a quick second before she readies herself for the worst. Fortunately for her and Kaden, what shows up are a familiar Luxio and Shinx.

"Looks like we'll be fighting with greater numbers," Kaden smirks as Raiden approaches him with a happy bark.

Sasha meanwhile reunites with Blake before wobbling over to Kaden to suggest some options.

"You and Blake stay here and protect the Weezing, we'll go after him," the trainer looks over to Raiden and Melos. "Your knee would be a liability if you came with us, and I'd rather we be as efficient as possible... Once I've apprehended him, I'll meet back up with you here."
Old 08-21-2016, 07:46 AM   #96
Connor
Disillusioned

Blake growls his agreement to the plan proposed by Kaden, and while Sasha seems initially reluctant to agree - no doubt in refusal to being given the 'easy' job - she eventually relents with a heavy sigh. She shuffles over to a nearby wall, positioning herself right next to the entrance Kaden was intending to leave by.

"This way if he enters through here, he won't see me immediately and Blake can jump him. Conversely, if he enters through the other doorway, I'll see him coming and it'll be equal footing."

Blake growls his acknowledgement, taking a moment to nod at Raiden, the air between the two feeling like one of mutual respect now - the time together had no doubt helped them forge something of a bond. Raiden mewls back a response before leaping towards the nearest corridor opening. With that done, Kaden steps into the unknown alongside his starter.

At first, nothing seems to be untoward. The corridor opens up a little into the more roomy kind of 'street' almost, with the rafters overhead looking to be in surprisingly good condition given the fate of the rest of the tower. This seemed in part due to the blaze not managing to penetrate into the underground, though it is quite evident that in places some restoration effort had be made. As they continue along this area, they climb a little higher through a few staircases, until they are finally back on the ground level. A quick look around sees Kaden and Raiden situated in an expansive room - likely adjacent to the entrance room. As they make their way through the room though, Kaden finds himself becoming increasingly weak. The reason isn't certain, but he can feel his strength fading with every passing moment, and Raiden becoming increasingly worried for his trainer.
Old 08-22-2016, 05:23 PM   #97
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Sasha reluctantly accepts the decision, hobbling over to the entrance nearest to Kaden and stating her plan of attack should the enemy come.

Blake gives a quick nod to Raiden who responds with a soft bark, the two seeming to have bonded over the time they spent looking for their trainers. Kaden doesn't take the time to note it, moving onward with their mission as Raiden follows behind.

They walk along the corridor and Kaden takes note of the relative good condition of the area compared to the rest of the rubble. After climbing a few staircases, they make their way to a large room on the ground floor when Kaden suddenly starts feeling weaker by the second. What in the- the trainer stumbles, not sure what's going on with him.

"R-Raiden, stay sharp-" Kaden tries to say before the last of his strength leaves him.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:36 AM   #98
Connor
Disillusioned

As Kaden comes round from his abrupt consciousness, the first thing he realises is that the surroundings have changed entirely. He seemed to have been moved to another, much smaller room. The place was barely lit, so visibility wasn't great, but Kaden could see what seemed to resemble some sort of alter at the far end of the room. The door leading out of the area was situated between himself and the alter, but as he tried to move, he realised that he was bound. A rope was tightened around his body, binding his arms to his back, but the knot seemed rather messy and rushed. He had some movement within his hands and arms, but not at all much budging room. He would be able to access the Poke Ball containing Melos, but not without some difficulty. Alternatively, there was a small piece of somewhat bent metal - but the shape of it clearly indicated that it was part of a knife at one point. If Kaden could manage to get to it in some way, he might be able to cut through the ropes. As he considers the options laid before him, a familiar noise indicates that he may not have time to languish. The unmistakable sounds of battle emanated from the other side of the door, and the growling tones being interspersed with hisses of pain were similarly gut wrenching.

Raiden.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Wild Future > Johto > Golden Lands