UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Fanart & Fanfiction

Old 12-28-2013, 09:28 PM   #1
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Mew OkikuMew's Art Well

Hellooooo everyone! I've been thinking of making this thread for a while now, because not only I wanna show to you guys what I can do, both in drawing and in spriting, but I also want to give myself a way to kick my own lazy butt an incentive to draw more, something that I haven't done much since I finished high school. Which was... *counts* 8-9 years from now? o.o; Yipes. Most of the stuff here is just as old, but some are semi-recent (mostly the last ones on the lists) and I'll be putting in new posts when I'll be making new things from now on.

Anyways, if you guys got any questions or some constructive criticism, go ahead and throw it my way ^^ I know my stuff ain't the best thing ever, but here goes nothin'!

Sketches and Other Random Drawings
Spriting, Signatures and other photoshoppin' goodness

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr

Last edited by OkikuMew; 01-26-2014 at 06:41 PM.
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 02:20 PM   #2
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

So I have created this... this thing, beyond explanation. It makes the heart of cat-lovers and fanatics of a certain Gen 6 Pokémon (aka Kaisap) melt, if not explode, of cute overload.

Behold!

Spoiler: show

The cat and Pumpkaboo hybrid. THE PUMPKATBOO.

That is all.

Last edited by OkikuMew; 01-26-2014 at 06:40 PM.
Old 01-05-2014, 02:21 PM   #3
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
What happened to my heart why is it on the floor in a puddle.
Old 01-06-2014, 02:32 PM   #4
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
lol for a moment I thought you were Kaisap. XD

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future
Gemini Spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 08:58 PM   #5
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

So I got to draw something again! Yay! \o/ I present to you my character in the Mountain Stones RP, Kelly de Voclain! (in her non-superhero/everyday clothing, that is.)

I'm pretty sure a lot of you guys' first thought is "It's not proportionate; her head is too big!" I admit, I find it is big ^^; I never had any classes or learn actual proper drawing (it's all from my own hands and mind!) so even though I have the talent, I don't have quite the technique and eye for proportions. I know that I have a tendency of making characters' head too big than normal so I try to draw it smaller, but even then, I always end up doing it anyways! X) Maybe it's a subconscious way of wanting my drawing's face have more importance than the rest of the body? Or just my sense of proportions suck? Whatever the reason is, I don't mind it too much, since I find the drawing was well-made anyways, and I guess it gives it a personal touch ^^

Also, I had a little bit of trouble with her hair, stature and shoes. For the hair, I absolutely wanted to have her hair tied in a bun with her decorative comb, but I ended up settling with tying it in a bun and stick the comb on there X) (I had to put the comb in there, since it's actually an important object for Kelly.) Oh and her hair is curly, so when adding the "texture" to it, I went in curls instead of my usual straight lines. I think it went well in that part For her stature, well she's a short character. I'm used to draw normal-sized/tall people, so it was new to me. I *think* I pulled it off? And for her shoes... I hate drawing shoes, especially with heels like this ^^; XD But I guess it was good enough.

Last edited by OkikuMew; 02-26-2014 at 05:51 AM.
Old 06-06-2014, 11:46 PM   #6
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Present time, present time! ^^ And this is for... *drumroll* Blaze! ^^ Ok I'm 45 minutes late for your birthday, but whatever; better late than never! :P

Happy Birthday! ^^ *hugs*

My self-comments!
Not bad at all, for my first time drawing a Swoobat! ^^ I did my best to put in the personality of Remilia (Blaze's vampire Swoobat in Fizzy Bubbles) into it to give a bit of a "twist" of a usual one. Notice the fangs? :P I also had fun with trying to give a bit of texture to the "fluffy neck" by rubbing my finger on the drawing a bit X3 I also practice a bit on my color differences, but I think it went well with that except maybe the wings and feet which could've been darker.

Old 06-06-2014, 11:58 PM   #7
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
It's great Okiku. It's actually swaying my opinion of Swoobat quite a bit. :3
Old 07-05-2014, 02:58 PM   #8
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeVA View Post
It's great Okiku. It's actually swaying my opinion of Swoobat quite a bit. :3
*is late* Hehe, you're very welcome Blaze

So a while back I was digging through my papers on my desk to find my laptop's instructions book, and during that I've found some old drawing that I haven't uploaded! :o So here they are! ^^

This was a quick draft/semi-failed Virizion gijinka, one that would show up in an old RP back on Serebii to be precise. I find that the idea i had was pretty great, however the execution was another story, especially the boots ^^; And yes, for those wondering, her hair is a bit based on Aika's 'do in Skies of Arcadia.

This is Shiba Saori, a samurai character I wanted to create for the Feudal Japan/Asia tabletop RPG, Legend of the Five Rings. It's totally not the best of my work, but i do love the details (minus the Phoenix emblem) I made to the armor Too bad I never used that drawing and play that character... as I ended up playing as a much-more-fun-to-play, femme fatale-esque spy diplomat XP

Old 07-07-2014, 04:49 AM   #9
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Welp, when I scanned those found pictures the other day, it wasn't just that that I scanned... I also scanned... Lilblue's birthday gift! ^^ So PRESENT TIME, PRESENT TIME, OPEN THE PRESENT AND SEE WHAT'S INSIDE!

A Carbink just for you :3 Happy Birthday Lilblue! ^^ *hugs*

Self-comments will come later; I'm supposed to get ready for work, here! ^^;

Old 07-07-2014, 08:07 AM   #10
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkikuMew View Post
Welp, when I scanned those found pictures the other day, it wasn't just that that I scanned... I also scanned... Lilblue's birthday gift! ^^ So PRESENT TIME, PRESENT TIME, OPEN THE PRESENT AND SEE WHAT'S INSIDE!

A Carbink just for you :3 Happy Birthday Lilblue! ^^ *hugs*

Self-comments will come later; I'm supposed to get ready for work, here! ^^;
D'awhawhaw, it's adorable~ I love the little ribbon. ^-^ *hugs* Thanks, OM!
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 08:27 PM   #11
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbleucorsola View Post

D'awhawhaw, it's adorable~ I love the little ribbon. ^-^ *hugs* Thanks, OM!
Hehehe, you're welcome! ^^

Now that I have time, time for my auto-comments!

Woo, I think I did very good with this! \o/ I think I nailed down pretty well the shading, especially rock vs. crystals on its body ^^ I think the only thing I messed up a bit though is the size of the crystal on its head, and the fact there's no shading on the bow, which makes it a bit weird/stand out with the shaded Carbink. But whatevs, OMG IT'S SO CUTE 83

Old 09-14-2016, 05:58 PM   #12
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Let's revive this up a little, shall we?

So I had this really random idea today. I thought of doing some sketches of random people I see on my way to work (or my way back home) in Montreal that catches my eye. People that have an usual style, that just screams personality, whatever. The kind that stands out in a crowd in an odd, awesome way. Oddawesome. Anyways out of the few people I thought of, of those I saw so far:
  • Random dude: Guy in mid-20s with thick glasses, big green, cowboy-ish rain hat, black t-shirt with the "codebar prison" thing, blue shorts with flamingos and beach balls, Duck Hunt backpack. Just everything is so random, yet he just looks dam cool.
  • Doc Brown: Old 70+ guy, wearing baseball cap with his white frizzy hair sticking out all around it, very 80's USA jacket, plain jeans or shorts, sandals and white socks. Seriously, you would try and look of the DeLorean was around.
  • The monk: mid-20s to early 30s guy, clean shaven for the exception of a tiny ponytail in the back of his head, long orange t-shirt, matching orange skirt or otherwise tissue acting as such, sandals, always have a book of some kind in hand. I'm pretty sure he's there just to find new followers into his religion or sect or something, but usually those who do that are either boring or sketchy. Not this guy though, he looks like he could go in a convention that way and take whatever monk-like character that exists and he'll fit right in.

So what do you guys think?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Fanart & Fanfiction