Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2013, 08:48 PM   #526
Princess Ana
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Princess Ana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Have been procrastinating sharing stuff because I've saved over 100 logs at this point that I wanted to show you guys and I know no one will want to read them or watch that many battles @_@ ... but suffice to say:
  • I've made Top 50 for Random Battle via Juisho (15 W 2 L 0 T). The bold score is 2003.
  • I've made Top 200, I believe, for Random Battle via the alt Suisho (78 W 39 L 0 T, I believe). The bold score is somewhere in the 1900s, though I forget exactly what.
  • I've made Top 5 for the Challenge Cup via Juisho. (I forget the scores.) Highest unofficial ranking was 1st place by bold score. Highest official ranking was 2nd place, but a few people have since officially scored higher than me.
That first one doesn't mean anything really. 15 W and 2 L doesn't bring you anywhere near close to ending provisional. The second does mean more though because you played far more battles.

Currnetly, I'm at: 1850, with 60 wins and 39 losses. I was higher, in the 1900s before, but quite a few bad teams bumped me down.
Old 06-16-2013, 09:25 PM   #527
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeVA View Post
That first one doesn't mean anything really.
Don't be such a spoilsport. By your logic, the entire top 100 doesn't mean anything. And it may well not! But at least give some kudos to someone for making Top 50. (It's not like you can just fight three battles and get away with it. You've got to at least fight eleven or twelve or so before it'll click.)

Quote:
15 W and 2 L doesn't bring you anywhere near close to ending provisional.
WRONG! Someone didn't bother to take a look at the ladder. I can guarantee you that I exited the provisional ranking around the time I was either 10-2-0 or else 9-2-0. And I can very much guarantee you that I am not currently in provisional. When I said "I am in the Top 50," I meant it. Not some score that would be Top 50 were it only not ghosted out because lol I've only fought two times and my score is currently 2-0-0. No. A score that is Top 50 because I've fought enough times to make it.

Maybe you're talking about some other kind of provisional. Like a provisional that doesn't exist on the ladder for 100 battles or something. But the provisional I see on the ladder is clearly identified by its ghosted-out color and its italics.

Anyway, Suisho is currently sitting at 76 W 37 L 0 T for an ACRE score of 1925, a Glicko2 score of 1981 ± 40, and a W:L ratio of 2.05 : 1. Not bad, says I.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:56 AM   #528
Princess Ana

I could have sworn that provisional was much higher. Maybe they changed it. *shrug*

Anyways. here is a fun little OU battle that ended up being really close at the end.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:03 AM   #529
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

TIL Forretress can learn Focus Punch.

1.) never ever running forretress without focus punch
2.) alert rare candy treatment
Old 06-18-2013, 02:21 PM   #530
Princess Ana

But Forry doesn't learn FP, unless I'm missing the joke.

Another match. I freaking hate Scarf Kyurem-B. It's this teams one weakness.

THAT MONSTA
Old 06-18-2013, 11:44 PM   #531
DaisyInari
Sarasaland represent!

Send a message via MSN to DaisyInari
Altaria

My second (or was it third?) ever Pokemon showdown battle :>

CC cup, I got really lucky xd;

Hi, I'm Daisy!

Spoiler: show
W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
TP-131 SP- 64.5/96.5 (5SP to Deh, 5SP to FW, 5SP to Desert Spirit, 8.5SP to Fallen Icarus, 10SP to Kyro12, 8SP to Charminions, 10 to aposteriori)
SHUCKS I GOTTA FIX THIS SOMETIME
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Credits to Charm for making this!

Come, my birdies!!!! Mwahahahaha!!!!!!

Thanks Pingu for being so nice and making me this~

Credit to TheKnightsFury for the sprite!

Fear my abnormally large signature~

Be Positive Ref~ I <3 you, Lonely Cubone and those who eval'd me~
DaisyInari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:23 PM   #532
Talon87
時の彼方へ

"Oh shit ... there was another one left?" (Random Battle)

Not necessarily worth watching for the battle itself. (Pretty standard, with loads of nice plays and bad calls by both players.) Just ...

... Just funny for that final bit at the end.

Cheapness followed by cheapness followed by awesomeness. (Random Battle ; 18 turns)

Cheapness #1: my insane luck with the substitutes and critical hits. Even when I messed up (like when I failed to Substitute on the turn his Kecleon used Sucker Punch), the crits made up for it. I wasn't complaining, but I wouldn't begrudge my opponent for doing so.

Cheapness #2: so it's 5-1 and out comes Riolu. "I've got this," I figure. When suddenly ...

"Riolu used Roar!"
"Riolu used Copycat! Riolu used Roar!"

Oh no. Do I have no one on my team with a priority move? When suddenly, as if a gift from the Heavens, he roars out ...

Prankster Toxic Sableye. Thank God for Riolu not being part-Steel! T_T

And with that pretty much deciding the game, he desperately switched over to physical offense but of course to no avail. The 5-0 victory was mine.

I really don't. ^_^; (Random Battle)

But I can assure you that he's either confused me for someone else or else is lying. I don't baw-bitch throughout matches about bad luck like this fellow did. I just keep quiet, win or lose, and if my opponent at the end proves to be a modest winner or loser, I'll say something polite back. Usually I jet out though, win or lose, because I don't want to give someone a hollow gg when I win (I hate it when people do that to me, so I don't do it to others myself) and I don't want to stick around for a gloating party when I lose.

Anyway, why am I telling you this? You can see the evidence for yourself in the hundreds of other logs I've shared here. So yeah. I've no idea what he's on about, and I really don't remember if I've ever fought someone by his name before or not.

He gets six powerhouses. I get ... (Random Battle ; 51 turns)

Skip to Turn 45 if you want to see the final puzzle piece to how I won. I realize it's a long fight and that not everyone will want to watch it all.

For those of you who do watch it all though, what you'll see is a systematic dismantling of each and every one of his mega sweepers. Our strategies were pretty transparent to both sides: mine was to take damage while maintaining numbers, and his was to sacrifice numbers strategically while taking as little collateral damage as possible. Translation: I switched a ton and so my team of six was very battered whereas he was less inclined to switch and so while he had fewer Pokémon than I did they were almost all in better shape. So his hope was the classic modicum (and one I tend to follow myself) "Don't switch recklessly. Make strategic sacrifices to buy your counters safe entry and an opportunity to eliminate the current threat." Whereas my hope was "Surely to God he's got to run out of sweepers eventually! @_@"

I think my strategy would have worked in just about any other match, quite honestly. I'm very, very pleased with how well I dispatched Battering Ram A (Beartic), Battering Ram B (Regigigas), and Battering Ram C (Sawk). Any one of those could've been his means to a sweep. And yet I was fortunate enough that in each case he left them out (why I'll never know) and allowed me to whittle them down to nothing.

But this match was a very bad match for the strategy I employed. Because he had not one, not two, not three sweepers ... but six. Even Roselia sports an insane speed and special attack stat with which to fell things with her Sludge Bomb or Leaf Storm. But Kyurem and Kyurem-B too!? What the hell, man. What the hell. This is ridiculous.

And so victory pretty much seemed to be his, as desperate as I was to fend it off, in the Turn 30s and early Turn 40s. But suddenly, as if by magic, he Outrages, I desperately Recover, and ... that'll do it. 36% damage vs. 50% healing = I can strategically count on you to Outrage again ('cause you're locked in) and I'll use Stockpile. Then, barring a critical, I'll cling to life when your third attack comes in (if it comes in) and then I'll Recover. This is exactly what I did, and his decision to stay out coupled with him hitting himself in the face thanks to confusion meant that I was given the opportunity for a second free Stockpile. That should have done it (again, barring a critical), but AncientPower's buff (FINALLY! About time you gave me one of those! ) was the final straw.

Hippowdon forces ragequit on Turn 19. (Random Battle)

If you like Hippowdon, chances are you're a natural fit for Blue in Magic: the Gathering.

Last edited by Talon87; 06-22-2013 at 08:27 PM.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:52 AM   #533
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Amazing comeback from the worst opening setup ever. (Random Battle)

Turn 0: He leads with Klinklang. I lead with Articuno. Right off the bat, he's got a free Shift Gear.

Turn 1: He gets that Shift Gear as I desperately switch to Yamask with the hope of winning via burn attrition.

Turn 2: He Shifts his Gears once again, greedily, as I go in for the Will-o-Wisp aaaaand ... ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME, IT MISSES. -_-; Well, I'm toast. This match is over.

By the end of Turn 3, we have Articuno (which dies to Klinklang's Wild Charge and can't do shit to kill it with Ice Beam or Hurricane), a more than half-dead Yamask, and two of the worthless worms in Wurmple and Caterpie. I'm facing down a twice-Gear Shifted Klinklang and the match is more or less 4 against 6 right from the start thanks to the two fucking worthless caterpillars.

Still manage to win in the end. \o/

Opponent wasn't the smartest, but if you want to see Meganium kicking ass, then here you go. (Random Battle)

Pretty dumb of him to not switch Tentacool out and back in the moment I popped the balloon. I figured that that's what he was going to do. And when he didn't do it, I figured it was because the rest of his team was all Steel-types, Flying-types, or Levitators. Can't believe he allowed me to badly poison not one but two additional creatures.

Also pretty dumb of him was how he sacrificed Spinda like that. At the start of the match, he should have seen Toxic or Scald coming the moment I sent out Tentacruel. Even if he didn't, he should have Returned away with lightning speed. Doing Wish was dumb, and it was ultimately what allowed me to get down not one but two layers of Toxic Spikes. (Not sure how much difference they made in the end, but still!) Then later on in the match, when he sent Spinda back out to die, that was pretty stupid. Yeah, Spinda was down to only one-third of his remaining health, but still! Why are you sacrificing your Contrary Superpower Pokémon like that!?

Either not having HP Fire on Magnezone (he had Thunder Wave, Substitute, and Flash Cannon that we know of) or else not using it was pretty bad too. He can't help it if it wasn't there, but I fully expected Meganium to be given a run for her survival money by an HP Firing Magnezone. Instead what I got was a free lunch with a Leech Seed that thank the maker managed to outspeed his substitutes due to Magnezone's poor Speed.

Tentacool vs. Happiny wasn't the smartest of him either. I realize he was probably worried about Softboiled or something, but he seriously should have just tried to go for the KO rather than dicking around with Toxic. He'd already lost by that point anyway, but still.

All of this stated, I think that if you're a Meganium fan, then you'll enjoy watching the second two-thirds or so of this match.

I teach a kid why he shouldn't be so quick to cockily declare victory. (Random Battle)

The kid smugly declared "Ha" twice in this battle. First on Turn 1, and then later on Turn 20. First time he did it he was just being a little shit but nothing that bad. Second time he did it, though, there was a very clear subtext of: "I will too say 'Ha' to you. Because I won. I've beaten you. " That sort of attitude annoys me, so I was only too glad to be able to squeeze out a hard-fought victory in the end. Judicious switching, bluffing, etc. all resulted in this win.

In the end, he seemed to be pretty embarrassed+apologetic, and judging from his words and whatnot, it gives me the impression that he really was just a little kid. So I was more than happy to let him go without berating him for being a poor sport during the match.

Grass stall! \o/ (Random Battle ; 33 turns)

Hoppip, Whimsicott, and Gloom. ^^; Guy didn't stand a chance given what his team consisted of and who he was up against. Something you can see him discovering bit by bit if you read his comments.

According to the last guy I faced, I apparently qualify for voice privileges in the chatroom? *shrug* Do you know anything about this, phoopes? People in the chat were non-responsive when I asked and a Google search takes me to a thread where it sounds like you guys might have quit giving out voiced privileges to skilled Random Battlers some time earlier this month.

Last edited by Talon87; 06-26-2013 at 08:52 PM.
Old 06-28-2013, 01:29 AM   #534
Talon87
時の彼方へ

So, apparently I have voice on Smogon now. [/what a small world][/mwahahaha unstoppable Random Battling force]

Well ... it's my alt that does. Suisho. ^_^; I haven't used Juisho in quite a while, because I wanted to preserve his 15 W 2 L 0 T. Ż3Ż So I switched to Suisho. And ... proceeded to fight in like 270 matches. ^^;;
Old 06-29-2013, 10:42 AM   #535
Talon87
時の彼方へ

HeroGross (Random Battle)

Clearly would have been a 6-0 win were it not for his forfeit.

While I think I still would've likely won this battle regardless from Turn 7 forward -- big mistake on his part not to Dragon Dance on my switch due to an unlucky FRZ -- there's little denying that I was practically handed the match thanks to some amazing luck, the highlight of which was four flinches in a row with Zen Headbutt (20% chance for a flinch ordinarily, so the odds are roughly 1 in 625 of this outcome happening) which allowed Metagross to demolish his best hope for a Metagross slayer in Armaldo. Metagross proved able only to at best 5HKO the meaty Jurassic Bug-type, but thanks to those four flinches, the 5HKO was made not only possible but possible at 100% HP. Unbelievable. All he wanted were two X-Scissors (which would've allowed Sceptile to then finish the steel spider off with that Focus Blast of his), but no. No such luck for my opponent.

But yeah, for the record, I still had on my team that full health Eruption Quilava, a Kyurem-W, a Ho-oh, and a SpAtk Nidoking. (And that frozen Baltoy. Baltoy: I'm not dead yet! ) So it's not like I won this match only because of hax. I 6-0'd it only because of hax. But that's different.

Also for the record, the reason he probably didn't Sucker Punch with Golem on Turn 3 was because I psyched him out. After he switched in Golem, I deliberately made it look like I was going to switch out, baiting him to set up Stealth Rock on the switch. This in turn allowed me to safely finish him off with HP Grass.

Current score for Suisho is 183 wins, 106 losses, and 1 tie, placing the account at an ACRE of 1899 and a Glicko2 of 1945 ± 33. I'm hoping to be able to drag myself back up above 1900 again, but it's going to be very difficult, I think, and I pray I haven't just jinxed it. >_<
Old 06-29-2013, 10:55 AM   #536
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Send a message via MSN to Rangeet Send a message via Skype™ to Rangeet
You're going to have to tell me what offerings you make to the RNG, Talon, because out of my like 50 losses only about 10 at most have been my mistake
Rangeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:02 AM   #537
Princess Ana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangeetsuper View Post
You're going to have to tell me what offerings you make to the RNG, Talon, because out of my like 50 losses only about 10 at most have been my mistake
Yeah :P

Praise the mighty Latias, and quake at its power.

I was honestly not expecting this to be a 6-0 win. Was not at the end. First off, there was a couple of lucky crits on my part. The first being the crit on Spoink at the beginning with Body Slam. The second being the crit on Cofargrigus with Dragon Pulse. But otherwise, I think I played pretty well, and me surviving the U-Turn from Flygon was a pleasant suprise.

Why people sometimes make me mad. Also, this is probably the one time I got a team that did not include NFEs.

Last edited by Princess Ana; 06-29-2013 at 11:22 AM.
Princess Ana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:56 PM   #538
Talon87
時の彼方へ

"I come back to you now ... at the turn of the tide," spake Togekiss. (Challenge Cup, 25 turns)

As you can see from the first few turns, he's basically on the road to a retarded 6-0 sweep thanks to a stupid powerful (for Challenge Cup, where the movesets are completely random) Crawdaunt. Brick Break? Dark Pulse? Making matters worse, my Heatran is really awesome too. He has Substitute, Flame Charge, Flamethrower, and Flash Cannon. Practically an authentic set. Couldn't ask for much better than this in Challenge Cup. Oh why oh why did my opponent have to lead with a Crawdaunt? T_T

Anyway, on Turn 1 I have no idea what he has but I fear the worst (Aqua Tail / Crabhammer / Surf / Waterfall, the usual) and so I get the hell out of there and send out Duosion, hoping he can defeat the lobster. (I forget what Duosion had.) Nothing doing, of course, as he's 2HKOd by the combination of Brick Break and Dark Pulse. Fuck, I think. It's at this point that I realize that this Crawdaunt can probably OHKO or 2HKO both my Heatran and my Sneasel. (OHKO for the Sneasel, of course.) What to do, what to do ...

That's when I spot my Alomomola. She has Wish, Rest, Double Team, and Psychic. Okay, we got this. Some evasion hax, some strategic Wishing, and forcing him out so I can use Psy-- oh shit he just triple Dark Pulsed and never fucking missed wtf. -_-; I'm screwed.

Send out Sneasel, praying Low Kick will at least shave off 66% of Crawdaunt's health. It does only 34.7%. -_-;

So now, when hope is seeming all but lost, I glumly send out my dear friend Togekiss on Turn 7. (My only other two options were Heatran and Arcanine. No way.) Looking over her moves, I decide that Echoed Voice would be best. "Assuming I get out of this one alive ..." I tell myself.

Oh boy, do I ever.

I don't know what he was thinking with Celebi, but he basically allows Togekiss to set up Echoed Voice. Maybe he didn't know how the move worked? ^^; Well he clearly found out three turns later when he emergency switched Celebi out. Far too little too late though. My favorite part of this match comes on Turn 12 when he Leech seeds me. Why? Because nothing beats the satisfaction of KOing something before Leech Seed kicks in. And I got to do that not once but twice.

Turn 13. OHKO an Unown. The score is now 3-5.

Turn 14. Finish off Crawdaunt. Score is now 3-4. (TO-GE-KISS! TO-GE-KISS!)

Turn 15 ... awwwwww. Outsped by who would later prove to be an insanely fast Miltank and Giga Impacted into oblivion. But wait, does this mean ...? :o I think it does! HEATRAN, GOOOOOOOOO!

Turn 16, I take advantage of Miltank's charging up period to put up a sub.

Turn 17, Flame Charge to gain some speed.

Turn 18, test to see if I'm faster. Also test to see how many hits it'll take for me to KO Miltank. Damn, I'm slower and it's looking like a 3HKO.

Turn 19, Flame Charge for speed.

Turn 20, surely I'm faster now! Nope. But at least he Giga Impacted, buying me time to not only make my sub this turn but ...

... to use Flame Charge again on Turn 21. Now I have got to be faster, quit fucking around. @_@ I'm at 2.5x speed now!

Turn 22. YEEEEEEEEEEEES! \o/ Faster! And Flash Cannon finishes Miltank off! This is perfect. I'm still hiding behind a sub and I'm now the fastest thing on four legs. Now let's just see what his final unrevealed Pokémon is ...

A Turtwig. Yes. That means that all three of his remaining Pokémon (Turtwig, Celebi, Ferroseed) are weak to Fire. I've got this. I've so got this. FLAMETHROWER, GOOOOO! ................... whaaaaaaat!? You didn't OHKO!? Yeah, at least we got the indirect OHKO via a burn, but still. I wanted to keep my sub. Ż3Ż

Turn 24, KO Celebi.

Turn 25, KO Ferroseed.

And that's the match. \o/

As I told my opponent in the chat (though he jetted before he could get the message), his Crawdaunt pretty much threatened to sweep my entire team whereas my Heatran threatened to (and did) sweep his. So you could say that this match was pretty much decided the moment I took Crawdaunt out.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:57 PM   #539
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Out of curiosity, what was your last pokemon?
Old 07-02-2013, 04:07 PM   #540
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I blow somebody's mind with my magical appreciation for the inner workings of Pokémon. (Random Battle; 46 whopping turns but worth it just for his comments in the final third alone)

I have the Midas Touch, apparently, when it comes to Hurricane's 70% accuracy.

I also very nearly deplete his Zekrom of all of its Fusion Bolt PP. (I made him use up 7 of his 8 against Swanna, and you can tell he was saving the last one for a KO against Snorlax ... too bad it didn't avail him! XP

By all accounts, a normal player should have lost here. A Swanna and a crippled, half-dead Snorlax vs. three good Pokémon, two of them legendary dragons, one who has a 6x advantage over Swanna via electricity and the other who has no weaknesses to any of Swanna's attacks and the fearsomely powerful Draco Meteor. But while luck accounted for maybe 40% of this win, 60% of it was smart strategy. (If I do say so myself. )

Let's go back to the beginning, shall we? The match opens with hax for me (6-5), a sacrifice (5-5), and then hax for him which completely evens out the hax playing field (5-5 but still but soon to be 4-5). A lucky switch on Turn 8 (hooray immunity to Earth Power) is nixed on Turn 9 when I mispredict that he will switch out. He instead stays put and puts up another sub. Damn. There goes Rotom-W then, I guess.

Some smart reliance on Snorlax's hefty SpDef allows me to take advantage of a guaranteed switch and hopefully paralyze whatever he sends out. No such luck, but I do do meaty damage. Rotom is soon sacrificed, and the score is already 3-5. It's not looking good for Team Talon, and I am in definite defensive overdrive.

Turn 18 looks to be lucky, with much needed paralysis ... but fuck. Synchronize. Once again I'm fighting a very defensive, uphill fight.

Turn 19 is a huge boon for my team. His paralysis and my non-paralysis means I get to finish him off rather than the other way around, and instead ofit being 2-5 with a Nasty Plot Elgyem out there, it's instead 3-4. Baby steps, guys. Baby steps.

Turns 20 and 21 see my intimidating his frog and then using Morning Sun to get back up to near full health. Lucky for me, he misses with Cross Chop. (I did say 40% luck won me this match, didn't I? )

Turn 22 is where he starts bitching. It's also, ironically, where this match quits being about Talon's luck and more about Talon's smart wearing down of the opponent. It begins by burning Toxicroak, halving his attack. (This same status has also cut Zekrom's attack in half. Very important as you'll see later!)

Tired of writing. I'll let you just watch the rest. Let me know if you watched it and I'll comment more.

One hell of a brutal beatdown. (Random Battle; 20 turns, but it goes by super quick)

Man, this was just one heck of a RAW BRUTE FORCE match. Choice Band Rock Head Relicanth leads the way with a OHKO against Shelmet, and from there we see such things as:
  • Choice Band Fearow dealing 80% damage with Double Edge
  • Growth Victreebel OHKOing Tangela with a vicious Sludge Bomb
  • Flame Charging Reshiram taking out Rotom-W ...
  • ... but inadvertently allowing Rayquaza to come in and set up a free Dragon Dance
  • Rayquaza OHKOing Tentacool with Outrage before it has a chance to OHKO in turn with Ice Beam
  • Muk OHKOing an Outrage-locked Rayquaza with a powerful Ice Punch
  • Fearow knocking the lights out of that naturally-defensive Muk with one hell of another powerful Double Edge
And it just continues like this. No critical hits. Just pure, raw power.

As if fit for such an occasion, the prince of power then shows up. Mewtwo. Reshiram has once again allowed me a chance to set up for free, and this time it's not pretty: Calm Mind. Calm Mind on a Mewtwo. Prepare to lose. He sends out Gothitelle but, without Shadow Ball, there's just no prayer. Inadvertently, by putting up a Light Screen he drives me to CM even more, only ensuring his eventual defeat at my hands. His only hope rests with paralysis off of Thunderbolt ... and in a match so gleefully devoid of hax for either side, he just doesn't get it. No critical hits, no statuses, just pure, raw power. Gothitelle falls to Mewtwo and so too, soon after, does Reshiram.

Last edited by Talon87; 07-02-2013 at 04:20 PM.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:21 PM   #541
Princess Ana

That was pretty cool Talon. Nice comeback.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:02 AM   #542
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

In which it looks very close but is not.

In which someone forgets what Toxic does to Steel-types.
In retrospect, I should have knocked out Azurill while he was trying to Toxic my Shieldon >_>

In which the RNG is in my favor. Click if you like Medichams.
I think he was hoping for Keldeo to turn it around, but that Hydro Pump miss was pretty grotty and basically ruined his chances >_>

I think this one was okay.
OMG SWAMPERT SO SCARY D:

I checked through all of my Pokemon and THEY WERE ALL WEAK TO ICE FUUUUUUUU

AND THEN EXCADRILL GOT FROZEN AND OMFG CRISIS MODE

I hate this person a great deal from Turn 20 onwards.

Last edited by Shuckle; 07-09-2013 at 11:46 AM.
Shuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:51 PM   #543
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Haxy sleep, haxy freeze. (Random Battle)

In Bronzong vs. Shelgon, I took the gamble that he'd be greedy with his Dragon Dances (which he was) and that I would wake up before being asleep three turns in a row (which I did not). Bad luck, proper call, still stand by it. (Had I woken up, I'd have Trick Roomed the turn I awoke, then put up a Reflect, and then dealt with him pretty easily thanks to Trick Room and all the Ice and Dragon options I had on the team.)

So then in Articuno vs. Miltank, when I get a lucky freeze off, he's all "......." after being frozen five or so turns in a row, but it's like, y'know what, son? Tough. You got lucky that I didn't wake up sooner when you kept greedily spamming Dragon Dances, so consider this evening the playing field.

I've still got it. (Random Battle)

17 W 2 L 0 T for the account Juisho, putting me at 22nd place or some such for the Random Battle tier with a score of 2019. A pretty easy win (4-0) but still. Hooray 2019.
Old 07-20-2013, 07:05 AM   #544
Princess Ana

So, interestingly enough, guess who got the ban hammer?

That's Right. You guessed it.

Its.....

Landorus-I

Sorry, but seriously Smogon. Finally get your act together and outright ban rain and sun already. Landorus-I was by no means broken. Powerful? Yes, but broken, no. Keldeo is often much worse.
Old 07-20-2013, 02:07 PM   #545
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Quote:
So, interestingly enough, guess who got the ban hammer?

That's Right. You guessed it.

Its.....

Landorus-I

Sorry, but seriously Smogon. Finally get your act together and outright ban rain and sun already. Landorus-I was by no means broken. Powerful? Yes, but broken, no. Keldeo is often much worse.
Sun is by no means broken at all. It's actually the one of the worse weathers (since Hail is now Anti-Metagame so it and hail are pretty much bad.). I do say that Sun is good when pulled of right (Like a pure offensive sun team I use), it's just that due to the abundance of Politoed that rain over dominates. THe other things is, Landy-I was pretty powerful, and it and Keldeo are (or were, in Landy's case) being suspected for the Landy/Keldeo/T-Tar core. While I do agree rain is powerful, but it's only powerful due to Keldeo. Sand was pretty broken until Excadrill and the Veils were banned, and it's not as broken any more. Anyways I'm guess what I'm saying with this long paragraph is that the weather's in themselves aren't broken, it's more of the main abusers of the weather that are (And the other Rain abusers aren't that good compared to Keldeo).

Also, Landy-I pretty much Checked or Counter most of the Meta Game, and easily OHKO's to 2HKO'd the entire meta with it's Sheer Force Life Orb Set.

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:22 PM   #546
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

The same thing you said about Landy can be said about Dragonite.
Old 07-20-2013, 09:47 PM   #547
Princess Ana

Quote:
The same thing you said about Landy can be said about Dragonite. And Hydreigon. And Keldeo. Etc.
Also, even if we were to ban the "weather abusers" weather would still be huge. Did you miss the huge era of rain stall that occured in BW?
Old 07-20-2013, 09:58 PM   #548
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Well, Keldeo's 100% getting banned next OU suspect anyway. So yeah.
Old 07-20-2013, 10:11 PM   #549
Princess Ana

Quote:
Well, Keldeo's 100% getting banned next OU suspect anyway. So yeah.
Keldeo is nowhere near as bad outside of Rain. It is essentially a special Terrakion. It can be dangerous but it is easy ti0 prepare for.

I want the next OU suspect test to be both Rain and Sun. Because if it is only rain, Sun is going to take its place, and that just leads to more trouble and more bans. Lost, there generally is only one way to pull off sun, and that is offense. And look what tools you get: Venusaur, Heatran, Volcarona, Tangrowth, Victini etc. Sun is extremely powerful but its hard to use, as any veteran battler will tell you. Many believe that Sun is more broken than rain. That should say something. If we ban both from the get-go, we avoid an awkward phase of, "SUN EVERYWHERE!"
Old 07-21-2013, 01:04 AM   #550
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Quote:
Keldeo is nowhere near as bad outside of Rain. It is essentially a special Terrakion. It can be dangerous but it is easy ti0 prepare for.

I want the next OU suspect test to be both Rain and Sun. Because if it is only rain, Sun is going to take its place, and that just leads to more trouble and more bans. Lost, there generally is only one way to pull off sun, and that is offense. And look what tools you get: Venusaur, Heatran, Volcarona, Tangrowth, Victini etc. Sun is extremely powerful but its hard to use, as any veteran battler will tell you. Many believe that Sun is more broken than rain. That should say something. If we ban both from the get-go, we avoid an awkward phase of, "SUN EVERYWHERE!"
I know that you have to run Offense in Sun, my team has SupPlot Tales, Shiftry (For the sake of priority, just in case something stupid comes along with Priority that can kill me, and Nature power's pretty good), Flame Charge Heatran, Specs Latios, Duggy, and Bulky Offensive Starmie to spin. I do agree sun has more abusers, but they're easily countered by both Sand and rain. Heck, even half of the best abusers also run the risk of being fried by sun. The weather's a double-edged sword, while it hits like a blue whale being propelled at the speed of a race car, it also becomes severely neutered when an opposing weather wins. I have to say, Tangrowth is pretty annoying, but most of the other abusers suffer from either Stealth Rocks, QuakeEdge, and/or Grass-typing. Besides, Sand solidly checks sun and Solarbeam abusers suddenly see their life span cut extremely short. Victini also suffers from V-create... Besides, Weather is part of the meta game now, even if Politoed and Ninetales are suspected (and their bad in Ubers so Drought/Drizzle would just be banned and send them back to RU/NU), I have a feeling it won't get banned.

Also, Keldeo counters have a good run for their money against the Specs set, and team support with T-Tar also helps. Keldeo is more than just a Special Terrakion, it's able to counter both Physical and Special walls that would stand in it's way. Only a hand full of threats counter Keldeo, but the right HP (Dark/Ghost/Bug), or T-Tar can easily take care of them. Keldeo is still pretty broken... I should just stop talking about OU and return to my OMs.

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON