UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 05-17-2007, 01:52 PM   #326
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Re: Pokemon diamond and pearl.

Yes I do. What do you want the Metal Coat on?
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 02:03 PM   #327
quilava plush
Boulder Badge

Send a message via AIM to quilava plush Send a message via MSN to quilava plush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87
Yes I do. What do you want the Metal Coat on?
Doesn't matter. I'm cool with a random Starly.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:42 PM   #328
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I don't have a random Starly. But I'll take that to mean "anything works." So, here comes something. I'll head over right now.

EDIT: Ah man, you were reading the thread as I lately clicked "Post Reply," but by the time it submitted, you were gone. >_<
Old 05-17-2007, 03:04 PM   #329
SulcataIxlude
Cascade Badge

Send a message via AIM to SulcataIxlude Send a message via MSN to SulcataIxlude Send a message via Yahoo to SulcataIxlude

I finished ev training my adamant rhyhorn, so now I am getting ready to ev train my adamant ralts. Btw anyone here have a extra dawn stone on hand? I can find a decent Pogeyman to trade to ya for exchange for one.
SulcataIxlude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 03:07 PM   #330
Talon87
時の彼方へ

If by "decent" you mean Squirtle, Charmander, or a legendary. XD I think I have 2 or 3 Dawn. I know I have 3 Dusk (and would have had 4) and I have 5 Shiny (after giving your brother my sixth). Level 92 Linoone rocks.
Old 05-17-2007, 03:12 PM   #331
SulcataIxlude
Cascade Badge

Send a message via AIM to SulcataIxlude Send a message via MSN to SulcataIxlude Send a message via Yahoo to SulcataIxlude

I can give you a charmander here in a hour talon if that works? I can play leaf green, nab charmander and seven random pogeymen, pal park them, catch them, and then give ya the flaming lizard of death.
Old 05-17-2007, 03:16 PM   #332
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Well, we'll see. q_p was saying she had a Charmander, but ... no sign of her. I just signed off the WiFi after leaving it on since my post telling her I'd go on.
Old 05-17-2007, 03:18 PM   #333
SulcataIxlude
Cascade Badge

Oh ok would a aerodactyl work instead? ;)
Old 05-17-2007, 03:47 PM   #334
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Aerodactyl would work just great. Is it Aerodactyl in exchange for a Dawn Stone? Is that the deal?

(Dawn = the blue one which gets your Froslass) I really wish they had called the Shiny Stone the "Dawn" Stone, because I think of Togekiss and Roserade as "light-type Pokemon" to contrast the "dark" Mismagius and Honchkrow; while Frosloss is just a freak with her Awakening Stone (which became "Dawn Stone" O_o).
Old 05-17-2007, 04:23 PM   #335
quilava plush
Boulder Badge

I have Charmander ready, and I'll pretty much be online more consistently starting now.
Old 05-17-2007, 04:55 PM   #336
Skrusti
Boulder Badge

Sorry I wasn't on Wifi last night, Talon, as I had to go AFK for about twenty minutes and didn't think to check UPN when i got back on the computer.

But, I'm now ready anytime you are :o
Old 05-17-2007, 05:02 PM   #337
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I'm going on now. -.- *mutters something like, "Haven't gotten to play all day today, just been here, making deals with people to come online and then wondering where the hell they vanished to ..."*

I have ...................................

- a Metal Coat on a Spearow for quilava_plush; receiving a Charmander
- a male Hustling Togepi for Skrusti; receiving anything
- a Dawn Stone for SI; receiving an Aerodactyl

Hopefully ONE OF YOU will be on when I go on right now. -.-
Old 05-17-2007, 05:09 PM   #338
quilava plush
Boulder Badge

Wi-fi (rather, my connection) is being a 'tard, but I'll try to get back on. >_>

EDIT: Thanks for the Coat, by the way.
Old 05-17-2007, 05:18 PM   #339
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Yeah, I saw that. ¬¬ Thanks for the Charmander!

Where is Skrusti? Seriously, guys (and this goes to EVERYBODY), don't say you're going to be on minutes after your post if you're not going to be! I've been burned by this so many times by FOUR PEOPLE (Thad, quilava_plush, SulcataIxlude, and Skrusti). I'm sure each of you have your own reasons, but for CHRIST'S SAKE, four people (and more than as many times!) in under 24 hours. Please. Don't say things like "I'm on right now " and then not be. I am on. I have a DS sitting next to me right now that says "Momoko.................................TRADE" and has said that for SEVERAL HOURS of the past 24. When you say things like "Come on right now! ", and then you don't do it yourself, it's so rude because it forks me over while you get to go have fun.

