UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc

Old 03-11-2013, 03:11 PM   #76
deoxys
Fog Badge

I had a terrible nightmare last night.

Unownmew was unbanned and became the most frequent poster.

I only remember one comment in my dream: "Science? Really?? "
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:15 PM   #77
phoopes
Double Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
I've had a few of those. They are never, ever good. They seem to either a) involve me sleeping with someone I find physically repulsive and me waking up with involuntary shudders and a disgusted face, or b) involve me sleeping with someone I find physically attractive, and then I feel confused and guilty because I feel like I've cheated even though I had no control over my dream content.

This happens to me much more than it should, I think.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:50 AM   #78
Trepie
Cascade Badge

Send a message via AIM to Trepie Send a message via MSN to Trepie
So I had this strange dream last night that was similar to a nightmare but there was no direct threat.

Me and my extended family were looking at a house that was for sale. The house was ordinary and there was nothing special about it. It just looked like a farm house from the outside. While looking around I found a secret door that lead down and quickly invited my family along. But before we could go down I had a flash back, within my own dream, of the people who used to live there and had built this weird cellar. The flashback didn't offer much really, just two young men talking with a woman about it just about being ready.

So then it jumped back to me and my family going down into the cellar. It was fully decorated like it was intended for living, but everything was covered in this thick dust. The people must have had all of their belongings down there. The really creepy part is that they were all still there, dead mummies all laying on beds in different rooms. Like they had invited their whole family down there, lay down and died. And this wasn't just a small basement this was a massive labyrinth with bedroom after bedroom. each one with their belongings all laid out and their body on a bed in the center. My family for some reason were picking up things they found that they wanted to take with them. I remember at one point they found a bunch of these decorative scrubby pads that they were all excited about. But I was afraid in the dream. Not of the dead bodies but because I felt evil there. I even remember saying so in the dream. I told them we should leave and that there was something evil down here.

After that point it gets fuzzier and fuzzier. I remember we left the cellar and there was another flash back to the old owners and I remember someone died and I knew it was the evil that I felt there that was to blame.

The really strange part is that since I got up this morning I haven't been able to shake that feeling. That there's some evil lurking on the edge of my perception. Everything feels really foreboding and I feel really anxious.
Trepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:01 AM   #79
Trepie
Cascade Badge

Send a message via AIM to Trepie Send a message via MSN to Trepie
So I had another weird dream last night. I was a cop or detective or something trying to find where this bomber had hidden a bomb in a library. Then this lady I was working with had the idea that the trigger was one of those old fashioned sign out cards so we were ripping through the books until we found the bomb. Then we were in the interrogation chamber with the guy and he looked like a hunter. Sort of heavy set with a beard and camo pants on. He ranted and raved about fire and brimstone ect.

After catching the bad guy, the lady I was working with was inspired to go back to school to finish her MD. I guess I went too because I had books. After she finished a class we were walking out on the deck(Apparently the school was on a big luxury cruiser.) Then I came to some sort of realization and heard planes. When I looked up I saw planes and I just knew they were going to attack so I hit the ground and covered my head. The planes proceeded to drop napalm on the ship. So when I got up everything was on fire and of course was searing hot. I started running through the ship and I ended up in some some side corridors and eventually found my way through the fire maze to an exit on the side of he ship. I leapt into the water and swam to shore where I was greeted by these weird little two legged ball things with two eyes and a weird beak(I'm assuming this has to do with the fact I played Spore last night). And to wrap it up I had a long conversation with the people who lived on the shore of the marsh about how glad they were that ship had sunk because of how noisy it was coming and going all the time.
Trepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:59 PM   #80
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

This latest one... I don't know.

It started off with an interesting premise. A few FB friends, my boyfriend and I were demoing a new zombie-killing game in this hotel lobby, where each of us were given these high-tech objects that were supposed to act as guns or other items, and we were fighting against a crowd of people who were given "zombie gear" (which were basically these weird contact lenses). Whenever we attacked a zombie, a projection of a health bar would appear above their head, and when they were "dead", their actions would no longer have an effect.

