UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 05-04-2013, 09:24 AM   #276
Talon87
時の彼方へ

This is getting to be ridiculous. -_-; While I'm waiting to hear back from phoopes before pressing on with my OU experiment in Pokémon Showdown, I'm back to playing Random Battles. And I can't even begin to list off the number of mid-battle forfeits I've had this morning. I want to honestly say, not fucking exaggerating, that it's been somewhere in the neighborhood of 35% to 45% of all battles I've been in this morning.

Originally I decided against saying anything ("beating a dead horse" and whatnot), but what prompted me to post right now was this. There was this one battle I was in two battles ago where the guy forfeited on Turn 10. To me, it was clearly a case of yet another PS crybaby, but I decided the evidence unimpressive enough to not be worth sharing the link. "Besides," I said, "they're probably tired of hearing me harp on this point." THE NEXT FUCKING BATTLE, I shit you not, I GET SOME BOZO WHO FORFEITS ON TURN 2. Turn fucking 2. -_-; You can watch it for yourself here. Turn 1? His Ditto U-Turns away. I give him benefit of the doubt that he recognizes this Jumpluff probably has Flying Gem and will be using Acrobatics ... but I still want to use Acrobatics anyway, come what may. Anyway, he switches in a Ground/Dark CAP Pokémon. Good call, I guess? Except no, not really? U-Turn? ^^; So he calls it back immediately, perhaps realizing his own error ... only to send out ... Bellossum? Who is weak to both U-Turn and Acrobatics? I U-Turn ... and before I can even see my screen for who to send out, he jets. What the hell. And no, he doesn't just disconnect: he purposely leaves the room, rendering an auto-victory for me, zero-second delay. Just ... UGH! -_-; TWO FORFEITS IN A ROW! AND ONE AS EARLY AS TURN 2! WHAT IS WITH YOU PEOPLE!?
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:38 AM   #277
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Random battles is where most the dumbasses live unfortunately. Most of the actual tiers are much better. Come play NU like nobody forfeits there.

Playing Smogon randbats is like playing PO Ubers. 3/4 of the people are complete idiots.
Old 05-04-2013, 01:35 PM   #278
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeVA View Post
Come play NU like nobody forfeits there.
So, you actually tempted me to make an NU team. So I threw one quickly together, and ... *sigh* ... my opponent doesn't know how to Pokemans.

Then you PMed me on PS, so you and I fought and ... here is the replay of that battle.

Spoiler: show
Honestly, the moment I saw your team, I figured I had lost. But I held my own -- go go strategic calls and switches -- and at one point you seemed to give up. (Unless I mistook confidence for defeatism? ^^; ) But I said it was still anyone's game, and sure enough it was. It ended up becoming very close, and pretty much boiled down in that final turn to:
  1. who is faster between Armaldo and Eelektross
  2. how many turns will it take Eelektross to KO Armaldo
  3. how many turns will it take Armaldo to KO Eelektross
You had the first of those three in your favor, but unfortunately the last of those three went with me, much to even my own surprise. (I honestly thought that Miltank's death + your Leftovers recovery signed my death sentence for that match.) And the middle one was just barely favorable enough for me -- 2HKO, not the precious OHKO you needed -- for me to eke out a victory. 1-0 win, 0-1 loss. Either way, it was very much down to the wire there at the end.

After battling with Blaze, I decided to try my luck at a third battle. Here is that battle. It ... did not go over well.

My opponent, with an NU rating in the 1800s, was a seasoned veteran who recognized every trick, knew the winner of every speed tie, etc. Turn 1, for example? I honestly thought that Articuno had that speed race won. Didn't realize Sawk was so fast. So what was planned as a free Hurricane for me soon became a free Stone Edge for him. 6-5, just like that. Turn 2? He totally called that I'd try to W-o-W him, and so now twice in a row I found myself humiliated by this guy. Damn. Anyway, the battle did not go well. 30 turns in, my opponent emerged victorious, and I had lost 0-5. >_<

So I needed a pick-me-up after that brutal beating. On to Game #4! Aaaaaaand ... my first 0-6 wipeout in perhaps years. Daaaayum.

This one boiled down to one simple problem very early on in the battle: I don't know what the fuck Golem runs. As a result, I was completely caught off guard by his running Rock Blast. Had I known he had Rock Blast, I'd have never even bothered with trying to hide behind a Substitute. (Although I'm pretty sure I do it once again later in the match, Golem vs. Jynx, just out of sheer desperation and praying that he'll be paralyzed or miss or something. ^^; ) Turn 8 was terrible for my team. I was very confident (and, tbh, I still think I made the right call :\) that he would retreat Golem for somebody else. I was also optimistic that Shed Skin would work immediately. Let me tell you something -- Shed Skin can go suck a dick. As you can see in this battle, it never worked for me except "once" -- and that one time was when Rest was going to fade away ANYWAY! Ugh. -_-;

So now I really needed a pick-me-up battle. And luckily enough, I got it in my fifth ever NU battle. Sadly? This 5-0 sweep turned out to be me accidentally bullying some little kid named Sean whose ranking is in the 900s. ¬_¬;

So yeah. NU's been a bit of a bitch. It'll definitely take time to adjust to this playing field should I prolong my stay here. Kinda doubtful, but we'll see.

Question for Blaze though: why is Jynx NU legal if PS is Smogon's battle simulator and if Smogon says Jynx is RU?
Old 05-04-2013, 03:49 PM   #279
phoopes
Double Dragon

Well Talon I don't really know what to tell you, I guess that's my mistake. I'm usually policing the chat when I'm on PS so I don't battle nearly as much as I used to. Guess the number of quitters has risen substantially since we've gotten a flood of newer players.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:00 PM   #280
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Quote:
Galvantula falling the NU would be hilarious, because,

11 | Galvantula | 12.85463% [Source]

That isn't going to happen anytime soon. Galvantula is perfectly happy in the Ru tier.

If it were to fall into Nu, it would be unstoppable, since there are all of NO good special walls in NU outside of Shitishity and Gardevoir.

Also, Beheeyem in NU is equivalent to an atomic bomb.
I wasn't really referring to Galvantula in particular. I just meant in general, as my usual "Why does everyone complain about their favorites being low tier?" counterpoint.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:23 PM   #281
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindrindra View Post
I wasn't really referring to Galvantula in particular. I just meant in general, as my usual "Why does everyone complain about their favorites being low tier?" counterpoint.
It's not so much that people complain about their favorites being in Tier X. It's that people complain about their favorites being split between Tiers X, Y, and possibly more. For example, if all of Jenny's favorites were in OU, then she wouldn't have much reason for complaint (other metagame complaints aside ). But say her favorite six Pokémon are Gengar, Steelix, Meganium, Jumpluff, Jirachi, and Togekiss. Jenny finds herself in the uncomfortable position of having to choose between her favorites. If she wants to use Gengar or Jirachi, then she has to not use Steelix or Meganium because they can't handle the OU environment. And if she wants to use Meganium or Steelix, then she can't use Gengar, Jirachi, or Togekiss because they're considered too powerful for NU. Having to split up her top six favorites -- this is what upsets Jenny. This is what upsets the majority of Pokémon fans who complain about tiers.

If all of my favorites were allowed in UU, then I would quit bitching about OU having morphed into Übers Junior and I would simply relocate to UU and call it home sweet home. But the simple fact of the matter is that Starmie is still OU (and I'm happy for him that he is -- one of only two Pokémon to remain OU five generations in a row! ) so he's not allowed to play in UU. And Staraptor is BL so he's not allowed to play either. Even if he struggles a bit in OU, Mamoswine still calls OU his home, far too powerful to be allowed to play in UU. That's 50% of my team right there, Kind. In fact, only two of my team members are currently UU legal (Togekiss and Galvantula), so I'm kinda fucked-trapped. If I stay put in OU, I hate the format because {REASONS}. If I leave OU, I hate my new home because WHERE THE FUCK ARE MY FAVORITES?
Old 05-04-2013, 07:13 PM   #282
phoopes
Double Dragon

Talon if you do move to UU be warned it's pretty much like an OU junior. I haven't played the tier on a consistent basis in a few months but it was sort of like that when I played and it's even more so from what I've heard nowadays.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:53 PM   #283
Talon87
時の彼方へ

NU Battles:
Wherein I outsmart a Choice Scarf Primeape. This was a good battle imo. If you enjoy watching people's battles, I think you'll enjoy this one. Lots of twists and turns, but very competent play throughout. Do I win? Do I lose? You'll just have to click to find out. But you do know at least thing: I outsmart a Choice Scarf Primeape. (Or at least I assume he was Choice Scarfed. Fast little bugger ...)

Wherein divine intervention wrests victory from my grasp. This too was a good battle, and by the end of it I was 4-2 winning, but then the server crashed. Thankfully I was awarded the win because right when the server crashed my opponent was supposed to choose someone new to send out, so the server blamed him for taking too long instead of me. Thank goodness. -.-;

Random Battle Battles:
Yet another forfeit. ^^; This was my first battle after taking a half-day break, and whaddya know, it's a forfeit.

AND ANOTHER ONE! -_-; TWO IN A ROW! MY FIRST TWO BATTLES SINCE TAKING A BREAK! AND BOTH END LIKE THIS! Ugh.

Wherein Houndoom vs. Silcoon proves to be a wretchedly unfair lead mismatch. No need to watch this one unless you want to see a cruel 5-0 sweep by yours truly. Nothing to brag about here: Nasty Plot and Milk Drink did 99% of the work.

Wherein Talon says the darnedest things. This was a pretty difficult battle and I would recommend checking it out in full if you like difficult battles. But I recommend everyone at least load this battle up and skip to Turn 28 or so (not the very end, which is Turn 30; you want context) to check out the highlight of this match:

a Going To Hell line I say at the very end. After I said this, there was just a solid minute or two of silence before my opponent left without saying a word. hahahahaha ^^; I think I accidentally emasculated him. He must've thought, "I can't believe I lost to someone like that!"

'Meowth, that's right!' ... ahahahahaha, it's still crackin' me up. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
Talon if you do move to UU be warned it's pretty much like an OU junior. I haven't played the tier on a consistent basis in a few months but it was sort of like that when I played and it's even more so from what I've heard nowadays.
Wait, by "OU Junior" do you mean OU of Olde Junior? Or do you mean OU of Today Junior, a.k.a. Übers Junior Junior, a.k.a. Übers the Third? Surely it can't be Übers the Third. I mean, yeah, it might have rain, but it has my kind of rain: Gen 4 rain, with a Damp Rock. There's no Drizzle here. There's no Ferrothorn or Scizor or Jirachi shrouded by rainfall. There's no Tornadus or Thundurus or Terrakion. How could it be Übers the Third? It couldn't possibly be. Surely you mean to suggest that modern UU is the "Son of OU", which I am more than aware of given the presence of such OU legends as Zapdos and Snorlax in the tier, and am quite fine with (even if I'm sure plenty of Gen 4 UU lovers aren't ^^; ).

BTW, phoopes. Did you hear back from your bosses yet? Are they:
a) investigating this and want me to still sit tight so I don't fuck with my OU history of 1 W 0 L 0 T?
b) investigating this but don't need me to sit tight? I can go ahead and play in OU again?
c) not investigating this, and thus I don't need to sit tight?

I assume it's Letter C, but in the event it's Letter A I've been sitting tight and haven't touched OU since last night.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:34 PM   #284
phoopes
Double Dragon

Oh yeah I forgot to tell you everything's normal with your ranking. I have no clue how the Glicko2 thing works at all either but one of the mods who does a lot of programming said it was normal so no worries there!

And yes "Son of OU" is more what I was going for, exactly.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:25 PM   #285
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Wherein FUCK JOLTEON! and FUCK YEAH Steelix and Umbreon are bros!

Wherein Mewtwo sucks and Bastiodon is king.

Wherein what was I thinking on Turn 30?
Old 05-05-2013, 09:42 AM   #286
Talon87
時の彼方へ

So, I just played two matches of PS OU, my first since I quit because of the perceived glitch. I really wish I had saved the first of these, but unfortunately I didn't, pissed off at how it ended. It was a pretty decent fight but the odds were definitely stacked against my lackluster OU team: the other guy had Choice Scarf Terrakion, Choice Scarf Jirachi, and a slew of other threats. It ended up being an 0-1 defeat by the narrowest of margins -- one more hit was all I needed to make it 1-0 instead of 0-1 -- and considering my opponent's OU score was in the 1700s, it was all the better performance on my part. But like I said, I was pretty upset at losing to Scarf Jirachi (Iron Head hax, fucking A), so I quit on ragey instinct, regretting it moments later but far too late. Oh well. Just take my word for it: I lost, but it was a good fight. ^^;

Here's the second one. It wasn't as good of a fight, but it too ends with only one Pokémon left standing.

It was a tiny bit more gimmicky, and because of that I honestly underestimated my opponent at first. (See: me using Thunderbolt on Turn 1 when it's clear he'd switch to Donphan. But I honestly rejected it as unlikely given how gimmicky his team seemed to me to be! ) Then I overestimated him and made some poor calls that were the result of giving him too much credit! (See: me switching to Hydreigon on Turn 11 instead of to Mamoswine. I totally figured he would expect me to think he was going to Thunderbolt and thus was going to use HP: Fire or something to hit Mamoswine as it switched in! I can't believe he actually did use Thunderbolt! ^^; ) So yeah, I make a few dumb errors, the sort I usually give others shit for. Feel free to feast on those? ;p But other than a few poor bluffs or mistaken calls on my part in the first half, I think I did okay. Definitely outsmarted him several times on some switches later on, as you'll see if you watch it.

As much as I wub Galvantula, and as much as he does pull his weight (like in the battle I just linked, for example!), I'm considering swapping him out for a Steel type. I may -- may -- even violate my long-held rule about "NO LEGENDARIES! " and run Jirachi. A, 'cause it's adorable. B, 'cause it's pretty damn good. C, 'cause it's an excellent anti-Terrakion, and Staraptor, Mamoswine, and Togekiss would really appreciate that. Hell, so would even Starmie. (Fucking Choice Scarf Terrakion. -_-; ) But I dunno, we'll see. I might leave Galvantula in and drop Hydreigon (*LE GASP!* :o [ ]) instead. Actually ... I could go with Metagross. :o I've always liked Metagross, and unlike Jirachi, he's not a legendary. Hmmmmmm ... yeah ... Metagross could be good. Hmm ......... we will see.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:19 AM   #287
Emi

If you are worried about HP Fire then are you running Thick Fat? Thick Fat is actually really good for Mamoswine.

And nice job Talon in that last battle! I was seriously scared that Dragonite was CBed. If it was, you could have kissed your win goodbye. Galvantula is OHKOd after Stealth Rock, and I'm not sure about how much health Starmie had but ESpeed does a max of like 75%. It's terrifying.

A Scarf Jolteon though? What!? I think your Hydreigon is scarfed, so that it why I'm saying that.

Also no Metagross. Metagross is in all reality a bad Pokemon who is simply overshadowed by the other Steel types in OU. Jirachi is a much better call(especially since ScarfJirachi is pretty rare now, Specially Defensive Rachi is the most common set nowadays). Keep in mind though that Scarf Terrakion outspeeds Scarf Jirachi, and Jirachi HATES switching in on CC. Especially from the rarer Banded versions.

Might I suggest a different check? (Yes, there are only checks to Terrakion, but this one comes close to a counter). Since your team is weak to CS Terrakion, maybe replacing Galvantula or Hydreigon with Landorus-T it a safe bet. Intimidate plus a resistance to CC is a god-send for your team, and he can hit back hard with Earthquake.

A set of

Landorus-T @ Leftovers
200 HP/ 64 ATK/ 244 DEF
Adamant Nature
-Earthquake
-U-Turn
-Stone Edge
-Gravity(or Stealth Rock is you a paranoid of spinners)

Hydreigon is also a solid teammate, though a shared Ice weakness can be an issue.

Just saw this on the analysis. ^^; I've used Landorus-T before and can attest that it is the closest thing to a counter this side of the Mississippi.

And please, PLEASE DON'T USE GLISCOR!!!
Old 05-05-2013, 11:23 AM   #288
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Send a message via MSN to Rangeet Send a message via Skype™ to Rangeet
So I am tempted to get back into this. I suppose we're now using Pokemon Showdown or something, which presumably I can google. Are all the pokemon and tiers still on Smogon like before? And most important, is HO[Hyper-Offense] still a viable strategy?

Edit: Also, is the horrible mechanic of seeing your opponent's team before the match still there?
Old 05-05-2013, 11:28 AM   #289
Emi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangeetsuper View Post
So I am tempted to get back into this. I suppose we're now using Pokemon Showdown or something, which presumably I can google. Are all the pokemon and tiers still on Smogon like before? And most important, is HO[Hyper-Offense] still a viable strategy?

Edit: Also, is the horrible mechanic of seeing your opponent's team before the match still there?
Yes, all the Pokemon and tiers are still on Smogon.
HO get a huge hit with the loss of Deoxys-D, but it is still viable, yes. You have some really nice scarfers now too.
Team Preview is still around.
Old 05-05-2013, 05:43 PM   #290
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

*Le sigh*

May as well give it a try, I suppose...
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Old 05-05-2013, 05:59 PM   #291
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Wherein I have to admit that I enjoyed playing with Azelf.
Quote:
{lots of stuff, edited out for space}
Regarding Mamoswine's ability: yes, it's Thick Fat. No, I'm not worried about HP Fire for him. O_o I'm worried about Drain Punch, Close Combat, Hydro Pump, Scald, Surf, etc. In general, sure, I'd be worried about Fire for him or anybody else, but my team currently isn't that Fire-weak. Galvantula's the only one (now that Mamoswine can have DW abilities in all formats and not just DW OU, which has been the case for some time now).

Regarding Hydreigon's item and Jolteon's speed: Hydreigon's not Scarfed. But I suspected Jolteon was not because of its speed (uh, no, everyone knows Jolteon's mad fast ) but because his move usage suggested choice lockage. Maybe I missed a part where he switched between moves. I was in the heat of battle and had my mind on many factors at once, so I could've missed that. Feel free to point out if he did. But IIRC (not going back to check right now), he would always use a move and then either a) run away immediately or else b) repeat that move and then run away. It made it seem like he couldn't stay out, which to me suggests choice lockage. Choice Scarf Jolteon isn't surprising as coupled with Jolteon's naturally high speed stat it makes him much faster than threats who have Dragon Danced once or maybe even twice.

Regarding Metagross: Yeah, but you'd tell me not to use Galvantula either. So between Galvantula the RU arachnid and Metagross the OU steel arachnoid, I think you'd rather I use Metagross anyway. hahahaha You have to keep in mind: I really don't fancy the cheatey "just one wegendawy pwetty pwease? " rule that half the fanbase pleaded for in 1999 and won NoA over with. I've always been on the "No Legendaries. Legendaries are cheap " side of the fence, and it'd feel ... I dunno, very wrong to use a Jirachi. It'd be like a Christian becoming an atheist or vice versa. hahahahaha [/overblown analogies?] But we'll see. Jirachi is adorable.

Regarding Landorus: Are you insane? ^_^; Staraptor, weak to Ice. Togekiss, weak to Ice. Hydreigon, weak to Ice. Mamoswine, weak to Ice were it not for Thick Fat. That's three (and until recently four) of my six Pokémon with an Ice weakness. There's no way I'm adding Captain 4-X to the team with his 4x weakness to Ice. ^^; That stated, sure, I'll look into it. The team might like every other aspect to Landorus minus his Ice weakness. We'll see. Though if I'm going to be cheating and using a legendary anyway, it's going to come down to Jirachi vs. Landorus and I'm pretty certain that Jirachi is going to win.

Regarding Gliscor: You have nothing to worry about: because I dislike Gliscor. ^_^; (BLASPHEMY!, I know. ) Not because he's amazing or anything. (On the contrary, my team pretty much always easily dispatches with Gliscor. ^^;; Four of my dudes have muchos experience OHKOing the sucker.) I just don't like his design. Takes a design I already didn't care for and makes it even worse. (Sorry, Gliscor fans! ^^; )
Old 05-05-2013, 06:12 PM   #292
Celebii151
ADCs in 2017 LUL

Send a message via Skype™ to Celebii151
Mamoswine has a neutral resistance to Ice, which becomes a full resistance with Thick Fat.
Celebii151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:29 PM   #293
phoopes
Double Dragon

Regarding Jolteon: Specs Jolteon isn't too uncommon. Could've been the case there.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:07 PM   #294
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebii151 View Post
Mamoswine has a neutral resistance to Ice, which becomes a full resistance with Thick Fat.
Thanks for the correction. I thought Ice was neutral to Ice, not resistant to Ice. Still though. Not sure I want four Ice weaknesses on the team when currently I've already got three. ^^;
Old 05-05-2013, 08:46 PM   #295
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Ice being neutral to Ice would give it no resistances.

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:09 PM   #296
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Ice being neutral to Ice would give it no resistances.
As one might say in the ASB, "Ice in being a shitty defensive type shocker".
Old 05-05-2013, 10:08 PM   #297
Haymez
Decidedly Epic

Send a message via Skype™ to Haymez
So, I have also been playing NU recently. It seems to be a popular tier around UPN.

Anyway, I just had this match, which went pretty much like any other match. The real thing is round 20, the guy goes on this big rant about Hax and stuff. Commentary in spoiler below.

Turn 1-2: I lead with Seismitoad in order to get rocks up early, seeing half his team is rock-weak. He opens with Armaldo, which is clearly a spinner/rock set up, so I just go for the KO early with scald.

Turn 3-4: He sends out Kangaskhan, I just try to rocks up before he takes me out, but sadly I don't.

Turn 5-6: I go into Golurk thinking he couldn't hurt me all that much, but I totally forgot about scrappy. -_- I take it out but get beaten by Sneasel the next turn.

Turn 7-8: I bring in Armaldo, intending to spin away rocks, but I predicted he'd go to Drifblim to block it, so I decided on the safe move to use Stone Edge, which would take out Drifblim if he switched and Sneasel if he stayed in, but no, he gets the freeze on Ice Punch. 10% chance and he gets it. Turn 7 is why I have no sympathy later on and I say as much in Turn 20.

Turn 9-10: I bring in Pinsir to do the exact same thing with stone edge. I'm not worried at all because I'm scarfed, and I figure I'm fine once he switches to Drifblim, but after using his focus sash unburden activates and he outspeeds with acrobatics. That was a good play on his part, though I personally would have gone to Gurdurr.

Turn 11: I bring in Musharna to take whatever he wants to do, but I anticipated a switch, and went for thunder wave to cripple whatever he went to. He doesn't switch, and after taking acrobatics easily I get the para on Drifblim.

Turn 12-14: Now he switches into Sneasel, predicting Psychic, which was a nice play, but in Turn 13 I anticipate the taunt since he knows all I can do is use t-wave, so I make the switch into Kadabra to take the taunt and finish Sneasel with signal beam.

Turn 15: His Kadabra comes in, and I know i'm in trouble if I don't win the speed tie and take it out. I do go first, but he has the focus sash, and takes me out the same turn.

Turn 16-17: I only have Musharna left, and I finish off Kadabra only after taking a Shadow Ball, putting me pretty low on health, which I am not comfortable with at all. Gurdurr comes in and I survive payback with 6% and I get off moonlight bringing me to safer ranges.

Turn 18-19: This is where crazy things start to happen. I didn't think I could kill it with psychic, and I was afraid of being shot down by Payback. I go for t-wave to make sure I go first later. Probably not the best move, after some calcs I see that I could have taken him out with a pair of psychics before he could have beaten me. During Turn 19 when I go for the first Psychic he gets the parahax.

Turn 20-21: Big long rant about Hax and how terrible it is. He goes on about how he's had so much trouble with Hax recently, but after the freeze in turn 7 I'm not really feeling sorry for him. After about five minutes of waiting to see if he's done ranting I turn on the timer at which point he moves and it finishes.

Not my best match, especially towards the end, but I though it was worth sharing.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:03 AM   #298
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Hey look, I did a match!

As Blaze is probably aware, this team has seen quite the switching up from it's first iteration (I ran an Alomomoa at some point @__@). Turns out what I really needed was a way to deal with that goshdarmned Snorlax, who has been the bane of my team many a time (Does every UU team run him, or something?!?!).

EDIT: And Another. I made some odd calls in this one, but there were some fun mindgames.

EDIT 2: How slow can you go? (In which I have -6 speed, am paralyzed, and am holding an Iron Ball, yet still sweep.)
Quote:

Last edited by Kindrindra; 05-06-2013 at 02:10 AM.
Old 05-06-2013, 03:35 AM   #299
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Send a message via MSN to Rangeet Send a message via Skype™ to Rangeet
Look at this battle.

http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uu-17413113

Do you think hax?

Think again.

I run Super Luck. Yes, I know, still a little lucky, but.

Also, me vs Kind.

Last edited by Rangeet; 05-06-2013 at 06:42 AM.
Rangeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:08 PM   #300
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Wherein Mamoswine uses Superpower four times in a row.

Regarding my logic on Turn 13: I didn't think Starmie could OHKO Galvantula with Surf. I also was worried that Galvantula might have Choice Scarf. So I decided to sort of scout and make things ideal for my three remaining teammates. If the Galvantula proved to be Scarfed (which I'd find out by being outsped), then I'd know he was locked into Bug Buzz and I'd send out Staraptor or Togekiss. If the Galvantula proved to be not Scarfed, then I'd send out Togekiss (because she's bulkier than Hydreigon). But either way, Togekiss would take 25% damage from Stealth Rock. I didn't want her to do that if I could help it. So I figured I may as well spend my turn (Turn 13) using Rapid Spin. If I was outsped, it didn't matter anyway, but at least I'd win since I had two Flying/Normals who would 2x resist Bug Buzz. If I wasn't outsped, then it would give Togekiss every last ounce of HP she'd need to survive an Electric attack and fire back with Flamethrower for the hopeful win.

Unfortunately, my opponent did prove to be unscarfed. Fortunately, his only Electric move seemed to be Volt Switch. Unfortunately, this not only KO'd Starmie (duh) but also did 55% HP damage to Togekiss. O_o Shit. But thankfully I was overthinking things anyway and it didn't matter: Togekiss still OHKO'd with Flamethrower. (TO-GE-KISS! TO-GE-KISS! TO-GE-KISS!)

Wherein Kurt Vonnegut pens the sequel, Slaughterhouse Six.

Why do you send Volcarona out while Stealth Rock is still on the field and you still have your Starmie? I guess he lacks Rapid Spin?

My final comment on Turn 15 was written the moment he said gg, which preceded Tyranitar's death onscreen and Blissey being switched in and also dying to Stealth Rock. I had forgotten / not realized just how weak Blissey was when he switched her out. I guess his plan had been to maybe have Starmie use Rapid Spin down the line, but he abandoned that plan once Turn 13 ended and he was down to his final three Pokémon. Not sure why he used Ice Beam though. Did he seriously think I'd switch out? Does he seriously not have Thunderbolt on his Starmie? I think we can all agree that what probably should've been a 5-0 or even a 4-0 victory only became a 6-0 victory because of that huge blunder on his part. I mean, he won the speed tie. (Or, if scarfed, was bound to outspeed me anyway as I'm not scarfed.) He totally should've Thunderbolted.

But yeah, wow. He only ever saw Togekiss, Mamoswine, and Starmie. I mean, granted, Team Preview let him see the other three, but I'm saying that I only switched twice all match. Togekiss to Mamoswine on Turn 6, and Mamoswine to Starmie on Turn 11.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON