UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Visionary Glade

Old 03-16-2019, 06:25 AM   #1
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Empoleon Origins and Experiences

Visionary Glade used to keep track of origin stories and special experiences.

Xander
Cyndaquil

Jared

Glen

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 06:26 AM   #2
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Cyndaquil

It had been a long couple of nights, he wasn't used to being up this late. Xander had been working as a bouncer at a night club to make some extra cash. He'd just finished his final shift and boy had it been eventful. He had a run in with a group of young hoodlums, their leader had tried to force his way into the club but Xander had put a stop to that. He was now on his way to the local Pokemon Centre to spend the night. Chimchar was resting on his shoulder, the Sinnoh Fire Starter was a warming presence on a cold night. The streets were dimly lit, most of the street lights appeared to be smashed, the few that remained flickered on and off. This was far from the best part of town. As he passed an alley, a pained cry caught the attention of both him and Chimchar.

He recognised the boys instantly, it was the same group who had tried to get into the nightclub. It looked like they'd found their entertainment, as they took turns kicking around a small Pokemon that had curled itself into a ball. The Pokemon cried out as each kick connected, eventually it was too much and it was forced to uncurl, slumping across the ground. Xander pulled out his Pokedex, aiming it at the tormented Pokemon.

His first thought was right, it was a Cyndaquil. He had spent a few years in the Johto region growing up and had come across the species a handful of times. They were timid Pokemon, often shy around people they didn't know. These boys had taken advantage of it, this kind of abuse couldn't go unpunished. "Chimchar push they back with an Ember!" Chimchar was already leaping off his shoulder before he muttered the words, its flaming rear burning with increased intensity. It spits out a shower of embers, stinging the backs of the hoodlums and drawing their attention. A couple of the embers settle on the Cyndaquil's back, causing its flames to suddenly reignite.

"Well we meet again mister big tough bouncer, I'll make you pay for what you did to me back there!" The boy he'd beaten pulls a Pokeball out from inside his jacket, Xander knew he was concealing a Pokemon! The boy releases a Cacturne from the ball, the Grass typed scarecrow would be a decent opponent for Chimchar, but overall the type advantage would be its undoing. Chimchar leaps into action, it seemed eager to aid the Cyndaquil. "Ember Chimchar, then go for the Assist." Chimchar was happy to oblige, spitting another spray of Embers from its mouth, peppering the Cacturne's chest. The Grass type stumbles back against the the super effective blow, but it would take more than that to put a stop to it. It fires back, taking aim with a Dark Pulse as its trainer screeches orders at it. Chimchar leaps onto a nearby fire escape, quickly scaling it to avoid the attack. The little chimp sure was resourceful. Xander then looks to his belt, one of his Pokeballs begins to glow. Charizard's Pokeball. Chimchar leaps down from the fire escape, arms ablaze as it strikes the Cacturne with a powerful Crossfire. The Cacturne is smashed into the ground as Chimchar wields the power of his ally, Charizard. Chimchar then begins to spit embers at the hoodlums, forcing them to retreat as their clothes catch fire. The leader recalls his Cacturne before he flees, they'd gotten exactly what they deserved. Xander scooped up the Cyndaquil, it was in really bad shape. The flames on its back petered out, it didn't even struggle as he pulled it to his chest. Chimchar leapt back onto his shoulder as he turned and raced towards the Pokemon Centre with haste.

The doors of the Pokemon Centre slid open as he approached, dashing to the front desk he quickly called for a nurse. One quickly presented herself and whisked Cyndaquil away, instructing him to come back in the morning. Xander grabs a bunk with Chimchar and the pair get some sleep, someone uneasy sleep as concern for Cyndaquil plagues Xander's mind.

By the next morning, Cyndaquil is healthy again, physically at least. The nurse explained to Xander that Cyndaquil would need a kind and carrying hand if it was to recover completely, she encouraged him to take the Cyndaquil. Cyndaquil was a bit reluctant at first, but after all Xander and Chimchar had done for it, it was willing to give the trainer a chance.