I was the healer. I had this little heart-shaped object that I would shine on my friends, who would regain health as I shined it on them, but it would need to recharge. I also had an object that, when I squeezed it, would act as a flamethrower on hostile targets. Damaging zombies with the flamethrower would help recharge the heart object.

We started off in this little room off to the side, and we could hear the zombies coming down the hallway. Plastic heart in hand, I get this sudden, horrifying feeling: What if this isn't a game? What if those people in the hallway actually want to kill me and my friends? I start panicking, but I don't want anyone to know what I'm thinking, because I know what I'm thinking is silly. I know that some of my friends are playing zombies. They were joking about it. Why am I so terrified?

Two of my friends run down the hall, "guns" blazing. Another friend and I hang back; we begin when the "zombies" break down the door. They're just people with weird contacts, and the game goes as normal, but for some reason, I am deathly, deathly afraid of what happens if my friend dies. I heal him like my life depends on it, and I'm starting to act paranoid.

Suddenly, the game shuts off without warning. We have to go. People are after us... but I don't know who. Some nameless entity does not want us in the hotel, but my friends know what it is, and won't tell me. They just tell me to start running.

We run through the hotel, and I swear there are people following us, but I don't know who in the crowd is hostile and who isn't. My boyfriend grabs my arm and I beg him to tell me what's going on, but he tells me there's no time... That I'm so fragile that he doesn't want me to know.

We get out of the hotel, but apparently the hotel is on a winding road that leads down a mountain. I've only managed to keep track of my boyfriend and two of my friends. The others, I have no idea what happened to them, but my boyfriend tells me I can't turn back, and runs ahead of me.

The road we're running down is super narrow. We're running against traffic, and there's barely enough room for us. It's night, and the road is pitch black.

A car comes racing down the side of the road, heading straight for us. I have to jump onto the guard rail to get out of the way. My two friends behind me, they jump onto the guard rail... But I know my boyfriend didn't.

I find him on the side of the road. I'm screaming my lungs out and crying and shaking and begging him to be alive. He looks up at me and smiles, and tells me he's okay. I carefully pick him up with all my strength, since I can't leave him on the side of the road in the dark where he might be hit again... And as I'm dragging him to safety, one of my friends looks at the place where he was hit, looks at me, and says with a pale expression on his face, "You left one of his limbs behind."

...It's been a long time since I've awakened from a dream with such an awful feeling of dread.

Last edited by Marion Ette; 05-08-2013 at 08:09 PM.
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:57 AM   #81
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I had a dream last night which combined elements of Halo and Metroid Prime into one. I was in the world myself as the Samus Aran / Master Chief character, though I was still me. The "graphics" were the best yet: while it was happening for real, simultaneously it was also perceived as "Halo 4" or "Metroid Prime 4", and with that came being impressed by the colorful HUD when you go to your Scanning Visor (Metroid Prime influence) or checked out the machine control interface on the new Ghosts and other mounts (Halo influence). The "game" starts off with you making your way towards a semi-closed off area where the Mother Brains are kept. Like in Metroid Prime 3, they serve as the central computing mainframes for humanity (sort of like Metroid Prime 3's Leviathans), but they do so while kept in a deep sleep. If they were to awaken ...

Well, after you walk past the first nine who are in deep sleep earlier in the hallway-room, you round a corner and find the main Mother Brain. On closer inspection, she looks like a cross between a Ridley Scott alien and a 20th century plastic human doll for a small child. This one's name is Catherine. And on scanning Catherine, you rouse her from her shallow sleep. She's evil, I guess, and she immediately breaks out of her containment chamber, scaring the ever-loving shit out of you. As you back away from her, she lunges up into the air or something, and the two of you wind back up in the hallway with all of her sisters. Turning her attention to them, she starts to rouse them from their sleep one by one. (One is clutching a velveteen rabbit; to get her to wake up, Catherine smacks the doll out of her hands and into the pool of cold storage fluid at the bottom of the chamber. (Don't ask me how/why the doll was dry before this. ^^; ) Anyway, the ten Mother Brains all leave this area, leaving you to make your way back to HQ's central command room.

Upon arrival, Elites (Halo) and Grunts (Halo) start showing up. Oh, and your weapon in hand is a plasma rifle (Halo). You take out the terrifying Elites as you make your way to a Ghost 4.0 (Halo) and start hovering around the room, laying waste to the Covenant forces.

It was around this time that I realized that I had completely forgotten about scanning things until arriving before Catherine's stasis pod, and thus I consider "Should I reset the game?" (Again, the experience is simultaneously real life *and* a resettable game. Oh, Brain. ) But I see I've already put nearly five hours into the game so far, so I waffle about resetting vs. pressing on but being pissed at myself that I won't have scanned everything ... and then I start to remember why, as a quasi-OCD gamer, I always end up hating the Prime games ... and then I wake up.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:06 AM   #82
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I had a pretty amazing dream just now, the sort you wish were real. It was one of those dreams where you feel like it's reality, but man was it fantastic.

I forget exactly how we transitioned into it, but the segue went something like this ...

Part I: a childhood female friend of mine (and a big early childhood crush) knew a thing or two about some biology professors in the building who in turn were experts on the topics currently being discussed by our current professor. She offered to lead the way to the first of these professors' rooms. Well ...

We arrive at the top of a stairwell of sorts. It leads into a gymnasium on the other side. This area we're in is also cylindrical ... and it rotates. It's a half-cylindrical shell, see, and right now it's "closed" because its wall half is facing the gymnasium while its open half is facing the solid thick stairwell wall behind us. But if you spin-rotate it, then its open face will now face the gymnasium, allowing you to enter. Well, do we spin it to allow ourselves entry? No ... because there's already another class in there.

The instructor is a tanned, muscular, androgynous man who is teaching the kids something about some physical activity, one which will involve pulling on cords to rotate the very cylinders we're inside of. (Uh oh ...) As we listen, one of us gently pulls on this rope on our side of the cylinder ... and like the scene in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, we swivel the cylinder's walls around, now facing a befuddled class and instructor. We smile embarrassedly ... and quickly tug the rope again to swivel us back around. The students in their gym uniforms get up and start to approach the cylinder like curious primates. They soon pick up cords and start to tug. Bit by bit, they rotate our cylinder, exposing us back to the classroom we'd rudely interrupted.

The tanned instructor hops into our pod ... and gives one of us (me? I can't recall) a great big bear hug. Graaaaaawgh, what a strong bear hug! The other kids in my pod are freaking out, but I then commend the sensei on his prowess ... and he roars this satisfied, jolly old laugh. "A HA HA HA!", right from the belly. He takes a liking to me and releases whoever he's bear hugging (whether that's me or another boy, I forget). He says something about the class he's teaching (I've since sadly forgotten ) and leads the way out of the pod. We follow, and as if by magic the students who were originally there have vanished ... as have all but five of us. There's me, three other students (who'll soon vanish too), and my girl friend from childhood. The gym teacher (as that's what he is now, no longer a biologist ^^; ) leads the way towards the main building, and as we follow closely behind, I ask him a question ...

Part 2: As in the dream, my girl friend had an interest in swords. Specifically, she wants to become the best in the land at swordfighting and has a special interest in the legendary art of sword-and-shield swordfighting. In a book she showed me once, I saw a picture of the legendary sword and shield from long ago. The shield ... was totally the Hylian shield from the Legend of Zelda series. ^_^; Anyway, so I know she's burning to know more, and so I open my mouth and ask the gym teacher directly:

"Sensei, do you know anything about the _____?" I use a Japanese word that means "shield" ... at least in the dream. In real life, I very much doubt it was the word for shield. But whatever, moving on! ^^; The gym teacher seems to ignore my question completely, leading me to feel like I've perhaps asked about something I shouldn't have. I turn to my friend who is looking a little glum by the sensei's lack of an answer, but I try to comfort her by pointing out that he's trained in Japanese swordsmanship (uhhh, where did this come from? ^^; ) and that Japanese swordsmanship doesn't make use of shields. She seems to accept the answer as we arrive at the main school building.

This is where the dream gets fucking amazing. Or at least for me it did as I was dreaming it. ^^; Y'see, this building ... houses a private academy for teaching swordsmanship. And it's like something plucked straight out of a manga. It's a literal elevator school where you hop aboard these elevator platforms to go from course to course. You have to take things in their turn, so like, you should complete the lower level courses before you move on the upper level ones, so on and so forth. Most lower level courses are on the lower floors (though some reach up as high as Floor 5), most higher level courses are on the upper floors (though some may reach as low as the ground floor). There are ball pits on the ground floor (I shit you not ^^; ), and the entire thing half feels like a highly technologically advanced and professional-feeling Discovery Zone or a Leaps & Bounds for any of you kids who might've grown up in mid-1990s America and can appreciate that comparison.

It wasn't quite this brightly lit and RGBY in color, but you get the picture.

Here's where things get crazy. Crazy awesome. This school isn't just a swordsmanship school. It hybridizes teaching swordsmanship ... while also teaching the story in this one manga. ^^; The manga has like 18+ volumes out, of which I own the first fifteen and have read the first eight or so. (As in the dream, I have all of my books with me. Kept in some sort of hammerspace, I'm sure.) Each course ... roughly corresponds to one volume of manga proficiency. So like, when you pass Course 1 and enter Course 2, you're expected to know the events that take place in Volume 1 of the manga; when you enter Course 5, you're expected to know the events up through Volume 4; so on and so forth. This manga is sort of like Sekirei, except without any of the human partners and with all of the combatants actually being humans themselves in this case. But like, the protagonist of this manga ... is herself a girl whose adventure very closely mirrors my best friend's own pursuit for the sword-and-shield way of the sword. It's kinda crazy. Anyway, my friend has never actually read any of the manga, so I'm sort of her guide to things at times in this academy, and rather quickly we're making it through the courses and (as per experiencing the courses firsthand) she's quickly picking up the story from the manga.

We're ready for Course 5, which happens to be held on Level 5, when we encounter some elevator hijinx. We miss ours and have to wait for the next one to return. It takes us on a bit of a strange detour throughout the compound before eventually dumping us off in front of a group of students sitting Indian style in a circle here in this one open-air room on Level 5. We're late of course (thanks to the elevator shenanigans) and quietly take our seats in the ring where it looks like there's some space for us to sit down. And ... oh boy.

First off, we discover that this isn't Course 5. This is like Course 13 or something. The elevator took us to the wrong place!

Second, we realize (or I realize, in any event) ... that all of the students here except for me are girls, and that they're all the cover-of-the-book main characters from the manga.

Third, I quickly gather that they're fellow students, and that we are literally living out the manga (sort of), and that this must be somewhere in Volume 13 or some such.

Fourth, the girl to my left ... looks sort of like a 15-to-18 year old, setting-appropriate Aphrodite from Suite PreCure. (Never seen the show, just seen the character before in fanart.) Her voice sounds just like Miura Azusa's from the iDOLM@STER (CV: Takahashi Chiaki), very sweet and well-mannered and mature, and as we get to talking ...

Fifth, I let slip that my friend and I have not yet read this far in the manga, that I'm still only through Volume 8 myself. But as I say these things, the girl to my left continues to talk to me about some of the events in the volumes I haven't read yet, almost as if 50% helping to clue me in and 50% as if dismissing everything I've just said. Very ambiguous stuff, very hard to tell. As she's doing this, she's helping herself to my pile of books and she's all, "Ara, maa! So you have up through Volume 15!" As she's doing this, I see the character she's currently telling me about on the cover of Volume 12 ... and I also see her herself sitting across from on the other side of the ring, a fellow student. And while my new friend to my left nonchalantly brushes past it, I see right there on the cover of Volume 11 ... her herself. This is insane. I am living in a manga world with swordfighting babes. This is the greatest. T_T

I call her "my new friend," but it was kind of interesting, honestly. Because she doesn't stop from offering some disparaging remarks about certain characters, and I'm all "Awohhhhh ... " as she says these things, sometimes recognizing who the character is and actually being a fan, other times having no idea who the character is yet but not wanting to smile and nod to spiteful comments made about the person. Aside from these occasional bitchy/trashtalky comments, the girl to my left is like a total awesome catch, and I feel myself entranced by her beauty, not having previously been a fan (though I didn't even really know who she was) but now suddenly being like her #1 fan ...

I then sort of snap out of it when I notice this happening to me. A, because I'm like, "Dude! What about {childhood friend's name}!? " (Oh ho. ;o ) And B, because it dons on me ... my childhood friend isn't just similar to to the star of the manga. She is the star of the manga! DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUN!

Sadly, it wasn't long after this that I woke up from the dream, and I don't remember anything else at the moment. But man. Sekireis without the human sidekicks? Swordfighting Sekireis? Swordfighting Sekireis who live in a Leaps & Bounds-esque manga academy? What sort of witchcraft was this? I want back in ...

Last edited by Talon87; 07-07-2013 at 11:34 AM.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:05 PM   #83
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Talon, that dream was so badass that just reading it spawned conspiracy theories in my mind.

All that happened in my dream last night was that my subconscious gave me a peptalk via a old school friend. Also it took my signature dish and improved on it maybe sixty-fold. That part was pretty cool. Doubling the amount of sauce and serving it with garlic bread? Genius.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:56 PM   #84
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindrindra View Post
Talon, that dream was so badass that just reading it spawned conspiracy theories in my mind.
My completely rubbish theory is that everything that has been imagined or dreamed exists in a parallel world, and that when we dream our minds are jumping dimensions and worlds.

Really rubbish but -worthy.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:25 PM   #85
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeVA View Post
My completely rubbish theory is that everything that has been imagined or dreamed exists in a parallel world, and that when we dream our minds are jumping dimensions and worlds.

That's a theory I've entertained since I was 6 or so years old.

It's also a theory that's hard to reconcile with the few dreams where I have died and remained dead. Including the one that was really, terribly lifelike that I had around age 11 or so where I dreamed the real live passage of 72 hours, most of which were spent as a Touched by an Angel casualty. (I had been shot and killed by members of a youth gang near a baseball diamond in a park.)

Quote:
Glad you enjoyed it. I know I did!
Old 07-09-2013, 09:30 PM   #86
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
That's a theory I've entertained since I was 6 or so years old.

It's also a theory that's hard to reconcile with the few dreams where I have died and remained dead. Including the one that was really, terribly lifelike that I had around age 11 or so where I dreamed the real live passage of 72 hours, most of which were spent as a Touched by an Angel casualty. (I had been shot and killed by members of a youth gang near a baseball diamond in a park.)
Well, were those dreams in first person or third? Of course this really depends on how long this dreams lasted as you were dead. Cause I've had third person dreams with me in them and third person dreams where terrible things have happened to me.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:44 PM   #87
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Quote:

Obligatory.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:49 PM   #88
Fallen Icarus
Confident in the present

Send a message via AIM to Fallen Icarus Send a message via Skype™ to Fallen Icarus
Quote:

Or maybe the world we're living in is the parrelel world :O
Old 08-08-2013, 06:03 AM   #89
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
Kush had a funky magic sword and I had a lightsaber and we were leading a small group of people armed with swords/guns trapped in a cave under attack. Amongst the attacking forces; Orcs and Trolls (a la Lord of the Rings), Aliens (from Alien), a handful of these weird lizard/centaur things (from god knows where) who were immune to the magic part of Kush's magic sword (but thankfully not the sword part, nor the lightsaber). They were under the command of a few sith lieutenants lead by Darth Vader. The lizard/centaurs and orcs were attacking from one direction (outside), the Aliens from another (which lead into a house where Vader was based), and the trolls from deeper in the cave system. Kush needed rescuing multiple times :p.

Eventually we'd busted up the trolls badly enough to give up fighting the rest and fled deeper into the cave system, collapsing things behind us as we went, at which point I was woken up by my little brother being really loud. Surreal, but also pretty cool.

Last edited by Concept; 08-08-2013 at 12:19 PM.
Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 02:27 PM   #90
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

I had a dream a couple nights ago that my parents were jealous of my boyfriend's parents for having a Summer home, and so we ended up jumping on board a repurposed DUKW and sailing towards this dark, fog-covered island where my parents claim they have bought a house of their own. All the while, my father is carrying this giant box from Ikea, with what I assume is a piece of furniture for our new home. When we make it to the island, my parents tell me to start climbing a large hill, because our house will be at the very top of it. I ask my parents where the house is when we finally reach the top, and my mother tells me that the house is inside the Ikea box. They then proceed to whip out and build the most ridiculously unstable prefab house that I have ever seen in my life, yet the thing manages to magically generate furnishings the moment it's built, which is pretty impressive for Ikea. At any rate, as soon as we move into this precarious abode, a heavy rain starts falling. The TV flickers on, warning of an imminent hurricane. My parents tell me to stay inside the house for my own safety, even though I beg them to go to a friend's house nearby. (It is worth noting that even though I was saying these words in the dream, there is no "friend nearby". This island doesn't even exist, so I have no idea who would be living on it.) Because it basically has no foundations, the house is literally lifted off of the top of the hill by the gusts of wind, and the entire house comes crashing down into the water. I jump out the second-floor window before it hits the water, and crash on the ground. I have no idea how I survive the fall, or how I transition to the next scene, but somehow I apparently survived unscathed (or have no memory of the recovery process).

In the next scene, I'm walking with this friend that I apparently have on the island, and we're exploring the beach at night, attempting to navigate the fog. He is reminiscent of my boyfriend, and yet it's definitely not him, because his voice and face are completely different. He tells me that, since I don't have a home, I can go back and live with him and his family for a bit until we can figure out how to get me off the island. I agree to come back with him, and he takes me to this absolute mansion of a home. At least three floors, with two spiral staircases on either side of the home, hardwood floors, chandeliers... The whole nine yards. I immediately feel self-conscious when I walk in, especially when thinking back to the prefab we carried in a box to the island. His face looks rather pale when we come inside, and I comment on that, and he asks me, "Don't you feel it? In the air? The air is... infected, somehow."

The moment he says this, I realize how difficult to breathe it is in his home. As we ascend the staircase, we hear voices down the hall, and realize that my parents have also been invited in by this family of his, but there is something very visibly wrong with both my parents and his; their flesh is pale and flaky as if turning into drywall, and their eyes are turning completely white. Their teeth are falling out, and we can see the pieces of teeth on the floor. Strangely, they act as if nothing is happening, and ask us to give them a kiss hello, even though we can visibly see that their breath is laden with something horrible. We both refuse, much to their hurt and disdain, and I ask this friend of mine if we can leave, but he tells me he can't just abandon his family like this. I try to reason with him that we'd be more help calling the hospital or attempting to get quarantine. We are both having trouble breathing and debating if we can even leave because we don't know if just being in the environment has infected us with whatever condition our respective families have...

When I wake up from the dream, all I can hear is rain, and I find myself making sure that I'm not in some weird island house. Goddamn subconscious...
Old 08-08-2013, 03:01 PM   #91
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
I had a dream a couple nights ago that my parents were jealous of my boyfriend's parents for having a Summer home, and so we ended up jumping on board a repurposed DUKW and sailing towards this dark, fog-covered island where my parents claim they have bought a house of their own. All the while, my father is carrying this giant box from Ikea, with what I assume is a piece of furniture for our new home. When we make it to the island, my parents tell me to start climbing a large hill, because our house will be at the very top of it. I ask my parents where the house is when we finally reach the top, and my mother tells me that the house is inside the Ikea box. They then proceed to whip out and build the most ridiculously unstable prefab house that I have ever seen in my life, yet the thing manages to magically generate furnishings the moment it's built, which is pretty impressive for Ikea. At any rate, as soon as we move into this precarious abode, a heavy rain starts falling. The TV flickers on, warning of an imminent hurricane. My parents tell me to stay inside the house for my own safety, even though I beg them to go to a friend's house nearby. (It is worth noting that even though I was saying these words in the dream, there is no "friend nearby". This island doesn't even exist, so I have no idea who would be living on it.) Because it basically has no foundations, the house is literally lifted off of the top of the hill by the gusts of wind, and the entire house comes crashing down into the water. I jump out the second-floor window before it hits the water, and crash on the ground. I have no idea how I survive the fall, or how I transition to the next scene, but somehow I apparently survived unscathed (or have no memory of the recovery process).

In the next scene, I'm walking with this friend that I apparently have on the island, and we're exploring the beach at night, attempting to navigate the fog. He is reminiscent of my boyfriend, and yet it's definitely not him, because his voice and face are completely different. He tells me that, since I don't have a home, I can go back and live with him and his family for a bit until we can figure out how to get me off the island. I agree to come back with him, and he takes me to this absolute mansion of a home. At least three floors, with two spiral staircases on either side of the home, hardwood floors, chandeliers... The whole nine yards. I immediately feel self-conscious when I walk in, especially when thinking back to the prefab we carried in a box to the island. His face looks rather pale when we come inside, and I comment on that, and he asks me, "Don't you feel it? In the air? The air is... infected, somehow."

The moment he says this, I realize how difficult to breathe it is in his home. As we ascend the staircase, we hear voices down the hall, and realize that my parents have also been invited in by this family of his, but there is something very visibly wrong with both my parents and his; their flesh is pale and flaky as if turning into drywall, and their eyes are turning completely white. Their teeth are falling out, and we can see the pieces of teeth on the floor. Strangely, they act as if nothing is happening, and ask us to give them a kiss hello, even though we can visibly see that their breath is laden with something horrible. We both refuse, much to their hurt and disdain, and I ask this friend of mine if we can leave, but he tells me he can't just abandon his family like this. I try to reason with him that we'd be more help calling the hospital or attempting to get quarantine. We are both having trouble breathing and debating if we can even leave because we don't know if just being in the environment has infected us with whatever condition our respective families have...

When I wake up from the dream, all I can hear is rain, and I find myself making sure that I'm not in some weird island house. Goddamn subconscious...
Maaaaaan. D:
Old 08-08-2013, 05:09 PM   #92
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Clearly, Marion has been watching too much Higurashi.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:09 PM   #93
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Quote:
Clearly, Marion has been watching too much Higurashi.
Haha, possibly. Of course, I've been having nightmares since I was little, but I can't imagine watching the series before I go to bed his helping any. XP I just finished the Tsumihoroboshi-hen arc, and the weird dreams have thus far been totally worth it~
Old 08-10-2013, 08:25 AM   #94
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I was sleeping in just now when I tried to use a Dawn Stone in the middle of battle on my Mudkip. Not surprisingly I shot wide awake at this, wondering wtf my subconscious was thinking. ^^;
Old 08-11-2013, 12:53 PM   #95
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Last night I had one of those movie-esque dreams where I was both watching the movie and a character in it at the same time.

Through some form of trickery, I had basically been convinced to be kinda like a mass murderer, except I didn't do any murdering. It was kinda more like kidnapping, but something more. I don't really remember the details of this one, but basically I was in charge of getting 'resources' for this ceremony which involved swaddling people in robes and locking them within utter darkness to slowly turn them into demons. And I mean slooooowly. Like, over a year. Their skin slowly darkened during the process, too. And I don't mean to a healthy brown or black. I mean, like, the colour of ashes. Kinda like that sickness referred to in ring-around-the-rosie. The Black Death, maybe? idk. And then the organization deemed that I knew too much and gave me amnesia. And had me do something else, I think? Regardless, I guess amnesia is really hard to give, because my memories started trying to piece themselves together over time. And then, at some point, when I was certain I almost had it, I saw the most recent person I had captured. Or it could have been the first person I captured. I dunno. Regardless, it was like, suddenly, these memories that had been underwater kinda bubbled up and I concentrated a little and everything fell into place and I snapped. And then I got knocked out in a blaze of glory or something. idk. The dream ended with me (outside the movie) growling at the screen as they pulled standard "And now they're coming for you!" sequel hook maneuvers.

...Considering what I woke up to find, this is... Somewhat hilarious, in retrospect.
Quote:
Old 08-13-2013, 11:50 PM   #96
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

I was sick today. Here is the product of my five hour nap.

I was standing in this enormous, elaborately decorated room, primarily plush deep reds with gold trimming. The whole thing felt rather royal. The halls was completely empty, and though there were no windows, I could hear the rain.

Suddenly, Concept appears. He's basically Jude Law - who has become my mental picture for every British person ever even when not dreaming - and he is wearing a tuxedo. And he has a handlebar mustache.

So anyway, he leads me to my room and then leaves, and suddenly I realize that I'm not alone in the room. I look around really frightened, and suddenly the chair splits apart and I dive from the bed. Something lands on the bed; it's big, and something smells really bad. I feel a sharp pain in my back as I try to roll away, and of course dream me bleeds a million gallons of sticky red blood. The room is coated in it.

Then I manage to pull out a knife and I turn to face the thing on my bed. The bleeding stopped and all the blood was actually gone when I looked, probably because I forgot about it. It was too dark to see anything on the bed. Suddenly the knife transforms transformer-style into a scythe, and I jump towards the bed swinging it.

Interestingly enough, I remember the sequence of blows that ensued. Chop down, then kick. Jab/push with the front end, hook with the sharp crescent, crack the hurt end against the thing. There was a gray shape flailing around.

Not that I actually have no idea if that will work IRL. Scythes in games all seem to support the idea that the threshing end can support the weight of your enemy, but I think that you'd need a specially designed scythe and not one that transforms from a knife.

It kept trying to hit me with something hard and sharp, but I managed to stave it off. No fancy spins or acrobatics here, which isn't much fun, but I guess my mind has reconciled itself to the fact that my fighting is going to have to be simple, practical, calm, and efficient even in make-believe. I kick it away and a flash of light illuminates the room.

It's an Absol. Suddenly the door opens and Concept is standing there, and he says something like "what have you done" and slams the door. I'm trapped in the room with Absol, and it's getting up again. I run to the door, give it a kick, and rush out.

Suddenly there's Dave (Fishy), only he is also Jude Law. He tells me that he is actually a good guy and that he wanted to test me. There was some bullshit reason for this but long story short I broke the item clause and so I was considered knocked out.

So then I was upset because I lost, and then Jude Law patted me on the head. I woke up to find an excruciating need to not pass that gas and ran quickly to the bathroom.

The whole thing was pretty creepy, but it was interesting responding so easily to that threat. I would imagine being faced with an unknown, sharp beast from inside the exploding chair would make me pee myself and die in the fetal position. The sense of not being alone was among the most intense I've ever felt. It was terrifying.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:17 AM   #97
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

The... Item... Clause...

I'm not sure whether to find that terrifying or beautiful.
Quote:
Old 08-14-2013, 08:54 PM   #98
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

Quote:
The... Item... Clause...

I'm not sure whether to find that terrifying or beautiful.
It's better than breaking Santa Clause.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:34 AM   #99
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuckle View Post
Suddenly, Concept appears. He's basically Jude Law - who has become my mental picture for every British person ever even when not dreaming - and he is wearing a tuxedo. And he has a handlebar mustache.
Not sure I could pull off a handlebar moustache, but I'm now very tempted to try.
Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 01:18 AM   #100
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
I had a pretty bad nightmare a few hours ago. It began at the home of some family friends in my old town, where my family was prepping to leave for a Christmas Party, and a gun-man with a pistol broke into the house and started shooting at us. Two baseball players for the Giants, who were family friends, diverted the guy's attention as my Dad drove us away. One of the guys (the left-handed batter) got in the car with us, while the switch hitter lured the gun-man into the forest, where the engaged in a mortifying game of hide and seek where the switch hitter was climbing from tree to tree, and the gun-man stalking him from the ground and trying to catch him un-aware to shoot.

Somehow, the roads of my old home-town morphed into the high-ways of Sacramento, and another gun-man, this time with a shotgun and a car, started chasing my family and shooting at is. He was actually hitting the car with his rounds and my Dad was scared out of his mind, and so was the whole family. We kept driving off the road, into parking-lots, near a military base and all sorts to evade this guy, and eventually we managed to pull some distance as he got held up in traffic. Unfortunately, the guy started to terrorize the other people, but I didn't care!

We finally made it to the Christmas Party. One of my classmates' Dad (who I am friends with, and played mahjong) asked us how the trip was. It was at this point the hide and seek game transitioned. I finally woke up when the switch hitter tried to pretend shooting the pistol gun-man and he thought he actually had a gun and ran off.

I hate the feeling when I wake up in my room and feel like I'm in danger. Not cool.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc