UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games

Old 08-29-2016, 10:55 PM   #751
Blastoise
We deny our creators.

But on the other hand Taric is actually cool now, which I didn't think was actually possible in any conceivable reality.

So that's neat.
Old 09-10-2016, 05:35 PM   #752
deoxys
Fog Badge

My World's Pickem, subject to change before the lock. This is in my opinion the most logical outcome with possibly SSG taking 2nd in Group D, maybe TSM slipping into 2nd themselves. I know a lot of people have SSG in 2nd, but I have a feeling RNG will surpass them.

But Worlds, traditionally, is not logical. There are normally upsets and crazy things happen, almost every year. I did not take that into account here yet simply because it's unpredictable, but if I had to guess a group that would be unpredictable for upsets, it would be Group B. If you came from the future and told me that SKT fumbled the ball hard and slipped to 2nd or 3rd leaving C9 and Flash Wolves vying for 1st or 2nd, I would be surprised, but not shocked. As good as SKT is, this is definitely the weakest their roster has been at a World's showing. So... while I have them in 1st for now, just like almost everyone else, that could change. Too hard to tell.

deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 06:41 PM   #753
deoxys
Fog Badge

By the way, please click this link to join the UPN World's prediction leaderboard!

http://pickem.lolesports.com/share/s...l9d6scv/224740
Old 09-29-2016, 03:39 PM   #754
Crys
seems theres a case aclaw

GROUP PICKS LOCK IN
00 02 22
DAYS HRS MIN

IF YOU HAVEN'T MADE A PICK EM'S LIST, OR WANT TO CHANGE, LOCK IN SOON.
Crys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 07:18 PM   #755
deoxys
Fog Badge

My group stage final predictions based on this last week and this upcoming week. Very contrary to my Pick'em in a lot of ways...

GROUP A

4-2 ROX
4-2 CLG
3-3 ANX
1-5 G2

TIEBREAKER: ROX VS. CLG - ROX WIN

GROUP B

5-1 SKT
4-2 C9
2-4 FW
1-5 IM

GROUP C

4-2 EDG
4-2 AHQ
2-4 H2K
2-4 INTZ

TIEBREAKER: EDG VS. AHQ - AHQ WIN

GROUP D

5-1 TSM
4-2 SSG
3-3 RNG
0-6 SPY

ALTERNATIVELY,

4-2 TSM
4-2 SSG
4-2 RNG
0-6 SPY

THREE-WAY TIEBREAKER RULES: If during Week 2 RNG beats SSG but loses to TSM, and TSM loses to SSG, there will be a single round-robin.
If this round-robin does not result in a distinct 2-0, 1-1, 0-2 record dispersed among the three teams, they will each perform a single-elimination bracket,
wherein the team who won its game in the shortest time during the single round-robin tiebreaker has a bye into the final of the single-elimination.

PREDICTION IN THIS CIRCUMSTANCE: RNG will either defeat TSM and take automatic first seed in a tie, or the even three-way tie happens and
TSM will go take first seed and SSG will take second.
Old 10-17-2016, 11:05 AM   #756
deoxys
Fog Badge

>tfw now first place in the group

H2K you're the last hope for the west, don't let us down dammit. You better at least make it to the finals. Crush these smug koreans
Old 01-19-2017, 01:26 AM   #757
Blastoise
We deny our creators.

Okay, since I don't actively play LoL anymore someone is going to have to explain bot lane Ziggs to me. Is this kind of like how bot lane supports have gone more "offensive" (Brand, Zyra) because having the slowest ramp up character in the most active lane early game is kind of a liability and you want as much bite to compensate?

EDIT: On a more hypothetical tangent now that the AP peanut butter is in the AD chocolate, how much of LoL variety/balance is hindered by the lanes being fixed in their current state? Admittedly some roles like jungler are never going to go away since having a free roaming character who can get XP that isn't tied to lane will always be useful, but it feels like the flow of events has been positions settled on by the competitive community early in LoL's life -> Riot building new champs around that lane setup -> the game changing in ways that push against the previously settled lane roles while at the same time inertia and current champ/map balancing ("bot towers don't have super armor because fuck you that's why") limit teams' ability to compensate or break the mold, resulting in the meta carousel where Rek'sai and Gragas are kings of jungle shit mountain for much of last split until they get fucked and Lee Sin gets to kick everyone in the balls again. Riot seems to be trying to compensate by releasing champs that straddle roles in positions that don't typically see them (Ivern as a jungling support), but I feel like you need a critical mass of those style of champs for the changes to take hold lest they just simply get banned out and you're back to business as usual.

GAME BALANCE THEORYWANKING WHEN I SHOULD BE SLEEPING EVERYBODY

Last edited by Blastoise; 01-19-2017 at 01:50 AM.
Blastoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 01:40 AM   #758
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Ehh the reason why Ziggs has been played a lot bot recently is that the Lich Bane build has the same potency as the majority of objective based ADCs, with him having similar scaling as most of them. He also does a shit ton of damage, while lacking DPS like a Twitch/Vayne/Jinx he is burstier than say Lucian/Graves (About on part with Corki atm but with better tower pushing and wave clear). It does also allow him to actually survive early game better as most of the common mids now either hard out bully him (Syndra/Cass/Azir/Kux) or nuke him (*Insert Assassin not named Fizz here*)while ADCs right now are in a really, really garbage spot. As such, Ziggs fills in quite well for a majority of a Burst ADC's job while also being able to destroy towers (Passive + Lich Bane proc and W passive on turrets makes them not exist). He still does have his own problems and isn't like completely dominating bot lane as most of the top tier (a.k.a usable) ADCs due beat him 1 v 1 or don't really care about his lane harass.

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 05:48 PM   #759
Crys
seems theres a case aclaw

Spoiler: show
Crys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 11:25 PM   #760
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

a m a z i n g
Old 05-23-2017, 08:47 AM   #761
Blastoise
We deny our creators.

Alright, so I couldn't watch tons of spring split/MSI games (along with the existential ennui of knowing that 1. TSM is the best NA team and 2. TSM will always fuck it up internationally in the most embarrassing fashion to wildcard randos) without trying to throw my hat into the ring again, because I never fucking learn. Started a new account to learn jungling, and after herp derping around decided to go back to my level 30 account due to playing a role that most needs runes/masteries to not completely shit its pants if you want to play anything but the safest junglers (but I still play Warwick).

If you can all pretend that this is because I'm good and not because my level 30 account is currently at potato ELO I would appreciate it, thanks in advance.
Old 05-23-2017, 11:27 AM   #762
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

you are a perfect, amazingly skilled goddess
Old 05-23-2017, 11:49 AM   #763
Altocharizard55
The Scientist

Ahri nerfs incoming. IMO in the wrong direction but I hit my charms so I guess it doesn't affect me terribly. -shrug-
Old 09-12-2017, 05:53 PM   #764
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Haven't posted on the forum in a while but I'm resurrecting this cause worlds is around the corner. So here's some predictions:

Play-In Stage:

Group A:

No point in being optimistic about this; WE will make it to Group stage with Gambit coming in second. I'd like to say that if there were any team that could cause an upset it'd be Gambit with the return of DiamondPr0x and EDward. But China is an incredibly close region. WE went 2:3 against RNG, almost making it to the finals. If it were any other Pool 1 team from the Play-in's then maybe I'd give Gambit a better chance of making it through, but unfortunately I can't see that happening. Because of that you can pretty much tell the trend for the rest of the groups.

Group B:

C9 should make it out no questions asked. OCE is probably the worst region out of them all, so Dire Wolves are not going through. Team ONE beat out Brazil's other teams that MAYBE could have caused an upset, but these guys are rookies. Challenger to Worlds in 4 months (or something).
Yeah sure we've seen teams like Origen do it before but they had experienced players. So yeah, C9 go through basically.

Group C:

Is there much point in me doing Play-In predictions? FNC are pretty much guarantee'd to get out. I dont know much about the GPL squad but KLG are pretty bad overall. I just don't know who's worse between KLG and YG.

Group D:

Considering that AHQ and FW pretty much run over their region, this is the group with the most likely upset potential. Fenerbahce have Move and Frozen on their squad, who I always saw as individually strong players on bad teams. Frozen is a good mage player, and the Mid lane meta going into Worlds is pretty much Cass/Syndra/Orianna/Taliyah with a hint of Galio.
Move was pretty crucial to UOL's gauntlet run last year where they almost made it to worlds. On the other hand, HKA is a team that didn't even get top 4 in the split, but managed to pull it out the bag in the Regional finals. This tells me one of two things. Either HKA used the time they had to prepare and that won over the competition, or the LMS is bad and any team can beat any other team except FW and AHQ. I'm leaning towards the latter, seeing as China and NA were in that state when they were at their worst (*cough* Season 5 *cough*). For that reason I'm gonna say Fenerbahce will win the group, although my prediction is nowhere near as solid as the other 3.

Now for the Group stage. Since we don't know where the teams are there'll be a lot of conditionals here, but lets see if I can't make a mess of this.

Group stage:

Group A:

I mean, in this instance it doesn't really matter who I pick as the last team,
pretty much EDG and SKT are going through. WE can't be placed in the group because of EDG and neither can HKA if they go through,
so one of either C9 or FNC are pretty much out. I'd like to say EDG can be upset again, but I think being on home soil is a big advantage. Now as a toss up for first and second place, I still think SKT will place on top because they're without a doubt the better team. However I think games will be closer than people might expect. I'd also like to say AHQ have a chance...
but they don't.

Group B:

This is the group every Play-In team wants. LZ will probably take first regardless of group placement, but any of the Play-in teams have the potential to take second place. WE would without a doubt take second place if they place in this group, although it's unlikely they will because of the way the group draws work if HKA go through (It would mean WE are automatically placed in Group D). FNC would definitely put up a fight against IMT for second place, and imo they'd probably win based on individual match-ups. Fenerbahce would have a hard time against IMT and GAM,
but this group is still probably the best option for them if they would dream of making it further in the competition, and the same goes for HKA.

Group C:

RIP. Group C gets to be the group of death this year. So based on my predictions, this spot is going to either C9 or Fenerbahce, who basically have no chance of getting anything higher than 4th. Yeah sure G2 have a bad worlds record, but you can't deny that they're a solid team who have the capabilities to get out of the group; maybe even as the number 1 seed.
It's a shame they don't show up at these kinds of events, even MSI was a shit show for them in the groups. But I think they have enough stage experience now to really look towards the knockout stage. Samsung are pretty much a better version of G2 in the way they play and draft, so I'll happily place them as 1st seed out of the group. I think that second place is still a toss up though. Either G2 or RNG can take it, but I do think playing on home soil will play a big part in deciding the winner. Reluctantly, I put RNG as the second seed in the group.

Group D:

Must. Have. Faith. In. Misfits... Unfortunately, because of the potential WE placement this group isn't as much of a toss-up between teams any more. Let's put it this way: If WE place in this group, they take 1st and FW take second. If Fenerbahce place there, FW will take first and 2nd is a toss up between TSM and MSF. Now I know that TSM are a better team on paper and yes, I'm showing just a little bit of bias. But the thing that Misfits have going for them is their preparation. These guys know how to prepare for a series. Both times going into Play-Offs they've been considered the weakest team, yet managed to get 4th and 2nd place in spring and summer respectively. Alphari is currently Challenger in Korea after only a few days. TSM are good at preparation too but whether or not they actually perform on the day is a toss-up; people seem to forget that TSM has a bad worlds record...

... despite that I have to pick TSM as the second seed, but only if WE doesn't place here.

And my overall winner...
SKT. Yeah it's boring and I hope they don't, but if I were a betting man I'd bet on SKT to win worlds any day.
Old 09-13-2017, 03:20 PM   #765
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Send a message via Skype™ to Whimsy
So with this 13/09 patch, press F to pay respect to Janna and all those boosted Diamond players who rose in ELO by pressing E

(Now fix Ardent Censer damn it)

Fizzy Bubbles Profile/Whimlist/ASB/Wild Future
Inactive Ref, laziness op~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost™ View Post
In Mother 3 Swampy was Flint and you were Hinawa. You two were a wonderful couple. Icarus was your dog, and Toy and I were your twin sons. Well, until a dinosaur impaled you through the heart. So yes, where is he!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
#still
#fucking
#salty

Whimsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 12:08 PM   #766
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

http://pickem.lolesports.com/share/s...12630/my-picks
Old 10-20-2017, 07:54 AM   #767
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

I've never been so sad to predict something correctly in my life.
Old 01-21-2018, 05:24 PM   #768
Blastoise
We deny our creators.

*watching Spring games*

I don't know who at Riot thought introducing a mini-Zhonya's (that builds into a bunch of major items) was a good idea, but seeing multiple Stasis actives going off 10 minutes into the game makes me hate everything forever.
Old 01-21-2018, 06:13 PM   #769
Serverus Snope
Pokemon Trainer

Location: The Eiffel Tower in Rome, the City of Brotherly Love
I've tried League of Legends before, but it never really stuck with me. I've tried justifying it by being like, "they're a community so toxic that BG/'bad game' is a common phrase," but I've come to find that maybe I'm just not that into it.
Old 01-21-2018, 08:04 PM   #770
rotomotorz
Think ye can take me?

tbh league is a lot less toxic now than people say. Theyve gotten a lot better about it
{======|_|""T""|_|""r""|_|""a""|_|""i""|_|""n""|
/o--000'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'
Squad Summary

rotomotorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 11:18 PM   #771
Kung Fu Ferret
Pokemon Trainer

I'm more of a Smite kinda guy...
Kung Fu Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 02:08 AM   #772
Deebs
You sayin' I like dudes?

Send a message via Skype™ to Deebs
Smite is weird.
Old 01-22-2018, 12:54 PM   #773
deoxys
Fog Badge

http://fantasy.lolesports.com/share/...rYP4ZRmgnlX3UJ

Get in here fuckers, we haven't done this in like 2 years. Need 7 more.

please.
Old 01-23-2018, 09:41 PM   #774
Blastoise
We deny our creators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kung Fu Ferret View Post
I'm more of a Smite kinda guy...
Sorry about your AIDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
http://fantasy.lolesports.com/share/...rYP4ZRmgnlX3UJ

Get in here fuckers, we haven't done this in like 2 years. Need 7 more.

please.
Fuck this fantasy football shit, time for some REAL MAN PREDICTIONS:

-Zoe gets nerfed and winds up begging for spare change with Aatrox after Riot obliquely admits in the patch notes that "doing 90% with one Q like a Nasus that's been farming creeps for an hour and a half" is an impossible-to-balance archetype.

-After the first week of NA LCS, Evelyn's stealth is also nerfed: Riot notes that it is so effective in the hands of pro players that she is never actually seen by anyone else after hitting level 6. "It's like we made Meteos into a champion," read the patch notes.

-The NA LCS champions will have a decisive season and put on a clinic in the finals, making it look like Faker midlaning against a first grader with cerebral palsy. At worlds they will face a dumpster-tier EU Frankenteam made up of random NA/Asian imports after all the native European players are banned following the release of a video showing them trying to sink refugee boats in the Mediterranean.

The EU team will eliminate NA in a 3-0 sweep and make it to the quarterfinals.

-In an effort to find a unique solution to a problem that makes the early game about as blue balled as Phreak trying to clumsily grope his way into a porn starlet's panties, buying a Stopwatch on either team will automatically advance the game to the 20 minute mark: let's face it, you weren't going to see any successful ganks anyway.

-The Japanese team that makes it to the Mid-Season Invitational will continue to live up to the legacy of their IJN forebears: one third of the game spent ineffectively seeking a decisive teamfight, another third trading heavily just to lose ground more slowly, and the last third wandering around like a doddering ojiisan trying to remember if he put his cat in the trash compactor.

Last edited by Blastoise; 01-23-2018 at 09:48 PM.
Blastoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 06:36 PM   #775
Hunter
Excessive Spammer

I used to play this. Lots of fun and a huge waste of time. But over time the game offended me and I just had to leave. Meh. My wrists thank me.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games