Old 03-26-2020, 02:34 AM   #3
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Xander hadn’t felt right for months. Ever since that Dusknoir had dragged his soul from his body, something had been off. He’d been doing his best to work through it, but it was beginning to take its toll. He wasn’t sleeping properly, his appetite had dropped and he’d been plagued by a string of throbbing migraines. Almost every night he had the same recurring dream, where he once again found himself stuck in that odd dimension. He had no explanation as to why he was still being affected by the experience and no one he’d spoken to about it knew either. Getting desperate and clutching at straws, Xander had contacted an elder from the Sinnoh region that he’d gotten to know when he was younger.

The elder had asked for a full recount of the experience, something Xander didn’t exactly enjoy reliving. Almost immediately, the elder was able to suggest a possible cause for what he was experiencing. The elder believed a piece of Xander maybe have become trapped in the other dimension, which would explain why he was still not himself. Concern began to grow within Xander. How was he meant to become whole again? Surely he wouldn’t have to experience what he did with Dusknoir all over again?! Thankfully the elder had a solution, but it didn’t exactly sound any easier.

“Giratina”, spoke the elder, “you remember the stories?” Xander did, he remembered them well. The stories of Giratina were some of his favourites as a kid. A Legendary Pokemon native to the Sinnoh region, Giratina was known for its ability to dwell between dimensions. Most stories of Giratina mentioned the Distortion World, however there were stories of Giratina traveling through other dimensions as well. “I know of only one way to summon Giratina, although I must admit I have never seen it succeed. Legends say that if one buries themselves alive in a shallow grave in the centre of a graveyard, Giratina will appear as you take your last breath. Have three Pokemon stand vigil over you, should Giratina appear you will need them to revive you. Beware though, as you know from the stories, Giratina is quick to anger, stand your ground long enough and it might see reason and assist you.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Was he seriously going to go through with this? It was a cold night and the gravestones were doing little to block the howling wind. He'd made his way to the centre of the graveyard and with the assistance of his Pokemon, Xander had managed to dig a grave big enough for him to fit in. His Pokemon weren't exactly thrilled with the idea. The trio of Monferno, Frogadier and Grovyle helped to lower the wooden casket into the grave. They were quite insistent on being the ones to help him through this endeavour, but really Xander wouldn't have counted on anyone else. The trio were his best, most reliable Pokemon. He knew if he was to get through this, he'd need their help.

"You guys know the plan right?" Xander questioned, before reminding them once more. "I should have enough oxygen for about an hour, as soon as you see anything, dig me up as fast as you can." The trio nodded and Xander climbed down into the casket. Grovyle carefully placed the lid on top, sealing his trainer in complete darkness. Frogadier and Monferno filled in grave, lightly, making sure not to pack the soil down. Now they just had to wait. They took up position around the grave, their eyes keenly surveying their surroundings.

The hour passed slowly for Xander, it felt like an eternity. He tried not to focus on thoughts of failure and demise, instead he tried to focus on how he'd manage to convince Giratina to help him. Before long his eyes began to get heavy, he could fill himself succumbing to the lack of oxygen. Not long now.....

The trio were getting anxious. It was around the hour mark and they'd seen no signs of movement. How much longer should they wait? If they acted too quickly, they'd blow their chance, if they waited too long, their trainer would die! Monferno was the first to spot it, a long shadow snaking its way between the headstones. A quick signal to his teammates had Frogadier and Grovyle on alert as well. Was it Giratina?

Giiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

The shadow swells, rising up out of the ground it morphs into a towering figure. The gold and grey dragon towered over the starters, its black wings arched out in a terrifying display. The Pokemon didn't falter though, they knew what was on the line. Monferno leapt forth to keep the legend busy while Grovyle and Frogadier began to dig.....

Monferno grinned as he worked up a Nasty Plot, this wasn't going to be easy but they'd planned for this. He let out a tremendous Fire Spin, surrounding the Legendary Pokemon in a tornado of flame! Grovyle and Frogadier breathed a sigh of relief as they reached the casket. Quickly pulling free the lid, they dragged Xander out of the grave, he was unconscious! Thinking quickly, Frogadier quickly put his head to his trainer's chest, he could hear a heartbeat! Confident that their trainer would soon recover, Grovyle and Frogadier took their place alongside Monferno. The Water type let out a Snarl to shake the Legend, whose rage was starting to grow. Frogadier shimmered as his Protean ability switched his type, something they planned to exploit in this fight. A Dragon Breath was added by Grovyle and the two attacks struck home......

They'd made a big mistake. A surge of energy quelled the Fire Spin in an instant and Giratina let loose a terrifying roar. Head arched to the sky, the Legend summoned a meteor from the heavens, DRACO METEOR! Frogadier sprung into action. Leaping towards the attack, he let out a Dazzling Gleam, switching his type to Fairy at an opportune time. The Draco Meteor struck the ninja frog and while the impact was staggering, most of the damage had been negated. With Frogadier still recovering, Grovyle and Monferno were left to fend for themselves. A flap of its wings sends Grovyle and Monferno reeling away from an Air Cutter, the attack is so fast and powerful that they struggle to escape its reach. Scrambling back to his feet, Frogadier slams a fist into the ground, forcing up a Stone Edge to give them some much needed cover. The trio regrouped, looking at their trainer, he was still unconscious. They had to continue on their own. Together they leapt forth, releasing a burst of three attacks. Flamethrower, Hydro Pump and Energy Ball all fly at the Legendary Pokemon, but it suddenly sinks into the ground, disappearing into a shadow. Their attacks miss entirely and the trio stand on edge, unsure where their foe will emerge from....

They're set flying as Giratina spawns beneath them, erupting in a burst of shadows. All three crash to the ground, heavily beaten by that attack. Giratina remains in the air, a Hyper Beam gathering in its mouth. The ground is torn asunder as Giratina attacks wildly, tearing jagged paths across the ground as it pursues its three nimble targets. They knew they couldn't keep this up for long, but they hoped Xander would wake soon, they needed him to.

Xander began to stir, his eyes blinked as he rebooted, his head was throbbing but he was conscious. His limbs felt heavy, it took all his effort just to roll onto his side. He breathed deeply, getting as much air in as he could. He could barely process what he was seeing. His Pokemon were on the evasive as Giratina attacked them relentlessly. It had worked?! Perhaps too well, because it seemed Giratina was pretty pissed. He tried to call out to his Pokemon, but could barely muster a whisper.....

His Pokemon may not have heard him, but Giratina had. How exactly, Xander didn't know, but the Legendary Pokemon was quick to change its focus. Swooping in on ghostly wings, the Dragon crashed to the ground right in front of him. Xander tried to scramble to his feet but he was still recovering and quickly stumbled, falling back to the ground. Giratina began to gather shadows at its mouth, amassing a powerful Shadow Ball.

Monferno, Frogadier and Grovyle rushed to Xander's side. They were hurting but they'd do anything to protect their trainer. Leaping, the three of them throw themselves over their trainer, shielding him as the Shadow Ball bursts over them!

A blinding light erupts, cutting through the darkness and illuminating the entire graveyard. Xander feels a surge of energy as he pulls himself to his feet. In front of him, Monferno, Frogadier and Grovyle stand tall. Their bodies begin to swell and change as their evolution begins to take place. Monferno's limbs elongate and mighty flame erupts atop his head. Frogadier grows larger, his lean limbs become more defined, his features more prominent. Grovyle's tail grows much larger, the leaf atop his head fades and his arm blades develop further. As the light fades, Xander grins as his newly evolved Pokemon stand confidently before him. Infernape, Greninja and Sceptile, he'd almost missed their evolution again, he was certainly glad he hadn't.

"Giratina!" Xander shouted, "We don't wish to fight!" Xander stared up at the Legendary Pokemon waiting for some kind of response. Nothing. While nothing was better than an attack, it still wasn't good enough. "I need your help. I think part of me was lost in another dimension, surely you can help me?" Again, Xander waited for a response, but none came. "Please Giratina, I need to be whole again!" Xander roared, filled with determination.

"What was lost has been found"

A telepathic voice rang through Xander's head, yet it was clear that his Pokemon had heard it as well. Was it Giratina? The Legendary Pokemon suddenly disappeared, sinking into the shadows once more, returning to another dimension. What did it mean? What was lost has been found? He hadn't found anything though?! Or had he.................

Ever since the incident, Xander had been full of self doubt. Despite saving all those people and Pokemon, he felt like he'd somehow failed to do his best. He had been feeling empty and lost, but he didn't really feel like that any more. Now he felt renewed, like his desire to succeed had increased tenfold. Was it all just in his head? "Ahhh guys", Xander chuckled, "I think I'm going to be okay...." All three of his Pokemon sighed, was he for real?!

Monferno, Frogadier and Grovyle evolved into Infernape, Greninja and Sceptile!

Spoiler: show
Alright, it’s my turn now, but I’m going to keep things as civil as I can despite how much this has hurt me. I don’t think anyone could ever question the amount of blood, sweat and tears I’ve put into the game over the last few years. I did so for my own enjoyment and the enjoyment of others. I left recently, then game back because I honestly couldn’t see myself not being part of this community. That changed yesterday, due to the actions of a handful of people. Do I think Gary didn’t say anything? Nope, I’m sure he did. Is he any different than me? Nope, I’ve said plenty of things about people on here who have struck a nerve with me at some point or another. Have people on here said horrible things about people on here to me? Yep. The thing is, this is a social game and everyone is going to have conflicts and want to speak to someone about how they feel and usually they’ll turn to someone they trust and will understand them. As I’ve said, I’ve done it, Gary did it, I’m sure everyone in this community has, to varying degrees. Some people will say Gary could’ve just apologised and we could’ve moved on, but he was never going to be given that opportunity, because this was a witch hunt from the get go. If you take notice of the people who are choosing to leave the community after this, you should probably consider why they’ve decided to do so.

If it hasn’t been made clear enough that this was all a planned assault, let me make it clearer.

Naru was welcomed back with open arms by Gary and myself. When she left we were both shocked and upset, but we were happy to see her back. To my knowledge, both of us had nothing but positive interactions with her since she returned.

Alice had mentioned to me multiple times in the past that her and Gary didn’t have the best relationship. Alice is someone that I’ve confided in at times and at points considered her a friend, although I’ll admit that recently we haven’t talked a lot. The other people that got involved I’m half confident didn’t intend to cause harm through it. Pretty much most of what Emi said was true, although some comes down to her personal perception. I personally had no issue with her not updating but I felt like she was disconnected from the community and wasn’t fulfilling her duties at the time. I do appreciate everything she did post Fizzylution. Shadow I have no idea where all that came from.

I’m not sure whether Alice intended this blowing up like it did and doing this much damage, but I’m certain Naru had every intention of causing as much damage as possible. If you don’t think this was a calculated attack, just look at the timing. She waited until Fizzypendence day for optimum impact, even having the nerve to wait until Gary finished the event that he’d spent months working on. If she really had such an issue with him for so long, why wait as long as she did to do something about it? I’m not saying she didn’t have anything to be upset about, but it is clear that she didn’t want this resolved, she wanted to cause harm.

Now the next part I can’t decide whether it is collusion or simply being opportunistic. Lit was the only other mod online when the real stuff went down, PP had gone to bed. His excuse for not getting involved is horrendous. His first job as a mod is to make sure that everyone in the community is safe. He sat back and watched as multiple people were dragged through the mud by both sides. Once it was clear that things were getting out of hand, he could’ve easily muted all parties and moved things into a private chat, or for the parties to wait for PP to be on so he’d have support to solve the issue. Instead he sat back and let the community turn on each other. Add in the fact that I have it on good authority that he was aware of this bubbling behind the scenes and you’ll see my issue here. He was then exposed when Gary dumped his screens, showing Lit is just as accussable of the sort of things Gary was. Speaking of screens, shall we discuss possibly the worst piece of acting ever witnessed? Mid dispute, in rolls Sniz, valiantly defending Gary. Not many of you would know their relationship, but its far from positive, especially considering the drama that occurred behind the scenes in the days leading up to the end of the festival. So Sniz puts himself up on a pedestal, a man of honour, someone whose word we can trust. Receives the ‘evidence’, of Gary’s transgressions, quickly flips over with a “yeah this is bad, we need a Vote of No Confidence”. Surely no one is blind enough to believe this. I’m sure there is evidence, but I sure as hell don’t trust the word of one person who is closely linked to those involved and has everything to gain from a power struggle.

Where to from here for Fizzybubbles? I really hope you find a way, if only for all the innocent parties involved here. Can’t express enough how disappointed i am that things played out like this, you all deserved better. Moving forward though, there are a number of things you need to consider.

Lit as Moderator- Failed to conduct his duties as a mod, was aware of the issue prior to it happening, has been shown to be guilty of the same thing Gary was (albeit with an incredibly weak excuse). If you want to rebuild, Lit should stand down and be re-elected. If the community wants him to continue, they’ll elect him again.

Moderator Election- Lit can’t be the only one to receive the votes. I plead for the community to request at least 2 community elected officials to receive the votes. A reminder that there are 5-6 people in FB that live in the same ‘house’, one of which is currently in power, the other has clearly been vying for power. Has a massive potential to swing votes and community decisions moving forward. You need to consider who is capable of putting the communities interests ahead of their own self interests. There are already a few candidates that I’d consider fit this criteria and bring a different element to the mod team that the community needs. Connor has experience, he pulls his weight and knows how to make the hard decisions. Enigma is young, but has grown in FB over the years. LBC has the trust of the community, knows where FB has been so can help to get it where it needs to go.

Apologies

The community- for the way this was came out and was handled. I’m aware a lot of the community has mental health trouble and this can’t have been an easy experience. If you’re not travelling well, please seek help and do something that gives you joy.

Blu3shift- man that was a whirlwind of a 2 weeks but it reminded me why I love RPing. I’m really sad I won’t be able to continue what I started, but thankfully I’ve left you in a position where it should be easy for someone else to pick you up once the dust settles.

People I’ve talked about behind closed doors- Plenty of you but please know that none of it was meant to cause harm, it was simply my way of unloading stress. From memory…..
Dragons- I had real issues with you when you started, didn’t like the way you approached things but over time I moved past that.
Danny- Pretty much the same as the above
Zorchic- Same as above
MM- I alway took issue with your ability to reply like lightning but dig your heels in when it came to updating even though it was clear you had the talent. Occasionally I needed to vent this out. There were other times where I didn’t like the way you went about things and needed to talk it out with someone.
Zelphy- There was a period of time where I thought you’d really matured and I got along alright with you. Recently you’ve driven me nuts.

Thankyou and well wishes
Thank you to this community for giving me a place to be creative and grow over the last few years. I’ve got this community to thank for a lot. I’m certainly more open-minded, I’ll be the first to admit that when I first joined UPN I was pretty bigeted and set in my ways. The people I’ve interacted with here have really opened my eyes and I can’t thank you enough for that. I won’t be deleting anyone, if anyone wants to reach out for more information or confront me about things I’ve said, I’m happy to do so in a clear and respectful manner. If at some point, the ‘evidence’ of Gary’s transgressions are shared to the public, I’d appreciate being shown them, just so I can have some sort of closure. I was always going to stick by my friends, warts and all. I’ll be heading off at some point within the next 24 hrs, once I’ve gotten all my loose ends tied up.

“This was not Fizzylution II, this was an un-Civil War” - TKF 2021

Last edited by TheKnightsFury; 04-19-2021 at 04:29 AM.
Old 03-16-2021, 04:18 AM   #4
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Storing this here:

Last edited by TheKnightsFury; 04-19-2021 at 04:29 AM.
Old 04-04-2021, 07:34 PM   #5
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Moonlight filtered in through the barren tree branches. Xander would normally be asleep at this hour, however just as they were about to settle down for the night, Dreepy had shot off. The Dreepy had whizzed away without warning, fairly out of character considering he normally preferred to cling to one of Xander's other Pokemon. He was hot on the ghosts tail, Dracovish stomping along behind him.

It wasn't long before Xander understood why Dreepy had taken off. A wailing cry could be heard ringing through the forest, Dreepy must of heard it before him. It sounded similar to Dreepy's own cry. The soon emerged into a clearing, stumbling onto a horrific scene. A Houndoom stood barking orders at his pack of Houndour. On the ground lay a wounded Dreepy, the only thing keeping the Houndour at bay was Xander's own Dreepy. The little dragon was paralyzing the attackers with Thunder Wave, hindering their movement, however the Houndour were numerous and were threatening to overwhelm him.

"Get in there Dracovish, clear them away with Fishious Rend!" Dracovish's eyes lit up as water flushed through his gills. He charged forward haphazardly, swinging his mighty jaws at the paralyzed Houndour, knocking them out with the tremendous blows. Frustration was beginning to get to the Houndoom. Gathering up power, it fired a powerful Dark Pulse at the downed Dreepy.

Putting its body on the line, Xander's Dreepy darted in to shield its fellow Dreepy. Xander flinched as the attack hit Dreepy, the explosion temporarily concealing him from sight. As the smoke faded, Dreepy was still floating, however it had begun to glow! Dreepy was evolving! Having found inner strength, Dreepy was finally ready to become independent. It body grew drastically and its head became more developed. By the time the process was complete, Dreepy had evolved into its second stage, Drakloak!

Dreepy evolved into Drakloak!

"Well done Dreepy!" Xander shouted with joy. The newly evolved Drakloak floated down to pick up the wounded Dreepy. Thankful for the protection, it scrambled to take up a position atop Drakloak's head. With Dracovish having cleaned up the Houndour, they just had to put a stop to Houndoom. "Finish it Drakloak, hit it with a Hydro Cannon!"

Drakloak gathered a pulsating ball of water. Pouring energy into the attack, he took careful aim before firing it at Houndoom. The Fire type quickly turned tail and began to flee but not quick enough to completely avoid the blast. The attack smashes into the ground just behind it, the resulting explosion sends it crashing into the trees.

With the threat now gone, Xander rushed over to greet his newly evolved Pokemon and his new friend. "Well done Drakloak, looks like you've got a Dreepy of your own now. This isn't your old friend though is it?" Drakloak shook his head. "Just as I thought, he's still out there somewhere. Seems like Delphox's Future Sight was misleading after all. I thought we'd find your old Dragapult and Dreepy, but seems like fate has something else in mind."

Old 04-06-2021, 08:41 PM   #6
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Xander lazily awoke, head pounding, eyes hazy. He pulled himself up out of the trash heap he'd collapsed into, vomit still soaked his top. His memory was patchy, he'd drank too much again, gotten himself in more trouble. He could only remember pieces of what he'd endured. He remembered playing that game of cards with the elderly gentlemen, then getting access to the fights. Zigzagoon had smashed one opponent and then evolved into Linoone, he got confident, too confident. Their next opponent had beaten them relentlessly....

He could remember much after that. He knew he had to get to a Pokemon Center, his Pokemon needed help. As he stumbled through the alley towards the street, he spotted something curled up in a discarded cardboard box. A pair of Eevee wrapped around each other, shivering as they struggled to stay warm. They looked rough and malnourished, were they strays? Xander was already struggling with a lot, but these two seemed to be struggling even more. He leaned down and picked up the box, being careful not to disturb the slumbering Eevees. He was already heading to the Pokemon Center, these two needed treatment as well.

He stumbled out onto the street, mind gripped by a biting hangover. Despite the pain and shame he was enduring, he was intent on making it to his destination. He hobbled down the road, blindly hoping he'd stumble across a Center.....

G-Zigzagoon evolved into G-Linoone!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Visionary Glade