• Gary, Aegislash: 300 HP
  • Lit, Mimikyu: 300 HP
  • TKF, Aggron: 400 HP
  • Yuki, Litwick: 300 HP
  • Connor, Pawniard: 300 HP
  • Zorchic, Charmeleon: 300 HP
  • Ironthunder, Skarmory: 300 HP
  • Raves, Jirachi: 300 HP

The darkness from the forest now enveloped the entire island. It was eerily silent, and it seemed that the darkness only absorbed all sense of life. The Hatterene awaited her guests as they arrived in her lair. Even with the light of Jirachi, this was going to be a hard fight.

Dynamax Initiative:
Raves, Jirachi
  • Trainers may only list 1 order per round. They are also permitted to using 1 item in lieu of an attack.
  • Dynamax Initiative will select a trainer at random. If a trainer has initiative, they may choose to Dynamax their Pokemon for a duration of 3 turns. Dynamaxed Pokemon may only select a Max Attack of a corresponding type from their registered moveset, or Max Guard in place of status moves.
  • When issuing an attack, please state the attack's unbuffed Base Power (BP).
  • If a hold item or ability’s effect is activated in the present round as a result of the previous round’s damage calculation or the present round’s orders, please state it clearly in your response.
  • Roleplaying your orders is optional, but $250 may be collected for responses of 250 words or greater, and Bond will accumulate only for the trainer’s active Pokemon in battle.
  • You have until Tuesday, May 5th to place your order.

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 02:07 PM   #2
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Iron Head, 80BP.
Old 05-02-2020, 02:24 PM   #3
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Shadow Claw (70 BP!)

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 05-02-2020, 04:00 PM   #4
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

Jake could hardly believe it. First, an alarm sounded on his Pokédex, and he arrived to an...island made of candy, to put it simply. The whole place seemed like some sort of fairy tale. Which Jake realized was actually the truth. This Saccharine Island was teeming with Fairy-type Pokémon.

After Jake waved away the robotic helicopter that brought him here, the Skarmorix, he ran in through the forest towards the source of the trouble, clutching Charmeleon's Luxury Ball in his left hand. They'd been practicing a new technique for days now; against the Gigantamax Hatterene seemed like the perfect time to try it out. Speaking of which...

The Psychic and Fairy-type Pokémon towered over everyone. Literally, at least what Jake thought, since it looked like a giant tower to him. The Raid Boss's head peeked through an opening in its seemingly armless body.

The young Aura Guardian pulled out his Pokédex with his right hand, interested in learning more about this monstrosity.

Hatterene, the Silent Pokémon. Gigantamax form. A Psychic and Fairy-type. This Pokémon can read the emotions of creatures over 30 miles away. The minute it senses hostility, it goes on the attack.

"Uh oh," Jake murmured to himself, putting away his Pokédex. "To Hatterene, we're the enemies. How strange." With that, he threw forward the Luxury Ball in his left hand. "Go, Charmeleon!"

"Charrr!" roared the Flame Pokémon upon being sent out. Jake shot the Fire-type a warning look. Apparently, Charmeleon hadn't gotten the memo that Hatterene, Gigantamax or otherwise, hated noise.

"We've got to be quiet, Charmeleon," Jake instructed his Pokémon. "Hatterene are from Galar. They're known for being the Silent Pokémon. In that case, let's attack stealthily!"

Charmeleon nodded without a sound. He understood now. Besides, who doesn't like being a little sneaky? He was getting used to these Galarian newcomers.

"Let's do this," Jake whispered, a determined look on his face. "Charmeleon, attack now! Tiptoe around to Hatterene's back and lash it with your new Iron Tail! Time to show what you've been practicing!"

The fiery-tailed Pokémon grinned and leaped into action, so to speak. He sprinted quickly and quietly to Hatterene's back and hit it with the Steel-type move, his tail glowing a bright silver as he did a front flip and struck the Gigantamax Boss with the attack.

(OOC: Charmeleon uses Iron Tail (100 BP).)
Zorchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 04:11 PM   #5
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Let's be safe and open with a Safeguard (0 BP) to hamper any status affliction.

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 06:46 PM   #6
Connor
Flashbacker

Snarl (65 BP).
Old 05-02-2020, 06:58 PM   #7
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey A very merry Unbirthday to you~

All right, Pan, I know this is finally your first battle, so let's do this! BURNINATE Trap that big gal with a FIRE SPIN (35 BP)!
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 07:01 PM   #8
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Let's start things off with a Shadow Ball (80 BP).

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 07:02 PM   #9
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Let's start things off with an Iron Tail (100 BP)

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 01:07 PM   #10
Lil'twick
Insanity

Dynamax Boss Gigantamax Hatterene
★★★★★
Health Gauge: 83%
Shields Up: 0
Status: Safeguard (4 Turns Remaning), Fire Spin (4 Turns Remaining), +2 Atk, -1 Sp. Atk

Raid Boss Attack Summary:

Attack 1: Swords Dance (0 BP)
Hatterene has boosted its attack!
Attack 2: Max Phantasm (120 BP)

Raves, Jirachi: 84 HP
Attack 3: Brutal Swing (60 BP)

Gary, Aegislash: 192 HP
Connor, Pawniard: 246 HP
Zorchic, Charmeleon: 228 HP
Ironthunder, Skarmory: 222 HP

Raid Challengers:
  • Gary, Aegislash: 192 HP
  • Lit, Mimikyu: 300 HP (-1 Def)
  • TKF, Aggron: 400 HP (-1 Def)
  • Connor, Pawniard: 246 HP
  • Zorchic, Charmeleon: 228 HP
  • Ironthunder, Skarmory: 222 HP (-1 Def)
  • Raves, Jirachi: 84 HP (-1 Def)

The group of trainers begin their all-out assault on the Hatterene, with Jirachi setting up a safeguard to help against its nasty G-Max Smite. The Hatterne, noticing the trainers are trying to sap its magicks, insteads decides to get physical, throwing up a Swords Dance before going on the offensive. Her moniker of the "Raging Goddess" isn't just for show, as she brutally attacks the group after setting up a Swords Dance. It doesn't take long afterwards for her to start decimating the party's health and defenses. She isn't holding back, and the trainers shouldn't as well.

Dynamax Initiative:
Connor, Pawniard
  • Trainers may only list 1 order per round. They are also permitted to using 1 item in lieu of an attack.
  • Dynamax Initiative will select a trainer at random. If a trainer has initiative, they may choose to Dynamax their Pokemon for a duration of 3 turns. Dynamaxed Pokemon may only select a Max Attack of a corresponding type from their registered moveset, or Max Guard in place of status moves.
  • If a hold item or ability’s effect is activated in the present round as a result of the previous round’s damage calculation or the present round’s orders, please state it clearly in your response.
  • Roleplaying your orders is optional, but $250 may be collected for responses of 250 words or greater, and Bond will accumulate only for the trainer’s active Pokemon in battle.
  • You have until Wednesday, May 6th to place your order.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 05-03-2020, 01:20 PM   #11
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Ouch. Let's go for a Wide Guard (0 BP) this round!

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 05-03-2020, 01:22 PM   #12
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Going to add to that with a Reflect (0 BP) while we're still kicking.

Unruly Premonition.
Old 05-03-2020, 02:21 PM   #13
Connor
Flashbacker

I have like one good option.

Snarl (65 BP).
Old 05-03-2020, 02:22 PM   #14
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironthunder View Post
Iron Head, 80BP.
Old 05-03-2020, 04:00 PM   #15
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

Charmeleon, Iron Tail! (100 BP)
Old 05-03-2020, 05:01 PM   #16
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Yikes, almost took down a Legendary already just like that... *gulp* Guess we'd better start getting serious too before it turns on us. Smack it with a SHADOW BALL (80 BP)!
Old 05-03-2020, 06:31 PM   #17
Lil'twick
Insanity

Going to with with another Shadow Claw (70 BP)!

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 05-03-2020, 10:05 PM   #18
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Iron Tail 100BP

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 05:25 PM   #19
Lil'twick
Insanity

Dynamax Boss Gigantamax Hatterene
★★★★★
Health Gauge: 73%
Shields Up: 5
Status: Safeguard [Raiders] (3 Turns Remaning), Reflect [Raiders] (4 Turns Remaining), Psychic Terrain (4 Turns Remaining), Fire Spin (3 Turns Remaining), +2 Atk, -2 Sp. Atk

Raid Boss Attack Summary:

Attack 1: Magic Powder (0 BP)
Connor, Pawniard: Pawniard is now Psychic typed!
Attack 2: Max Mindstorm (120 BP)

TKF, Aggron: 265 HP
Attack 3: Play Rough (90 BP)

Raves, Jirachi: 0 HP

Raid Challengers:
  • Gary, Aegislash: 192 HP
  • Lit, Mimikyu: 300 HP (-1 Def)
  • TKF, Aggron: 265 HP (-1 Def)
  • Connor, Pawniard: 246 HP (Psychic-Typed)
  • Zorchic, Charmeleon: 228 HP
  • Ironthunder, Skarmory: 222 HP (-1 Def)
  • Raves, Jirachi: 0 HP (KO'd, Fully Recovers in One Round)

The trainers go further on the offensive against the Hatterene, and are able to get her shields up and some defenses set up as well. Of course, she takes notice and revises her stragety. She flings around some Magic Powder that's stored in her head, and flings it around, managing to catch out the Pawniard. She then rams into Aggron with a Mindstorm, setting up a psychic terrain as well as giving the giant rock lizard some devestating damage. She then lashes out with her hair, using Play Rough and managing to take down the weekend Jirachi. Things aren't looking great right now.
Dynamax Initiative:
lilboocorsola, Litwick
  • You have until THursday, May 7th to place your order.

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 05-04-2020, 05:35 PM   #20
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Breaking a shield with cheer.

yeah that teaches me for bringing a mythical to this fight

Unruly Premonition.
Old 05-04-2020, 05:36 PM   #21
Connor
Flashbacker

Snarl (65 BP).
Old 05-04-2020, 09:03 PM   #22
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

Smack it with another Iron Tail, Charmeleon! (100 BP)
Old 05-04-2020, 11:22 PM   #23
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Alright Aegis, let's break a shield with an Iron Head (80 BP)!

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 05-06-2020, 07:16 AM   #24
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Iron Head, 80BP.
Old 05-06-2020, 10:03 AM   #25
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey Curioser and curioser

Jess had been somewhat nervous to arrive back on the desserted island once again, after witnessing what the land itself was capable of last time she was here. (Not to mention it might bear a grudge for how her Swalot had tried to swallow its own frosting foliage.) Once she heard of the chaos and destruction the giant hat monster was wreaking though, and saw the attached footage of blue tentacles bursting through the forest to fling the gym leader around like a rag doll - like something out of a bad hentai horror film - she knew she had to come help her friend before he fell victim to the fairy enchantress's trap.

However, her partner this time wasn't exactly cooperating to assuage her anxiety either, as the tiny black candle was easily tempted to consume confectionary as well, attempting to sneak samples of cotton candy floss whenever his trainer's back was turned. Unbeknownst to either of them, it seems she wasn't the only one worried about the wax critter's diet, as a Rotom-H and Drifloon floated furtively behind them, having tagged along out of clandestine concern for their child's wellbeing. Waffle was forced to repeatedly restrain his wife for now so as not to blow their cover, as she determined to give her son a good scolding later for spoiling his appetite before dinner with all the excess sugar in his system.

Likewise, he had to hold her back once they came face to face to with the towering threat in the flesh, as the psychic screamed and swiftly took down the strongest member of the group - a Legendary no less - with but a brutal whip of her hair. The rest of the party was weakened as well, although miraculously only Pan so far had escaped her onslaught completely unscathed. Thus, Waffle urged Blue to wait and see, just as they had done with their daughter during her first battle. As parents, he knew they had to let their little ones grow and become independent at some point; in the meantime simply trusting in their strength and skills, taking pride that they had been taught well.

...And "grow" indeed, the Liltwick was about to, as Jess felt the familiar flash of magenta energy crackle around her wrist, matched by the flickering aura of her comrade's flame. She grinned, knowing what this meant as Pan all too eagerly lit up in agreement. Retrieving him temporarily, she heaved his expanding ball high into the air to release a massive blob of black - so big it nearly blot out the sun, bathing the entire woods in subtle silver glow instead. Shooting up like a toadstool, resembling Alice in Wonderland after having eaten so much currant cake. The colossal candlestick puffed up smugly, standing tall as an Olympic torch as he prepared to show this ugly witch just what he was made of (whilst Waffle endeavored to revive a deflated Blueberry, having fainted in pure shock at the sight of her baby boy fully grown to such humongous heights).

"Those shields should be down now, so let's give her a real scare with a MAX PHANTASM off SHADOW BALL (80 BP)!"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Gym League