Anyway ... I am now going to say, I have to go to dinner. I am closing the DS connection as soon as I see this post made it through successfully. Don't even try to say I haven't tried or been patient. -.-

EDIT: 6:37pm EST, back. I can check the forum for 15 minutes and then I have to sign off. If you want to arrange a time, by all means, any time between now and 2am EST works. BUT YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR WORD. I can't come online to verify. If I get stood up again, no future trades, ever. I'm seriously pissed about how many times I've been let down in the last 24 hours by people. D:
Old 05-17-2007, 06:15 PM   #340
Skrusti
Boulder Badge

Only problem is, Talon, I never said that I was on/going to BE on. I said "I'm now ready" meaning "we figure out a time, I'll hop on Wifi."

I'm not going to sit on there for hours because it eats up my internets, and I unfortuantly can't do that since my mom also uses the nets.

So, seriously, don't get all haughty about it. It's not really a big deal, it's a game. And to make it a big deal is folly, it really is. You're treating it like we're going on a date and we stood you up. o_O;
Old 05-17-2007, 09:10 PM   #341
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I'm not upset about the game, I'm upset about being stood up. I lost an entire day because people couldn't keep up their end of the bargain. While everyone else watched TV, went to the movies, flew a kite, read a book, or played Pokeyman, I sat in front of a monitor whiling away the time chatting to Kuno about how bitter I was that nobody who had begged me to trade was around.

In other news, I got my 2nd Azelf today, so I suppose it all balances out ... read below ...
================================================== =========================

After dinner, I went on to the GTS to see if there were any hot deals. Suddenly, I saw one that caught my eye: "Dialga @ Level 47 w/ Adamant Orb. Want Drifloon. Level 9 or lower. Male." So I signed off the GTS quick as lightning, flew to Solaceon, threw my Level 22 Drifloon and Level 79 Ditto in together, and said, "MAKE LOVE!" It took me six eggs before I got my first male, and I knew by that time that the deal would be gone. But I flew back to the GTS hopeful all the same. Gone.

Looking for deals, I saw a new one. "Dialga @ Level 47 w/ Adamant Orb. Want Rampardos. Level 40 or higher. Any gender." So I signed off again and checked out my Rampardos. Damn, he's only Level 30! I put Exp.Share on him and flew to the Battle Island. Several creatures (and many minutes) later, he was only at Level 32. I said, "Screw it, it's not worth it, the Dialga's probably gone by now anyway. -_-;"

When I got back to the GTS, I discovered two things. The first was that the Dialga was still there. Interesting. The second was Azelf. "Azelf @ Level 50. Want Dratini. Any level. Any gender." IMMEDIATELY, I clicked on it, scrolled over to my GTS box, and selected one of my three spare Dratini girls. GO GO GO! And away it went -- I succeeded. The deal was initiated, and before long, concluded. Azelf was mine.

My initial feelings of joy and accomplishment were soon washed away by a wave of guilt and horror as I discovered that this Azelf had been captured in a Master Ball and had four moves: Thunder, Shadow Ball, Future Sight, and Psychic. This was no "I hate Azelf and want a cooler creature" Azelf. Nor was this an "I'm going to use the GTS cheat to get infinite Azelfs :3" Azelf. This was a kid's Azelf. A little kid's one and only Azelf. Only a kid would give Azelf all those moves, spend his one Master Ball on him, and then give him away for free -- FOR A FREAKIN' LEVEL 1 DRATINI -- not knowing that he's giving up on one of the best and most accessible sweeper-legendaries ever. I felt really sick, and I wanted everything in the world to be able to teleport to where "Anthony" lived and give him back his Azelf and tell him to "keep the change." Have the Azelf and the Dratini.

*sigh* ......................... I never expected something like this. I thought all the little kids were being greedy and asking for the impossible (like "Here's my Azelf, now give me a Mewtwo :P"). I never thought I'd find a little kid like Anthony, who so innocently requested a Dratini -- a DRATINI, guys! -- in exchange for his überPoke. Even now ... I feel heavy. I can just picture little Anthony finding out his grave error tomorrow at school. "YOU STUPIDHEAD! Azelf's one of the best creatures in the game! And I've got five Dratinis right here! You could have had one of mine for a freakin' Bibarel!" Maybe this will put him off of Pokemon forever. Maybe he'll reset his pak -- and all that hard work! -- just to get back on the horse and try to get Azelf back. I don't know. What I do know is, I don't think this is somebody's spare Azelf I just found myself with. I think this is somebody's only Azelf.

What would you guys have done? Honestly, if you had been in my position, would you have as impetuously clicked on the deal and made it before you knew what was going on? Or would you have been more calm, more hesitant? Would you have not made the deal? Obviously if you didn't, somebody else would, but that's a horrible justification for committing a crime, so what I really want to know is, how many of you think I committed a criminal act and how many of you think I did the right thing? Am I over-reacting? Is it possible that I made little Anthony ecstatic with joy? Could Dratini be, like, his favorite Pokemon ever and he's a little kid in Idaho with no friends who play Pokemon and no way to get his hands on a Dratini otherwise? Still ........... why did he have to be so stupid? Why couldn't he have asked for a Dratini in exchange for a Larvitar or Bagon?

Why didn't Anthony just click on "Dratini" on the GTS' "Want to Sell" page? Why didn't he see that people are offering Dratinis in exchange for Bulbasaurs, Spiritombs, and Shieldons? He didn't have to give up his one and only Azelf ... damn it.

This shoulda been a happy moment. .............. damn it ... :x
Old 05-17-2007, 09:30 PM   #342
Skrusti
Boulder Badge

Talon, you need a girlfriend. Seriously. :P

Anyway, about this 'little kid' you supposedly 'stole' from.

You do realize that the person could've used the cloning glitch a bunch to make a ton of Azelfs? Or that the person hacked the Pokemon in? (Possible if the hacked Pokemon has the same stats as when you catch it in the wild). Or that it was someone who just didn't CARE about Azelf and just wanted a Dratini?

No use crying over spilt milk and all that bud.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:44 PM   #343
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Yeah, I do. But in the words of the eternal Sorata, "I hope she's really, really hot!" (Don't click the link if you haven't seen X or read X/1999. Teh Spoilerz!)

Dude, if you read my whole post, then you know that I'm more than aware that it could be a cloned Pokemon using the GTS cloning glitch. However ... I don't think people smart enough to find out about the glitch would put such a lame set of "super duper powerful" moves on an Azelf. Then again ... maybe they would. *just had an epiphany* Maaaybe that's exactly what they did. Maybe they purchased expensive TMs (like Thunder and Psychic) and then, in an effort to save cash, cloned the Azelf only *after* he had those moves. Because if they had cloned him before he had those moves, and those were the moves they had wanted, then they would have had to purchase the TMs every single time and that would been twice, 3x, 4x, etc. times more expensive than just doing it the way they did. Hmm ... maybe.

I agree about "no use in crying over spilt milk," but it makes it sort of hard to look at Azelf and enjoy him. Man, I really wanted a 2nd Azelf so I could either train it just for fun (to say I had a Level 100 effort-trained Azelf) or I could use it to broker a deal for Mewtwo (who, again, is a frickin' GOD in D/P).

What does our Holy Emperor have to say?
Quote:
Originally Posted by His Holiness
dont be sad about the azelf. some people dont care about stuff like that. and really want their faves. like dratini. they are probably estatic they got a dratini.
I sure hope so.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:49 PM   #344
Skrusti
Boulder Badge

FYI, Talon, if you want to trade now without me "leaving you hanging" has the saying goes, I'm online. Togepi for my (lol Lonely) Abra. If you want to. Otherwise, I can always trade you crap now and get a Mewtwo for you later.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:17 AM   #345
SulcataIxlude
Cascade Badge

I got called into work early today talon, that is why I wasn't online.

*Kicks co worker that vomit like crazy during the first half of his shift.*

Anyways I will pm you when I have the aerodactyl egg thingy set for ya.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:39 AM   #346
Sylar
Cascade Badge

Send a message via AIM to Sylar Send a message via MSN to Sylar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrusti
Talon, you need a therapist. Seriously. :P
Fixed. xd

Talon, it's just a game. And with GTS, that guy could probably get another 12 Azelfs in the next 24 hours. >>; Plus, it might not be a kid.

...It might be a mentally deficient adult. *shot* xd

Gawd, I want DP. Might go the shops tonight and buy DigiWorld DS to occupy myself til it comes out. Since I'm not, repeat, not importing. :O
Old 05-18-2007, 02:19 PM   #347
Skrusti
Boulder Badge

Talon has a cool voice.

No, seriously. You'd never know he's SUCH a nerd...until...

"Hey, you actually helped out my Pokedex by trading me this Abra! I just skipped Abra and caught Kadabra, so I have Pokedex +1 thanks to the Abra."

:P Thanks for the 'Pi, Talon.

*chants "IMPORT IMPORT IMPORT!" at Joe*
Old 05-18-2007, 02:32 PM   #348
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

When I get online, I need to talk to you guys too. I'd like to put voices to those avatars. Even though avatars are not faces... Yeah.

And when will I get online... hopefully the next time I go to Kuno's house.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 02:37 PM   #349
Arnold
Just call me sir

I'm lucky egg searching...It ain't going well ;-;

and if anyone needs Bronzor, slowpoke, Milktank or Drifloon....I've got boxes full of them >>;;
Old 05-18-2007, 03:00 PM   #350
SulcataIxlude
Cascade Badge

Talon and Skru have awesome voices on wi-fi. Do I sound quiet on wi-fi though? Folks irl say I sound very quiet (my gf and her friends say I'm more Javanese than bule hee-hee.) And sure Loki I can blab to you on wi-fi and give you a female gible too so you can breed and train super overpowered garchomps!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON