Tournament is dumb! 0 0%
4v4 Doubles! 2 9.52%
6v6 Singles! 9 42.86%
Pants are the enemy! 10 47.62%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-23-2010, 12:59 PM   #351
Talon87
時の彼方へ

The battle code for the finale is: 22-18887-68526 .
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:28 PM   #352
Emp
Volcano Badge

The score doesn't really show how tight that battle was. There where plenty of points where it looked like either of us where gunna pull away with a massive sweep. Steel's team is solid, and I know I wouldn't have stood a chance at winning if I hadn't prepared some team changes. Evem then there was a lot of luck involved on my part. GG STEELIE!

Here's my final lineup:
Spoiler: show
Tyranitar@Lum Berry
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
-Dragon Dance
He was a last minute addition in place of my Hippowdon. I felt my team had a few too many physical walls, and with Stealth Rock aside Hippowdon really fails to do much without its lefties. Tyranitar allowed me something to switch into after Cress set up its screens and a potential late-game sweeper. He didn’t really do much at all in that battle besides setting up Sand Storm. I attempted a Dragon Dance sweep which was quickly shut down by Steel’s Breloom.

Cresselia@Light Clay
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Thunder Wave
- Charge Beam
Solely used to counter Steel’s Gyrados, which raped me on one of our previous encounters. That aside, it managed to set screens up multiple times and spam paralysis enough for my Cradily to comfortably set up. At a quarter health it survived Gyarados’s Waterfall with 4hp >> Didn’t realise it was so bulky

Heatran@Choice Scarf
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Overheat
- Dragon Pulse
Can switch in on a lot of common attacks and tear holes through teams. A bit cheap but very effective. He didn’t do me any good in the final, but he was the MVP in my first two tourney battles.

Gliscor@Bright Powder
- Earthquake
- Aerial Ace
- Ice Fang
- Roost
He was great at countering Steelie’s Breloom and Heracross. Excellent tank: Sandveil + Brightpowder is pretty nasty.

Cradily@Lefties
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Rockslide
The set speaks for itself, I was able to switch in on Gyarados and set up thanks to reflect. Its definitely the best special wall in SS, and using this set as opposed to my standard toxi-stall set was really fun. I managed a bit of luck by surviving Starmie’s Ice Beam with a tiny remainder of HP before resting back to health Oo It took out most of Steelie’s team.

Dugtrio@Choice Band
-Earthquake
-Aerial Ace
-Sucker Punch
-Stone Edge
An awesome revenge killer which always comes through against problematic Pokemon. It got me a safe KO against Starmie at the end of the match
Emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 02:40 PM   #353
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

Congratulations Emp on being the first UPNetwork Tournament Champion!

Lemme know your FC and when you're free to trade for your prize.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 02:46 PM   #354
Stlbk
taco...

Send a message via AIM to Stlbk
I think the worst thing I did was have an exhibition battle with you and end up showing my new squad, lol.
And then my rush to battle you for the finals without changing around my team (except Jirachi).
Very GG, we shall have to battle some more sometime, enjoy the Umbreon!

My Final Lineup:
Spoiler: show
Infernape @ Focus Sash
-Fake Out
-Grass Knot
-Stealth Rock
-Overheat
Unfortunately he didn't do more than set up Stealth Rock because Sandstorm + Heatran attack left him KO'd quickly! I thought about switching at that point, but given the rest of my team, sans Gyarados, I didn't think they could take two attacks from the Tran.

Jerichi @ Light Clay
-Uturn
-Wish
-Reflect
-Light Screen
He provided support but was often matched against Cresselia who TWave'd him. that Psychic moon thing really messed up my plans!

Gyarados @ Leftovers
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
Was doing good with Gyarados until it couldn't finish off that Cresselia...4 hp was the difference between taking down a Cradily or losing to that Curse/Resting piece of destruction!

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
-Spore
-Seed Bomb
-Substitute
-Focus Punch
He put the TTar to sleep, and had to run from Gliscor a number of times. A couple bad breaks left him ineffective which was a shame considering how well he normally does.

Heracross @ Choice Scarf
-Pursuit
-Stone Edge
-Megahorn
-Close Combat
Didn't get to do anything special. Was saving him to counter the Tran, but it never got that far.

Starmie @ Choice Specs
-Surf
-Psychic
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
Just couldn't do enough damage to make it effective. Fell to the mighty Dugtrio on that last ditch effort.

Overall I should have changed some guys around, but I don't know if it would have made the difference as your squad was very well put together IMO.

Congrats!
Stlbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 05:01 PM   #355
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Steel, I'm pretty sure you used a Jirachi, not a Jerichi.

Also, Dugtrio's Sucker Punch pretty much screwed Starmie. Otherwise, you had a fair chance at a comeback. (Heatran and Tyranitar and Gliscour AND Dugtrio all fear teh water. Specs'd and STAB'd water? HO YEAH, THEY FEAR IT.) Never mind, I forgot you don't run Rain Dance. Sandstorm screws up this plan nicely.

Last edited by Talon87; 07-23-2010 at 05:03 PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:07 PM   #356
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

Only TTar gets the Sandstream bonus of the Pokemon you listed. So yeah, all of them fear water.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 05:10 PM   #357
Talon87
時の彼方へ

TTar is one enough. He gets sent out, happily eats a Surf, and Crunches or Pursuits Starmie into oblivion.
Old 07-24-2010, 07:08 PM   #358
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Yay for being a Jirachi!

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 10:49 PM   #359
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Well, as I've returned, may as well post the video of my final match, which I've been saving all this time. So, if you REALLY want to see me getting PWNed by Talon (and where I should of listened to my gut feeling a lot more), then search this Video #:

84-09867-25405

Also, a very belated congrats to emp from me. ^_^;
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON